看friends学英语 第四季 7集: The One Where Chandler Crosses Aline
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, everyone except Joey and Chandler are there eating breakfast.]
except: 除了…之外
-Chandler: (entering in a bathrobe) I just walked in the bathroom and saw Kathy naked! It was like torture!
bathrobe: 浴衣 naked: 裸露的 torture: 折磨
我刚才走进浴室,竟看见Kathy一丝不挂!! 简直是种折磨!
-Ross: Y'know if we ever go to war and you’re captured, you’re in for a big surprise.
war: 击败 打仗 be in for: 遭到 captured: 被俘获
如果你曾当过战俘,那你才会惊讶的知道什么叫"折磨"。
-Chandler: It just keeps getting worse and worse! Y'know?
keep doing: 继续做某事
情况越来越糟! !你知道么?
I mean it’s bad enough that I’m in love with my roommates girlfriend—which by the way, I think she knows.
roommate: 室友 by the way: 顺便说一下
我爱上了我室友的女朋友,这可太糟糕了!而且,我想她也知道。
Because every time we’re in the room together there’s this weird like energy between us.
weird: 奇怪的 energy: 能量
因为每次我们俩同处一室,在我俩之间总有种怪异的能量。
And call me crazy, but I think she likes me too. And now I have seen her naked.
更叫我疯狂的是,我想她也喜欢我。而且现在我更看见她的裸体了! !
I mean at least when I’ve seen her with clothes on, I could imagine her body was like covered in boles or something.
at least: 至少 imagine: 想象 bole: 树干
我是说,当我看见她穿着衣服的时候,我至少可以想象她身上覆盖着树皮之类的。
But there are no boiles, she’s smooth! Smooth! (leaves)
smooth: 光滑的
但是现在却没有树皮,她是光着身子的! 光着的!
(Pause)
pause: 暂停
-Phoebe: Wow! Could everyone totally see up his robe?
totally: 完全的 robe: 长袍
喔! 大家是不是都看见他浴袍下面的东西了?!
-All: Yeah! Oh my God!
Yeah! 我的天!
[Scene: Central Perk, Joey is getting a phone number from a woman (Casey) as Chandler watches from the doorway.]
doorway: 门口
-Casey: Here you go.
给你!
-Joey:Great! All right, so I’ll call you later.
好极了! 那么,我迟些打电话给你。
-Casey: Great! (leaves)
好的!
-Chandler: (rushing up) Hey-Hey-Hey! Who was that?
rush: 冲进来
Hey-Hey-Hey! 那是谁?
-Joey: That would be Casey. We’re going out tonight.
那是...Casey。我们今晚有约会。
-Chandler: Goin’ out, huh? Wow! Wow!
约会? 喔! 喔!
(Does a little celebration dance) So things didn’t work out with Kathy, huh? Bummer.
celebration: 庆祝 bummer: 令人不愉快不满意的事物
那么你和Kathy有什么不妥,嗯?无赖老兄。
-Joey: No, things are fine with Kathy. I’m having a late dinner with her tonight, right after my early dinner with Casey.
没有,我跟Kathy很好。我今晚和她有个迟点的晚餐。就在我和Casey的晚餐之后。
-Chandler:(shocked) What?
shocked: shock的过去式惊讶的
什么?
-Joey: Yeah-yeah. And the craziest thing is that I just ate a whole pizza by myself! (Laughs)
pizza: 匹萨
是的。是的。更夸张的是我刚刚一个人吃了一整个披萨!
-Chandler: Wait! You’re going out with Kathy!
等一下! 你要和Kathy约会!
-Joey: Yeah. Why are you getting so upset?
upset: 烦乱的
是的。你怎么变得颠三倒四的?
-Chandler: Well, I’m upset—for you. I mean,
喔,我颠三倒四?全是因为你。我是说,
having sex with an endless line of beautiful women must be very unfulfilling for you. (He can’t believe he just said that.)
endless: 无止境的 unfulfilling: unfill的现在进行时 不满足的
没完没了和各色美貌女子上床,恐怕很难满足你。
-Joey: What is the big deal? It’s not like we’re exclusive.
exclusive: 独有的
这有什么大不了的??又不是只有我们才这么干!
-Chandler: Look, Joey, Kathy is clearly not fulfilling your emotional needs.
emotional: 感情的 need: 需要
听着,Joey。Kathy很明显无法满足你的感情需求。
But Casey, I mean granted I only saw the back of her head, but I got this sense that she’s-she’s smart, and funny, and gets you.
granted: grant的过去式 承认 sense: 感觉 smart: 聪明的
但是Casey,老实说我只看到过她的后脑勺,但是我能感觉到她..她聪明、风趣而且很在乎你。
-Joey: You got all that from the back of her head?
你真能从后脑勺看出这么多东西?
-Chandler: All right look, I think it’s time for you to settle down. Y'know?
settle down: 安定下来
好吧,听着,我想你真的应该安定下来了。
Make a choice, pick a lane.
choice: 选择 lane: 小路
做个选择,选条道路。
-Joey: Who’s Elaine?
谁是" Elaine "?
[Scene: Monica and Rachel's, Ross and Monica are sitting on the couch playing cards, and Phoebe is working on a new song.]
couch: 沙发 play card: 打牌 work on: 继续工作 从事于
-Phoebe: (singing) "Little, tiny Tarzan, swinging on a nose hair. Swinging with the greatest of ease…"
tiny: 很小的 tarzan: 泰山(美国影片人猿泰山的主人公) swing: 摇摆 nose hair: 鼻毛ease: 缓和
Darn it! Now, I don’t know how to get to the next verse.
get to: 到达 转到 verse:音节
该死的!现在我不知道该怎么转到下一段。
-Ross: Oh, you could just go uh, "greatest of ease… (plays air guitar) BAH-bah-bha-bhannn." Then go right into it.
