Season 2, Episode 1: Chapter One 'Four Months Later...'
-Aside: The sun rises on a new dawn.
rise: 升高,上升 dawn: 黎明,拂晓
太阳在一个新的黎明升起了。
Yet few of us realize the debt we owe to those responsible for this.
yet: 然而,但是 realize: 了解,认识到 debt: 债,债务,欠他人的东西 owe: 欠…债,应当给予 owe to: 欠…(某物),应该感谢,把…归功于 responsible: 责任,义务
然而很少有人意识到,自己有义务担起保护他人的重责。
To those who dwell among us, anonymous, seemingly ordinary,
dwell: 居住,住 among: (表示范围)在…之内,在…一类之中,是…中之一,在…群中anonymous: 无名的,不具名的,匿名的 seemingly: 看来似乎,表面上看 ordinary: 普通的
对那些生活在我们周围的,无名的,表面上很普通的人们。
whom destiny brought together to repair, to heal, to save us from ourselves.
destiny: 命运,天命,天数 bring together: 使团结起来,集合,联合 repair: 纠正,补救 heal: (使)愈合,治愈,(使)恢复健康 save from: 免于,抢救,使免遭
他们注定要聚在一起来补救,治疗,并且拯救我们。
-Suresh: If evolution can do this for even the smallest of creatures, then why not these human beings?
evolution: 进化,演变,发展 creature: 生物,动物 human being: 人类
如果进化对于最小的生物都可以,人类为什么不可以呢?
-Claire: If someone here...found out about me, what would happen?
find out: 发现,看穿,揭发
如果有人... 发现了我,会怎么样?
-Molly: When will they stop?
他们什么时候停下来?
-Matt: I don't know.
我不知道。
-Sylar: She's a shiny new toy, and she's all mine.
shiny: 发光的,反光的,明亮的,磨光的 toy: 玩具,玩物 mine: 我的(东西)
她是一个崭新的玩具,是完全属于我的。
-Aside: and they're still out there, among us, in the shadows, in the light.
among: (表示范围)在…之内,在…一类之中,是…中之一,在…群中 shadow: 阴影,阴暗,阴暗部分 light: 光,光线,光亮
他们仍然在那里,在我们中间,或者在暗处,或者在明处。
We pass them on the street without a glance, never suspecting, never knowing.
pass: 走过,经过 without: 无,没有 glance: 一瞥,扫视,略视 suspect: 怀疑,不信任
我们在街上路过他们,不会看他们一眼,不会去怀疑,不会去了解他们。
Do they even know yet? That they are bound together by a common purpose, a glaring reality, to be extraordinary?
be bound together in/by sth: 因…(或在…方面)密切联系 common: 公有的,共有的,共同的purpose: 目的,意图 glaring: 刺眼的,炫丽的 reality: 现实,实际 extraordinary: 非同寻常的,特别的
然而他们知道吗?他们被一个共同的目标、一种荣耀联系在一起,因此变得不平凡?
-Suresh: Teleportation, tissue generation. These are no longer simply theories. I have seen them with my own eyes.
teleportation: 远距离的,远的 tissue: 组织 generation: 同时代的人,一代人,一代 no longer: 不再 simply: 简单地 theory: 理论,原理 own: 属于自己的
瞬间移动,组织再生。这些都不再是简单的理论。我亲眼见过这些能力。
-Aside: And when destiny does anoint them...
when: 当…时 destiny: 命运,天命,天数 anoint: 涂油于,用油擦
当命运让他们真的拥有超能力...
-Hiro: My name is Hiro Nakamura. I'm from the future.
future: 将来,未来,今后
我叫Hiro Nakamura,我来自未来。
-Aside: How do they hide from it?
hide from: 隐瞒,躲避
他们怎么隐藏这些能力呢?
-Bennet: You may feel confined here, but this is far freer a cage than the one they'd put you in.
feel: 觉得,认为 confined: 狭窄受限制的 far: 到很大程度,很 freer: [free的比较级]更自由的 cage: 笼子 put in: (使)在内,把…放于…中
你可能会觉得自己被关在这里,但是这比那些人要关押你的地方自由得多。
-Aside: How long can they dwell in the shadows before either fate or their own flawed humanity draws them out into the light again?
dwell in: 居住在,留居在 shadow: 阴影,阴暗,阴暗部分 either: (两者之中)任何一个 fate: 命运 flaw: 缺点,瑕疵,缺陷 humanity: 人性 draw out: 拉拔,拔住,使出来
在他们的命运或者他们的劣根性将彼此再次曝光之前,他们还能隐藏多久?
And how will they know what awaits them when it finally does?
await: 等待 finally: 最后,终于
当他们终于暴露了,他们又如何知道是什么在等着他们?
(Mohinder Suresh Egypt Cairo)
(Mohinder Suresh 埃及开罗)
-Suresh: And not only are these special individuals among us.
special: 特殊的,特别的 individual: 个人,人 among: (表示范围)在…之内,在…一类之中,是…中之一,在…群中
他们是有特殊能力的人。
They bear a curse. A virus which strips them of their powers, and leads to their eventual death.
bear: 忍受,容忍 curse: 诅咒,咒语 virus: 病毒 strip: 剥夺,被剥去 lead to: 导致 eventual: (事件)最终发生的,结果的 death: 死亡
同时他们也受到了诅咒。一种病毒在剥夺他们的能力,并且导致他们最终死亡。
In the last few months, I have discovered what I believe to be a plague. A plague which target’s only these unique individuals.
discover: 发现 plague: 瘟疫 plague: 瘟疫 target: 瞄准某物,以…为目标 unique: 独一无二的,仅有的,惟一的 individual: 个人,人
在过去的几个月,我已经发现这场灾难。灾难的目标就是那些有特殊能力的人们。
It's a disease which threatens to eradicate them all. And in doing so, deprives our species of its evolutionary advancement.
disease: 疾病,病害 threaten: 恐吓,威胁 eradicate: 摧毁,完全根除 deprive: 剥夺,夺去,使丧失 specie: 物种,种 evolutionary: 进化的 advancement: 进步,改进
这种病毒将会威胁并彻底根除他们。这样做,会让我们人类丧失进化的发展,
Without this advancement, the challenges of the modern world:
without: 无,没有 advancement: 进步,改进 challenge: 挑战 modern: 现代的,近代的
没有这些进化,当今世界的各种挑战:
Global warming, terrorism, diminishing resources, seem almost insurmountable on our thin shoulders.
global: 全球的,全世界的 terrorism: 恐怖主义者,恐怖分子 diminish: (使)减少,缩小
resource: 资源 almost: 几乎,差不多,差一点,将近 insurmountable: 不能克服的,不能超越的 thin: 瘦的 shoulder: 肩膀
全球变暖,恐怖主义,资源稀缺,对于我们瘦弱的肩膀来说,几乎是不可能克服的。
The fate of humanity itself hangs in the balance.
fate: 命运 humanity: 人类 hang: 悬挂,垂下 in the balance: 悬而未决,犹豫
人类的命运安危还未定。
But with proper funding and research, we can stop the advancement of this disease.
proper: 适合的,适当的,适用的,恰当的 funding: 基金,资金 research: 研究,探讨advancement: 进步,改进 disease: 疾病,病害
但是如果有适当的投资和研究,我们能够阻止这个病毒的发展。
I urge each and every one of you to take up this cause, spread the word, and fight those who would keep the world from the truth.
urge: 力劝,敦促,鼓励,极力主张 each: 每一,各个的 take up: 参加争论,开始战斗 cause: 事业,原则,目标 spread: (使)传播,(使)散布 fight: 战斗,斗争 keep from: 阻止,免于 truth: 事实,真相
我强烈需要你们每一个人都开始,从事这个事业,传播这些话,并且和那些企图向世界,隐藏真相的人们做斗争。
Thank you all for coming.
thank for: 就…表示感谢
非常感谢你们的到来。
-Bob: Inspirational lecture, Dr. Suresh. I was wondering if I could trouble you for an autograph.
inspirational: 启发灵感的,鼓舞人心的 lecture: 演讲,讲课 wonder: 想知道,问自己 trouble: 使烦恼,使忧虑 autograph: 亲笔签名
很有灵感的演讲,Suresh博士。我在想你是否能给我签个名?
Your father would've been so proud. So would your sister.
proud: 自豪的,得意的
你父亲会非常自豪的。还有你姐姐。
-Suresh: Who the hell are you and why are you following me?
follow: 跟随,接着
你到底是谁?你为什么要跟着我?
-Bob: This isn't necessary. I'm nobody.
necessary: 必要的,必需的
这不重要。我是个无名小卒。
-Suresh: What, you think I didn't recognize you? You've been at three of my lectures.
recognize: 认出,识别出某人(某事物) lecture: 演讲,讲课
什么?你以为我认不出你?你已经听过我3次演讲了。
-Bob: Yeah.
