看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第五季 14集:Mama Spent Money When She Had None
Previously on...
欲乱绝情妻,前情提要
-Police: Porter scavo, you are under arrest.
under arrest: 被捕
Porter Scavo 你被捕了。
-Tom: What? Porter had nothing to do with that fire.
have nothing to do with: 和…没有关系
什么?Porter跟火灾没关系!
-Police: Apparently there is a witness that says otherwise.
apparently: 明显地 witness: 目击证人 otherwise: 不同地
我们的目击证人可不这么认为哦。
-Lynette: A witness?
目击证人?
What are they talking about?
他们在说什么?
-Katherine: I got the flowers.
花儿我收到了。
-Gabrielle: Mommy needs to lose a few pounds.
lose: 减去 pound: 磅
妈咪得开始减肥了。
You wanna help mommy be beautiful again?
beautiful: 美丽的
你们想帮妈妈重获青春吗?
-Juanita:No.
不。
-Bree: Here's my cookbook.
cookbook: 烹饪书
这是我的烹饪书。
-Orson: You can be a little tough sometimes.
tough: 强硬的
你有时太强硬了。
It's only to be expected.
expect: 预期
这也在情理之中。
-Bree: I don't think I do that.
我可不这么认为。
-Orson: I know you don't.
我知道你不这么认为。
-Lynette: Hey you go, Walter. She's all yours.
这儿 Walter 她是你的了。
-Walter: This is so awesome! Where's tom?
awesome: 了不起的
帅呆了,Tom人呢?
I wanna thank him for making this the greatest day of my life.
我得感谢他赐予我这生命中最美的一天。
-Lynette: He's inside, but between sobs, he wished you happy driving.
inside: 里面的 sob: 哭泣
他在里面偷着哭呢,祝你开的愉快。
-Katherine: Where is that man going with tom's car?
那家伙开着Tom的车去哪儿?
-Lynette: Oh, that man is Walter brotski, and he just bought it.
那是Walter Brotski 车被他买下了。
-Katherine: Tom loves that car. Why would you sell it?
那车就是Tom的命啊为什么要卖掉?
-Lynette: Sadly, we can no longer afford tom's midlife crisis.
no longer: 不再 afford: 供应得起 midlife crisis: 中年危机
很遗憾,Tom的中年危机花费太大了。
Okay, here’s the deal. We're... Sort of broke.
deal: 交易 sort of: 有几分的
好吧,我承认我们快破产了。
-Katherine: Lynette.
Lynette。
-Lynette: Between porter's legal fees and that ghost town that we call a restaurant...
legal fee: 诉讼费 ghost:鬼 restaurant: 餐馆
因为Porter的诉讼费还有那个倒霉的餐馆...
I thought scavo's was doing well.
那餐馆不是挺好的嘛。
When times get tough, people do without things like pizza and sports cars.
tough: 艰难的 pizza: 披萨
经济危机使人们忘记了批萨和跑车。
-Katherine: I am so sorry. I had no idea.
have no idea: 不清楚
不好意思,不知道你们这么困难。
-Lynette: It's okay. Just keep it under your hat. It's a little embarrassing.
keep it under your hat: 把它放在帽子下【保密】[This is important , so please keep it under your hat] embarrassing: 令人尴尬的
没事,别说出去就好,挺丢人的。
-Katherine: You should not be embarrassed. This is a horrible economy. We're all in the same boat.
horrible: 令人讨厌的
没什么好丢人的大家都被经济危机害惨了。
-Bree: Hello, ladies. What do you think?
嗨,姑娘们,觉得怎么样?
-Katherine: You bought a new car?
买新车了?
-Bree: My book just made the “times'“best seller list.
times: 时代周刊 best seller: 畅销书
我的书上了时代周刊的畅销书单。
Now they're talking 3 book deal, so I got the urge to splurge.
deal: 交易 urge to: 激励 splurge: 挥霍
他们想跟我签三部书的约所以我就奢侈了一下。
And look what just blew on my windshield at the stop sign!
blow: 吹 windshield: 挡风玻璃 stop sign: 停车标志
而且停车时这玩意刮到我的挡风玻璃上了!
Life is good.
生活真美妙啊。
-Bree: So how do you like my new car?
你们觉得我的新车怎么样?
-Edie: It's gorgeous!
gorgeous: 好极了
棒极了。
-Katherine: I am so jealous.
jealous: 嫉妒的
我都嫉妒死了。
-Gabrielle: I wish I had one.
恨不得自己也能有一辆。
-Bree: Look, there’ even a refrigerator.
refrigerator: 冰箱
看哪,这儿还有个冰箱。
The Lexus dealer said there's just enough room for a split of champagne and two chilled glasses.
dealer: 商人 split: <口>一份 champagne: 香槟
雷克萨斯车商告诉我足够放一瓶香槟和两只杯子。
And the best thing is it's a hybrid so you can barely hear it.
hybrid: 混合的 barely: 几乎不
最棒的是,它还是混合动力的完全无噪声。
Let me show you.
让我来秀一下。
-Lynette: Actually, I have to go to work.
事实上,我还有事儿。
But congratulations, Bree. It's a beauty.
congratulations: 祝贺 beauty: 美的东西
但恭喜你,Bree。这是个美人儿。
-Bree: Was it just me, or was that a little abrupt?
abrupt: 唐突的
是我太敏感,还是她太不礼貌?
-Katherine: Eh, don't take it personally. I think she's got other things on her mind.
take it personally: 往心里去
别介意,她估计有心事。
-Bree: Oh, dear. Is something wrong?
怎么了?
-Katherine: Well... Apparently, she and tom are having financial problems.
apparently: 显然 financial: 财政的
事实上,她和Tom经济上有点紧张。
They just had to sell tom's car.
刚刚把Tom的车卖了。
-Edie: And you know, I saw her at the recycling center.
recycling center: 废品回收中心
我还看到她去了废品回收中心。
She was turning her cans in for money.
turn in: 折价贴换;交换 can: 罐头
把空罐子卖了换钱。
-Gabrielle: Yikes. That’s like, a half a step away from selling your eggs on the internet.
egg: 卵子 internet: 网络
就差没在网上卖卵子了。
-Bree: And here I am rubbing my fabulous new car in her face.
rub: 擦亮 fabulous: 极好的
我居然还在她面前炫耀新车。
I feel awful.
awful: 可怕的
我真不好意思。
-Edie: Oh, don't. How could you have known?
没关系,不知者无罪嘛。
-Bree: Thank god I didn't show her how the car parks itself.
park: 停车
幸好我还没向她展示这车的自动停车功能
-Katherine: But you're gonna show us, right?
但你会给我们看的,对吧?
-Bree: Well, it is pretty amazing!
pretty: 相当的 amazing: 惊人的
这功能帅呆了。
-Mr. Hobson: Well, it’s nice to see you again, Mrs. Mayer.
Mayer女士,再次见到你很高兴。
-Susan: Thank you for agreeing to see us, Mr. Hobson.
agree to do: 同意做某事
感谢你同意见我们,Hobson先生。
Running a school like oakridge mustn't leave you with much...
run: 经营;管理
管理像橡树山这样一个学校...
Free time.
free: 自由的
一定很忙吧。
-Mr. Hobson: Happy to oblige.
oblige: 帮助;给予方便
竭诚为您服务。
-Susan: So I heard through the grapevine that there might be an opening for another student?
grapevine: <美俚>传闻;小道消息
听消息说,是不是还有一个新生的名额?
-Mr. Hobson: I assume you're referring to the Henderson boy's expulsion?
assume: 设想 refer to: 指 expulsion: 开除
你是不是指Henderson家孩子被开除的事?
-Susan: Yeah. He bit his teacher, huh?
bit: 咬
对,他咬老师,是吧?
They had that problem with their older boy, Toby.
他们的大儿子Toby也这样。
It's a family of biters.
一家子吸血鬼。
-Mr. Hobson: Well, the whole situation was incredibly unfortunate. But...
incredibly: 难以置信地 unfortunate: 不幸的
我们也不想这样...
We can't tolerate that kind of behavior.
tolerate: 忍受 behavior: 行为
但是这种行为是无法容忍的。
-Susan: Well, you wouldn't have to worry about it with M.J.
worry about: 担心
我们家的MJ就不会这样。
He's so well behaved.
well behaved: 行为端正的
他很有教养的。
-Mr. Hobson: Look, I know how much you want your son at oakridge.
