Season 4, Episode 04: ACCEPTANCE (The Pilot)
[Previously on heroes]
英雄前情提要
-Nathan: There's a lot of change going on with me.
change: 变化 going on: 发生
我身上正发生着很多变化
-Peter’s mom: Really?
真的吗
-Nathan: It's like, when I look back on my life, it just seems like it's not my life I’m lookingback on.
look back on: 回顾回想
就好像,当我回过头看自己的生活时看到的却不是自己的过去
-Peter’s mom: It's a mid-life crisis. That's all this is.
mid-life: 中年 crisis: 危机
不过是中年危机而已
-Nathan: Pete, it's me again.
Pete还是我
I have left you three messages.
message: 消息信息
我留了三条信息了
You need to call me.
打给我
Something's happening to me,
我身上发生着某些变化
And I think you're the only person who's going to understand what it is.
understand: 了解
我觉得你是唯一能向我解释这一切的人
-Mr. Bennett: For years, I put my job ahead of my family.
ahead: 在…的前面
多少年了我一直以工作为重忽略了家庭
Now I’m eating cereal for dinner,
cereal: 麦片粥 dinner: 晚餐
我吃着谷类食品的晚餐
And a strange man is answering my wife's phone.
strange: 陌生的
我的妻子在跟陌生男人通话
That's no way to live.
生活不该如此
-Peter: So what did we win?
那么我们得到了什么
A compass
compass: 指南针
一个指南针
-Mr. Bennett: A broken compass.
broken: 弄坏的
破损的指南针
-Hiro: You can never change the past. It's bad.
你无法改变过去那样很不好
-Samuel: If you want to change one thing that's all you do.
如果是你的话就可以改变 你可以做到
-Hiro: I went back to carnival.
carnival: 嘉年华会
我回到嘉年华了!
Fourteen years ago! Where all it started!
14年前! 一切的源头!
I’m the reason you fell in love!
fall in love: 陷入爱河
你们得以相恋是因为我!
That is my mission.
mission: 任务使命
这就是我的使命
I must go back and un-do the wrongs…I have committed in my life.
un-do: 弥补 committed: 犯
我必须回到过去弥补我从前犯下的过失
-Ando: But Hiro you’re dying.
dying: 垂死的
但是Hiro 你快死了
And you still can’t control your power.
control: 克制控制 power: 力量
而且你还不能控制你的能力
-Mr. Bennett: What if I could make it so that Danko wasn't interested in you anymore?
interested in: 对…有兴趣的 anymore: 不再
如果我能让Danko不再对你有兴趣呢
-Tracy: Why do you want to do this for me?
为什么这么对我
-Mr. Bennett: Maybe we're both looking for redemption.
looking for: 寻找 redemption: 救赎
或许因为我们都在寻找救赎
-Tracy: I want my old life back.
我想回到过去的生活
I go back to my apple martinis and overpaid lobbyists.
apple: 苹果 martinis: 马提尼酒 overpaid: 超额支付 lobbyists【美国英语】:说客
我重新回到了那些政客和有钱的说客身边
[WASHINGTON, D.C.]
华盛顿特区
[Song:
Seeing that you're still here.
我看见你依然在此地
Here.
在此地
It's not me, no.
那不是我不是
It's my bad body double.
double: 替身
只是我不完美的替身而已
I got bad body double trouble.
trouble: 麻烦困扰
我有一个不完美的替身
Oh no.
噢不
My bad body double.
我坏坏的替身
I've got bad body double trouble.
经常惹麻烦的替身
Bad body double.
不完美的替身
I've got bad body double trouble.
我有一个爱惹祸的替身
Oh dear.
噢亲爱的
My bad body double.
我坏坏的替身
I've got bad body double trouble.
我有一个并不完美的替身
She's trouble.
她是祸水
She's trouble.
她是祸水
She's trouble.
她是祸水
She's trouble.
她是祸水
She's trouble.
她是祸水
She's trouble.
她是祸水
All right.
好吧
Yeah yeah right there.
就在那里
Everywhere I go everywhere I go]
在我所到之处所到之处
-Malden: Excuse me.
失陪一下
Tracy Is that you
Tracy 是你么
-Tracy: Hello, governor. I am back.
governor: 地方长官
你好州长
[YAMAGATO公司东京日本]
-Kimico: I need to speak to you.
我想跟你谈谈
-Hiro: What did I do now?
我又怎么了
-Kimico: Nothing, I just want to talk
没事谈谈而已
You and I never been close Hiro.
never: 从不 close: 亲近的
Hiro 我们总是很疏离
I’ve always taken life more seriously than you.
seriously: 认真地
我在更努力地生活
You were always…
你总是
-Hiro: Not serious?
serious: 严肃的庄重的
游戏人间
-Kimico: Exactly
exactly: 完全正确的
确实
But now that we’re adults, it’s time for a change.
adults: 成年人
成年人得有成年人的活法
We’re all the left of the Nakamuras.
我们都是中村的后代
-Hiro: Why are we talking about this now?
talking about: 谈论
怎么提起这个
-Kimico: Because…
因为
Ando and I are…getting married!
getting married: 结婚
我和Ando,要结婚了!
-Hiro: Wow! So soon
soon: 很快
哇这么快
-Kimico: What do you mean?
mean: 意欲意思
啥意思
We’ve been dating since high school.
dating: 约会
我们从高中就相恋了呀
-Hiro: Right Of course
对哦当然
Congratulations. I’m so happy for you!
congratulations: 恭喜
恭喜真为你高兴
-Kimico: It would be my honor if give my way at our wedding.
honor: 荣誉 wedding: 婚礼
如果是您将我领入教堂我会很荣幸的
-Hiro: And my honor as well
as well: 也
也是我的荣幸
-Kimico: Ando, good news
news: 新闻消息
Ando 好事哦
Hiro said “Yes”!
Hiro答应了
-Ando: You told Kimiko…that you’d give her way at our wedding.
你答应Kimico领她进教堂
-Hiro: Yes, You owe me one.
owe: 欠
是啊你欠我个人情
-Ando: The wedding is over a year away.
away: 远离离开
婚礼可是在一年后
You may not be here.
你过不来怎么办
You maybe…Gone
maybe: 也许
你可能 已经去了
-Hiro: Which remind me?
remind: 提醒
提醒我了
I just thought a new entry for my bucket list!
entry: 登记 bucket list: 遗愿清单 bucket: 存储桶 list: 目录名单
我的遗愿清单又得添上一笔
-Ando: Forget the list Hiro.
别提那个清单了Hiro
-Hiro: No
不
I must un-do all the wrong…I have committed in my life!
un-do: 弥补 commit: 犯
我要弥补我一生犯下的大错
It is my mission.
mission: 任务使命
这是我的使命
-Ando: You have a mission but no mission control.
control: 控制
你是有使命但你无法一一弥补
Floating through time is killing you!
floating: 浮动的【这里指时空穿梭】 through: 经过穿过
虚幻度日会害死你的
You need to accept reality.
accept: 接受 reality: 现实实际
接受现实吧
You’re dying. It’s time to tell Kimiko the truth.
truth: 真相事实
你快死了告诉Kimico真相吧
-Hiro: It’s the Dial-A-Hero line!
dial: 拨号 hero: 英雄 line: 线热线
英雄热线来了
Dial-A-Hero How may we save you today.
save: 解救 today: 今天
英雄热线为您效劳
-Tadashi: My name’s Tadashi.