是的。
-Suresh: The company sent you to bag and tag me? Is that it? A year ago, I would've run, but not anymore!
send: 送,寄,派遣 bag: 装袋 tag: 加标签于 ago: 以前 run: 跑 not anymore: 不再
那个公司让你来跟踪和抓我?是不是?一年前,我会逃跑,但是现在不会了!
-Bob: Well, that's good, because if you had, I wouldn't be able to offer you a job.
be able to: 能,会 offer: 主动提供,主动提出,出价 job: 工作
很好,因为如果你逃跑,我就不能给你提供一份工作了。
-Suresh: I've been down that road before. It doesn't end well.
down: 处于低等地位,处于潦倒状态 end: 结束,终止 well: 好,满意地,友好地
我以前也干过。结果可不怎么样。
-Bob: Where will you go, Dr. Suresh? No one even believes they exist.
believe: 相信 exist: 存在,有
你去哪里,Suresh博士?都没有人相信他们的存在。
I found your father's book in the parapsychology section in-between hypnosis and alien abductions.
parapsychology: 心灵学,超心理学 section: 部分 hypnosis: 催眠,催眠状态,催眠术 alien: 外国的,外星人 abduction: 诱拐,诱导
我在超心理学部分看到你父亲的书,这个部分在催眠和外星人绑架之间。
They don't take you seriously. They all think you're nuts. But not me.
take sb/sth seriously: 认真对待 nut: (informal)疯子,怪人
他们根本不把你的话当真。他们都认为你在胡说。但我不会。
So if you're really interested in saving the world, the least you can do is let me buy you a drink.
be interested in: 对…感兴趣 save: 拯救,挽救 least: 最少的,程度最轻的 let: 让
所以如果你真的很想拯救世界,至少你应该让我请你喝杯什么。
(Maya and Alejandro, San Diego Honduras)
(Maya和Alejandro,圣地亚哥洪都拉斯)
-Maya: They really go?
他们真的走了?
-Alejandro: Temporary. We need keep running.
暂时的。我们要继续跑。
-Maya: We already ran eight hundreds miles. I can’t run.
我们已经跑了八百英里了。我跑不动了。
-Alejandro: We have no choice.
我们没的选择。
-Maya: If we didn’t run away, what will happen? If we are caught, people will die.
如果我们没有跑掉,会怎么样?如果我们被抓住了,人们会死。
-Alejandro: If we don’t run, they will die.
如果我们不跑,他们会死的。
Maya, we can be in America on Tuesday. There has the answer we want to know.
Maya,星期二我们就能到美国了。那里有我们想要的答案。
And I promised mom, I will have you stop.
还有我答应过妈妈,我不会让你停下来。
(Claire and Noah Bennet, California, Green Coast)
(Claire和Noah Bennet,绿色海岸加州)
-Claire: All the electives I wanted filled up last semester.
elective: 选修课程,选修科目 fill up: (使)充满 semester: 学期
我想要的选修课上个学期都满了。
-Bennet: Come on. It's your first day. You should be excited. I am.
excited: 兴奋的,激动的,喜悦的
好了。这是你的第一天。你应该高兴。我很高兴。
-Claire: Well, it's easy for you to say. You're not wading into the shark-infested waters of 11th grade.
wade into: 猛烈攻击,精神饱满地开始 shark: 鲨鱼 infest:大量滋生,大量出没于
对你来说很容易。你没有在11年级的时候被推进满是鲨鱼的水里。
I don't have one friend. I am shark bait.
shark: 鲨鱼 bait: (钓鱼等用的)饵,诱饵
我没有一个朋友。我是鲨鱼饵。
-Bennt: Oh, you're gonna do fine. They don't look any different from the kids in Texas.
different from: 异于… kid: 小孩,年轻人
你会做得很好的。他们看起来和德克萨斯的孩子们没有什么不同。
Okay, except for her. So maybe they're a little bit more...sophisticated here, but you're gonna fit right in.
except for: 除…之外 a little bit: 少些,一点 sophisticate: 老于世故的 fit in: 相处融洽,合得来
除了她。也许他们有一点...太成熟了,但是你会融入的。
-Claire: [Sighs] If you say so.
如果你这么说。
-Bennt: Just remember what we talked about.
talk about: 谈论
记住我们的谈话。
-Claire: I know. I'm Claire Butler. I won't slip up.
slip up: 疏漏,差错
我知道。我叫Claire Butler。我不会漏嘴的。
-Bennt: It's not just the name. It's everything.
不只是名字。是所有事。
Trust me. The company is still out there. And they will find us unless we're flawless with our plan.
unless: 除非,如果不 flawless: 无暇的,完美的
相信我。那个组织依然存在。他们会找到我们,除非我们严格执行计划。
From now on...you have to be entirely un-extraordinary.
from now on: 从现在开始 have to: 不得不,只好 entirely: 全部地,整体地 extraordinary: 非同寻常的,特别的
从现在开始...你必须老老实实做个平凡人.
-Claire: Right. Don't stand out in any way.
stand out: 突出,显眼,引人注目
好。凡事低调。
-Bennet: Exactly. Don't raise your hand in class. And don't even think about trying out for cheerleading.
exactly: 正确地,严密地 raise: 提起,举起,竖起 think about: 考虑…,捉摸… try out: 试用;试验
没错。上课不要举手。做拉拉队长就想也别想了。
-Claire: Oh, come on, dad. That's all behind me.
拜托,爸爸。都过去了。
-Bennet: Just blend in. Be ordinary, right?
blend in: (使)(与…)和谐或协调 ordinary: 普通的,平常的
尽量融入。做个普通人,好不?
-Claire: You got it.
知道了。
You know, we might want to start by you not driving me to school. It kind of draws attention to me.
start by: 先做某事 kind of: 〈口〉稍微,有点儿,有几分 draw attention: 引起注意
我们也许该先从你开车送我上学这事开始。对我来说这很引人注目。
-Bennet: Ouch.
哎呀。
-Claire: And, you know...Don't you think it might be easier on all of us if... I had my own car?
而且...事情可以更简单,就是...给我辆自己的车?
-Bennet: Your mother and I were going to surprise you on your birthday next month. But...
surprise: 惊奇,惊讶
你妈和我本打算在你下月生日时给你惊喜。但是...
-Claire: Oh, my Gosh. The Rogue? Thank you, daddy!
天啊!这台Rogue?谢谢老爸!
-Bennet: Oh! It's yours.
哦!这是你的了。
-Claire: You're the best dad in the world. [School bell rings]
你是全世界最好的爸爸。
-Bennet: I know. I know.
我知道。我知道。
Claire. It's just... I just can't help thinking about how many times I've said good-bye to you on the first day of school.
Claire。我...我总是禁不住想,曾多少次开学送你时和你告别。
I'm so sorry for everything I’ve put you through. Hope you know how much I love you.
put sb. through: 使经受磨练,使受苦难
我很抱歉让你受苦了。希望你知道我有多么爱你。
[School bell rings]
钟声响起
[Tires screech]
screech: 发出尖叫声,发出粗而刺耳的声音
-Claire: Sorry. Ohf!
对不起。哦。
(Hiro Nakamura, Outside Kyoto Japan)
(中村广,京都城外,日本)
-Hiro: Not again.
又来!
-Man: Ready!
预备!
-Hiro: The past isn’t very safe place. Not safe for you either.
古代也不是什么安全的地方。对你来说也不安全。
Oh, my god. You are Takezo Kensei, I’m Hiro Nakamura. My hero!
天啊。你是剑圣!我是中村广。我的英雄!
I must save you.
我一定要救你。
-Matt: I’m asking one more time. Come out with your hands up.
come out: 出来,出现,显露,露面
我再说一次。举手走出来。
Look, I know this sucks, NYPD showing up at your door like this. I get it. But this is what happens when you take somebody hostage.
suck: (表示厌恶)臭,恶心 show up: 到场,出席 hostage: 人质
我知道这很不好看,纽约警察全副武装出现在你门前。我知道。但当你抓人质起,就应当料到如此田地。
I just need to make sure everybody gets out of there safely, okay?
make sure: 设法确保出现某事物 get out of: 从…里出来 safely: 安全地
我只需确保人人安全走出来,懂吗?
-Woman: Ah!
啊!
-Matt: Both of you, hands up.
up: 向上,趋于较高处
都举起手来!
-Man: No, I’m the hostage! Shoot her.
hostage: 人质 shoot: 开枪,射击
不,我才是人质!射她。
-Woman: No, I’m the hostage! Shoot him! I'm the hostage.
把手举起来
Shoot her.
