第四季: 第二集 第三集 第四集 第五集 第六集 第七集 第八集 第九集 第十集 第十一集 第十二集 第十三集 第十四集 第十五集 第十六集 第十七集
看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第四季 01集:Now You Know
-Mary Alice: Previously On Desperate Housewife.
previously: 事先,以前 desperate: 绝望的,极度需要的
绝望主妇,前情提要。
Susan and Mike finally tied the knot.
tie the knot: 结婚,喜结良缘 knot: 结 tie: 系,拴,绑
Susan和Mike终于破镜重圆。
Lynette got some disturbing news.
disturbing: 烦扰的
Lynette的生活出现不平静。
-Stella: Where the hell do you get off having cancer and not telling me about it?
hell: 地狱 the hell:究竟,到底
你怎么竟然得了癌症,却不告诉我?
-Lynette: Mom.
妈妈。
-Mary Alice: Bree returned from her trip...
return from: 从…返回
Bree度假归来...
-Gabrielle: Holy crap!
holy:(表示惊讶、懊丧的感叹语)哎呀,糟糕 crap: 废话,废物
搞什么。
-Mary Alice: With a surprise.
带来意外惊喜。
-Orson: There you go.
好了。
-Mary Alice: Gaby married victor.
Gaby 嫁给了Victor。
-Milton: Gaby is the smartest thing you've ever done.
Gaby是你最明智的一次选择了
With her bringing in the Latino vote, the governor's mansion's as good as yours.
Latino: 拉丁美洲人 vote: 选票 governor: 州长,省长 mansion: 官邸,大厦 as good as: 几乎,实际上
有她帮你拉拢拉美的选票,州长大楼已经是你的囊中之物了
-Mary Alice: While Carlos...
当Carlos...
-Edie: Why are you so reluctant to make a commitment to me?
reluctant: 不情愿的 commitment: 承诺 make a commitment to: 对…做出承诺,负责任
你为什么就不愿意给我个承诺呢?
-Mary Alice: Ended it with Edie.
和Edie走到了末路。
-Carlos: I am done with you.
我们到此为止。
-Mary Alice: But the search for true happiness
search for: 寻找,搜寻
但是对幸福的追求。
Led to events
lead to: 导致,引起 event: 事件,大事,事情
所带来的结果
That were unexpected and distinctly... desperate.
unexpected: 没有料到的 distinctly: 显然地,确实地
却是出人意料,又那么的绝望。
-Mary Alice:The first thing you should know is that Edie Britt never actually intended to die.
intend to: 打算
你要知道的第一件事是,Edie Britt其实并没有想过要死。
But someone she loved was trying to leave her.
但是她爱的人想要离开她。
So she planned every detail from the silk scarf she’d hang by, to the suicide note detailing her despair.
detail: (名)细节,(动)详述,详细说明 silk: 丝绸 scarf: 围巾 suicide note: 绝命书 suicide: 自杀
所以她计划了一切,从上吊用的丝巾,到用来表达她绝望的遗言。
Now all Edie had to do was wait for her beloved to come home.
beloved: 心爱的,心爱的人
现在Edie所要做的,就是等待...她的爱人回家。
-Carlos: Hey, Edie! I’m here to get my stuff!
stuff: 东西,行李
Edie! 我来收拾我的东西。
-Mary Alice: You see, to hold on to her man, Edie knew she’d have to find the perfect moment to let go.
hold on to: 抓住,抓牢,坚持 let go: 放开,松手,释放
你瞧,为了留住自己的男人,Edie很清楚要抓紧最佳时机,放手一搏。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Hey Carlos!
嘿,Carlos!
-Mary Alice: Sadly for Edie…
可怜的Edie...
-Mrs. McCluskey: Could I talk to you?
我能跟你谈谈吗?
-Mary Alice: Her timing was fatally flawed.
fatally: 不幸地,致命地 flawed: 有缺陷的,错误的
她的时机被彻底毁了。
-Carlos: Mrs. McCluskey.
Mccluskey夫人?
-Mrs. McCluskey: I need to show you something. Come here!
我有东西给你看。来。
-Mrs. McCluskey: What’s this!?
这是什么?
-Carlos: Ahhh, those are trash cans.
trash can: 垃圾箱 trash: 垃圾,废物 can: 罐头,罐,桶,箱
是垃圾桶。
-Mrs. McCluskey: I know they are trash cans, smart ass!
smart ass: 自作聪明的人 smart: 明智的,聪明的 ass: 驴,傻瓜
我知道是垃圾桶,机灵鬼。
I’m asking what they are doing out on a Saturday night when the trash got picked up on Thursday.
do out: 打扫,收拾 pick up: 收拾,接取
我是说,怎么会星期六晚上摆在这里,星期四才是收垃圾的日子。
-Carlos: Fine, I will take them in. Happy now?
好吧,我拿进去。开心了吧?
-Mrs. McCluskey: Carlos? What the hell is that?
hell: 地狱 the hell: 究竟,到底
Carlos...那是什么啊?
-Mary Alice: And this is now Carlos Solis arrived just in the nick of time to save the life of Edie Britt.
nick: 紧要关头,恰是时候 in the nick of time: 正是时候,恰好
这就是Carlos Solis,如何歪打正着,救了Edie的命。
-Carlos: Oh Baby. What did you do? Come on, girl, wake up. Come on please.
wake up: 醒来,弄醒
噢,天啊,你这是做什么?天啊,醒醒啊。别这样,好吗
-Mary Alice: Of course had he known what she was about to do to his life he would have let her hang there.
当然,如果他知道,这对他的人生将有何影响,他绝对不会多此一举的。
-Mary Alice: There is a certain time of night
每天晚上都有个时间,
when children have been put to bed and husbands have begun snoring,
snore: 打鼾,呼噜
当孩子们已经上床睡觉,丈夫们已经鼾声四起,
that women lie awake and think of the secrets they’ve been keeping from their friends.
妻子们躺在床上,思考着那些一直没向朋友公开的秘密。
It might be an impromptu wedding…
impromptu: 即兴的,临时的 wedding: 婚礼
可能是关于一场即兴婚礼...
Or a recently diagnosed tumor.
diagnose: 诊断 tumor: 肿块,肿瘤
刚刚被诊断出的肿瘤,
Or a make believe pregnancy.
make believe: 假装 pregnancy: 怀孕
又或者是假装怀孕。
Regardless, it’s all they will think of
regardless: 不管怎样,无论如何
不管怎样。她们会一直这样想下去...
until something comes along to remind them that other people have secrets too.
直到某件事提醒她们意识到人人都有秘密。
-Susan: Carlos. How is she?
Carlos...她怎么样了?
-Bree: What did the doctor say?
医生说什么了?
-Carlos: Ah, they’ve got Edie on a ventilator, but she’s going to be okay.
ventilator: 呼吸机
他们给Edie戴了个呼吸器,但她应该不会有事的。
-Lynette: What the hell happened? How could she pull a stunt like this?
pull a stunt: 做惊人之举 stunt: 噱头,惊人的表演 like this: 这样地,如此地
到底发生了什么事?她怎么会做这种蠢事呢?
-Carlos: She left a note which pretty much blames me.
pretty much: 几乎,差不多 blame: 责备
她留了一张字条,是责怪我的。
-Lynette: Ah, Sweetie.
噢,亲爱的。
-Susan: I can’t believe this is happening. It’s like Mary Alice all over again.
all over again: 从头再来一次
真不敢相信发生这种事。就像是Mary Alice的事重演。
-Bree: Yes, but the good news is she is going to live.
是啊,好在她还会活着。
-Lynette: I know it’s her wedding night, but do you think we should call Gaby?
wedding night: 新婚之夜
我知道今晚是她的新婚夜,但你说我们该告诉Gaby吗?
-Carlos: Oh crap!
crap: 废话,废物
噢,该死。
-Victor: Gaby, you know this better be one hell of a wedding night.
Gaby? 知道吗?这最好是个难忘的新婚夜,
Considering how long you are taking in there.
considering: 考虑到,就…而论
鉴于你在里面待了那么长时间。
-Gabrielle: Trust me, Victor. This will be a night you will never forget.
相信我,Victor。这将是你终生难忘的夜晚。
-Carlos: Let’s get out of here.
我们离开这儿。
-Gabrielle: What?
什么?
-Carlos: I’m serious. You, me, just screw it all. Let’s run away together.
screw: 旋,拧【把情况搞糟糕】
我说真的,你和我,抛开一切。我们...我们私奔吧。
-Gabrielle: I just got married. There are two hundred people out there waiting for me to lead a conga line.
conga: 康茄舞 lead a line: 领舞
我才刚结婚。外面有两百个人等着我开始跳康加舞。
-Carlos: Gaby, you just said you don’t feel like Victor really loves you
feel like: 有…的感觉
Gaby 你刚说,你觉得Victor并不是真的爱你,
and you know I do. I’ve never stopped.