你只需要这样:"很悠闲呀,然后继续下去。
-Phoebe: Yeah, ooh, I like that! Yeah. Wait! How do you know about ‘bah-bah-bha-bhan?’
对呀,我喜欢!等一下,你是怎么知道的?
-Ross: Well umm, y’know, I used to play.
used to do sth: 过去常常做某事
呣,你知道,我过去也经常弹奏乐器。
-Phoebe: Oh yeah, that’s right, the keyboards, huh?
keyboard: 键盘
对了对了,是电子琴,呣?
-Ross: Yeah, just a little in high school, but then I really got into it in college.
get into: 进入陷入
对,我上高中的时候只是玩玩,到大学时就完全地沉迷其中了。
I mean that’s-that’s when I really found my sound.
found: find的过去式找到
我是说,我那是真的找到属于我的声音!
(Monica is taking a drink as Ross says that, laughs, and snorts her drink.)
as: 当…snort: 喷出
-Monica: Oh God! Orange juice just came out of my nose, but it was totally worth it.
juice: 果汁 worth: 值得
喔,天! 橙汁从我鼻子里出来了,但这也很值得。
Oh my God, I completely forgot about your sound.
completely: 完全地 forget: 忘记
喔,天! 我已完全忘记你的那种"声音"了。
-Ross: Yeah.
对。
-Monica: He used to lock himself in the basement for hours.
lock: 锁住 basement: 地下室
他过去常常把自己关在地下室好几个小时。
No one was ever allowed to hear, "The Sound."
allow to do: 允许做某事
不准任何人来听他的那种"声音"。
-Phoebe: I wanna hear "The Sound."
wanna: want to 想要
我想听那种"声音"。
-Ross: Really? No. I mean, nah, I haven’t played in so long, and-and, well it’s-it’s really personal stuff, y’know?
personal: 私人的 stuff: 东西
真的?喔,不,我已经好久没有弹过了,而且,这是很私人的东东,你明白?
-Phoebe: Come on, play that funky music white boy.
funky: 粗犷的爵士乐
来嘛! 演奏你那恐怖的音乐吧,"小孩"!
-Monica: Yeah!
是呀!
-Ross: No, you guys, I mean my keyboards are all the way up in—No, yeah, okay. (Runs out.)
run out: 跑开
不,我的电子琴早就在我那收起来了。噢,好吧,我去拿。
-Rachel: so Who wants to get dinner later?
谁待会要跟我吃饭?
I wanna try that new Italian restaurant.Supposed to be really good.
Italian: 意大利的 restaurant: 餐厅 suppose to do: 应该做某事
我想去那家意大利餐厅。应该很不错,
Saw a lot of Chinese people eating in there.
我看到里面有很多中国人。
-Monica: What are you talking about?
talk about: 谈论
你在说什么?
-Rachel: Remember that you said some restaurant must be good because Chinese people were eating there.
你常说某家餐厅一定很不错,里面有很多中国人。
-Monica: That's because it was a Chinese restaurant.
因为那是中国餐厅。
-Rachel: I still wanna go. Who wants to come?
我还是想去,谁要跟?
-Joey: Oh,I can't. l got two dinner dates tonight, so I gotta get ready.
gotta: got to 必须 get ready: 准备好
我不行,我晚上有两摊,所以我要去准备了。
-Rachel: All right, girls' night out.
好,就我们女生了。
-Monica: Sorry, but we have to prep that catering thing for tomorrow.
have to: 不得不 prep: 预备 catering: cater的现在进行时 备办食物
对不起,我们得准备明天的外烩。
-Rachel: Oh, that's right.I wish I could eat in restaurants alone.
alone: 一个人
也对,我就是不习惯一个人吃饭。
-Monica: You should try it. lt's a really good thing to do.
你应该试试看,那样蛮好的。
-Rachel: I just think I'd feel really self-conscious. Like I was on display or something.
self-conscious: 自觉的 display: 展览
我会浑身不对劲,好像自己是展示品。
-Phoebe: I was on display once. Nothing like eating alone.
我展示过,跟一个人吃饭最像了。
[Cut to later that same day, Ross has retrieved his keyboard and is about to debut, "The Sound."]
retrieve: 取回 debut: 初次登台
-Rachel: I just had a great time with myself.
我自己玩得很开心。
-Chandler: Well, this could be a good story.
听起来很香艳哦。
-Rachel: At dinner. It was so liberating.
liberate: 解放
我是说吃饭,感觉好自由。
You know,I don't need people to have fun. I'm fun. I'm a fun girl.
need sb to do sth: 需要某人做某事
我不需要别人给我乐趣,我能自得其乐,我是个有趣的女孩。
-Chandler: Are you a naughty girl?(Monica and Rachel stares at him)No, just fun. Fun. Good. Fun.
naughty: 顽皮的 stare at: 瞪着注视
你是个坏女孩吗?有趣就好,有趣,很好。
-Monica: See, l told you you'd have fun.
我就说会很好玩吧。
-Rachel: I know.
是啊。
-Chandler:Although I must say that I totally judge any woman I see eating alone.
although: 尽管 judge: 审判
但我对自己吃饭的女生有偏见。
-Rachel: Why?
为什么?
-Monica: Excuse me,What's wrong with a woman eating alone?
很抱歉,自己吃饭有什么不对?
-Chandler: Well, obviously something. She's eating alone.
obviously: 显然地
当然有,她自己吃饭耶。
-Ross: Okay, guys.
好了,大伙儿准备。
-Chandler: All right! Bring it on, you…
哇,你竟然又找出来了...
