看Friends学英语 第六季 10集:The One With the Routine
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s apartment, everyone except Ross is decorating the tree.]
decorate: 装饰
-Chandler: Let me ask you, why is everybody using these tiny lights nowadays?
tiny: 细小的 light:灯
让我问你,为什么现在每个人都喜欢用这么小的灯?
I remember when people used to use big lights.
记得过去人们都用大些的灯。
-Rachel: That’s a good story, Grandpa.
这个故事不错哦,爷爷
(Ross enters)
-Ross: Hey
嘿
-All: Hey
嘿
-Ross: Wow, Monica’s letting other people help decorate her tree!
欧,Monica竟然让别人装饰他的圣诞树!
Did someone get her drunk again or?
是不是谁把他灌醉了,要不....?
-Monica: Having a perfectly decorated tree is not what Christmas is about.
一个完美装点的圣诞树并不是圣诞的真正意义。
It’s about being with the people that you love.
真正意义能和你所爱的人在一起。
-Phoebe: That is nice and we’re done. TADA!
TADA: <俚>完工
不错哦我们搞定了 tata !
(Her side of the tree looks a complete mess)
mess: 混乱
-Chandler: I dunno what it is,
dunno: <口>不知道
这是什么玩意,
It just doesn’t quite feel like Christmas to me.
对我来说感觉不像圣诞。
-Monica: Oh, here.
哦,瞧这边
(She turns the tree around so that her side, which is perfectly decorated, is showing)
-Chandler: See now it feels like Christmas!
哦现在有些圣诞的感觉了!
[Scene: Central Perk, everyone except Phoebe and Joey are there.]
-Ross: … and that’s the story of the dreidel.
【A dreidel is a four-sided top, played with during the Jewish holiday of Hanukkah(n.光明节). The dreidel is used for a gambling game similar to Teetotum(n.手转陀螺).犹太人的陀螺】
就是dreidel的故事,
Now, some people trace the Christmas tree back to the Egyptians,
Egyptian: 埃及人
这现在人们把圣诞树(的起源)追述到埃及人,
Who used to bring green palm branches into their huts on the shortest day of the year,
palm: 棕榈 palm branch: 棕榈枝条
hut: 小屋 short: 短的
他们过去常常在每年最短的一天,把绿色的小树枝带回他们的家,
Symbolizing life’s triumph over death. And that was like 4000 years ago.
symbolize: 象征用符号表现 triumph over: 战胜
以此来象征生命对于死亡的胜利。这似乎是4000年前的事了。
-Rachel: So, pretty much around the same time that you started telling this story.
好像和你开始讲这故事的时间差不多。
(Joey enters)
-Joey: Hey you guys.
嘿,大家好啊。
-Chandler: Hey Joe what’s up?
嘿,Joe怎么了。
-Joey: I had to get out of the apartment.
我不得不从家里逃出来,
Janine is like stretching all over the place.
stretch: 伸展
Janine在整个屋子里折腾。
Y’know, everywhere I look she’s like… (He imitates her stretching, badly)
imitate: 模仿
你知道,随便在哪里她怎么看都....
-Chandler: I can see why that’s hard to resist.
resist: 抵抗
我知道为什么难以抵抗了。
-Joey: I like her so much!
我非常喜欢她!
-Monica: Aw, I’m sorry sweetie that she doesn’t feel the same way.
哦,我很遗憾甜心她没有这么感觉。
-Joey: I know. And she’s so sweet.
我知道,他这么迷人,
I just wanna feed her grapes and brush her hair.
grape: 葡萄 brush: 刷
我只是想...喂喂她点葡萄给他梳梳头发。
-Chandler: You are aware that she’s not a monkey, right?
你应该意识到她可不是一只猴子吧?
-Ross: I am so over Janine.
我对janine没什么感觉了。
I mean, yeah, at first I thought she was hot,
我的意思是,起先我觉她爆性感,
But now she’s like OLD NEWS!
old news n.成年往事
但现在没这回事了!
(Janine enters)
-Janine: Hey guys!
嘿伙计们!
-Ross: Janine!
Janine !
-Janine: I just got a call to be a dancer on a television special for New Year’s Eve.
special: 特别节目
刚才我接到个电话,让我在新年前夕的电视特别节目演一个跳舞的,
It’s called some sort of Dick’n Rock’n Dickie Eve.
那节目好像叫什么Dick'n Rock'n Dickie Eve。
-Monica: Hold it! Are you talking about Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin' Eve?
慢!你是指Dick Clark's New Year's Rocking Eve?
【Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve is a television program, which airs every New Year's Eve on ABC. 】
-Janine: Yeah, that’s what I said.
也,我说的就是这个。
-Monica: Oh my God! We love that show!
哦天哪,我喜欢这个节目!
I mean Ross and I have been watching it since I can remember!
我和ross从很小的时候就开始看这个了!
-Chandler: Ah, you’re still just a little fat girl inside aren’t you? (He kisses her on the cheek)
我知道你骨子里还一直是那个肥婆,不是吗?