你知道我爱你的,从没停止过。
-Gabrielle: I can’t dump him on our wedding day. That’s a horrible thing to do. Even to Victor.
dump: 抛弃 horrible: 可怕的
我不能在结婚当天抛下他,那样太很过分了,就算是对Vicor来说。
-Carlos: He’ll get over it. But I’ve never gotten over losing you
他会熬过去的,但是我永远无法接受失去你。
and I won’t let it happen again.
我也不会再让这种事发生。
-Victor: Gaby are you in here? Gaby?
Gaby,你在里面吗? Gaby?
-Victor: Oh hi.
噢,嗨。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, I was just counting gifts. Ha ha.
嗨。我正...数礼物呢。
-Victor: Oh, that’s fine. I was actually looking for that publicist guy. You haven’t seen him have you.
actually: 实际上 look for: 寻找 publicist: 政治记者,时事评论员
噢,没什么。我..我在找那个新闻宣传员,你看到他了吗?
-Gabrielle: No.
没。
-Victor: Okay, I’ll give a holler when I need you.
holler: 叫喊
好的,需要你时我会叫你的。
-Gabrielle: Come out.
出来。
-Carlos: Who doesn’t wear underwear on their wedding day?
有谁结婚会不穿内裤啊?
-Gabrielle: Focus you idiot! Come on, when are we leaving?
idiot: 白痴
噢,认真点,你个白痴。拜托,我们什么时候走啊?
-Carlos: So, we’re doing this? Great.
所以你是答应了?好极了。
Ah, it’ll take me a few hours to get things together. I’m going to pick you up tonight.
我需要花些时间收拾东西。今晚我来接你。
Just be packed and ready to go.
收拾好了就走。
-Gabrielle: Okay, wait. Aren’t you going to kiss the bride?
bride: 新娘
好的,等等! 你不吻一下新娘吗?
-Gabrielle: Finally. Carlos, where the hell are you?
hell: 地狱 the hell: 究竟,到底
可算来了。Carlos,你死哪去了?
-Carlos: I’m at the hospital. Edie tried to kill herself.
我在医院,Edie今晚自杀了。
-Gabrielle: Oh my God, is she okay?
噢,天啊。她没事吧?
-Carlos: I found her just in time, but obviously, I can’t come to pick you up tonight.
obviously: 明显地
还好我及时赶到,但显然,我没办法去接你了。
-Gabrielle: Okay, that’s all right. I’ll just take a cab and meet you.
cab: 出租车
好吧,没关系。我打车去找你。
-Carlos: Gaby. I can’t leave Edie now. Look maybe in a couple weeks.
Gaby,我现在不能离开Edie。听我说,或许等几个星期。
-Gabrielle: In a few weeks? No, it has to be tonight.
几个星期?什么?不行,就要今晚!
Victor’s in the bedroom right now waiting to consummate.
consummate: 完婚,圆房
Victor现在在卧室等着"圆房"。
-Carlos: And Edie’s on a ventilator. Look, you don’t have to stay with Victor. You have a house.
ventilator: 呼吸器
可Edie戴着呼吸器。听着,你不用跟Victor在一起。你有房子的。
-Gabrielle: Okay, you know, running away with you on my wedding night was crazy enough,
wedding night: 新婚之夜 crazy: 疯狂的
好了。知道吗?新婚之夜和你私奔就够疯狂了,
but running away to be alone is insane!
insane: 疯狂的,精神病的
但独自逃跑简直就是神经病。
-Carlos: Gaby, please. She needs me. Can’t you just wait?
Gaby拜托。她需要我,你就不能等等吗?
-Gabrielle: No! I would rather try and work it out with Victor!
try and: 争取,尽力做某事
不能! 我宁愿去想办法讨好Victor。
-Victor: Gaby! Are you coming to bed?
Gaby 你还不上床来吗?
-Susan: Happy one month anniversary.
anniversary: 纪念日
一个月纪念快乐。
-Mike: Oh. I didn’t know we were doing this.
噢,我不知道我们有这么安排。
-Susan: Oh we’ve just been so happy the last four weeks, I thought we should celebrate.
过去那四个星期我们很幸福,所以我想应该庆祝一下。
-Susan: You are happy, right?
你很开心,是吧?
-Mike: Yeah, I’ve never been happier.
当然了,从没这么开心过。
-Susan: Oh, that’s sweet. I don’t believe you.
真好。我不相信。
-Mike: Susan.
Susan。
-Susan: I watch you sometimes and you seem very… disconnected, like something’s missing.
disconnected: 分离的,不连贯的
有时我看着你,你看起来很...有距离感。像是丢了什么东西。
-Mike: Nothing is missing.
什么都没丢。
-Susan: So our life together is exactly how you pictured it. You’ve gotten everything you want?
exactly: 严格地,准确地
那我们的生活和你想象的一样吗?你得到你想要的一切了吗?
-Mike: Yeah, pretty much.
是啊,差不多。
-Susan: Ah ha!
啊哈!
-Mike: Ah ha?
啊哈?
-Susan: Pretty much means there is something that you want that you don’t have.
差不多的意思就是你并没有得到全部想要的。
How can I give it to you if you don’t tell me what it is.
如果你不告诉我是什么,我怎么能给你呢?
-Mike: Susan, I swear, I am ecstatically, beyond my wildest dreams, lip-smackingly happy. You got it?
swear: 发誓 ecstatically: 心醉神迷地,狂喜地 smacking: 发出响声的,拍击 lip-smackingly: 【啧啧赞叹地】
Susan,我发誓。我从没想到过会这么幸福。开心得不得了。你明白了吗?
-Susan: This marriage is doomed.
doomed: 命中注定的,难逃一死的
这段婚姻注定要失败。
-Bree: Andrew, I’m having trouble with my strap, could you help me?
have trouble with: 因…苦恼,与…有纠纷 strap: 绳,皮带
噢,Andrew 我扣不上好带子,帮我一下好吗?
-Andrew: Look, I told you three weeks ago I was no longer participating in your little hoax.
participate: 参加 hoax: 欺骗,欺诈 participate in: 分担,参加
瞧,三个星期前我就告诉你了,我不要再插手你的骗局了。
That includes strapping you in.
strap in: 拴上安全带,系上…
那也包括帮你绑那个。
-Bree: Oh for heaven’s sake. Orson! Could you come help me please?
sake: 缘故 for one’s sake: 看在…的份上
噢,我的老天啊!Orson,你来帮帮我,好吗?
I’ll remember this the next time you want money for leather pants.
leather: 皮革的 pant: 裤子
下次你再想要钱买皮裤时,我会记得这番话的。
-Andrew: People are going to find out and then we are all going to look like idiots.
人们会发现的,好吗?我们就会被人当白痴。
-Bree: Well, not if we’re careful.
如果小心一点,就不会的。
-Andrew: This isn’t the Fifty’s, okay? Teenage girls get pregnant all the time.
pregnant: 怀孕的
现在不是50年代了,好吗?十几岁小姑娘怀孕有的是。
I mean my ex lab partner is practically a grandmother.
ex: 前任 practically: 几乎,实际上 lab: 实验室 partner: 搭档,同伴
之前我的实验搭档已经当外婆了。
-Bree: Look, this family’s reputation is already hanging by a thread.
reputation: 名誉 thread: 线 hang by a thread: 千钧一发,摇摇欲坠
听着,这个家的荣誉已经面临威胁。
I mean first people thought that your stepfather was a wife killer,
stepfather: 继父 killer: 杀手
起初人们认为你继父是个杀妻凶手,
then your sister takes off with her history teacher,
接着你妹妹又和历史老师搞上,
and now we’re supposed to parade the little bastard up and down the street.
parade: 展示 bastard: 私生子 suppose: 假定,以为 be supposed to: 被认为,应当 up and down: 上上下下
现在我们出门还要带着一个小混蛋,
I mean we might as well sit on the porch and play banjos!
might as well: 不妨 porch: 门廊 banjo: 五弦琴
我们或许还要坐在门廊,弹弹琴。
-Orson: Bree. You know there’s a moving van next door.
van: 货车 moving van: 搬家卡车
Bree,隔壁来了辆搬家的车。
-Parker: Mom! Are you awake?
妈妈,你醒了吗
-Lynette: Okay Honey, just give me a minute.
亲爱的,等下,马上。
-Lynette: Hey! Hey, my wig is gone. Where is it?
wig: 假发
嘿,嘿。我的假发不见了,去哪儿了?
-Tom: It’s on the night stand.
night stand: 床头柜
在床头柜上。
-Lynette: No, no, I’m looking at the night stand and all I see are a few stray hairs
stray: 独自的,零散的
没,没有。我正在这儿找呢,只有几撮头发。
and this sports blooper DVD you thought would cheer me up.
blooper: 引起杂音的收音机,大挫折 DVD: 数字化视频光盘 cheer up: 使振作,使高兴起来
还有这张你用来哄我开心的DVD。
-Tom: Tate Manning is funny.
