看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第四季 17集:Free
[Previously on Desperate housewives:]
《绝望的主妇》前情提要
-Mary Alice: It had been 14 years since Katherine Mayfair had been in a police station,
since:自从 police station: 警察局
Katherine Mayfair已经有14年没去过警察局了。
but she remembered the conversation like it was yesterday.
conversation:谈话
但她清楚地记得那次谈话就像是昨天才发生的一样。
-Policewoman: Would you like some water, honey?
honey: 宝贝
宝贝儿,喝点水吗?
-Katherine: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Policewoman: So... I take it this isn't the first time your husband's hit you?
hit:打,打击
那么... 我猜这不是你丈夫第一次动手打你吧?
-Katherine: He keeps promising to stop, but it just gets worse.
promise:承诺 worse:更坏的
他总是保证不会再打我,但情况却是越来越糟。
And I’m afraid he's going to do something to my daughter.
daughter:女儿
我担心他会对我的女儿做出同样的事情。
Please, you have to help me.
求求你,你得帮我。
-Policewoman: Have you reported him before?
report:报告,告发
你以前举报过他吗?
-Katherine: Once, but when I called, they said they couldn't find the paperwork.
paperwork:书面材料
有一次,但我打电话过去他们说找不到那些文件了!
-Policewoman: Oh. Your husband's Wayne Davis, one of our patrolmen.
patrolman:巡逻警官
噢,你丈夫是Wayne Davis,我们这的巡警。
Want some advice?
advice: 忠告,劝告
需要点建议吗?
Wayne's got a lot of friends around here.
Wayne在这附近有很多朋友,
Of course you can press charges, but...
press charge: 【上诉 press:按,压,实施 charge:指控 drop charge: 撤诉】
你当然可以上诉,但是...
I can't guarantee that one of his friends won't lose the paperwork again.
guarantee:保证 lose: 丢失
我不能保证他朋友会不会又找不到你的起诉文件。
-Katherine: Then what should I do?
那我该怎么办?
-Policewoman: Get as much money as you can lay your hands on,
lay hands on: 抓到,拿到;得手 lay:放置,铺设
尽量多弄点钱,
Grab your daughter...And run.
grab:抓住,抓取
带上你女儿...然后逃。
-Mary Alice: And so she did...
于是她这么做了...
To a place she thought would be safe.
safe: 安全的
逃到一个她认为安全的地方。
-Romslo: Mrs. Mayfair?
Mayfair太太?
I'm detective Romslo. Can I help you?
detective:侦探
我是探员Romslo,我能为您做什么呢?
Why exactly would you think that Dr. Mayfair was kidnapped?
kidnap:绑架
究竟为什么您认为Mayfair教授是被绑架的呢?
No one in the school parking lot heard or saw anything suspicious.
parking lot:停车场 suspicious:可疑的
学校停车场没有人听到或看到任何可疑迹象。
-Katherine: That's because the man responsible for this--my ex…
responsible:应负责的 ex: (某人的)已离婚的配偶,已离婚的丈夫(或妻子)
这是因为嫌疑人...我前夫...
Knows a little something about how to commit a crime. He’s a cop.
commit:犯罪 crime:犯罪 cop: [美国俚语]警官;警察
知道一些犯罪手段,他是个警察。
-Romslo: What's his name?
他叫什么?
-Katherine: Wayne Davis. What?
Wayne Davis。怎么了?
-Romslo: Well, it’s just, uh... I know Wayne. We've hung out together.
hang out:闲逛
没什么,只是,嗯...我认识Wayne 我们一块儿出去玩过,
He's a hell of a golfer.
a hell of a:非凡的,出色的 golfer:打高尔夫球的人
他是个高尔夫好手。
-Katherine: Well, believe me when I tell you he wasn't a hell of a husband.
请相信我,他不是个好丈夫。
-Romslo: Is that what this is about some payback for an ancient domestic dispute?
payback:偿付,归还 ancient:古老的 domestic:家庭的 dispute:争论
这是不是就是所谓的因为久远的家庭矛盾来报复?
-Katherine: Please. You have to do something.
拜托,你得做点什么。
Because once Wayne is done with Adam,
因为一旦Wayne对Adam下手了,
He's going to come after me.
下一个就是我。
And this time, he's going to kill me. I know it.
而这次,他会杀了我的,我知道。
-Romslo: I'll look into it. If you would just, uh, fill out this paperwork...
look into:调查 fill out:填写
我会调查的。如果你能填一下这表...
-Mary Alice: In that moment, Katherine knew exactly what she had to do... again.
exactly:完全地,正确地
此时,Katherine知道她真正应该做什么... 又一次。
-Dylan: Mom, stop. You're not making any sense.
make sense:讲得通,有意义
妈妈,停一下,你这么做没道理。
-Katherine: There's no time. Wayne is coming. He took Adam. We're next.
没时间了,Wayne来了他抓了Adam,接下来就是我们。
-Dylan: But why? Why would he do that? And if we're in so much danger, then why aren't we calling the police?
be in danger: 有危险
但为什么? 为什么他要这么做? 如果我们这么危险那为什么不报警?
-Katherine: The police will not help. Dylan, please!
警察帮不了我们什么,Dylan 拜托!
Go pack your things. We need to be gone before he gets here.
pack:打包
去理你的东西,我们必须在他来之前离开这里。
-Dylan: Stop! I'm not going anywhere until you tell me what's going on.
停下!你不告诉我到底发生了什么,我哪儿也不去。
Why do I have to be afraid of my father?
be afraid of: 害怕
为什么我要怕我的父亲?
-Mary Alice: Katherine Mayfair had been running from the truth for a long time...
run from: 逃避 truth:事实
Katherine Mayfair已经逃避真相很久了...
-Katherine: Okay. I’ll tell you.
好吧,我来告诉你。
-Dylan: No!
不!
-Katherine: Dylan. Dylan, I’m sorry. I had no choice!
choice:选择
Dylan,Dylan对不起,我别无选择!
-Dylan: No!
不!
-Katherine: Dylan!
Dylan!
-Mary Alice: And it had finally caught up with her.
finally:最终地 catch up with: 赶上
但最终还是要面对真相。
There's a ritual my friends have observed for years.
ritual:仪式,固定程序 observe: 遵守
我的朋友们几年来一直有一个习惯,
Once a week, they meet to play a game of cards.
card: 纸牌
每隔一周,他们就聚在一起打打牌,
And talk about their lives. There's always laughter and wine...
live: 生活 laughter:笑声
谈谈她们的生活,总有欢笑和美酒...
And talk about the neighbors.
neighbor:邻居
谈论谈论邻居们。
-Gabrielle: No way, Bree. I don't want Katherine in our games. She bums me out.
bum out:[美国俚语]使烦恼,使恼火 bum: 流浪,漂泊
没门儿,Bree,我不想Katherine加入我们。她老让我失望!
-Lynette: Oh, I'm with Gaby. I mean, you know me.
be with: 支持
喔,我同意Gaby 我的意思,你们明白的。
I always like to give people the benefit of the doubt...
benefit:利益 doubt:怀疑
我总是喜欢为别人考虑...
-Bree: No, you don't.
不,你没有。
-Lynette: No, I don’t, but let's say I did.
是啊,我不,不过让我们说我愿意吧。
-Gabrielle: Katherine has this aloof quality.
aloof:疏远的,冷淡的 quality:特质,才能
Katherine有拒人千里的本事。
It's like she's always trying to keep us at arm's length.
at arm's length:(保持)相当的距离
她总是努力把我们隔离在一臂范围外。
-Susan: Well, I have to agree. She's changed. She's not that fun anymore.
agree: 同意 fun: 有趣的人或事物
我很赞成。但她已经改变了,她不再那么可笑了。
-Bree: Ladies, I don't know what you're talking about.
女士们,我不明白你们在说什么。
Katherine has all sorts of wonderful qualities.
all sorts of:各种各样的 wonderful: 极好的,精彩的 quality: 品质
Katherine有所有这些品质。
-Gabrielle: Name one, and keep in mind
keep in mind:记住
说出一个来,然后记住。
That "aloof" and "unfun" have already been taken.