我叫铃木
I’m on the roof at 614 Kaminaka Street
roof: 屋顶 street: 街道
我在上中大街614号楼顶
I’m gonna jump.
gonna:(美)将要=going to
我准备跳楼
-Hiro: 614 Kaminaka Street.
上中大街614号
That’s here!
就是这嘛
I’ll be right here!
我马上到!
Hold down the fort!
hold down: 保持 fort: 要塞
你守在这里
I’ll be right back!
我去去就回
Don’t jump!
jump: 跳
别跳啊!
-Tadashi: You scared me half of death!
scare: 惊吓 half of death: 半死
你吓死我了!
-Hiro: Sorry! I come to rescue you!
rescue: 援救拯救
对不起,我是来救你的!
-Tadashi: Too late for heroics
heroics: 装腔作势的演说和行为
想做英雄 你来晚了
My life is over!
over: 结束
我的生命将终结于此
-Hiro: So why did you call?
call: 呼叫打电话
那为什么还打电话
-Tadashi: Because…I need a witness.
witness: 目击者证人
因为我需要一个见证人
So people will know why I’m gone.
gone: go的过去分词消逝
这样人们才会明白我为什么自杀
-Hiro: I know you
我知道你
You work in accounting, right?
work: 工作 accounting: 会计
你是会计吧
-Tadashi: Not anymore.
anymore: 不再
现在不是了
I was fired a month ago.
fire: 解雇
一个月前我被解雇了
-Hiro: So why are you still here?
still: 仍然
那为什么你还在这里
-Tadashi: I sneaked back into the building.
sneak: 偷偷摸摸进入
我又偷偷潜回了大楼
I was too ashamed…to tell anyone the truth.
ashamed: 愧疚害臊
我深感耻辱不敢告诉别人真相
Every morning I’d get up.
get up: 起床
每天照常起床
Get dressed…and pretend to go to work.
dressed: 整理 pretend: 假装
洗漱假装去上班
-Hiro: It is not shameful to lose a job.
shameful: 可耻的
不过是解雇没什么大不了的
-Tadashi: In my case it is.
case: 情形情况
对我而言这是奇耻大辱
I was fired for inappropriate behavior.
inappropriate: 不适当的 behavior: 行为
我是因为不良行为被解雇的
-Hiro: What did you do?
你做了什么
-Tadashi: I guess it all started…at last year’s end party.
guess: 猜测
一切是从去年的年终晚会开始的
I drank too much sake, wound up near the 6th floor copy machine.
sake: 清酒 wound up: 兴奋的 copy: 复印 machine: 机器
我喝多了在6楼的复印机上
And…I copied
还…复印了我的
-Hiro: Your…butt?
butt: 屁股
你的 屁股
That’s not so bad. I’ve done things…
也不是太糟糕嘛我还干过
-Tadashi: When my family heard why I was fired, they were so ashamed
ashamed: 惭愧害臊
如果家里知道我是因为这个被解雇的他们会以我为耻
-Hiro: What if I…could go back to the past…and an-do your mistake?
an-do: 改正 mistake: 错误
如果 我能够回到过去让这一切从未发生
-Tadashi: It’s impossible.
impossible: 不可能
别说笑了
Good-bye
再见了
-Hiro: Wait, I can help
等等我真的能帮你!
-Nathan: I’m back.
我回来了
-Peter’s mom: Nathan.
Nathan
-Nathan: Mom.
妈妈
What brings you to D.C.?
bring: 带来
怎么来华盛顿了
You cleaning out the garage
cleaning out: 打扫干净 garage: 车库
您在清理车库
-Peter’s mom: Yes, as a matter of fact.
as a matter of fact: 事实上
正是如此
Here, come look.
过来看看
Just what the doctor ordered: A trip down memory lane.
order: 命令 trip: 旅行 memory: 记忆 lane: 胡同
遵循医生的建议让我们来次记忆旅行吧
Last we spoke you said something about looking back on your life and it feeling likesomeone else's
looking back: 回头看
上一次你说你感觉当你回顾自己的生活时感觉如同局外人一般
Well, Nathan, This is your life.
Nathan 这就是你的生活
-Nathan: Gee, mom, you didn't really have to do that.
gee: 惊讶时发出的声音
妈妈您其实不必如此
Yeah, I don't recognize any of this stuff.
recognize: 认出 stuff: 东西
好吧我不认得这些东西了
-Peter’s mom: Well, of course you do. Come on, pick something up.
pick up: 挑选
你会想起来的来吧随便选样东西
-Nathan: Ma, really, I got to...
妈妈说真的我得
-Peter’s mom: Here.
这个
Used to be your favorite toy
used to: 过去常常 favorite: 最喜欢的 toy: 玩具
曾经是你最喜欢的玩具
[Midnight at the oasis]
midnight: 午夜 oasis: 绿洲
午夜的绿洲
[Send your camel to bed]
send: 送 camel: 骆驼
将你的骆驼送至床边
-Nathan: Uncle Tim bought this for me when we took that trip up the coast.
trip: 旅行 coast: 海岸海滨
这是我们在海边旅行的时候 Tim叔叔买给我的
I was in the back seat of the car.
seat: 位子
我坐在汽车后座
-Peter’s mom: That's when you decided you wanted to be a fighter pilot.
decide: 决定 fighter: 战士 pilot: 飞行员
就是那时你想当一名战斗机飞行员
You remember?
记得么
-Nathan: Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday.
我记得恍如发生在昨日一样
Literally
literally: 确实的
历历在目
-Peter’s mom: Is there something wrong, Nathan?
有什么不对吗Nathan
-Nathan: No, everything's fine.
没没事
-Malden: Come on, what happened to you?
出什么事了
I mean, it feels like you fell off the face of the earth.
fell off: 落下
你好像从人间蒸发了一样
-Tracy: it was family.
家里出了点状况
Oh. It was a family crisis.
crisis: 危机
哦家庭危机
It was complicated and dramatic, and it's behind me.
complicated: 复杂的 dramatic: 戏剧化的
很复杂很突然而且我被蒙在鼓里
-Malden: So, you're back.
所以你回来了
-Tracy: I’m back. And I’m looking for work.
looking for: 寻找
我回来了正在找工作
-Malden: Not anymore, you're not.
anymore: 不再
不用找了
I can use you back in New York.
use back: 重新使用
我可以在纽约重新起用你
That is, if you're willing to come work for me.
willing: 愿意的
只要你愿意回来为我工作
-Tracy: I'd be a fool to turn it down.
fool: 愚人 turn down: 拒绝
那我就却之不恭了
-Malden: Terrific.
terrific: 极好的
好极了
-Tracy: So what's going on?
going on: 发生
说吧需要我做什么
-Malden: I could use your help to ease some legislation through the mine fields
ease: 缓和 legislation: 立法 mine: 矿 fields: 域
我想让你帮我疏通一下矿业立法的关节
You know, cut a few corners, charm a few regulators.
cut: 减少 corner: 困境 charm: 吸引 regulators: 调整者
简化一些手续,迷惑一些官员
It's right up your alley, Trace.
alley: 小路巷
这是你的拿手好戏Trace
Right, baby
对么宝贝
-Tracy: Not a problem, governor.
problem: 问题 governor: 州长
包在我身上州长
-Malden: Have dinner with me tonight.
dinner: 晚餐 tonight: 今天晚上
今晚与我共进晚餐吧
We can discuss the particulars.
discuss: 讨论 particulars: 细节
我们讨论一下细节
So happy to have my tiger lady back
tiger: 精力旺盛的人 lady: 女士
真高兴我的得力干将又回来了
-Mr. Bennett: Peter.