不,我是人质。射他!我是人质。
-Man: I'm the hostage! Shoot her!
我是人质!射她!
-Woman: I'm the hostage! No, shoot him! Shoot him.
我是人质!不,射他!射他。
-Man: Shoot her. Shoot her! Shoot her!
射她!射她!射她!
-Man’s mind: Dude, it's her. Shoot her. Shoot her. Shoot her! Shoot her!
老兄,是她。射她!射她! 射她! 射她!
-Woman: Ah!
啊!
[Bell rings]
钟声响起
How did you know?
你怎么知道的?
-Man: Okay, guys. Good job. Let's clean this place up. All guns to the armory.
clean up: 打扫干净,理整齐 armory: 军械库
好样的,大伙。干得好。清理现场。收械回库。
-Senior Officer: How did you know which one to shoot?
你怎么知道谁是歹徒?
-Matt: I don't know. Tone of voice. Eye contact. The hostage looked me in the eye. The other was looking for an exit.
tone: 腔调,语气 contact: 接触,联系 hostage: 人质 the other: 两者中另外一个 look for: 寻找(某人或某物) exit: 出口
我不知道。语调。眼神。人质看着我的眼。另一个则看着逃生出口。
-Senior Officer: Well, most people notice a gun under the bad guy's shirt.
notice: 注意 under: 在…的下面 shirt: 衬衫,衬衣
大多数人是留意到歹徒衣服里有枪。
-Matt: Right. Yeah, that too. Of course.
没错。还有这个。当然。
-Senior Officer: You know, guys who get shot like you did, they just take that worker's comp and call it a day.
comp: 免费票,免费供应的东西 call it a day: 收工,休息,终止
要是有人像你这样中枪,他们通常就会高枕无忧地放大假。
-Matt: I've been, uh, I’ve wanted to be a cop my whole life. Four bullets to the chest aren't gonna change that.
cop: 警察 whole: 整体的,全部的 bullet: 子弹 chest: 胸部,胸腔 change: 改变,改换,变化
我一辈子都梦想当警察。胸中四弹算什么。
-Senior Officer: Well, we were gonna drag this out, make you sweat. But I figured, what's the point?
drag out: 拖延,(不必要或令人生厌地)拖长 sweat: 担心,焦虑,不安 figure: 认为,料想 point: 目的,意图
我们本来打算叫你出出汗,好让你知难而退。但我在想,有什么意义?
Take that off. I figured that, uh, you'd rather have a real one. Well, you gonna take it?
take off: 拿走,取下,去掉 figure: 估计,有可能,认为,料想 real: 真的
把那拿下来。我在想...你会更想戴个真的。你要吗?
-Matt: Yeah. Yeah. Thank you. Wow, thank you so much.
要,当然。谢谢。太谢谢了。
-Teacher: Turn on your Bunsen burners, people, and be careful.
turn on: 打开 burner: 炉子 be careful: 小心,注意
同学们把本生灯点燃,小心。
-West: You got a death wish?
death: 死,死亡 wish: 希望,盼望,愿望
你有什么遗言吗?
-Claire: Uh, you talking about that? I was just seeing how hot it was.
你是说那个?我只是想看看能有多热。
-West: Pretty sure it's hot. It's called a "flame."
pretty: 相当,颇 sure: 无疑的,确信的,有把握的 flame: 火焰,火舌
可以肯定的是它很热。所以才叫“火焰”嘛。
-Claire: Yeah. I was just kidding around.
kid around: 做傻事;装儍像
对。玩玩而已。
-West: Like you were this morning when you stepped in front of my car? That's okay. Made my morning interesting.
step: 举步,行走,跨步 in front of: 在…前面 interesting: 令人感兴趣的,有趣的
就像你今早在我车前面玩玩一样?没关系。给我的早晨添精彩。
I'm west.
我叫West。
-Claire: Claire.
Claire。
-West: You're new, right?
新来的?
-Claire: Yeah.
是。
-West: So what are you?
那么你是什么?
-Claire: Meaning what, exactly?
mean: 表示…的意思 exactly: 确切的,严格的
什么意思?
-West: Meaning are you one of them... or one of the others?
意思是你是属于这群人...还是另一群人?
-Claire: I'm not sure I know what you're getting at.
我不太懂你意思。
-West: Well, let me break it down for you. Are you a robot or an alien? 'Cause everyone in the world is one or the other.
break down: 分析,分解 robot: 机器人 alien: 外星人
我解释给你听。你是机器人还是怪兽?因为世上每个人不是机器人,就是怪兽。
Robots do what they're told. Stick with the herd. Aliens, on the other hand, do their own thing.
stick with: 紧跟,紧随 herd: 人群,群众,兽群,牧群 on the other hand: 在另一方面 own: 属于自己的
机器人唯命是从。随大流。怪兽则不同,我行我素。
-Claire: Well, uh, I don't know. Do I have to choose?
choose: 挑选;选择
呃,我不知道。一定要选吗?
-West: Most people do.
大多数人都选。
-Claire: So what are you?
你是哪种?
-Teacher: okay, everyone.
好了,同学们。
In the struggle for survival, it is the fittest who win out at the expense of their rivals.
struggle: 搏斗,奋斗,努力 survival: 幸存,生存 fit: 合适的,恰当的,资格的 win out: 最终获得成功,战胜,胜过 at the expense of: 以…为代价,在…受损害的情况下 rival: 竞争对手
在生存斗争中,适者生存,而不适者淘汰。
Now who said this?
这句话是谁说的?
Come on, people. Journey of the beagle. Evolution. Anyone?
journey: 旅行,行程 beagle: 小猎兔犬 evolution: 进化,发展
踊跃点,同学们。猎犬之旅。进化。同学们?
Charles Darwin. It's Charles Darwin. Easy one.
查尔斯达尔文。是查尔斯达尔文。很简单。
[All speaking Spanish]
-Man: Looks like my lucky day.
似乎是我的幸运日。
-Alejandro: How much?
多少?
-Man: Ten thousand Lampiras…I’ll take you as far as Sonora. That’s six hundred miles from the American border.
border: 国境线
10000伦皮拉...我可以送你去到Sonora。离美国边境只有600里。
-Alejandro: OK.
好吧。
-Man: You two married?
你们是夫妻?
-Alejandro: She is my sister.
她是我妹妹。
-Man: Even better. You can ride with me up front.
那更好。你可以和我一起坐前面。
-Maya: In your dreams.
做梦。
-Man: Ride with me or you don’t ride at all.
要么和我一起坐,要么就别上车。
-Alejandro: She stays with me. We will ride in back.
她只能跟我一起。我们一起坐后面。
-Molly: You are late.
你迟到了。
-Matt: No, I believe I’m right on time.
on time: 按时,准时
不,我确信我刚好到。
-Molly: I believe that your watch is slow.
believe: 相信 watch: 表 slow: 慢的
我确信你的表慢了。
Guess what?
guess: 猜
猜猜今天发生什么?
-Matt: What?
什么?
-Molly: Max Grossman tried to kiss me today.
try to: 试着做,想做
Max Grossman今天想亲我。
-Matt: What?
什么?
-Female Teacher: Mr. Parkman?
Parkman先生?
-Matt: Yeah.
我是。
-Teacher: Can I speak to you for a minute?
for a minute: 一会儿
可以和你谈谈吗?
-Matt: Uh, sure. Can you give us a second?
当然。等等我好吗?
-Molly: Sure.
好。
-Matt: Is everything okay?
一切都好?
-Teacher: Yeah, I’m just a little concerned, that's all.
concerned: 忧虑的,焦虑的,担心的
都好。只是我有点担心而已。
Molly's been falling asleep in class the last week or so. And when I asked her about it, she said she's been having some nightmares.
fall asleep: 入睡,懈怠,静止不动 last week: 上周 ask about: 询问,打听 nightmare: 噩梦
Molly上周上课时打瞌睡。我问她,她说一直在做噩梦。
-Matt: Um, she's got kind of a big imagination.
kind of: 〈口〉稍微,有点儿,有几分 imagination: 想像力
她想象力蛮丰富。
And I realize that there's really nothing I can do about them, so I’m just trying to make her feel as safe as possible.
realize: 了解,认识到 nothing: 没有东西,没有事情,没有一点儿 as … as possible: 尽可能地…
对此我确实毫无办法,所以我只是尽可能多给她些安全感。
-Teacher: About that, I know it's not exactly my place, but your situation isn't the most stable.
exactly: 确切的,正确的 situation: 形势,情况 stable: 稳定的,安定的
说起这个,我知道这话不该说,但你的处境并不稳定。
-Matt: My situation?
我的处境?