-Janine: Well I’m gonna be on it this year.
今年我要上这节目,
I’m gonna be one of the party people.
我会成为这派队的一员。
-Ross: You’re gonna be a party person!
你也要上这节目?
Those guys rock the most!
他们可酷毙了
-Janine: Well they said I should bring someone.
他们说要我带些人去,
(To Joey) Do you wanna be my dance partner?
partner: 伙伴
你愿意做我的舞伴吗?
-Joey: Totally! I would love to spend New Year’s with you.
绝对!我太愿意和你一起度过新年。
-Janine: Well actually they’re taping tomorrow.
tape: 录音
事实上明天他们就要拍了,
I don’t really understand why.
我不知道为什么。
-Ross: Oh, well you see how it works is,
哦,让我告诉你怎么回事,
The part with Dick Clark in Times Square is actually live,
Dick Clark在时代广场的部分事实上是现场直播的,
But they tape some of the party stuff ahead of time. Yeah, not a lot of people know that.
ahead of time: 提前提早
但是他们把派队的部分事先拍好了,yeah,不是很多人都知道。
-Janine: Yeah well, do you guys wanna come too?
那么,你们打算一起来吗?
-Ross: Are you serious?
你没开玩笑吧?
-Monica: We are there!
(Rachel laughs)
我们当然去!
-Chandler: What, what are you laughing at?
什么,你在笑什么?
-Rachel: Well, I used to date him,
我过去常常和他约会,
But you’re still going out with her! well,
但你还在和他交往哦。
(Gunther brings Janine a coffee)
-Janine: Thanks. (To Monica and Ross) Great so we can all go together!
谢谢,太棒了我们都一起去。
I gotta run. Catch you later!
(Janine leaves)
我得先走了,回头见!
-All: Bye!
再见!
-Ross: Bye Janine! Bye!
Bye Janine! 再见!
-Joey: Did she just ask me out on a date?
他是不是刚刚约我出去?
-Chandler: I don’t think so.
我不这么认为。
-Monica: What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊?
She just invited him to the biggest party of the millennium!
millennium: 千年
她刚刚不是约他去千禧年最大的派队!
-Rachel: Yeah, but she also invited you and Ross.
也,但她也约了你和Ross,
Yeah, honey, I’m sorry, but I don’t think that was a romantic thing.
也,甜心,我很遗憾,我不认为那会是件很浪漫的事
-Joey: Oh. Maybe. But hey I know how I can find out.
哦,可能吧。我知道该怎么办,
We’re going to a New Year’s Eve party, right?
我们要参加新年派队。对吧?
So at midnight, I can kiss her.
然后在午夜,我可以吻她,
And if she kisses me back, great! Y’know?
然后要是她吻回我....太棒了你知道?
But if she says ‘Dude, what the hell are you doing?’
但是要是她说“伙计你到底在干什么啊!?”
I can say ‘It wasn’t me, it was New Years!’
我可以说“不是我,是新年”!
-Rachel: Well, that’s a lot better than Ross trying to kiss me in High School,
well,这可比Ross在高中时要吻我的理由好多了,
And saying that he did it because he needed chapstick.
chap: (使)皲裂 chapstick: 润唇膏
他那时候吻了我后说他只是想要抹点唇膏用于防止嘴唇干裂。
-Ross: It was a dry day.
dry day: 干燥的一天
那天很干燥。
-Monica: We are going to Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rocking Eve!
我们要去Dick Clark's的新年派队!
-Ross: Oh my God!
哦,天啊!
-Monica: Oh my God!
哦,天啊!
-Chandler: (To Rachel) Oh myGod!
哦,天啊!
[Scene: The Set, Joey, Janine, Ross and Monica are walking in.]
-Joey: OK, listen I’ve been on sets before,
ok,听着我过去参加过这个。
So let me give you a little advice, alright?
所以让我给你点小建议,怎样?
It’s a show, but we’re just dancing,
这是个秀,但是我们只不过跳舞,
OK? It’s no big deal. The important thing to remember – stay cool.
没什么大不了的,最重要的....冷静点
-Ross: Got it!
知道了!
(They get to the main stage)
main: 主要的 stage: 舞台
-Ross: (stay not cool immediately) Oh my God it’s just like I dreamed it!
哦,天啊,这就像我梦见的一样!
-Director: OK, everyone gather up.
gather up: 集合
大家集中一下。
(Monica and Ross push to the front)
-Monica and Ross: ‘Scuse us
让一让。
-Director: Here’s what’s gonna happen.
我们接下来要做这些。
The music’s gonna start, you’re gonna dance,
音乐会响起来,你们跳起舞来,
We’re gonna tape, you don’t look at the camera. Any questions?
我们就开拍,别看着摄影机,有什么问题吗?
-Ross: Yeah, I have a question. When is this gonna air? (He and Monica laugh)
air: [口语](用电视或无线电)播送
也,我有个问题,什么时候播这个?
