看 Heroes 学英语 第四季 6集: Tabula Rasa
Previously on heroes...
-Peter:I must have gotten your ability on the street.
gotten:get过去分词
我肯定是在街上遇见你,才获取了你的超能力。
-Emma:Ability?
超能力?
-Hiro:Peter Petrelli
-Peter:Hiro.
-Mrs Petrelli:You're supposed to be the man with the plan, remember?
suppose:计划,打算 【这里用的是过去式,所以是本该是的意思】
你本该是个成竹在胸的人,还记得吗?
-Noah:I'm not sure I'm that guy anymore.
我不觉得我依然是那样的人了。
-Noah:Well, it's just, you know, kind of sad when you look back on your life and you
realize it hasn't amounted to much.
amount:总数,数量
当你回首往事,人生却无大成就,还是有点悲哀的。
-Clare:What are you talking about? Your whole life has been about trying to help people.
别这么说,你这一生都是在努力帮助别人。
-Noah:But I don't remember actually helping anybody.
但我想不出我真正帮过谁。
-Lubbock:The guy don't know his name, what day it is, nothing.
这人不记得自己姓名,一无所知。
-Gibson:I'm gonna help you.
我们会帮助你的。
-Lubbock:You're a watchmaker from queens who murdered your own mother.
murder:谋杀
你是个皇后区的修表匠 你还谋杀了你的母亲!
-Sylar:No!
不!
-Sam:What are you waiting for?
你在等什么?
-Mohinder:A broken vessel.
vessel:罐子
一个破了的罐子。
-Mohinder:An empty shell.
shell:柜子
一个空了的柜子。
-Mohinder:What is a man without mind, without memory?
一个毫无心智,了无记忆的人到底是何样子?
-Mohinder:A ghost? A body in search of a soul?
ghost:幽灵
一个幽灵? 还是寻找灵魂的行尸走肉?
With no compass to guide us, how can we know if our destiny is to seek the good...
compass:指南针 destiny:命运
没有罗盘的指引,我们如何得知我们的命运是寻求神圣。
or obey the demons that whisper in our ear?
obey:服从 demon:魔鬼 whisper:小声耳语
还是服从耳边魔鬼低声的诱惑?
The blank slate hungers to be written upon.
slate:白板 hunger:渴望
记忆的空白渴望被书写。
The body thrives when the heart has a mission.
thrive:强壮,强盛 mission:任务
-Peter:How you feeling, Hiro?
感觉怎么样?
You collapsed in my apartment last night.
collapse:昏倒 apartment:公寓
你昨晚在我的公寓晕倒。
You remember?
你还记得吗?
-Hiro:And you brought me to the hospital?
然后你把我带到医院了。
-Peter:I spoke to the doctors.
我和医生聊过了。
Hiro, you're very sick.
sick:生病
Hiro,你病得很重。
-Hiro:Yes, I know.
是的,我知道。
Brain tumor. I'm dying.
brain tumor:脑瘤
脑瘤,我快要死了。
I guess I didn't want to believe that I would end up in a hospital bed so soon, but...here I
am.
我想我只是不愿去相信这么快,我就将在病床上终结。但是...我还是来了。
-Peter:Look, I know about dying.
听着,我知道什么是死亡。
I've helped a lot of people through this transition.
transition:过渡,转变
我曾帮助很多人度过这个过渡期。
And I'm gonna help you with whatever you need.
而我也会不遗余力帮助你的。
Maybe that's why you came to me.
也许这也是你来找我的原因。
-Hiro:Maybe. But maybe not.
也许吧,但也许不是。
Destiny has been sending me to different places, different times, to right many wrongs
before I die.
命运已把我送到过很多地方和年代,让我有生之年改正那些错误。
Maybe destiny has brought me to you, peter... to fix a problem in your life.
也许,这次命运是把我送到你这儿,Peter,来修复你的生活。
-Peter:No, my-- my life is fine.
不,我的生活很好。
I really don't need any fixing.
我真的不需要什么纠正。
What if you didn't come here so that you can fix me?
如果你来这里不是要帮助我的?
What if you're here so that I can fix you?
那是不是要我来帮助你呢?
-Hiro:I've seen the best doctors in Japan.
我已经看了日本最好的医生。
There's nothing that can be done.
已经没有什么办法治好我了。
-Peter:Maybe not by doctors. The faster I can go... ooh. The faster I can get back.
也许能救你的不是医生呢,我越早去,就越早回来。
-Hiro:Go--go where?
去…去哪?
-Peter:Just sit tight, okay? I'll be right back.
好好待着,好吗? 我很快回来。
-Hiro:Okay.
好的。
-Peter:Are you okay?
你还好吧?
-Emma:Did you send a cello to my apartment?
cello:大提琴
那把大提琴是你送到我家的吗?
-Peter:A cello? No.