Peter
-Peter: Hey, Noah, you got a minute?
嗨Noah能和你谈谈么
-Mr. Bennett: Sure, come on in. I thought you wanted nothing to do with me.
当然进来吧我还以为你不想跟我扯上关系
-Peter: I need to show you something.
我要给你看些东西
-Mr. Bennett: That's a very nice arm.
arm: 手臂
一条不错的手臂
-Peter: No, it... there was a tattoo.
tattoo: 纹身
不这里本来有一个刺青
Right here I noticed it last night.
notice: 注意
就在这里我昨天晚上发现的
-Mr. Bennett: Mystery tattoo?
mystery: 神秘
神秘刺青
-Peter: No, it was a compass.
compass: 指南针罗盘
不是一个指南针
Just like the one that you pulled out of the safe deposit box.
pull: 拉 safe deposit box: 保险箱 safe: 安全的 deposit: 存款 box: 箱子
跟你从保险箱里拿出来的那个一模一样
-Mr. Bennett: Mystery compass tattoo.
神秘的指南针刺青
-Peter: I know where you're going, Noah. And I’m not seeing things. It was there.
我知道你的意思 Noah我没骗你它确实出现了
I thought you'd help me...
我以为你会帮我
-Mr. Bennett: I don't know, what we are going to do, though, Peter.
我不知道我们又能怎么办 Peter
Seriously, are we going to go on the road?
seriously: 认真的 road: 大马路
说真的难道要去大马路上
And search for this speedy guy with the knives,
search for: 搜查 speedy: 敏捷的 guy: 家伙 knives: 刀子刀具
四处去找一个耍刀的超速男
And uncover some giant conspiracy?
uncover: 揭露 giant: 巨大的 conspiracy: 阴谋
好揭发一项惊天大阴谋
-Peter: Not particularly. You want to get cut up again?
particularly: 特别尤其 want: 希望 cut up: 切碎
不一定你难道还想被砍吗
-Mr. Bennett: No, I don't. That's what I’m telling you, I’m not up for it.
up for: 打算
不我不想正因如此我不想管了
That's all.
all: 全部
就这样
-Peter: Got it.
got it: 了解
我明白了
So what am I doing here?
我还来这里做什么
Sorry to bother you, Noah.
bother: 烦扰
不好意思打扰了Noah
-Mr. Bennett: Oh, not at all. Any time
not at all: 没关系
没关系再见
-Peter: Claire
Claire
-Claire: What are you doing here?
你怎么来了
-Peter: I, uh... I had to ask your dad a question.
我 我有事问你爸爸
He was helping me ear my head up, but...
ear:耳朵 head: 头
他曾经抹过我的记忆不过
I’m good.
现在没事了
I got to go.
我得走了
I, uh, I got to be at work in ten minutes.
我呃我十分钟后还有工作
-Claire: Ten minutes? You live in New York City.
十分钟 你住在纽约呢
New power
power: 能力
新能力
-Peter: Ask your father about it.
about: 关于
问你父亲吧
-Mr. Bennett: Just a, uh, fishing expedition.
fishing: 钓鱼 expedition: 探险【这里指小小的试探】
他不过是在呃试探而已
Doesn't amount to anything and it's over.
amount to: 相当于 over: 结束
这并不意味着什么而且已经结束了
Can I get you something to eat?
我给你做点吃的吧
A bowl of cereal
bowl: 碗 cereal: 麦片粥
一碗谷类食物
-Kimico: Ando, good news
Ando 好事哦
Hiro said “Yes”!
Hiro答应了
-Ando: You told Kimiko…that you’d give her way at our wedding.
wedding: 婚礼
你答应Kimico领她进教堂
-Hiro: uh…Yes
呃,对啊
-Ando: What’s on your face?
你脸上沾了什么
-Hiro: Toner ink. Have you seen Tadashi?
toner: 墨粉 ink: 墨水
墨水,看的铃木没
-Ando: I’m talking you a very important subject.
important: 重要 subject: 主题
我们在说正事呢
Who’s Tadashi?
谁是铃木
-Hiro: It’s not important.
这不是重点
What’s important is I went back in time
in time: 及时
重点是我及时回来了
I stopped Tadashi from copying his butt.
stop from doing: 阻止 copy: 复印 butt: 屁股
我阻止铃木复印他的屁股
Now, he’s back at his job
他又回来工作了
Not on the roof anymore
roof: 屋顶 anymore: 不再
不在楼顶了
I’m going to check on him.
check on: 检查
我去看看他
-Ando: wait
等等
You need to accept reality
accept: 接受 reality: 现实
你得接受现实
It's time to tell Kimiko the truth.
truth: 真相
该告诉Kimiko真相了
-Hiro: It’s the Dial-A-Hero line!
dial: 拨号 hero: 英雄 line: 线热线
英雄热线来了
Dial-A-Hero How may we save you today.
save: 解救
英雄热线为您效劳
-Tadashi: My name’s Tadashi.
我叫铃木
I’m on the roof at 614 Kminaka Street.
roof: 屋顶 street: 街道
我在上中大街614号楼顶
I’m gonna jump.
gonna:(美)将要=going to
我准备跳楼
-Hiro: Tadashi.
Tadashi
Don’t jump!
别跳啊!
-Tadashi: You scared me half of death!
scare: 惊吓 half of death: 半死
你吓死我了!
-Hiro: Sorry!
对不起
-Tadashi: I have bought shame on my family name my life is over
shame: 羞愧
我给我的家族蒙羞了我算是完了
-Hiro: No!This shouldn’t be happening again!
这不应该再发生的啊
I fixed it.
fix: 解决
我及时挽救了呀
-Tadashi: You what?
你什么
-Hiro: Just tell me how this happened.
这怎么发生的
-Tadashi: Well I guess it all began…when I made a certain photocopy…
guess: 猜测 certain: 某一个 photocopy: 复印件
一切是从我复印了一个
-Hiro: But you didn’t, I went to the year end party…and stopped you!
end: 结束 party: 舞会 stop: 阻止
你没有啊, 我去了那个年终晚会阻止了你
-Tadashi: It wasn’t at the year end party.
不是在年终晚会上
It was the Emperor’s Birthday celebration.
emperor: 天皇 birthday: 生日 celebration: 庆典
是天皇的生辰庆典
-Hiro: You mean you copied your butt anyway?
copy: 复印 butt: 屁股 anyway: 不管怎样
你还是复印了你的屁股
Why would you do that?
