看英雄学英语第三季13集:Dual
Previously on Heroes...
previously: 以前,预先
前情提要
-Kaito: What are you doing here? You should be in the kitchen. Aren't you the new chef?
kitchen: 厨房 chef: 厨师长,厨师
你在这里做什么?你应该在厨房里干活。你不是新来的厨师吗?
-Hiro: Give me the catalyst, Mother.
catalyst: 催化剂
妈妈,请把催化剂交给我。
-Authur: I'll take the catalyst and your powers too, Hiro.
Hiro,我要把催化剂和你的超能力一起拿走。
-Ando: It's very important that we find our friend Hiro Nakamura, look.
我们要找一个朋友Hiro,这非常重要,看。
-Matt: See...this may not make any sense, but we can't find him, unless we get that package.
make sense: 讲得通,有意义,言之有理 package: 包裹
听着,这可能不合乎常理,但是我们找不到他了,除非我们得到那个包裹。
I can't believe this. Hiro's stuck in time 16 years ago and no powers.
stuck: 不能动的,被卡住的
真不敢相信。Hiro身陷在16年前,而且没有超能力了。
-Authur: The catalyst is within me.
催化剂现在到我手上了。
-Mohinder: Place your hands on the vat and focus your energy.
vat: 大桶 focus: 集中
请把手放在这个装置上,集中能量。
In theory, you should cause a chemical reaction at the molecular level.
chemical:化学的 reaction: 反应 molecular: 分子 level: 水平,水准
理论上讲,你应该会激发一种分子层的化学反应。
-Nathan: Sergeant, I want you to know exactly what it is you've signed up for.
sergeant: 警官 exactly: 精确地 signed up: 签约雇用,签约参加
警官,我想让你明白,
你签署的这个合同意味着什么。
This drug is gonna change your life in ways you can't possibly imagine.
gonna: going to imagine: 想象
这种药物将会以你意想不到的方式改变你的一生。
-Sylar: Are you really my mother?
你真是我妈妈?
-Bennett:They're not your parents.
他们不是你的生身父母。
-Authur: I'm your father.
我是你父亲。
-Sylar: No, you're not.
不,你不是。
You're not a killer, Peter. I am.
你不是杀手,彼特,我才是。
-Aside: On the sixth day, God created Doyle in his own image. And now it's up to us to figure it all out.
up to: 取决于 figure out: 想出,理解 figure: 计算
在第60天的时候,上帝凭自己的想象创造了人类。现在轮到我们全力以赴去演绎。
Right...Wrong... Good... Evil... In each of us is the capacity to decide what drives our actions.
evil: 邪恶的,坏的 capacity: 能力 drive: 驱使,推动 action: 行动
或对…或错…或者善良…或者邪恶...每一个人都有能力决定驱使我们行动的目的。
So what is it, then, that makes some choose selflessness, the need to devote themselves to something greater,
selflessness: 无私 devote to: 将…奉献给,把…用于,把…献于
于是 有些人选择了无私,他们致力于开创大事业的需求中,
while others know only self-interest, Isolating themselves in a world of their own making?
self-interest: 自私自利 isolate: 隔离
而有些人却自私自利,把自我封闭在孤立无援的世界?
Some seek only love, even if unrequited, while others are driven by fear and betrayal.
requite: 回报 fear: 害怕,恐惧 betrayal: 背叛
有人只追寻爱,即便没有回报,有些人却被恐惧和背叛驱使着。
There are those who see their choices as dark proof of god's absence, while others follow a path of noble destiny.
absence: 证据 follow: 跟随,沿行 path: 小路,小径 noble: 高尚的 destiny: 命运
他们的选择看起来就像是上帝离开的黑暗证据,而有些人在崇高的命运之路上追寻。
But in the end, good, evil, right, or wrong...What we choose is never what we really need.
evil: 邪恶
但最终,或善或恶,或对或错,我们选择的永远不是我们所需。
For that is the ultimate cosmic joke, the real gift that god has left behind.
ultimate: 最终的 cosmic: 无比巨大的 left behind: 遗留,留下
这才正是最终令人耻笑的,上帝给我们的真正赏赐还在后面。
-Nathan: Oh, Peter. Ya did it.
ya: you
Peter。是你做的。
-Peter: I tried. It was Sylar.
我尽力了。是Sylar。
-Nathan: Sylar, huh?
Sylar吗?
-Peter: There was no other way for this to end, Nathan. And that formula has to be destroyed.
formula: 公式 destroy: 摧毁
为了结束这一切,我们别无他选,Nathan。而且我们必须毁了分子式。
-Nathan: It's too late, peter. There's a dozen marines being injected right now. The formula works.
dozen: (一)打 marines: 海军 injected: 注射
来不及了,Peter。现在一大批海军都在被注射。分子式起作用了。
-Peter: Look, I know that you think you're doing something good here, but you're not.
我知道你觉得,你做的事很正确,可你错了。
-Nathan: Are you sure of that?
你肯定吗?
-Peter: Following dad's insane plan? I'm going to stop it.
insane: 疯狂的
你要听从爸的疯狂计划吗?我要阻止这一切。
-Nathan: It's not dad's plan anymore, Peter. It's ours.
我已经不是爸的棋子,Peter。它是我们的。
-Peter: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Nathan: The plan.It's ours. All of us making the world a better place. Don't tell me you're gonna try and get in the way of that.
get in the way: 阻碍,妨碍
这计划。是我们的。我们所有人让世界变得安宁。别告诉我你想碍事。
-Peter: You sound just like him.
