Season 1, Episode 9:Life. Is. Priceless
-Reporter: A FEMA spokesman on the scene refused to comment,
spokesman: 发言人 scene: 场景 refuse: 拒绝 comment: 评论
FEMA: Federal Emergency Management Agency 联邦应急管理局(美)
事故现场的联邦紧急事务管理局,发言人拒绝发表评论
but channel eight news has learned that
channel: 频道
第八频道新闻组获悉
two construction workers have been killed,
construction: 建设,建造
目前已有两名建筑工人丧生
while others may still be buried alive beneath tons of concrete and steel.
bury: 埋葬 alive: 活着的 beneath: 在……之下 ton: 吨 concrete: 混凝土
steel: 钢
另有数人仍深埋钢筋水泥之中
For now, all of Frostburg can only watch and wait as the rescue effort proceeds.
for now: 目前 rescue: 援救,解救 proceed: 着手进行,继续进行
目前Frostburg市民们只能眼睁睁等着救援行动的结果
-Stevens: Everybody just calm down.
clam down: 冷静下来
大家都冷静下来
-Kevin Warren: My construction company's built a dozen of these eco-buildings.
construction: 建设,建造 eco: [构词成分]表示“环境”“生态”;“生态学的”“生态学及…的”
我们公司承建了无数环保建筑
We've never had anything more than a minor injury.
minor: 次要的,较小的 injury: 受伤处,损害
芝麻大的事故都没出过
What are you implying?
imply: 暗示,意味
你那么说是什么意思?
-Mark Boulware: Don't look at me.
别看我
City inspections found no evidence of any sequencing issues in the construction!
inspection: 检查,视察 evidence: 根据,证据 sequencing: 顺序 issue: 问题
市审查部没有发现任何相关的建设问题
-Kevin Warren: Well, maybe you missed something!
那就是你们审漏了!
-Mayor: If you took the proper safety precautions, how would something like this have happened?
proper: 适当的,正确的 precaution: 预防,留心
如果你们采取了全面的安全措施.怎么会发生这种事呢?
-Kevin Warren: Oh, no. No, I am not going to take the fall on this.
take the fall: 代人受罪
噢不别想把责任都推我身上
What the hell is that?
什么鬼声音?
-Cal: Hello? Is this thing on?
喂? 听得到吗?
-Kevin Warren: Who the hell are you?
你哪儿来的?
-Stevens: Dr. Lightman, thanks so much for coming down right away.
come down: 降落
Lightman博士非常感谢您能赶过来
-Cal: Stevens, right?
Stevens 是吧?
-Stevens: Right.
是
Dr. Lightman is here to assist FEMA in the rescue efforts.
assist: 协助,帮助 rescue: 援救,营救 effort: 努力
Lightman博士是来协助紧急事务管理局进行救援行动的
-Kevin Warren: Assist? How?
assist: 帮助,协助
协助? 怎么协助?
-Stevens: He's a deception expert.
deception: 骗局,诡计
他是欺诈专家
He's worked with FEMA on half a dozen cases.
多个案子中都与局里进行过合作
I want you to give him your full cooperation.
cooperation: 合作
我希望你们全力配合
-Mark Boulware: Who's lying?
谁在撒谎?
-Cal: Well, you're all pointing fingers and shifting blame, which is typical of a disaster rescue oration, which is going to guarantee you won't find your men.
point finger: 把矛头指向 shift: 改变,转移 blame: 过失,责备 typical: 典型的
disaster: 灾难 rescue: 援救,解救 oration: 演说,致辞 guarantee: 保证,担当
你们互相指责推卸责任,这在事故救援行动中很常见,但继续这样你们永远也找不到罪魁祸首。
-Stevens: We've pulled out nine men, two in body bags
body bag: 带有拉链的装尸袋,装尸袋
目前九人获救两人丧生另有三人失踪:
three are still missing: Blunt, Denman and Kisker.
Blunt Denman和Kisker
-Cal: How long they been gone?
他们失踪了多长时间?
-Stevens: 15 hours. No sign of them.
sign: 迹象
15个小时还没找到任何踪迹
-Kevin Warren: Yeah, we're not going to find any sign of them standing around here talking either.
是啊站这儿动嘴皮子当然找不到
-Cal: Who are you?
你是哪位?
-Kevin Warren: Kevin Warren. I own green city construction.
own: 拥有
Kevin Warren. 绿城建筑公司老总
Those are my men buried down there.
被埋的都是我的人
-Mayor: They're my men, too.
也是我的人
Those missing men are all from Frostburg.
失踪工人都来自Frostburg
Meredith Fallon. I'm the mayor.
mayor: 市长
Meredith Fallon 市长
This is the city engineer, Mark Boulware.
engineer: 工程师
这位是市工程师 Mark Boulware
-Mark Boulware: We've been focusing our search here.
focus: 集中,聚焦
目前搜索集中在这个区域
Southeast quadrant, 2B.
quadrant: 象限
东南区地下二层
That's where the missing men were last seen.
这是失踪者最后出现的地点
Collapse brought down six stories of concrete right on top of them.
collapse: 崩溃,倒塌 concrete: 水泥
整整六层楼的水泥砸在他们身上
-Stevens: In our experience, if we don't get to them within 24 hours,
experience: 经验
据我们的经验如果他们二十四小时内无法获救
the odds of finding them alive go way down.
odds: 不平等 way down: 下降
那么生还的可能性会大大下降
-Cal: Well, then you'd better move fast, don't you?
那你们得赶紧行动了不是吗?
-Stevens: So who do you want to talk to first?
你想先找谁谈?
-Cal: I need to talk to whoever saw them last.
所有见过失踪者最后一面的
-Foster: I have an early meeting tomorrow that I need you and Loker to take on your own..
明早有个会面你和Loker负责
-Ria: Did you n Dr. Lightman?
找到Lightman博士了吗?
-Foster: FEMA confirmed he's at the disaster site.
confirm: 确定,批准 disaster: 灾难 site: 位置,场所
联邦紧急事务管理局证实他在事故现场
I'm heading out there now while there are still one or two people he hasn't had time to alienate.
head out: 前往 alienate: 使…疏远,离间
趁他还没把人得罪光我得赶紧过去
-Ria: Better drive fast.
那你得开快点
-FBI: Dr. Foster? Dr. Foster?
Foster博士? 是Foster博士吗?
-Foster: Yes.
是
-FBI: Dr. Lightman is waiting for you. Come this way.
Lightman博士在等你这边走
-Spaly: Yeah, we were all on the same sub crew.
sub: 替补队员 crew: 全体队员
我们都在同一个分队
Been working together since we built these foundations.
foundation: 基础,根据
建了地基以后就一直在一起工作
-Foster: And you left the men just before the collapse?
你在坍塌不久前离开的他们?
-Spaly: Yeah, like, two, three minutes at the most.
at the most: 至多
是的顶多两三分钟前
We were laying down rebar, southeast quadrant, and I had to take a leak. Uh, I was in and out of the john and then I felt he ground shaking.
lay down: 放下 rebar: 钢筋条 quadrant: 象限 rebar: 钢筋条 take a leak: 撒尿 john: 厕所习惯用语 shake: 摇动,震动
当时我们在东南区铺设钢筋,然后我去小解,刚从厕所出来就感觉地晃开了
And I hit the dirt.
hit the dirt: 落在地上,迅速卧倒
我赶紧趴下了
I thought, you know, these guys are trapped down there, and I can't even get to them .
trap: 圈套,陷阱
我当时想他们被困在底下.我根本就过不去
-Cal: I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now.
我真无法想象你现在的感受
But I don't think you have any trouble imagining how you're feeling right now.
imagine: 想像
但我想你想像一下肯定没问题
-Spaly: What?
什么?
-Cal: I think you've imagined this while story you're telling.
我认为刚刚那些都是你编的
-Spaly: Are you calling me a liar?
你是说我在撒谎?
-Cal: Your eyes are calling you a liar; we just work here.
你的眼睛告诉我们你在撒谎,我们只是专业判断
-Foster: When people feel genuine guilt, they always look down and away.
genuine: 真正的,真实的
当人发自内心的感到愧疚时,通常目光会向下然后移开
You were looking straight at us.
straight: 正直的,坦率的
你却直盯着我们看
The search team hasn't been able to find the men where you said they were.
搜索队在你提供的地点根本找不到人
Look, we're just trying to understand what happened here.
