提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)                             

 

Season 1, Episode 1: Unaired Premiere Episode

 

-Suresh: (Indian man) Where does it come from,

Indian: 印度的

(印度人) 它缘何而来?

this quest?

quest: 探寻追寻

这种探寻

This need to solve life's mysteries,

solve: 解决,解开  mystery: 奥秘,神秘

想要揭开生命奥秘的渴求

when the simplest of questions can never be answered.

simplest: simple的最高级 简单的  never: 从不

如此质朴的问题却从未有过答案

Why are we here?

为什么我们在这里?

 What is the soul?

soul: 灵魂

什么是灵魂?

Why do we dream?

dream: 做梦

为什么我们会做梦?

Perhaps we'd be better off not looking at all.

perhaps: 或许 

也许漠不关心会更好

-Suresh: Not doubting, not yearning.

doubting: 怀疑的  yearning: 渴望的,向往的

不存疑惑,不存向往

(第一章 基因)

-Suresh: That's not human nature.

human: 人的,人类的  nature: 本性,天性

这不是人类的本性

Not the human heart.

heart: 心灵,心境

不是人类的心境

That is not why we are here.

更不是我们存在的原因

-Simone: (woman) How's he doing?

()他怎么样了?

(York City)

(纽约市)

-Simone: I'm sorry. Did I scare you?

scare: 惊吓

抱歉,我吓着你了吗?

-Peter: No.

 No, I just, uh,

不,我只是,呃

I keep having these amazing dreams

amazing: 令人惊异的

我一直会做令人惊讶的梦

every time I close my eyes, and...

close: ,关闭

每次我一闭上眼睛,就

Never mind, um...

算了

He likes me to read him the stock page.

stock: 股票,证券  page: (书、报纸等的)一页

他喜欢我读证券版给他听

-Simone: He's even conscious at all?

conscious: 神志清醒的,有意识的  even: 甚至

他还是有意识吗?

-Peter: No.

Been a week now.

已经一个礼拜了

I think he's close.

close: close=close to death: 快要死了】[seeming likely to happen or to do something soonfrom LONGMAN DICTIONARY]

我想他快要坚持不住了

A couple more days, maybe.

couple: ()

就这几天,也许吧

-Simone: You know, I don't know what he would do without you.

没有你我真不知道怎么办

 You got a real gift.

gift: 天赋,天资

你真的很有天赋

-Peter: Just doing my job.

尽职尽力而已-

-Simone: No.You're like a son to him.

like: 像,如同

不。你就像是儿子那样对待他

-Peter: Well, then, that would make us like brother and sister.

make: 使

好吧,那我们就像是兄妹了

Might be a little awkward if I ever wanted to ask you out.

might: 可能  awkward: 笨拙的  ever: 某时 

再想约你出去就尴尬了

I'm sorry.

抱歉

That was, uh, that was inappropriate.

inappropriate: 不合适的

也许这样不太合适

-Simone: No, it--it's sweet. It's—

sweet: 好听的,令人愉快的

不,听起来很不错 只是...

 I'm dating somebody, and—

date: 交往

我已经在和别人交往了

-Peter: Yeah, no, really. It's...okay.

okay: ok 好的

哦,没事 真的,没关系的

I need to change his IV.

change: 更换  IV: intravenous fluid的缩写 静脉注射液

我得帮他换点滴了

-Simone: I'm sorry. No.

抱歉 - 没关系

Of course.

没问题

-Suresh: Man is a narcissistic species by nature.

man: 人类  narcissistic: 自我陶醉的  species: [生物学]种,品种  nature: 天性

人类是天性自恋的物种

We have colonized the four corners of our tiny planet.

colonize: (使)聚居  corner: 角落  tiny: 极小的  planet: 行星,星球

我们在这些角落生生不息,在这个小得可怜的星球上

(MADRAS, INDIA 3 DAYS AGO)

But we are not the pinnacle of so-called evolution.

pinnacle: 尖峰  so-called: 所谓的  evolution: 进化

但我们并没有走在进化的最前沿

That honor belongs to the lowly cockroach.

