看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第二季 06集:I Wish I Could Forget You
Previously on Desperate Housewives…
前情提要…
-Bree: My husband died thinking that I murdered him.
murder: 谋杀
我的丈夫临死之前认为是我害死了他。
-Mary Alice: Bree put the past behind her.
put behind: 告别
Bree终于跟往事作别。
-David: If you keep me on as your lawyer,
只要我做你的律师,
your wife's off limits.
limit: 限制
我就不会碰你的妻子。
-Carlos: He is my lawyer.
我雇用他了。
-Mary Alice: While Carlos gambled with his future.
gamble: 赌博
Carlos拿未来作赌注
-Susan: How much money do you think you need to get to Utah.
你到犹他州需要多少钱?
-Mary Alice: Susan interferes with the family reunion.
interfere: 打扰 reunion: 团聚
而Susan干扰了一场骨肉团聚。
George Williams had never been lucky in love.
lucky: 幸运的
George William情场上从没交过好运。
It seems that the women he dated always invented reasons not to consummate their relationship.
date: 交往 invent: 编造 consummate: 完成,使达到极点
他交往过的女人,似乎总会编造些原因中止两人的关系。
-Young Woman: Um, I’m afraid we’d wake my roommate.
wake: 吵醒 roommate: 室友
恐怕我们会吵醒我的室友的。
-Career Woman: Uh, I have to get up really early for work.
我明天上班得起的特别早。
-Slutty Woman: I’m, uh, saving myself for marriage.
slutty: 性感的 marriage: 婚姻
我想我最好把我的初夜留到...新婚之夜。
-Mary Alice: Sadly for George, it was one unoriginal excuse after another.
unoriginal: 无创造性的 excuse: 借口
可怜的George,得到的只是一个接一个没有创意的借口。
But since he'd started seeing Bree Van de Kamp, George couldn’t help but feel...
see: 约会
但自从他和Bree Van de Camp交往以来,George不自觉地感到...
-Bree: Hi. The kids are gone. We have the house all to ourselves tonight.
嗨,孩子们都不在家。今晚家里只有我们俩。
-Mary Alice: ...his luck was about to change.
be about to: 即将 change: 改变
…他终于要时来运转了。
-Bree: I thought the duck turned out well.
turn out: 结果
我的鸭子似乎做得不错。
Although the sauce was a little bit thick,
sauce: 酱 a little bit: 一点儿 thick: 浓的
虽然酱有点稠,
but judging by how many helpings you had,
judge: 裁决
但考虑到没人给我打下手,
I think I got away with it. What are you thinking about?
get away with: 侥幸做成
我觉得我做的还算成功啦。你在想什么呢?
-George: Your hair. Would you mind if I...?
你的秀发,你介意我...
-Bree: Uh, no, go ahead.
不,不介意。
-Bree: That better? That was nice.
这样好点么?真好。
-George: It’s okay that I’m doing this right?
我这样没什么不妥吧。
-Bree: Well, I thought we were going to let the duck digest a bit more, but what the heck. Oh!
digest: 消化 heck: 真见鬼
我以为我们还要多聊会鸭子。但...管它的。噢!
-George: What’s wrong?
怎么了?
-Bree: I don’t know. I felt something weird.
weird: 奇怪的
不知道,我感觉很奇怪。
-George: Oh, that was my tongue. It extends farther than most.
tongue: 舌头 extend: 伸展
哦是我的舌头,我舌头比一般人伸得远。
I should have warned you.
warn: 警告
我应该提前告诉你的。
-Bree: No, no, no, it wasn’t your kiss. I felt something weird on my neck.
neck: 脖子
不不,不是吻。我是觉得我脖子有些不对劲。
-George: What, what are you doing?
你干什么呢?
-Bree: I don’t know. I’m just really starting to itch.
itch: 发痒
不知道,我就觉得好痒。
-George: Oh.
噢!
-Bree: What is it?
怎么回事?
-George: You, you've got a huge rash.
huge: 巨大的 rash: 疹子
你起了斑了。
-Bree: Oh, ah, ah, it’s starting to spread to my face.
spread: 蔓延
哦,哦,啊。开始往脸上长了。
-George: Are you allergic to something you ate?
allergic: 过敏的
你吃了什么过敏的东西了么?
-Bree: Oh, I don’t think so. I’ve made duck a thousand times.
不知道,那个鸭子我都作过上千次了。
-George: Something is causing that rash.
cause: 引起
肯定是什么引起的。
Bree, Bree, please don’t.
Bree,Bree,别。
-Bree: I’m sorry George, but you have to go.
对不起George 你必须离开。
-George: But the kids are away. I was sort of hoping we could make love tonight.
sort of: 有点
但孩子都不在家,我还希望今晚我们能做爱呢。
-Bree: How are we going to do that George? You have just given me hives.
hives: 荨麻疹
你怎么能George?你刚让我得了麻疹!
-Mary Alice: Though painful to hear,
painful: 痛苦的
虽然听起来着实伤心,
George had to admit at least this excuse was original.
original: 原创的
George必须承认,至少这个借口...很有创意。
It’s a fact that little girls dream of big, white wedding.
dream of: 梦想 wedding: 婚礼
小女孩总是幻想着成为白纱新娘
Of course, the exact same thing can be said for big girls.
exact: 同样的
而自然,同样的话也适用在"大"女孩的身上。
Some of whom can get incredibly anxious.
incredibly: 难以置信地,惊人的 anxious: 着急的
她们会焦虑万分,
waiting for the boys in their lives to make those dreams come true.
come true: 成真
等待她们的白马王子让他们美梦成真。
-Sophie: Ouch. Oh. Watch it Susie.
ouch: 哎唷 watch: 注意
啊!看着点 Susie。
-Susan: Mom, why don’t you just go see a dressmaker?
dressmaker: 裁缝
妈,你还是去找个裁缝吧。
-Sophie: Wait, I have the perfect idea.
perfect: 完美的
等等,我有个好主意。
You get in the dress and I’ll pin it. We wear the same size.
pin: 钉住,别住
你穿上婚纱我自己来改它,我们的身材一样。
-Susan: Since when?
什么时候一样过?
-Sophie: Since forever. You have to leave though. You can’t stay.
forever: 永远
一直都是啊。你得避让一下,你不能在这。
You can’t see Susie in a wedding dress. Not until your big day.
你不能看Susie穿婚纱。直到你们的大喜日子。
-Susan: Mom!
妈!
-Mike: No, it’s not a problem. I can see her in it.
不,没事。我可以看她穿这件婚纱。
-Sophie: You can?
可以?
-Susan: You can?
你可以?
-Mike: I assume you want to pick out your own wedding dress when we get married, right?
assume: 估计 pick out: 挑选
我想我们结婚时候,你会自己选个新婚纱的,对吧?
-Sophie: Oh, that sounds like a proposal.
proposal: 求婚
哦,听起来像是求婚。
-Mike: Did it?
像么?
-Susan: Yeah, it did.
是啊,像。
-Mike: Huh, what do you know?
啊,是嘛?
-Sophie: Are you planning to pop the question?
pop: 突然提出【popcorn: 爆米花,还挺形象的,突然从玉米变成的东西】
你计划突然提出那句问题么?
-Mike: Well, if she knows it’s coming the question won’t really ‘pop’ now, will it?
要是她知道我要问那句话,就谈不上突然了不是么?
-Susan: He’s right, mom. Oh, I want it to be just like you do.
他说得对,妈。我希望你按你自己的方式来。
You know on your own terms and you get down on one knee and the whole production.
on one’s own terms: 按照自己的主张 term: 办法 get down on: 认真对待 knee: 膝盖 whole: 整个的 production: 产物
单膝跪地,然后该怎么做就怎么做。
-Mike: That’s the plan.
我就是这么想的。
-Susan: Well. Then I can wait. I can wait. I’m a good waiter.
waiter: 等待者
我能等。我能等。等待我拿手着呢。
-Mike: Good.