你的话听起来和他一样荒唐。
-Nathan: I know. I can't help but wonder how long it's gonna be before it's me lying here.
can’t help: 禁不住,不得不 wonder: 想知道
我知道。我忍不住想还得要多久就该我躺在这里了。
Remember what happened the last time you had a gun in your hand? I am gonna finish what he started.
finish: 完成,结束 start: 开始
还记得你最后一次拿枪时发生了什么?我要结束他的事情。
-Nathan: I'm not gonna let you do that. Eventually, you're gonna have to choose a side. Now, either you're with me...Peter.
eventually: 最后
我不会让你去做的。你最后还是得做个选择。现在,你跟我一起。Peter。
-Peter: I'm sorry. But you're wrong.
对不起。但是你错了。
-Bennett: The formula's complete. Peter's gonna need help at Pinehearst. It's up to us to finish this.
complete: 完成 up to: 取决于
分子式已经搞定了。Peter在派赫斯特公司需要帮助。结束这一切的关键取决于我们。
-Sylar: Arthur Petrelli is dead. No need to go to Pinehearst now.
Arthur已经死了。现在没必要去派赫斯特了。
-Claire: Sylar?
Sylar?
-Sylar: Don't worry, Claire. Peter couldn't do it, so I did. Just like mommy wanted.
别担心,Claire。Peter不会那么做,我也一样。就像妈妈想的那样。
I know I repulse you...terrify you. You see me as a monster... And yet... you did this to me.
repulse: 击退 terrify: 使害怕 monster: 怪物
我知道我拒绝了你…吓着了你。你觉得我是个魔鬼。然后,是你对我做了这些。
And before the night is over, I'm going to prove to you…one by one...that you're all monsters... exactly like me.
在天明之前,我将证明给你看…一个接一个地…证明你们都是魔鬼…跟我一样。
-Noah: I know where he has to be. Broadcasting from.
broadcast:: 广播
我知道他在哪里。从广播里听到的。Pump after each one. Keep Angela safe at all costs.
Claire, you get six shots.
pump: 打气,开枪 at all cost: 不惜任何代价,无论如何
Claire,你身上有六处枪伤。开枪后拉一次栓。要不惜一切代价保护Angela。
-Sylar: Think about it. Manipulative grandmother, neglectful father, a mother who abandons her own daughter? All villains, really.
manipulative: 爱指使人的 neglectful: 疏忽的,不注意的 abandon: 遗弃 villain: 混蛋
想想看。爱指使人的祖母。漠不关心的父亲。一个遗弃自己女儿的母亲?都是混蛋。
-Noah: Meredith, you're with me.
Meredith,你跟我一起。
-Angela: I really don't think you can stop Sylar.
我真的没有信心能阻止Sylar。
-Claire: Yeah. I do. Sylar's got my healing ability. There's a spot back here. Jab something in, it cuts off my brain, shuts me down.
spot: 点 jab: 戳,刺 cut off: 切断 shut down: 关闭,降临
不,我认为行。Sylar同样有我的自愈能力。在这后面有个点。只有在这戳进去,切断我的脑袋。才能让我停下来。
-Sylar: And Claire... You and I, we're more alike than any of them. We can't be damaged.
damage: 损害
Claire...你跟我,我们比任何人都要相似。我们是不死之身。
I mean... except for a broken heart. And that's what parents give us, isn't it?
我是说...除了一颗破碎的心。而这就是父母所给予我们的,不是吗?
-Claire: We're nothing alike, you sick bastard!
sick: 恶心的 bastard: 混蛋
我们毫无共同之处,你这恶心的混蛋!
-Sylar: I'm going to enjoy proving to you just how wrong you are.
我将很高兴地向你证明你错得有多离谱。
You're not hunting me, Noah. I'm hunting you.
hunt: 追捕,狩猎
Noah,现在不是你捕猎我。而是我捕猎你。
-Hiro: Pigeon. Help me. I lost the formula. I failed my father. I lost my destiny. And now I'm talking to a pigeon.
pigeon: 鸽子 formula: 公式 destiny: 命运,使命
鸽子啊。帮帮我。我弄丢了分子式。我让父亲失望了。也不知何去何从。现在的我竟然在跟一只鸽子说话。
-Ando: Hiro's stuck in time. It's up to me to rescue him.
rescue: 营救
Hiro被困在时空里了。这次轮到我去救他了。
-Matt: Hiro doesn't even have his abilities. How much trouble can he get into?
get into: 进入,陷入,卷入
Hiro甚至没有他的超能力。他该有多危险啊?
-Daphne: Well, anything he does in the past could change the present, like if he died... What?
他在过去所做的任何事情将改变现在,比如万一他死了...怎么?
-Matt: Mohinder!
Mohinder!
-Daphne: Wow. They really cleaned this place up.
clean up: 收拾干净,扫除,清除
他们把这地方打扫得真干净。
-Ando: Dr. Suresh!
Suresh博士!
Where is he? You said he'd be here and we could get the formula.
他在哪?你会他在这,我们便可以拿到分子式。
-Matt: No, I said I thought he'd be here.
不,我说我以为他会在这。
-Ando: The only way to save Hiro is for me to become a time traveler. You can only read minds. She can only run fast.
traveler: 旅行者
唯一能就Hiro的方法是我变成一个时空旅者。你只能阅读思想。她只能跑的快。
-Daphne: Really, really fast.
非常,非常快。
If Suresh isn't here, he's probably in his lab.
probably: 可能地
如果Suresh不在这,那很可能在他的实验室里。
-Matt: At Pinehearst? Too dangerous.
dangerous: 危险的
Pinehearst公司?太冒险了。
-Daphne: Someone has to get him.
必须有个人去找他。
-Matt: No.
不。
-Ando: She is really, really fast.
她真的非常,非常快。
-Matt: Yeah.