听着我们只是想了解事情的经过
It says here that you were hurt on a construction job earlier this year.
这里说你今年早些时候受了工伤
It had you out of commission for almost three months.
commission: 委任状,佣金
导致你停工将近三个月
-Spaly: Yeah, yeah. I almost broke my neck on a nonunion contract.
neck: 脖子,颈 nonunion: 不属于工会的
是啊为了个非公会项目差点弄断了脖子
I was lifting pylons.
pylon: 高压电线架,桥塔
我负责搬运塔架
-Cal: what expression do you see?
你看这是什么表情?
-Spaly: Expression?
表情?
-Cal: What emotion do you think this person is feeling right now?
你觉得这个人现在是什么情绪?
-Spaly: I don't know. Angry?
不知道生气?
-Foster: No, surprised.
不对是惊讶
-Cal: And... in this one?
那...这个呢?
-Spaly: Embarrassed?
embarrassed: 尴尬的,局促不安的
尴尬?
-Foster: Happiness.
快乐
-Cal: And... this one?
这个?
-Spaly: Disgusted.
disgust: 厌恶,嫌恶
厌恶
-Foster: Correct.
正确
You're having trouble recognizing every emotion except disgust.
recognize: 认出,认可 emotion: 情感,情绪
你每种情绪都认不出只有厌恶除外
It's a pattern we found sometimes with people who are addicted to opiates.
addict to: 耽溺于,热爱 opiate: 鸦片剂
对镇静剂上瘾的人经常会出现这种情况
You can recognize disgust, because you see it over and over from your friends and family.
disgust: 厌恶
你之所以能认出厌恶是因为你不断从朋友亲人的脸上看到
I'm guessing that after you ran out of pain meds for your neck injury, you started self-medicating.
run out of: 用光 injury: 受伤处,损害
我猜开给颈伤的止痛药用光后,你就开始自我治疗了吧
-Cal: Hey, I've done tons of drugs.
drug: 药,麻药
嘿我曾经嗜毒如命
I understand completely.
我完全理解你
-Foster: Mr. Spaly, did you lie about where you were before the collapse because you were getting high someplace else?
Spaly先生你是不是对于坍塌前的位置问题撒了谎因为你当时正在别处high呢?
-Cal: Who's that? Who's that? And who's that?
这是谁? 这又是谁? 这个呢?
-Spaly: Kisker. That's Denman.
Kisker 这个是Denman
-Cal: And who's that?
这是谁?
-Spaly: I know their names.
我知道他们是谁
-Foster: They're missing, Mr. Spaly.
他们现在下落不明 Spaly先生
-Spaly: Okay, look, I came up.
好的听着我上来了
I went to my Locker and I got my stash. All right, I was—
stash: 藏起来,结束
到储物柜取出藏的毒品我...
I lost track of time, but I wasn't gone from down there more than an hour!
忘了时间但我离开下面绝对不到一个小时!
-Stevens: So you saw the men in the southeast quadrant an hour before the collapse?
那你是在坍塌前一小时看到他们在东南区?就因为你提供的信息我们整个搜索
This entire operation has been focused on 2b in the SE Quad based on what you told us!
quad: 四边形
都集中在东南区地下二层了!
They could be anywhere, on any level!
level: 水平
但现在他们还不知在哪儿不知在哪层呢!
Hold the work! Stop! Hold the work!
停下手头的工作! 停! 都停下!
30 seconds of silence! Now!
silence: 沉默,寂静
三十秒内保持安静! 快点!
Bring the dogs back in!
把狗带进来!
-rescue team: Hey, we've got some banging over here!
bang: 猛击,猛撞
嘿这儿有敲击声!
They're down here!
他们在这下面!
-Cal: Let's hope the dogs aren't lying, too.
但愿狗没有撒谎
-Kachauni: Thank you for meeting with me.
谢谢你们答应会面
-Ria: What can we do for you today, Mr. Kachauni?
您需要什么帮助吗 Kachauni先生?
-Kachauni: I've read about your marriage experiments,
marriage: 婚姻 experiment: 实验
我读过你们研究婚姻关系的报道
and I had my people do a little research into the work you do here.
research into: 研究,调查
也找人调查了一下你们的工作领域
-Ria: Okay.
好的
-Kachauni: Long and short is, I'm about to ask my girlfriend, Nadia, to marry me.
long and short : 总而言之
简单的说我打算向我女友Nadia求婚
-Loker: Oh, mazel tov.
Mazel tov: (希伯来语)恭喜
哦恭喜了
It's a good thing you're starting young. It took my father five times to get it right.
你这么早尝试婚姻是好事,我老爸结了5次婚才找对人
Affair, alcohol, green card problems, affair…
affair: 事件,事情,外遇 alcohol: 酒精 green card: 绿卡
小三酗酒绿卡小三...
-Kachauni: So, when my company, networker, went public, I did, uh... well.
我的公司Networker上市后,我混的...还不错
-Loker: Yeah, I'd call banking four-and-a-half billion dollars doing very well.
banking: 银行业
那是要我说存款四百五十万,那可是相当不错了
-Kachauni: Before I propose to Nadia, I have to know if she loves me for the right reasons.
求婚之前我想证实她是真心爱我的
-Ria: What makes you think she doesn't?
你为什么觉得她有可能不真心呢?
-Kachauni: Nadia grew up with nothing.
Nadia从小生活窘困
Her father was a short-order cook, in and out of work.
short-order: 快餐
她爸爸是打散工的厨子收入极不稳定
She's struggled with money her whole life:
struggle: 挣扎
钱的问题一直就没间断过
Student loans, credit card debt...
学生贷款信用卡债务...
-Ria: So?
所以呢?
-Kachauni: So, right after my company went public,
我公司刚上市不久
my partner's wife left him and
合伙人的妻子就离开了他
took their two-year-old daughter.
还带走了两岁大的女儿
She used the little girl against him for a huge settlement.
settlement: 解决,处理
利用孩子捞了一大笔
-Loker: So what is it you'd like us to do?
那你需要我们做些什么?
-Kachauni: Nadia says she had no idea who I was before we met.
Nadia说在我们相识之后才知道我的身份
I just want to make sure she's telling the truth.
我只是想确认她说的是事实
-Ria: Dr. Lightman does deception detection for the FBI, TSA, police…
FBI: 美国联邦调查局 TSA: 陆军运输署
Lightman博士为联邦调查局 ,交通安全管理局警方等进行欺诈调查
we don't snoop into people's personal lives.
snoop: 窥伺,打听
我们不插手私人生活
-Loker: But thanks for coming in.
但还是谢谢你
Your website's incredibly useful for reconnecting with girls who rejected me in middle school.
website: 网站 incredibly: 难以置信地 reconnect: 再接合 reject: 拒绝,驳回,丢弃
我能再联系上中学拒绝我的女生们你们的网站功不可没呀
-Kachauni: Look, just do your boss a favor, and make a decision after you look.
make a decision: 做决定
听着看完这个再做决定就当帮你们头儿一个忙
-Ria: I think that's the micro expression for "holy crap."
expression: 表情 holy: 神圣的 crap: 废话
我猜你这微表情意思是"我靠"
-Stevens: We're dropping fiber-optic cameras into the collapsed structure,
fiber-optic: 纤维化学 camera: 照相机 structure: 结构
我们正把光缆摄像头探入坍塌的建筑
and the crawler drills will be boring through the debris to create a hole through which we will then pull out the men.
crawler: 履带牵引装置 debris: 碎片,残骸 hole: 洞
电钻机会在废墟中钻出一个通道,然后救出工人
Mayor Fallon.
Fallon市长
-Mayor: And we have every reason to believe that Mr. Blunt, Mr. Denman and Mr. Kisker are alive.
我们坚信 Blunt先生 Denman先生和Kisker先生必将生还
And the drills are the best way to reach the men?
drill: 钻孔机,钻子
你们确信用电钻机是救人的最佳方法?
-Stevens: They've been down there for19 hours now.
他们目前已经被埋十九小时
We need to reach them as quickly as possible.
我们必须以最快速度救出他们
-Mayor: No expense will be spared to save them.
expense: 消费,支出
我们会不遗余力的实施救援
And I want to reiterate that no wrong doing has occurred in the construction on this site.
reiterate: 反复的说,反复的做
在此我想重申建设环节没有任何过失
you know, I'm going to let you handle the questions.
handle: 处理,操作
这样吧剩下的问题你来对付
I really need to get back to the family.
