提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
Season 08, Episode 04
[Previously on the Celebrity Apprentice]
《飞黄腾达》前情提要
-Narrator: The celebrities have to sell…for charity.
celebrities: 名人 charity: 慈善
明星为慈善举行婚纱义卖
-Donald: The one that makes the greatest profit will win.
profit: 利润
获利最多的人赢
-Aside: The women set out to keep their winning streak going.
set out to: 着手 winning streak: 连胜
女队连连获胜
-Annie: Oh, my God! What's this mean?
哦上帝 怎么回事
He's gonna buy 10,000 wedding dress, you guys!
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) wedding dress: 婚纱
他要买一万美元的婚纱呢
-Aside: Project Manager Tom Green failed to gain the respect of his team.
gain: 赢得 respect: 尊敬
项目经理Tom Green在队员面前糗大了
-Tom: Brian, can you help me with my zipper?
zipper: 拉链
Brian 帮我拉下拉链好吗
-Brian: Absolutely not.
absolutely: 绝对地
没门儿
-Dennis: Give me a vodka and cranberry.
vodka: 伏特加酒 cranberry: 小红莓
来杯红莓味的伏特加
-Aside: Dennis' drinking binge derailed the team... Dennis
binge: 大吃大喝 derail: 出轨
Dennis的嗜酒成性拖累了队伍
-Herschel: All he wants to do is go around the neighborhood having a little drink here or there.
go around: 四处走动 neighborhood: 邻居
他只想喝着小酒到处乱晃
I don't know how that's gonna sell a wedding dress.
我不认为这样能把婚纱卖掉
-Aside: ...and sucked Tom into an all-night bender.
suck into: 巴结 all-night: 通宵 bender: 酒会
还把Tom带到了一个通宵酒会
-Dennis: We gonna go get a drink at the hotel?
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
饭店哪儿能喝一杯
-Tom: I'm ready. I'm out.
我准备好了出发
-Aside: The next morning, Tom got a wakeup call.
wakeup: 唤醒
第二天Tom接到了叫醒电话
-Jesse: Hey. Get them up.
嘿把他们叫起来
Our Project Manager's still kind of a little bit drunk.
project manager: 项目经理
项目经理还有点醉醺醺的
It's like, "What else could possibly go wrong?"
go wrong: 出错
就好像"还会出什么错呢 "
-Clint: Dennis' guy called, said he's having a lot of trouble with his eyes this morning, and he's not gonna be coming in.
have trouble with: 有麻烦(有困难)
Dennis的朋友打电话说他眼睛不好今天来不了了
With Tom hung over and Dennis a complete no show, the team picked up the slack.
hung over: 宿醉未醒 slack: 松懈
Tom宿醉未醒 Dennis缺席小组没有气馁
-Brian: You look damn good.
damn: 该死的可恶的
你真漂亮
Oh, why, thank you. Damn good.
是吗谢谢太美了
We said, "Let's go. We have to go to work.
我们告诉自己说"加油该干活了"
We have a task to do. If it's gonna be four of us, fine."
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)task: 任务
比赛还在进行只有四个人没问题
-Aside: Athena sales went off without a hitch.
went off : 爆炸【这里指进展】 hitch: 急止
雅典娜队十分顺利
How much are you paying for a dress 10,000?
一件婚纱多少钱一万
10,000. Wow!
一万元哇哦
Thank you.
谢谢
-Aside: In the boardroom, the women scored yet another victory... handing the men their third loss in a row.
boardroom: 会议室 score: 获得;得分 victory: 胜利 loss: 失败 in a row: 连续
在会议室女士们赢得另一次胜利让男士们连败三局
And former Playmate Brande Roderick became one of the biggest moneyraisers in "Apprentice" history.
former: 先前的 playmate: 选手 moneyraiser: 筹钱者 apprentice: 学徒
前选手Brande Roderick成为学徒史上筹钱最多的人
-Donald: You won 167,000 for your charity.
charity: 慈善
你为慈善赢得了16万7千美元
-Aside: Tom and Dennis had their excuses, but the team had had enough.
excuse: 借口
Tom和Dennis总是找借口其他队员已经受够了
-Donald: Clint, if you were me, who would you fire?
If you were me: 加入你是我【虚拟语气】 fire: 开除
Clint 你是我的话你会开除谁
-Clint: I'd fire both of them.
我把他们两个都开了
-Donald: Frankly, do you want to know the truth?
frankly: 诚实地
老实说你想知道实情吗
Tom, you were lousy last week, lousy this week.
lousy: 差劲的
Tom你上周表现很烂这周表现很烂
Tom, you're fired. Go.
fire: 开除
Tom你被开除了走吧
Try a little harder, will you, Dennis, please?
再加把劲好吗 Dennis 拜托
-Dennis: I will try. I will try.
我会的我会的
-Girls: Oh, my God. My God. That was brutal.
brutal: 残忍的
上帝啊太残酷了
Tom got fired. He fired Tom.
Tom被开除他开除了他
Oh, my God. My God. That was brutal.
brutal: 残酷
上帝啊 上帝啊那太残酷了
-Claudia: Dennis should have gone before Tom.
Dennis应该走在Tom前面
-Girls: Dennis.
Dennis
-Dennis: Hey, what's up? What's up?
嘿大家好大家好
-Girls: Survived another week.
survive: 生存
又有一周可混了
-Dennis: Oh, come on, man. It's all good.
come on:别这样【come on 有很多种解释不同语境意思不同】
别这样都很好啊
That was hard to see. Oh, that's the easy part.
真看不出来哦 那很容易
-Dennis: I'm used I'm used to it.
我已经习惯这样
It's three teams now.
现在成了三队
There's the girls' team, the guys' team, and my team.
女队男队我自己一队
That's what it seemed like to me.
我是这样的感觉
-Clint: I think that one of the lessons that we all have to learn with this
lesson: 教训
我们都应当从中吸取教训
When you're working for a boss, you have to subordinate yourself to that boss.
subordinate: 使 服从
为老板打工就要听从老板的吩咐
He's your boss. You work for him.
他是你的老板你给他干活
And if we don't learn that on our team, we're gonna continue to lose.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)continue: 继续
如果我们不能吸取教训 我们还会失败
I think a couple of these guys just don't understand what it is to work for a boss.
a couple of: 几个
我觉得有些人不知道如何在人手下工作
And I think that some of these guys are just so in command of their own lives and without a boss for so long that they don't get it yet
in command of: 指挥
有些人习惯了颐指气使如何给人打工早就忘在脑后
We're not out there in our world.
我们不是扮演自己生活中的角色
We're working for Donald Trump.
我们为Donald Trump工作
-Dennis: If I own a company and you work for me, I'm like this.
我没给人干过我就是这样
What do you want to come tell me
你们想跟我说什么
What are you gonna tell me
你们想说什么
-Clint: If I were your boss and your eyes were bleeding,
bleed: 流血
如果我是你老板你眼睛出血了
I'd either expect you to have three doctors tell me or I'd expect you to show up anyway.
show up: 出现
除非有三个医生的签名否则你乖乖过来上班
-Claudia: The boys suck, and they argue with each other.
suck: 糟糕 argue with: 争吵
男队烂透了彼此意见不一致
And I don't know who's running the ship.
这艘船没人掌舵
And I think Dennis has got some pretty difficult people to deal with on his team namely Clint Black.
deal with: 对付
我觉得Dennis遇到了很难对付的人我是说Clint Black
-Dennis: You can't work for me, right?
你不能听我的对吗
But I got a successful company, but you can't work for me the way I am.
但我有一家成功的企业你也不能为我工作
-Claudia: The men's team is falling apart, so we might be looking at another disaster about to happen.
fall apart: 分裂 disaster: 灾难
男队陷入分裂或许又要有灾难发生了
You can't put me in a position where, like, with money and stuff like that.
and stuff: 诸如此类
你不能知人善任
-Dennis: No, you got to put me in a position where I'm so good at it that this is what I do.
不行你必须量才而用别把矛头对着我
Clint was trying to single me out, but I'm used to being a black sheep.
single out: 挑出【这里引申为孤立】 a black sheep: 害群之马
Clint在孤立我但我已经习惯被视作害群之马
Even in the NBA, I was always the one they always target.
target: 把…作为目标
甚至在NBA我也是被主要盯防的那一个
MICHEAL JORDAN'S THE GREATEST SPORTS FIGURE ON THE PLANET, EVER.
HE'LL TELL YOU...
迈克尔·乔丹是地球上最厉害的球星你问他啊
Dennis is not difficult at all.
Dennis一点也不难处
He'll work with anybody.
他可以和任何人合作
So Clint can go to hell.
hell: 地狱
Clint去死吧
I could work for you.
我可以听命于你
-Clint: I'm just saying. I could work for you,
我说了我可以听命于你
Because if you were my boss, I'd do whatever you tell me to do.
whatever: 任何
你是老板你说了算
I'm just saying I couldn't be your boss.
我要说的是我不能当你的老板
-Dennis: I worked for harder guys than you, bro.
bro: 兄弟(称呼男性朋友或亲戚)
比你还刁钻的老板我都见识过兄弟
I'll see you down the street.
街上见
-Brande: Hey,
你好
-Chris: how are you?
你怎么样
-Brande: I'm good.
很好
-Chris: Great. Thank you.
好极了谢谢
-Brande: How have you been?
还顺利吧
-Chris: Good.
顺利
-Brande: I'm one of the celebrity advisers for California Police Youth Charities,
celebrity: 名人 adviser: 顾问 charities: 慈善机构
我是加州青年警官慈善基金经纪人
and I try to raise as much money as possible to bring programs to these children,
raise: 筹集 program: 项目
我在为这些孩子筹款
like giving them scholarships or taking them to a ballgame
scholarship: 奖学金 ballgame: 棒球比赛
以便让他们能得到奖学金或者去看一场棒球赛
and going out there and cooking a hot dog for them.
hot dog: 热狗
或者带他们出去吃热狗
And how are all the kids doing back there without me cooking their hot dogs for them?
没有我做热狗孩子会怎么样呢
-Chris: There are complaints that the hot dogs aren't as good, but they miss you.
complaint: 抱怨
他们说热狗难吃极了但他们很想你
-Brande: Chris Eaton is the Executive Director of California Police Youth Charities,
executive director: 执行理事
Chris Eaton是加州警界青年慈善基金行政经理
and he has an immense love for kids and really wants to do anything in his power to help.
immense: 巨大的
他对孩子充满爱很想尽量为他们做事
So, I have something that I want to give you.