是啊。
-Mohinder: I've run out of time. The infection has spread to my lungs. By giving myself abilities, I've signed my own death certificate.
run out of: 用完,耗尽 infection: 感染 lung: 肺 certificate: 证明
我快没时间了。我的肺部已经被感染了。在给予自己超能力的同时,等于给自己签了死亡证明。
My hope is that by injecting myself with the formula. It'll be the cure.
inject: 注射 cure: 治疗法,治愈
只有用分子式注射我自己,才能有一线生机。它会治好我。
-Peter: Suresh, put it down. It's a weapon.We need to get rid of all of it.
weapon: 武器 get rid of: 摆脱,除去
Suresh,放下它。它是个凶器。我们必须把它们全都毁掉。
-Mohinder: My life depends on this!
depend on: 依靠,依赖
我的生命就靠它了!
Do you remember when we first met...how you tried to convince me that people with abilities actually existed?
convince: 说服 actually: 事实上,其实 exist: 存在
你还记得我们第一次见面时...你是怎样试着说服我要我相信超能力人的存在?
-Peter: And you didn't believe me.
你当时没相信我。
-Mohinder: Exactly.
确实。
But once I saw for myself... what it means to be special, powerful... I coveted what you had. So much so that I tried to recreate it.
special: 特别的 powerful: 强有力的,强大的 covet: 觊觎,渴望 recreate: 重新创造
但当我亲眼看到...它让人有多么特别,多么强大...我垂涎你所拥有的。太想要了,所以我才再造了它。
-Peter: So was it worth it? It's turned you into a monster.
turn into: 变成 monster: 怪物,恶人
值得吗?它把你变成了一个怪物。
-Mohinder: That's why I need this formula. This inject…
formula: 公式 inject: 注射
这就是为什么我需要这个分子式。这支注射…
What did you do? Where the hell is it?
the hell: 到底,究竟
你做了什么?它哪去了?
-Flint: Time for a little payback, doc! You move, I'll burn your face off.
payback: 投资回收率 burn off: 烧掉,燃尽
是时候让你付出点代价了,博士!动一下,我就烧掉你的脸。
-Peter: Stop...stop!
别...别!
-Konx:Hold up. Wanna trash this place? So do we.
hold up: 举起,支持住 trash: 捣毁
举起手来。想捣毁这这地方吗?我们也想。
-Peter: Why would you help me?
你们为什么要帮我?
-Flint: They make this formula stuff... And we aren't so special no more.
stuff: 材料
他们做的这些分子式的东西...将会让我们不再特别。
-Mohinder: If you're looking to allying yourself with Peter, with your brother in charge, think of all the good we can do.
ally with: 与…结盟 in charge: 负责,在…的看管下
如果你想为自己找个同盟,并且让你哥哥领导,考虑下我们所能做的事情。
-Peter: Nathan's not in charge anymore.
charge: 管理
Nathan不再领导我们。
-Doyle: Sir.
先生。
-Nathan: How Doyley marines have been injected?
有多少海军接受了注射?
-Man: Just me. When you didn't return to the lab, Miss Strauss became concerned.
return: 返回,归还,报答 concern: 担心
只有我。当你没出现在实验室时,斯特劳斯小姐开始担心。
-Nathan: Peter...is gonna ruin everything. He's gotta be stopped.
ruin: 毁灭
Peter...会破坏这一切。要阻止他。
-Man: Consider it done, sir. I'll bring him to...
consider it done: 包在我身上
那就下命令吧,先生。我会把他…
-Konx: I'm gonna wait until your brother's. Gotten rid of all the formula.
我会等在这里直到你弟弟。把所有关于分子式的东西都破坏掉。
-Nathan: You're working for Peter?
你在为Peter工作?
-Konx: Yeah. He's one of the good guys now.
是的。他现在是个好人。
-Matt: Did you find Suresh?
你找到Suresh了吗?
-Daphne: Yep. Took this right out of his hand. One dose.
当然。就从他的手中拿到这个。一剂。
-Ando: Formula!
分子式!
-Matt: No, no, no, no! You guys realize how insane this is, right?
realize: 意识到 insane: 疯狂的,精神错乱的
不,不,不,不!你们知道这有多疯狂吗?
Look, just because you wanna be a time traveler, does not mean that's the ability you're gonna get.
听着,只因为你想成为一个时空旅者,也并不意味着你就能得到这种能力。
Think about it, what if that thing makes you glow in the dark or grow a second head?
你想想,万一它把你变成在黑暗里发光或者长出第二个头,怎么办?
-Daphne: Matt.
Matt。
-Matt: what?
你说什么?
-Daphne: You were always worried about what people thought about you.
你总是担心别人会怎么想你。
And now you can read minds. I wanted to run. Look what happened.
现在你便能阅读思想了。而我想跑。看看又发生了什么。
-Matt: Okay, but it also turned Suresh into a freak.
freak: 怪物
好吧,但它同样使Suresh变成了一个怪物。
-Ando: Haven't you ever had faith in something? Even though everyone else said not to?
faith: 信念
你就不曾试过对某些东西怀有信念吗?即是别人都说它不行?
-Matt: Yeah, I have.
是的,我有过。
-Hiro: Ya-ta! Hello?
我做到了!有人吗?
-Hiro: Are you alright, Hiro?
Hiro,你还好吗?
-Young Hiro: I miss my mommy, chef. Why are you so sad?
chef: 厨师
大厨,我很想我妈妈。你怎么那么难过?
-Hiro: My father gave me a simple task and I could not do it.
simple: 简单的 task: 任务
我没完成父亲给我的简单任务。
-Young Hiro: My mom would say if you can fix it today, you won't have to worry about it tomorrow.
我妈妈会说如果今天能挽回,那么你明天就不会再担心。
-Hiro: Today. Hiro, I need your help. Your father has a... a piece of paper with numbers and figures. I must find it.
figure: 图形轮廓
今天。Hiro,我需要你的帮助。你父亲有一个...一张纸,上面有图形和数字。我必须找到它。
-Young Hiro: You're going to get me in trouble.
get in trouble: 惹上麻烦,陷入困境
你会让我惹大麻烦的。
-Hiro: Think about what your mother would say. Hiro, you can save tomorrow.
