HO s1e16 Unexpected
(Somewhere in the Nevada Desert)
Nevada: 内华达(美国州名) desert:荒漠;沙漠
(内华达沙漠某处)
-Hana: Hi, Ted.
你好,Ted。
(No internet connection available)
connection: 连接 available: 可用的
(无可用连接)
-Hana: Ted...I know you're there.
Ted...我知道你在那里。
-Ted: I'm not online, how are you doing this?
online: 在线
我没有在线,你怎么做到的?
-Hana: I know what they did to you. Look at the needle.
needle: 针,缝针,指针,注射器
我知道他们对你做了什么。看看这个注射器。
-Ted: We should meet!
meet: 见面
我们该见个面!
-Hana: Trun around.
trun around: 转身
转身。
My name is Hana Gitelman.
我叫Hana Gitelman。
-Ted: How the hell did you do that?
how the hell: 到底怎么 hell: 地狱
你到底是怎么做到的?
-Hana: Satellite signals, Wi-Fi, radio waves. Your computer can download them and so can I.
satellite: 卫星 signal: 信号 Wi-Fi: Wireless Fidelity,基于IEEE 802.11b标准的无线局域网 wave: 波 download: 下载
卫星信号,无线网络,无线电波。你的电脑可以下载到它们,我也可以。
-Ted: So you can, uh, access the internet without a computer. Just pull email out of your head.
access: 访问;进入 pull:拉 email: 电子邮件
那么你可以不用电脑而接入网络?用脑袋就可以发电子邮件。
-Hana: Yes.
是的。
And you're radioactive.
radioactive: 放射性的
你有核辐射。
-Ted: Why come to me?
为什么来找我?
-Hana: Because they got to me too.
get to: <口> 开始,着手处理【这里指下手】
因为他们也找到了我。
I can find them, Ted. And you can nuke them.
nuke: 以核武器攻击
我能找到他们,Ted。而你可以炸他们。
(Previously on Heroes)
previously : 以前,预先 hero:英雄
(《英雄》前情提要)
-Hope: Turned on the waterworks, and they were mine. They're getting the suitcase as we speak.
turned on: 打开 waterworks: 供水设备(喷水装备) turned on the waterworks: 打开供水设备(喷水装备)【这里应该是指开始哭鼻子】 suitcase: 手提箱
我一流眼泪,他们就乖乖听我的话了。他们现在就在拿手提袋。
Where's the bag?
手提袋在哪?
-Hiro: You may fool Ando, but you do not fool me.
fool: 愚弄,欺骗
也许你可以骗过Ando,但你骗不了我。
-Matt: Matt Parkman. Here to protect you, Sir.
protect : 保护
Matt Parkman。我是来保护你的,先生。
Sir, we've got to get out of here right now. This is a setup.
get out of: 从…出来,离开 right now: 立刻,马上 setup: 诬陷,栽赃
先生,我们必须马上离开。这是个陷阱。
- Malsky: What? How do you know that?
什么?你怎么知道的?
-Matt: I just do.
我就是知道。
-Claude: Now, you absorb all these abilities you find. I'm gonna teach you how to pull 'em out one at a time.
absorb: 吸收;摄取 abilities: 能力 gonna : <口语> = going to pull out拔出,抽出
你会吸收所有你发现的能力。我会教你如何一次使用一种能力。
-Peter: I don't have to do anything!
我什么都不需要做!
-Claude: Except fly.
except:除了
除了需要飞。
-Mohinder: hello,Zane Taylor?
你好,是Zane Taylor吗?
-Sylar: Yes. You must be Dr. Suresh. Come on in.
是的。你一定是Suresh博士。快进来。
-Mohinder: There are others out there like you. And I am going to find them.
世上还有和你一样的人。我要找到他们。
-Sylar: I could go with you.
我可以和你一起找。
-Noah: She had an appointment with a neurologist. Your mother's been having some headaches.
have an appointment with: 已预约;约会 appointment: 约会,预约 neurologist: 神经学家 headache: 头痛
她去看了神经医生。你妈妈一直有头痛病。
-Claire: Yeah, she's also been having some memory loss. Did you tell them that?
memory: 记忆 loss: 丢失
对,她还一直有失忆的症状。你告诉他们了吗?
-Ms.Bennet: I don't know any Mr. Muggles.
any: 任何;什么
我不认识什么Muggles先生。
And I don't know you.
而且我也不认识你。
-Claire: Dad? Dad? Dad?
爸爸?爸爸?爸爸?
Where's dad?
爸爸在哪?
-Lyle: He's on one of his stupid business trips.
business trips: 商务旅行 stupid : 愚蠢的
他在出差。
-Claire: There's something wrong with mom.
something wrong with: 有点问题
妈妈有点不对劲。
-Lyle: There's something wrong with you.
你才不对劲。
-Claire: Mom? Do you know who this is?
妈妈?你知道他是谁吗?
-Ms. Bennet: Claire, leave your brother alone.
leave alone: 不管(不理,不干涉,让单独呆着)
Claire,不要烦你弟弟。
-Claire: You recognize us?
recognize:认出,认可,承认
你能认出我们?
-Ms. Bennet: Yes, you are the daughter who is supposed to be setting the dinner table.
be supposed to: 应该 suppose: 应该,获准 set the table: 摆餐具 set: 放置
是的,你是应该摆好餐具的女儿。set the table: 摆餐具
-Claire: I was standing right there just a minute ago, and you had no idea who I was.
have no idea: 不知道;不认识
一分钟前我站在这里,你根本不认识我。
-Ms. Bennet: Lyle, help your sister with the table. Honestly, Claire.
honestly: 老实说
Lyle,帮你姐姐摆餐具。说真的,Claire。
-Lyle: Good thing dad's not home, ‘cause he would so drug test you.
drug: 毒品 test: 测试
好在爸爸不在,不然他会测你是不是吸毒了。
-Noah: It's good you called us, Isaac.
call: 呼叫,打电话【在这里有找某人的意思】
很高兴你找我们,Isaac。
-Isaac: I didn't know who else to trust.
trust: 相信;信任
我不知道去信任谁。
That man, Peter Petrelli, he’s gonna be responsible for all this.
be responsible for: 对…负责
那个人 Peter Petrelli 是他造成了这一切。
I tried finding him. I kept painting what I thought were empty spaces.
paint: 绘制;画
我试过找到他。我一直在画我以为是空的地方。
-Mr. Noah: And now?
现在呢?
-Isaac: There, in the water.
在那儿,水里。
-Mr. Noah: Footprints. So... Peter's invisible?
footprint: 脚印 invisible: 无形的;看不见的【invisible在字典里是无形的、看不见的意思,在这里可以理解为隐形的意思】
脚印。那么...Peter能隐形?
-Isaac: That sounds so crazy?
sound: 听起来 crazy: 疯狂的
听着很疯狂?
-Mr. Noah: Any more than a man who can paint the future?
more than: 超过
比能画出未来的人还疯狂?