我有一样东西给你
And this should be enough for hot dogs for a very, very long time.
这可以让孩子们很长时间都有热狗吃了
-Chris: Can I look at this?
我能看看吗
-Brande: Yes, you can.
是的看吧
-Chris: Oh, my God.
上帝啊
Are you serious?
这是真的吗
166,680.00
166 680美元
That's unbelievable.
unbelievable: 难以置信的
真难以置信
-Brande: Isn't that great?
很棒不是吗
-Chris: Yeah.
是啊
-Brande: Glad to do it.
真高兴有所帮助
It was an amazing feeling handing the check over to Chris,
amazing: 令人惊异的 check: 支票 hand over: 交出
给Chris钱的时候感觉好极了
because that's the reason why I'm here.
因为这是我参赛的目的
So, I can't wait to be able to go home and really see what that money is gonna do.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
真迫不及待想看看这些钱都可以用来干什么
-Chris: You really gonna eat that?
你真那么想吃热狗
-Donald: Good morning.
早上好
Morning.
早上好
-Donald: Welcome to Capitale, one of the great event spaces anywhere in New York City.
space: 空间
欢迎来到Capitale 纽约最了不起的活动空间
It's a terrific place, and you're gonna be working right here.
terrific: 极好地
很棒的地方你们将在此工作
Athena, I understand that Joan will be gone all day.
雅典娜队 Joan将会全天缺席
She's in Dallas performing at a charity event,and she'll be back sometime tomorrow.
perform: 表演
她在达拉斯为慈善活动表演她明天会回来
I'm sure she'll be checking in with you.
我保证她和你们一同入住
Now, the telecommunications industry is a $1 trillion industry.
telecommunication: 电讯
现在电讯业是一个价值一万亿美元的庞大产业
ACN is the largest distributors of videophones anywhere in the world.
distributor: 运营商 videophone: 可视电话
ACN是世界上最大的电视电话运营商
They do half a billion dollars' worth of sales a year.
他们每年盈利5亿美元
Very successful, very good guys.
他们是很成功很好的人
I've worked with them before.
我曾与他们共事
To my right are Greg and Tony from ACN, who will tell you what to do.
我右手边是来自ACN的Greg和Tony 他们将告诉你们具体任务
Greg.
Greg
-Greg: We're very excited to be here to have you help us introduce to the world the new ACN videophone.
introduce: 介绍 videophone: 可视电话
很荣幸得到你们的帮助向全世界推广新型ACN可视电话
-Tony: Your task is to launch this product to hundreds of ACN representatives.
launch: 投放市场 representative: 代理
你们将向数百ACN经销商推广这一产品
They will vote for the team who conveys the highest excitement, the highest level of energy, and most importantly, the strongest emotional appeal for this product.
vote: 投票 convey: 传达excitement: 激情 energy: 能量 emotional: 感情的 appeal: 吸引力
他们会投票选出最富激情最具活力最具吸引力的一队
-Donald: So, in other words, 500 sales people from ACN are going to be judging you.
in other words: 换句话说 judge: 评判
换句话说五百ACN销售人员会为你们的表现打分
-Tony: Whoever gets the most votes wins, all right?
vote: 投票
得票最多的队赢清楚了吗
-Donald: Now, pick your Project Managers right now.
现在选项目经理
-Brian: I kind of like this one.
我想干
-Guys: You like it?
你想干
You take it.
那就干吧
-Donald: You guys cool with that?
你们同意吗
-Guys: Yeah.
同意
-Donald: Brian, you want it? I got it. I got it.
Brian 你要当吗知道了知道了
Yeah? All right.
是吗好的
-Donald: Dennis, why aren't you in that group?
Dennis 你怎么不参与决策
You don't like this group very much.
你不喜欢小队吗
Why aren't you there, Dennis?
你怎么自己站到一边了
-Dennis: I'm right here.
我在这呢
-Donald: Has Dennis had any influence on picking the Project Manager?
influence: 影响力
Dennis参与意见了吗
-Dennis: No, no, no. They got it. They got it. They got it.
不用不必他们决定就好了
-Donald: He's a very independent person. Okay, who's the Project Manager?
independent: 独立的
他很独立好了谁是项目经理
Brian.
Brian
-Donald: Okay, Brian, I think you'll do a great job.
Brian 我想你会很出色的
-Brian: I decided to be Project Manager
我想当项目经理
because we've gotten our butts kicked. We have.
butt: 屁股 kick: 踢
因为我们落后了就是这样
And this time, you're talking about staging an event.
stage: 上演表演
队长负责策划项目
That's pretty much all my life for the last 20 years.
我过去二十年就指这个吃饭了
-Donald: Okay, Athena, who is your Project Manager?
雅典娜队谁是队长
-Claudia: That would be me. Claudia.
是我 Claudia
-Donald: Claudia. Very good.
Claudia 好极了
-Claudia: Well, this task is probably more suited to my capabilities and my strengths,
suit: 适合 capability: 能力 strengths: 优势
这项任务完全适合我的能力
Because I'm good at managing people.
manage: 管理
我很善于管理人
-Donald: Now, the Project Manager of the winning team will get $20,000 for their charity.
charity: 慈善机构
胜利一方的队长将为其慈善基金赢得两万美元
All right?
明白了
Don and Ivanka will be my eyes and ears.
Don和Ivanka会做我的耳目
They'll be following you. They'll be watching.
跟随你们观察你们
They'll be reporting back. Okay?
report: 报告
然后向我汇报明白了吗
Now, the first thing you'll do is negotiate for which team will do their presentation first,
negotiate: 谈判 presentation: 展示
现在你们协商看哪一对先进行展示
and you'll do that in the room where the event will take place.
你们会在现场做展示
Have a good time. Good luck. Thank you.
祝大家好运谢谢
-Brande: You know, it's an advantage to go second.
advantage: 好处
知道吗第二个做展示很有利
You know that, right?
不是吗
-Natalie: After we got our task, the first thing we had to do was we had to negotiate for which time slot we would perform to the ACN employees.
negotiate: 谈判 slot: 段 perform: 展示 employee: 雇员
接到任务我们首先做的是决定在什么时间段为ACN员工做展示
It was a little unusual because the boys were over off to the right,
unusual: 不寻常的
男生都在右边
and then Dennis Rodman was up in the far left sitting on the stairs, doing his whole thing.
stairs: 台阶
而Dennis Rodman远远的一个人坐在台阶上这有点不寻常
-Clint: Team "A" 11:30, presentation time.
presentation: 展示
A组 11:30 展示
You want to be "B."
你想当B组
Yes, I want the second presentation.
是的我想后一个展示
Should we ask Dennis what he thinks?
我们是不是该问下Dennis的想法
You gonna come help us or what? Come on.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
过来帮忙来呀
-Dennis: You guys got it. Don't worry about it. You guys got it.
你们决定就好别担心你们看着办
It's not what he does.
他不参与谈论
-Natalie: To represent us in negotiation, we picked Annie.
negotiation: 谈判 pick: 挑
我们选Annie代表小组谈判
She's really tough.
tough: 棘手的
她很难对付
We picked her to go up against Clint.
我们选她和Clint较量
-Dennis: Clint Black, It's like he's the dictator from hell.
dictator: 独裁者
Clint Black简直是地狱暴君
He's so funny to me 'cause he ain't knowing what the means.
ain't: <美俚> =are not
我觉得他很搞笑因为他不知道这是什么意思
-Annie: So, what are you guys thinking?
你们怎么想
-Clint: We want this slot the second presentation.
我们想第二个做展示
-Annie: We both want the same thing. We're gonna have to flip a coin.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) flip: 掷 coin: 硬币
我们的选择一样 看来得掷硬币决定了
-Clint: Is that what you've decided? That's how it will be settled?
settle: 处理
你这样认为吗 这是解决的办法吗
-Annie: If you're not gonna budge off "B," absolutely. We'll flip a coin.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) budge: 让步 absolutely: 绝对地 flip: 掷 coin: 硬币
如果你不让步的话只能如此
-Clint: No, we're not gonna budge.
不我们不会让步
-Annie: Okay. We're gonna flip a coin, you guys.
好吧我们掷硬币决定
-Clint: Okay. Perfect.
perfect: 极好地
好极了
-Annie: I'll let Clint call it. How about that?
让Clint去掷怎么样
-Dennis: Hey, Clint Black, this is your now.
Clint Black该你了
Come on; let's see how good he is now.
看看他有多棒
I want to see how good he is now.
我倒要看看他有多能耐
-Clint: Tails.
tails: 钱币反面
反面
Alright, tails is.
好是反面
-Dennis: Hey, Clint Black
嘿 Clint Black
You think you're the right, bro?
你觉得你很了不起吗兄弟
-Clint: Did you think this
你这样觉得
-Dennis: No, no, you think you're the right, bro?
不你觉得你很了不起吗兄弟
-Clint: You think this.
不你觉得你很了不起吗
-Dennis: No, No, You think you are the right, bro?
不不你觉得你很了不起吗兄弟
-Claudia: Oh, my God.
我的天
-Clint: You think this is gonna help?
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
这有助于解决问题吗
-Dennis: Oh you, man!
你去死吧
-Annie: First, I thought he was joking.
起先我觉得他在开玩笑
-Dennis: you!
去死
-Annie: Then, "Oh, my God. He's really serious."
serious: 认真的
然后我意识到"天哪他是认真的"
-Dennis: You think you're
你觉得你…
You think you know every thing.
你觉得你很了不起
Oh, I forgot. Brothers play some team.
哦我忘了兄弟们要团结一致
It's a team game. This. I don't need this show.
这是团队行动我不玩了
Let him go right now. Just let him go.
不要管让他走
That worked.
真糟
-Dennis: This is a team game!
团队合作
-Annie: Did he really just quit?
quit: 退出
他真的就这么退出了吗
Yes.
是啊
-Clint: I wasn't gonna let him make me walk away when he's in my face.
他在我面前我也不会畏缩走开
There's just no way.