很好。
-Susan: I was just wondering if, if there’s a ballpark of how long I will have to wait.
wonder: 想知道 ballpark: 大概范围
我就是想知道我大概要等多久。
A week, a month, after lunch?
一周,一个月,还是午饭以后?
-Mike: Again, you’re not waiting for the ‘pop.’
我都说了,你不能"等待"惊喜。
-Susan: Right, right, I’m sorry.
对,对,对不起。
-Sophie: Yay!
哦。
-Susan: Mom.
妈。
-Dr. Goldfine: So, the hives occurred right after you kissed George.
hives: 荨麻疹 occur: 发生
这么说麻疹就是在你刚刚吻了George后起的。
-Bree: Yes, it was the strangest thing. And so inconvenient.
inconvenient: 不方便的
是的。真是奇怪透了。也非常不便。
To be honest, I think we were about the make love for the first time.
说实话,我们当时正要第一次做爱呢。
-Dr. Goldfine: Bree, have you considered the idea that your subconscious mind was trying to sabotage your evening with George?
subconscious: 潜意识 sabotage: 暗中破坏
Bree,你有没有想过是你的潜意识想要破坏你和George的良宵?
-Bree: Actually, I have not considered that because that’s idiotic!
idiotic: 白痴的
事实上,没这么想过,因为这非常愚蠢。
-Dr. Goldfine: You don’t think being with George made you feel a bit guilty?
guilty: 愧疚的
你不认为和George在一起让你觉得愧疚么?
-Bree: Why should I feel guilty?
我有什么可愧疚的?
-Dr. Goldfine: Perhaps you felt you were about to commit adultery.
commit: 犯 adultery: 通奸行为
也许你觉得自己是在通奸
-Bree: Dr. Goldfine, Rex is dead. You can’t cheat on a corpse.
corpse: 尸体 cheat on: 不忠于(妻子或丈夫)
Goldfine医生 Rex已经死了,没人能给一个死尸带绿帽子。
-Dr. Goldfine: But, maybe that’s not how you really feel deep down.
deep down: 实际上,在心底
恐怕你内心深处不是这么认为的。
-Bree: Oh so you uh, think I’m crazy?
crazy: 疯狂的
哦这么说你觉得是我疯了?
-Dr. Goldfine: You say you got a case of hives for no reason.
case: 病例 for no reason: 没有理由
你说你毫无缘由得了麻疹。
I think there is a reason and it’s probably a psychosomatic one.
psychosomatic: 受心里影响的
我认为其实是有缘由的,而且可能是心理学上的。
-Bree: You can think whatever you want, but to be honest, I don’t believe in the subconscious.
believe in: 相信 subconscious: 潜意识
随便你怎么认为,但实话实说,我不信潜意识那套。
-Dr. Goldfine: Every time you’ve said Rex in this session, you’ve stroked the place where you wedding ring used to be.
session: 过程中 stroke: 抚,捋,摸 ring: 戒指 used to be: 过去是
我们谈话过程中你每次提到Rex,你就去摸你手上以前带戒指的地方。
Why did you do that?
为什么?
-Nina: Let’s talk about Monday.
我们来谈谈周一
We are re-pitching to the Kamarov people. Lynette, you’ll be on point.
re-pitch: 重新定调,重新商量 point: 时刻,关键时刻
我们要和Kamarov公司的人再协商,Lynette你必须到。
-Lynette: Great, great, no problem.
好,好。没问题。
-Nina: And, can you do me a favor and maybe not wear the green suit?
do sb. a favor: 帮某人的忙
你能帮我个忙不穿那套绿的套装么?
-Lynette: Um, I wasn’t planning to, uh, but why?
我本来也没这么打算。但,为什么?
-Nina: The fabric. It just has this quality to it like you could, I don’t know, wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
fabric: 织物 quality: 质量 wipe: 擦 damp: 潮湿的 cloth: 布
布料问题,它的质量好像...能用湿布抹干净一样。
-Lynette: I’ll just wear a different suit then.
那我穿件别的套装好了。
-Nina: Great. Like what, you think?
很好,比如哪件?你觉得?
-Lynette: Another suit. I have other suits.
别的,我有别的套装。
-Nina: And if by other suits, you mean the grey one, then, of course you do.
如果你的"别的"是指灰色那套,你确实是有"别的套装"。
-Lynette: No, actually, I have quite a few others. Uh, the blue one, and uh...
quite a few: 相当多
不,其实我还有一些别的。蓝色的,还有...
-Lynette: What’s wrong with the blue suit?
蓝色套装又怎么了?
-Nina: Stu. Would you like to tell Lynette what’s wrong with the blue suit?
Stu。你能告诉Lynette那套蓝色的怎么了么?
-Stu: No. That’s cool.
没怎么,挺好。
-Nina: Stu! Come on. Do the thing, the thing that you did at lunch.
Stu,说吧。再来一次你午餐时候做得那个。
Look at me. I’m Lynette. I've got food stains everywhere.
stain: 污渍
看看我,我是 Lynette。我到处是食物的污渍。
-Lynette: All right, so if I get my blue suit dry cleaned, will that be acceptable to everyone?
acceptable: 可接受的
好吧,那如果我把我的蓝套装干洗了,大家可以接受了么?
-Stu: The pants also have a split seam in the back.
pant: 裤子 split: 裂开 seam: 线缝
那套裤子后面撕裂的线缝。
-Gabrielle: Excuse me. Hello, David.
让一下。你好,David。
-David: What the hell is this? I thought I told you to dress maternal.
the hell: 究竟,到底 maternal: 母亲的
你是套什么玩艺?不是让你穿的像个母亲一样么?
-Gabrielle: Yes, you did, and I considered it for about a second.
是啊,我也考虑了一秒钟。
-David: What happened?
怎么了?
-Gabrielle: David, I know you're the lawyer and all, but trust me,
David,我知道你是个律师,但相信我,
it's never a smart strategy to cover this up.
smart: 聪明的 strategy: 方针,策论 cover up: 遮住,裹住
把这么好的身材盖起来可不怎么聪明。
-David: We've got forty minutes before the pre-trial hearing.
pre-trial: 预审 hearing: 听证会
我们在预审听证会前还有40分钟。
Let's go home and get you changed.
我们回家,给你换套衣服。
-Gabrielle: What?
什么?
-David: You want to get your husband out of jail?
jail: 监狱
你想让你丈夫出狱?
You gotta dress like a pregnant, suffering wife, not the cover of Vogue.
gotta=have got to 必须 pregnant: 怀孕的 suffering: 受苦的 cover: 封面 vogue: 时尚
你就得穿得像个孕妇,黄脸婆,而不是像Vogue杂志封面一样
-Louis: David.
David。
-David: Louis. What are you doing here?
Louis。你来干什么?
-Louis: I need a favor, David.
favor: 帮忙
我要你帮个忙,David。
-David: If this has to do with lifting my client's restraining order, the answer's the same one you got last week.
lift: 撤销 straining order: [美国英语]【法律】(限制被告不得采取任何行动的)遏制令
restrain: 管束
要是关于我的当事人的强制命令,我的答案还和上周一样。
-Louis: You don't understand. I love Crystal.
你不明白。我爱Crystal。
-David: Yeah, we all love the pretty ladies at the Stop n' Shop,
pretty: 漂亮的
是啊。我们都爱Stop' n' Shop里的漂亮女士。
but now you gotta love her from fifty yards away.
yard: 码
但你现在得在50尺以外爱她了。
-Louis: You turned her against me. If it wasn't for you, we'd be together.
turn against: (使)转而反对(或反抗)
是你让她反抗我的。要不是你,我们会在一起的。
-David: Louis, Crystal hired me to keep you away from her. She doesn't want to see you.
keep away from: 使远离,使不靠近
Louis,crystal雇佣我让你离她远点。她不想见你。
-Louis: Oh, yeah, then, then why did she ask for my phone number?