一把大提琴?没有啊。
-Emma:There's something wrong with my ability, or whatever you call it.
我的超能力出了点问题,就是你叫的那个。
-Peter:There's nothing wrong-- it's confusing, at first. I know. It's difficult for everyone in
the beginning.
不是出了问题。一开始人都很费解,我知道开始谁都很难接受。
And I want to talk about it with you, but I can't.
而我也很乐意告诉你一切,但我不能。
Right now I have to leave.
我现在得离开。
-Emma:Leave?
离开?
-Peter:My friend is dying, and it can't wait.
我的朋友快死了,我不能袖手旁观。
You know what... you have questions about abilities.
你关于超能力的疑问都可以和他说。
You should talk to him. He knows everything there is to know about abilities.
他知道关于超能力的一切
His name is Hiro.
他叫阿广。
Talk to him, and I'll be back soon.
和他谈谈 我很快回来。
-Emma:Where are you going?
你去哪?
-Peter:To save his life.
救他的命。
-Lydia:He's not what you expected.
他和你的期望相去甚远。
-Sam:For years I've heard rumors, stories.
rumor:传言
好几年来我一直听到流言和事迹。
Sylar, the most powerful one of all. But that man seems beaten. Afraid. What happened
to him, Lydia?
说Sylar 是我们中最强大的,但那个人看来很萎靡惧怕一切。他遭遇了什么,Lydia?
-Lydia:I'm not sure. It's like there are two sides at war within him.
我不确定,感觉他体内正在正邪交锋。
-Sam:Good morning, Sylar. How'd you sleep?
早上好,Sylar。睡得怎么样?
-Sylar:You called me Sylar. Who's Sylar?
你叫我Sylar,谁是Sylar?
-Sam:That's you. That's your name.
就是你,这是你的名字。
-Sylar:The police told me my name is Gabriel.
警察叫我Gabriel。
-Sam:You don't even know your name? What happened to you?
连名字都忘了啊?你到底怎么了?
-Sylar:I don't know. I can't remember.
我不知道,我记不得了。
-Sam:You know what I think? I think a great damage has been done to you.
damage:伤害
知道我是怎么想的吗?我觉得你受了重大伤害
And you've come to us to heal. Walk with me. Spend the day among us, and with
time, your memories will return.
heal:痊愈 memory:记忆
而你来到我们中间寻求治愈,跟我走一走,花点时间和大家来往。不久,你的记忆就会回
来了。
What do we call you... Gabriel? Sylar?
我们应该怎么称呼你?Gabriel?Sylar?
Take a deep breath. What's the first name that pops into your head?
pop into:砰的一声出现 【立刻浮现】
深呼吸,好好想想,脑海浮现的第一个名字是什么?
-Sylar:Call me Nathan.
叫我Nathan。
Why are you doing this for me? I mean, you're taking me in, hiding me from the police.
为什么你帮我?我的意思是你把我带到这里躲避警察。
You don't even know me.
但是你都不认识我。
-Sam:Of course I do. You may not realize it, but you're a man of great powers.
当然知道,也许你没有意识到,你有非同寻常的能力。
-Sylar:Powers?
能力
Last night at the police station, I raised my hand and somehow threw a man across a
room.
昨晚在警局,不知怎么我抬抬手就把一个警察摔出去了。
What's wrong with me?
我出了什么问题?
-Sam:Oh, there's nothing wrong. You're special. Take a look around. Here, everyone is.
你什么问题都没有,你是特别的。看看你的周围吧,这里的每个人(都是这样)
Hey, Teddy, show him what you can do.
嘿,Teddy,让他看看你的能耐。
-Sylar:You mean everybody here...
你的意思是在这的每一个人…
-Sam:Is like you. Like us.
都是跟你,我是一样的。
Lydia, come meet our new friend. Show him around a bit, will you?
Lydia,过来见见你的新朋友带他四处转转好吗?
I think you two are gonna like each other.
我想你们会喜欢彼此的。
-Lydia:My pleasure.
我的荣幸。
-Sam:What is it?
怎么了?
-Sylar:I remember shaking a lot of hands.
我记得我和很多人握手。
Like a I was a politician or something. Is that possible?
就像我是一个政客。这可能吗?
-Sam:I suppose anything is possible.
什么事都有可能
-Lydia:Come on.
来吧。
-Clare:Laundry day .Is this a bad time?
洗衣日,方便进来吗?
-Noah:No-- come on in.
可以,近来把。
-Clare:How goes job hunting?
工作找得怎么样?
-Noah:Unproductive.
没什么进展。
-Clare:Well, hang in there. It'll work out.
坚持下去总会有办法的。
-Noah:Thank you.
谢谢。
-Clare:Can I have some quarters? I need, like, 12 of them.
quarter:25分硬币
可以给我一些25分的硬币吗? 大概12个左右。
-Noah:Yeah, sure. Over there in the jar. Help yourself.
jar:罐子
当然,就在罐子里自己拿吧。
-Clare:Don't take this the wrong way, but have you ever thought about doing a little
volunteer work?
volunteer:志愿者
可别误会了呀,但你想过做些义务工作吗?