Tate Manning很有趣。
-Parker: Mom!
妈妈!
-Lynette: Hey, I’m coming! Don’t’ just lie there like a lump, come on and help me look!
lump: 愚笨的人
嘿,我来了!嘿,别跟个傻子一样坐在那儿,拜托,帮我找啊。
-Tom: God, there are certain moments when it occurs to me that wouldn’t it be easier if we just told everyone that you have Cancer!
occur to: 使想起,…发生
噢,天啊,亲爱的。真讨厌这样。直接告诉大家你得了癌症,不是更简单吗?
-Lynette: Oh, I found it!
噢,找到了。
-Tom: Look, I mean, I get not wanting to scare the kids but to keep all of our friends in the dark its…
scare: 吓坏 keep sb. in dark: 向…隐瞒,保密
听我说,我知道你不想吓到孩子们,但是瞒着所有的朋友…
-Lynette: (putting on her wig) Look, I can deal with the Chemo.
deal with: 处理,忍受 Chemo: 化疗
听着,化疗不算什么。
I can deal with people telling me my hair has never looked better,
我也不介意人们告诉我我头发从没这么好看过,
but what I cannot deal with is the pity, so we are doing it my way.
但是我受不了被同情,所以按照我的方式来。
-Tom: You were crooked.
crooked: 弯曲的,邪恶的,不诚实的
歪了。(暗指她心里想太多)
-Lynette: Hey. Sweetie, what’s up?
嘿,亲爱的,怎么了?
-Parker: There’s a moving van across the street.
街对面有辆搬家的货车。
-Victor: So you’ll handle this right away? And don’t worry about getting top dollar I want this place priced to move.
handle: 处理 top dollar: 高价格
您想现在就登记吗?不用管什么最高价钱,够搬家的钱就行了。
-Gabrielle: What’s going on here?
这里怎么了?
-Victor: We’re meeting with our realtor. Gaby, you remember Gill?
realtor: 房地产经纪人
我在见我们的房地产经纪人。Gaby,你记得Gil的。
-Gabrielle: I remember telling you I wasn’t ready to sell the house yet.
be ready to: 准备,即将
我记得我告诉你,我还没想卖房子。
-Victor: Gill, could you give us a minute please?
Gil 麻烦回避下好吗?
-Gill: Yeah.
好。
-Victor: Gaby, we agreed that after we got married you would sell the house.
Gaby 我们说好等我们结婚后,你就卖房子的。
-Gabrielle: I still have a lot of stuff here.
stuff: 东西
里面还有我很多东西的。
-Victor: My house is over ten thousand square feet, I’m pretty sure there are closets.
square feet: 平方英尺 closet: 柜子 square: 平方 feet: 英尺
我的房子1万多尺,我肯定有很多柜子的。
-Gabrielle: I’m just not in a rush to unload this house, okay?
rush: 匆促 in a rush: 急急忙忙,繁忙 unload: 摆脱,从…卸下货物
我还不急着把这房子清空,好吗?
This was my home. I was very happy here.
这曾是我的家,我在这儿很开心。
-Victor: Well you got a new home now. Aren’t you happy there?
但我们有新家了,难道你在那儿不开心吗
-Gabrielle: Yeah, it a great house.
那房子很棒。
-Victor: Well, good, then sell this place. What are you waiting for?
很好,那就把这儿卖了!你还在等什么?
-Gabrielle: I’m not waiting for anything. Oh look, a moving van.
我没在等什么。噢,瞧,搬家的车。
-Gabrielle: New neighbors. What do we know?
新邻居。知道什么吗?
-Bree: Well, dining chairs, there’s a clue.
dining chair: 餐椅 clue: 线索 dining: 进餐
噢,餐椅。这是个线索。
-Lynette: Yes, it proves they eat sitting down.
是啊,证明了他们坐着吃饭。
-Bree: No, I mean they’re Sticklys. That means they have taste.
Sticklys: 餐椅的品牌
不是,我是说他们是Sticklys的,说明他们有品位。
-Gabrielle: And money. They’ve been remodeling for weeks.
remodel: 改造,改型,装修
还有钱,他们重新装修了好几个星期。
-Susan: I wish Edie were here. Without her there’s no one here to give us the dish.
dish: 菜肴【小道消息】
我希望Edie在这儿。没有她,我们什么消息都搞不到。
-Bree: Yet another illustration of the fundamental selfishness of suicide.
illustration: 例证 fundamental: 基本的,基本原理 selfishness: 自私 suicide: 自杀
再次充分说明自杀是很自私的行为。
-Gabrielle: You think this is them?
你说是他们吗?
-Susan: Oh my God, Katherine.
噢,天啊,Katherine。
-Susan: Katherine!
Katherine!
-Katherine: Ah, Susan!
Susan!
-Susan: I cannot believe it has been twelve years. You haven’t changed a bit.
真不敢相信,已经12年了。你一点都没变
-Katherine: You clearly have, your eyesight’s going.
eyesight: 视力 clearly: 明显地
你可是变了,你的眼神儿变好了。
-Susan: How’s your aunt? Katherine use to live here with Mrs. Sims.
你姨妈怎样了?Katherine以前和Sims夫人住在这里。
-Katherine: No very well, I’m afraid. That’s really the reason why we moved back.
不太好。我们搬回来是有原因的。
We didn’t want poor Aunt Lily to spend her final days in a nursing home.
nursing home: 疗养院 nursing: 护理,看护,小型私人医院
我不希望可怜的Lily的姨妈,最后的日子是在疗养院度过。
-Bree: That is so kind of you.
你真体贴。
-Susan: Yeah, it is.
是啊。
-Katherine: And as luck would have it, my husband found a job here.
as luck would have it: 幸运地,不幸地
噢,不过走运的是。我丈夫在这儿找到一份工作。
-Katherine: Adam, could you wave or something?
wave: 挥手,招手 or something: 或诸如此类的事情
Adam,你招个手好吗?
-Adam: Hello ladies. Looking forward to meeting you when I’m a little less sweaty.
sweaty: 出汗的 look forward to: 期望,盼望
好啊,女士们。没出这么多汗时,就很期待和各位见面了。
-Gabrielle: He’s a cutie! What does he do?
cutie: 讨人喜欢的人
他真可爱,他是做什么的?
-Katherine: He’s a doctor.
他是个医生。
-Lynette:Okay, don’t take this personally, but we hate you.
personally: 就个人而言 hate: 讨厌
好,不是针对你。但我们讨厌你。
-Dylan: Mom? I finished unpacking my room. Do you need any help?
unpack: 拆包,打开行李
妈妈?我的房间收拾好了。要帮忙吗?
-Susan: Oh my God. This is not little Dylan? I’m Susan, Julie’s mom.
噢,天啊。这不是小Dylan吧?我是Susan,Julie的妈妈。
She is going to be so excited to see you.
她一定会很高兴见到你的。
-Dylan: Great. Who’s Julie again?
好啊。Julie是谁来着?
-Katherine: Honey, you remember your best friend when you were little.
亲爱的,你记得吗?你小时候最好的朋友。
-Dylan: Oh right.
噢,对啊。
-Katherine: Why don’t you go help your stepfather with the last few boxes?
stepfather: 继父
你何不去帮你继父收拾最后几个箱子呢?
-Dylan: It was nice meeting you all.
很高兴见到你们。
-Bree: What a beautiful family. I feel so lucky to have you for a neighbor.
多好的一家人啊。有你这样的邻居我真是觉得走运。
-Katherine: No, I am the lucky one. Look at my view.
view: 视野,风景
不,我才是走运的呢。看看窗前的风景。
Your garden is absolutely breathtaking. And that pine tree in the back yard.
absolutely: 绝对地 breathtaking: 惊艳的,激动人心的 pine: 松树 back yard: 后庭
你的院子真是美得惊人。后院的那棵松树。
-Bree: It’s my pride and joy.
那是我的骄傲和乐趣。
-Katherine: Oh it absolutely kills me to have to ask you to cut it down.
cut down: 把…砍倒
噢,要让你们把它砍了,真是太折磨了。
-Bree: Excuse me?
你说什么?
-Katherine: Well I’m sorry but I’m not going to be able to grow my prize winning vegetables with that tree blocking all the sunlight.
block: 阻挡
我很抱歉,但是有那棵树挡住所有的阳光,我没法种我的获奖蔬菜。
-Bree: Oh, I’m sorry about your vegetables but that pine blocks my view of the Purcell’s back yard
噢,是啊。我很遗憾。但那棵松树能不让我看到Purcell的后院,
and if you’ve ever seen Mr. Purcell sun bath, well you’d know exactly what that tree means to me.
sun bath: 日光浴 exactly: 严格地
如果你看到Purcell先生晒日光浴,你就知道那棵树对我意味着什么了。
-Katherine: Well, I don’t want to quarrel. We will not touch that tree until we have come up with a solution to our problem. Curtains perhaps?
quarrel: 吵架 come up with: 提出 solution: 解决方法 curtain: 窗帘
我不想有什么纠纷。在我们想出解决办法之前,是不会碰那棵树的。或许用窗帘吧?
