看绝望的主妇学英语 Desperate Housewives 第五季 24集:If It's Only in Your Head
Previously on Desperate Housewives...
前情提要
-Mary Alice: The first thing Lila Dash thought about that fateful morning was her husband Dave.
fateful: 毁灭性的,带来灾难的
那个噩运将至的早晨,Lila Dash想到的第一个人是她的丈夫Dave。
It occurred to her she should buy him a new tie.
occur: 发生
她想给她买条新领带,
She thought of her husband again that afternoon
她那天下午又想到了她的丈夫,
and decided she would make him something special for dinner.
decide: 决定 special: 特别的
并决定为他做些特别的早餐。
That night, Lila once again thought about her husband.
那天晚上Lisa又想起了她的丈夫。
And she asked herself what she had done to deserve someone so wonderful.
deserve: 值得 wonderful: 【口语】极好的
她自问有什么造化能遇上这样贴心的人
-Dave: Hey, you. What are you thinking about?
think about: 考虑
你在想什么呢?
-Lila: Nothing.
没有。
So what do you say we all go out for ice cream?
go out: 出去,外出 ice cream: 冰淇淋
我们去吃冰淇淋怎么样?
-Dave: Oh, I'd love to, but I brought work home.
bring work home【把工作带回家做】
我真想去,但还有工作要做。
-Lila: Again?
又有工作?
-Dave: I know. I'm so boring.
boring: 令人厌烦的
我知道我扫兴。
Hey, why don't you two go?
要你和孩子去?
-Lila: No. We'll all go tomorrow.
不,我们仨明天一块儿去。
-Dave: Now how can you make this face wait a whole day for ice cream?
whole: 整个的
你怎么忍心让宝贝儿等上一天呢?
Look sad. Yeah.
sad: 伤心的
伤心点。没错。
-Lila: Oh, fine. I'll take her now.
好吧,我带她去。
Come on, sweetie.
来吧,宝贝。
-Dave: Hey, how about tomorrow night, I'll leave my briefcase at the office,
briefcase: 公文包 office: 办公室
明晚我什么工作也不带回家。
and we do something special, just the three of us?
special: 特别的
就我们三个来点特别活动?
-Lila: It's a date.
date: 约定
就这么定了。
-Mary Alice: But there would be no tomorrows for Lila and Paige Dash.
但是对Lila和Paige Dash来说不会有明天了
Because that was the night they crashed…into Susan and Mike Delfino.
crash into: 撞到
因为她们那晚出了车祸,撞上了Susan和Mike Delfino。
The last thing Lila Dash thought about before she died was her husband Dave.
Lisa Dash临死前想到的最后一件事也是她丈夫Dave。
She wonder what her death would do to him.
wonder: 想知道 death: 死亡
她想知道她的死会给他造成多严重的影响。
Luckily for Lila, she would never know.
luckily: 幸运地
对Lila而言幸运的是,她再也不会知道了。
There was wedding recently at Fairview Presbyterian church.
wedding: 婚礼 recently: 最近 Presbyterian church: 【基督教】长老会
最近在Fairview的基督教堂有一场婚礼,
The minister spoke about the nature of marriage.
minister: 【天主教】教长 speak: 吟诵 nature: 本质 marriage: 婚姻
神父宣读完婚宴的宣言,
and said what all ministers say to conclude such matters.
conclude: 作结论 matter: 事件
然后说了所有神父用来总结婚礼时都要说的一句。
-Minister: You may now kiss the bride.
bride: 新娘
你可以吻新娘了。
-Mary Alice: It was then the church bells began to ring.
bell: 钟 ring: 响
然后教堂的钟声会想起
telling brides-to-be everywhere their turn was next.
bride-to-be: 准新娘 turn: (权利、义务或机会等的依次轮流的)名分,(顺)次
他告诉其他的准新娘下一个就是她们了。
-Katherine: Hello, groom.
groom: 新郎
嗨,新郎。
Guess what? I called the hotel told them we were getting married.
guess: 猜 hotel: 酒店
我打电话给酒店说我们是新婚夫妇。
They promised to upgrade us to a suite and have champagne on ice.
promise: 承诺 upgrade: 提高品质 suite: 套房 champagne: 香槟
他们承诺给我们升级为套房还有冰镇香槟。
Isn't that terrific?
terrific: 极好的
这多棒,不是吗?
-Mike: Yeah. Yeah, that's great.
是啊,真是太棒了。
-Katherine: Wow, I hope you can muster up a little more enthusiasm for the "I dos."
muster up: 鼓起 enthusiasm:热情
但愿你在说"我愿意"时能更热情点。
-Mike: I'm sorry. I'm just thinking about Susan and M.J.
抱歉,我只是担心Susan和MJ。
-Katherine: Why?
怎么了?
-Mike: Well, when they left, I just got a weird vibe from Dave.
weird: 怪异的 vibe: 氛围
他们走的时候我觉得Dave有点不对劲。
-Katherine: Dave always gives off a weird vibe. That's just Dave.
give off: 散发出
Dave总是怪怪的,他就是那样。
-Mike: No, I-I think I should call them.
不行,我得打个电话。
-Katherine: Or maybe you should get our bags in the car so we don't miss our flight?
miss: 错过 flight: 航班
也许你该把行李拿到车上?我们才不会误了飞机。
Because if we miss our flight, we’re going to miss our wedding day,
要是误了飞机,我们就会误了婚礼。
and if we miss our wedding day, we’re gonna miss our wedding night.
要是婚礼都泡汤了洞房花烛夜就没了。
-Mike: Yeah, you're right.
没错。
I'm probably worried about nothing. I'll load the car.
worry about: 担心 load: 装载
我杞人忧天了,我去搬行李。
-Katherine: Uh, we need to stop at the store. I have to get videotape for the camera.
videotape: 录像磁带 camera: 摄像机
我们还得去趟商店买录影带。
-Mike: Oh, I got some old ones in the desk. Just grab one. We'll record over it.
desk: 书桌 grab: 抓取
书桌里有旧的录影带随便拿一个录就行。
-Gabrielle: She’s two blocks away. She’ll be here any second.
block: 街区
她离这儿两个街区,很快就到。
-Carlos: Great. Are you nervous?
nervous: 紧张的
很好。你紧张吗?
-Gabrielle: Why would I be nervous?
我为什么要紧张?
-Carlos: Well, you're about to have a teenager in the house.
be about to: 即将 teenager: 13岁到19岁的年轻人
从此家里多个青少年。
-Gabrielle: Well, I didn't say I wasn't sedated.
sedated: 镇静的
我可没坐立不安。
-Carlos: Yeah, I'm a little freaked out, too.
freak out: 吓坏了
我是有点不安。
But we're doing the right thing.
我们做的是好事。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, when I think about everything that little girl's been through...
是啊,想到这女孩儿的遭遇...
her dad walked out, her mother's in jail, the way she bounced from relative to relative--
walk out: 走出去 jail: 监狱 bounce from: 从…撵出(或驱逐) bounce: 跳;不断变换住处 relative: 亲戚
父亲离家出走,母亲坐牢被亲戚们像皮球一样推来推去,
I just want this to be the end of the line for her.
the end of line【终点】
到我们家为止吧。
-Carlos: Me, too.