拒人千里和"不可笑"已经是她的名字了。
-Bree: Well, I admit she plays her cards close to the vest,
admit:承认 close to the vest:谨慎小心
我想她已经要连背心也输掉了,
But some of you could benefit from that kind of quiet dignity,
benefit: 获益 quiet:安静的 dignity:尊严
但你们能受益于那亲切安静的尊严。
Miss I-chew-gum- like-a-1930s-gun-moll.
chew:咀嚼 gum:口香糖 gun moll: [A gun moll is a female companion of male professional criminal, in the U.S., the term has mostly been applied a woman associating with an American gangster of the 1920s and '30sgun moll用来表示职业的女性罪犯,在美国,这个词用来形容二三十年代的女强盗]
我嚼口香糖像30年代戴枪女强盗小姐。
-Lynette: Bree, you can talk Katherine up all you want,
talk up: [主美国英语]为…说好话
Bree,你可以告诉Katherine你们都同意。
But she is just never going to be one of us.
但她永远不会想加入我们。
-Katherine: Anybody home?
有人吗?
-Bree: Hi! We were just talking about you.
嗨!我们刚好说到你。
-Susan: Random chitchat, nothing specific.
random:任意的,随便的 chitchat:闲谈 specific:特殊的
随便聊聊,没什么特别的。
-Katherine: That's nice. Could I talk to you for a minute?
很好啊,能和你说几句话吗?
-Bree: Hey. What's going on?
嘿,怎么了?
-Katherine: Okay, I know it's last minute,
我知道现在已经有点晚了,
But I have to leave town, so I'm not going to be able to help you cater the commitment ceremony.
be able to:能够 cater:备办食物 commitment:委托,承诺 ceremony:仪式
但我必须离开这里,以我将不能帮你操办订婚仪式。
-Bree: It's tomorrow! A hundred gay men are descending on this street,
gay:男同性恋 descend:下降,蜂拥而至
明天就举行了!一百个人都会来这里,
And they're expecting a fabulous party.
fabulous:极好的
他们都期待着一个很棒的聚会。
-Katherine: I feel awful, but I wouldn't bail on you if it weren't important.
awful:糟糕的 bail on sb.:【背弃朋友 bail: 保释】
我很抱歉,但如果不重要的话我不会麻烦你的。
-Bree: Okay. Well, what’s going on?
好吧,到底怎么了?
-Katherine: I can't tell you. Again, I’m so sorry. Good luck.
我不能和你说,再次对不起。祝你好运。
-Bree: All right, you can all wipe those smug looks off your faces,
wipe:擦掉,消除 smug:自以为是的
那么,别再露出幸灾乐祸的表情了。
Because every one of you has just become my employee.
employee:职员,受雇者
因为才现在起,你们每一个都成为我的手下。
-Susan: Hey, got any plans tomorrow at 5:00 a.m.? 'Cause now you do.
嘿,明天上午5点有什么打算吗?现在有了。
Bree needs about two truckloads of flowers picked up from... What?
truckload:一货车容量 pick up: 想尽办法寻找,四处收集
Bree需要两卡车的鲜花从...怎么了?
-Julie: Guess who got off the wait-list at Princeton!
wait-list:等候批准名单 Princeton:普林斯顿
猜猜谁拿到了Princeton的候选名额!
-Susan: Oh, my god. Oh, my god! I'm so proud of you!
喔,天哪! 喔,天哪!我真为你骄傲!
Okay, I am going to need a bumper sticker right away
bumper:特大的 sticker:贴纸 right away: 立刻
好,我马上就去张贴特大广告。
So I can start annoying all the other parents!
annoy:使烦恼
那就能刺激其他的父母了!
-Julie: Sure. I'll snag you one when I get there on Tuesday.
snag:清除困难
当然,告诉你一个不幸的消息,我星期二就要到那儿。
-Susan: Tuesday? What are you talking about?
星期二? 你在说什么?
-Julie: Okay, you know that professor who read my senior thesis?
professor:教授 senior:毕业班学生 thesis:论文
你知道审阅我毕业论文的教授吗?
Well, he was so impressed that he asked me to come out and do a summer internship.
impressed: 有印象的 internship: 实习生身份
他印象如此之深,他让我这个暑假出去实习。
I'm leaving next week.
我下周就走。
-Susan: Next week? W…well that is a big...No.
下周? 嗯真是个大...不行。
-Julie: No? Mom, I have to. It's a huge honor.
huge:巨大的 honor:荣誉
不行? 妈妈,我一定要去,这是个很大的荣誉。
-Susan: Yes... To be chosen,
是的... 被选中是很荣幸。
And you have been chosen. So congratulations,
congratulation:祝贺
而你被选中了,祝贺你。
And you're staying home.
你得待在家里。
-Mike: Oh, you're not letting her go? But it's a huge honor.
喔,你不让她走?但这可是个大荣誉。
-Susan: Yes, we’ve established that. It's huge. It's an honor. We get it.
establish:证实,确定
是的,我们确定,很大,很光荣。我们都明白。
-Julie: Give me one good reason why I can't go.
给我个不让我走的好理由。
-Susan: Well, the first thing off the top of my head...
off the top of my head:【脑子里面第一个想到的事 eg: Well, off the top of my head, I'd say my favorite movie is Vertical Limit. 嗯,我脑子一闪,我会说我最喜欢的电影是“巅峰极限”。】
我想到的一件事是...
Uh... We can't afford it.
afford:负担得起
嗯...我们没钱。
-Mike: Susan can I talk to you for a sec?
Susan 能和你说几句吗?
You know, I just inherited 5 grand from grandpa Maynard,
inherit:继承 grand:(美俚)一千美元
你知道的,我刚从我爷爷Maynard那儿拿到了5000美元。
And I... I'd really like to help Julie do this.
而且我...我真的想帮Julie。
-Susan: Mike, that is so sweet.
sweet:令人愉快的
Mike,你真是太好了。
Mike makes another good point.
point: 要点
Mike有另一个好提议。
Who is this professor?
professor: 教授
这教授是谁?
I don't know him. I am certainly not going to give my daughter to him for a summer.
我不认识他,我当然不会把我的女儿交给他一个暑假。
I'm sorry, Julie. This is not happening.
抱歉,Julie,你不能去。
-Julie: This totally sucks.
totally:完全 suck:[俚语]令人厌恶
太过分了!
-Susan: Well, yes, but don't forget…It is a huge honor.
forget:忘记
是的,但你别忘了...这很光荣!
-Lynette: Hey.You know what we haven't done in a really long time?
really:真正地
嘿,你知道我们已经很长时间没有进展了吗?
Made 250 mini pizzas in one afternoon.
mini:迷你的,小型的 pizza:披萨
一下午做250个披萨。
-Tom: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Lynette: Bree's in a horrible jam, and I told her we'd help cater
horrible:可怕的 jam:堵塞 cater:备办食物
Bree有个大麻烦,我告诉她我们会帮她操办。
The commitment ceremony tomorrow.
明天的订婚仪式。
-Tom: I can't. I'm busy, remember? I'm taking this stuff to Kayla,
stuff:东西
我不行,我很忙你忘了吗? 我要把这些东西搬给Kayla。
My daughter who lives four and a half hours away now.
我女儿现在住在四个半小时路程远的地方。
-Lynette: Okay, so at the risk
risk:危险
那么在这情况下,
of cracking these eggshells I’ve been walking on all week,
crack:打开,破裂 eggshell:蛋壳
我整个星期如履薄冰。
Any idea when you're going to stop being so angry?
你什么时候才能不这么生气?
-Tom: I'm not angry at you.
我没生你的气。
-Lynette: 'Cause you know we didn't have a choice, Tom.
'Cause:[口语] =because
你知道我们别无选择,Tom。
We had to get her out of the house.
我们只能让她走。
-Tom: I know. I am angry at the situation.
situation:情况,局势
我知道,我只是生这情况的气。
Can you please just let me be angry?
你就让我气气不行吗?
-Lynette: Fine. You can be as angry and sulky and prissy as you want,
sulky:生气的 prissy:神经质的
行,你可以尽情地生气,尽情地郁闷。
Just so long as you're here tomorrow, helping me crank out 250 mini pizzas.
crank out:制出
直到明天,然后明天你得帮我做出250个小披萨。
-Tom: You know, I’ve been told that some wives ask their husbands for favors and actually say,” Please."
favor:支持,【帮忙】 actually:实际上
我已经说过了,有些妻子找丈夫帮忙,总会说"请"。
-Lynette: Oh, Tom. Don't you know an urban myth when you hear one?
urban:城市的 myth:神话
喔,Tom,你不知道你听到的是个都市神话吗?