honor: 荣誉  lowly: (在生物或文明进化上)等级低的  cockroach: 蟑螂

只有最低等的蟑螂才享有如此殊荣

Capable of living for months without food.

capable: 有能力的

能在没有食物的情况下生存数月

Remaining alive headless for weeks at a time.

remain: 保持  alive: 活着的  headless: 无头的 

没有脑袋还能活过数周

Resistant to radiation.

resistant: 抵抗的  radiation: 辐射

对辐射有抵抗力

If God has indeed created himself in his own image,

indeed: 确实,实在  create: 创造  own : 自己的  image: 图像,想象

如果上帝根据脑中的图象创造自己

then I submit to you that God is a cockroach.

then: 那么  submit: 听从,听任

那么我敢肯定上帝是一只蟑螂

They say that man uses only a tenth of his brain power.

brain: 大脑  power: 能量

有人说人类只使用了脑容量的十分之一

Another percent,

 percent: 百分之...

另外的部分

and we might actually be worthy of God's image.

actually: 实际上  image: 观念,看法

只有好好开发才符合上帝的本意

Unless, of course, that day has already arrived.

unless: 除非  already: 已经  arrive: 到达

除非...当然,这一天已经到来

The Human Genome Project has discovered

genome: 基因组  project: 项目,计划  discover: 发现

人类基因组项目已经发现

that tiny variations in man's genetic code

tiny : 极小的  variation: 变异  genetic: 基因的,遗传的  code: 密码

人类基因码中的很小一部分

are taking place at increasingly rapid rates.

increasingly: 逐渐地,渐增地  rapid: 迅速的  rate: 速度

正在日益迅速地变异

Teleportation, levitation, tissue regeneration.

teleportation: 瞬间移动,心灵转动  levitation: 反重力漂浮  tissue: 组织 

regeneration: 再生

瞬间移动,反重力漂浮,组织再生

Is this outside the realm of possibility?

outside: 在…外  realm: 领域  possibility: 可能性

这是不是超出了可能性的范围?

Or is man entering a new gateway to evolution?

enter: 进入  gateway: 门,通路  evolution: 进化

还是人类进入了进化演变的崭新大门?

Is he finally standing at the threshold to true human potential?

finally: 最终  threshold: 门槛  potential: 潜能,潜力

人类终究站在开发潜能的门槛上了吗?

I'm sorry, I'm out of time.

对不起,时间到了

I know, I know.

我知道,我知道

I'm beginning to sound like my father.

我开始像我父亲那样说话了

I can't help it.

我也控制不住

You know, they can fire me too, if they like.

fire: 解雇,开除

你知道,他们可以解雇我,随便

But there is something to it, Nirad.

但确有其事,尼拉德

As crazy as it sounds.

as: 像……一样  crazy: 疯狂的  sound: 听起来,好像

我知道这听上去很疯狂

What is it?

怎么了?

-Nirad: It's...your father.

...你的父亲

He's dead.

dead: 死的

他过世了

-Suresh: How?

怎么会?

Driving a taxi in New York City is a very dangerous job.

 drive: 开车  taxi: 出租车  dangerous: 危险的

在纽约市开出租车是非常危险的工作

The wrong fare, the wrong time

fare: 情况,情形

错误的地点,错误的时间

We may never know what really happened.

happen: 发生

我们也许永远也不知道 到底发生了什么

No, I spoke to him two days ago.

不,两天前我还和他通过话

He was convinced someone was following him,

convinced: 信服的,确信的  follow: 跟随,跟踪

他很肯定有人跟踪他

trying to steal his research.

steal: 偷窃  research: 研究,调查结果

试图窃取他的调查结果

He died because of his theories.

theory: 理论

他是因为他的理论而死的

That's crazy.

crazy: 古怪的,不切实际的

这太荒谬了

-Nirad: Is it? The man left his family, discredited his career to chase wild theories halfway around the world!

discredit: 损害…名誉  career: 事业  chase: 追求  halfway: 半路地  wild: 疯狂的  around: 在……周围

是吗?他抛开家庭,放弃事业到世界的另一头去追求疯狂的理论!

Where are you going?

你要去哪里?