想想你妈妈说的。Hiro,你能拯救未来。
-Claire: It's dead.
不能用。
-Angela: Doesn't surprise you, does it? He's put us all on lockdown.
lockdown: <美>(对囚犯的)一级防范禁闭
在你意料之中,是吗?他把我们隔离起来了。
You're only giving him what he wants. A child starved for attention throws a temper tantrum.
starve: 挨饿 temper : 脾气 tantrum: 勃然大怒
只有你才能给他想要的。像一个孩子大发脾气,要的只是想被关注。
-Claire: Well, I'd like to give him a good spanking.
spank: 拍打(在屁股上)
那我得好好打打他的屁股。
-Sylar: There is a way to stop this, Claire.
你有一条路可以走,Claire。
You wanna be a company agent, hunt down bad guys. That means making hard choices just like your daddy.
agent: 特工 hunt down: 捕获,追捕直至抓获
你想成为公司的特工,抓坏蛋。那意味着就像你父亲一样做艰难的决定。
And let's face it--You are just like your daddy.
让我们看看——你就和你的父亲一样。
Okay, I will allow dad, you, and bio-mom to walk out of here right now, alive, to live happily ever after.
allow: 允许,准许 bio: 生命,生物(biological的缩写)
好吧,我可以马上放你和你父亲还有你的亲生母亲出去,活着出去,去过幸福生活。
All you've gotta do is to take your shotgun, hold it up to Angela's head, and pull the trigger.
shotgun: 猎枪 hold up: 举起,支持住 trigger: 扳机
只需要你把枪对着,Angela的脑袋,然后扣下扳机。
Is she even worth protecting? She wanted to blow up New York City, murdered her husband. Oh, okay...tried.
worth: 值得 blow up: 爆炸 murder: 谋杀
她还值得被保护吗?她想炸毁纽约,谋杀她的丈夫。好吧…未遂。
And most importantly, lied to me, made me believe I had a mother and a family, and then took it all away.
take away: 拿走
最可恨的是,她欺骗我,让我相信我有一个母亲和家庭,然后又残忍地夺走。
But if you're dead set on keeping her alive, you could always just give me daddy.
be dead set on: 坚决,决计
但是如果你为保护她而死,那你不就是白白送我一个"父亲"吗。
-Claire: Why are you doing this?
你为什么要这么做?
-Sylar: You should ask your dad sometime. About what he and Elle did to me.
你该空了问下你的父亲。关于他和Elle对我做的。
I could have been a nobody... instead of the monster I became.
instead of: 代替
我本可以一直隐姓埋名...而不是当一个恶魔。
And now Elle's dead... And very soon your father may be too. It's your choice or fault. All you gotta do is to get rid of Angela.
get rid of: 摆脱,除去 fault: 过失,缺点
现在,Elle死了...很快,你父亲的下场也一样。这都取决于你的选择。你只需要除掉Angela。
-Claire: You hurt him... and I swear I'll hunt you down and kill you!
swear: 发誓 hunt down: 捕获,追捕直至抓获
你只要敢动他一根毫毛...我发誓我会抓到你,杀了你!
-Sylar: From cheerleader to stone cold killer. Who's the monster now?
stone cold: 完全冷了的,冷血的
从拉拉队长变成冷血杀手。现在谁是恶魔了?
-Claire: You are.
你才是。
-Meredith: Are you crazy?
你疯了吗?
-Noah: We need help.
我们需要帮手。
-Meredith: Yeah, but these guys, they wanna kill us as much as Sylar does.
但,这些人,他们和Sylar一样想杀我们。
-Doyle: Hello, Meredith. I knew we'd be together again. I just...didn't think it would be so soon.
你好,Meredith。我早知道我们会重逢。我只是...觉得太快了。
-Noah: Make this quick. Sylar's in the building. One of you guys brings me his head, you get your freedom.
freedom: 自由
搞快点。Sylar在大楼里。你们谁能拿回他的头,我就放他走。
-Doyle: And....what's to keep us from escaping the second you turn around?
escape: 逃跑 turn around: 转身,转变,逆转
那么…我们怎么能逃得出,你翻脸后的再次追捕呢?
-Noah: Sylar. We're all locked in here with him. Now get moving.
Sylar。他把所有人都锁在里面了。现在,动起来。
-Meredith: They don't stand a chance.
stand a chance: 有希望,很可能
我对他们不报希望。
-Noah: Think about it, Meredith. What do you need to catch a shark?
shark: 鲨鱼
想想吧,Meredith。捕鲨鱼需要什么?
-Meredith: They're bait?
bait: 诱饵
他们是你的诱饵?
-Mohinder: You do know that the formula's highly combustible?
highly: 高度地,非常 combustible: 易燃的
你知道分子式是易燃的吗?
-Flint: So what? I can't be burned.
burn: 燃烧
那又怎样?我不怕烧。
-Mohinder: What about Peter? Are you willing to sacrifice him as well?
sacrifice: 牺牲
那Peter呢?你愿意牺牲他吗?
These are your accomplices, Peter…Thugs, killers! What does that make you?
accomplice: 共犯twice: 两部
这就是你的同伴吗,Peter...暴徒,杀人犯!这样你成了什么了?
-Peter: You didn't have to do that!
你没必要这样做!
-Flint: What? Now this'll go twice as fast.
twice: 两部
什么?没他做起来轻松多了。
-Ando: What…what happened? Do I have abilities?
什么…发生什么了?我有超能力了吗?
