提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等) ![]()
HO s1e14 Distraction
-Peter: I don’t see how petty theft is part of my training.
petty: 琐碎的,小规模的,小气的 theft: 偷窃 training: 训练
我不明白怎么小偷小摸也成了我训练的一部分。
-Claude: There’s a lot you don’t see. You’ve no idea how to use these gifts of yours properly.
have no idea: 根本不知道 properly: 适当地,相当地,当然地
有很多你不明白的事。你也不清楚该如何适当运用你的天赋。
-Peter: Yeah, and you do? No, I…
对,但还有你清楚啊,我…
-Claude: Right now, your abilities only show up as a reflex. Autonomic, like swallowing. That’s a dog’s trick.
show up: 显露 reflex: 反射(映象,回复,习惯性思维) autonomic: 自发的,自律的 swallow: 咽口水 trick: 诡计,欺诈
目前,你的能力,只表现在惯性反射的阶段。神经自主控制的,就像我们吞咽口水。那是狗的习性。
Making it a conscious choice, using it. That’s what makes you more than poodle.
conscious: 神志清醒的,意识到的,自觉的,有意的 poodle: 狮子狗
对能力做有意识的选择,利用它。那才是让你比长毛狗强的地方。
-Peter: Is insulting me really gonna help me learn how to do that?
insult: 侮辱
这么侮辱我真的能帮我学会如何控制能力吗?
-Claude: Listen, you’re the one who’s a bomb set to blow up me and everyone in this city, unless I can get you housebroken.
blow up: 爆发(鼓起,放大) housebroken: 管教好的,有礼貌的,经训练的
听着,你就是那个会炸飞我和这个城市所有人的炸弹,除非我能成功训练你。
That’s right, now he’s listening.
那就对了,现在他在听了。
Now you absorb every ability you find. Yeah? You’re invisible with me, you’ve flown, you’ve read some minds.
absorb: 吸收,吸引…的注意,使全神贯注 invisible: 看不见的,无形的 flown: 飞(fly的过去分词) read somebody’s mind: 读懂某人的心思
现在你吸收了所有那些你遇到的人的能力了,对吗?你和我一样能隐形,你能飞,也能读懂人的心思。
-Peter: Yeah, put me in a coma for two weeks.
coma: 昏迷
是的,这让我昏迷了两周。
-Claude: Your body doesn’t know what to do with them all. It’s gotten jumbled, like file cards knocking around a shoebox.
jumbled: 混乱的,乱七八糟的 knock around: 粗暴对待(虐待) file: 档案 shoebox: 鞋盒
你的身体不知道怎么处理所有这些能力。它变得乱七八糟,就像档案卡四处散落在鞋箱旁。
Except with you, the cards are frozen in the radical elements, piling up to a critical mass.
radical: 激进的 element: 成分,元素 pile up: 堆积(积累) critical mass: 临界物质
没有你,卡片就被冻在放射性元素中,堆成大量的临界物质。
Now, I’m gonna teach you how to pull’em out one at a time.
‘em: them的简写 pull out: (使)摆脱困境
现在我要教你怎么把他们每次一个地分离出来。
-Peter: You think that’s possible?
你认为那可能吗?
-Claude: I hope so. Next time you shut down, it might not be just a coma. Might be the day you melt down.
shut down: 关闭(降临,关闭) coma: 昏迷 melt down: 渐渐化光,融掉,消化,使着迷
我希望如此。下次你倒下,也许就不只是昏迷了。也许就是你核爆熔化的那天。
-Peter: So then, let’s get to today’s lesson.
所以,让我们快点进入今天的课程。
-Claude: All right, let’s start by seeing if you can hold on to one of your powers without your benefactors hanging around.
benefactor: 恩人,捐助者,赠送者 hang around: 闲荡(徘徊,逗留)
好吧,让我开始看看你是否能使用你其中一种能力而不需要原始能力者在旁边。
-Peter: You think I can do that alone?
你认为我能一个人做到那些?
-Claude: We’re about to find out. Remember to breathe.
be about to: 刚要,即将 find out: 找出(查明,发现,想出,认识到,揭发出来) breathe: 呼吸
我们拭目以待吧。别忘了呼吸。
(Womens correctional facility, Las Vegas)
(女子教养所,拉斯韦加斯)
-Niki: God, it sounds like a bomb is about to go off.
sound like: 听起来像 be about to: 即将,将要 go off: 爆炸,突然想起
上帝啊,这听起来就像是有颗炸弹马上要爆炸了。
-Doctor: I know it's hard. Just focus on the mirror and try to relax.
focus on: 集中注意力于 focus: 集中,聚集 relax: 放轻松
我知道这很难,你只要专注于镜子上,试着放松
-Niki: I can't relax. You're trying to bring her out.
bring out: 带…出来,使出现,使显现
我无法放松,你正在努力把她释放出来
-Doctor: Jessica...
Jessica…
-Niki: I told you. She is dangerous. She could hurt you.
dangerous: 危险的 hurt: 使受伤,使疼痛
我跟你说过了,她很危险,她会伤害你的。
-Doctor: Show me. Those cuffs could keep an elephant in that chair.
cuff: 手铐 elephant: 大象
那就让我看看。那些手铐把大象都能拴在椅子上。
And just 'cause I'm a shrink, don't think I don't know how to use that Taser.
just 'cause= just because shrink: 精神病医生;精神病专家 Taser: 泰瑟枪
不要因为我是心理医生,就以为我不知道怎么用那个电击枪了。
-Niki: I thought that the goal was to get rid of her.
goal: 目标,目的 get rid of: 罢脱,去掉,除去
我觉得我们的目的是要把她除掉。
-Doctor: The goal here is to bring your two halves to a healthy middle, to have a unified and whole you, not two aspects at war.
halves: half的复数,某整体的二分之一 unified: 统一的 aspect: 方面
我们的目的是把你的双重人格中和成健康的人格。形成一个统一完整的你,而不是处于斗争状态的两部分。
-Niki: How do we do this?
那我们该怎么办?
-Doctor: Like I said, you focus on the reflection. And breathe.
reflection: 映像 breathe: 呼吸 mind: 心理,精神,思想 wander: 游荡
就像是我说的,把注意力集中到映像上。然后呼吸。
Come on. Feel free to let your mind wander.
来吧,让你的思维自由驰骋。
-Niki: We used to have a piano in our home.
used to: 过去常常
过去我们家有架钢琴。
-Doctor: You played?
play: 演奏
你弹过吗?
-Niki: Chopsticks, barely. My sister...
chopsticks: 筷子 barely: 仅仅,只,不过
勉强会弹些。【直译为:对我来说键盘就像是筷子】,我妹妹。。。
-Doctor: Jessica.
