看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第五季 18集:A Spark. To Pierce the Dark.
Previously on Desperate Housewives
previously: 以前(预先)
前情提要…
-Mary Alice: A thief was confronted.
thief: 小偷 confront: 面对,对抗
小偷遭遇对质。
-Bree: Well, maybe you'll feel comfortable talking to a professional.
comfortable: 舒适的 professional: 专家
好吧,也许你愿意和专业人士谈谈。
-Orson: A psychiatrist?
psychiatrist: 精神病医生
精神病医生?
-Lucy: Someone lit me a cigar.
lit: light的过去式,点燃,点亮 cigar: 雪茄
谁给我点只雪茄?
-Mary Alice: Carlos hired an old girlfriend...
hire: 雇佣
Carlos雇了一个老情人...
and Gaby hired a spy.
spy: 间谍
Gaby雇了一个间谍。
-Gaby: I talked to Carlos. You're in!
我和Carlos谈了,你被录用了!
-Mary Alice: Edie dug deeper into Dave's past.
dig: 挖 deeper: 更深地 past: 过去
Edie深究Dave的往事。
-Man: Killed three years ago… car crash.
crash: 撞击
3年前遇害…车祸。
-Edie: That was his wife. Give me that one.
那是他太太,把那页给我。
-Man: Their daughter died in the same crash.
die in: 在…死去[eg: to die in office 死于任职期间]
他们的女儿也葬身于这场车祸。
-Mary Alice: And Dave's master plan...
master plan: 总体规划【master: 主要的 plan: 计划;这里当然指的是复仇的总体计划】
Dave正开展复仇大计...
-Katherine: You really think I make that much of a difference in Mike's life?
difference: 不同
你真觉得我对Mike的人生这么重要?
-Dave: If he ever lost you, it would destroy him.
destroy: 毁灭
如果失去你,他会崩溃。
-Mary Alice: Entered its final phase.
enter: 进入 final: 最后的 phase: (发展的)阶段
进入了最后阶段。
-Dave: Is this the ranger station?
ranger: 守林人 station: 站
是护林站吗?
Well, I didn't know whether to call you or fish and game,
whether or: 是…还是
我不知道应该打电话给你们,还是该继续钓鱼。
but, uh, I think I saw some guy up at Emerson ods hunting illegally,
ods: 过多享有(或体验),沉溺 hunt: 打猎 illegal: 非法的
但我想我看到有人在埃莫森林区非法打猎。
and I got worried because I know people like to go camping up there,
camping: 露营
我有些担心,因为人们喜欢在那露营。
and I-I sure wouldn't want anyone to get hurt.
我不希望有人受伤。
No, no need to thank me.
哦,不用谢。
I'm just doing my part as a concerned citizen.
concerned: 关心公众事务的 citizen: 公民,市民
我只是做一个尽职的市民而已。
Bye now.
那再见了
-Mary Alice: Dave Williams had been planning the murder for years,
murder: 谋杀
Dave Williams策划这场谋杀已经数年,
and like all the best plans, it was a simple one.
就像所有的好计划一样,它简单易行,
First, he would guide Mike Delfino and Katherine Mayfair to a remote cabin.
guide: 向导,引导 remote: 偏远的 cabin: 小木屋
首先,他将Mike Delfino和Katherine Mayfair带到偏远小屋,
The next morning, he'd pretend to be asleep as the two lovers left to go hiking.
pretend: 假装 asleep: 睡着了的 lover: 情人 go hiking: 去徒步旅行
第二天一早,他假装睡觉,等这对情侣外出远足。
Dave would then grab the gun he'd carefully hidden...
grab: 拿,取 carefully: 小心地,仔细地 hide: 藏
Dave就拿出精心藏匿的猎枪...
and start to follow his quarry.
follow: 跟随 quarry: 猎获物
然后追踪他的猎物,
He'd wait until the two had paused for a moment to catch their breaths.
pause: 停止 catch one’s breath: 喘口气,松一口气,歇口气(以使呼吸恢复正常);放松一下
等到俩人停下休息时,
And then he'd pull the trigger...
pull: 拔出 trigger: 板机
射出致命一枪...
breaking the heart of the man who had killed his wife.
break one’s heart: 令人伤心
让杀害他妻子的男人伤心欲绝。
When the rangers arrived, they would mention the reports of illegal hunters in the area.
mention: 提到 report: 报告,汇报 illegal: 非法的 hunter: 狩猎者
等护林员到场他们会说此地有人非法打猎,
And Dave would drive Mike back home, all the while enjoying his pain.
all the while: 一直,始终 enjoy: 享受
Dave将载着Mike回家,看着他痛苦的表情暗自高兴。
Yes, Dave Williams had come up with a very simple plan.
come up with: 想出
是的,Dave Williams想好了一个简单易行的计划。
But as he was about to discover...
be about to: 即将 discover: 发现
但他将发现...
-Someone: Have you faxed this clipping to Edie Williams yet?
fax: 传真 clipping: 剪取物
你把这页传给Edie Williams了没?
-Someone: Um, doing it right now.
哦,马上就办。
-Mary Alice: There is nothing simple...
没有什么杀人计划...
about murder.
是简单易行的
Life is full of nasty shocks...
full of: 充满… nasty: 污秽的,下流的 shock: 撞击
生活充满讨厌的撞击...
unpleasant surprises that jolt our systems...
surprise: 出人意料的事 jolt: 震摇 system: 系统,体系
和烦人的意外,打乱我们的节奏...
and cause our hearts to skip a beat.
cause: 引起 skip a beat:【跳漏了一拍,形容“吓了一跳”skip: 跳过 beat: 拍子】
让我们时不时心惊肉跳。
and these shocks always occur...
occur: 发生
而越是不想...
-Karl: Susan?
Susan?
-Susan: Hey, Karl.
嘿,Karl。
-Mary Alice: When we least expect them.
expect: 期待
就越会发生这种事。
-Susan: Karl. What are you doing here?
Karl,你在这干嘛?
-Karl: Well, I just enrolled Evan.
enroll: 登记,使加入
哦,我送Evan来入学。
-Susan: And I was worried that we'd be out of each other's lives forever.
be out of: 不再处于(某状况、某状态)
我还以为咱俩再也不会有什么交集呢,
Mm, lucky, lucky.
幸会,幸会啊。
-Karl: What are you doing here?
你在这干嘛?
-Susan: I am an art teacher.
我是这里的美术老师。
-Karl: Really? Do they know that?
是么? 他们也知道?
-Susan: And now I'm ignoring you and moving on to Evan.
ignore: 不顾,不理 move on to: 移到
我不理你了,我和Evan说话。
Hello, Evan.
你好啊,Evan。
-Karl: Evan, this is Susan.
Evan,这是Susan。
She's your sister Julie's mother.
她是你姐姐Julie的母亲。
We used to be married. She was a lot younger then.
我们结过婚,她那时年轻多了。
-Susan: Evan, why don't you head into the classroom?
head into: 走向
Evan要不你先去教室,
I need to talk to your daddy, and I may need to use some grown-up words.
grown-up: 成年人
我要和你爸爸谈谈,得用些成人词汇。
-Karl: Okay, Susie Q. What's wrong?
好啦 Susie-Q 怎么了?
Get it off that chest you wouldn't let me enhance.
chest: 胸 enhance: 加强
你胸口开那么低干嘛,又不让我摸。
-Susan: Listen, it's bad enough that I've got one ex-husband running around the halls.
ex-husband: 前夫[ex: (某人的)已离婚的配偶,已离婚的丈夫(或妻子)] run around: 东奔西跑,到处乱跑 hall: 大厅
在这里遇见一个前夫就够倒霉的了。
I don't need the faculty and the parents knowing that I have two.
faculty: 全体教员
我不想让同事和家长知道我有两个前夫。
So not a word about us having been married.