-Director: Uh, yeah. Now you guys dance over there,
哦,也。现在你们在那里跳,
You guys over there, and I want you two right around here,
你们在那里,我要你们俩人就在这里,
And everyone else spread out.
spread out: 散开
大家分散行动了。
-Monica: We'd better not dance together because we're brother and sister.
我们在最好不要一起跳舞,因为我们是兄弟姐妹。
-Ross: Yeah, it would seem kind of weird.
是的,看起来有点奇怪。
-Director: Would it same weird as coming all the way down here and then having to go home right now?
大老远跑来,然后必须立即回家,会很奇怪吗?
-Joey: Ross! So when is it gonna air? ross!
Ross到底什么时候播啊?
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s apartment, Chandler is there. Phoebe and Rachel enter.]
-Rachel: Okay phoebe, you look in the kitchen, I will look in the back closet.
closet: 衣柜
okay,你们到厨房里找,我到厕所里找
-Chandler: I can save you time ladies, I’m right here.
我可以帮你们节省时间我在这里啊,女士们。
-Phoebe: Yeah, Chandler why don’t you take a walk?
take a walk: 出去走走散步
也,chandler 为什么不去散散步呢?
This doesn’t concern you.
concern: 涉及
这和你无关。
-Rachel: We are looking for our Christmas presents from Monica.
我们在找Monica给我们准备的圣诞礼物。
-Chandler: What? That’s terrible!
什么?这可不好!
-Phoebe: No-no, we do it every year!
不-不,我们每年都这么干!
-Chandler: Oh well, that makes it not terrible.
哦,你看起来不会太糟。
-Phoebe: No, yeah, we never find them!
不,也。我们从没找到过!
She’s always best at us that wily minx.
best: <口>打败胜过<俚>欺骗 wily: 老谋深算的 minx: <古>妓女荡妇 wily minx: 老狐狸
她藏的真的很....这个溅人。
-Rachel: Don’t worry, we’re just gonna search here for an hour,
别担忧,我们现在这里找1个小时,
Then we’re gonna go over to Joey’s and search, OK?
然后么我们去Joey那里找找,ok?
-Chandler: No not okay, you can’t look for Monica’s presents!
不,不好,你不能找Monica的礼物!
-Phoebe: But we have to!
但我们一定要!
-Chandler: No, you don’t have to,
不,你不能,
And you can’t because I live here too.
不能因为我在这里。
-Phoebe: Well then, you should look with us.
那么.....你帮我们一起找。
-Chandler: Why?
为什么?
-Rachel: Chandler, aren’t you worried about what to get Monica for Christmas?
chandler,你难道不想知道Monica给你准备了什么圣诞礼物?
-Chandler: No, I have a great idea for a present for her.
不,我给她准备的很不错。
-Phoebe: Oh, that’s it? (Mimics Chandler) A great idea!
哦,就因为这个?很不错!
-Rachel: Chandler, that’s not enough.
Chandler,这不够。
I mean what if she gets you a great present,
我的意思是要是她给了一个爆酷的,
Two medium presents, and a bunch of little presents?
medium: 中等的
2个一般的...一对很垃圾的礼物?
And you’ve just gotten her one great present?
然后你给了她一个酷毙了的,
I mean that’s just gonna make her feel bad.
那会使她感觉很糟的,
Why would you do that to her Chandler? Why? Why?
你怎么能这样对她?为什么?为什么?
-Chandler: If I help, we can find‘em faster!
要是我帮忙,我们能快点找到!
-Rachel: That’s right!
没错!
(Phoebe looks under the couch)
-Phoebe: Ooh ooh, we have a live one!
live one: <美俚>随便花钱的人冤大头容易受骗上当的人
哦!我找到一个!
-Rachel: Oh, it’s a Macy’s bag!
哦,这是Macy的包包!
(Phoebe tips it upside down, and a shoe falls out)
tip: 翻倒
-Phoebe: Ooh, who’s it for?
哦,这会是给谁的呢?
-Rachel: (Reading) Dear losers, do you really think I’d hide presents under the couch?
亲爱的失败者,你真的认为我会把礼物藏在沙发下面?
P.S. Chandler, I knew they’d break you.
break: 使透露使说出
附注,Chandler我知道他们会把你一起拖下水。
-Phoebe: Uh-oh. She may be onto us.
be onto sb: 充分了解某人
哦!她一定在监视我们。
-Rachel: We are so gonna find them this year.
我们今年一定要找到!
-Chandler: Y’know when you guys said you were gonna go across the hall and look,
你知道当你们说你们要穿过大厅(到那里)去找,
You don’t, you don’t do that every year do you?
你没有,你们没有每年都干过这个吧?
-Rachel: Yeah.
是。
-Chandler: You don’t, like go into the back of my closet,
你没有,到我的洗手间后面,
And look under my gym bag or anything?
到我的运动包里找过吧?
-Phoebe and Rachel: No, we never do that
不,我们没找过呢里
(They turn away and couldn’t help laughing.)
-Chandler: Because that’s where Joey gave me some stuff to store that I’ve never seen before in my life!
因为Joey要给我东西前会先藏的地方可我这辈子都没找过那里!