-Suresh: To his apartment,

apartment: 公寓

去他的公寓

to get his papers, his research.

paper: 论文  research: 调查结果

去拿他的论文,他的调查结果

He was this close to finding the first of "them."

他离找到他们中的一员已经如此接近了

His Patient Zero.

patient: 病人

他的病人哲洛

He tracked him to Queens, New York.

track: 跟踪

跟踪他到纽约皇后区

-Nirad: Mohinder, listen to me.

Mohinder,听我说

Your father was my colleague and my friend.

colleague: 同事

你父亲是我的同事和好友

A respected professor, a brilliant geneticist.

respected: 令人尊敬的  professor: 教授  brilliant: 杰出的  geneticist: 遗传学家

一位令人尊敬的教授,杰出的遗传学家

But he had clearly lost touch with reality.

clearly: 明显地  touch: 联系,接触  reality: 实际

但他很显然脱离实际了

-Suresh:I followed in his footsteps.

follow: 跟随  footstep: 脚步

我跟随他的脚步

My thesis is based on his research!

thesis: 论文

我的论文都是基于他的调查结果!

-Nirad: Yes, you always wanted his approval!

approval: 赞同,认可

没错 你总是想得到他的认同!

-Suresh: And now you're telling me that it was all for nothing.

但现在你却对我说这都毫无意义

-Nirad: I'm telling you to let go.

我想和你说就让这一切过去吧

-Suresh: I need to know why he died.

我得知道他是怎么死的

I need to know that it wasn't all for nothing.

我要知道那些并不是毫无意义的

And then I need to finish what he started.

finish: 完成

然后我会完成由他开始的事业

(Genesis)

genesis: (事物的)起源;由来

(起源)

(HUMAN FLIGHT POTENTIAL)

flight: 飞行  potential: 潜能

(人类飞行潜能)

(RAPID CELLULAR REGENERATION)

cellular: 细胞的  regeneration: 再生

(快速细胞再生)

(TELEPORTATION)

teleportation: 心灵传动,远距传物

(时空转移 )

[cell phone rings]

ring:

-Bennett: Hello? Yeah.

yeah:

喂,你好?是的

Yeah, I'm at his place now.

place: 住所,寓所

对,我在他家里

No, no, no.

不,不,不

He left everything behind but his computer.

他除了电脑什么都留下了

Research, the map.

调查结果,地图

Yeah, let's get a team in here to bag and tag everything.

bag: 把…装进袋子里  tag: 加标签于

没错,派一队人过来 给所有东西贴上标签并且打包

I gotta call you right back.

gotta: <美俚> (=have got to) 必须 

我一会儿回你电话

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

拉斯维加斯,内华达州

-Niki: Time's up

up: 结束的

时间到了

-net friend: Little more. Please

再来点吧,求你了

-niki: It'll cost you another 39 bucks

cost: 花费  buck: [美国俚语]美元

那你得再多付39

-net friend: BITCH!

bitch: 母狗,泼妇,婊子

婊子!

-Niki: Time to get up, Micah.

该起床了,Micah

Micah?

Micah

Micah!

Micah

Micah?

Micah

Micah!

Micah

-Micah: What?

干什么?

-Niki: Damn it, Micah, don't do that to me.

见鬼,Micah,别这样

-Micah: Do what?

怎么了?

-Niki: You need to be careful.

 careful: 小心的

你要学会小心

All right?

好吗?

-Micah: I'm just working on my computer.

我只是在弄我的电脑

The logic board was bad. So I had to build a new one.

logic: [计算机]逻辑的  board:   build: 建造

主板坏了,我得做一块新的

-Niki: A new one.

一块新的主板

Did anyone ever tell you you're the smartest little man on the planet?

smartest: 最聪明的,smart的最高级  planet: [the P-]地球

有人告诉过你,你是世界上最聪明的孩子吗?

-Micah: You do. All the time.

你说过,总是在说

-Niki: What's this?

这是什么?

-Micah: It's a pinhole camera.

pinhole: 针孔  camera: 照相机

针孔相机

It's for the eclipse.

eclipse: 日食

用来看日食的

The moon's gonna cover up the sun today.

gonna: <> 将要(=going to) 

今天月亮会把太阳遮住

We're supposed to look at it at school.