所以我们结过婚的事一个字也不许提。
No more wisecracks. No Susie Q's.
wisecrack: 俏皮话
不准说荤话,不准叫我Susie-Q。
I am Miss Susan, art teacher.
我是Susan小姐,美术老师。
-Karl: Yes, Miss Susan.
是,Susan小姐。
Can I bang your erasers after class?
bang: 粗手重脚地摆弄,乒乒乓乓地搬动 eraser: 黑板擦
下了课我能给你擦黑板吗?
-Susan: Karl, I'm serious. Don't mess with me.
mess with: 搞乱,弄糟
Karl 我是认真的,少惹我。
I have a yardstick, and I'm not afraid to use it.
yardstick: 直尺
我的戒尺正愁没地儿使呢。
-Lucy: We're gonna be making a presentation for the Morrison contract sooner than we planned.
presentation: 陈述 contract: 合同
我们要提前对Morrison的合同进行会议陈述。
There are a lot of firms gunning for this and--damn it, Lynette!
firm: 公司 gun for: [俚语]拚命追求;力图获得
有很多公司都虎视眈眈…干什么你 Lynette!
Don't…don't touch my figurines.
figurine: 瓷雕
不准--不准碰我的瓷雕!
These are worth more than the house you live in.
worth: 贵重的
它们比你房子还值钱。
-Lynette: Big deal. So is this coffee mug.
mug: 马克杯
有什么大不了,这杯子还值钱呢。
-Carlos: All right, we should break for Lunch.
好了,先吃午饭休息吧。
-Lucy: No.
不行。
Until this deal closes, we work through lunch.
deal close:【交易完成】
这笔生意谈成前,我们只能边吃边干活。
But as a consolation, we'll also be working nights.
consolation: 安慰
不过作为安慰,我们晚上也要加班。
-Carlos: Nights? You really think that's necessary?
晚上? 你真觉得有必要?
-Lucy: This is a $10 million deal, Carlos.
million: 百万
这可是1000万的大生意,Carlos,
How bad do you want it?
难道你不想要吗?
-Carlos: You heard the woman, we're working nights.
你们听到她的话了,我们晚上加班。
-Lynette: Um, I have a tiny scheduling conflict.
tiny: 极小的,微小的 scheduling conflict: 【时间冲突 scheduling: 计划安排 conflict: 冲突】
嗯,我时间上有点小冲突。
I coach my daughter's basketball team on Friday nights. So if I could…
coach: 训练,指导
周五晚上,我要带女儿的篮球队,我是不是可以…
-Lucy: Friday nights are now work nights.
周五晚上现在是工作时间了。
If we're successful, those of you on commission stand to do very well.
on commission: 抽取佣金 commission:【commission常用的意思是“委用,委任”,这里的意思是“佣金”】 stand to: 坚定地从事;坚守(职责、岗位等)
如果成功了,你们中表现好的会获得奖金,
And those of you who aren't?
那些表现不好的?
Well, you get to keep your jobs, which in this economy is a bonus all by itself.
bonus: 奖金
就得想办法保住饭碗了,毕竟这世道自己找工作可不容易。
All right, let's run down to the deli, grab a sandwich and meet back here in five.
deli: (pl. delis)[美口](=delicatessen)熟食品熟食店
好吧,都冲到快餐店买个三明治回来.五分钟后在这里开会。
You. No touching.
你.不准乱碰。
And, yes, I'll know.
是的,我看得出来。
-Lynette: Isn't she fun?
她可真有意思。
Hey, Carlos.
嘿,Carlos,
Did I ever tell you that Tom and I seriously considered you and Gaby for Penny's godparents?
consider: 考虑 godparent: 名义双亲,教父或教母
不知道我有没有跟你说起Tom和我曾认真考虑过你和Gaby做Penny的教母。
-Carlos: You're not getting Friday nights off.
周五晚上你不能翘班。
Look, I'm not happy about the schedule either.
schedule: 安排,计划预定
听着,我也不满这样的安排。
I'm missing my kids, too.
我也想念孩子们。
-Lynette: Then do something about it. You're the president. Put the brakes on Lucy.
president: 总裁 put the brakes on: 【原意是“使用刹车(放慢工作速度)”,引申义是“杀杀某人的威风”】
那就行动起来啊,你是总裁,刹刹Lucy的威风。
-Carlos: Lynette, I hired her to crack the whip, and that's what she's doing.
crack the whip: [口语](挥鞭)要挟服从;以严厉的手段命令别人,采取严厉手段;掌权,显示权威 crack: 打开 whip: 鞭打
Lynette 我雇她当黑面领袖,这是她的本分。
It's good for the company.
这对公司是好事。
-Lynette: But she makes people crazy.
但她快把大家逼疯了。
Can't you talk to her, get her to dial it down a bit?
dial down:【放慢节奏 dial: 拨号】
你就不能和她谈谈,让她略微放慢点节奏?
-Carlos: I will think about it.
我会考虑的。
But don't be asking me for favors like this.
favor: 帮助
但别再向我提这样的请求。
When we're at the office, I'm not your neighbor, I'm not your friend. I'm your boss. Got it?
在这间办公室里,不是你邻居或朋友,我是你老板,懂了吗?
Oh, by the way, you and Tom are coming over for cocktails on Saturday.
by the way: 顺便说一句 cocktail: 鸡尾酒
哦,对了,你和Tom周六来鸡尾酒会吧。
-Lynette: Oh, yeah. I plan to get drunk and bitch about my boss.
bitch: 说闲话
哦,当然,我准备喝个大醉,骂骂老板。
-Bree: I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable.
unacceptable: 不可接受的
我很抱歉,但这是不能接受的。
Do you at least know why he steals?
steal: 偷
你至少该知道他为什么要偷吧?
If there were some sordid childhood trauma we could blame it on,
sordid: 肮脏的,不干净的 trauma: 精神创伤 blame: 责怪
如果可以归结于什么童年阴影。
it would really help me out with the neighbors.
help out: 帮助解决困难
就可以帮我向邻居们解释了。
-Orson: Oh, he knows.
哦,他知道。
Dr. Bernstein uncovered that my very first session.
uncover: 揭露 session: 期间
Bernstein医生第一次会诊时就知道了。
-Bree: Really? And…and yet, he keeps charging me.
charge: 收费
是么? 那他还一直向我收费。
So, doctor, what's this "revelation" that you've been keeping from me for $200 an hour?
revelation: 揭露,泄露 keep from: 隐瞒,瞒住
医生啊,到底是什么"惊人发现" 让您200块一小时还不让我知道?
-Orson: I steal to hurt you.
我偷窃是为了伤害你。
-Bree: Why would you want to hurt me?
为什么你要伤害我?
-Orson: Each day for the past year,
过去几年里的每一天,
you have, inch by inch, slice by slice,
inch by inch: 一点点地,缓慢地 slice by slice: 【一步一步地 slice: 一部分】
你一点点,一步步,
brought me closer to being a eunuch.
eunuch: 太监
把我阉成了个太监。
-Bree: Would you excuse us for moment?
能给我们一点单独时间吗?
This just became a private conversation.
private: 私人的
这已经是私人对话了。
-Doctor: If I stay, I might be able to help.
如果我留下,也许能帮忙。
-Bree: You wanna help?
你想要帮忙?
Why don't you go down to the pharmacy in the lobby and buy some aspirin?
pharmacy: 药店 lobby: 大厅
去大厅的药房买点阿司匹林怎么样?
I'm gonna need it.
我需要。
I don't deserve this.
deserve: 值得
凭什么这样对我,
I have been nothing but supportive of you since you got out of jail.
supportive: 支持的 jail: 监狱
你从监狱出来后,我就一直支持你。
I even gave you a job.