我也这么想。
-Juanita:Mommy, here comes the taxi!
妈妈,有出租车来了!
-Carlos: I wonder if she'll even remember me.
wonder: 想知道
不知道她还记得我不。
-Gabrielle: Oh, I doubt it. You haven't seen her since she was 6.
doubt: 怀疑
难说,从6岁起就没见过了。
-Carlos: Yeah, and when she was little, I used to spend a lot of time with her and her dad before he left.
used to do: 过去常常做
她小时候,在他父亲离家出走前我常和他们父女俩在一起。
I remember taking her on the swings at the park.
swing: 秋千
我记得带她在公园荡秋千。
I remember buying her ice cream.
给她买冰淇淋。
I remember giving her piggyback rides.
piggyback: 骑在肩(背)上的
让她骑高高。
I don't remember that.
这个我真不记得。
-Karl:You told him about the divorce?
divorce: 离婚
你跟他挑明离婚了?
-Bree: I had to. He found the storage unit.
have to: 不得不 storage unit: 仓库
我没得选择,他找到仓库了。
He wanted an explanation.
explanation: 解释
他追问原因。
I was in such a state of shock, I couldn't think of anything else to say.
state of shock: 处于震惊中 state: 情形,情况 think of: 想到
我吓坏了,不知道还能说什么。
-Karl:Bree, this isn't good.
Bree 这可不好。
-Bree: You have no idea.
你不知道。
Now he's saying if I try to divorce him, he can go to the police and report me.
report: 告发
他说要是我跟他离婚他就去警察局告发我。
-Karl:Report you? For what?
告发你? 告什么?
Filing a false insurance claim.
file: 申请 false: 假的 insurance claim: 保险索赔
骗保险金。
-Bree: He's the one who filed it, but he's gonna say that I told him to.
本来是他申报的盗窃险但他会说是我指使的。
-Karl:Oh, crap.
crap: 屎
混蛋。
-Bree: I told him I don't love him. He said he doesn't care.
我告诉他我不爱他了,他说他不在乎。
He wants us to work on our marriage.
work on: 致力于 marriage:婚姻
他要我俩修复婚姻。
-Karl:Well, clearly, the guy's a little crazy.
clearly: 明显地 crazy: 疯狂的
很明显他神精有点问题了。
-Bree: A little? The man put chives in my Parisian salad!
chive: 细香葱 Parisian: 巴黎式的
何止一点?他居然在巴黎式沙拉里放葱!
He should be in a straightjacket!
straightjacket:(给疯人或犯人穿的)约束衣,(喻)约束物
他该被关进精神病院!
-Karl:Okay, calm down.
calm down: 平静下来
冷静。
This isn't the end of the world.
the end of the world: 世界末日
事情没有那么糟。
-Bree: Isn't it? I'm being blackmailed by a man I'm starting to despise,
blackmail: 勒索 despise: 鄙视
还不糟吗?我被一个我鄙视的人勒索。
and if I don't pretend to love him, he can have me arrested.
pretend: 假装 arrest: 逮捕
要是我不假装还爱他他就把我送进监狱。
-Karl:Bree... I don't want you to worry about this.
Bree...别担心。
We're gonna think of something.
总会有办法的。
-Bree: What can we think of? He's holding all the cards.
hold all the cards : 有把握,掌握整个局势【card有妙计的意思,因此有很多相关的词组,例如 a card up one's sleeve 秘而不宣的计划;(暗中)留着备用的锦囊妙计,该词组在剧中也出现过】
什么办法? 他抓着我的小辫子。
-Karl:Trust me. No one ever holds all the cards.
trust: 相信
相信我,没人能一直这么猖狂下去。
-Tom: Lynette, get down here!
get down: 下来
Lynette 快下来!
-Lynette: What’s going on?
怎么了?
-Tom: I just get off the phone with the university.
get off:【美国口语】讲(话) university: 大学
我刚和学校通过电话。
I'm in!
我考上了!
-Lynette: Really? You pass the test?
pass: 通过
真的?你考试通过率?!
-Tom: Not only did I pass the test, your genius husband scored in the top 5%,
genius: 天才的 score: 得分
不仅过了你的天才老公居然还还排在前5%。
drunk out of his mind!
out of mind: 心不在焉
考试时还是醉醺醺的!
Which, by the way, I am not condoning... ever.
by the way: 顺便说 condone: 宽恕,原谅
说到醉酒考试,这是不可原谅的。
-Preston: Congrats, dad!
congrats:【复数形式】(口语)祝贺,恭喜
祝贺你,老爸!
-Tom: Thank you, baby.
谢谢宝贝。
I can help you study if you want.
你愿意的话我可以帮你补习。
I'm not sure how much help you're gonna be.
不知道你能帮得上忙不。
I'm majoring in Chinese.
major in: 主修
我的专业是中文。
-Preston: I know how to say "take me to a strip bar" in mandarin.
strip: 脱衣 bar: 酒吧 mandarin: 国语
我知道用中文怎么说"带我去脱衣舞夜店"。
-Lynette: I'm so proud. Porter, aren't you gonna congratulate your father?
proud: 自豪的
我为你自豪,Porter你不祝贺你爸?
-Porter: Congratulations on ruining my life.
ruin: 毁坏
祝贺你搅乱我的生活。
If you see me on campus, you're not allowed to talk to me.
campus: 校园 allow: 允许
要是你在学校里遇见我不准和我说话。
-Lynette: Okay, that's everyone.
好了,每个人都祝贺了。
-Tom: This calls for hot fudge sundaes. Everybody... in the car!
call for: 需要 fudge: 软糖 sundae: 冰淇淋圣代
热巧克力圣代我请客大家上车!
You coming?
你不一块儿去?
-Lynette: Uh, I'm gonna make a quick phone call and I'll be right out.
我打个电话,马上来。
This is Lynette scavo.
我是Lynette Scavo。
May I please speak to Dr. Rushton?
能请Rushton医生接电话吗?
Tell him it's important.
important: 重要的
有要紧事。
Dr. Rushton, I need to come in and see you as soon as possible.
come in: 到来 as soon as possible: 尽快
Rushton医生,我得尽快跟你约诊。
I think the cancer's back.
cancer: 癌症
我觉得我的癌症又复发了。
-MJ: Mommy, can I have a juice box?
juice: 果汁
妈妈,我能喝果汁吗?
-Susan: Oh, sweetie. You just had one,
宝贝儿,你刚喝过。
and we don't want to have to stop ten times so you can go to the bathroom.
bathroom: 厕所
我们可不想一直停车让你上厕所。
-MJ: I miss diapers.
diaper: 尿布
真怀念尿不湿啊。
-Susan: Oh, the joys of being a parent.
joy: 欢乐。喜悦
这就是父母的快乐啊。
-Dave: Yeah, I remember.
是啊,我记得。
-Susan: You do?
真的?
-Dave: I had a little girl. She died.
我有过一个女儿。她死了。
-Susan: Oh, my god. I... I-I had no idea. I'm so sorry.
have no idea: 不知道
天啊,我不知道,真抱歉。
-Dave: That's okay. I'm learning to deal with it.
deal with: 处理
没事,我正学着面对现实。
-Roberta: I can't believe Edie gave you a key.