-Noah:Oh, wait...
等一下…
-Clare:Peter? How did you get in the bathroom?
Peter?你怎么到浴室里来的?
-Peter:It's been a long time since I've teleported.
teleport:心灵传输
太长时间没用心灵传输了。
-Sam:I need you to deliver some tickets.
我需要你送些票。
-Edgar:Captain Lubbock, Baltimore P.D. Isn't this the guy who was hunting Sylar last
night?
巴尔的摩警局 Lubbock警长收,这不就是昨晚追捕Sylar的家伙么?
-Sam:Something is very wrong. The memories are returning, but they're the wrong
memories.
有些事大错特错了,他的记忆逐渐恢复了,但都是错误的。
There's someone else inside his head. We need to jump-start the real Sylar. Wake the
sleeping lion.
jump-start:唤醒,引起
他的大脑还存着别人的记忆。我们要引出真正的Sylar 唤醒睡着的狮子。
-Edgar:If the real Sylar sees this cop coming at him, he might kill him.
如果真正的Sylar眼见被警察追捕,也许会杀了他。
-Sam:Indeed, he might.
事实上他会的。
-Clare:Hiro' s dying?
Hiro要死了?
-Peter:He doesn't have to if I can find a healer.
healer:治疗师
如果能找到治疗者,他也许就不用死。
That's why I came over here, Noah. I want you to help me locate one.
locate:定位,找到
所以我才来这里,Noah,我希望你能帮我找到。
-Clare:What about my blood? Can't you take me back with you-- we can give him a blood
transfusion?
transfusion:注射
用我的血怎么样? 你带我过去给他输血。
-Noah:That won't work. A tumor is living tissue.
tumor:肿瘤 tissue:组织
不管用的,肿瘤是活性组织。
Your blood's regenerative powers would only make it grow faster.
regenerative:更新,再生
你血的再生能力只会加速他的恶化。
But there was a kid,bag-and-tag of three to four years ago.
bag:找到 tag:标记
但曾有个小孩三四年前被公司记录在案。
-Clare:How long does he have?
他还能活多久?
-Peter:Hard to tell. It could be a couple months. Could be a couple hours.
很难说,可能几个月也可能只有几个小时。
-Noah:Yeah, that's him. Jeremy Greer. I found him when he was 13.
找到了-Jeremy Greer。我们发现他的时候他还只有13岁/
I was getting a report of a kid that was bringing squashed bugs back to life.
squash:压扁 bug:青虫
我得到报告说一个孩子把一个被压扁的虫子复活了。
-Clare:Back from the dead?
死而复生。
-Noah:Well, no, not exactly.
是,但不完全对。
But if just a leg still twitching, all he had to do was touch them and away they would fly.
twitching:抽搐
只要还有一条腿能动,他只需碰一下他们就恢复生机了。
We studied him for four days and, of course, erased his memory.
erase:删除
我们整整研究了四天。当然,已经消除了他的记忆。
He was a good kid.
他是个善良的孩子。
Or he wanted to be. He couldn't decide if his power was a gift or a curse.
或者是他想成为,他不知道他的能力是件好事还是个诅咒。
-Clare:Well, if he can save Hiro, it's definitely a gift.
如果能够救阿广,就绝对是件好事了。
-Peter:Cainan, Georgia.
佐治亚州Cainan。
-Peter:You ready?
你准备好了吗?
-Noah:Yeah.
是的。
-Lydia:Samuel's brother Joseph began the tradition of morning chores.
tradition:传统 chore:零工
Samuel的弟弟Joseph发起了 晨间劳动这项传统。
He believed that hard work helped bind a community together.
community:团体
他相信劳累的工作会帮助一个社区团结的更加紧密。
-Sylar:Well, I'm certainly looking forward to getting my hands dirty.
我倒是很希望能干点活儿。
I haven't done an honest day's work since, uh—
我还从没有踏踏实实的工作过 ,自从...
since I can't remember when.
我无法记得的那个时间。
-Lydia:It's nice having you here.
你能在这真好。
We don't see a new face among us that often.
我们这儿不经常见到新面孔。
Especially one so handsome.
especially:特别是
特别是像你这么帅的。
-Edgar:Hey,How you doing?
嗨,过得怎么样?
That Lydia always had a thing for bad boys.
那个Lydia总是对坏男人感兴趣。
-Sylar:What do you mean?
你这是什么意思?
-Edgar:I've heard about you, Sylar. How you steal powers from other people.
steal:偷
我听说过你 Sylar,你如何从别人人身上盗取能力的。
-Sylar:How I... I'm sorry, man, I literally have no idea what you're talking about.
literally:字面上
怎么...抱歉 我完全不知道你在说什么。
-Edgar:I'm sure you can do some fancy tricks.
fancy trick:小把戏
我知道你会些花招。
But you know what, I have some tricks of my own.