甚至给了你一份工作。
-Orson: I wanted to be your partner. You made me an employee.
partner: 合作人 employee: 员工
我想成为你的合伙人,你却让我成了员工。
-Bree: So you decided to punish me by resorting to petty theft?
punish: 惩罚 resort to: 诉诸,求助于 petty theft: 小偷小摸 petty: 小的,小规模的
所以你就用小偷小摸来惩罚我?
For god sakes, Orson, I'm your wife.
天地良心,Orson,我是你的妻子。
-Orson: Perhaps, but I'm not your husband.
也许,但我不是你丈夫。
We may share a bed, but you save your passion for your company.
save: 留下,保留 passion: 激情
我们或许同睡一床,但你爱的却是你的公司。
-Bree: That's not true!
不是这样!
-Orson: Isn't it?
不是吗?
Every day for the past year, I have been in the background an afterthought,
background: 幕后 afterthought: 后来想到的事物
过去几年里,我哪天不是活在幕后,哪天不是最后才被想起。
while you spend day and night, nurturing your business.
nurture one’s business: 尽心经营某人事业 nurture: 养育,教养
在你夜以继日照料生意之后,
All the while thinking, I had your support.
每当那时,我都想着有你支持。
-Orson: I tried.
我尝试了。
I thought I wouldn't mind being Mr. Bree Van de Kamp.
mind: 介意
我以为我不会介意成为 Bree Van de Kamp先生。
But it's killing me.
但这是在折磨我。
Every day, I get smaller and smaller.
每一天我都在越来越渺小。
And if something doesn't change,
如果再不改变现状。
Orson Hodge is just gonna disappear altogether.
disappear: 消失
Orson Hodge将一去不复返。
-Carlos: Girls are out like a light. Thanks for dinner.
out like a light:【很快睡熟了eg: He is out like a light: 他睡的真熟】
女儿们都睡熟了,谢谢美味的晚餐。
-Gaby: Carlos, do you have to go back to work?
Carlos 你必须得回去工作吗?
-Carlos: Gaby, I got a meeting.
Gaby 有个重要会议。
-Gaby: But can't Lucy cover it?
cover: 替…工作
Lucy自己不能搞定吗?
-Carlos: You know those two extras zeroes at the end of my paycheck you like so much?
extra: 额外津贴 paycheck: [美国英语]付薪金用的支票;薪金,工资
知道为何我的工资末尾多了两个零?
They're there because I'm president. Hours are part of the gig.
president: 董事长,经理 gig: 任务,活计,指定的工作;职业
因为我是总裁,时间都要被牺牲掉。
-Gaby: How about a quickie?
quickie: [美国俚语]匆匆制成的东西,(尤指) 粗制滥造的影片(或图书、报道等);草草了事的性交
来个"性爱快餐"怎样?
-Carlos: Babe, I don't have time.
宝贝,我可没时间。
-Gaby: Right, that's why I didn't suggest a longie.
longie: [a long intercourse opposite to quickie. 与quickie恰好相反的意思]
所以我才没要求全套服务。
Oh, come on.
来嘛。
I'll have your eyes rolling back in your head in three minutes flat.
your eyes rolling back in your head:【让你的眼睛滚过你的头】 in three minutes flat:【正好3分钟 flat: 完全地,彻底地】
三分钟保证让你爽歪歪。
-Carlos: You wanna do it there in front of the kids' sippy cups?
wanna=want to: 想要 sippy cups: 吸管杯
你要在孩子们的水杯旁做爱?
-Gaby: All gone. Now let's do this. It'll be like old times.
搞定,来吧,像以前一样。
-Carlos: We never did it on the table.
我俩从没在桌上做过。
-Gaby: Yeah, we did, years ago. Don't you remember?
我们做过,许多年前了,你忘了吗?
-Carlos: I don't think that was me.
那应该不是和我做。
-Gaby: Right. Well, we'll create new table memoes.
memo: 备忘录
是...那我们创造新回忆。
-Carlos: If you're trying to turn me on, you just failed miserably.
turn on: [美国英语](使)产生快感;(性)刺激;(使)感兴趣;使兴奋(或激动、热情等) miserable: 悲惨的
如果你想挑逗我的欲火,你败得很惨。
-Gaby: Carlos, do you realize since Bradley died and you took over, we haven't had sex once?
take over: 接管
自从你接替Brandley后,我们就没做过爱啦!
I miss you. I wanna spend time with you.
我想你,我想和你共处。
Now move the creamed corn and do me!
摩摩你的枪来上我!
-Carlos: Okay, how about tomorrow night?
明晚怎样?
-Gaby: Yeah, I've heard that before and then, tomorrow comes, and you're too tired.
你以前也保证过,可是明天你又会太累。
-Carlos: Okay, then, this weekend. I'll be all yours.
那这周末,周末我属于你。
And we can defile any piece of furniture you want.
defile: 使污秽,弄脏
在哪个家具上做,都随你喜欢。
-Edie: Hey, Karen, you don't have any fax paper, do you?
Karen 你有传真纸吗?
fax paper! Turn down the Dean Martin!
turn down: 关小(或扭小、调低)(灯光、声音、煤气等) Dean Martin (June 7, 1917 – December 25, 1995) was an American singer, film actor and comedian .He was one of the best known musical artists of the 1950s and 1960s.)
传真纸! 把Dean Martin的老歌关小点!
Don't worry about it. I'll go to the store tomorrow.
算了,明天我去商店买。
Do you need anything?
你要帮忙带什么?
Eggs... milk... lightbulbs...
lightbulb: 灯泡
鸡蛋...牛奶...灯泡...
okay, let's make this easier.
简单点说,
Is there athing you don't need?
你不需要什么?
I'll tell you what.
这样吧,
I'll call you from the store in the morning, okay?
明天我在商店打给你?
-Susan: What a lovely rainbow, June.
rainbow: 彩虹
好可爱的彩虹 June。
Here's a gold star for you.
给你一颗金星。
Oh, Drew, wow!
Drew 喔!
You know, elephants don't have wings, but I like the way you're thinking.
elephant: 大象 wing: 翅膀
大象不长翅膀,可我喜欢你的想象力。
Hey, Evan, what did you draw?
Eva,你画了什么?
that's a lot of red.
一大片红色。
-Evan: It's blood.
是血。
-Susan: Okay. So...
好的,那么...
that man must be a doctor, making the bloody man all better?
bloody: 染上血的
这是医生救治流血伤员吗?
-Evan: No, he's stabbing him in the guts with a sword.
stab: 刺 gut: [口语]肚子,腹部 sword: 剑
不,他在用剑刺他的心脏。
-Susan: Evan, that's... kind of a scary picture.
scary: 可怕的
Evan 这...这副图有点吓人。
-Evan: Nuh-unh, it's funny
才不,这很有趣。
-Susan: No, honey, it's inappropriate,
inappropriate: 不合适的
不,亲爱的,不该这样。
especially when the assignment was to make a picture that makes you happy.
assignment: 任务
今天的任务是画一副令自己开心的画。
-Evan: This does make me happy.
这很令我开心。
Where's my gold star?
我的金星呢?
-Gaby: I just can't get used to everyone working… first Bree, then Susan, now Lynette.
get used to: 习惯
好不适应大家都工作... 先是Bree 然后Susan 现在Lynette也去了。
Thank god for you.
幸好你还在。
I just had to get out of that boring house.
boring: 令人厌烦的
我不愿呆在那无聊的房子里。
-Tom: So what do you gals do when you get together?
gal:【这里指girls eg: There is loads of gals at the club tonight.】
你们女生在一起时都做什么?
-Gaby: Mostly gossip.
gossip: 八卦
大多是八卦啦。
You got any good gossip?
你有新八卦吗?
-Tom: I heard Ed Simmons got a Harley.