Jessica。
-Niki: She played beautifully. I used to... play with her sheet music.
beautifully: 优美地 sheet music: 活页乐谱
她弹的棒极了。我曾经用她的乐谱弹过。
I didn't... know what it was. It was just... dots and lines. I would... get out my crayons and connect the dots.
dots and lines: 点和线 crayon: 蜡笔 connect: 连接
我不知道那是什么。那对于我来说只是…点和线。我会拿出我的蜡笔把那些点都连起来。
-Niki: Jessica used to say...that I could turn Mozart into a monkey.
turn… into: 把…变成
Jessica常常会说…我能把Mozart变成个猴子,
-Jessica: I sure did.
我的确这么说过。
-Doctor: Jessica.
Jessica。
-Jessica: You should have listened to the little mouse.
listen to: 听 mouse: 老鼠
你真该听那个胆小鬼的劝告的。
(Primatech paper co. Odessa, Texas)
(Texas州,Odessa市的Primatech工厂)
-Sylar: How's Claire?
Claire还好吗?
-Noah: Uhh! Ohh...
噢!噢…
-Sylar: That was for the haircut.
haircut: 理发,剪发
这一下是为了你剪了我的头发。
You shouldn't have built such a good cage.
cage: 笼子
你真不该建一个这么棒的笼子的。
-Noah: You go anywhere near her...
你要是敢靠近她…
No! No! Noooo!
不!不!不!
(Isaac Mendez, Simone Deveaux. New York City)
(Isaac Mendez, Simone Deveaux,纽约市)
-Isaac: You didn't just use your key this time.
key: 钥匙
这次怎么没用你的钥匙呢。
-Simone: I shouldn't have them. Not any more.
not any more: 不再
我不该再拿着了。
You started painting since you got back from rehab. Can I see 'em?
get back from: 从…回来 rehab: 康复中心
自从你戒毒回来以后又开始绘画了,我能看看吗?
-Isaac: That's not done yet!
还没有完成呢。
-Simone: Oh, God. That's the roof of my father's building.
噢,上帝啊!那是我父亲的大楼屋顶。
We had a lot of good memories up there. Is that how you remember our relationship? Like New York destroyed?
memory: 记忆 relationship: 关系 destroyed: 被毁掉的
我们在那儿有很多美好的回忆那是在画我们之间的关系吗?整个纽约都被毁了。
-Isaac: What are you looking for,Simone?
你在找什么呢,Simone?
-Simone: It's Peter. He's still missing. I'm running out of places to look.
missing: 失踪的 run out of: 用完,用光
Peter。他还是不见踪影。我找遍了所有能找的地方。
-Isaac: You finally believe I can paint the future, and you want to use it to find your new boyfriend.
finally: 最后,最终 paint: 画,绘画
你最终相信了我能画出未来,然后想让我用它帮你找到你的新男朋友?
-Simone: I don't wanna be asking you this, either. Can you?
either: 也(不…),亦,而且
我也不想来问你这件事。你能帮忙吗?
-Isaac: I have been. Except it's not working. Every time I try to paint where Peter is, I get nothing.
except: 但是,只是 work: 奏效
我已经试过了,但是不管用。每次我试着画出Peter的位置时,都一无所获。
-Simone: You've been trying to find him…why?
你已经试过找他了,为什么?
-Isaac: I know what he can do. He's the one that's gonna turn New York into this. I'm not gonna let him.
我知道他能做什么,他就是那个把纽约变成这个样子的人。我绝不会让他那么做的。
-Simone: How do you know so much about him?
know about: 知道,了解
你怎么会知道关于他的这么多事?
-Isaac: Because I painted it.
因为我画出了这些。
I care about you, Simone, more than I knew how to say when... when it would have made a difference.
care about: 关心 make a difference: 不同,差异
我在乎你,Simone。超乎我自己的想像,不知何时…何时才会不去在乎你
-Isaac: But right now, I don't care if you hate me. I just want you safe. Stay away from Peter.
stay away from: 离…远点,躲避
但是现在我不在乎你是否恨我,我只希望你能平安无事,离Peter远点。
-Simone: Just...tell me you'll look for him.
那就…告诉我你会一直找他的。
-Isaac: I'll try.
我会尽力的。
-Simone: Yeah.
好。
-Isaac: Simone... Keep the key.
Simone…钥匙还是拿着吧。
-Claire: The manatee is on the brink of extinction.
海牛正在濒于灭绝。
There's one at the aquarium in Lubbock, and the marine biologist said we could stop by any time.
on the brink of: 濒临,处于…边缘 brink: 边缘 extinction: 消失,灭绝
在拉伯克(德克萨斯州)的水族馆里还有一只,那儿的海洋生物学家欢迎我们随时去参观。
-Sandra: You're asking my permission to skip school?
permission: 同意,许可,允许 skip school: 逃课 skip: 匆匆离去,逃离
你在要求我允许你们逃课吗?
-Claire: No, if I wanted to skip school, I'd check into home room and then sneak out Ms. Roberts' window.
check into: 到达并在…登记 sneak: 鬼鬼祟祟地走,潜行;溜走
不是,如果我想逃课的话,我只要回自己的房间,然后从Roberts小姐的窗户偷偷溜出去就行了
But you've always stressed honesty, so I'm being honest.
stress: 强调,着重 honesty: 诚实,正直
但是你总是教导我们要诚实,所以我对你说实话。
The manatee's a very noble creature.
manatee: 海牛 noble: 高贵的,贵族的 creature: 生物
海牛是一种非常高贵的生物。
-Sandra: Is your car in working order, Zachary?
order: 有次序的状况,有条理,整齐
你的车子一切工作正常吗,Zachary?
-Zachary: Just had the oil changed.
change: 更换,替换
刚刚换过油。
-Sandra: Any tickets?
有过罚单吗?
-Zachary: Just parking.
只有违章停车。
-Sandra: You'll be home for dinner.
你必须回来吃晚饭
-Claire: Yes.
是。
-Sandra: That's not a question. I'm making fajitas. Zach, you're welcome to join us.
Fajitas: 法士达【墨西哥餐点】 welcome to: 高兴地接纳 join: 参加,加入
这不是什么问题。我正在做珐基塔铁板烧,Zach,也欢迎你来和我们一起享用。
-Sandra: Let's go. Come on.
咱们走吧。走吧。
-Claire: We'll wait 15 minutes, and then head out. Do you have the directions to Kermit?
head out: 前往,起程,出发 direction: 方向
咱们就等15分钟,然后出发。你有去克米特的路线图吗?
-Zachary: Uh, yeah. Look, what if your mom wants proof? About the aquarium.
proof: 证据 aquarium: 水族馆
嗯,有。听着,如果你妈妈想要证据怎么办?关于那个水族馆的。
Where did you get these?
你从哪里弄到的?
-Claire: Motel 6 lobby and my color printer.
lobby: 休息室 printer: 打印机
“Motel 6”旅馆的大厅和我的彩色打印机。
No one can know we're going to see my real mom. We have to be perfect.
perfect: 完美的,极好的
不能让任何人知道我们去找我亲生母亲。我们不能有任何纰漏。
(Port Washington harbor, Long Island, New York)
(Hiro, Ando。纽约市,长岛的华盛顿港口)
-Ando: Your father looks angry.
你爸爸看上去很生气。
-Hiro: My father always looks angry.