但是你知道么,我也不赖。
-Sylar:Uh...okay. Excuse me.
哦,好的。抱歉。
-Sylar:Those are kind of in the way.
in the way:挡道,碍事
这个好像有点过分了。
-Lydia:Are you gonna stop this?
你不打算阻止一下吗?
-Sam:Boys will be boys.
爱闹而已
Why don't we let the others finish up here.
让别人收拾这儿吧。
There's someone I'd like you to meet.
我想让你见一个人。
-Sylar:It's so strange when that happens.
strange:奇怪
刚刚的感觉很奇怪。
My hand just rises up and can suddenly do these incredible things, like motor memory.
incredible:不可置信 motor:自动
只要举起手就能做出不可思议的事 像动作记忆
-Sam:Memories don't only exist in the mind.
记忆不仅仅存在于大脑。
The body retains everything.
retain:保留
身体也能保存一切。
-Sylar:I remember flying.
我记得飞行。
-Sam:You mean flying in a plane.
你的意思是做飞机。
-Sylar:No, I mean, like piloting a jet. I flew jets in the military, maybe.
piloting:引航 jet:喷气飞机 military:军队
不,我是说像开喷气式飞机,也许我以前在军队做飞行员。
-Sam:A politician's life, jet pilot. It all sounds like a very exciting life.
politician:政治家
政治家、飞行员,听起来都挺刺激。
But it isn't yours.
但那不是你的生活
Someone's done something to you. Polluted your mind somehow.
polluted:污染了,混淆了
有人对你做了什么,想办法混淆了你的记忆。
I thought your true memories would return on their own, but it's just not happening.
on once on:靠自己,自动
我想你的真实记忆会自行恢复的,只是现在还不是时候。
You want to know who you really are, don't you?
你想知道你到底是谁,对吗?
-Sylar:Of course I do.
我当然想。
-Sam:Then it's time for stronger measures. Damian.
measure:方法
是时候采取强势措施了,Damian。
This is Damian. He has a powerful gift. In his hands, your true memories will be returned.
这是Damian。他有强大的天赋。经他之手,能帮你恢复真实的记忆。
Are you ready to know the truth?
准备好迎接真相了吗?
-Sylar:Yes.
是的。
-Sam:Take him to the house of mirrors.
mirror:镜子
带他去镜屋。
-Hiro:Oh, go away. I have no more blood left. No more blood.
噢,走开。我没有血了,没有了。
-Emma:Blood? I'm sorry... I read lips, but yours move differently.
血?对不起…我可以读唇语,但你的有点不一样。
-Hiro:Oh, sorry. Japanese accent.
accent:口音
对不起,日本口音。
-Emma:I'm Emma.
我是Emma。
-Hiro:I'm Hiro.
我叫Hiro。
-Emma:Yeah. Peter Petrelli said I could ask you questions about my...abilities.
Peter Petrelli 说我可以问你我的...能力
-Hiro:You have a power?
你有超能力?
-Emma:How can I make it stop?
怎么才能让它消失?
-Hiro:No, manifesting a power is a wondrous time. A hero never refuses the call.
manifesting:展现 wondrous:令人兴奋的 refuse:拒绝
不,展现能力的时刻是多让人惊奇啊,英雄从不拒绝召唤。
-Emma:I'm deaf. I can't hear the call.
我是聋的。我听不见召唤。
-Hiro:Oh, you must have many questions.
哦,你一定有很多疑问。
-Emma:Just one. How do I turn it off?
只有一个。怎样去掉超能力?
-Hiro:It's not a light switch. It's part of who you are.
这不是简单的关灯的问题。这是关乎我们是谁的问题。
-Emma:Sorry to have bothered you.
bother:打扰
对不起打扰你了。
-Peter:Dead plants, dead bushes.
枯萎的植物和灌木。
-Noah:Not exactly what you'd expect from a healer, huh?
这可不是从治愈师这想看到的哈?
-Peter:So what do You know about this kid?
你了解这孩子多少?
-Noah:Well, not much.
不太多。
You know, I tested him. I wrote up a report, threw it in the file.
你知道的,我对他进行测试,写报告然后放进文件夹。
But the kid was just coming into his ability.
但那时他才刚刚获得能力
He had a lot of questions, so naturally we wiped his memory, sent him back to his
messed up family.
wipe:抹去 mess up:混乱的
他很疑惑,所以我们消除了他的记忆,把他送回那个乱七八糟的家。
And I went on to my next assignment. The company was never what you'd call a support
group.
assignment:任务 support:帮助
然后我继续下一个任务,公司从来就不是所谓的互助组。
Yeah, more about powers and less about the people.