Ed Simmons买了新机车。
-Gaby: You know, I should get back.
我该回去了。
-Tom: Come on. Give me a break. I'm still new at this.
别对我那么苛刻,我还是新手。
-Gaby: Okay. We'll start with something a little easier--bitching.
那先来个容易点的...发牢骚。
-Tom: I can handle that bitch away.
handle: 处理
这我会牢骚满腹。
-Gaby: Well, I am so pissed at Carlos. He is never home.
piss: 生气
我太生Carlos的气了,他老不回家。
And when he is, he's too tired to do anything.
回来以后,他什么都不愿做。
And by "anything," I mean sex.
我是说"做爱"。
Are you uncomfortable?
话题让你不舒服?
-Tom: A little. Go on.
有点,继续吧。
-Gaby: Well, we've never had a drought like this. It's been almost two weeks.
drought: 干旱期
从没有过这么长的空白期,两周了。
-Tom: Two weeks? And that's a drought for you?
两周? 两周就算空白期?
-Gaby: Yeah. Lately, Carlos just doesn't want to do it.
是,最近Carlos怎么都不愿做。
-Tom: Wrong. Guys always wanna do it.
特错,男人向来愿意做。
-Gaby: Really?
真的?
-Tom: Yeah.
是啊。
-Gaby: Even if you're tired and get home late?
even if: 即使
即便回家太晚又劳累?
-Tom: Even if we're exhausted and late, and been shot in the leg... twice.
exhaust: 筋疲力尽的 shot: 射击
即便精疲力竭,回家晚。腿上中枪 ...再痛苦两倍,
We still want to.
我们都愿意做。
So you just gotta get past the tired adult to find the horny teenage boy inside.
get past: (使)越过(范围),(使)超出(某阶段) adult: 成年人 horny: 欲火中烧的
你得剥开他疲惫的外壳,唤醒他内心饥渴的青少年。
-Gaby: That's good to know.
感谢教导。
You're good at this girl talk thing.
你对姐妹悄悄话挺在行嘛。
-Tom: Well, thanks.
谢谢。
So, um, does Lynette ever talk about me and sex?
Lynette说过我们的性事吗?
-Gaby: Yeah, I should get back.
我真的该走了。
-Karl: you called me down here for this?
你让我大老远跑来就为这?
It's a kid playing with a soccer ball.
这是小孩踢足球。
-Susan: It's a head, and he's stabbing someone with a sword.
那是人头,而且他在用剑刺这人。
-Karl: Well, maybe it was in self-defense.
self-defense: 自卫
也许只是自卫。
-Principle: Mr. Mayer, generally, when kids exhibit this type of behavior, there's a problem.
exhibit: 展现 behavior: 行为
Mayer先,一般来说当孩子有这种行为,他很有问题了。
Excuse me. I have to take this. Sorry.
抱歉,我得接电话。
Hello?
喂?
-Karl: Thanks for ratting out my kid on his first day.
rat out (on): 遗弃
谢谢你第一天就找我孩子麻烦。
-Susan: It's not my fault.
这不是我的错。
I showed this to the school psychologist.
show: 展示 psychologist: 心理学家
我给学校心理医生看了这幅画,
She gave it to the principal. My hands were tied.
principal: 校长 tie: 约束,束缚
她交给校长的,这与我无关。
-Karl: So right away it's Evan's fault?
难道是Evan的错?
Did you ever consider that he didn't understand the assignment?
assignment: 任务
也许他没听懂任务要求呢?
-Susan: I told the class to draw something that made them happy.
我让学生画令他们开心的东西,
All the other kids drew kittens and rainbows.
kitten: 小猫
其他小孩都画小猫啦彩虹啦,
Your son drew small intestines on the end of a stick.
intestine: 肠 stick: 棍,棒
你儿子画了用棍戳死人。
-Karl: Let's cut to what this is really about.
说说你的真正目的吧。
You hate me, and you don't want my son in your class.
你恨我你要把我儿子赶出你的班。
-Susan: That is not true!
才不对呢!
-Karl: It is, too!
绝对是!
You're still punishing me for what happened between us.
你还在为陈年旧事惩罚我。
You're stuck in the past and blaming me for your screwed-up life!
be stuck in: 陷入 screw-up: 一团糟,乱七八糟
你还活在过去总认为是我让你过得那么苦!
-Susan: Okay, will someone call Guinness?
Guinness: 吉尼斯世界纪录
快通知吉尼斯吧。
Because you just set the world record for the biggest load of crap in one sentence.
set a record: 创纪录 a load of: [俚语]许多;大量;一大堆 crap: 胡说八道
你创了胡言乱语大记录。
-Karl: Oh, bite me!
bite me:【狠我吧。来打我吧】
来气我呀!
-Principle: How long was I gone?
我才离开多久啊?
-Susan: This is nothing, Mr. Hobson.
没事,Hobson先生,
We were just having a difference of opinion.
difference: 不同,差异 opinion: 意见
只是意见不合而已。
-Karl: Yeah, and my opinion is your teacher doesn't understand the difference
我认为这老师根本不懂区分
between emotional problems and creativity.
emotional: 情感的 creativity: 创造力
什么是心理问题,什么是创意。
-Susan: Shut up, Karl.
闭嘴Karl。
-Principle: Excuse me.
请问...
Did you just tell him to shut up?
你刚对他说"闭嘴"?
-Karl: You know, this is typical "Susan" behavior.
typical: 典型的
这是典型的"Susan式行为"。
And you wonder why no man can stay with you.
wonder: 想知道
难怪你留不住男人!
-Susan: Would this seem any less shocking if I told you we were once married for 12 years?
如果告诉你我们曾结婚12年,你会不会...不那么吃惊了?
-Bree: Yes, am I speaking to Mr. Dinsmore?
是的,我能和Dinsmore先生通话吗?
Ah, this is Bree Van de Kamp.
我是Bree Van De Kamp,
Yes, it's nice to talk to you, too.
很高兴和你谈话,
Well, as I'm sure you're aware your company has made several offers to purchase mine.
make offers: 报价 purchase: 购买
您肯定了解您的公司多次出价要收购我的公司,
Yes, I know I said I wasn't interested,
当时我说不感兴趣,
but some things have happened in my personal life and I think I'm ready to...
不过我的私人原因,我准备...
finally make a deal.
这么做了。
Really? Well, that's wonderful.
真的? 太好了。
Why don't you, uh, come to my office tomorrow and we'll talk?
你明天来我办公室,我们面谈好吗?
Good-bye, Mr. Dinsmore.
再见,Dinsmore先生。
-Edie: There you go. The rest is yours.
好了,剩下的都是你的。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Thanks. I don't know what it is.
谢谢,我搞不懂怎么了。
Every time I go to the market, there's stuff I forget.
每次去超市,我都忘买东西。
-Edie: I know what it is. You're old.
我知道为什么,你老啦。
-Mrs. McCluskey: So where's Dave?
Dave去哪了?
-Edie: Camping.
camping: 露营
野营了。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Ooh, camping. How fun.
野营,太有意思了。
Enjoying the great outdoors, getting a bunch of teenage kids on prom weekend.
outdoors: 露天,户外 bunch: 一群 prom: [美国口语](中学生或大学生学年结束时举行的)班级舞会
享受户外生活,像青少年一样疯狂。
Good for him.
他挺会享受嘛。
-Edie: Look, I know that you think he's some creepy psycho.
creepy: (使人)毛骨悚然的 psycho: 精神病患者
我知道,你觉得他是怪异的神经病。
But you should know that he has had a very hard life,
但他曾生活很艰难。
and there are things about him that you don't understand.
他经历的事你无法理解的。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Like what?
比如呢?