我需要去看看家属
Excuse me, I'm going to get back to the families.
抱歉我需要去看看家属
-Foster: Mayor Fallon, hi. I'm Gillian Foster.
Fallon市长你好.我是Gillian Foster
-Mayor: I know who you are.
我知道你是谁
We really appreciate your help here.
appreciate: 欣赏,感激
我们非常感谢你们的帮助
-Cal: Any idea how this happened?
知道楼为什么会塌吗?
-Mayor: No.
不知道
You lied when you said there was "no wrong doing" on the site.
当你说建设过程"无过失"时你在撒谎
Why was that?
为什么?
-Mayor: Oh, That was just...
只不过是...
-Cal: That was just what?
是什么?
-Mayor: I pressured the green city construction to hire more Frostburg workers than they needed.
pressure: 压力,压迫 construction: 建设,建造 hire: 雇佣
我曾向绿色城建部门施压要求他们超量雇佣Frostburg市的工人
None of our men would have even been there if it weren't for me.
要不是因为我我们的工人就不会在这里了
-Foster: How did you pressure them?
你怎么向他们施压的?
-Mayor: Permits and zoning.
zoning: 分区
以颁发许可证和执行区划作为交换
I helped them clear some bureaucratic hurdles.
bureaucratic: 官僚的 hurdle: 障碍
我帮他们解决繁琐的手续问题
I don't know what things are like for you DC folks,
D.C.:华盛顿特区
我不知道你们在华盛顿怎么样
but things have gotten real bad for Frostburg with the recession.
recession: 衰退
Frostburg市受到了严重的经济衰退的影响
The site was going to bring a whole new industry here;
这项工程会促进全新产业的发展
our Silicon Valley, thousands of new jobs.
Silicon Valley: 硅谷
这里将成为本市的硅谷带来成千上万的工作机会
If I can help with anything else, please call my office.
如果有任何我能帮忙的请给我的办公室打电话
-Foster: Thank you.
谢谢
-FBI: We've got video!
接通视频了!
There they are!
看见他们了!
They're alive!
还活着!
-Cal: Can I see that? No. Can I? Thank you.
我能看看吗? 可以吗? 谢谢
-Blunt: It's Blunt, Denman and Kisker.
我们是Blunt Denman 和Kisker
That's Kisker. His leg's crushed.
crush: 压碎,粉碎
那是Kisker 他的腿压坏了
-Blunt: There's a lot of blood.
流了很多血
I can't really feel my toes.
toe: 脚趾
我的脚失去知觉了
-Mrs. Kisker: Oh, my god. Baby! Someone's got to help him.
天啊亲爱的快来人救救他
-Stevens: We are trying Mrs. Kisker.
我们正在努力营救 Kisker夫人
-Blunt: We rigged a tourniquet on it, but he's not doing so good.
rig: 装配,装扮 tourniquet: 止血器,驱血袋
我们为他绑了止血带可是他情况不妙
-Valerie: Jered, are you hurt?
Jered 你受伤了吗?
-Blunt: I'm okay, Valerie.
我没事 Valerie
We're all banged up a little, but we're okay.
bang up: 弄伤
我们都受了点皮外伤不过一切还好
And I love you, Valerie.
我爱你 Valerie
-Stevens: All right, let's get you back to the staging area.
staging area: 部队从一个战场转往另一个战场的集结地
好了请跟我们去待命区
I will keep you updated.
updated: 更新的
有新情况随时通知你们
-Valerie: I'm staying here.
我要守在这里
-Stevens: I'm sorry. We have to bring you back to the tent.
很抱歉我们必须带你们回帐篷去
Dr. Lightman.
Lightman博士
-Kevin Warren: My men need engineers and rescue workers, not a couple of freak show shrinks pointing fingers.
freak: 怪人,怪事,奇异的 shrink: psychotherapist 精神治疗医生
我们需要的是工程师和营救人员不需要来瞧稀罕的精神病医生
-Cal: She's the shrink. I'm the freak show.
她是精神病医生我是来瞧稀罕的
I'm sorry, we normally wear labels. Hello?
label: 标签,商标
不好意思我们一般不戴工作牌喂?
-Blunt: Hello, we are here.
我们在这
-Cal: Can you tell me what happened?
能告诉我发生什么事了吗?
-Blunt: The sub roof just started coming down.
sub: 替代 roof: 屋顶
内层屋顶突然要坍塌
Once we heard it, we went to the elevator shaft, but we couldn't get there in time.
elevator: 电梯 shaft: 轴,杆状物
我们听到声音就马上逃向升降机井可惜晚了一步
-Stevens: Is there any way you can get over there now?
你们现在还能到那里吗?
-Blunt: We've tried, but the substructure floor between here and the shaft is just too unstable, it could give out.
substructure: 下层,基础 give out: 分发
我们试过但是这里通向升降机井的地板太不牢固了很有可能断裂
-Kevin Warren: He's right. We haven't even completed that substructure floor yet.
substructure: 底部构造
他说的对那地板还没有完工
-Stevens: That man could bleed out down there. We have to drill faster.
drill: 钻孔
那人会失血过多而死的.我们得快点
-Kevin Warren: Listen, guys, I promise you, we're going to get you guys up from out of there, okay?
听着伙计们我向你们保证我们会救你们出来的好吗?
Just sit tight. The drill should reach you in a few hours.
sit tight: 坐稳
请耐心等待钻机再有几小时就能抵达你们了
We're going to do whatever it takes. You're going to be rescued.
我们将不惜一切进行努力你们会得救的
-Cal: Did you see that?
你看到了吗?
-Foster: Yeah.
看到了
-Stevens: See what?
看到什么?
-Cal: Hey, um, Mr. Blunt?
Blunt先生?
-Blunt: Yeah? What is it?
什么事?
-Cal: Mr. Blunt, can you hear me?
Blunt先生你能听到吗?
-FBI: We lost the feed.
feed: 饲料,【feedback: 反馈】
我们失去反馈了
-Stevens: All right, we lost the feed.
我们失去反馈了
Can you trace the line?
trace: 跟踪,回溯
检查一下线路好吗?
Guys, talk to me. I need to know why we got cut off.
cut off: 切断
伙计们快讲话我要知道信号为什么断了
We've got men down there, and we need to communicate with them.
废墟下面有人我们需要联系他们
-rescue team: All right, give me some minute, we’re working on it.
好的稍等我们正在检查
-Cal: Can you rewind it back to the point where they'd just been told they were going to be rescued?
rewind: 回绕,倒带
能倒回到他们得知将被营救时的画面吗?
Uh, these two men are showing joy and relief.
relief: 减轻,解除
这两个人感到开心和宽慰
Yeah, freeze there.
freeze: 冻结,冷冻
这里停下
Can we push in on this man?
push in: 推进
可能把他放大吗?
Okay. Lips stretched. Can you pan up to the eyes?
stretched: 拉伸的 pan up: 垂直上移
好的他嘴角拉得很紧,你能放大他的眼睛吗?
Eyelids retracted.
retracted: 可伸缩的
眼睑紧缩
-Foster: Fear.
恐惧
-Cal: That's concealed fear.
conceal: 隐藏的,隐蔽的
他在隐藏恐惧
-Kevin Warren: Well, he's buried under 50 tons of concrete and steel.
他可是埋在50吨的钢筋水泥之下啊
What the hell were you expecting?
你指望他有什么反应?
-Cal: Relief.
宽慰
I don't expect a man who's just been told he's going to be rescued to show fear
当一个人得知自己将获救时是不应感到害怕的
and everyone else is showing relief.
其他人都松了口气
-Foster: Maybe he doesn't believe he can be rescued.
或许他不相信自己会获救
Post traumatic stress can stifle almost any positive emotion.
post: 【前缀】表示……之后的 traumatic: 外伤的,创伤的 positive: 积极的
emotion: 情感,情绪
创后心理压力几乎能遏制所有积极情感
-Cal: Maybe, uh...
或许...
Mr. Blunt doesn't want to be rescued.
Blunt根本不想被救出来
-Kevin Warren: Who wouldn't want to be rescued?
什么人会不想获救呢?
-Cal: Someone who caused the collapse in the first place.
