看 Friends 学英语第八季 15集:The One With Birthing Video
[Scene: Central Perk. Rachel is getting a cup of coffee as Joey and Phoebe enter and sit down.]
-Phoebe: Oh! Hey, Rach!
嘿,Rach!
- Rachel: Hi! Hey, Happy Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day: 情人节
嗨,情人节快乐!
- Phoebe: Oh, you too.
哦,也祝你情人节快乐。
- Joey: Hey, so, uh, how’s it going living over at Ross’?
at Ross’: 在Ross加
你和Ross重新住在一起后感觉如何?
- Rachel: It’s good. Except he makes us watch the Discovery Channel all day long.
Discovery Channel:探索频道 all day long:整天,全天
除了我每天不得不陪他看“探索”频道以外一切都不错,
Did you know that something really boring happened to someone really ugly in the Middle Ages?
really: 真正地,实在 boring: 令人厌烦的,无聊的 ugly: 丑陋的,难看的
你知道吗,在中古时代那些难看的原始人真的很令人厌烦吗?
Oh, thank you. I’ll see you guys later.
谢谢你们,过会见!
-Phoebe: Okay.
好!
-Joey: Bye.
拜!
There’s one lucky to-go cup of coffee.
to-go: adj.外卖的
我要是她手中的那杯咖啡该多好。
-Phoebe: Honey, I wish you would get over her. I hate seeing you like this.
honey:宝贝,心爱的人 get over:从……中恢复过来【这里的意思是忘记】
亲爱的,我希望你能忘记她
Is there anything I can do for you? Do you want to look down my top?
look down: 俯视,向下看,看 top: 衣服【这里指内衣】
我能为你做什么吗?你要看我的内衣吗?
-Joey: Thanks. But maybe later.
later: 过一会儿,以后
谢了, 一会再说吧。
-Phoebe: Oh, Gunther, can I get a scone?
scone: 一种圆饼,烤饼
噢,Gunther,我要一张烤饼。
-Gunther: You want anything?
你要什么?
-Joey: You know what I want? I want a lot of things!
你想知道我要什么?我想要很多东西,
I want to be with the woman I love on Valentine’s Day!
Valentine’s Day:情人节
我想和我心爱的女人共度情人节。
And I want her to love me back!
并且我希望她也一样爱我,
And I want just one moment of relief from the gut-wrenching pain of knowing that that’s never gonna happen!
relief: 减轻,解除 gut-wrenching: 撕心裂肺的
我想要哪怕就那么短暂的一刻来减轻我撕心裂肺的痛苦。
-Gunther: We have red bagels.
Bagels:百吉饼
我们只有非常好吃的百吉饼,要吗?
-Joey: Oh, okay.
要啊。
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s. Ross and all the three girls are sitting in the living room talking.]
-Monica: So how do you guys like living together so far?
你们住在一起这么久,感觉怎么样?
-Ross: Oh, it's been good.
很好!
-Rachel: Yeah. Except Ross is more uptight about crumbs than you are.
uptight: <口>烦躁的,急躁不安的 crumb: 面包屑
是的,除了Ross比你对面包屑还要烦躁。
-Monica: And I am not uptight about crumbs.
我不喜欢面包屑,
It's just that, you know…crumbs attract mice.
只有你。你知道吗,面包屑吸引老鼠?
And mice leave droppings.
dropping: n.(pl.)鸟兽的粪便
老鼠会留下粪便,
And that's how the plague started.
relive: (在想像中)再体验再经历 plague: 瘟疫,麻烦
而这就会引起瘟疫。
So you wanna relive that again....
你想再体验一下那种生活?
-Rachel: Mice didn't start the plague. Rats did. Rattus norvegicus, to be exact.
rat: 老鼠 rattus: 家鼠 norvegicus: 褐家鼠
老鼠不会引起瘟疫,耗子会,确切来说是褐家鼠会。
Oh, good God, Ross. Nick at Nite, once in a while. All right, I'm going.
Nick at Nite: 尼克的晚间生活
噢,天啊,Ross,我要去看“尼克的晚间生活”,就一会儿,好吗?
-Monica: Bye. Oh, Phoebe, will you wait here?
再见。Phoebe,等一会儿,
I wanna get your opinion on something.
opinion: 看法,意见
我想了解一下你对有些事的看法。
-Phoebe: Yeah.
对。
So, Ross,how does Mona feel about you and Rachel living together?
嘿,蒙娜如何看待你和瑞秋住到一块儿这件事?
-Ross: Oh, I’m actually on my way to tell her right now.
be on one’s way to do : (还没做)行将要做…
哦实际上我还没跟她提起这事
Yeah, she’s been away all week visiting her parents, but she’ll be cool.
因为,一星期前她去探望她父母了,
I mean, she’s been so supportive.
supportive: 支持的,给与帮助和支持的
但我想她肯定会理解我的。
She-she even got the baby a tiny T-shirt that says, ‘ Fossils are my friends.’
tiny: 极小的,微小的 fossil: 化石
对了,她甚至给我和瑞秋的孩子买了件小衣服,上面印着“化石我的朋友”
-Phoebe: Ugh. Come on, Mona, don’t kiss ass.
kiss ass: <俚>拍马屁
哦怎么会蒙娜别讨好他。
-Ross: Uh, I’m going to take off.
take off: 匆匆离去,急忙离开
那我要走了。
-Phoebe: All right. Oh! Shoot! Oh shoot! Uh, Rachel wanted to see this tape!
tape: 录像带
哦对了,我想起来了,瑞秋想看这盘录象带。
-Ross: What is it?
