分享到:
启德教育

Heroes学英语 第三季 16集:Chapter Three 'Building 26'

 

-Sandra: It is so nice to have everyone under the same roof again.

have sb. do: 让某人做某事  under the same roof: 在同一个屋檐下 

真的很高兴大家又能回家一起吃饭了。

Noah, I hope this new job will keep you home for a while.

hope: 希望, 期望  keep: (使)保持; (使)继续  for a while: 暂时(一会儿)

Noah 我希望这份新工作能让你在家待久一点

-Bennet: Absolutely.

 absolutely: 完全地;绝对地

没问题。

-Lyle: What does a consultant do exactly?

 consultant: 顾问  exactly: 确切地, 精确地

准确地来说 顾问主要的工作是什么?

-Bennet: Well, it's complicated.

 complicated: 结构复杂的

说起来很复杂。

Mostly I meet with various businesses and government people.

mostly: 大部分,主要地,多半,通常  various: 一些, 若干  business: 工商企业,商店;事业government: 政府

通常是接待一些生意人和一些政府部门的人。

They explain their overall strategies and I consult.

explain: 讲解,解释  overall: 总体的;全面的  strategy: 战略,策略  consult: 请教,咨询

听他们宏观上的阐释策略,然后给建议。

[Claire sees her cell phone and it reads: NEED YOUR HELP. MUST WARN TARGET.-REBEL]

-Sandra: Honey, do you have to do that at the table?

 have to do: 不得不做某事  

宝贝,你一定要在吃饭的时候发短信吗?

-Claire: Sorry.

抱歉.

-Sandra: So I have yet to hear one word about your trip.

 yet: ,,仍然trip: 旅行,旅游,有目的的外出

我还没有听到你说起旅程的事情。

-Bennet: Claire?

Claire?

-Claire: Nothing much to tell.

 nothing much: 非常少  tell: ,告诉

没什么好说的。

-Sandra: You visited five of the best colleges on the east coast and you have nothing to tell?

visit: 访问;探望;参观;游览 college: 大学,学院;高等专科学校  coast: n. 海岸,海滨

你参观了东海岸的那5个最好的大学,居然没有什么好说的?

Which ones did you like, Noah?

你喜欢哪个,Noah?

-Bennet: Brown. I liked Brown.

布朗。我喜欢布朗大学。

-Sandra: Claire? Come back here.

Claire?回来。

-Bennet: I think all this Ivy League talk might be a little intimidating.

lvy league: 常青藤盟校【在美国常春藤学府一般隐喻著和高等学习院校有关,但只有一些学校被公认为常春藤联盟。常春藤联盟由美国东北部之八所学校组合而成:布朗大学哥伦比亚大学康奈尔大学达特茅斯学院哈佛大学宾夕法尼亚大学普林斯顿大学、及耶鲁大学。】  league: 联盟,同盟  talk: n. 谈话,会谈,讲话  intimidating: 胁迫的;威胁的

这种常春藤名校联盟的话题可能有点吓到她了。

Maybe community college would be a better fit for now.

maybe: 很可能;大概  community: 社区,社会,团体  college: 大学,学院  better: 更好的  fit: 合适的, 适宜的  for now:〈口〉暂时,目前,眼下

也许社区学校在现阶段来说更适合。

I'll go talk to her.

我会跟她谈谈。

-Bennet: What the hell was that?

 what the hell: (用以加强语气或咒骂)究竟,到底

你那是什么意思?

-Claire: I can't lie to her anymore.

 lie: 说谎  not anymore: 不再

我不能再对她撒谎了。

Your new job!

你的新工作!

Our father daughter college tour.

college: 大学,学院  tour: 旅行,观光

父亲和女儿的大学之旅。

-Bennet: We can't risk her knowing anything right now.

 risk: 冒险;险【句型:risk doing sth. 冒险做…】  right now: 此刻,目前

我们现在不能让她知道,太危险了。

The last time she knew, she almost got herself killed.

last time: 上一次  almost: 几乎,差不多,差一点;将近  get sth. done: 完成;使某事被做【类似 have sth. done

上次她知道得太多,差点死于非命。

Your mom and Lyle are safer this way.

这样对你妈妈和Lyle来说更安全。

-Claire: Dad, you've been telling me that since I was 15.

 have been doing: 过去到现在一直做【现在完成进行时】  since: 自从(过去某事)以来[以后, 到现在]

Dad,你从15岁开始就一直对我说同样的话。

-Bennet: They're not just watching you, Claire.

 just: 只是,仅仅  watch: ,观察【此处意为监视】

他们不只是在监视着你,Claire

They're watching me.

他们在监视我。

You brought a plane down out of the sky.

bring sth./sb. down: 使(某物或某人)掉下(倒下)  plane: 飞机  out of:

你把一架飞机弄得坠落.