引起楼房倒塌的人
-Mark Boulware: You think blunt might've intentionally caused the collapse?
intentionally: 有意地,故意地
你认为Blunt刻意制造了这场垮塌?
-Cal: Well, that would explain the look of fear.
explain: 解释,说明
这就解释了他的恐惧
Best explanation we've got.
这是目前为止最好的一种解释
-Stevens: This is unbelievable.
unbelievable: 难以置信的
真是不可置信
-Foster: How long has Jered Blunt worked for you, Mr. Warren?
Jered Blunt为你工作多久了 Warren先生?
-Kevin Warren: About six months.
大约6个月
-Foster: Any problems? Did he threaten violence against the company?
violence: 暴力
出现过什么问题吗?他有没有以暴力威胁过公司?
-Kevin Warren: Yeah, he confronted mea few times.
confront: 面对,对抗
是的他和我当面对质过几次
In fact, he sent a threatening letter to my office, complaining about overtime.
threatening: 有威胁性的 complain: 抱怨 overtime: 加班时间
事实上他还给我办公室寄过恐吓信抱怨加班时间太长
-Cal: Why didn't you fire him?
fire: 解雇
你为什么没有解雇他?
-Kevin Warren: Well, believe me, I tried. The union blocked.
union: 联盟,工会 block: 阻塞
相信我我试过但是工会不同意
-Mark Boulware: Why would Blunt sabotage the building while he was still inside it?
sabotage: 怠工,破坏
他为什么要在自己身处楼中的时候破坏大楼呢?
-Cal: Well, maybe he got trapped down there.
trapped: 被困住的
也许他被困在里面了
Can you replay the video again?
replay: 重演,重赛
你能再放一遍录像吗?
-FBI: Ok, We're up.
开始了
-Blunt: We're all banged up a little, but we're okay.
bang up: 弄伤,损坏
我们都受了点皮外伤但一切还好
And I love you, Valerie.
我爱你 Valerie
-Stevens: Wait, freeze it! Freeze it!
等等暂停! 暂停!
Look at that. There's charring on the concrete.
charring: 碳化,烧焦
瞧水泥上有碳化的痕迹
Burn marks from an explosion.
explosion: 爆炸,爆发
爆炸后的烧痕
-Mark Boulware: Damn.
见鬼
-Foster: What's wrong?
怎么回事?
-Mark Boulware: Blunt could have used explosives to try to blow up the building.
Blunt可能用了爆炸物试图炸毁大楼
That could have caused the collapse.
大楼垮塌可能就是被这引起的
-Stevens: If he did this, he could be trying to sabotage our rescue efforts, too.
sabotage: 破坏,妨害 rescue efforts: 救援行动
如果是他干的他还可能会破坏我们的救援行动
There could be more explosives down there.
下面可能还剩有炸药
-Kevin Warren: What about my other guys? We need to get them out of there.
我其他的工人怎么办?我们得把他们救出来
-Mark Boulware: They're trapped right here, in the northwest quadrant.
他们就被困在这里在西北角
They can get across to the elevator shaft here, they'd be protected from another explosion.
elevator shaft: 电梯,升降梯
他们若去升降机井那边再有爆炸就有掩护了
-Kevin Warren: No way. This floor's too unstable to get there. They'd never make it.
unstable: 不稳定的
不行地板太不牢固了他们会摔死的
-Stevens: We're getting ready to send rescue workers down there.
我们准备好了把营救人员送下去
If there are undetonated explosives, I can't move forward.
undetonated: 未起爆的,未引爆的
可是如果还有未引爆的炸药我就不能这样做
Dr. Lightman, can you find out from Blunt if he did this
Lightman博士你能判断出这事是Blunt干的吗?
So we know if it's safe to get these men down there?
我们才能安全把人送下去
-Cal: If you get the live feed back, I can talk to him directly.
如果有实况回馈我就能和他直接对话了
-Stevens: We have to get it back up then.
我们必须要恢复信号
-Foster: We won't get anything from Blunt that way.
我们这样做 Blunt什么都不会说的
He's not going to admit to blowing up the building when he's still down there with his crew.
admit: 允许进入,承认
他和同事们在一起不会承认是自己炸了大楼
-Kevin Warren: Then what the hell are we going to do?
那我们该怎么做?
Cause we're just wasting time here, and Kisker's down the bleeding.
waste: 浪费
我们在浪费时间Kisker却仍困在下面流血不止
-Foster: Violence in the workplace correlates to domestic violence.
correlate: 相互有关系 domestic violence: 家庭暴力
工作场所暴力与家庭暴力密切相关
A guy doesn't blows up a building without that anger spilling over at home.
blow up: 爆发 spill over: 溢出
炸垮大楼的人即使在家也一定会怒气冲冲的
We should talk to his wife.
我们应该和他妻子谈谈
-Mayor: My father would have been proud of these men.
我父亲若还在世也会为他们感到骄傲的
When he was mayor, it was his dream to try to bring industry to our city,
industry: 工业,勤勉,刻苦
他任市长时的理想就是发扬坚韧不拔的精神
and we're fulfilling that dream and I am proud of our strength in this difficult time.
strength: 强度,力量
我们正在实现他的梦想我为我们在困难时刻表现出的勇气感到骄傲
And once we get the men out...
只要我们把同胞营救出来...
-Foster: Excuse me. Is Valerie Blunt here?
打扰一下 Valerie Blunt在这里吗?
-Mayor: We'll rely on each other to get through this…
rely on: 依靠
我们将相互依靠共渡难关...
Just as We always have.
就像我们过去做的一样
I know you're concerned, and I'll take question one at a time. Please..
我理解大家都很担心,我将逐一回答大家的问题
-Valarie: We met in high school.
我们在高中认识的
I was a cheer leader and Jered was a third-string running back..
cheer leader: 拉拉队员 third-string: 三等的,平庸的 running back: 以带球跑动进攻为主要任务的后卫
我是啦啦队员 Jered是三线跑卫
Ridiculous, right? But we fell in love.
ridiculous: 荒谬的,可笑的
很可笑是吗? 但是我们彼此相爱
-Foster: Are you still in love?
你们仍然相爱吗?
-Valarie: Of course. I mean, you know, It's...it's not perfect; it's…
当然我是说一切称不上完美但...
it's a marriage.
但我们是夫妻
I can't believe this happened after everything else this year.
在今年这么多波澜之后真不敢相信会发生这种事
-Foster: You and your husband have been through a lot?
你和丈夫经历了很多波折?
-Valarie: No, no. I just mean, um...with how hard it is to…
没有 没有我的意思是...
to find workaround here for anyone.
workaround: 工作区
现在对所有人来说.找工作都是很难的事..
-Cal: Maybe he's just crazy.
可能他只是疯子而已
-Foster: What?
什么?
-Cal: Your husband, maybe he's just bonkers.
bonkers: 精神不正常的
你丈夫或许他精神有问题
-Valarie: What... What are you talk--
你...你在说什么
he was arguing with the company, he was constantly getting into fights, right?
argue: 争论,辩论 constantly: 不断地,经常地 fight: 打架,战斗
他和公司上司吵个不停总是陷入争端是吗?
What my partner is dancing around here is that we think your husband just lost it and blew up the building.
我搭档绕来绕去其实想说我们认为你丈夫失去理智炸倒了大楼
-Valarie: Jered would never do that.
Jered不会做这种事的
-Foster: What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
This isn't appropriate.
appropriate: 适当的
这样讲话不合适
-Cal: There's something she's not telling us.
她有事瞒着我们
We're wasting time.
我们在浪费时间
-Foster: I'm sorry.
我很抱歉
-Cal: I'm sick of watching you coddle these women.
coddle: 娇养,溺爱
你总是护着这些女人我受够了
-Foster: Well, I'm sick of you derailing this investigation.
derailing: 使出轨 investigation: 调查
你搞砸了这次调查我更反感
-Cal: You know, you can be a bitch sometimes.
bitch: 母狗,泼妇
你偶尔当一下八婆还可以
-Valarie: Who the hell are you people?
你们都他妈的是些什么人啊?
Stay away from me!
离我远点儿!
-Foster: You almost didn't sell it. I'm going to have to hit you harder next time.
你差点就穿帮了,看来我下次下手得再狠一点儿
-Cal: You know, you take a little bit too much pleasure in that one.