-Susan: So you’re back. How fun. I should have a brunch so that everyone can get to know you.
brunch: 早午餐
你回来了。真是开心。我应该办个早午餐,那样大家就都能认识你了。
-Katherine: No, no need. I’m having a barbeque this Saturday. I’m inviting the whole neighborhood.
barbeque: 烧烤 neighborhood: 邻居
不,不用了,这周六我会办烧烤会的。会把所有邻居都请来。
-Susan: Oh, you don’t need to do that.
噢,你不用那么做的。
-Katherine: I insist. I have missed Wisteria Lane so much
insist: 坚持 wisteria: 紫藤 lane: 小巷,小道
我坚持,我非常想念紫藤巷。
and I want to do something special for my dear old friends. And all you lovely newcomers.
newcomer: 新来的人 special: 特别的 lovely: 可爱的
我想为我那些亲爱的老朋友们做些特别的事,还有你们这些新邻居。
-Bree: The nice thing about this fake pregnancy is that my feet don’t swell.
fake: 假的 pregnancy: 怀孕 swell: 肿胀
假怀孕最好的就是我的脚不会肿。
And I really wouldn’t be able to squeeze into the sling backs if I really was eight and a half months pregnant.
squeeze: 压榨 squeeze into: 挤入,塞入 sling: 吊带 sling back: 后孔凉鞋
我是说如果我怀孕8个半月,是绝对挤不进这些鞋子的。
-Mrs. McKeever: Bree, don’t you look radiant.
radiant: 容光焕发的
Bree!你看起来真是光彩照人啊。
-Bree: Oh hello, Mrs. McKeever.
你好啊,Mckeever夫人。
-Mrs. McKeever: Well I heard that you were expecting, but I had no idea how far along you were. May I?
expecting: 怀孕的 have no idea: 不知道
我知道你快生了,但不知道都已经这么大了,介意我摸摸吗?
-Bree: Oh! There’s no need. The baby’s just not kicking right now.
噢,不用了。宝宝现在没踢我。
-Mrs. McKeever: Sometimes, if you give them a little jiggle, you can get them to move.
jiggle: 轻摇,微动
有时给他们一点点轻微的摇动,就会让他们动起来。
-Bree: Oh!!
噢!
-Orson: Oh, she doesn’t really want to be jiggled right now. She’s very sensitive down there.
sensitive: 敏感的
噢,她现在不是很想动,她很敏感的。
-Mrs. McKeever: But I’ll be gentle. You know in my day mother’s thought that it was good luck.
gentle: 温柔的
但我会很温柔的。知道吗?我那时候妈妈们会把这当作是种好运。
-Bree: Perhaps I need to make my point a little more clearly!
make one’s point: 讲出关键性问题
或许我该把话说的更清楚一些。
-Mrs. McKeever: Bree. You’re hurting me.
Bree,你弄疼我了。
-Manager: Is there a problem here?
有什么问题吗?
-Bree: No, not at all. I’m just saying hello to a very dear friend of mine.
say hello to: 和…打招呼
没,完全没有。我只是跟一位非常好的朋友打个招呼。
-Bree: Are you going to back off now?
back off: 放弃,后退
你可以死心了吗?
-Orson: Cars here dear. Lovely to see you Mrs. McKeever.
车来了,亲爱的。很高兴见到你 Mckeever夫人。
-Bree: Why must old ladies always do that?’
怎么老太太都爱那样做啊?
-Orson: I don’t know but you’ve got to stop roughing them up!
rough up: 对…动粗,伤害
不知道,但你不能再凶他们了!
-Nurse: I’m sorry, Susan, Dr. Gornburg just had a patient go into labor.
labor: 分娩
对不起,Susan。Gorenberg医生刚好有个病人分娩。
His new partner is covering for him if you are comfortable with that.
cover: 补位 partner: 搭档 cover for: 顶替,代替
他的新搭档在替他,如果你不介意的话。
-Susan: Sure, I’m just here for a check up.
check up: 检查,调查
当然我只是来做个检查。
-Nurse: Doctor?
医生?
-Adam: Thank you. Hi, I’m Dr. Mayfair. I’m going to….
谢谢,没什么。嗨,我是Mayfair医生。我要...
-Adam: Hold it. Have we met?
等下,我们是不是见过?
-Susan: Yes, yesterday. Susan Meyer, your new neighbor.
是的,昨天。Susan Mayer,你的新邻居。
-Adam: Right.
没错。
-Susan: I..I didn’t know you were this kind of doctor.
我..我不知道你是这种医生。
-Adam: I sure am.
我肯定。
-Susan: Listen, um,.. maybe this isn’t…
听我说...恩。或许这不太...
-Adam: Feet up please.
请抬脚。
-Susan: Okay.
好的。
-Adam: And slouch down.
slouch: 坐 slouch down: 躺下
躺下。
-Susan: It’s just that it’s weird you know considering you’re ..Where’d you go?
weird: 奇怪的 considering: 考虑到
只是这样很奇怪,就是。考虑到你是...你去哪儿了?
-Adam: And relax.
放松。
-Susan: Sorry.
抱歉。
-Adam: And relax.
放松。
-Susan: Sorry.
抱歉。
-Adam: And relax.
放松。
-Susan: Sorry, Hey, not to change the subject but when is Dr. Gornburg coming back?
subject: 话题 change: 改变 change the subject: 改变话题
对不起。嘿,不是想换话题,但Gorenberg医生什么时候回来?
-Adam: Almost done. You know, Katherine has talked about you for years.
快好了。你知道的,Katherine一直都在说你的事。
It’s nice to finally put a face to the name.
put a face to the name: 【把面孔放到名字上,意思就是见到本人】
很高兴终于能见到本人了。
-Murielle: Lynette!
Lynette!
-Lynette: Murielle, how are you doing? What’s up? You look good.
Murielle,你好吗?怎么啦?你看着不错。
-Murielle: Don’t try to sweet talk me, Lynette Scavo, I am fit to be tied.
sweet talk: 甜言蜜语,奉承巴结 fit to be tied: 十分激动,恼火 fit: 合适的,恰当的
别说好听的,Lynette Scavo,我可不吃那套。
Did you or did you not volunteer to run the fundraising gala?
volunteer: 志愿 fundraising: 募捐活动 gala: 节日 volunteer to: 自愿做……
你到底有没有志愿负责基金筹备活动?
-Lynette: Yeah. Things have been a little weird lately.
weird: 奇怪的 lately: 近来,最近
是的,最近事情有点小古怪。
-Murielle: Don’t even think of wriggling out of this Lynette.
wriggle out of : 靠耍滑避免 wriggle: 蠕动
别以为你能就这么甩手走人,Lynette。
Every other third grade mom has chaired an event. It is your turn!
every other: 所有其他的人 chair: 主持 event: 运动项目,活动
所有其他三年级的妈妈都有举办过慈善活动,现在该你了。
-Lynette: Okay. I’ll jump right on it.
jump on: 跳上,应付,努力解决 jump: 跳跃
好吧。我全力以付。
-Murielle: Great, okay.
很好,好的。
-Stella: See, that’s where someone with half a brain would played the Cancer card.
play card: 打牌
瞧,一般这时候就是白痴也会打出癌症的招牌了。
-Lynette: I can handle it.
我能行的。
-Stella: Like hell! You’ve been nauseous all day from the Chemo.
hell: 地狱 nauseous: 令人作呕的 chemo: 化疗
做完化疗你恶心一天。
-Lynette: Shhhhh!
嘘。
-Stella: (whispering) You shouldn’t even be here.
你就不该来。
-Lynette: It’s my life. Some stupid disease is not going to keep me from living it.
stupid: 愚蠢的 disease: 疾病 keep from doing: 阻止做
这是我的人生。那些愚蠢的疾病别想阻挡我。
Beside, Parker is expecting to see me.
而且,parker想让我来。
-Stella: Okay he saw you. We’ll duck out when the lights go down.
duck: 闪避 duck out: 巧妙地避开
来,他看到你了。我们趁着灯光暗下来就溜走。
-Lynette: He’s going to be watching for me all day. He’s one of the leads.
他会一整天都盯着我的。他是主角之一。
-Stella: He’s Friar Tuck. It’s a thankless role.
thankless: 不讨好的,徒劳无功的,不受人注意的
他演Friar Tuck,根本没用。
-Adam: Well everything seems normal. But you say you’ve been having irregular periods.
irregular: 不正常的 period: 经期,时期
一切看起来都很正常,但你说最近情况有点不正常。
-Susan: Yeah. You know, one month off, two month on. That happens, right?
是啊,你知道的,很紊乱。会有这种事的,对吗?
-Adam: Ever experience night sweats?
night sweats: 盗汗 sweat: 汗
有过盗汗的时候吗?
