分享到:
启德教育


第三季:  第二集 第三集 第四集 第五集 第六集 第七集

Gossip Girl 学英语Season 3, Episode 01: Reversals of Fortune

 

GG 3x1

 

-Blair: Three words, eight letters.

 letter: 字母

三个字八个字母。

Say it, and I'm yours.

说出来我就是你的。

-Chuck: I...

-Blair: Lair, that's all I needed to hear.

 lair: 傲慢的青年男子

算了,就这样。

-Serena: What do you say we just forget thinking

你觉得现在我们什么也不去想

And follow our hearts?

heart:

跟着感觉走怎么样?

-Nate’s grandfather: Yore a part of this legacy, too, Nathaniel.

 legacy: 遗产

你也是这遗产的一部分Nathaniel

-Nate: I don't want to owe him or my family anything.

 owe:

我不想欠他和我的家族

-Lily: Serena, where's Charles?

SerenaCharles在哪里?

-Serena: Mom, what's wrong?

妈妈出了什么事?

-Lily: Bart's been in an accident.

 accident: 事故

巴特出了车祸。

-Chuck: My father's dead because of your father.

 because of: 由于;因为

我的父亲都是因你的父亲而死。

-Blair: I will stand by you through anything.

 stand by: 站在的一边,支持(某人)

不管发生什么我都会陪在你身边。

-Chuck: Why would you do that?

你为什么要这么做?

-Blair: Because I love you.

因为我爱你

-Chuck: Well, That's too bad.

那太糟糕了。

-Lily’s mother: There's something you need to know.

有些事你必须得知道。

-Rufus: Just tell me one thing. Was it a boy or a girl?

就告诉我一件事是个男孩还是女孩?

-Serena: I had enough trouble with the idea of mom and Rufus dating.

 enough: 足够的  trouble: 麻烦  date: 约会

想到妈妈和鲁弗斯在约会,我就会很烦。

But now I share a sibling with my boyfriend?

share: 分享;共享  sibling: 兄弟

现在我和我男朋友有个共同的哥哥。

-Dan: It's over, isn't it?

结束了是吗?

-Mr. Rosson: Andrew got caught in riptide.

 get caught in: 陷入,遇到  riptide: 激流 

安德鲁斯在急流中遇难了

-Rufus: Yeah, if we had known, we wouldn't have even bothered you.

bother: 烦扰

如果我们事先知道,我们就不会来打扰你们。

-Mrs. Rosson: Is it over?

 结束了吗?

-Mr. Rosson: We've already lost one son. We weren't losing another.

我们已经失去了一个儿子绝不能再失去一个。

-Dan: You got here to N.Y.U.? I'm starting in the fall.

 N.Y.U. :(美国)纽约大学 =New York University fall: 秋天

你来了纽约大学吗我这个秋季开学。

-Scott: Uh, I just transferred from B.U.

 transfer: 转学[美国英语]  B.U. : 波士顿大学=Boston University

我刚从波士顿大学转来。

-Blair: And tell me if what you feel for me is real.

 real: 真的

告诉我如果你对我的感觉是真的

-Chuck: It's just a game.

这只是个游戏。

-Serena: Chuck, why did you just do that?

恰克你为什么这样做?

-Chuck: Because I love her.

因为我爱她。

-Blair: You're famous because you are arrested.

 famous: 出名的  arrest: 逮捕

你出名了因为你被捕了

-Serena: The end of high school means the end of me on "gossip girl."

 mean: 意味着   goosip: 八卦的;是非的

高中结束了意味着八卦女孩上也不会再有我了。

-Gossip Girl: Congratulations.

 congratulation: 祝贺;恭喜

 恭喜各位。

You have a clean slate... until college.

slate: (行为、事件等的)记录,记载   clean slate: 无过错的记录;清白的历史   college: 学院

大学前你们会有段耳根清净的日子

-Blair: Her dad is marrying Lily Bass,

 marry: 结婚,嫁,娶

她爸将娶Lily Bass

So I think that makes her richer than all of you.

所以我想她会比你们中任何一个都富有。

-Serena: Carter.

Carter

-Carter: I have something you might want to know before you go.

我有些也许在你走之前想知道的事情。

It's about Santorini, what you were looking for there.

Santorini有关你在找什么。

-Serena: You found my father?

找到我父亲了吗?

-Chuck: You were right. I love you, too.

你是对的我也爱你。

 

-Gossip Girl: And who am I?

我是谁?

That's a secret I'll never tell.

secret: 秘密

那是个我永远也不会说的秘密。

You know you love me.