什么带子?
-Phoebe: It’s a video of my friend giving birth. Could you just bring it back to your apartment?
give birth: 生小孩,生孩子 bring: 带来 apartment: 公寓,寓所
这是我一个朋友生孩子的录象,你能把它带回公寓吗?
-Ross: All right. 'Candy and Cookie?’
没问题,糖果和饼干?
-Phoebe: Yeah. Candy’s the mother, Cookie’s the daughter.
是的。孩儿她妈叫糖果,孩儿叫饼干,
The father’s also Cookie. Why am I friends with these people?
be friends with:【 …: 和….是朋友】 candy: 糖果 cookie: 饼干
当然了,孩儿她爹也叫饼干,我怎么会和这种人交朋友?
-Monica: Phoebe, I’m here. I want to show you something in the bathroom.
bathroom: 浴室,厕所
菲比过来一下,我想在浴室里给你看些东西。
-Phoebe: Oh, Monica, grow up!
grow up: 长大,成熟
Moncia,你都这么大了还扯这事?
-Ross: Hey, what is behind your back?
嘿,你后面藏着什么?
-Monica: Nothing. Just something I want to get Phoebe’s opinion on for Valentine’s Day.
Valentine’s Day:情人节
没什么,只是我想听听菲比的意见, 在情人节该穿哪一套衣服。
-Ross: You don’t want my opinion?
你不想听听我的意见?
-Monica: Not really.
不太想。
-Ross: Come on, I’m your older brother, ask me!
come on: 别这样,来嘛
我可是你哥哥啊,你得征求我的意见!
-Monica: All right, big brother.
好的,大哥,
Which of these do you think would make your little sister look hotter,
hot: 热辣的,性感的
你认为这里哪一件,让你妹妹看起来更惹火,
so your best friend would want to do her?
让你最好的朋友有欲望和她做爱?
-Ross: The red one.
红色那件。
[Scene: Joey and…wait…just Joey’s. Joey is sitting at the counter eating a pizza.]
at the counter: 在柜台旁 counter: 柜台
-Phoebe: Hey. Look, I know you’ve been really depressed lately,
depressed:沮丧的,失落的 lately: 最近,近来
嗨,我知道你最近很沮丧,
so I brought someone over to cheer you up.
cheer ...up: 让某人高兴起来
所以我带来了一个能振作你的东西,
Right outside this door is a real, live, furry playmate.
furry: 多毛的毛茸茸的 playmate: .玩伴
在门外的是一个真正的玩伴,
-Joey: No, I’m not sleeping with your friend Jane again.
sleep with: 与.....睡觉,与…...性交
不,我不要再和你的朋友Jane睡觉了。
-Phoebe: He-hee!
嘿。
-Joey: Hey! A dog! Hi! Who, you got to admit, looks a lot like Jane.
admit: 承认
噢,是只狗好吗?你必须承认,它看起来很象Jane呢。
-Phoebe: This is the happiest dog in the world.
这是世界上最快乐的狗,
I borrowed him from my friend Wendy.
我从我的朋友Wendy那借过来的。
Now, you can keep him until he cheers you up. And he will cheer you up!
keep: 保留,喂养(动物)
你可以留着它直到你高兴起来,它会使你高兴起来的,
I borrow him myself from time to time when I get depressed thinking about world hunger, poverty.Not to trivialize your pain.
from time to time: 有时 trivialize: 使平凡使相形见拙使微不足道
当我想到饥饿,贫困变得很沮丧的时候,有时也会把它接过来,它会让我的痛苦减到很小。
-Joey: Thanks so much, Pheebs! We are going to have so much fun, yes we are! Oh! Not that kind of fun.
谢谢你菲比,我们会玩的很高兴的,不过不是玩那种事!
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s. Chandler enters with a bouquet of roses.]
a bouquet of : 一束(花)
-Chandler: Happy Valentine’s!
嘿情人节快乐!
-Monica: Okay! I’ll be right out.
be right out: 马上就到,随后就到
好的!我马上来。
I’m slipping into something a little less comfortable, and a little more slutty.
我的slip into: 滑入 comfortable: 舒适的,舒服的 slutty: 性感的
衣服太紧了,不过,非常诱人。
-Chandler: ‘Candy and Cookie’.‘Candy and Cookie?’
糖果和饼干?糖果和饼干?
Monica got me porn?! Girl-on-girl porn?!
porn: 色情片 girl-on-girl: 【女同性恋性交】
莫尼卡送我一盘色情片?两个女人的色情片?
She really must love me!!
她一定很爱我!!!
-Man on TV: Yeah, just relax.
现在,放松。
-Chandler: I love you, St. Valentine.
St. Valentine: 情人节之神
我爱你情人节之神。
Woah, woah, that’s not pretty!
噢哇,这都是什么啊?
-Man on TV: Now, push!
用力!
-Woman on TV: Ow! Ow! Ooh! That hurts!
啊!啊!好痛啊!
-Chandler: Worst porn ever! Worst porn ever!
这是我看过的最差的色情片。
-Woman on TV: Ohhh! Make it stop!