对,更关心能力而不是人。
-Peter:That's right. But you saw him heal, right?
但你看见他治愈了,对吗?
-Noah:Yeah. Bugs. Dog that got hit by a car.
对。虫子、被车撞了的狗。
Day four I slashed my arm pretty bad. The kid touched it, it was good as new.
第四天我的手被砍伤了,很严重。那孩子一碰就完好如初。
-Peter:Guess his power doesn't work on birds. That smells like...
我猜他的能力对鸟没用。闻起来像...
-Noah:death.
死人。
-Peter:Hello? Is anybody home? Hello?
你好? 有人在家吗? 你好?
Oh...Noah. Noah.
哦…Noah!
-Noah:The parents.
他的父母。
-Peter:What the hell happened here?
发生什么事了?
-Noah:There was a case in china.
中国发生过一个案子。
This woman manifested as a healer, but as time went on, it evolved into something very
different.
manifest:展现 evolve:进化
这个女人展现了治愈能力 一段时间以后发生了巨大变化。
There was a flip side.
flip:反向
还有另一面。
She could control the flow of life--give it...
她可以控制生命的方向--赐予生命
-Peter:or take it away?
或带走?
-Noah:Yeah. Jeremy?
是的。Jeremy?
Jeremy, is that you?
Jeremy,是你吗?
-Sylar’s mother:Gabriel. Hello, Gabriel.
Gabriel。你好,Gabriel。
-Sylar:Mom?
妈妈?
Oh ,my god. Oh, my god. no!
噢,我的天啊,哦,天啊。不!
No, this isn't me.
不,那不是我。
This isn't me. Why are you doing this to me? Make it stop, please!
这不是我。为什么要这样随我?请停下来!
Make it stop!
停下来!
-Hiro:So tell me about your ability.
那么谈谈你的能力。
I have an ability too.
我也是有超能力的。
I am the master of time and space.
master:大师
我是时间空间大师。
Well, I was. Lately, time and space has been the master of me.
好吧,以前是。最近时空成我的主宰了。
Oh, is that my brain scan?
scan:扫描
哦,这是我的脑部扫描吗?
-Emma:No. Mine.
不是我的。
I see sounds. they make colors.
我能看见声音,它们有颜色。
-Hiro:A new ability can be frightening.
一种新的能力是会令人害怕
But you must not turn away from it.
但你不能逃避
-Emma:I want it to stop.
我想要让他们停下来。
-Peter:I don't think he's shooting to kill, Noah.
我不觉得他要杀了我们,Noah。
-Noah:He's just warning us to stay away.
他只是警告我们远离他。
Still, we're talking about a scared kid with a small cannon in his hands.
cannon:大炮
然而,他还是个吓坏的孩子,手里还握着枪。
-Peter:All right, I'm going up.
好吧 我上去。
-Noah:No. I need to talk to him.
不。我需要和他谈谈。
There's a staircase out back, though.
staircase:楼梯
但你可以走后面的楼梯
-Peter:Yeah, yeah. I'm on it.
对,我从后面走。
-Noah:Jeremy? Jeremy, I'm coming upstairs.
Jeremy? Jeremy 我上楼了。
Unarmed. I'm not gonna hurt you.
unarmed:没有武器
我没武器,我不会伤害你的。
Talk to me, Jeremy. Say something.
跟我说说话。Jeremy说点什么吧。
-Jeremy:Stay away, all right. I'm warning you!
走开,我警告你!
-Noah:No, I'm coming upstairs, so if you're gonna shoot, lock and load.
不,我现在就上来。你要开枪的话就上膛开枪吧。
-Jeremy:I told you to keep away!
我叫你走开!
-Noah:Why? What happens if I come near you?
为什么? 我走近又会如何呢?
-Jeremy:Everything I touch ends up dead.
我碰过的东西都会死!
-Sam:I'm Samuel Sullivan.
我是Samuel Sullivan
Glad to see you and your family could make it.
很高兴见大你和你的家人。
-Lubbock:I appreciate you sending those tickets over this morning.
感谢你早上给我们送的票。
But a gotta ask-- why me?
可是我得问一句-为什么给我?
-Sam:Ah, we always try and do something special for local law enforcement.
enforcement:执法者
我们经常会给本地执法部门一些特别优待
I heard about you on the news last night.
昨晚看新闻看见了你。
Out chasing down some escaped prisoner?
chase:追捕 escape:逃跑 prisoner:犯人
你在追踪一个在逃的罪犯?
-Lubbock:You'll indulge me.
indulge:恭维,抬举
你可真会恭维。
I've been showing this to everyone I can.
我把这照片给了N多人看过。
Got a lot of people on the hunt for this one.
我们安排了很多人手来捉拿他。
-Sam:Don't think I've seen him.
我恐怕没见过他
But I could be wrong. A lot of folks come and go around here.