我们本来要在学校里看的

-Niki: Speaking of which...

说起这个

You need to go get ready. We can't be late.

你得准备一下,我们不能迟到

Not today.

今天不行

-Micah: Mom, I'm already dressed,

妈妈,我已经穿好衣服了

and I've packed my own lunch.

pack: 把……打包  own: 自己的

而且把午饭打包了

That's what I've been doing this morning.

我早上就干了这些

What about you?

你在做什么?

-Niki: Hey, don't get smart with me.

smart: 聪明的

嘿,别跟我耍小聪明

All right, I've been working to pay our bills.

pay: 支付  bill: 账单

好吧,我在工作为了付帐单

-Micah: Yeah, that's why they turned off our gas again?

gas: 煤气

那他们为什么又断了我们的煤气?

-Niki: Go grab your stuff and wait by the back door, okay?

grab: 抓取  stuff: 东西

收拾好东西去后门等着,好吗?

-Micah: Why?

为什么?

-Niki: Just do it.

快去

[doorbell rings]

doorbell: 门铃

-Micah: Mom, what's going on?

妈,发生什么了?

-Niki: Never mind, just keep your voice down

voice: 声音

没什么,小声点

and stay close to me.

close: 接近的,靠近的

跟紧我

[pounding on door]

pound: 猛击

(Odessa, Texas)

(奥德萨,得克萨斯州)

-Claire: Camera ready?

摄像机准备好了吗?

-classmate: Yeah, almost. Hold on.

almost: 几乎,差不多    

嗯,差不多了,等一下

This looks like 70, 80 feet. This is so unreal.

feet :   unreal: 不真实的

看上去有7080英尺 太不可思议了

-Claire: Okay, I'm good!

好的,我准备好了

-classmate: Okay.

好的

Aah! Oh, my--

啊!喔 天啊

[thud] Oh, my God!

thud: 砰的一声

我的天!

Oh, my God. Claire!

天啊 Claire

[feet pounding, breathing hard]

breathe: 呼吸

Oh, my God.

天啊

Claire!

Claire

[crack] Uhh!

crack: 破裂声,噼啪声

[breathing hard]

-Claire: This is Claire Bennett.

我是Claire Bennett

And that was attempt number six.

attempt: 尝试

这是第六次尝试

-driver: You get out here, yes?

在这里下车,没错吧?

-Nathan: Mr. Linderman, I'm gonna have to call you back in five minutes, okay?

Linderman先生,过5分钟我再打过来,好吗?

Thank you.

谢谢

I'm late-- I've got a fundraiser

fundraiser: 募集资金者

我要迟到了。要去见集资人

and a drinks meeting.

drink:

还要参加酒会

-Peter: It happened two more times.Sometimes I'm falling. Sometimes I'm flying.

fall: 落下

又发生了两次。有时候我在下落,有时候我在飞翔

Sometimes you're in 'em.

'em: [口语]them

有时候你也在梦里

-Nathan: I don't have time for this now.

我现在没空听这个

-Peter: They're not just dreams, Nathan.

dream:

这并不仅仅是梦,Nathan

-Nathan: Hold this.

hold: 拿着

帮我拿着这个

-Peter: I thought they would go away, but they're not.

我以为他们会消失,但并没有

-Nathan: Tim, I need this back by 6:00, please.

by: 不迟于;到(某时)之前

提姆,麻烦这个6点钟之前给我

-Peter: This morning, when I got out of bed,

今天早上,我起床的时候

my foot hovered before it hit the ground.

hover: 悬空  hit: 碰撞

我的脚着地之前腾空了

Hovered for a split second.

split second: 一瞬间 split: 分散的  second:

腾空了那么一点时间

Like I was-- like I was floating.

float: 漂浮

就像我在...像是在漂浮

I'm telling you, buddy, I think I can fly.

buddy: 老兄,伙伴,朋友

伙计,告诉你,我觉得我可以飞

These all undecided?

undecided: 未决定的

这些都是还未决定的吗?

Mm-hmm.