Federal agents are dead, and a lot of people want to see you pay.

federal: 联邦政府的  agent: 间谍,密探,特务  a lot of: 许多的  pay: 付款,付出代价,偿还,得到报应

联邦调查人员丧命,很多人都想让你血债血还。

If either one of us strays from the script,

either of: (两者之中)任何一个【neither of: 两者都不】  stray from: 偏离,远离【或说:stray far from stray: 走失,离群;迷路  script: 剧本,脚本,讲稿

如果我们其中的有个人不按计划行事,

I won't be able to stop them.

be able to: ,

我就无力阻止他们。

There won't be any paper trail. No trial.

trail: 跟踪,追踪;足迹;臭迹  trial: 审判,审理

没有文件记录。没有审判。

One day, you'll just be gone

gone:离去的,迷失方向,远走高飞,不见了【此处意为“不见了,消失”】

某天,你就这么地被掳走。

And nobody can find you.

没有人找得到你。

-Claire: And now's the part where you tell me.

然后现在你要告诉我。

How everything you do, you do to protect me.

protect: 保护;保卫

你做的每一件事,都是为了保护我。

-Bennet: No.

不是。

Now's the part when I tell you exactly,

exactly: 正确地,严密地

现在我要告诉你的是,

what you're going to do next.

接下来的任务是什么。

Start classes at Costa Verde community. 

start: 开始;开端;出发  community: 社区,社会,团体

Costa Verde社区上学。

You're already enrolled.

already: 早已,已经  enroll: 登记,招收,使入伍(或入会、入学等)  enrolled: 入学登记了的

你已经被录取了。

History, English lit, Spanish,

history: 历史学  lit= literature: 文学,文学作品  Spanish: 西班牙语;西班牙的,西班牙人的,西班牙语的

历史学,英语文学,西班牙语。

and come Monday morning,

星期一早上去报到。

You better be parked in that front row with a sharp number two pencil

park: 放置在某处  front row : 座位的前排  front: 前面的,前部的;正面的  row: 一排,一行  sharp: 锋利的,尖锐的 

你最好就拿着削得很好的铅笔坐到前排去。

Or there is going to be hell to pay.

hell: 地狱;苦痛的境况【此处Bennet警告Claire,所以用了hell  pay: 付出代价,偿还,得到报应

要不就等着被严厉地惩罚吧。

 

[Claire sees the cell phone and it says:

Warn Alex Sam’s comics. On Buford. Go now. –Rebel]

warn: v.警告, 提醒; 告诫; 预先通知, 预告【句型warn sb. sth. comics: 漫画

警告Alex Sam的漫画,在巴佛。

 

-Danko: Wires are upaccounts are frozen.

wire: 电线,导线   account: ,账户  be frozen: 被冻结

监视设备启动了,帐户被冻结。

We have traffic cam feeds from all 50 states.

cam feed:凸轮进给  cam : 凸轮  state: ;

我们有来自50个州的买卖凸轮进给。

Patriot act gives us a lot of leeway here.

patriot: 爱国者;爱国主义者  act: 行动,  give sb sth: 给某人某物   leeway: 灵活性; 随意处置的余地

爱国者法案给了我们很大的灵活性。

-Man: What's our status on the Bennet girl?

 status: 情形,状况

我们要怎么处理Bennet的女儿?

-Danko: Eyes only.

eyes on sb.: 看管、看守【同keep an eye on sb./sth.

只用盯着她。

We look, but we don't touch.

touch: 伤害,触犯;接触;触摸

我们盯住她,但是不要去接触。

Senator Petrelli has granted Ms. Bennet a probation for now.

senator :参议员  grant sb sth: 赋予某人做某事的特权  probation: 缓刑(), (以观后效的)察看  for now: 暂时,目前,眼下

准许Bennet太太暂时只需察看。

Should the terms of that arrangement be compromised,

arrangement: 安排; 解决办法  compromise: 折中解决; 和解,...妥协

也许这个安排不能全部完成,

I will certainly bring it to his attention.

certainly: 无疑地;确定地  attention: 注意,专心,留心

我一定会让他对此倍加关注。

Assuming he finishes his latte and decides to show up for work.

assume: 假设,臆断,猜想  latte : 拿铁咖啡【拿铁咖啡是意大利浓缩咖啡与牛奶的经典混合,它与卡布奇诺Cappuccino相比,有更多鲜奶味道。如果在热牛奶上再加上一些打成泡沫的冷牛奶,就成了一杯美式拿铁咖啡。星巴克的美式拿铁就是用这种方法制成的:底部是意大利浓缩咖啡,中间是加热到6575的牛奶,最后是一层不超过半厘米的冷的牛奶泡沫。】decide to do sth.: 决定做  show up: 到场,出席  

如果他喝完了拿铁咖啡肯出来主持大局的话

-Nathan: Double espresso.

 double: 双份的  espresso: (蒸气加压煮出的)浓咖啡

双倍特浓咖啡。

And Claire Bennet is still off-limits.

still: 仍然,依旧,还是  off-limit: 自由,不受限制的

Claire Bennet仍然得注意了。

Now I know a lot of you lost friends on this crash.

lost: 失去,丧失,遗失 crash: 撞车事故,失事【常指飞机失事或者汽车相撞】

我知道你们当中很多人在这次坠机中失去了朋友。

You want payback. I understand that.

payback: 偿还;报复  understand: ;理解

你们想报仇,我明白的。

Not all of these individuals out there are dangerous.

individual: 个人;人  dangerous: 危险的

这帮人中并不全是危险分子。

Some of them are just plain scared.