你刚才也过于享受那一巴掌了吧
Valerie blunt was disgusted when you slapped me, but she wasn't afraid.
slap: 掴
Valerie Blunt对你刚才那巴掌很厌恶但她并不感到害怕
-Foster: she showing no heightened sensitivity to violence between a man and a woman.
heighten: 增高,提高 sensitivity: 敏感,多愁善感
她对于男人和女人之间的暴力并没有表现出强烈的敏感
-Foster: I think it's unlikely she was abused.
unlikely: 不大可能发生的 abuse: 滥用,恶习
我认为她没有遭遇家庭暴力问题
-Cal: So you don't think her husband could have blown up the building?
那么你认为她丈夫并没有炸毁那栋楼?
-Foster: With no violence at home?
在没有家庭暴力问题的情况下?
It's hard to believe.
我觉得不大可能
It's loker. Give me a second.
是Loker 等我一下
Yeah? Take it.
是吗? 接呀!
Yeah. Yeah.
对好
-Cal: What was that? A job?
怎么? 接活儿了?
-Foster: Yeah.
对
-Cal: You going to tell me what it is?
准备告诉我具体怎么回事吗?
-Foster: I don't need your permission to take on a case.
permission: 同意,许可
我不是接任何活都要得到你的批准吧
-Cal: That depends on the case, doesn't it really?
depend on: 依靠,相信
那得看是什么事了不是吗
-Foster: It'll be fine, I promise.
会很顺利的我保证
-Cal: That usually means I'm getting screwed.
screwed: 以螺丝拧紧的,喝醉了的
那常常意味着"我又被骗了"
-Foster: Usually.
常常
Isn't that the head of green city construction?
那不是绿城施工队的头吗?
Warren? With Mrs. Blunt?
Warren? 和Blunt夫人在一起?
-Cal: Less than a foot and a half between them.
两人距离不到一英尺半
A flash glance from her fob ere a quick turn away.
目光闪烁的瞟了一眼然后迅速移开
-Foster: They've been intimate before.
intimate: 亲密的
他们曾经很亲密
-Cal: You know,Valerie blunt was hiding something when you asked if she and her husband had problems, eyelids fluttered.
eyelid: 眼皮,眼睑 flutter: 摆动,烦扰
你刚才问Valerie Blunt她和丈夫之间是否有问题时她显然有所隐瞒她不停的眨眼睛
There was something she didn't want to say.
有些事情她不想说
-Foster: Maybe her husband wasn't the perpetrator. Maybe he was the target.
perpetrator: 犯人,作恶之人 target: 靶,目标
也许他丈夫不是始作俑者或许他只是目标
-Cal: So Warren sleeps with Blunt's wife, and then buries him alive?
这么说 Warren和Blunt的老婆睡了然后再将他活埋?
-Kevin Warren: If you would think I would have anything to do with this, you are completely out of your mind.
out of one’s mind: 疯了
如果你们认为我和这事有什么关系那你们显然是疯了
Why would I sabotage my own job, own company?
sabotage: 妨碍,破坏
我为什么要毁掉自己的工作自己的公司?
For, for woman?
为了...女人?
And I got ten guys on this crew at least who can tell you exactly where I've been on this site every minute of the last three days.
我能找着至少十个伙计来告诉你们过去这三天里的每一分钟我都在哪儿在做些什么
I haven't been down to the substructure for weeks.
substructure: 构造,基础工事
我过来这工程已经有好几星期了
-Cal: But you and Mrs. Blunt had an affair, right ?
但你和Blunt夫人有过婚外情对吗?
-Kevin Warren: It wasn't an affair. They were separated at the time.
separate: 分开
算不上婚外情他们当时已经分开了而且分开前6个月
And he'd hardly spoken to her for six months before they broke up.
他就几乎不和她说话了
-Foster: Why did your relationship end?
那你和她怎么又散了呢?
-Kevin Warren: I just wasn't into it anymore.
我只是不再有感觉了
You know, I told her I just wasn't really feeling it, you know?
你知道我就告诉她我对她不再有感觉了
-Cal: That's a lot of anger you're showing for a woman you don't care about.
对一个你不关心的女人你流露出的愤怒还真多啊
Men usually reserve that kind of anger for won that they love.
reserve: 保留,预订
而对于自己深爱的女人男人常常会对这种愤怒有所保留
-Kevin Warren: I don't know why it ended, ok?
我就是不知道为啥散了好吗?
I thought we were on cloud nine.
cold nine: 极乐心境,狂喜状态
我还以为我们当时很快乐
We both felt like we were kids again.
我们都感觉自己又回到了孩提时代
We were out to dinner one night, she got a phone call from Blunt;
有一天晚上我们出去吃饭她接到了Blunt的电话
She spoke to him for about five minutes and she bolted out of the restaurant, I don't know.
restaurant: 餐厅 bolt: 冲出去
他俩说了五分钟就急忙冲出了餐馆我不知道怎么了
She went running back to him ,just like that, so..
她就那样又冲回到Blunt身边所以...
-Stevens: You believe him?
你相信他吗?
-Cal: Well, he's pretty confident about his alibi.
alibi: 不在场证明辩解,托辞
他说的很自信而且在谈到Valerie Blunt的时候
-Foster: And he used simile sand metaphors when he was talking about Valerie blunt.
metaphor: 隐喻,暗喻
还用了明喻和暗喻手法
"We were on cloud nine. Felt like kids again."
我们当时很快乐像又回到了孩提时代
People don't use that kind of language when they're lying.
人们撒谎的时候通常不会用那么多修辞
-Cal: What do you think blunt told her that brought her running back?
run back: 上溯
你觉得Blunt跟她说了什么让她回心转意?
-Foster: There's something going on between them.
他们之间肯定有些问题
And we still don't know why he showed fear when he found out he was going to be rescued.
我们还是不知道为什么Blunt得知自己将获救的时候表现出害怕
-Cal: I need to know what else Loker found on the footage.
footage: 片段
我得知道Loker在那录像上还发现了些什么
-Blunt: It's hot down here, but there's still air.
这下面很热但还有空气
-Loker: Can we zoom in on his left cheek and forehead, Sylvia?
zoom in on: 给…特写 forehead: 前额
能拉近看看他的左脸颊正前方吗 Sylvia?
Oh, there's that thing again.
瞧又出现了那个
-Michael: What is that? Contempt?
contempt: 轻视,轻蔑
那是什么? 轻蔑?
-Loker: Could be contempt. Its unilateral.
unilateral: 单方面的,单边的
也许是单侧的
-Ria: I need to borrow Michael. We're going to go meet our billionaire's girlfriend, Nadia Dawson.
billionaire: 亿万富翁
嘿我得借用一下Michael我们得去会会亿万富翁的女朋友 Nadia Dawson
-Michael: Woa!
哇!
-Loker: Easy, tiger. She's only into guys making ten figures.
tiger: 【俚语】勇猛的人
猛男不要紧张她一定只是借那个男人上位
-Ria: Maybe she really loves him.
也许她是真的爱她
-Loker: Yeah, right
是啊对
-Ria: What makes you so sure?
sure: 确信,必然的
你怎么这么确定? 那表情啥意思?
-Loker: the female hanging fly.
hanging: 悬挂着的
一只母苍蝇
-Ria: What?
什么?
-Loker: The female hanging fly.
female: 雌性的
到处觅食的母苍蝇
She'll only mate with a male when he brings her a caterpillar as a food offering.
caterpillar: 毛虫
它们只会跟能带回食物的公苍蝇交配
The bigger the offering, the more time she will have intercourse with him.
intercourse: 交往,交流
带给她们的食物越多交媾的次数也就越多
For insects, it's food.
insect: 昆虫
对于昆虫来说筹码是食物
For us, it's money.
对人类来说就是钱
She's a female hanging fly.
她就像一只母苍蝇
-Ria: Okay, you need to get out more.
够了你需要多出去走走了
-Loker: Look, I don't care if she's into him for his money, as long as she is up front about it from the beginning.
up front: 预先
我不在乎她是不是因为钱黏上他既然她打一开始就是因为这个
-Ria: Yeah, well, it's not always so easy to be open about money.
告诉你吧女人并不总是这么容易因为钱妥协
-Loker: I always tell women exactly how much I have in the bank on the first date.
我总是在第一次约会的时候告诉女人我的银行户头有多少钱
-Sylvia: And you wonder why you never get a second.
wonder: 惊奇,想知道
所以你还奇怪为什么没有第二次约会吗?