是啊

-Nathan: Tell you what, you think you can fly,

知道吗,你觉得你能飞

why don't you jump off the Brooklyn Bridge?

bridge:

为什么不从布鲁克林桥上跳下去呢?

See what happens.

看看会发生什么

-Peter: Maybe I ought to start with something a little lower first.

lower: 低的

也许我该从稍微低一点的建筑开始

It's like learning to walk.

这就像是在学走路

-Nathan: You're serious?

serious: 认真的

你没开玩笑吧?

-Peter: Oh, I'm serious.

没有,我是认真的

-Nathan: You need to snap out of it, Peter.

snap: 使迅速行动

你该清醒清醒了,Peter

See a doctor. Get some drugs.

drug:

去看看医生,吃点药

But do not pull a Roger Clinton on me, man.

兄弟,你可别给我惹祸

I'm eight points down in the polls.

poll: 民意测验  point:

我的支持率下降了8个百分点

-Peter: This isn't about you, all right?

现在不是在讨论你,好吗?

Something is happening to me, and I have this feeling that you're the only person that's gonna understand this.

feeling: 感觉  gonna-going to: 将会  understand: 理解

是在我身上发生的事情而我感觉你是唯一能理解我的人

-Nathan: Why the hell would I understand that you think you can fly?

到底为什么我要理解你觉得自己能飞?

 

[cell phone ringing]

 

-Peter: Because you're my brother.

因为你是我哥哥

-Nathan: Mom, I can't talk--

妈,现在不方便说话

-Peter: What?

什么?

-Nathan: I'll be there in 10 minutes.

10分钟以后到

-Peter: What'd she do now?

她怎么了?

-Nathan: She got arrested.

arrest: 逮捕

她被捕了

-Peter: Arrested for what?

为什么被捕?

-Nathan: Shoplifting.

shoplifting: (佯装顾客进行的)商店货物的偷窃

入店行窃

-Claire: I'm so depressed

depressed: 沮丧的

我心情不好

-classmate: What?

什么?

What are you talking about? Why?

你在说什么?为什么?

(on tape) You ready?

tape: 录像带

你准备好了吗?

(on tape) Yeah, I'm good.

嗯,好了

-classmate: All right, besides the fact that it was so gross

besides: 除……以外  fact : 事实  gross: 令人恶心的

好吧,只是看上去稍微有一点恶心

I almost fudged myself, this is the single coolest thing to happen to this town in, like, 100 years.

fudge: 回避,躲闪  single: 独特的  cool: 极好的,极妙的

我都不相信自己了,这是这个小镇上最酷的事情了在这100年来

-Claire: Not if nobody finds out, it's not.

没人发现就不算了

(Zach, on tape) Claire!

Claire

-classmate: Why would you want me to tape you?

tape: 用录像带记录,录制

你为什么让我帮你拍这个?

-Claire: I have my reasons.

我有我的理由

-classmate: It's not like you're not gonna be popular anymore.

popular: 受欢迎的  anymore: 不再

就算别人知道了你还是一样受欢迎

-Claire: Popular?

受欢迎?

Who said anything about being popular?

谁在说受不受欢迎了?

My life as I know it is over, okay?

over: 结束的

我的生活已经结束了,好吗?

I've got the Bishop game next week,

bishop: [国际象棋]  game: 比赛

我下周还有国际象棋比赛

SAT's in October, homecoming's three weeks from today, and I'm a freak show!

sat: 学术评估考试  Scholastic Assessment Test的缩写  homecoming: 同学会  freak: 怪人  show: 表演

10月份的高考,三个礼拜以后同学会,而我现在却在做怪物表演

-classmate: You're being a little dramatic, don't you think?

dramatic: 戏剧性的;充满冲突的

你不觉得你把事情想得太糟了吗?

-Claire: No, I don't think!

不,我不觉得!

I have busted, like, every bone in my body, stabbed myself in the chest,

 

bust: 崩溃  bone: 骨头   body: 身体  stab: 刺,戳  chest: 胸部

我要崩溃了,我身体里每一根骨头从我的胸膛穿过去

I've shoved a two-foot steel rod through my neck, and I don't have a scratch on me!

shove: 推挤  two-foot: 两英尺  rod: 杆,棒  through: 通过  neck: 脖子  scratch: 划伤,擦伤

用两英尺长的铁棍穿过我的脖子而我身上一点伤都没有!