-Gabrielle: Okay, so here's the deal.
deal: 交易,协议
好了,这就是我们任务。
Bree needs all of these wedding favors
wedding:婚礼
Bree需要所有这些婚庆用品
wrapped by tomorrow, and she's really counting on me,
wrap:包裹,包 count on:依靠,指望
在明天之前包好,她全指望我了。
So... I'm going to need you to hurry.
所以...我需要你快点行动起来!
-Carlos: I just got off the phone with the credit card company.
credit:信用 company:公司
我刚刚接到了信用卡公司的电话,
Do you have something that you want to tell me?
你有什么要告诉我的吗?
-Gabrielle: Mm... Well, it would be easier if I knew what you knew.
嗯...好吧,我知道你知道了些什么会比较容易说。
-Carlos: Damn it, Gaby, enough shopping!
damn:该死的,可恶的 enough:足够的 shopping: 购物
够了,Gaby 你买得够多了!
You've maxed out every credit card we own.
max:(尽最大努力)完成 credit card: 信用卡 credit: 信用 own:拥有
你刷爆了我们的每张卡,
I mean, we are so broke right now,
broke:一文不名的
我是说,我们现在几乎破产了。
It's going to be a miracle if we don't end up on the street.
miracle:奇迹 end up:结束
我们最后不露宿街头简直是个奇迹。
-Gabrielle: Okay, when you yell at me, I get upset.
yell:大叫 upset:烦乱的,不高兴的
好了,你冲我吼,我很难过。
And you know what I do when I get upset? I shop.
你知道我难过的时候会干嘛? 我会购物。
So if we do end up homeless, guess whose fault it'll be.
end up: 结束 homeless:无家可归的 guess:猜测 fault:错误
所以如果我们最后真的无家可归,看看到底是谁的错。
-Carlos: Whatever. I'm going to go read porn... In Braille.
whatever:不管怎样,随便 porn:<口>(=pornography)色情文学 Braille:布莱叶盲文
算了,我去看布莱叶点字法(盲人用)的... 色情小说了。
-Gabrielle: Hello?
你好?
-Ellie: Gaby, it’s Ellie.
Gaby,我是Ellie。
-Gabrielle: Ellie, you can't call me! The cops are all over my ass.
All over my ass:【这里可以理解为“都在紧盯着我” all over:到处 ass:臀部】
Ellie你不能打给我! 周围都是警察在监视我,
Because they think I helped you escape.
escape:逃亡
因为他们认为我帮你逃跑。
-Ellie: I'm sorry. I just need one more favor,
抱歉,我只需要你再帮我一次。
And then I'll never bother you again.
bother:打扰
然后我不会再打扰你。
-Gabrielle: Oh! Ellie, I don't know. What is it?
喔!Ellie,我不知道,要我帮你什么?
-Ellie: I left my Teddy bear in the coat closet. I need you to bring it to me.
bear: 熊 coat: 外套 closet:壁橱
我把我的泰迪熊落在衣橱里了,我想你把它带给我。
-Gabrielle: Teddy bear? What is that, code for "a pound of blow"?
code:密码 pound:磅,英镑 blow: [美国俚语]可卡因
泰迪熊? 那是什么 "依傍海洛因"的接头暗号?
-Ellie: No, it’s an actual teddy bear.
不,是真的泰迪熊。
My dad gave it to me when I was five,
我爸爸在我5岁时给我的,
And it's the only thing I have left to remember him by.
这是我现在唯一可以拿来纪念他的东西了。
-Gabrielle: Crap. You had to play the daddy card.
crap:胡说;废话;谎言;大话 play card:【愿意是“大牌”,但是常用于引申义,例如play our best card: 使出绝招,这里就是把爸爸搬出来,即打出亲情牌】
该死,你在打亲情牌。
-Bree: So after the ceremony, we'll open up the buffet...
ceremony:仪式 open up: 开始 buffet.:自助餐
仪式以后,我们会开始自助餐...
-Lynette: Mm-hmm. Uh, chicken Marsala, and pasta for the vegetarians.
Marsala:马沙拉葡萄酒 pasta:通心粉 vegetarian:素食者
嗯,马沙拉白葡萄酒鸡肉和给素食者的通心粉。
-Bree: And dancing, roll out the cake; you leave for your honeymoon,
roll out: 铺开 roll:滚动 leave for: 出发去 honeymoon:蜜月
然后跳舞,推出蛋糕,你们去度蜜月。
And I will collapse in a tasteful heap.
collapse:崩溃 tasteful:好吃的 heap:堆
而我将在美味留下的垃圾里崩溃。
-Lee: Hold it. You didn't say anything about the ice sculpture.
sculpture:雕塑
等等,你没提到冰雕。
-Bree: Oh! Yes, I'm sorry. One cherub delivered at 1:30.
cherub:小天使 deliver:递送
喔! 是的,抱歉,一个天使会在1:30送到。
-Lee: Cherub? No, I specifically told Katherine we were going to go with the enchanted castle.
specifically:特定地,明确地 enchant:使着迷,使入迷,迷住,使陶醉,使心醉 enchanted: 使人陶醉的
天使? 不我特地告诉Katherine我们要一座迷人的城堡。
-Bob: And I told her we'd go with the cherub.
go with: 采用,选用
我告诉她我们要的是天使。
Because we are not 8-year-old girls.
我们不是8岁的小女孩。
-Lee: Bob, all my life I have dreamt of having a wedding reception in which I would serve drinks from a vodka moat,
dream of: 做梦,梦见 wedding: 婚礼 reception:招待会 serve:提供食物或饮料 vodka:伏特加 moat:壕沟,护城河
Bob,我一辈子都梦想我的结婚典礼拥有像伏特加护城河那样多的美酒,
surrounding an enchanted castle rendered in ice,
surround:环绕 castle:城堡 render:显示,展示
美酒是用一座迷人的冰雕城堡包围的,
And I don't think that's too much to ask.
ask: 要求
我不认为我要求得太多。
-Bob: Remember when you asked me to tell you when you start acting like Faye Dunaway
act:举动像
记得你来找我,让我在你脑子发热的时候提醒你,
from the boardroom scene in "Mommies Dearest"?
boardroom:会议室,交换场所 scene:场景 Mommies Dearest:【一部80年代的美国电影,由Faye Dunaway主演,Faye Dunaway扮演的主人翁Joan Crawford是一个极度爱干净,甚至喜欢控制她身边人的主妇】
不要让你的婚礼变成"妈妈最爱"里的场景?
-Bree: Uh, why don't I let you two work this out?
work out: 解决
呃,你们还是自己商量好吧?
-Lee: Fine, we’ll go with the stupid baby angel. I need some coffee.
stupid:愚蠢的
好吧,我们用那傻乎乎的婴儿天使。我需要咖啡。
-Bree: Why are you here? And don't say for the pizza,
你怎么在这儿? 不要告诉我来吃披萨,
Because I know you're lactose-intolerant.
lactose-intolerant:不能吃乳糖的 lactose: 乳糖 intolerant: 不能容忍的
我知道你不能吃甜食。
-Orson: I heard Katherine left you in the lurch. I’m here to offer my assistance.
leave sb. in the lurch: 【不顾某人的安危 lurch:突然倾斜】 offer:提供 assistance:帮助
我听说Katherine把你弄得很混乱,我是来帮忙的。
-Bree: Oh, I get it. So I'm desperate and vulnerable,
desperate:绝望的 vulnerable:易受伤害的
喔,我明白了,我绝望而又无助,
And you're going to swoop in and save the day.
swoop:突然袭击,突然行动
所以你来拯救我了。
Well, thank you very much. I'm fine.
那么,非常感谢你,我很好!
-Orson: Darling, don’t be stubborn. You're going to need place cards,
stubborn:顽固的 place card: [美国英语] (正式宴会等中的)座位姓名卡
亲爱的,别那么顽固,你需要发请贴。
And you know I have excellent penmanship.
excellent:极好的 penmanship:书法
你知道我字写得好。
-Bree: Don't you dare throw your calligraphy skills in my face when you know I'm at a low point?
dare: 敢 throw: 瞎吹牛 calligraphy:书法 skill:技能 in my face:【当着我的面】 at a low point:处于低谷
你明知道我的字写得很差还专门过来炫耀,
Now go! And stop following me.