-Ross: Here we go. (Plays one note)
note: 音符
我们开始吧。
Y’know, I’ve-I’ve never played my stuff for anyone before,
你们要知道,我从未...从未在别人面前表演过我的作品。
so it’s important that-that you understand it’s about communicating very private emotions.
communicate: 沟通 private: 私人的
所以你们得清楚一件很重要的事,我将和大家交流非常私人的感情。
(Plays another note) Y’know, umm, you should-you should think of umm,
你们还得知道,你们得...呃,你们得思考,
my work as wordless sound poems. That’s what I’m…
work: 作品 wordless: 沉默的 poem: 诗
我的作品就像是是无言的诗我还要说...
-Chandler: (interrupting) Oh my God! Play!
interrupting: interrupt的现在进行时打扰
噢,天呀,快弹!!
(Ross starts to play. He plays a key that has a back beat sound attached to it. Over the background music he plays the sound of a barking dog, a mooing cow, a laser beam, someone coughing, a jackhammer, a doorbell, a police siren, a ray gun, breaking dishes, and for a closer he plays the sound of a loud crash. Basically, the music sucks.)
start to do: 开始做某事beat: 敲打 attach to: 使属于 归于 bark: 犬吠 moo: 鸣叫 laser beam: 激光束 coughing: cough的现在进行时 咳嗽 jackhammer: 手提钻 doorbell: 门铃 siren: 汽笛 ray: 光线 basically: 基本上 suck: 糟糕透了
-Monica:(At a loss for words) Boy, that was-that was, umm… terrific.
loss for word: 失语 terrific: 太好了
听呀,简直太...呣,太棒了! !
-Chandler: Really, bitchin’!
bitching: <俚>好极了
真的是,棒极了!
-Phoebe: Wow, it was so—wow!
喔,实在是太...喔! !
-Ross: Really?! I mean, really?!!
真的么?我是说,真的么?
-Rachel: Yeah, I mean, you should play in public!
public: 公共场合
是的,你应该到公众场合来弹!
-Ross: Wow! Thanks, you guys.
喔! 多谢大家!
That’s uh—ohhh, I wanna, I wanna play you another piece!
下面,我想,我想再为大家演奏另一首曲子!
Umm! Uh-oh! I left my uh, helicopter sounds on another disk. I’ll be right back! Okay?
helicopter: 直升机 disk: 盘
呣,噢!我把直升飞机的声音录在另一张盘上了。我去拿,马上回来,好么?
(Runs to fetch them) This is so nice, I’m—I am so… (starts to break up and leaves)
run to: 跑向 fetch: 取来
这太好了! 我是说,我是如此...
-Monica: Oh God bless my dad sound proofing the basement!
sound proof: 隔音
噢,幸亏老爸的地下室有隔音层!!
-Rachel: Oh, I can’t believe I ever let him touch me with those fingers.
let sb do: 让某人做某事 touch: 抚摸 finger: 手指
噢,我不敢相信,他竟然用弹奏这种曲子的手指抚摸过我! !
-Phoebe:What are you guys talking about, I loved it! It was soo moving.
moving: 动人的感动的
你们都在说什么呀,我非常喜欢! 非常动人!
Oh, plus it’s just, it’s so different from the stuff you usually hear.
plus: 加上而且 different form: 与…不同
而且,而且它还同你们平常听的东西完全不一样!
-Chandler: You mean like, music?
你是说,音乐?!
[Scene: Chandler and Joey's, Chandler is watching Yasmein Bleeth running on TV, and the duck starts quacking.]
quacking: quack的现在进行时嘎嘎叫
-Chandler: Yeah, I know what you’re thinkin’!
Yeah,我知道你在想什么!
Yes, yes, your breasts are just as firm and juicy.
breast: 胸部 as…as: 与…一样 firm: 坚挺的 juicy: 多汁的
是的是的,你的胸部也很结实而诱人!
(There’s a knock on the door.)
-Chandler: Come in!
请进!
-Kathy: (entering) Hey! (sees what’s on TV) Oh God, is that Baywatch?
Hey! 噢,是不是"海滩奇侠"??
-Chandler: Uh yes, but uh, I just watch it for the articles.
噢,是的,但我只是看看演员表而已。
-Kathy: So is Joey around?
呃,那么Joey在么?
-Chandler: No-no, he’s not back yet, but he’ll be here any minute.
不在,他还没回来,但是他再过几分钟就回来了。
o uh, come on in. Have a seat. Bow or stern?
bow: 船头 stern: 船尾
先请进,坐一会吧! 船头还是船尾??
-Kathy: I uh, don’t really have a preference. You?
preference: 偏爱
我无所谓坐哪,你呢?
-Chandler: I like it in the stern. (Realizes what he just said.) …of the boat. (The phone rings, and he answers it.) (on phone) Hello.
realize: 意识到
我喜欢坐在"末端"...船尾! Hello。
-Joey: (on the other end at a pay phone) Hey, it’s me. Listen Casey and I were on our way back and had a little car trouble.
Hey, 是我. 听着,我和Casey在回来的路上,但是车子出问题了
-Chandler: What happened?
怎么了?
-Joey: We broke down on the Parkway, so I have to walk back and get some transmission fluid.
break down: 故障 parkway: 公园道路 transmission: 变速器 fluid: 流体
我们在专属车道上抛锚了,我得走回去拿一些传动液。
And hey, listen could you please tell Kathy that I’ll be there as soon as I can.
as soon as: 尽快
并且听着,请告诉Kathy我会尽快赶回来的。
-Chandler: Why can’t you tell her?
为什么你不自己跟她说呢?