他总是很生气的样子。
-Ando: But your sister looks hot.
但是你姐姐看上去很性感。
-Hiro’s Father: For this you leave your job, take an unauthorized vacation. Gorge yourself on hamburgers and waffles.
unauthorized: 未经授权的,未经许可的 vacation 假期,休假 gorge: 狼吞虎咽,塞饱 hamburger: 汉堡包 waffle: 华夫饼干
为了这个你擅离职守,未经允许去休假。胡乱吃汉堡包和华夫饼干。
-Hiro: Waffles are very good. You would like them.
waffle: 华夫烘饼,奶油夹心饼干
华夫饼干很好吃。你会喜欢的。
-Hiro’s Father: No, Hiro, I would not.
不,Hiro,我不会的。
No more distractions. You will come home. And you will get back to work.
distraction: 分心,注意力分散 get back to: (使)重新(工作、干活等),使回到
别再跑题了。你要回家去。接着上班。
-Hiro: Father, I… I am on an important mission.
on an important mission: 执行一项重要的任务 mission: 任务,使命
爸爸,但是我…我现在有重要的任务。
-Hiro’s Father: You are only on a plane home.
你现在只能坐飞机回家去。
You will return to Yamagato Industries. That is what is important.
return: 返回,回到
你要回到山本工业株式会社。那才是重要的事情。
-Hiro: My job was meaningless. I worked in a cubicle!
meaningless: 没有意义的 cubicle: 寝室,小卧室【小分隔间】
我的工作毫无意义。我在一个小隔间里工作!
-Hiro’s Father: I only put you at the bottom so you would reach for the top. Perhaps I was too strict.
at the bottom: 在底端 reach: 到达,抵达 perhaps: 也许,可能 strict: 严厉的,严格的
我只有让你经过底层的磨练,你才能真正立于不败之地。也许我太严厉了。
When you return, I will make you an Executive Vice President,on your way to taking my place as CEO.
Executive Vice President: 执行副总裁 take my place as: 代替我的位置做
你回去以后,我让你做执行副总裁。将来接替我做首席执行官。
You are my only son, Hiro, This is your destiny.
destiny: 命运,使命
Hiro,你是我唯一的儿子,这是你的命运。
-Hiro: Father. I believe I have a different destiny.
believe: 认为,相信
爸爸,我想我的命运和你所说的不同。
-Hiro’s Father: And what is that?
那是什么样的?
-Hiro: It’s … complicated.
complicated: 复杂的
很…复杂
I have to bring that painting to a man in Las Vegas, so I can steal Takezo Kensei’s sword.
painting: 水彩画,油画 steal: 偷 sword: 箭
我要把这幅画带给Las Vegas的一个人,这样我就能偷到Takezo Kensei的剑。
Then use my powers to stop a bomb from blowing up New York!
stop from: 阻止…受到… blow up: 爆炸
然后用我的超能力阻止纽约大爆炸!
-Hiro’s Father: Kensei? From those stories I read you?
Kensei?从我给你读的那些故事里学来的?
-Hiro: If only I have the sword I could show you what I can do.
我只有拿到剑才能给你看看我的能力。
-Hiro’s Father: Do you want to see what I think of your destiny? We are going home.
你想知道我是怎么看你的命运的吗?回日本去。
-Police: Get a doctor!
叫医生来!
-Niki: Oh...wait. What happened? No! No! No!
happen: 发生
哦,等等。发生什么事了。不!不!不!
-Niki: I tried to tell her.
我试着告诉过她的。
Take me back to my cell!
take sb back to: 把某人带回到
把我带回牢房去!
-Police: Love to!
很乐意!
-Peter: Thanks for almost getting me arrested.
thanks for: 为…而感谢 arrest: 逮捕,拘捕
谢谢你差点害我被捕。
-Claude: A little more focus, you'd have had some cash and fresh lipstick.
focus: (活动、注意力、兴趣等的)中心,重点,集中点 lipstick: 口红
如果你更专注一点,你已经搞到一些现金和唇膏了。
I never said it'd be easy. In fact, I think I said repeatedly it'd be crap.
repeatedly: 重复地 crap: 废话
我从没说过这容易。事实上,我认为我已经反复说过这事很难弄。
-Peter: You been doing this for 15 years. Cut me a little slack on trying to do it for five minutes.
cut someone a little slack: 给某人一次机会
你干这个已经15年了。而你只给我5分钟就让我干这个。
-Claude: You'll learn. We just gotta find what's holding you back.
gotta: <美俚> =have got to hold back: 阻挡,阻止
你会学会的。我们只要找出是什么让你失去超能力。
-Peter: The cops have my name and address. I'm pretty sure Nathan's gonna kill me first anyway.
cop: 警察 pretty: 相当地 anyway: 不管怎么样
警察有我的名字和地址。我确信Nathan无论无何会先杀了我。
-Claude: You worry a lot about your people, don't you? Your friends, your mother, your brother.
worry a lot about: 对…非常担心
你很担心你周围的人,是吗?你的朋友,你的母亲,你的哥哥。
No wonder your head's all clogged. You're still sunk under.
no wonder: 难怪 wonder: 惊奇,奇怪 clog: 阻塞(粘住,塞满) sunk: 下沉,下陷
难怪你的脑袋都被塞住了,你仍然被压抑着。
-Peter: Under what?
被什么压制着?
-Claude: Your attachments. All these people who feed you biscuits, pat your head, and tell you you're not fit for the outdoors.
attachment: 附属物 feed: 喂,饲养 biscuit 饼干 pat: 轻拍,拍 be fit for: 适合,胜任
你依附着的感情。所有这些给你饭吃,会拍拍你的脑袋,告诉你,你是不适合独自在外生存的人。
You still see yourself through their eyes, is that it?
through: 通过,凭借
你还是会在意他们眼中的你,是吗?
-Peter: No, I don't.
不,我没有。
-Claude: Right, well, I'll bet you 20 bucks. your dad didn't make much of you either.
bet: 打赌 buck: 美元 make much of: 重视,充分利用
好,我跟你赌20美元。你父亲肯定也不怎么欣赏你。
Ha! God, you're easy. We've gotta get these people out of your head.
get…out of: 把…从…除掉
天啊,你真是乖宝宝。我们要让你忘掉这些人。
-Peter: Do you understand? These people are my family. I can't just cut 'em out.
understand: 理解,领会 cut out: 删除,删掉
明白吗?这些人是我的家人。我不能就这么把他们忘掉。
-Claude: Of course… Peter can't use his powers without someone holding his hands.
当然,没有人握住Peter的手的时候,他就无法使用他的超能力。
How can you not punch that face every time you see it?
punch: 用拳猛击
每次看见这张脸的时候你怎么不打他呢?
-Peter: He's not like that.
他并不是那样的。
-Claude: He is, trust me.
相信我,他就是这样
-Peter: You don't know him.