就是不可能
I didn't think there was a chance he'd lay his hands on me.
lay on: 猛攻
我不觉得他会真的动手
I thought him…
我想他当时
I don't know He was getting ready to
我不知道他已经准备好了要动手
Dennis really got in my face, but I really believe that this was more talk, and he really wasn't interested in hurting me.
hurt: 伤害
Dennis真的跟我贴得好近但我相信只是口舌之争他真的不打算伤害我
You notice how he got in the face of the smallest dude on the team.
dude: 家伙
你看到他怎么逼向队里最瘦弱的家伙
Just saying.
就这么一说
I'm the smallest?
我最瘦弱
I think you are.
我觉得你是
20 bucks he comes back again?
buck: 钱
20块赌他还会回来吗
-Brian: Dennis is a wild card.
wild: 奇怪的 card: 牌
Dennis做事不按常理
Dennis could be very useful if he chose to be a part of the team,
如果Dennis选择为这支队伍出力 他将功不可没
but Dennis would rather be in Dennis land.
但Dennis宁可独守自己的一亩三分田
-Jesse: Do you guys want to call Dennis?
伙计们你们想联系Dennis吗
-Brian: I don't see how I can utilize him, to be honest with you.
utilize: 利用
说实话我看不出怎么让他帮忙做事
I'm tired of trying to hold his hand, and I knew that if I was the Project Manager,
我厌倦尽力去掌控他 我明白如果我是项目经理
There’s nothing we can do to rein him in.
rein: 驾驭
我们没法对他进行管束
-Jesse: I mean, it's your call, but...
你说了算但
-Brian: After this morning, being confrontational,
confrontational: 对抗
今早正面冲突之后
I don't want to deal with that.
deal with: 处理
我不想处理那些事情
I don't want Dennis here.
我不希望Dennis在这
We don't have anyone that we can let go as a babysitter.
babysitter: 保姆
我们没有多余的人手来做专职保姆
We could have won by now if Dennis really had focused and become a part of the team.
focus on: 关注
倘若Dennis真的关注队伍成为其中一员我们之前就获胜了
Dennis is not a team player.
Dennis不是个理想的合作伙伴
Dennis wasn't really a team player when he played basketball,
在他打篮球的时候 Dennis就不善合作
But they made it work because he was an extraordinary basketball player.
extraordinary: 非常的特别的
但那样也行得通因为他是个出色的篮球选手
Unfortunately, we're not playing basketball here.
unfortunately: 不幸的
不巧的是我们在这不是在打篮球
-Claudia: It's ringing.
它响起来了
-Brande: Hi!
嗨
-Claudia: What's up? How you doing?
怎么样 最近好吗
-Brande: I have your beautiful face in the whole big screen.
整个大屏幕上都是你美丽的脸庞
-Claudia: Our task this week is to launch a really exciting videophone in front of 450 sales reps,
launch: 投放市场 videophone: 可视电话 reps: 代表(representative)
我们这周的任务是在450名推销员前宣传令人兴奋的可视电话
So that's gonna be pretty exciting and scary and daunting because I'm Project Manager.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)scary: 害怕 daunting: 令人畏惧的
我感到兴奋害怕还有些畏缩因为我是项目经理
So, we have to do well.
所以我们得做好点
-Greg: Hello.
你们好
-Girls: Hello. Hi. Welcome.
你们好 嗨欢迎
-Greg: I'm Greg. Nice to meet you.
我是Greg 很高兴见到你们
Hi Khloe How are you
嗨 Khloe 怎么样
-Khloe: We set up a meeting with two of the executives from ACN.
set up: 安排 executive: 主管
我们和两位ACN主管安排了会议
They joined us, and that was our time to kind of pick their brains and see what they wanted out of us.
他们参与进来正是我们打探他们想法的时机看看他们需要我们做些什么
-Annie: We'd love to hear from you guys exactly what kind of, you know, message you're trying to get across.
get across: 是被了解
我们想知道你们想向公众传达哪一类信息
-Tony: What we would like is an exciting, highenergy launch of this product.
highenergy: 高能的
我们想要加大力度宣传这种产品让人血液沸腾
-Greg: Why would I want to have this product in my home?
为什么在我家里要装这种产品
You know, how can I reconnect with someone that I haven't seen for a while?
reconnect: 重新联系
和某人许久未见我要怎么和他重新联系起来
You know, they'll never want to go back to the old way of communicating long-distance.
long-distance: 长距离
他们绝不会想回到以前长距离的沟通方式
You know, you want to see the person you're speaking to.
你想看见和你说话的人
-Claudia: Especially if they look good.
尤其当他们长得不错
I'm just saying.
我随口说说
-Greg: The main focus is the emotional appeal for the product.
main: 主要的 focus: 焦点 emotional: 精神的 appeal: 吸引力
重点宣传是产品的吸引力
How exciting of a launch can you create?
你们能设计出怎样令人兴奋的宣传活动
How much emotional appeal can you draw into this presentation is what is going to get you the most votes.
vote: 投票
这次展示你们能吸引多少注意力那才是你们得票的关键
-Jesse: Thanks for the info, guys. We really appreciate it.
info: 信息 appreciate: 感谢
谢谢这些提供信息伙计我们真的很感谢
-Brian: We're excited to see what you guys come up with.
come up with: 提出
我们对你们的点子拭目以待
Once we got our marching orders,I smiled and said, "We got this."
marching orders: 出发令
我们一接到任务我就笑着说 "我们搞得定"
See you tomorrow.
明天见
Pleasure. Thank you. Thanks a lot.
乐意之至谢谢 十分感谢
-Jesse: We got a task we can sink our teeth into, brother.
sink: 陷于
我们有个任务让大家尽力发挥兄弟
Yeah.
没错
-Jesse: Hey, let's get organized real quickly, the four of us.
嘿让我们四个尽快组织起来
Here's the thing
是这样的
Product launches are product launches.
launch: 宣传
产品宣传就要宣传产品
They're a spectacle.
spectacle: 场面
是大场面
Product launches always have some kind of added thing, like a concert, you know? "Here's Mariah Carey."
concert: 音乐会
产品宣传总是加些其他东西比如音乐明白吗 接下来有请Mariah Carey
But wouldn't you just rather see Brian McKnight, you know?
但你可能更想听到 Brian McKnight 对吧
As soon as we got the task,
我们一接到任务
I told Brian, "Dude, you're playing.
我就和Brian说 "伙计你得表演"
On this task, you're playing live.
这个任务需要你现场表演
You're doing the set."
set: 一套
你要做全套
You're the highlight, a live show.
highlight: 重点 live: 现场
你就是重点所在现场秀
-Brian: Ladies and gentlemen, Brian McKnight.
女士们先生们有请Brian McKnight
Every time we talk
每次我们谈话
And I sing my song, that's it.
我唱着我的歌就是那样
Our objective is to get them excited about the product.
objective: 目标
我们的目标就是让他们对产品产生兴致
So what's better than Brian McKnight to sing a song for you?
那有什么比Brian McKnight 为你献歌一首更好的主意
How about that?
那怎么样
I like it.
我喜欢它
-Clint: Hey, guys, are we gonna have a brainstorming session on the ideas?
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)brainstorming: 头脑风暴 session: 会议
嘿伙计们 我们是不是要在这些点子上一起动动脑子
-Jesse: Well, we're doing that right now.
我们现在就是正在做
-Clint: Brian really didn't delegate any of the creative stuff to me.
delegate: 分配 creative: 创新性的 stuff: 工作
Brian没交代给我做创新性的工作
He and Jesse seem to be huddling and working on what the creative direction would be, so I just stayed out of it.
huddle: 杂乱一团 stay out of: 保持不受影响
他和Jesse貌似杂乱无章地研究创新所以我置身事外
-Jesse: I got another good one.
我又想到一个好点子
Why don't we go see if there's a National Guard armory around here and film there and have people connecting with the troops?
guard: 警卫 armory: 军械库 troops: 军队
我们为何不在附近看看是否有国民警卫队的军械库以及片场把人们和军队联系起来
I told Brian I wanted to produce a little video showing the phone in action, and I wanted to do something military.
military: 军事
我告诉Brian我实际想做段小视频而且想做点和军事相关的
Hey it's Jesse James calling
嘿我是Jesse James
You know, if I'm gonna say I'm gonna go do something, I'm gonna figure out a way to do it.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)figure out: 想出
如果我说我要做点什么我会想出办法来的
I got a whole editor, editing suite, everything.
editor: 编辑 suite: 软件
我找到了编辑编辑软件 应有尽有
So, if we could make it all the way to West Point and back and film this It's 50 miles away.
West Point: 西点军校鸟瞰美国军事学院(The United States Military Academy)又称西点军校(West Point)是美国陆军的一个军事学院曾经也是陆军的军事堡垒该校位于纽约州西点在距离纽约市约80千米的北部风景如画的哈德逊河谷西岸
如果我们直奔西点拍完再回来有50英里远
-Brian: Obviously, it doesn't make sense to go to West Point, right?
make sense: 有意义
显然没必要去西点军校对吧
-Jesse: Got time.
时间还是有的
-Melissa: We're trying to create a feeling of magic.
magic: 魔法
我们试图营造不可思议之感
These are the phones of the future.
这些是未来才有的电话
They're here now.
他们现在就在这
Are we going to want to use video testimonials or content of some sort?
testimonial: 证明 content: 内容 sort: 种类
我们要用推荐视频或内容什么的吗
-Claudia: Oh, can we?
我们可以吗
-Melissa: No. Do you want to?
不你想要吗
Do we have the time to shoot and edit?
shoot: 拍摄
我们还有时间拍摄编辑吗
-Annie: The product launch had to be very exciting, emotional, energetic, and a stage show.
stage: 舞台
产品宣传得刺激、动情、积极 还要有舞台表演
So, that was the big kicker,the stage show part.
那才是重头戏舞台表演
Just so we're all on the same page,
要步调一致
let's run down what's gonna happen.
run down: 查找出 gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我们接下来会做些什么事
Can you tell me the three things, please?
麻烦告诉我那三个场景是什么
-Claudia: Yes, I can tell you the three things.