我知道你非常想把儿子送到橡树山。
You've called us every week for the past five months.
过去五个月来,每周一个电话。
-Susan: I've been too pushy.
pushy: 强求的
我是不是太烦人了。
Oh, please don't take it out on M.J. He is such a bright kid.
take it out on: 向…出气 bright: 聪明的
请别怪罪MJ 他可聪明了。
Say something in Spanish.
Spanish: 西班牙语
来句西班牙语。
-MJ: I'm bored.
bored: 无聊的
无聊死了。
-Susan: Be bored in Spanish.
用西班牙语说。
-Mr. Hobson: Mrs. Mayer, you can relax.
Mayer女士,放轻松。
We would love to have Mr. Join us here.
我们很高兴MJ来鄙校上学。
-Susan: Seriously?
seriously: 严肃地
真的吗?
-Mr. Hobson: Yes. As a matter of fact, his name was first on our waiting list.
as a matter of fact: 事实上 waiting list: 等候批准的申请人名单
对,事实上,他在候选名单上排第一名。
-Susan: Fantastic!
太好了。
-Mr. Hobson: Here's a schedule for you.
schedule: 课程表
这是课程表。
Here are some insurance forms you need to fill out.
insurance form: 保险单 insurance: 保险 fill out: 填写
一些需要填写的保险表单。
And here's the tuition. As you can see, it's gone up a tad.
tuition: 学费 tad: <美口>小量;些许
然后这是学费,可能有点高。
-Susan: Yeah. That's quite a tad.
确实挺高。
But we're starting in the middle of the year, so we'd only pay half, right?
但是我们过了半年才入学是不是可以只交一半?
-Mr. Hobson: Yes. We've already prorated it. That is half.
prorate: 分配
对,我们改过了,这就是一半的钱。
-Susan: Fantastic.
太好了。
-Carlos: Hey, I just thought of a way for us to celebrate our anniversary next week.
celebrate: 庆祝 anniversary: 周年纪念日
我想到了下周的结婚纪念日怎么过了.
What do you think about dinner at the palm?
palm: 棕榈树
去棕榈餐厅共进晚餐如何?
-Gabrielle: The palm?
棕榈餐厅?
As in, “they don't even show the prices on the menu” the palm?
menu: 菜单
那个菜单上不写价格的棕榈餐厅?
Honey, we're still paying off credit card debt.
honey: 亲爱的 pay off: 还清 credit card: 信用卡 credit: 信用 debt: 债务
亲爱的,我们的信用卡账单还没还清呢。
-Carlos: Not anymore.
已经还清了。
The deal closed. I got the bonus.
bonus: 奖金
刚做了笔生意,奖金丰厚。
-Gabrielle: Oh, my god! That's great!
上帝啊,太好了。
Oh, why didn't you tell me this when you were begging for sex this morning?
beg for: 请求;乞求 sex: 做爱
早晨向我求欢的时候你干嘛不提这事?
You would've closed that deal, too.
不然我也会给你”奖金”的。
We're rich again! Hallelujah!
Hallelujah:(赞美上帝用语)哈利路亚
我们又有钱啦,哈利路亚。
-Carlos: Well, we are not “lighting cigars with $5 bills” rich, but we are headed in the right direction.
cigar: 雪茄烟 direction: 方向
我们还没富到用钞票点烟但是一切都在好起来。
-Gabrielle: Honey, we’re gonna be us again the old Carlos and Gaby.
亲爱的,过去的Carlos和Gaby又回来啦。
You know what? I'm gonna wear my dress from the night you proposed.
propose: 求(婚)
我打算穿你求婚那天的衣服赴宴。
-Carlos: You still fit in that?
fit in: 适合
还能穿上吗?
We're rich again! Hallelujah!
我们又有钱啦,哈利路亚。
-Gabrielle: Have you not noticed me working my butt off?
butt: 臀部
难道你没注意到我在瘦臀吗?
I'm almost back to the weight I was when we got married!
back to: 回到
我已经和结婚时差不多重了。
-Carlos: All I meant was...
我只是说...
You don't have to wear an old dress. I will buy you a new one.
你没必要穿旧的了,我给你买件新的。
-Gabrielle: No, no. This'll be way more romantic.
romantic: 浪漫的
不不,这样会更浪漫。
I'm one good colonic away from being the old me!
colonic: 结肠的
为了回到过去的身材我不惜把肠子打结。
-Carlos: I'll call the restaurant.
restaurant: 餐厅
我去订座位哦。
They can write that on the cake.
他们可以把这写在蛋糕上。
-Bob: Sorry. I know how much you loved that car.
真可惜,我知道你有多喜欢那车。
-Tom: This is all I have to remember her by.
我只能通过这样来怀念它了。
I called her “foxy.” You wanna know why?
foxy: 小狐狸
我叫它小狐狸想知道为什么吗?
-Lee: No.
不想。
-Dave: Tom.
Tom。
I just heard. You sold the car?
刚听说,你把车卖了?
-Tom: Yeah. Well, we needed the money. The restaurant is dying.
dying: 垂死的
是的,我们需要钱,餐馆快倒闭了。
Apparently, people don't wanna buy their pizza from parents of an alleged arsonist.
alleged: 涉嫌的 arsonist: 纵火犯
显然人们不愿意买纵火犯父母做的批萨。
-Dave: Yeah, but porter didn't do it.
但不是Porter干的啊。
-Tom: Well, maybe people till think that he's guilty, or maybe it's the economy.
guilty: 有罪的 economy: 经济
大概人们还是不肯原谅他或者只是经济危机在作祟。
Or maybe it's both. I don't know.
也许两方面原因都有,我也不清楚。
All I know is, I am driving a “dad car” while some other guy is out rolling with foxy.
roll: 行驶
我只知道,当我在开小破车的时候有人正开着我的小狐狸在兜风。
-Dave: Oh, buddy. I'm so sorry.
buddy: 伙计
噢,伙计,真不好意思。
I wish there was something I could do.
希望我能帮上什么忙。
-Bob: We should get going.
我们得走了。
But if we can help in any way, um, let us know. Okay?
如果有能帮得上忙的,就叫我们好吗?
-Tom: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Lee: Okay, what just happened back there?
到底怎么回事?
-Bob: Nothing.
没什么。
-Lee: Oh, yeah. Like that's gonna work.
别骗我了。
Why can't you ever remember who you're dealing with?
deal with: 对付
你还不清楚我是个什么人吗?
Bob? Bob? Bob? Bob I can keep this up all day. Bob?
Bob? Bob? Bob? Bob不说我就一直这样烦你 Bob?
-Bob: Fine.
好吧。
The day the case against porter was dismissed,
dismiss: 解散
对Porter的诉讼撤销那天。
I was going over the discovery materials that the d.a. sent me.
go over: 仔细检查 discovery: 发现 material: 材料 D.A.: <缩写>地方检察官
我去看了看检察官给我的材料。
-Lee: Okay? So?
然后呢?
-Bob: The witness, who put porter in the storage room at the club,
witness: 目击者 storage room: 储藏室 storage: 储藏
那个看见Porter在夜店储藏室的目击者。
The only one linking him directly to the arson
link to: 把…联系起来 directly: 直接地 arson: 纵火罪
那个唯一让他成为纵火嫌疑人的人。
Tom's helpful buddy there Dave Williams.
helpful: 助人的
就是Tom的好朋友 Dave Williams。
-Lee: What?
什么?
-Bob: Yeah.
是的。
Porter wasn't even in the building.
building: 建筑物
Porter当时根本没进去。
What the hell is Dave doing?
Dave到底搞什么鬼?
-Lee: I don't know, but we have to tell tom and Lynette.
不清楚,但我们得告诉Tom和Lynette。
-Bob: No, that’ll just get ugly.
ugly: 难看的
不,那会把事情搞得更糟的。
-Lee: I'm okay with that.
我不在乎。
-Bob: Lee, the charges have been dropped.
charge: 诉讼 drop: 撤销
Lee 诉讼已经撤销。
It's no longer our business.
no longer: 不再
不关我们的事了。
Besides, there’s something about that Dave guy that scares me.
scare: 惊吓
另外,那个Dave有点让我害怕。
-Gabrielle: Oh, I don't get it!
真搞不懂。
I'm only a few pounds away from my runway weight.
pound: 磅 runway: (在T台上做的)时装展示
我只比最佳体重时重几磅啊。
-Jean: You want me to let it out?
let out: 放出
要我帮你改大一点吗?