我不信Edie给过你钥匙。
-Karen: Why not? She trusted me.
不行吗? 她信任我。
And I only used it when I was out of milk or bread... or cash.
out of: 没有 bread: 面包 cash: 现金
我用这把钥匙只是来找吃的...或现金。
Okay, look for anything that could tie Dave to Dr. Heller.
tie to: 把…联系起来
找一切能把Dave和Heller医生联系起来的线索。
Look through his files, his papers, even his trash.
look through: 审核 file: 档案 paper: 文件 trash: 垃圾桶
翻他的档案、文件、垃圾桶也别放过。
Roberta, what are you doing? We’re trying to catch a murderer.
murderer: 杀人犯
Roberta 你干什么?我们是来找凶手的。
-Roberta: I know, but before I get to the bottom of that, I'd like to get to the bottom of this.
get to the bottom of: 弄清…的真相
我知道,在找到凶手之前我想先喝它个底朝天。
Oh, look!
看啊!
muscle relaxers--score!
muscle: 肌肉 relaxer: 松弛剂 score: 成功的获得
肌肉松弛剂,发财了!
-Karen: Put that back! They're not yours.
快放回去,那不是你的东西。
-Roberta: Yeah, apparently, they're not his either. Who's David dash?
apparent: 明显的
没错,但显然也不是他的,谁是David Dash?
-Police: Mr. Williams? It's the police.
Williams先生?我们是警察。
-Karen, Roberta: Oh, cheese it!
cheese it: 快逃走,快溜;当心;别出来【窃贼黑话】
天啊!
-Police: We need to ask you a few questions.
我们想问你几个问题。
-Karen: Please tell me you doesn't have anything illegal on you.
illegal: 非法的
但愿你身上没有违法物品。
-Roberta: I do, but it's hidden.
hide: 藏
当然有,但藏起来了。
And if they find it, we got a lawsuit.
lawsuit: 诉讼
要是他们发现了,我们要吃官司的。
-Police: Ladies?
女士们?
Open up, please.
请开门。
-Orson: Uh, hi there.
嗨,你好啊。
Can I help you?
有什么能帮忙的吗?
-Hatchet Man: I hope so. Are you Orson Hodge?
希望如此,你是Orson Hodge吗?
-Orson: Yes, I am. You are…?
是我,你是?
-Hatchet Man: Do you want me to let go?
let go: 松开。放手
要我放手吗?
There, I let go.
瞧见没,我放手了。
Now you gotta do the same.
那现在你也要放手。
-Orson: I don't know what you mean.
我不明白你什么意思。
-Hatchet Man: Oh, I think you do, and I am dead serious. If you don't let go...
dead: 完全地 serious: 严肃的
你当然明白,我说一不二要是你不放手。
next time, neither will I.
下次我也不放手。
-Gabrielle: Brought you a laundry basket.
laundry: 洗衣 basket: 篮子
给你买了个洗衣篮。
You need me to show you how to use the washer?
washer: 洗涤机
要我教你怎么用洗衣机吗?
It's my clever way of saying you're gonna be doing your own laundry.
clever: 聪明的 laundry: 要洗的衣物
我的意思是自己的衣服自己洗。
-Ana: Okay.
好。
-Gabrielle: You know, the girls have chores, too.
chore: 家务杂事
我的女儿们也要做家务。
It's how we teach them responsibility.
responsibility: 责任感
要教她们什么是责任。
Speaking of which, uh...
speak of: 说到
说到这个。
Curfew’s 10:00, 11:00 on weekends.
curfew: 宵禁
每晚10点前必须回来,周末11点。
Is that seems reasonable?
reasonable: 合理的
你觉得合理吗?
-Ana: Sure, no problem.
当然,没问题。
-Gabrielle: This teenager thing isn't so bad.
还不错嘛。
-Ana: So what are my other chores?
还有其他什么家务活吗?
-Gabrielle: Oh, well, not to push my luck,
push my luck: 在很有利的形势下作多余的冒险(期望好运持续)
我不是得了便宜又卖乖哈。
but I was thinking you could sweep the front porch and take care of the guest bathroom.
sweep: 打扫 front porch: 前门 take care of: 照看
你打扫前门和客房厕所吧。
-Ana: You got it.
好。
-Gabrielle: Oh, that's a pretty dress.
pretty: 漂亮的
裙子真漂亮。
Oh, my god, it's Versace!
Versace: 范思哲
是范思哲的!
-Ana: Yeah. It's all right.
还行吧。
-Gabrielle: All right?
还行?
Young lady, if you live under my roof, you will not disparage Versace.
under one’s roof: 在某人家里 roof:【比喻】住房;家 disparage: 蔑视
小姑娘要想住这个家里就不准这么不拿范思哲当回事
-Ana: Sorry.
不好意思。
-Gabrielle: No, I'm just kidding. It was a joke.
kid: 开玩笑 joke: 玩笑
开玩笑呢,我说笑的。
-Ana: Oh, funny.
真好笑。
Well, I guess I'm gonna get started on my laundry.
start on: 开始做(某事)
我要洗衣服了。
-Gabrielle: Vera Wang! Where are you getting all these dresses?
Vera Wang: 王薇薇【在明星们各种时装的背后,有一群全球顶级的时装设计师,华裔女设计师王薇薇(Vera Wang)就是其中的一个。尽管很多中国人不知道王薇薇这个名字,但在美国,她却是一个响当当的著名时装设计师】
Vera Wang! 你怎么会有这些裙子?
-Ana: They were gifts. You know, from boyfriends.
gift: 礼物
都是男朋友们送的礼物。
-Gabrielle: Boyfriends? How many do you have?
男朋友们? 你有多少个男朋友?
-Ana: Not as many as I used to. I had to make some cutbacks.
cutback: 减少,削减
比过去少了很多我也要削减数量嘛。
-Gabrielle: Yeah, the economy has hit us all.
economy: 经济情况 hit: 使遭受(苦难等);袭击
是啊,经济危机对大家都有影响。
So... what kind of boyfriends can afford things like this?
afford: 供应得起
那么...什么样的男朋友出手这么大方?
-Ana: They're college guys with rich parents who can pay for everything.
rich: 富有的 pay for: 付款
大学里有钱人家的公子哥什么都买得起。
And so... they give you designer clothes, and you give them...
designer clothes: (由著名设计师设计的)名牌服装 designer: 设计师
他们给你买名牌服装你给他们...
-Ana: The pleasure of my company.
pleasure: 高兴,愉快 company: 陪伴,陪同
陪他们开心。
-Gabrielle: Yeah. Okay, well...
好吧...
don't take this the wrong way, but that's not exactly from the Versace virgin line.
virgin line【可以理解为最初的流水线,virgin: 处女;首次的 line: 生产线,流水线】
别误会,但范思哲可不是这么容易到手的。
-Ana: I don't have to do anything.
我什么也不用做。
They just have to think I might.
只是让他们认为我会做而已。
-Gabrielle: Uh-huh and how long do you think that will last?
last: 持续
能骗得了他们多久?