是么?那她为什么要我的电话号码?
-David: She's a cashier. You paid by check. It doesn't make you special.
cashier: 收银员 check: 支票 special: 特别的
她是收银员,你是支票付款。她对谁都一样。
-Louis: Don't walk away from me. We're having a conversation!
conversation: 谈话
别走,我跟你谈话呢。
-David: Louis, this is your problem. You're creepy! Nobody likes you.
creepy: 奇怪的
Louis,这就是你的问题。你让人发毛,没人喜欢你。
What you call a conversation the rest of us call harassment.
harassment: 骚扰
你管这叫谈话,我们觉得是骚扰。
You want a friend? Get a hamster!
hamster: 仓鼠
你要是需要朋友?买个荷兰鼠养。
-Louis: David!
David。
-Bystander #1: Call the police!
叫警察。
-Bystander #2: Stay there!
别动。
-David: That's right, you better run. I'm gonna get some bullets for this thing and come after you!
bullet: 子弹
对了,最好快跑。小心我找几颗子弹放上去追你
-Security Guard: Freeze!
freeze: 冻住,别动
别动。
-David: Hey, everything's cool.
cool: 没有问题的
嗨,已经没事了。
-Gabrielle: Are you okay?
你没事吧?
-Mary Alice: Weeds are a common annoyance of life in suburbia
weed: 野草 common: 平常的,普通的 annoyance: 令人烦恼的东西 suburbia: 郊区
杂草是郊区最为常见的恼人之物。
and no matter how hard we try to get rid of them, they always tend to crop back up.
get rid of: 远离 tend: 倾向于 crop up: 突然出现【 crop: 收获 pop up: 突然出现,冒出来】
不管你多么拚命去除掉它们,它们总会又长出来。
-Gabrielle: Are you seeing this?
你看见了吗?
-Bree: I don't believe him. He is so brazen.
brazen: 厚颜无耻
他肯真行,真够厚颜无耻的。
-Gabrielle: He's just mowing the lawn like nothing ever happened. What should we do?
mow: 割草
他就好像没事人一样在那修剪草坪,我们该怎么办?
Should we call the police?
应该叫警察么?
-Bree: Well, Susan did say that he murdered Mrs. Huber, so my vote would be yes.
vote: 投票
Susan说他谋杀了Huber太太,所以我觉得应该。
-Gabrielle: Oh, my god, Susan's home.
哦,天哪,Susan回来了。
-Gabrielle: Has she seen Paul yet?
她看见Paul了么?
-Bree: I think so.
我想是的。
-Paul: Hello, Susan.
你好,Susan。
-Susan: Oh, my god. Paul.
哦,天哪。Paul。
-Paul: Need some help with those bags?
用我帮忙拿袋子么?
-Susan: Why...are you doing here?
你在这干什么呢?
-Paul: This is where I live. I came home to find my son. Here you go.
这是我住的地方啊。我回家找我儿子。给你。
-Susan: No, don't come near me.
别,离我远点。
-Paul: I'm just giving you back your pie filling.
pie filling: 饼馅 pie: 派,馅饼 filling: 填充物
我只是还你做派用的馅。
-Susan: I don't want my pie filling.
我不想要做派用的馅。
-Paul: Oh, come on. Just take it.
哦行了,拿着。
-Susan: No, stop! Put that pie filling down. Slowly. I'm calling nine-one-one.
不,别动。把馅放下,慢慢的。我要打911了。
-Paul: You don't want to do that.
你不想的。
-Susan: Oh, I think I do. You're a cold-blooded murderer.
cold-blooded: 冷血的 murder: 谋杀
-Paul: Susan, how can you believe that? We've been neighbors for years.
neighbor: 邻居
Susan,你怎么相信这套呢?我们都做了这么多年邻居。
-Paul: Ladies, good to see you.
女士们,很高兴看到你们。
-Bree: Paul, we've called the police.
Paul,我们已经叫了警察了。
-Paul: You didn't really need to do that.
你们不必如此的。
-Gabrielle: We know what you did to Mrs. Huber.
我们知道你对Huber太太做了什么。
-Paul: Wonderful. I see you've all turned into Susan while I've been gone.
turn into: 变成
很好,我走了之后你们都变成Susan了。
-Susan: Oh, thank god, they're here.
哦,感谢上帝,他们来了。
-Mrs. Greenberg: Hey, hey, what's going on?
go on: 发生
嗨,怎么了?
-Edie: Oh, Mayer's convinced that Paul Young murdered Martha Huber.
convince: 认为,确信
Mayer,认为是Paul young杀了Martha Huber。
-Mrs. Greenberg: Oh, my god! I live right behind him.
哦,天哪。我就住在他后面。
-Mrs. Fromme: I know. I gave him my house keys to feed my cat.
feed: 喂
是啊,我给过他我家钥匙好帮我喂猫。
-Edie: I win. I made out with him.
make out: 发生性关系
我赢了,我和他搞过。
-Police Officer: Here you go. There's no warrant here for a Paul Young.
warrant: 许可证
给你,我们没有Paul young的逮捕令。
-Gabrielle: Why don't you ask Mike? He overheard everything, right?
overhear: 偷听到
你为什么不问Mike,他什么都听到了是吧?
-Police Officer: Who's Mike?
Mike是谁?
-Susan: Uh, he's my boyfriend, and, and he told me that Paul confessed everything to him.
confess: 坦白,承认
啊,他是我男朋友。他告诉我Paul把所有事都告诉他了。
Oh, and Mike has Martha's journals, which clearly prove that Paul had a motive.
journal: 日记 clearly: 清楚地 prove: 证明 motive: 动机
而且Mike有Martha的日记,上面可以证明Paul有杀人动机。
-Police Officer: All right, all right, where do I find this Mike guy?
好吧,好吧,那个Mike在哪?
-Susan: Uh, he's, follow me.
哦他...跟我来。
-Paul: You mind if I stay here? I've got a lot of raking to do.
rake: 耙
你介意我就在这么?我还要耙地呢?
-Police Officer: Let's go.
走。
-Mike: Hey. What's going on?
嗨。怎么了?
-Susan: Mike, Paul Young is back. Look.
Mike,Paul Young回来了。看!
-Police Officer: Your girlfriend said Mr. Young confessed a murder to you?
你的女朋友说young先生对你承认他杀过人了?
-Mike: Um, no. No, not to me.
没,没,没对我说过。
-Police Officer: And I don't suppose you have a journal that belonged to a Martha Huber?
suppose: 设想 belong to: 属于
那我想你没有属于Martha Huber的日记了?
-Mike: No. I hardly knew her. Besides, you ever known a woman who'd loan out her diary?
loan: 借 diary: 日记
没有,我都不怎么认识她。另外,哪个女人会把日记借出去啊?
-Susan: Mike, what are you doing?
Mike,你干什么呢?
-Mike: I'm sorry, Susan. I don't know what you're talking about.
对不起,Susan。我不知道你在说些什么。
But I’ve got a job to get to. Is there anything else?
我有工作要做,还有别的事么?
-Police Officer: No, no, that pretty much covers it.
cover: 涉及,覆盖
没了,已经足够了。
-Edie: Well, someone might as well say it. Susan, what the hell have you been smoking?
might as well: 不妨 smoke: 吸食毒品
有人也会禁不住要问了,Susan,你吃错了什么药了?
-Lynette: Okay.
好了。
-Tom: Wow! Nice. Oh, my god!
喔!很棒!哦天哪!
-Lynette: Okay, don't be distracted by that. Look at me.
distract: 分散注意力
好了,别为这个分散注意力,看我。
Here I am tomorrow, making my presentation.
presentation: 演讲
我明天就这样做我的演讲。
-Lynette: You see? You see how it, how it moves with me? That's where the magic is.
move: 移动 magic: 魔力
看到了么?看到衣服怎么摆动了么?这就是魔力所在。
-Tom: Nine hundred dollars?
