看 Heroes 学英语第三季 17集 Chapter Four 'Cold Wars'
-Mohinder: I don't like this, Matt.
我可不喜欢这样,Matt。
-Matt: Oh, you got any better ideas?
哦,那你有更好的注意么?
-Mohinder: It's a huge risk being out in the open.
huge: 巨大的 risk: 风险
那对外界是一个巨大的危险。
We should be laying low.
lay low: 保持低调,隐姓埋名
我们应该保持低调的。
-Matt: And what? What? Run forever?
forever: 永远
然后呢? 又怎样? 一直逃么?
-Mohinder: I don't know.
我不知道。
-Matt: Yeah, that's my point.
point: 要点
是啊,那就是我的观点。
We're being hunted, and we have no idea by who.
hunt: 追捕 have no idea: 不知道
我们被追杀,但却不知道是谁。
How, why?
怎么个方法,为什么?
-Matt: Noah Bennet has all the answers we're looking for.
look for: 寻找
Noah Bennet有我们要找的所有答案。
Hey, did you get it?
嘿,你拿到了么?
-Peter: yeah. Amobarbital.
Amobarbital: 戊巴比妥(镇静剂原料)
嗯。镇静剂。
One dose of this, he's knocked out cold.
knocked out: 喝醉的
只要一剂量,他就会昏迷。
-Matt: What? What's wrong?
什么? 怎么了?
-Peter: Can't you just read his mind? Get what we need that way?
你就不能直接读他的想法么? 得到我们需要的?
-Matt: No, we've been over this.
不,我们不能这样。
Noah is too well trained, and he's never off his guard.
trained: 训练过的 guard : 保卫
Noah是训练有素的,他绝不会放松警惕。
Guys, look, I was a cop. You're a scientist, a nurse.
scientist: 科学家 nurse: 护士
各位,听着,我是个警察。你们是科学家,护士。
We did nothing wrong, and they turned us into fugitives.
fugitives: 逃犯
我们没做错事,但他们把我们变成了逃犯。
-Mohinder: Yeah, but drugging and kidnapping people?
kidnap: 绑架
是啊,但是要给人下药,绑架别人么?
-Peter: I don't like it either, but this way gives us answers.
answers: 答案
我也不想这样,但这样我们会得到答案。
-Matt: Yeah, straight-up interrogation isn't going to work.
straight-up: 直接的 interrogation: 审讯,审问
是啊,但是直接审讯不会有用的。
Not with Bennet.
至少对Bennet没用。
We'll need to get creative.
creative: 创造性的
我们得有创造力点。
-Waitree: Staying at the hotel?
但在酒店么?
-Bennet: Yeah.
是啊。
Just for a little while.
就一会儿。
I'm actually looking for an apartment in town.
apartment: 公寓
实际上我在找镇上的公寓。
You know anything?
你有什么信息么?
-Waitree: Uh, no.
哦,没有。
-Waitree: Welcome to Costa Verde.
欢迎来到Costa Verde。
-Matt: Looks like our friend here had about three too many.
look like: 看起来
look like: 看起来
看起来我们这的朋友有3个多啊。
-Peter: Don't worry, we'll get him home safe.
别担心,我们会把他安全送回家的。
-Matt: Well? It's working.
嗯?起效了。
It's working.
起效了。
-Bennet: Ten people died last night in Ohio
昨晚,在俄亥俄州一栋房子自发性着火。
When a house spontaneously caught on fire.
spontaneously: 自然地,自发地,不由自主地 catch on fire: 着火
有一座房子被大火吞噬。
I'm thinking we should investigate
investigate: 调查
我觉得我们应该。
Sooner rather than later.
早点调查比较好。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: It's over, Noah. It's all over.
都结束了,Noah,都结束了。
-Bennet: Primatech may have burned to the ground,
burn to the ground: 烧毁
Primatech造纸厂都被烧掉了。
But that doesn't change anything.
但什么都没改变。
We have a lot of work to do.
我们有很多事情要做。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: Primatech should have been shut down a long time ago.
Primatech造纸厂很久之前就该关了。
The company had a good run, but its time has passed.
company: 公司
这公司经营得很好,但是属于它的时代过了。
-Bennet: No, we got the job done.
不,我们完成了。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: Yes, you certainly did. And I appreciate it.
appreciate: 感激
是啊,你做到了。而且我也很感激。
-Bennet: What is this?
这是什么?
-Mrs.. Petrelli: For your years of service.
service: 服务,效劳
给你这几年的努力。
Pension, severance.
退休金,遣散费。
And this is from me.
然后这是我给你的。
-Bennet: Why are you doing this?
你为什么要这么做?
-Mrs.. Petrelli: Bag and tag. One of us, one of them.
tag: 标签
包装和标签,一个是我们的人,一个是他们的人。
It's an antiquated system
antiquated: 陈旧的
这是一个陈旧的体制。
Desperately trying to remain relevant.
desperately: 拼命的 remain: 维持 relevant: 相关的
拼命地维持。
-Bennet: So we adapt and we get it right.
adapt: 采用
所以我们采用了,然后纠正它。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: I don't think we can. I don't think we should.
我不认为我们能,也不认为我们应该。
I am tired, Noah.
我很累了,Noah。
I have told so many lies.
lies: 谎言
我已经撒了很多谎了。
Maybe it's not to late to cobble my family back together.
cobble: 鹅卵石【此处指团圆】
或许现在要我们全家团聚还不晚。
It's a good thing. You get to go home to Claire.
那是好事。你回家,到Claire身边。
This is everything you've ever fought for,
fight for sth.: 为某事奋斗
这是你一直奋斗的事情啊。
And you've won.
你争取到了。
-Bennet: This is all I've ever known.
我一直都很清楚。
What am I supposed to do now?
be supposed to: 应该
那我现在应该做什么?
-Mrs.. Petrelli: Take care of Claire.
照顾好Claire。
Take care of yourself.
照顾好你自己。
-Matt: All right, so I'm going to be able to get to these memories
memory: 记忆
好了,所以我能找到那些。
That we're looking for.
我们想要的记忆了。
I'm going to find out exactly how this whole thing happened,
exactly: 准确地
我要找到谁是这整个事件。
Who's behind it, how they work.
的幕后主使,是怎样运作的。
We're going to find out how to stop hiding
我们得找出怎么不继续躲的方法。
And start fighting back.
fight back: 反击
而且开始反击。
-Mohinder: And how far are you willing to push?
push: 推 push far: 运作
你们还要运作到什么时候?
-Matt: As far as I need to.