-Ana: Till 10:00, 11:00 on the weekends.
晚上10:00 周末11:00。
Just kidding. It was a joke.
开玩笑啦。
-Gabrielle: Funny.
好好笑。
-Bree: Are you all right?
你还好吗?
What happened to your shirt?
你衬衫怎么了?
-Orson: Why don't you ask your friend?
干嘛不去问你的朋友?
The one you hired to assault me.
assault: 袭击
你雇来袭击我的朋友。
-Bree: You were assaulted?
你被袭击了?
-Orson: He uh... grabbed me by the throat, threw me to the ground and told me to "let go."
grab: 抓住 throat: 喉咙 throw: 扔 ground: 地面
他掐着我的脖子,把我摁倒在地让我"放手"。
Your message came through loud and clear.
message: 信息 come through: 体现;看上去 loud: 大声的 clear: 清楚的
你要说的说得很清楚了。
-Bree: I had nothing to do with that.
跟我没关系。
-Orson: Please. Who else would have done it?
少来。还能有谁?
-Bree: I don't know.
不知道。
But I swear to you, we may have our differences, but I would never hire someone to attack you.
difference:【常用复数】(观点、意见的)分歧,不和 swear: 发誓 attack: 攻击
我向你起誓,虽然我们有分歧但我绝不会找人来打你。
You have to believe me.
你要相信我。
-Orson: I do.
我相信。
Forgive me.
forgive: 原谅
原谅我。
I should've known you could never hurt me.
我应该知道你不可能伤害我的。
I'll stay.
我不走了。
-Bree: What?
什么?
-Orson: Once I've unpacked, I’ll bring you my shirt so you can mend it.
unpack: 卸下 mend: 修补
收拾好东西后,我就把衬衫拿来让你补。
-Carlos: We're just running to the store, Ana. We'll be back in a bit.
in a bit: 一会儿,短时间
我们去商店 Ana,一会儿就回来。
-Ana: Okay. I’ll sweep the porch while you're gone.
porch: 门廊
好,你们走后,我来清扫门廊。
-Gabrielle: And if you don't mind, will you make sure Juanita and Celia do their chores, too?
make sure: 确保
如果不介意,你能监督Juanita和Celia也做完家务吗?
-Ana: Sure thing.
没问题。
-Carlos: I got the rest, babe.
其它我来拿,宝贝。
-Gabrielle: All right, I’ll see you inside.
好,进屋见。
-Ana: Oh, you're back.
你回来啦。
-Gabrielle: Oh, my god.
天哪。
Ana, the houses so clean.
Ana 房子好干净哦。
-Ana: Just wanted to do my part.
do my part: 尽自己职责(尽自己本分,尽自己一份力量)
只是做好份内的事。
-Gabrielle: Well, how did you get everything down so quickly?
你怎么能这么快搞定一切?
-Preston: We finished upstairs, Ana. Anything else you need done?
upstairs: 楼上
楼上打扫完了 Ana。还有其他事不?
-Ana: They wanted to hang out, but I had chores to do, so they insisted on helping me.
hang out: 出去玩 chore: 家务 insist on doing: 坚持做
他们想一起玩,我要做家务他们就坚持要帮我。
Aren't they sweet?
是不是很贴心?
-Penny: Hey, um, I'm not bragging and I don't recommend it,
brag: 吹牛 recommend: 推荐
不是我吹牛,虽然我不建议这么做。
but you could so eat out of your downstairs toilet.
eat out: 吃光
但你们楼下洗手间干净得可以吃了。
-Gabrielle: Okay, boys, thanks for your hard work, but maybe it's time to go home and take a shower...
take a shower: 洗澡
小伙子们,谢谢你们的辛勤工作但你们该回家洗澡了。
Preferably a cold one.
preferably: 较好
最好是冷水澡(让你们别鬼迷了心窍)。
-Ana: Bye, Preston.
拜 Preston。
-Porter: I'm Porter.
我是Porter。
-Preston: I'm Preston
我是Preston。
-Penny: Oh, you can call me whatever you want.
我的名字随你叫啦。
-Gabrielle: All right.
行了。
-Juanita:Mommy, it was so cool.
妈咪,真酷啊。
Ana got the boys to do my chores, too.
Ana让他们把我的活也做了。
-Gabrielle: Did she?
是吗?
-Juanita:I wanna learn how to make boys do stuff.
do(或strut) one's stuff : 做指定的工作,干分内的事
我好想知道如何支使男生哦。
Can you teach me?
你能教我吗?
-Gabrielle: Uh, okay, Juanita, go to your room.
好了 Juanita,回房间。
And don't come out until you're 18.
18岁前不许出来。
-Ana: Is something wrong?
有什么不对吗?
-Gabrielle: Ana, the whole point of chores is that you do them.
point: 目的,意图
Ana 做家务的意义在于亲自做,
You don't bat your eyes and call rent-a-horny-kid.
bat eyes: 抛媚眼 horny: 性饥渴
而不是抛媚眼让那些饥渴的小子来做。
-Ana: The house is clean.
房子干净了。
What do you care how it got that way?
你干嘛那么在意方式方法?
-Gabrielle: I care about the message it sends to my little girls,
care about: 在意
我是在意它给女儿带来的影响,
and I'm starting to care a little bit about your tone.
tone: 语气
而且也开始有点在意你的说话方式。
-Ana: Oh, I'm sorry.
不好意思哦。
How do you like your housekeepers to speak to you?
housekeeper: 女管家
你希望佣人怎么和你说话?
-Gabrielle: And the teenager has finally arrived.
arrive: 到来
问题少女终于现形了。
Ana, listen.
Ana 听着,
We want you to be part of this family.
我们希望你成为这个家的一份子。
We will love you and support you and take care of you,
support: 支持
我们会爱护支持照顾你。
But in exchange, you will show us a little bit of respect and obey our rules,
in exchange: 作为交换 show: 展现 respect: 尊敬,尊重 obey: 遵守 rule: 规矩
反过来,你要尊重我们,遵守我们的规矩。
which means doing your own chores, no boys in the house and no more gifts from men.
也就是说,你自己做家务不再让男生上门,不再接受他们的礼物。
-Ana: I get it now.
我知道了。
You're jealous.
jealous: 嫉妒
你是在嫉妒。
-Gabrielle: Of what?
嫉妒什么?
-Ana: Of me.
嫉妒我啊。
You're not young anymore. You can't get guys to do things for you,
你不再年轻,再也不能让男人为你做事。
and that drives you crazy.
drive: 迫使 crazy: 疯狂的
你很抓狂。
-Gabrielle: You wanna see crazy?
你想尝尝啥叫"抓狂"?
Make one more statement like that, and I am throwing your ass out on the street.
statement: 陈述 ass: 屁股
你再说这样的话,我就把你扫地出门。
You care to test me?
test: 考验
要不要试试?
-Carlos: Ana? What's wrong?
Ana?怎么了?
-Ana: I don't know what I did.
我不知道自己做错什么了。
She wants to kick me out.
kick out: 逐出
她要把我赶出去。
-Carlos: So she had a couple boys come over and do her chores.
come over: 过来
她就找了几个男生来做家务。
You've been doing stuff like that your whole life.