-classmate: Wh--what do you call that thing sticking out?

stick: 刺,戳

你身上戳出来的是什么?

-Claire: Ugh. Great.

哦,好吧

Just give me the tape, okay?

把带子给我,好吗

-classmate: Sure.  

当然

[snapping fingers]

snap: 使噼啪作响  finger: 手指

-classmate: Hey, I--I can give you a ride on my handle bars, if you want.

handle: 手柄  bar: 杆,棒

嘿,我可以载你一程,如果你愿意的话

[sighs]

sigh: 叹息

-Claire: Look...thanks, okay?

听着...谢谢你

I'll talk to you in front of people at school tomorrow.

明天我会在大家面前找你聊天的

Promise.

 promise: 答应,承诺

我答应你

TOKYO, JAPAN

东京,日本

-Hiro: I did it!

成功了

-Ando: I did it!

成功了

I did it!

我成功了

-Ando: What now?

现在又怎么了?

-Hiro: I've broken the space continuum!

break: 控制;打破  space: 时间  continuum: 连续性

我打破了时空的连续性

-Ando: Good for you!

真厉害!

-Hiro: My clock

我的时钟,

I made it go back one second using only my mind my thoughts

mind: 精神,意念  thought: 观念,想法 

我仅用意念就让时间倒退了一秒钟

-Ando: Too bad you're not paid by the hour

可惜啊 你又不是钟点工

-Hiro: I'm serious

 serious: 认真的

没骗你

This explains the subway this morning

explain: 解释  subway: 地铁

这下我明白了今早地铁迟到的原因

-Ando: It was fourteen seconds late big deal

deal: 事情

不就是晚了14秒钟吗,没什么大不了

-Hiro: The train is never late

可通常它是不会迟到的

-Ando: until you made it late… using only your mind

这么说是你用超能力让它迟到的喽

-Hiro: Yes. I have discovered powers beyond any mere mortal

discover: 发现  beyond: 超出  mere: 仅仅的  mortal: 凡人的,普通人的

那是当然我具备常人没有的超能力

-Ando: Right. You and Spock

是啊 是啊。那你就是Spock

-Hiro: Yes. Like Spock Exactly

exactly: 恰好地,正好地

没错我就是Spock

-boss: what're you doing here?

你在这干吗?

-Ando: HelloSpock use your 'death grip', Spock! The 'death grip'

grip: 紧握,握力

喂,Spock快用大招“死亡之爪”快用大招啊,Spock

"idiot"

idiot: 白痴

真是个蠢蛋

-president: Your son is a very intelligent boy. Gifted, actually.

intelligent: 聪明的  gifted: 有天赋  actually: 实际上

你的孩子非常聪明、很有天赋

That's not the issue. His father's not around, and...

issue: 争论点,问题

但是问题不在这里,他父亲不在我们身边

Sometimes I think he could use a bit of a stronger hand, you know?

hand: 管理,支配

有时候我觉得他需要严加管教一下,你知道的?

[chuckles]

chuckle: 低声笑

-Niki: I work nights a lot, but, um... we can both work harder.

我经常晚上工作,但是我们都很努力地工作

It's not about the work.

这和工作没有关系

-president: The truth is, I just don't know if this school is the right fit for him.

truth: 事实  fit: 适宜的

问题是我不知道这学校是否合适他

-Niki: But he's made friends.

但他已经在交朋友了

-president: I'm sorry.

我很抱歉

-Niki: He's on the soccer team

soccer: 英式足球

他参加了足球队

-president: I'm sorry.

我很抱歉

-Niki: I wrote a check for $25,000 to get him into this snob-fest.

check: 支票  snob: 势利小人  fest: 集会

我开了一张25,000块的支票让他能来加入这个势利之地

I was told that's what it took.

别人告诉我就是这个价

That's on top of the tuition

tuition: 学费.