不过可能也会记错。毕竟这里很多人来来往往。
-Lubbock:Well, if you spot him, call me right away.
spot:看到
好,你要是见到他,立即致电给我。
-Sam:I absolutely will.
absolute:一定
一定
Enjoy the carnival. Mrs. Lubbock
carnival:嘉年华
祝你玩得开心。Lubbock太太!
-Sylar:No! No. No. Stop. Make it stop.
Please, please... oh, my god.
Oh, oh... oh, my god! My god, no.
This isn't me. No! Please make it stop--no! Please.
不 不 不! 快停下!
不要 不要...天啊!
噢 噢...我的天啊! 不...
这不是我! 不! 快停下来!
-Noah:Tell me what happened.
告诉我发生了什么事。
-Jeremy:Don't come any closer!
不要再靠近!
-Noah:Okay, I'm right here. I'm right here. What happened to your parents?
好好,我就站在这。我就站这儿。你父母怎么了?
-Jeremy:I killed them. I was angry, and I just-- I touched them... and they died.
我杀了他们,当时我很生气。我就是... 我就碰了他们一下...他们就死了。
I didn't mean to do it.
mean it:想要
我不是故意的。
-Noah:I know you didn't. You know, what's happened to you, Jeremy, it's--it's not fair.
我知道你不是故意的,Jeremy 在你身上发生的事情,是不公平。
You never should have been left to suffer through this alone.
你本不该独自来承受这一切。
-Jeremy:And who are you?
你是谁?
-Noah:You don't remember me, but we've met.
你不记得我,但我们见过。
I know you.I know all about you.I know about your power.
我认识你,我了解你的一切,我知道你拥有的能力。
I know that you're not a killer.You're a healer.
我知道你不是个杀人犯,你是个治愈者。
-Jeremy:I used to heal things. And then it turned. And now I kill!
我以前是可以治愈的,然后能力变了。现在我变成会杀人了!
-Noah:No, you're still a healer.You can do both.
不,你仍然可以治愈的,你拥有两种能力。
-Jeremy:Stop. If you come one step closer, I swear to god I will shoot you!
别动!要是你再走近一步 我发誓我会开枪的!
-Peter:Noah!
-Noah:No! Peter, stay with me.
Peter. Peter! Peter, stay with me. Peter!
不! Peter 挺住
Peter Peter! Peter 挺住 Peter!
-Jeremy:Oh, my god.
哦,天啊。
-Noah:He's bleeding out. He's never gonna make it to the hospital. You need to heal him.
bleeding:流血
哦,天啊!他大出血了。他赶不及去医院了,你得救他。
-Jeremy:I can't.
我不能。
-Noah:Yes, you can, Jeremy. I've seen it with my own eyes.
你做得到我亲眼见过。
You need to come over here and lay your hands on him now!
快过来,把手放在他身上。
-Jeremy:If I touch him, he'll die.
如果我碰了他,他会死的。
-Noah:He'll die if you don't. You can do this. Listen to me.
你不过来他才会死! 你做得到的,你听我说
My power is understanding people like you.
我的能力是研究像你一样的人
That's what I do.
我就是干这个的
What happened to your parents never has to happen again.
发生在你父母身上的不必再重现。
You can control it, and you can heal him.
你能控制住,你能治好他的。
-Jeremy:Everything I touch dies.
万物被我触过即死。
-Noah:I'm touching you right now.
可我现在正抓着你呢。
You can do this. You can give life. Come on.
你能做到的。你可以给人新生,来吧。
Focus, Jeremy.
集中注意力,Jeremy。
Visualize peter healing. Imagine what it's gonna look like when the wound disappears,
his eyes open again, and he is healthy and alive.
visualize:想像
想象下Peter正在痊愈,伤口消失了的情景。他睁开了眼睛,又生龙活虎了。
Picture it, Jeremy.
快想啊,Jeremy
Keep that thought in your mind.
把那景象留在你脑中。
Welcome back.
欢迎回到人间。
-Hiro:And now, to assist Hiro the magnificent, please welcome to the stage Emma the...
also magnificent!
assist:协助 stage:舞台
神奇的中村广大侠,现在,有请协助中村广大侠的Emma登台...
-Emma:Hiro, what are you doing?
阿广,你在搞什么啊?
-Hiro:Magic.
魔术
Oh, and we are going to need much applause for the next feat of magicalness.
applause:鼓掌
magicalness:magical+ness,这种名词化不太正确,但是人家是日本人嘛
feat:表演
呃 现在你们需要把更加热烈的掌声送给下一个演出。
I will make Emma... disappear!
Emma会消失!
-Emma:It's like time is... standing still. It's all so beautiful.
时间好像... 静止了。这一切太美了!
-Hiro:There are no bad powers, Emma. You just have to understand them.
没有什么超能力是不好的,Emma。只要你试着去了解它们。
And when you do, you will learn to use your powers to do good things in the world.