你一直也是这么做的。
-Gabrielle: That's not the point! You didn’t hear the way she talked to me!
那不是重点!你没听到她和我说话的口气。
-Carlos: I don't care!
我不管!
You don't tell a kid who's been bounced around her whole life that you're gonna throw her out on the street!
对于流离失所的孩子你不能说"扫地出门"这种话。
-Gabrielle: I didn't tell her that! I just...
我没那么说! 我只是...
kind of threatened to.
kind of: 有点 threaten: 威胁
有些迫于无奈。
-Carlos: Bottom line--she is my niece, and she is not going anywhere.
bottom line: 底线【前面也有一个关于bottom的词组,get to the bottom of: 弄清…的真相】 niece: 侄女
底线是,她是我的侄女她就待在这个家哪也不去。
You're the adult, Gaby. Start acting like it.
adult: 成年人
你是成年人了 Gaby 成熟点吧。
-Karen: I know this looks bad, but we did what we did for a good reason.
我知道这事说不过去但我们这么做是有正当理由的。
-Police A: Ma'am, you can't break into a person's house for any reason.
break into: 闯入
夫人,私闯住宅不可能有正当理由。
-Roberta: Uh, what if there's a baby inside and there's a fire?
如果火灾时屋里有婴儿呢?
See? Everything's not all cut and dry, is it, rookie?
cut and dry: 内定的,预料中的 rookie: 新手;菜鸟
瞧,凡事都不是绝对的,是不是,菜鸟?
-Karen: Roberta, don't piss him off.
piss sb off: 惹某人生气
Roberta 别惹毛他。
You can't take a club to the head like you used to.
club: 棍棒
你再也不象过去那样受得了皮肉之苦了。
-Police B: Okay, I just got off the phone with Heller’s secretary.
secretary: 秘书
我刚和Heller的秘书打完电话。
David Dash was definitely a patient there.
definitely: 绝对地 patient: 病人
David Dash确实是那儿的病人。
Well, that’s why we couldn't make the match.
match: 相配的人(或物)
难怪我们没查证出来。
He changed his last name.
last name: 姓
他换了姓氏。
Mm-hmm, and get this.
还有这个,
He's the same guy whose wife and daughter were killed in that car crash up on Canterbury road.
car crash: 车祸
他的妻儿在坎特伯雷公路的车祸中死亡。
-Karen: Canterbury road! Remember that accident.
accident: 意外
坎特伯雷公路! 我记得那起车祸。
My neighbors Mike and Susan were in the car that hit them.
我的邻居Mike和Susan就是当时和她们相撞的。
-Roberta: Oh, wait. Now wait. Okay, that's weird.
等等,这就奇怪了。
I mean, why would Dave move onto the same street as the people who killed his family?
为什么Dave要搬来和杀死家人的凶手一起住?
-Nurse: The doctor has our results. He'll be here in a minute.
result: 结果 in a minute: 马上
医生已有检查结果了。他马上就来。
-Lynette: Do you know what they are?
你知道结果怎么样吗?
-Nurse: You'll need to talk to the doctor about that.
你还是和医生谈吧。
-Lynette: Come on. I know you know.
拜托,你肯定知道。
It's cancer again. Am I right?
cancer: 癌症
又是癌症,对不对?
-Nurse: I honestly don't know. Now please, he'll just be a moment.
honestly: 诚实的
我真的不知道,请稍等,他马上就来。
If it's cancer, and I find out you knew, I won't be dying alone.
find out: 发现 die: 死 alone: 单独地
如果是癌症,又让我知道你没告诉我我会拉着你一起死的。
- Dr. Rushton: Hello, Lynette.
你好 Lynette。
Well, I’m glad you came in we got the results back, and the test did pick something up.
test: 检查 pick up: 偶然找到
很高兴你能来,检查结果出来了确实检查出了点东西。
-Lynette: So it is the cancer.
这么说,是癌症。
Oh, god, I can't go through this again!
go through: 经受
天哪,我再也折腾不起了!
- Dr. Rushton: No, no, no. It's nothing like that.
不,不是那样。
You're pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
你怀孕了。
-Lynette: Excuse me?
什么?
- Dr. Rushton: About six weeks or so.
六周左右。
-Lynette: Are you sure it's not cancer?
你确定不是癌症吗?
-Mike: Okay, Susan.
好 Susan。
But when you're out on the boat, make sure you put on sunscreen.
put on: 抹上 sunscreen: 防晒霜
上船后,一定要抹防晒霜。
And on your feet, too.
脚上也要抹。
Remember our trip to Mexico?
Mexico: 墨西哥
还记得我们去墨西哥那次吗?
Okay, I'll talk to you guys later.
好,迟些再给你们打。
Everything's fine.
一切都好。
I don't know what I was worried about.
worry about: 担心
真不知道我在担心啥。
-Katherine: Are you sure you wanna do this?
你真想这样吗?
-Mike: Do what?
哪样?
-Katherine: Go to Vegas, get married.
Vegas: 维加斯
去拉斯维加斯结婚。
I mean, it is a whole weekend away from Susan.
这可是整个周末都不在Susan身边呵。
-Mike: Katherine, I told you. I just wanted to make sure M.J. was okay.
Katherine 我说过了我只是想确认MJ没事。
-Katherine: Why don't you just admit it?
admit: 承认
你为什么不承认?
You're still hung up on her.
hung up on: 迷恋于
你对她余情未了。
-Mike: Oh, for god sake, are we gonna do this again?
天哪,又提这个。
-Katherine: All I know is, it's our wedding day, and you were in a crappy mood until you talked to your ex-wife.
wedding: 婚礼 crappy:【俚语】令人厌恶的 mood: 心情,心境 ex-wife: 前妻
我只知道,在这个结婚的大喜日子你郁郁寡欢,直到和前妻通了电话。
-Mike: Katherine, I wouldn't be sitting here if I didn't want to marry you.
Katherine 如果不想结婚我不会坐这儿。
Okay?
好吗?
-Katherine: Really?
真的吗?
-Mike: Really.
真的。
Do I need to shout it out in the airport?
shout out: 喊出来 airport: 机场
是要我对着全机场喊出来吗?
-Katherine: You wouldn't do that?
你不会这么做的。
-Mike: I'll--I'll do whatever I need t to prove my love!
prove: 证明
做什么都行,只要能证明对你的爱意!
-Katherine: No, it’s okay!
好啦!
You convinced me.
convince: 说服
我相信了。
I am dying for a cappuccino.
die for: 渴望 cappuccino: 卡布其诺
我想来杯卡普齐诺。
You want one?
你愿意也来一杯吗?
-Mike: yeah, I do.
我愿意。
-Katherine: You said it. “I do."
你说了 "我愿意"。
Can’t take it back now.
take back: 收回
再也收不回去了哦。
-Dave: Should be allowed to just...
就这样...
walk away.
拍拍屁股走人。
I know some people will wonder why didn't I just kill Susan?
有人很想知道我为什么不直接杀了Susan?
But what good would that have done?
杀了她有什么用?
