看Heroes学英语第三季 2集:The Butterfly Effect
-Sandra: Claire, when you are ready to talk about it, you know I'm here, right?
talk about: 讲,谈论,交谈
Claire,如果你想跟我聊聊,你知道我一直都在你身,对吗?
-Claire: Yeah.
恩。
-Sandra: I'm so angry to think that that monster was in this house. Maybe we should go to a motel.
monster: 怪物,恶人 motel: 汽车旅馆
一想到那个怪物在这房子里呆过,我就非常生气。或许我们应该去汽车旅馆。
-Claire: He's not coming back.
他不会再回来了。
-Sandra: How do you know that?
你怎么知道?
-Claire: Because he got what he came for.
come for: 来拿,来取
因为他已经得到他想要的了。
-Sandra: You don't have to give me any details, Claire, but I need to know. Did he...
have to: 必须,不得不 detail: 细节 need to: 需要
你不必告诉我细节,Claire,但是我要知道。他有没有…
-Claire: No. No, it wasn't that.
没有。不,不是你想的那样。
-Sandra: Claire. I'll get you a towel.
towel: 毛巾
Claire,我去给你拿条毛巾。
-Claire: Oh, gosh. I don't feel anything. It didn't hurt. There's no pain.
gosh: 天啊 hurt: 伤害,(使)疼痛 pain: 痛苦,疼痛
噢,天啊。我什么也感觉不到。没有受伤,一点也不痛。
Sandra: But that's your power, isn't it?
power: 力量
这就是你的能力,不是吗?
-Claire: No. I heal, but I always feel everything. It hurts the same as it would for anyone else.
heal:痊愈,使…复原 the same as…: 与…同样的 else: 别的,其他
对。虽然能治愈,但我通常能感到那个过程。跟别人一样能感觉到疼痛。
But...not this time. That pain... I'm always so grateful for.
grateful: 感激的
但…这次没有。那种疼痛…我一直非常感激。
Because it's the only time I know I'm still human.
still: 仍然 human: 人
因为那是唯一能让我感到我还是人的时候。
-Angela: I had another dream. One I'd rather not repeat.
I'd rather: =I would rather 宁可 repeat: 重复
我又做了个梦。一个我不想再提及的梦。
And all because you're not where you're supposed to be. So go back where you came from, Peter.
be supposed to: 应该
就因为你出现在了不应该出现的地方。Peter,回到你来的地方去吧。
-Peter: I'm sorry. I'm a little too busy saving the world right now.
save: 拯救 right now: 现在
抱歉。我现在正忙着拯救世界呢。
-Angela: You never were as smart as you thought you were. I see a few more years on this planet. Hasn't changed that.
never: 从不,决不 as…as…: 像…一样… smart: 聪明 planet: 星球
你从来就不像自己想象的那么聪明。我比你早好多年来到这个世界。都没能改变它。
-Peter: There are things that I know. Things that you can't see, mother. Even in your dreams.
even: 即使 dream: 梦
妈妈,有些事情我知道。而你却看不到。即使是在你的梦里。
I've seen what you become. I've seen what you do. So don't think that I came back here for my health.
become: 变成 health: 健康
我已经看过你变成了什么样子。也看过了你的所作所为。所以请不要以为我回来只是为了我自己。
-Angela: You have no idea the fire that you're playing with. You don't screw with time.
have no idea: 一点不知道 fire: 火【危险】 screw: 扭紧,压榨
你根本不知道你这样做有多危险。你无法扭曲时空。
It's called the butterfly effect. You step on a butterfly today. Three years from now, a million people are wiped out.
butterfly effect: 蝴蝶效应 [蝴蝶效应是指在一个系统中,初始条件下微小的变化经过传递、分化、整合和放大,能带动整个系统的出现巨大的连锁反应] step on: 踩 million: 百万 wipe out: 彻底摧毁,消灭,根除
这就叫做蝴蝶效应。如果你今天踩死一只蝴蝶。三年后,可能会有百万人丧命。
-Peter: Let's just hope it's nobody that I know.
hope: 希望 nobody: 没有人
那就祈祷其中没有我认识的人吧。
-Angela: Oh, but what if it is? What if it turns out to be someone you do know?
what if: 如果…将会怎样 turn out: 结果是
噢,那如果发生了呢?如果真的是你认识的人呢?你关心的人?
Someone you care about? Claire. You talked to her today, didn't you? What'd you tell her?
care about: 关心 what'd: =what did
你关心的人?比如Claire。你今天和她谈过了,是不是?你和她说了什么?
-Peter: I told her not to go to Odessa. I told her to stay home. Why?
Odessa: 奥德赛,乌克兰港口城市
我告诉她不要去奥德赛。我让她呆在家里。怎么了?
-Angela: She listened to you. Ended up being where she wasn't supposed to be, and had a pretty bad day because of it.
end up: 结束,告终 pretty: 相当地
她听了你的话。结果留在了她不该在的地方,并且经历了非常糟糕的一天。
Don't believe me? Go see for yourself.
不相信我吗?那就自己去看看吧。
-Maya: Dr. Suresh. Hello. Dr. Suresh?
Dr.: =Doctor 博士
Suresh博士。Hello。Suresh博士?
-Suresh: Up here.
在上面。
-Maya: How did you…
你怎么…
-Suresh: Hi.
你好啊。
-Maya: Hi. I...I came to apologize about last night. I'm sorry I was... So, uh...
apologize: 道歉
你好。我…我是来为昨晚的事道歉的。对不起,我当时…所以,呃…
How did you just do that?
你刚刚是怎么做到的?
-Suresh: That serum I made? You know how I said it would give abilities to anyone instantaneously?
serum: 血清 ability: 能力 instantaneously: 瞬间地
还记得我做的血清么?记得我告诉过你它能在瞬间给任何一个人力量?
-Maya: You didn't.
你没有说过。
-Suresh: I sure did.
我肯定说过。
-Maya: But you said it still needed to be perfected.
perfect: 改善
但你说它仍需要改善。
-Suresh: I was wrong. And the results have been beyond my wildest dreams.
result: 结果 beyond: 超出,超过 wild: 野性的
我错了。并且记过超出了我最狂野的想象。
I woke up this morning. And I've never felt anything like it. I've been cataloguing the whole experience, monitoring my vitals.
wake up: 醒来 I've never: =I have never 我从未 catalogue: 编入目录 monitor: 监督
vital: 至关重要的【重要器官】
当我今天早晨醒来时。我体会到一种从未有过的感觉。我已经记录了我身体的整个经历,并且监测了身体的重要器官。
-Maya: So…It didn't give you my abilities.