你怎么敢这样做,现在就走! 别再跟着我。
-Tom: You're doomed.
doomed:命定的
命中注定。
-Lee: Excuse me?
什么?
-Tom: The way you just caved on that sculpture thing?
cave:[口语] 屈服;认输
你刚刚陷在你的冰雕里的样子?
You're setting the tone for your entire marriage.
tone:音调,基调 entire:整个的 marriage:婚姻
为你的婚姻定了基调。
-Lee: I am?
有吗?
-Tom: Yeah. You have got to dig in your heels.
dig in your heels: 【坚定你的原则 dig:挖 heel:脚后跟】
是的,你必须坚定你的观点。
Otherwise, you're going to be pushed around for the next...
push around: 摆布,欺负 otherwise:否则
否则,你会后悔的,在将来...
Let's see. How long have I been married?
让我想想,我结婚多久了?
Ten and a half years.
十年半吧。
-Lee: I want my castle. Lee... It is the only thing I've asked for, and damn it, I’m entitled to it.
castle:城堡 entitle:使有权利
我要我的城堡。Lee... 这是我的唯一要求。而且该死的,我有权要求。
-Bob: Fine.
好的。
-Lee: Oh. Thank you.
喔,谢谢。
-Bree: All right, so I will call the ice sculptor and see if we can…
sculptor:雕刻家
好吧,我会打电话给冰雕家。看看我们能...
-Bob: Forget it. We're sticking with the cherub.
stick:坚持
让他去,我们还是用天使。
And later, when he bitches about it, I'll just buy him some jewelry.
bitch:[美国俚语]发牢骚,埋怨 jewelry:珠宝
之后,如果他为此抓狂,我会帮他买珠宝。
-Lynette: You sure you haven't been married before?
你确定你没结过婚?
-Carlos: Hey, Gaby?
嘿,Gaby?
-Gabrielle: Over here, Carlos.
我在这儿,Carlos。
-Carlos: You know, I got a theory
theory:理论,想法
我有个想法。
As to why all this bad stuff has happened to us…My blindness and losing all our money...
as to:关于 blindness:失明
关于发生在我们身上的坏事...我瞎了,钱也没了...
It's Karma. You know, we’ve been selfish and greedy,
Karma:羯磨(梵文音译,意译为“业”,意为决定来世命运的所作所为) selfish:自私的 greedy:贪婪的
是现世报,我自私而贪婪,
And the universe is telling us to start being better people.
universe:宇宙,上天
上天在告诫我们要做好人,
-Gabrielle: I just found $118,000 in Ellie's teddy bear.
我刚刚在Ellie的泰迪熊里发现118,000美金。
-Carlos: Hey, Universe? Bite me!
bite:咬
嘿,老天爷,放马过来吧!
-Wayne: Hello?
你好?
-Romslo: Hey, Wayne? It's Pete Romslo.
嘿 Wayne? 我是Pete Romslo
-Wayne: Pete! How’s a trick?
trick:诡计
Pete! 又耍什么花招啊?
-Romslo: Listen, uh, I'm just calling to give you a heads-up.
heads-up:警告
听着,我只是打电话提醒你一下。
Um, I finally met your ex. She came in to file a report.
file:归档
我终究还是见到你的前妻了,她过来备案了。
Apparently, you, uh, kidnapped her husband.
kidnap:绑架
很显然你绑架了她丈夫。
-Wayne: No kidding? Am I asking for ransom?
ransom:赎金
开什么玩笑? 那我要赎金了吗?
-Romslo: Well, you always said she was crazy. Now I feel your pain.
pain:痛苦
你以前总说她很疯狂,现在我能理解你的痛苦了。
Anyway, I…I just thought you should know, huh? Take care.
anyway:不管怎样
不管怎么样我觉得应该告诉你,对吧? 保重。
-Wayne: Thanks. Okay, enough kidding around. Tell me where my daughter is.
kidding:玩笑
谢谢!好了,玩笑开够了。告诉我我女儿在哪儿。
Oh, for…Did you die on me? Damn it!
die on:死在…眼前
噢…你在跟我装死?该死!
-Bree: Okay, so you have another one of those in the truck?
truck:卡车
好了,这就是说卡车里有另一个?
-Woman: Thank you. I’ll be back in ten minutes!
谢谢,我十分钟后回来!
We need more settings on five, please.
setting:一套餐具
我们第五桌还要更多的餐具
-Bree: Lynette, I wish I had time to be more tactful, but I don't.
tactful:机智的
Lynette,我希望自己能有时间把话说动听点,但来不及了。
Your swan is pathetic, and I'm firing you from napkin duty.
swan:天鹅 pathetic:可怜的,悲惨的 fire:解雇 napkin:餐巾 duty:责任,任务
你折的天鹅很糟,你现在不用负责餐巾纸这事儿了。
-Lynette: No, no, give me another chance. I will get it.
别,再给次机会,我会搞定的。
-Bree: Yes? Oh, there you are! Where is my ice sculpture? No! No, 6:00 is too late. I need it now.
什么事?你来了! 我的冰雕呢?不行! 6点太晚了,我现在就要。
Oh, forget it. I'll pick it up myself. Why don't you fill water glasses?
fill: 装满 glass: 玻璃杯
算了,我自己去取。要不你去倒酒去?
That's an important job, too. Andrew... Look, I’m on my way back,
那也是一项很重要的工作。Andrew... 听着,我在回去的路上,
But it's imperative that you...
imperative:急需的
但是你必须...
Andrew? Oh, dear god. Oh, no. Don't die on me now! Aah! Oh, dear god. Aah! Help me! Help!
Andrew? 噢,天啊。噢,别,别现在耍我!嗷!噢,上帝。啊! 帮帮我!帮帮我!
-Carlos: I'm just saying we should pay off all of our bills and put the rest in savings.
pay off:偿清(欠款等) bill:账单 rest:其余的 saving:存款
我只是说我们应该把帐单都付清,然后剩下的钱都存起来。
-Gabrielle: Savings? Nobody does that anymore.
存钱? 现在没人这么做了。
-Carlos: Well, I mean, you never know. We might have kids.
你没听懂我的意思,我们可能会有孩子。
-Gabrielle: Oh, Carlos, we're never going to have kids. Shoes are my kids. Let me be the mother I was meant to be.
be meant to:应该是
Carlos,我们不会有孩子的。鞋就是我的孩子,让我做我想做的那种妈妈。
-Gabrielle: Hello?
喂?
-Ellie: Where's my bear?
我的熊呢?
-Gabrielle: Oh. Right. The bear. Well... I looked all over and just couldn't find it.
噢,对了,那只熊。呃... 我四处找遍了没找着。
I guess the cops took it. I'm really sorry, Ellie.
可能是警察给拿走了吧,真抱歉,Ellie。
I know it was a gift from your dad. It just breaks my heart.
break:打破,弄破 break my heart:【伤了我的心】
我知道这是你爸爸给你的礼物。也让我很难过。
-Ellie: You found the money, didn't you?
你发现那些钱了,对吗?
-Gabrielle: Money? What money?
钱? 什么钱?
-Ellie: You're lying. I can hear it in your voice.
lie: 撒谎 voice: 声音
你在撒谎,我能从你声音听出来。
-Gabrielle: What's wrong with my voice?
我的声音怎么了?
-Ellie: Okay, listen, bitch. You do not want to screw with me.
bitch:婊子 screw:胁迫
好了,听着,婊子,你不想跟我过不去吧?
-Gabrielle: How about we split it 50-50?
split:分开
五五分怎么样?
-Ellie: I'm coming to get my money,
我现在去拿我的钱,
And if one dime is missing, I will throw acid in your face.
dime:一角硬币 throw: 丢,投 acid:酸
如果我发现少一个子儿,我就用硫酸烧死你。
-Gabrielle: Okay, we really need to get caller ID.
caller ID:来电显示(服务) (能显示来电者电话号码的服务) caller:打电话的人
好了,我们真该办个来电显示。
-Gabrielle: Ugh. What more can you do to me?
呃。你还能怎么玩儿我?
-Orson: Need a lift?
lift:搭便车
要搭便车吗?
-Susan: Hey.