快停下!
-Chandler: I am trying!
我已经按了停止键了!
[Scene: Joey’s. Joey is playing fetch with the dog.]
playing fetch with: 去吧,去拿,捡回来【一种小游戏】
-Joey: Get the ball, ready? Get the ball, get the ball!
捡球知道吗?捡球!
Well, you’re cute, but you’re not too smart!
cute: 可爱的 smart: 聪明的
很可爱,可惜不够聪明
Did I just throw this?
是我扔出去的?
-Rachel: Hi.
嗨!
-Joey: Hi.
嗨!
-Rachel: I accidentally packed these with my stuff. Who is this?
accidentally: 不小心地 pack: 装满,塞满 stuff: 东西,物品
我不小心把这些也拿走了,这是谁?
-Joey: Oh, that’s, uh, that’s Phoebe’s friend’s dog.
哦,这是菲比朋友的狗。
-Joey: I don’t know what his real name is, but I call him Mozzarella.
Mozzarella: 意大利白干酪
我不知道它的真正的名字,但我叫它“意大利干酪”。
-Rachel: Oh, well, you are so cute!
你怎么这么可爱啊!
I wish I could play with you more, but I’ve got to go to work!
play with: 玩弄,和……玩耍
我也很想和你玩但我要工作去了,
-Rachel: I hope I stop talking like this before my marketing meeting, yes I do. Yes I do.
我必须在公司开会前,停止象这样子说话。
Bye-bye, Joey. Oh, I seriously can’t stop it.
seriously:认真地,真的,确实
拜拜,乔伊,我真的停止不了。
-Joey: C’mere. Hey. C’mere.
C’mere=come here:过来
过来!嘿!嘿!
That’s Rachel.
那是瑞秋。
She’s the one who used to live here. Might as well be honest with you—we love her.
But we can’t have her.
might as well be honest with you:【就和你坦白吧】
她以前住这里的,可能我应该对你坦白一点--,我们都爱她,但我们都不能拥有她。
I really miss her. Well, hey, you understand, right?
我真的很想她。嘿你明白?
You’re a guy. Well, you used to be.
你是个真正的男子汉,噢,以前是。
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s. Chandler is sitting on the couch staring at the tape on the coffee
table with his eyes huge and his mouth wide open.]
couch: 长椅 huge: 巨大的,庞大的 wide: 广大地,全部地
-Monica: So what do you think?
你看怎样?
I’ve still got it!
我还是穿上了。
-Chandler: Why did you get me this?
你为什么要给这个我?
-Monica: What is it?
这是什么?
-Chandler: It’s yelling…bleeding…dilating. Oh, the dilating…
dilate: 扩大膨胀 yell: 惨叫,大叫 bleed: 出血,流血
这是惨叫,流血,膨胀!!噢膨胀!
-Monica: Is this the video of the baby being born?
这是那婴儿出生的录象?
Sweetie, this is Phoebe’s.
这是菲比的。
Why were you even watching it?
你干吗要看啊?
-Chandler: I thought…maybe…you got me porn for Valentine’s Day.
我以为你会在情人节送我色情片嘛。
-Monica: Chandler, if you thought I was going to get you porn for Valentine’s Day…
you were right!
钱德,如果你认为我会在情人节送你色情片,你就猜对了。
Apparently, it’s about a young girl who moves to the big city, you know, in search of stardom,
in search of stardom: 追求明星梦
很显然这是关于一个年轻女孩刚到一个大城市,想做演员,
but ends up having sex with a lot of guys!
但最后和很多人作爱的故事。
Yeah, it got four stars!
哇,这是四星级的色情片!
Oh, wait a minute. Those aren’t stars.
咳,看错了,那些不是星星。
Anyway, you want to take a look?
take a look: 看一看
嘿你想要看看吗?
-Chandler: Well, I’m not really in a sexy mood right now.
In …mood: 有…..心情和情绪
我现在实在没什么心情看色情片。
-Monica: Honey, what’s going on?
发生什么事了?
-Chandler: Well, remember the first time we saw Jaws?
remember: 记住,记得 jaws: 大白鲨
你记得你第一次看《大白鲨》吗?
-Monica: Mm-hmm.
嗯。
-Chandler: How long it took to go back in the water?
how long it take to… 花了多久才…
看完之后,你多久以后才敢下水?
-Monica: Chandler, we can’t let this tape wreck Valentine’s Day!
wreck: 破坏,造成…失事
Chandler 我们不能因为这盘录象影响我们的情人节啊。
You gotta get past it.
你一定要跨过这道坎!
-Monica: Just get back on the horse.
Get back on the horse: 重振雄风(重新上马)
重振雄风!
Otherwise, the horse is gonna go into the bedroom and change into her sweatpants.
Gonna=going to: 即将 sweatpant: 运动裤
否则我就回房去换运动裤了。
-Chandler: You don’t know. You didn’t see it.
你不知道的,你又没有看过。
-Monica: Child-birth, it’s a natural thing! It’s beautiful.
natural: 自然的 beautiful: 美丽的
Chandler 这是很自然的东西这是很美好的事情啊!
-Chandler: Oh, beautiful? Really? Beautiful? You think this is beautiful?
美好?真的吗?你认为这就叫美好?
-Monica: Oh! Oh, my God! No wonder my mother hates me!