Peter absorbs others' abilities. Apparently, he's met someone who we assumed was dead.
absorb: 吸收 Apparently: 表面上的;显然的 assume: 假定;认为
Peter吸收其他人的能力。很明显他遇到了一个我们认为已经死了的人。
-Isaac: That's the roof of the--
roof: 屋顶
那个屋顶是…
-Mr. Noah: the Deveaux building.
Deveaux大楼的。
Look, there's a chance that peter might come here first before we reach him.
reach: 到达;找到
我们找到他之前,他有可能先来这里。
-Isaac: What do you expect me to do with this?
expect: 期待;期望
你想我用枪做什么?
-Mr. Noah: Save the world.
拯救世界。
[Matt, Los Angeles]
(洛杉矶)
- Janice: Hey.
嘿。
- Matt: Hey. You know what? Let me do that.
让我来吧。
- Janice: I am pregnant, not porcelain.
pregnant: 大肚子;怀孕 porcelain: 瓷器
我怀孕了,又不是瓷娃娃。
-Matt: No, I'm just trying to be Mr. Helpful.
Mr. Helpful: 帮忙先生
我只是想做“帮忙先生”。
-Janice: Try Mr. Get-the-hell out-of-the-way.
Mr. Get-the-hell out-of-the-way: 走出地狱的路的先生
你还是做“别碍事先生”吧。
-Janice: What did you do?
你做了什么?
-Matt: You like it?
你喜欢吗?
-Janice: I love it ,I do.
我很喜欢,真的。
- Matt: Yeah?
是吗?
-Janice: Matt , we can't afford this.
afford: 负担,供应得起
Matt,我们买不起这个。
-Matt:Imean, we're- nah, come on. I got a guy. He gave it to me wholesale , so...
nah(俚语)=no guy: 男人,家伙 wholesale: 批发;批发价格
我是说,我们……不,得了。我认识一个人。他按批发价卖给我的。
-Janice: I'm so bloated.
bloated: 发胀的,浮肿的
我的手指太粗。
-Matt: Oh, you look so beautiful to me.
哦,你在我眼中是最美的。
-Janice: I’m sorry, you made this beautiful gesture, and I have to mess it up.
gesture: 姿态 mess up: 混乱,搞糟
对不起,你的一个好意,而我却要搞砸。
-Matt: What do you mean?
什么意思?
-Janice: A man called yesterday. A professor Suresh. He was a geneticist. He wanted to talk about DNA. Matt, your DNA.
geneticist: 遗传学家 talk about: 谈论
昨天一个人打来电话。一个叫Suresh的教授。他是个遗传学家。他想谈谈DNA。Matt,你的DNA。
-Matt: Did you tell him anything? I mean, you didn't tell him anything, did you?
你告诉他什么了吗?你什么都没说,对吗?
-Janice: Of course I didn't tell him anything. He found you. He knows.
find: 发现
我当然没说。他找到了你。他知道。
-Matt: Geneticists. Who are these people?
遗传学家。他们是什么人?
(Mohinder Suresh, Bozeman, Montana)
(蒙大拿州 Bozeman)
-Sylar: Um, before we go in, I just wanted to say thanks.
进去前,我想说声谢谢。
-Mohinder: For what?
为了什么?
-Sylar: Well, you know, for bringing me with you. You didn't have to do that.
bring with: 带着
因为你带我一起来。你不需要这么做。
-Mohinder: It would have been a long road alone. I'm glad for the company.
company: 友伴,陪伴
没人一起走就是条漫漫长路。很高兴有人陪同。
-Sylar: Well, I believe in fate, Mohinder, and karma, and I'm not just saying that because you're Indian.
believe in: 相信 fate: 命运 karma: 缘分;因果报应 indian: 印度人
Mohinder,我相信命运还有因果报应,并不是因为你是印度人我才这样说。
I mean, you really came to my rescue, and I won't forget that.
come to one’s rescue: 来营救某人 rescue: 援救;拯救
我的意思是,你拯救了我,我不会忘记的。
-Mohinder: It's not completely altruistic on my part, Zane.
altruistic: 利他主义;无私 on one’s part: 就…而言,站在…一边,代表…
我也不是完全没有私心的,Zane。
I have a feeling we're gonna meet up with a lot of skepticism from these people. You can help.
meet up with: 意外碰到,不期而遇 skepticism: 怀疑
我觉得这些人一定会怀疑我们的理论。你正好能帮忙。
-Sylar: I'm ready.
我准备好了。
-Mohinder: excuse me! Excuse me.
打扰一下!打扰一下。
-Dale Smither: Rap music. Can't stand it, but it's the only thing I've found that cancels out the…Can I help you?
stand: 忍受 cancel out: 消除,取消,抵消 cancel: 取消,撤销
说唱音乐。没法忍受但这是唯一的方法能避免...需要帮忙吗?
-Mohinder: We're looking for Dale Smither.
look for: 寻找
我们要找Dale Smither。
-Dale Smither: You found her.
就是我。
-Mohinder: Oh. O-of course , I'm Mohinder Suresh, and this is Mr. Taylor.
当然,我是Mohinder Suresh,这位是Taylor先生。
-Sylar: Zane. Actually, it's just Zane.
Actually: 实际上;事实上
Zane。事实上,就叫Zane好了。
-Mohinder: I left you several messages this week.
message: 邮件;信息
这周我留了几条信息。
-Dale Smither: Yeah, I got them.
对,我收到了。
-Mohinder: I believe I can help with what's happening to you. I'm sure you have lots of questions.
我想我可以能帮你了解现状。我相信你有很多问题。
-Dale Smither: Yeah, only one-- how'd you find me?
嗯,只有一个,你是怎么找到我的?
-Mohinder: You gave blood 11 years ago, signed a consent form to have a sample used in a program called the human genome project.
give blood: 自愿献血 sign: 签署 consent: 同意 form: 表格 sample: 样品 program: 项目 human genome project: 人类基因组计划 genome :基因组
11年前你抽过血,同意让血样用于人类基因组计划的研究。
-Dale Smither: You dialed the wrong number.
dial: 拨号
你找错人了。
-Sylar: Look, I know what you're thinking right now,
right now: 现在
听着,我知道你现在的想法。
That you've got nobody to talk to, nobody that understands what you're going through.
talk to: 交谈 go through: 经历,经受
你没有人可以诉说,没人理解你的处境。
But that's not true. I…I understand.
但事实不是如此。我…我能理解。
-Dale Smither: Yeah?
是吗?
Damn. That was my best wrench.
damn: 咒骂【这里可以理解为靠的意思】 wrench: 扳手
靠。那是我最好的扳手。
So there really are others, huh?
huh: 恩?【用于问题建议之后】
这么说真有其他人?
-Sylar: Yes. I'm proof of that.
proof: 证据;证明
对,我就是证据。
-Mohinder: That's why we're here.