-Joey: ‘Cause I only have one quarter, and I think my time is about to—(he stops talking suddenly)
stop doing: 停止做某事 suddenly: 突然地
因为我只有一刻钟,而且我想投币时间快要...
-Chandler:Joey! Joey!!
Joey! Joey!!
-Joey: Yeah?
嗯?
-Chandler: I thought your time ran out.
run out: 耗尽
我以为你时间不够了...
-Joey: Me too, but I guess I do have a couple of more—(his time runs out for real)
a couple of: 几个
我也这么以为,但是我想我还有几...(断线了)
-Chandler: (to Kathy) Uhh, that was Joey. He’s running a little late, he says he’s sorry.
呣, 是Joey. 他说他很抱歉,他得迟点到了。
-Kathy: Oh.
噢。
-Chandler: So I guess it’s just uh, you and me then.
所以我想,呣..现在只有你和我。
-Kathy: Oh, okay.
噢,OK。
-Chandler:Yeah, I think it is!
呃,就是这样的了。
-Kathy:So what did you do today?
那么今天你都干了些什么呢?
-Chandler: Oh, I had an appointment to get my haircut…
appointment: 约定 haircut: 理发
我今天要去理发的。
-Kathy: (interrupting) Oh, it looks great!
你的发型很好看!
-Chandler:…and then it got canceled.
canceled: cancel的过去式取消
...呃,后来没去成。
-Kathy: Well, I could cut it.
喔,我可以帮你理。
-Chandler: Really?! You do that?
真的?你真的会?
-Kathy: Yeah, I do. Of course, I learned at my aunt’s dog grooming shop,
aunt: 姑妈 grooming shop宠物美容商店
是的,我会理。我从我姑妈的狗儿理发店学的,
but hey, what do you say?
你看怎么样?
-Chandler: Dog grooming huh? Okay, just don’t make my tail too poofy.
tail: 尾巴 poofy: <俚>男子胭脂粉气的
狗儿理发店?好的, 只要别把我的尾巴搞得太脂粉气了!
[Cut to later, Kathy is cutting Chandler’s hair.]
-Kathy: You have really great hair.
你的头发的发质很好。
-Chandler: Well, thanks. I grow it myself. (Kathy is running her fingers through his hair, and Chandler catches himself enjoying it too much.)
grow: 生长 run through: 贯穿
噢,谢谢。我自己长出来的。
Y’know who also has great hair is Joey!
你知道么,Joey的发质也很好!
-Kathy: Yes! Yeah! Joey has great hair! Umm, I’m basically done here.
噢! 是的!Joey的发质也很好!呣,我基本上干完了.
Just let me get this off your neck.
get off: 脱下扫掉 neck: 脖子
让我把你脖子上的头发屑扫掉。
(Kathy leans in really close and blow right into his ears,Chandler mouths "Oh my God." She moves around in front of him and kneels at his feet.)
blow: 呼吸 in front of: 在…前面 kneel: 跪下
-Chandler: What-what ‘cha doin’?
你在干什么?
-Kathy: Checking to see if it’s even.
even: 均等的
检查是否看着比较自然。
-Chandler: ‘Kay.
怎么样?
-Kathy: Looks good.
看起来很好。
(They lean in to kiss and are interrupted by the phone.)
lean to: 倾向
-Chandler:(jumping up to answer the phone) Oh the phone! The phone’s making sounds! (On phone) Hello!
噢! 是电话! 电话在响! Hello!
-Joey: (on phone) Hey dude, it’s me.
Hey 老兄,,是我。
-Chandler: Hey it’s Joey!
嘿,是Joey!
-Joey: Listen uh, I’m really sorry, it looks like I’m gonna be stuck here for a while.
stuck: stick的过去式困住 for a while: 一阵
听着,我非常抱歉,看起来我被困在这里了。
I got the transmission fluid, but when I went to put it in the car, the transmission wasn’t there!
我拿到了传动液,但是当我准备倒进汽车的时候,却发现传送器不见了!
-Chandler: What?
什么?
-Joey:Yeah, it must’ve fallen out a few blocks back.
block: 路口
Yeah,可能是在前几个路口就掉了。
I just figured we hit a dog.
figured: figure的过去式认为
当时听到异响,我还以为撞到了狗。
-Chandler: Okay.
好吧。
-Joey: Listen uh, could you put Kathy on, I wanna apologize.
put on: 把…放在上面让…来听电话 apologize: 道歉
听着,你能让Kathy接电话么?我想跟她道歉。
-Chandler: Oh yeah man. (to Kathy) Joey. (Hands her the phone.)
hand: 递给
噢,好的。Joey。
-Kathy: (on phone) Hey. (listens) Oh no it’s fine, don’t worry about it.
worry about: 担心
Hey.噢,一切都还好,不用为我担心。
(listens) Yeah-no, stop apologizing, it’s okay. (listens) Yeah! I’ll talk to you tomorrow.
噢,不用道歉,不要紧.好,我明天再找你。
(hangs up) (to Chandler) I should uh, probably go.
我想,我可能得走了。
-Chandler:Yeah. Yes! Yeah.
呃,是的! 没错。
(Kathy leaves and Chandler groans in agony. Kathy knocks on the door and Chandler opens it.)
groan: 呻吟 agony: 痛苦
-Kathy: I forgot my purse.
purse: 钱包
我忘拿我的皮包了。
-Chandler: Oh.
噢。
(They kiss, passionately.)
passionately: 热情地
-Kathy: No, I really did forget my purse.
不,我真的是忘拿皮包了.- 不-不-不-不
(They kiss again.)
[Scene: Chandler and Joey's, continued from earlier. Chandler and Kathy are still kissing, then they stop suddenly.]
continued: continue的过去式 继续
-Chandler: No-no-no-no, this is bad! It’s bad! This is bad!