还是这里最多的学费

 

[clears throat]

clear: (嗓子)  throat: 喉咙

 

-president: About the tuition.

谈到学费

Uh, your last three checks have bounced.

bounce: [口语](支票因开票人账上存款不敷)被拒付而退回,银行拒绝兑现

呃,你的前3张支票被银行退回来了

-Niki: Fine, take it out of the 25 grand that I gave you.

grand: (美俚)一千美元

好吧,那就用我开给你的25,000

-president: That was a donation.

donation: 捐赠

那是捐助

And it was very appreciated.

appreciate: 感谢

我们非常感激

-Niki: Well, I want my money back.

好吧,把我的钱还给我

 I want my money back...now.

我现在,就要拿回我的钱

-president: That money went to the capital campaign for the new wing.

went: go的过去式 用于,花掉  capital: 资金的,与资金有关的  campaign: 竞选活动  wing: (党政的)左翼,右翼;派别

钱已经另作他用了,已经作为新党的竞选费用了

It's already been spent.

spend: 花费

已经花出去了

-Niki: Then un-spend it.

un-spend: 【取回】 [To shoplift after getting severe dissatisfaction with returning a purchase —from Urban Dictionary]

那就给我取回来

-president: I'm sorry.

非常抱歉

We can maybe discuss an extension of the money that you owe, but I don't...

discuss: 讨论  extension: 延长,延长的日期  owe:

也许我们可以谈谈你延期付款的问题,但我不确定...

-Niki: I want my money back.

把我的钱还回来

[hissing]

hiss: 嘘声,嘶嘶声

-president: That's...not...possible.

possible: 可能的

那是...不可能的

-Niki: Come on, baby, let's get out of here.

亲爱的,我们走

We're too good for this lousy school.

lousy: 差劲的,低贱的

垃圾学校不配收你这样的好孩子

-Micah: Mom?

妈妈?

-Niki: Leave me alone.

离我远点

-Nathan: For God's sakes, Ma.

sake: 缘故,理由  ma:

天啊,妈

-Peter: [kiss] Are you okay?

你还好吗?

-mother: They dropped the charges. I have to fill out a form. No big deal.

drop: 放弃  charge: 指控  form: 表格

他们放弃起诉了。我只要填几张表,没什么大不了的

-Nathan: No big deal? I'm running for Congress.

congress: 议会

没什么大不了?我正在竞选议员

Do you have any idea. what this is gonna do to me if it gets out, with our family's past?

past: 过去,往事

你知道这会对我造成多大的影响吗如果把我们家庭的背景传出去?

What could you possibly need so bad that you had to steal it?

 

possibly: 可能地,也许  bad: 极其,很  steal:

你有什么东西需要你亲自去偷?

Never mind. I don't wanna know.

wanna: (=want to)仅能用于口语,相当于want to或者want a

算了 我不想知道

-mother: Socks. Socks.

袜子 袜子

-Nathan: Dad left you a fortune. What are you thinking?

fortune: 财产

爸爸给你留了那么多家产,你怎么想的?

You know, it's been one ridiculous stunt after another with you for the last six months.

ridiculous: 荒唐的  stunt: 噱头,引人注目的举动

你知道,你过去半年以来一直在做着一件一件的傻事

Dad's gone. Just get over it.

gone: 死了的

爸爸已经过世了 想开点

-Peter: You know what? Leave her alone.

别再烦她了

She's okay. That's all that matters.

matter: 有重要性

她没事才是最重要的

-Nathan: I gotta get this out of the press.

gotta=have got to: 必须  press: 新闻界

这事可不能让媒体知道

-Peter: You know what? Just get out of here.

你走吧

Go worry about your image. I'll handle this.

image: 形象  handle: 处理

忙你的事情这里交给我

-Nathan: Yeah. Good. I gotta make sure this stays buried.

stay: 继续处于某种状态  buried: 掩藏的

好吧,很好  得保证这事不被曝光

Thanks a lot, Mom.

谢谢,妈妈

-mother: Mm-hmm.

-Peter: What were you thinking?

你在想点什么?

-mother: I just wanted to feel alive again.

alive: 活着的

我只是想再感受一下自己还活着

-Peter: Nathan only cares about himself.