我想要知道的一切。
-Nathan: This better be good.
这样最好。
Face time at state dinners is hard to come by.
come by: 得到,获得 dinner: 晚宴
要在国宴上见面的机会可是很难的啊。
You heard from Bennet?
hear from sb: 得到某人的消息
有Bennet的消息么?
-Nathan: No, why?
没有,为什么?
He's off the grid going on three hours.
他离开控制范围已经快3个小时了。
Standard orders are to check in after duty.
check: 检查
值班后本应该要去登记的。
He didn't.
但他没有。
-Nathan: How 'bout Claire, she okay?
Claire怎么样了,还好么?
Yes, your daughter's fine.
是的,你女儿很好。
I want every inch of surveillance on Noah Bennet.
every inch : 在各方面 inch: 英寸 surveillance: 监视
我要密切监视Noah Bennet。
Everywhere he's been, everywhere he might go.
他去过的地方,他可能去的地方。
-Nathan: You're spying on your own men?
spy: 侦查
你要监视自己人?
Nobody's above scrutiny, myself included.
scrutiny: 详细的检查 include: 包括
没有人能不受监视,我也一样。
You and Bennet are both compromised.
compromised: 妥协
你和Bennet都深陷其中。
-Nathan: What's that supposed to mean?
be supposed to: 应该(据说,被期望,获准)
那什么意思?
Your brother Peter, your daughter Claire.
你弟弟Peter,你女儿Claire。
-Nathan: Peter gets treated like everyone else.
treat: 对待,招待
Peter被像和一般人一样对待啊。
Yeah, and Claire gets a free pass.
free pass: 通行证
是啊,Claire也得了"通行证"。
That makes both yours and Bennet's choices tarnished.
tarnish: 沾污 choices: 选择
这让你和Bennet的选择都被破坏了。
-Nathan: Are you spying on me?
spy on: 暗中监视
你在调查我?
You barely touched your prime rib.
prime:首要的 rib: 肋骨
你很少碰触自己的软肋啊。
-Matt: Everything okay out there?
外面一切都好么?
-Peter: Yeah.
是的。
-Peter: Still feels like we're sitting ducks in here, come on.
sitting ducks: 易被击中的目标
还是觉得我们是躲在这儿的,快点。
-Matt: You can't rush an interrogation.
rush:仓促完成 interrogation: 审问
你不能着急审问。
-Mohinder: This isn't an interrogation, it's torture.
torture: 拷问
这不是审问,这是折磨。
-Mohinder: You're straining his entire system.
strain: 过度使用,拉紧,使不堪重负 system: 系统
你在损坏他的整个系统。
-Matt: What, do you think I'm hurting him on purpose?
on purpose: 故意的
什么,你认为我是在故意伤害他?
-Mohinder: I think you have a personal vendetta, yeah.
personal : 个人的 vendetta: 积怨
我认为你在公报私仇,是啊。
-Matt: I don't think you know what the hell you're talking about.
我不知道你是不是他妈的清楚你在说什么。
-Mohinder: They killed Daphne, Matt.
他们杀了Daphne Matt。
-Matt: Daphne...
Daphne......
-Matt: This isn't about Daphne.
这和Daphne无关。
-Matt: This is about me helping everybody.
这是我在帮每个人。
-Mohinder: Well, you're not helping him.
好吧,你就没有在帮他。
-Matt: He has done much worse to me.
他对我做了更糟的事情。
-Mohinder: You're better than him, Matt. That's my point.
你比他好多了,Matt,这是我的观点。
-Peter: No, the point is, he's in pain.
pain: 痛苦
不,重点是,他很痛苦。
-Peter: Does he have to be?
他需要这样么?
-Matt: Look, the drugs are...
drugs: 药
听着,这些药......
-Matt: It's not going to be comfortable. I'm digging through his brain... to find a memory.
digging: 挖掘 brain: 大脑 memory: 记忆
不会很舒服,我正在检索他的大脑...... 找到记忆。
-Mohinder: Can we really trust this?
我们能真的相信这个么?
-Mohinder: I mean, who knows what information's been tainted by time and perception?
tainted: 败坏 perception: 知觉,看法
我想说,我知道信息会不会被时间和感觉所改变?
-Matt: We know nothing... he knows everything that we need to know.
我们什么都不知道... 他知道我们想要的一切。
-Peter: He's right.
他是对的。
-Matt: Do I have your permission to go back in now?
permission: 允许
现在你允许我继续了么?
-Matt: Let's find out how this whole thing began.
whole: 整个的
我们找到这整件事是怎么开始的。
-Mrs. Bennet: Need any help?
需要帮忙么?
-Bennet: Um, four letter word... "thin man dog."
嗯,4个字的词... “瘦的,男人,狗”
-Mrs. Bennet: Asta.
Asta。
-Bennet: Asta。
Asta。
-Mrs. Bennet: I'm going to go get changed.
change: 换衣服
我准备去换衣服。
-Mrs. Bennet: If you're going to shower, you should go.
shower: 淋浴
如果你要洗澡,就快去。
-Mrs. Bennet: We have dinner in an hour with the Pierots.
我们一小时后要和Pierot一家吃饭。
-Bennet: Who?
谁?
-Mrs. Bennet: Jenny and Ken?
Jenny和Ken?
-Mrs.. Bennet: We're on the PTA with them at Lyle's school... they're nice.
我们在Lyle学校的家长会上见过 ......他们人不错。
-Bennet: Oh, right.
哦,好吧。
-Mrs. Bennet: You didn't make any other plans, did you?
你没有其它事要做吧,是吗?
-Bennet: No, no. Sounds great.
没,没有。听起来不错。
-Mrs. Bennet: It's nice to have you around.
有你在身边真好。
-Nathan: Noah.
Noah。
-Bennet: Nathan.
Nathan。
-Bennet: Claire's, uh... I have no idea, actually. At the mall, maybe.
actually: 事实上
Claire在,呃... 事实上我不知道她在哪,或许在商场里。
-Nathan: she's at the library.
library: 图书馆
她在图书馆。
-Nathan: Secret service thing.
secret service: 特工部门,特务机关
特勤部的事。
-Bennet: Ah, of course.
啊,当然。
-Nathan: I didn't want her to see me here.
我不想让她看到我在这儿。
-Nathan: I wanted to talk to you alone.
alone: 单独的
我想跟你单独谈谈。
-Nathan: You have a... a minute?
你有... 有时间吗?
-Bennet: Yeah, yeah, sure. Come on in.
是啊,当然,进来吧。
-Bennet: What's going on?
这是怎么回事?