-Susan: Um..sometimes. But Mike’s a big spooner. He’s like sleeping with a Hibachi.
spooner: 茶匙盘【嵌的紧紧地,这里指粘人】 Hibachi: (日本)木炭火盆
有时候。可Mike很粘人,(指睡觉离很近)他像是抱了个碳炉睡觉。
-Adam: How about hot flashes?
hot flashes: (妇女更年期的)潮热 flash: 闪现
有间或性发热吗? (更年期症状)
-Susan: Okay, whoa. I’m going to stop you right there. I am way too young for that. Please refer to your chart.
refer to: 参考,查阅 chart: 记录表
好了,喔,就到这儿吧。我还年轻得很呢,请看好病历。
-Adam: Susan, I know for a lot of women the word Menopause has a lot of negative connotations.
Menopause: 停经期,更年期 negative: 负面的 connotation: 含义,隐含意义
Susan 我知道对很多女人来说,停经都不是个让人高兴的事。
They hear aging, brittle bones, loss of sexual desire.
brittle: 脆弱的 sexual: 性行为的 desire: 渴求 sexual desire: 性欲
只会让她们想到老化,疏松的骨头,性冷淡。
-Susan: Okay, before we go any further can I just check those diplomas
check: 检查 diplomas: 证书
好了,趁着还没扯远,能给我看下证书吗?
cause I would just like to make sure they’re not from some med school in the Philippines.
med: 医学的 cause: because,因为
因为我想确认一下,他们不是从菲律宾医学院来的。
-Adam: Look there’s a simple blood test we can use to find out…
simple: 简单的 blood: 血液 test: 测试,检验 blood test: 验血
听我说,可以做个简单的验血来查一下。
-Susan: I don’t need any test. I am not old enough for Menopause.
用不着,我还没到停经的年纪。
Now I don’t know what kind of nonsense they taught you at Harvard Medical School,
nonsense: 胡话 medical: 医学的
我不知道他们胡乱教了你什么。在...哈佛医学院?
Class of 97? Oh My God. I am old! Just gimme the damn test!
gimme=give me damn: 该死的
97届?噢,我的天啊。我真老。动手吧。
-Parker: We will live in these woods until our work is done.
工作完成前我们都要住在树林里。
If the Sheriff comes, we will drive him away with our bows and arrows.
sheriff: 州长,郡治安官 bow: 弓 arrow: 弓箭 drive away: 把…驱开,赶走
如果治安官来了,我们就用弓箭把他赶走。
-Stella: You okay?
你没事吧?
-Lynette: I’m feeling a little ….I’m fine.
我有点...我没事。
-Parker: I am more than just a jolly friar for I can have both a sword and an arrow.
jolly: 愉快的,高兴的 friar: 修道士 sword: 剑
我不只是快乐的Friar,因为我可以同时拿着剑和弓箭,
We must support Robin Hood.
support: 支持
我们必须帮助罗宾汉。
-Lynette: Oh, I’m going to be sick.
sick: 恶心的
天啊,我要吐了。
-Man sitting next to Lynette: Right there with you lady.
陪着你呢,夫人。
-Parker: (on stage) All hail Robin Hood.
hail: 致敬,欢呼
为罗宾汉欢呼!
-Stella: Okay, let’s go.
好了,我们走。
-Lynette: It’s too late!
不,太晚了。
-Lynette: Bravo!! I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’ll get you a new purse.
bravo: 好啊,妙【感叹词】
对不起,对不起,我会给你买个新的。
-Stella: Fine, but that wasn’t my purse.
好啊,但那不是我的包。
-Katherine: Hello, do you have everything you need? You just let me know.
好啊,还满意吧?告诉我就好。
Hi! Good to see you. Oh you look great.
嗨,见到你真好。噢,你真漂亮。
-Katherine: Mrs. McCluskey. Hello. How are you? Do you remember me?
Mccluskey夫人,你好啊?你好吗?记得我吗?
-Mrs. McCluskey: You’re Bess Truman, right? Of course I remember you.
你是Bess Truman,对吗? 当然记得了。
If that’s your way of checking if my brains gone all tapioca, I’m fine.
tapioca: 树薯粉
如果你这是要测试我的脑子是不是坏掉了,我很好。
-Katherine: Sorry.
对不起。
-Mrs. McCluskey: So I saw your kid and your new husband. Nice catch.
我看到你孩子和新丈夫了。不错。
-Katherine: Oh, well, thank you. I’m very eager for him to experience life on Wisteria Lane.
eager: 渴望的 experience: 经历,体验
噢,谢谢。我非常想让他体会在紫藤巷的生活。
Times that Dylan and I spent here were the happiest of our lives.
我和Dylan在这的那段时光,是我生命中最开心的了。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Yeah? Then why’d you take off so suddenly?
是吗?那你干吗突然搬走呢?
You skipped town without even saying goodbye.
skip: 跳跃,跳过
你连再见都不说就离开了。
-Katherine: My, you do remember a lot, don’t you? Excuse me, I really must mingle.
mingle: 交际
你的确记得很多事,是吧?失陪了,得去交际一下。
-Mike: These eggs are passed their prime.
prime: 全盛时期
我想这些蛋的青春消逝了。
-Susan: Oh, so you just shun them and throw them away?
shun: 避开,避免 throw away: 扔掉
所以你就躲开它们,扔到一边?
-Mike: Well, yeah, since mayonnaise kept out in the sun can kill ya.
mayonnaise: 蛋黄酱 ya=you in the sun: 在阳光下
因为蛋黄酱被日光晒过,会害死你的。
Everything okay? You seem kinda moody today.
kinda=kind of moody: 心情不稳的
还好吗? 你今天有点心事忡忡。
-Susan: Yeah, get used to it.
get used to: 习惯于…
是啊,你要习惯。
-Mike: Okay, did I do something wrong?
好吧。是我做错了什么吗?
-Susan: No, I’m sorry. I’m just a little…. You know, forget it. Let’s eat.
没有,对不起。我只是...你知道吗?忘了吧。我们来吃东西。
-Mrs. McKeever: Yoo hoo Susan, we saved you a place.
Susan!我们留了你的位置。
-Ladies: Come on, we want you over here.
来啊,我们想你过来坐,来啊。
-Julie: Oh my God, Dylan.
噢,天啊。Dylan。
-Dylan: Hi.
嗨。
-Julie: It’s me, Julie.
是我啊.. Julie。
-Katherine: Julie’s the one we were talking about. Hi Honey.
Julie就是我们一直在说的嘛。嗨,亲爱的。
-Julie: Hi.
嗨。
-Katherine: She was your best friend.
她以前是你最好的朋友。
-Julie: Yeah, and I brought you a little welcome back gift. Your favorite.
是的,我带了欢迎礼物给你。你最喜欢的。
-Katherine: Oh my goodness. You remember how you use to love licorice.
licorice: 甘草 goodness: 上帝,天哪
噢,天啊。你记得你以前多喜欢甘草根吧。
-Dylan: I did?
是吗?
-Katherine: Ah huh.
恩。
-Dylan: Okay.
好吧。
-Julie: Come on, I’ve got some of the old gang I want you to meet.
gang: 一帮,一伙
来,有几个老朋友我想你见一下。
-Mike: Menopause? Aren’t you a little young for that?
menopause: 更年期
停经?有点太早了吧?
-Susan: I know. And you thought you married a vibrant woman in her prime
vibrant: 有活力的 prime: 全盛时期
我知道。你以为自己娶了个正处于青春期的女人,
and instead you got a wife who is dry and dusty.
dusty: 满是灰尘的
可结果却是个...干涩,乏味的老婆。
-Mike: (laughs) Oh, honey. It’s a natural part of life.
honey: 亲爱的 natural: 自然地的
噢,亲爱的,别这是很自然的事。
-Susan: Yeah, the part before death!
是啊,比死早点而已。
-Mike: I know that it’s upsetting, but it’s really not that big a deal.
upsetting: 令人心烦意乱的,令人烦恼的
瞧,我知道这很难过,但真的没什么大不了。
-Susan: Yes, it is. What if you want to have kids?
当然必要了,如果你想要孩子呢?
-Mike: We agreed that we didn’t.
我们说了不要的。
-Susan: No you said you did. I said I didn’t and you changed your mind. What if you change it back?
change one’s mind: 改变主意
不,你说要。是我说不要的你才妥协的。万一你又想要了呢?
-Mike: That’s not going to happen.
不可能的。
-Susan: Listen, my last egg could be on its way down the chute this very moment.
chute: 斜槽,瀑布
听着。我最后一颗卵子,很可能此刻已经飞流直下了。
If you want to have kids you might want to jump on it, right now!
jump on: 跳上
如果你想要孩子,你最好现在赶快行动。
-Mike: All right, this is all very romantic but let me be clear about this, okay?
romantic: 浪漫的
好吧,这很浪漫。但是让我先说清楚,好吗?
I love you and if kids don’t happen, I’m fine with that.