-Edie: Like he was married before and his wife died in an accident along with their 3-year-old daughter.
die in: 死于 along with: 和…一起
他以前结过婚,妻子和3岁女儿死于车祸。
-Mrs McCluskey: Oh, Edie. Are you sure?
Edie 你确定吗?
-Edie: Yes.
是的。
So if at times his behavior seems a little strange,
behavior: 行为 strange: 奇怪的
所以如果有时他举止怪异。
try to remember the grief he's carrying.
grief: 悲痛 carry: 承载,负担
请试着了解他的伤痛。
-Mrs. McCluskey: You know, I lost a kid.
我也失去过孩子。
It does things to you.
对人影响很大。
No wonder he...
更不用说他...
Oh, god, I wish I'd known.
老天,要是我早知道就好了。
-Edie: Well, you do now.
你现在知道了。
So next time try to be a little more understanding.
下次试着理解他吧。
-Mrs. McCluskey: Of course.
当然的。
You know, I could use a drink.
我想喝一杯,
Come to my house and we'll crank up Dean Martin and...
crank: 用曲柄启动或转动
来我家,听听Dean Martin的老歌...
toss a few back. Come on.
toss: 摇荡
找点乐子,来吧。
-Andrew: Mom?
老妈?
-Bree: Oh, Andrew. I didn't hear you come in.
Andrew 我没听到你进来了。
-Andrew: That Dinsmore guy is waiting for you downstairs.
Dinsmore先生在楼下等您。
-Bree: Thank you, dear.
谢谢你。
-Dinsmore guy: I must say, Bree. I was surprised to get your call.
我得说 Bree 接到你电话时我很震惊。
-Mr. Dinsmore: You've always said you'd never sell your company.
你总说永远不会变卖公司。
-Orson: Bree has decided she wants more family time.
Bree决定多花时间与家人共处。
She's a very traditional woman, you know.
traditional: 传统的
她是个传统女人。
It's one of the reasons I fell in love with her.
所以我才爱她。
-Mr. Dinsmore: Does that mean you're going to stop working altogether?
这表示你们都不再工作了?
I know your fans have been hoping for a second book, uh, my wife included.
include: 包括
书迷们都期待你的第二本书,包括我妻子。
-Bree: That's sweet, but I've decided to focus on other pursuits at the moment.
focus on: 专注于 pursuit: 事业
很感激,不过我决定做点其他事。
-Orson: Mm, yes, her sole ambition now is to be Mrs. Orson Hodge.
sole: 单一的 ambition: 志向
她现在的目标是做好Orson Hodge太太。
And at the risk of sounding selfish, I'm glad I'll be the only one she's cooking for.
at the risk of: 冒着…的危险 sounding: 听上去堂皇的 selfish: 自私的
冒着被称自私鬼的危险说一句,我很乐意独自品尝她的手艺。
-Mr. Dinsmore: Were you able to look over the contracts I sent over?
contract: 合同
你们看过合同了吗?
-Bree: Oh, shoot. I left them upstairs.
shoot: 糟糕
我忘在楼上了。
-Orson: Well, I'll get them.
我去拿。
I'll show you the offices before we start the demolition.
demolition: 破坏,毁坏
拆除办公室前我带您参观一次。
-Andrew: You're getting rid of your office?
get rid of: 舍弃,丢弃
你连办公室都不要了?
-Orson: No, we don't need it anymore, and Bree knows I've always wanted a game room.
不需要办公室了,Bree知道我一直想要个游戏室。
-Andrew: So it's your "sole ambition" to be Mrs. Orson Hodge?
这就是你现在的"唯一壮志" 专职做Orson Hodge太太?
-Bree: Andrew.
Andrew。
-Andrew: No, I…I have to ask.
不,我必须问。
Why are you letting Orson sell your company?
你为何允许Orson变卖你的公司?
-Bree: It was my idea.
那是我的主意。
My work has been compromising my marriage.
compromise: 妥协,让步
我的工作已经影响到婚姻了。
I didn't realize the toll it's been taking on Orson.
toll: 代价
以前没意识到Orson做了多大牺牲。
-Andrew: Okay, so he's unhappy.
他过得不开心。
Buy him some golf clubs, put him on lithium,
lithium: 锂
让他参加高尔夫俱乐部,给他充充电,
but don't give up everything you've worked so hard for.
give up: 放弃
不要放弃你多年努力的成果。
-Bree: Andrew, do you know why my book sold so well?
Andrew 你知道为何我的书那么畅销?
Because it was authentic.
authentic: 可靠的,可信的,真实的
因为它句句真实。
I actually believe in the old-fashioned values I wrote about.
old-fashioned: 传统的 value: 价值,重要性
我相信书中所写的传统价值观,
I believe in men opening doors for ladies, and children respecting their elders.
respect: 尊重,尊敬
我相信男人为女人开门,儿童尊敬长辈,
I also believe that sometimes women need to make sacrifices for their husbands.
sacrifice: 牺牲
我也认为女人需要为丈夫作牺牲。
I would be the worst kind ofhopliteif I preached these values and then didn't follow them myself.
hoplite: 古代希腊的重装备步兵 preach: 讲道,说教
如果我宣传这种价值观,而自己做不到,那将是最糟的榜样。
-Andrew: Okay, I get it.
我知道了。
You love Orson, and you're willing to sell your company to prove it.
你爱Orson 你通过变卖公司来证明。
What I'm wondering is, is if he loves you,
我考虑的是如果他爱你。
why would he want you to stop doing what makes you happy?
为何他要阻止你做让自己快乐的事?
-Lynette: You busy?
你忙吗?
-Lucy: What is it?
什么事?
-Lynette: I brought you a little gift.
我给你带了个小礼物,
-Lucy: Cute.
挺可爱。
-Lynette: I thought it would be a nice addition to your collection.
addition: 增加,附加物 collection: 收藏
我想这会为你的收藏品锦上添花。
-Lucy: I knew it was you.
我就知道是你。
-Lynette: Pardon?
抱歉?
-Lucy: You're the one who complained about me to Carlos.
complain: 抱怨
就是你向Carlos抱怨我。
-Lynette: I'm...not sure what you're talking about.
我...不知道你在说什么。
-Lucy: Oh, Jeez.
拜托。
What, you knife me in the back, and now you're gonna play stupid?
knife: [美国口语]秘密攻击;用阴险手段陷害(或击败) play: 假装 stupid: 愚蠢的
你在我背后捅一刀,现在又装傻?
Carlos said some people are having problems with me and that I should watch my demeanor.
demeanor: 行为(态度,举止)
Carlos说有的人对我不满,让我注意行为举止,
And I thought to myself, who are "some people"?
我扪心自问 "有的人"究竟是谁?
And then it hit me…, it's the chummy neighbor.
hit: 偶然发现 chummy: 亲密的
忽然之间我明白了... 不就是那个老邻居嘛!
-Lynette: Okay, yes, Carlos and I spoke briefly, but I thought he blew me off.
briefly: 简短地 blow off: [美国俚语]撒手不管;躲避,回避【这里理解为“打发某人”】
我和Carlos的确聊了几句,而且他不同意我的看法。
-Lucy: So that's your defense?
defense: 辩护
这是你的辩词?
You thought your backstabbing was unsuccessful?
backstab: 暗算
一次失败的暗算?
-Lynette: Well, I'll admit it's kind of flimsy, but, until I got something better...
admit: 承认 flimsy: 无价值的,不足的,不足信的,无效的
的确很失败,除非我更占理...
-Lucy: Okay, next time you have an issue with me, you know where my office is.
下次你对我有意见直接告诉我。
Oh, and, uh, as far as Friday nights are concerned...
as far as…be concerned: 就…而言
还有,周五晚上...
consider that a permanent work night.
permanent: 固定的
定为固定工作时间。
Don't worry.