900美元?
-Lynette: Yeah, well, this one was the most expensive. The other ones aren't as nice.
是啊,这是最贵的一套,其他的都没这么好。
But look. Look, look, look, look at me, look at me. Watch. I don't walk in it. I glide.
glide: 滑动
但,看看看,看,看,看我。看着我,看。穿着它我不是走动,而是滑动。
-Tom: Um, honey, you know what? There's gotta be like three thousand dollars worth of clothes here.
worth: 值得
嗯,宝贝,你知道么?这些衣服似乎要三千美元。
-Lynette: Yeah, well, I haven't bought a new suit in six years.
suit: 套装
是啊,我都6年没买过套装了。
-Tom: So? When I was working, you don't think I would have loved to have a designer suit?
designer: 设计者
那怎么了, 我工作的时候你以为我不想要件高级套装么?
I wore wash-and-wear so that we could live in a nice neighborhood,
wash-and-wear: 一洗就平的
我穿得都是便宜货,这样我们才能住在好的社区,
so we could take the kids on vacation every summer. I mean, I made sacrifices.
vacation: 度假 sacrifice: 牺牲
我们才能每年夏天带孩子们度假,我做出了牺牲。
-Lynette: I'm willing to make sacrifices.
be willing to: 愿意,乐意
我愿意做出牺牲啊。
-Tom: Great, well, let's start here, because this should cover a math tutor for Parker.
cover: 够付(费用) math: 数学 tutor: 家教
很好,那就从现在开始,因为...这个足够给Parker找个数学家教了。
-Lynette: Whoa, hold on a sec.
sec=second 一秒
噢,等等。
-Tom: Six months of pre-school for Penny.
Penny半年的学前班费用!
-Lynette: All right, now you're being ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒谬的
好了,现在你有点荒谬了。
-Tom: You know what? And the twins, they're gonna need braces.
brace: 牙套
知道么?还有双胞胎,他们需要矫正牙齿。。
That oughta make a dent.
ought=[口语]ought to: 应该,应当 make a dent: 引起注意,初见成效
这件的钱够他们用了
-Lynette: Oh, no. Come on, Tom. Not this one.
哦,别,行了。tom,别这件也算上。
-Tom: Strip.
strip: 脱衣服
脱了。
-Lynette: You saw the walk, right? You wanna see the walk again? I'll tutor Parker myself.
你看到我走路的姿势了吧?想看我再走一次么?我给Parker当家教。
-Tom: Honey, that'd be great. You also gonna take up home dentistry?
take up: 开始从事 dentistry: 牙医业
宝贝,那可好极了。你也想充当家庭牙医?
-Lynette: Fine. I'll take them back. Could you step out for a minute, please? I want to be alone with it for a little while.
step out: (尤指暂时的)离开
好!我退了去。你能出去一会么?我想要独自和它呆一会。
-Bree: Hi, it's …Bree.
嗨,我是Bree。
-George: Hi. I was thinking about calling you.
嗨,我正要给你打呢。
I just got some new antihistamines in at the store.
antihistamine: 抗组胺基 store: 商店
店里来了些抗过敏的药,
I think they're really gonna help with your rash.
rash: 疹子
我想应该对你的疹子有效。
-Bree: Well, great. Um, how would you feel about the two of us checking into a romantic hotel tomorrow?
check into: 登记旅馆 romantic: 浪漫的
不错啊。我们两个明天找一个浪漫的旅馆你觉得如何?
-George: What? Uh, I, I’d like that very much.
什么?我再高兴不过了。
-Bree: I will let you make all the arrangements.
arrangement: 安排
我让你来负责所有安排。
Something out of town would be nice. Good night.
在镇外的什么地方就好。晚安。
-George: Yes!
好的。
-Susan: We need to talk.
我们得谈谈。
-Mike: Where did you come from?
你从哪冒出来的?
-Susan: I'm sorry. I've been waiting for you. I'm just a little upset because everybody thinks I'm crazy.
upset: 烦恼
不好意思,我一直在等你。我有点不高兴,因为人人都以为我疯了。
-Mike: Can I at least get out of the truck first?
at least: 至少 get out of: (使)从(车等)下来
我能先从车里出来么?
-Susan: Yes, definitely. I mean, I can understand why you wouldn't want the cops to know that you kidnapped Paul.
cop: 警察 kidnap: 绑架
能,当然。我是说,我能理解你为什么不想警察知道你绑架了Paul。
I mean, that definitely looks bad.
definite: 确实
的确会让你看起来是坏人。
-Mike: Since I was on probation.
probation: 缓刑
我还在缓刑阶段。
-Susan: Well, right. I mean, there's that.
对...有道理。
-Mike: And in possession of a gun.
in possession of: 控制,拥有 possession: 拥有 gun: 枪
我还有枪。
-Susan: Well, okay...
好。
-Mike: Which I held to his head. So I violated my probation, committed a felony, and coerced a confession.
violate: 违犯 commit: 犯法 felony: 重罪 coerce: 强迫 confession: 交待,招供
我拿它指着他的脑袋。我违反了缓刑的规定,绑架了人,强迫对方认罪。
If the cops found out about that, I'd be looking at ten to fifteen years.
要是警察知道了,我就得进去10到15年了。
-Susan: But why don't you want them to know about Martha Huber's journal?
但你为什么不让他们知道Martha Huber的日记呢?
I mean, she says right in there that she was blackmailing Paul's wife.
blackmail: 勒索
她在里面说得很清楚她在勒索Paul的妻子。
-Mike: She also says right in there that she was blackmailing you for burning down Edie's house.
burn down: 烧毁
她还在里面说得很清楚她在勒索你,因为你烧了Edie的房子。
-Susan: Oh. I forgot about that. I just can't believe it.
我都忘了,真是难以置信。
I mean, there he is a murderer, just living right on our street,
他就在那一个凶手,就住在我们的街上。
and there's nothing we can do about it because you're a convicted felon and I burned down that stupid house. It's unfair.
convicted: 有罪的 felon: 重罪犯 unfair: 不公平的
我们却什么也做不了,因为你有前科而我纵了火。真不公平。
-Mike: I want Paul Young gone as badly as you do, and he will be,
我和你一样想Paul Young消失,他也会消失得。
but I also want to find Zach. I think once Zach finds out Paul's here, I got a feeling he'll be back.
但我也想找到Zach,我想他如果知道Paul在这,他应该会回来的。
-Susan: Well, that's comforting to know there's a silver lining.
comforting: 令人安慰的 sliver lining:(不幸或失望中的)一线希望 sliver: 银色的 lining: 线,绳
祸中有福真是安慰多了。
-David: Hi. What are you doing here?
嗨,你在这干什么?
-Gabrielle: Well, you protected me from a hail of gun fire, so I thought I'd stop by and give you a card.
hail: 一阵 stop by: 顺便拜访
你在枪林弹雨中保护了我,所以我想我该来看看你,送张卡片。
-David: You're my first visitor.
你是我第一个看望者。
-Gabrielle: What do you mean, I'm your first visitor? You've been here two days.
什么?你第一个看望者?你都在这呆了两天了。
-David: My office sent me flowers.
我的办公室给我送来了花。
-Gabrielle: Oh.
哦。
-Gabrielle: Dear David, who knew you could actually bleed?
bleed: 流血
亲爱的David,没想到你也能流出血来。
Sincerely, your stunned co-workers.
stunned: 震惊的
你真诚,惊愕的同事们。
-David: Yeah, well, I'm a lawyer who got shot. Everybody's cracking wise.
shoot: 射击 cracking: 很好的,很美的
是啊,我是个中弹的律师,每个人都很精明。
-Gabrielle: You're not gonna eat?
你不吃么?
-David: Uh, can't really cut yet.
我没法切...