-Teacher: Your injuries. Your divorce.
injury: 伤害,损害 divorce: 离婚
你受过伤。离了婚。
-Matt: Look, uh, my divorce is my business. And all you really need to know is that molly is loved and well-cared for and she's doing great.
business: 事情,事务,关心的事 cared: 关心的,担忧的
听着,离婚是我的私事。你只要知道Molly被爱护,被照顾得不错,她过得很好。
-Teacher: She's struggling, Mr. Parkman.
struggling: 艰难的,挣扎的
她过得很辛苦,Parkman先生。
-Matt: Why? Because she's having a few nightmares?
为什么?就因为她做噩梦?
-Teacher: Because of these.
because of: 因为
因为这些。
She started drawing them a week or so ago. Every day, they get a little worse.
draw: 绘画,画 ago: 以前 worse: 更坏的,更糟的,更差的
大概一礼拜前她开始画这些。每天画,越来越恐怖。
-Matt: Oh, my god.
天哪。
-Teacher: And I have to ask you, what is this? It's in every single picture.
single: 单一的,单个的
我得问问你,这是什么?每幅画里都有。
(Katio Nakamura Ando, Manhattan)
(中村海东和安藤曼哈顿)
-Ando: Excuse me.
不好意思。
[Speaking Japanese]
Sir, with no disrespect to you or Hiro, it’s almost been four months, and there has been no sign of him. Maybe he is not coming back.
disrespect: 不敬,失礼,无礼 sign: 手势,迹象
先生,不是不尊重您或阿广,已经四个月了...他一点影子都没有。也许他不回来了。
-Katio: For closed to thirty years, I have seen my son as a disappointment, a dreamer who excelled at nothing.
dreamer: 做梦的人,梦想者 disappointment: 失望 excel: 胜过,优于,擅长
快三十年了,我总是觉得儿子是败家子,一事无成的空想家。
It wasn’t until Hiro began this quest …that I saw his strength, courage and wisdom.
直到阿广开始探索之旅...我才看到他的力量、勇气和智慧。
There is a legacy …that I meant to hand down to him.
legacy: 祖先传下来之物,遗赠物 hand down: 把…往下递,把…传下去
有件祖传之物…我要传给他。
No… I will wait for Hiro to return. I am a man of patience.
不... 我会等阿广回来。我是个有耐心的人。
That can’t be. Where did you get this paper?
不会吧。你从哪里拿到的报纸?
-Ando: From your office. Sir, what is it? What does that mean?
你办公室呀。先生,怎么了?这什么意思?
-Katio: In twenty-four hours…I will be dead.
24小时内...我必死无疑。
(Nathan and Angela Petrelli, at Peter’s apartment, New York.)
(Nathan和Angela Petrelli,在PETER的公寓纽约)
-Nathan: What are you doing here, ma?
你在这里干吗,妈?
-Angela: It's time to move on, Nathan, he's dead.
move on: 继续前进,继续进行,往前走
你该搬走了,Nathan,他死了。
-Nathan: You don't know that. Leave his stuff alone. He's gonna want it when he gets back.
leave alone: 不理,不管 stuff: 材料,东西 get back: 回来,回家
你不知道他死了没。别动他的东西。他回来肯定还要。
-Angela: You're drunk. Thank god your father isn't here to see you.
drunk: 醉的
你喝醉了。感谢上帝,你爸没在这儿看到你这样子。
-Nathan: Or you, for that matter.
for that matter: 就此而言
说起这个,也许该庆幸他没看到你这样。
-Angela: You killed your brother. Drove Heidi away. Drove your kids away.
drive away: 赶走,驱散
你杀了你弟弟。赶走了Heidi。赶走了你的孩子。
If you'd followed our plan…If you'd done what you were supposed to do, He would be alive now.
follow: 遵照,接受,听从 be supposed to: 应该,被期望 alive: 活着的
如果你按我们的计划做...如果你做你该做的,他就不会死。
-Nathan: To think I almost listened to you. You're evil, ma. Get out.
almost: 几乎,差不多,差一点 listen to: 听从 evil: 邪恶的,坏的 get out: 出去,走开
我竟然曾经听你的话。你是恶魔,妈。滚。
[Speaking Japanese]
[Sword being unsheathed]
-Hiro: I did it!
我成功了!
-Man: What’s happened? How did we get here?
发生什么事了?我们怎么会在这里?
-Hiro: I brought you here. They were about to put holes in you.
【put holes in: 在某人身上打孔,暗示杀害】
我带你来的。他们要杀你呢。
-Man: For fifty rye is not worth dying for. You tell Takezo Kensei …He may keep his damn money.
rye: 黑麦,裸麦
不值得为五十绫而死。你告诉宫本武藏...他就留着他那臭钱吧。
-Hiro: But if you are not Takezo Kensei, then who is …
但是如果你不是宫本武藏,那谁才是...
-Takezo Kensei: What did you do? You made him run away. What did you do? Why did you make them run away?
你干什么了?你让他跑了。你干什么了?你怎么让他们跑了?
If I put an arrow through that leader’s heart, I would have been a very rich man.
如果我一箭射穿那个领头的心脏,我就发大财了。
-Hiro: Takezo Kensei
宫本武藏?
-Takezo Kensei: Who are you? Are you a monk? You dressed so strange for a monk. And you wear a glassed like a doctor.
monk: 僧侣,修道士
你是谁?你是僧侣吗?僧侣怎么穿成这样。你像医生一样带个眼镜。
-Hiro: I’m not a monk. I’m your biggest fan. I know all about you. Takezo Kensei. I know all the stories about you. I stole your sword.
fan: 迷,狂热者
我不是僧侣。我非常仰慕你。我了解你的一切。宫本武藏。我知道你的所有故事。我偷了你的剑。
Are you Takezo Kensei?
你是英雄武藏?
-Takezo Kensei: My name here is Kensei. But no one’s ever called me a hero here.
我在这里的名字是武藏。但从来没有人叫我英雄。
-Hiro: Huh?
啊?
(Costa Verde California)
((Costa Verde 加州)
-Manager: Can you excuse me? You were late.
等等好吗?你迟到了。
-Bennet: It's my daughter's first day of high school. Had to make sure she was okay.
make sure: 确保,设法保证
今天是我女儿高中入学。我得把她安排妥当。
-Manager: And that's, uh, somehow my problem? That shipment of toner cartridges came in last night.
shipment: 货物 toner: 调色剂,调色者 cartridge: 钢笔囊 come in: 进入,来到,到达
那样,那关我什么事啊?笔心调色剂昨晚就送到了。
-Bennet: I know. I was here.
我知道。我昨晚在这里。
-Manager: And when exactly were they going to get installed? 'Cause I don't see anybody else here doing it.
install: 安顿,安置 else: 其他,另外
那他们到底什么时候才装货?因为我看不到有人在装啊。
-Bennet: I'm gonna do it this morning.
我打算今天早上装。
-Manager: Uh-Huh. And if I wasn't here watching your every move?
watch: 留心,注视 move: 行动,行动步骤
如果我不在这里看着你一举一动呢?
You know, you've been here for a few months, Butler. I think it's time I saw some commitment to excellence from you.
a few: 少许,少数 commitment: 承诺,许诺,保证 excellence: 优秀,杰出,卓越
你已经在这里几个月了,Butler。我想是时候让我看到你做点成绩出来了。
When I was assistant manager, we were fully set before the first customer walked through that door.
assistant: 助手,副手,助理 manager: 经理,管理人 fully: 完全地 set: 安排,确定 customer: 顾客,主顾 walk through: 步行穿过(某处),对…走过场
当我做经理助理的时候,我们会在第一个顾客进入那扇门之前,就已经一切准备就绪。
That is how I got this.
所以我才能得到这个。
Paper business is dog eat dog. You gotta live it and breathe it. You gotta want it. Do you want it, Butler? Do you?
business: 行业,事业 live: 以某种方式生活 breathe: 呼吸
纸页生意的狗咬狗的。你要学会忍受,学会坚持。你想要它吗,Butler?你想吗?
-Bennet: Yes, sir.
是的,先生。
-Manager: Yeah. Well, we'll see.