plain: 朴素的;简单的;平常的;完全的;十足的;彻底的  scared: 惊慌的;吓坏的

有些人只是被吓到了。

Now that they know they're being pursued,

now that: 既然  pursue: 追捕,追击

现在他们知道自己被追捕,

they're gonna be even that much harder to catch.

even: 更加,愈加  harder: 更辛苦地  catch: 逮住,捉住,抓住

捕获他们的难度更大了。

Which is why I put in a request to the White House this morning to double our funding.

request: 要求,请求double: 的两倍, (使)加倍【此处作动词解】  White House: 白宫,美国政府的行政机关funding: 资金;经费

所以今天早上我向白宫提出请求,增加双倍的资金。

We need to show progress.

show: 表现出;显露出  progress: 进步,发展

我们要展示下我们的进步。

These are our targets.

target: (欲达到的)[]

这些人就是我们的目标。

Know them, hunt them, track them, and bring them home alive.

hunt: 打猎,猎取;搜寻,寻找,追捕  track: 跟踪,追踪  bring: 带来,拿来  alive: 活着的,在世的,存在的

了解他们,追捕他们,跟踪他们,然后活抓回来。

 

-Luke: This is so cool.

太有趣了。

Road trip.

Road trip: 通过乘/驾车在公路上进行旅行的方式

驾车旅行。

My mom never took me anywhere.

我妈妈从不带我出去。

Ooh, we should stop at some skanky diner somewhere and get some pie and some milkshakes.

skanky: 衣衫不整的  diner: 用餐者;参观  milkshake: 奶昔

,我们得在小餐馆那停一下,然后买些馅饼和一些奶昔。

-Sylar: We're not stopping.

我们不会停车的。

-Luke: Sure?

当真?

It's a long way till we get to your dad.

到你爸那儿还要走很长的路呢。

-Sylar: Where is he?

他在哪里?

-Luke: I told you, "just keep heading west."

keep doing: 一直做某事  head: 行进;长出头

我告诉过你的 "只需要一直往西边开"

-Sylar: Yeah, you told me to keep heading west.

是的,你告诉我只需要一直往西边开。

Now I want to know exactly where he is.

exactly: 确切地,精确地

现在我要知道他具体的方位。

-Luke: Okay, uh, he told me that if he ever had to disappear,

ever:【表示条件、威胁等语气】若是,假如  disappear: 不见,消失

好吧,他告诉过我他藏起来的时候,

I could find him in Minnesota.

我可以去明尼苏达州找他。

He's got a cabin in the woods about 28 miles west of...

cabin: 〈美〉小木屋  woods: 森林;树林

他在森林那有个小木屋大约在西边28公里...

-Sylar: You're lying.

你在撒谎。

-Luke: It's amazing how you can do that.

 amazing: 令人惊异的

你这个超能力太神奇了。

-Sylar: Tell me where he is.

告诉我他在哪里。

-Luke: Okay, okay.

好的,好的。

He has an ex-wife who's a flight attendant.

ex-wife: 前妻【ex-常在口语里表示前任的,如ex-boyfriend  flight attendant : 空中乘务员 (由于中国人的语言习惯,这些人常被叫做空姐空嫂  flight: 航班,航机  attendant: 服务 

人员,侍者,随从

他有个当空姐的前妻。

She lives in Des Moines.

她住在得梅因(美国衣爱荷华州的首府).

They had a kid that was born with some sort of... Bone dis...

be born with: 生而具有

他们生有一个小孩 有先天性...骨癌...

-Sylar: Stop.

住嘴。

I can tell when people are lying.

tell: vt. & vi.分辨、辨别;vi.泄密

我之所以知道人们在撒谎。

Because I saw open their skulls and rip their abilities out from their brains.

skull: 颅骨,脑壳  rip out: 狠狠地发出  rip: 扯破,撕坏  brain: ,脑髓

是因为我打开他们的头颅,然后从大脑里夺走他们的超能力。

-Luke: Wow.

哇!

So you're like a serial killer.

serial: 连续的,一系列的  killer: 杀手,凶手,杀人魔

所以你就像是个杀人恶魔。

-Sylar: I'm not a serial killer.

我不是个杀人恶魔。

-Luke: But you've got a pattern.

 pattern: 榜样,典范;方式,形式;,样式

但你有着杀人恶魔的特征。

You go after specific victims.

go after: 追逐,追求  specific: 明确的,确切的,详尽的;具体的,特有的,特定的  victim: 牺牲者,受害者,受灾者

你追踪每个特殊的被害者。

You collect mementos.

collect: 收集,采集  memento: 纪念品,令人回忆的东西

你收集纪念品。

-Sylar: Okay, technically, I'm a serial killer.

 technically: 技术上,学术上,工艺上

好吧,实际上,我是杀人恶魔。

Now that we've established that,

now that: 既然  establish: 确定,证实

那既然我们明白了,

give me one good reason why I shouldn't tear open your head right here.

tear: ,; (使)分裂;猛然撕掉,拔掉  right here: 就在这儿

那给我一个现在不能撕开你脑袋的好理由。

-Luke: Because you'll never find your dad.