你知道你爱我。

 

1, 2, 3, here we go?

123开始?

 

-Gossip Girl: Welcome back, upper east siders.

 upper: 上层的  siders: 党徒

欢迎回来东区上层的各位。

After a long, hot summer away,

过了一个长长的炎热的夏天。

I see it didn't take much time for you to dirty up the clean slates I gave you.

dirty: 弄脏,败坏(名誉等)

我看到你们没用多久就浪费了我留给你们的清心时间。

My inbox is overflowing,

inbox: 收件箱  overflowing: 溢出的

我的收件箱快要暴了,

So let's get to the good stuff, shall we?

stuff: (新闻、文学等的)内容<口语>

让我们先来看看那些好事?

Spotted--Chuck Bass up to his old tricks.

spot: 当场的  up to: 正在做;忙于   trick: (耍弄人的)玩笑

现场播报--Chuck Bass回到了老样子。

Poor B.

可怜的B

I guess nothing good lasts forever.

guess: 猜测  last: 持续  forever: 永远

好景总长不了。

 

-Chuck: I'm Chuck... Bass.

我是Chuck Bass

-Ashley: I know.

我知道。

-Chuck: I wasn't expecting to see someone like you

 expect: 期望,指望 

我们没想到会见到你这样的美人

Somewhere like this so early in the day.

在这里这么早。

- Ashley: I'm in need of refuge. It's too hot.

 in need of: 需要  refuge: 隐蔽处

我想找个遮阳的地方天太热了。

-Chuck: Oh, it's never too hot.

不会比你更惹火。

- Ashley: Care to test that theory?

 care: 喜爱  test: 考查  theory: 想法

想怎么样呢?

-Chuck: What if I have a girlfriend?

 what if: 如果将会怎样

如果我有女朋友呢?

- Ashley: Chuck Bass doesn't do girlfriends.

Chuck Bass没有女朋友这回事。

Where's your limo?

limo: 豪华轿车

你的豪华轿车呢?

-Chuck: I gave my driver the day off.

 day off: 放假

我让我的司机放天假。

- Ashley: Then I guess we'll have to find someplace else.

那我想我们得再找个地方了。

 

-Gossip Girl: As for a certain leggy blonde by a Hampton's pool...

 as for: 而论  certain: 某个  leggy: 长腿的  blonde: 金黄色或淡色的(指人头发)  pool:

如果有某个美腿的金发女郎在汉普顿的游泳池边

Looks like Serena left big shoes to fill…

big shoes to fill: 指前任干得很成功,后人要花大力气才能赶上【这里是说S离开了留下一大豪宅给别人占去了】

Serena就有得忙了

And someone finds them the perfect fit.

perfect: 完美的  fit: 适宜

再加个完美的搭档。

 

-Eric: Well, I found it. And just in time. The car's here.

 in time: 及时

我发现马上车就到了。

Now it's time to go...

准备走了...

Get you dressed?

dress: 使穿衣

还没穿好衣服吗?

-Jenny: Mm. No, I'm not leaving.

我不想走。

-Eric: I don't think we have a choice.

 choice: 选择

我觉得我们没得选。

-Jenny: As soon as we get in that car,

 as soon as:   get in: 进入

一旦上车后,

It means no more beaches and no more bonfires

no more: 也没有  beach: 海滩  bonfire: 篝火

就意味着没有海滩没有篝火晚会

And no more stalking the barefoot contessa through 1770 house.

stalk: 高视阔步的行走  barefoot: 赤脚的  contessa: 伯爵夫人

还没有高傲的伯爵夫人走过1770号的房子。

Our summer in the Hamptons is officially over.

officially: 正式地

我们在汉普顿的夏天就正式结束。

-Eric: So, uh... a sit-in?

 sit-in: 静坐示威

就静坐示威吗?

-Jenny: More like a lie-in, at least until the sun goes down.

 lie-in: 静躺示威  at least: 至少  go down: (日,月)西沉

更想静躺示威至少到太阳下山。

-Eric: You're…you're sure your dad doesn't know?

你肯肯定你老爸不知道吗?

-Jenny: Oh, totally. I mean, we hid all the evidence.

 hide:   evidence: 证据

当然,我们藏了所有的证据。

Look, Dan doesn't even know.