-Nathan: I've set some things in motion.
motion: 动作,行动
我已经开始采取一些行动了。
-Bennet: Things...
行动...
-Nathan: everything's going to change, and I just want you to know Claire's going to be safe.
一切都变了,我只是要你知道,Claire会安全的。
-Bennet: What do you mean "safe"?
你说的“安全”是指?
-Bennet: What have you done?
你做了什么?
-Nathan: You know, I got into politics so I could... help people, make the big impact.
politics: 政治活动 impact: 作用
我涉足政坛,因此我能够... 帮助别人,造成大的影响。
-Bennet: what have you done?
你做了什么?
-Nathan: I'm certain that you involved yourself with the company for the same reason.
involved with: 与…有关 certain: 肯定
我确信你加入公司,也是同样的原因。
-Nathan: You sensed there was a need.
sensed: 感觉
你察觉到一种使命感。
-Nathan: Well, that need still exists.
still: 仍然 exist: 存在
那个使命依然存在。
-Nathan: People with abilities are a threat.
ability: 能力 threat: 威胁,恐吓
有超能力的人是种威胁。
-Bennet: Primatech is closed.
Primatech造纸厂倒闭了。
-Nathan: Primatech?!
Primatech?!
-Nathan: With all due respect, Primatech never did the job that was required of them.
due: 适宜的 respect: 尊重 require: 要求
尽管对它很尊敬,Primatech造纸厂从未做他们所需要做的工作。
-Bennet: Then you have the solution.
solution: 解决
那你有解决的办法。
-Nathan: The United States Government has the resources and the authority to contain this problem.
authority : 官方 contain: 包含;克制 resources: 资源
美国政府有资源和专家来解决这个问题。
-Bennet: Wait a minute, what are you talking about here, rounding people up?
round up: 围捕
等等,你现在说什么啊,把人抓起来?
-Nathan: For starters, yeah.
starter: 启动,起步,开始
开始时,是这样。
-Nathan: Incarceration's the only way to make sure everybody's safe.
incarceration: 钳闭
监禁是让每个人都平安的唯一方法。
-Bennet: Everybody. Yourself included.
每个人,包括你自己。
-Nathan: Certain exceptions need to be made.
exception: 例外
当然有些例外还是需要的。
-Bennet: Is Claire an exception?
exception: 例外
Claire是例外吗?
-Nathan: She could be. But I need your help.
她可能是,但我需要你的帮助。
-Bennet: What do you plan to do once you have everybody?
你把每个人都抓起来后打算做什么呢?
-Nathan: We find an answer.
我们要找到答案。
-Nathan: Get the best team of scientists, and we find a way to eliminate these abilities forever.
eliminate: 消除 ability: 能力
组建最棒的科学家团队,找到一种永远消除这些超能力的方法。
-Bennet: And if that's not possible?
如果不可能找到呢?
-Nathan: I refuse to accept that.
refuse to: 拒绝 accept: 接受
我不会接受的。
-Nathan: My abilities were given to me. They can be taken away.
我的能力是给我的,它们可以被拿走。
-Bennet: You know you're going to be seen as a villain.
villain: 恶棍
你会被视为一个恶棍的。
-Bennet: Locking people away.
lock away: 囚禁
把人们关起来。
-Nathan: I'll play whatever role I need to.
role: 角色
我会扮演任何需要的角色。
-Bennet: Claire will never look at you the same way again.
Claire再也不会用同样的眼光看你了。
-Nathan: Claire never needs to know.
Claire不需要知道。
-Bennet: But she will.
但她会知道的。
-Bennet: They all will. And they will blame you.
blame: 责怪
他们都会知道的,之后他们会怪罪于你。
-Bennet: They won't understand.
他们不会理解的。
-Nathan: I have gone so far off the rails with this, so far around the bend... I nearly killed my own brother.
off the rails: 出轨的 nearly: 几乎
这条路我已经走的太远了,现在在岔路口上...我几乎杀死了自己的兄弟。
-Nathan: And I just want a chance to make things right.
make things right: 改正错误,让事情变得井井有条
我仅仅是要一个机会,让一切回复正常。
-Bennet: What do you want from me?
你想要我做什么?
-Nathan: You spent 20 years tracking these people.
tracking: 跟踪
你花了20年追踪这些人。
-Nathan: I want to know how you did it.
我想知道你是如何做的。
-Nathan: What is all this stuff?
stuff: 东西
这些东西是什么?
-Bennet: This is the last 20 years of my life.
这是我过去20年的生活。
-Nathan: And you kept it.
你把它留下来了。
-Bennet: It's hard to throw this stuff away.
很难把这些东西扔掉。
-Nathan: Noah, I am the U.S. Government.
Noah,我代表美国政府。
We have loads of... weapons and... stuff.
loads of: 大量 weapon: 武器
我们有很多... 武器... 还有类似的。
-Bennet: I realize you don't need weapons.
realize: 了解
我知道你不需要武器。
-Bennet: But you need perspective.
perspective: 透视
但你需要洞悉世事。
-Bennet: And you need to control information.
control: 控制 information: 情报
你还需要控制情报。
-Bennet: In 30 seconds, you undid a secret that we've kept for over 30 years.
undo: 解开
半分钟内,你解开了,我们保存了超过30年的秘密。
-Nathan: I can't un-ring that bell.
我不能不敲那个警钟。
-Bennet: I know you can't.
我知道你不能。
-Nathan: Okay.
好吧。
-Bennet: look, I joined the company for a reason.
for reason: 因为…理由
听着,我加入公司只有一个原因。
And that reason doesn't disappear just because your mother decides to turn off he lights.
Disappear:(使)消失 decide: 十年 turn off: 关闭
那原因并没有消失,因为你母亲决定关掉公司而消失。
-Nathan: I thought you'd enjoy the extra time with your family.
extra: 特别的
我原以为你很享受和你家人在一起的时光。
-Bennet: There's only so many crossword puzzles I can do.
crossword puzzles: 填字游戏 puzzle: 拼图
那样我只能做些无穷无尽的填字游戏。
-Matt: He planned it all... with Nathan.
他和... Nathan一起计划了这些。
They did it together.
他们一起做的。
Did you hear what I just said? Your brother is to blame for all of it.
blame for: 责怪
你听到我刚说的了吗? 你哥哥应该对此负责。
-Peter: Yeah, I know.
是的,我知道。
-Matt: So?
因此?
-Peter: So?
因此?
So what?
那又怎么样呢?
I tried to stop him. It didn't happen.
我试着阻止他,但没有用。
-Matt: O-Okay, but what are we going to do, nothing?