所以…它并没有给你我的能力。
-Suresh: Far from it. My senses are heightened. I'm stronger, faster, more agile.
sense: 感觉,感应 heighten: 加强 agile: 敏捷的,灵巧的
远远不止这些。我的感官变的更敏锐了。我变的更壮,更快,更敏捷了。
I have boundless energy. I'm a new man. Watch this.
bondless: 无限的
我拥有无限的活力。我是一个崭新的人。看这个。
I've run a blood sample, checked reflexes, Hormone levels, blood pressure, Balance. blood sample: 血样 check: 检查 reflex: 反应 hormone: 荷尔蒙 blood pressure: 血压
我已经做了一个血样,测试了反应能力,荷尔蒙水平,血压,平衡力。
They're all normal. I am completely the same in every way.
normal: 正常的 completely: 完全地
一切都很正常。从任何方面看,我都和以前一样。
-Maya: My god. It's unbelievable.
unbelievable: 难以置信的
天啊。真是难以置信啊。
-Suresh: Just different. Better.
真的不同了。更好了。
And if I give powers to anyone, then it's only a matter of time before I figure out a way to reverse the effects.
a matter of: (关于…)的问题 figure out: 想出,理解 way: 办法 reverse: 逆转【消除】
并且如果我把这力量给别人,那么想出一个消除这些能力的办法只是时间问题了。
Take the powers away. Your powers.
把你的能力消除了。你的能力。
And this all came from you, Maya. From what's inside that... extraordinary body of yours. You are different.
come from: 来自,起源于 inside: 在…里面 extraordinary: 特别的
Maya,这一切都是从你那的来的。从你那非同寻常的身体里得来的。
-Maya: You are different.
你和以前不一样了。
-Cruz: Freeze! Get on the ground, Sylar!
freeze: 冻结,凝固【不许动】
不许动!趴在地上,Sylar!
-Karina: Get down! Freeze!
get down: 从…下来【趴下】
趴在地上!不许动!
-Cruz&Karina: Argh!
啊!
-Bob: Karina and Cruz were two of our best agents.
agent: 特工
Karina和Cruz是2个我们这最好的特工。
-Elle: Fine. I'll own it, Daddy. I screwed up. Sylar got away.
own: 承认 screw up: <口> 弄糟,搞乱 get away: 逃脱
好吧。我承认,爸爸。是我搞砸了。Sylar逃走了。
-Bob: And he got to Claire Bennet, making him virtually unstoppable.
get to: 找到 virtually: 几乎,差不多 unstoppable: 无法停止的
并且他找到了Claire Bennet,使他变得几乎无法停止了。
-Elle: I can stop him.
我能阻止他。
-Bob: You know, I can't help but think about you as a child. When your mother died, your need for approval, affection... It was hard to bear.
can't help but: 禁不住做,不能防止做 approval: 认可 affection: 爱 bear: 忍受
你知道的,我有时会情不自禁的想到当你还是个孩子的时候。你妈妈死了,你渴望认可和爱...那真的是不好受。
-Elle: I will find him. And I'll figure out where he's gonna strike next...
figure out: 找出 gonna: =going to strike: 打击
我会找出他的。并且我会弄清楚他下次会袭击谁…
-Bob: No, no, no, why should I keep putting you into a position where you're just going to be letting me or yourself down again, huh?
let down: 令…失望
不不不,为什么我还要派你去做同样的事,让我或者你再一次失望呢,呃?
That's not fair to either of us, is it?
fair: 公平
那对我们都不公平,不是吗?
-Ando: Hiro.
Hiro。
-Hiro: Don't do that.
別那样做。
-Adno: Do what?
做什么?
-Hiro: Sneak up on me.
sneak up on: 偷偷地接近,跟踪
跟踪我。
-Ando: I wasn't sneaking up on you.
我才没有跟踪你呢。
-Hiro: You were definitely sneaking up on me.
definitely: 肯定地
你明明是在跟踪我。
-Ando: Who are these guys?
guy: 男人,家伙
这些是什么人?
-Hiro: Private detectives. Very shrewd and expensive. They found a fingerprint and are checking.
private: 私人的 detective: 侦探 shrewd: 精明的 fingerprint: 指纹
私家侦探。非常厉害,但也价格不菲。他们发现了一个指纹,正在做检测。
-Ando: Din you tell them it was from a woman who moves at super speed?
super: 超级
你有没有告诉他们这是从一个超速移动的女人那弄来的?
-Hiro: Of course not.
当然没有。
-Ando: Then did you mention that she stole a piece of paper with a formula on it that could destroy the entire world?
mention: 提到 steal: 偷 formula: 方程式 destroy: 破坏,毁坏 entire:整个的
那你有没有提到她偷了一张纸,上面有一个方程式,一个能毁灭整个地球的方程式?
-Hiro: At these prices they don't ask a lot of questions.
price: 价格
在这个价钱上他们不会问这么多问题的。
-Detective: Her name is Daphne Millbrook. 14 Rue Saint-Jacques, Paris, France.
她的名字叫Daphne Millbrook。住在法国巴黎圣亚克区14街。
-Hiro: I found her! Now all I have to do is to track her down.
track down: 跟踪追捕,查出,找到,发现
找到她了!现在我要做的就是跟踪她。
-Ando: You're not taking me with you? What should I do?
你不带我一起去吗?我能做什么呢?
-Hiro: Nothing. Let's go.
什么也不用做。我们一起去吧。
-Tracy: Please tell me you're not getting cold feet.
cold feet: 信心或勇气之丧失,胆怯
不要告诉我你害怕了。
-Governor: I know we wanted to make a bold move, but Petrelli is a loaded gun.
bold: 大胆的 loaded gun: 子弹上了膛的枪
我知道我们要做大胆的决定,但Petrelli是一把装好子弹的枪。
-Tracy: The seat's been vacant for a month. Now as governor, it's your job to fill it.
vacant: 空的 fill: 填补
这个位子空缺了有一个月。作为一名州长,现在你的工作就是填补这个空缺。
-Governor: Doug Hargis is a safer choice.
safe: 安全的
Doug Hargis是一个更安全的选择。
-Tracy: Oh, Hargis is a stiff! You'd be better off leaving Dickenson's dead carcass in there.
stiff: 呆板的 be better off: 境况更好,更自在【这里指最好做某事】 carcass: 尸体
噢,Hargis是个呆子!你最好还是把Dickenson的尸体放在那算了。
-Governor: All right, if…if we went with Petrelli, do we really know what we're buying?
好吧,如果…如果我们选择和Petrelli一起,我们真的知道我们选择了什么?
-Tracy: Yeah. The future. Someone who would owe you a real debt in a very strategic place.
future: 未来 owe: 应给予;有必要做(某事) debt: 债务 strategic: 战略的
是的。未来。在战略角度上讲,他是一个会在关键时候归还欠你人情的人。
-Governor: He's untested. Some say unbalanced.
untested: 未经测试的 unbalanced: 不稳定的,不平衡的
他没有经过考验,有人说他不稳定。
-Tracy: Well, he somehow got elected to congress from the most populous district in the state.
somehow: 以某种方式【好歹】 elect: 选举 congress: 议会 populous: 人口多的
district: 区
好吧,可他好歹也被选为国会议员了,还是人口最多的地区。
-Governor: And gave up his seat for personal reasons. Do you really think the press is gonna look the other way?
give up: 放弃 seat: 职位,地位 press: 新闻界,媒体
并且因为一些私人原因放弃了他的地位。你真的认为媒体会用好的眼光来看待他吗?