因为你会永远找不到你的爸爸。

-Sylar: It's not a road trip. Do you understand?

所以这不是驾车旅行,明白么?

 

[Get your motor running ]

motor: 马达,发动机  running: 运行

发动引擎。

[ Head out on the highway ]

head: 行进;长出头  highway: 公路,交通要道

开到高速公路上。

 

-Man: Sir!

长官!

 

[ Hey, get out of my way ]

get out of: 离开;;停止;改掉;戒掉;脱离,摆脱,克服;避免做某事

嘿,别挡路。

-Claire: Are you Alex?

你是Alex?

# All things must pass #

pass: 走过,经过;通过;批准;度过;花费;...忽略过去;使马虎过去;使通过

一切都会过去。

-Alex: You're a girl.

你是个女孩

-Claire: Yeah, I am.

是啊,我是。

-Alex: No, it's just we don't normally get a lot of girls in here.

 normally: 通常;正常地

不,只是我们不常有女生到这儿来。

You know?

知道么?

-Claire: Listen, I'm just here to deliver a message.

 deliver: 递送,交付  message: 信息,便条,口信

听着,我只是来带个口信。

You're in danger.

in danger: 在危险中,的危险

你现在有危险。

You need to get out of here immediately.

immediately: 立即,马上

你得马上离开。

-Alex: Victor.

Victor

-Claire: What?

什么?

-Alex: Oh, come on.

哦,得了吧。

A hot blonde in a comic book store?

blonde: 白肤金发碧眼女人  comic: 连环漫画杂志  store: 商店,店铺

一个性感的金发美女在漫画书店?

Please. Victor sent you, right?

send: ,;派遣

得了吧,Victor让你来的,是么?

This is payback for the whole birthday thing, right?

payback: 报复  whole: 齐全的,整体的,全部的 

是为了回报关于生日的事么?

Wait, let me guess.

guess:

等等,让我猜猜。

Is this all gonna end with you giving me like a lap dance or something?

end with: 结束  lap: (坐着时)膝上腰下的大腿部分

这会以你跟我跳个舞或者其他什么来结尾么?

-Claire: No!

不是!

You have to listen to me, all right?

你得听我说,好么?

This is not a joke.

joke: 笑话,玩笑

这不是开玩笑。

There are people out there who are after you.

after: (表示目标)追求,追寻

外面有人在找你。

They will come in here and take you away.

come in: 进来,进入;来到,到达  take away: 带走;使离开

他们会进来,带走你。

-Alex: Yeah! In here?

是啊! 在这里?

Oh, come on.

哦,行了吧。

You gotta do a better job convincing me.

convince: 使相信;使明白

你得多下下功夫来说服我。

-Claire: Your life is in danger.

你的小命不保了。

Move. Now.

快走。马上!

-Claire: Move. Now.

快走,马上。

-Alex: You wanna tell me what the hell is going on?

 what the hell: (用以加强语气或咒骂)究竟,到底   go on: 进行;发生

你得告诉我这他妈的怎么回事?

-Claire: There's a man in here.

那个在这儿的男人。

He's looking for you,

look for: 寻找(某人或某物)

是来找你的。

And he's very, very dangerous.

dangerous: 有危险的,危险的

他非常非常的危险。

Do you have your car here?

你这里有车么?

-Alex: Yeah, yeah, but it's out back.

是是,但是在外面。

-Bennet: Alex working today?

Alex今天上班么?

-Alex: Come on.

过来。

-Bennet: Alex Woolsley.

Alex Woolsley

I'm from the County Clerk's office.

county: ,  clerk: 办事员,职员   office: 办公室,办公处;事务所,(政府部门的),,

我是县资产管理文书部的。

Afraid we have a situation with some outstanding parking violations.

afraid: 害怕的,恐惧的  situation: 形势;情况   outstanding: 未偿付的,未解决的【还有“杰出的、地位显著的”之意】  parking: (车辆等的)停放  violation: 违反(行为、事例)

恐怕我们有些未解决的违章停车的问题。

Um, would you rather just go talk outside?

outside: 在外面,向外面   

嗯,你能到外面谈谈么?

Sorry.

对不起。

Uh, this isn't a really good time. Is it important?

嗯,现在不是很方便,很重要么?

-Claire: Look, dad, I just...

听着,爸爸,我只是...

I was thinking about what happened this morning...

think about: 考虑…;捉摸

我在想今早发生的事情...

-Bennet: Uh...

...

Uh, sweetheart, I'm gonna have to call you back.

call back: 回电话

哦,甜心,我待会打给你。

-Alex: Go!

!

-Bennet: We're gonna need a team down here.

这里需要支援。

-Claire: Come on. Come on. Come on. Come on.

快!快!快!快!

 

New Delhi India 

新德里 印度

-Hiro: [in Janpanese]Hello, destiny …

 destiny: 命运;天命;天数

你好啊,命运...

This is it, Ando!

就是这儿了,Ando

The same towers, the same wedding canopy …

tower: ,高楼  wedding: 婚礼  canopy: (宝座或床等上面的)华盖,罩篷

一样的塔,一样的婚礼华盖。

the exact spot from Matt Parkman’s drawing.

exact: 准确的,确切的,精确的  spot: 地点,场所  drawing: 绘画,制图

Matt Parkman画里一样的地方

Now all I need to do is save the bride and stop the wedding.

bride: 新娘  wedding

现在我要拯救那个新娘,阻止婚礼。

-Ando: [in Janpanese]This is crazy.