别担心,
If you're as bad at coaching as you are at office politics, your daughter won't be missing much.
office politics: 官场晋升术
若你的训练水平像办公室耍手段一样糟,你也教不好女儿篮球的。
-Orson: Found the contract.
合同找到了。
Everything is in order.
be in order: 符合议程,符合议事规则
一切顺利。
-Mr. Dinsmore: All we need now is your signature.
signature:签字
只需要你的签字。
-Bree: Mr. Dinsmore, would you mind if I speak to my husband for a moment?
Dinsmore先生,我能和丈夫单独说几句吗?
-Mr. Dinsmore: Oh, yeah, please, go ahead. I'll--I'll be right outside.
好的,我在外面等。
-Orson: What's wrong?
怎么了?
-Bree: This is happening so fast.
一切发生太快了。
-Orson: Yes, a bit.
是的。
But it was your idea.
但这是你的主意。
-Bree: Well, I have a new idea.
我有个新想法。
I'd like to wait.
我想再等等。
-Orson: Wait?
再等?
But-I need this for my recovery.
recovery: 治愈
我需要这个,为了我的治疗。
-Bree: Just give me one year.
再给我一年。
That's not asking too much, is it?
这不是过分的请求,对吗?
-Orson: You made me a promise.
promise: 承诺
你答应过我了。
You need to stick to it.
stick to: 坚持
你得坚守承诺。
-Bree: Orson, think about how I built this company from nothing,
Orson 想想我白手起家,建立公司。
how it brings me joy and pride, and a sense of accomplishment.
sense: 感觉 accomplishment: 成就
想想它带给我的快乐荣耀和成就感,
Is that really something you want me to give up?
give up: 放弃
你真的想让我放弃吗?
-Orson: Yes.
是的。
-Bree: Mr. Dinsmore, would you come back in, please?
Dinsmore先生,请进吧。
-Mr. Dinsmore: So are we ready?
准备好了吗?
-Bree: Actually, no.
事实上没有。
I'm not selling.
我不卖了。
-Mr. Dinsmore: Excuse me?
什么?
-Bree: Tell your wife I will be doing that second book after all.
告诉你妻子我会出第二本书的。
-Mr. Dinsmore: Well, I'm--I'm sorry to hear that.
很遗憾听到这消息。
-Orson: Bree...what about my problem?
Bree...我的问题怎么办?
I might start stealing again.
我可能还会偷窃的。
-Bree: Steal what you must, my love.
想偷就偷吧,我的爱人。
But it won't be my company.
但你偷不走我的公司。
-Katherine: Look at him.
看看他,
He's out like a light already.
这么快就睡熟了,
-Dave: That's what a long day of fishing does to you.
fishing: 钓鱼
漫长的垂钓累坏他了。
-Katherine: Yeah, well, he's gonna need all of his energy for our big hike tomorrow, right?
energy: 能量 hike: 徒步旅行
他需要恢复体力,为明日的徒步旅行储备能量对吧?
-Dave: Actually, I don't think I'm gonna go with you guys.
其实,我觉得我明天去不了了。
My knee's been kind of bothering me.
knee : 膝盖 bother: 苦恼,困扰
我的膝盖折磨死我了。
-Katherine: Okay, well, then why don't we wait till the next day and see how you feel?
那我们再等一天,看你情况如何?
-Dave: No, no, it's fine.
不必,没事。
I'm just gonna hang out here.
hang out: 闲逛
我就呆在这。
Besides, it's such a romantic hike.
另外,多浪漫的徒步旅行,
You guys should do it alone.
你们享受二人世界吧。
-Katherine: You always have such a good attitude.
attitude: 态度
你的人生态度总那么好。
-Dave: Do I?
真的吗?
-Katherine: It seems like you take everything in stride, you know?
in stride: 泰然自若地 stride: 大步向前
你从容处理所有的事。
Like you just naturally find the silver lining.
naturally: 自然地 sliver ling: (不幸或失望中的)一线希望 sliver: 银色的 lining: 边
你天生的...总看到一线希望。
-Dave: Yeah, I wish it were natural.
我希望这是天生的。
I had to teach myself to be this way.
其实这是我后天自学的。
With some of the stuff that's happened to me. I never would've survived if I hadn't.
survive: 存活
生命中那么多打击,如果不乐观,就没法活下去。
-Katherine: So what's your secret?
那你有什么秘密呢?
-Dave: Oh, I realized that...
我意识到...
I was waiting for somebody to fix things.
我在等待某人弥补一切,
But no one was going to.
但没人愿意。
It was all up to me.
全都取决于我自己。
I had to decide what was important and go after it.
go after: 追求
我得决定目标,朝它努力。
I had to make myself happy.
让我自己开心起来。
-Katherine: Are you?
那你...
happy.
开心吗?
-Dave: I'm getting there.
快了。
Why don't you get some sleep?
你去睡觉吧。
You got a big day tomorrow.
明天会很累呢。
-Carlos: Come on, Lucy. Why would you agree to this meeting?
拜托 Lucy 你为什么同意这次会面?
Well, we're overextended as it is.
extend: 延伸
我们的盘子铺太大了。
fine.
好吧。
Yeah, I'll see you at the conference room at 7:00 A.M.
明早7点会议室见。
-Gaby: Hi there.
嗨你。
-Carlos: Hey, babe.
嘿宝贝。
What are you doing up?
你在干嘛?
-Gaby: I couldn't sleep.
我睡不着。
I was a little hot.
好热哦。
That's better.
这下好多了。
You look a little warm yourself.
你好像也有点升温嘛。
-Carlos: Okay, I know where you're going with this.
我知道你想干嘛。
-Gaby: Oh, if that were true, your pants would be around your ankles right now.
ankle: 脚裸
是嘛,那你的内裤早该褪到脚踝了。
-Carlos: Gaby, what are you doing?
Gaby 你在干嘛呢?
-Gaby: I'm releasing the horny teen inside of you.
释放你内心的饥渴。
now come on. Two boobs, no waiting.
来吧,我的美胸,你还等什么。
-Carlos: Damn it, Gaby, I thought we were gonna wait till the weekend.
见鬼,Gaby.说好要等到周末再做的。
I'm tired.
我累死了。
-Gaby: Not my problem.
和我无关。
-Carlos: Actually, it is!
事实上和你有关!
You know, if big Carlos is tired, that pretty much rules out little Carlos, too.
rule out: 否认,不承认
如果我累了,我的小弟弟也兴奋不起来。
-Gaby: Now listen up, the pair of you.
你和你的小弟弟听好了,
I haven't been sitting around in butt floss all night for my health.
butt: 臀部 floss: 丝棉,丝线
为了健康着想,我可不是整晚都穿这种性感内衣的,
You're putting out.
现在穿上了,你们要负责。
That's more like it!
这才象话嘛!
-Carlos: Well, I'm awake now.
我现在升旗了。
In fact...
事实上...
mind if we spice it up a bit?
spice up: [口语]使更加快乐(或活跃);使更有趣味【eg: A piece of impromptu spiced up the concert. 一段即兴曲使音乐会更活跃了。】 spice: 香料,情趣
要不要来点刺激的?
-Gaby: I forgot these were in the nightstand.
nightstand: 床头几
我都忘了床头柜里还有这玩意儿,
This is gonna be fun.
肯定会很有趣哦
-Carlos: There. How's that?
好了,觉怎么样?
-Gaby: Tight, just the way I like it.
很紧,就喜欢这样。
-Carlos: Me too.
我也喜欢。
Good night.
晚安。
-Gaby: Carlos, here you going?
Carlos 你去哪儿?
-Carlos: To go grab a few hours sleep before I have to get back to work.
乘上班前赶紧睡上几小时。
-Gaby: Carlos, et back here!
Carlos 给我回来!
Carlos!
Carlos!
Could you at least scratch my nose?
scratch: 抓,挠
起码先帮我挠挠鼻子吧?