-Gabrielle: Well, I'm not gonna let you starve to death.
starve: 挨饿
我不能让你饥饿致死啊。
Besides, you're gonna need your strength to get my husband out of jail.
strength: 力量 jail: 监狱
另外我需要你有力气把我丈夫弄出来。
-David: You know, when I was waiting for the ambulance the other day, I seriously thought I was gonna die. I was scared.
ambulance: 救护车 scared: 害怕的
知道么,那天在我等救护车的时候,我真地以为自己会死。我很怕。
-Gabrielle: Of course you were.
你当然会怕。
-David: Thanks
谢谢。
-Gabrielle: For what?
谢什么?
-David: For not making any jokes.
joke: 玩笑
谢你没嘲笑我。
-Gabrielle: Sure. Now, open up.
open up: 打开【雀巢咖啡的一首广告歌就叫open up】
当然。好了,张嘴。
-Lynette: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Nina: Just, uh, follow this hallway straight down there and make yourselves comfortable.
hallway: 走廊 comfortable: 舒适的
顺着走廊直走过去,随意坐。
-Mary Alice: For the good of their family, Lynette had made a promise to her husband.
promise: 承诺
为了家庭考虑,Lynette对丈夫发誓。
And within ten days from the date of purchase, she intended to keep it.
purchase: 购买 intend to: 打算
在购买后的十天之内,她打算留着它。
-Nina: Oh. That's a fantastic suit.
fantastic: 极好的
哦,这件套装太漂亮了。
-Lynette: Oh. Thanks.
哦,谢谢。
-Nina: I'm flattered, really.
flatter:奉承
我很荣幸,真的。
I mean, who knew that you cared so much about what I think?
谁知道你会这么在乎我的看法?
-Lynette: I don't follow you.
我...不太明白。
-Nina: Well, I make a few innocent comments, and you go out and buy yourself a gorgeous new suit. Dance, puppet, dance.
innocent: 无意的 comment: 评语 gorgeous: 华丽的 puppet: 木偶
我给了几句无意的评语,你就出去买了一套漂亮的新装。跳啊木偶来跳舞。
-Lynette: Well, actually, this was already in my closet. I just forgot about it.
closet: 衣柜
事实上,这个我早就有了。我就是忘了穿了。
-Nina: Forgot? You forgot that you had that suit?
忘了?你忘了你有这套衣服?
-Lynette: Good morning. Hi. I'm Lynette Scavo.
早上好,你好。我是Lynette Scavo.
Now is everyone taken care of in terms of coffee and whatever else they may like? Great.
take care: 当心,注意 in terms of: 在…方面
现在是不是每个人在咖啡方面都很小心,他们还喜欢什么?太好了。。
Well, then, let's get started. I will show you how Kamarov Vodka can expand its customer mindshare while still holding the line on marketing costs.
expand: 扩大,扩展 mindshare: 精神占有率 holding the line【保持不变】 marketing cost: 销售成本 marketing: 市场营销
那么,我们开始吧,我让你们看Kamarov伏特加是如何在消费者的意识中扩大地位的,在保持经营成本的前提下。
It's something we here at parcher and murphy like to call persuasive engineering.
parcher: 烘烤机 persuasive: 劝说的 engineer: 工程
这是我们在烘烤和马铃薯,就像在说劝诱工程。
-Nina: Lynette, just hold on one second.
Lynette...稍等一下。
You have a...
咳,你有个...
They put the price tags on the skirts these days, too, just so you know.
price: 价格 tag: 标签
他们现在也在给裙子贴上价格标签,就像你知道的。
Look at that, everybody. Lynette just bought herself a beautiful, brand-new suit.
brand-new: 崭新的
大家看那个,Lynette刚刚给自己买了套漂亮的新衣服。
Doesn't she look great? Go on.
她看上去很棒不是吗?继续。
-Lynette: Okay.
好。
-Judge: You may be seated. Good to see you back on your feet, Mr. Bradley.
seat: 坐下 back on one’s feet: 重新站起来
可以坐下了,很高兴看到你健康的回来了,Bradley先生。
Whenever you're ready.
随时只要你准备好了
-David: Thank you, Your Honor. The defense moves to dismiss this case immediately on the grounds that the defendant...
your honor: 法官大人【your honor (法官阁下),此句基本上等同于I'm willing to respect your request. 可能在法庭上用honor更加正式一点,毕竟法官是在宣判】 defense: 辩护 dismiss: 【法律】驳回,不受理(控告、上诉等),对…不予受理 on the grounds: 由于…的原因 defendant: 被告
谢谢,法官大人。被告方当庭要求撤案所以被告...
-Judge: Are you all right, Mr. Bradley?
你还好吗,Bradley先生?
-David: I'm sorry, Your Honor. I just can't. I just can't.
对不起,法官大人。我不能,我不能。
-Judge: Mr. Bradley, do you need a recess?
recess: 休息,休会
Bradley先生,你需要休息一下么?
-Carlos: What the hell's going on?
the hell: 究竟,到底
到底发生了什么?
-Gabrielle: David, where are you going?
David,你去哪了?
-David: I'm sorry. I quit.
quit: 辞职
抱歉。我不干了。
-Gabrielle: You can't just quit in the middle of a hearing.
in the middle of: 在…当中 hearing: 听证会
你不能在诉讼中撒手不管了。
-David: I'd love to get your idiot husband out of jail, but I just can't do it. I'm sorry.
idiot: 白痴
我很想把你的白痴丈夫从监狱里弄出来,但是我真的做不到,抱歉。
-Gabrielle: Yeah. Why not?
是啊。为什么不?
-David: Because I'm in love with you.
因为我爱上你了。
-Gabrielle: What?
什么?
-David: The other day in the hospital, I started to feel something.
那天在医院里,我开始有了感觉。
I don't know. Maybe it was there all along. But when I look into your eyes, I know you feel it, too.
all long:【口语】始终,一直 look into: 窥视,向里面看去
我不知道,可能一直都有。而当我看着你的眼睛时,我知道你也有感觉,
We belong together.
belong: 应(和某人)一起生活
我们应该在一起
-Gabrielle: Okay, yeah, David, if you don't get back in there right now, I will go get a gun and shoot you myself.
gun: 手枪 shoot: 枪击
好吧,David,如果你不立刻回去。我会拿把枪亲手把我干掉。
-David: I can't. I'm sorry.
我不能,对不起。
-Susan: Come in!
进来!
-Paul: We need to talk.
我们需要谈谈。
-Susan: Oh! Oh! Uh, uh, Paul, you, you can't just waltz into people's houses.
waltz:【口语】轻易顺利地前进(常与 through 连用)
哦!哦!啊!啊!Paul,你不能就这样闯到别人家里。
-Paul: Susan, you told me to come in.
Susan,你让我进来的。
-Susan: Well, that's because I assumed you were someone I would let in my house.
assume: 假定,设想
恩,那是因为我假定你是我会让他进来的那个人。
What do you want?
你要干什么?
-Paul: I was looking through my mail, and I found this.
look through: 仔细查阅
我在看我的信,发现了这个。
-Paul: I was surprised to discover that you were looking for my son.
surprised: 感到惊讶的 discover: 发现 look for: 寻找
我很吃惊地发现你曾找过我的儿子。
You didn't happen to find anything out about where Zach might be, did you?
你碰巧没找到任何关于Zach可能在哪的线索,是不是?
-Susan: No. No, I didn't. Sorry I can't help you out.
不,不,我没有。对不起,我帮不了你。
-Paul: I'm asking because if you remember, Zach hid here in this house before,
我问你是因为如果你还记得,Zach曾在这个房子里躲过,
and now I learn that you've been searching for him.
而现在我知道你在找他。
-Susan: Well, he's not here.
他不在这。
-Paul: Hmm. Well, maybe we should double check.
double check: 仔细检查 double: 双重的 check: 检查
恩,也许我们应该仔细地检查一下。
-Susan: But he's not here. I swear.
swear: 发誓
但他不在这。我发誓。
-Paul: What are you grabbing for?
grab: 抓
你抓的是什么?