Good luck. Dr. Lightman's on the line.
祝你好运 Lightman博士打来电话
-Loker: Hey. So it's a contraction of Blunt's orbicular is, corrugators and frontal is muscles.
contraction: 收缩,缩写 orbicular: 球状的 corrugator: 皱眉肌 frontal: 前的,正面的
Blunt的轮匝肌皱眉肌和额肌收缩
I'm thinking contempt.
contempt: 轻蔑,轻视
我认为是轻蔑
Maybe he did try to bring down the building after all.
也许他的确尝试炸毁那栋楼
-Cal: No, that's not contempt.
不那不是轻蔑
-Loker: Well, what is it?
那是什么?
-Cal: Mr. Blunt's a very sick man.
Blunt先生病的很厉害
-Loker: I wouldn't feel too well either if I were buried under a building.
要是我被埋在楼底下我也不会感觉良好
-Cal: No. He was sick long before he was buried.
不他在被埋很久以前就生病了。
-FBI: Almost got the feed back up.
信号基本连上了
-Cal: How's your husband?
你老公怎么了?
-Foster: How'd you know...
你怎么知道的...
Don't do that.
别分析我
-Kevin Warren: Can you still hear us?
能听到吗?
-Blunt: Yeah.
是的
We hear you.
我们听到了
-Kevin Warren: Got it. How's Mr. Kisker?
很好 Kisker先生情况怎么样?
-Blunt: He's not good. You need to get us out of here.
不大好你们得赶紧把我们救出来
-Cal: Mr. Blunt, I need you to tell us something.
Blunt先生我需要你告诉我一些事情
-Blunt: What is it?
什么?
-Cal: On the video footage we got of you back here, I noticed something a little peculiar.
footage: 影片的镜头 peculiar: 奇怪的,古怪的
我们从之前你的录像上看出了点不太寻常的东西
You have a rippling contraction of your facial muscles.
rippling: 起涟漪的 facial: 面部的
你的面部肌肉出现了收缩
-Blunt: I don't understand.
我不太明白
-Cal: Well, you haven't been well, have you?
你情况不是太好对吗?
-Blunt: What do you mean?
你的意思是?
-Cal: Your muscle contraction is a symptom of late-stage multiple sclerosis.
muscle: 肌肉 symptom: 症状 late-stage: 晚期 multiple: 多样的,多重的 sclerosis: 硬化(症)
肌肉收缩是晚期多发性硬化症的症状
-Blunt: No. I don't know what you're talking about.
不我不知道你在说什么
-Foster: When you and your wife were separated—
separated: 分开的
你和你妻子分开的时候
something that you told her over the phone brought her running back to you.
你告诉了她一些事情然后她立刻回到了你身边
Are you sick?
你是不是病了?
-Cal: Mr. Blunt, it's okay.
Blunt先生没关系
-Foster: Mr. Blunt, your friend could bleed to death.
Blunt先生,你的朋友可能会因流血过多而死
-Blunt: I never meant for any of this to happen.
我不是有意要让这些事情发生的
But we got no savings.
saving: 储蓄
但我们没有储蓄了
I don't have insurance.
insurance: 保险
而且也没有上保险
Doctors say I got... I got a few years.
医生说我...还有几年的时间
I didn't want to leave Valerie with nothing.
我不想死后没给Valerie留下任何东西
-Cal: When you were told you were gonna be rescued, you looked scared.
scared: 害怕的
当你得知将获救的时候你看起来很害怕
-Foster: What were you afraid we were going to find out?
你害怕我们会发现什么?
-Blunt: I was working near the elevator shaft.
我当时在升降机井附近干活儿
My hands have been shaking a lot, and I... I didn't, um…
我的手抖得厉害我...我不能呃
I was trying to hold on to my blowtorch and I couldn't and it fell..
blowtorch: 吹管
我试着拿住喷枪但拿不住它掉了下来
from b-1,two floors down to b-3.
从地下一层掉到地下三层
The tank must have exploded.
explode: 爆炸
喷枪的气罐一定爆炸了
I didn't realize I was putting you guys in danger, I swear.
swear: 发誓,咒骂
我发誓我没意识到会让你们陷入险境
-Nadia: Hello. Can I help you?
你好有什么需要帮忙的吗?
-Ria: Are you Nadia Dawson?
你是Nadia Dawson吗?
-Nadia: Yes.
是的
-Ria: Hi, I'm Christina Lopez.
我是Christina Lopez
I was three years behind you in north Columbus.
我也在哥伦布北部中学比你低三届
You played softball for Ms. Sleevi? Pitcher, right?
softball: 垒球 pitcher: 投手
你在Sleevi女士的垒球队打球?投手对吧?
-Nadia: Yeah.
是啊
-Ria: Yeah.
认对喽!
She always said you had the best pickoff move.
pickoff: 以牵制球使出局
她总说你投牵制球投的最好
-Nadia: That is so funny.
真有意思
Are you staying here at the hotel...
你在这儿住酒店吗?
I'm sorry, what was it, Christina?
抱歉你叫什么来着 Christina?
-Ria: Yeah.
是的
I was just here for a meeting. You been working here a long time?
我来这里开会的你在这儿工作很久了?
-Nadia: Almost a year.
差不多一年了
It turns out Georgetown actually wants you to pay for classes, so…
想住在乔治敦你就得付出所以...
How weird running into someone from N.C. High-- here.
weird: 怪异的 run into: 遇到
能在这儿遇到哥伦布北部高中的校友实在太不可思议了
Ms. Sleevi would always say,
Sleevi女士总是说
"You got four bases, three strikes, two teams, but only one winner."
strike: 打击
"你们有四垒三次击球两支队伍但只有一个赢家"
-Ria: So what brought you to D.C.?
那么你怎么会到华盛顿来的?
-Nadia: Um, well, my boyfriend started a company that's based here.
嗯我男友开办的公司设立在这儿
It's one of those social internet sites the kids are into.
运营那种小孩们乐此不疲的网络社区
-Ria: Oh, which one?
哦哪个网站?
-Nadia: It's called networker.
Networker
-Ria: You're dating the founder of Networker?
founder: 创始人
你在和Networker的创始人约会?
-Nadia: Yeah.
是啊
-Ria: Wow, how'd that happen?
哇这怎么可能?
-Nadia: What do you mean?
你指什么?
-Ria: I mean, it's just a long way from north Columbus.
我是说这儿离北哥伦布那么远
-Nadia: Yeah, I guess so.
是啊我猜是这样
-Ria: How'd you meet him?
你们怎么认识的?
-Nadia: Yeah, it's the funniest thing.
嗯那是最有趣的了
I obviously had heard of the company, but I had no idea who he was.
obviously: 显然地
当然了我听说过他的公司,但我一点都不认识他
I just saw this adorable guy standing right here at the bar trying to get a drink.
adorable: 可爱的
我就是看见吧台边坐着一个可爱的家伙举杯酣饮
-Ria: Yeah, that is funny.
是的是很有趣
It must be strange to come from north Columbus and now to be with someone so well off.
well off: 富有的
如今与这么富有的人在一起对比北哥伦布的岁月一定是恍如隔世吧。
-Loker: Take a look at this, Mr. Klahanie.
看下这个 Klahanie先生
-Nadia: "You got four bases, three strikes, two teams, but only one winner."
"你们有四垒三次击球两支队伍但只有一个赢家"
-Loker: That's Nadia telling the truth.
那是Nadia讲真话时的情况
She's talking with her hands, what we call illustrators.
illustrator: 插图,诠释
她讲话时伴有手部动作我们称之为诠释性动作
But when she's asked if she knew who you were when you met..
但当被问起初次见面之前她是否已经认识你…
-Nadia: yes, the funniest thing.
嗯那是最有趣的了
I'd obviously heard of the company, but I had no idea who he was.
当然了我听说过他的公司但我一点都不认识他
I just saw this adorable guy standing there at the bar.
我就是看见吧台边坐着一个可爱的家伙举杯酣饮
-Loker: No more illustrators.
illustrator: 起实例作用的事物
诠释性动作不见了
Her hands are in her lap.
lap: 膝盖
她把手夹在两腿间
-Ria: It must be strange coming from north Columbus and now to dating someone so well off.