干嘛那样啊
-Tadashi: What are you talking about? It was humiliating!
humiliating: 丢脸的
你在说什么, 太耻辱了
-Hiro: And that was just the tip of the iceberg…
tip: 尖端 iceberg: 冰山
小事一桩而已
I know, I know, Let me help you!
了解了解,我来帮你
-Tadashi: It’s too late for heroics
heroics: 装腔作势的豪言壮语
想做英雄 你来晚了
Good-bye
再见了
-Hiro: Wait, I can help
等等我真的能帮你!
-Peter: Val, before you put that in, the guy didn't tell us he was diabetic.
put in: 输入 diabetic: 糖尿病患者
Val 你录入资料前那家伙没告诉我们他有糖尿病吧
-Nathan: Pete.
Pete
I left you three messages.
message: 消息
我给你留了三条语音信息
-Peter: I’m so sorry, man, I’m so sorry.
真不好意思伙计不好意思
I've been slammed. Are you okay?
slammed: 猛击
我快累死了你还好吗
-Nathan: Yeah, I need to talk to you.
嗯我得跟你谈谈
-Peter: Can it wait?
能等等吗
-Nathan: Five minutes.
五分钟就好
-Peter: So what's up?
what's up: 发生了什么事
怎么了
Whoa! When did that start happening?
whoa: 惊叹声
喔!你什么时候会的
-Nathan: A couple days ago
couple: 数个
几天前
I’m like a Swiss army knife of superpowers now. It's a new power every day.
Swiss: 瑞士人的 army: 军队 knife: 刀 superpower: 超级能力 power: 能力
我现在就像是个充满超能力的瑞士军刀每天都有新的能力
-Peter: Guess it runs in the family.
guess: 猜想 run: 延续 family: 家族
大概是家族遗传吧
-Nathan: Yeah, but there's something else
else: 其他的
是的但还有其他事
-Peter: What?
什么
-Nathan: I’m seeing things, Peter.
我看见一些事Peter
Memories Images Memories, but they're not my memories.
memories: 记忆 images: 图像
记忆图像记忆但不是我自己的记忆
Not exactly
exactly: 完全的
这样说也不确切
I'll touch something, and... It’s freaking me out.
touch: 接触 freak out: 崩溃
我一摸到某些东西就 我快抓狂了
-Peter: Uh, I've read about this.
呃我读到过这方面的东西
It's called psychometrics.
psychometrics: 心理测试
被称作心理测验
It has something to do with seeing the history of an object, where it's been, what it'sexperienced.
history: 历史 object: 物体 experience: 经历 have to do with: 与……有关
这与你看到的这件东西的经历有关它在哪儿出现过经历过什么之类的
-Nathan: So what I’m seeing, it's real?
real: 实际的
那么我看到的东西都是真实存在的
-Peter: Possibly. I don't know, why? What are you seeing?
possibly: 也许
也许吧我不知道为什么这样问你看到了什么
-Nathan: You remember Kelly Houston?
你记不记得Kelly Houston
-Peter: Kelly Houston.
Kelly Houston
Before or after she ran away and broke your heart
ran away: 离开 broke: 打破
在她伤透你的心接着逃走之前还是之后
-Nathan: I don't think she ran away, Pete.
我不觉得她是逃走了Pete
I really don't. I touched my old baseball hat, and I got a flood of images of her and me in apool.
touch: 接触 baseball: 棒球 a flood of: 一大批 flood: 大量的 image: 图像 pool: 水塘
我真的不觉得我摸到我的旧棒球帽 然后我看到一系列我们在水池边的画面
I know how all of this must sound.
我知道这一切听起来很诡异
But she was dead, and there was blood everywhere.
dead: 死的 blood: 血血液
但她死了到处都是血
-Peter: You think somebody killed her?
你认为有人杀了她
-Nathan: I don't know.
我不知道
If what I’m seeing is real, then yeah.
如果我看到的都是真实发生的那么是的
-Peter: What would you do?
你会怎么做
Then you got to find the truth. Go by the house.
你要到她家去, 找到真相
I mean her mother still lives there, right?
我的意思是她妈还住在那里是吧
-Nathan: Millie?
Millie
-Peter: Yeah. Okay.
没错,好的
You want me to go with you?
要我跟你一起吗
-Nathan: No, it's my mess.
mess: 困境
不用了这是我的事
I'll clean it up.
clean up: 清除
我会搞定的
-Mr. Bennett: Tell me the truth, Claire.
说实话吧Claire
Why are you here? You checking up on the old man?
check up on: 检查
你为什么会过来你是来突击检查老男人的
-Claire: No. Can't a daughter just drop on her father unannounced?
drop in on: 顺便拜访 unannounced: 未经宣布的
才不是难道女儿没通知老爸就不能来看他了吗
I worry about you.
我担心你嘛
Since mom's gone and the company's not around, you just seem plan-less.
gone: 消逝 company: 公司 around: 在周围 seem: 似乎 plan-less: 毫无计划
自从妈妈走后公司也没了你就变得毫无计划
You always have a plan.
你以前总是很善于做规划的啊
-Mr. Bennett: I’m fine.
我挺好的
-Claire: That "fine" sounds very unconvincing to me. You're not fine
unconvinced: 不信服的
你所谓的好在我听来很没说服力你并不好
You're living off of cereal and Japanese take-out.
live off: 靠…过日子 cereal: 谷类食物 take-out: 外买的
你整天吃的都是谷食和日本餐厅的外卖
-Mr. Bennett: Well, that is a good point. Tonight, I order Italian.
point: 要点 order: 点(菜、饮料等) Italian: 意大利菜
好吧好主意今晚吃意大利菜
-Claire: What about a job?
工作呢
-Mr. Bennett: What about it?
工作怎么啦
-Claire: Well, I know it's a down economy and all, But I’m sure there's something you cando.
down: 向下的 economy: 经济
好吧我知道经济形势不好但你还是能找到一份工作啊
-Mr. Bennett: My particular skills aren't really all that marketable.
particular: 特殊的 skill: 技能 marketable: 销路好的
凭我会的那些东西根本找不到工作啊
-Claire: That is not true.
根本不是
You were middle management of Primatech papers for over 20 years.
middle management: 中层管理人员 management: 管理人员
你在第一科技报纸做中层做了20年
-Mr. Bennett: During which time, my skills consisted of lying to my family, breaking downdoors, bagging and tagging.
during: 在…期间 consist of: 由…组成 break down: 打碎 tag: 标签 bagging and tagging: 捕猎和追踪
与此同时我学会了向家人撒谎破门而入,捕猎和追踪
-Claire: On the plus side, you are a people person.
plus: 附加的 a people person: 正常人
再怎么说你是个正常人嘛
Look. Ooh. Lumber salesman.
lumber: 木材 salesman: 销售员
听着哦,木材销售人员
Minimum five years sales experience
minimum: 最低的最小的 sale: 销售 experience: 经验
至少有五年的销售经验
Ta-da!
挞哒!
-Mr. Bennett: You do know that was a cover, right? I never actually sold anything.
cover: 遮盖物 actually: 实际上
你知道那只是个掩饰对吧事实上我从没卖过任何东西
-Claire: Yes, but you don't have to admit to that.
admit: 承认
话是这么说但你不用坦承这一点啊
Okay, say you're at the interview, and I’m the interviewer, and you're the interviewee.
interview,: 面谈 interviewer: 面谈者 interviewee: 被接见者
这样吧假装你现在在面试我是面试官而你是来面试的
-Mr. Bennett: Oh, are we really...