-Susan: A knife. I just want to slice some tomatoes.
slice: 切成薄片 tomato: 西红柿
一把刀,我只是想切些西红柿。
-Susan: I don't know how I know this, but I, I think that he's in Utah.
我不知道我是怎么知道这个的,但是我...我想他在犹他。
He, he took a bus to Bountiful. You have family there, right?
他坐车去了Bountiful。你在那有家,不是么?
Okay, I gave him the bus fare.
fare: 费用
好吧,我给了他路费。
-Paul: You might want to be careful with that. You seem a little jittery.
jittery: 神经过敏的【前面Bree的皮肤过敏用的是allergic】
你可能想对那事小心点,你像是有点神经过敏。
-Gabrielle: Look, I know the timing is bad.
看,我知道不是时候非常不是时候。
-Carlos: Pretty bad.
很不是时候。
-Gabrielle: I feel terrible. How was I supposed to know that he would take a bullet
bullet: 子弹
我觉得糟透了。我怎么知道他会中弹,
and suddenly realize he's in love with me?
而且忽然意识到他爱上了我。
Okay, look, I know I pushed you into hiring that creep,
creep: 【美国俚语】讨厌的家伙,令人不安的怪人
好了,看,我知道我逼着你租那个怪胎上,
but I promise I will do anything I can to fix this.
fix: 处理
我发誓我会尽一切可能解决这件事。
-Carlos: All right, go have sex with Bradley.
好吧,去和Bradley上床吧。
-Gabrielle: What?
什么?
-Carlos: Well, that's what you want me to say, isn't it?
那就是你想我说的,不是吗?
God, you guys are good. I mean, you set me up perfectly.
set sb. up: 算计
天哪,你们真棒。我说,你们帮装地太好了。
-Gabrielle: You think David and I planned this so we could sleep together?
你认为David和我计划好了,这样我们就可以在一起睡了?
-Carlos: Well, let's see. The guy tells me to my face that he wants to get into your pants,
pant: 裤子
让我想想,那家伙当面告诉我他想插进你的裤子里,
quits a week before my trial, and now you can't wait to do anything to get him back? Yeah.
quit: 辞职 trail: 审判
在我的审判前辞职一周,而现在你等不及了要做一切来让他回来?是。
I'd like to go back to jail now.
我现在就想进监狱。
-Gabrielle: How dare you think that of me? I have been nothing but faithful to you!
faithful: 忠诚的
你怎么敢那样想我?我除了对你忠诚什么都没做!
Since you've been in here.
自从你进了这里。
-Carlos: Save it. I know when I've been outfoxed,
outfox: 以机智胜过
省省吧。我知道我什么时候会以计取胜,
and please don't pretend that you're doing this for me, because I'd rather rot in here.
pretend: 假装 would rather: 宁可,宁愿 rot: 腐烂
请别装着好像你在为我做这些,因为我情愿烂在这。
-Gabrielle: And you know what? A lesser woman would let you rot in here, but I'm not gonna do that.
lesser: 较小的,次要的
你知道吗?一个差劲的女人会让你烂在这,而我不会那么做。
I'm not gonna give you the satisfaction. So you better start packing up your shanks or whatever you people make in here,
satisfaction: 满意 pack up: 整理行装 shank:【一种监狱制造的金属的刀状武器】
我不会让你满意的。所以你最好开始整理你的行李,或者你们在这做的任何的事情,
because you're coming home with me!
因为你将要跟我一起回家了。
-Carlos: I don't have any shanks.
我没有任何行李。
-Desk Clerk: Good afternoon. Checking in?
check in: 登记住店
下午好。开房?
-George: Yes. Uh, reservations in the name of Williams. George Williams.
reservation: 预订
是的。以预定的名字是Williams...George Williams。
-Desk Clerk: Let me get your paperwork.
paperwork: 文件
让我拿你的文件来。
-George: So what do you want to do first?
那么你首先想做什么?
-Bree: I don't know. I thought maybe we could go antiquing. I hear you have some lovely museums nearby.
antique: 觅购(或收购,收藏)古董(或古物、古玩)
我不知道。我想也许我们可以先看些古董,我听说你们在这附近有些不错的博物馆。
Do you have any brochures?
brochure: 小册子
你有小册子么?
-Desk Clerk: Right over there, Mrs. Williams.
在那里,Williams太太。
-George: Oh, uh, she's not my wife.
哦,她不是我太太。
-Desk Clerk: I'm so sorry.
对不起。
-George: So I hear they have a terrific Farmers' Market nearby. We should pick up some nectarines.
terrific: 极好的 nearby: 在…附近 nectarine: 油桃
我听说他们在附近有个不错的农业市场,我们应该买些油桃。
-Bree: George, I can't.
George...我不能。
-George: What?
怎么了?
-Bree: I can't stay in a hotel room with you.
我不能跟你待在一个宾馆房间。
-George: Why not?
为什么不?
-Bree: Because I am starting to get that rash again.
rash: 疹子
因为我又开始起那个皮疹了。
-George: Well, I, I brought the antihistamines.
antihistamine: 抗组胺剂
我带了抗组胺剂。
-Bree: Oh, please. it's not gonna help. George, clearly, this is psychosomatic. We need to go home.
psychosomatic: 受心里影响的
哦,拜托。不会有效的。George,很明显,这是受心理影响的。我们需要回家。
-George: Bree, we just drove three hours to get here.
Bree,我们刚刚开了三个小时车到了这儿。
-Bree: I know, and you have every right to be mad, but, George, I am really starting to itch.
itch: 痒
我知道,你有很多生气的理由。但是,George,我真的开始发痒了。
-Desk Clerk: Is there a problem?
有什么问题么?
-George: Uh, no, there's no problem. Everything is fine. Okay, okay, okay, okay. Uh, uh, I'll get you your own room.
哦,不,没问题。一切正常。好吧,好吧,好吧,好吧。恩,恩。我给你另开个房间。
-Bree: George...
George...
-George: No, no, no. We can still have a nice weekend. We'll just shift the focus to...antiquing.
shift: 转移 focus: 焦点
不,不,不。我们仍然会过个愉快的周末,我们只要稍稍将重点转移到...古董上。
-Bree: Please. I mean, clearly, you didn't come here to shop.
拜托。我的意思是,很明显,你不是来这儿购物的。
-George: No, I came to spend time with you, time that does not need to be spent in a bed.
不,我是来和你一起度过的...度过不用在床上度过的时光。
-Bree: Really? You mean that? You wouldn't mind?
真的? 你这么想? 你不介意?
-George: No.
不。
-Bree: You know what, George? We're gonna have a great time, because there's tons of fun stuff we can do that doesn't involve sex.
tons of: 许多,无数的 ton: 吨 stuff: 事情 involve: 包括
你知道,George?我们会过得很开心,因为有一大堆开心的事可以去做,除了性。
-George: You betcha. While I take care of this, why don't you go get those brochures?
betcha= bet you 当然
你说对了。我来看着这个,你何不去拿些小册子?
-Bree: Okay.
好的。
-George: Okay.
好的。
-Bree: George, you won't believe it. I just stopped itching.
George,你不会相信的。我不痒了。
-George: How about that?
怎么可能?
-Tom: Nice suit.
不错嘛。
-Lynette: Just hear me out. I was gonna take it back, I swear.
hear out: 听完
听我说完。我正要收回,我发誓。
-Tom: But?
但是?
-Lynette: But then I started thinking about it, and you know what?
但是我开始想,你知道么?