好。好,等着瞧吧。
-Bob: The company was formed 30 years ago with a group of like-minded individuals, ordinary men and women who were gifted with extraordinary powers.
form: 构成,组织,成立 a group of: 一群(人、虫、兽等) individual: 个人,人 ordinary: 普通的,平常的 gifted: 有天才的,有天赋的 gifted with: 天生有 extraordinary: 非同寻常的,特别的 power: 能力,天赋
这家公司是在30年前由几个志同道合的人一起成立的,天生拥有超人力量的普通男女。
They wanted to help their own, to find them and to protect them.
help: 帮助 own: 为自己的 protect: 保护,保卫
他们想帮助同类,去找到他们并保护他们。
We find people, and we make sure they don't become dangerous.
make sure: 确信,保证 dangerous: 危险的
我们找到他们,并且确定他们不会变成威胁。
Now sometimes that can mean making sure they understand entirely what they're capable of.
entirely: 全部地,整体地 be capable of: 能够
现在有些时候就是要让他们清楚知道自己的能力。
And teaching them to use their abilities for the good of mankind.
mankind: 人类
然后教会他们用自己的能力来造福人类。
And sometimes it can mean eliminating them.
eliminate: 消除,排除
而有些时候就要消灭他们。
-Suresh: Who the hell are you to judge who lives and who dies?
judge: 审判,评判,断定 live: 活,生存 die: 死亡,枯萎
你以为你们是谁能够决定生死?
-Bob: If I’m not mistaken, you yourself tried to put a bullet in the brain of a man named Sylar.
try to: 尝试做,想做 bullet: 子弹 brain: 大脑 put … in …: 把…放于…中
如果我没有记错,你自己就想让一个叫Sylar的人脑袋开花。
-Suresh: He was a monster.
monster: 怪物
他是个怪物。
-Bob: Yes. And you were willing to kill him for the greater good. You acted on a moral imperative to protect your species.
be willing to: 愿意 moral: 道德上的,有道德的 imperative: 必要的,紧急的,必要的事 protect: 保护 species: 物种,种
对。你杀他就是因为好意。你就有道德使命去保护你的同类。
-Suresh: It doesn't matter one way or the other about Sylar. He's no longer a threat. He's dead.
matter: 要紧,有关系 no longer: 不再 threat: 威胁,恐吓 dead: 死亡的
不管Sylar怎样都已经没关系了。他已经不能造成威胁了。他死了。
-Bob: And now you have Molly. You and Matt Parkman are protecting her.
protect: 保护
而现在你有Molly。你和Matt Parkman在保护她。
Now we're not interfering with that arrangement. Far from it. We're offering to help you. We have resources to offer you, Dr. Suresh.
interfere: 干预,阻挠,妨碍,阻止 arrangement: 安排 far from: 远远不,完全不,非但不 offer to: 提供给 resource: 资源
我们现在不是要干涉你们。完全没有。我们是想帮助你们。我们有资源帮助你们,Suresh博士。
The plague. You talked about the disease which killed your sister, Shanti.
plague: 瘟疫
那场瘟疫。杀死你姐姐Shanti的那种疾病。
-Suresh: The virus.
virus: 病毒
是病毒。
-Bob: Yes. We have the funds you need for your research.
fund: 基金,专款 research: 研究,探讨
对。我们有你研究所需的经费。
Now, can you imagine what would happen if that virus mutated and crossed over into the general population?
imagine: 想像,设想 happen: 发生 virus: 病毒 mutate: 变化,转变,突变,变异 cross over: 穿过 into: 进入…中,到…里 general: 普遍的,全面的 population: 人口
现在,你可以想象一下如果这种病毒产生变异并且透过人群传播,将会怎样?
-Suresh: Look, the type of research you're talking about is extremely expensive.
type: 类型,种类 talk about: 谈论,提及 extremely: 极端,极其;非常 expensive: 昂贵的
听着,你说的这一类研究是很昂贵的。
-Bob: Trust me. That won't be a problem.
trust: 相信,信任 problem: 问题,疑难问题
相信我。绝对不成问题。
Let's just say we have our own private Fort Knox.
private: 私人的,个人的 fort: 堡垒,城堡 Fort Knox: 纳克斯堡,美国国家黄金储藏地
就当我们有自己的黄金储藏地吧。
So can we count you in?
count in: 把…算入
那么你要加入我们吗?
(Suresh’s home Brooklyn)
(Suresh的家布鲁克林)
-Matt: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Man: You're welcome.
不客气。
-Matt: Dinner!
吃晚饭了!
-Molly: Uh, shouldn't I be eating some vegetables every once in awhile?
once in a while: 时不时,偶尔,间或
呃,我不是应该要时时都吃点蔬菜吗?
-Matt: Well, that is why I got you a vegetable pizza, Smarty-Pants. Plus I got your favorite rocky road for desert.
smart: 思维敏捷的,伶俐的,聪明的 favorite: 最喜爱的 rocky: 火箭形状的 desert: 甜点
嗯,所以给你定了蔬菜批萨,机灵鬼。我还给你买你最爱的火箭筒做甜点。
-Molly: You're just trying to bribe me 'cause you never cook. I miss Mohinder. He cooks.
bribe: 贿赂 cook: 煮饭 miss: 想念,惦记
你想贿赂我,因为你从不煮饭。我想念Mohinder了,他会煮饭。
-Matt: Hey, I can cook. I just thought why not order pizza? Give us time to talk.
why not: 为什么不 order: 订购,定制
嘿,我也可以下厨。我就是觉得为什么不定批萨?这样我们就可以有时间聊天了。
-Molly: Hmm. Talk about what? This? Does that mean you passed your detective's exam?
pass: 通过 detective: 侦探 exam: 考试
聊什么?这个吗?这是意味着你已经通过了探员考试?
-Matt: With flying colors. Why? You proud of me?
be proud of: 自豪的,高兴的
很出色地通过了,怎么了?你为我而骄傲吗?
-Molly: Mm, depends. Did you cheat?
depend: 决定于,视…而定 cheat: 欺诈,作弊
不一定。你有没有作弊?
-Matt: Why would you ask me that?
你为什么会问我这个?
-Molly: Reading the answers out of people's minds, it's unfair.
read: 读 out of: 从…中 mind: 心思 unfair: 不公平
读人家心里面的答案,不公平。
-Matt: No, it is my natural talent. You wouldn't think a baseball player's cheating 'cause he's athletic, would you?
natural: 自然的,天然的 talent: 天资,才能 baseball: 棒球 cheat: 欺诈,作弊 athletic: 运动员的,运动的
不,这是我的天赋。你不会因为一个棒球手体格健壮而说他作弊吧,对吗?
-Molly: It's not the same and you know it.
你知道这是不一样的。
-Matt: No. You know what, I want to talk to you about these drawings that you made at school.
不。我想谈谈你在学校画的这些画。
-Molly: You're changing the subject.
change: 改变,改换 subject: 话题,考虑的问题
你转移话题。
-Matt: Ms. Gerber's concerned and so am I.
concern: 使担忧,使烦恼
Gerber老师很关心你,我也是。
-Molly: You don't want to talk about your exams. I don't want to talk about my dreams.
你不想说你的考试。我也不想说我的梦境。
-Matt: Molly. I want to help you. I don't want you to be…
Molly。我想帮你。我不想你...
-Molly: I said I didn't want to talk about it!
我说了我不想谈这个!
Can I finish my dinner in my room?
我能到我房间里吃晚餐吗?
-Matt: Sure. Go ahead.
go ahead: 前进,继续
当然可以。去吧。
[Radio playing slow Spanish music]
收音机播放缓慢的西班牙音乐
-Maya: This book is incredible. Alejandro. This man has figured it all out.
figure out: 想出,理解,解释
这本书太不可思议了,Alejandro。这个人全都解释出来了。
-Alejandro: Yes. If he knows the cause, there has to be a cure.
cure: 治疗,治疗法
是的。如果他知道原因,就一定有治疗的办法。
-Maya: Yes, it’s just that. God wouldn’t have done this to me. Without a chance for salvation.
对,没错。上帝不会这样对我的。不会让我得不到拯救。
-Alejandro: Maya, it’s not your fault. You have to believe that.
Maya,这不是你的错。你要坚信这一点。
-Maya: You keep saying that …But your word don’t make it any easier, Alejandro. Especially when I know what can happen.
你总是这样说...但无论你怎么说都不能改变事实,Alejandro。特别是当我知道会发生什么。
-Alejandro: Nothing will happen. Not when I’m with you. I won’t let it happen.
什么都不会发生。只要我在你身边。我不会让它发生的。
-Maya: Why stop?
为什么停下来了?
-Man: You. Come with me.
你们。跟我来。
-Alejandro: Just stay here.
待在这里。
What’s the problem?
怎么了?
-Man: Our financial arrangement…Did I say ten thousand? What I meant to say was …ten thousand for each of you.
我们的资金安排...我是说过一万伦皮拉吗?我是想说...你们每人...一万。
-Alejandro: No…I remember it was for both of us.
不...我记得你是说我们两个人。
-Man: Pardon me. I made a mistake. What I meant was …that you ride in the back …Your sister rides up front with me.
对不起。我说错了。我的意思是...你坐后面...你的妹妹和我们一起坐前面。
-Alejandro: I told you she stays with me.
我跟你说过她要和我一起的。
-Man: That’s it. The deal, take it or leave it?