嘿。
-Katherine: Hi. Is, uh, Dylan here by any chance?
by chance:偶然,碰巧
嗨,Dylan在这儿吗,我是说有可能没?
-Susan: Uh, um, no, I…I haven't seen her.
呃,我…我没见到她。
-Katherine: Okay. Thanks.
好的,谢谢。
-Susan: Hey, Katherine, are you all right?
嘿 Katherine 你没事吧?
-Katherine: Uh... Dylan and I, we... Had a big fight.
fight:吵架,打架
呃... Dylan跟我,我们...大吵了一架。
-Susan: Well, I’m sure she's just upset,
upset:烦乱的,不高兴
我觉得她肯定是心情不好,
And she'll come home after she cools off.
cool off:冷却,平静下来
等她冷静下来就会回家的。
-Katherine: Not this time. I lied to her.
这次不同。我跟她撒了谎。
-Susan: Well... We all lie to our kids sometimes, right?
哦... 我们时不时都跟我们的孩子撒过谎,对吗?
-Katherine: I've been doing it her whole life…
我一生都在撒谎…
One lie on top of another…And the thing... I learned too late
on top of another:【一个上面又再一个,形容很多】
一个接一个…事情是... 我觉悟太晚了!
is that eventually they all come crashing down on you.
crash:撞碎,坠落
他们最终积在一块同时出来让你崩溃!
Anyway, if you see her, let me know? Thanks.
不管怎么说,如果你见到她,告诉我好吗?谢谢。
-Wayne: What's your hurry, Kathy?
这么匆忙赶什么啊,Kathy?
-Katherine: Aah! Aah! Aah.
啊! 啊!啊!
-Wayne: What happened to my daughter?
我女儿发生什么事了?
-Katherine: I'm not telling you anything, so you might as well kill me.
might as well: 还是…的好
我什么也不会说的,你最好也把我杀了。
I don't care.
care: 在意
无所谓。
-Wayne: I believe you. I do. But what about Dylan?
我相信你,非常相信。那Dylan怎么办呢?
Or should I say, that girl that lives here with you?
或者我该说,跟你一块儿住的那个小女孩?
I bet you'd care if I killed her.
bet:打赌
我打赌你一定很在乎我是否杀了她.
-Lynette: Uh... There are no wings.
wing:翅膀
呃...没有翅膀。
-Bree: Yes and the "Venus de Milo" is missing two arms. What's your point?
Venus de Milo:米洛的维纳斯 miss:漏掉,缺失 point: 要点
没错,"爱神维纳斯" 还缺了两个胳膊呢。你想说什么?
-Lynette: It's...stunning.
stunning:足以使人晕倒的,极好的
它... 非常好!
-Bree: Well, I suppose I should say thank you.
suppose:推想,认为
我想我该说谢谢!
-Orson: Oh, it's no big deal. You're just lucky I was there.
哦,小事一桩,只是碰巧赶上了。
-Bree: Was I lucky, or were you following me?
follow:跟随
是我幸运,还是你在故意跟踪我?
-Orson: I thought you might need my help.
我觉得你需要我的帮助。
-Bree: And you were right. I did.
你说的对,我确实需要。
You just think I'm being stubborn, don't you?
stubborn:顽固的
你觉得我很固执,对吗?
Making you jump through hoops when it's so clear we belong together.
jump through hoops:经受磨难,做出很大努力 hoop:铁环 belong:属于
当事实明摆着我们应该在一起,我还故意给你出难题。
-Orson: I don't think anything, Bree. I'm just trying to be there for you
我什么也没想,Bree。我只是想陪在你身边。
And hoping eventually you'll forgive me.
forgive:原谅
希望渐渐的你能原谅我。
-Bree: But that's just it, Orson.
这就是了,Orson。
If I forgive you, then I'm forgiving what you did to Mike.
如果我原谅了你,就等于我原谅你对Mike所做的。
I can't do that. And… and you wouldn't want me to. I mean, be honest with yourself.
honest:诚实的
我做不到,而且…你不会希望我这么做的。我是说,对你自己诚实。
If I took you back now, I wouldn't be the woman you love.
take back: 接受
如果我现在接纳你了,我就不是你爱的那个女人了。
-Orson: Then what can I do?
我要怎么做呢?
-Bree: I've already told you. Turn yourself in to the police and let justice run its course.
turn in: [美国英语](向警察局)告发 justice:正义 run its course: 按通常方式发展 course:流程
我告诉过你了,去自首,让公正来裁决。
-Orson: I can't do that, Bree. I want to, for you, more than anything.
我做不到 Bree。我想做,为了你,比任何事情都想。
But I don't think I could survive it.
survive:生还,幸免
但是我觉得我不会幸免的。
-Bree: Well... So here we are.
哦... 那么我们就这样了!
-Lee: What is this?
这是什么?
-Lynette: It's your ice sculpture.
你的冰雕啊!
-Lee: No, it’s not. I see no turrets. I see no flags. I see no moat full of vodka.
turret:小塔,角楼 flag:旗子 moat:壕沟 vodka:伏特加
不,这不是。没有小塔,没有小旗,没有装满伏特加酒的沟壕。
What I see is a giant, icy slap in the face. Bob! What's that?
giant:巨大的 slap:耳光
我看到的就是一个巨大的冰垃圾。Bob! 那是什么?
-Susan: I want to be able to reach you this summer when you're doing that internship.
reach:与…取得联系 internship:实习
夏天你去实习的时候,我希望能联系到你。
-Julie: You changed your mind?
你改变主意了?
-Susan: Here's the thing. You and I have always had kind of an unconventional relationship,
unconventional:非传统的
是这样的,你我之间一直保持着一种不太合乎传统的关系,
And the reason that worked was because we always tell each other the truth...
我们之所以这么好,是因为彼此之间一直是坦诚相待的...
Until yesterday. Julie, I lied about not having enough money to send you.
直到昨天,Julie 我骗你说不能承担你实习的费用。
-Julie: Why?
为什么撒谎?
-Susan: Because I just freaked out about you leaving.
freak out:吓坏了
因为我太怕你离开了。
-Julie: But you knew I was going away to college.
但你知道我要离开家上大学的。
-Susan: Yes, in the fall. And I needed those extra three months to get ready. I...
fall:秋天 extra:多余的
是,秋天的时候。我需要多点时间来适应,我...
I still have not figured out how I'm going to get by without you.
figure out:想出 get by:混过
我到现在还不知道,你不在我该怎么过。
-Julie: Mom...
妈妈...
-Susan: Seriously... I just lean on you in ways you don't even know.
seriously:认真地 lean on:依靠着
说真的... 你不知道我有多依赖你。
-Julie: I think you are stronger than you give yourself credit for.
credit:相信,荣誉
我觉得你要比你自己想象的更坚强。
-Susan: Well... I spend more time with me than you do,
好了... 我跟自己待一起的时间要比你长。
And I'm a mess.
mess:乱七八糟
我知道自己做的有多糟。
-Julie: Well, you were when dad left. I had my hands full then.
have my hands full:【我的双手是满的,即我手头很忙】
爸爸走的时候你确实是。我那时候忙。
But you've grown so much these last five years.
过去的五年里你成熟了不少。
-Susan: Really?
真的吗?
-Julie: You are a secure, confident woman now.
secure:无虑的,安心的 confident:自信的
你现在是一个让人放心而又自信的女人了。
You're ready to spread your wings and fly. Frankly, my work here is done.
spread:伸展 wing:翅膀 frankly:坦白地
你准备好了张开翅膀去飞,坦白说,我要做的已经做完了。
-Susan: Thanks. Now I want you to have that phone on you at all times...
谢谢。现在我希望你把那个电话一直带着...
because I’m still not sure how to work the dishwasher.
dishwasher:洗碗机
因为我还是搞不懂怎么用洗碗机。
-Bob: For god sake, Lee! It's just an ice sculpture!
算了吧 Lee! 只不过是个冰雕!
-Lee: It is not "just an ice sculpture"!
这不只是那个冰雕的问题,
It's the sculpture and making me move to the suburbs and forcing me to be nice to your homophobic boss.
suburb:郊区 force: 强迫 homophobic:对同性恋的憎恶 boss:老板
让我搬到市郊,逼我对你那个变态的同性老板好。
You know what? Tom's right.