She'd be dead. There’d be no...suffering.
suffering: 痛苦
她死了,就不会有痛苦的感觉。
And to those of you who hate me because I took the life of an innocent, young boy, I say...
innocent: 无辜的
对于那些指责我杀害无辜小孩的人我想说...
-Mike: Katherine!
Katherine!
Excuse me. That woman I was with? Tell her I had to go. It’s an emergency.
emergency: 紧急情况
不好意思,告诉那个和我一起的女士我先走了,事出紧急。
-Woman: Oh, uh, your friend asked me to tell you he had to leave.
你的朋友要我告诉你,他得先走了。
-Katherine: What?
什么?
-Woman: He said to say he's sorry.
他说抱歉。
-Bree: What were you thinking?
你是怎么想的啊?
-Karl:First, tell me if it worked, then I'll tell you what I was thinking.
work: 奏效
首先说说是否奏效然后我再告诉你,我是怎么想的。
-Bree: Don't be glib.
glib: 油嘴滑舌的
别跟我油腔滑调。
Did you hire someone to attack Orson?
你是不是雇人袭击Orson?
-Karl:Yes.
是的。
-Bree: Are you insane? Your thug tried to strangle him.
insane: 神经错乱的 thug: 暴徒,恶棍 strangle: 勒死
你疯了吗? 那个恶棍要掐死他。
-Karl:If he had tried to strangle him, he’d be dead.
他如果真要掐死他,他早死了。
Look, Orson had the upper hand in this divorce. We needed to regain it.
have the upper hand: 占上风 regain: 夺回
现在Orson占上风,我们要夺回主动权。
-Bree: Not by resorting to physical violence.
resort: 诉诸,求助于 physical: 身体的 violence: 暴力
不是要借助武力。
I would never have given my permission for that.
permission: 许可
我根本不可能同意的。
-Karl:That's why I didn't ask you.
所以我没事先告诉你。
W-what's your beef here, Bree?
beef: 抱怨
你有什么不满啊,Bree?
-Bree: My beef is that from the minute walked into this office,
我不满的是从我第一次踏进这办公室起,
you have pulled me deeper and deeper into your moral cesspool.
pull: 使(罪行)付诸实施 deeper: 更深 moral: 道德的 cesspool: 污水池
你的那些肮脏手段就越玩越大。
That is not why I hired you.
hire: 雇用
我请你不是要你这样。
-Karl:Please. That is exactly why you hired me.
拜托,你请我就是要我这样。
Face it. You were tired of being a good girl.
be tired of: 厌倦
承认吧,你做够了淑女。
You knew it was time to play dirty.
play dirty: 使坏;用卑鄙手段
是时候玩阴的了。
-Bree: I wanted to protect what was mine.
protect: 保护
我只想保护我应有的。
You have turned into someone I don't recognize.
turn into: 变成 recognize: 认出
你都变得我认不出来了。
-Karl:And you've loved every minute of it.
但你乐在其中。
-Bree: No, I haven’t.
我才没有。
-Karl:Yes, you have! And so have I.
你有! 我也是。
Because the truth is, I think you're the most fascinating woman that I have ever met.
fascinating: 迷人的
事实是,你是我认识的最棒的女人。
-Bree: What?
什么?
Karl...if I have not been clear about how I feel about you,
Karl 如果之前没说清我对你的感觉。
I apologize for any ambiguity.
apologize for: 为…道歉 ambiguity: 模棱两可
让你产生误会,我道歉。
Understand this--I detest you.
detest: 厌恶
听好了,我鄙视你。
-Karl:No, you don’t.
不是的。
I can see it in your eyes.
我可以从你的眼神中看出。
You want me to walk over there and pull you up against me and kiss you until your knees buckle.
walk over: 走过 pull up: 拉起 knee: 膝盖 buckle: (尤指因受热、受压等影响而)弯曲;变形
你想让我走过去,抱紧你,吻你直到你双腿酥软。
-Bree: You're fired.
你被解雇了。
-Karl:Good. That keeps this from being a breach of ethics.
breach: 违反 ethics: 道德规范
太好了,这样就不违反职业道德了。
-Bree: My knees haven't buckled yet.
我的双腿还没酥软呢。
* She swallowed the spider to catch the fly *
spider: 蜘蛛 fly: 苍蝇
* 它吞了蜘蛛来逮苍蝇 *
* I don't know why she swa-- *
* 我不知道它... *
-Susan: Oh, it's your daddy. Hey, mike.
哦,是你爸爸。嘿,Mike。
-Mike: Hey, where are you? Are you with Dave?
嘿,你在哪呢? 和Dave在一起?
-Susan: Uh, yeah. We are in the car, singing.
呃,对,我们在车里唱歌呢
-Mike: All right, Susan, listen to me.
好的,Susan,听我说。
Do not react to what I'm about to tell you.
react to: 对…作反应
我说什么你都不要做反应。
-Susan: Wow, it sounds really-- -
哇噢,听起来真的…
-Mike: Susan
Susan!
Do you understand me?
你明白吗?
-Susan: Okay.
好的。
-Mike: Dave's real name is David dash.
Dave的真名叫David Dash。
He's the husband of the woman we killed in the accident.
他是在车祸中我们害死的女人的丈夫。
-Susan: Oh my god.
天哪。
-Mike: Don't react!
不要做反应!
Problem?
有什么事吗?
-Susan: That sucks.
suck:【俚语】糟糕
这很糟哦。
How could they cancel your flight?
cancel: 取消
他们怎么能取消掉你的航班呢?
-Mike: All right, you guys are in danger. Just get away from him.
in danger: 处于危险中 get away from: 远离
好的,你们很危险,快点远离他。
Go to a gas station, store...anyplace there's people.
gas station: 加油站
去加油站,商店...任何有人的地方。
I'm on my way.
我在路上。
-Susan: Right.
好的。
So how long do you think you'll be delayed?
delay: 耽搁
那你觉得你会耽误多久?
-Mike: Uh, I'm a half-hour from the lake. I’m calling the cops right now.
cop: 警察
呃,我离湖还有半小时车程我马上报警。
Just get away from him. Get out of that car and get away from Dave.
快远离他,从车里出来,远离Dave。
And you call me the second you do.
second: 秒
你离开以后马上打给我。
-Susan: well, I hope you get there soon.
好,希望你能尽快到达啦。
-Dave: Bumped his flight?
bump: 【口语】(航空公司)挤掉乘客预订的坐位,取代已预定的飞机座位;取消(尤指机票)
误机了?
Oh, what a drag.
drag: 惹人厌烦的食物
哦,好烦人啊。
Okay, from the top.
好的,从头开始。
* there was an old lady who swallowed a fly *
swallow: 吞
*曾有个老妇人吞掉一只苍蝇*
* I don't know why she swallowed the fly *
*不知道她为什么吞掉苍蝇*
* perhaps she'll die *
*可能她会死*
-Susan: Gosh, it feels like we've been driving forever.
天啊,好像要永远开下去一样。
Maybe we should stretch our legs.
stretch: 伸展
或许我们应该活动一下。
-Dave: Ah, we're almost there. Let’s keep going.