如今与这么富有的人在一起对比北哥伦布的岁月一定是恍如隔世吧
-Loker: Instead, she touches her watch and.. her earring. Manipulators..
touch: 接触,触及 earring: 耳环 manipulator: 操纵动作
然后她抚弄她的手表...耳环。这是操纵性动作
When you see illustrators decrease
当你发现诠释性动作减少
and manipulators increase--
而操纵性动作增加
scratching, licking the lips, or in this case, touching jewelry, it's a sign of lying.
lick: 舔,卷过 jewelry: 珠宝
抓耳挠腮咂嘴或者像这个抚弄首饰,这都是撒谎的表现
-Kachani: I can't believe this.
难以置信
-Loker: Whatever she told you, she knew who you were when you met.
不论她怎么说初次见面之前她都认识你
-Kachani: You have my check.
我会给你支票
-Loker: Mr. Kachani...
Kachani先生...
-Kachani: I don't want to see any more.
我什么都不想再看了
-Ria: Mr. Kachani...
Kachani先生...
I thought he was coming back in tomorrow.
我以为他明天才来
-Loker: He said he couldn't wait.
他说他等不及了
-Ria: What did you tell him?
你跟他说什么了?
-Loker: The truth--she's after his money.
真相她看上了他的钱
-Ria: That's not the whole truth.
真相并不只如此
-Loker: It's all he wanted to know.
他想知道的就是这个
-Ria: Yeah, but that's not all we found out.
是的但我们发现的不只这些。
-reporter: We're sure it was an accident?
accident: 事故,意外的事
确定这只是一起意外?
-Mayor: Of course it was.
当然是意外
We knew that a man intentionally do harm to the building.
intentionally: 有意地,故意地
我们的人从来没有故意破坏建筑
-Stevens: Mayor Fallon is right. We've ruled out the possibility of explosives.
Fallon市长是正确的,我们排除了爆炸的可能性
Should be able to reach the men within the hour.
应该可以在一小时内接应到被困人员
-reporter: What was the exact cause?
确切的事故原因是什么?
-Mark Boulware: Detonation of a blowtorch acetylene tank dropped through the substructure by Mr. Blunt.
detonation: 爆炸 acetylene:乙炔,电石气
Blunt先生在地基下弄掉了喷灯,乙炔储罐发生了爆炸
-Cal: That man doesn't believe a word he just said.
那家伙自己都不相信自己说的话
-Foster: No, he doesn't.
是的他不信
-Mark Boulware: The specifics of the collapse pattern are consistent with Blunt's description.
对崩塌进行模拟所显示的细节,与Blunt的描述一致
-Foster:Maybe he knows what really happened.
也许他知道真相
-Cal: Hey, Stevens. You got a problem.
嘿 Stevens 你有麻烦了
The city engineer doesn't believe that blowtorch caused the building to collapse.
blowtorch: 喷灯
工程师不相信是喷灯造成的建筑垮塌
-Stevens: Of course he does. He said so.
他当然相信他说过的
-Foster: The engineer is lying.
他在撒谎
He knows something about how this collapse happened.
他知道这次事故的真相
-Stevens: Five minutes ago you told me Blunt caused the collapse.
5分钟前你们告诉我是Blunt导致了崩塌
Who the hell am I supposed to believe?
见鬼我到底该信谁?
-Cal: Well, I'll tell you who not to believe.
那我要告诉你别信谁
That guy.
那个家伙
-someone: I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years..
我爱着这个女人三十多年了...
the same woman for 30-plus years...
...这个女人三十多年了...
-Ria: Thanks for coming back in, Mr. Kachani.
非常感谢你回来 Kachani先生
-Kachani: I don't understand why I'm here.
我不明白为什么来这儿
-Ria: Well, the fact that Nadia knew who you were before you met isn't the only thing we learned when I talked to her.
嗯事实上我们并不只发现Nadia在你们相遇前就认识你
-Kachani: Ok.
好吧
-Ria: Look at this.
看这个
-Nadia: And the way he hates breakfast food, and how frustrated he gets in traffic.
frustrated: 失败的,落空的
他痛恨早餐他堵车时沮丧的样子
I don't know, I just love everything about him. I…
我不知道我就是爱他的一切我...
I want to spend the rest of my life with him.
我想和他共度余生
-Ria: There.
那儿
That's an illustration there she is telling the truth.
那是个诠释性动作她在说实话
She does love you, and your money.
她确实爱你还有你的钱
You're lying to yourself if you think you can separate the two.
如果你认为你能把二者分开的话,那你就是在对自己撒谎了
-Kachani: She lied to me.
她对我撒谎了
-Loker: Well, why are you in love with Nadia?
那么你为什么爱上Nadia呢?
She's charming, she's intelligent. And... oh, wait for it…
charming: 迷人的
她迷人聪明而且...哦等一下...
She's beautiful.
她很美丽
How's her beauty any different from your money?
她的美貌和你的金钱有什么区别么?
-Kachani: I don't know.
我不知道
-Ria: Exactly.
确实
Just be honest with her.
对她坦诚相待就好
And yourself.
对自己也一样
And get a prenup.
prenup: 婚前协议
签个婚前财产协议。
-Mark Boulware: I don't know what you're talking about.
我不知道你在说什么
I didn't shrug my shoulders.
shrug: 耸肩
我没耸肩
-Foster: Yeah, you don't believe the blow torch caused the explosion, do you, Mr. Boulware?
你不相信是喷灯造成了爆炸对吧?
-Mark Boulware: Yes, I do.
不我相信
What's he doing?
他在干嘛?
-Cal: 11 beats every five seconds.
beat:(心脏)跳动
5秒钟11跳
That's 132 beats per minute.
也就是每分钟132跳
-Mark Boulware: What are you talking about?
你说什么呢?
-Cal: Your carotid artery is pulsing 132 beats per minute.
carotid: 颈动脉 artery;动脉,主流
你的颈动脉每分钟搏动132次
Your heart's racing. Why are you so tense?
race: 赛跑 tense: 紧张
你的心脏正狂跳呢干嘛这么紧张?
-Foster: Maybe you found something in your inspections that could have caused the collapse.
inspection: 检查,视察
也许你在调查中发现了是什么导致崩塌
-Mark Boulware: I didn't find anything.
我什么都没发现
-Cal: Now that's the truth. Now you're telling the truth.
现在这是实话现在你说实话了
So I'm thinking, maybe you didn't find anything,
所以我认为也许你什么都没发现
because you didn't do the proper inspections.
因为你根本没有真正在调查
-Foster: There are three men trapped underneath us.
underneath: 在…下面
有三个人困在下面了
And if you know there's a problem and something happens to them--
如果你知道问题在哪又任由他们出事
it's going to be your fault.
那就是你的过错了
-Mark Boulware: My wife and I were three payments behind on our mortgage.
payment: 支付 mortgage: 抵押
我和妻子已经有三次未能缴纳抵押款了
We were gonna get foreclosed.
foreclosed: 排除,取消抵押品的赎回权
我们就要被取消赎回权了
I don't know where the hell the money came from.
我不知道钱是从哪儿来的
-Cal: Money?
钱?
-Mark Boulware: And A note.
还有张字条
-Foster: From who?
谁给的?
-Mark Boulware: I don't know.
我不知道
It just said to skip the inspections and sign off on the approvals.
skip: 跳越,蹦跳 inspection: 检查,调查 approval: 认可,赞同
字条上说要我跳过调查在同意书上签字
-Cal: Well, why would someone pay you off?
pay off: 偿清
那么为什么会有人帮你偿清债务?
What was it they didn't want you to find?
他们不想让你查到的究竟是什么?
-Mark Boulware: Look, usually these inspections are pro forma.
pro forma: 形式的
听着通常这种调查都是走形式的
I'm sure someone just wanted to move things along faster.
我确定有人只是希望进程快一些
-Foster: Mr. Boulware, you don't believe that's all it is.
Boulware先生你根本不相信
事情只有这么简单
Now you're minimizing--you're playing down your responsibility for what's gone wrong.
minimize: 最小化
你在最小化...降低自己在此次过错中所应承担的责任
You don't want to admit how big a risk you really took with these men's lives.
你不愿承认你拿这些人的生命在冒多大的险
But you need to tell us, what is the worst thing somebody could be trying to hide on this site?
但你得告诉我们某些人千方百计隐瞒的究竟是怎样严重的问题
-Cal: There. There.
那儿那儿
What were you thinking?