瞧,连丹也不知道。

He's too busy pre-reading all his books for college.

pre-reading: 导入,预习  college: 大学,学院

他忙着预习大学的书都来不及。

And I snuck onto his laptop and,

sneak: 偷偷摸摸做  laptop: 笔记本电脑

我还悄悄进了他的笔记本电脑,

Uh, might've disabled His "Serena Van Der Woodsen" Google alert.

disable: 使失去能力  alert:: 通知

黑掉了他的" Serena Van Der Woodsen "的谷歌提醒。

-Eric: Yeah, you know what happens when we get back to the city?

 get back: 回去

你知道我们回去后会发生什么吗?

-Jenny: Then it's Serena's problem.

那就是Serena的问题了。

As now, we made her a promise.

promise: 承诺

我们答应过她的。

And it is very important to keep those...

这很重要保守那些...

Even if they were asked via drunken text

even if: 即使  via: 经由  drunken: 喝醉了的

甚至是在醉酒后的测试

From a Turkish pay-as-you-go phone.

pay-as-you-go: 即用即付

来自一个土耳其人的有偿问答电话。

-Dan: Our bags are packed. The house is closed up.

 pack: 打包  close up: 关闭

我们的行李准备好了。房间都关好。

But the real question remains.

real: 实际的  remain: 残存,尚待

但问题还没解决。

Now that you've spent your whole summer

虽然你花了整个暑假

Drinking your coffee out of Cece's china,

china: 瓷器

享用Cece的瓷杯喝咖啡,

Will it taste as good coming out of

taste:   come out of: 出来

但回去后还会这么好吗

Your "welcome back, Kotter" mug at home?

Welcome Back, Kotter是美国一部经典的肥皂剧  mug: 一大杯(容量)【这里说的应该是纪念周边马克杯】

得到宣布该你的"欢迎回来,Kotter" 这样温馨的家的感觉?

-Rufus: Sure, it was great out here, but I like the real world, too.

虽然到这里很不错,但我也喜欢真实的世界。

Since we and Lily...it's a better-smelling, higher thread count version

thread: 穿过  count: 认为  version:版本

自从我和Lily…这已经是个很好,超出预期

Of the real world, but till... yeah.

一个真实的世界,但还是。

He you guys aren't ready? Serena's gonna be home by 6:00.

gonna: 将要<口语>= going to

伙计么你们还没好吗?Serena 6点到家。

-Eric: I-I mean, how can she even greet us when she gets here?

 greet: 欢迎

我搞不懂她怎么能到这里后来欢迎我们?

Isn't she taking a vow of silence for a month at the ashram?

vow: 誓约  silence: 沉默  ashram: 修行处所

不是她发誓要保持沉默,坚持一个月吗?

-Dan: I don't know. "She, pray, love" thing of hers is great and all,

 pray: 祈祷

 我不知道,她为爱做祷告。对她来说很不错,

I-I just highly doubt she can keep her mouth shut a whole month.

doubt: 怀疑  shut: 关闭的 

 但我,我只是很怀疑她能整整一个月不说话。

-Rufus: Even so, it's time to leave.

 even so: 虽然如此

 即便如此,我们也该出发了。

And I think her month is up.

我觉得一个月已经到了。

-Dan: Uh, yeah. I need to meet up with Vanessa, too,

 meet up: 约见

我也要去见Vanessa

'Cause she apparently has something to tell me

'cause: 因为<>=because  apparently: 显然

她显然要跟我说

About how she spent her summer.

她怎么过的暑假。

-Jenny: Wasn’t she in Europe with Nate?

她不是和内特在欧洲吗?

 

-Man: Ladies and gentlemen, here they are!

女士们,先生们,他们来了!

-Nate: Well, it's a good thing the flight attendants

 flight: 航班  attendant: 乘务员

乘客让大西洋上的船舱灯火

Dim the cabin lights over the Atlantic.

dim: 暗淡的  cabin: 船舱 

暗淡无光是很棒的事。

-Bree: Mm, even better thing

更棒的是

That my car got a flat on the way to Heathrow,

flat: 泄了气的[美国英语]

我的车在去希思罗机场的路上爆胎了,

And I missed the plane that I was supposed to on.

be supposed to: 应该

我错过了我本来该乘的那个飞机。

Otherwise I would've been sitting in seat 3B

otherwise: 否则

否则我就应该坐在一架

Of an entirely different plane,

entirely: 完全地 

完全不同的飞机的3B座位上,

Making out with an entirely different passenger in seat 3a.

different: 不同的 passenger: 乘客

见到坐在3A的一个完全不同的乘客。

-Nate: All right, so now that we're back on our own turf,

 turf: 地盘

其实这才是我们该到的地方,

Do I at least get your number? Maybe your last name?

可以告诉我你号码吗?或者你姓什么?