哦,我们快到了,接着开吧。
-Susan: Aren't you hungry, though? Maybe there's a restaurant up ahead.
hungry: 饥饿的 restaurant: 餐馆
你不饿吗? 前面可能有个餐馆。
-Dave: I really don't want to stop, Susan.
我真的不想停车 Susan。
-Susan: Okay. It’s no big deal.
no big deal: 没什么大不了
好吧,没什么大不了的。
-Tom: Hon!
哼!
Look what I got for college.
看大学给了我什么。
I got pens. I got notebooks.
有笔,有笔记本。
Ooh, I got an English to mandarin dictionary because you never know when you might need A...
dictionary: 字典
还有本英汉字典,你永远不知道什么时候会需要"公共汽车"。
Oh, and look at this.
哦,看这个。
Check it out.
check it out: 过来看看
看啊。
They're scented. You wanna smell grape?
scented: 有香味的 grape: 葡萄
他们有香味,你想闻闻葡萄味吗?
What? They’re...like candy.
candy: 糖果
怎么了? 很像...糖果。
-Lynette: I went to the doctor today.
今天我去医生那了。
-Tom: What’s wrong?
怎么了?
-Lynette: I'm pregnant.
我怀孕了。
-Tom: Pregnant?
怀孕了?
With a baby?
怀上孩子了?
-Lynette: How long have you been sniffing those markers?
sniff: 嗅
你闻那马克笔闻多久啦?
Of course with a baby.
of course: 当然
当然是孩子啦。
-Tom: But you can’t. I mean...
但你不能,我是说...
w-we can’t-we're old!
我们不能,我们都老啦!
-Lynette: Well, apparently, not old enough.
apparently: 显然地
很显然,还不够老。
-Tom: What am I gonna do about school?
我学校的事怎么办?
-Lynette: What am I gonna do about my job?
我工作的事怎么办?
-Tom: We’re gonna have another baby.
我们又有了个孩子。
-Lynette: Actually, I have an addendum to that.
addendum: 附加物
其实,我还有个附赠品。
-Tom: Please tell me you're about to recite the girl scout oath.
girl scout: 女童子军 oath: 宣誓
求你给我说你这是在童子军宣誓。
-Lynette: No, tom.
不,Tom。
We're having twins...again.
我们又有...双胞胎了。
-M.J: I have to go potty.
potty: (小孩,婴儿的)尿壶
我得去尿尿。
-Susan: Okay, sweetie.
好的宝贝
Do you mind pulling over at the next rest stop?
pull over: 靠边停
能在下一个休息站停一下吗?
-Dave: We're almost there, buddy. Can you hold it?
buddy: 伙伴 hold: 控制
我们快到了,小伙你就不能憋一下吗?
-M.J: No. I really have to go.
不行,真的憋不住了。
-Dave: Fine.
好的。
-Susan: Just hold on a few more minutes.
再忍几分钟。
here? He—he can't go here.
这? 他不能在这尿啊。
-Dave: Come on, M.J. Let's go.
来 MJ 走。
-Susan: Um, can't we find a gas station or maybe a diner?
我们就不能找个加油站或者餐馆吗?
-Dave: He's a big boy. He can use the bushes.
bush: 灌木丛
他够大了,能在草丛里尿了。
Okay. Here, M.J.
好的,来 MJ。
Don't go too far.
不要去太远啊。
Hello?
喂?
-Collins: Dave, detective Collins with the Fairview P.D.
detective: 侦探
Dave,美景郡警局的Collins探员。
We know everything.
我们都知道了。
-Dave: I-I'm sorry. What are you--
抱歉,你们...
-Collins: Heller, your wife, your child. All of it.
Heller、你妻子、你孩子、全部。
If you come in now, I’ll do everything I can to help you.
如果你来自首的话我会尽全力帮你的。
But let's end this before someone gets hurt.
但在有人受伤害之前,你停手吧。
-Susan: Keys. Keys...
钥匙,钥匙...
M.J., run!
MJ 跑!
Come on, honey! Let's run! Let's run!
来,宝贝! 快跑! 快跑!
-M.J: Why are we running?
我们为什么要跑?
-Susan: We're playing a game with Dave, okay?
我们在和Dave玩游戏,好吗?
So run as fast as you can.
跑的越快越好。
-M.J: Are you okay?
你还好吗?
-Susan: I'm fine.
我没事。
-Dave: Susan!
Susan!
M.J.!
MJ!
-Susan: Okay, listen.
好的,听着。
It's really important that you win this game.
在这游戏里获胜对你来说很重要。
So I want you to find a good hiding place,
所以我要你去找个好地方藏起来。
and even if you hear Dave, you don't come out no matter what, okay?
no matter: 不管
就算Dave在叫你,不论发生什么你都不能出来,好吗?
Okay?
好吗?
Don’t worry.
不用担心。
I'm gonna hide, too. Now go.
我也去藏起来,快去。
Go!
去!
-Dave: Where is he?
他去哪了?
You are not gonna mess this up!
mess up: 搞糟
不准你坏了我的大事!
We are too close to the finish line! Now call him!
finish line: 终点线
这一切快要结束了!快叫他出来!
Call him.
叫他。
-Susan: M.J.!
MJ!
Don't come out!
come out: 出来
不要出来!
-Dave: M.J.!
MJ!
You wanna go fishing, don’t you, buddy?
你想去钓鱼,对吧,伙计?
Well, if you don't come out now, we’re gonna get there too late!
你不出来的话,我们可要晚啦!
I'll let you drive the boat!
我让你划船哦!
Okay, if you don't come out right now, we’re gonna leave without you.
好的,如果你还不出来的话我们可就丢下你不管啦。
You don't wanna be in this scary graveyard after dark, do you?
scary: 骇人的 graveyard: 坟地 dark: 黑夜
你可不想在这恐怖的墓地过夜对吧?
All right, M.J., We're leaving!
好啦,MJ 我们要走了!
-M.J: Mommy, wake up.
wake up: 醒来
妈妈,醒醒。
I get to drive the boat.
我能划船了。
-Susan: Now keep the volume really high.
volume: 音量
把音量调高点。
You don't wanna hear all the boring grown-up talk.
grown-up: 成人的
你不会想听大人无聊的对话的。
-Dave: Buckle up.
buckle up: 系上
系上。
-Susan: What are you gonna do to us?
你要怎么对我们?
-Dave: Shut up.
shut up: 闭嘴
闭嘴。
I'm trying to think.
我在考虑。
-Susan: Dave, please...
Dave 求你了...
I'm so sorry about that accident.
那次事故真的很抱歉。
You don't wanna hurt M.J. Or me.
你不会想伤害MJ或我的。
You're a good person. I know you.
你是个好人,我知道。
-Dave: Don't analyze me.
analyze: 分析
别揣摩我。
The last guy who tried that didn't do so well.
上次试着这么做的人下场不是很好。
-Susan: Well, you won't get away with it.
你不会逃脱的。
Mike already called the cops. They're on their way.
Mike已经报警了,他们在来的路上。
-Dave: Enough!
够了!
-Mike: Susan?
Susan?
Where are you?
你在哪?
-Dave: Not up at the lake.
不在湖上。
You kind of screwed up my plans here, mike.
screw up: 搞砸
你差点毁了我的计划,Mike。
-Susan: Mike!