Okay, that did not just happen! (He does a weird clicky motion with his fingers, that kinda hard to describe.)
clicky: click的变形,咔哒响的 describe: 描述
okay,这是不可能的!
[Scene: The Set, everyone is dancing.]
-Monica: Okay, here comes another camera.
okay,有过来一个摄影机。
-Ross: Right. No biggie. Stay loose.
biggie: <口>没什么大不 stay loose <口>放松
没错,没什么大不了的,放松点
(As the camera passes by, they start to dance really rigid, but the camera is facing the other way.)
rigid: 僵硬的
-Ross: Why do they keep doing that?
为什么他们老是这样?
-Monica: If we wanna get on camera,
如果我们想上镜头,
I think we have to get up on one of those platforms.
我想们应该上那个梯台,
They’ve been taping those people up there all day.
他们一直在拍那上面的人。
-Ross: Right.
没错。
(They move towards a platform, dancing really strangely as they go)
-Ross: Hey, what’d you guys do to get up on there?
嘿,你们干了什么他们让你上梯台的啊?
-Girl: We learned how to dance.
我学过怎么跳舞。
-Monica: Oh yeah? Well when you learned how to dance,
哦,也?当你学会怎么跳舞的时候
Did you forget how to put on underpants?
underpants: 内裤
你是不是忘记了怎么穿裤子?
-Ross: Yeah!
是的!
(Camera pans to Joey and Janine)
-Janine: Hey! You’re a good dancer!
嘿!你跳的真不错!
-Joey: Really?
真的吗?
-Janine: Yeah, well you’d be better if you just loosened your hips a little.
loosen: 使放松 hip: 屁股
也,你要是把你的臀部放松点会好些。
-Joey: What do you mean?
你什么意思?
-Janine: Like this.
像这样。
(She pulls Joey towards her and dances really close to him.)
-Janine: That’s it, feel the rhythm. That’s better.
rhythm: 旋律
就这样,感觉一下旋律,好些了。
-Joey: Uh-huh.
Uh-huh.
-Director: (To Joey) Okay, you’re dancing with that girl over there.
okay,你和那边那个女孩去跳舞。
-Joey: No-no-no-no-no we came together!
不-不-不-不我们是一起的!
-Director: I don’t see it. (To Janine) You are dancing with the tall guy over there.
我不这么认为.你和那个高个的跳舞.
Tall guy, raise your hand! (He does. Janine goes over to him.)
raise: 抬高
高个,举一下你的手
-Joey: No-no hey buddy, please let me dance with that girl,
不-不嘿,朋友,让我和那个女孩跳舞吧,
I really like her and I think I have a shot.
我真的喜欢她我觉得我有机会...
-Director: Really, y’think so? I don’t..
真的,你真得这么认为?我不....
(He leaves, and this girl grabs Joey and starts dancing really wild.)
[Scene: Monica and Chandler's apartment, Phoebe and Rachel are there and Chandler enters.]
-Chandler: I couldn't find anything at Joey--Hey-hey, oh hey!
Joey那边我什么都找不到,嘿嘿哦黑!
-Rachel: Yeah, we found them. They were in the guest room closet behind some coats.
guest room: 客房
这是我们找到的.在厕所里衣服下面的。
-Phoebe: Yeah, and you have nothing to worry about 'cuz they're all crap!
crap: 废物
也,你没什么可以担忧的因为都是些垃圾!
-Chandler: Those are my gifts, I got those for you.
这是我的礼物,为你们准备的。
-Phoebe: Ohhh. Thanks Chandler they're great!
哦,谢谢你Chandler,真得很棒!
-Rachel: Well Chandler, what is this very weird, metal A Z thing? well chandler,
这是什么很奇怪,金属A Z?
-Chandler: Those are book ends! That's a great gift!
book end: 书夹书靠
这是书夹,很棒的东东!
-Phoebe: Oh, okay, I'm sorry, thank you for my azzz.
哦,okay,我很抱歉,谢谢你为我的屁股准备的
-Rachel: Ha!
哈!
-Chandler: Make sure you put all that stuff back in the closet, okay?
你们把这些东西放回洗手间,okay?
-Rachel: Yes, okay, oh, by the way, I just gotta say,
是,好吧,哦,顺便我有些话要说,
I think it's really nice of you that even after you've moved,
我想你真得很不错,甚至在你搬走之后,
You still keep storing that stuff for Joey!
你仍保存着Joey的东西!
(Chandler does the weird clicky thing again.)
[Scene: The Set, the girl is still dancing with Joey.]
-Joey: (sees Janine leave the set with the tall guy) Hey-hey dancer girl! Can I go to the bathroom?
bathroom: 洗手间
嘿嘿跳舞的女孩,我可以去一下洗手间吗?
I just... (The girl starts dancing really close to him, so he picks her up, twirls her round, and puts her against a platform) Here we go. (He walks away to find Monica and Ross doing a really out of place dance) Looking good Gellers!
twirl: 使快速转动 out of place: 不在适当的位置不合适
我有点...让我们走,Geller 家的看上去真cool!