那好,我们要怎么做呢,什么都不做?
-Mohinder: Well, we can't do anything from memories, can we?
memory: 记忆
我们不能根据回忆做什么,是吗?
-Matt: I've never done this before. It's not an exact science.
exact :精确的 science: 科学
我以前从未这样做过,这不是精确的科学。
-Mohinder: It's not science at all, Matt!
这根本不是科学,Matt!
-Matt: If you want to go, just go!
如果你想走,走好了。
-Mohinder: That's not what I'm saying.
这不是我要说的。
-Matt: But it's what you're thinking, huh?
但你是这么想的,不是吗?
You think you deserve this, to be hunted, after all that you've done.
deserve: 值得
在你所做的一切之后,你觉得被追捕是你应得的。
-Mohinder: You're reading my mind?
你是在读我的思想吗?
-Matt: I don't have to read your mind!
我不需要读你的思想!
You're an open book.
你就像一本打开的书。
Look, you want to get caught? Fine, turn yourself in.
turn yourself in: 自首
听着,你想被抓? 好啊,自首去啊。
But we're not lugging your baggage.
lug sb's baggage: 拖某人后腿 lug: 用力拉 baggage: 包袱,行李
我们不会拖你后腿的。
-Matt: I could say that same thing about you!
我可以对你说同样的话!
I told you this is not about Daphne!
我告诉过你这不是因为Daphne!
-Peter: Stop! Both you!
你俩都给我住口!
We're supposed to be on the same side.
be supposed to: 应该
我们应该是一个阵营的。
-Matt: You don't think what I'm getting here is real, huh?
你认为我得到的是假的,啊?
Fine. Fine.
好啊,好啊。
Storage unit combination lock.
storage: 储存,保存 unit: 单元,单位 combination: 组合
存储单元组合锁。
In here... it is filled with things we need.
在这里... 这儿装满了我们所需要的。
Guns, money. Go.
枪,钱,去啊。
Go!
去啊!
-Peter: I'll go.
我去。
Try not to kill one another.
你俩尽量不要杀死对方。
-Peter: Jackpot.
jackpot: 头奖
中奖了。
-Man: Sir, I think I have something.
长官,我想我发现什么了。
-Danko: Where?
在哪?
Gotcha.
gotcha= got you
抓到你了。
Where is he?
他在哪?
-Man: Costa Verde, breaking into Bennet's storage facility.
break in to: 闯入 facility: 设施
Costa Verde,闯进了Bennet的储存设施。
-Nathan: Is it a live feed?
live feed: 实地报道 live: 现场的
这是现场情况吗?
-Danko: Yeah.
是的。
We've got a local team on the move to apprehend him.
local: 当地的 apprehend: 逮捕;理解
我们有个地方小组去抓捕他了。
-Nathan: How does he know about Bennet's storage facility?
storage: 贮藏 facility: 设施
他是怎么知道Bennet的储存设施的呢?
They working together?
他们一起的吗?
-Danko: I'm reserving judgment.
reserve: 保留,保存 judgment: 判断
我保留意见。
We're in position now.
position: 位置
我们就位了。
-Nathan: I want him caught.
我要抓活的。
-Danko: He's in a room stocked full of guns.
stock: 存货
他在一个摆满枪的房间里。
-Nathan: Am I clear?
我说的不清楚吗?
-Danko: You're risking your own men's lives.
risk: 冒险
你在拿自己的弟兄冒险。
-Nathan: I want Peter caught. No bloodshed.
bloodshed: 人员伤亡,流血事件
我要Peter活着,不要见血。
-Danko: You gentlemen hear that?
弟兄们听到了吗?
Tasers on stun.
stun: 击晕
泰瑟枪准备好。
-Interphone: Yes, sir.
是的,长官。
-Man: We lost visual.
visual: 视觉的
画面没了。
-Danko: Go, now!
上,就现在!
-Mohinder: Peter should have been back by now.
Peter现在应该回来了。
-Matt: Yeah, just, uh... Just give him some more time.
是的,只是,呃... 只是再给他一点时间。
-Bennet: I'll tell you why peter isn't here.
让我告诉你为什么Peter还没回来。
He's been captured or killed.
capture: 俘获
他被抓了或者是被干掉了。
-Matt: Shut him up.
shut up: 闭嘴
让他闭嘴。
I never checked in.
check in: 登记;进去
我从未进去过。
-Bennet: They'll be looking for me by now.
他们马上就会找到我。
-Matt: Come on, do it!
快,开始!
-Bennet: Mohinder knows I'm right.
Mohinder知道我是对了。
My storage unit is under surveillance.
surveillance: 监视
我那囚禁人的地方已经被监视。
You sent Peter right where they wanted him.
你们让Peter去,正中他们下怀。
-Matt: You'd say anything to get the hell out of here.
hell: 地狱
你为了想逃出这,想尽办法耍花招。
-Bennet: It doesn't mean I'm lying.
lie: 说谎
那不代表我在撒谎。
You know me well enough to know that's true.
你知道我在想什么,你应该知道那是真话。
-Mohinder: Matt, we should go.
Matt,我们得离开这。
He's right.
他是对的。
-Bennet: Your only hope is to let me go, and escape while you can, Matt.
escape: 逃跑
你们唯一的希望就是让我走,然后尽快逃跑,Matt。
-Matt: Wait a second. We're not finished.
等一下,有问题。
You said... you said you... you check in... with who?
check: 检查
你说... 你说你... 登记... 向谁登记?
Who else are you working with? Show me.
你还有哪些同党? 告诉我。
-Bennet: I am not letting you in my head.
我不会让你再侵入我头脑的。
-Matt: You can't stop me.
你是阻止不了我的。
Who is it? Come on, who is it?!
它是谁? 快说,是谁? !
-Bennet: Welcome to building 26.
欢迎来到第26大楼。
I see the government spares no penny.
spare: 不吝啬(金钱,时间),大量花费 penny: 一便士
看来政府花了不少钱嘛。
-Nathan: Not on equipment, not on personnel.
equipment: 设备 personnel: 个人,这里指员工
不是用在设备方面,也不是用在员工身上。
We are building an elite team.
elite: 上层集团,社会精英
我们在建立一支精英队伍。
-Bennet: Well, I'm glad to be part of it.
很高兴能成为当中的一份子。
Now, there are a few ground rules that I would like to implement.
ground rule: 基本规则 implement: 执行
有一些基本规则我希望能继续贯彻。
Primatech had a system.
Primatech有一个体制。
One of us, one of them.