-Tracy: If we point them in the other direction, yeah.
point: 指出【指引】 direction: 方向
是的,只要我们往好的方向去引导。
The man was shot, died on the table, and lived to talk about it.
shoot: 射击
那个人被枪击后死在了桌子上,然后又活过来说出真相。
Who does he credit with this little miracle? God.
credit: 归功于 miracle: 奇迹
他应该把这奇迹归功于谁呢?上帝。
-Governor: God and politics. Risky bedfellows.
politic: 政治 risky: 冒险的 bedfellow: 伙伴
上帝和政治。和他一起真是冒险的决定。
-Tracy: Maybe so, but he is landing huge on every major media outlet in the country.
maybe: 也许 land: 得到,赢得 major: 主要的 media: 媒体 outlet: 地方电视台
也许吧,但他受到了国内几大媒体的关注。
And the far right is loving him, which fits in nicely with your priorities.
far right: 极右派,极端保守主义 fit in with: 适应,适合,符合 fit: 适合 priority: 优先
而且极右派很喜欢他,这不正适合你的选人优先顺序么。
-Governor: Sure, they love him now.
是啊,他们现在可喜欢他了。
-Tracy: You don't pay me for sex, governor. I give that for free. What you pay me for is my advice,
sex: 性交 free: 免费的 advice: 建议
州长,你和我上床不用付钱。我免费送你。你需要做的只是采纳我的建议,
and my advice to you is to appoint Nathan Petrelli the junior senator from the state of New York.
appoint: 任命 junior senator: 资浅参议员
我的建议是任命Nathan Petrelli为纽约州的候补参议员。
But then again, like I said, it's your call.
it's your call: 由你决定
不过就像我说过的,这都由你决定。
-Staff: We're ready, sir.
我们准备好了,先生。
-Governor: Reach out to him.
reach out to: 接触,联系;把手伸向
去联系他吧。
-Tracy: My flight leaves in an hour.
flight: 航班
我的飞机一小时后起飞。
-Reporter: Ms. Strauss.
Strauss小姐。
-Tracy: The governor hasn't made his choice yet.
choice: 选择 yet: 仍然
州长还没做出选择。
-Reporter: Oh, no, this isn't about filling the senate seat. This is about you.
senate: 参议院
哦,不,这不是关于填补参议员空缺的事。是关于你的。
-Tracy: Me? There's no story with me.
我?我身上可没有什么故事。
-Reporter: Oh, I don't know. Las Vegas stripper becomes K street ice queen. Big story.
Las Vegas: 拉斯维加斯 stripper: 脱模工【脱衣舞娘】 queen: 女皇
哦,这我就不知道了。拉斯维加斯的脱衣舞娘变成了K大街的冰女皇。爆炸性的消息啊。
-Tracy: You're kidding, right? This isn't something some grammar school kid couldn't do with a laptop.
kid: 开玩笑 grammar: <美>初中 kid: 小孩子 laptop: 笔记本电脑
你在开玩笑,是么?这种东西初中的小孩子都能用电脑合成出来。
-Reporter: No, no, no, no, now I have my sources. They tell me this is you.
source: 来源
不不不,我有我的消息来源。他们告诉我这就是你。
-Tracy: Your sources are wrong. Why would someone like me do something like that?
你的来源都是错的。我为什么要去做那种事情。
-Reporter: That's exactly what I want to know.
exactly: 恰好地,正好地
这正好是我想知道的。
I'm running this story with or without your comment.
run: 进行,运转 comment: 评论,解释
无论你有无解释,我都会继续做这个新闻。
-Tracy: You run this story, and I will hunt your ass down and destroy you.
hunt down: 捕获,穷追猛打 hunt: 狩猎,搜索 ass: 臀部 destroy: 毁坏
你把这新闻弄出去,我就会杀了你。
-Ando: The thief lives here?
thief: 小偷
那小偷就住这么?
-Hiro: So it disappeared.
disappear: 消失
怪不得它消失不见了。
-Claire: It seemed to help last time I made a tape. But this time it's different.
seem: 似乎 last time: 上次 tape: 录像带
上次的录像似乎还是有点用的。但这次有所不同。
Because I'm starting to wonder if I'm even human anymore.
wonder: 怀疑 even: 甚至 human: 人 anymore: 现在,不再
因为我开始怀疑我还到底是不是人。
Because if you can't feel anything, do you still have a soul?
still: 仍然 soul: 灵魂
因为当你没有任何感觉时,你还有灵魂么?
Will I live forever? All of these questions, I just…I need to prove that I'm still alive.
forever: 永远 prove: 证明 alive: 活着的
我会永生不死么?所有的这些问题,我只是…我需要证明我仍然活着。
So I guess I should just start by saying. My name is Claire Bennet, and this is attempt number seven.
guess: 猜测,推测 attempt: 尝试
所以我想这就是我的开场白。我叫Claire Bennet,这是第七次尝试。
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Peter: What were you doing?
那你又在干什么?
-Claire: What does it look like? Trying to get hit by a train. Just…I just needed to feel something.
look like: 看上去像 hit: 冲撞 train: 火车
你看不出来吗?我想被火车撞一下。我只是…我只想找到活着的感觉。
-Peter: Hey, what happened to you?
happen: 发生
嘿,发生什么事了?
-Claire: Something awful.
awful: 可怕的
一些可怕的事。
-Claire: He put the top of my head back on and left me there.
他把我的头割开然后把他把我扔在那里。
-Peter: He can heal now.
heal: (使)愈合,治愈,(使)恢复健康
他现在有自愈的能力了。
-Claire: Yes. I saw it.
是的。我看到了。
-Peter: That wasn't supposed to happen.
be supposed to: 应该,被期望
这事本来并不应该发生的。
-Claire: What? And what did he mean I was special? Different. What was he talking about?
special: 特殊的,特别的
什么?还有他说我很特殊是什么意思?不同。他在说什么?
-O Peter: What happened to you never should've happened, Claire. It's my fault.
fault: 过失,过错
发生在你身上的事情从来就不应该发生,Claire。这是我的错。
-Claire: You can't save me all the time, Peter. What happened was my fault. I can't defend myself.
defend: 辩护,辩解
你不能每次都救我,Peter。发生的事是我的错。我不能保护自己。
Yeah, I can heal, but what kind of lame power is that? I'm still just a victim.
heal: (使)愈合,治愈,(使)恢复健康 lame: 站不住脚的,差劲的,蹩脚的 victim: 牺牲者,受害者,受灾者
对,我有自愈能力,但是这算什么无用的超能力?我仍然只是个受害者。
You could teach me. You learned how to use your power and you fought him.