-Daphne: So far all we know is that you can pass out really well.
pass out: 昏倒,失去知觉
目前我们只知道你会像这样晕倒。
-Ando: Was it all for nothing?
for nothing: 免费,徒然
怎么会毫无反应?
-Matt: Give it a try. Come on.
试试看。来吧。
-Ando: I'm the master of time and space.
master: 大师,名家,专家
我是时空旅者。
-Matt: That's good.
很好。
-Ando: I am the master...of time and space. I'm the master of…
我是...时空旅者。我是时空...
-Daphne: Do like Hiro does when he scrunches his eyes together.
scrunches: 压碎(闭眼)
照Hiro那样做看看,使劲闭着眼。
-Ando: Right. Good idea.
对。好办法。
-Matt: Yeah, but scrunch gently.You don't wanna jump back to the stone age.
gently: 温和地
但要稍微轻点。你肯定不想回到石器时代。
-Ando: Gentle. Yeah. Gentle scrunch.
轻一点。好。轻轻闭眼。
-Matt: Ah, maybe too gently.
可能太轻了。
-Daphne: Kick it up a notch.
notch: Ⅴ字形刻良
弄点皱纹出来。
-Ando: We're never going to save Hiro! What was that?
我们怎么去救Hiro啊!这是怎么回事?
-Matt: I...don't know. But...that sure wasn't time travel.
我...不知道。但…肯定不是时间旅行。
-Sylar: They say adrenaline can kick-start a dead heart.
adrenaline: 肾上腺素 kick start: 脚踏起动
听说肾上腺素能让心脏复苏。
-Doyle: Meredith's mine. Mine to love. Mine to kill.
Meredith属于我。为我所爱。为我所杀
-Sylar: You really think you...can control me?
control: 控制
你真的以为你,能控制我?
One more thing to do...
还有一件事要做...
-Noah: What the hell? What happened?
该死?发生什么了事?
-Meredith:Get away! Oh! I can't control my fire.
get away: 逃脱,离开
闪开!我的火焰失控了。
-Noah: Did Sylar do this?
是Sylar做的吗?
-Meredith: Yeah. He pumped me with adrenaline. I can't hold it back. You gotta go!
pump: 抽水,打气 hold back: 阻止,抑制
恩。他给我注射了肾上腺素。我控制不了,你得离开这里!
-Sylar: It's bulletproof. Remember, Noah?
bulletproof: 防弹的,枪弹打不穿的 bullet: 子弹 proof: 能防…的
这是防弹的。记得吗,Noah?
At the rate she's going, you're gonna need that one bullet I left you. Shouldn't be too hard for you.
照她这样下去的话,我留给你的那颗子弹应该能派上用场。这对你来说应该不会很难。
Hey, let me ask you one thing.
问你个问题。
When this is all over, and Meredith's dead with a bullet right between her eyes, what lie are you gonna tell Claire?
这一些结束后,Meredith死了,子弹穿过她的大脑,你该怎样蒙骗Claire呢?
Your life or hers, Noah. You helped make me into who I am. I just wanted to return the favor.
favor: 好意,喜爱
你俩的性命,只能二选其一,Noah。你让我变成现在的我。我只想有所报答。
-Nathan: You know you've backed the wrong horse. Everybody roots for Peter, but in the end, he always winds up losing.
back the wrong horse: 下错赌注,支持失败的一方,看错人
其实你站错边了。每个人都支持Peter,可最后,他总是输掉。
-Konx: Uh-huh, that's why you're up here, and he's down there winning.
所以你现在在这里呆着,他却在下面胜利进军。
-Nathan: Define winning. All my brother ever doesis disappoint the people who believe in him.
define: 解释 disappoint: 失望
什么才是胜利。我弟弟所做的一切,就是让相信他的人失望。
-Konx: You really hate the guy.
你真的很讨厌他。
-Nathan: Feel sorry for him, actually.
其实是感觉很遗憾。
-Konx: Then why are you so afraid? You are worried he's gonna stop you?
那你为什么还这么害怕?你担心他会阻止你吗?
-Nathan: I'm not afraid of anybody.
我谁都不怕。
-Tracy: Miss me?
想我了吧?
-Matt: Oh! Watch it, watch it!
当心,当心!
-Daphne: -Could you stop doing that?
你能停下来吗?
-Ando: no, I can't!
不行,我办不到!
-Daphne: Try!
试试!
-Ando: I can't control it!
我控制不了!
-Matt: calm down…It's o…It's okay.
calm down: 平静下来
冷静下来...我没...没事。
-Daphne: What happened?
发生什么了?
-Matt: It was like an explosion in my head. I could hear every... thought from every person in the entire city.
explosion: 爆炸 entire: 全部的
感觉有点像思维大爆炸。我能听到城市里的每个人...所有思绪。
-Daphne: What did you do…
你做什么了...
-Ando: I didn't do any…Daphne!
我什么都没…Daphne!
-Ando: Aah! Matt! Matt!
Matt!Matt!
-Matt: It's okay. It's over.
我没事。结束了。
-Daphne: What happened?
发生什么了?
-Matt: It was like an explosion in my head. I could hear every... thought from every person in the entire city.
explosion: 爆炸 entire: 全部的
感觉有点像思维大爆炸。我能听到城市里的每个人...所有思绪。
-Daphne: What did you do…
你做什么了...
-Ando: I didn't do any…Daphne!
我什么都没…Daphne!
-Matt:Daphne. Daphne!
Daphne。Daphne!
-Matt: Where'd you just go?
你刚刚去哪里了?
-Daphne: I don't know. I was out there, but I was watching myself in here. And…and you were there... And you were there and...
我不知道。我…我刚刚在这里,可是我看见我自己在这里。然后,你在那里...你在那里...
Matt, I think I traveled back in time.
Matt,我想我是回到过去了。
-Ando:Back in time?
回到过去?