你知道吗? Tom说对了,
If I don't start standing up for myself, I'm doomed.
stand up for: 维护,支持 doomed:命定的
如果我不站在自己这边的话,我死定了。
-Tom: I don't believe I used the word "doomed."
我相信我没有用 "死定了"这个词。
-Lee: You're always overruling me. You treat me like a child.
overrule:驳回,否决 treat:对待
你总在支配我,把我当小孩哄。
Well, I've had it! Ceremony's off, Mein Fuhrer!
Mein Fuhrer:拜见希特勒【一部电影】
我受够了! 庆典结束,暴政王!
-Bob: It's a chunk of ice, you drama queen!
chunk:大块 drama queen:大惊小怪的人 drama:戏剧 queen:女王
只是块冰,戏剧女王!
-Tom: Okay... All I said was…
好了... 我只是说了…
-Lynette: I don't care what you said. We have to fix this!
care:关心 fix:解决
我不管你说了什么,我们得摆平这些!
Or do you want to tell Bree that you torpedoed her ceremony?
torpedo: 破坏(政策、计划等)
难道你想告诉Bree你把她的庆典毁了?
-Bree: I did not tell you to put mums in that arrangement!
mum:[口语]菊花 arrangement: 安排
我没告诉你要放菊花啊!
And don't point your finger at me or I’ll snap it right off.
finger:手指 snap:咬断
别用手指着我,小心我把它咬了。
-Tom: I'll find Bob.
我去找Bob。
-Lynette: I'll get Lee.
我去找Lee。
-Lee: You can't make me talk to him.
你不能逼我跟他讲话。
-Lynette: Yeah, I can. Sit down. Earlier, my husband,
是的,我能,坐下,早些前,我丈夫
In an attempt to help you with your relationship, mistakenly gave you some advice,
in an attempt to: 力图,试图 attempt:试图 relationship:关系 mistakenly:错误地 advice:建议
试图想帮助你们二位关系更进一步,却不当的给了你们一些建议。
which he would now like to take back. Tom?
take back:拿回,收回
他现在要收回。Tom?
-Tom: Actually, I stand by everything I said. My mistake was in not going far enough.
stand by:支持 go far:走得远,深入
事实上,我对我说的没什么好收回的。我的错误在于没把事做到底。
-Lynette: what?
你说什么?
-Tom: If you're willing to break up over an ice sculpture,
break up:破碎,解散
如果你们仅仅因为一个冰雕分手的话,
You guys should absolutely not get married.
absolutely:显然地 get married:结婚
那么你们是绝对不能结婚了。
-Lynette: Where the hell are you going with this?
你说这些到底想要干什么?
-Tom: Because who gets to choose the ice sculpture, who should take out the trash?
sculpture:雕塑 trash:垃圾
因为谁来选择冰雕,谁该去倒垃圾,
Who has to stay home and make the mini pizzas… That's the little stuff.
stuff:东西
谁得呆在家做小披萨… 都是些小事,
What are you going to do when the big stuff comes along?
come along:随同,过来
大事来的时候你们准备怎么办?
-Lynette: Could you give us a second?
失陪一会儿好吗?
-Tom: No. What are you going to do when a tornado hits your house?
tornado:龙卷风
不行,龙卷风袭击你们的房子的时候你们准备怎么做,
Or you have problems with your kids, or one of you gets cancer?
cancer:癌症
或者你们有些孩子方面的问题,或者你们其中一个得了癌症?
At some point, the crap is going to hit the fan,
at some point: 在某种程度上 hit the fan:[美国俚语]酿成大乱,产生严重后果
某种程度上讲,什么事情都是可能发生的。
And that is why now, before you make the commitment,
commitment:承诺
这就是为什么在彼此许诺以前,
You have to ask yourself, is that person in bed next to you worth the trouble?
worth:值得
你们得先自问一下,睡在你旁边的那个人值不值得你担待这些麻烦?
Do you love him... or her so much that no disease, no disaster could possibly pull you apart?
disease:疾病 disaster:灾难 pull apart:被拉开,被分开
你是否真的爱他... 或她到这个程度,以至于那些疾病、灾难,都无法打垮你?
-Lynette: Answer him.
回答他。
-Lee and Bob: Sure. Of course I do.
当然,我当然能。
-Lynette: Good. Good, then... Get out there and get committed, you crazy kids.
commit:承诺 kid:孩子
很好。很好,那么...出去许诺吧,你们两个疯孩子。
-Driver Oh, my god. Are you okay? You need some help?
噢,天哪!你还好吧? 要帮忙吗?
-Adam: Yes. Thanks for stopping.
是的。谢谢停车。
-Gabrielle: Yes, officer. I see you. Thank you for coming.
是的,长官,我看到你了,谢谢你能过来。
Now remember, Ellie's dangerous. So if she shows up, feel free to use excessive force.
dangerous:危险的 show up:出现 fell free: 请便 excessive:过度的 force:武力
记着,Ellie很危险。如果看到她,尽管使用武力。
Carlos, are you almost ready? Carlos? Did you hear me?
ready:准备好的
Carlos,你准备好了没?Carlos? 听到我叫你了吗?
-Carlos: I'm just getting my jacket.
jacket:短上衣,夹克衫
我只是来拿我的外套。
-Gabrielle: Oh, honey, can you carry the house keys? They don't fit in my purse.
carry:携带 key:钥匙 fit:适合 purse:钱包
噢,亲爱的,你能拿着房间钥匙吗?我的钱包装不下。
-Carlos: Ellie's upstairs.
Ellie在楼上。
-Gabrielle: What?!
什么?!
-Carlos: She's in our bedroom. I heard her breathing. Call the cops.
breathing:呼吸
她在我们卧室,我听到她呼吸了。叫警察。
-Gabrielle: Wait! She's going to steal our money!
steal:偷
等等! 她会偷了我们的钱的!
-Carlos: You can't go up there. It's too dangerous.
你不能上去,太危险了。
-Gabrielle: Well, not as dangerous as poverty!
poverty:财产
我们的财产更危险!
-Carlos: Gaby. Gaby? What's going on?
Gaby,Gaby? 发生什么事了?
-Gabrielle: Aah! Carlos! Carlos, don’t just stand there! Go get help!
啊! Carlos! Carlos 别光站着! 叫人来帮忙!
-Carlos: Help! Police!
呼救! 警察!
-Gabrielle: That's the closet!
closet:壁橱
那是橱柜!
-Ellie: Ow!
嗷!
-Gabrielle: Police! Police! Get in here now!
警官! 警官!快进来!
-Katherine: Wayne. I don't think you've thought this through.
think through:彻底地全面考虑
Wayne,我觉得你并没想通。
-Wayne: Shut up.
闭嘴!
-Katherine: If I tell you what happened, if I don't tell you...You're going to kill me anyway.
无论我告诉你还是不告诉你...我都是死路一条。
Who you going to pin it on?
pin:把…归罪于
你能嫁祸给谁?
We have history. Right now I’m just your bitter, crazy ex.
history: 历史【这里指两人之间是有历史的,即两人曾经是有关系的 】 bitter:痛苦的 crazy:疯狂的 ex:已经离婚的配偶
我们有关系的。现在我只是恨你到发疯的前妻,
But if I turn up dead, and you have no alibi...
turn up: 被找到 alibi:不在场证明辩解
但要是我死了,你没有办法开脱的...
-Wayne: You let me worry about that.
用不着你操心。
-Ellie: Look, I’m having a little problem right now. I just need to hide here for a sec.
听着,我遇到点儿小麻烦,得在这躲一会儿,
And I don't want to hurt you, so don't make me. All right?
我不想伤害你,别逼我。明白?
Good. I'm glad we understand each other.
很好,很高兴你真么配合。
-Wayne: And with your gun, too. I guess I just found my alibi.
这是你的枪呦,貌似我有办法开脱了。
-Hostess: And now we will do the exchanging of the rings...
exchanging:交换
两位新人交换戒指...
-Mccluskey: Snappy ceremony, Bree. You and Katherine really did a bang-up job.
snappy:潇洒的,漂亮的 bang-up:极好的
婚礼不错哦,Bree!你和Katherine真有一套。
-Bree: No, I did a bang-up job. Katherine bailed on me and left town last night.