这正是我们来的原因。
-Dale Smither: I…I…I thought the headaches at first were gonna kill me.
gonna:(俚语)=going to
我…我…我以为起初的头痛像能杀了我一样。
I'd lie awake at night thinking that my head was gonna explode.
awake: 清醒 explode: 爆炸
晚上躺下,我以为头要爆炸了。
A cockroach crawling across my neighbor's floor was like a marching band parading through my house.
cockroach: 蟑螂 crawl across: 跨越;爬过 crawl: 爬行,匍匐而行 march: 行军 band: 队 parade: 游行
蟑螂爬过邻居地板的声音就好像游行方队走过我家。
-Mohinder: I'm sorry. It must be quite a burden.
burden: 麻烦;负担
抱歉,这一定是个巨大的负担。
-Dale Smither: A burden? Hell, no. This is the best damn thing that ever happened to me.
damn: 该死的,可恶的【这里是为了加重语气】
负担?当然不是。这是发生在我身上最好的事。
Well, now that I've learned to control it, I'm like superman or something.
superman: 超人
我已经学会控制它,我就像个超人。
I can hear rain coming from 40 miles away. I can even hear someone's moods-- the tiniest changes in a heartbeat.
mood: 心情;情绪 tiniest : 最小的(tiny的最高级形式) heartbeat: 心跳
我可以听到40英里外的雨声。我甚至可以听到人们的情绪——心跳的微小改变。
Yours, for instance. It's racing kind of fast. You nervous about something?
for instance: 例如 nervous:紧张
比如你的,跳动的很快,你在紧张什么吗?
-Sylar: Um, no, I'm just excited to meet somebody like me.
excited: 兴奋;激动
我是因为遇到和我一样的人而激动。
-Dale Smither: Well, if you've come to try to take it away from me, you're gonna have a hell of a fight on your hands.
take away: 带走;夺走 a hell of: 极度的,难以容忍的,糟糕的 fight: 战斗
如果你们是来夺走它,那我会拼命保护的。
-Mohinder: I can assure you we only want to help.
assure: 保证
我保证我们是来帮你的。
Uh, I'd like to perform a few tests, some…some questions, really, that's all. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours.
test: 测试,试验 a couple of: 一些,几个
呃,我想做些试验,问一些…一些问题,真的,仅此而已。不过几个小时。
-Dale Smither: I'm kinda backed up today.
kinda:(口语)=kind of back up: (活)拖下来了【这里是Dale不想接受测试的接口】
我今天不想。
-Mohinder: We can come back in the morning.
我们可以明天早上再来。
-Dale Smither: Okay.
好的。
(Hiro Nakamura,LV)
(拉斯维加斯)
-Hiro: 1,2,3
1, 2, 3。
Ando! Is that you? I'm locked in!
lock: 锁
Ando!是你吗?我被锁在里面了。
You're not Ando.
你不是Ando。
-S.R.Gustavson: S.R.Gustavson, State Gaming Commission.
State: 州 commission: 委员会
S.R.Gustavson,州赌博管理委员会。
-Hiro: I come in peace.
peace: 和平
我没有恶意。
-S.R.Gustavson: What's an Ando?
Ando是什么?
-Hiro: Ando is my friend.I bring him from Japan on my mission.
mission: 任务,使命
Ando是我朋友,我从日本带他来执行任务。
-S.R.Gustavson: Where's the girl?
那个女人在哪?
-Hiro: Oh!
啊!
-S.R.Gustavson: Where's the suitcase?
手提箱在哪?
-Hiro: She said her name hope.
她说她叫Hope。
-S.R.Gustavson: Tell me where they are!
快说他们在哪!
-Hiro: Take me with you.I must save Ando.
take with: 携带 save: 营救;拯救
把我也带去吧我必须救Ando。
-S.R.Gustavson: Not a chance. I work alone, pal.
not a chance: 不可能 pal: 相好;伙计
没门。我自己干活,伙计。
-Hiro: You take me with you or she gets away...pal.
get away: 离开,逃脱
你不带我去那她就会逃走,伙计
(Ted Sprague, Los Angeles)
(洛杉矶)
-Ted: I so miss you, Karen. I miss your laugh.
miss: 想念
我好想你,Karen。我想你的笑容。
But they're gonna pay for what they did to me. What they did to us.
pay for: 偿还,付款
但他们要为对我所做的负责。为对我们所做的负责。
I know you're not gonna like what I gotta do. So, uh, I came to say good-bye.
我知道你不喜欢我要做的事,我是来道别的。
(Deveaux Building, Central Park west)
(中央公园西部 Deveaux大楼)
-Peter: Enough!
够了!
-Claude: I say when it's enough! You've got a power to stop me. What are you waiting for?
power: 能量;能力 wait for: 等待
要我说够了才行。你有能力来阻止我。你还等什么?
-Peter: I'm trying!
try: 尝试;努力
我正在努力!
-Claude: And when you've left New York a smoking wasteland, we'll put that on your tombstone: "Here lies Peter Petrelli.He tried.”
wasteland: 荒地;废墟 tombstone: 墓碑
当你使纽约一片废墟。我们就可以在你墓碑上写:“Peter Petrelli埋葬于此。他努力过了。”
Dig into that file cabinet of yours and pull something out! Fly, stop time, paint me a pretty picture. Do...something...unexpected!
dig into: 探究 file cabinet: 档案柜 unexpected: 想不到的,意外的
钻进你的宝库拿些东西出来,飞行,时间停止,给我画张美图。做点预料之外的事!
-Claude: Hah-hah! You pushed that away with your mind. Which one of your sorry friends has telekinesis?
push…away: 把……推开 telekinesis: 隔地促动【在这里可以理解为心灵感应】
哈哈!你用意念把棍子推开了。你那些可怜的朋友中谁会心灵感应?
-Peter: None of them do.
没人会。
Right--that guy who was chasing Claire in Texas. He sent some lockers flying at me.
chase: 追逐;追杀 locker: 更衣室
对了。有一个在德州追杀Claire的人会。他让柜子飞起砸向我
-Claude: Texas? And you pulled that little trick out in the here and now?
trick: 手段;特技;能力
德州?所以眼下你使出了这个能力?
Well, we might just have a chance at stopping you from going nuclear.
nuclear: 核,核子【在这里可以理解为核爆】
那我们可能有机会阻止你核爆。
-Isaac: I tried. Every street I painted, every building--empty. I think Peter's left New York.
我试过了。我画的每条街、每栋楼都是空的。我想Peter离开纽约了
-Simone: Why does this seem so familiar? Oh, now I remember. You'd get that same look on your face when you'd lie to me about using drugs.
familiar: 熟悉 look: 面貌;模样,表情 lie:说谎;欺骗
为什么一切如此熟悉? 噢,我想起来了。你过去骗我没吸毒的时候也是这个表情。
-Isaac: You think I'm lying? You're right. I can't willingly throw you into another man's arms.
throw into: 扔进
你认为我在说谎?是的,我不能自愿把你送给别的男人。
-Simone: Because you're jealous.
jealous: 嫉妒;酸溜溜
因为你吃醋了。
-Isaac: Because he's dangerous.
dangerous: 危险的
因为他是危险份子。
-Simone: Oh, god.
哦,天哪。
I don't think I should have this anymore.
我想我不再需要这个了。
-Isaac: No. Keep it. Please. I would do anything for you, Simone. Anything.