-Gabrielle: That would be cheating.
cheating: 欺骗
那就是自欺欺人了。
I'm gonna try to go pee again.
pee: 小便
我再去尿一下试试。
-Jean: It's okay. You've had two children. The weight redistributes.
redistribute: 再分配
没事的,你生了两个孩子体重已经重新分配了。
Give in to it! I did.
别纠结了,像我一样看开点。
-Gabrielle: Jean, you didn't just give in to it. You slapped a piece of cheese on it.
slap: 拍击 cheese:奶酪
Jean 你心里是看开了身体也膨胀开了。
Yeah, I said it. Now just fix the hem.
fix: 整理 hem: 下摆
对,是我说的,帮我整整下摆。
And this time, try not to leave the edges frayed.
edge: 边 fray: 磨损
别把裙边弄破了。
Hey, Edie! Wait up!
wait up: 等等
嗨,Edie 等等。
Now don't forget the clasp is broken.
clasp: 扣环
别忘了,扣环坏了。
-Jean: Oh, I’ll replace it.
replace: 替换
我会帮你换一个的。
It may not match exactly.
match: 匹配
也许不是很匹配
But, um, your hair will cover it.
cover: 挡住
但你的头发能把它挡住的。
-Gabrielle: Jean, Carlos is taking me to the palm, not out for hoagies.
hoagies: 大型三明治
Carlos是要带我去棕榈餐厅又不是快餐店。
Make it perfect.
perfect: 完美的
给我整好点儿。
-Edie: I see jean is back.
Jean回来了啊。
-Gabrielle: Ah, yeah. Times are good.
对,时来运转了。
-Edie: Not for her.
不是对她而言。
-Gabrielle: Hey, Mrs. Mccluskey said something about you losing 5 pounds in one day.
Mccluskey太太说你一天瘦了5磅。
How'd you do that?
怎么做到的?
-Edie: I got drunk on bourbon and threw up all over her lawn.
drunk: 喝醉了的 bourbon: 波旁酒(一种威士忌)throw up: 呕吐 lawn: 草坪
我喝波旁酒喝得烂醉然后全吐在了她的草坪上。
-Gabrielle: No, not that story. Something about a boot camp.
boot: 靴子 camp: 训练营
不是那个,是不是有个训练营什么的
-Edie: Oh, ye. Just started. Very military, very intense.
military: 军事化的 intense: 紧张的
是的,刚刚开营军事化管理,高强度。
-Gabrielle: That's perfect. I'm trying to fit in an old dress. I need intense.
太棒了,我想重现昔日身段要的就是高强度。
-Edie: Forget it. You can't get in without a recommendation, and I’m not recommending you.
recommendation: 推荐
还是算了吧,没人推荐就进不去我可不当你的推荐人。
-Gabrielle: Why not?
为什么?
-Edie: Because you'd embarrass me.
embarrass: 使…窘困
因为你会丢我的脸。
This is real exercise.
这个训练可是动真格的。
It's not the lotus position followed by a mocha latte.
lotus position: (佛教)莲花坐(一种盘腿坐姿) lotus: 荷花 mocha latte: 摩卡拿铁
不是喝杯摩卡咖啡,然后打坐那么简单。
-Gabrielle: Oh, you're just afraid I’m gonna look better than you!
哼,你无非是怕我练出来比你好看!
-Edie: 6:00 a.m., the park. Prepare to die.
prepare to do: 准备做某事 die: 死亡
明早6点,公园见,准备下地狱吧。
-Mike: Jeez. This is the tuition?
tuition: 学费
天啊,这是学费?
We're gonna blow his college fund on first grade.
blow on: 把钱花在…上 college: 大学
才一年级就要花光念大学的钱。
-Susan: I know, I know.
我知道。
We may have to give up a few luxuries.
give up: 放弃 luxury: 奢侈品
我们要舍掉一些奢侈品。
-Mike: Yeah, like food and heat.
比如说食物和暖气。
-Susan: Okay, you know the problems they're having at his school.
你知道的学校也有难处
And now with all the budget cutbacks...
budget: 预算 cutbacks: 减少
现在该减免的都免了。
I mean, this place is fabulous.
况且这所学校真的不错。
-Mike: Yeah, I’m not saying it's not. I'd kill to send him there.
我没说不行我巴不得送他去那儿上学。
But I just can't swing it.
swing: <美口>成功地处理
但我真负担不起。
-Susan: Well, we’ve gotta do something.
但我们必须做点什么。
My editor just quit, and my books are not exactly flying off the shelves.
editor: 编辑 quit: 辞职 shelf: 架子
我的编辑辞职了但我的书却还没有上架。
Could you pick up some extra shifts?
pick up: 拾起 extra: 额外的 shift: 接班
你能多换点班做吗?
-Mike: Oh, yeah, I will...
可以啊。
As soon as they create a 30 hour day.
只要一天有30个小时就行。
I'm working around the clock.
around the clock: 连续24小时的
我一直没日没夜的干。
-Susan: What about that big job you just did for the last three months?
你这三个月都在赶工的那个活儿呢?
What did you do with that money?
你怎么用那笔钱?
-Mike: Susan, we're not married anymore.
not any more: 不再
Susan 我们都离婚了。
And what I do with my money is none of your business.
none of your business: 与你无关
我的钱怎么用不关你的事。
-Susan: Yeah, well, if we were still married, you'd...
没错,要是我们没离婚,你...
Probably would've waited until I finished my sentence.
finish: 结束
也许至少会听我把话说完。
-Lynette: What's this?
什么东西?
-Bree: A check. I understand you and tom are going through some rough times.
check: 支票 go through: 经历 rough: 粗糙的
支票,我知道你和Tom这阵子不好过。
-Lynette: No.
不是吧。
Thank you, but I can't accept this.
accept: 接受
谢谢,但我不能收。
However, I would like to know how much I’m not accepting.
但我还是想知道我拒绝了多少钱。
$20,000?
2万美元?
How many cookbooks are you selling, woman?
你卖了多少烹饪书啊,女人?
-Bree: We just went to a second printing, and now they're talking a 3book deal.
printing: 印刷
书已经第二次印刷了而且现在我们还在谈3本书的合约
So seriously, I am not gonna miss that money.
seriously: 认真地
所以负责任的说,我不缺这点钱。
-Lynette: That must be nice. But...
你真的太好了,但...
I can't accept it.
这钱我不能收。
-Bree: Why not?
为什么呢?
What's the point of success if you can't share it with the people you love?
share with: 与…分享
如果不能和自己关心的人分享成功还有什么意义呢?
-Lynette: Because the people that you love may not be able to pay you back, and then you stop loving them.
pay back: 偿还
因为你关心的人可能没能力还你钱然后你就会不再关心他们了。
-Bree: Then it's not a loan, it's a gift.
loan: 贷款 gift: 礼物
那这钱就不借了,就当是一份大礼吧。
Don't you have a birthday coming up?
你不是快过生日了吗?
-Lynette: And so do you.
你的生日也快了啊。
And I’m gonna feel real crappy when you unwrap your lavender bath beads.
crappy: 没价值的 unwrap: 打开 lavender: 薰衣草 bath bead: 浴珠
到时候只能送你薰衣草浴珠我会难过的。
-Bree: Come on, Lynette. You can't tell me this money won't take the pressure off.
come on: 别胡扯 take off: 减轻 pressure: 压力
别说了 Lynette。别说这笔钱不会减轻你家的负担啊。
-Lynette: It would. But I can't.
的确会减轻,但我真不能收。
I wouldn't want it to affect our friendship.
affect: 影响 friendship: 友谊
我不想这钱影响我俩的友谊。
-Bree: Okay.
好吧。
-Lynette: Although...
但是...
How would you like to own a piece of an Italian restaurant?
Italian: 意大利的
你觉得买下一间意大利餐厅的一部分怎么样?
-Bree: What?
什么?
-Lynette: It wouldn't be a loan or a gift. It would be...
这笔钱不会是贷款或者礼物,会是...
An investment that would buy you, say...
investment: 投资
一项投资。
15% of scavo's.