你在想什么?
-Stevens: Soon as the drills allow us to pull them through, we're gonna get your husband out of there.
只要钻头达到拉他们出来的标准我们立刻救你丈夫出来
-Valarie: Please. He's everything.
拜托了他是我的一切
Just get him out of there.
求求你们一定要把他救出来
-Stevens: Weill, Mrs. Blunt, I promise.
好的 Blunt夫人我保证
-Cal: Stevens!
Stevens!
You have to stop the drilling.
你们必须把钻机停下来
-Stevens: What are you talking about?
你在胡说些什么
-Cal: Tell him.
快告诉他
-Mark Boulware: We can't drill-- there could be
不能在那钻 那下面可能有
-Stevens: Methane
沼气
-Mark Boulware: If there's methane down there, Blunt's blowtorch could've ignited it, causing the explosion.
ignite: 点燃
如果下面有沼气 Blunt的喷灯可能已经点燃沼气那样就会引起爆炸
The drills could setoff another one!
setoff: 衬托物,竞争
钻头则会引燃另外一处
-Stevens: Environmental testing was done on this site months ago.
这个地方几个月前刚做的环保评测
There's no signs of any gas.
没有迹象显示这有瓦斯
-Cal: No, he took a bribe; proper inspections weren't done.
bribe: 贿赂 proper: 适当的,正确地
不他拿了好处了有些测定没有做
-Stevens: What?
什么?
-Mark Bouware: I went back over the old geologic surveys.
geologic: 地质的
我查了这里的地方志
Decades ago, this entire area was a landfill, and
entire: 全部的,整个的 landfill: 垃圾堆
几十年前这片是个垃圾掩埋场
there could be methane escaping up from it.
escape: 逃脱,避开
有可能会有沼气渗出
-Stevens: How could you have signed off without the inspections?
sign off : 停播,停止活动
为什么你们没查这个就停下来了
-Mark Boulware: Just stop the drills and do the testing!
把钻机停下来再做个测试
-Stevens: Methane testing takes hours.
沼气测试需要数个小时
These men have been trapped for almost a full day.
这些人已经被困了快一天了
One man is dying down there.
有一个人就快死了
We could lose him while we do this testing.
我们不能为了做测试而把他仍在那不管
-Cal: Someone paid this man not to do his job. You don't care who or why?
有人贿赂他让他别管这事儿不想知道是谁什么理由吗?
-Stevens: I'll let the cops deal with him.
这个警察会和他谈的
I'm not wasting any more time.
我一点时间都不想浪费了
I am saving these men; we are drilling.
我是在救他们接着钻
-Cal: Eight to one.
八比一
-Stevens: What?
什么?
-Cal: Eight to one. Average ratio of firefighter deaths in the U.S. Compared to every other country with the same training, effectiveness and equipment.
effectiveness: 效力 equipment: 设备
八比一 在装备训练效率都相同的情况下- 美国消防员平均死亡率是其他国家的八倍
-Stevens: So What?
那又怎么样
-Foster: We have a hero complex in this country.
complex: 复合体
我们的国家有着英雄主义情节
Our firefighters rush in too quickly, trying to live up to the expectation
live up to: 实行(达到预期标准,不辜负……的希望)
我们的消防员一上来就冲进现场想以此来证明
that they're heroes, and
他们是名副其实的英雄
more of our men get killed.
却导致更多不必要的伤亡
-Stevens: Step back. And that is an order! Now!
退后这是命令! 立即退后!
Almost! Ten more feet!
快到了! 还有十英尺!
Power up to 800 rpm's!
rpm: 回转速率
钻速加到800 (转/分钟)
-Mark Stevens: You guys all right?
你们还好吧?
-Blunt: It's hard to breathe--the air's getting thick.
快喘不过气来了空气越来越薄
-Foster: Is that the methane?
是沼气吗?
-Mark Blunware: It could explode; the drills could set it off.
可能会爆炸钻头可能会引爆
-Cal: You got to tell me what's going on.
你得把情况告诉他们
-Mark Boulware: This is the city engineer. I think there's a pool of methane seeping up from underneath you.
seep: 渗出
我是市政工程师我认为你们下方有沼气在向上渗出
-Denmen: Methane?
沼气
-Cal:ls there any place they can get to where they'll be safer?
他们能到达相对安全点的地方吗?
-Mark Boulware: You need to try to get to the elevator shaft. You need to go now.
你们试着去升降梯那马上就去
-Danmen: Come on, Blunt!
快点 Blunt
-Blunt: Tell my wife... I love her.
告诉我妻子我爱她
-Mark Boulware: If the drill shit that methane...
如果钻头引爆沼气....
-Foster: We got to stop the drilling.
得把钻机停下来
-Cal: Stop the drilling! Stop the drilling!
别钻了! 别钻了!
-rescue team: I don't hear anything!
什么声音都没有
I got nothing!
什么都没有!
Can you hear me?
能听到我说话吗?
Yes! Yes! We got one!
能能找到了一个
He's on. He is ok.
上来了他没事
We got Denman.
我们找到了Denman
Come on, come on.
慢点慢点
-Valarie: Where is he? Where's Jered?
他在哪儿? Jered在哪儿?
-Denman: Blunt let us go first.
Blunt让我们先走
He didn't make it into the shaft, and, uh... fires…
他还没来的及进升降梯... 大火就...
Sorry. I'm so sorry.
抱歉我也很难过
-Foster: FBI is here. What do you want to do?
FBI: 美国联邦调查局
FBI来了你想怎么做?
-Cal: You talk, I'll watch, okay?
你说吧我看着好吗?
-FBI: Kevin warren?
Kevin Warren?
-Kevin Warren: Yeah.
是我
-FBI: You have the right to remain silent.
你有权保持沉默
-Kevin Warren: What?
什么?
-FBI: Anything you say or do can be used against you.
你所说所作的一切都会成为呈堂证供
-Kevin Warren: Are you kidding me? Wh-what is this?
开什么玩笑这是什么意思?
-Foster: You found out there was methane underneath this site, and you knew it would derail this project.
derail: 使出轨
你发现这地下有沼气而且知道这会引起工程事故
-Kevin Warren: That's crazy.
真是疯了
-Foster: And you tried to bribe the city engineer
bribe: 贿赂
你试图贿赂市政工程师
to sign off without proper inspections.
让他不做检测就签署文件
-Kevin Warren: Oh, this is crazy. I would never do anything to risk my guys' lives.
胡说八道我不会拿我手下的命开玩笑的
And if there was methane, I didn't know about it.
如果这有沼气我也是毫不知情
-Cal: That's the truth.
他说的是事实
I know you didn't, because you showed true surprise when you were accused.
他确实不知道在被指控的时候他表现出了真正的诧异
Everybody here was surprised, outraged...
outraged: 震惊的,义愤填膺的
这的每个人都表现的很吃惊愤怒...
except for one.
除了一个人之外
One person was relieved.
那个人松了一口气
When a guilty person sees someone accused of the crime that they committed, they show relief.
committed: 犯,连累
有罪的人看到别人为自己的错顶罪时他们会表现的如释重负
-Foster: Your father tried to bring a factory to Frostburg when he was mayor, and he couldn't.
你父亲还是市长时想给Frostburg建一个工厂,但没成功
Is that how you found out about the methane?
你就是这样发现这有沼气的吧?
-Mayor: I never thought anything like this could happen.
我从没想过会发生这样的事
I didn't. I didn't.
没想过啊真没想过
We needed the jobs.
大家都需要工作
I'm sorry.
非常抱歉
歌手: Fink This is the Thing
-Foster: I thought you could use a real drink.
我想你需要大醉一场
-Cal: And a bath.
再来个热水澡
-Foster: Mm, well, I can't help you with that.
哦这个就帮不了你了
Why do people always think
为什么人们总认为
they're the only one with a secret?
自己是唯一知道秘密的呢?
-Cal: Human nature, of course.
human nature: 人性
人的本性啊
-Foster: if the mayor had told the truth, or blunt...had been honest about his illness…
如果市长早点说出真相 Blunt...也如实说了自己的病情
hmm, none of this would've happened.
这一切都不会发生
If the lies...
如果谎言...
hadn't come together.
没有碰到一块儿
-Cal: They always do.
总是会碰到一起的 (总是会出事的)
词汇解析:Gloria 校对:Lavinia



评 论