这很疯狂。

-Hiro: [in Janpanese] If there is one thing I’ve learned it’s when the destiny bell rings you pick it up.

 bell: 钟声,铃声  ring: (使),

我学到的,就是当命运召唤的时候你就接电话。

pick up: 拾起,捡起;抬起

I’m going to check what time the wedding starts.

check: 检查,核对  wedding: 婚礼  start: 开始

那我要去看看婚礼什么时候开始。

So I won’t be late to stop it.

那我阻止它才不晚啊。

-Ando: [in Janpanese]Stop wedding. Can’t make sense.

 make sense: 讲得通,有意义是明智的,是合情合理的

阻止婚礼... 真说不过去。

 

-Ando: Hello.

你好。

Hi. My name is Ando.

嗨,我叫Ando

-Annapura: I'm sorry. I'm Annapura.

我很抱歉,我是Annapura

-Ando: Annapura.

Annapura

-Annapura: Your name is familiar.

 familiar: 熟悉的,通晓的

你名字很熟悉。

Are you a guest of the groom?

guest: 客人,宾客  groom: 新郎

你是新郎的朋友么?

-Ando: No, not exactly.

不。确切来说不是。

Are you okay?

你还好么?

-Annapura: Just a little sad. That's all.

就是有些伤心,没什么。

-Ando: On your wedding day?

在你的大喜日子?

But this is supposed to be the happiest day of your life, isn't it?

be supposed to: 应该,被期望

但这不本该是你人生中最幸福的一天么?

-Annapura: Yes, that's what they say.

嗯,他们是这么说的。

-Ando: Then you must call off the wedding.

 call off: 取消;停止

你必须要取消婚礼。

-Annapura: This is incredible.

 incredible:〈非正〉难以置信的,不可思议的,惊人的【英语里经常用它表示“不可思议的”,作为感叹】

真难以相信!

I've been feeling so lost and confused.

feel: 觉得,认为  so: 那么,非常  lost: 不知所措的,困惑的  confused: 糊涂的,迷乱的

我一直感到空虚,困惑。

I've asked the heavens for a sign telling me whether I should marry or not.

heaven: 上帝,老天爷  sign: 征兆,迹象;符号;信号;暗号  whether: 是否  marry: 结婚,,

我在祈求上苍给我启示告诉我是不是要结婚。

-Ando: A sign.

一个启示。

Uh, yes, a sign.

嗯,是啊,一个启示。

Um...

...

-Hiro: Ando, What are you doing?

你在干什么?!

-Annapura: You are the sign!

你就是那个启示!

You're the one I've been waiting for.

wait for: 等待,等候

你就是那个我要等的人。

-Hiro: Sign. No, no, no, no.

启示,不不不不。

It's not him. It's me.

不是他,是我。

I'm the sign.

我才是启示。

-Annapura: That's it.

是啊。

The wedding is off.

off: (表示否定)不想,不做

婚礼取消了。

 

-Danko: Do we have any response from the White House?

 response: 回答;回音;答复

白宫那边有消息么?

-Nathan: Nothing yet.

 yet: ,,仍然【也可说“Not yet.”】

还没。

-Abby: So these are the bad guys.

这就是那些坏人。

Abby Collins. Homeland security.

homeland: 祖国,家乡  security: 安全

Abby Collins,国土安全局。

-Nathan: Nathan Petrelli. Nice to meet you.

Nathan Petrelli,很高兴见到你。

-Abby: The White House has transferred oversight of your operations to DHS.

 transfer: 转移;迁移; 转让  oversight: 监督,监视;看管  operation: (军事)行动,活动

白宫方面已经把监行动的监督权转让给国土安全局。

I'm here to kick the tires and find out what it is we bought.

kick:   tire: 轮胎  find out: 发现,看穿,揭发

我来调查此事,看能查出什么。

-Danko: Just what we need.

就是我们需要的。

Another bureaucrat.

bureaucrat: 官僚,官僚主义者,官僚作风的人

另一个官僚主义者。

-Nathan: Can I give you a tour?

 tour: 旅行,观光

能让我为你带路么?

I don't know how fully briefed you are on what's happened here for the last few days.

fully: 完全地  briefed: 简单的;短暂的;简洁的;简短的  on: 关于;论述

我不清楚你有多了解最近几天这里发生的事情。

I made it clear that Eagle Rock Prison is woefully inadequate for our needs.

make sth. clear: 说明,阐明  woefully: 悲伤地,不幸地,使人痛苦的,可悲的  inadequate: 不充足的,不适当的 

我已经说得很清楚了,鹰岩监狱很不幸已经不能满足我们的需要。

The reason I've asked for such a large funding increase is to reinforce the facility

ask for: 请求…,要求  funding: 资金;经费  increase: 增加,增大,增多  reinforce: 增强;加强  facility: 设备,设施

我之所以需要如此大的一笔经费是为了加强设施建设。

so I can deal with these prisoners.

deal with: 应付,处理;对待  prisoner: 囚徒; 俘虏

以便让我们有足够的地方关押这些犯人。

-Abby: Right, because they're all magic.

 magic: 魔法的,法术的

对啊,因为他们都有"魔力"

-Nathan: You don't believe any of this, do you?

 believe: 相信

你根本就不相信这些,对吧?