你不了解他。
-Claude: I don't need to. I spend a lot of time moving around people's homes, their bedrooms.
spend: 花费 bedroom: 卧室
我没必要了解他。我那么长时间生活在别人的家庭周围,甚至卧室。
You get to know people if you see them when they think they're alone. You see them for what they truly are: selfish, deceitful, and gassy.
get to know: 逐渐了解 alone: 独自的,一个人 truly: 真实地 selfish: 自私的 deceitful: 撒谎的,欺诈的 gassy: 空话连篇的,吹牛的
如果你能亲眼看到,你就能更好的了解一个人。当他们认为他们孤单时,你看到他们真实的一面:自私,虚伪,空话连篇。
-Peter: So what is that, your big truth about the world?
这就是你对这世界的了解?
-Claude: Sooner you learn it, sooner we get that collar off your neck.
sooner: 不久,迟早 get off: 把…从…弄下来 collar: 衣领
很快你就知道了。很快你就会大彻大悟的
People suck, friend. Every last one of them. Never forget that.
朋友,人类很糟糕。每个人都这样,记住
-Peter: Not all of them.
并不是全部的人。
-Claude: Oh, right. There's a girl.
哦,对,有个女人。
-Peter: She's not like the rest of them.
the rest of: 其余的人/物
她并不像其他人。
-Claude: Everyone's like the rest. That's why they're the rest.
每个人都和其他人一样。所以他们才是其他人。
Fine, let's go and see what your girl's up to. Then maybe we can clear your head.
clear: 清除障碍
好,我们去看看你女朋友在干什么吧。也许这样能让你清醒点。
-Peter: Wait, you wanna... spy on her? Look, you can follow her all you want.
spy on: 暗中监视,窥探
等等,你想监视她?听着,你想怎么跟踪她就怎么跟踪。
I'm telling you, she's not like that.
但我告诉你,她并不象那样。
-Claude: Well, then, no harm in taking a look.
harm: 伤害,损害,危害 take a look: 看一看
好吧,但看看也无妨。
-Ando: That is bad. What will we do?
这太糟了,我们该怎么办?
-Hiro: Did you put on cologne?
put on: 穿上,戴上 cologne: 科隆香水
你是不是喷了古龙香水?
-Hiro’s Sister: Please, Father, let me speak with him.
爸爸,让我来和他讲吧。
-Hiro’s Father: Hmm
嗯。
-Ando: Oh, Kimiko.
Kimiko小姐。
-Hiro’s Sister: You have brought shame to our family, little brother.
shame: 羞耻,羞愧
小弟,你给我们家族带来了耻辱。
-Hiro: That was not my intention.
我也不想这样。
Father doesn’t need me. You are the one he trusts. He thinks I’m weird.
intention: 意图,意向,目的 weird: 怪异的
爸爸不需要我。你才是他信赖的。他认为我很怪异。
-Hiro’s Sister: Father is too proud to tell you …There is trouble at Yamagato.
proud: 骄傲的
爸爸不好意思告诉你…山本株式会社现在有麻烦。
And now the stockholders are saying if Father can’t manage his own son, how can he manage his business?
stockholder: 股东
现在股东们在说,如果父亲连儿子都管不好,他怎能管理好企业?
You are his only son. His heir .You must come home.
manage: 管理 heir: 继承人
你是他唯一的儿子,继承人。你必须回家去。
-Hiro: How can I? I have a mission.
mission: 任务,使命
我怎能?我有任务。
-Hiro’s Sister: You are so busy pretending to save the world. What about saving your family?
pretend: 假装,伪称 save: 拯救
你太专注于假装要拯救世界了。来拯救你的家族怎么样?
-Ando: Maybe you should think about it.
也许你该考虑考虑。
Your powers are gone. You have no way to get your sword .Your family needs you.
你已经没有超能力了。你没办法拿到你的剑,你的家需要你。
-Hiro: But …I was a hero.
但是…我是超能英雄。
-Ando: Listen to Kimiko. She is the smart one.
smart: 聪明的
听听Kimiko的吧,她才是聪明的。
-Hiro: Yes, she is!
对,她是!
-Ando: Huh?
啊?
-Claire: This is it. Number 36.
就是这,36号。
-Zachary: Nice pinwheel collection.
pinwheel: 轮转焰火,纸风车 collection: 收藏品,收集物
好漂亮的纸风车。
-Claire: You know, I always imagined my parents would live in a...penthouse in New York City. Not some trailer park in Kermit.
imagine: 想象,设想 penthouse: 楼顶阁楼 trailer: 拖车
你知道,我总是想象我的父母是住在…New York一个豪华公寓。而不是住在停在Kermit的拖车里。
-Zachary: So she lives in a trailer. Maybe she likes the open road.
trailer: 拖车
她是住在拖车里。也许她喜欢人来人往的公路。
-Claire: Just not what I imagined.
只是和我想象的不一样。
-Zachary: Stop imagining. She's right there.
别想象了。她就在这里。
-Claire: What am I supposed to say? Hi, I'm your daughter, and I can regrow my kidney?
regrow: 再生长,重新生长
我应该说什么呢?嗨,我是你女儿,我的肾能自己恢复?
I mean, what if she's got burns and scars from the fire? She's supposed to be dead, right?
be supposed to: 应该 scar: 疤痕,伤痕
我意思是,如果她在那次大火中烧伤或留下了疤痕怎么办?她本应该死了,对吗?
-Zachary: So are you, remember? You already got that in common.
in common: 和…有相同之处
你不也是如此,记得吗?那点上你们已经有了共同点
-Claire: Hey...where are you going?
你去哪里?
-Zachary: I'm getting rid of your exit strategy. You'll be fine. I'll be back in time for fajitas.
get rid of: 罢脱,初出 strategy: 战略,策略
我想摆脱你的逃避心理。你会没事的。我会准时回去吃珐基塔铁板烧的。
-Meredith: Claire?
Claire?
-Sylar: Hi, little Fluffy. Claire come home from school yet? No? We'll just wait. Now, what's your name?
fluffy: 毛绒绒的,蓬松的
嗨,小毛球。Claire放学回家了吗?没有?那我们就等吧,你叫什么名字?
-Sandra: Mr. Muggles? Where are you, baby? Mama's home!
Muggles先生?你在哪里,宝贝?妈妈回来了。
-Sylar: Of course. Let's go say hi.
当然,我们去问好。
-Sandra: Oh! I…I'm sorry. Who are you?
哦!不好意思,你是谁?
-Sylar: I just came from the paper factory, ma'am. I'm just makin' a delivery for your husband.
delivery: (信件、货物等的)投递,递送,送交;分送;传送
我刚从纸厂回来,夫人。我为你丈夫带点东西来。
And I saw... this little guy...in the street. Now, somebody must have left the back door open.
我看见这个小家伙在马路上。一定是有人忘了关后门。
Oh, I hope you don't mind. I took the liberty.
liberty: 自由
我希望你不要介意。我自己进来了。
-Sandra: Well, aren't you sweet?
in the yard: 在院子里
是吗?你真好。
-Sandra: And he was just out there in the yard?
他在外面院子里?