不,是我有一套,Katherine放我鸽子,昨晚出城了。
-Mccluskey: I think you got hosed. I just saw her an hour ago.
hose:欺骗
貌似你被耍了,我一小时前还看到她了。
-Hostess: ...here at this joyous and festive occasion. Please join hands.
joyous:快乐的 festive:喜庆的 occasion:场合 join:结合
...在这欢乐喜庆的时刻,请牵起彼此的手。
-Wayne: She was on the run, she broke in, she stabbed you, and you shot her. Case closed.
on the run: 在逃跑中 stab:刺伤 shoot:射击 case:案例 close:结束
她在闯进来避风,她捅了你,你射了她,结案。
It's like the alibI fairy left me a present.
alibI:不在场证明辩解 fairy:仙女 present:礼物
貌似我得到了幸运之神的眷顾。
-Katherine: But I do wonder... What if Dylan doesn't come back?
wonder:想知道
我在想...要是Dylan不回来了呢?
We had a fight. She said she hated me, said she was leaving... for good.
我们吵架了,她说她恨我,她永远不会... 回来了!
-Wayne: Is that the best you can do, Kathy?
想忽悠我是吧 Kathy?
-Katherine: I know it sounds convenient. But what happens if it's true?
convenient:方便的
听起来我是在说谎,但如果我说的是真的呢?
Because you don't have another plan.
你没有另一套方案。
She was the only way you could make me tell you the truth.
只有你手里有她,我才会告诉你真相。
-Bree: Katherine? It's Bree. We need to talk now!
Katherine? 是我Bree 我得跟你说两句话!
-Mccluskey: That girl that was living with the Solis’s?
跟Solis夫妇一起住的女孩?
Actually, I thought I saw her heading down that way. Hope you find her.
head down:朝向,开往
我想我看到她往这儿跑了!但愿你们找到她,
I'd hate to think there was some maniac running around our neighborhood.
maniac:疯子 neighborhood:邻近
我还以为哪个疯子在这附近狂奔呢!
-Katherine: I'm so sorry about this.
实在对不起。
-Wayne: Shut it! So let me catch you up.
catch up: 指出(某人的)错误
闭嘴! 我来给你补补课,
I need to know something that only my ex-wife can tell me,
我要知道一些只有我前妻知道的事。
But she doesn't want to. She needs a little incentive. So that's where you come in.
incentive:刺激,鼓励
但她就是不说,她需要点动力。刚好你就进来了。
-Katherine: Wayne... Please don't.
Wayne... 拜托不要。
-Wayne: Yeah? How is it going to feel knowing...that you could've stopped this?
其实你知道...你可以让我停手的?
-Katherine: All right! I'll tell you. After I left you...A few months passed,
pass:消逝
好吧!我告诉你!当我离开你...几个月后,
And I convinced myself that you'd forgotten about us. But I was wrong.
convince:说服
我对自己说你会忘了我们的。但我错了!
How was Dylan? Did she behave herself?
behave oneself:守规矩
Dylan怎么样? 她有乖乖的吗?
-Mary Alice: She's an angel. I... Just hope I didn't do something wrong.
angel:天使
她是个天使!我... 希望我没有做错。
-Katherine: What do you mean?
你什么意思?
-Mary Alice: Well, your ex-husband was here earlier,
你前夫来了一阵子了,
And, of course, I didn't know it was him Until Dylan called him "Daddy."
当然,我一开始不知道是他,直到Dylan叫他 "爸爸"。
I'm sorry, I should've called you, but Dylan was just so happy to see him.
对不起,我应该先打个电话的。但Dylan见到她爸特高兴,
He brought her a bicycle and a doll. And she won't let that doll out of her sight.
bicycle:自行车 doll:玩具娃娃 out of sight:看不见,在视野之外
他给她买了自行车和娃娃,她寸步不离她的娃娃。
Katherine, what’s going on?
Katherine 有什么不妥吗?
-Katherine: I was going to run again, but you didn't give me enough time.
我又得逃跑了。但你没给我足够的时间,
-Lily: Wayne just drove up. Should we call the police?
drive up: 开车来到
Wayne在门外呢!要不要叫警察?
-Katherine: No. Let him in. I knew it was time to face you.
face: 面对
不,让他进来吧!我知道是时候面对你了,
And let you know you were not welcome in my home, and neither were your gifts.
neither: 两者皆不 gift:礼物
得让你知道这个家不欢迎你和你的破礼物。
-Wayne: Do you know how much money I spent looking for you?
look for: 寻找
你知道我找你花了多少钱吗?
-Katherine: I'm sureyou still had enough to buy liquor by the caseload.
liquor:酒 caseload:待处理案件之数量
你一定还有多余的钱去买酒呢!
-Wayne: Look who has gotten sassy while she's been away. I think I like it.
sassy:无礼的,厚脸皮的
飞这么久翅膀果然硬了。我喜欢。
-Katherine: What do you want, Wayne?
你想干嘛 Wayne?
-Wayne: I want my daughter back.
我要带我女儿走。
-Katherine: Why? You gotten lazy in your old age? You need somebody smaller to pound on?
lazy:懒惰的 pound on:猛敲,猛打
怎么? 岁数大了口味变了?想找个更弱小的蹂躏?
-Wayne: I never touched a hair on her head!
touch: 触碰
我没碰过她一根头发!
-Katherine: Yeah, but now she's gotten older and sassier,
但她现在比以前大了,更淘气了。
I'm sure you'll find all sorts of reasons to hit her.
all sorts of: 各种各样的 reason: 理由
你当然会找到各种理由揍她的。
-Wayne: I don't have to ask, you know. I could just go up there if I want.
告诉你,我不用经过你允许。我可以直接上楼找她。
-Katherine: She is asleep! Get the hell out!
她在睡觉! 滚出去!
-Wayne: I'm her father!
我是他爸爸!
-Katherine: I said no!
我不让!
-Wayne: I'm bleeding.
bleed:出血
我流血了!
-Katherine: Profusely. You should see a doctor.
profusely:丰富的,过多的
看到了,去看看医生吧。
-Wayne: I'll be back for my daughter.
我会回来找我女儿的。
-Katherine: You just understand this...There is nothing that I will not do
你记住这句话...为了让你远离我的女儿,
to keep you away from her. Nothing.
keep away from: 远离
我会不择手段的,记住。
-Lily: Are you all right? I heard a crash.
crash:碰撞,摔碎
你没事吧? 我听到声音了。
-Katherine: I hit him with the candlestick, he went down pretty hard.
candlestick:烛台 pretty:相当地
我拿烛台敲他的头了,我把他打趴下了。
-Lily: Thank god. I think now would be a good time to break out the 10-year-old scotch I've been saving.
break out: 打开…倒出里面的东西,倒空(容器) scotch:[美国俚语]威士忌 save:储存
谢天谢地!我想现在是时候去开那瓶我藏了十年的威士忌。
-Katherine: I honestly thought it was finally over. I don't know how I could've been so wrong.
honestly:真正地
我原以为一切都结束了,但我真的大错特错了。
-Lily: Katherine! I came in to give her another blanket. Her hand is ice-cold!
blanket:毛毯 ice-cold:冰冷的
Katherine! 我进来给她添个毯子,她的手都冰冰凉了!
-Katherine: Aunt Lily told me I couldn't go to the police.
Lily阿姨告诉我不能去警局,
She'd said you'd make it seem like I killed Dylan to keep you from taking her,
她说这会变成我为了不让你抢她而杀了她,
So I let her bury my baby in the woods.
bury:埋葬 woods:树林
所以我让她把孩子埋在树林里,
I knew I'd have to run away again, but I also knew you'd never stop looking for me,
我知道必须再一次逃跑了,我也知道你不会放弃寻找我的,
So I came up with a plan. I found a girl in a Romanian orphanage
come up with: 想出 Romanian:罗马尼亚的 orphanage:孤儿院
无可奈何,我在罗马尼亚孤儿院找到一个
Who looked just like Dylan. The resemblance was uncanny.
resemblance:相像 uncanny:不可思议的
跟Dylan长的很想的女孩,简直一模一样。
Her mother had died in childbirth, and her father had been murdered.
childbirth:分娩 murder:谋杀
他妈妈难产死了,他爸爸被谋杀了,
As I looked into those big, blue eyes,
我看着她大大的蓝眼睛,
I knew right then...She needed me as much as I needed her.