-Bree: A little mystery you never heard anyone.

 mystery: 神秘

真奇怪你没听说过。

-Nate: Really? Oh, come on.

真的吗?别这样。

Please. You gotta give me something to go on here.

gotta: 必须<美俚> = have got to

拜托,至少让我感觉有点进展。

-Bree: Okay. Uh, well, we are going to the same school.

好吧,我们上同一所学校。

-Nate: Yeah, and Columbia's kind of a big one.

 kind of: 有点

哥伦比亚大学有点大。

I mean, especially when you factor in graduate school.

especially: 特别  factor: 作为因素考虑  graduate: 毕业

特别是在毕业班。

-Bree: You caught that?

你明白了吗?

See, you're a better detective than you think.

detective: 侦探

看吧,你是个很出色的侦探。

Well, my car is waiting.

我的车子在等我了。

-Nate: Oh, are you done with that? I'll take it.

你看完了吗?那给我看看。

-Bree: Yeah, sure.

当然可以。

-Nate: Ew. On second thought...

转念想想

-Bree: You have a problem with the Buckleys?

你和Buckley家族有什么问题吗?

-Nate: Yeah, well, that right-wing nut Jeb called William Van Der Bilt a deviant

 right-wing: 右翼的  nut: 傻子,疯狂的人  deviant: 不正常的

就是说William Van Der Bilt是疯子那个右翼派的混蛋Jeb吗?

For lobbying against D.O.M.A.

lobby: 大厅 

就因为人家。

-Bree: Maybe that's because William van Der Bilt

也许那是因为William van Der Bilt

Called Jeb Buckley a cokehead and a cheater.

cokehead: 笨蛋  cheater: 骗子

Jeb Buckley是个骗子。

-Nate: What, are you saying it isn't cheating

 cheat: 欺骗

什么,难道你说那不是骗人吗

If you get your congressional aide pregnant?

congressional: 国会的  aide: 助理  pregnant: 怀孕

他都已经让他国会的助理怀了孕?

-Bree: Oh, my god. You're Nate Archibald.

天哪,你是Nate Archibald

-Nate: And you're Bree Buckley.

而你是Bree Buckley

-Bree: You pulled my hair during Clinton's inaugural ball.

 pull:   inaugural: 就职(典礼)的  ball: 舞会

Clinton就职晚会上你扯了我的头发。

-Nate: Your redneck cousins tried to waterboard me

 redneck: 乡下人  cousin: 堂(表)兄弟(姐妹)  waterboard: 闸板

你那个农民表弟在白宫农场

At the hunt on the white house lawn.

hunt: 打猎  lawn: 草地

打猎的时候差点置我于死地。

It's good to see you again.

很高兴再次见到你。

-Bree: Yeah, take care of yourself.

 take care of: 照顾

哼,你也照顾好你自己。

 

-Ashley: Why not?

怎么了?

-Chuck: It's better to wait.

还是等一下比较好。

-Ashley: How long?

等多久?

-Chuck: Oh, let's see...

我看看

Now.

好了。

-Blair: What the hell is going on?!

 the hell: 究竟;到底(用以强调)  go on: 发生

你们在做什么?

-Chuck: Blair...I can explain.

 explain: 解释

布莱尔听我解释。

-Ashley: Um, I'm sorry. I didn't know he had a girlfriend.

不好意思,我不知道他有女朋友。

-Chuck: Yes, you did. She did.

你知道,她知道。

-Blair: I... shame on you, Ashley Hinshaw.

 shame: 羞愧

... Ashley Hinshaw你真不要脸。

How could you do that?

 你怎么可以这样?

Pick up someone in a relationship?!

relationship: 关系

当第三者吗?

Have you no pride? No self-respect?

pride: 自尊  self-respect: 自重

你不自尊自爱的吗?

-Ashley: Okay, but I didn't know that

我不知道...

-Blair: You may have an Abercrombie campaign.

 campaign: 运动,比赛

你赢了Abercrombie比赛。

And the security code to Clooney's castle in Lake Como,

security: 安全  code: 密码  castle: 城堡

也可以进出科莫湖的克鲁尼城堡。

But that doesn't give you the right to try to steal someone else's man!

right: 权利  steal:

但是这不意味着你就可以抢别人的男人!

Now take your American girl hair and your presuming skin and get out!

presuming: 无耻的

现在给我收起你的无耻的嘴脸,然后滚!

-Ashley: Okay, you're crazy.

你疯了。

-Chuck: Hey.

嘿。

-Blair: Hi.