-Ross: We know!
我们知道!
-Monica: Hey, see that snippy guy over there?
snippy: <口>很粗鲁的傲慢的拽
嘿,看到那边那个脾气急躁的家伙吗?
He’s the one who decides who gets up on the platform. We should go dance by him.
他就是决定谁上梯台的家伙,我们应该到他旁边去跳。
-Ross: Okay.
好。
(They dance over to him.)
-Director: Okay, everybody hold!
okay,大家停一下
(Ross and Monica high-five)
-Director: Next on the platforms are…
接下来上梯台的是你们两个
(He points to the right of Ross and Monica, so they dance over to where he’s pointing to. He points away from them) …you two! And… (He points the other way, and Ross and Monica follow his arm. Again he points away.) …You two!
还有你们俩!
-Monica: Excuse me, sir, would it help if I weren’t wearing underpants?
对不起,先生,要是我不穿裤子是不是有用?
-Ross: Monica! (Pause) Would it? (The director shakes his head.) How about me? Monica!
Monica!怎样?我怎么样?Monica!
(The director shakes his head again.)
[Scene: The Men’s Bathroom, the tall guy is there as Joey enters.]
-Joey: Hey! Tall guy! Hey, listen,
嘿!高个!嘿,听着,
I wanted to talk to you about that girl that you’re dancing with.
我想和你谈谈那个和你一起跳舞女孩的事。
-Tall Guy: She’s nice, huh? To think I almost brought my wife to this!
她很不错,huh?我觉得我老婆差不多就是她!
-Joey: Yeah, yeah, okay. Uh, look buddy, I came with that girl,
Yeah, yeah, okay.朋友,我是和她一起来的,
And I had this plan to kiss her at the new years countdown
countdown: 倒计时
我还有个新年到来时吻她的计划,
I’m trying to win her over, so I was wondering if..
win her over: 赢得她的心,
我正在试图赢取她的芳心所以我在想.....
-Tall Guy: No I don’t think so.
不,我不这么认为。
-Joey: Oh come on man, you can dance with my partner, she’s real, uh, mellow!
mellow: <美俚>极好的令人愉快的
哦朋友,你可以和我的舞伴跳舞,她真的...很好!
-Tall Guy: Look, are you dating this girl you came with?
你有没有和你带来的那个女孩约会?
-Joey: Well, I was hoping after tonight that maybe I could you know…well,
我正希望今夜之后可能...你知道。
-Tall Guy: No, no. She’s fair game if you ask me, sorry buddy!
fair game: 准许捕猎的猎物可攻击的对象公平竞赛
不,不对谁来说都是公平的,对不起朋友!
-Joey: Alright, alright, hey y’know fair is fair I mean,
好的,好的,嘿!你知道公平....
(He pretends to wash his hands) if you’re right, you’re right, what can I say, but hey oh no! (He throws water on the guy’s pants)
你是对的...我该说些什么呢,但是嘿不
-Tall Guy: God! What are you, in second grade?
second grade: 小学二年级
天哪!你在干什么?你两年级吗?
-Joey: Hey, now you’re the one who wet his pants. (He throws another handful on him and runs out)
handful: 一把
嘿,现在是你把他的裤子弄湿了。
[Scene: Central Park, Rachel Chandler and Phoebe walk in to find Monica’s hidden presents]
-Rachel:You guys, I’m telling you Monica would not hide the presents down here.
伙计们,我告诉你们Monica不会藏它的礼物在这里的。
-Chandler:No, but she did. Look, there's that old hippie I've always wanted.
hippie: 嬉皮嬉皮模样的年青人
不,但是她做了,看,那就是我一直想的老嬉皮士。
-Rachel:Well,you know what, If they are here, Gunther knows about it.
嗯,你知道吗,如果他们在这,Gunther了解的。
-Phoebe:And I could get it out of him.
get sth out of sb: 从某人口中套出某事
我可以套他的话的。
He's had a huge crush on me. No-No, that’s not fair to play with his head, though. You do it.
have a crush on sb: 喜欢某人
他说他很喜欢我,不不,这样利用她不公平,还是你去。
-Rachel:Okay.(Comes over to Gunther and grabs his left hand)Hey, Gunther.
好的,嘿,Gunther。
Hi. (Rubbing his hand)Getting to be that holiday time again, huh?
嘿,圣诞节又到了阿?
-Gunther:Yes, it's like a miracle.
miracle: 奇迹
是,像是一个奇迹。
-Rachel:You know, I was thinking, you know, since it's the time of giving gifts,
你知道,我在想,你知道,既然到了送礼物的时候了。
I was wondering, are there any presents around here for me? You know what I mean?
我在想,这里又没有我的礼物?你知道我的意思?
-Phoebe:I think I found them.
我想我找到了。
-Chandler:That's the Toys for Tots collection bin.
tot: 小孩 collection: 收藏 bin: 箱柜【Toys For Tots is a program run by the United States Marine Corps Reserve which donates toys to children whose parents cannot afford to buy them gifts for Christmas. 】
那是要捐出去的玩具。
-Phoebe:That's awfully convenient, don't you think?
awfully: 非常很 convenient: 方面的
那很方面的模拟不这样认为么?