哦我们真的要
-Claire: Tell me, Mr. Bennett, What do you think your greatest strength as a salesman is?
strength: 长处 salesman: 销售员
告诉我Bennett先生你认为你做一个销售人员最大的优势是什么
-Mr. Bennett: Well, if they won't buy from me, I can always just shoot them.
shoot: 射击
是这样的如果他们不买我的东西我就毙了他们
-Millie: Nathan Petrelli.
Nathan Petrelli
-Nathan: Millie.
Millie
-Millie: What are you doing here?
你来有事吗
-Nathan: Reminiscing about Kelly
reminiscing: 追忆
想起来Kelly了
I happened to be in the neighborhood.
happen to: 碰巧 neighborhood: 在附近
我刚好在这附近
Thought I'd stop by and say hello.
stop by: 顺便拜访 say: 说讲
就想着过来跟您打声招呼
-Millie: That calls for a drink. What can I get you?
drink: 喝酒
是来喝一杯的吧你喝什么
-Nathan: Oh, nothing. I’m fine, thanks.
哦不用了我不喝谢谢
-Millie: Sit down, Nathan.
坐吧Nathan
-Nathan: Thanks.
谢谢
-Millie: Nobody ever talks to me about Kelly.
从来没人跟我说起来过Kelly
Guess they figure it's a sore subject.
guess: 猜测推想 figure: 认为 sore: 痛心的 subject: 主题
可能他们觉得这事太让人伤心了
Truth is, I’m made of sturdier stuff.
sturdier: 强健的健全的 stuff: 材料
事实上我坚强得很
So...?
那么
-Nathan: I was just going through some old things in my office. I started thinking aboutKelly.
go through: 经历
我只是在我办公室里想一些以前的事情然后就想到了Kelly
Got to wondering if you...
wonder: 想知道
想知道您是否
-Millie: If I'd heard from her?
heard from: 接到…的信
我是否有她的消息
Well, I wish I could say that I have.
你不知道我多希望我有她的消息啊
Wish I could say that all this time, she's been living in the south of France.
all this time: 一直以来 south: 南方 France: 法国
我多希望我能告诉你这一段时间她一直住在法国南部
That she became an artist that she has a daughter named Francois.
become: 变成 artist: 艺术家 daughter: 女儿
成为了一个艺术家她还有个女儿名叫Francois
-Nathan: Do you ever wonder if maybe she didn't run away?
ever: 曾经 wonder: 怀疑 run away: 远离离开
您是不是想知道她到底有没有逃跑呢
-Millie: To be perfectly honest, there was a time when I thought maybe you knew morethan you were saying
perfectly: 完全地 honest: 诚实的 t
坦白说有很长一段时间,可能你还有所隐瞒
After all, we were away that weekend, and you were in town, Nathan.
away: 离开
毕竟那个周末我们出城了而你在城里Nathan
And I knew that you and Kelly had been seeing each other.
each other: 互相
我知道你和Kelly一直以来都在约会
I never told your mother, but I hired a private investigator.
never: 从不 hire: 雇请 private: 私人的 investigator: 调查员
我没有告诉你母亲但我雇了个私家侦探
Turns out, you're in the clear.
turns out: 结果是 clear: 澄清的
结果是你是清白的
Kelly, in fact, used her credit card to buy a one-way ticket to London Heathrow
in fact: 事实上 credit card: 信用卡 one-way: 单程的 ticket: 票
而事实上Kelly用她的信用卡买了一张去伦敦希思罗机场的单程机票
Where she claimed her checked baggage and no one has seen or heard from her since.
claim: 要求 check: 检查 baggage: 行李 heard from: 接到…的信
她在那儿办理了手续然后就再也没有人见过她了
-Nathan: You think it's possible something else might have happened, Millie?
possible: 可能的
你觉得她有没有可能发生了其他事Millie
-Millie: Trust me; I've been over this ad nauseam.
ad nauseam: 令人做呕的
相信我我对此烦透了
Kelly was willful and spiteful and full of herself.
willful: 任性的 spiteful: 恶意的
Kelly任性而又自私
Add to that, me not being the most attentive of mothers.
add: 补充说 attentive: 注意的留意的
还有我也没怎么关心她
It's no wonder she ran off.
no wonder: 难怪 ran off: 跑掉
难怪她离开了
I've got a hair, nail and body sculpting thing,
hair: 头发 nail: 指甲 sculpt: 塑造
我约了做头发做指甲和身体护理
And I don't want to be late.
我不想迟到
-Nathan: I understand.
understand: 理解了解
我明白
-Millie: So, you'll show yourself out?
show out: 送…出来
那我不送了
-Nathan: Of course
当然
Here you go. Broke out the good stuff
broke out: 爆发 stuff: 东西
来喽这可是好东西
-Kelly: I've already had too much. And my mom would kill me if she found out.
我已经喝的够多了我妈妈发现了的话会杀了我的
-Nathan: There's no way she'll find out.
她不可能发现
-Kelly: You're right.
你说的对
You know, my folks won't be back until Monday
folks: 亲人
你知道我家人在星期一之前不会回来
-Nathan: Is that an invitation?
invitation: 邀请
这是个邀请吗
-Kelly: Do you want it to be?
你希望是吗
-Nathan: I don't know. You've been drinking. I wouldn't want to take advantage.
take advantage: 占某人的便宜 advantage: 优势
我不知道你喝了酒我不想占你便宜
-Kelly: Don't be such a prude.
prude: 假正经
别装矜持了
You want it, Nathan? Come and get it.
你想要吗Nathan 过来拿吧
Come on, Nathan.
过来啊Nathan
Come and get it.
过来拿啊
-Nathan: You better give me that.
你最好给我
-Kelly: Come and get it.
过来拿啊
Millie 打的电话
-Nathan: Come here. No.
过来不
You wanted to see me?
你想见我
-Peter’s mom: Millie called.
Millie打的电话
Chardonnay
Chardonnay:夏敦埃酒
夏敦埃酒
She said you came to her asking questions about Kelly.
她说你跑到她那里去问关于Kelly的事
Do you have any idea what your trip down memory lane is doing to that poor woman?
trip: 旅行 down: 沿着 memory: 记忆 lane: 小路 poor: 可怜的
你的追忆之旅和那个女人有什么关系吗
Thank you.
谢谢
-Nathan: Kelly didn't disappear. She died.
disappear: 消失 died: 死亡
Kelly没有失踪她死了
I was there.
我当时就在现场
What I want to know is why I can't remember any of it.
我想知道为什么我什么都不记得了
-Peter’s mom: How would I know?
我怎么知道
-Nathan: Because every time there's a secret buried someplace, I find you with shovelbehind your back.
secret: 秘密 buried: 埋葬 someplace: 在某处 shovel: 铲子
因为你会出现在每一处埋有的秘密地方背后拿着一把铲子
-Peter’s mom: You should write mother's day cards.
mother's day: 母亲节 card: 卡片
你真应该去写母亲节的贺卡
-Nathan: I’m going to get to the bottom of this, One way or the other, so you can tell me,or...
bottom: 底部
我要把这件事弄个水落石出用各种方法直到你告诉我或者
-Peter’s mom: Fine, I took care of it. And you don't need know the details.
took care of: 小心照料 detail: 细节
好吧我摆平了那件事你不用知道细节
-Nathan: You made sure I wouldn't remember anything, Didn't you?