Who put you on this assignment exactly?

assignment: 工作,任务  exactly: 确切地,精确地

到底是谁安排你到这里来的?

-Abby: People close to the president are concerned about his exposure on this.

concern about: 使(自己)关心  exposure: 暴露,显露;揭发,揭露;曝光

总统身边的人很关注他在这件事的曝光度。

Time travelers, mind readers.

traveler: 旅游者  mind: 想法,感觉,思维(方法)   reader: 读者

能穿梭时空的人,会读心的人。

-Nathan: We are dealing with a threat the likes of which this country has never seen before.

threat: 威胁,恐吓

我们面临的很有可能是这个国家有史以来所受到的最大的威胁。

We need better containment.

containment: 控制;抑制

我们需要更有效的控制。

I can barely handle the one detainee I...

barely: 仅仅,只不过,几乎不  handle: 处理,应付,对待  detainee: (尤指因政治原因)被拘留者

现在我们连控制一个囚犯都很困难 ...

-Abby: Are you telling me that you're keeping a prisoner here?

 keep: 留住,挽留;拘留  prisoner: 囚徒; 俘虏

你是说你现在关了一个囚犯在这里?

Without warrant or miranda rights?

without: (表示否定),没有  warrant: 授权证;许可证  miranda rights: 犯罪嫌疑人有保持沉默的权利  right: 权利

没有逮捕证,也没有给他保持沉默的权利?

-Nathan: I'm gonna need to speak with the president directly.

 directly: 直接地,径直地

我需要直接向总统汇报。

-Abby: Yeah, well, that's not gonna happen.

那么,这是不可能的。

I'm your new boss, and I want to see your prisoner, now.

我是你新的上司,我现在就要见你的囚犯。

 

-Luke: This is what I'm talking about.

 talk about: 讨论;谈论

这就是我所说的。

Place like this, worse food, the better.

像这样的地方,吃的越差越好。

-Sylar: Luke.

Luke

You really got to stop trying to be my friend, or I'm gonna have to kill you.

or: 否则,要不然

你真的不能再和我做朋友了,否则我不得不杀了你。

-Luke: Do you like birds?

你喜欢鸟吗?

-Sylar: What?

什么?

-Luke: Well, now, I'm just wondering if it's genetic.

 wonder: 想知道;问自己  genetic: 遗传()

没什么,我只是想知道这是不是遗传。

I mean, your dad, he's way into birding.

into(表示对象)撞上, 渗进, 非常喜欢

我是说,你爸爸特别喜欢观鸟。

I went with him sometimes.

我以前有时和他一起出去。

He'd come get me up about 4:00 A.M.and we'd be out walking a trail by dawn.

get up: (使)起床  trail: 小径  by: 时候  dawn: 黎明,拂晓

他早上四点就把我叫醒,然后我们黎明之际就已经走在小路上了。

We'd see goldfinch and cormorants, woodcocks.

goldfinch: 金翅雀  cormorant: 鸬鹚  woodcock: 鸟鹬

我们可以看到金丝雀,鸬鹚,还有鸟鹬。

He'd always be pulling this old, rusty wagon behind him, carrying all his bird books.

pull: ,,  rusty: 生锈的  wagon: 四轮的运货马车carry: 运送,搬运;携带,具有,包含

他总是拉着他那个锈迹斑斑的旧马车,里面装着他所有关于鸟的书籍

-Sylar: Red wagon?

红色马车?

-Luke: Yeah, it had these... it had these big, big rubber wheels.

 rubber: (合成)橡胶  wheel: 轮子,车轮,机轮

是啊,那个有... 那个还有大大的橡胶轮子。

-Sylar: He used to pull me in that wagon.

used to do sth.: 过去常常做…

他以前常常用那个车拉着我。

I remember laying in a red wagon...

lay: , [lie的过去分词]

我还记得躺在那个红色马车里...

All wrapped up in blankets.

wrap up: 包裹,包扎  blanket: 毛毯,毯子

被毯子裹得严严实实的。

It was still dark and the silhouettes of the tree branches...

silhouette: 轮廓  branch: 树枝,枝条

外面很黑还有那些斑驳的树影...

I remember thinking they looked like... snake fingers.

remember: 记得;牢记  look like: 看起来与(某人或某物)相像(相似)  snake:   finger: 手指

我还记得当时我觉得那些像是...蛇的手指一样

-Luke: He sold you for money, you know.

你知道么,他把你卖钱了。

Told me once he had a little boy a long time ago, but he needed cash, so he sold him.

once: 曾经,昔时  cash: 钱,现款

他告诉我很久以前他有个小男孩,但是他需要钱,所以他就把孩子卖了。

-Sylar: What kind of man sells his own son?

 what kind of: 什么种类;那一种  own: 属于自己的

他是个什么样的人,竟然卖自己的孩子?

Why would he even tell you something like that?