不。留着吧。求你了。我会为你做一切,Simone。一切。
-Simone: Find Peter.
找到Peter。
-Gustavson: Look, you're nothing but a Japanese map quest for me. So till we find that girl, just sit there and shut up.
map quest: 地图请求【这里比喻活地图】 shut up: 闭嘴
对我来说你只是个活地图,找到那个女人之前,乖乖地闭嘴坐着。
-Hiro: I bring Ando from Japan on my mission. I am responsible for him.
我带Ando来是要执行任务的。我要对他负责。
-Gustavson: All a partner ever does is either drag you under or screw you over.
partner: 搭档 drag: 拖曳 screw someone over: 欺负某人 screw: 拧,耍
搭档能做的就是拉你下水或耍你玩。
-Hiro: A partner helps by believing in you. He keeps you honest.
honest: 诚实;忠诚
搭档信任你。他让你诚实。
-Gustavson: Well. Who wanted to help the girl? Grab the suitcase? Take your car?
grab: 抓取,抢去
那么谁想帮她的?帮她拿手提箱?开走你的车?
-Hiro: Ando.
Ando。
-Gustavson: You take on a partner, all you get is their blood on your hands.
你有了搭档,能得到的就只有他的血。
(Ando $ Hope Primm, Nevada)
(内华达州Ando $ Hope Primm)
-Ando: Why are we stopping here? I thought we were going to your mother's house.
我们为什么停在这里?我记得我们是要去你妈妈家啊。
-Hope: The less questions you ask, Ando, the better off you'll be in life.
问的越少,Ando,你越能保命。
-Ando: Why is that?
什么意思?
-Hope: That'd be another question.
你又在问问题了。
-Ando: Here, I will help you with…
这里,我来帮你…
-Hope: no, I've got it.
不用,我自己来
-Hope: no…
没事…
-Ando: what is this?
这些是什么?
-Hope: What did I say about asking questions?
关于问问题,刚才我是怎么说的?
-Mohinder: You know, I have to admit, Zane, when you first offered to help, I was…I was cautious.
offer: 提供 cautious: 谨慎
你知道吗,我得承认,Zane,你提出想帮我的时候我,我…我是很小心的。
-Sylar: In what way?
为什么?
-Mohinder: I don't know you. You don't know me. It could have been a disaster.
disaster: 灾难
因为我不了解你。你不认识我。这可能是场灾难。
You... made a difference today. Thank you! Here is your key
make a difference: 有影响,起重要作用
你...今天让我刮目相看。谢谢!给你钥匙。
-Sylar: When you told that woman Dale that you could help her,is that really possible?
possible: 可能
你对Dale说你能帮助她,这可能吗?
-Mohinder: It's only theoretical at this point.
theoretical: 理论 at this point: 在这一点上
目前只在理论上可能。
But I am working on an inhibitor, a chemical that'll isolate the genetic mutation that causes these abnormalities.
inhibitor: 抑制剂 chemical: 化学制品 isolate: 隔离 genetic: 遗传的,起源的 mutation: 变化,转变 abnormality: 变态,反常,异常
但我在制作一种抑制剂,一种可以遏制基因突变的化学物质。
We can offer these people understanding, control, or, if needed, elimination of their ability. elimination: 消除
我们能让他们了解、控制、或者,如果需要的话,除去他们的能力。
-Sylar: Elimination? You make it sound like a virus or plague.
virus: 病毒 plague: 瘟疫 set: 组合;一套,一副
除去?听上去像是病毒或瘟疫。
-Mohinder: I'm sorry. I didn't mean to imply…It's just not all of you exhibit the same sets of skills you do. They can be dangerous.
imply: 暗示 exhibit: 展示
对不起,我并无他意,不是所有人都像你那样展示了能力。他们可能是危险人物。
My father had to learn that firsthand.
firsthand: 第一手
我父亲就该了解。
-Sylar: How's that?
怎么回事?
-Mohinder: He was murdered by a man named Sylar.
murder: 谋杀
他被一个叫Sylar的人谋杀。
-Sylar: Well, what happened to this...Sylar?
Sylar这人怎么了?
-Mohinder: I'm not sure.
我不清楚。
-Sylar: He just got away with killing your dad?
get away: 离开,逃脱
杀了你爸爸还能逃脱?
-Mohinder: I only know he's gone, locked away.
我只知道他离开了,被关了起来。
What does it matter? Even if I could come face-to-face with him, what difference would it make?
face-to-face: 当面的,面对面的
但这毫无意义,即使和他面对面,那又能有什么改变。
Justice can never really be served.
justice: 正义 serve: 服务【serve再字典里的意思是帮助、服务,在这里可以理解为伸张的意思】
正义永远不能得到伸张。
-Sylar: What a shame.
shame: 羞耻
太可惜了。
They're out there. I can feel them. So innocent, so unaware of what's happening to them. 他们确实存在,我能感觉到。他们很无辜,感受不到发生了什么。
We'll find them, Mohinder. All of them. Together, the two of us.It's our destiny.
innocent: 合法的;无辜 unaware: 不知道;没有意识到 destiny: 气数;命运
我们会找到他们的,Mohinder。找到所有人。一起,我们两个。这是我们的命运。
I'm gonna call it a night. I'll catch you in the morning.
call it a night: 今晚就做到这里,手工
晚安了,明早见。
-Ms. Bennet: Claire, do we need to talk?
Claire,我们要谈谈吗?
-Claire: No. Yes.
不用。是的。
Mom, you know how you sometimes forget things?
你知道有时你会忘记事情吗?
-Ms. Bennet: Honey, is this about my trip to the neurologist?
trip: 旅行;旅程 neurologist: 神经医师
亲爱的,是因为我去看神经医师的事吗?
It's just some headaches. I don't want you to worry.
只是头痛,不用为我担心。
-Claire: But they don't know what's causing it, right?
cause: 原因,引起
但他们不知道病因,对吧?
-Ms. Bennet: We are still waiting on the results from the tests.
wait on: 等待
我们还在等检查的结果。
-Claire: What if it's not some thing, that's responsible for it but someone?
be responsible for: 负责
如果这不是某些病,而是某些人造成的结果呢?
-Ms. Bennet: What on earth are you talking about?
on earth: 究竟
你究竟在说什么?
-Claire: What if you knew a secret, and they had a way to brainwash you?
secret: 秘密 brainwash: 洗脑;对……洗脑
如果因为我知道个秘密,他们想法子给你洗脑了呢?
-Ms. Bennet: You have been studying long enough. Let's curl up in my bed, piece of pie, glass of milk and watch an old Cary Grant movie.
curl up: (使)蜷曲,卷起
你学习太久了,去躺在我床上,一边吃派、喝牛奶,一边看Cary Grant的老片。
-Claire: Mom, I'm serious.
serious: 严肃的;认真的
妈妈,我是认真的。
-Ms. Bennet: I know this is a little scary, but dad's in charge of talking to the doctors, and they will come up with the answers.
scary: 吓人 come up with: 提出,想出
我知道有些吓人,但爸爸负责找医生了解病情,他们会有答案。
-Claire: Maybe you shouldn't trust dad so much.