我爱你。如果没有孩子,我也不介意。
-Susan: I don’t want you to be fine. I want you to be happy.
我不想你不介意,我要的是你开心。
-Mike: All right, I’m just trying to find a nice way to shut you up so..
shut up: 闭嘴
好了,我要想个好办法让你闭嘴,所以…
-Susan: Yup, we’re doomed.
yup: 是啊 doomed: 命定的【不好的】
没错,我们完了。
-Mike: Hey, look who’s back.
嘿,瞧谁回来了。
-Susan: Oh my gosh, she's out of the clinic.
my gosh: 天啊 clinic: 诊所
噢,天啊。她出院了。
-Edie: Thanks, Darling.
谢谢,亲爱的。
-Lynette: Hi.
嗨。
-Edie: Hi, oh careful, the neck.
噢,小心脖子。
-Lynette: Oh, sorry.
噢,对不起。
-Edie: Thank you all so much for the cards.
很感谢你们的慰问卡片。
Sometimes it takes a near tragedy to realize just how much you’re loved.
tragedy: 悲剧
有时候需要用近乎惨剧的事,才能意识到你们有多爱我。
-Carlos: So why don’t you talk to your friends and I’ll go unpack the car.
unpack: 解下,卸包裹
你何不跟朋友们聊聊,我去把车里的东西拿出来。
-Edie: Oh, thanks Sweetheart.
噢,谢了,亲爱的。
-Edie: I have to admit that I was little concerned about how you would react when you saw me, but this, throwing me a party.
admit: 承认 concern about: 使关心 react: 反映 throw a party: 举办聚会
我必须得承认我..其实有点担心你们看到我会有何反应,但是这...给我办派对。我...
-Susan: Well, we just all love ya!
我们都爱你。
-Lynette: Edie you look great, especially… you know.., given the circumstances.
given: 给定的,鉴于 circumstance: 情况 especially: 尤其
Edie 你看起来棒极了。特别是,你知道的,鉴于之前的情况。
-Edie: You mean that I tried to hang myself? Oh, it’s okay, the doctor encouraged me to talk about it.
hang: 吊死 encourage: 鼓励
你是指我想吊死自己。没什么的,医生鼓励我不要回避。
-Bree: Surely, not over food.
肯定不会影响食欲的。
-Edie: Well, Carlos and I talk about it all the time.
Carlos和我一直都在谈整件事。
You know, and this whole thing has just brought us closer together. We’ve actually talked about marriage.
让我们的关系更亲密了,我们还谈了结婚的事。
-Katherine: Hello, I don’t think we’ve met. I’m Katherine Mayfair, your new neighbor.
你好,我们好象还没见过吧。我是Katherine Mayfair 你的新邻居。
-Edie: Oh, Edie. It’s a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to my party.
噢,我是Edie 很高兴见到你,欢迎参加我的派对。
-Gabrielle: So I hear congratulations are in order. Edie just announced you are getting married. Best wishes.
congratulation: 恭喜 in order: 就绪 announce: 宣布
我听说要有好事发生了。Edie刚宣布了你们要结婚,祝贺啊。
-Carlos: We’re not engaged. That was kind of a ‘what if’ conversation.
engage: 订婚 conversation: 谈话
我们没订婚,那只是种"万一怎样"的谈话。
-Gabrielle: Really because she thinks you’re getting married.
是吗? 因为她觉得你是要结婚了。
Everyone else thinks you’re getting married. So, again, best wishes.
其他人也这么想,再次祝福你。
-Carlos: Gaby, the woman tried to kill herself because I left her. She’s not real good with disappointment.
be good with: 善于 disappointment: 失望
Gaby 那个女人因为我离开她,都自杀了。她无法面对失望。
-Gabrielle: Neither am I! You told me you want to run away together and then I don’t hear from you for a month!
neither: 也不 run away: 逃脱,逃跑,私奔 hear from: 收到…的来信,从…听到
我也一样。你跟我说要一起私奔,可我却一个月没你消息。
-Carlos: That was only because I was going through stuff with Edie,
那是因为,我在处理Edie的事。
but it doesn’t mean I wasn’t thinking about you constantly.
constantly: 不断地,经常地
但那不代表我没有常常想你。
-Gabrielle: You were not.
你没有。
-Carlos: Yes, I was! Every second of every day!
是的,我有。每天每刻。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, well, I kind of thought about you too.
kind of: 有点,稍微
好吧...恩。其实我也挺想你的。
-Carlos: I need to be with you, Gaby.
我要和你在一起,Gaby。
-Gabrielle: Yeah? Prove it!
是吗?证明给我看。
-Carlos: Can you get away tonight?
今晚能出来吗?
-Gabrielle: Oh my god, are you serious?
God: 上帝 serious: 认真的
噢,天啊。你说真的吗?
-Carlos: Damn right I am.
damn: 该死的
当然了。
-Carlos: I just have to be back by midnight to give Edie her pills.
pill: 药丸
我只是必须午夜之前回来给Edie吃药
-Gabrielle: What?
什么?!
-Carlos: If we’re going to have an affair we’ve got to be discreet!
affair: 绯闻,偷情 discreet: 谨慎的
我们要是打算偷情,就要小心点啊。
-Gabrielle: Affair? I thought we were talking about running away together.
偷情?我以为我们说的是私奔。
-Carlos: I can’t do that. Edie’s too fragile right now.
fragile: 脆弱的
我做不到。Edie现在太脆弱了。
-Gabrielle: That old battleaxe is going to outlive us all!
battleaxe: 战斧,泼妇 outlive: 比…活得长
那个老女人肯定比我们都活得久。
-Carlos: Hey, don’t talk about her like that.
嘿,别那么说她。
-Gabrielle: Oh far be it from me to speak ill of the future Mrs. Carlos Solis.
speak ill of: 说坏话 far be it from me: 我绝不敢
噢,我真是无礼说Carlos Solis夫人未来生活的坏话。
-Carlos: We are not getting married!
我们没要结婚。
-Gabrielle: Best Wishes!!
祝福你。
-Bree: That’s my final answer! (hangs up) That was Danielle. Now she wants us to send a DVD player for her room.
hang up: 将电话挂上
这就是我的最终答案。是Danielle。她要我们给她台DVD机放在房间。
-Orson: That hardly seems extravagant.
extravagant: 奢侈的,浪费的
这不过分啊。
-Bree: You’re missing the point! It’s a convent, not the Four Seasons! You have mustard on your chin.
miss the point: 脱靶点【指Orson没有理解关键的地方】 convert: 女修道会 mustard: 芥末 chin: 下巴
你没懂我意思。那是个修道院,不是度假中心。你的脸上有芥末。
-Bree: I mean it’s one thing to forgive bad behavior, it’s another thing to reward it.
reward: 奖励 behavior: 行为,举止 forgive: 原谅
我是说,原谅对方犯错和奖励,是两码子事。这就是她犯错的后果。
-Ida: Ahhhhh. Bree!! Oh my God!
噢,Bree!噢,天啊。
-Ida: Are you all right?
你没事吧?
-Bree: Oh no, I’m fine. I’m fine.
噢,没没,我没事,我很好。
-Ida: You’re bleeding.
你在流血。
-Bree: No, no, no, it’s just a little barbeque sauce.
barbeque: 烧烤 sauce: 酱
不,不,那只是烧烤酱。
-Ida: Where is Katherine’s husband? He’s a doctor.
Katherine的丈夫呢? 他是个医生。
-Orson: She’s fine.
她没事。
-Ida: (yelling) Adam? Adam!
Adam?Adam!
-Ida: Get over here right now! Bree got stabbed in the belly!
stab: 戳 belly: 肚子,腹部
快过来。Bree的肚子被扎了!
-Adam: Oh my God, are you all right? Let me take a look!
噢,天啊,你没事吧?让我看看。
-Bree: No it’s nothing!
没,没事的。
-Orson: We were just teasing Ida. It’s something we do.
test: 测试 tease: 戏弄,逗趣
我们只是在闹Ida呢?我们常这样。
-Bree: Yes.
没错。
-Orson: Look, it’s a trick barbeque fork. We got it at a magic shop. Ahh, see!
trick: 恶作剧 fork: 叉子
瞧,这是假的烧烤叉。我们在魔术店买的,瞧。
-Bree: Ohh.
噢!!
-Orson: Retractable!!
retractable: 可缩回的
是可伸缩的。
-Bree: (laughing) Oh, oh, my baby!
噢,噢,我的宝宝。
-Adam: Wow, it’s quite a trick.
喔,真是够唬人的。
-Orson: Hey, let’s go freak out Mrs. McCluskey.
freak out: 吓唬,大惊小怪 freak: 畏惧,震惊
嘿,我们去吓Mccluskey夫人去。
-Bree: He’s such a scamp!
scamp: 流氓,顽皮的家伙
噢,他真是淘气。
-Tom: Psycho mom at five o’clock. You say the word and she gets a face full of pig bones.
psycho: 变态,精神病患者 full of pig bones: 【这里指怪异的表情】
5点钟方向变态妈妈,你说一句话,她就一脸阴阳怪气。
-Lynette: Oh, my hero. (kisses Tom) I can handle her.