你确信我不会记得任何事对吗
-Peter’s mom: You were drunk and foolish, so, yes, I took care of it. All of it
drunk: 喝醉了的 foolish: 愚蠢的 take care of: 负责
你喝醉了做了傻事是我帮你善后收拾烂摊子
I had the Haitian wipe your memory.
Haitian: 海地人 wipe: 消除 memory: 记忆
我让海地人抹去你的记忆
I disposed of her body.
dispose of: 处理
我处理了她的尸体
I bought the plane ticket to London.
plane: 飞机 ticket: 票
我买了到伦敦的机票
-Nathan: It was an accident.
accident: 事故
那只是一个意外
-Peter’s mom: Well, it didn't look like one, dear. So what would you have me do?
但看起来却不像是意外亲爱的那你希望我怎么办
Her death would have ruined your life.
death: 死亡 ruin: 毁坏破坏 life: 生活
她的死会毁了你的生活
-Nathan: I’m just waiting for the part that makes any of this okay.
waiting for: 等待等候 okay: 可以
我无法接受这样的解释
-Peter’s mom: I made a choice to protect my son.
choice: 选择 protect: 保护
我不过是为了保护我的儿子
You want to vilify me for that?
vilify: 诋毁中伤
你想因此而指责我
Fine, I have been vilified for so much less.
vilified: 诽谤中伤 less: 更不用说
没关系我已经被中伤过很多次了
But, please, Nathan, don't destroy you over this.
destroy: 毁坏
但是Nathan 不要为这件事毁了你的生活
-Nathan: So what, you're going to have your old friend Millie
那你就让你的老朋友Millie
Go on believing that her daughter ran away
go on: 继续 believe: 认为相信 ran away: 逃跑
相信她的女儿逃跑了
Because she was a bad mother
因为她是一个很差劲的母亲
-Peter’s mom: Yes, Millie has made her peace with this.
peace: 平静
是的Millie已经很平静地接受这一切了
I suggest you do the same.
我希望你也能接受现实
I'll be in touch.
be in touch: 保持联系
保持联系
-Millie: Did you forget something?
你落下东西了
-Nathan: There's something I need to tell you, Millie,
我有话要说 Millie
And I’m not sure how to do it.
sure: 确信
我不知该如何开口
-Millie: You all right, Nathan?
你没事吧Nathan
-Nathan: Look, I can't tell you how I know this, but I’m not really sure I should.
听着我不能告诉你我是怎么知道这些的我也不确定该不该告诉你
-Millie: What are you talking about?
talking about: 谈论
你想说什么
Say it.
说啊
-Nathan: Kelly didn't run away. She died.
run away: 逃跑 away: 远离
Kelly 没有逃跑她死了
And I was there. It was an accident. And it was my fault.
accident: 事故意外的事 fault: 过失
我当时在场是一个意外是我的错
-Millie: She got a plane.
plane: 飞机
她乘了飞机
-Nathan: There was no plane ticket.
ticket: 票
没有飞机票
She died, Millie.
died: 死亡
她死了Millie
And the whole thing was covered up by my... family.
covered up: 掩盖
而包庇整件事的是我的 家人
-Millie: What kind of twisted, pathetic game are you playing?
twisted: 扭曲的 pathetic: 悲哀的
你到底在玩什么扭曲的苦情游戏
-Nathan: I’m just trying to tell you the truth for once.
try: 试尝试
我只是想把真相告诉你就这一次
-Millie: I think you should leave.
你可以走了
Please.
拜托
Go.
请离开
-Nathan: I’m sorry.
对不起
-Claire: So you never answered the question greatest strength
strength: 优势
你还没回答呢最大的优点
-Mr. Bennett: Greatest strength
最大的优点
Well, I would have to say that above all else, I am a company man.
company: 公司
嗯我想说在所有的人中我是个工作狂
You won't find anybody more dedicated to his job than me.
dedicate to: 奉献于
没有人能比我更兢兢业业了
-Claire: See, that's perfect.
perfect: 完美
看啊这多完美
What lumber company wouldn't want to hire you?
lumber: 木材木料 hire: 雇请
还有什么木材公司不会雇佣你呢
-Mr. Bennett: Yup, I’m a real people person.
yup(俚):是的(相当于yes)people person: 善于打交道的人
是啊我人缘也很好
-Claire: What's the matter?
怎么了
-Mr. Bennett: Oh, I don't know.
噢我不知道
It's just, you know, kind of sad when you look back on your life
sad: 悲伤 look back on: 回顾
只是有点悲伤蓦然回首
And you realize it hasn't amounted to much.
realize: 了解 amount: 总量 not amounted to much: 没有什么了不起
发现自己的一生竟是乏善可陈
-Claire: What are you talking about?
你在说什么啊
Your whole life has been about trying to help people.
whole: 全部
你一生都在尽力帮助别人
-Mr. Bennett: Has it?
是吗
'Cause all I see is pain.
'Cause: because 因为 pain: 痛苦
我所看见的却都是痛苦
I shot them, cuffed them, locked them up, wiped their memories,
shot: 射击 cuff: 给…带上手铐 lock up: 把…锁起来 wipe: 消除 memories: 记忆
我向别人开枪把他们拷起来关起来抹去他们的记忆
But I don't remember actually helping anybody.
remember: 记得 actually: 实际上 anybody: 任何人
但我却不记得真正帮助了谁
-Claire: That's not true. You've helped plenty of people.
true: 真实的 plenty of: 很多的
不是这样的你帮助了很多人
-Mr. Bennett: Yeah, name one.
好啊说一个名字
-Claire: Me.
我
Life changes we all change.
生活改变了我们也都在改变
Sometimes you have to remember who you were to figure out who you want to be.
figure out: 想出
有时你需要借助你的过去来了解你想成为什么样的人
-Mr. Bennett: Why do I suddenly feel like you're the parent?
suddenly: 突然地 feel like: 感到好似
为什么我突然感觉你是家长
And I’m the kid?
kid: 小孩
而我是个孩子
-Claire: We'll take turns.
turn: 转弯
我们转换了下角色,
-Mr. Bennett: Yeah.
是啊
-Claire: So, you don't really want to sell lumber, huh?
lumber: 木材 sell: 卖
所以你真不想去卖木材是吗
Nope not at all
nope: 不 not at all: 完全根本
对一点都不
-Kimico: Ando! Good news!
Ando好事哦
Hiro said "yes!"
Hiro答应了
-Ando: You told Kimiko... that you'd give her away at our wedding?
wedding: 婚礼
你答应Kimiko领她进教堂
-Hiro: Not now, Ando. I’m exhausted.
exhausted: 筋疲力尽
别说了 Ando我很郁闷
-Ando: Hiro, the wedding is over a year away.
婚礼可是在一年后
-Hiro: I know!
我知道
-Ando: Why do you have ink on your face and clothes?
ink: 墨水
你身上怎么到处是墨水
Where have you been?