I'll be damned if I'm gonna pitch to a roomful of people who are all wearing Armani and Vera Wang,
damn: 诅咒 pitch: 投 roomful: 满房间的人
如果我向满屋子的人扔过去我将被诅咒,那些只穿Armani和Vera Wang的人。
Armani:【Giorgio Armani阿玛尼他是世界上最优雅的设计师,“随意优雅”是阿玛尼自创建以来一直寻求的风格】 Vera Wang:【著名的华裔设计师,其设计的婚纱最为出名】
while I'm standing there with two-year-old breast milk crusted on my lapel.
breast milk : 母乳 crust: 结硬皮 lapel: 翻领
在我带着两年的母奶站在那,在我的翻领上结了壳。
-Tom: Lynette...
Lynette...
-Lynette: And you know what else? I kicked ass in that meeting because of this suit.
kick ass: 打败
还有你知道么?我因为这衣服在会上被整了。
-Tom: It is a suit. Why are you so obsessed with it?
obsess: 迷住,使困扰
Lynette,这只是件衣服。你干吗为了它如此困扰?
-Lynette: You can't explain obsession, Tom. It just is.
obsession: 着迷
你解释不了迷恋,Tom。它...就是。
-Tom: No, we are parents. We can't afford the luxury of obsessions.
afford: 供应得起 luxury: 奢侈 obsession: 迷恋
不,我们是父母。我们承受不了太多的困扰。
-Lynette: See? That's where I think we have been making a terrible, terrible mistake.
看到了吧?那就是我觉得我们在哪犯了个严重的,严重的错误。
-Tom: What is this?
这是什么?
-Lynette: Sometimes we just need to get something that makes us happy.
有时我们只是需要一些东西让我们开心。
I know that sounds selfish, but I've been thinking.
selfish: 自私的
我知道这听起来有点自私,但是我一直在想。
It might make us better people and maybe even better parents.
这可能会让我我们变成更好的人,也许更好的父母。
-Tom: No. No. Lynette. No. This is wrong.
不,不,Lynette,不。错了。
-Lynette: Carbon...fiber...shafts.
carbon: 碳素 fiber: 纤维 shaft: 杆状物
碳素... 光纤... 杆子
-Tom: Wow. I feel like a better parent already. Oh, yeah!
我已经觉得是好父母了。哦,是啊。
-Bree: So I was talking to one of the bellmen,
bellman: 鸣钟者
我在和其中一个看钟人说话,
and he said there's a place not far from here where we could go horseback riding.
horseback: 马背
他说离这不远有个地方我们能去骑马。
Doesn't that sound like fun? George?
那听起来不是很有趣么?George?
-George: Wh, what? What? I'm sorry.
恩,什么? 什么? 对不起。
-Bree: I was saying I think we should go horseback riding.
我说我在想我们可以去骑马。
-George: Oh, sure. That'd, that'd be great.
哦,当然。那很好。
-Bree: What's wrong?
怎么了?
-George: Nothing. I, I just don't think that we should risk you getting another rash.
没什么。我,我只是认为我们不该冒险你再一次起皮疹。
-Bree: Well, I'm not gonna get another rash just by holding your hand.
我不会就因为拉着你的手而再起皮疹。
-George: You never know.
你可不知道。
-Bree: Oh. Well, okay.
哦。好吧,好。
-George: Hey, uh, I brought those antihistamines with me. Maybe you should take a couple, just to see if it works.
couple: 数个 work: 起作用
嗨,恩,我随身带了这些药。也许你应该试两片看看它有没有效。
-Bree: Oh, well, I'm drinking wine.
哦,我在喝酒。
I don't think you're supposed to mix pills with alcohol.
be supposed to: 应该 mix with: 混合 alcohol: 酒精
我认为不该将药片和酒精混在一起。
-George: That's for people who are, who are about to use heavy machinery.
heavy: 重的 machinery: 机器
那是为了那些...要干重活的人。
You don't plan on operating a forklift tonight, do you?
plan on: 打算 operate: 操作 forklift: 铲车
你今晚又不准备开升降机,不是么?
-Bree: Well, you're the pharmacist. If you think it's okay...
pharmacist: 药剂师
你是药剂师,如果你觉得可以...
-George: I do.
是的。
-Bree: George, I can't feel my legs.
George,我都感觉不到我的腿了。
-George: I know, sweetheart. Don't you worry. I'm gonna take you to your room, and then we're gonna get you into bed. Okay?
我知道,亲爱的。你不要担心,我带你回房间,然后我会把你放到床上。好么?
-Desk Clerk: Is she going to be okay?
她会没事么?
-George: Yeah, she's just had a little too much wine.
是的,她只是喝多了点。
-Bree: I don't think it was the wine, George. I think it was the antihistamines.
antihistamine: 抗组胺剂
我想可能不是酒的原因,George。我想是因为药。
-George: She doesn't know what she's...we're good, thank you.
她不知道她在...我们没事,谢谢。
No, no, no, no, no. I'll get those. You just relax.
不,不,不,不,不。我来。你只要放松。
I love you very much, Bree. You know that, right?
我非常的爱你,Bree。你知道,对吧?
-Bree: I know.
我知道。
-George: And I want more than anything for you to love me back.
我想要比什么都多的你对我的爱。
Do you understand what I'm saying? Bree?
你明白我在说什么吗?Bree?
-George: Hey there. How you feeling?
嗨,你觉得怎么样?
-Bree: Oh, okay. Have you been sitting there all this time?
哦,没事了。你一直都坐在那儿么?
-George: I wanted to make sure you were okay, so I stayed and watched you sleep.
我想知道你没事,所以我待在这看你睡觉。
-Bree: Did I do anything embarrassing? Sometimes I snore.
embarrassing: 令人尴尬的 snore: 打鼾
我做了什么难为情的事吗?有时我打鼾?
-George: No. No, you slept like an angel. In fact, you were so beautiful and peaceful, I actually started to feel guilty.
peaceful: 安宁的,平和的 guilty: 负疚的
不,不,你睡得像个天使。事实上,你是那么的美丽和安静,我开始觉得内疚了。
-Bree: Guilty?
内疚?
-George: Um, well, you know, because I told you take those pills.
恩,你知道。因为我给了你那些药。
-Bree: That chair looks so uncomfortable. Why didn't you sleep next to me?
uncomfortable: 不舒服的
那椅子看上去是那么的不舒服,你为什么不睡在我的旁边?
-George: Well, you made it pretty clear that you don't want me in your bed.
恩,你说的很清楚了,你不想让我上你的床。
-Bree: George. I know what you want from me, and I, I thought I wanted the same thing,
George。我知道你想从我这得到什么,我觉得我也想要同样的东西。
but I keep getting those rashes because I still feel married.
但是我不断起皮疹因为...我仍然觉得我已经结婚了。
-George: Makes sense, I guess.
make sense: 言之有理
可以理解,我想。
-Bree: Can't you just be patient? Can't you wait just a little bit longer?
patient: 耐心的
你能不能稍微有点耐心?你能不能稍微多等一等?
-George: I've already waited my whole life for you, and I can wait a little more.
我已经想要为你付出我的一生了,我可以再多等一段时间。
-Bree: Mmm.
嗯。
-George: But let's be honest. There's no guarantee that you'll ever be ready.
guarantee: 保证
但是让我们坦诚点,没有保证你会一直准备着。
There's only so much rejection I can take.
rejection: 拒绝
我所能承受的拒绝只有这么多了。
So, I'll do my best,
do one’s best: 尽力
所以...我会全力以赴,
but don't be surprised if one of these days you wake up and I'm not here.
wake up: 醒来
但是... 不要感到惊讶,如果有些天某一天你醒来然后...我不在这了。
Well, I should get back to my room, try to get a little sleep.
我该回房,试着睡会觉了。
The antique stores open at ten.
antique: 古董
古董店十点开门。
-Bree: George, wait. Please don't go. Stay here with me.
George,等等。请别走。跟我一起待在这儿。
-George: But what if you get another rash?
但是如果你的皮疹又起了怎么办?
-Bree: Well, I'll just have to get over it, won't I?
get over: 克服
恩,那我就要克服它,不是么?