你不该那么信任爸爸。
-Ms.Bennet: Now, why would you say that?
为什么这么说?
-Claire: What if it gets worse... and next time that you…Mom!
如果病情变糟...然后下一次你...妈妈!
-Claire: Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom! Mom, please wake up.
wake up: 醒来
妈妈!妈妈!妈妈!妈妈!妈妈!妈妈,求你了快醒醒。
-Peter: What's this all about anyways?
这都是为了什么?
-Claude: What's what?
什么意思?
-Peter: The birds. I mean, you-- you sort of hate everything, everyone. Except you treat these pigeons like they're family.
treat: 对待 pigeon: 鸽子
这些鸟,我意思是,你有点憎恶一切,不过你对这些鸽子,就像对你的家人一样。
-Claude: Charles Darwin bred pigeons when he was working out his theory of evolution. Married up various permutations to get maximum potential.
theory: 理论 evolution: 演变;进化 permutations: 排列;排序 maximum: 最大的 potential: 潜能;潜力
达尔文研究进化论的时候就养过鸽子。通过多个种类杂交来发掘最大潜能。
-Peter: What do you mean by that, maximum potential?
你指的是什么,“最大潜能”?
-Claude: I think he meant you, friend.
我想他指的是你,朋友。
-Peter: But you used to care. About all this. Didn't you?
但你曾经关心过。这一切,不是吗?
-Claude: All right, sharing time's over. Time to get…Ah!
share: 分享
好了,分享时间结束。现在该...啊!
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Peter: Something unexpected.
预料之外的事。
-Noah: Claire, this isn't a great time.
Claire 现在我不太方便
-Claire: Dad, you have to come home. Mom fell and she blacked out. I called 911…
black out: 晕倒
爸爸,快回家。妈妈摔倒,晕过去了,我拨了911…
-Mr. Bennet: what happened to her?
她怎么了?
-Claire: I came home and she didn't even know who I was. She didn't even remember Mr. Muggles.
remember: 记得
我回家时她都不认识我了。就连Muggles先生她也不记得了。
-Mr. Bennet: I'm coming home right away.
right away: 立刻,马上
我马上回来。
Claude'll have to wait.
Claude得等等了。
-Janice: matt, where are you?
Matt,你在哪儿?
-Matt : Hey, what's up?
嘿,什么事?
-Janice: The ring. I took it to get resized, and the jeweler told me it was worth $40,000.
ring: 环;戒指 resize: 调整 jeweler: 珠宝商
这个戒指。我拿去调整大小,珠宝商说它值4万块。
-Matt: Well, that's ridiculous.
ridiculous: 可笑的;滑稽的
呃,这个太荒唐了。
-Janice: And he accused me of stealing it.
accuse: 指责;控告 steal: 盗;窃取
他还说是我偷的。
I had to tell him my husband was a cop and there has to be some kind of an explanation. There is an explanation, right?
explanation: 解释
我不得不告诉他我老公是警察一定可以解释这事。你能解释对吗?
-Matt: The guy that I was protecting, Malsky...those were his.
protect : 保护
我保护的那个人,Malsky...是他的。
-Janice: You have to give them back.
give back: 交回;回馈
你得还回去。
-Matt: I can't. I can't. He's dead.
我不能。还不了了。他死了。
-Janice: Hmm. Uh, I need to sit down.
嗯。呃,我得坐一会儿。
-Matt: See? Honey, this is why I didn't want to tell you about this, okay? You were gonna get upset…
upset: 懊恼;忧虑
看见没有?亲爱的,这就是我不想告诉你这事的原因,好吗?你会不高兴...
-Janice: you let me keep the ring. It was stolen property. What were you thinking?
stolen: 被盗的 property: 财产;财富;所有物
你让我戴着这戒指,它是赃物,你在想什么啊?
-Matt: I don't know what I was thinking. I have no idea.
我不知道我在想什么。我没主意。
-Janice: You know, Matt, for a guy that can... read other people's thoughts, you should spend a little bit of time on your own.
知道吗,Matt,对一个能...听见别人思想的人来说,你应该花一点点时间在你自己的思想上。
-Matt: You know what? I'm just trying to figure out how to take care of our family. I don't have a job, Jan. And I'm worried that the baby…
figure out: 想出 take care of : 照顾 worry: 担心
你知道吗?我只是努力想办法养家,我现在没有工作,Jan,而且我还担心孩子...
-Janice: ever since you told me about this thing, this thing that you do, I have tried to act like everything's okay, but it's not.
ever since: 自从
自从你告诉我这件事,你的这种能力,我就一直努力装作一切正常,但不是。
It's stealing and lying. Matt, you're better than this!
这是偷窃和说谎。Matt,你可没这么差!
-Matt: All right. Fine, I'll take them down to the precinct.
precinct: 分局;管理区
好吧。好,我把它们送到局里去。
-Janice: Call them right now.
现在就打电话。
-Matt: What?
什么?
-Janice: Call them right now.
现在就给他们打电话。
-Matt: Hello? What? Where are you right now? Yeah. Yeah, I know the place. I'll be right there.
喂?什么?你现在在哪儿?好,好,我知道地方。我马上来。
-Janice: Who was that?
是谁?
-Matt: I, uh, I gotta go out.
gotta: <美俚> =have got to
我,呃,我得出去了。
-Janice: Where? Matt. Matt.
去哪儿?Matt。Matt。
-Peter: How you feeling?
感觉怎么样?
-Claude: you knew they were after you.
你知道他们在追踪你。
-Peter: Who? I don't know who they were!
谁?我不知道他们是谁!
-Claude: You wanted to know why I was invisible all these years.
invisible: 不可见【在这里可以理解为隐身的意思】
It was because of them, and you've brought the bastards right to my door!
bastard: 私生子;混蛋
你想知道这么多年我为何隐身就是因为他们,而你把这些混蛋带上门来了!
-Peter: I just saved you, ass!
ass: 蠢人;笨蛋
我刚救了你的命,笨蛋!
-Claude: You've no idea what you've done. Your mate, the painter. He took your girl up to the roof. He must have known we were up there
mate: 队友【在这里指情敌】
你不知道你闯了什么祸。你的情敌,那个画家,他带你的女人上过房顶,他一定已经知道我们在那儿。
-Peter: Isaac. He's a comic book artist.
comic: 漫画 artist: 艺术家
Isaac。他是个漫画家。
-Claude: Let's call a spade a shovel, mate. It had to be Isaac. They got to him. You said yourself he disappeared for a bit, right?
spade: 铁锹 shovel: 铲 【call a spade a shovel字面意思是把铁锹叫做铁铲,Claude的意思是称呼只是形式而已,意即叫法无所谓】 get to: 找到 disappear: 消失;失踪 a bit: 有点;一会;
叫法无所谓,朋友。一定是Isaac。他们找过他了。你说过他失踪过一段时间,对吗?
-Peter: Yeah, so?
嗯,所以呢?