行我来告诉你那三个场景
Okay, first vignette is a mother and her child.
vignette: 小场景
好了第一个场景妈妈和她的孩子
Husband is on a business trip or wife can be on business trip either one you think is more powerful we'll go with.
powerful: 强大的
丈夫在出差换成妻子也可以们设定谁更厉害就选谁
So, to create an emotional presentation,
emotional: 情绪的 presentation: 描述
所以尽力渲染气氛
We decided to write scenes showing families using the videophone.
scene: 场景
我们决定场景设置为使用可视电话的家庭
Some of it was going to be actors on stage,
部分需要演员登台
and then the other part, we'd have actors on video that we prerecorded.
prerecord: 预先录制
剩下那部分我们用事先录好的视频
-Melissa: My mom should open with the history of the phone.
我妈妈以电话的历史开场
So, the open...with the details of it.
detail: 细节
所以 开场时用细节介绍
It's a 7inch, highresolution, digitalscreen phone.
highresolution: 高分辨率 digitalscreen: 数字屏幕
七寸高分辨率好数字屏幕的电话
Right.
对了
Even though my mom's not here today, she's gonna be here tomorrow for the presentation.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
尽管我妈妈今天不在这明天她会来做陈述
My mom's role in this is she's gonna open the show with something funny, and then she's gonna work the audience in between vignette changes.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)audience: 观众 vignette: 电视广告
我妈妈出演时会以滑稽话开场之后她还要在场景交换间对观众说明
I don't think there's anyone better to host our presentation than Joan Rivers.
host: 主持
我不觉得有谁比Joan Rivers 更适合主持这场陈述
Good morning, Mom.
早上好妈妈
-Joan: Good morning, good morning.
早上好早上好
-Melissa: Let me let you talk to Claudia for a sec, okay?
你和Claudia说一下好吗
-Joan: Anything you want.
随你
-Claudia: Hey, Miss Joan.
嘿 Joan小姐
Listen, maybe if you can prepare like three minutes of material.
material: 材料
听着你能不能准备三分钟的简述
-Melissa: She's performing it.
由她来说
-Claudia: You know you're gonna be performing, right?
你知道你得表演出来对吧
-Joan: Now I know it.
现在我明白了
-Claudia: Okay. I'm sorry.
好了抱歉
Joan is flying in the morning.
Joan早上正在飞机上
We need her. She is our point person.
我们需要她她是核心人物
She's the person who's gonna give the presentation.
她将给出展示
Joan's a pro. I really, really trust her comedic timingand her sense of what's funny.
pro:【口】=professional comedic: 喜剧的 timing: (完成某事所)占用的时间
Joan是个专家我真得很相信她对笑点的把握和她的幽默细胞
Thank you so much. And we'll look for the email.
真感谢你我们会等着电邮
-Joan: I'll start working. Okay.
我会开始工作的好的
-Claudia: Okay, goodbye, goodbye.
好的再见
-Joan: Bye! Bye! Bye!
拜 拜
-Claudia: Okay, now, let's get some clarity, because I know half of us are thinking we're doing a reenactment and half of us think we're doing video.
clarity: 清晰 reenactment: 重新制定(再次扮演)
好的现在让我们说清楚因为我知道我们一半在考虑重演另一半考虑做视频
-Tionne: I just wanted to ask a question, 'cause I kept getting confused.
confuse: 困惑
我只是想问个问题因为我总会觉得困惑
So, the baby and the mom are on tape.
孩子和妈妈在录像上
On the other end, is the dad onstage or is he on video, so I can be clear?
onstage: 台上
另一方面父亲是在台上还是在视频里我要问清楚
-Claudia: I would like to be able to do the ones that we can do live, 'cause I think it's probably more impactful.
我想演出那些现场的角色因为我觉得这可能更有效
But I don't want to leave a family one out.
但我不想遗漏一个家庭
I've been frustrated a lot in the brainstorm sessions, 'cause it's just crazy.
frustrate: 挫败
创作阶段的会议上我真要疯了
I thought the whole thing was gonna be taped
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) tape: 录像
我以为整个都是录像的
-Tionne: Then it went to taped and live, all live.
然后变成半录像半现场最后变成全部都是现场
It was just confusion,so I had to go back and be like, "Okay, what are we doing again?"
confusion: 混乱
太混乱了所以我问 "那个我们是在干吗 "
While we're here,I just need to see what's onstage and what's on there.
观众在场时需要看舞台还是看大屏幕呢
-Melissa: Maybe it would be more impactful if they were like, "I wish I could see"
impactful: 有效的
也许变成"我希望我能看见" 会更有效
Like, just kind of that whole vibe, like "I wish I could see you” No, no.
vibe: 氛围
整个氛围就像"我希望能看见你" 不是不
-Brande: We started trying to brainstorm ideas and thinking of what we were gonna do.
brainstorm: 集思广益
我们开始尽力想点子考虑下一步怎么走
And there was no structure,and we kind of really didn't know what was going on.
structure: 结构
没什么结构框架我们确实不知道发生了什么
We really needed Joan for this task.
这项任务我们真的需要Joan
She was gonna do the opening.
她本来得弄开幕式
She's gonna do the comedy act.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)comedy: 喜剧
她得演出喜剧那一出
You know, we needed something to liven this act up, and she was the person to do it.
act up: 胡闹
你知道我们需要人演活这出而她就是那个人
-Melissa: My mom doesn’t land until ten thirty.
我妈十点半才下飞机
-Claudia: Tomorrow?
明天
-Melissa: YEAH.
对
-Claudia: Okay. Damn it.
好吧该死的
So, Melissa gets a phone call from Joan.
Melissa接到Joan打来的电话
Turns out that she will not be back in time for the presentation.
turn out: 证明 presentation: 陈述
结果发现她来不及赶回来做陈述
I know. This is not good.
我知道不好办了
-Brande: Her plane gets in at10:30?
她的飞机十点半到
-Claudia: Yes. She's good, but I don't think anyone's that good.
是她好了我们其余人就不好了
So, let's try to prepare for a plan "B," unfortunately.
unfortunately: 不幸地
那不巧我们要尽力准备一下B计划
Right now, we're like the Patriots at the Super Bowl without Tom Brady.
patriot: 决战时刻 super: 超级 bowl: 碗
现在我们就像超级杯没了Tom Brady (美国职业橄榄球星)
We have no quarterback right now.
quarterback: 四分卫
少了我们的四分卫
I'm gonna stay calm.
我得保持镇定
-Herschel: So, we left and headed over to West Point.
所以我们去了西点军校
One thing that we wanted in our presentation we wanted it to be real,
我们的展示要做到一点 真实
So Jesse had made contact with someone up there that could get us in
make contact with: 与…联系
Jesse已经跟那边的一个人联络了能让我们进去
And get us an opportunity to meet with some of the cadets,
cadet: 军官学校学生
还能让我们有机会见一些军校学员
And that's the way we started.
这就是我们开始的方式
-Jesse: Dennis, He's got a lot of problems.
Dennis 他有很多问题
-Herschel: Oh, geez.
geez: 口语拜托
哎
But I smell little fumes on him.
fume: 臭气
但我嗅到了他身上的酒气
Yeah.
是的
How can you drink all the time?
人怎么能一直喝酒呢
Dennis was a liability in the last task.
liability: 责任
Dennis上周是我们的一个不利条件
If Dennis shows up,I think the first thing Brian needs to do is talk to him.
show up: 出现
如果Dennis出现我想Brian要做的第一件事就是跟他谈谈
He's got to evaluate him.
evaluate: 评估
他得衡量他的价值
If he feel that Dennis is gonna be a liability,
如果他觉得Dennis是个不利因素
He’s got to make that decision that he can't be here.
他会做出不让他留下的决定
If he thinks Dennis is here to work and be a part of the team,
如果他觉得Dennis来这儿是作为团队的一份子而工作的
I think he's got to bring him back.
我想他会把他带回来
-Jesse: Poor Dennis.
可怜的Dennis
I think he's got a lot of problems, and it's not us.
我想他遇到了很多麻烦而麻烦不在于我们
-Claudia: Okay, now that we have a quiet room,
好了现在我们有间安静的屋子
Let’s try to prepare for a plan "B."
我们来准备B计划
Okay, well, let's get another comedienne.
comedienne: 女喜剧演员
我们再找一个女喜剧演员吧
I don't want to replace Joan. I want her to do it.
replace: 替换
我不想换掉Joan 我想让她来演
This is a major presentation, and Joan, who's my star
major: 主要的 presentation: 展示
这是主要的展示 Joan 我的明星
She's not gonna make it back in time,
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
她不能及时回来
So we don't really know if she's gonna be up to speed by the time we go onstage.
onstage: 在台上
所以我们真的不知道上台前她能不能赶回来
Who knows?
谁知道呢
Stress.
压力好大
So, when do you think she gets done, like at midnight?
midnight: 午夜
你觉得她什么时候能完呢午夜吗
-Natalie: Just put her on a private plane.
private: 私人的
把她扔进一架私人飞机里
She can get here any hours she wants
她喜欢几点去就几点去
-Claudia: Can you do it?
行吗
-Natalie: Yeah. I have a private plane.
对啊我有架私人飞机
I have a sponsor that does my private travel on tour.
sponsor: 赞助者 on tour: 巡回中
我有个帮我准备私人旅行的资助人
I need you to send a plane.
我需要一架飞机
And I called them up and said,
并且我打电话给他们说
Hey, I need to get Joan Rivers from Dallas to New York at 10:30 tonight.
"嘿我想让Joan River今天十点半从达拉斯到纽约"
Can you help me?"
你们能帮我么
And they said, "No problem. We're on it."
然后他们说 "没问题我们着手准备"
-Claudia: Thank you, Natalie. You're a hero.
谢谢你 Natalie 你是英雄
-Girls: Hi! Hi!
嗨 嗨
-Don Jr.: That's the kind of reaction I like to get from a roomful of women.
reaction: 反应 roomful: 满屋
这正是我进到一个满屋女人的房间时想得到的反应
This is perfect.
perfect: 完美的
完美
-Brande: Don Jar’s always a welcomed sight
welcomed: 受欢迎的 sight: 风景
小Don总是道受欢迎的风景
Because I feel like he always has good things to say about us.
因为我觉得他总有好消息要说
It's fun when he comes in the room.
他进来的时候很有趣
We like teasing him. We like flirting with him.
tease: 戏弄 flirt: 玩弄
我们喜欢捉弄他跟他开玩笑
-Don Jr.: The problem with you guys is you're making my job very difficult.
问题的关键在于你们这些家伙让我工作困难
I come in here. I watch you.