现在...只能这样,要不要随你便。
-Alejandro: You son of a bitch.
你这个混蛋。
-Maya: No. You don’t understand. For god’s sake! You are making a mistake! Alejandro! Alejandro!
不!你不懂。天哪!你搞错了!Alejandro!Alejandro!
-Alejandro: Maya!
Maya!
[Car comes to a stop]
[Cheerleader chants]
-Ballerina: Claire!
Claire!
-Cheerleader: Nice move, Ballerina. How's that floor taste?
taste: 品尝,尝到
好动作,Ballerina。地板味道还好吗?
-Claire: Are you okay?
你还好吗?
Don't listen to them. I'm going to go find the birdie thing.
别听她们的。我去找创可贴。
Thank you.
谢谢。
-West: No problem. Robot.
robot: 机器人
没事。机器人。
-Claire: So I’m a robot now, huh?
觉得我是机器人?
-West: Far as I can tell.
as far as: 就…尽…至于…
据我所知是的。
-Claire: Okay. Birdie, please.
好吧。请把球给我。
You don't even know me.
你都不了解我。
-West: You had the answer today in class, but you didn't say it. You don't want people to know that you are smart.
今天上课你知道答案,但你没说。你不想让别人知道你很聪明。
-Claire: You just have me all figured out, huh?
figure out: 弄明白
你很懂我,是吧?
-West: Know a robot when I see one.
见到个机器人要了解一下。
-Claire: Hmm.
嗯。
-Cheerleader: Come on, Martha. It's just a back flip off the tower. And you know the girls will catch you.
back: 后边的,背后的 flip off: 轻弹 tower: 高架子 catch: 接住
快点,Martha。只要从架子上后空翻下来。我们会接住你的。
-Claire: Just leave her alone, okay?
leave alone: 不烦扰,不干涉
别捉弄她,好吗?
-Cheerleader: Okay, one--Don't know you.
好的,第一,不认识你。
And two--As captain of the cheerleading squad, it's totally within my rights to recruit talent where I see it.
captain: 队长,首领 squad: 班,小队 right: 权利 recruit: 招募,招聘 talent: 人才
第二,作为拉拉队长遇到人才招募进来完全是我的权利所在。
I think Martha here has what it takes to be a cheerleader.
我觉得Martha有做队长的潜力。
-Claire: So you can do a back tuck off the tower? What's the big deal?
tuck: 叠折,卷起 big deal: 重要的事情,大事情
那你能从架子上后空翻?有什么大不了的?
-Cheerleader: If it's so easy, why don't you try it? In fact, if you can do a back tuck off the tower, Martha here is off the hook.
in fact: 实际上,其实 off the hook: 摆脱困境
如果这么简单,你怎么不试一下呢?事实上,如果你敢跳,我们就放过Martha。
-Claire: All right. I'll do it.
好吧,我跳。
-Cheerleader: This should be good.
不错。
We're waiting.
我们等着看呢。
-Claire: You're right. Can't do it.
你说对了。我不敢跳。
-Cheerleader: [Scoffs] There's a shocker.
scoff: 嘲笑,嘲弄
真逊。
-Molly's mind: help! Help! Help me! Help me! Don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No!
救命!救救我!救救我!别伤害我。不要伤害我。不要!
[Voices, noises]
(Molly) Noooo! No!
不要!不要!
[Deep voice] I can see you.
我能看见你。
[Screams]
scream: 尖叫,尖叫声
-Matt: It's okay. It's okay. It's all right. It was just a dream. It was just a dream.
没事。没事。别怕。只是个梦。只是个梦而已。
-Molly: Oh, my gosh, he can see me.
哦,天哪,他能看见我。
-Matt: Did you see him? Huh? See what he look like? Okay, you tell me where he is and I will take care of him.
look like: 看起来与(某人或某物)相像〔相似〕 take care of: 对付,处理
你看见他了吗?看见他长什么样?告诉我他在哪儿,我来对付他。
-Molly: No. He's too dangerous. If I tell you where he is, He'll kill you too.
不行,他太危险了。如果告诉你他在哪儿,他也会杀了你的。
-Matt: No. No, no, no. Nobody's going to kill anyone. I promise. I promise. I'm right here.
promise: 允诺,答应
不会,没人会杀人。我保证。我保证。我在这儿呢。
-Molly: Don't go, please.
求求你别去。
[Bones crack]
[Groans]
[Door shuts]
-West: Why are you still here?
你怎么还在这儿?
-Manager: U're still on your break.
break: 短期休假
你还在休息。
-Bennet: Yes, I am.
是的。
-Manager: You were supposed to be back on the floor five minutes ago. There's a line of customers out there.
be supposed to: 应该,被期望 ago: 以前 a line of: 一排
你五分钟前就该回去工作。好多顾客排队等着呢。
-Bennet: Just finishing my coffee.
finish: 结束,完成 coffee: 咖啡
喝完咖啡就去。
-Manager: Uh, no, you're finished. Get out there.
snap fingers: 弹指头 get out: 出去
不行,你已经喝完了。出去工作。
-Bennet: Just a few more sips, that's all.
sip: 一小口的量
只剩几口,喝完了。
-Manager: You look at me when i talk to you. Do you hear me? Ah!
跟我说话的时候要看着我。听到没?啊!
-Bennet: I hear you all right. Now you hear me.
我听得很清楚。现在你听我说。
I am done eating your crap. From now on, I will work how and when I feel like it. I will take breaks when I want to.
crap: 排泄物,粪便,屎 from now on: 从今以后 feel: 觉得,认为 break: 短暂的休假
我已经受够你那一套了。从现在开始,我想什么时候工作,怎么工作都不用你管。我想休息就休息。
And you will not say a damn word to me ever again.
damn: 该死的
别再跟我废话。
Do you understand? Yeah.
听懂了吗?
-Manager: Ow!
哦!
-Bennet: Square on that?
square: 一致,符合【同意】
明白没有?
-Manager: Yeah. Yeah.
明白了。
[Speaking Japanese]
-Hiro: I don’t understand. Takezo Kensei. The legendary samurai master My father read me tales of …is a gaijin?
我不明白。剑圣武藏... 我爸爸给我讲的故事里的那个传说中的剑豪...是外国人?
-Takezo Kensei: I want to pee.
我要小便。
-Hiro: Are you sure that you’re Takezo Kensei?
你确定你是剑圣武藏?
-Takezo Kensei: Good name, yeah? “Kensei” … means “Sword Saint.”
名字不错吧?“Kensei”就是剑圣的意思。
Men think twice before they trifle with that. I thought of it when I got here from England.
人们拿这名字开玩笑前,都要仔细想想。我从英国来之前就想过了。
-Hiro: You are English?
你是英国人?
-Takezo Kensei: Oh, and there's a surprise. You know, there's very few locals here with whom I can speak plain.
surprise: 惊奇,惊讶,令人吃惊的事物 local: 地方性的,当地的,本地的 plain: 清晰的;明白的
吓你一跳啊。当地人很少有能跟我无障碍交流。
Thank god for you, young man.
碰到你真好啊,年轻人。
Eh, sorry. Sorry.
哦,对不起。
So I came over on one of the few trade vessels your emperor let pass.
come over: 过,从远处来 trade: 贸易,商业 vessel: 船,舰 emperor: 皇帝,君主 let: 让,使 pass: 通过
我跟着少数几艘天皇放行的商船来的。
The boat left full of tea, I kept on to find my fortune. You should see what I got paid to fend off those bandits.
full of: 充满 keep on: 继续前进,继续工作 fortune: 庞大的财富,财产 fend off: 挡开,避开 bandit: 土匪,强盗
船上都是茶叶,我就来寻找属于我的财富。你应当看看我为了击退那些强盗都得到了哪些回报。
-Hiro: Kensei Takezo does not fight for money. He fights for honor.
fight for: 为…而战斗 honor: 荣誉,光荣
剑圣武藏从来不为金钱而斗争。他为荣誉而战。
-Takezo Kensei: Really? Well, as long as it's honor I can spend. It's not a bad lot.
as long as: 只要,如果 honor: 荣誉,光荣 spend: 用钱,花钱
真的吗?荣誉可以当饭吃我就考虑考虑。还不算太糟。
I mean, I find a stout brute, put him on a horse, put him in a field, and tell him to shout on about how he's fearsome old Kensei.
stout: 粗壮的,结实的 brute: 蛮干的,不动脑筋的 horse: 马 field: 场地,场所,战场 shout about: 大声喊 fearsome: 很可怕的,十分吓人的
我找到了一个壮汉当托儿,让他上马去战场,让他大喊,他有多怕老剑圣。
Then I repair to the branch of a tree and start to pick off the black guards one by one.
branch: 树枝,枝条 pick off: 逐个(或有选择地)瞄准射中 guard: 卫兵 one by one: 逐个地,一个一个地
然后我爬上了树,把那些黑乎乎的战士一个个都杀了。
-Hiro: That's fighting dirty!
dirty: 卑劣的,不公平的
那样打仗太卑劣了!