能买Scavo批萨店15%的股份。
-Bree: Well, that's an intriguing offer.
intriguing: 诱人的
这个提议还挺诱人的。
-Lynette: If we do well, you get a cut of the profits.
profit: 利润
要是我们赚了,你就能分红。
If we go belly-up, we liquidate, and you get the first $20,000.
belly-up: 失败的 liquidate: 清算;破产
要是我们赔了,我们砸锅卖铁也先把你的2万美金还了。
And then, of course, my family moves in with you.
of course: 当然
当然之后我家就搬到你家去住了。
-Bree: So...
那么...
-Lynette: Do we have a deal?
就这么说定了?
-Bree: We most certainly do... Partner.
certainly: 当然 partner: 合伙人
完全没问题... 合伙人。
-Trainer: Some people think it's strange I have a contract for my exercise class.
strange: 奇怪的 contract: 合同
有人会觉得我跟学员签合同很奇怪。
But I want people to understand the commitment I expect from them.
commitment: 承诺
但我要大家明白我期望大家兑现承诺。
I found in the past
过去我发现...
-Gabrielle: Here you go. All signed.
sign: 签
行了,都签好了。
-Trainer: You didn't even read it.
合同你连读都没读。
-Gabrielle: Oh, no need. I'm up for anything.
不需要,我什么苦都能吃。
Although I did just get a manicure, so nothing that might chip a nail.
manicure: 修指甲 chip: 削 nail: 指甲
但我刚修了指甲所以凡是要削指甲的都不行。
-Trainer: Mrs. Solis...
Solis太太。
Let me tell you what I learn in the Israeli army.
Israeli: 以色列
让我告诉你我在以色列军队里学到了什么。
A group without commitment is a group that will fail.
fail: 失败
没有承诺的队伍必败无疑。
The women in my morning class are committed.
我早班里的女学员都是发了誓的。
I am starting to think that you are not tough enough.
tough: 吃苦耐劳的
我觉得你还不够坚强。
-Gabrielle: Not tough enough?
不够坚强?
Let me tell you something, Mr. Iraqi army guy.
Iraqi: 伊拉克
我跟你说,伊拉克大兵。
-Trainer: Israeli.
是以色列。
-Gabrielle: Whatever.
whatever: 不管什么
管他呢。
I used to be a model, and you don't know what war is
我曾是一名模特不和一群只穿零号码衣服...
Until you've been in a dressing room with a bunch of size zeroes reaching for the last rice cake.
bunch: 群
只吃最后一块糕点的姑娘们同处一室你不会知道什么是战争。
I am plenty tough.
plenty: 相当的
我够坚强的了。
-Trainer: I'm not so sure.
那可不一定。
-Gabrielle: Hey, I know some of those women in your exercise class.
我认识你训练班的女学员。
The most exercise they ever get is cutting a piece of cake.
她们的训练无非是切蛋糕这么简单。
-Trainer: That's a lap!
lap: 一周
罚跑一圈!
-Gabrielle: Excuse me?
什么?
-Trainer: In the contract.
contract: 合同
合同里写了的。
There are certain words I do not tolerate
tolerate: 忍受
某些词是我不能容忍的。
“cake,” “tired,” “can't,” “doughnut.”
doughnut: 甜甜圈
“蛋糕”“累”“做不到”“油炸圈”。
If I hear them, you owe me a lap.
own: 欠
要是让我听见了,罚跑一圈。
-Gabrielle: It's an exercise class. Why would anyone say “doughnut”?
既然是训练班为什么会有人说”油炸圈”呢?
-Trainer: That's another lap!
再罚一圈!
-Gabrielle: You know, maybe I should give this a little gander.
give a gander: <俚>【瞅一眼】[Take a gander at this wierd machine over here.] gander: 闲逛
我觉得还是看看这合同吧。
-Trainer: Come on, ladies.
come on: 加油
加油啊女士们
When I was in the Special Forces, we would do sit-ups in 115 degree weather.
Special Forces: 特种部队 force: 军队 sit-up: 仰卧起坐
我在特种部队时在华氏115度的高温里做仰卧起坐。
I still have sand in my ass.
sand: 沙子 ass: 屁股
仍然照做不误。
You people are weak! Let's go! Let's go!
weak: 弱的
你们这些人太弱了! 快点!快点!
-Edie: Gaby, knock it off. You're gonna get us all in trouble.
knock it off: 停止做 in trouble: 有麻烦
Gaby 别那样! 你会连累我们的
-Gabrielle: It's hard.
太难了。
-Edie: Of course it is. That's why it's called boot camp.
废话,不然能叫新兵训练营吗。
-Mona: Just hang in there, Gaby. We all went through it.
hang in: 坚持 go through: 通过
Gaby 坚持啊,我们都挺过来。了
-Gabrielle: Shut up, Mona. I'm puking air.
shut up: 闭嘴 puke: 呕吐
闭嘴 Mona,没看见我在干呕吗。
-Mona: He's coming. Get crunching.
他过来了,快做。
crunch: 仰卧起坐
-Trainer: Did I hear talking?
我好像听见谁聊天了?
-Edie: Sorry, sir! She got a little nauseous.
nauseous: 恶心的
抱歉,长官! 她有点恶心。
-Trainer: I don't give a rat's ass what your problem is. You retch on your own time.
give a rat's ass: 在乎 retch: 反胃
我不管你有什么麻烦,呕死拉倒。
-Gabrielle: Okay. We need to talk.
好吧,我们得谈谈。
-Edie: Gaby, no.
Gaby 躺下。
-Trainer: What the hell are you doing?
你到底想干什么?
Get your butt back down!
butt: 臀
给我躺下!
-Gabrielle: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Timeout.
timeout: 暂停
好吧,暂停。
-Trainer: Timeout?
暂停?
-Gabrielle: Look, I appreciate this whole military commando act,
appreciate: 感激 military: 军事 commando: 突击队
听着,我很感谢你军事表演这么逼真。
But I’m new at this, and frankly, this is a bit much.
frankly: 坦白地
但我是新来的,老实说,这有点过了。
-Trainer: A bit much?
有点过了?
-Gabrielle: Yeah.
没错。
Are we gonna get a break soon?
break: 休息
我们马上就能休息了吗?
-Trainer: Oh, we want a break.
想休息啊。
Like maybe some coffee, some pastry?
pastry: 油酥点心
来杯咖啡或者糕点什么的?
-Gabrielle: Oh, that sounds so yummy. You got any?
yummy: 可口的
听起来就流口水,你准备了?
-Trainer: No, I don't get any! Now get down or I’m gonna put you down!
put down: 撂倒
我没有! 现在给我躺下不然我亲自放倒你!
-Gabrielle: I said timeout!
我说了暂停了!
-Trainer: There is no timeout! You signed a contract! Now get down!
timeout: 暂停
没有暂停! 你签了合同了! 躺下!
-Gabrielle: Don't take that tone with me. I am paying.
tone: 声调
别跟我大小声,我付了钱的。
-Trainer: Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it! Do it!
给我做!给我做!
Who brought her here?
谁让她来这儿的?
-Edie: That would be me! Sorry, sir!
是我! 抱歉长官!
-Trainer: Because of Edie, our 2mile run is now 4 miles!
都因为Edie 2英里跑改成4英里!
-Lee: Oh, my god. Look at those.
天啊,看看。
-Susan: What's going on?
怎么了?
-Lee: Oh, Susan, you gotta check these out.
check out: 来看看
Susan 你必须过来看看。
-Katherine: Oh, please don't make a fuss.
make a fuss: 小题大做
别那么张扬。
-Lee: They're magnificent. Susan, look at them.
magnificent: 华丽的
太漂亮了,Susan 你看。
-Susan: Uh, what am I looking at exactly?
到底要我看什么呢?
-Lee: The pearls.
pearl: 珍珠
珍珠项链啊。
-Susan: Oh, those. Oh, they're stunning.
stunning: 极好的
噢,项链啊,光彩夺目啊。
-Katherine: Thank you.
谢谢。
Well, I have a big bar mitzvah to prep. See you.
bar mitzvah: 成年礼 mitzvah: 德行 see you: 再见
我还有个成人礼宴会要准备,回头见。
-Lee: She's so lucky. Mike is such a great guy.
她命真好 Mike真是个好男人。
-Susan: What? Mike bought those? He bought her pearls?
什么? Mike买的?他给她买的珍珠项链?
-Lee: He's a keeper.
keeper: (诺言等)遵守者
他多专一啊。
Oh, that's right. You didn't keep him, did you?
噢对了,你没能留住他,对吧?