-Sylar: Oh... just chewing on a sprinkler head.
chew: 咀嚼 sprinkler: 洒水装置,洒水车
哦…他正在嚼洒水龙头。
-Sandra: Mm! Who left those doors open, Mr. Muggles? Claire or Lyle? You tell me, so I can tan their ass.
tan: 鞭笞;鞭打
谁忘了关门,Muggles?Claire还是Lyle?你告诉我,我要打他们屁股。
-Sylar: Well, thanks for inviting me in. I always wanted to, uh, see where Mr. Bennett lived.
谢谢你邀请我进来。我一直想看看Bennett先生的家。
-Sandra: It is so funny how all of y'all call him Mr. Bennett over there. I've always just known him as…
funny: 滑稽的,有趣的 over there: 在那边,在那里
很有趣,你们那里怎么都叫他Bennett先生。我只是知道他…
Stop that, you. No more shoes. He just discovered shoelaces. Can't get enough.
discover: 发现 shoelace: 鞋带
你给我停下,不要再咬鞋子了。他一发现鞋带就停不下来了。
-Sylar: That's funny, I never really imagined him as much of a dog person.
imagine… as: 把…当作 much of: (常用于疑问句或否定句)了不起的…
很有趣,我从没想过他居然是个养狗的人。
I guess he just looms a little larger when he's drilling you. He mostly talks about Claire.
guess: 猜测,推测 loom: 可怖地出现 drill: 训练,钻孔
当他训你的时候,我猜他是个很凶的人。他大多数时候都谈论Claire。
I was hoping to meet her, actually. I've heard so much about her.
actually: 事实上,实际上
我很希望能见见她。我听说了那么多关于她的事。
-Sandra: Well, she has promised to be home for dinner, which means a half an hour late.
promise: 许诺,答应 a half an hour: 半小时
她保证过会回家吃晚饭的,意味着一个半小时后回家。
My son is at a Tai Kwon Do sleepover tonight. That means an extra plate.
sleepover:在外面过夜 extra: 额外的
我儿子今晚出去学习跆拳道了。意味着能多出一个盘子。
Why don't you stay for dinner?
你为什么不留下来吃晚饭呢?
-Sylar: Oh...
offer: 提出;提议
哦…
-Sandra: Least I can offer my new hero.
至少我可以介绍我的英雄。
-Sylar: Are you sure? It's not too much trouble?
你肯定?不给你带来麻烦?
-Sandra: I will call my husband and tell him to expect you.
我打电话给我丈夫说你在这里。
What did you say your name was again, Mister...
刚才你说你的名字叫?
-Sylar: Sylar. Oh, I don't think you'll reach him at the office, though. Last I saw, he was just swamped.
reach: 与…取得联系 swamped: 陷于困境的
Sylar。哦,但是我不认为你能打通他办公室电话。上次我见到他,他正遇到麻烦事。
-Meredith: I'm staring. I'm sorry.
stare: 盯,凝视
我看得出神了。不好意思。
I mean, you have to understand. I never thought this would happen.
我意思是,你要理解我从没想过这会发生。
You are sitting inches away from me. You're so beautiful.
inch: 英寸 away from: 离 beautiful: 美丽的
你居然就坐在我几尺之前。你很漂亮。
-Claire: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Meredith: You a good student?
你是一个好学生?
-Claire: Um, I'm okay. Lousy at math.
lousy: 差劲的
还可以,数学比较差劲。
-Meredith: No help from me there. Well, I'll bet you're all kinds of popular.
这个我帮不了你,我打赌你各方面都很受欢迎。
-Claire: I was homecoming queen. Kind of.
homecoming: (一年一度的)校友返校节
我过去是返校节的女王。类似。
-Meredith: Damn, I missed so much. If I'd known you were out there, but...
该死,我错过太多了。如果我知道你在那里,但…
You must think something awful. I mean, I was so sure that nothing could have survived that fire.
awful: 可怕的 survive: 幸免于,幸存于
你一定认为有些事很糟糕。我意思是,我很确定没有人能从那场大火中生还。
It was a miracle that I did, and... God, when I saw that roof, I...
miracle: 奇迹
这是个奇迹,但我活下来了,而且…天啊,当我看见那个顶棚时,我…
Don't question the miracle, right?
question: 质疑
不要质疑奇迹的发生,对不?
Here. It's Horchata. I learned a secret recipe in Mexico. It's sweet.
Horchata:欧洽达 recipe: 食谱,处方,秘诀
这个是豆奶,我在墨西哥学到的一个秘密配方,很甜。
-Claire: You lived in Mexico?
你在墨西哥住过?
-Meredith: Mm-hmm. Oh, I moved around a lot.
哦,我搬过很多地方。
After I lost you, I sort of started running. I never really stopped. And I only came back to Kermit a couple months ago.
come back to: 回到 a couple: 几个
在我失去你后,生活变的东奔西走,从没安定下来过。我回到Kermit才几个月。
I spent some time in Cuernavaca. And La Paz. You've never been.
在Cuernavaca待过一段时间。还有La Paz。你从没去过。
-Claire: Sorry. One second. It's my mom.
one second: 等一下 second: 秒
不好意思,等等,是我母亲。
Hmm. Hi! Yeah, we're at the aquarium right now. They just let Zach feed him turtle grass.
aquarium: 水族馆 right now: 现在 feed: 喂 turtle: 海龟
嗨!是的,我们正在水族馆。他们只是让Zach喂它吃乌龟草。
We're practically on our way. We'll be home in, like, an hour.
practically: 实际上
我们已经在路上了。估计一小时到家吧。
No, I won't let him speed. Okay. Bye.
speed: 加速,超速
我不会让他超速的。好的,再见。
-Meredith: She doesn't know you're here.
她不知道你在这。
-Claire: She doesn't really understand what's going on with me right now. Neither of my parents do.
what's going on with sb: 某事发生在某人身上 neither of: 两个中没有一个
她一点都不明白我现在的情况。我父母都不知道。
-Meredith: Well, I'll pretend I understand why you're sneaking around. All girls deserve their secrets, right?
pretend: 假装 sneak around: 鬼鬼祟祟 deserve: 值得,应有
那我就假装我明白你为何要溜出来。所有女孩子都有她们的小秘密,对吧?
-Claire: Seems like I have a lot of them these days.
seem like: 好象
好像我这些日子有很多
I have to show you something. You may understand it, you may not, but...I need you to see.
我给你看一件事。你也许能理解,也许不能,但…我要你看到。
-Meredith: See what?
看什么?
-Claire: I think I know how I survived that fire.
survive: 幸免于
我想我知道我是怎样在火灾中幸免的了。
-Meredith: Claire, don't!
Claire,不要!
-Claire: It's okay. Please say something.
没事的,说点什么吧。
-Meredith: Some family.
真是一家人啊。
-Sandra: I told Claire to get a move on. She said she'd be back soon.
get a move on: 赶快,加紧
我让Claire快点动身了。她说马上回来。
-Sylar: A cheerleader, huh?
cheerleader: 啦啦队队长
啦啦队长是吧?