噢,不-不-不-不!这太差劲了!太差、太差劲了!
-Kathy: Horrible!
horrible: 可怕的
可怕极了!
-Chandler: Wait the uh, the kiss or the situation?
situation: 情况
呃等等,你是说吻得不好?
-Kathy: No-no-no, the kiss was good.
不-不-不,这个吻非常好。
-Chandler: Okay!
那就行!
-Kathy: No, but that’s bad!
不,,就是这个吻太可怕了!
-Chandler:Ooh! Yes! Okay! Here’s what we do, we-we forget it happened.
噢! 是的!我们应该,应该当什么都没发生过。
-Kathy:What?!
什么?!
-Chandler: Okay, we-we swallow our feelings.
swallow: 忍受
好吧,我们得隐藏我们的感情,
Even if it means we’re unhappy forever. Sound good?
even: 甚至 unhappy: 不高兴 sound: 听起来
甚至可能我们将从此都不快乐,听起来好些么?
-Kathy: Can you really do that?
你真能这么做么?
-Chandler: I have to; he’s my best friend, and you’re seeing him.
我不得不这么样!他是我最好的朋友,而你是来看他的。
-Kathy: Chandler, I like Joey a lot, but with you…
Chandler,,我是很喜欢Joey,但是和你在一起...
-Chandler: (interrupting) Oh-no-no-no! Don’t! Don’t!
interrupt: 打乱
不-不-不! 不要说! 不要说!
See-see, you’re getting me confused, I’m starting to yearn.
confused: 糊涂的 yearn: 向往
你看,你把我弄胡涂了,我快胡涂死了! !
-Kathy: I’m sorry. If you wanna pretend that nothing happened, I can try.
pretend: 假装
我很抱歉。但如果你想装作什么都没发生,我可以试试!
-Chandler: I-I think we have to.
我想我们必须得这样。
-Kathy: Okay. Bye.
好吧! 再见。
-Chandler: Bye. (Kathy leaves and Chandler wanders over to and leans up against the door.) Are you still out there?
wander: 想知道
再见。你是不是还没走?
-Kathy: (outside the door) No. (Chandler opens the door and they kiss again.)
我已经走了!
[Scene: Central Perk, Ross is performing, his music hasn’t improved.]
performing: perform的现在进行时表演 improved: improve的过去式提高
-Ross:(His voice is altered to sound like a computer.) Electrifying. (He plays the sound of a ticking clock.) Emphatic time-time-time…
alter: 改变 electrifying: 毛绒电光整理 emphatic: 引人注目的 tick: 滴答作响
通电中...加重--时间。时间。时间…
-Monica:(to Rachel and Phoebe) Y'know, there’s a Starbucks about three blocks down.
你们知道么,过去三个街口有家"星巴克"。
-Phoebe:(pushing Monica back onto the couch) It’s so inspired! Look at him! Look at him go!
inspired: 有灵感的 look at: 看看
这是多么有灵韵呀! 看他! 听他的演奏吧!
[cut back to Ross who finally finishes his so-called song with the same crash from before. He gets some applause, mainly ‘cause he’s done.]
finally: 最终地 applause: 鼓掌 mainly: 主要地
-Ross: (with the altered voice) Thank you guys-guys-guys…
谢谢大家.大家..大家...
-Monica: (to Phoebe) Hey, aren’t you up next?
嘿,你不是要接下去演奏么?
-Phoebe: Oh no, I’m not playing tonight.
噢,不,我今晚不想弹了。
-Rachel: Why not?
为什么?
-Phoebe: I can’t follow Ross!
follow: 跟上
我根本比不上Ross!
It’d be like those bicycle riding chimps that followed The Beetles. No.
bicycle: 自行车 chimp: 猩猩
就像披头士演完了,让骑自行车的黑猩猩接着演奏一样。不行。
-Monica: Phoebe, Ross sucks!
Phoebe, Ross简直太糟糕了!
-Rachel: Phoebe, the place has emptied because of him.
emptied: empty的过去式空的
Phoebe, 咖啡厅因为Ross都没人敢来啦!
-Phoebe:Oh my God, he’s not even appreciated in his own time.
appreciated: appreciate的过去式 感激
噢天啊! 他甚至在他自己的时代得不到大众欣赏。
I would give anything to not be appreciated in my own time!
own: 自己的
我也想让我的音乐高于时代标准!
(Rachel and Monica look at each other, and agree on something without saying anything.)
each other: 彼此 agree on: 同意
-Monica:Okay. Umm, Phoebe, you suck too.
好吧。呣,Phoebe,,你也很差劲。
-Rachel: Yeah, Phoebe you’re… awful!
awful: 糟糕的
是的,Phoebe你也差到一定份上了!
-Phoebe: You guys. You suck too. (She hugs them both.)
hug: 拥抱
你们俩,你们俩也很差,呵呵。
[Scene: Chandler and Joey's, Joey is opening the door, but Chandler has the chain on it.]
chain: 链条
-Joey: Aww man! I can’t believe I locked myself out again! (He knocks on the door.)
噢! 简直无法相信,我又把自己锁在外面了!
-Chandler: Hang on buddy! (He goes over and unlocks the door and opens it to reveal a fully furnished apartment.)
hang on: 等一下 furnished: furnish的过去式 布置 reveal:展示
等一下,老兄!
-Joey:(rushing in) Oh my God! What happened here?
噢,天啊! 这儿发生了什么事?
Did you do all this?
难道你一个人买了这么多的东西?
-Chandler: I sure did.
我想是的。
-Joey:Why?
为什么?
-Chandler: Well, I just thought it’d make me feel good to do something nice for my friend.