一个是我们的人,一个是它们的人。
-Danko: Working alongside people with abilities.
alongside: 在…边
与有超能力的人一起合作。
-Bennet: It helps to even the odds.
odds: 机会
那有助于取长补短。
-Danko: Yes, I read your file.
是的,我读了你的文件。
I think we'd be better served with one of us and one of us.
我觉得我们最好派一个我们的人,另外一个也是我们的人。
-Bennet: I'm sorry?
什么?
-Danko: Or 10 of us... 12 of us... and none of them.
或者要派10个我们的人... 乃至12个我们的人... 它们的人一个都不要。
-Bennet: A lot of the people you're targeting are good people.
target: 对象
你们大部分的补抓对象都是良好市民。
They're useful people.
useful: 有用的
他们都是有用的人。
-Danko: Well, this isn't about ethics.
ethics: 道德规范
这讲求的不是道德。
It's about trust.
要的是信任。
About us... and them.
对我们... 和对他们的信任。
By your own admission, your way didn't exactly work.
admission: 承认
正如你所说的,你们的方法并不完全有用。
Prisoners escaping, loyalty issues... It was a mess.
loyalty: 忠诚,忠实 issues: 问题
囚犯逃跑,忠诚问题... 一团糟。
-Bennet: A mess.
mess: 杂乱
一团糟。
For 20 years, I was successful at making sure that people like you never knew people
like them even existed.
be successful at doing sth.: 成功做某事
20年来,我很清楚像你这样的人根本不清楚那些有超能力之人的存在。
-Danko: You don't presume to know anything about me.
presume: 以为
不要以为你了解我。
-Bennet: I thought I was running this angle.
angle: 观点,角度
我以为是由我来控制这次行动。
-Nathan: Well, the situation's become a little bit more complex, Noah.
complex: 复杂
情况变得有点复杂了,Noah。
It's important that we look at everything from as many angles as we can.
最重要的是我们凡事不能都往好的方面想。
Okay?
明白没?
-Bennet: Glad to see you got your old job back.
很高兴你能重操老本行。
Mohinder: How else would I randomly bump into old acquaintances?
randomly: 碰巧 bump into:(口)无意中遇到 acquaintance: 认识的人,泛泛之交,熟人
我居然得这样,巧遇上一位老熟人。
-Bennet: Something big is happening.
有大事情要发生了。
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助。
-Mohinder: Why would I believe anything you say?
为什么我要相信你说的?
-Bennet: Because it's true.
因为那是事实。
I realize we haven't always played nice with each other, but... you have a unique
perspective.
play with each other : 合作 unique: 特有的 perspective: 观点
我知道我们之间合作得不是很愉快,但是...你有个独特的视角。
You've been ordinary and extraordinary so you understand our fear.
你做过正常人,也做过有超能力的人,所以你明白我们害怕什么。
-Mohinder: What exactly is happening?
exactly: 准确的
到底是要发生什么事情?
-Bennet: A government program. and it is going to blow up in their face.
program: 计划 blow up in one's face: 把某人铲除掉;使某人出丑
一个政府部门的行动要把他们全部铲除。
I need you, Mohinder.
我需要你的帮助,Mohinder。
I need your brain. I need your strength.
strength: 力量
我需要你的智慧,我需要你的力量。
Together, we can help people.
一起合作,拯救人类。
We can save lives.
我们可以挽救生命。
What do you say?
你觉得呢?
He came to you.
他找过你。
-Mohinder: What?
什么?
-Matt: I just saw you and him in a cab.
cab: 出租车
我刚才看见你和他在出租车上。
You knew about this.
你了解一切。
-Bennet: You didn't tell him?
你没有告诉他?
-Mohinder: All right, Matt, let me explain.
explain: 解释
好吧,Matt,让我来解释。
-Bennet: Why didn't you tell him?
为什么不告诉他?
-Mohinder: I wasn't talking to anybody.
我谁也没告诉。
I thought it was the safest thing.
我以为那是最安全的方法。
-Matt: That's why you didn't want me in his head.
所以你不想让我进入他的头脑。
You didn't care about his health.
你不是关心他的健康。
You were afraid of what I'd find.
be afraid of: 害怕
你是害怕我发现这件事。
-Mohinder: No. Yes, he approached me.
approach: 接近
不是的,是,他找过我。
But I said no.
但我拒绝了。
-Matt: You should have told me about this.
你应该告诉我这件事的。
Why didn't you tell...
为什么你不说......
-Matt: Unh!
啊!
-Mohinder: Unh!
啊!
-Mohinder: What could I have done?!
要我怎么做? !
Tied up on an airplane too!
tie up:(使船只)停靠;捆绑 airplane: 飞机
我们也曾被同绑在一架飞机上!
You think I don't regret any of this?!
regret: 懊悔
你以为我不为此感到懊恼吗?!
-Matt: You're my friend. You could have warned me!
warn: 警告
你是我的朋友,你本可以警告我的!
You could have warned all of us!
你可以警告我们所有人的!
-Mohinder: I didn't know what to do. I didn't believe him.
我不知道该怎么做,我不相信他。
-Matt: Even after the plane, the leash...
leash: 用皮带拴住
甚至在下飞机之后,还绑着...
-Mohinder: What, told you that I could've stopped all of this?
什么,告诉你我本可以阻止这一切?
That I could have maybe prevented Daphne's death?
prevent: 阻止
我也许能阻止Daphne的死?
If I have I probably be the one tied on the chair
probably: 大概 tie: 绑
如果我说出来了,那绑在椅子上的人也许就是我了。
-Matt: Come on!
快!
All right, check back there. I got over here.
check: 检查
好的,到那再联络。我先回去。
-Peter: Hi.
嗨。
-Peter: We gotta hurry.
gotta= have got to,必须
我们得快点。
-Matt: They found me. They're going to find us.
他们找到了我,他们也会找到我们的。
We're going to get all the answers we're looking for
我们会找到所需要的一切答案。
Without the drugs. Unh.
不要用药。呃。
I want him to feel everything.
我要他想起所有的事情。
How do we fight back?
我们要怎么回击?
You always have a plan, now you're going to share it with us.
share: 分享
你们通常都会有个计划,现在拿来与我们分享下吧。
-Bennet: Listen to Peter and get the hell out of here while you still can.
听Peter的吧,趁还有机会赶快离开这。
How much time do you think you have, Matt, before they find us!
你以为你们还有多少时间,Matt,他们就快找到我们了。!
-Mohinder: Maybe we should just take what Peter has and run.
也许我们应该听Peter的,走吧。
-Matt: You don't get a vote!
vote: 建议
你没权发表意见!