我到这来视察你们
Everything's perfect. The men are a total disaster.
disaster: 灾难
一切都很完美男队那边是个大灾难
-Melissa: That throws down today...
throw down: 推翻
那边今天闹翻了
-Claudia: Clint is so smug and arrogant.
smug: 自以为是 arrogant: 傲慢的
Clint太自以为是太傲慢了
-Girls: I thought he was gonna hit Clint for a minute.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我想他那时候想对Clint动手了
-Don Jr.: Oh, I missed it, yeah.
哦我错过了是的
-Brande: Let's reenact it.
reenact: 再次扮演
让我们来重现
Let me play Dennis.
我扮演Dennis
-Tionne: You're Dennis, and I'm Clint.
你是Dennis 我是Clint
-Claudia: Brande and Tionne were reenacting this morning's crazy drama
drama: 剧情
Brande和Tionne在重现今天早晨的疯狂一幕
When Dennis Rodman totally screamed on little Clint Black.
scream: 吼叫
Dennis Rodman对弱小的 Clint Black大吼
-Tionne: You think you're all that. You think it's about you.
你认为自己就是全部了你只想着自己
-Brande: you. I don't need this show.
我不需要这节目
You think you're all that mother.
你以为你他妈的是
-Tionne: That's how tall he was.
这才是他的高度
-Brande: I'm sick of this
be sick of: 对 厌倦(厌恶)
我受够了这些
You think you're better than me?
你认为你比我强
You ain’t, you ain't.
ain’t: =are not
你不是你不是
-Claudia: The men's team is falling apart.
男队散了
So, for us to blow it against a team that's clearly in shambles.
shambles: 废墟
所以对我们来说输给那样的队是种耻辱
We just can't blow this one.
我们这次不能输
-Don Jr.: So, what's going on?
那么 这儿发生什么了
-Girls: We're just about to go over some rehearsals.
rehearsal: 排练
我们正要润色一下预演
-Don Jr.: Very nice.
很好
They seemed really loose
loose: 松的
她们看起来真的很放松
They're up there joking around with me having a good time
她们在那围着我开玩笑很愉快
I mean they really seem to be working together on it
我是说她们真的像是在一起工作
-Brian: Play that beginning for me again.
再给我演一遍开头
Do you want that...?
你想要那个
No, give me that.
不给我那个
That's what I want at the top the...
那是我想在高潮部分用的 那个
The thing I sang to you.
我唱给你的那个
So, do this for me
这么办
Give me the top of that with just the synths.
synth: [电子]合成器
只用合成器演奏高潮部分
It's always fun to make music.
做音乐总是很有意思
This was an opportunity for me to use my talents and get it done.
talent: 天赋
对我来说这是一次展现天赋的机会并且做好它
After four bars of that, give me the four on the floor with that.
bar: 小节
那之后的四小节用那个弹很棒的四小节
All right. All right.
好的好的
-Clint: Brian, question for you from me.
Brian 我有问题问你
-Brian: Okay.
好的
-Clint: You're making a track for when all this other stuff you're talking about's going on.
track: 踪迹 stuff: 东西
你在做其它情节发生时要用的音乐
And you've already written it?
那么你已经写好了么
-Brian: I've already written it.
我已经写好了
-Clint: Yeah?
是吗
-Brian: 'Cause
因为
I just played it. Huh?
我刚刚唱的就是啥
Yeah. I just played it just now.
是我刚刚就唱过了
-Clint: All right.
好的
If you want to bounce it off anyone,I'd, you know, be happy to...
bounce off: 掂量考虑
如果你想听听别人的意见我会很乐意
-Brian: I knew Clint had some ideas, but Clint's show comes from a different place,
我知道Clint有些新点子但是Clint的表演来自不同的地方
And I wasn't actually sure how many country music fans were going to be there.
actually: 实际上 country music: 乡村音乐 fan: 迷
而且我不太清楚那儿会有多少乡村音乐迷
It's not a democracy.It is a dictatorship.
democracy: 民主 dictatorship: 独裁
这不是民主是独裁
Hey, Clint, call the choreographer.
choreographer: 舞蹈指导
Clint 给舞蹈指导打电话
We need four dancers, female.
female: 女性
我们要四个舞蹈演员 女的
We could even tell... what we need musically.
musically: 音乐上地
我们都不能告诉人家 音乐上我们需要什么
I don't want to deal with that.
我不想处理那些
-Dan: This is Dan.
我是Dan
-Clint: Dan, Clint Black.
Dan 我是Clint Black
-Dan: Hey, there.
嘿你好
-Clint: You're helping us out with our presentation tomorrow.
我们明天的展示你会帮忙
-Dan: Oh, that's right.
是这样
-Brian: Hey, Clint, I need a motif.
motif: 装饰图案
嘿 Clint 我需要一个装饰图案
-Clint: We need a motif.
我们需要装饰图
-Brian: Let's make a list.
我们列个单子吧
-Clint: I'm sorry, Dan. Hang on.
对不起 Dan 别挂
We're just multitasking here
multitask: 多重任务
我们得处理多重任务
I think Brian utilized me for something that just about anyone can do
utilize: 利用
我认为Brian用我去做些任何人都能做的事情
I think just about any bonehead can make phone calls and line people up
Bonehead: 笨蛋
我想任何傻瓜都能打电话连线别人
And so all I have to do in this task is rise to the level of bonehead so far
而且到现在我在这个任务里要做的就是上升到傻瓜的高度
Now uh
现在唔
-Brian: I need drums, bass, guitar.
drum: 鼓 bass: 贝司 guitar: 吉他
我需要鼓贝司吉他
-Clint: Hey, Dan, hang on one second.
嘿 Dan 等一会
I've, you know, produced one show after another for 20 years on tour,
我已经连续不断地演出20年了
but, you know, I've been kind of kept in my little box just making phone calls.
但是 我只能守着电话机打电话
-Brian: I need a smoke machine, microphones, the lighting board, and the lights.
microphone: 麦克风 lighting: 灯光 board: 板
我需要造烟机麦克风灯板和灯光
And we will need stuff here today.
要今天送过来
It was a well oiled machine for this particular task.
oiled: 涂油的 particular: 特别的 task: 任务
对这个任务来说它是很好的润滑机器
I think, finally, everyone's learning how to take direction from the leader,
我想最后每个人都会学到怎样跟着领导者的方向
and the leader's is leading.
跟着指挥走
-Clint: Two pizzas with extra cheese and sausage on them.
sausage: 香肠
两个额外加奶酪和香肠的比萨饼
-Dan: Got that.
知道了
-Clint: Sausage and extra cheese. You got it. Bye.
sausage: 香肠 extra: 额外的 cheese: 奶酪
香肠和额外的奶酪记好了拜拜
-Dan: There you go, buddy.
收到了
-Clint: Good lord.
lord: 上帝
天哪
-Melissa: Claudia, with doing it this way,
Claudia 这么做
We’re also banking on a suspension of disbelief
bank on: 指望 suspension: 中止 disbelief: 不信任
我们同样在指望不信任的中止
The whole idea is even if it doesn't logically make sense
logically: 逻辑上 make sense: 言之有理
尽管这逻辑上没有道理
and the guy walks in and says "Now ” the whole place is gonna go
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
然后那些人走近说 "现在" 整个场景要大吃一惊
and get caught up in the moment
get caught up in: 陷入
然后在那一刻明白
The point is the emotional payoff
emotional: 感情的 payoff: 产生结果的
要点是感情
My gut says that
我的内心告诉我
-Natalie: I agree, but then I also feel like we're taking away from the phone.
take away from: 从…脱离
我同意但是我也觉得我们脱离了电话的主题
Like they're gonna be like
他们会想
What the did that even have anything to do with
做这些到底是要干什么
-Melissa: Are you kidding? The‘re all gonna be crying.
kidding: 开玩笑
你不是说笑吧她们都会被你弄哭的
-Girls: No they won’t.
不会的
-Natalie: I feel like we need to be a lot farther along at this point.
我感觉我们在这一点很有分歧
Our team is woefully behind
woefully: 不幸地
我们的团队很不幸地落后了
-Melissa: I'm just trying to get it done so we know what we need to do
我只是想让它完成这样我们才知道要做什么
and we know what we need to shoot and get some form to
shoot: 拍摄
我们才知道我们要拍什么然后得到一些
What we need to have ready for the presentation.
presentation: 展示
为展示做准备所需的内容
Here's what I came up with as the vignettes.
come up with: 提出 vignettes: 小片段
对于短片我有这个想法
The first one is either "Say good night, Daddy,"
第一个可以是"说晚安爸爸"
Baby steps or a son recapping a game to his dad.
step: 迈步 recap: 扼要重述
宝宝的脚步或者一个儿子在向爸爸玩新的游戏
I don't think Claudia was leading the team at that point, and I was getting crazy.
crazy: 疯狂的
我认为Claudia没有把团队带到点子上我要疯了
I don't mean to keep throwing out ideas,
我不是想要抛弃那些想法
But, you guys, don't tell me until you can give it to me clearly and succinctly.
succinctly: 简洁地
但是大家你们能说得简洁清楚之后再告诉我
-Claudia: Here's the thing.
就是这样的
Can I just say something as Project Manager? Mmhmm.
我能以项目经理的身份说点什么么
I understand you produce a lot of things,
我了解你做了很多
And I think that's why you're getting frustrated,
frustrate: 灰心丧气
我想那也是你难过的原因
Because it's like not everything that you want to do.
因为这看起来不是你想做的一切
-Melissa: 'Cause you're not making decisions.
'Cause: =because
因为不是你在做决定
-Claudia: No Wait, wait, wait, Melissa.
不 等等 Melissa
I know we're not, because every time we come close,
我知道我们不是 因为每次我们接近一点了
You throw in something else, and it's like everybody up.
你就会说些别的什么 好像大家都很同意
-Melissa: I'm not married to any of my ideas.
我不是抱着我的观点不放
-Claudia: I'm not trying to, like, disrespect you.
disrespect: 失礼
我不是不尊重你
-Melissa: I feel like, you guys,
我觉得大家
I'm the one who has the hands-on technical experience
hands-on: 亲手实践的 technical: 技术的 experience: 经历
我是那个有实际技术经验的人
-Claudia: Oh, Melissa, Melissa, Melissa.
哎 Melissa Melissa Melissa
She didn't even have to tell me she's an only child to know that she's definitely one.