-Sandra: Co-captain by junior year.
co-captain: 合作队 junior: 大学三年级学生
三年级的合作队长。
-Sylar: Wow.
喔。
-Sandra: Although not so much these days. They dissolved the team 'cause of some... horrible event at the school.
dissolve: 解散 horrible: 可怕的
但是这些天没什么事情。他们因为学校里发生了恐怖的事情解散了啦啦队。
-Sylar: Oh, I heard about that. That must have been hard on poor Claire.
heard about: 听说
哦,我听说了。这对可怜的Claire肯定很难接受。
-Sandra: You are awfully interested in my daughter.
awfully: 可怕地,非常地,极端地 be interested in: 对…感兴趣
你对我女儿太感兴趣了。
-Sylar: Well, ever since I’ve seen what she can do, I guess you could say I'm a...fan. She's really quite gifted.
guess: 猜测 gifted: 有天赋的
是,自从我看见她的能耐之后。我才你会说我是个粉丝。她真是很有天赋。
-Sandra: Oh, you've been to a game?
哦,你去看比赛了?
-Sylar: Yeah, I guess I have. I just couldn't get over those irresistible...talents of hers.
get over: 完全相信(或理解、领会等) irresistible: 不可抵抗的,不能压制的 talent: 才能,天资
嗯,我想是吧。我就是无法拒绝…她那些让人无法抗拒的能力
-Sandra: I should… I should check with my husband again. Excuse me.
check with:查一查,和…核实一下
我该…我该再联系一下我丈夫。失陪。
-Sylar: I'd rather you didn't, so I can surprise him.
I'd rather=I would rather: 我宁愿 surprise: 使...吃惊
我倒希望你别这样做,所以我可以给他个惊喜。
-Sandra: Aah! H-h-how did you do that?
啊!你是怎样做到的?
-Sylar: I'm special. Just like Claire. Well, different. But...you catch the meaning.
special: 特殊的,特别的
我很特殊,就像Claire一样,嗯,不太一样。你能明白什么意思。
It's a shame I'll have to kill her.
catch the meaning: 听懂含义 shame: 遗憾
很可惜我要杀死她。
Or maybe I'll kill you first. I really haven't decided yet.
decide: 决定
或者也许我要先杀了你。我真的还没决定。
Hi.
嗨。
-Noah: Find him. He dies!
找到他,他死定了!
-Sandra: I don't understand what happened. Why was he…he moved the phone without even touching it.
touch: 触摸
我不明白这是怎么回事。他为何能…不碰一下就可以移动电话。
-Noah: Shh. You're safe now. I'm right here. I'll find him.
嘘。你现在安全了,我就在这,我会找到他的。
-Sandra: He kept asking about Claire.
他一直问Claire的事情。
-Noah: Claire is fine. She's safe, too. And she'll stay that way. I promise.
stay that way: 保持那个样子 promise: 保证
Claire很好,她也很安全。她会一直平平安安的。我保证。
-Sandra: Who is that?
那是谁?
-Noah: This is my friend. He's gonna make everything okay.
我的朋友。他会把一切都处理好的。
He'll help you forget again.
forget: 忘记
他会再次帮你忘记的。
-Sandra: Again? What do you mean again?
再次?什么意思?
-Noah: It's okay. Hold my hand. It'll all be over soon.
hold: 握住 over: 结束的
没事的。握住我的手。很快就过去了。
-Meredith: You could stay a little longer. Have some dinner. I can't cook worth crap, but...
你可以再待一会,吃点晚饭。我做饭不大好,但…
-Claire: Well, I was supposed to be home a while ago.
be supposed to: 应该
我刚才就应该到家了。
I got about six messages from my dad telling me to come home right away, so... He sounded pretty pissed.
message: 信息 pissed: 愤怒的
我收到我爸爸6条信息。让我马上回家,所以…他好像很生气的样子。
-Meredith: This isn't good-bye. You know that.
这不是道别,你知道的。
-Claire: I was hoping you could tell me about my father.
我曾希望你和我讲讲我爸爸的事情。
-Meredith: Now, that's... complicated. Why don't you let me work on that for next time?
complicated: 复杂的
现在…很复杂。你何不让我下次再讲呢。
-Claire: Some family.
真是一家人。
-Meredith: Here...A little something from Mexico.
来,墨西哥的小东西。
-Claire: Oh, no, I can't.
哦,我不能收下。
-Meredith: You can, and you're gonna.
gonna: <口> = going to
可以的,收下吧。
It'll look ten times better on you than it ever did on me.
在你身上会好看10倍的。
-Claire: Okay.
嗯。
-Simone: Isaac. We haven't been up here together in a long time.
together: 一起 in a long time: 很长一段时间
Isaac,我们好久没一起到这来了。
-Isaac: There's something about this roof.
there's something about: 某物有问题
这屋顶有点问题。
-Simone: You and I spent a lot of time up here.
你和我在这度过了好多时光。
-Isaac: I mean, it's connected with what's happening. It's important somehow.
be connected with: 与有关 important: 重要的 somehow: 由于某种原因
我是说,这和发生的事情有联系的。这是很重要的。
-Simone: Well, it's certainly mysterious.
certainly: 必定,一定 mysterious: 神秘的
真是很神秘。
You know, I never figured out how those pigeons got up here. My father always said, "If they found their way, we ought to let 'em be."
figure out: 想出 pigeon: 鸽子 ought to: 应该
我从来没弄明白鸽子是怎么到这来的。我父亲常说:“如果他们找到路,我们就应该让它们去。”
-Simone: I know we had a lot together, Isaac. For a long time.
我知道我们有很长时间在一起度过,Isaac。很长一段时间。
-Isaac: You saw it. The painting of us. It's the future I hope for.
painting: 油画,水彩画
你也知道我们的画。那是我所期望的未来。
This city took me in. Everything important that ever happened to me happened here. Good... bad...you.
这城市把我卷进来。发生在我身上所有重要的事情都是在这里。好的,坏的,还有你。
And now it's all gonna be destroyed because I can't stop it.
destroy: 毁坏,破坏
现在这一切都要毁灭了,因为我没法去阻止。
-Simone: You don't know that.
你不明白的。
-Isaac: It keeps coming back, worse every time. You saw what this looks like after the bomb. The world will never recover from that.
come back: 回想起来,被回忆起来 recover: 恢复,复原
总是出现在我脑海,一次比一次糟。你看到了爆炸后的样子。这世界再也无法恢复了。
-Simone: That's not true. You can't lose hope.
那不是真的,你不能失去希望。
-Isaac: What hope is there?
这有什么希望?
-Simone: There's you. What you can do.
就是你。你所能做的。
Why else would you be allowed to see the future unless it was to do something about it?
allow: 允许 unless: 除非,如果不
你能够看到未来…除了因为你能去做点什么。还会是因为什么呢?
You can't just see the future, Isaac. You make it. You'll find a way.
你并非只能看到未来,Isaac。你能创造它,你会找到办法的。
-Isaac: You really believe that?
believe: 相信
你真的相信?