-Bree: Lynette, I. Oh, I wish I had time for a chat, but I’m on my way to a meeting.
chat: 聊天 on my way: 行动中
嗨 Lynette。我没时间跟你聊了我要去开会了。
I might design my own line of bakeware. Can you imagine?
bakeware: 烤盘 imagine: 想象
也许我能设计我自己的烤盘你能想象吗?
-Lynette: This will just take a sec.
sec: =second秒
就一会儿时间。
-Bree: Okay.
好吧。
-Lynette: Tom and I are so grateful for your investment that we want to do something special for you.
Tom和我非常感谢你的投资因此我们想特别为你做点什么。
-Bree: Oh, that sounds lovely.
太好了。
-Lynette: We'd like to shut scavo's down for the night and throw a party in your honor.
shut down: 关闭 in one’s honor: 向…表示敬意 honor: 尊敬
我们想批萨店用一个晚上不营业为你举行一个派对。
Just family and friends.
就家人和朋友。
We'd toast your success and have a night of fun, just like old times.
toast: 祝酒
我们会庆祝你的成功加盟就像以前那样,玩一个晚上。
What do you say?
你觉得怎么样?
-Bree: Oh, that sounds nice. Can we walk and talk?
听起来不错啊我们边走边说行吗?
-Lynette: Yeah, yeah.
好的。
-Bree: You know what might be even better?
知道怎么做更好吗?
My publisher has been begging me to do a local launch for my book.
publisher: 出版商 beg: 乞求 local launch: 本地启动 local: 当地的 launch: 开始
我的出版商拜托我为书做一个本地首发会。
I could do a signing at your restaurant and finally fill the place.
sign: 签名
我可以在你们店做签售届时你的店好不容易会满座一回。
Would you hold that for a moment?
能帮我拿一下吗?
-Lynette: Well, we've filled the place many times, but it's your party. Whatever you want.
店里倒是经常满座但这是你的派对,你说了算。
-Bree: Oh, you can just put that on a hanger in the back.
hanger: 衣架
你把衣服放到后面的衣架上就行。
What I want is to make this an opportunity for you.
opportunity: 机会
我想的是为你们造势。
We can turn one of your dismal Thursday night seatings into a real event.
dismal: 凄凉的 seatings: 座椅或坐垫
给你们低迷的生意注入一枚强心针把周四晚的低迷变成一场真正的盛会。
I don't know what to say.
我真不知道说什么了。
-Bree: Well, don't thank me. It was your idea.
别谢我啊,原本是你的主意嘛。
-Lynette: Right.
没错。
Glad I thought of it.
我怎么就想到了呢。
-Katherine: Susan, hi.
嗨 Susan。
-Susan: You at home?
你在家啊?
-Katherine: Uh, yeah. I'm just about to jump in the shower. What's up?
jump: 跳 shower: 淋浴
对啊,正准备洗个澡,怎么了?
-Susan: I'm going crazy because I think I left my front door unlocked.
crazy: 疯狂的 unlocked: 没锁的
我要疯了,我大概忘锁大门了。
Could you run and check?
check: 检查
你能马上去检查一下吗?
I'll stay on the line.
on the line: 在电话上
我不挂电话。
-Katherine: No, no. I totally understand.
totally: 完全地
没事没事,我明白。
The one day I don't lock up, I always think that's the day somebody's gonna break in.
break in: 闯入
有天我没锁门就一直想着有人会破门而入。
-Susan: Exactly.
完全正确。
And so even though I was already halfway to the airport,
halfway: 半路 airport: 机场
所以即使我去机场走到半路。
I turned around and I came home, and, yep, I had left the garbage disposal on.
turn around: 回来 garbage: 垃圾 disposal: 处理
我也折回来果然,我忘了关垃圾处理机了。
So ever since then, I always check.
从那以后,我总是反复检查。
-Katherine: Oh, I’m the same way. Anyway, you can relax. The front door's all locked up.
我也是,但你可以放心了大门关得好好的。
-Susan: Oh, you know what? I'm actually still worried about the side door.
worry about: 担心 side door: 侧门
噢,其实我还担心侧门没关好。
Do you think you could check that, too?
能麻烦你再看看吗?
-Katherine: Already did. You're good.
已经看过了,没问题。
Well, I’m gonna take that shower now. See you later, hon.
现在我要洗澡了,回头见。
Mike, is that you?
Mike 是你吗?
You're just in time.
in time: 及时;适时的
时间刚刚好。
Susan?
Susan?
Susan Mayer! For god sake, give me back my pearls!
for god sake: 看在上帝额份上 sake: 缘故 pearl: 珍珠
Susan Mayer! 看在上帝的份上把珍珠项链还给我!
-Susan: Pearls or towel you decide.
towel: 毛巾
珍珠还是毛巾,你自己决定。
-Katherine: You wouldn't dare.
dare: 敢
你敢。
-Susan: I have been naked on this street.
naked: 裸体的
我可是在这条街上裸过的。
It would be nice to take the heat off that story.
你要是裸了,我就能喘口气了。
-Katherine: Have you lost your mind?
lose mind: 发疯
你疯了吗?
-Susan: Mike said he can't afford to pay for M.J.'s private school.
afford: 付得起 private school: 私利学校 private: 私人的
Mike说他没钱送MJ上私立学校。
Now I know why.
现在我知道了。
He wants to see his girlfriend wearing pearls when she flashes him.
girlfriend: 女朋友 flash: 闪烁
他想要女朋友戴着项链裸呈给他”惊艳”一把。
-Katherine: What? He wouldn't pay for M.J.'s school?
什么? 他不付MJ的学费?
-Susan: No. So I was going to take these and sell them to try to pay for it,
pay for: 支付
不,所以我才要拿这个去换钱来付。
And, yes, now that I’m saying it out loud, I hear how stupid that sounds.
loud: 大声的 stupid: 愚蠢的
好了,现在我说得那么大声我也知道听起来多蠢。
-Katherine: I can't believe mike would do that.
真不敢相信Mike会那样。
-Susan: Well, he did.
他这么做了。
-Andrew: Hey, Mrs. Mayfair. It's nice to see you.
嘿,Mayfair太太,很高兴见到你。
-Katherine: Perhaps we should discuss this later.
discuss: 讨论
或许我们应该等下再说。
-Mike: This can't be good.
大事不好了。
So is this a “welcome home, we missed you” kind of thing or...
你们是要说“欢迎回家我们想你”还是...
-Susan: Damn right,”oh.”
damn: 他妈的
你真该”噢”。
What happened to “I’m broke and can't afford to send M.J. To private school”?
怎么不说”我破产了没钱送MJ去私立学校”?
-Katherine: Don't get me wrong, mike. It was a wonderfully generous present.
get sb. wrong: 误解某人 wonderfully: 极佳地 generous: 大方的
别误会 Mike,你送我的礼物很大方。
-Susan: But you can't go around blowing your kid's money on jewelry for your girlfriend.
jewelry: 珠宝
但你不能花掉孩子上学的钱买珠宝给你女朋友。
What did these cost you? $4, 000, $5,000?
这花了你多少钱? 4000块 5000?
-Mike: It’s 129.
129块。
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Mike: They're fake, okay?
fake: 假的
这是假的,行么?
And I knew how hardly you wanted pearls, and I couldn't afford real ones.
我知道你很想要条珍珠项链但我买不起真的。
And the salesman swore you'd never know the difference, and she didn't.
salesman: 售货员 swear: 发誓
售货员发誓说你绝对看不出来她(Susan)也没看出来。
-Susan: Well...
那么...
At least you won't feel bad if you ever lose them.
at least: 至少
至少弄丢了你也不会心疼。
-Mike: I just wanted to get you a really nice gift, and I don't know.
我想给你一个很好的礼物但我不知道...
I guess I was embarrassed when I couldn't.
embarrassed: 尴尬的
送不起礼物给你我觉得好丢人。
-Katherine: Mike, don't ever feel like you have to spend money to impress me.
impress: 给…留下深刻印象
Mike 不要总是花钱来取悦我。
Okay? Trust me.
好么? 相信我。
I'm already very impressed.
我已经很高兴了。
-Susan: Okay, okay. Point made. Move along.
move along: 走
好吧,好吧,明白了,走吧。
-Katherine: I'll go fix us some dinner.
我去准备点晚餐。
-Mike: How dare you.
你怎么敢这么做。
-Susan: I didn't know they were fake.