Nathan只关心他自己

-mother: Your father was the same way. Alpha dogs, both of them.

Alpha dog: 【领导者】 [The leader or authority in a group, especially in a group of friendsfrom Urban Dictionary]

你的父亲也是这样,整日想着高升,两个人都这副德性

You, in the meantime, for all your selflessness in... sitting with dying people...

meantime: 同时  selflessness: 无私,忘我  dying: 垂死的

而你如今却把你自己无私奉献给那些垂死的人

What? You gonna retire on what you make?

retire: 退休  make: 成为, 变成

你要把这当成你的终身事业吗?

-Peter: Maybe I'll shoplift my socks.

shoplift: 在商店偷窃

也许我也得去店里偷袜子

-mother: Don't get smart.

smart: 聪明的

别强嘴

When you put everyone else first, you end up last.

你把别人都放在首位,那你就在最末位了

You always put Nathan first. He took advantage.

advantage: 好处,利益

你总是处处为Nathan着想,他就占了便宜

-Peter: Yeah, it wasn't you that was just pushing him right out in front of me?

没错,当初不是你在我面前把他赶出去的吗?

-mother: He takes up more space than you.

space: 空间

他的欲望比你强

Demanded more attention.

demand: 要求  attention: 关注,注意

想到得到更多的关注

And besides, it's not my fault you allowed it.

besides: 除…之外  fault: 过失  allow: 允许

另外这也不是我的错你也默许的

-Peter: He's my brother. I love him.

他是我哥哥,我爱他

-mother: Oh, gah. Love is overrated.

overrated: 高估

天啊!爱得过火了

-Peter: And he loves me too.

而且他也爱我

I know it. We've always been close.

close: 关系亲密的

我知道我们总是那么亲密

-mother: Rose-colored glasses.

rose-colored: 乐观的;玫瑰色的

你太乐观了

-Peter: That's cruel, Mom.

cruel: 残忍的;令人痛苦的

妈,你太过分了

Look, since Dad died,

 since: 自从

听着,自从爸爸过世

I know you've been feeling free to speak your mind. But it wouldn't hurt to edit yourself every once in a while.

free: 自由的  mind: 想法edit: 修改

我知道你觉得能畅所欲言了,但你说话前先想一想不会有坏处的

I'm sorry if the truth hurts.

对不起,事实总是伤人的

-mother: I'm just saying you hero-worshipped him.

hero: 英雄  worship: 崇拜

我只是说你把他当成英雄 那样过分崇拜了

And those feelings were never returned.

return: 偿还

而这些感情是不会有回报的

-Peter: You're wrong.

你错了

It's biological, and I can't help it. We're...we're connected.

biological: 生物的  help: 控制,忍住  connected: 联系的

这是血缘关系,我没法控制。我们...我们是联系在一起的

I never told you this, but when Nathan had his accident,

accident: 事故

我从没有对你提起过但当Nathan出事的时候

I knew it.

我已经知道了

-mother: We all got the same call.

我们都接到了同样的电话

-Peter: No, I'm saying before the call. Like he was telling me, 300 miles away.

mile: 英里

不,我是说在电话来之前,就像是他在300英里以外和我说话

I woke up, and I knew that he'd been hurt.

hurt: 受伤的

我醒来,我知道他已经受伤了

-Micah: I hate it here.

hate: 讨厌,憎恨

我不喜欢这里

She doesn't even have any books to read.

 even: 甚至

她那边都没有书可以读

-Niki: Baby, I'll be right back. I'm just gonna go and pack up a few things.

宝贝,我一会就回来,我要去收拾点东西

-Micah: We should really go see Dad.

我们该去找爸爸

-Niki: What good would that do?

那样做有什么好处?

-Micah: He could help.

他能帮上忙

He should know that someone's trying to hurt us.

他应该知道有人想要伤害我们

-Niki: Your dad's not in any position to help us right now.

position: 处境,状况

现在你爸爸根本不会来帮我们

Look, I made some mistakes.

听着,我犯过错误

 

[doorbell rings]

doorbell: 门铃

-Niki: I admit it.

admit: 承认

我承认