嗨。

Oh, thank you.

谢谢你。

It's been three hours. I missed you.

已经分开三个小时了。我想你。

-Chuck: Mm. Well, let me make it up to you.

 make it up: 和解;补偿

让我补偿你。

Let's get out of here.

我们出去。

-Blair: Or we get stay.

也可以待在这。

 

-Rufus: So, uh, Jenny'll take Eric's room.

JennyEric的房间。

With Chuck at the palace, Eric will take his room.

palace: 宫殿

Chuck住宫殿里,Eric住他的房间。

-Jenny: Oh, sweet thank you. I really didn't want to sleep

 sweet: 好啊;太棒了

谢谢,我才不想在Chuck

Under Chuck's dirty girl scout painting.

scout: 童子军  painting: 油画

黄色的女童子军图画底下睡觉。

-Rufus: Oh, and, uh, Dan.

丹。

-Dan: Yeah I'll thank you when we get back from Brooklyn.

等我们从布鲁克林回去我会感谢你的。

-Rufus: And when Lily gets back, we'll join you.

Lily回来后我们就加入你们。

-Guard: Oh, Mr. Rufus, There are some packages I couldn’t put upstairs.

 package: 包裹  upstairs: 楼上的

Rufus先生,有些行李我不能搬到楼上去。

-Dan: Oh, what are you doing?

你在做什么?

-Jenny: Recycling?

 recycle: 回收

回收?

-Dan: What?

回收什么呢?

Whoa, whoa. Oh my god!

哇,天哪!

-Eric: Uh, it's not what you think.

不是你想的那样。

-Dan: So much for "eat, pray, love."

"吃,祷告,爱情"太过了。

Well, you know, I guess she got the "love" part right.

我猜她把""的那部分做的很好。

-Jenny: You can't say anything. Promise. Dan?

 promise: 保证

你保证你什么都不说。

-Dan: Hey Vanessa. Uh, yeah, I was just about to head down there.

 head down: 开往,朝向

Vanessa。我正要去那。

-Guard: Serena...is home.

Serena,回来了。

-Vanessa: Hello?

 喂?

-Dan: Yeah, I'm gonna have to reschedule.

reschedule: 重新制定时间表

我要改变时间计划。

-Rufus: Oh, God.

天。

-Vanessa: Dan can't make it.

丹不来了。

I think something's going down with his family.

我觉得他们家有什么事。

-Scott: Did he say what it was?

他说了是什么了吗?

 

-Gossip Girl: As for Serena Van Der Woodsen?

 as for: 关于

关于Serena Van Der Woodsen

You left America a star.

你离开美国的时候是个明星。

 

-Rufus: Excuse me, please. What the hell is going on?

go on: 发生

麻烦让一下,怎么回事?

-Serena: I don't know. Please help.

我不知道,帮我一下。

-Gossip Girl: But after your exploits in Europe...right here, Serena!

 exploit: 开发【这里指“探险”】

但是你的欧洲探险回来之后,Serena

You've come back a supernova.

supernova: 超新星

你作为大爆炸回来了。

 

-Rufus: Back up.

退后。

 

-Gossip Girl: And yet, nothing explodes without a fuse.

 explode: 爆炸  fuse: 导火索

要有导火索才有爆炸。

I wonder what...

wonder: 想知道

我在想

Or who make yours.

谁是你的导火索。

 

-Rufus: Is, uh, Serena up yet? We were talking till late.

Serena起来没有?昨晚我们谈到很晚才睡。

-Eric: Uh, I think I heard her.

我听到她起来了。

What’s up?

怎么了?

-Rufus: Money your mother left us for emergencies.

 emergencies: 紧急事件,紧急需要

你妈留下来急用的钱。

Not to boast, but we haven't used a penny of it all summer.

boast: 吹牛,自夸  penny: 便士

毫不夸张的说,我们整个夏天一点都还没用呢。

-Jenny: Oh. Well, thank heaven for salaried servants

thank heaven for: 谢天谢地  salaried: 拿薪水的  servant: 仆人

感谢付费的佣人

And an account at the beach club, right?

account: 客户,账号  beach: 海滩  club: 俱乐部

和海滩俱乐部的会员卡,不是吗?

-Rufus: Oh, well, I'm glad I have the number for city harvest.

 harvest: 收获

我很高兴能为城市税收做出贡献。

This is all a little much.

这有点多了。

-Dan: A little much? XXXXXXX

只是一点?

-Serena: Mom wanted everybody to feel welcome while she was away.