呃,我只是认为,为我的朋友做点事,能让我感觉很好!
-Joey:Well, you’re amazing.
amazing: 不可思议的
啊,你简直太不可思议了。
-Chandler: Oh no-no-no. This is amazing. (He goes over and presses a button on a remote control that opens the entertainment center doors revealing the TV.)
press: 按 remote: 远程 entertainment:娱乐
噢,不-不-不,这些东西才不可思议呢。
-Joey: (very excited) A TV as if it appears from nowhere! That’s the dream!
appear: 出现
一台随时可出现在眼前的电视机!简直象在梦里一样!
Man, how did you afford this stuff?
afford: 买的起
老兄,你怎么买得起这么多东西的?
-Chandler: Well, y’know I’m 29. I mean who needs a savings account.
savings account: 储蓄存款帐户
喔,我都29了,还存那么多钱干什么。
-Joey: Oh, you are the best friends anyone has ever had.
你是天底下最够朋友的了!
-Chandler: Oh, I don’t know.
喔,那可不一定。
-Joey: Oh-no-no-no, you are!
噢,不-不-不,你是的!
You do this, you give me the great advice,
你不仅买了这么东西,还给我非常好的建议。
and hey listen, I was thinking about what you said yesterday about focusing on one woman,
think about: 考虑focus on: 集中精力
听着,昨天你让我只对一个女孩子好,
I’m gonna do that.
我考虑后觉得你说的没错。
-Chandler: You mean with Casey.
你是不是打算和Casey...
-Joey: No-no-no, I think I’m gonna see how things go with Kathy. She’s pretty cool.
pretty: 相当的
不-不-不, 我想继续和Kathy交往下去. 她可相当酷!
-Chandler:Or Casey.
是Casey吧?!
-Joey: No-no, Kathy.
不,不, Kathy。
-Chandler: Could be Casey.
喔,是Casey呀。
-Joey: No. No, Kathy.
不,不, Kathy。
-Chandler: Consider Casey.
consider: 考虑
考虑一下Casey嘛。
-Joey: Y’know what I think? I think somebody’s got a little crush on Casey.
你知道我怎么想么?我想有人有点为Casey抓狂了。
How‘bout I fix you two up? What do you think?
fix up: 安排
嗯,我怎么撮合你们俩呢?你怎么认为?
-Chandler: That all the pieces of my life are falling right into place!
fall into: 落入陷入
那我的一生将了无遗憾了!
[Scene: Central Perk, Ross has just finished playing.]
-Ross: (to Phoebe) Hey!
嘿!
-Phoebe: Hey! You were really great! You were really, really great!
嘿!你太棒了! 你真的,真的很棒!
-Ross: Oh, thanks, thanks. So Monica tells me that uh,
哦,谢谢,谢谢。Monica告诉我,因为我的天才演出,
you don’t want to play anymore because me and y'know my talent. Is that true?
talent: 天赋
你以后都不再演奏了,真的么?
-Phoebe: Well, kinda. Yeah. Yeah.
哦,大概吧...是的。
-Ross: Pheebs…
哦,Pheebs...
-Phoebe: Yeah, I-I can’t—I mean y’know I was trying to be really y'know okay and upbeat about it,
try to do: 尝试做某事 upbeat: 乐观的
是的。但我无法..我尝试保持乐观,
I just—I feel so dwarfed by your musical gift. I…
dwarf: 相形见拙 gift: 天赋
但是,在你的音乐天赋面前,我简直就像个侏儒!
-Ross: See but, Pheebs that-that is the exact opposite intent of my music.
exact: 正好的 opposite: 相反 intent: 意图
我明白,但是 Pheebs,这就和我演奏的初衷完全相反了。
Y’know my music is-is meant to inspire,
你知道,我的音乐是鼓舞人心的。
and if it bothers you this much, then I… I won’t play anymore.
bother: 打扰扰乱
但如果这反而挫伤了你,那么,我以后就不再演奏。
-Phoebe: Oh no. No-no-no, don’t do that!
噢不! 别这样,千万别这么干!
How could I live with myself if I knew I was depriving the world of your music.
live with: 忍受接受 deprive of: 剥夺
如果离开你的音乐我怎么能活得下去呢?!
-Ross: Yeah, okay.
啊,好吧。
[Scene: Central Perk, Rachel and Monica are sitting on the couch and Phoebe is getting coffee as Chandler enters. Ross is also there.]
-Rachel: I'd love to, but I have plans on Sunday.
我很想,但我星期天有事。
-Doctor: Well, maybe some other time.
那就改天吧。
-Rachel: Sure. Just give me a call, I'm in the book.
好,打电话给我。
-Doctor: Okay. Thanks a lot. See you.
好,谢了,再见。
-Monica: What are you doing? He is cute, and he's a doctor.
cute: 可爱的
你在干什么?他又帅又是医生。
-Rachel: How do you know?
你怎么知道?
-Monica: Honey, I eavesdrop because I care.
eavesdrop: 偷听 care: 关心
亲爱的,这种事我最留心了。
-Rachel: Well, I have plans on Sunday.
我星期天有约。
-Monica: With who?
跟谁?
-Rachel: Me.
我自己。
-Monica: Oh, God.
天哪。
-Rachel: You are the one who told me how important it is to spend time alone.
spend: 花费
是你说独处很重要的,
I can't just go out with that guy when I have plans with myself.
我跟自己有约就不能跟他出去。
Wouldn't be fair to me.
fair: 公平
那样对我不公平。
-Monica: So basically you're saying you don't want to cheat on yourself.
basically: 基本上 cheat: 欺骗
你是说你不想对自己不忠。
-Rachel: Well, if you wanna make me sound crazy.