-Chandler:For the tots it is.
对捐赠单位来说。
-Rachel:Hey, you guys, guess what.
嘿,伙计们,猜猜。
-Phoebe:Did you find them?
找到了吗?
-Rachel:No, Gunther fainted.
faint: 昏晕昏倒
没有,Gunther晕倒了。
[Scene: The Set, Monica and Ross are dancing. Background Music:Trouble With Boys]
-Monica: Man, this sucks! Y’know if Mom and Dad don’t see us on TV after we made them so jealous,
糟透了!你知道要是我们弄得老爸老妈如此嫉妒而我们最后我们却没上电视,
I mean, who’s gonna be the losers then?
我的意思是,谁会变成失败者?
-Ross: Hey, I know what’ll get us up on a platform!
嘿,我知道我们该怎么把自己弄上那梯台了!
-Monica: What?
什么?
-Ross: The routine!
日常事务!
-Monica: Ross, we haven’t done the routine since middle school.
Ross, 我们中学之后再也没跳过The routine!
-Ross: Hey, when the snippy guy sees the routine, he’ll wanna build us our own platform!
snippy: 暴躁的,傲慢的
嘿,当那个坏脾气的家伙看到我们The routine他会给我们再搭一个梯台的!
-Monica: Was it really that good?
真有那么好吗?
-Ross: We got honourable mention in the brother/sister dance category!
mention: 传令嘉奖提名表扬 honourable mention:荣誉奖 category: 种类
在兄妹舞蹈的单子里我们可是被荣誉提名的哦!
Look, it’s almost fake midnight, do we really have any other choice?
fake: 假的
看,这反正是个假的午夜,我们真的还有别的选择么?
-Monica: Okay, let’s do it. Mom and Dad are gonna be so faced!
faced: <俚>极其兴奋的
okay,让我们干这个吧,老爸老妈一定会很有面子!
(They move into a space, and Ross points to his eyes and then to hers)
-Monica: 5 6 7 8!
5 6 7 8!
(They start the routine. However hard I try, I really cannot describe it. You will have to watch it. I’m sorry.)
(When they finish, they walk over to the director)
-Ross: So, do we really have to ask who’s going up on the platform next?
这么,我们真的一定要问接下来谁上梯台吗?
-Director: Oh no! You get up there and do that again exactly like that!
哦,不!你们快上梯台就把刚刚跳得再来一遍!
-Monica: Yes! (They run over to a platform)
是!
-Director: (To Cameraman) Make sure you get this, they’re gonna want it for the bloopers show.
cameraman: 摄影师 blooper: 大挫折
一定要把这个拍下来,傻瓜秀的时候他们一定会要这个。
(To everyone) Alright cut! Listen up everyone,
listen up: 听好了
Cut!大家听好了,
When we start again it’s gonna be the countdown to new years,
我们再次开机的时候,将是马上要新年的时候,
So I wanna see everybody’s excitement.
所以我想看到大家兴奋点
[Cut to Joey and Janine]
-Tall Guy: Hey, guy, you have about three seconds to get away from my partner.
嘿,朋友,你有3秒钟时间离开我的舞伴。
-Director: What’s going on over here?
发生什么事情了?
-Joey: Uh, take a look at the guy’s pants!
uh,快看这个人的裤子阿,
I mean, I know you told us to show excitement, but don’t you think he went a little overboard?
go overboard: 玩过火过头
我知道,你叫大家兴奋点,但你不觉得他有点过头了?
-Director: What’s the matter with you? Get out of here!
你是不是有病啊!滚远点!
-Joey: Yeah, take a hike wetpants!
hike: 远足 take a hike: 滚开
也,换一条远足防水裤吧!
(The director pushes the Tall Guy away)
[Cut to Ross and Monica, who are finally on a platform?]
-Ross: Can you believe this? We’re gonna be on the platform for the Millennium moment!
你能相信这个吗?我们将在梯台上迎接千禧年!
-Monica: I know! Hey, you haven’t been practicing the routine, have you?
我知道,黑,你没有一直在练routine吧?
-Ross: No!
不...
-Monica: Me too!
我也是!
-Ross: Hey, when the music starts up again,
嘿,音乐再响起的时候,
I was thinking of maybe going into the robot, y’know? (He mimics a robot)
robot:机器人 mimic: 模仿
我想我们可以试试机器人舞,你知道吗?
-Monica: Ross, I think we should stick to the routine, we don’t wanna look stupid!
stick to: 坚持
Ross,我想我们还是应该跳routine,我不想我们看起来像个傻瓜!
-Director: Alright we’re back! Ten seconds left here we go! Ten! Nine! Eight! Seven! (He continues to count as we hear Joey think)
好的,我们继续,还差10秒了。10,9,8,7!