-Peter: What are you talking about?
你们在说什么?
-Mohinder: Nothing.
没什么。
-Matt: Mohinder knew that we were going to get attacked by the government.
attack: 攻击
Mohinder知道我们会被政府袭击。
-Peter: Is that true?
是真的吗?
-Mohinder: Bennet came to me, yes. But I didn't believe him.
Bennet找过我,是的。但我不相信他。
He manipulated me before, and I didn't think I could trust him.
manipulated: 熟练控制 trust: 相信
他之前控制过我,我觉得我不能相信他。
-Matt: Why didn't you say something?
为什么你一声都不吭?
-Mohinder: As if any of you would believe me after what I've done.
说得像是,我告诉了你们的话,你们都会相信我似的。
-Matt: Yeah, it's better that we didn't. You're a coward!
coward: 胆小鬼,懦夫
是的,好过我们什么都不知道。你个胆小鬼!
-Peter: Can you get anything more out of him?
你能从他那搞到更多的信息吗?
-Matt: Yeah. I was just about to do that.
好的,我刚想这么做。
Who's the guy you were taking orders from, huh?
guy: 家伙 take order: 接受命令,执行任务
你们是受什么人指使,啊?
-Peter: Wait, wait, what guy? I thought he was in charge.
be in charge: 主使,发号司令
等等,谁?我以为是他主使的。
-Matt: Turns out he's still middle management.
management: 管理
原来他只是个中层管理人员。
Who is he? Who?
他是谁?谁?
Who?!
谁?!
-Danko: You.
你。
-Bennet: You got a minute?
有时间吗?
I think we got off on the wrong foot.
get off: 离开工作
我觉得我们一开始就乱了。
I was hoping we could talk.
我希望我们能谈谈。
-Danko: What are we going to talk about?
你想谈什么?
-Bennet: We're going to be working together.
我们将会一起共事。
I thought maybe it'd be a good idea if we, uh...
我想那会是个好主意,如果我们,呃...
-Danko: what?
什么?
-Bennet: Got to know each other better?
更好的了解对方?
Understood where the other guy was coming from.
come from: 来自
弄清楚彼此的来头。
-Danko: I already know where you're coming from
我已经知道你是从哪来的了。
-Bennet: And where is that?
哪儿?
-Danko: You got a family at home.
你有一个家庭。
A wife, a boy.
你有妻子,儿子。
And your daughter Claire, right?
还有你的女儿Claire 是吗?
She's the special one with the soft spot in the center of her soft heart.
soft: 柔软的
她是特殊的,她的心很容易被打动。
-Bennet: That's right.
是的。
You're a dime a dozen.
dime: 一角硬币 dozen: 一打 a dime a dozen:(口)因太多而不稀罕的,十分平常的
你没有任何价值。
-Danko: And 11 of the 12 are unreliable.
unreliable: 不可靠【11 of the 12: 十二份之十一,意思是“几乎完全”】
并且完全不可靠。
-Bennet: You don't know anything about me.
你对我一无所知。
That's the whole point of this.
point: 要点
这才是重点。
-Danko: Oh?
哦?
All that time you worked at your company, you danced the fine line between company
man and family man.
【dance the fine line between A and B: 原意是“在A和B之间的细线上跳舞”,比喻把两
者平衡得很好】
你在公司工作的时候,总是在家庭男和事业男之间做的很好。
I'm not much for dancing.
我可比不上你。
-Bennet: You're oversimplifying it.
oversimplify: 使过度简单化
你想得太简单了。
-Danko: I think you're overcomplicating it.
overcomplicate: 使过度复杂化
是你想得太复杂了。
Hunting them or harboring them... to win this war for good, it takes focus.
harbor: 庇护,匿藏 focus: 集中
追捕他们还是包庇他们... 如果要一劳永逸的胜利就必须全神贯注。
And yours is just a little split right now.
split: 使破裂
但你现在却有些分神了。
-Bennet: I've read your files too, Danko.
file: 卷宗
我也看了你的档案,Danko先生。
I've known men like you.
我了解像你这样的人。
-Danko: Is that right?
是吗?
-Bennet: Sure.
当然。
Simple, unconnected. Take your work home with you.
unconnected: 独立
简单,独立,把工作带回家。
You're never off the job.
be off: 离开
从来没有下班的时候。
You think that makes you perfect.
perfect: 完美
只有那样你才觉得自己完美。
-Danko: Not perfect, just better than you.
不是完美,只是比你好罢了。
-Bennet: These aren't terrorists you're hunting.
terrorists: 恐怖分子
你在追杀的不是恐怖分子。
They're people.
他们是人。
-Danko: They're targets.
target: 目标
他们是目标。
-Bennet: This job is about understanding their humanity, not their ability.
humanity: 人性
这份工作是在于了解他们的人性,而不是他们的能力。
But you have to be human to do that.
做这之前,你必须得先做人。
-Danko: You're a valuable asset.
valuable: 有价值的 asset: 有价值的人;资产
你是个有价值的人。
But once we begin engagement, I have to know...
engagement: 约定
但一旦我们签订协议,我要知道...
Are you going to take orders, or continue undermining me with every glance?
orders: 命令 glance: 扫视 undermine: 暗中破坏
你是会遵守命令呢,还是会无时无刻,都想把我除掉?
-Bennet: You're the boss.
听你的。
-Peter: Matt, don't do this.
Matt,别这么做。
Don't push this any further.
further: 更远的
别再继续下去了。
-Matt: Peter, I got another address for you.
address: 地址
Peter,我要给你另一个地址。
-Peter: No... What did you see?
不... 你看见了什么?
No, you go after this guy and you're dead.
go after: 追逐
不,你们继续追下去的话你们都会死的。
-Bennet: You're all dead. You can't undo it.
你们都会死,你们没办法解决它。
-Matt: This guy's in charge.
in charge: 主管
是这个人负责的。
Don't listen to him. This is why we came.
别听他的,我们来是因为。
We want to cripple them. We want to hurt them.
cripple: 严重削弱
我们要摧残他们,要伤害他们。
This is the guy.
就是这个人。
-Bennet: No, Peter, you're making a big mistake.
mistake: 过失
不要,Peter,你这么做是错的。
You're unraveling things you don't understand.
unravel: 解开,拆散;解体,瓦解
你在破解一些你不了解的东西。
-Bennet: Peter! Peter!
Peter! Peter!
-Danko: All right.