我不知道这是假的。
-Mike: I mean how dare you think that I would put jewelry for my girlfriend ahead of my son's education.
put sth. ahead of: 把…放在…之前
你怎么能觉得我会把给女友买珠宝放在我儿子的教育前面。
-Susan: Okay, maybe I jumped to conclusions, but this school is important for M.J.
conclusion: 结论
好吧,也许是我妄下定论但这学校对MJ很重要。
I feel really bad that we're falling short.
short: 缺钱的
我们没钱让我很难受。
-Mike: Susan, I’ve been at work since 6:00 this morning,
Susan 我从今天早晨6点钟就开始工作。
and after I inhale a 5minute dinner, I’m going back out till midnight.
inhale: 吸入【<美口>(急切地贪婪地)吃】[I was so hungry I just inhaled that Big Mac.] midnight: 午夜
中午5分钟狼吞虎咽继续工作直到深夜。
I am busting my ass to give our son the best, so if we're falling short; it's not because of me.
bust ass to do: 拼命做某事 bust: 半身像,萧条 ass: 愚蠢的人,臀部
我拼命工作让我们的儿子上最好的学校如果我们没钱,那不是我的原因。
-Gabrielle: What?
喂?
-Trainer: Where are you? You're late for training.
你在哪? 你训练迟到了。
-Gabrielle: Oh, yeah, I quit that.
quit: 退出
哦,是啊,我退出。
-Trainer: There is no quitting. It's in the contract.
contract: 合同
没有退出这一说,合同上写了。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, well, maybe you should take it up with my lawyer. Here he is.
take up with: 向…提出 lawyer: 律师
噢,也许你该跟我的律师说,他在这。
-Trainer: We are not leaving!
我们不会走的!
Come on, ladies! Keep going! Keep it moving!
来吧,女士们!继续! 动起来!
-Gabrielle: What the hell do you think you're doing?
你到底在干什么呀?
-Trainer: When you don't come to boot camp, boot camp comes to you. Fall in!
boot camp: 训练营 fall in: 集合
你不来训练营,训练营就来找你归队!
-Gabrielle: Are you out of mind? I have two sleeping children.
你疯了么? 我两个孩子还在睡呢。
-Trainer: Oh, I know. I've seen the cellulite. Fall in!
cellulite: (胖女人臀部的)脂肪团
我知道,我看到你的肥臀了,归队!
-Mona: Do it, Gaby. There is no quitting.
来吧 Gaby,不能退出的。
-Gabrielle: Oh, don't get all holier than thou, Mona.
holier than thou: 假仁假义的
哦,别那装假正经了 Mona。
I saw you pull into the doughnut shack yesterday.
doughnut: 甜甜圈 shack: 小屋
我昨天看见你进甜甜圈店了。
-Trainer: Doughnut that's a lap!
lap: 一周
甜甜圈这是一圈!
-Gabrielle: Oh, really? Well, try this on for size.
哦,是么? 有本事听听这个。
I'm going back to bed, because I’m tired.
我要回去睡了,因为我很累。
And when I wake up, maybe I’ll have some cake, and you can't stop me.
wake up: 醒来
等我起来的时候,也许我会吃点蛋糕你不能阻止我。
-Edie: Gaby! Where are you going?
Gaby! 你要去哪?
If you don't get out there, he is gonna take it out on the rest of us.
it out on: 向…出气
如果你不出去,他会把火撒在我们身上。
-Gabrielle: Well, frankly, some of them need it.
噢说真的,有些人是得多做点。
I just came for a little remodel, and there are some real teardowns out there.
remodel: 改造 teardown: 拆卸
我只是想回复点体型而那个真会把我弄散架的。
-Edie: You are one spoiled, selfish, little brat.
spoiled: 被宠坏的 selfish: 自私的 brat: 乳臭未干的小孩
你真是个被宠坏的自私鬼。
-Gabrielle: Oh, for god sakes, Edie, it's a stupid exercise class.
哦,看在上帝份上Edie,这是个傻了吧唧的健身课。
I tried it. It sucked. I don't want to do it anymore. Lighten up.
suck: <俚>糟糕 lighten up: 放松;不要生气
我试了,很烂。我不想再参加了,放轻松。
-Edie: Well, that stupid little exercise class is filled with women
这个傻了吧唧的健身课里那些女人。
Who bust their asses three times a week while raising kids and holding down fulltime jobs.
raise kid: 带小孩 fulltime: 全职
她们每周累死累活三次,还要带孩子继续做全职工作。
-Gabrielle: Well, they’re crazy.
她们疯了。
He yells, and they jump.
yell: 大叫
他一吼,她们就跳。
He tells them to run all the way over here, and they do it.
他让她们大老远跑过来,她们就跑。
-Edie: He didn't make us come here. We agreed to.
他没让我们来,是我们要来的。
-Gabrielle: What the hell for?
干嘛要这样?
-Edie: Because you told us that it was important to you to get into that dress.
因为你告诉我们你想塞进那件礼服这对你很重要。
So we came here to support you.
所以我们来这支持你。
You wanted the old Gaby back? Well, congratulations. You got her
你想做回以前的Gaby?那恭喜,你做到了。
a self-centered, obnoxious jerk.
self-centered: 以自我为中心的 obnoxious: 可憎的 jerk: 怪人
一个自私、讨厌的混蛋。
Personally, I liked poor, paunchy Gaby better.
personally: 个人觉得 paunchy: 大肚子的
我觉得,我更喜欢又穷又胖的Gaby。
At least she had some humility.
humility: 谦虚
至少她还比较谦虚。
-Trainer: Okay, time to stretch. Not you!
stretch: 伸展
好的,开始伸展,不是说你!
You are 25 minutes late. Give me 50.
你迟到了25分钟,给我50个。
-Woman: Oh, my god. You're her!
哦,我的天,你是她(her)!
-Bree: Well, technically, I’m she, but yes.
technically: 技术上
正确的说,我是她(she) 不过没错。
-Woman: Your turkey tetrazzini saved my marriage.
turkey: 火鸡 tetrazzini: (加雪利酒、奶油沙司等调味) 烤制成脆皮的
你的雪利奶油脆皮火鸡挽救了我的婚姻。
Would you sign this for me?
能给我签个名么?
-Bree: Certainly.
certainly: 当然
当然。
-Woman: I am so excited to be tasting your food tonight.
taste: 品尝
今晚你能吃到你的菜我很兴奋。
-Bree: My food? What are you talking about?
我的菜? 你说什么呢?
-Woman: Oh, well, it says here the chefs of Scavo's are going to be making recipes from your book.
chef: 厨师 recipe: 食谱
这里说Scavo餐厅的厨师要做你书上的菜。
-Bree: They are?
是么?
-Woman: I can't wait to try that four cheese pizza.
cheese pizza: 奶酪比萨 cheese: 奶酪
我等不及要尝尝你的四味奶酪比萨了。
-Bree: Well, you might have to. Excuse me.
excuse me: 失陪
也只能这样了,失陪。
Lynette.
Lynette。
I understand you and your fellow chefs will be serving my four cheese pizza tonight.
我知道你和你的厨师们今晚要做我的四味奶酪比萨。
-Lynette: Yep. Just adding the Parmesan.
Parmesan: 用脱脂乳制成的坚硬的意大利干酪
对就差加巴马干酪了。
-Bree: But that's commercial parmesan.
commercial: 营利性的
可这是低质巴马干酪。
-Lynette: So?
那又怎样?
-Bree: So that's like the dust they sweep off the floor of a place that makes real cheese.
dust: 废物 sweep off: 扫去
这是他们从做干酪的地上扫起来的边角料。
-Lynette: Oh, no. It's fine. We use it all the time.
不,这没事的我们一直都用这个。
-Bree: Oh, perhaps you do, but my recipe specifies fresh grated.
specify: 特别注明 fresh: 新鲜的 grated: 磨碎的
也许你们可以用但我的菜谱上特别注明是要新磨的。
-Lynette: Bree, no one will notice.
Bree 没人会察觉的。
Parmesan is the fourth cheese in a four cheese pizza.
巴马干酪是四味奶酪比萨的最后一味。
It's the Ringo of these cheeses.
就好像”甲壳虫乐队”里的Ringo。
-Cindy: Hey, Mr. Scavo said the grease trap is overflowing again.
grease trap: 润滑脂分离器 overflow: 溢出
嘿,Scavo先生说隔油池又溢出来了。
-Lynette: Oh, for Pete sake. I'll be right back.