-Joey’s Head: Okay, it all comes down to this. Whatever happens, happens. Destiny.
come down to: 归结为 destiny: 命运
okay, 一切顺其自然吧,那是命运。
-All: Three, Two, One!
3,2,1
-Director: Cut!
停!
-Joey: No! Year! Happy No Year!
不! 新年不快乐!
-Director: Okay, here’s where we go to the live shot of Times Square,
okay, 这里我们将切到时代广场的现场直播,
Nice work everyone that’s a wrap!
wrap: (电影)拍摄完工
大家干得不错就到这了!
(Everybody leaves although Monica and Ross who covers their ears are still dancing)
-Monica: What did that snippy guy say?
那个拽人说什么?
-Ross: I think he's kicking out anyone who's not dancing. So just keep dancing.
我想他把不跳舞的人赶走了,所以继续跳吧。
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s apartment, Chandler and Rachel are there, and Phoebe enters with the Chick and the Duck.]
-Phoebe: Hey! Look who I found!
嘿!看我找到谁了!
-Chandler: Oh, hey guys!
哦,好啊,伙计们
-Phoebe: Y’know, birds have a very good sense of direction,
sense of direction: 方向感
你知道,birds 对于方向又非常好的感觉,
And I thought maybe they could help us find where the presents are hidden.
我觉得他们说不定能帮我们找到礼物到底藏在哪里。
-Chandler: Yes, if the presents are hidden south for the winter.
是啊,要是礼物为了过冬藏在南边的话。
-Phoebe: Or we could just follow your clever jokes – any ideas?
要不我们可以跟随你聪明的笑话?
No! Didn’t think so! Okay, c’mon guys, show us where the presents are!
不!我不这么认为,好吧,加油伙计们,告诉我们礼物到底在哪里!
-Chandler: Oh, the duck seems to think that Monica got me garbage!
哦,鸭子似乎认为Monica会给我一堆垃圾!
Hmm, I wonder what I could get Monica that’s as good as garbage?
hmm,我想我能给monica些像垃圾一样的东西呢?
-Phoebe: Hmm, how about my azzz?
hmm,我的屁屁怎么样?
(Rachel sits on the window seat, and knocks against it)
-Rachel: Hey, this is hollow.
hollow: 空的
嘿,这边是空心的。
-Phoebe: What?
什么?
-Rachel: This bench, it’s hollow!
bench: 长凳长椅
这个长凳,是空心的!
I can’t believe I never knew that! (She pushes all the pillows off it and opens it up) Oh, the presents!!!
我简直不相信我从来不知道这个,哦,礼物!
-Phoebe: No, don’t look directly at them!
directly: 直接的
不,不要直接看着他们!
-Chandler: What?
什么?
-Phoebe: Alright, no, we could look at them!
好的,不,我可以看!
-Rachel: Oh, this one’s for me!
哦,这个是我的!
-Phoebe: Oh, this one’s for Chandler. Here.
哦,这个是chandler的.这呢。
-Chandler: Oh great!
哦!太棒了!
-Phoebe: And the big one’s for me!
这个大玩意是我的!
-Rachel: Ooh, let’s open them!
哦,让我们打开吧!
-Chandler: Okay! Okay! Okay!
Okay! Okay! Okay!
-Phoebe: Hee hee!
嘿嘿!
-Chandler: Wait a minute, we can’t do this.
等等,我们不能这样。
-Phoebe and Rachel: Why?
为什么?
-Chandler: I don’t wanna know what Monica got me. Y’know?
我不想知道Monica给我什么你知道?
I mean, look, I’m sure she worked really hard at getting you a present,
我的意思是,我确信她为了给你个礼物费了很多神,
And wanting to surprise me, and you guys are gonna ruin that,
并且他想给我们个惊喜,但你们正要把这一切都毁了。
And I, look we have to put these back, this is not what Christmas is about.
我,看着,我们得把它放回去这不是monica所关心的。
-Rachel: Whatever Linus, I’m opening mine.
不管怎样,我要开我的。
-Chandler: Nobody is opening anything ok?
没人开任何东西好不?
Look, I don’t know about you guys,
看着我不知道你们怎么想的,
But I wanna see the look on Monica’s face when I give her my present,
但是当我Monica我的礼物时我期待着看到她的表情,
And I’m sure she wants to see the look on my face when I get mine.
并且我想当Monica给我她的礼物时她同样期待着看到我的表情。
So please, please, can we just, can we put them back?
所以求求你们,我们是不是能把它放回去?
-Phoebe: Will you get us better gifts?
除非你给我更好的礼物?
-Chandler: Fine!
好吧!
(Monica enters, and they throw the gifts behind them.)
-Monica: Hey guys! You found the presents?
嘿伙计们!你们找到了我的礼物?
Chandler, you let them find the presents? Great!
chandler你让他们找到礼物的?太棒了!
Do you know how long it took me to find you that water purifier?
water purifier: 滤水器
你知道我花了多长时间帮你买到净水器吗?
-Chandler: That’s what you got me?
这就是你给我的?