噢天啊!难怪我妈这么恨我。
-Chandler: See, honey, there’s—
亲爱的,那是因为...
-Monica: Don’t touch me!
别碰我!
[Scene: Central Perk. Ross is sitting on the couch reading a magazine as Mona enters.]
magazine: 杂志
-Mona: Hi!
嗨!
-Ross: Hey! So, how was Atlantic City?
嘿,亚特兰大之旅感觉如何?
-Mona: Good.
很好。
-Ross: Yeah?
真的?
-Mona: I brought you back a present.
我给你带了礼物。
-Ross: Wha—? Oh, come on. You didn’t have to
亲爱的,你其实不必...
—saltwater taffy?! Thanks!
saltwater adj.海产的盐水的
盐水太妃糖!!!谢谢!
You know,this is interesting.
知道吗,这很有趣。
You know, most people think this is made with sea water, but it’s actually made with, uh, salted fresh water. That’s not interesting.
be made with: 由…作成 fresh water: 淡水
很多人以为这是海水做的。其实,这是淡水加盐做的,并不有趣。
-Mona: I think it’s interesting.
我觉的很有意思。
-Ross: I do too! I missed you!
我也是!我很想你!
-Mona: I missed you, too! So, how was your week?
我也是!我很想你啊!这周你过得怎样?
-Ross: Oh, it was good! It was good. Actually, the baby started kicking!
kick: 踢,踢腿
哦很好,告诉你,婴儿开始踢脚了。
-Mona: How exciting!
Exciting: 令人兴奋的
真的吗!噢,噢!
-Ross: It was amazing. The only sad thing is I wasn’t around when it happened for the first time.
amazing: 令人惊异的
不可思议!不幸的是头一次踢脚我没在她身边。
-Mona: Oh no.
哦不会吧?
-Ross: Yeah, I’m missing out on all this other stuff, too. So, Joey suggested Rachel move in with me.
miss out: 遗漏错过(+on) suggest: 建议
是啊还有 我还错过了好多事,乔伊劝瑞秋搬到我那去。
-Mona: Yeah right!
真的吗?
-Ross: What?
怎么了?
-Mona: Joey cracks me up! It’s like, ‘Yeah, why don’t you have your ex-wife move in with you? That wouldn’t be awkward at all!’
crack sb up: 和某人开玩笑【<俚>make someone feel very funny】 ex-wife: 前妻
awkward: 尴尬的
乔伊明显是在和你开玩笑啊!这就象...“为何不和你前妻一起住啊?”
-Ross: Huh…uh-huh.
这一点都不尴尬!
-Mona: Huh, could you imagine? I go away for a few days, and come back, and my boyfriend is living with some woman he got pregnant!
imagine: 想象,猜测 pregnant: 怀孕的
嘿,你能想象吗?我刚离开几天,当我回来时,我男友就想和被他搞大肚子的女人住到一起。
-Mona: So, what’d you tell him?
那么你怎么回答?
-Ross: Just a second!
等一会!
[Scene: Central Perk. Ross and Phoebe are sitting on the couch.]
couch: 沙发,长椅
-Phoebe: How could you not tell Mona that Rachel is living with you?
你为何不告诉Mona,Rachel和你一块住啊?
-Ross: I don’t know, she seemed to think it was such a crazy idea! Um, plus, she, uh, she got me taffy!
crazy: 疯狂的 plus: 而且,再说 taffy: 太妃糖
我不知道,她觉得这是个疯狂的想法。哦,另外,厄,她送我太妃糖。
-Phoebe: Taffy, really? I’ve never had any.
太妃糖?真的吗?我没吃过呢
-Ross: Ever?!
从没吃过?
-Phoebe: Well, I think my mother was too busy planning her suicide to provide saltwater treats.
be busy dong: 忙于 suicide:自杀
我母亲忙于准备自杀,所以没空买给我吃>
Thank you! So what, you’re just never gonna tell her?
treat: 招待,款待
谢谢!那你不准备告诉她啦?
-Ross: Oh, no, no, no, I will! I just want to butter her up,
to butter up someone:【指对人不寻常地客气,过份地奉承,目的是在于赢得此人的好感,或者是要他给你一种特别的好处。】
不,我会说的,我只是先给她点心理准备。
First! You know, I’m going to take her to an amazing Valentine’s dinner.
Valentine: 情人节
首先,我会和她吃一顿情人节大餐,
Do all this romantic stuff, and then, just when she thinks I’m the best boyfriend in the world,
然后做尽浪漫的事,然后当她认为我是世上最好的男友时,
then I’m going to tell her that my pregnant ex-girlfriend is living with me.
romantic: 浪漫的 pregnant: 怀孕的 ex-girlfriend: 前女友
我就告诉她,我和怀孕的前妻住在一起。
-Phoebe: If I haven’t said it before: she’s a lucky, lucky lady!
lucky: 幸运的
我可能以前没说过,她真是世界上最幸运的女人。
So, where are you going to—
那,你要去哪里--
what the mother of crap is up with this stuff? Oh, God. Is it gum, is it food? What’s the deal? Oh, it’s nice! May I try a pink one?
crap: 粪便,垃圾【这里指太妃糖】 gum: 有粘性,橡皮糖
这是什么垃圾啊!天啊这是口香糖?还是食物?这到底是什么鬼东西!!哦,很好吃,我能选一颗粉红色的吗?