喔,我的英雄。我可以处理。
-Murielle: Lynette, I just spoke with Helen
Lynette,我刚和Helen谈过,
and imagine my surprise when she told me you’d not started on the decorations for the gala.
imagine: 想象,假设 decoration: 装饰 gala: 节日
我很惊讶她跟我说,你还没有开始活动的装饰工作。
-Lynette: I’m in charge of decorations?
in charge of: 负责 charge: 掌管
装饰也是我负责?
-Murielle: Yes! Which you would have known had you bothered to pick up the packet!
bother: 打扰,费劲 packet: 大笔款项 pick up: 接取
是的,在你受累拿了钱之后,就该知道这一点的。
-Lynette: I don’t want to hear it.
我不想听。
-Stella: Okay.
好吧。
-Penny: Piggyback, Mommy.
piggyback: 骑在肩上的
抱抱,妈妈。
-Lynette: I’m sorry, Sweetie. I’m just… I’m just too tired right now
sweetie: 亲爱的
抱歉,亲爱的。我...我现在太累了。
-Stella: Here Honey. I’ll get ya. Ohh.
来,亲爱的,我来。
-Stella: Oh yes. Mommy has to conserve her energy for more important things.
conserve: 保存,保全 energy: 精力
好了。妈妈要留着体力做更重要的事。
-Bree: We’re not throwing in the towel over a minor mishap.
throw in the towel: 认输 minor: 小的,次要的 mishap: 不幸之事,轻微的事故
我们不能因为一点小意外就投降。
-Orson: How many more mishaps are we going to get away with?
get away with: 侥幸成功,逃脱处罚
我们还要有多少意外啊?
Yesterday it was an old woman in the Macy’s shoe department.
昨天是Macy售鞋部的老太太,
Today a magic fork in the belly!
belly: 肚子
今天是魔术叉子扎肚皮上,
Pretty soon the whole charade will completely unravel and we will be humiliated.
pretty soon: 不久 charade: 伪装 unravel: 解释,说明 humiliate: 蒙羞
很快所有伪装就会被暴露了,我们会很丢脸的。
-Bree: We are already in too deep.
in deep: 卷入很深无法摆脱
我们已经无法抽身了。
-Orson: We could go on a trip. Tell people you miscarried while we were away.
miscarried: 流产 go on a trip: 旅行
我们可以去旅行。告诉人们我们不在的时候,你流产了。
-Bree: And then what would happen to the baby?
那孩子怎么办呢?
-Orson: Danielle would keep it.
让Danielle带啊。
-Bree: You think Danielle could raise this child? You haven’t seen her in action.
raise: 抚养 in action: 在运转,在操作
你认为Danielle能养这个孩子?Orson 你也看到她了。
She’s shallow and she’s selfish. She would ruin this child’s life!
shallow: 肤浅的 selfish: 自私的 ruin: 毁掉
她那么肤浅...那么自私,她会毁了这个孩子的。
-Orson: How can you say that?
你怎么这么说?
-Bree: Because I’m her mother. I know what I’ve created and that’s the real humiliation.
humiliation: 羞辱 create: 创造
因为我是她妈!我知道我所制造出来的,才是真正的丢人。
Orson, this child deserve better. And I know what to do now. Please, please let me try.
deserve: 值得
Orson...这孩子值得拥有更好的人生。我知道现在该怎么做。拜托,让我试试。
-Orson: So really what you want is a second chance?
那么你真的想再试试?
-Bree: Well would that be so horrible?
会有那么可怕吗?
-Orson: Well then, let the charade continue.
那...让伪装继续吧。
-Murielle: So you’re bailing on me now?
bail: 由于任何原因中途放弃 bail on: 背叛…,放弃…
你现在要背叛我?
-Lynette: I know the timing is terrible.
我知道现在不是时候。
-Murielle: Damn right, it’s three weeks before the Gala!
damn: 见鬼的
没错,还有三周就到了。
-Lynette: I just didn’t realize how tired I would be when I took this on.
take on: 承担,接受
我只是没意识到自己会有这么辛苦,在我接手这一切之后。
-Murielle: Oh we’re all tired, Lynette! But some of us still manage to honor our commitments.
honor: 尊敬,给…以荣誉 commitment: 委员会
噢,我们都很辛苦。Lynette。但还是有人在努力为委员会争光。
-Lynette: Okay, I’m going to be honest with you. I haven’t been feeling that great.
be honest with: 对…说老实话
好吧。我跟你说实话,我最近身体非常不好。
-Murielle: Oh don’t complain to me about your aches and pains.
aches and pains: 周身不适 complain: 抱怨 complain about: 抱怨,投诉 ache: 疼痛 pain: 痛苦
噢,别跟我抱怨你的那点小痛苦。
I’ve had to same migraine since ’87. And my knee is so bad I can’t even use the treadmill anymore.
migraine: 偏头痛 treadmill: 踏车
我从87年开始就一直偏头疼了,我的膝盖也很不好,都无法踩踏车。
-Lynette: Ahh, yeah. That’s rough!
rough: 艰苦的
噢。是啊,真是难过。
-Murielle: Ummm!
呣。
-Lynette: By the way…(pulling off her wig to reveal her bald head) I have Cancer.
pull off: 脱去,扯下 bald: 光的 wig: 假发 reveal: 显示 by the way: 顺便地,附带说说
顺便说一句,我得了癌症。
-Murielle: (staring in shock) I’ll give Helen a call.
stare: 盯着 shock: 震惊
我打电话给Helen。
-Lynette: So I am halfway through Chemo and my doctor is very confident that I’m going to beat this.
halfway: 中间的,中途的 chemo: 化疗 confident: 有信心的
我正在做化疗,医生也很有信心我会熬过去的。
So you can all relax. I’m not going to die.
你们不用担心,我不会死的。
-Gabrielle: Well, not unless we kill you.
unless: 除非
除非我们杀了你。
-Lynette: Huh?
哈?
-Susan: Damn it Lynette, what did we say after Mary Alice? After Edie? Why didn’t they tell us?
damn: 该死的
该死的,Lynette。Mary Alice...Edie的事之后我们说过什么?为什么他们不告诉我们?
-Bree: We’re your friends. Why would you shut us out?
shut out: 排除,把…关在外边 shut: 关闭
我们是你的朋友,你怎么能把我们排斥在外。
-Lynette: I just liked being able to throw on my wig and join you guys for a cup of coffee
throw on: 匆忙穿上 wig: 假发
我只想戴上假发和你们一起喝喝咖啡,
and a good gossip about the new neighbors.
gossip: 闲聊,八卦
说说新邻居的闲话。
You know for five minutes I could pretend I wasn’t a sick person.
让我有那么5分钟,可以假装自己没生病。
But once your friends know you’re sick, you can’t pretend anymore.
但一旦朋友知道你病了,就不能再装了。
Cause you can see it in their eyes. The fear, the pity.
cause: because,因为 fear: 恐惧
因为你能从他们眼中看到那种恐惧,同情。
-Susan: Is that all you see in our eyes?
你在我们眼中只看到这些吗?
-Lynette: No, no, of course not. You know what, let’s make a pact. No more secrets.
pact: 契约,协定
没,当然没有。知道吗,我们来个约定。不再隐瞒。
From now on we tell each other every shocking detail of our lives.
detail: 细节 from now on: 从现在开始
从现在开始,我们要告诉彼此我们生命中每件令人惊讶的事。
-Susan: I’m in.
我同意。
-Gabrielle: Me too.
我也是。
-Lynette: (to Bree who is holding her stomach) You with us?
你呢?
-Bree: Absolutely.
当然。
-Bree: No more secrets.
不再隐瞒。
-Gabrielle: You’re right. I’m not happy. Let’s talk.
你说的对,我不开心,我们谈谈。
-Gabrielle: All I’m saying is I just want to know that I come first with you.
我要知道的是,我对你来说是最重要的。
Sometimes I feel less like a wife than a possession.
possession: 财产
有时我觉得自己更像是个财产,而不是妻子。
It’s demeaning, its…why are you smiling right now?
demeaning: 有辱人格的
这很贬低我很...你在笑什么?
-Victor: Because this is fantastic. After weeks of shutting me out you’re finally telling me how you feel.
fantastic: 极好的
因为这很棒,在你不理我几个星期之后,终于肯告诉我你的感受了。
We should do this all the time.
我们应该经常这样。
-Gabrielle: Well it’s hard when you are so busy. Maybe we should go away.
你忙的时候就难了。或许我们该去别的地方。
Let’s just take a couple weeks or a month. Let’s rediscover what it made us fall in love to begin with.
rediscover: 重新发现 fall in love: 相爱 begin with: 以…开始
或许两个星期或一个月。我们重新发掘一下,当初让我们相爱的理由。
-Victor: That is a great idea. Let’s do it.