你去哪了
-Hiro: Time traveling.
time traveling: 时空穿梭 traveling: 旅行
时空穿梭
Trying to save Tadashi's life.
save: 援救
本来想救铃木的
But every time I come back, he just does it again.
可是我穿一次他跳一次
-Ando: Tadashi? The guy with the famous butt
guy: 家伙 famous: 著名的 butt: 屁股
铃木屁股青年
-Hiro: Yes!
是
-Ando: Hiro, you're avoiding the issue.
avoid: 逃避 issue: 问题
你在逃避现实
You need to accept reality.
accept: 接受 reality: 现实
你得接受现实
It's time to tell Kimiko the truth.
truth: 真相
该告诉Kimiko真相了
-Hiro: I'll get it.
晓得啦
Tadashi?
铃木
You on the roof?
roof: 屋顶
在楼顶上
Be right there.
马上到
-Ando: Where are you going?
你去哪
What about Kimiko?
Kimiko怎么办
Hiro
Hiro
-Tadashi: When my family heard why I got fired. They were so ashamed
fired: 解雇 ashamed: 惭愧害臊
如果家里知道我是因为这个被解雇的他们会以我为耻
-Hiro: I know
我明白
-Tadashi: You do? How?
你明白怎么会
-Hiro: I've tried to help you many, many times, but nothing seems to work.
seem to: 似乎 work: 有效奏效
我想帮你很多次但是没用啊
You keep on making the same mistake
keep on: 继续进行 mistake: 错误
你总是重蹈覆辙
How can I don't remember any of that?
我怎么想不起来
-Hiro: It doesn't matter
matter: 有关系
无所谓了
I think it's time... That both of us faced the truth
我们 都该接受现实了
-Tadashi: The truth? What do you mean?
什么现实
-Hiro: First of all, you must really hate your job.
hate: 厌恶
首先你是真的厌恶你的工作
Nobody copies their butt forty-seven different ways... without wanting to get fired!
copy: 复印 butt: 屁股 fire: 解雇
没有人会用47种方式复印自己屁股,还想保住工作的
My advice: find something you love to do.
advice: 建议
我建议你找份自己喜欢的
Then it doesn't feel like work.
不是讨厌的工作
-Tadashi: Maybe it is true.
也许吧
I always thought I could do more with my life.
more: 更多的
我以为我会有所成就
-Hiro: Secondly, life is a gift.
Secondly: 第二 gift: 礼物
其二生命是天赐的
Precious and short.
precious: 宝贵的 short: 短暂的
弥足珍贵
Not wasted by jumping off a roof.
waste: 浪费 jump off: 跳下来 roof: 屋顶
可不能浪费在跳楼上
-Tadashi: What makes you such an expert?
expert: 专家
你怎么看得这么透
-Hiro: Because... I’m dying.
因为 我快死了
-Tadashi: No way, I would have heard
no way: 不可能 heard: 听说
不可能我会有所耳闻
-Hiro: I've been keeping it a secret which brings me to my third point
keep: 保持 secret: 秘密
我谁也没说这也牵扯到其三
Don't keep secrets not from those you love.
坦诚布公对你的所爱坦白
Especially not family.
especially: 特别 \
尤其是家人
It's time for both of us to accept the truth.
我们都该接受现实
-Tadashi: What if I’m not ready?
be ready: 准备好的
没准备好怎么办
-Hiro: You'll be fine, Tadashi
铃木会好的
Just remember.
remember: 记住
记住了
You'll always have a friend... waiting for you up in heaven
heaven: 天堂
你的朋友在天堂等你
-Tadashi: You're my friend?
我们是朋友
-Hiro: I am.
当然
-Tadashi: Thanks, Hiro
Hiro谢谢
-Hiro: You were right, my friend.
朋友你是对的
It's time for acceptance.
acceptance: 接受容纳
是该接受现实了
I need to tell Kimiko the truth.
我去告诉Kimiko真相
-Ando: Are you sure?
sure: 确定
是的
-Hiro: I am.
真的
-Kimico: Hiro, where have you been?
Hiro, 你去哪了
-Hiro: On the roof.
roof: 屋顶
去楼顶了
Having an epiphany.
epiphany: 对事物真谛的顿悟
去走了走
There is something... I need to tell you.
有件事 要告诉你
-Kimico: What's going on?
怎么了
-Hiro: I have so many stories... to share with you, Kimiko.
share with: 分享
很多事 都要跟你坦白
I just hope... I have time to tell you them all.
我只希望 还来得及坦白
-Kimico: I don't understand.
understand: 明白
我不懂
-Hiro: I’m so sorry.
我很抱歉
-Kimico: Ando!
Ando
-Ando: Hiro! Are you okay?
Hiro! 怎么样
-Hiro: ...fine.
没事
-Kimico: Something's wrong!
wrong: 失常的
有事!
Call an ambulance!
call: 呼叫 ambulance: 救护车
叫救护车!
-Mr. Bennett: Fancy meeting you here.
fancy: 【美国俚语】真棒
很高兴在这儿见到你
Am I that predictable?
predictable: 可预言的
我那么容易被找到吗
-Tracy: You live upstairs.
upstairs: 楼上
你住在楼上
How are you?
还好吧
-Mr. Bennett: Okay.
还行
So what brings you to my neighborhood?
bring: 带来 neighborhood: 邻居
你怎么会成为我的邻居
-Tracy: I got my old job back, with governor Malden.
governor: 州长
我重操旧业了和Malden州长一起
-Mr. Bennett: Well, that was quick.
quick: 快的迅速的
哦很快啊
Good for you.
真替你高兴
Let's celebrate. I'll buy you a tuna roll.
celebrate: 庆祝 tuna: 金枪鱼 roll: 卷
我们庆祝下吧我买个吞拿鱼卷
-Tracy: Yeah, I’m not really hungry.
嗯我还不饿
-Mr. Bennett: So why are you here?
那你来这干嘛
-Tracy: I don't know.
我不知道
-Mr. Bennett: You got your life back, Tracy.
你已经找回你的生活了Tracy
And that's what you wanted.
这是你一直梦寐以求的
Isn't it?
不是吗
-Tracy: It just feels like something's missing.
miss: 错过
只是感觉有什么东西流失了
Something needs to change.
一些需要改变的东西
-Mr. Bennett: Well, you got a job in government.
government: 政府
嗯你在政府找了个工作
That's a good start.
这是一个好的开始
-Tracy: Please, Malden isn't about helping people.
拜托 Malden可不是什么乐善好施的主
-Mr. Bennett: Then quit.
quit: 离开
那就别干了啊
-Tracy: I can't.
我不能
Do you know how many people would kill for my position?
position: 位置
你知道有多少人觊觎着我这个职位么
-Mr. Bennett: life changes, Tracy. We have to change with it.
change: 变化
生活改变了Tracy,我们也应该随之改变
Maybe you just can't go home again.
也许你只是不能再回家了
Maybe you have to remember who you were to figure out who you want to be.
figure out: 算出
也许你需要借助你的过去来了解你想成为什么样的人
-Tracy: Oh, I got to go. I have a dinner with Malden, and I can't be late.
dinner: 晚餐 late: 迟到
噢我得走了
我要和Malden共进晚餐不能迟到
Thanks for the advice, though.
advice: 建议 though: 然而
不管怎样谢谢你的建议
-Mr. Bennett: any time.