-Ross: So I just have to plan the perfect night. Hey, what's the best date you ever had?
perfect: 完美的,理想的 date: 约会
所以我只需要着手准备拿完美之夜。嗨,你有过的最好的约会是什么样的?
-Phoebe: Last year, Greg Hayman took me to a very nice sushi dinner.
sushi: 寿司
去年,Greg Hayman带我去了一家寿司店吃晚饭,
Then we took a romantic walk to a nearby research lab where we trashed the place and freed 20 monkeys.
romantic: 浪漫的 trash: 【美国口语】捣毁,破坏 free: .释放
后来我们一起散步去了一个研究实验室,在那儿,我们放生了20只猴子。
-Ross: I knew it! I knew I wasn't crazy! Last year, a monkey did attack me at the bus stop!
crazy: 疯的 attack: 袭击
我知道,我知道!我没有疯,去年在公交车站确实有一只猴子袭击我了。
[Scene: Joey’s. Joey is laying on his recliner, depressed, and the dog is laying on the footrest.]
recliner: 装有软垫的靠椅 depressed: 沮丧的 footrest: 脚凳
-Joey: So, between her and me being friends, and her history with Ross, it just isn’t gonna happen.
所以她和我成为朋友,再加上她和罗斯还“曾经沧海”,所以,我和她不可能有什么结果。
It would be like you falling in love with a cat.
fall in love with: 爱上某人
就象你和一只猫谈恋爱一样。
-Phoebe: Hey!
嗨!
-Joey: Hey.
嗨!
-Phoebe: Hey, buddy. How’s my favorite dog, huh? How’s my favorite dog? You’re subdued. Did you give him a beer?
buddy: 好朋友,兄弟 subdued : .顺从的抑制住的压抑的
嘿伙计,我最爱的狗怎么啦!?我最爱的狗怎么啦?你被打败了?你给它喝啤酒了吗?
-Joey: No.
没有!
-Phoebe: Will you excuse us, we need to talk for a moment.
excuse: 原谅
失陪一下我们要聊一聊。
-Joey: Yeah, sure. Go ahead. Oh, me, right!
没问题!哦你是要和我聊?
-Phoebe: He’s miserable! What happened to him?
miserable: 痛苦的
它太可怜了!究竟发生什么事了?
-Joey: Nothing. We just talked about stuff.
什么事也没发生啊!我只是告诉它一些事
-Phoebe: What stuff?
什么事儿?
-Joey: Rachel stuff.
关于瑞秋的那些事。
-Phoebe: Oh…Joey, you bummed him out! This is the happiest dog in the world, and he spends half a day with you, and look at him!
bum sb out: <俚>使某人难受,不开心
噢,乔伊你害死它了,它曾经是世界上最快乐的狗,但在它陪伴你半天后,你再看看它!
-Joey: He’s breathing!
起码它还活着。
-Phoebe: Okay, well, he's watching us so just look happy, okay? Okay, I’m going to take him back to Wendy’s.
好啦,我要把它还给Wendy!
-Joey: No, no, no, no!
不!
He’s fine! Look, look, look!
它很好,你看!
Here’s your ball! Get your ball! Get your ball! Get your ball! Of course.
去捡球!捡球啊!!捡球!捡 - 噢,你当然不愿意去。
You don't want a tennis ball.Now you can have a meatball.
meatball: 肉团
因为你你有了肉团,去捡肉团!
Come on, get the meatball.
去啊,去捡啊!
My God, what have I done to you, huh?
天啊!我都对你干了些什么啊?
I broke the dog! Pheebs, I broke the dog! Thanks.
我害了这条狗!是我害了这条狗!谢谢。
[Scene: Ross and…Rachel’s…I guess I have to call it that now. Rachel is reading on the couch
as Ross enters.]
-Ross: Well, I’m, uh, going to pick up Mona. What have you got going on tonight?
pick up: 接,用车接 tonight: 今晚
好了,我要去接蒙娜了,你准备今晚到哪里去啊?
-Rachel: Oh, I’ve got big Valentine’s plans! I’ve got my Chinese food on the way, and the rest of your saltwater taffy!
on the way: 在途中,即将到来 saltwater taffy: 盐水太妃糖
哦我有个“情人节大计”,我回家路上买了中国菜,还有你剩下的盐水太妃糖。
-Ross: Y’know, it’s interesting! Most people think that’s made with seawater, when in fact—
Y’know=you know interesting: 有趣的
你知道吗,有趣的是很多人认为这是海水做的,其实...
-Rachel: Ross, we actually watched the documentary together.
documentary: 纪录片 actually: 实际上
Ross,我们是一起看关于盐水糖的记录片的。
Ooh! My Chinese food! Let me get my cash!
cash: 现金
哦,我订的中国菜来了,我得去拿钱包了。
-Ross: Mona? What are—hi! What are you doing here? I’m, um, supposed to pick you up!
suppose: 被期待
蒙娜!怎么...嗨!嗨,你怎么会来这儿?应该是我去接你啊!
-Mona: Change of plans, I made you a special Valentine’s dinner! Surprise!
change of plans: 计划变更 surprise: 惊喜
计划有变,我打算亲自给你做一顿特别的情人节晚餐!惊喜吗?