-Simone: I believe in you.
我相信你。
-Hiro: I have given it much thought, big sister. Please tell father I will return as the new Executive Vice President.
thought: 思考 return: 回去 Executive Vice President: 执行副总裁
我想了很久,姐姐。请告诉爸爸我会作为新任执行副总裁回去的。
-Hiro’s Sister: This is good news.
这是好消息。
-Hiro: Oh, yes. It is time to restructure. And consolidate management in Tokyo.
restructure: 重建 consolidate: 巩固 management: 管理
是的。是该重建的时候了。以及巩固Tokyo方面的管理。
-Hiro’s Sister: You can’t consolidate management…
你没法巩固管理…
-Hiro: I’m Executive Vice President. I can do anything.
我是执行副总裁,我什么都能做到。
-Hiro’s Sister: That would be a disaster.
disaster:灾难
那将是一场灾难。
-Hiro: Oh? You think you have a better idea?
哦?你以为你有更好的主意?
-Hiro’s Sister: We should expand by making new acquisitions in aviation. Improve R&D in biotech, recapitalize…
expand: 扩大,扩展,扩充 acquisition: 收购 aviation: 航空 improve: 改良,改善 biotech: (biotechnology)生物技术 recapitalize: 调整…的资本
我们要通过航空新成果扩大业务。加强生化工程的研发进行资本重构…
-Hiro: What do you know of these things?
know of: 知道,了解
你是怎么知道这些事情的?
-Hiro’s Sister: I run three divisions at Yamagato. If anyone knows how to run this company, it’s me!
division: 部门,分公司 company: 公司
我管理山本株式会社三个分公司。如果有人知道如何管理这个公司,那就是我!
-Hiro’s Father: Kimiko? What’s gotten into you?
Kimiko,你是怎么回事?
-Hiro’s Sister: My apologies. I didn’t mean to.
apology: 道歉,表示歉意
我道歉。我不是这个意思。
-Hiro: Yes, she did. Kimiko is smart and dedicated. You don’t need me. You have your successor right here!
smart: 聪明的,伶俐的 dedicated: 有奉献精神的 successor: 继承人
她就是这个意思。Kimiko聪明又勤奋。你不需要我,你的成功就在眼前!
-Police: Get dressed!
dress: 给…穿衣,为…打扮
穿好衣服!
-Niki: Dressed for what?
为什么?
-Lawyer: You're going home.
你要回家了。
-Niki: That's not possible.
possible: 可能的
不可能。
-Lawyer: Oh, it's more than possible. The charges against you have been dropped, Ms. Sanders.
charge: 控诉,指控
比可能还可能。对你的指控撤消了,Sanders女士。
-Niki: What?
什么?
-Lawyer: The D.A. threw out the entire case.
throw out: 扔出,丢掉 entire: 整个的
地方检察官放弃了整个案件。
-Niki: That can't happen. I killed people.
happen: 发生
不可能的。我杀了人。
-Lawyer: The state of Nevada isn't so sure about that anymore.
Nevada州不再对这事情很确定了。
It seems a rather terrible gentleman on death row confessed to all the crimes you're accused of.
terrible:恐怖的 confessed: 公开承认的 crime: 犯罪 be accused of: 被控诉,控告
好像是一位死囚区相当恐怖的先生承认了你被指控的所有罪名。
DNA evidence backed up everything. Wonderful system, isn't it?
evidence:证据 back up 支持,证实
DNA证据说明了一切。美妙的系统,是吧?
As far as they're concerned, justice has been served.
as far as: 就…而论 concerned: 有关的 justice: 正义 serve: 为…服务,为…尽职责
就他们来说,正义已经伸张。
-Niki: And as far as Linderman is concerned?
那就Linderman来说呢?
-Lawyer: Oh, don't worry about tomorrow's problems today.
worry about: 担忧,忧虑
哦,别杞人忧天。
-Niki: No. I need to be in here. I need help.
不,我需要待在这。我需要帮助。
-Lawyer: You only need to get dressed, Ms. Sanders. You're going home.
你所需要的,仅仅是穿好衣服Sanders女士。你要回家了。
-Niki: No.
不。
-Claude: And that's the one you love. Off to dinner with the guy she left to be with you. Sort of fickle, don't you think?
sort of: 有几分地,稍稍 fickle: 易变的,不专一的,水性杨花的
那是你所爱的人。和那个她曾为你离开的人去吃晚餐了。有点水性杨花,你不觉得吗?
-Peter: Why would you show me that?
你为什么要给我看这个?
-Claude: I didn't show you anything. She did. We just followed her. Not even very long. I'm sorry, Peter.
follow: 跟踪,跟随 even: 甚至
不是我,而是她。我们只是跟着她,甚至没过多长时间。我很抱歉,Peter
-Peter: No, you're not. You enjoyed that.
你才不是呢,你看得过瘾。
-Claude: You got this rosy film over your eyes, like a kid. It's no wonder you live like an adolescent. Posters on the wall, hair in your face.
rosy: 蔷薇色的,玫瑰红色的 wonder: 惊奇,奇怪 adolescent: 青少年 poster: 贴海报于
你就像小孩似的看着这出爱情电影。难怪你过得就像青春期少年。墙上的海报,脸上的头发。
You've got to see the world as it is. The only way you'll learn how to save it.
你应该看到这世界的本来面目。这是你学会拯救它的唯一方法。
-Peter: And what, be like you? A hermit? No one knows you're alive except for some pigeons.
hermit: 隐士,隐居者 alive: 活着的 except for 除了,除…之外 pigeon: 鸽子
然后呢,像你一样?当个隐士?除了一些鸽子没人知道你的存在?
-Claude: You have to get rid of your distractions.
get rid of : 罢脱,除去 distraction: 分心的事物
你得抛弃这些分心的事。
-Peter: The people I love are not distractions!
我爱的人不是分心的事!
-Claude: Then why can't you fly? You've done it. Your body remembers how. The only thing standing in your way is you.
remember: 记得
那为什么你不能飞?你做过的。你的身体记得如何飞。挡在你面前的只有你自己。
-Peter: What am I supposed to do? Cut 'em out of my life? How cold do you expect me to be?
我该怎么办?把这一切全都从我生活中割舍掉?你怎能指望我这么做?
-Claude: Did you forget you're a bomb? You've got to remember what this is about.
你忘了你是炸弹了?你得时刻记起这件事。
Or, do you have to ask for your brother's permission for that as well?
permission: 允许,许可 as well: 也
还是你是不是也要为这件事征求你哥哥同意?
-Peter: Anything else that I have to do? You wanna make a list?
make a list: 列单子
我还要做什么?你想列个清单?
-Claude: You're a sad cartoon of a broken heart bleeding all over the place. I'm just trying to get your mind straight.
cartoon:卡通,动画片 bleed: 流血 straight: 直接的,不间断的,连续的
你就像个破碎的心的卡通…血流成河。我在尽量让你集中注意力。
-Peter: Look, I have followed you around and listened to your half-assed wisdom.
half-assed: 低能的,能力差的 wisdom: 智慧
听着,我跟随着你,听着你那半拉子智慧。
You don't have any answers! Okay? You don't know anything. You are afraid of the world.
be afraid of: 害怕,畏惧
你没有任何答案!明白?你什么都不知道。你害怕这个世界。
-Claude: You have to listen to me.