你可以教我。你学会了如何运用你的能力和他对抗。
-Peter: Claire
Claire。
-Claire: You could help me do that.
你可以教我。
-Peter: I can't! Not me, not now.
我不行!不能由我来教,现在也不是时候。
-Claire: Why not? I don't understand.
为什么?我不理解。
-Peter: Because something could go wrong! And it changes everything.
go wrong: 走错路,误入岐途,(机器等)发生故障
因为一些事情会因此变坏!这会改变每件事情。
-Claire: I need someone to help me.
我需要人帮我。
-Peter: It can't be me, Claire. I have to be very careful what I say to you.
我帮不了你,Claire。和你说话我要非常小心。
-Claire: Why?
为什么?
-Peter: I'm sorry. I have to go.
对不起。我得走了。
-Nathan: For the salvation of my soul, give me true contrition that I may day and night by penance make satisfaction for my many sins.
salvation: (对人的灵魂的)拯救 contrition: 懊悔,忏悔 day and night: 夜以继日地,日夜 penance: 补赎,悔罪 satisfaction: 赔偿物,补偿 sin: 罪恶,罪孽
为了拯救我的灵魂,我要真心的忏悔,不管日夜,愿忏悔能够偿还我的罪恶。
Speaking of sin.
speak of: 说到,论及,谈到,提到
刚说到罪孽。
-Tracy: I'm sorry. The nurse said that it would be okay if I stopped by.
stop by: 偶然过访,停留一下,顺便拜访
对不起。护士说我可以过来看望一下。
-Nathan: Yeah, no, it's fine. I was just... I'm sorry, I'm a little bit surprised. What are you doing here?
a bit: 稍微,有一点儿 surprised: 惊讶的
对,没事。我只是...对不起,我有些惊讶。你来这里干什么?
-Tracy: You're right. I should've phoned. But I have quite a proposition for you, congressman.
phone: 打电话 proposition: 建议,提案 congressman: 议员
没错。我是应该提前打个电话。我有一个很好的建议给你,议员。
-Nathan: A proposition for me? No, thanks.
给我的建议?不用,多谢了。
-Tracy: I'm here on behalf of Governor Malden.
on behalf of: 代表…
我代表参议员Malden。
-Nathan: You work for Malden.
work for: 为…而工作
你为Malden工作。
-Tracy: I'm an advisor to the Governor.
advisor: 顾问
我是州长顾问。
And we both agree that you would make an excellent choice to fill the seat left by Gerald Dickenson's untimely death.
agree with: 与某人〔观点〕一致,同意〔赞同〕某人的意见 excellent: 优秀的,卓越的,杰出的 choice: 选择,挑选
我们都一致认为你接受因Gerald Dickenson死亡而空出的职位是一个明智的选择。
-Nathan: Niki, it's me. What the hell are you talking about?
Niki,是我。你到底在说什么啊?
-Tracy: Did you just call me Niki?
你刚才叫我Niki?
-Nathan: Yeah, Niki. Come on, cut the crap.
cut the crap: 别废话,废话少说 crap: 废话
是啊,Niki。拜托,别废话了。
-Tracy: Wait, do you think that you know me?
等等,你以为你很了解我?
-Nathan: The word "biblically" comes to mind. Niki, Niki Sanders. We met in Vegas. Had a pretty good time, if I recall.
come to mind: 想到,突然想起 recall: 回忆起,回想
我脑海里想的是“那是当然”。Niki,Niki Sanders,我们在维加斯见过。我记得,还有过很快乐的一段经历。
-Tracy: I think you have me mistaken for another woman, Congressman. My name is Tracy Strauss.
mistake for: 错认,把…错认为,
我想你认错人了,议员先生。我叫Tracy Strauss。
-Nathan: You're not Niki Sanders?
你不是Niki Sanders?
-Tracy: Not in the slightest.
(not) in the slightest: 一点也(不),根本(不)
完全不沾边。
-Nathan: And you're an advisor for the Governor's office.
而且你是州长办公室顾问。
-Tracy: You can check me out if you'd like.
check out: 检查,核对,核实
如果你愿意可以去核实。
-Nathan: Okay.
好吧。
-Tracy: And the offer. The Governor wants you, Mr. Petrelli. United States Senator.
那个职位。州长需要你 Petrelli先生。美利坚合众国参议员。
Think about it. My cell number's on the back.
think about: 考虑
考虑一下吧。我手机号码在背后。
-Mr. Linderman: Interesting meeting?
愉快的会面?
-Nathan: You. You put Niki up to this?
你。你把Niki逼成这样的?
-Mr. Linderman: That woman is not Niki Sanders. That's Tracy Strauss, just like she said.
那位女士不是Niki Sanders。那是Tracy Strauss,正如她所说。
And the offer that she made was quite legitimate.
offer: 提议,提供 legitimate: 合情合理的,合法的
她提供的职位可是十分合法的。
-Nathan: That's impossible. That woman was Niki Sanders.
impossible: 不可能的,办不到的
不可能。那位女人就是Niki Sanders。
-Mr. Linderman: Perhaps there's a reason for that. Someone so familiar-looking offering you the chance of a lifetime.
offer: 主动提供,主动提出 chance: 机会,时机 the chance of a lifetime: 千载难逢的机会 lifetime: 一生,寿命
有可能是这样的。某个面善的人提供给你一个一生难求的机会。
You should think about that, Nathan. This is God's plan.
plan: 计划,打算,方案
你应该慎重考虑一下,Nathan。这是上帝的安排。
-Nathan: You don't know the first thing about God's plan. Get out.
你根本不懂上帝安排是什么。出去。
-Mr. Linderman: Nathan, I...
Nathan,我...
-Nathan: I need my sleep.
我要休息了。
-Elle: Dad, I've been thinking about it.
老爸,我一直在想。
We don't need to look for Sylar. He's on the hunt for powers. On Level five, he'd have an all-you-can-eat buffet.
look for: 寻找(某人或某物) hunt for: 搜寻,寻找,追猎 level: 水平,等级 buffet: 自助餐
我们没必要寻找Sylar。他一直在追逐特异功能。而那在五楼,是应有尽有。
Are you even listening to me?
even: 甚至 listen to: 听…(讲话)
你在听我说话没?
Do you know, you are so sure that I'm gonna disappoint you, but when I prove you wrong...
prove: 证明
你知道吗,你那么确信我会令你失望,当我证明你错了时...
-Flint: Hey, you come to see me, baby, or what?
嘿,你来看我么,亲爱的?
-Elle: Screw you!
screw you: <口> 去你的 screw: 扭紧,压榨
去你妈的!
-Peter: Elle, it's me! Peter Petrelli! You've gotta let me out. Please! Let me out of here!
gotta: = <口> going to
Elle,是我啊!Peter petrelli!快放我出去。求你了!放我出去!