-Ross: Ayyyayyyy!
嗯,嗯。
-Rachel: Oh, hey, Mona!
哦,嗨,Mona!
-Mona: Hi! Hi. Hi, Rachel! What’s she doing here?
嗨,嗨,瑞秋。她在这里干什么?
-Ross: I have no idea!
我也不知道啊。
-Rachel: I’ll be watching TV if anybody needs me.
我会去看电视,不用管我。
-Mona: Seriously, what is she doing?
seriously: 认真点,严肃地
我再问一遍,她在这儿干什么?
-Ross: Uh…lately, she just likes hanging out here.
hang out: 闲逛
嗯,你知道吗?近来,她就喜欢赖在这儿。
-Mona: Why?
为什么?
-Ross: I think she’s lonely.
我想是因为她孤独吧。
-Mona: Okay, but it’s Valentine’s Day!
好,但今天是情人节啊。
-Ross: I know.
我知道。
-Mona: Can’t we just ask her to go?
你能叫她走吗?
-Ross: No, no. She’s way too emotional. And by emotional I mean crazy.
emotional: 易动感情的
哦,不,她现在很情绪化。我所指的“情绪化”是“发狂”。
-Rachel: I’m not here! That’s just my Chinese food!
当我不存在好了,我的中国菜到了。
-Mona: Oh, my God! She has food delivered here?
delivered: 已交付的,已到达的
她叫了外卖?
-Ross: Mm-hmm. She’s—she’s emotional, but, but ballsy.
ballsy: 有胆量的有种的
是的,她很情绪化,但很有胆量。
-Rachel: You know what I’m gonna do? I’m going to get in my sweats, and eat this in bed!
你知道我要怎么做吗?我要回我的小房间,然后在床上吃这个。
-Ross: And you thought she was gonna be in our way!
be in our way: 妨碍我们
你一定在想她妨碍我们吧!
So, why don’t you, uh, open the champagne, and I’ll be right back. I’ve got a surprise for you.
champagne: 香槟
好,不如你开香槟吧。我很快回来,我要给你一个惊喜!
-Mona: You got another ex-wife back there?
你要带另一个前妻回来吗?
-Ross: Please start drinking!
不如,你先喝点酒吧!
-Rachel: I’m just going to grab the phone.
grab: 抓取,接
我只是来拿电话。
-Mona: Oh, Rachel! Wait! Hey, I hope you don’t take this the wrong way, but, but, um… what are you doing?
don’t take this the wrong way: 请不要误解
噢,瑞秋,等等!嘿,我希望你不要误会,但,恩,你在干什么啊?
-Rachel: Oh, I’m sorry! Do you need the phone?
哦,对不起,你要用电话吗?
-Mona: No, no. Listen, Ross is too nice to say anything, but this is his apartment, and, and, we gotta have some boundaries,
boundary: 边界分界线
不,不,有些话Ross并不好意思说但这是他的公寓,我们之间要有一定的界线,
so why don’t you go back to your place and give us some privacy?
privacy: 隐私
所以你为何不回自己家去给我们一些隐私呢?
-Rachel: But, but, Mona, I live here.
但,蒙娜,我住在这里啊。
-Ross: Happy Valentine’s Day! …Or something to remember me by.
情人节快乐!!或者,用来做个纪念吧!
[Scene: Monica and Chandler’s. Monica and Chandler are sitting on the couch still staring at the
screen.]
screen: 屏幕
-Monica: How long has it been this time?
已经多久了?
-Chandler: 90 seconds.
second: 秒
九十秒!
-Monica: That’s better. 90 seconds is a long time not to think about it…except all I did was think about it.
except: 除了
很好,能有90秒不去想这件事已经很不错了,但我还是不由自主的在想。
-Chandler: You know, it haunts me?
haunt :.(思想,回忆等)萦绕在...心头使困扰
你知道吗?它也一直在困扰我。
Up till now, the worst thing I ever saw, was my father doing tequila shots off the naked houseboy.
shot : (烈酒等的)一小杯 houseboy: 男仆 tequila shots:【鸡尾酒】 naked: 裸体的,赤裸的
从小到大,我见过最差的事儿就是,看到我父亲用鸡尾酒喂我们家的裸体男佣。
After this, I would gladly make that my screensaver!
screensaver: 屏保
但看过这盘录像带以后我倒是宁可用那一幕来做我的电脑屏保。
-Monica: Okay, well, we have to get past this! Why don’t we get rid of the tape and pretend it never existed? ?
get rid of: 摆脱,除去 pretend: 假装
我们必须克服这种情况,为什么我们不能忽略它假装它是不存在的呢?
-Chandler: I can do that.
我能做到这一点。
-Monica: Okay.
好!
-Chandler: Okay. Now all we’ve got to do is get rid of this chair.
get rid of sth: 摆脱某事,忘记某事
现在我们要做的就是忘记这张椅子。
-Monica: Oh, thank God!
噢,谢天谢地!
-Chandler: Oh, I know!
噢,我知道!
-Monica: Come in!
请进!
-Rachel: Hi! I’m so sorry to barge in on your Valentine’s, but I had to get away from all the yelling. Mona is dumping Ross.
barge in: 闯入 yelling: 大叫,惨叫 dump: 扔,猛掷【这里是分手的意思】
嗨,很抱歉我打扰你们的情人节,但我要摆脱所有争吵,蒙娜和罗斯刚才分手了。
-Monica: Oh, my God.