-Claire: We have to save them!
我们要去救他们?
-Angela: He only showed us thatbecause he wants us to go down there.
他给我们看这些是因为他想让我们去那里。
-Claire: I don't care.Now, come on.
无所谓。过来。
Where's Angela?
Angela在哪里?
-Sylar: Well, you wouldn't pick before so... I had to up the stakes. Save daddy... Or is it granny?
up the stake: 提高赌注 stake: 赌注 granny: 奶奶,外婆
你不先收手,害得我不得不增加赌注。救爸爸...还是救奶奶呢?
-Claire: Let me go!
放开我!
-Sylar: Why are you even pretending?We both know you're going after your dad.
pretend: 假装
你为什么还要装模作样?我们都知道你是老爸的跟屁虫。
Even after all the lies he's told you, how he's neglected you. What does that say about you, Claire?
neglected: 忽视
甚至在他告诉你所有谎言之后,他多么忽视你。你对此有什么看法呢,Claire?
That's the thing about the truth, Claire. Stings like a bitch.
sting: 刺
那才是事实,Claire。像个混蛋一样去伤害别人吧。
-Claire: Dad!
爸爸!
-Noah: Go to the keypad. Punch in 29297.
keypad: 钥匙开关
找到开关。密码是29297。
-Claire:Sylar ripped it out. There have got to be another way.
Sylar把开关拔了。一定会有其他办法的。
-Meredith: I don't know how much longer I can hold on, Noah.
我不知道我还能坚持多久,Noah。
-Noah: All right, Meredith... I need you to take as much heat as you can in your hands. Press your palms to the glass.
palm: 手掌
好吧,Meredith...我需要你,用你手掌最高的温度。按住玻璃。
-Noah: Okay, good, now back away from the glass! Claire, you do the same. Move back.
好,很好,现在远离玻璃!Claire,你也一样,退后。
-Meredith: Oh, god! It didn't work.
天呐,失败了。
-Claire: Stay back, both of you!
你们两个,退后!
-Meredith: Claire!
Claire!
-Claire: Come with me.
跟我走。
-Meredith: Just give me a minute. Go now. Stop Sylar.
让我再呆一会儿。现在走。阻止Sylar。
-Claire: I'm coming back for you.
我会回来救你的。
-Tracy: I have got to get you out here.
我要带你离开这里。
-Nathan: We have got to stop Peter before he ruins everything.
ruin: 毁坏,破坏
我们要在Peter把每件事都破坏掉之前阻止他。
-Tracy: Nathan, this situation is still deniable.
deniable: 不允许的
Nathan 现在的情况不允许你这么做。
-Nathan: Deniable? Are you kidding me?
不允许吗?你开玩笑吧?
-Tracy: I can spin anything. But this is a disaster that you cannot be associated with.
disaster: 灾难 associate: 联合,联系
我能使扭转一切。但你不能和这个灾难有任何联系。
Look, the document with the formula's all we need. We find it...we can start over. New game...our rules.
document: 文件 rule: 规则
听着,我们需要那个公式。如果我们找到了...我们就可以重新再来。新一轮的游戏…我们来定规则。
-Nathan: I can't run away, Tracy.
我不能临阵脱逃,Tracy。
-Tracy: It's not running away. I'm being a realist. That's why you hired me.
realist: 现实主义者 hire: 雇佣
这不是临阵脱逃,我是个现实主义者。这也是你雇佣我的原因。
-Nathan: Then you're fired.
fire: 解雇
那你被解雇了。
-Daphne: I don't understand. How can I travel through time?
我不明白。我是怎么能穿梭时空的?
-Matt: Because...he zapped me, and I was able to hear thoughts a thousand times louder, right?
因为…他打我,我听到的声音比平时响一千倍,对吧?
And then you zapped Daphne, and she could travel a thousand times faster.
zap: 击溃
然后你打Daphne,她就能够比平时快一千倍的移动。
Your power is like a super-charger.
charger: 电压器
你的超能力就像是增压器。
-Daphne: Going faster wouldn't mean I can time travel. I mean...would it?
更快速的移动并不代表我可以时间旅行。我的意思是…会这样吗?
-Matt: According to Einstein, yeah.
according to: 根据
按照爱因斯坦的理论,是可以的。
-Ando: The space-time continuum!
continuum: 连续
空间时间关系!
-Matt: Theory of relativity. If you can travel faster than the speed of light, then you can actually move through time.
relativity: 相对论
相对论。如果你的移动速度高于光速,你就可以在时空中穿梭。
-Daphne: How do you know so much about Einstein, Einstein?
你怎么知道爱因斯坦的理论,小爱因斯坦?
-Matt: I actually paid attention in high school...mostly.
我高中的时候很努力...大部分时间。
-Ando: So if I can super-charge other people's powers, that means I have an ability! Yes! ya-ta!
所以如果说我能增强其他人的超能力,就是说我有超能力了!太好了!
-Daphne: If you keep zapping me with super-charge and I keep running. Maybe we can go back 16 years.
zap: 充电
如果你不断给我注入超能量,我则一直跑。或许我们可以回到16年前。
-Matt: Okay, no, wait, wait, wait.
好了,不是,等等。
Come on, what if you can't control your speed? Or…or you end up in the dark ages? What if this guy runs out of juice?
end up: 结束,告终 dark ages: 黑暗年代,黑暗世纪 run out of: 耗尽,用完 juice: 汁,液
如果你不能控制你的速度怎么办?或者你在黑暗时期停下来怎么办?如果这个人跑的虚脱了怎么办?
-Daphne: We'll be back before you know it.
我们会在你弄清楚之前回来的。
-Kaito: What are you two doing here?
你们在这里干什么?
-Hiro: Your son and I were just playing.
我在和你的儿子玩。
-Kaito: You are done for this evening.