她不需要说我就知道她是家里的独女
She's a spoiled brat. We know this.
spoiled: 被溺爱的 brat: 乳臭未干的小孩
她是个被溺爱的小孩子我们知道
And her job today, I’m sorry; it’s not to be the boss.
今天的她 很抱歉还不是老板
-Melissa: I'm just getting a little frustrated because we're all getting so ethereal, other than what's realistic and what we can pull off.
ethereal: 不切实际 realistic: 现实 pull off: 努力实现
我有点难过因为我们都变得不切实际超越了现实不是我们所能实现的
-Claudia: Here's the thing, Melissa.
问题是 Melissa
We got so far away from what the three skits were,and then you came in reading copy.
skit: 滑稽短片
有三个短片的任务我们进展缓慢你过来看复印件
-Melissa: I'm sorry if I wrote too fast.
如果写得太潦草那很抱歉
I took the idea and ran with it. You're too good.
我想到了点子就飞速写下来 你好得不得了
-Claudia: Well, I had to, like, put her in her place
我必须不让她越俎代庖
because we were trying to come up with our plan, and she just keeps talking.
come up with: 想出
因为我们在想计划而她一直不停地说
So everyone's getting confused,
confuse: 困惑
那么每个人都会很困惑
and I saw the look of frustration on Khloe's face, on Natalie's face.
我看见Khloe和Natalie脸上失落的表情
People are shaking their heads.
人们都在摇头
I felt like I was letting my team down.
我感觉我让我的团队士气低落
So I had to kind of stand up to Melissa
stand up to: 对抗
所以某种程度上我必须和Melissa对立
and tell her, basically, "Shut up, be quiet, hold on."
basically: 基本上 hold on: 等一等
然后告诉她 "闭嘴保持安静"
She did not like that one bit.
bit: 一点儿
她一点也不喜欢那样
-Melissa: This is what I do for a living.
这就是我的工作
-Claudia: I know.
我知道
-Melissa: This is what I do.
这就是我做的事情
And you really talked down to me
你的话真的很打击我
-Claudia: You think I talk down to you?
你认为我的话在打击你
-Melissa: It's like it was very, like..."Okay."
那很像是 "好吧"
Claudia was trying to completely cut me out.
completely: 完全
Claudia试图完全将我孤立
It felt so personal that I was shocked.
personal: 个人的 shock: 震动
我很震惊这简直就是私人恩怨
Shocked.
震惊极了
You attacked what I do for a living.
attack: 攻击
你攻击我的工作
-Claudia: I'm not attacking what you do for a living.
我没有攻击你的职业
-Melissa: But that's what it felt like.
但是感觉就是那样
You know what?
你知道么
Let's just stop now, 'cause I just want to do my work.
'cause: =because 因为
我们停止吧我只想做好工作
-Claudia: I want you to.
我想也是
-Melissa: Okay.
好的
-Claudia: I don't like her personality. I think she looks funny.
personality: 个性
我不喜欢她的个性她很搞笑
She scares me. I don't know if she's happy or sad or pissed off
scare: 恐吓 piss off: 生气
她吓到我了我不知道她是高兴 还是悲伤 是气急了
'cause it's the same blank look in her eyes and the forehead doesn't move.
blank look: 发呆的样子 forehead: 前额
因为她眼里是同样的眼白额头也不动
And if Joan Rivers wasn't around,
如果没有Joan Rivers
There would be no Melissa Rivers on television or producing or anything,
television: 电视
也不会有个Melissa Rivers出现在电视上或者做制片或者别的什么
and that's a fact.
这是事实
-Clint: I believe that he's going to pick it up and deliver it.
pick up: 拾起 deliver: 传递
我相信他会准备好带过去的
-Dan: All right.
很好
-Clint: Dan, let me just verify a little more info.
verify: 核实
Dan 让我来核实一下信息
And I just want to make sure I understand what all my costs are gonna be.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我只是想确定一下我是如何支配我的开销的
Dan, can I call you back?
Dan 我可以等会给你回电话吗
-Dennis: I don’t quit for not thing.
quit: 退出
我不会随便退出的
I played professional sports, and the one thing you always do.
professional: 职业的
我是职业搞体育的经常做的
You got to help each other out no matter what the situation is,
situation: 情况
就是不论在什么情况下都要互相帮助
If it's good, bad, ugly, whatever.
ugly: 丑陋
不管是好是坏还是丑陋
You got to help them out, bro.
help out: 克服困难
你都要帮助他们克服困难
I'm trying to be a team player right now.
我正在努力成为团队里的一员
I'm not that big of an ass.
ass: 捣蛋鬼
我不是捣蛋鬼
Yo, yo, I'm still working.
我还在努力
I'm still part of the team.
我还是团队里的一员
I'm trying to help, brother, that's it.
我想帮忙兄弟就是这么简单
Every little bit I can put in, I'll put in.
只要是我可以的我就会做
-Clint: Hey, Brian?
Brian
Well, you know, we have a team member, who returned,
你知道我们有一个团队成员要回归
and that's just something you're gonna have to figure out how you want to deal with.
figure out: 弄清楚
你需要好好考虑你要怎么做
-Brian: He's loose cannon.
loose cannon: 我行我素不顾后果的人
他是个失败者
I would rather he stay downstairs or stay someplace else.
我宁愿让他呆在楼下或者别的地方
-Dennis: Even in the NBA, I was always the one they always target.
target: 把…作为目标
就算在NBA我也经常是千夫所指
Always targeted, but guess what.
虽然经常被当成目标
I didn't win six championships for no reason.
championship: 冠军
但我还是获得了6次总冠军
So, you know, I'm just gonna go up there and do my thing.
所以我要回到楼上做我应该做的事
And if they want to use me, great.
如果他们需要我那就太好了
If they don't want to use me, that's fine, too.
如果他们不需要我这也没什么
-Ivanka: Hi, guys. How's it going, Brian?
大家好现在怎么样了 Brian
Everything going well?
一切顺利么
-Brian: Everything's going fine.
一切顺利
Just 'cause this is finally a task I think
只是因为到了最后
that is a little more on an even playing field.
所以我认为事情都上了轨道
-Ivanka: Yeah.
对
-Brian: So, we'll definitely have some exciting things that are happening.
我们这里发生了些令人兴奋的事
Jesse's gone to film one thing that if we get that the right way, it's just... hits home with everyone.
Jesse要去拍摄如果做好了的话大家就都美到家了
It's gonna be awesome
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)awesome: 了不起
这真是太棒了
-Ivanka: And Herschel is with Jesse?
Herschel是和Jesse在一起
-Brian: Herschel's with Jesse.
恩
-Ivanka: Okay.
是的
And then that's it. I can't believe that's
所以这些已成定局我真是不敢相信
-Brian: That's it. Skeleton crew.
skeleton crew: 骨干力量
是啊所有干将
-Ivanka: Yeah.
是啊
-Brian: But we don't have a babysitter,
babysitter: 保姆
但是我们没有保姆
So I don't know really what to do with Dennis.
我真的是对Dennis无可奈何
-Ivanka: Yeah.
是啊
I'll go ask him what his thoughts are. All right.
我要去问问他到底是怎么想的 好的
Dennis, why are you over there?
Dennis 你为什么要在那边
Come over and join the group.
过来和大家在一起吧
The boys they are several men down.
男士们有些已经被淘汰了
I think that Brian should humble himself to a certain degree and say, "Dennis, look, we can use you.
humble: 使 卑下 to a certain degree: 在某种程度上
我认为Brian应该放下身段对Dennis说"Dennis 我们可以让你加入”
"I don't like you, but we need you,
虽然我不喜欢你但我们需要你
And we'd appreciate you to actively join this task."
appreciate: 欣赏 actively: 积极地
我们希望你能积极地加入到我们中间来"
Go help your team.
去帮助你的团队吧
-Dennis: Off earlier, they turned their back on me.
我已经提议过了但是他们没理我
They turn their back on me again, what do you want me to do?
他们没理我你说我该怎么做
-Ivanka: Yeah.
是啊
-Dennis: Just sit here all day and not do anything?
就坐在那里无所事事么
-Ivanka: Fair enough.
fair enough: 将的好
我明白你的意思
-Dennis: If we lose this task...
如果我们这次输了
Brian can’t blame it on me.
blame on: 责备
Brian可不能怪我了
He can't blame it on me 'cause you know what? I came back.
他不能怪我因为我回来了以后
He took control of everything.
他掌控着一切
-Ivanka: Well, good luck. Hopefully you guys win.
hopefully: 有希望地
好运祝愿你们能赢
Take care.
保重
-Dennis: Meanwhile, what the situation is I’m here as a team.
meanwhile: 同时
现在不管发生什么情况 我都是组里的一员
So if anybody screws this task up,
screw up: 搞砸
所以如果有人把这事给搞砸了
It’s gonna be Brian and not Dennis Rodman.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
那将是Brian而不是Dennis Rodman
-Dan: This is Dan.
我是Dan
-Clint: Dan, Clint Black.
Dan Clint Black
What's the cash amount?
总共有多少现金
-Dan: The cash amount is $4, 82119.
cash: 现金 amount: 总计
总共是$482119
-Clint: Okay, hang on.
hang on: 不挂断
好的等一下
Brian, we're being hit with a bill for about $4,800.
Brian 我们现在需要花$4800
-Brian: For?
为了什么
-Dan: Most of that's for the monitor system.
monitor: 监控
监控设备需要一大笔
-Dennis: Clint Black, how much do the monitors cost?
Clint Black 监控设备大约要花多少
-Clint: About $4,800.
大概$4800
-Dennis: I can get the monitors if you want the monitors.
如果你们想要的话我可以拿到监控设备
-Clint: For free?
for free: 免费
免费吗
-Dennis: I can get them if you want them.
我可以拿到
-Clint: Okay, hang on. Brian?
好的等一下 Brian
Well, Dennis speaks.
Dennis有办法
-Brian: Is he gonna be able to provide all that stuff without charging us?
provide: 提供 stuff: 东西 charge: 掌管
他可以免费提供所需用品吗
-Dennis: Yep.
是的
-Brian: I don't need the distraction.
distraction: 分心
我不受诱惑
I didn't want him anywhere near here infecting our work site.
infect: 影响 site: 地点
我不希望他在这里影响我们工作
-Dennis: I got to say, I'm part of the team.