Mike!
-Dave: oh, and, uh, Susan says hello.
哦,呃,Susan给你问好。
-Mike: Okay, Dave, take it easy.
take it easy: 放松
好的,Dave 放轻松。
You want revenge?
revenge: 报仇
你想报仇?
Let Susan and M.J. go.
让Susan和MJ走。
Take me instead.
我来替他们。
-Dave: How does it feel, mike, to know that you can't save the people that you love?
这是什么感觉啊,Mike知道你不能救你所爱的人?
Hopeless?
hopeless: 绝望的
绝望?
Like your entire life has no meaning?
entire: 整个的 meaning: 意义
感觉你的人生没有了意义?
-Mike: Dave, please.
Dave,别。
I-I can't be that far behind you.
我落后你那么远。
I'm on route 12.
route: 道路(尤指公路)
我在12号公路。
-Dave: You're on route 12?
route: 路线
你在12号公路?
-Mike: Yeah.
是的。
Yeah, come on. You don't wanna hurt them.
别这样,你不想伤害他们的。
Let me be the one.
找我报仇吧。
-Dave: You're right.
你说对了。
You should be the one.
该死的人是你。
-Mike: So we've got a deal?
deal: 交易
说定了?
-Dave: If I see one cop car, they’re both dead.
我要看见有一辆警车,他们俩就死定了。
-Mike: No cops.
不会有警察的。
You just tell me where to meet you.
告诉我在哪里见你。
-Dave: Keep heading south.
head: 前进 south: 朝南地
往南开。
There's an abandoned gas station past the intersection of route 12 and Canterbury road.
abandoned: 废弃的 intersection: 交叉处
在坎特伯雷路和12号公路交叉处有个废弃的加油站。
-Susan: Canterbury road? That's where we...
坎特伯雷路? 那不是...
-Dave: yeah, it is.
没错,是的。
look familiar?
familiar: 熟悉的
这儿很眼熟吧?
-Susan: What are you gonna do to us?
你要怎么对我们?
Why did you bring us here?
为什么带我们到这里?
-Dave: I thought it would be poetic.
poetic: 诗意的
这样你们就死得很有诗意。
Mike should be here any minute.
Mike应该马上就会到了。
-Susan: Dave, please.
Dave 求你了。
Don't hurt mike. It wasn't his fault.
不要伤害Mike,不是他的错。
-Dave: No. It was your fault.
是啊,都是你的错。
But he wants to be the hero, so...
hero: 英雄
但他既然想来这里送死,那就...
get out.
下车。
-Susan: I'm not leaving M.J.
我不能离开MJ。
-Dave: M.J.'s coming.
MJ会去的。
I need to set you up first.
set up: 处理
我要先把你处置好。
Get out.
下车。
Now.
快。
-Susan: Try not to scare M.J. When you bring him here.
scare: 惊吓
你把MJ带到这里的时候,别吓着他。
-Dave: Actually, change of plans.
不好意思,计划有变。
-Susan: What?
什么?
-Dave: M.J.'S staying with me.
MJ要和我一起待着。
He and I are gonna pull into that intersection just as Mike comes barreling down that road.
pull into: 让车驶入 barrel:【美国俚语】高速行驶,高速开车
Mike开进这条路的时候他要和我冲出十字路口。
-Susan: Oh, my god.
天哪。
And you're gonna stay there and watch as Mike kills your child, just like you killed mine.
你要在这里眼睁睁地看着Mike撞死你的孩子,就像撞死我的孩子。
-Dave: I told you I was poetic.
我说了这很诗意。
-Susan: Dave, please. Please.
Dave 求你了,求你了。
I cannot imagine the pain you went through, but you can't do this.
imagine: 想象
我不知道你有多痛苦但你不能这么做。
You can't kill my little boy!
你不能杀死我的孩子!
-Dave: Shut up.
shut up: 住口
收声吧。
-Susan: What if your daughter could see you now?
要是你的女儿看见了该怎么办?
Is this how you'd want her to see you?
你就让她看你这个样子吗?
As a monster who could murder an innocent child?
monster: 恶人;野兽
一个滥杀无辜孩子的野兽?
-Dave: I'm not a monster.
我不是野兽。
-Susan: Dave! Dave!
Dave! Dave!
-Dave: You don't need that.
你不需要安全带了。
You're a big boy now.
你是个大孩子了。
-Susan: Mike! Stop! No! MJ!
Mike! 停下! 不! M.J.!
-M.J: Mama!
妈妈!
-Susan: Oh, god! Are you okay?
天哪,你还好吗?
-M.J: Dave told me to get out of the car.
Dave让我下车的。
-Susan: Mike.
Mike
-M.J: Daddy!
爸爸!
-Lila: So what do you say we all go out for ice cream?
要不我们一起去吃冰激凌吧?
-Dave: Oh, I'd love to, but I brought work home.
我好想去,但我得工作。
-Lila: Again?
又是这样?
-Dave: I know. I'm so boring.
boring: 无聊的
是啊,我真没用。
Hey, why don't you two go?
嘿,不如你们两个去吧?
-Lila: Oh, fine.
好吧。
I'll take her now.
我带她马上就去。
Come on, sweetie.
走吧,乖女。
-Dave: Wait.
等下。
Don't go.
别走。
We have marshmallows and chocolate.
marshmallow: 蜜饯 chocolate: 巧克力
我们有蜜饯和巧克力。
I can make some mousse.
我来做甜点。
Would you like that, my little princess?
princess: 公主
你喜欢吗,我的小公主?
-Dave’s daughter: Yeah!
好啊!
-Dave: Yeah.
耶。
-Lila: You sure?
真的?
You said you had work.
你不是说了要工作吗?
-Dave: It can wait.
等等再做。
I always have time for my girls.
我的时间为我的姑娘们而留。
I always have time for my girls.
我的时间为我的姑娘们而留。
-Mary Alice: There was wedding recently at Fairview Presbyterian church.
wedding: 婚礼 recently: 最近 Presbyterian church: 【基督教】长老会
最近在Fairview的基督教堂有一场婚礼,
The minister spoke about the nature of marriage.
minister: 【天主教】教长 speak: 吟诵 nature: 本质 marriage: 婚姻
神父宣读完婚宴的宣言,
The sublime joy of giving birth…
sublime: 崇高的 give birth: 生孩子
生孩子的崇高喜悦…
The immense pleasure of a raising a family…
immense: 巨大的 raise: 养育(子女)
赡养家庭的极度快乐…
The importance of fidelity…
fidelity: (对职责、义务等的)忠诚,忠实
忠诚的重要性…
and then he said what all ministers say to conclude such matters.
conclude: 作结论 matter: 事件
然后说了所有神父用来总结婚礼时都要说的一句。
You may now kiss the bride.
你现在可以亲吻新娘了。
For a moment, the groom wondered if he was doing the right thing.
在这一刻,新郎还在犹豫,他是不是该这么做。
That’s when the bells began to ring…
当钟声响起的时候…
Telling him he had right.
钟声告诉他他是对的。
词汇解析:Sally 校对:Cici



评 论