你今天的工作做完了。
It is late. Get into your pajamas.
pajamas: 宽大的睡衣裤(意指睡觉)
很晚了。睡觉去吧。
-Young Hiro: Daddy!
爸爸!
-Kaito: Hiro! go to bed.
Hiro!上床睡觉。
May I speak with you for a moment? Thief.
可以和你谈谈么?小偷。
-Hiro: Wait. I can explain sort of.
sort of: 有几分
等一下。我可以解释那个。
-Kaito: Who are you? How did you open my safe?
你是谁?你怎么打开我的保险柜的?
-Hiro: I looked over your shoulder once. I saw the combination.
shoulder: 肩(部) combination: 结合(体)
我在你背后偷看到一次。看到了密码。
-Kaito: Give me that piece of paper before you die. I will give you one last chance to explain yourself.
chance: 机会 explain: 解释
我杀死你之前把那张纸交出来。我给你最后一个解释的机会。
-Hiro: if this is destroyed tonight, it can never be used again. Anywhere, anytime.
如果今晚把它毁了,就再也不能用了。任何时间,任何地点。
-Kaito: give it to me. I am the guardian of the formula.
guardian: 守卫者
把它给我。我是分子式的守护者。
-Matt: You found him!
你找到他了!
-Daphne: yeah! It worked!
对!有效了!
-Hiro: What just happened? How did you...
刚刚发生了什么?你怎么能...
-Ando: I have powers now. I rescued you.
我有能量了。我救了你。
-Hiro: I was about to tear up the formula. Couldn’t you have come later?
tear up: 撕毁
我刚刚撕了分子式。你就不能晚一点么?
-Ando: Remind me to never save your life.
后悔救你。
-Hiro: The formula must be destroyed.
分子式必须销毁。
-Daphne: And I know where it is. I'm the one who stole it for Arthur Petrelli, remember?
我知道它在哪。我从Arthur Petrelli那偷来的?
-Hiro: Nemesis, you have a chance to make up for your past. And for me to make up mine. Take me to it, please.
make up for: 补偿,弥补
复仇女神,你有机会弥补你的过错。我也有机会弥补我的。请带我去吧。
-Daphne: He's right.
他是对的。
-Matt: Go! Go. Be the, uh, be the good guy--gal.
去吧!去吧。做个好人吧,姑娘。
-Daphne: Back in a flash.
回到那个时刻。
-Hiro: Stop! We have come for the formula.
住手,我们是来拿分子式的。
-Daphne: It doesn't belong to you.
这不属于你。
-Tracy: And you are...
你是...
-Hiro: Hiro Nakamura. It is my sacred duty to see that it is destroyed.
sacred: 神圣的 duty: 责任,职责 destroy: 摧毁,毁坏
Hiro Nakamura。我神圣使命是看到它被销毁。
-Tracy: Sorry, I've got plans for this little piece of paper, Pikachu.
对不起,关于这张小纸片。关于这个小纸片我已经有计划了,皮卡丘。
-Hiro: Pikachu…Excuse me.
皮卡丘...不好意思。
-Daphne: Time to go.
该走了。
-Peter: Hey, gimme a hand with this. Ready? That's the last of it, finally.
gimme: =give me finally: 最后
帮我一下。准备好了么?终于是最后一个了。
-Flint: And now we can blow this place to hell.
hell: 地狱
现在我们把这变成地狱吧。
-Peter: No, wait, Flint! We have got to get the people out. My brother's still here.
不,等一下,Flint,我们得把人弄出去。我兄弟还在这。
-Flint: I don't give a rat's ass about your brother. Or you.
not give a rat’s ass: <口> 一点都不关心 ass: 笨蛋
没空等你狗屁兄弟。和你。
-Nathan: You broke my heart, Peter.
你伤了我的心,彼特。
-Peter: Stop!
住手!
-Flint: Son of a bitch!
王八蛋!
-Peter: Don't…
别...
-Angela: So...you killed Arthur.
你杀了Arthur。
-Sylar: I certainly did.
certainly: 当然地
没错。
-Angela: Then you saved the world. I was right about you all along. You are a hero.
all along: 始终,一直
你拯救了世界。自始至终,我没看错你。你是英雄。
-Sylar: I don't think so.
我不这么认为。
-Angela: You're wrong. I always wanted this for you. I dreamed about it.
你错了。我过去一直希望你这样。做梦都想。
And now that Arthur's dead, there's no one to hold you back, No one to take advantage of you.
hold one back: 阻挡 advantage:优点
现在Arthur死了,没人能让你回头。没人利用你。
-Sylar: Except...you.
除了...你。
-Angela: Gabriel, I cared for you. I gave you love, I gave you guidance…Everything a mother could…
guidance: 指导,指引
Gabriel,我替你难过。我给你爱,给你指导...一个母亲所有的...
-Sylar: You...are not...my mother. Are you? And I can tell if you're lying.
你…不是…我母亲。是吗?我能够感知你是否说了谎。
-Angela: No, I'm not.
不,我不是。
-Sylar: For a brief moment, I wish you were. Why did you do it?
brief: 短暂的
有那么一瞬间,我希望你是。为什么你要这么做?
-Angela: I told you. My sons have been such a disappointment to me.
disappointment: 失望
我告诉过你了。我的儿子们让我很失望。
And I wanted another chance... a chance to give the love that only a mother can.
我还想要一次机会...把只有母亲才能给予的爱奉献出来。
-Sylar: That's a lie. I told you I could tell.
tell: 分辨
你撒谎。我说了我能分辨得出。
-Angela: I wanted you to work for the company.You had a skill that I needed.
我想你能为公司工作。你有我需要的能力。
-Sylar: You saw me as a hero?
你把我当成英雄吗?
-Angela: No. As a killer...a monster.