而当你领会以后,你就会学着,用自己的能力在世上行善。
Oh, but please, for now, our magic trick.
啊,但是现在嘛,为了咱这魔术表演。
Hide behind the curtains. Over there, yeah.
curtain:窗帘
藏到屏风后面去,就在那儿。
Abracadabra... alakazam!
咒语!
Where did she go?
她去哪了?
Where is Emma?
Emma去哪了?
Oh, Emma! Oh...Emma? Oh, Emma? Where are you?
Emma! 哦...Emma? Emma 你在哪儿?
There she is! A big applause for Emma the magnificent!
她在那儿。各位,神奇Emma 掌声鼓励一下。
Oh, but we have to give applause in a different way. Like this.
啊,不过我们要用别样的方式,就像这样。
-Sylar:All those murders... all those memories in my mind—
所有的谋杀... 我脑中所有的记忆--
but I cannot believe that they're mine.
但我无法相信那些是我自己干的。
How many did I kill? A dozen? Two dozen?
我究竟杀了多少人? 12个? 24个?
-Sam:I'm sorry for your pain.
看到你这么痛苦我很抱歉。
Truth can be difficult.
事实常令人难以接受。
-Sylar:Difficult? I am a monster! I stalk people and slash open their skulls.
monster:怪物 stalk:悄悄跟踪 slash:切开 skull:头骨
难以接受?我跟踪人们,然后把他们开脑。
-Sam:Has it ever occurred to you to question what brought you here?
occur:想过
你有没有问过自己是什么带你来到了这里?
Why providence has seen fit for our paths to cross?
provide:提供 fit:适合 path:小径,路
为何老天偏偏让我俩相识?
This place is a safe, protected womb.
womb:子宫,伊甸园
这个世外桃源很安全。
But out there is a cruel world filled with people who persecute our kind.
cruel:残酷的 persecute:迫害
但是在外面那个无情的世界,到处都有想迫害我们的人。
Can't you see, they made you what you are!
但是在外面那个无情的世界 到处都有想迫害我们的人。
They turned you into a monster.
他们把你变成了怪物。
-Sylar:Oh, That makes It okay?
哼!那样就说得过去了是么?
-Sam: It makes it the truth! You wanted to know who you are.
这才是事实真相!你不是想要知道你是谁吗?
And now you do. The question now is, where are you gonna go from here?
现在你知道了阿。接下来的问题是你将要何去何从?
Do you wallow in self-pity, or do you learn to use the gifts god gave you and command
fear and respect,
wallow:打滚 self-pity:自怨自艾
你是仅仅沉浸于自怨自艾,还是要学会上天赐予你的天赋支配恐惧与尊敬。
and defend against those who would do us harm?
来抵抗那些想伤害我们的人?
All in the embrace of a community who loves you for exactly who you are.
embrace:拥抱
在这样一个因你而爱你的家族中。
-Sylar:You just met me. You would take me in here... knowing what I've done, knowing
who I am?
你正好遇见了我,知道了我是谁,我都做过什么后你还愿把我带到这里来?
We're family. Family accepts. Family forgives.
我们是一个家庭,家庭是包容的,是互相原谅的。
There's a problem. That policeman who was hunting you, he's here.
但是有个问题。那个追捕你的警察现在在附近。
It's not just about you anymore. We're harboring a criminal now.
harboring:窝藏
这已不再是你一个人的事情了,现在我们算是窝藏罪犯咯。
-Sylar:What do you want me to do?
你想要我做什么?
-Sam:I...can't make that decision for you. But your presence here puts all of us in
jeopardy. Something has to be done.
jeopardy:危险
我不能为你做决定。但是因为你的出现我们都身处险境。有些事情你必须去做。
-Sylar:Where is he?
他在哪?
-Sam:One of my men saw him going into the house of mirrors.
我的人看到他进了镜子屋。
-Nurse:I don't know what to do with him. A leash. A cage? Maybe a cattle prod.
leash:皮带 cattle:牲畜 prod:刺棒
我真是拿他没办法,是要用皮绳呢?还是笼子?还是赶牛的刺棒。
Now... you keep your Japanese tush in this bed!
tush:可以形容女人性感的臀部 【日本人的小屁股】
给我听好... 小日本儿 你好好待着别乱跑!
-Hiro:I am not a pet.
我不是宠物。
-Emma:She's right, Hiro. You're sick.
她是对的,Hiro。你生病了。
You need to stop using your power before it kills you.
你必须在你的能力杀死你之前停止使用它。
-Hiro:But my power isn't killing me. It keeps me alive.
我的超能力没有杀死我,他是我感觉自己是活着的。
When I was stuck in my cubicle every day wasting my life, that's when I was dying.
stuck:卡住,困住 cubicle:公寓
当时我整天就是坐在小隔间虚度年华,那才是要命呢。
-Emma:How can you be so focused helping others, knowing what it might cost?
focus:专注于
既然知道有什么后果,为什么还是那么专注于帮助别人?