但是我必须强调我是团队的一员
No matter what the situation, I'm part of the team.
不管是什么情况我都是团队的一员
I'm trying to help, brother, that's it.
我只是想帮忙兄弟就是这样
So, if you don't want to use my resources that are fine.
resource: 资源
所以如果你不需要我的帮助我不介意
So...
就是这样
-Brian: If you go to the dictionary and look up "drama,"
dictionary: 字典 look up: 查阅 drama: 戏剧
如果你去查字典看看词条"小丑"
there is a picture of Dennis Rodman there.
你会看到Dennis Rodman的照片
No definition necessary.
definition: 定义
不需要别的解释
So, I don't want Dennis here.
我不需要Dennis
-Claudia: Okay, this first piece is basically to show that this phone
好的第一部分是想表现这个电话
you can leave a video message.
可以发送视频信息
So, that's the first thing we need to film.
所以这是我们首先需要录的
-Brande: So, our team has decided to actually hire a production crew
actually: 实际上 hire: 雇佣 crew: 全体人员
所以我们组决定雇用一个人
to come in and shoot part of the vignettes,
shoot: 拍摄 vignettes: 短片
来拍摄短片
Cause it goes together with what we're gonna be doing onstage.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) onstage: 在台上
因为这和我们在台上表演的息息相关
-Claudia: So, as the saying goes in Hollywood, never work with animals or babies.
好莱坞流行的说法不要跟动物或者小孩一起工作
So, we're trying to get the kid to, like, take like two or three steps.
我们正努力让这个小孩走上两三步
I mean, the clock is ticking.
tick: 滴答声
时光飞逝
We don't really have that much time,and this kid is not cooperating.
cooperate: 合作
我们没有太多时间孩子还不是很合作
I've already dealt with enough babies... and other words that begin with "B's" on my team.
我应付过很多小孩了还有我们组里那些贱人
You know what?
你知道吗
You can use this, like, "What's the matter?
你可以用这个像这样 "怎么了"
Let's call Daddy. Let's call Daddy."
我们去找爸爸吧
And maybe that's why he's sad.
他可能是因为这个不开心
-Annie: Oh, my God.
我的天啊
The room was chaos.
chaos: 混乱
这里太乱了
The baby's screaming, and I'm just going like,
screaming: 尖叫声
小孩还在哭闹我对自己说
What the hell is going on here?"
the hell: 到底
这里到底发生了什么事
I mean, it was seriously like the seventh rung of hell.
seriously: 认真地
就好像是地狱敲响了第七下钟声
You know?
你明白么
You want this? You want this?
你想要这样么你喜欢这样么
I'll be over here.
我过去一下
Hey, Khloe, why you look stressed?
stressed: 有压力的
Khloe 你怎么看起来很有压力
-Khloe: I'm not stressed.
我没有
-Annie: Yeah, right.
是啊
I just felt like, at that point, this was just gonna be a disaster, like an embarrassing disaster.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) embarrassing: 令人为难的 disaster: 灾难
那时候我的感觉是这是一场灾难令人难堪的灾难
Okay. Okay. We're done.
好的好的我们完成了
We're done with him. Let them go home.
我们拍完他了让他们回家吧
Thank you.
谢谢
-Jesse: Took us the better part of two hours to get up to West Point.
我们花了差不多两个小时才到西点军校
This is my way of working.
这是我工作的方式
We don't even know what we're gonna do today,
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我们甚至不知道今天要做什么
and then we're at West Point making it happen.
但是我们已经到了西点军校来制造奇迹
You know, we could have easily just said, "Screw it.
我们可以很轻松地说"见鬼吧"
I don't want to go all the way up to West Point to film."
我可不想大老远到西点军校去拍摄
But we've been getting spanked pretty well by the girls,
spank: 拍打
但是我们被女生那组鞭策着
So we need to do something that they can't do.
所以我们需要做一些她们不能做的事情
And I guarantee that none of them chicks could get on this military base like I did.
guarantee: 保证 chicks: 雏鸡【这里指人】 military: 军事 base: 基地
我保证他们没有任何人可以像我一样来到军事基地
A lot of this is pretty nice, huh?
很多东西都很不错
Once we got there...
我们到了那儿
Let's go.
出发吧
...it kind of sucked because the place is so amazing,
sucked: 让人遗憾的 amazing: 令人惊异的
很遗憾我们没有时间
but we had no time to check it out.
check out: 参观
去参观这么棒的地方
How you doing?
你怎么样
-Rich: Hello, there.
你好
-Herschel: Herschel Walker. How you doing?
Herschel Walker 你好吗
-Rich: Jesse James. Nice to meet you.
Jesse James 很高兴认识你
-Jesse: Once we got there,
我们到了那
I picked the one dude out to be kind of the star,
dude: 伙计
我选中了一个人来拍摄
Cause he was about the best looking dude of the bunch.
因为他是他们中最上镜的
"Okay, you're an actor now."
好的你现在是演员了
What are you thinking?
你觉得怎么样
I think that establishing the shot that he's at the angle.
angle: 角度 establish: 建立
我想从这个角度来取他的远景
Okay.
好的
Okay, here it goes, guys.
好的开始了
We're rolling.
我们开始吧
-Rich: Hi. How's it going?
嗨你好吗
Good to see you, too. How you doing?
很高兴见到你你好么
Now say "I miss you."
现在说"我想你"
I miss you.
我想你
-Jesse: Now say "Why'd you sleep with my best friend?"
说"为什么和我最好的朋友睡 "
Now you're saying, "Why you having Tyrone's baby?"
说"为什么会怀Tyrone的孩子"
This could either look really cool or really dumb.
dumb: 愚蠢的
这会要么很成功要么很糟糕
You never know, but, hey, U.S. military, west Point Academy cadets.
military: 军队 academy: 学院 cadets: 学员
我们并不知道但是 这是美军西点军校学生
You can't go wrong with that.
这个怎么会错
-Rich: Enjoying?
开心吗
-Brian: Hey, Clint, find out what's the biggest image we can project on the screen.
image: 图像 project: 放映 screen: 屏幕
Clint 看看在这个银幕上我们可以看的最大图像
-Clint: All right.
好啊
We certainly could have used a fifth man,
certainly: 当然
我们可以用上那个闲人
but we needed a fifth man who was gonna be productive.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)productive: 有成效的
但是我们需要一个有用的
So, I decided I'm just gonna start prodding at him.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)prodding: 刺激
所以我决定让他打打杂
What happened, Dennis?
怎么样 Dennis
Where did we go wrong?
我们做错了什么吗
-Dennis: Doesn't even matter, buddy.
没关系了
-Clint: I don't know where we went wrong.
我不觉得我们有错什么
-Dennis: Bro, a guy had a bad day, and he took it out on somebody.
一个人过了很糟的一天 他只是发泄在某个人身上
So what? That's it.
那又怎么样 不怎么样
Simple as that. You know?
simple: 简单
很简单你懂么
-Clint: You still take me out to gay bars?
gay: 同性恋 bars: 酒吧
你还会带我去同性恋酒吧么
-Dennis: I'll take you anywhere you want to go.
我会带你去任何你想去的地方
Anywhere you want to go, bro.
任何地方
-Clint: Dennis is kind of aloof, but Dennis has a lot to offer.
aloof: 冷淡的
Dennis有些孤僻但是他能提供很多帮助
And even if Dennis is making big mistakes,
就算Dennis做错了
He can still pull a rabbit out of a hat.
pull a rabbit out of a hat: 寓意另辟蹊径出其不意
他还是可以起死回生
-Brande: It's Brande.
我是Brande
I just want to let you know that we are in route and on our way, okay?
route: 路线
我只是想说我们在路上了
-Claudia: Well, Brande and Tionne my home girls we're on our way to the editing room,
editing: 编辑
Brande和Tionne 我的同伴我们在去编辑室的路上
and Annie and Melissa and Khloe and Natalie they all went back to the space with the actors and the dancers
Annie Melissa Khloe Natalie他们四个回去和演员舞者们一起
and they were gonna run through it, 'cause we have a taped out area of a stage.
run through: 浏览 'cause: =because tape: 磁带
我们弄了一块舞台他们将要去排练
I cannot take any more of Melissa and her smart comments.
comment: 评论
我再也不能忍受Melissa和她的抱怨了
Guys, guys, I have 15years' experience.
姐妹们我干这行15年了
Guys guys "
姐妹们
-Brande: Why are you talking like that?
你为什么要这么说呢
-Claudia: Cause that's how she talks.
因为这就是她说话的方式
She doesn't move her bottom lip.
lip: 嘴唇
她说话从来不动下嘴唇
Okay, I'm really not that good at impressions,
impressions: 印象
好的我并不是很容易留下好印象
But I think I got Melissa Rivers down.
但是我想把Melissa Rivers淘汰了
It's the eyes, nice and tight.
tight: 紧的
是因为眼睛温柔又严厉
Guys, guys, guys."
姐妹们
She talks out the side of her mouth.
她不用嘴唇说话
Guys, guys, guys."
Guys "
Guys." She never blinks, either.
blink: 眨眼
她还从来不眨眼
Do you notice that? Is wrong with her?
你发现了吗 她是怎么了
She never blinks.
就是不眨眼
Like a ventriloquist.
ventriloquist: 口技表演者
就像表演口技的
Doesn't move her mouth. "Guys."
不张嘴就能发声
Now you got me going, man.
你弄得我也这样了
You snorting!
snort: 鼻息
你打鼾了
-Melissa: So, let's clear the chairs, if you guys don't mind.
如果你们不介意我们清理一下椅子
What happens is dadadada, 17 seconds.
像这样17秒
Joan, tada!
Ladies you are dismissed "
dismiss: 解散
你们散开
And then we have a two minute monologue.
monologue: 独角戏
然后我们有一个两分钟的独角戏
Annie, Khloe, Natalie, and myself
Annie Khloe Natalie和我
wanted to walk through the show with the choreographer
choreographer: 编舞者
要和舞蹈指导上场
So that he can work with his dancers in the morning to get them tight and they sharp.
tight: 绷紧的 sharp: 敏捷的
这样他可以和舞者们一起工作 让他们好好表演
The lights are gonna drop.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
灯会慢慢暗下来
And done.
好完成了
-Natalie: Okay, good. That's 10 seconds.