他为什么连这种事都告诉你?

-Luke: Maybe I reminded him of you.

 remind sb. of sth.: 使某人想起某人/某物

也许我让他想起你了。

 

-Abby: Oh, my god.

,我的天。

-Nathan: I know. It looks harsh.

 harsh: 严厉的,严酷的

我知道,这看起来很残忍。

We tried insulated gloves, but she shattered right through them.

insulated: 绝缘的;隔热的  glove: 手套  shatter: 砸碎,粉碎  right: 彻底地;完全地  through: 通过,穿过,经过

我们尝试过绝缘手套,但她把手套弄得支离破碎。

The constant heat is to ensure... 

constant: 不断的,连续发生的  heat: 高温,炎热  ensure: 确保,担保

这种不间断的供热是为了...

-Tracy: Abby.

Abby

-Abby: This is Tracy Strauss.

她是Tracy Strauss

-Nathan: You know her.

你认识她。

-Abby: She used to lobby for a defense contractor.

 lobby for: 疏通,游说当权者批准(采取)…;试图通过游说(疏通活动)获得 lobby: 进行游说[疏通]【还有“前厅,议会休息室”之意】  defense: 国防部,防卫,防卫物   contractor: (建筑、监造中的)承包人

她以前是为一个军火承包商工作的。

-Tracy: Abby, they won't let me out of here.

 let sb. out: 使出来,放出;使(某人)得到解()

Abby,他们不会让我出去的。

You have to do something.

你一定要救救我。

-Abby: What is this insanity?

 insanity: 精神错乱,疯狂,愚顽

这太疯狂了?

-Nathan: This woman is extremely dangerous.

 extremely: 极端;极其;非常  dangerous: 有危险的,危险的

这个女人十分危险。

-Tracy: Abby, he's lying. You know me.

Abby,他在说谎,你了解我.

-Abby: This woman is Tracy Strauss, and you have her shackled to a chair.

shackle: (某人)带上手铐或脚镣;手铐,脚镣,镣铐

这个女人是Tracy Strauss,而你却把她绑在这个椅子上。

-Nathan: That's why we need better funding.

 funding: 资金;经费 better: 较好的,更好的【此处作“更多的”解】

这就是为什么我们需要更多资金。

-Abby: Funding?

资金?

I am shutting this operation down today, and then I'm going to the A.G.'s office

shut down: 完全关闭  operation: 操作,运转,经营 A.G.=Attorney General  司法部长

我现在要关掉这个装置,然后我将回总部办公室

and I'm filing human rights violations against you, senator.

file: 提交(申请等),呈递  human rights violation: 侵犯人权  violation: 违反,冒犯,侵害

against: 反对,反抗  senator: 参议员

报告你践踏人权,参议员先生。

This is torture. You're through.

torture: 拷问,折磨   through: 做完,完成;结束

这就是酷刑,你完蛋了。

-Tracy: Abby. Abby

Abby!Abby!

 

-Alex: I can't believe it.

真是难以置信。

They're just locking people up?

lock up: 锁住〔关押〕

他们就这么把人铐起来?

-Claire: Believe it. It's happening.

由不得你不信,事实摆在眼前。

Somebody sent me to warn you.

warn: 警告,提醒;告诫;预先通知,预告

有人派我来警告你。

You must be on a list or something.

list: 目录,名单,清单

你肯定是在名单上或其他什么

-Alex: A list? Why is he after me?

 after: (表示目标)追求,追寻

名单? 他为什么要抓我?

-Claire: Do you have a power?

你有超能力吗?

Like a special ability or something?

special: 特殊的,特别的  ability: 能力;力量

比如说什么特殊的能力?

-Alex: I can breathe underwater.

 breathe: 呼吸  underwater: 水面下的;水下使用的;水下进行的

我可以在水下呼吸。

-Claire: You mean like...

你是说像...

-Alex: Like a fish. Yeah.

像条鱼,没错。

I was on the swim team in high school.

我在中学的时候是游泳队的。

One day, I noticed I just didn't have to come up for air anymore.

notice: 注意come up: 上来;走近  not anymore: 不再

有一天,我发现我不再需要浮起来换气了。

Never told anyone.

我从没告诉过任何人。

I didn't know there were others.

我不知道,有没有其他人也能这样。

You think I'd be proud of it or something, but...

be proud of: 自豪,高兴

你可能觉得我会为此感到自豪 可是...

Instead, I just... feel like a...

instead: 代替;顶替;......   feel like: 有…的感觉

相反,我却...感觉自己像一个...

-Claire: Like a freak?

 freak: 畸形生物;怪物

像个怪物?

Look, don't go home.

听着,不要回家。

Don't use your credit cards or your cell phone.

credit card: 信用卡,签账卡

也不要用你的信用卡或者手机。

If he can find you at work, he can find you anywhere.

如果他们能在你工作的地方找到你,他们就能在任何地方找到你。

-Alex: What am I gonna do?

那我该怎么办?

-Claire: I don't know. We'll figure something out.

 figure out: 计算出;解决

我不知道,我们总能想出办法。

-Alex: What?

怎么了?