-Takezo Kensei: That's fighting smart, sir. What? I give him a fair wage. If he lives.
smart: 伶俐的,聪明的 fair: 公平的,公正的 wage: 工资
那是充满智慧的战争,先生。怎么了?我会给他一大笔钱。如果他还活着的话。
-Hiro: No. This can't be.
不对。不应该是这样的。
No. I come from the future. Many years from now. Your noble deeds become part of our history.
come from: 来自 future: 未来 from: (表示时间)从…,自… noble: 高尚的 deed: 行为 part: 部分 history: 历史
不对。我来自未来。很多年以后的未来。你的伟大功绩是我们日本历史的一部分。
-Takezo Kensei: The future?
future: 未来
未来?
-Hiro: Yes.
对!
-Takezo Kensei: That's a good one.
真不错啊。
-Hiro: No, it is true. I know what happens to you. As a boy I read the book the trials of Takezo Kensei.
trial: 考验,艰难经历
这是真的!我知道在你身上发生的所有事。我小时候就读过《剑圣武藏的故事》这本书。
How you killed the black bear of Sakashita. Your love of the Swordsmith's daughter,
你如何杀死了Sakashita的黑熊。你爱上了铸铁匠的女儿。
And you defeat the terrible white bearded warlord and save the village of Otsu.
defeat: 击败,战胜 terrible: 可怕的,恐怖的 bearded: 有胡子的 warlord: 军阀 save: 拯救,挽救 village: 村庄
你还打败了那些满脸胡子的白种人将军,拯救了大津村里所有的人。
Otsu? You smell smoke?
smell: 嗅,闻 smoke: 烟
Otsu?你闻到烟味了吗?
[Speaking Japanese]
What village is it?
那是什么村子?
-Takezo Kensei: That would be Otsu.
大津村。
-Ando: Sir, will you tell me what is the problem?
先生,您能告诉我这是怎么回事吗?
-Kito: I am going to die. This message is clear.
我就要死了。这个信息说的很清楚。
-Ando: Who is it from?
这是谁留下的?
-Kito: I don’t know. Could be any of them.
我不知道。可能是他们中的任何一个。
-Ando: Them?
他们是谁?
-Kito: All of them are very powerful.
他们非常强大。
You have been a loyal and trusted friend. I want you to leave. It’s not safe here with me.
loyal: 忠诚的,忠心的
你是非常忠诚又值得信赖的朋友。所以我想让你离开我。跟我在一起很危险。
-Ando: I can’t. I can’t desert you now. It is for Hiro that i will stay and help you fight.
我不会的。我不会扔下你不管。为了中村我也要和你并肩作战。
-Kito: Very well. If we are going to fight, then I will need a sword. Can you find me one?
很好。如果我们准备战斗,我需要一把剑。你能帮我找到吗?
-Ando: Ok, I will be back as soon as I can.
好的,我很快回来。
-Kito: It’s ok.
你去吧。
-Angela: Let me see it.
让我看看。
-Kito: I do not take death threats idly.
death: 死亡 idly: 懒散地,漫不经心地
我不会坐着等死。
-Angela: Someone's playing a trick.
trick: 戏法,把戏,计谋,诡计,花招
有人在跟我们玩花样。
-Kito: Are they? Charles Deveaux. Linderman. Your husband. All of them. Dead.
光是花样吗?Charles Deveaux.。Linderman。你的丈夫。他们所有的人。都死了。
Now there are nine.
现在还有九个人。
-Angela: So you think one of us sent these?
send: 送,寄,派遣
你觉得是我们当中的人寄的这些?
-Kito: Yes. For the pain we cause. The people we have killed. There is no end to our suffering.
pain: 痛苦 cause: 引起,促使,使发生 end: 终止,结局 suffering: 身体或心灵的痛苦,苦难
是的。因为我们而引起灾难。那些因我们而死的人。我们的灾难还没有结束。
I sought redemption by helping Hiro fulfill his destiny to save the world. How did you help your son?
sought: [seek的过去式及过去分词]寻找,探寻 redemption: 赎回,补救,兑现 fulfill: 履行,实现,完成(计划等) destiny: 命运,天命,天数
我要帮助Hiro去实现他拯救世界的愿望,以此赎罪。你怎么帮你的儿子?
Angela. I am leaving for Japan tonight. I suggest you disappear as well.
leave for: 出发去(某地) suggest: 建议,提议 disappear: 不见,消失 as well: 也
Angela。我今晚就回日本了。我建议你也消失。
[Speaking Japanese]
-Hiro: What’s happened?
发生什么了?
-Woman: Bandits. They took everything. Is there no god to protect us?
是强盗。把东西都抢走了。难道没有神明保护我们吗?
-Hiro: Oh, no. I broke history.
break: 打破 history: 历史
哦,不。我破坏了历史。
-Takezo Kensei: Villages burn. Those things happen.
village: 村庄 burn: 烧毁,烧坏 happen: 发生
村庄被烧毁。这很正常。
-Hiro: But not like this!
但不是这样的方式!
The future may not exist as I know it. No future. No cars. No Ando. No me. Great Scott.
exist: 存在
未来不会以原来的形式存在了。没有未来。没有汽车。没有安藤。没有我。天哪。
-Takezo Kensei: Ah. You mustn't fret everything, my very strange little friend. Here, have some sake. It'll brighten your day.
fret: (使某人)不愉快,烦躁 sake: 日本清酒 brighten: (使)发亮,(使)发光
啊。别瞻前顾后的,我可爱的小朋友。来喝口米酒。它能让你整天神清气爽。
-Hiro: No, forget sake! You're supposed to be a hero.
sake: 日本清酒 be supposed to: 应当,被期望 hero: 英雄
不,别喝酒了!你应该当英雄的。
-Takezo Kensei: Being a hero never filled anyone's sack with salt and saffron. It's a waste of time, huh?
being: 做 fill with: (使)充〔挤〕满 sack: 麻袋,包 salt: 盐,食盐 saffron: (用于食品上色和调味的)干藏红花粉 waste: 浪费,滥用
当英雄又不能养活自己。这是在浪费时间,对么?
-Hiro: In the stories, you are rewarded with more gold than the emperor.
reward: 酬谢,奖赏 emperor: 皇帝,君主
在历史里,你被封赏了比皇帝都多的数不尽的财宝。
And you took the Swordsmith's daughter, the most beautiful woman in all Japan for your princess.
princess: 公主
然后选了铁匠的女儿,全日本最漂亮的女人做你的公主。
-Takezo Kensei: Oh! Ow.
噢!
[Speaking Japanese]
-Yaeko: We gave you everything we had to defend us. Now our homes are burned. Those bandits took my father hostage.
我们给了你一切来保护我们。现在我们的家园毁之一炬。那些强盗把我爸爸扣作人质。
And you sit here drinking?
你却在这里喝酒?
-Takezo Kensei: No need for everyone’s day to be ruined.
没必要扰乱所有人的生活吧。
-Yaeko: You swear to challenge them in battle.
你发誓要跟他们挑战的。
-Takezo Kensei: I did, Yaeko. But this man got in my way.
没错,英子。但他妨碍我了。
My sword!
我的剑!
-Hiro: My sword!
我的剑!
-Yaeko: It’s my father’s sward. He forgot it. He gave this to you as payment for your protection.
这是我爸爸铸的剑。他忘记了。他把这给你是为了报答你保护我们。
-Hiro: She's the Swordsmith's daughter?
她是铁匠的女儿?
-Takezo Kensei: And I don't think she wants to be my princess.
我估计她不想当我的公主。
[Speaking Japanese]
-Hiro: Wait! Swordsmith's daughter. Where will you go?
等等!铁匠的女儿。你要去哪?
-Yaeko: Someone must rescue my father. If kensei will not …I will!
总要有人救我爸爸。如果剑圣不去...我就自己上!
-Hiro: Wait! Don't leave!
等等!别走啊!
-Takezo Kensei: No?
不走?
-Hiro: No. You have to rescue the Swordsmith and make the daughter fall in love with you.
rescue: 营救,救援,使免遭损失 fall in love with: 爱上
嗯。你要拯救铁匠,让他女儿爱上你。
-Takezo Kensei: Uh-Huh.
呃。
-Hiro: You have to become the legendary Japanese hero that you are destined to be.
legendary: 传奇的 destined: 命中注定的
你要做日本传说中的英雄,你能做到的。
You have to fight black bear. You have to fight the 11…Oh!