-Claude: Well, that's how it works. At least, that's how it did in my day.
at least: 至少
就是这么回事。至少,跟我以前一样。
You drop off the face of the earth for a few days, and wake up with a memory hole, a killer headache, and a souvenir.
drop off: 走开,消失 face : 表面 wake up: 醒来 memory: 记忆 hole: 孔;漏洞 souvenir: 纪念品
你从世上消失几天,醒来却失去记忆,头疼得要死,而且还留了纪念。
Did he have a set of these?
你有这玩意儿吗?
-Peter: I don't know. What is that?
不知道。是什么?
-Claude: Those are for the lucky ones.
幸运者的标志。
-Peter: So what do we do now? Hey!
那我们现在怎么办?嘿!
-Claude: We? You watch your own back. I do what I always do--disappear。
watch:照顾,照看
我们?你自己保重。我照老样子——消失。
-Peter: I'm not letting you run again. We're getting somewhere with all this.
run: 奔跑;跑掉
我不会再让你跑掉的。这事我们得一起应付。
-Claude: You should have thought of that before you brought your baggage to my roof.
think of: 想到;考虑到 baggage: 行李
你把行李拿到我的屋顶时,就应该这么想了。
-Peter: I can't do this on my own.
on one’s own: 某人自己
我一个人不行的。
-Claude: Then I guess you go boom.
Guess :猜 go boom: 毁灭,崩溃 boom: 繁荣,隆隆声【这里指爆炸】
那我猜你得爆炸了。
-Simone: have you heard from Peter?
heard from: 听到;有
你有Peter的消息吗?
-Nathan: Last time I saw my brother, he flew out of a window to get away from me. I doubt he's going to come knocking on my door.
get away : 逃脱,离开 knock: 敲;打
上次见到我弟弟,他为躲避我从窗子飞了出去。我怀疑他会来敲我的门。
-Simone: He flew out a window?
他从窗户飞了出去?
-Nathan: So to speak.
可以这么说。
Simone, I've got people looking for him, people I can trust. Around the clock. We'll find him.
look for: 寻找,寻觅
Simone,我已经让人去找他了,我信任的人。昼夜不停地找。会找到他的。
-Simone: But what if you don't? You need to go public, call a press conference, tell everyone about Peter's condition
press conference: 新闻发布会 press: 新闻界 conference:会议 condition: 情况;条件
但如果你找不到呢?你需要公开,召开新闻发布会,告诉所有人Peter的情况。
-Nathan: Nobody's gonna believe somebody can explode and destroy a city, Simone. I can't believe I believe it.
explode: 爆发;爆炸 destroy: 破坏;毁坏
没人会相信有人会爆炸毁掉城市,Simone。我都不敢相信我信这些。
-Simone: Let's tell them everything. Isaac painting the future, Hiro stopping time. Even you--what you all can do is incredible.
incredible: 难以置信的
我们什么都告诉他们。Isaac描绘回来,Hiro停止时间。甚至你,你们能做的事很不可思议。
It's time people know what's happening. The truth.
现在该让人们知道发生了什么。真相。
-Nathan: Simone, look, I know your heart...It's in the right place. You want to help Peter, and I want to help him, too.
Simone,听着,我知道你的心...是好的。你想帮Peter,我也想帮他。
But if people knew what we were capable of, they would drop a collective brick.
capable of: 能够;有……能力 drop: 放下;掉下 collective: 集体的 brick: 砖
但如果人们知道了我们的能力,我们就会成为众矢之的。
-Simone: You think they'll burn you at the stake?
burn: 烧 stake: 树桩;木柱
你认为他们会把你们烧死?
-Nathan: Yeah. Pretty much.
嗯。差不多。
Because that's what I would do. I'd round us all up, stick us in a lab on some island in the middle of the ocean.
round up: 赶拢(使...集拢,围捕,舍去以成整数,责骂) stick: 钉住;粘贴【在这里的意思可以理解为关在】 ocean: 海洋
因为换作我也会这么做。我会把我们围起来,把我们关进大海里某个岛上的实验室。
-Simone: Where Peter saw hope, you see disaster. I guess I'm voting for the other guy.
disaster: 灾难 vote for: 投票赞成
Peter看见的是希望,你看见的却是灾难。我想我会投票给另一个家伙。
-Nathan: Simone. Do not take this public.
public: 公共的;公众的
Simone。别把这事公开。
-Ando: But you kissed me. I thought you liked me.
但你亲了我。我以为你喜欢我。
-Hope: Don't remind me.
remind: 提醒;使想起
别提这事儿。
-Ando: What will happen to me now?
现在你会对我怎么样?
-Hope: damn it!
damn it: <俚> 该死的 damn: 诅咒
妈的!
-Gustavson: Hope! I want my share.
share: 部分;股份
Hope!我要我那一份。
-Hiro: Ando!
Ando!
-Ando: Hiro!
Hiro!
-Hiro: Ando!
Ando!
Ando! This way, hurry!
Ando!这边,快!
-Ando: Hiro, I'm sorry. I should've listened to you.
Hiro,对不起。我应该听你的话。
-Hiro: No. This is all my fault. I never should have... brought you on my mission.
on my mission: 我的使命 mission: 任务;使命
不。这都是我的错。我根本就不该...带你去完成我的使命。
-Ando: And if you didn't... I would be at my desk in Tokyo. I would never know... what it is to be a hero.
如果你没带我来,我就会在东京坐办公桌我永远也不会知道做英雄是怎么回事
-Hiro: I don't want to die!
我不想死!
-Ando: Did your power work? I had my eyes closed!
power:力量;势力;能力
你的能力起作用了?我闭着眼睛的!
-Hiro: Me too. Her gun must have misfired.
misfired:(枪炮等)不发火;走火
我也是。她的枪一定是走火了。
-Ando: I guess... Lucky for us!
我猜...我们运气好!
-Hiro: Look Ando!
Ando,你看!
-Hiro: Not a scracth on the Versa!
scracth: 刮痕
车子连一点刮痕都没有!
-Dale Smither: Funny. I didn't hear your footsteps.
footstep: 脚步
真有趣。我没听见你的脚步声。
-Sylar: That's because there weren't any.
因为没有。
-Dale Smither: That sound. In your heart. What is it?
那声音。你心里的。是什么?
-Sylar: Murder.
murder: 凶杀;谋杀
谋杀。
-Claire: Is my mom gonna be okay?
我妈妈会没事吧?
-Doctor: She's stable. When your dad gets here, we can discuss options.
stable: 稳定 option: 选择;选项
她很稳定。等你爸爸来了,我们可以讨论一下选择。
-Claire: Options?
选择?
Claire, why don't you come sit down.
Claire,干吗不坐下?
-Doctor: Your mother has a subdural hemorrhage.
subdural: 硬膜下 hemorrhage: 出血;溢血
你母亲有硬脑膜下出血。
-Claire: I got a c-minus in biology.
biology: 生物学 c-minus: 负的;减去的
我的生物成绩很差。
-Doctor: Oh. It's, um... it's like a bruise on her brain, specifically the area that controls memory.
bruise : 瘀伤;擦伤 brain: 脑子 specifically: 特定的;明确的
哦。就像是...就像是她大脑上有擦伤,说具体点就是控制记忆的区域。
Has your mother had any recent exposure to radiation? A history of epilepsy?
recent: 近来的;新近的 exposure: 暴露 radiation: 辐射 history:历史 epilepsy: 癫痫
你母亲最近暴露在放射线中过吗?有癫痫病史吗?