这主意很好。我同意。
-Gabrielle: How’s next week?
下周怎样?
-Victor: Let’s see. Umm. Well I got the meeting with the school board on Tuesday.
school board: 学校董事会 board: 董事会
我来瞧瞧。周二要和校董事开会。
And the end of the month I’ve got that conference in Washington. Oh shoot!
conference: 会议
月底我要去华盛顿开会。噢,糟糕。
I’ve got the ground breaking for the new Civic Center. Dad’s birthday.
ground breaking: 破土仪式 civic: 市的
还要参加新市政中心的破土工程。爸爸生日。
Economic Development forum. How about April? I can give you two whole weeks in April.
forum: 集会,讨论会
经济发展讨论会。4月怎样?四月我能给你整整两个星期。
-Carlos: I’ll see you later, Babe.
一会见,宝贝。
-Edie: Where are you going?
你去哪儿?
-Carlos: To Scavo’s for a few beers.
去Scavo家喝点啤酒。
-Edie: Oh, can I come?
噢,我能去吗?
-Carlos: Ahhhh. No.
不行。
-Edie: Why not?
为什么?
-Carlos: Edie. I know you’ve been through a lot lately, but I can’t hold your hand twenty four hours a day.
hold one’s hand: 不忍心
Edie 我知道最近你经历了很多事,但我没办法24小时都在你身边。
If you want this relationship to work you got to give me some down time.
down time: 停机时间
如果你想这段感情继续,就要给我些休息时间。
-Carlos: Okay, so I managed to get away from Edie. What do you want?
get away from: 逃离
好了。我从Edie那儿脱身了,你想怎样?
-Gabrielle: To get you away from Edie.
把你从Edie身边带走。
-Julie: Oh, come on, you have to remember your boyfriend, Joey Miller. You use to chase him around the jungle gym,
chase: 追逐 jungle gym: 格子爬梯 jungle: 密林,乱七八糟的一堆事物 gym: 健身房
噢,拜托。你一定得记住你男朋友Joey Miller。你以前在攀登架到处追着他。
-Dylan: Really, you think I would have gone for this guy with the sexy finger up his nose.
sexy: 性感的 go for: 喜欢
真的吗? 你认为我会对这个性感手指放在鼻子上的家伙动心吗?
-Julie: So you don’t remember any of the kids we use to play with?
你不记得我们小时候一起玩的任何人了?
-Dylan: No, to be honest, I don’t remember anything about living here.
to be honest: 老实说
不记得了。说实话,我对这里没有任何记忆。
-Julie: Really? So what is your earliest memory?
earliest: 最早,最为最早期的
真的吗?那你的记忆从什么时候开始?
-Dylan: I don’t know if this is a memory but for years I’ve had to creepy dream.
creepy: 毛骨悚然的
我不知道这算不算是记忆,但是,很多年我都在做这个可怕的梦。
I’m really little and there’s a guy in my room and he tries to grab me.
我很小的时候有个男人在我房间里,他想要抓走我。
-Julie: That is creepy. Have you ever talk to somebody about it?
是很可怕。你有跟别人提起过吗?
-Dylan: You mean like a therapist? My old baby sitter suggested that but my Mom got mad and said no.
baby sitter: 保姆 therapist: 治疗专家 mad: 愤怒的
你指心理医生吗?我以前的保姆建议过,但我妈很生气,不同意。
-Julie: Really?
是吗?
-Dylan: Yeah. Then she fired the baby sitter.
恩,接着她就把保姆给炒了。
-Adam: Susan?
Susan?
-Susan: I’m in here.
我在这儿。
-Adam: Your front door was open.
front door: 前门,指裤子前面的拉链
你的前门开着。
-Susan: No problem. Ah, what’s up?
no problem: 没什么,没事儿
没关系。恩...怎么了?
-Adam: First let me say this is one of the more embarrassing moments of my career and you have every right to hate me.
embarrassing: 令人尴尬的 career: 职业 right: 权利
首先,我必须说这是我职业生涯中很尴尬的时刻,你完全有理由恨我。
-Susan: Adam, I have no idea what you’re talking about.
have no idea: 不知道
Adam 我完全不知道你在说什么。
-Adam: Well your test results came back and your Estrogen levels are fine.
estrogen: 雌激素 test: 检查 result: 结果 level: 水平
你的检查结果出来了,你的雌激素水平没有问题。
You’re not about to start Menopause.
menopause: 更年期 be about to: 将要,开始
你不会开始停经的
-Susan: Really? That’s fantastic!
fantastic: 了不起的,极出色的
真的吗? 太好了。
-Adam: There’s more.
还有。
-Susan: More?
什么?
-Adam: You’re pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
你怀孕了。
-Mike: What? What did he just say?
什么?他刚说什么?
-Susan: I’m pregnant?
我怀孕了?
-Susan: He said I’m pregnant.
他说我怀孕了。
-Mike: I have never been happier.
没有比这更开心的了。
-Susan: Well now, I believe you.
现在我相信你了。
-Edie: There you are.
你在这儿啊。
-Carlos: Ah, I’m sorry. I got in late last night and I didn’t want to wake you.
对不起,昨晚回来晚了,不想吵醒你。
-Edie: You don’t have to explain. I trust you.
不用解释,我相信你。
-Carlos: Well good, you should.
很好,应该的。
-Edie: I just wish you trusted me a bit more.
我只希望你能更信任我。
-Carlos: What are you talking about?
你指什么?
-Edie: Why didn’t you tell me about your off shore bank account?
off shore: 离岸的 account: 账户 shore: 海岸
你为什么不告诉我你有离岸银行帐户?
-Carlos: What?
什么?
-Edie: Well you know. The one in the Cayman Islands with ten million dollars in it.
island: 岛屿 Cayman Islands: 开曼群岛(拉丁美洲)
你知道的。在开曼群岛有1千万的那个。
I miss you when you’re gone. Going through your things makes me feel like you’re with me.
go through: 检查,审查 feel like: 有…的感觉
你不在时,我很想你,看看你的东西让我能感觉你就在身边。
-Carlos: Okay, I know how this looks.
好吧,我知道这看起来会怎样。
-Edie: What did you think I was going to do? Tell people? Turn you in?
turn in: 交出,上交,举报,揭发
你以为我会怎么做?告诉别人? 举报你?
Try to get my little hands on it? I don’t care about money Carlos. All I care about is you.
让我自己分点?我不在乎钱,Carlos。我只在乎你。
That’s why this relationship is going to work. You can trust me with your secrets.
这就是为何这段感情会继续下去。你可以相信我会保守你的秘密。
Just like I can trust you not to hurt me.
就像我相信你不会伤害我一样。
-Mary Alice: There is a certain time of morning. It occurs after kids have left for school.
occur: 发生 eave for: 离开去某地
每天早上都有个时间,在孩子们出门上学之后。
And husbands have headed off for work.
head off: 绕道前进
丈夫们也纷纷前去工作。
It’s a time when women think of the secrets they’ve been keeping from their friends.
妻子们便开始思考心中的秘密,那些不曾告诉朋友的秘密...
And how shocked they would be if the truth were discovered.
shocked: 震惊的 discover: 发现
以及如果说出真相,她们会有多吃惊...
And how they would do everything in their power to keep that from happening.
她们又会如何尽力不让那样的事发生。
But what of those lucky women who have no secrets left to keep.
但是那些心中没有任何秘密的幸运的女人们呢?
What do they think about every morning?
每天早上她们又在想些什么呢?
-Susan: (to Julie) Hey. Is something wrong?
嘿,出了什么事吗?
-Julie: It’s just Dylan and I use to be best friends. I mean we did everything together.
只是...Dylan和我曾是最好的朋友,我们什么事都一起做。
-Susan: I know. She was like a sister to you.
我知道,她就像你的姐妹。
-Julie: Well, that girl that I’ve been hanging out with, and I know this is going to sound crazy but, that’s not the same girl.
hang out with: 一起玩耍 crazy: 疯狂的
那个曾和我一起玩的女孩儿,我知道这听起来很不正常,但是..不再是同一个了。
-Mary Alice: These women think of their neighbors and the secrets they may be keeping.
这些女人早上的时间,都用来思考她们的邻居,以及她们...可能隐瞒的秘密。
-Adam: There you are. I’ve been calling you. Is this the room?
你在这儿啊,我一直打电话找你。是这个房间吗?
-Katherine: Yes. Dylan’s been asking me if she can move in here.
是的。她问我她能不能搬进来住。
-Adam: So let her. You may remember what happened here, but she can’t.
迟早会的啊。你可能记得这里的事,但她不记得了。
-Katherine: Doesn’t matter. I won’t allow it.
那不重要。我不会同意的。
-Adam: Hey, are you okay? Did we make a mistake coming back here?
make a mistake: 犯错
你没事吧?我们回来这里是不是错了?
词汇解析:Amber 校对:Jamie



评 论