-Hiro:I had a friend once. She knew she was dying, but that didn't push her off her path.
我曾有个朋友,她知道她时间不多了,但她也没有因此而改变生活方向。
She told me to keep joy and dignity alive, even in the face of death.
dignity:尊严
他告诉我不要失去快乐和尊严,就算是面对的是死亡。
Her name was Charlie.
她叫Charlie。
Oh, my god. I can't believe I left her off the list.
哦,天啊。我真不敢相信我的名单里漏了她。
-Emma:What? What are you doing?
什么?你要干什么?
-Hiro:Paper and pen, stat. I had a list.
纸和笔,统计一个名单。
A list of all the wrongs I have to right before I die.
所有在我死之前要纠正的错误。
I can't believe I forgot her.
真不敢相信我竟然忘了她。
-Emma:Hiro... promise me you won't leave until Peter returns.
Hiro…你要向我保证,在Peter回来之前你不能走。
-Noah:There's been an accident at 2627 Otsego.
在2627号 Otsego有一起事故。
Please send the police and the coroner. Did you get his ability?
请派警察来,就在拐弯的地方。你得到他的能力了吗?
-Peter:Yeah. So what next?
恩,下一步呢?
-Noah:Well, there's an air field about six miles south of here off the highway.
沿着高速往南6英里有个机场。
I called in a favor and I got you a ride. It's not as fast as the way you got here, but-- -
我找的熟人帮忙,搭你一程。但是不如你来的时候快 但...
-Peter:you're not coming with?
你不一起来吗?
-Noah:No. All right, better hurry. Hiro's waiting.
不了。好了,你还是赶紧吧。Hiro等不了了。
Okay, so, I jerry-rigged the heater.
我简单收拾了一下暖器机。
And I backed up the vent.
vent:排气口
It's gonna look like carbon monoxide poisoning, okay?
carbon monoxide:一氧化碳 poison:中毒
这样看起来像是一氧化碳中毒,好吧?
You came home and you found them. All right?
你回到家发现他们。
- Jeremy:You're staying here?
你留在这?
-Noah:Yeah.
是的。
- Jeremy:How long?
留多久?
-Noah:Till I know that you're all right. Jeremy, it used to be my job to watch over people
like you.
直到你完全恢复过来吧。Jeremy,我以前的工作是监视跟你一样的人。
But somehow I, um... I lost my way. I dropped the ball.
但不知为何... 有些迷失,我搞砸了。
You may not even know it, but I let you down. Come on.
你可能不知道,但我让你失望了。来吧。
-Lubbock:You! Hands above your head...now. Now!
你! 举起手来...快点!
-Sylar:You need to leave here now. While there's still time.
你得离开这里,现在就走趁现在还不是太晚。
-Lubbock:I got a better idea. You resist arrest, then I have an excuse. I'm just trying to
save you. What are you?
我有更好的点子,你拘捕好让我也有个借口,我这是为你好。你是什么人。
-Edgar:Don't just stand there, ****
我只是站在这里。
-Hiro:That was beautiful.
真漂亮。
-Emma:You promised you would stay in bed.
你向我保证会呆在床上的。
-Hiro:Joy and dignity in the face of death.
即使面对死亡也保持快乐与尊严。
-Emma:Just like Charlie.
就像Charlie。
Come on, back to bed.
来回床上吧。
Hiro.
Hiro?
-Sam:You're safe now. Tonight... we welcome a new brother into our family.
你现在安全了。今晚…我们欢迎家庭中的新兄弟。
He will live and work among us...
他会和我们工作和生活在一起…
and will be welcome here all the rest of our days.
他今后都会受到我们的欢迎。
There, there, Edgar, don't pout.
pout:撅嘴
好了,Edgar,别生气。
-Edgar:Good thing I followed that bastard.
bastard:混球
幸亏我当时跟踪了那混球。
I had a feeling he wouldn't follow through.
我就知道那小子下不去手。
-Sam:Aw, he's just a baby learning how to walk.
它就像个学走路的婴儿。
-Edgar:What use is he to us like this? What use is a lion that can't kill?
她这个样子多我们有什么用?一只不会咬人的狮子。
-Sam:Maybe it's better this way. We just make a better Sylar. And when we do... he'll be
ours forever.
或许这样更好呢,咱们把他塑造成更好的Sylar。事成之日... 他就永远是我们的了。
-Emma:Peter.
-Peter:Emma. I'm sorry it took so long. How is he?
Emma。不要意思我耽误了很长时间。他怎么样了?
-Emma:Hiro' s gone.
Hiro走了。
-Peter:What?
什么?
-Emma:He disappeared. Just disappeared.
他消失了,刚刚消失。
"Save Charlie.
词汇解析:Shina



评 论