-Elle: Sylar's in the building. Let's go.
Sylar在这栋楼里。走吧。
-Bennet: Daddy doesn't want me to leave my cell.
leave: 离去,离开 cell: 小牢房,单人小室
你爸不让我离开这牢房。
-Elle: My dad's dead. Sylar killed him.
我爸死了。Sylar杀了他。
-Sylar: Hello, Noah. Did you miss me?
你好啊,Noah。想我了吗?
Ouch. I got that from your Claire.
哦。我从你的Claire那儿得到的。
-Bennet: You son of bitch! Unh!
son of a bitch: <口> 狗娘养的
你这狗娘养的!啊!
-Peter: Sylar! You bastard! Leave her alone! Sylar!
leave alone: 不理,不管〔惹〕,不烦扰,不干涉
Sylar!你这混蛋!放开她!Sylar!
-Sylar: Look what your daddy used to be able to do.
used to: 过去经常
瞧瞧你老爸曾经拥有的能力吧。
Hmm.
嗯。
-Elle: You killed him.
你杀了他。
-Sylar: I've killed a lot of people, Elle. You're as much to blame for that as anyone. Maybe even more so.
as much as: 差不多 blame for: 因…怪罪,责怪(某人),归咎于
我杀了很多人,Elle。对这件事你和其他人一样有责任。或许还更多。
-Peter: Elle, it's me, Peter. You okay?
Elle,是我,Peter。你没事儿吧?
-Knox: Jesse, come on. We gotta go before they lock us back up.
lock up:上锁,封锁,监禁,禁闭
Jesse,快走。我们得在他们再把我们关起来前离开。
-Peter: where we going, man? What's the plan?
我们去哪儿啊,兄弟?怎么打算?
-Hiro: All these stuff…With super-speed, she is the world’s greatest thief. But where is the formula?
speed: 速度,速率 thief: 小偷,盗贼 formula: 公式,方程式
所有这些东西…有了这种速度,她就是世界上最快的贼。但是那方程式在哪儿啊?
Ah, figures.
figure: 认为,领会到
啊,看出来了。
-Ando: I’ve never been to France before. I wanted a souvenir.
souvenir: 纪念品
我从没去过法国。我想要件纪念品。
And what’s that supposed to mean? “Figures”? You are taking me like some kind of criminal. Tell me.
be supposed to: 应该,被期望 criminal: 罪犯,犯人
“看出来了”是什么意思啊?你把我罪犯一样啊。说话啊。
-Hiro: When I went to the future, I saw you.
我去过未来,看见你了。
-Ando: You saw me?
看见我了?
-Hiro: The Future you.
未来的你。
-Ando: And?
然后?
-Hiro: And you were a villain. You killed me.
villain: 恶棍,歹徒,坏人
而你是个坏蛋。你杀死了我。
-Ando: Killed you?
杀死了你?
-Hiro: Yes.
是的。
-Ando: But … I am not a villain. I am your best friend.
但... 我不是坏人啊。我是你最好的朋友啊。
-Hiro: Today maybe, what about tomorrow?
what about: 怎么样,以为如何
今天可能是,可明天呢?
-Ando: It wasn’t me. It was robot or something. Someone who could change their appearance to look like me.
robot: 机器人 appearance: 外观,外貌,外表
那不是我。有可能是机器人什么的。或者是什么人可以把他们的样子变得像我。
-Hiro: Hey, you asked, I said. We need to set a trap. That’s what Batman always does with Catwoman. A ransom.
set: 放,搁置 trap: 圈套,困境,(对付人的)计谋,策略,陷阱 ransom: 付赎金救人,赎金
嘿,你问的,我才说的。我们得设个陷阱。蝙蝠侠一直就是这么对付猫女的。赎金。
-Ando: Catwoman?
猫女?
-Hiro: Now, what treasure…does the world’s fastest thief hold most dear?
treasure: 珍宝,贵重物品 hold: 认为,相信 dear: 珍贵的,珍视的
那么,什么宝贝...让世界上最快的贼最珍惜呢?
First place, hundred yard dash, twelfth grade.
dash: 短距离赛跑
第一名,百米跑,十二年级。
-Peter: How are you feeling?
感觉怎么样?
-Nathan: Conflicted. I've been asked to fill the seat left by Senator Dickenson.
conflicted: 冲突的,抵触的,争论的
挣扎中。他们叫我补上参议员Dickenson留下的空缺。
-Peter: That's incredible.
incredible: 难以置信的,不可思议的,惊人的
蛮好的嘛。
-Nathan: Last time I was in a position of authority, I nearly let Manhattan get wiped off the face of the map.
position: 职位,职务 authority: 权力,职权 nearly: 几乎,差不多 let: 让,使 wipe off: 擦掉,除去
上次我掌握大权的时候,差点把曼哈顿从地图上抹掉。
I'm not really sure what that says about my basic nature.
basic: 基本的,基础的,根本的 nature: 天性,性格,性质
不知道传说中我的本性是真的假的。
-Peter: You're different now. Everything's...different. Which is what I came here to talk to you about.
come here: 来这里
你已经改变了。什么事都...变了。这就是我来给你说的。
I need to show you something. I'm from the future, Nathan. I came back to kill you. I was the one who shot you.
show: 给…看,显示
我要给你看点东西。我来自未来,Nathan。我是回来杀你的。我就是那个开枪打你的人。
I've lived for years in a world where people like us have been hunted, slaughtered, used,
hunt: 追捕,搜寻 slaughter: 屠杀,杀戮,屠宰 use: 用,利用
我在那个世界活了很久了。在那里像我们一样的人一直被猎杀、屠杀和利用。
all because of what you told the world at that press conference.
because of: 因为,由于 press: 报刊,报界,新闻界 conference: 会议
全都是因为你在那次新闻发布会上向全天下公告我们的事情。
I had to stop that from happening.
stop from: 阻止某事发生
我得正本清源。
-Nathan: I'm not sure how I'm supposed to respond to this.
我不知道该说些什么。
-Peter: I came here to save the world. But I don't think that I have.
come here: 来这里 save: 拯救,挽救
我是来拯救世界的。但我并不认为我做到了。
-Nathan: You sure as hell stopped me from telling everyone.
stop from: 阻止某事发生
你真的要阻止我公告天下?
-Peter: I know, but the future is different now. I've changed everything. That's what I'm trying to say.
future: 将来,未来,今后 different: 不同的,差异的
我知道,但未来是会改变的。我已经把一切都改变了。那就是我想说的。
-Nathan: Why are you telling me this?
你为何告诉我这些?
-Peter: I need your forgiveness.
forgiveness: 原谅
恳求你的原谅。
-Nathan: If you're from the future, then...what do I do next? Do I take the offer? Do I become a senator?
offer: 提议,提供
如果你来自未来,那么...我接下来做了什么?我接受那个职位了么?我当选参议员了么?