If this is a result of domestic violence, Claire…
domestic : 家庭的 violence: 暴力
如果这是家庭暴力造成的,Claire…
-Claire: no. No, it's not like that. Not really.
不。不,不是这样。不算是。
-doctor: Then what's it like?
那是怎么回事?
-Claire: You won't believe me.
你不会相信我的。
-doctor: Anything you say will be held in the strictest confidence.
strictest: 严格 confidence: 机密;秘密;保密
你说的一切我都会严格保密。
-Claire: There's a man... who works for my dad. He can make you forget things. Anything. Just by touching you with his hands.
work for: 为……效力 touch: 触摸;碰触
有一个人...为我爸爸工作。他能让你忘记事情。任何事情。仅仅需要用手接触你。
-doctor: I'll talk to your father.
我会跟你父亲谈的。
-Claire: Wait, I’m telling the truth.
等等,我说的是真的。
-Matt: Hey.
嘿。
-Matt: I only came here because you said it was a matter of life and death. You can't go blowing anything else up.
a matter of life and death: 生死攸关的事情 blow up: 爆发
我来只是因为你说事关生死。你可不能再炸掉什么东西了。
-Ted: I found out what these are. They're tracking us. Like animals!
track: 跟踪 animal: 动物
我知道这是什么了。他们在追踪我们,像牲口一样!
-Matt: What the hell's that supposed to mean?
be supposed to: 应该
这究竟是什么意思?
-Hana: The truth.
真相。
-Matt: Hey! What's going on? Ted?
嘿!怎么回事?Ted?
-Ted: She's…She's a friend, okay, like us. She's the one who put me onto the scratches.
她…她是个朋友,好吧,和我们一样。是她让我知道了擦痕的来历。
-Hana: It comes from a pneumatic needle. It injects a radioisotope for tracking viruses in africa.
pneumatic :气动的 needle: 针;针头;注射器 inject: 注入 radioisotope: 放射性同位素 viruse: 病毒 Africa: 非洲
是气压注射器造成的。是用来在非洲注射一种放射性同位素来追踪病毒的。
-Ted: That's what we are to them, a- a virus. A plague.
plague: 鼠疫,瘟疫
对他们来说我们就是一种病毒。一场瘟疫。
-Matt: Who's them?
他们是谁?
-Hana: A shipment of needles went to Primatech paper in Odessa, Texas. The tracking slip went to a man named Bennet. Sound familiar?
shipment: 装运 slip: 滑;下跌 familiar: 熟悉的
一批注射器被运到了德州奥德萨的Primatech造纸厂。收货人是一个姓Bennet的人。
很耳熟吧?
-Matt: I've already been down this road. Trust me, it's a dead end.
down: 沿着…而下
这我已经查过了。相信我,是条死胡同。
-Hana: Really?
真的?
-Matt: 'Yeah.
对。
-Hana: Why would a paper company need pneumatic needles with a radioisotope?
pneumatic: 气动的 needle: 针;针头;注射器 radioisotope: 放射性同位素
造纸厂要带放射性同位素的气压注射器干什么?
-Ted: I had my blood tested. It's in me, that isotope.
isotope: 同位素
我做了血检。它在我体内,那种同位素。
-Matt: Ted, you're radioactive by nature.
radioactive: 放射性 nature: 自然;天然
Ted,你的放射性是自然形成的。
-Ted: How much you wanna bet it's in you too?
wanna:(口语)=want to bet: 赌注;打赌
你敢赌多少你体内也有?
-Matt: No, it's insane. No!
insane: 疯狂
不,简直疯了。不!
I want to put this whole thing behind me.
put…behind: 拒绝考虑,忘却
我想忘掉这整件事。
My wife and I have a baby coming. My family needs me!
我和我老婆要有孩子了。我的家人需要我!
-Ted: If you got a family, that means you got something to protect.
如果你有了家庭,就意味着你要保护它。
There is no putting this whole thing behind you. We gotta find out what they did and make them fix it!
fix: 改过【在这里可以理解为弥补】
这事不可能就这么忘掉。我们要弄清他们对我们做了什么,并让他们弥补!
-Matt: If they can track us like you say they can, he'll know we're coming.
如果他们能像你说的那样追踪我们,他们就会知道我们来了。
-Ted: Good. I can get us through any wall they got. I need you to get inside his head. He can't lie to us if you're there.
get through: 通过 get inside: 进入 lie: 撒谎
很好。不管他们有什么墙,我都能带你们过去。我需要你进入他的脑袋。如果你在那儿,他就骗不了我们了。
We'll find out the truth.
find out: 发现,查出
我们会查出真相的。
Look, I cannot do this... without you. If we can save ourselves, we could help others. We could be heroes!
听着,没有你...我就做不成。如果能救我们自己,我们就能帮助其他人。我们可以成为英雄!
-Lyle: dad.
爸爸。
-Noah: I've convinced the doctor to let us take her home in the morning. She'll be okay.
convince: 说服;使信服
我已经说服医生让我们明早带她回家。她会没事的。
-Claire: No, thanks to you.
不,拜你所赐。
-Lyle: Shut up, Claire.
Shut up: 闭嘴
住嘴,Claire。
-Noah: Claire, can I talk to you outside? Please?
Claire,能到外面谈谈吗?拜托?
The doctor told me you had an interesting theory about your mom's condition.
theory: 理论 condition: 情况;状态
医生告诉我关于你妈妈的病情你有个很有趣的理论。
-Claire: It's not a theory. You did this to her. You erased her mind.
erase: 抹去;擦掉
那不是理论。是你造成的。你抹掉了她的记忆。
-Noah: Claire, that's ridiculous.
ridiculous: 荒谬的;可笑的
Claire,这太荒谬了。
-Claire: You tried to erase mine.
你也想抹掉我的。
-Noah: I don't know where you're getting these ideas.
我不知道你这些想法是从哪儿来的。
-Claire: Stop. Stop it! Stop lying! After what you did to mom, isn't that enough?
住口。别说了!别再说谎了!你把妈妈弄成那样,还不够吗?
-Noah: What you know is dangerous. If the wrong people find out about what you can do…
你知道的事情非常危险。如果让坏人发现了你的能力...
-Claire: like the man who killed Jackie?
就像杀死Jackie的那个人?
-Noah: Exactly.
没错。
-Claire: Why? Why did you do this to mom?
为什么?为什么对妈妈这样做?
-Noah: A few days ago, that man broke into our house…looking for you. He found your mother instead. So I made her forget.
几天前,那个人闯进我们家...去找你。但他只找到了你妈妈。所以我让她忘记了。
Your mother is a gentle soul. And people like her shouldn't have to know about people like him.
gentle: 温和的;文雅的 soul: 灵魂;心灵【在这可以理解为性情】
你妈妈生性温和。她这样的人没必要知道有他这样的人。
-Claire: And maybe people like you.