我就知道...她像我需要她一样需要我。
I've never told that to anyone. I even lied to Adam and said it was your fault.
fault:错误
我没跟任何人讲过,我甚至骗Adam说这是你的错。
And that's how I've spent the last 12 years... just telling one lie after another.
spend:度过 one after another:一个接一个
我就是那样过了12年...大谎套小谎,小谎圆大谎。
-Man: Hold it, hold it. I'm sorry, sir. We're having a party. You can't park here.
park: 停车
停车,停车,对不起,先生。我在开派对,你不能在这泊车。
-Wayne: So you let her die.
是你让她死的。
-Man: If you don't mind, I need you to park around the corner, okay? Thank you!
corner:转角
不好意思,麻烦你停到别处,好吗?谢谢!
-Wayne: You let my daughter die... like a dog.
你让我女儿死的... 像一条狗。
-Bree: It was an accident.
accident:事故,意外的事
那是个意外。
-Wayne: Then you buried her like one.
bury:埋葬
你把她埋的像条狗。
-Katherine: Because I had to. I knew if you found out, y...
我必须那样。因为要是你发现了,会...
-Wayne: That I would kill you.
会杀了你!
-Adam: Katherine! Where are you?!
Katherine! 你在哪?!
-Katherine: Adam! Get out! He's got a gun!
Adam! 快跑! 他有枪!
-Adam: You just watch over him for a sec? I'm going to call the cops.
watch over:看守 cop:警察
在这儿看着他,好吗?我去报警。
-Bree: First we have to do something to stop that bleeding.
bleeding:出血
我们得先把血止住才行,
-Wayne: Go ahead. You call the cops.
go ahead:开始
去吧,去报警吧!
Ask for my buddy Romslo...or Captain Mcmurphy.
buddy:伙伴,好朋友 captain:队长,总管
最好找我哥们Romslo... 或是Mcmurphy局长。
We play softball together. Those guys will take care of me.
softball:垒球 guy:家伙
我们一起打垒球,他们会关照我的,
And even if I do a little time... You know this isn't over.
即使我被关一阵子...你知道还没完呢,
I'll get out and I'll find you, and I'll make you pay.
pay:支付,报偿
我被放出来就会去找你,让你血债血偿。
-Katherine: I know you will.
我知道你会的。
-Susan: My god! Bree, are you all right?
天呐! Bree 你没事吧?
-Lynette: What the hell is going on?!
发生什么事了?!
-Bree: We don't have much time before the police get here. We need to talk.
警察马上就来,时间不多。你们听我的。
-Gabrielle: Excuse me. Susan!
让让!Susan!
-Susan: Come here, come here.
过来,过来!
-Gabrielle: What's going on?
发生什么事了?
-Susan: Okay, just listen to me.
先听我说。
-Cop: Ma'am, you have to talk to us. We need to know what happened. Ma'am?
夫人,你得跟我们讲刚才到底发生什么事了!夫人?
-Bree: Then he raised the gun and came toward us.
raise:举起
他举起枪,冲我们走过来,
Thank god Katherine grabbed his arm and got the gun away.
thank god:谢天谢地,幸亏 grab:抓住
幸亏Katherine跟他肉搏抢走了枪,
That lunatic would've killed us all.
lunatic:疯子
不然那疯子会杀了我们的。
-Susan: I knew Wayne was the reason she moved away,
move away: 搬走
我知道是因为Wayne她才搬走的,
And the second she moved back, he started stalking her again.
stalk:跟踪
她刚搬回来,他就又开始跟踪她了,
-Gabrielle: She was always telling us how terrified she was.
terrified:恐惧的
她一直告诉我们她有多害怕,
-Lynette: We always knew he'd do something like this eventually, and he did.
eventually:终于,最后
我们知道他早晚会这么做的,他真做了。
-Romslo: Look...This was obviously self-defense.
obviously:显然地 self-defense:自卫
听着...很明显这是正当防卫。
Take the cuffs off, get her to the hospital.
cuff:袖口,手铐
打开手铐,送她去医院。
-Dylan: Mom? Mom! I'm so sorry, Mom.
妈妈?妈妈!对不起,妈妈。
-Mary Alice: There's a ritual my friends have observed for years.
ritual:仪式,惯例 observe:保持
这个老规矩,我的朋友们履行了好多年,
Once a week, they meet to play a game of cards and talk about their lives.
每周一次,他们一起打打扑克,话话家常,
Of course, there's another aspect to these gatherings
aspect:方面 gathering:集会
当然,这些聚会的另一目的,
That has nothing to do with gossip or poker.
gossip:闲聊 poker:扑克
跟八卦和扑克没有任何关系,
Every seven days, my friends are reminded of a basic human truth...
remind:提醒 basic:基本的 human: 人类的
每次聚会都让大家对一个真理,更加牢记于心...
There is nothing more important than friendships that endure, especially in a world that insists on changing.
friendship:友谊 endure:持续,持久 especially:特别,尤其 insist:坚持
没有什么比永久的友谊更重要,特别在一个不停变化的世界里。
-Gabrielle: Okay, my friends are gone. I'm ready to fix you dinner.
fix:准备
好了,我的朋友们走了,该给你做饭了。
What the hell are you doing?!
the hell:到底,究竟
你干什么呢?!
-Juanita: Mommy, we’re playing fashion model!
fashion:时尚 model:模特
妈妈,我们在扮时装模特!
-Gabrielle: Look at this mess! You are lucky I got in here before you touched my dresses!
mess:乱七八糟 touch:触,碰 dress:连衣裙
看这一团糟!算你走运,没碰我的裙子!
-Juanita: Run, Celia, run!
Celia 快跑!
-Gabrielle: My Vera Wang?!
Vera Wang:王薇薇,知名华裔设计师
我的Vera Wang?!
-Bree: I'm home!
我回来了!
-Andrew: Oh, thank god. The publisher sent over the galley for the cookbook.
publisher:出版者 galley:排版毛坯 cookbook:烹饪书
谢天谢地!出版商寄来了你的美食书的样本,
He needs you to proof them tonight.
proof:校对 tonight:今晚
他要你今晚校对,
I've also got the woman from "The New York Times" on the phone. She wants to do the interview now.
interview:采访
有个"纽约时报"的女的给你打电话,说想现在采访你!
-Orson: Is that you, Bree? The water's getting cold.
是你吗 Bree? 水快凉了!
-Bree: Leave the galleys in my office and tell the woman from "The Times" to call me back in the morning.
把样本放我办公室,让那个"时报"的女的明早给我打电话,
I'm going to have a nice bubble bath with my husband. Coming, Orson!
bubble:泡沫 bath:洗澡
我要跟我老公洗个美美的泡泡浴。来了,Orson!
-Lynette: Why is there a police car in our driveway?
driveway:车道
我们家门口怎么有辆警车?
-Cop: I was telling your husband we just picked up your son.
pick up:拾起,拘留,逮捕
我来告诉你老公,我们逮捕了你的儿子。
He broke into a car at the mall and took it for a joyride.
break into:闯入 mall:购物商场 joyride:驾车游玩,兜风
他在商场附近撬了一辆车,拿来兜风。
-Lynette: Again? I am so sorry, officer.
officer:官员
又来? 实在对不起,长官。
We have talked to Porter till we're blue in the face.
blue in the face:脸上发紫(恼怒)
我们跟Porter谈到脸都绿了,
It's like he's determined to go back to juvenile hall.
determine:决定,决心要 juvenile:青少年的 hall:大厅
貌似他决定回到少管所了。
-Tom: Honey, it wasn't Porter this time. They arrested Preston.
arrest:逮捕
甜心,这次不是Porter,他们抓了Preston。
-Dylan: It's me, mom. I'm back from Paris. It was just as gorgeous as you said it would be,
gorgeous:华丽的,灿烂的
是我,妈妈,我从巴黎回来了。那儿就像你说的一样美。
And you're not going to believe this. Bradley finally asked me to marry him
marry:与…结婚
你一定不相信,Bradley终于向我求婚了,
Right there under the Eiffel Tower.
Eiffel:埃菲尔 tower:塔,高楼
就在埃菲尔铁塔下面,
I'm so happy. Call me back.
我太高兴了,给我回电。
-Susan: Honey? I'm home. Did you miss me?
甜心? 我回家了。想我了吗?
-Jackson: You know I did.
你说呢!
词汇解析:Felicity 校对:Cici



评 论