-Susan: Amy, hat is very sweet.
Amy 画得真好啊,
I love the colors you used.
我好喜欢你用的颜色哦。
Oh, Danielle, hat is just beautiful.
Danielle 太漂亮了,
Evan, hat is very pretty.
Evan 画得真好看啊,
You did the assignment just like I asked. Good job!
你按我的要求画了,样的!
-Evan: That's not mine.
那不是我的。
Annie asked me to bring hers up for her.
Annie让我帮她把画带上来。
This one's mine.
这张才是我的。
Fairview man won't be charged in accident that killed two
charge: 控告
"车祸导致两人死亡,景镇男子无罪获释"
I know everything come home now, Edie
我什么都知道了赶紧回家 Edie。
-Dave: I heard a gunshot.
我听到一声枪响。
It sounded like a hunting rifle.
rifle: 来福枪
听起来象是猎枪。
-Mike: Yeah, t almost hit Katherine.
是啊,差点打中Katherine。
-Dave: You guys all right?
你们还好吧?
-Katherine: Yeah, I think so.
还好。
-Mike: Hey, This is a state park. People aren't supposed to be hunting here.
be supposed to: 应该
这可是国家公园,禁止打猎的。
-Dave: Well, I guess these guys don't care about that.
我猜,大家才不管这些。
-Katherine: I just wanna get out of here. Please?
我想离开这地方。行吗?
-Mike: Yeah, of course. We'll, uh, go back and pack, and we'll leave.
当然我们回去收拾一下就走。
Well, sorry, man.
很遗憾伙计。
-Dave: Me, too.
我也遗憾。
-Gaby: Sorry about last night, I love you, Carlos
昨晚真抱歉,我爱你,Carlos。
Juanita! Celia! Get your coats on!
Juanita! Celia! 把衣服穿上!
We're going to see daddy.
我们去见爸爸。
-Karl: Let me see it.
让我看看那画。
-Susan: Okay, just so you know should be bringing this to the psychologist.
你该知道我应该把它交给心理顾问的。
But I didn't, because this kind of self-expression usually gets a kid expelled.
self-expression: 自我表现,个性表现 expel: 退学
但我没交,因为这种"表达自我"的画会让他退学。
-Karl: Just let me see it.
先让我看看。
Aw, hell.
见鬼。
-Susan: Yeah, "aw, hell."
是啊 "见鬼"。
You got a problem here, Karl.
你有麻烦了,Karl。
Your son's got some serious anger issues, and you need to figure out what's going on.
serious: 严重的,可怕的 anger: 愤怒 issue: 问题 figure out: 弄清楚
你儿子有严重的怨恨问题,你得弄清楚到底是怎么回事。
-Karl: I know what's going on.
我知道怎么回事。
This is his mom.
画的是他妈。
-Susan: Marisa?
Marisa?
Well, why would he draw a picture of her like this?
他为什么要把她画成这样?
-Karl: She left us...six weeks ago.
她离开了我们,就在六个礼拜前。
-Susan: Karl...
Karl...
-Karl: I woke up one day to find her standing there with her bags packed.
pack: 把…打包
有天早晨我醒来,发现她收拾好了东西。
She said she was overwhelmed that she loved Evan, but she wasn't cut out to be a mother.
overwhelmed: 受打击,压倒 be cut out to do sth.: 生来就是做…的料
她说她受不了了,她爱Evan 但她不是做妈的料。
-Susan: So she just left?
所以她就这么一走了之?
-Karl: So here I am alone raising this boy.
raise: 抚养
所以我就成了这样独自一人照顾他。
And it's obvious I'm not doing a very good job.
显然我把他照顾得不怎么样。
you must be loving this.
看到我这样你一定高兴死了。
-Susan: Why?
为什么?
-Karl: Because I did the exact same thing to you.
exact: 确切的,正好的
因为我之前就是这么对你的。
-Susan: Yeah.
是啊。
-Karl: You know, I can understand why you react the way you do when you bump into me, why it bothers you.
react: 反应 bump into: [美国口语]偶然碰上,偶然遇上,不期而遇 bother: 使烦扰,使困扰
我总算明白那天遇见我你为什么是那种反应,那么不愿见我。
I never really got it until just now.
我刚刚才明白的。
-Susan: I used to hope that one day you would know what this feel like, and now that you do...
我以前希望有一天你能尝尝这种感觉,现在愿望成真了...
I'm so sorry.
我却感觉很遗憾。
-Gaby: Hey, Lynette!
嘿 Lynette!
Great office.
办公室真赞啊。
I see you're busy. Don't let me disturb you.
disturb: 打扰
我知道你忙,希望不会打扰到你。
I just wanted to drop off the girls, so I could talk to Carlos for a sec.
drop off: 把…放下,把…放在某处
我把女儿先放你这儿,我要去和Carlos谈一谈。
All right, girls, have fun with aunt Lynette.
好的,姑娘们,和Lynette好好玩哦。
You think you can buy me off with presents?
你以为买双鞋就没事了?
-Carlos: Gaby, now is not a good time.
Gaby 现在不方便谈。
-Gaby: Well, I'd say let's talk about it tonight, but, who knows if you're even gonna come home?
gonna=going to: 将要
我是希望可以今晚好好谈谈,但谁知道你回不回家呢?
-Carlos: Damn it, Gaby.
该死 Gaby。
You're the one that pushed me take this job.
push: 逼迫,催逼
是你一开始逼我接受这份工作的。
And ever since I did all you've done is complain about how hard I'm working.
complain about: 抱怨,发牢骚
等我真接受了,你却一直抱怨我工作如何如何努力了。
-Gaby: You're right, and I'm sorry.
你说得没错,我很抱歉。
It's just...
只是...
I'm scared.
scared: 害怕的
我害怕了。
We're turning into what we used to be.
turn into: 变成
我们又回到了老样子。
I'm unhappy at home, you're always working, trying to buy me off with presents,
buy off: 收买
我在家闷闷不乐,而你永远是忙工作用礼物来打发我了事。
too tired to make me feel loved.
忙得让我没有被爱的感觉。
We've made these mistakes before, Carlos.
这些错我们都犯过 Carlos。
For god sakes, let's not make them again.
看在上帝的份上,我们不要再犯同样的错了。
-Carlos: I made a commitment here, Gaby.
commitment: 承诺
我向公司许过承诺的,Gaby。
I don't think I can just bail.
bail: 退缩
不能撒手不管啊。
-Gaby: I know you can't, and that's the part that really scares me.
我知道你不能,正是这点让我害怕。
-Juanita: We're bored.
没劲死了。
-Lynette: Hey, I got you sodas, didn't I?
soda: 汽水,苏打
我给你们拿了汽水,不是吗?
And I let you feed the paper shredder.
shredder: 碎纸机
还让你们玩了碎纸机。
-Juanita: Don't you have any toys?
你就没啥玩具吗?
-Lynette: No. I got a hole puncher.
puncher: 打孔机
没有,我有个打孔机。
Sorry. That's the best I could do.
不好意思,我只能做到这份上了。
Come on.
来吧。
-Juanita: What about those glass things?
那些玻璃小玩意儿呢?
They're pretty.
它们好漂亮哦。
Can I hold one?
能给我一个吗?
-Lynette: Oh, sweetie, those aren't to play with not unless you wanna see someone go completely bonkers.
bonkers: 抓狂者
亲爱的,这些不是用来玩的,除非你们想看某人抓狂。
Actually, they do look like a lot of fun.
事实上它们看起来确实很好玩哦。
If only I had the power to stop you...
可是我怎么能拦住你们呢...
-Lucy: What the hell are you doing?
见鬼,你们在干嘛?
-Juanita: We're playing. What does it look like?
我们在玩,你看不出来啊?