噢,天啊!
-Chandler: Poor Ross.
可怜的Ross!
-Chandler: Oh, great. We have to watch him do yoga in his underwear, but for this he closes the drapes!
Yoga: 瑜伽 underwear: 内衣内裤 drapes: 布帘,窗帘
我想要看他穿着内裤做瑜珈,他把窗帘拉上了。
-Monica: Rach, you know that birthing tape you wanted to see? It’s here.
Rach,你知道你要看生孩子的录像带吗?
-Chandler: Oh, and we should warn you, before you watch it: don’t watch it.
哦,在你看之前,我们要警告你不要看。
-Rachel: Why? You saw it? Is it scary?
scary: 恐怖的,吓人的
为什么?你看过啦?很可怕吗?!
-Chandler: Well, let’s just say it’s ironic how footage of someone being born can make you want to kill yourself.
Ironic: 具有讽刺意味的出乎意料的 footage: (影片的)连续镜头
不如这样说吧,很讽刺的是一盘介绍生命诞生的录像带会使你觉得生不如死。
-Monica: Honey, she may not have to watch it but she's going to have to do it.
亲爱的,她也许可以不看,但她不得不看。
-Rachel: Well, now, wait. Now I’m all freaked out. Come on, you guys will watch it with me?
freak out: 吓坏了
天哪,有这么可怕吗?既然如此,你们要陪我一起看。
-Monica: No, but I will leave a sweater that smells like me right next to you!
sweater: 连衣裙,毛线衣 right next to you: 就在你身边
我可不干,但我可以留下有我气味的毛衣在你身旁。
-Rachel: Monica, come on. You want to have kids.
Monica,来嘛,你不是还想要孩子嘛。
-Monica: I do. But the stork is gonna bring mine.
stork: 鹳【送子鸟】
我想啊,但老天爷不成全啊。
-Rachel: C’mon, seriously, you guys, you’re not going to make me watch this alone!
alone: 独自,一个人
说真的,你们真忍心让我独自一个人看?
-Monica: She’s right…of course not. Honey, get the tape.
她说的对,我们当然不会这么做。把录像带拿来。
-Chandler: This reminds me of a very specific part of the tape.
remind: 提醒 specific: 特殊的,具体的
这让我想起带子中的某一幕。
-Rachel: Oh, sure.
Ok,来吧。
-Chandler: Okay, here we go.
好,开始了。
-Rachel: Okay. Ooh, my! Woah! Why is that baby torturing that woman?!
torture: 折磨,拷问
天哪,为什么那婴儿要这样折磨那个女人?
-Chandler: Why have I seen this thing three times?!
为什么我要连续三次看这种鬼东西!
-Monica: It’s…still beautiful.
这是很美好的事儿。
-Rachel: Uh! It’s horrible!
horrible: 恐怖的
这很恐怖!
-Monica: I know! I know, I’m so sorry for you!
我知道,我很替你难过!!
-Rachel: Oh, my God!
噢,天啊!
-Rachel: What do I do? I don't want to do this! How do I get out of it?
get out of: 拔出,避免
我要怎么办?我不想这样啊,怎样才能避免啊!!!
-Chandler: Wait, you guys, look!
嗨,你们看!
-Rachel: What? Did her ass explode?!
ass: 臀部 explode: 爆炸
看什么?难道她的屁股炸开了吗?
-Chandler: No, the baby’s out! Look, look!
不,是那婴儿出来了,快看!
-Monica: Oh, look at those little fingers and toes!
finger: 手指 toe: 脚趾
哦,看看那可爱的手指和脚趾!
-Chandler: And look how happy the mom is now!
还有那女人多么高兴。
-Monica: Oh…Rach!
噢,Rach!
-Rachel: Oh, screw you guys, you don’t have to do it!
screw you: 去你的
少来,合着你是不用遭这洋罪。
[Scene: Central Perk. Ross is getting coffee as Joey comes from…God knows where! Some back
area of Central Perk around the corner that we’ve never seen! Weeeiiirrrddd….]
back area: 背部,后面
-Ross: Hey, hey, man!
嗨!
-Joey: Hey, what’s up?
嗨,出什么事了?
-Ross: Uh…Mona just dumped me.
dmp: 【甩,和某人分手】
Mona和我分手了。
-Joey: Oh, man, I’m sorry. Why?
噢,我很抱歉问你这个,为什么?
-Ross: Well, with everything that’s been going on lately, I haven’t exactly been the perfect
boyfriend.
exactly: 恰好,就是 perfect: 完美的
近来发生的一切说明我不是个最好的男友。
You know, I mean, uh, I didn’t tell her I got Rachel pregnant. I gave her a key to my apartment,
and then had the locks changed!
pregnant: 怀孕的 lock: 锁
我没告诉她,是我令瑞秋怀孕的。我给了她我公寓的钥匙,却把锁换掉了。
And then I lied to her about Rachel moving in with me. In a way, I actually judge her for not
breaking up with me sooner, you know?
in a way: 在某种程度上 judge : (责)怪
然后我又瞒着她,和瑞秋同居。在某种程度上……我真没想到,她会这么快就和我分手。
-Joey: Still, that really sucks, man. Especially on Valentine’s Day.
suck: 太烂了 especially: 特别是
这很让人难过,兄弟,特别在情人节这天...