老妈希望在她出门期间大家都能玩得开心。

-Eric: Or she's trying to bribe us.

 bribe: 贿赂

或者说,她在贿赂我们。

-Rufus: What? No. In fact, she got us a special treat for tomorrow—

 special: 特别的  treat: 对待

什么?不。事实上,明天她给我们一个特殊招待

A table in our name

GreenwichVan Der Bilt年度慈善马球赛上

At Van Der Bilt annual charity polo match in Greenwich.

annual: 每年的  charity: 慈善机关  polo: 马球 

以我们的名字定了个座位。

Lily thought it would be fun,

莉莉觉得那会很有趣,

So we are gonna go have fun for Lily.

那我们就玩得开心点,为了莉莉。

Please show your family support by mimicking my expression.

support: 支持  mimicking: 模仿  expression: 表示

请模仿我的表情表示一点家庭支持。

-Dan: U know, there'll probably be photographers there.

 photographer: 摄影师

可能会有记者埋伏在那里。

Are you gonna be okay? You might create another mob scene.

create: 造成  mob: 大举包围  scene: 情景

你介意吗?你可能又会引起一场围观。

-Serena: Oh, no, no. Yeah, I'll be--I’ll be fine.

没事,我没事。

I'm really sorry about yesterday.

昨天的事情非常抱歉。

I thought after the whole arrest scandal, out of sight, out of mind.

arrest: 逮捕  scandal: 丑闻  out of sight, out of mind: 眼不见,心不烦

我以为逮捕丑闻过了这么久应该平息了。

I had no idea it would be worse when I got back.

没想到回来后反而越演越烈。

-Rufus: Oh, you've apologized enough, Serena. No one's blaming you.

 apologize: 道歉  blame: 责备

你已经道过谦了,Serena,没人责怪你。

Now that those vultures have a first shot of your return,

vulture: 贪得无厌的人  shot: 照相

现在那些记者已经拍到你回来的照片了,

I'm sure they'll leave you alone.

alone: 单独的  leave alone:不管;不打扰

我肯定以后不会缠你了。

It's not like you're gonna get arrest again.

你又不会再次被捕。

-Serena: No, of course not.

当然不会。

Um, I have to go meet Blair to go shopping.

我要和Blair购物去了。

You can't go to a polo match without a hat.

看马球比赛不能不带帽子。

-Dan: I'm--I’m gonna walk you out.

我送你出去。

-Serena: Uh, thank you for the escort,

 escort: 护送

谢谢你送我,

But I think I can walk 15 feet without hurting myself.

不过我想走个15步是不会出岔子。

-Dan: There was nothing out of sight or out of mind about your trip.

你旅行的事并不是密不透风。

I know what happened.

我知道发生了什么。

-Serena: I…I don't know what you're talking about.

我不知道你在说什么。

-Dan: Serena, there was no ashram.

 ashram: 修行处所

Serena,你没去修道院。

-Serena: I went to ashram... On a tour.

 tour: 旅行

我去了修道院去旅行。

Dan, I appreciate your concern,

appreciate: 感激  concern: 关心

Dan,谢谢你的关心,

But the little white lies that I tell my family are none of your business.

white lie: 善意的谎言  none of your business: 与你无关

但我向家人撒些善意的谎与你无关。

-Dan: Rufus is my family.

 鲁弗斯是我的家人。

You didn't just lie to him. You lied to me.

lie: 撒谎

你不仅仅对他撒谎,对我也是。

All those e-mails about the--the benefits of Bikram?

benefit: 利益  Bikram: 热瑜伽

那些高温瑜珈对身体好处的邮件?

Ten easy steps to colon cleanse?

step: 步骤  colon: 结肠,直肠  cleanse: 使清洁

清理肠道的十个步骤?

-Serena: Turns out goop is good for something.

 turn out: 结果是  goop: 粘稠物质[美国俚语]

得出结论运动是有益的。

-Dan: What's really going on here?

到底怎么回事?

-Serena: Nothing. Nothing. I-it was just a few nights of harmless fun.

 harmless: 无害的

没什么,就几晚无伤大雅的小乐子。

That's--that's it.

就这样。

-Dan: All right. All right.

够了,够了。

-Serena: Where'd you get that?

哪里搞到的?

-Dan: They're all over the internet.

 all over: 到处

网上到处都是。

Whatever is going on, you can tell me.

whatever: 不管什么

不管发生了什么,你都可以跟我说。

-Serena: Thank you. I-I have to go.