-Lucy: Are these your kids?
是你的小孩吗?
because they were in my office playing with my figurines which are imported.
import: 进口
他们可是在办公室里玩我那些进口的小雕像。
They're worth a lot of dinero.
dinero: <美口>钱
它们值很多钱的。
do you even understand what I'm saying?
你明白我在说什么吗?
-Carlos: What's with the yelling?
yell: 吼叫
她嚷什么啊?
-Lynette: I don't know.
不知道。
I'm just as worried as you are.
我和你们一样担心。
-Lucy: Look, let me boil it down for you.
boil down: (被)简缩;使缩短,简化;(被)归结 boil: 煮沸
好,我跟你说说清楚。
Office?
这是办公室。
Yes?
知道不?
Day care?
day care: 日托
托儿所?
No!
想都别想!
-Carlos: Lucy, what's going on?
Lucy发生什么事了?
-Lucy: Apparently, some people don't understand that this is a place of business,
apparently: 明显的
很显然,有些人就是不知道这是办公场所。
and they need to keep their kids at home!
他们应该把孩子放在家!
-Carlos: Then I guess you should yell at me.
那你应该对我嚷。
These are my kids.
是我的孩子。
-Gaby: Come here, sweetie.
来吧亲爱的。
-Lucy: I, uh, I didn't know that.
我不知道。
I-I thought they were hers because they're...
我以为是她的,因为她们(是拉美裔)...
could you just go?
你能走开吗?
I'm sorry.
不好意思。
-Carlos: So what if they were?
如果是她的小孩呢?
That's the way you talk to people?
你就是这样和别人说话的?
-Lucy: I said I'm sorry.
我说过不好意思了。
Look, I-I am trying so hard to make this deal happen.
我一直在为这笔生意努力。
I guess the stress is just getting to me.
stress: 压力
可能是压力太大了。
-Carlos: It's getting all of us.
大家压力都大。
Maybe it's a sign we should change the way we do things around here.
或许这就表明我们应该换个工作方式。
-Lucy: We are trying to play with the big boys, Carlos.
我们的对手非常强大Carlos。
Now is not the time to pull back.
pull back: 撤回;退却;中途退缩
现在可不能前功尽弃啊。
Don't you want this company to succeed?
你不想公司蒸蒸日上吗?
-Carlos: I wanna build a company that treats its people well
build: 建立
我想要一个人性化的公司。
and lets them go home at night to see their families.
员工们能晚上回家和家人团聚。
-Lucy: Look, I know I don't have the greatest beside manner.
我知道我态度不好。
But you hired me to take this company to number one.
但是你请我来把公司创办为一流企业。
Now if you don't want to do that, I'm probably not your girl.
如果你不想那么做,那或许我不是你的那杯茶。
-Carlos: I was just thinking the same thing.
我也是这么想的。
-Lucy: What happened to you?
你到底怎么了?
The old Carlos would do anything to be the best.
从前的Carlos不惜一切力争最好。
-Carlos: I guess I'm not the old Carlos anymore.
我不再是从前的Carlos了。
-Lucy: Fine.
好。
-Lynette: Don't forget your little animals!
别忘了把你的小动物们带走哦!
-Bree: Orson, please come upstairs.
Orson 请你上楼来吧。
I know what that couch does to your back.
couch: 沙发
我知道沙发会让你的背不舒服。
-Orson: Don't worry about me.
别担心。
I'll be fine.
我没事的。
-Bree: Know you're disappointed right now,
disappointed: 失望的
我知道你现在很失望。
but you have to know, I really do want to find some way for you to be happy.
但你得知道我真的想找个法子让你开心起来。
-Orson: So do I.
我也是。
-Mike: Hey, don't you want your stuff?
不拿上你的东西了?
-Dave: Oh, can I get it tomorrow?
我能明天再来拿吗?
I just really want to get home.
我得马上回家。
Edie?
Edie?
-Edie: I always wondered why you were so determined to live on Wisteria lane.
determined: 坚决的,坚定的
我一直不知道你为什么一定要住到紫藤巷来。
You said you thought we'd be happy here, and I wanted to believe you.
你说我们在这儿能幸福生活,我就选择相信了你。
But it turned out that you...
结果却是...
just wanted to be close to Mike Delfino.
你就是想接近Mike Delfino。
-Dave: Who gave you that?
谁给你的剪报?
-Edie: Nobody gave it to me.
没人给我,
I did research.
是我自己做了些调查。
You think I'm too stupid to do research?
你以为我会笨到不做任何调查?
-Dave: Edie, listen. This doesn't mean anything.
Edie 听着,这不能说明什么。
-Edie: It's all there…the accident, Mike's acquittal, and even a little mention of how...
acquittal: 开释,释放
上面都写着呢,车祸,Mike被宣判无罪,甚至还提到了...
David Dash couldn't make it to the funeral because he had a nervous breakdown.
funeral: 葬礼 breakdown: 精神崩溃
David Dash不能出席葬礼,因为他精神崩溃。
-Dave: Honey, look.
亲爱的,
Just give me a chance to explain.
explain: 解释
给我个解释的机会。
-Edie: Oh, so now you want to explain?
现在你想解释了?
okay, why don't you start by explaining why you married me?
好啊,要不先解释一下和我结婚的原因吧?
-Dave: I married you because I love you.
我和你结婚是因为我爱你。
-Edie: No!
不是的!
You married me because you needed a cover story
cover story: (间谍的)掩护身份;托词,借口
你和我结婚是因为你要个幌子。
so you could get close to the man who killed your family.
借着这个幌子你就能接近杀死家人的凶手。
-Dave: That's ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒谬的
真是荒谬。
-Edie: Yeah, it's insane.
insane: 疯狂的
是啊,很疯狂。
But that's why you did it.
但这就是你的动机。
So what are you gonna do now?
你现在打算怎么做?
You gonna hurt him?
伤害他?
I mean...you know, that's the only logical explanation.
logical: 合乎逻辑的
我是说...这是唯一的合理解释。
And my only question is...
我唯一不懂的是...
what the hell have you been waiting for?
你干嘛等了这么长时间?
-Dave: Honey, you're not feeling well.
亲爱的,你现在身体不适,
Let's get you upstairs into bed.
我陪你上楼躺下吧。
-Edie: Tell me the truth, you freak.
freak: 怪人
告诉我真相,你这个疯子。
Did you move us here to hurt Mike Delfino?
你让我们搬到这儿来,是不是就是为了伤害Mike Delfino?
-Dave: He destroyed...everything I ever loved,
destroy: 破坏,毁坏
他毁了...我挚爱的一切。
and he was never punished.
punish: 惩罚
却没有受到任何惩治。
I need to make things right.
我想纠正这个错误。
-Edie: why?
为什么?
Why did you have to do this?
为什么非要这么做?
we could've been so happy.
我们本来可以好幸福。
-Dave: What are you doing?
你要干什么?
-Edie: I'm gonna tell him before you...
我要告诉他,免得你...
before you do something stupid.
免得你做什么傻事。
-Dave: Edie,don't.
Edie 不要打
give me that.
把电话给我
no!
不要啊!
-Alan: Get out of here!
滚出去!
Just get the hell out!
给我滚!
I'm calling the police!
我要报警了!
Do you hear me?
你听见没?
-Mary Alice: Yes, life is full of nasty shocks.
nasty: 险恶的,恶意的
是啊,生活充满了可恶的撞击。
And they always seem occur when we least expect them.
occur: 发生
总是在意想不到的时刻来临。
and once our system has been jolted the question becomes ,will we survive?
system: 系统 jolt: 使震动,使摇动 survive: 生存,生还
一旦我们的生活被打乱,问题随之而来,我们能幸免于难吗?
词汇解析:Serena Lee 校对:Cici



评 论