噢,老天,我马上回来。
-Bree: Uh, take your time.
take time: 不急不忙
慢慢来。
I'm sorry. We haven't been introduced. I'm Bree Hodge, part owner.
introduce: 介绍 part owner: 股东
不好意思,我们还不认识我是Bree Hodge 股东。
-Cindy: I'm Cindy. We'll chat later.
我是Cindy,我们等会再聊。
-Bree: Roll out some dough and show me where the basil is.
roll out: 碾平 roll: 滚动,卷 dough: 面团 basil:
擀些面团,然后告诉我紫苏在哪。
We'll be serving three cheese pizza tonight.
我们今晚要做三味比萨。
-Cindy: But what about the pizzas that we just made?
那我们刚做的比萨怎么办?
-Dave: Tom, I came to tell you how happy I am for you.
Tom 我要跟你说我很为你们高兴。
This place is packed. It's packed!
packed: 塞满的
这地方真火,真火!
-Tom: Yep. You know what? Bree really came through for us.
是啊,知道么?Bree真的帮我们度过难关。
-Dave: Wait, wait, wait, wait. Even if she hadn't, you would have landed on your feet.
even if: 就算 on one’s feet: 靠自己
等等,等等,就算她没有你们也会自己好起来的。
I had total faith in you.
have faith in: 对…有信心 faith: 信任
我对你有百分百把握。
-Tom: And you have had three scotch and sodas.
scotch:<美俚>威士忌 soda: 苏打
你已经喝了三杯苏打威士忌了。
-Dave: Dude, this money goes right in your pocket.
dude: 伙计
伙计,这钱直接进你口袋。
I'm just supporting you.
我只是在支持你。
-Tom: Hey, I gotta go check on that grease trap.
我得去看看隔油池了。
-Dave: Yeah, i gotta get back to Edie. She wanted me home by 10:00.
是啊,我得回去陪Edie了她要我十点前回家。
But, dude, congratulations. I'm proud of you.
be proud of sb.: 为某人自豪
不过,伙计,恭喜你,为你骄傲。
-Tom: See you.
再见
-Dave: You bet.
好的。
-Lee: Hey, tom? Yeah?
嘿,Tom? 嗯?
Nothing. Never mind. You're busy. You know, wait. I...
没事,别在意,你挺忙的。等等,我...
I just want you to know that...
我只想让你知道...
-Tom: That guy's not your friend.
那人不是你朋友。
Who? Dave?
谁? Dave?
-Lee: Is there someplace we can talk?
someplace: 某个地方
能借个地方说话么?
-Tom: Yeah.
好的。
-Lynette: Son of a...
天杀的...
-Bree: If this doesn't stop your mother-in-law from criticizing your cooking,
mother-in-law: 婆婆 criticize: 批评 cooking: 厨艺
如果这不能让你婆婆停止批判你的厨艺。
I will give you a full refund.
refund: 退款
我就退你全款。
-Lynette: Hey, can I borrow you a sec?
嘿,能离开会么?
-Bree: Now? People are waiting.
现在? 他们在等着呢。
-Lynette: You'll still be a celebrity in five minutes. Come on.
celebrity: 名人
你离开五分钟也还是名人,来吧。
-Bree: Excuse me.
不好意思。
-Lynette: You want to explain this?
你能解释一下么?
-Bree: Oh, dear. I was hoping to spare your feelings, but since you know,
哦,亲爱的,我不想发让你分心的不过既然你知道了。
I wasn't comfortable having my recipe made with substandard ingredients.
comfortable: 舒服的 substandard: 次等的 ingredient: 材料
我不喜欢用来劣等食材做我的菜。
-Lynette: We use that parmesan all the time.
我们一直都用那种干酪。
You can't go changing things without asking me.
你不能不问我就擅自做改变。
-Bree: Hey, you made me partner.
嘿,你让我当合伙人的。
I can change 15%, and I chose the parmesan.
我能改变15% 我选了干酪。
And I don't know if you've heard, but people are raving about my pizza.
rave about: 极力夸奖
不知道你听见了没有人们在对我的比萨赞不绝口。
-Lynette: Well, they probably would have loved my pizza, too,
他们也许也会喜欢我的比萨。
But we'll never know, because my partner threw it in the garbage. What a waste.
waste: 浪费
但我们永远不会知道了,因为我的合伙人把它扔进了垃圾桶,真是浪费啊。
-Bree: Fine. I'll reimburse you, if that'll make things right.
reimburse: 偿还
好吧,我赔你,这样行吗。
-Lynette: Oh, sure. It's only money, right?
哦,是啊,都是钱的事,是吗?
-Bree: What's that supposed to mean?
你这话什么意思?
-Lynette: We all know how well you're doing, Bree. You have made that very clear.
我们都知道你做的多好 Bree你都表现的很清楚了。
But you shouldn't be lording it over everybody just because you've caught a couple of breaks.
lord it over sb.: 对…发号施令 lord: 主 break:<美口>机会;运气
可你不能因为有几个臭钱就想统治一切。
Caught a couple of breaks?
几个臭钱?
-Bree: I've worked my ass off to get where I am.
我忙得脚不着地才换来今天的成绩。
-Lynette: I've worked my ass off, too. I just wasn't as lucky as you.
我也忙得要死,只是没你那么幸运。
-Bree: Well, I’ve always believed that we create our own luck.
我一直相信幸运是自己创造的。
-Lynette: Meaning that I’ve created my own failure?
failure: 失败
就是说我创造了自己的失败?
-Bree: Well, not completely, but let's face it. You do cut corners.
completely: 完全地 face: 面对 cut corners: 抄近路
不全是,但面对现实吧,你是走了捷径。
I mean, one of the things I can teach you is the importance of the attention to detail.
attention: 注意力 detail: 细节
我是说,我能教你的是注意细节的重要性。
-Lynette: Talk about luck.
说到幸运。
When I offered to throw you this little thank you party,
当我要给你办这个小小的感谢派对的时候。
I never imagined that it would turn into an opportunity for me to learn
turn into: 变成
我从没想过这会变成
from the great Bree Hodge.
一个学习伟大的Bree Hodge的机会。
-Bree: Well, I’m not the one who needed $20,000 to keep my business afloat.
keep afloat: 使流通
我不需要谁给我两万块来让我的生意继续下去。
-Lynette: No, you're the one who's never gonna let me forget it.
你就是要不停地提醒我借你钱了吧!
-Bree: Where are you going?
你要去哪里?
-Lynette: Home.
回家。
Tell me how the party I threw for you turns out.
我帮你办的派对情况如何你回头再跟我说吧。
-Bree: Lynette, I don't understand why you're so upset.
upset: 不高兴
Lynette 我不明白你为啥沮丧。
-Lynette: I know you don't, but five years ago, you would've.
我知道你不明白但五年前的你会很清楚。
-Bree: My car!
我的爱车!
-Lynette: You know that was an accident, right?
accident: 意外
你清楚这是个意外,对吧?
-Jean: I did the best I could on the clasp, Mrs. Solis.
clasp: 扣子
我已经把扣子修得很好了,Solis太太。
I don't think you'll be able to tell the difference.
difference: 不同
我认为一定看不出分别。
-Gabrielle: Okay, be honest. Here I come.
honest: 诚实的
好,要诚实哦,我出来了。
So what do you think?
你有什么看法?
-Jean: You are stunning. Radiant.
stunning: 惊艳的 radiant: 发光的
你太美艳动人,光芒四射
-Gabrielle: Really?
真的?
-Jean: Really. You're back, Mrs. Solis, exactly like you were before.
当然,你恢复身材了,Solis太太和当年一模一样。
-Gabrielle: Oh, I think I’ve changed a little bit.
噢,很是有一点小变化啦。
-Jean: Not that I can see.
完全看不出。
If there's nothing else, I’ll be going.
如果没有别的事,我要走了。
-Gabrielle: Jean, wait.
Jean 等等。
-Jean: What is it? Is there a problem?
什么? 有问题吗?
-Gabrielle: No, no. It's perfect.
不,这太完美了。
I just want to tell you how helpful you've been to me over the years, and i'm really grateful.
helpful: 有帮助的 grateful: 感激的
我只是想感谢你多年来的帮助。
-Dave: Thank you.
谢谢你。
Hey, buddy. How was the rest of the...
the rest of: 剩下的
嘿,老兄,剩下的...
-Tom: I know what you did. What?