-Ross: Yeah. Wait a minute. What are you doing here? Joey Tribbiani without a date on
Valentine’s Day? What’s going on, huh? Girl trouble?
是啊。等等,你,你来这里干什么?你这个大情圣在情人节竟然没有约会?发生什么事啦?女人问
题?
-Joey: Sort of.
有一点。
-Ross: Really?!
真的?
-Joey: You don’t have to seem so happy about it.
你不必作出幸灾乐祸的样子。
-Ross: Oh, sorry. Well, look, maybe I can help.
对不起,我能帮你吗?
-Joey: Oh, I…I d—
噢,我...
-Ross: Hey, whatever it is, I am sure it has happened to me.
嘿,无论什么我都经历过。
Y’know, actually once—once I got dumped during sex. Anyway, so, uh, so what is it?
你知道吗?有一次我在做爱途中被抛弃了。
-Joey: Forget about it. It’s no big deal.
忘记了吧,不是什么大事。
-Ross: C’mon! Joey! What is it?
来吧,Joey,什么事?
-Joey: It’s nothing.
没什么事。
-Ross: Hey, hey, it’s me. Why can’t you tell me?
嘿嘿,是我啊,为什么不能告诉我呢?
-Joey: Okay, uh…sit down. Um… there’s this woman that I like. A lot. But, uh…it can’t
happen.
有一个我很喜欢的女人,非常喜欢,但,恩,我们不可能在一起。
-Ross: She’s not a Tribbiani?
你们是近亲?
-Joey: No!
不是。
-Ross: I knew it. So, is she someone from work?
她是你的同事?
-Joey: Yes.
是的。
-Ross: Well, uh, does she like you?
她喜欢你吗?
-Joey: Sometimes I think maybe she could. But it doesn’t matter, because I can’t do anything
about it.
有时侯,我想她大概喜欢我,但这并没关系,因为我不能对她做任何事。
-Ross: Why not?
为什么?
-Joey: Well, it’s complicated. She’s with this other guy. For a long time. Someone from work, too.
complicated: 复杂的
很难说清的,恩,她和另一个男人在一起很久了,我们都是同事。
And I could never do that to the guy, because we’re really good friends.
所以我不能这样做,你知道,我们是很好的朋友。
-Ross: Wait, I thought you hated everyone at work.
等等,我以为你会讨厌任何和工作有关的人的。
-Joey: No, no. I only say that so that Chandler won't feel threatened because I'm his only friend.
threatened: 受到威胁的
当然不是,我这么说是为了不让Chandler感受到任何威胁,因为我是他唯一的朋友。
-Ross: Excuse me?
什么?
-Joey: Sorry, sorry. And I'm your only friend too.
抱歉,抱歉,我也是你唯一的朋友。
-Ross: So, uh, this guy, she used to go out with, is, uh… is he still in love with her?
那,恩这个以前和她一起的家伙,他还爱她吗?
-Joey: No. I don’t think so.
我想不爱了吧。
-Ross: Okay. Um… is he a good guy?
好,那,他是个好人吗?
-Joey: Yeah, he’s the best.
是的,他是个大好人。
-Ross: Then talk to him! He might be fine with it.
那么,和他说说吧,他可能会接受的。
-Joey: Oh, I don’t know.
哦,恩,我不能。
-Ross: Joey, it’s worth finding out. I mean, if you really like her.
嘿,Joey,这是值得一试的。我的意思是,如果你喜欢她的话。
-Joey: I do! So much! I can’t stop thinking about her! I can’t sleep, I—
我非常喜欢她,我无法不让自己想念她。我...
-Ross: Okay, Joey, you know what? You have to go for it. How often does this happen
to you, huh? You owe it to yourself.
go for: 努力获取
乔伊,你应该努力去追求她,你单恋她这种情况已经持续多长时间了?
-Gunther: Here’s your warm milk.
这是你要的热奶。
-Ross: I’m going to…uh…I’m going to, um, put the bourbon in it at home.
bourbon: 波本威士忌
这是我准备回家后,掺着烈酒喝的。
-Joey: Oh, yeah.
喔,好的。
-Ross: Anyway… seriously, uh…just…just talk to the guy, okay? And tell me how it goes.
总之,你一定要向那人坦白。好吗?还有让我知道结果。
-Joey: It’s Rachel.
她是Rachel。
[Scene: Ross and Rachel’s. Rachel is standing in front of the TV holding a video.]
-Rachel: You’re gonna have a baby, and you need to be prepared. Now, you’re going to make
yourself watch the whole thing. Just do it!
prepared: 有准备的
你要生孩子了所以你要准备一下,现在你要从头看一次
-Woman on TV: I came to the big city to become a star! I’ll do…anything to make that happen!
我来到这个大城市,想要成为明星为此我会做任何事。
-Man on TV: Anything?
任何事?
-Rachel: Hmm…maybe it starts with how she gets pregnant. I wonder which one of these guys
becomes the father.
start with: 以…开始
恩,可能这是从她如何怀孕开始说起。我想知道其他男人是怎么去当父亲的。
No, no. Can't get pregnant that way.
不不,不能像那样怀孕的。
词汇翻译:Page Diao 校对:Charlotte Kwok



评 论