-Peter: You had a different future where I came from. But I stopped that.
come from: 来自某处
你的未来和我的世界已经不一样了。不过我已经将它改变了。
Now you're on the path to being the brother that I always looked up to. You are gonna make the right choices.
look up to: 尊敬,敬仰
现在你正朝着我一直崇拜的大哥转变。你会做出正确的选择。
-Nathan: Where are you going?
你去哪?
-Peter: To set things right.
set right: 改正,恢复正常 set: 放,搁置
让一切恢复正常。
-Tracy: Tracy Strauss.
Tracy Strauss。
-Nathan: Hi, it's Nathan Petrelli.
嗨,我是Nathan Petrelli。
Listen, I've, uh, I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided. I'd be honored to serve as junior senator from New York.
honored: 荣幸的 junior: 资历较浅的
听着,我,呃,我想了很多,我已经决定了。我很荣幸能成为纽约的参议员。
-Tracy: The governor will be very pleased.
州长会很高兴的。
-Nathan: But it's on one condition. I want you on my staff. I'm not going into this without an ally.
condition: 状况,状态 ally: 同盟国,同盟者
但是有一个条件。我要你站在我这边。我不想孤军奋战。
-Tracy: If that's what it takes.
如果一定要这样。
We'll make an announcement at the press conference tomorrow. The whole dog and pony. I assume you're well enough.
announcement: 宣告,发表 press conference: 记者招待会 dog and pony show: 盛大表演,盛大演示 pony: 矮种马,小型马assume: 假设,臆断,猜想
我们明天可以在记者招待会上发表声明。整体展示。我想你的状态已经好多了。
-Nathan: I'll be fine.
我会没事的。
-Tracy: Gotta run. Expect a call shortly. Congratulations, Senator Petrelli.
expect: 预料,预期 shortly: 不久,很快
我要走了。盼你电话。恭喜你,Petrelli参议员。
-Reporter: Hey, story runs tomorrow. Sure you don't want to make a comment? I turn it in in 15 minutes.
comment: 解释,批评 turn in: 上交,呈交
嘿,听说明天走。你不想发表下看法吗?我15分后就要上交了。
-Tracy: That would be a serious mistake. This woman in Las Vegas, Niki Sanders, looks like me. She's not me.
serious: 严重的,非同小可的 mistake: 错误,过失 look like: 看起来与(某人或某物)相像〔相似〕
你在犯一个大错。那个在拉斯维加斯的女人,Niki Sanders,看起来很像我。但她不是我。
-Reporter: Is that all you've got? You want to tell me that's not you, huh?
这就是你要说的?你想跟我说那不是你,啊?
I got this from a friend of mine who works in security at the Corinthian hotel in Las Vegas. Now that is you.
security: 安全部
我从一个在拉斯维加斯的科林斯式旅馆做保安的朋友那拿来的。那就是你。
And if I'm not mistaken, that's Congressman Nathan Petrelli, rumored to be governor Malden's choice for Dickenson's senate seat.
rumor: 传闻,风闻,谣言,谣传 choice: 选择,挑选,入选者,被选中的东西
而且如果我没看错,那个就是国会议员Nathan Petrelli。传言说Malden 州长将选他顶替Dickenson参议员的席位。
Comment?
你要给个解释吗?
-Tracy: It's not me.
那不是我。
-Reporter: You know, I was thinking about running with something like…
你要知道,我曾想写篇报道,比如…
“K street ice queen heats up Las Vegas sleeping with a senator and a congressman”.
heat up: 加热,发热,变热,使变得激烈
“k街冰皇后在拉斯维加斯露面跟参议员以及国会议员睡觉”。
-Tracy: You can't run this story.
你不能报道这件事。
-Reporter: Hey.
嘿。
-Tracy: No!
不!
-Reporter: Aah! Hey!
啊!哈!
-Tracy: Aa... Oh!
啊...哦!
-Angela: Quite a little mess you've made here.
quite: 几分,颇,相当 mess: 杂乱,脏乱,脏东西
你把这儿弄的有点乱啊。
-Elle: Mrs.Petrelli? What are you doing here?
Petrelli夫人?你在这干什么?
-Angela: With your father's death, the chain of command falls to me.
chain of command: 指挥系统,行政管理系统 fall to: (责任等)落到…身上
你父亲去世以后,这儿的管理权就归我了。
-Elle: My father's body isn't even cold yet.
我父亲尸骨未寒呢。
-Angela: This is how things work around here, Elle. You should know that.
这也就是为什么事情还这么糟,Elle。你应该知道的。
I'm in charge now, and I'm starting by making a few changes.
in charge: 主管,看管,在…看管下
我现在是负责人,并准备开始做些改变了。
-Elle: I... we caught Sylar.
我...我们已经抓到Sylar了。
-Angela: Good for you!
真不错!
Your electrical outburst also shut down the grid, letting out a dozen inmates who are just as bad or worse.
electrical: 用电的,与电有关的,电学的 outburst: 爆发,迸发 shut down: 完全关闭
grid: 输电网 a dozen: 一打 inmate: 囚犯
你的电子脉冲还关闭了网格,放跑了一堆罪犯,他们和他一样坏甚至更可怕。
And Noah Bennet is gone too.
Noah Bennet也跑了。
-Elle: I know. And I'm gonna get right on that.
我知道。我回去平息这件事的。
-Angela: No, actually, you won't.
不,实际上,你不会的。
-Elle: I'm sorry?
什么?
-Angela: We only kept you around this long at your father's insistence. He's been protecting you for a long time.
insistence: 坚决要求,坚持,固执
长期以来我们把你留在这里是因为你父亲的坚持。他已经保护你太久了。
And circumstances have obviously changed, and we won't be needing your services anymore.
circumstance: 环境,条件,情况 obviously: 明显的,显然的 service: 服务
很明显事情已经发生变化,我们不会再需要你了。
-Elle: But...I have worked for this company my entire life. What am I supposed to do now?
entire: 全部的,整个的
但是...我已经把我的毕生精力都奉献给公司了。我现在要怎么办呢?
-Angela: I suppose you'll have to get yourself another life.
我想你可以过另一种生活了。
-Hiro: You understand your part of the plan, right?
你明白自己的那部分计划,对吗?
-Ando: It sounds dangerous. Does Batman put Robin in danger…when he sets a trap for Catwoman?
set: 放,搁置 trap: 夹子,罗网,陷阱
听着挺危险。当他向猫女下套的时候…蝙蝠侠让罗宾陷入危险了吗?
-Hiro: Sometimes. To teach him a lesson.
teach a lesson: 教训一顿,给…一个教训
有时吧。为了教训他一下。
-Ando: Stop punishing me for something I haven’t done yet.
punish: 惩罚
不要冤枉还要责罚我。
-Hiro: Don’t kill me and I won’t punish you.