好的。
Secure all the exits.
secure: 关牢,保护,看守
守住所有的出口。
Wait for my order before moving in.
order: 命令 move in: 搬进
没有我的命令不许进内。
I want eyes on the scene.
eyes on: 监视,看着 scene: 场景
我要监控现场。
-Peter: You really should lock your windows.
你真该把窗户都锁起来。
-Man: Sir, we have a situation.
situation: 情况
长官,有情况。
-Nathan: Tell me you found Bennet.
你们找到Bennet了。
-Man: No, sir, not Bennet.
不是,长官,不是Bennet。
-Nathan: Did you already mobilize the unit?
mobilize: 调动
你疏散这个单元了吗?
-Man: I was waiting for your order, senator.
senator: 参议员
我在等你的命令,参议员。
-Peter: So you're the one that's driving all this.
drive: 驾驶;操纵
那么说你是操控这一切的人。
Making us run, hide.
hide: 隐藏
让我们四处逃窜躲藏。
-Danko: Peter, right?
Peter,是吗?
You're the good brother.
你真是个好兄弟。
Compassionate one.
compassionate: 有同情心的
富有同情心的人。
You want me dead?
你想我死?
-Peter: Huh?
嗯?
-Danko: Do it.
杀了我。
-Peter: you want to die?
你想死?
-Danko: No.
不。
But you came here with a mission, right?
mission: 任务
你来这是有任务的,是吗?
So... get it over with.
get over with sth.: 克服某事;完成某事
那... 快点完成吧。
You think you're innocent?
innocent: 无辜
你觉得你是无辜的吗?
That you're the good guy?
你认为你是好人?
You broke into my house, put a gun to my head.
break into: 闯入
你闯进我家,用枪指着我的头。
-Peter: You are the one who's hunting us.
hunt: 追捕
你才是那个追捕我们的人。
-Danko: With good reason.
那是对的。
And it's not ever going to stop.
而且这永远不会结束。
Cause if you kill me, I'll get exactly what I want.
exactly: 正确的
因为如果你杀了我就正合我意。
-Peter: And what is that?
为什么?
-Danko: They'll see what I've been telling them.
他们就会明白我的用意。
They'll know just how dangerous you people are.
dangerous: 危险的
他们就会知道,你们到底有多危险。
-Nathan: He's right, you know.
他是对的。
-Danko: Hello, Nathan.
你好,Nathan。
-Nathan: Don't do it, Pete.
别这么做,Pete。
-Danko: How the hell'd you get here so fast?
你们怎么会这么快到这儿?
-Nathan: I know you might think I'm the bad guy here, Pete, and maybe I am.
我知道你会认为我是坏人,Pete或许我确实是。
but you've gotta believe me when I tell you...
但你要相信我当我说... ...
-Peter: I don't. I'm done believing in you.
我不,我再也不会相信你。
-Nathan: This isn't you.
你不会这么做的。
All right...
好了......
If you kill him.
如果你杀了他。
The order will come down to kill you all, and I won't be able to contain...
contain: 容纳
就会有命令下来,把你们都杀掉。我没办法收容......
-Peter: Just shut up! Shut... up!
闭嘴! 闭...... 嘴!
-Nathan: Let 'em figure a way out of this.
figure: 解决
我们要找办法解决问题。
-Danko: I was right.
我是对的。
You can't trust either of them.
他们谁都不能相信。
-Peter: Not really.
不完全是。
They're moving in on Matt and Mohinder right now.
他们正在去Matt和Mohinder那儿。
-Nathan: You pull the trigger, you're signing their death warrant.
trigger: 扳机 warrant: 许可证
你扣动了扳机就等于,签署了他们的死亡书。
-Danko: Why did you tell him about Parkman and Suresh?
你为什么要告诉他关于Parkman和Suresh的事?
-Nathan: I just saved your life. You're welcome!
我刚救了你的命,不用客气!
-Danko: Move in. Take them now!
move in: 迁进
进去,马上抓住他们!
-Policemen: Empty.
空的。
-Mohinder: They don't know which room we're in.
他们不知道我们在哪个房间。
We should make a break for it.
make a break for it: <口> (趁人不注意时)偷跑,逃跑
我们得偷偷走。
-Matt: You're never going to stop hunting us.
你永远都不会停止追捕我们。
Even when you had the chance to stop, you didn't.
chance: 机会
即使你有机会停止,你也没有这么做。
-Bennet: Daphne's alive, Matt. They have her, alive.
alive: 在世的
Daphne还活着,Matt,他们活捉了她。
-Matt: You're lying to me. .
你在骗我。
No, no, no, no
不,不,不,不。
-Bennet: See for yourself. I won't fight you.
你自己看,我不会伤你的。
-Matt: I go back inside your head right now and we get caught.
inside: 里面
我现在进去你的头脑,我们就会被抓了。
-Mohinder: Go in.
进去。
Find out. I'll hold them off.
hold off: 拖延
查清楚,我会拖延他们。
-Bennet: It's what you've wanted.
如果这就是你想要的。
-Matt:All right, go.
好的,去吧。
-Nurse: This one's alive.
这个还活着。
Gunshot wound to the shoulder.
gunshot: 枪伤 shoulder: 肩膀
肩部有枪伤。
-Bennet: Get a sedative.
sedative: 镇静剂
拿麻醉剂来。
It's going to take three times the normal amount to keep this one down.
normal: 正常的,平常的 amount: 数量,剂量
得用三倍的剂量才能起作用。
-Bennet: Daphne's alive, Matt.
Daphne还活着,Matt。
-Mohinder: Come on.
来吧。
I said come on, all of you!
我说你们都过来吧!
-Bennet: Matt, listen to me. You're not a killer.
killer: 凶手
Matt,听我说。你不是个杀人凶手。
This is only going to get worse for you.
这只会让你更糟。
You're going to have to escalate beyond anything you could ever imagine!
escalate: 使逐步扩大,恶化,加剧 beyond: 超越,超出 imagine: 想象
你会把事情搞到无法收拾的地步!
-Matt: You should have just taken the damn watch and stayed home.
damn: 该死的
你当初就该拿好那该死的手表,待在家里。
-Policeman: Drop it.
放下枪。
-Bennet: Don't hurt him.
别伤害他。
-Policeman: Is there anyone else here?
还有其他人么?
-Matt: No, just me. Aah!
没有,只有我。啊!
-Bennet: Let me walk him out.
让我带他出去。
Just... let me walk him out.
让... 让我带他出去吧。
-Mohinder: Aah! Aa... Aah!
啊!啊!
-Nathan: Take a hard look at yourself before you judge me.