也许还有你这样的人。
-Noah: I never meant for her to get sick. I only wanted to protect my family.
get sick: 生病;患病
我从来没打算让她生病。我只想保护我的家人。
Claire bear, I promise, I promise this will never happen again.
bear: 熊【在这里可以理解为一种昵称,宝贝之类的意思】 promise: 保证
Claire小熊,我保证,我保证再也不会发生了。
-Claire: No!
不!
You don't just get to say you're sorry and make everything go away.
你不能只凭一句“对不起”就让一切都过去。
-Mohinder: Zane, are you all right?
Zane,你没事吧?
-Sylar: Yeah, it's just, uh, it's just a headache.
没事,只是...只是有点头疼。
-Mohinder: Okay. Sit tight. I'll be back.
好的。坐好。我就回来。
Hello? Anybody here?
你好?有人吗?
-Sylar: Hey, maybe we should just come back, Mohinder.
也许我们应该晚点再来,Mohinder。
-Mohinder: Dale? Dale?
Dale? Dale?
-Sylar: Mohinder, what's the matter? What are you doing?
Mohinder,怎么了?你干嘛?
-Mohinder: Dialing 911.
Dial: 拨号
打911。
-Sylar: Do you think that's a good idea?
你觉得这样做好吗?
-Mohinder: What are you talking about? She was murdered.
你说什么啊?她被人杀了。
-Sylar: And what were we doing here?
那我们在这儿干什么?
-Mohinder: What do you mean? We found her.
你什么意思?我们发现了她。
-Sylar: How? Why?
怎么发现的?为什么?
I mean, look at us. Where did we come from? How did we get here? Can we explain any of this without looking completely insane?
insane: 疯狂的;精神错乱的
我是说,看看我们。我们是从哪儿来的?我们怎么到这儿的?我们能解释这一切而不让人把我们当神经病吗?
-Mohinder: The top of her head was removed. It was Sylar. I don't...I mean, How?
remove: 除去
她的头顶被切掉了。是Sylar干的。我不...我是说,他怎么做的?
-Sylar: Sylar.
Sylar。
-Mohinder: Okay, we have to warn them. Everyone on the list. He’s after them. We'll, uh, we'll leave now and we'll call the police anonymously from the road.
warn: 警告 list: 清单 anonymously: 匿名
好了,我们得警告他们。名单上的所有人。他在追踪他们。我们现在就走,在路上再给警方打匿名电话。
-Mohinder: Zane, are you okay?
Zane,你没事吧?
-Ando: My arm still hurts a little. You should drive
hurt: 伤害;疼痛 drive: 开车
我胳膊还有点疼。你来开车吧。
-Hiro: No, you always drive. Take the versa back to the rental car place.
rental: 出租
不,一直都是你开的。把车送回租车的地方吧。
-Ando: What are you doing?
你干什么?
-Hiro: What I should've done weeks ago.
我几星期前就应该做的事。
Go home, Ando.
回家吧,Ando。
-Ando: Why are you doing this? I said I was sorry about the girl.
你为什么这么做?关于那女的我已经道歉了。
-Hiro: This isn't about you. It's about me.
不是你的原因。是因为我。
I made a mistake by bringing you along. I have to do this alone.
我带你来是错误的。我得一个人去完成。
-Ando: But you cann't! It's destiny! The comic book --we're going to save the word!
destiny: 命运 comic: 漫画
可你不行的!这是命运!那本漫画书...我们要拯救世界!
-Hiro: Life isn't a comic book. Too many people have died since we began. I don't know what I would do... if I lost you, too.
生活并不是漫画书, 自从我们开始已经死了太多人,我不知道该怎么办...如果我连你也失去了的话。
-Ando: Hiro, please. Hiro.
Hiro,求你了。Hiro。
-Driver: Hey, young fella. All by yourself?
fella(俚语):伙计;小伙子
嘿,小伙子。就你一个人?
-Hiro: Yes, just me.
对,就我一个。
-Mr.Bennet: Lyle.
Lyle。
Claire. We'll get through this. Your mom needs us. Lyle, too.
get through: 通过;打通
Claire,我们得让它过去。你妈妈需要我们。Lyle也是。
-Claire: I don't even know if I'll remember any of this tomorrow.
我甚至不知道明天我还会不会记得这些。
All I want to do is run away, but I can't. Somebody has to protect this family from you.
run away: 走开
我现在只想一走了之,但我不能。必须有人保护这个家不受你的伤害。
-Mr.Bennet: Lyle, take your mother. Get out of the house right now.
Lyle,带上你妈妈。马上到房子外面去。
-Lyle: Dad?
爸爸?
-Matt: I'm sure you have a lot of questions. We all do.
我知道你们有很多问题。我们都一样。
-Peter: Why'd you do it, Isaac?
你为什么这么做,Isaac?
-Isaac: How'd you get in here?
你怎么进来的?
-Peter: What'd they give you, money? Drugs?
Drug: 药物;毒品
他们给了你什么,钱?毒品?
-Peter: What's a Judas get these days?
Judas: 犹大【Judas 在字典里指犹大在这里可以理解为背叛者】
如今做叛徒有什么好处?
-Isaac: I was trying to stop you. You're dangerous. You said it yourself. Without them to help, you'll become that.
我是想阻止你。你是危险份子。是你自己说的。没有他们帮忙,你就会变成这样。
-Peter: I had help. I was learning to control it. You scared my only chance of hope!
scare: 吓唬
有人帮我了。我在学习控制它。你吓跑了我唯一的希望!
-Isaac: Stop!
住手!
-Peter: What are these marks, huh? What do they mean?
mark: 标识;标记
这是什么印记,啊?是什么意思?
-Isaac: They're nothing. They mean nothing.
不是什么。没什么意思。
-Peter: Don't lie to me!
不要骗我!
This is why you sent them after me. Jealousy? With me out of the way, you'd have Simone all to yourself.
Jealousy: 嫉妒;吃醋
这就是你派他们抓我的原因。嫉妒?没我挡道,你就能独占Simone了。
-Isaac: You stole her away from me!
steal: 偷
你从我身边偷走了她!
But I did it to save New York, to stop the bomb.
但我那么做是为了挽救纽约,阻止爆炸。
I can do it right now. With just one bullet, I can be a hero.
right now: 立刻 bullet: 子弹;炮弹
我可以现在就这么做。只用一颗子弹,我就能成为英雄。
-Peter: You're not a hero, Isaac.
你不是英雄,Isaac。
You're a junkie. You couldn't even save yourself. That's why she left you, Isaac.
junkie: 贩毒者;瘾君子
你是个瘾君子。连你自己都救不了。所以她才离开了你,Isaac。
It had nothing to do with me!
这和我没关系!
-Isaac: Show yourself!
show :表现;显示
给我出来!
Simone!
Simone!
No.
不。
词汇解析:Lisa 校对:Daisy



评 论