-Phoebe: Oh yes, I see what you mean. That look is priceless.
priceless: <口>极为有趣的极为荒唐的
哦,我知道你什么意思了,这表情看上去毫无价值。
(Rachel leans over to look at him.)
lean: 靠
[Scene: Joey and Janine’s apartment, they both enter.]
-Joey: Home sweet home, huh? Nice to, uh, get back to reality.
多甜美的家啊,欢迎回到现实中来,
Plus we know how the New Year’s gonna go off.
go off: 进行
我们知道新年将怎么度过,
I guess there’s no reason for all that Y2K panic, y’know? Anyway, g’night!
【Y2K abbr.= Year 2000 Problem 千禧危机, 千年虫, 千年问题 (千年问题可以追溯到二十世纪六十年代. 当时计算器内存非常宝贵, 故而编程人员一直借助使用 MM/DD/YY 或 DD/MM/YY 即月月/日日/年年或日日/月月/年年的方式来显示年份, 但是当年序来到公元2000年的1月1日, 系统却无法自动辨识00/01/01究竟代表1900年的1月1日,还是2000年的1月 1日, 所有的软硬件都可能因为日期的混淆而产生资料流失、系统死机、程序紊乱、控制失灵等问题, 如此所造成的损失以及灾难是无法估计想像的) 】
我猜也没什么理由搞什么y2k的野餐了。管它呢,晚安!
-Janine: Joey.
Joey。
-Joey: Yeah?
什么?
-Janine: (She takes his hands) 3, 2, 1. (She kisses him for a long long time) Happy New Year.
3, 2, 1.新年快乐。
-Joey: Oh, yoii. (At a loss) What was that for?
at a loss: 困惑
这是为了什么?
-Janine: Well, I don’t know tonight when they yelled cut and we didn’t get to kiss,
yell: 喊
我不知道今晚当他们叫cut的时候我们没有接吻,
I was really, really, disappointed, and I just, really wanted to kiss you well,
disappointed: 失望的
我真的真得很失望,我真的很想吻你,
-Joey: Really? In the moment, I really wanted to kiss you too. In the moment.
真的?此刻,我也真得很想吻你,此刻。
-Janine: In the moment, yeah.
那个时候也。
-Joey: But only in the moment. So do ya wanna kiss again?
那个时候,那么,你还想kiss吗?
-Janine: Sure, New Year’s Eve is only two weeks away. Can you wait?
当然,新年夜只有2周了,你能等吗?
-Joey: No.
不。
-Janine: Me neither.
我当然等不了了。
-Joey: 3, 2,
3, 2,
-Janine: Joey, you don’t have to count down every time we kiss.
Joey你没必要我们每次接吻时都倒数。
-Joey: Uh, yeah, okay. Except I sorta felt like I needed a couple of seconds to get ready.
(They kiss to the music of Auld Lang Syne)
auld Lang Syne: <苏格兰>美好的昔日
uh,yeah,okay除非我可能感觉我需要几秒钟做一下准备。
[Scene: Monica and Chandler's apartment, everyone except Joey is there.]
-Monica: We were on the platform, ready to dance the world into the new Millennium, and the guy yelled ‘CUT!’
我们那时候正在梯台上,准备跳舞迎接y2k,那家伙竟然喊cut!
-Phoebe:So Joey didn't get to kiss Janine?
因此Joey没有去吻Janine?
-Ross:Nope, he sure didn't.
没有,他当然没有。
-Rachel:So,I guess that means that you guys are still tied.
因此,我想意思是说你们还仍然纠结在一起。
-Ross:I don't know about that.
我不知道那事。
I think she saw us do our routine.
我认为她看见我们做我们的routine。
I may have boogied right into first place.
boogie: 摇滚乐 (随着摇摆舞音乐节奏)摆动身体
刚开始,我可能要动身体。
-Rachel: Uh, wait, so you guys are telling me you actually did the routine from eighth grade?
等等,你们似乎在告诉我你们真的8年级以后还在跳 the routine?
-Monica: Yeah. But of course we had to update it a little bit.
也.但当然我们不得不更新一点东东。
(To Ross) Hey, by the way, great thinking about catching me!
嘿,顺便说一下你要抱我的想法真不错!
-Rachel:‘Cuz I was gonna say there’s no way you could’ve done the end the way you guys did it back then!
因为我得说你们不可能以过去的方法完成(the routine)最后一步!
-Monica: What? We could do it!
什么?我们可以做到的!
-Ross: I don’t know, I mean you were a lot bigger, I mean, stronger back then.
我不知道,我的意思是你那个时候有一点点大,我的意思是,强壮那个时候。
-Monica: I can do it, okay? Come on, let’s go. (She and Ross get up)
我可以做到的,okay?让我们做给你们看。
-Monica and Ross: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (Ross runs to be caught by Monica, but she moves out of the way)
1,2,3, 4,5,6,7,8
-Monica: I can’t do it! (Ross falls into Monica’s room)
我做不到!
-Chandler: Now you do that, you’re on TV.
现在你做那了,你上电视了。
词汇解析:Gail 校对:橄榄



评 论