如果你要把我说成疯子的话。
-Ross: Saw the new furniture. Very nice.
furniture: 家具
嘿,Chandler! 看到你的新家具了,非常漂亮。
-Monica: Yeah! Joey has the best boyfriend ever!
啊! Joey有个最~~~棒的"男"朋友!
-Chandler: I kissed Kathy.
我吻了Kathy。
-Ross: What?
什么?
-Monica: God! Are you serious?
serious: 认真的
你是说真的?
-Phoebe: Does Joey know?
Joey知道么?
-Chandler: No. Is there anyway, anyway you think he’ll understand this?
还不知道.你们认为有没有可能,他会理解这件事?
-Monica: You obviously haven’t screwed over a lot of your friends.
screw over: <俚>背叛欺(朋友)妻
你显然还没有深入了解你的室友。
(They all look at her) Which we all appreciate.
这正是让我们都敬佩不已的。
-Ross: No the-the sad thing is, if you had told him how you felt before you kissed her,
不,最可悲的是,如果你在亲她之前告诉Joey你的感受,
knowing Joey, he probably just would’ve just stepped aside.
step aside: 避开退让
我想Joey肯定把她会让给你。
-Chandler: Oh, don’t say that! Don’t say that. That’s not true. Is it?
噢,不要告诉我! 不要告诉我那是真的!
-Phoebe: I think maybe, yeah.
我想可能,那是真的。
-Monica: He loves you.
他爱你。
-Chandler: Then why didn’t you tell me to do that?!!
tell sb to do sth: 告诉某人做某事
那么你们为什么不告诉我?!!
-Ross: Well, I said-I said something to Phoebe.
哦,我告诉过Phoebe。
-Phoebe:Yeah! No, that’s right. And I thought it was a really good idea.
啊!不,哦是的。而且我认为那还真是个好主意。
-Rachel: I know, I remember that!
我就知道,我还记得!
-Monica: I remember you did.
我也记得你告诉过我。
-Chandler: God!! (Sits down in disgust.) What am I gonna do
sit down: 坐下 disgust: 令人厌恶的
天哪!!我该怎么办?!
-Rachel: Well, Chandler, you’re gonna have to tell him.
gonna: going to 将要会
Chandler,,你得告诉他。
-Chandler: Why?! Why do I have to tell him?!
为什么?! 为什么我非得告诉他?!
-Rachel: Because you do.
因为你必须这么做。
-Chandler: Yeah, I know.
是的,我知道。
-Ross: Hey, would it be okay if I wrote a song about this.
嘿,我为此写首曲子,能不能让你好过点?
(Rachel is in the restaurant,alone)
-Rachel: (something in her mind) I don't know if this is working out.
mind: 头脑里
我不知道这样下去行不行,
I think.... I think I wanna see other people.Wow. Didn't see that coming.
我觉得... 我想见其他人。想不到会这样。
It's not that I don't enjoy this. I do.I just wanna see what else is out there.
enjoy: 享受
不是我不喜欢这样,我喜欢,我只是想看看其他可能性。
(notice the doctor she sees)Hey, Guy. What are you doing here?
notice: 注意到
Guy, 你怎么会来?
-Doctor:I work across the street.
我刚从对街过来。
-Rachel: You know what,It turns out I'm gonna be free Sunday.
turn out: 结果
你知道吗?结果我星期天有空。
-Doctor: I wish you had called me.I just told them I'd work this weekend.
你应该通知我,我刚同意周末进医院。
-Rachel: Okay, well, maybe next weekend.
好吧,那就下个周末。
-Doctor: Definitely.
definitely: 绝对地
没问题。
-Doctor: l'll see you.
到时候见。
-Rachel: Okay.
好。
-Doctor: (something in his mind)Yeah, you'll be talking to me never, because you're a freak who eats alone.
freak: 怪胎
我不会再理你了,你是自己吃饭的怪胎。
[Scene: Chandler and Joey's, Joey is watching TV as Chandler enters.]
-Chandler: Hey!
嘿!
-Joey:Hey! Sambuca Margarita?
sambuca: 萨姆布卡酒,意大利茴香酒
嘿! 要不要“葡萄糖”鸡尾酒?
-Chandler: Is that a real thing?
real: 真实的
那是什么东西?
-Joey: Well, we only had Sambuca, so it is now.
哦,我们只剩葡萄糖了,所以就有“葡萄糖”鸡尾酒了。
-Chandler: Listen ah, Joe, I-I need to, I need to talk to you about something.
听着,Joey,我必须,必须跟你谈谈。
-Joey: What’s up?
什么事?
-Chandler: It’s-it’s about Kathy. Umm, uh, I like her. I like her a lot actually.
actually: 实际上
关于Kathy. 呣,我喜欢她。事实上我是非常喜欢她。
-Joey: You do?
真的么?
-Chandler: Yeah.
真的。
-Joey: Well, your timing couldn’t be better. She’s not my girlfriend anymore.
timing: 定时
哦,那你现在的时机正好。她现在不是我的女朋友了。
-Chandler: What?
什么?
-Joey: Yeah, she broke up with me.
break up: 分手
哦,她和我分手了。
-Chandler: Oh uh, when?
啊,什么时候的事?
-Joey: Just now, after acting class.
就刚才,表演课后。
At first I thought she was doing some kind of scene, that’s why I let people watch.
at first: 开始 scene: 场景
开始我以为她只是在表演某个场景,我还叫大家来看。
-Chandler: Oh man, I am so sorry. Are, are you okay?
哦,老兄,真遗憾你还好吧?
-Joey: Well, I’ve been better. But, I’m all right. So you like her huh?
我想还是过去更好点。但是,现在,我没事了。那么,你喜欢她?