谢谢。我得走了。

 

-Chuck: I know it's a buyer's market right now,

 market: 市场

我知道现在是买方市场,

But that doesn't mean there's actually anything worth buying.

actually: 实际上  worth: 值得

那也不意味着真有什么值得去买。

-Nate: Why don't you just stay at The Palace?

 stay at: 呆在

为什么不干脆呆在Palace

-Chuck: I'm done living in my father's shadow

(be) done in: 累的受够;筋疲力尽  shadow: 阴影

我受够了活在我爸的阴影之下

 And that includes his hotel.

 include: 包括

这也包括他的饭店。 

-Nate: And running his company?

 run: 经营,运转

还有运作他的公司?

-Chuck: Lily was doing an amazing job overseeing the board before she left.

 amazing: 令人惊异的  oversee: 监督  board: 董事会

Lily在离开之前很有成效的监督着董事会。

Why not let her continue.

continue: 继续

何不让她继续干下去。

What about you? Any word from the Van Der Bilt compound since you've been back?

compound: 混合物

你呢?回来后你外祖父那边,有没有说什么?

-Nate: Not a word. Tomorrow's the family polo match.

没有,明天是家族的马球比赛。

I mean, when I skipped out on the internship at the Mayor's office,

skip out: 偷偷溜走  internship: 实习生身份  mayor: 市长

我是说,当我拒绝去市长办公室实习的时候,

I knew they'd be mad,

mad: 发疯的,发狂的

 我知道他们很生气,

But now I'm getting the silent treatment.

silent: 安静的,寂静的  treatment: 待遇,对待

但我现在被打入冷宫了。

-Chuck: So if they're mad already,

那如果他们已经生气了,

Why don't you call the girl from the plane?

为什么不在上飞机的时候就打电话给那姑娘?

-Nate: No, I'm not gonna use Bree to send some message.

message: 信息

不,我没打算用Bree向家里示威。

-Chuck: You're missing one key detail—

 miss: 错过  key: 关键的  detail: 细节

你错过了一个关键细节

Sleeping with the enemy is hot.

enemy: 敌人

和敌人上床是最有效的回击手段。

Why do you think I had the whole Ivanka thing?

你觉得我和Ivanka搞在一起是为了什么?

-Nate: Look, I don't want to stir up stuff with my family.

 stir up: 激起,挑起  stuff: 材料【指挑起事端】

听着,我不想把家里闹得鸡飞狗跳。

-Chuck: Look, if you think they're done trying to control you,

 control: 控制

听着,如果你觉得他们不再试图控制你,

You're wrong, and while you're waiting for your proof,

proof: 证据

那你大错特错了,既然你在找证据

Why not take Bree Buckley out on the town?

何不带上Bree Buckley出去玩玩?

Have some fun with a girl you like.

和自己喜欢的女孩儿玩的开心点。

And show your family that you're your own man.

让你家人知道,只有你能掌控自己。

Being accepted for who you are crucial, Nathaniel.

accept: 接受  crucial: 极困难的

让别人接受真正的自己很难,Nathaniel

Like Blair accepts me.

像布莱尔接受我一样。 

 

-Serena: Wait, you do What?

等等,你做什么啦?

I go to Europe for three months,

Europe: 欧洲

我才去欧洲玩了三个月,

And you turn from Jane Austen to Anais Nin.

你就从Jane Austen变成了Anais Nin

Is there anything Chuck Bass can't get you to do?

还有什么事情是Chuck Bass不能怂恿你做的?

-Blair: It was my idea.

这是我的注意。

-Serena: No. No, it wasn't.

不,不是这样的。

-Blair: Yeah. We--we had our honeymoon period, and it was perfect,

 honeymoon: 蜜月  period: 时期  perfect: 完美的

我们享受了蜜月,而且完美无缺,

But... while other couples settle into a routine,

couple: 夫妇,对  settle into: 适应,习惯于  routine: 例行公事

当其他恋人把约会当成例行公事的时候,

We determined to keep things interesting.

determine: 决定  interesting: 有趣的

我们决定保持新鲜感。

So Chuck plays the cheating bastard,

cheating: 欺骗的  bastard: 混蛋

所以恰克扮演不忠的混蛋,

And I play the scorned woman.

scorned: 蔑视的

我扮演怨妇。

I even get to choose who to humiliate—

choose: 选择  humiliate: 羞辱

我甚至可以选择羞辱的对象

Models, tourists, upper west siders.

tourist: 旅游者

模特,旅客,上西区的人们。

-Serena: I don't know if anybody ever told you this,

我不知道是否有人跟你说过这个,

But the honeymoon is supposed to end. It isn't real.