-Claire: That car that drove past.

 drive: 驾驶  past: 旁边过去,通过

那辆刚开过去的车。

Second time it went by.

go by: 走过,过去

这是第二次经过那里。

Is this car registered under your name?

register: 记录;登记;注册  under one’s name: ……名字

这辆车是注册在你名下的吗?

Get out.

get out: 从车上下来

下车。

-Man: Car's still warm.

 warm: 暖和的,温暖的

引擎还是热的。

-Claire: Believe me now?

现在相信我的吧?

Let's go.

我们走吧。

 

-Annapura: The house specialties...

 specialty: 特产,特有的产品;特制品;特级产品

本店的特色小吃...

-Ando: So this is your place?

这是你开的餐馆?

-Annapura: With Shyla.

Shyla合伙开的。

Yes.

没错。

We open two years ago.

我们是两年前开业的。

Against my grandfather's wishes.

against: 方向相反,逆着,迎着,顶着  wish: 希望,盼望,愿望

违背了我祖父的意愿。

-Ando: Your grandfather?

你的祖父?

-Annapura: He believes in tradition.

believe in: 信奉, 信仰  tradition: 传统

他很传统。

Thinks women should be at home raising the children.

raise: 抚养;饲养

他觉得女人就应该在家带孩子。

That's why he arranged my marriage to Deepak.

arrange: 安排;准备  marriage: 婚礼;结婚

所以他安排我嫁给Deepak

-Ando: But you don't love Deepak.

但是你不爱Deepak

-Annapura: He is a powerful and dangerous man above the law.

above: (表示等级)之上,高于  law: ,法律,法规

他是一个很有权力也很危险的人,无视法律。

My grandfather was too frightened to deny his request to marry.

too … to do sth: 太……而不能做某事  deny: 拒绝  request: 要求,请求  marry: (使)结婚,,

我祖父很害怕他所以不敢拒绝他的提亲。

You must be hungry, my hero.

hungry: 饥饿的

我的英雄,你一定很饿。

Let me bring you more.

我再去给你拿多点吃的。

 

-Ando: [in Japanese] What’s the matter with you?

 what’s the matter: 出了什么事

你怎么了?

-Hiro: [in Japanese]We came all this way.

all this way: 这样;大老远

我们这么大老远的来。

 And you stole my chance to get my powers back!

 steal:   chance: 机会;时机  get back: 找回,取回

你却抢走了我得回我能力的机会!

-Ando: [in Japanese] I only stop the wedding, like the drawing said.

drawing: 图样

我只是照图上说的 阻止了婚礼

-Hiro: [in Japanese]The drawing wanted me to stop the wedding.

图上画的,是我去阻止婚礼!

-Ando: [in Japanese] Hiro, I have powers now.

Hiro,我现在有能力了。

 I saw a way to help that girl, so I did!

我知道怎么帮助那个女孩 所以我就那么做了!

-Hiro: [in Japanese]But you are wrong!

但你这么做是错的!

-Ando: [in Japanese]No, I did it my way.

不,我只是照我的方法做了。

 And what really bothers you is that I have powers, and you don’t.

 bother: 烦扰,搅扰,使恼怒

而真正让你不忿的是我有能力,而你没有!

 You can’t stand the fact that now you are my sidekick!

 stand: 忍耐;忍受;经得起,受得起  fact: 事实,真相  sidekick: 伙伴,插袋

你接受不了只当我的助手!

 

-Woman: Deepak. The groom.

 groom: 新郎

他就是新郎Deepak

-Hiro: Go on, “Hero.” Save the day.

save the day:反败为胜; 转危为安

去啊 "英雄",挽救大局。

-Ando: Excuse me.

抱歉。

Is everything okay in here?

你们没什么事吧?

-Deepak: Who the hell is this?

这人是谁?

-Annapura: Ando. He is my friend.

他是Ando,是我的朋友。

-Deepak: I see.

我知道了。

So you canceled the wedding because of him?

cancel: 取消,废除  because of: 因为,由于

你就是因为他才取消婚礼?

-Ando: No, no, sorry, you're mistaken.

 mistake: 弄错;误解

不是,不,对不起你误会了。

I am just a guest. Sir!

guest: 客人,宾客

先生,我只是一个客人!

Calm down, sir. 

calm down: (使)平静下来

冷静一点,先生。 

-Annapura: No!

不要!

-Ando: Put the pot...

把锅...

-Hiro: Ando!

Ando!

-Annapura: Deepak hit him with this.

 hit: ,打击

Deepak用这个打了他。

Ando collapsed.

collapse: (健康、精神等)衰退,消沉,颓丧,垮下

Ando昏倒了。

-Hiro: And then?

然后呢?

-Annapura: Deepak carried him off.

 carry off: 抢走;窃走

Deepak把他带走了。

-Hiro: Ando.

Ando

 

-Bennet: We found his car.

我们发现了他的车。

He abandoned it about a half a mile away.

abandon: 遗弃,抛弃;离弃,丢弃  away: 远处,离开

扔在了半英里外的地方。

-Danko: Yeah, for a local kid, he's pretty good at this.

 local: 地方性的,当地的,本地的  pretty: 相当;  be good at: 擅长

是啊,作为一个本地的小孩,他真的很聪明。