-Chandler: Yes, but I-I uh, don’t have to.
是的,但是我可以算了。
-Joey: No-no-no, no it’s uh, it’s okay.
不,不,我没事的。
-Chandler: Yeah?
嗯?
-Joey: Yeah. You know why? ‘Cause you came to me first.
是的,你知道为什么么? 因为你先告诉了我。
-Chandler: Well, I thought that would be the best thing to do.
啊,我就知道我这么干没错。
-Joey: But hey, listen just so you know, you might have your work cut out for you.
cut out: 删去
但是,你听着,恐怕你还得努把力。
‘Cause when I talked to her, I kinda got the feeling that she’s into some other guy. So…
kinda: kind of 有点
因为我跟她谈的时候,我有种感觉,呃,她好像喜欢另一个人。所以...
-Chandler: See uh, that’s-that’s actually what I wanted to talk to you about.
你知道么,这正是我想跟你谈的事情。
I-I think I know who the other guy is.
我。我知道那个人是谁。
-Joey: Who?
谁?
-Chandler: It’s me. I’m the other guy.
就是我。我就是那个人。
-Joey: What?
什么?
-Chandler: Yeah, I mean when you were late last night,
是的,昨晚你回来迟了,
Kathy and I got to talking, and one thing to another and…
Kathy和我聊天,但是另一件事发生了...
-Joey: And what?! Did you sleep with her?!
什么?! 难道你和她上床了?!
-Chandler: No! No! No! I just kissed her.
没有! 没有! 我只是吻了她。
-Joey: What?!! That’s even worse!!
什么?!! 那更糟糕!!
-Chandler: How is that worse?!
怎么会更糟?!
-Joey:I don’t know! But it’s the same!
我不知道! 但那都不行!
-Chandler: Look, I’m sorry!
听着,我很抱歉!
But there’s nothing I can do, I think I’m in love with her!
但我没办法,我已经深深爱上了她!
-Joey: Who cares?! You went behind my back! I would never do that to you!
never: 决不
谁管你?!你背后下刀子!我从未这样对你!
-Chandler: You’re right, I have no excuses! I was totally over the line.
excuse: 接口 totally: 完全地
是的,我没有借口!我是完全过线了。
-Joey: Over the line?! You-you’re-you’re so far past the line,
过线?! 你.你过线过..过了这么多!
that you-you can’t even see the line! The line is a dot to you!
dot: 点
你甚至..甚至看不到线在哪!你根本就没管那条线!
-Chandler: Yes. Yes! Right! And I feel horrible. You have to believe me!
horrible: 糟糕的
是的! 是的!我也知道这很糟糕。但你得相信我!
-Joey: Is that why you bought all this stuff?! (Chandler makes a face like "Well, kinda.")
哦,这就是你为什么买这么多家具?!
Well, y’know what I will not watch your TV, I will not listen to your stereo,
listen to: 听着 stereo: 立体声
哦,好吧,我不会再看你的电视,听你的音响。
and there’s a cinnamon raisin loaf in the new bread maker that I’m not gonna eat! You know why?!
cinnamon: 肉桂 raisin: 葡萄干loaf: 面包 bread maker: 面包机
我也不会吃那条在你的新面包机里的肉桂葡萄面包!你知道为什么么?!
-Chandler: Probably because…
可能是因为...
-Joey: Because it’s all tainted with your betrayal.
taint: 玷污 betrayal: 背叛
因为那些都因你的背叛行为而染上了污点!
From now on this apartment is empty for me!
from now on: 从现在起
从现在起,我不会用你买的任何东西!
And I’m not happy about you either. (The bread maker dings) Oh, and just so you know, I made that bread for you. (Joey walks into his bedroom and slams the door.)
ding: 响
而且也不会跟你一起玩了! 哦,得让你知道,我是为你做得那个面包!
[Scene: Central Perk, Ross is playing his music. Monica, Phoebe, and Rachel are sitting on the couch.]
-Phoebe: Oh my God, he’s lost it. He’s totally lost it.
哦天哪,他江郎才尽了,他的灵气荡然无存!
-Monica:(removing ear plugs) What?
removing: remove的现在进行时摘掉 ear plug: 耳塞
你说什么?
-Rachel:Phoebe, his music could not get any worse.
Phoebe,他的音乐本来就没有可取之处。
There are rats in the basement that are hanging themselves.
hang oneself: 上吊自杀
地下室的老鼠们听了他的音乐都在上吊寻死!
(Ross finally finishes with the same crash, and gets some applause.)
applause: 掌声
-Ross: Thank you, thanks. (Sits down next to the girls) Yeah, I lost it.
next to: 挨着
谢谢,谢谢。是的,我才思枯竭了。
Y’know, I’m not gonna play anymore, (to Phoebe) would you, can you finish my set?
set: <口>一场演出爵士(或流行)乐组
我不会再演奏了,你能...你能继续演奏下去么?
-Phoebe: After that? Yeah! No, I mean if I can help.
在此之后? 当然! 哦不,我是说如果我可以帮忙的话。
(Phoebe gets up and goes to play, Ross goes over and sits down next to Monica and Rachel.)
-Ross: Yeah, like I could lose it.
呃,好像我真的没灵感了似的。
-Rachel: What?
什么?
-Ross: I played bad on purpose guys.
on purpose: 有意
我是有意演奏得佷差!
(Both Monica and Rachel laugh.)
-Monica: Okay, so you were trying to play bad this whole time.
是么?你这段时间一直是故意弹得这么难听呀?!
-Ross: Yeah—no, just that last song.
呃?不,只是刚刚这最后一首。
词汇解析:Sunying 校对:Vivian



评 论