-David: Gabrielle? I got your call. Wow! Does this mean what I think it means?
Gabrielle?我接到你的电话了...这是不是意味着我想它表示的意思?
-Gabrielle: There are some ground rules first. I'm not leaving my husband.
ground: 基本的 rule: 规则
首先有一些条件,我不会离开我丈夫的。
Carlos is looking at spending eight years in jail because of my lapse of judgment with the gardener.
lapse: 过失 judgment: 判断 gardener: 园丁
Carlos将在监狱里待上八年,因为我对园丁的判断失误。
I can't let him rot in there. I'd be filled with guilt.
fill with: 使…充满
我不能让他烂在这,我会满心内疚的。
-David: You could get him out and then divorce him.
divorce: 离婚
你能把他从这弄出去然后和他离婚。
-Gabrielle: Not an option. I'm Catholic, hence the guilt.
option: 选择 Catholic: 天主教徒 hence: 因此
这不是个选择。我是天主教徒,因此我会内疚。
-David: So, what are our options?
那么我们的选择是什么?
-Gabrielle: This, us, stolen moments, seeing each other whenever we can.
stole: 偷窃
恩,我们,偷着找时间见面,只要我们可以。
Carlos never needs to know.
Carlos永远不用知道。
-David: No.
不。
-Gabrielle: I thought this was what you wanted.
我以为这就是你想想要的。
-David: I want all of you. All or nothing.
all or nothing: (指在某一行动的进程中)需要做出全部努力;一切或一无所有
我要你的全部。全部还是或是什么都没有。
-Gabrielle: Then it's nothing.
那么就是什么都没有。
-David: So you won't get a divorce, but you'll have an affair?
affair: 婚外情
那么你不会离婚,但是你会有风流韵事?
-Gabrielle: I said I was Catholic, not a fanatic.
fanatic: (对宗教、政治等)狂热者,盲信者
我说过我是天主教徒,不是盲信徒。
You know, David, you could tell me to stop.
你知道,David。你可以让我停下来了。
Just tell me to stop, and I will, or you can have me right now, on my terms.
on one’s own terms: 根据自己的主张或条件 term: 条件
让我停下来,我会的,或者你现在就可以拥有我...在我的条件。
-David: All right.
好吧。
-David: Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow! What are you doing?
哦! 你在做什么?
-Gabrielle: Making my point. You don't love me.
make my point: 证明论点正确
表明我的意思。你不爱我。
-David: Yes, I do.
不,我爱。
-Gabrielle: No. You just agreed to an affair.
agree to: 赞成,赞同
不,你刚刚同意了一桩风流韵事...
A cheap, illicit affair with the woman you love?
illicit: 非法的
一个廉价的,违法的韵事跟一个你"爱" 的女人。
Carlos would never share me.
Carlos 永远不会分享我的。
He's looking at eight years in prison because the mere thought of it sent him into a violent rage.
mere: 仅仅的 sent into: 使处于某种状态,使变得 violent: 激烈的,猛烈的 rage: 怒火
他将在监狱里待上八年,因为一点点这样的想法就让他暴怒。
That is love. This is, this is just lust, mixed with posttraumatic stress.
lust: 性欲,情欲 posttraumatic: 外伤后的
那是爱,这是...这只是性欲,混合着外伤的压力。
I will see you in court tomorrow at ten a.m. and don't be late, or else I'll have you disbarred for sexual harassment.
disbar: 取消律师资格 sexual: 性的 harassment: 扰乱
明天上午10点法庭上见,别迟到。不然我会因性骚扰将你逐出法庭。
-Mike: I'd take it easy with that snail poison. It's hell on your agapanthus.
take it easy: 不慌不忙,从容不迫 snail: 蜗牛 agapanthus: 产在非洲的爱情花
我将慢慢对付那些蜗牛毒药的,这是你的爱情花上天敌。
-Paul: Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.
keep in mind: 把…记在心里
谢谢。我会记在心里的。
Is that why you stopped by, to share a few gardening tips?
gardening: 园艺 tip: 指点
这就是你拜访的原因吗...分享一个新的园艺技巧?
-Mike: Nobody wants you here, Paul, especially me.
especially: 尤其,特别
没有人想让你在这,Paul,特别是我。
-Paul: I'm just a father looking for his son.
我只是个在寻找儿子的父亲。
-Mike: Oh, I know what you are.
哦,我知道你是什么。
-Paul: First, your girlfriend tries to run me off with some crazy story about sending Zach to Utah.
run off: 驱走,赶走
首先,你的女朋友设法想让我走掉,用一些疯狂的关于将Zach送到犹他的故事。
Now you're here trying to scare me away.
scare away: 吓跑
现在你又想把我吓跑。
So much for love thy neighbor.
neighbor: 邻居
对于"爱你的邻居" 已经足够了。
Anyway, thanks for the advice. About my agapanthus, I mean.
advice: 忠告,劝告
无论如何,谢谢你的建议。关于我的爱情花,我说。
I'll make sure I send you some.
我保证会送你一点。
-Mike: What did Susan tell you?
Susan跟你说了什么?
-Sophie: Oh! You look beautiful. Oh, you should really consider wearing this when you marry Mike.
你看起来美极了。当你嫁给Mike时,你真的应该考虑穿这个。
We could make it a family tradition.
tradition: 传统
我可以将它变成一个家庭传统。
-Susan: Why don't we both stop getting divorced? That would be a nice family tradition.
我们俩为什么不都停止离婚?那将是个不错的家庭传统。
Hey!
嗨!
-Mike: I need to ask you something important.
我要问你一些重要的事。
-Sophie: Oh, my god! Ah! This is it! Oh! Let me get my camera.
camera: 照相机
哦,我的天哪! 啊! 就是这个!哦!让我拿我的相机来。
-Susan: Oh, no, mom, stop! What is it?
哦,不,妈妈,停下!怎么了?
-Mike: Did you give Zach money to go to Utah?
你是不是给了Zach去犹他的钱?
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Mike: Yes or no?
是还是不是?
-Susan: He was talking so much about Julie.
他说了太多关于Julie的事。
I tried to get him to come home with me, I mean, to, to you,
我试着让他跟我一起回家...我是说,回...回你那,
but he just kept going on and on about her, and I got scared.
但是他只是不听地在说她,然后我害怕了。
-Mike: Yes or no?
是还是不是?
-Susan: Yes. Mike.
是Mike.
-Susan: Mike, I didn't do it to hurt you. You've gotta believe me. I...
Mike,我这样做不是想伤害你。你要相信我。我...
I, I should have told you right away. I, I know that.
我应该立刻告诉你。我知道,
But you know now, so can we please talk about it?
但是你现在知道了,所以请让我们谈谈这个可以吗?
-Mike: No.
不。
-Susan: Mike, stop.
Mike,停下。
-Mike: Susan, you said you wanted to help me, and I believed you.
Susan,你说过你想帮我,而我相信了你。
That's it. We're done.
done: 结束了
就这样,我们完了。
-Susan: No, no, no, no, no!
不,不,不,不!
I screwed up, okay? I want to fix it! Please let me fix it! Tell me how to fix it!
screw up: 搞砸 fix: 安排,决定
我从头再来,好吗?!我想处理它!请让我来处理它!告诉我你怎么处理它!
Mike, I love you!
Mike... 我爱你
Please, no, please, please. No, Mike! Mike!
拜托,不,求你了。求你了,不,Mike! Mike!
No, Mike, Mike! Come back! Come back!
不,Mike,Mike!回来!回来!
No, no, no.
不,不,不。
-Mary Alice: Yes, every little girl dreams of a big white wedding.
是的,每个小女孩都梦想在盛大的婚礼穿着白色的婚纱,
But some dreams just don’t come true.
但是有的梦想就是不能实现。
词汇解析:amber 校对:Cici



评 论