不杀我,就不会责罚你。
-Ando: I’m not going to kill you.
我没想杀你。
-Daphne: What are you doing here?
你在这干吗?
-Hiro: You have something of mine, and now I have something of yours.
你还拿着我东西呢,我也有东西给你。
-Daphne: All right, time warp, give it back.
warp: 弯曲,歪斜【这里比喻怪人,相当于freak】
好吧,时间怪人,还给我吧。
-Hiro: You are not faster than me, Nemesis.
Nemesis: 复仇女神
你没有我快哦,复仇女神。
-Daphne: Oh, yeah?
哦,是吗?
-Hiro: Here, kitty-kitty! I am offering you a trade.
kitty: 小猫
这儿,小猫!我们做个交易吧。
-Daphne: All right. But my boss isn't gonna be very happy about this.
好吧。但我老板可是很不喜欢我们这样做。
-Hiro: Your boss?
你老板?
You didn’t look behind the Mona Lisa.
你怎么没找蒙娜丽莎像后面。
-Daphne: You know, I was just heading out to get the other half of this.
head out: 前往,出发
你也知道,我也是刚刚才拿到这一半。
-Hiro: Good luck! This is a trade between two honorable people.
honorable: 可敬的,荣誉的,光荣的
祝你好运!这是在两个守信的人之间的一笔交易。
-Daphne: Wrong. You can't stop me. I'm taking them both.
错。你阻止不了我。我两个都要。
-Hiro: I can't let you do that. That formula could destroy the whole world.
我不会让你那么干的。这个方程式会毁了整个这个世界的。
-Daphne: Is it worth the sacrifice of your friend?
worth: 值得 sacrifice: 牺牲,舍身
值得牺牲你的朋友吗?
-Hiro: No, stop!
不,停下!
-Ando: Unh! Did you do this? Did you cut me?
啊!你做的?你割我脖子?
-Hiro: No! It was her! She’s the villain. She cut you.
不是!是她弄的!她才是坏人。是她弄伤你的。
-Ando: And you let her!
那你就让她割啊!
-Hiro: Don’t worry, the plan is solid.
solid: 结实的,稳定的
别担心,计划是可靠的。
-Ando: You mean the one that just failed?
你的意思那就是失败了?
-Hiro: I put a tracking device under the ribbon of the medallion.
track: 跟踪,追踪 device: 装置,设备,器具 ribbon: 带,缎带,丝带 medallion: (状似大奖状的)项链垂饰
我在奖章的缎带上放了追踪装置。
-Ando: When? I didn’t see you do that?
啥时候放的?我咋没看见?
-Hiro: I stop time and teleport. I do many things that you don’t see.
teleport: (心灵学用语)心灵运输(物体、人)
我停止时间和心灵传输的时候。我做很多事你都没注意。
-Ando: Why didn’t you tell me the whole plan?
你干嘛不告诉我全部计划?
-Hiro: Because I didn’t trust you.
因为我不相信你。
-Ando: Enough, Hiro! I’m just Ando.
够了,Hiro!我只是Ando。
-Hiro: I’ve got her! We will get the other half of the formula before she does. Come on, Ando. The game is afoot!
afoot: 准备中,进行中
我找到她了!我们会在她之前拿到另一半配方。来吧,Ando。游戏才开始!
-Suresh: Unh! Oh. What's happend to me?
啊!哦。我怎么了?
-Matt: Hello. Oh, god, I'm going insane.
insane: 精神病的,精神失常的,疯狂的
你好。哦,天哪,我要疯了。
-Usutu: That plant there. It will give you water.
这有植物。它会给你提供水分。
-Matt: Unh! Oh! Thank you, turtle! You saved my life.
turtle: 海龟
啊!哦!谢谢,海龟!你救了我的命。
-Usutu: Why are you talking to a turtle?
为什么你要跟个海龟说话?
-Matt: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Usutu: You come from America.
你从美国来。
-Matt: Yes. How did you...
是,你怎么...
-Usutu: You know Britney Spears?
你知道布兰妮·斯皮尔斯吗?
-Matt: No.
不。
-Usutu: She's from America.
她也是美国人。
-Matt: Yeah, yeah. America's a big place.
对,对。美国很大的。
-Usutu: Yes. Africa is too.
对。非洲也是。
-Matt: Africa.
非洲。
-Usutu: Come. We walk.
来吧。跟我走吧。
-Matt: Walk? Walk? Yeah, hmm. Your cell. I gotta use your cell. I gotta call home.
走路?走路?哦,恩。你的电话。用下你电话,电话。我要打电话回家。
-Usutu: No service here. Should've gone with Sprint.
Sprint: 斯普林特(财富500强公司之一,总部所在地美国,主要经营电讯)
这儿不在服务区。这没斯普林特通信公司。
-Matt: Listen to me. It's very important that I get back to America. You gotta help me get back.
听我说。我一定要回美国,这很重要。你得帮我。
-Usutu: No, you will stay. You must spirit walk for many miles.
不,你要留下。你得凭自己的意志走下去。
-Matt: Spirit walk? No, no, no, no! No, I was sent here against my will. I have to find out why.
against: (表示态度)反对,反抗 will: 决断,意图,决心 find out: 发现,看穿,揭发
凭意志走下去?不,不,不!不,我不是自愿被送过来的。我要找出原因。
-Usutu: Be patient, Parkman.
patient: 忍耐的,有耐心的
耐心点,Parkman。
-Matt: How do you know my name?
你怎么知道我的名字?
-Usutu: It's not right that you're here. Not right at all. Tells me the future is not as I have painted it.
你不应该出现在这里。一点都不。告诉我未来不像我画的那样。
-Matt: The future? Wait, are you the one that painted that rock back there? How do you know the future?
未来?等等,那块石头上面的画是你画的?你是怎么知道未来的?
-Usutu: Keep walking, Parkman.
继续走,Parkman。
-Matt: Walking. Hey!
走。嘿!
-Claire: Dad? Thank god you're home.
爸爸?谢天谢地,你终于回来了。
-Bennet: I was so worried about you. You all right?
我很担心你。你还好吗?
-Claire: No. But I'm better now.
不好。不过现在好多了。
You're not staying, are you?
你还要走,是吗?
-Bennet: Something's happened. Something that I can't ignore.
ignore: 不顾,不理,忽视
出了点事。我不得不管。
-Mr Linderman: You made the right choice, my boy.
你做的对,孩子。
-Nathan: Taking your rook?
rook: 车
吃了你的车?
-Mr Linderman: Taking the senate seat.
去做参议员。
-Nathan: It's gonna be different this time. I'm not gonna let you manipulate me. I'm the one making the decisions. I'm the one in control.
manipulate: 熟练控制
这一次不一样了。我不会让你再支配我。我会自己拿主意。我来对自己负责。
-Mr Linderman: Of course you are.
当然由你来。
-Nurse: Mr. Petrelli, it's late. You need your rest.