但蜜月期该结束了。这不真实。

The real part is when you settle down with each other.

settle down: 安下心来

真实的应该是你们俩都安定下来。

The 3-month milestone.

milestone: 里程碑

这是三个月的里程碑。 

-Blair: It is not a milestone. It's a gravestone.

 gravestone: 墓碑

这不是里程碑。是墓碑。

Settling down means death-- less sex, more silence.

安定意味着终止,性爱减少,沉默增多。

We found a way to avoid that that works for us.

avoid: 避免

我们找到了避免的方式,那对我们很有效。

 

-Nate: Wow. You guys sure about that?

你们真要这样搞?

I mean, if you don't mind me saying so, I...

mind: 介意

我是说,如果你不介意我这么说,

Well, I think I know Blair pretty well.

pretty: 相当的;非常

我想我非常了解Blair

-Chuck: Look, I would so like to retire any mention of the whole "Jules and Jim" thing.

 retire: 退休  mention: 提到

听着,我受够了听你提《朱尔与吉姆》那样的段子。

-Nate: All right.

 行。

But listen, the games may seem like fun.

但听着,这些游戏看上去有趣。

Are you sure Blair's not just playing for you?

你确定布莱尔不只是为你玩的吗?

Cause if she's not doing it for herself, too...

Cause: 因为<>=because

因为,如果她并不乐在其中

Well, things could get mess.

mess: 乱七八糟

事情就麻烦了。

 

-Serena: If you love him, then lock him down.

 lock: 锁上

如果你爱他,将他牢牢锁住。

Open relationships only invite chaos.

relationship: 关系  invite: 邀请  chaos: 混乱

开放的关系只会招来混乱。

Trust me. I know.

相信我。我了解的。

-Blair: It's not an open relationship. We're completely monogamous.

completely: 完全地  monogamous: 一夫一妻的

这不是开放的关系。我们只属于彼此。

It's just one of our games, like the rest.

这只是游戏,像其他的一样。

-Serena: Yeah, until it isn't anymore, playing the scorned woman.

 scorned: 蔑视的

是吗,等它不再是游戏,你就真要变成怨妇了。

And actually being the scorned woman is a slippy slope.

slippy: 光滑的  slope: 斜坡

装出来一幅怨妇的样子到成为一个怨妇只有一步之遥。

B, college is about to start.

college: 大学

大学就要开学了。

What happens when one day you don't get there in time?

in time: 及时

如果有一天你没有及时赶到?

And he actually kisses someone else, or worse?

worse: 更坏的;更差的

然后他又吻了别人甚至更深入发展?

-Blair: He wouldn't.

他不会的。

-Serena: Ugh. I still have no idea why they're following me.

我还是不知道他们为什么跟着我。

-Blair: Oh, please. Spare me, S.

 spare: 饶过

得了吧,S

I get every edition of "hello!" and "ok!" there is.

edition: 版本,版次

我买的每一本《你好》和《OK》杂志都是你的八卦。

I know what you did this summer, and who.

我知道你暑假都和谁干了什么。

Cristiano Ronaldo?

Cristiano Ronaldo

I hope you got your shots before you traveled.

shot: 照相

我希望你旅行之前看了那些照片。

 Should I be worried?

我该担心吗?

-Serena: No.

不用。

No, I just had a great time.

我过的很开心。

I just wish that they would leave me alone.

就是真希望他们别再烦我了。

-Blair: Oh. Is that why you got your hair blown out?

 blown:

哦,这就是你头发散乱的原因吗?

 

-Vanessa: Listen to your quality problems.

 quality: 品质

听听你的生活吧。

Serena's being chased by paparazzi,

chase: 追逐  paparazzi: 狗仔队

Serena天天被狗仔队缠着不放,

My dad and sister are house-sitting a penthouse,

house-sit: (主人外出期间)临时居住并代为照看房屋  penthouse: 楼顶阁楼

我爸爸和妹妹在给人家看别墅,

And I have a farmer's tan.

tan: 茶色

我还晒了个古铜色回来。

-Dan: All right. Okay. You got me.

好吧,被你说中了。

The good life is--is actually-- it's pretty good.

现在生活,其实,其实很好。

What, uh, what was so important

有什么重要事

That you had to bring me here to tell me in person?

in person: 亲自

非要叫我出来面谈?

I hope it's not about Nate.

希望不是关于内特的。

-Vanessa: Oh, we hooked up one night in Prague, but it was not a big deal.

 hook up: 用钩钩住  a big deal: 很重要的事