不。我把你当作杀手...怪物。
You were flawed, weak, malleable. Someone I could manipulate. Because that's what I do, because you're right... I'm a monster too.
flawed: 缺陷 weak: 软弱 malleable: 可锻的 manipulate: 操控
你有缺陷,软弱,可造。我可以控制加以操控。因为那是我做的,因为你是对的...我也是个怪物。
-Sylar: Is there any good in this world? Tell me something, anything. Just make me believe that you're not the same as me!
这世上有善良的存在吗?告诉我,什么都行。让我知道你和我不一样!
-Angela: I know who your real parents are.
我知道你亲生父母是谁。
-Sylar: You're telling the truth.
你说的没错。
-Angela: You're not the son of a watchmaker and a wodoyle who collected snow globes.
你不是钟表匠的儿子。也不是那个收集雪球的女人的儿子。
-Sylar: Who am I then?
那我是谁?
-Angela: If you kill me... you will never find out.
如果你杀了我…就永远都得不到谜底。
-Sylar: Tell me. Tell me! I want the truth!
告诉我。告诉我!我要知道真相!
-Noah: Claire. We need to leave now.
Claire。我们现在得离开。
-Claire: Get Angela out of here.
带Angela离开这里。
-Claire: Mom!
妈妈!
-Meredith: Claire! No, what are you doing here?
Claire!不,你在这儿做什么?
-Claire: I told you I'd come back for you, come on!
我说了我会回来找你的,快!
-Meredith: I can't. It's too late.
不行,太晚了。
-Noah: Claire, let's go. This whole building's have got to come down in flames. You'll be buried alive. Come on.
come down: 降落【这里指毁掉】 flame: 火焰 bury: 埋
Claire,我们走。整栋大楼要爆炸了。你会被活埋的。快。
-Claire: No, I can save you.
不,我可以救你。
-Meredith: no, get away!
不,快走!
-Noah: We have to get out of here.
我们得离开这里。
-Meredith: You have got to go! Oh!
快走!
-Claire: I love you, mom.
我爱你,妈妈。
-Meredith: Go!
走!
-Nathan: You flew! That wasn't me. That was you!
flew: fly的过去式
你会飞了!那不是我。是你!
-Nathan: You took the formula!
你拿走了分子式!
-Peter: I had to.
我必须要这样做。
-Nathan: Everything you're against!
against: 抗衡
你与之抗衡的一切!
-Peter: I had no other choice.
我都别无选择。
-Nathan: Why'd you save me? Why'd you do it?
为什么你要救我?为什么你要这么做?
-Peter: Because you're my brother, and I love you.
因为你是我哥哥,我爱你。
-Nathan: That's not what I would have done.
换作是我,我不会这么做。
-Peter: Nathan...Nathan!
Nathan…Nathan!
-Aside: There is good, and there is evil... Right and wrong... Heroes and villains.
有善良,就会有邪恶。对与错…英雄与恶棍
And if we're blessed with wisdom, then there are glimpses between the cracks of each where light streams through...
bless:祈神赐福 glimpse: 一瞥,一看 crack: 破裂 stream: 涌流
如果我们能睿智些,那么光芒透过的地方地球就会出现裂缝。
We wait in silence for these times, when sense can be made, when meaningless existence comes into focus,
silence: 安静 meaningless: 无意义 existence: 存在 focus: 重点
我们安静地等待这些时刻,当我们大彻大悟时,无意义的存在变成重点,
and our purpose presents itself.
purpose: 目的 present: 现在的
我们的目的达到了。
And if we have the strength to be honest, then what we find there staring back at us is our own reflection...
strength: .力(气),力量 honest:诚实的,坦诚的 stare: 凝视
如果我们能有力量变得真诚,那么我们会发现,在我们背后凝视着我们的正是我们的映像...
bearing witness to the duality of life...
bear: 承受 witness: 见证 duality: 双重
承受生命双重性的见证...
That each one of us is capable of both the dark, and the light... of good and evil... of either...of all.
我们每一个人都能成为黑暗的人,光明的人...善人和恶人...各种人。
And destiny, while marching ever in our direction, can be rerouted by the choices we make…
march: 前进 direction: 方向 route: 路线
宿命,在我们的前进的方向中,通过我们的选择可以被重新定位...
by the love we hold onto and the promises we keep.
hold onto: 坚持,抓住 promise: 承诺
通过我们忠贞不移的爱和我们坚守的的承诺。
(The End of Volume Three)
(Volume Four “Fugitives”)
-Nathan: I think our only real option at this point is to get the United States government involved.
option: 选择(权) government: 政府 involve: 包含
我想在目前我们唯一真正可行的选择是让美国政府也包含在内。
-President: And you're saying all of these people have abilities.
你是说所有的这些人都有超能力。
-Nathan: Them and more. A lot more.
他们甚至更多。很多。
The important thing to remember is how dangerous these people can become. If left unchecked.
remember: 记住 unchecked: 未经核对的 check: 检查
最重要的是记住这些人能变得多么的危险。如果疏忽了检查。
I had a solution. It proved unsuccessful. It's all there. All the evidence you need.
我有一个解决办法。但是并没有成功。都在这里了。你需要的所有证据。
-President: What, exactly, is it that you're asking to do?
你要做的究竟是什么?
-Nathan: I want to round them up and put them in a facility where they won't be a danger to anyone.
round up: 把…聚拢起来,围捕 facility: 设施
我想把他们包围起来放进一个设施。他们永远不会成为任何人的危险。
-President: All right, senator. Let's get you whatever you need.
senator: 参议员 whatever: 无论什么
好吧,参议员。我们将完全满足你的需要。
-Nathan: Thank you, Mr. President.
president: 总统
谢谢您,总统先生。
词汇解析:Sunying 校对:Vivian



评 论