你要打败黑熊。你还必须打败11个…哦!
-Takezo Kensei: The only thing Ii have to do is find me a drink.
我现在需要做的就是喝一杯。
Come on.
来吧。
[Muttering in Japanese]
-Hiro: This is going to be rough.
mutter: 轻声低语,咕哝地抱怨
这可不好办啊。
-Bennet: 86 straight days of sunshine. You just can't beat that. Right, Lyle?
straight: 连续的,不间断的 sunshine: 阳光,日光,晴天 beat: 打败
86个大晴天。真是不容易。对吗,Lyle?
-Lyle: I don't know. I guess.
guess: 想,以为,猜
我不知道。也许是吧。
-Sandra: So, Claire, Lyle was saying that his first day of school was uneventful. How about you? Anything special happen?
eventful: 变故多的,重要的,多事的 uneventful: 平淡的
那么...Claire,Lyle说他开学第一天平淡无奇。那你呢?有没有什么特别的事?
-Claire: No. No, nothing. I, uh, skated by unnoticed. It was like I wasn't even there.
skated: unnoticed: 不被注意的
没有。没有事情。什么都没有。没人注意到我。就像我根本不存在一样。
-Bennet: That's good, honey.
这样不错,宝贝。
-Sandra: And how about you, sweetheart?
那你呢,亲爱的?
-Bennet: Me?
我?
-Sandra: Anything interesting happen today at copy kingdom?
copy: 复制,影印 kingdom: 王国
今天在“影印王国”公司有没有什么有趣的?
-Bennet: I, uh, I made a calendar for some grandparents. And a coworker brought in donuts.
calendar: 日历 grandparent: 爷爷奶奶 coworker: 同事 bring in: 把…拿进来,带进来 donut: 油炸圈饼,圆环图
我给一些老年人做了日历。还有一个同事带来了甜甜圈。
-Claire: That's great.
挺不错的。
-Sandra: I just think it's amazing how well we have all adjusted to our new lives here. It's inspirational, really.
amazing: 令人惊异的 adjust to: 调整,调节 inspirational: 鼓舞人心的,启发灵感的
我们能这么快适应新环境真是不错。很振奋人心。
The Bennets were given lemons and what did we make?
lemon: 柠檬
生活给了我们柠檬,我们要做成什么?
-Claire: Uh, lemonade?
lemonade: 柠檬水
柠檬水?
-Sandra: Exactly.
exactly: 确切的,正确的
完全正确。
-Bennet: I'll second that.
second: 支持;赞成某提案
我赞成。
-Sandra: We're all flourishing really, all except Mr. Muggles.
flourish: 茂盛,繁荣,兴旺发达 except: 除…外
我们都活力十足,除了Muggles。
No one has any idea you won two regional championships, five all-breed rallies. Poor little guy.
regional: 地区的,区域的 championship: 冠军的地位,锦标赛,冠军赛 breed: 种,品种 rally: 集会,(群众)大会,比赛
没人知道你赢过两次地区狗锦赛冠军,五次全犬种比赛冠军。可怜的小家伙。
I mean, how do you go back to the farm after you have seen gay Paris? N'est-Ce pas? Mais oui. Thank you.
go back to: 回去 farm: 农田,农场,饲养场
你见过这么大场面,怎么还肯回家?对吗?是的。谢谢。
[Cell phone ringing]
-Bennet: Oh. Must be work. 'Scuse me. 'Scuse me.
哦。一定是公事。不好意思。抱歉。
-Bennet: Well?
喂?
-Suresh: They finally took the bait. They caught up with me in Cairo. I'm in.
bait: (钓鱼等用的)饵,诱饵 catch up with: 追上,赶上
他们最终上钩了。他们在开罗抓到我了。我进来了。
-Bennet: Good. It's all falling into place. Just... Just stay careful. Watch your back. And you and I will bring this whole company down.
fall into place: 变得有条不紊,开始有头绪 stay: 保持,继续是 watch: 注意,当心 bring down: 击败…
很好。都按计划发展。不过...注意点。小心行事。我们会把整个公司扳倒。
-Alejandro: No.
不。
[Woman crying]
Maya.
Maya。
[Speaking Spanish]
-Maya: What did I do? I don’t want to do it.
我干了什么...干了什么?我不想这么做。
-Alejandro: I know you didn’t. Don’t worry.
我知道你不想。别担心。
-Maya: God! My god, what have I done?
天哪...天哪,我干了什么?
-Alejandro: Maya We have to go. We have to get to the Unit States. To New York. The doctor is the only one who can help you.
Maya。我们得离开。得去美国。去纽约。那医生是唯一能救你的人。
Come …Maya, listen to me. Give me your hand, let’s go.
来…Maya,听我说。把手给我,我们走。
-Maya: And the others?
其他人怎么办?
-Alejandro: We have to be somewhere safety. And that’s where we will burry them. Let’s go.
我们去个安全的地方。去那里把他们埋了。我们走。
-Nathan: Why are you calling me?
为什么给我打电话?
-Claire: I don't know. I'm not sure.
不知道。我不确定。
-Nathan: Well, don't do it again. I gotta go.
别再打了。我得走了。
-Claire: No, wait. Listen, I know why you're doing this. I get it. I miss him too. I just...I need someone to talk to.
miss: 想念,惦记 talk to: 同(某人)谈话
不,等等。我知道你为什么这么做。我明白。我也想念他。我只是... 想找个人说话。
I don't know if I can do this anymore.
我不知道还能不能这么做。
-Nathan: Do what?
做什么?
-Claire: Not be who I really am. And I know that I…I can't be who they want me to be. And I just feel like I’m gonna burst.
feel like: 有…的感觉 burst: 爆炸,爆裂
隐藏真实的自己。但我知道,我没法成为他们希望的那种人。我觉得自己快崩溃了。
-Nathan: Look, I know you're looking for answers. We all are. But trust me, I am not the guy... to give 'em to you. I'm sorry.
look for: 寻找 answer: 答案 trust: 信任,相信
我知道你在找答案。我们都在找。但相信我,我不是...那个给你答案的人。对不起。
-Kaito: Ando.
安藤。
All of them, I never expected it would be you.
expect: 期望,期待,期盼
所有人之中,我绝不曾想到那个人会是你。
[Speaking Japanese]
-Ando: Sir, I have it.
先生... 我拿到了。
Hey! Kaito!
嘿!Kaito!
Sir!Sir!
先生!先生!
(科克爱尔兰)
(Thunder clap)
-Man: What are you trying to do? Kill the poor bastard?
bastard: 坏蛋,混蛋,私生子
你要干吗?杀了他?
-Man1: Sorry.
对不起。
-Man: Drag him someplace where he'll stay dry. And make sure he's breathing, for the love of Pete.
drag: 拖,拉,拽 someplace: 某地 stay: 继续处于某种状态 dry: 干的,干燥的,无雨的 make sure: 确定,保证 breath: 气息,呼吸 Pete: <美俚> 保险箱,银箱
看在钱的份上,把他拖到干点儿的地方。别让他死了。
-Man2: Right you are, boss.
遵命,老大。
-Man: We're looking for 9-1-0-9. The numbers are on the side here. Supposed to be the third row back.
look for: 寻找(某人或某物) side: 面,侧面,边 row: 一排,一行 back: 后边的,背后的
我们要找的是9-1-0-9。货箱号在侧面。应该在后面的第三排。
-Man1: Hey, boss! Over there!
over there: 那里
老大!在那儿!
-Man2: Hey, I figured I’d keep a case for myself.
figure: 认为,料想
我以为能独吞这箱货。
-Man1: What are you gonna do with a dozen ipods? You can barely use a computer.
a dozen: 一打
你要这么多ipod干吗?你都不会用电脑。
-Man2: Ah, what do you know?
barely: 几乎不
你怎么知道?
-Man: What the hell?
见鬼?
-Man2: Maybe we got the wrong number.
也许号码搞错了。
-Man1: No, the number's right. Something else is wrong.
something else: 别的东西 wrong: 不确实的,不正确的,错误的
不,号码没错。别的出问题了。
-Man2: What's that?
那是什么?
-Man: What the hell are you doing here? Where are the ipods?
你在这儿干吗?ipod在哪里?
-Man1: You heard the man. How'd you get in here? Maybe this will jog your memory.
jog sb’s memory: 唤起某人的记忆,提醒某人
听见没老兄。你怎么进来的?也许这个能帮你记起来。
-Man2: What the hell was that?
怎么回事?
-Man: Who the hell are you?
你到底是谁?
I said, "Who are you?" What's your name?
我问你,你是谁?叫什么名字?
-Peter: I don't know. I don't know.
我不知道。我不知道。
词汇解析:Juddy 校对:Daisy
提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)



评 论