Petrelli先生,很晚了。你该休息了。
-Nathan: Can't you see I'm in the middle of a heated game?
没看到我还在忙着下棋吗?
-Nurse: You're playing yourself?
你一个人玩?
-Nathan: I'm obviously playing mister...
显然我是在跟...
-Mr Linderman: She can't see me, Nathan. No one can. Except you. Did I not mention that?
except: 把…除外,除了 mention: 提到,说起
她看不到我,Nathan。没人看得到。除了你。我没跟你说过吗?
Now, whose turn was it again?
那现在该轮到谁了?
-Bennet: Some people are just evil. That's their nature.
evil: 邪恶,罪恶,祸害
有些人很邪恶。这就是他们的本性。
His name is Knox. He can absorb a person's fear and turn it into his own strength. Incredible strength.
absorb: 吸收 fear: 害怕,恐惧 turn into: (使)变成 strength: 力,力量,体力,力气incredible: 难以置信的,不可思议的,惊人的
他叫Knox。他可以吸取别人的恐惧并将其转换成自己的能量。惊人的能量。
This guy is a flame thrower. We call this guy the German. He can control magnetic energy. And this guy, Jesse.
flame: 火焰,火舌 throw: 投,掷,抛 magnetic: 有磁性的,有吸引力的 energy: 能,能量,能源
这个是个火焰手。我们叫这个人德国佬。他可以控制磁能量。还有这个人,Jesse。
You don't want to know. Let's just say they could destroy us all.
你不会想知道的。他们可以毁掉我们。
You know, even before you were ever born, I've been finding these people and locking them away so they can't do any harm.
lock away: 把…锁藏起来
你知道,在你出生之前,我就一直在搜寻他们然后把他们关起来,以免他们为非作歹。
And now a dozen of them have escaped. They're out there.
a dozen of: 一打 escape: 逃脱,逃跑
现在他们逃了。他们出来了。
And they will kill, and they will terrorize, and they will conspire, and they will cause unimaginable destruction to the world.
terrorize: 恐吓 conspire: 密谋,搞阴谋 cause: 成为…的原因,导致 unimaginable: 无法想象的 destruction: 破坏,毁灭,消灭
他们会杀人,恐吓,密谋,会对世界造成难以想象的破坏。
They're villains, Claire. And right now I'm one of the only people on the planet that knows enough to stop them. That's why I can't stay.
right now: 现在
他们是一帮罪犯,Claire。现在只有我知道如何才能阻止他们。所以我必须得走。
-Claire: Then let me come with you. I can be your partner.
partner: 伙伴,同伙,合伙人
那我跟你一起去。我可以帮你。
-Bennet: Claire...
Claire...
-Claire: I can help.
我可以帮忙。
I helped save New York City! You were there. You saw it. I was willing to shoot Peter with your gun when you couldn't do it.
shoot: 射击
在纽约的时候我也帮上忙的!你也在那。你看到的。在你不能开枪的时候是我拿枪射了Peter。
-Bennet: That's exactly the kind of situation I can't put you in again. I am doing this so you don't have to.
situation: 形势,情况 put in: 使处于某种状态
我不能再让你陷入这种境地。我去做,你就可以不用做了。
-Claire: And what if somebody comes here? What if somebody comes after me, and mom and Lyle?
如果有人来怎么办?有人追杀我、妈妈,还有Lyle怎么办?
-Bennet: I've thought about that. And I've called someone to help out while I'm gone.
help out: 帮助,帮助…出来 while: 在…期间,当…的时候,与…同时
我也想到这一点了。我找了人在我离开的这段时间照顾你们。
-Claire: What's going on?
发生什么事了?
-Sandra: You have a lot of questions, Claire. As adoptive parents, there's only so many we can answer.
adoptive: 收养的,有收养关系的
你问题很多,Claire。作为养父母,我们能回答的也只有这么多了。
-Claire: Mom?
妈妈?
-Bennet: She's here to make sure you all stay safe. You're in good hands.
in good hands: 得到很好的照顾
她来确保你的安全。你们会没事的。
-Peter: Sylar.
Sylar。
-Angela: What are you doing here?
你在这儿干嘛?
-Peter: Where is he? Where'd they go?
他在哪儿?他们去哪儿了?
-Angela: Escaped.
跑了。
-Peter: That's not possible. That never happened.
这不可能。绝对不可能。
-Angela: It's the butterfly effect, Peter. Just like I told you.
butterfly effect: 蝴蝶效应 [蝴蝶效应是指在一个系统中,初始条件下微小的变化经过传递、分化、整合和放大,能带动整个系统的出现巨大的连锁反应]
这就是蝴蝶效应,Peter。正如我告诉过你的。
-Peter: I put him here to keep him safe. I put him in the body of the guy in that cell! Right there!
cell: 单人牢房
我把他带到这里来是为了保护他。我让他附在牢房里的那家伙的身上!就在那里!
-Angela: Jesse! You're gonna figure out where my son is and you're gonna bring him back here. You understand me?
figure out: 解决,弄明白 bring back: 带回(某人或某物),还回(某物)
Jesse!你要查出我儿子的下落然后把他带回这里。听懂我的意思吗?
And then go the hell back where you came from!
从哪儿来回哪儿去吧!
-Nathan: This is Nathan Petrelli. Leave a message.
我是Nathan Petrelli。有事儿请留言。
-Peter: Nathan, I don't even know if you're alive or not. But if you get this, you need to look out for someone who looks just like me.
look out: 当心,警惕
Nathan,我不知道你现在是死是活。要是你能收到这通留言,你一定得当心某个跟我长得一模一样的人。
He's got a scar on his face, and I think it's me from the...
scar: 伤痕,伤疤
他脸上有疤,我想应该是来自未来的...
-Knox: Come on. Our ride is here.
快点。车来了。
-Flame Thrower: Shh.
嘘。
-Woman:Unh!
啊!
-Peter: What are you doing?
你在干嘛?
-German: Just having a little fun, that's all.
that’s all: 没有别的了,仅此而已
就是想找点儿乐子,仅此而已。
-Knox: You coming? It's now or never.
你来了?现在不来,以后也别来了。
-Angela: My sons have been such a disappointment.
disappointment: 失望,沮丧
我的儿子们真的很让人失望。
But you, I can give you what all boys crave from their mothers. Inspiration and guidance, comfort. Isn't that right, Gabriel?
crave: 渴望,热望,恳求,请求 inspiration: 鼓舞人心 guidance: 指导,引导 comfort: 舒适,安慰
而你,我能给你一位母亲所能给予她的孩子的一切。激励还有指引,安慰。不是吗,Gabriel?
-Sylar: My name is Sylar. And you are not my mother.
我叫Sylar。你不是我母亲。
-Angela: But I am, dear. I am.
dear: 亲爱的
但我真的是,宝贝儿。我是。



评 论