很好这是10秒钟
The first part dancing is incredible.
incredible: 难以置信的
第一部分的舞蹈真得很赞
We really need Melissa.
我们非常需要Melissa
We needed her back on the task
我们需要她回来
Because she has all the experience at producing performances.
experience: 经验 performances: 演出
因为她有丰富的舞台表演经验
Khloe, don't you see how it flows better?
Khloe 你看到怎么能弄得好一些么
It's because of Melissa.
因为有Melissa
Thank God.
谢天谢地
-Melissa: I am just working my ass off and doing the best I can with what I'm allowed to do.
我只是很努力的在做我能做的和允许我做的
-Natalie: And you are. You're fine.
是的你做的很好
-Melissa: But I know I'm gonna get attacked,
attack: 袭击
但是我知道我会备受指责
and it's just very, very hard to stay motivated when you know that someone's gonna attack you.
motivate: 激励
当你知道有人会抨击你的时候你很难被激励
-Claudia: Hey, come on, let's do it. Not yet!
加油让我们搞定他
-Annie: That's not good.
这样不好
That rehearsal was a nightmare.
rehearsal: 排练 nightmare: 噩梦
这排练就像一场噩梦
-Brian: Feels like I'm burning with desire
desire: 欲望
感觉我正欲火中烧
Through this whole process,
process: 过程
整个比赛过程中
I knew that I was gonna get on that stage by myself.
我都知道我会独自一人登上舞台
Once I got onstage, whatever else didn't matter?
onstage: 在台上
只要我一站在台上其他的一切都不重要了
I knew that I could have those people in the palm of my hand.
palm: 手掌
我知道我可以掌控其他人的情绪
-Clint: Is this the dance floor for the dancers?
这就是舞者们的舞池了
-Brian: The dancers will be up here.
跳舞的会站在这里
-Clint: So, everything?
就是这样
You know, I'm 30 years in the entertainment business,
entertainment: 娱乐
你知道我在娱乐圈已经呆了30年了
and I haven't been asked for my opinion on any of the creative stuff.
opinion: 观点 creative: 创造性的 stuff: 意见
但他们并没有征求我对这个创意的意见
I really do want to win,
我真的很想赢
but I really can't put myself into areas that I'm not asked about.
但是别人不问我我也没办法投入进去
-Brian: I'll see y'all in the morning.
明天早上见吧
-Clint: All right, baby.
好吧
-Brian: Appreciate it.
appreciate: 感激
谢谢你的帮助
-Clint: And then I realized that I guess I'm fortunate
fortunate: 幸运的
然后我就意思到我其实很幸运
Because I'm kind of enjoying my great lack of responsibility.
responsibility: 责任
我很享受没有沉重责任的感觉
-Joan: It is now 4:40.
现在是4:40
I have just performed in Dallas this evening.
我今晚刚在Dallas表演
I got offstage at 11:00.
11:00表演才结束
We got into the air at 11:45, and here we are.
我们11:45就上了飞机现在到了这儿
I'm gonna be very cranky.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
cranky: 脾气坏的
我一会儿肯定会有点神神叨叨
I am gonna be......so bitchy.
肯定会有点脾气不好
-Melissa: Check 1, 2. 2.
检查一下一二
Okay.
好了
My mom has cue cards. Okay.
cue: 提示
我妈妈有台词提示卡好
-Joan: So, as long as you're standing next to him, then you're a unit.
as long as: 只要
所以只要你站在他旁边 你就是团队的一员
Gorgeous.
gorgeous: 极好的
很好
-Claudia: This morning, we get to Capitale,
今天早上我们去了Capitale大楼
and I really didn't know Joan Rivers had even made it back to New York.
当时我不知道Joan Rivers 已经到了纽约
So when I saw her there writing on her cue cards,
所以我看到她在那里写提示卡时
I was like, "Okay, this is gonna be okay."
我就想 "好吧一切都会很棒的"
Joan Rivers She’s my ace in the hole.
ace in the hole: 最后王牌
Joan Rivers 她是我最后的王牌
1, 2.1, 2.
一二一二
Tell me when you're ready, Tony.
你准备好了就告诉我 Tony
Ready, Joan?
准备好了吗 Joan
-Joan: I don't know which Greek philosopher said that one picture speaks a thousand words,
philosopher: 哲学家
我不知道是哪个希腊的哲学家说过一幅图胜过千言万语
but now thanks to the very new and very wonderful
wonderful: 极好的
但现在因为有了新型的超强的
Not yet!
还没到时候
-Tionne: That's the video. Who's doing it?
那录像还不该放是谁在操作
-Joan: And now, I say...
而现在我想说
That's not good.
那可不好
Nothing we can do.
我么无能为力了
-Annie: Save us.
救救我们吧
Of the hour we had, it took us about 45 minutes to get through the freaking thing once.
freak: 奇怪的
在我们仅有的一个小时里我们把真个程序过一遍就花了45分钟
The feedback alone was just like......you know, in your ear and Ugh.
feedback: 反应
观众的反应就像 你知道吗就在你耳朵里天啊
Hi, sweetheart. Uh, it's me.
你好啊甜心是我
-Melissa: Cue actor.
该出场了演员
Cue actor
该出场了演员
Actor Actor
演员 演员
-Joan: Come on, say something.
来吧说点什么
-Annie: That rehearsal was a nightmare.
rehearsal: 彩排 nightmare: 噩梦
真个彩排简直就是灾难
Claudia had to take control because that was going nowhere,
Claudia不得不出来控制局面因为我们毫无进展
and it was never gonna go anywhere unless someone stepped in
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) step in: 介入
要想有进展就得有人站出来
and made sure that the chaos got under control.
chaos: 混乱
控制局面解决问题
I'm just nervous having seen the show.
nervous: 紧张的
我看真个表演都很紧张
-Claudia: Right now, the problems are the technical problems.
现在的问题是技术性的
That's them
那是他们该管的
-Annie: I just wish it were simpler.
我真希望这能简单些
I wish the show were simpler.
我真希望这能简单些
It's really complicated.
complicated: 复杂的
但现在真的很复杂
There were a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong.
太多东西都有出差错的可能了
I was just like, "Oh, my God. This is a disaster."
disaster: 灾难
我就感觉 "天啊这是一场灾难"
-Tionne: Okay, positions, please.
好吧请大家各就各位
-Khloe: At the end, everyone onstage, even our actors.
最后所有人多上台谢幕包括演员
-Tionne: Let's go, let's go, let's go.
我们走我们走
-Khloe: It's so confusing.
confuse: 困惑
这真的很让人疑惑
There's so many different things happening, it's hard to keep up.
一下子发生着太多事 简直跟不上节奏
You know, I think our eyes are bigger than our stomach.
stomach: 胃
我觉得眼睛撑得比胃都大了
We have so many amazing ideas,
amazing: 令人惊异的
我们有太多很棒的想法
but such a short amount of time to put them in.
amount: 总计
但只有很有限的时间来实现他们
So, we should take that furniture off to start
furniture: 家具
所以一开始我们得把家具搬下来
and have the dancers just on the stage, right?
让舞者们到台上去对吗
-Brande: Yes.
是的
-Khloe: I don't think it makes sense.
我觉得这没道理
-Brande: Yes.
是啊
-Khloe: Is that what we're doing?
但我们还是得那么干
-Brande: I don't know, but you're right.
我不知道我觉得你是对的
-Khloe: That's why I just sat down.
这就是为什么我干脆坐在一边
I really could care less at this point.
我现在真的想少操点心
-Claudia: It's frustrating to work with someone like Khloe,
跟像Khloe这样的人共事很让人沮丧
because as Task Manager, sure, you're responsible for the task,
be responsible for: 对…负责
因为作为项目负责人我们得对比赛承担责任
not micromanaging grown women.
micromanage: 微处理 grown: 成人
而不是去处理好成熟女人间的琐事
If all of us were like Khloe, we would get nothing done
如果所有人都像Khloe那样的话 我们什么都做不成
and we wouldn't have won three in a row.
in a row: 连续
我们就不可能三连胜了
Everybody in position, please!
请大家各就各位
18 minutes until we go on, everybody.
各位我们只剩18分钟了
18 minutes.
18分钟
-Melissa: Everyone's like this, happy, happy.
每个人都像这样表现得快乐点
You all line up. Take your bow.
line up: 排成排 bow: 鞠躬
你们排成一排鞠躬致谢
And take your bow, too, and then I say...
鞠躬然后我就说
And then everyone leaves.
然后大家就退场
You take your last bow and "Goodbye."
你最后鞠一次躬然后就说"再见"
-Joan: Okay.
好的
-Brande: We were very skeptical about how this was gonna turn out.
skeptical: 怀疑的 gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我们当时都对这个表演持怀疑态度
None of us had much hope at all.
所有人都觉得没什么希望
And then something amazing happened.
然后奇妙的事发生了
Melissa put on her producing hat and started directing, and it started getting exciting.
direct: 导演
Melissa进入了导演角色开始导演一切都变得令人激动起来
I truly thought that we had a shot at this.
我真的觉得我们有机会赢
-Melissa: Okay, guys, let's do it.
好吧伙计们我们就这么干
And, Mom, you go any way.
妈妈你从哪边下都行
Yeah. And, Mom, you clear yourself.
妈妈你得自己收拾了
Did it look okay from the front?
从前面看还好么
-Claudia: It looks great. Okay.
看上去很棒嗯
'Cause I only have this much cords, so I can't see. No, it's good.
'Cause: =because cord: 绳索
我只有这么长的线所以不太看得到但还不错
Melissa was good as a director, stage director.
Melissa是个很好的导演舞台导演
She loves being bossy, and why not use, you know, her strongest quality?
bossy: 爱指挥他人的 quality: 才能
她喜欢指挥人这是她的特长
Creatively No, not so much.
creatively: 创造力
创造力不是很好
But telling people what to do, that's all Melissa.
但告诉别人该干什么 那是Melissa的强项
-Melissa: Does everyone know where they're supposed to be and when?
be supposed to: 应该
大家都知道在什么时候该干什么了吗
Can I breathe?
breathe: 松口气
我能松口气了么
Can I get my stage people to please reset for number 1?
stage: 舞台 reset: 重新组合
我能让舞台上的人们回到第一拍的动作吗
Thank you.
谢谢
词汇解析:Lemontree 校对:Fanny



评 论