不客气
-Malden: Oh, I can't tell you how great it is to have you back, Trace.
噢我无法形容我是多么高兴看着你回来Tracy
I missed you.
miss: 想念
我想念你
-Tracy: It's nice to be missed.
nice: 美好的 miss: 想念
被人想念真是好啊
-Malden: Yeah.
是啊
Uh, Cosmo still your drink?
Cosmo: 科斯莫【鸡尾酒】
啊你还是喝科斯莫 (一种鸡尾酒)
One Cosmo, please.
一杯科斯莫
Look at us, huh? Just like old times.
看看现在啊就像过去的日子
-Tracy: Kind of.
Kind of: 有点儿
差不多吧
This job... I want it to be more.
这次的工作 我想更进一步
I want to set agendas,
set: 设置 agendas: 议事日程
我想要做个计划
Help people who can't help themselves.
帮助那些无法自救的人
-Malden: So much for small talk.
small talk: 聊天
说的太多了
-Tracy: I want a job where I’m making a real difference in people's lives.
make a difference: 起…作用
我想要一份能够真正改变人们生活的工作
-Malden: Trace, you don't have to work so hard to impress me.
impress: 影响
Trace 你不必这么卖力地打动我
We both know what you bring to the table.
我们都知道你做了什么
Tell you what…why don't we skip dinner?
skip: 跳跃 dinner: 晚餐
对了,不如别吃饭吧
Let's go upstairs make each other happy.
upstairs: 楼上
我们上楼去彼此让对方快乐
Just like old times.
一如从前
-Tracy: Will you excuse me for a moment?
excuse: 原谅 moment: 片刻
失陪一下
-Malden: Sure, yeah. Don't be long.
没关系不要太久啊
-Tracy: Dear god.
god: 神
老天
-Malden: There you go.
这就好了
Everything okay, baby?
都好了吗宝贝儿
-Tracy: No. No, everything's not okay.
没不好
I don't understand.
understand: 明白
我不明白
-Tracy: I wouldn't expect you to.
expect: 期待
我也没指望你明白
-Nathan: Hello, yes. I'd like to speak with someone in the homicide division.
homicide: 杀人犯 division: 部门
你好是帮我转接一下重案组
Ya I'll hold
hold: 保持
好我会等
-Lydia: I've been looking for you.
look for: 寻找
我一直在找你
-Man: What's the matter?
matter: 物质事件
什么事
-Lydia: You are thinking about something.
你一直在想的
Is it the new people that Samuel's bringing to the family?
bring to: 加进
是不是Samuel带来新成员的事
-Man: You think he'd be bringing in more if Joseph was alive?
alive: 活着的
你认为如果Joseph还活着他还能带人进来么
-Lydia: I don't know.
我不知道
It was his brother, and he has a right to his revenge.
right: 权利 revenge: 复仇
他是他哥哥他有权为他报仇
-Man: No matter what it means for the rest of us?
no matter: 不管 rest: 剩余部分
不管这对我们其余的人意味着什么吗
-Samuel: I'll tell you what it means.
我来告诉你意味着什么
I’m the one who's left to make all the decisions for this family.
decision: 决定
我是这个家族里唯一能做主的人
I’m the one that decides which direction we travel.
decide: 决定 direction: 方向 travel: 经过行程
我是指引方向的人
-Lydia: we were just talking is all.
我们的谈话到此为止了
-Samuel: Come with me.
跟我来
Time to find another.
该去找别的人了
You know you can tell me anything, don't you?
你会对我毫无隐瞒的对吧
-Lydia: Of course
当然
-Samuel: If anyone tells you they're dissatisfied with me,
dissatisfy with: 对…不满意
如果有人跟你说他们对我不满意
If you're dissatisfied.
如果你也不满意
-Lydia: I’m not dissatisfied.
我没有不满意
-Samuel: Good.
很好
What are you doing? Why are you showing him to me?
你在干吗 为什么让我看他
-Lydia: I show you what you need to see.
我只显示你需要看的
-Samuel: Why would I need to see Bennett?
我为什么要见Bennett
He retired.
retire: 退休
他退休了
He's no longer interested in us.
no longer: 不再 interest in: 感兴趣
不再对我们感兴趣
-Lydia: He may have changed his mind.
他也许改变主意了
-Millie: Nathan seemed very confused. Wanted to make sure I heard his side of the story.
confused: 困惑 make sure: 证实
Nathan好像很烦恼想要确认我听懂了故事中他讲的那一面
It was upsetting to say the least.
upsetting: 令人不安的 least: 最小
至少应该是不安
-Peter’s mom: Well, Nathan has always been overly theatrical.
overly: 过度的 theatrical: 做作的
哦Nathan一直都很做作
You know, I’m sure that's why he's drawn to the spotlight of politics.
be drawn to: 被…吸引 spotlight: 聚光灯 politics: 政治
这也是,他对政治感兴趣的原因
What exactly did he say?
exactly: 精确的
他到底说了什么
-Millie: I feel so silly telling you this.
silly: 愚蠢的
我真不该对您说这个
-Peter’s mom: No, please. He's my son.
不没关系他是我儿子
I want to know.
我想要知道
-Millie: He said that Kelly was dead.
他说Kelly死了
That he was with her when she died.
她死的时候他和她在一起
I told him, "No, she bought a ticket, Got on a plane, never looked back."
ticket: 票 look back: 回顾回头看
我告诉他 "不她买了机票上了飞机再也不会回来"
-Peter’s mom: Millie, I am so sorry
Millie 我很抱歉
That he bothered you with this.
bother: 麻烦烦扰
他为这事打扰了你
Nathan… Nathan just hasn't been himself lately.
lately: 近来
Nathan Nathan最近很不正常
You know how much I've always cared for Nathan.
care for: 关心
你知道我有多关心Nathan
I apologize for his behavior.
apologize for: 道歉 behavior: 行为举止
我为他的行为道歉
No one should have to go through that pain twice.
go through: 经历 pain: 痛苦
任何人都不该经受两次这样的痛苦
-Millie: I can honestly say I don't care anymore.
honestly: 真诚地 care: 关心照料 anymore: 不再
坦率地说我不在乎了
I just hope Kelly's happy.
happy: 快乐 hope: 希望
我只是希望Kelly幸福
I think that's about as close to closure as I’m ever going to get
close: 结束 closure: 使终止 ever: 曾经
算是了结了一个我长期以来的心愿
Would you excuse me just one second?
excuse: 原谅
失陪一下
Hello?
你好
-Man: The package is delivered.
package: 包包裹 deliver: 传递
包裹运达
Wonderful
wonderful: 极好的
非常好
Thank you so much.
十分感谢
-Peter’s mom: Something important?
有重要的事吗
-Millie: Not at all.
没
-Peter’s mom: Good.
很好
-Millie: Where were we?
说到哪了
-Peter’s mom: Closure.
closure: 结束
了结
Of course.
当然
-Millie: To closure.
了结
-Peter’s mom: To closure
了结干
词汇解析: Sunying 校对:Fanny



评 论