你得听我的。
-Peter: And I am tired of you telling me what I have to do! I don't have to do anything!
be tired of: 厌倦的,厌烦的
我已经厌烦你对我指手画脚了!没什么是我必须做的!
-Claude: Except fly.
除了飞。
-Peter: Son of a bitch.
狗娘养的。
-Claude: Not quite what I was expecting, but hope for the flowers yet.
不太像我预料的,但还是希望有好情况。
-Peter: Oaf! You threw me off of a 30-story building! If I didn't regenerate, I'd be dead!
throw off : 仍开,仍掉 regenerate: 再生
哦!你把我扔下来了,从30层高的楼上!如果我不能再生就死掉了!
-Claude: Well, you could have flown.
你本来可以飞起来的。
Listen, if you hadn't have worked this one out, you'd have been hopeless anyway. And I'd have to defuse the biggest bomb ever.
work out: 解决,找到…的办法 hopeless: 没有希望的,绝望的 defuse: 拆除(炸弹等)的雷管
听着,你要是不能把这个做好你就没希望了。我得拆除这史上最大的炸弹。
But you did it, didn't you? You cleared your mind. You called out your power.
但是你做到了,不是吗?你思维清晰了,你唤醒了你的能力。
-Peter: You know, before I hit the ground... when I knew what was about to happen, I had this flash...in my head, of this girl that I met in Texas.
hit: 打击,碰撞 ground: 地面 flash: 闪光,闪现,一瞬间
你知道,在我触地前的一瞬间…那时我知道将会发生什么。那个我在Texas见过的女孩浮现在我脑海里。
This cheerleader. She could heal herself. Oh, gosh, she's this sweet kid. Sad little smile, and she just…
heal: 痊愈,使…复原
那个啦啦队长,她可以自我愈合。哦,她就是那可爱的孩子。有点苦笑…
-Peter: You were wrong. I don't have to cut her out.
你错了。我不需要忘掉她我要记住她。
I have to remember her! How…how she made me feel! That's how I... Ohh!
cut out: 切断,删去
记住她给我的感觉!我就是这样…哦!
-Peter: Oh, God. It's happening. I'm losing it! Aaaah! Oof!
lose: 丢掉,失去
哦,天啊,又来了。我要失去它了!啊!哦!
-Claude: Well, it's a start.
这是个开始。
-Isaac: Peter?
Peter?
Yes? I think I found a way to stop him. I found him.
喂?我想我找到阻止他的办法了。我找到他了。
-Noah: Sylar?
Sylar?
-Isaac: I thought you had Sylar.
我想Sylar是在你那。
-Noah: I will again. Soon. You mean Petrelli. Where is he?
我会再次抓住他。很快。你是指Petrelli,他在哪?
-Isaac: I think he's been here this whole time.
whole: 整个的
我想他一直在这。
And I've been painting him. Except no one can see him. Like he's a ghost, invisible. What does that mean?
paint: 画,绘画 except: 除…之外 ghost: 鬼,幽灵 invisible: 看不见的,无形的
我画出了他,没人看得见他。就像个鬼魂,隐形的,那是什么意思?
-Noah: It means an old friend isn't quite as dead as we thought he was.
意思是有个老朋友并不像我们想像那样死了。
-Hiro: You have made the right choice, Father.
make the right choice: 做出正确的选择
你做出了正确的选择,爸爸。
-Hiro’s Father: Let us hope so. This does not mean I approve of what you are doing.
approve of: 赞成,支持
希望如此吧。这不是说我赞同你所做的。
-Hiro: That’s okay. You don’t have to. Life evolves. Father.
evolve: 演化,进化
没关系。你没这个必要。生命在进化。爸爸。
And the son you wanted to be like you will follow his own path. Now I have to go save the world.
path: 生活方式,思想方法
那个你希望像你一样的儿子会好好走自己的路。现在我要去拯救世界了。
-Hiro’s Father: Should never have read him those stories.
永远别给他讲这些故事。
-Hiro’s Sister: You are insane, little brother.
insane: 疯狂的,精神错乱的
你疯了,小弟。
-Hiro: You are welcome.
别客气。
-Ando: She is really starting to like me.
她真的开始喜欢我了。
-Hiro: Huh?
啊?
-Micah: Mom? I know it's not our game night, but can we play a game of Scrabble. Since you just got home?
妈妈,我知道今晚不是游戏时间。但是既然你回家了,我们来玩拼字游戏吧。
-Niki: Absolutely. I owe you, like, a dozen. Just give me a minute, okay?
absolutely: 完全正确,一点不错 owe: 欠 a dozen: 一打
当然。我欠你好多次了。等我一下,好吗?
-Micah: Okay!
好的!
-Niki: No!
不!
-Jessica: What are you so mad about, Niki? You're the one who wanted to be locked up.
be locked up: 被关起来 lock: 锁
你着什么急,Niki?你就是那个想被锁住的人。
-Niki: No...no.
不…不。
-Claire: I'm home!
我回来啦!
-Sandra: In the kitchen. You are in big trouble, young lady.
我在厨房呢。你麻烦大了,姑娘
The school called. Did you think you could ditch, and I wouldn't find out?
ditch: 逃(学),旷课,缺席
学校打来电话,你以为你能逃学而我发现不了?
-Claire: Mom, we talked about it this morning. Zach and I went to the aquarium.
talk about: 谈论,讨论 aquarium: 水族馆
妈妈,我们今早谈过的。Zach和我去了水族馆。
-Sandra: Claire, I think I would remember a conversation about you skipping school. Hmm.
conversation: 交谈,谈话 skip: 匆匆离去;逃离
Claire,我以为我会记得关于你没去学校的谈话。
-Claire: You okay?
你没事吧?
-Sandra: Fine, I...banged my head on something. Bit of a headache.
bang: 重击,发巨响 headache:头痛
没事,我的头撞到了什么东西。有点头痛。
-Claire: Why don't you let me finish, uh, setting the table, and you can go lie down for a little bit.
set the table: 摆餐具 lie down: 躺下
让我来放桌子吧,你去躺一会。
-Sandra: Don't think this gets you off the hook.
get off the hook: 脱离困境【脱罪】 get sb off: 使脱离 hook: 钩子
别以为这就能让你脱罪。
-Nathan: Hello?
喂?
-Meredith: You might not remember me.
你也许不记得我了。
We haven't spoken in a long time, but...Our daughter just found me.
我们好久没谈过话了,但…我们的女儿找到我了。
Did you hear what I just said? She's alive. We need to talk, Nathan.
alive: 活着的
你听见了吗?她还活着。我们需要谈谈,Nathan。
词汇解析:Angelia 校对:Essayer Daisy



评 论