我知道你的所作所为什么?
Don't give me that!
不要装蒜了!
I know that you told the cops that porter set that fire.
cop: 警察 set fire: 放火
我知道你告诉警察是Porter放的火。
-Dave: I didn't say he set the fire. I only said I saw him in the back hallway.
hallway: 走廊
我没说过他放了火我只说看见他在后走廊。
-Tom: You couldn't have! He wasn't there!
你根本没看见! 他没去过那儿!
-Dave: Tom, the cops were really grilling me.
grill: 严加拷问
Tom 警察当时在拷问我。
They wouldn't let up.
let up: 放松
他们抓住不放啊。
I had to tell them what I thought I saw.
我必须得告诉他们我所看见的。
-Tom: Porter could have gone to jail.
jail: 监狱
Porter可能会进监狱。
You almost destroyed my family, destroyed our business.
destroy: 毁坏 family: 家庭 business: 生意
你差点就毁了我的家庭毁掉我们的生意。
-Dave: I'll make it up to you. I swear.
make up: 补偿
我会做出补偿,我发誓。
I never meant to hurt you or Lynette.
我没想过伤害你和Lynette
-Tom: Oh, Lynette doesn't know about this. I didn't tell her.
Lynette不知道这一切,我没告诉她。
If I had, you’d be dead.
如果我告诉了她你会死无葬身之地。
-Dave: I am so sorry.
我非常地抱歉。
I never should have said anything to the cops.
我不应该向警察告发任何事。
It was dark. I'd been drinking. You've gotta believe me.
dark: 黑暗的
当时天很黑,我又喝醉了你可要相信我。
Stop. Just stop.
停手,你该停手了。
Are you done?
你有完没完?
-Tom: Yeah.
嗯。
-Dave: This is crazy.
crazy: 疯狂的
这都乱套了。
I mean, there's gotta be some way we can work this out.
work out: 解决
我们肯定能找个方法解决的。
We're friends.
毕竟我们是挚友。
-Tom: That's what I thought, too.
我也曾经这样想。
But I don't know who you are.
但知人口面不知心。
-Dave: Tom.
Tom。
Tom.
Tom。
-Edie: Can I ask you something?
能问你些事吗?
-Dave: Go ahead. Shoot.
go ahead: 说吧
问吧。
-Edie: I've been thinking a lot about your first wife.
关于你的前妻,我思考了很久。
-Dave: Edie.
Edie。
-Edie: I know.
我知道。
Just one question, and then I’ll shut it.
shut: 关
只有一个问题,我就不会再提了。
-Dave: I don't like talking about her.
我不想讨论她。
-Edie: It has been weeks since I found out she even existed, and I’ve never mentioned her once.
find out: 发现 mention: 提起
我得知有这号人物已经好久了却从来没有提起过她一次。
Come on. Look at this as my reward.
reward: 奖赏
拜托,就当是对我的奖励。
-Dave: Okay. One question.
好,一个问题。
-Edie: Being married to her...
跟她的婚姻...
Or being married to me...
和跟我的婚姻...
What's the biggest difference?
最大的不同是?
-Dave: Honestly?
honestly: 诚实德
认真的?
Our marriage is more real.
real: 真实的
我们的婚姻生活更真切
-Edie: Really? In what way?
是吗? 在哪方面?
-Dave: Well, with her, it was like... A fairy tale.
fairy tale: 童话 fairy: 仙女,小精灵 tale: 传说,故事
跟她在一起更像... 童话。
I thought it would last forever. It didn't.
forever: 永远
我想会白头到老,但事实不然。
What you and I have is more real because I know it's not forever.
但跟你在一起更真实因为我知道这不会是永远。
When I hold you, when I kiss you,
当我抱着你,当我吻你。
I try to remind myself to appreciate the moment,
appreciate: 珍惜
我会提醒自己珍惜那一刻。
Because tomorrow may never come.
因为或许明天不再来。
Love...
爱情...
Is just temporary.
temporary: 暂时的
没有永恒。
The way the fairy tale ends... Is death.
童话的结尾...必定是死亡。
-Edie: My first instinct was to ask you if she was prettier than me.
instinct: 冲动 pretty: 漂亮
我开始一心只想问问你她是不是比我要漂亮。
When will I learn to go with my gut?
gut: 勇气
我什么时候能听到我想听的话呢?
-Mr. Hobson: I'm sorry. You can't afford the tuition?
afford: 承担得起 tuition: 学费
对不起,你交不起学费?
-Susan: No.
是的。
But I read in your brochure that faculty members get a 50% discount,
brochure: 小册子 faculty members: 教职人员
但我在你们的宣传册里看到教职人员有百分之50的减免。
so for your art department,
art: 艺术 department: 系;部
你们的艺术系。
How would you like to hire an award-winning children's book illustrator
hire: 雇佣 award-winning: 成功地 illustrator: 插图画家
你们会雇佣一个屡获殊荣的儿童书籍插画画家吗?
who is great with kids And has a face you can't say no to?
她很有孩子缘还长着一张你不忍拒绝的脸?
-Mr. Hobson: Unfortunately, our art department is fully staffed.
unfortunately: 不幸地 fully staffed: 人满的
不幸的是,艺术系不缺人手。
-Susan: Can't say no.
不忍心拒绝吧。
-Mr. Hobson: Miss Mayer, I appreciate your enthusiasm and the face,
appreciate: 欣赏 enthusiasm: 热情
Mayer小姐,我很欣赏你的热情和美貌。
but I’m afraid it just won't work out.
afraid: 害怕 work out: 行不通
但我想这行不通。
I wish you the best of luck.
一路走好。
-Susan: Yes.
是的。
Right.
好吧。
No, wrong.
不,这不对。
-Mr. Hobson: Miss Mayer, please, I’m so busy.
busy: 繁忙的
Mayer小姐,拜托,我很忙。
-Susan: Look, I know I said that M.J. was a star student, but the truth is,
我开始说MJ是人见人爱的小孩但事实是这样的。
He's one of those kids that needs extra attention.
extra: 额外的 attention: 注意力
他是个需要分外关注的孩子。
The classes at his school are way too big, and I see him getting lost in the shuffle.
get lost: 迷失 shuffle: 混淆
他现在的班级太多人了我看着他在混乱中开始迷失。
And if he gets lost now...
如果他从现在开始迷失自我...
My ex-husband is doing everything that he can, and I need to know that I am, too.
ex-husband: 前夫
我前夫已经尽了他的所能我必须也同样尽力。
I will serve lunches. I will be a janitor.
lunch: 午餐 janitor: 看门人
我可以当派餐员我可以当看门人。
Anything.
任何工作。
But I am not walking out on my son's future.
future: 未来
但我决不会放弃我儿子的未来。
-Mr. Hobson: Well, one of our art teachers does need an assistant,
assistant: 助理
我们其中一个美术老师确实需要个助理。
but you're completely overqualified.
completely: 完全地 overqualified: 大材小用的
但太大材小用了。
-Susan: I'll take it.
我乐意。
-Mr. Hobson: Congratulations on your new job.
恭喜你找到新工作。
-Susan: Congratulations on getting me out of your office.
office: 办公室
恭喜你能把我请出办公室。
-Bree: What's that?
那是啥?
-Lynette: A check for the damage to your car.
damage: 毁坏
给你修车的支票。
I can't afford to go through my insurance company.
go through: 成交 insurance company: 保险公司 insurance: 保险 company: 公司
我付不起保险公司的意外险。
-Bree: Oh, Lynette, don't be silly. It's just the bumper. You don't need to do that.
silly: 傻的 bumper: 防撞栏
噢 Lynette 别傻了,只是个防撞栏你不用这样做。
-Lynette: Yes, I do.
不,我要。
And the minute we're back on our feet, I am gonna pay back your investment
pay back: 偿还 investment: 投资
一旦我们恢复经济能力一定会将你的投资奉还。
Every penny, with interest.
penny: 便士 interest: 利息
分毫不差,带利息的。
-Bree: Lynette, stop. Wait. Please. Don't be this way.
Lynette停下来,等等拜托,不要这样子。
-Bree: I don't want money to get in the way of our friendship.
get in the way of: 阻碍 friendship: 友谊
我不想铜钱的腥臭污染了我们的友谊。
-Lynette: Yeah...
对...
I think it's a little late for that.
一切都太迟了。
词汇解析:Sally 校对:Lily Wang



评 论