评判我之前,先好好看看你自己。
It wasn't too long ago you had me tied up.
tie up: 系紧
不久之前还是你捆了我。
-Mohinder: Don't use me to rationalize your actions.
rationalize : 使合理化 actions: 行动
别想利用我掩盖你的阴谋。
What I did, what you're doing is wrong!
我从前做的,也就是你现在做的,是错的!
-Nathan: The curtain is up.
curtain: 帷幕【curtain is up: 开幕,表示开始】
行动已经开始。
The government is involved in this now.
government: 政府 be involved in: 涉及
而政府也已经参与。
What you did... what Peter, what Matt did...
你,Peter Matt所做的。
It got in the way of what I'm trying to accomplish.
accomplish: 完成,达到,实行
影响了我要做的事。
And what's that, exactly?
exactly: 正确的
到底是什么事?
The plane you were on.
你们乘坐的那架飞机。
That was taking you to a facility that was meant to contain you.
contain: 抑制 be mean to: 对…说很重要
本来是要带你们到一个要拘禁你的地方。
Well, your actions supported the hard-liners, who believe you should all be executed.
support: 支持 hard-liner: 不妥协者 actions: 行动 execute: 处决
可你的行为支持了那些坚持要处决你们的不妥协者。
Me... I still believe containment can work.
containment: 遏制政策
而我... 仍然觉得牵制政策管用。
-Mohinder: You're going to round us up and imprison us forever?
round up: 围捕 imprison: 监禁,关押
你准备围捕我们,并把我们永远关起来么?
That's your plan?
这就是你们的计划?
-Nathan: That's the first part.
这只是第一部分。
Then we're going to find a way to control these powers.
control: 控制
然后我们去设法控制你们的超能力。
To eliminate them, so we can go back to living what's left of our lives.
eliminate: 消除
消除它们,这样我们的生活就都能回到正轨了。
But I need your help.
但我需要你的帮助。
-Mohinder: That's not going to happen.
不可能的。
-Nathan: You believe science has all the answers, right?
你相信科学能解决一切,是么?
Why don't you start with her?
start with: 以…开始
为什么不从她开始呢?
-Mohinder: Daphne!
Daphne!
She is alive.
她还活着。
-Nathan: For now.
目前是。
But I'm losing that battle.
lose the battle: 战败,比喻无能为力
但我无能为力了。
And unless you help me, I can assure you that my associates are going to kill her.
unless: 除非 assure: 使确信 associate: 同事,伙伴
我敢说,除非你帮助我否则我的同事会杀了她。
And then they're going to kill you.
然后他们会杀了你。
And then they're going to kill my brother... and Matt.
接着会杀了我弟弟... 和Matt。
You'll all be dead.
你们都会死。
-Bennet: Protocol after a man's taken prisoner is to grant him shore leave.
protocol: 礼仪;协议,规程 prisoner: 俘虏 grant: 批准,同意 shore leave: 船员岸上假期,这里比喻放某人走
让被抓的人妥协,方法就是答应放他走。
Maybe you ought to take a few days off.
ought to: 应该 day off: 放假
也许你该放几天假。
My wife kicked me out of the house.
kick out of: 赶出
我老婆把我赶出来了。
My daughter is scared to death of me.
scare: 害怕
我女儿怕死我了。
What am I going to do with time off?
do with: 对付
剩下的时间我该怎么过?
You were right before.
以前你是对的。
when you said I was weak because of my split focus.
split focus: 分裂焦点
我因为不能专心一致而容易被击败。
That's not going to be a problem anymore.
anymore: 不再
但现在已经没有这个问题。
The job is all that's left.
工作将是剩余的全部。
You have my complete dedication.
dedication: 奉献
我现在全身心为你工作。
You still think I'm compromised?
你还认为我是在妥协么?
-Danko: They found your storage unit.
unit: 单位
他们找到了你的储藏室。
-Bennet: which, unless I'm mistaken, led you right to them.
mistake: 误会 led: lead 的过去式,引导,领导
除非我误会了,我想你就是因为那才去找它们的吧。
You're the one that let them get away.
get away: 脱身
是你让他们跑了。
-Danko: Yeah, I admit...
admit: 承认
对,我承认......
I underestimated them.
underestimate: 低估
我低估了他们。
They got away because Senator Petrelli let his personal interests cloud his judgment.
senator: 参议员 personal: 个人的 interest: 利益;兴趣 cloud: 盖过
他们能逃掉是因为,Petrelli议员个人的利益盖过了他的理智。
Kid gloves are standard issue in this outfit.
kid gloves: 羔羊皮手套 issue: 问题 outfit: 一套服装
羔皮手套是导致一切的标准配置。
You and I have to change that.
change: 改变
我们得改变它。
You agree?
同意么?
-Bennet: Absolutely.
absolutely: 完全正确
完全同意。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: So?
怎么样?
-Bennet: All things considered, it went pretty well.
all things considered: 全面考虑
考虑周全,一切顺利。
I think he trusts me.
trust: 相信
我觉得他信任我。
Mrs.. Petrelli: Don't be foolish, Noah.
foolish: 傻的
别傻了,Noah。
That man trusts no one.
那个人谁也不相信。
He will continue to test you.
test: 测试,考验
他会继续考验你。
-Bennet: I'm prepared to be tested.
我已经准备好了。
Because he's got it all wrong.
因为他整件事都弄错了。
And so does Nathan, for that matter.
在这一点上,Nathan也是。
-Mrs.. Petrelli: There's no halfway anymore.
halfway: 半途的
不能再半途而废了。
You're going to have to play the role.
role: 角色
你将不得不扮演好这个角色。
Make tough choices to prove your loyalty to them to their cause.
choices: 选择 prove: 证明 cause: 事业
做出艰难的决定,来证明你对他们和他们事业的忠诚。
-Bennet: You know me.
你了解我。
I've always been comfortable with morally gray.
morally: 精神上的 gray: 灰暗
我向来能适应人性的黑暗。
-Matt: No... no, no. This can't happen.
不... 不行,不行。不可能这样。
All I wanted to do was find Daphne.
我只想找到Daphne。
This is why I didn't want to paint the future.
paint: 画,这里是“预料” future: 未来
正因为这样,我不想预料未来。
-Peter: Matt! Matt!
Matt! Matt!
You're not capable of this, okay?
be capable of doing sth./ sth.: 有(做某事的)能力
你不会这么做的,知道么?
You are not a murderer.
murderer: 杀人犯
你不是谋杀犯。
-Matt: How the hell do you explain this?
那你怎么解释这个?
词汇解析:hightall 校对:Charlotte Kwok



评 论


