Season 1, Episode 4: One Giant Leap

 

Sometimes questions are more powerful than answers.

powerful: 强有力的,强大的

有时候问题本身比答案还要强大

 How is this happening?

happen: 发生

这是怎么发生的?

What are they? Why them and not others?

他们都是谁?为什么是他们而不是别人?

Why now? What does it all mean?

为什么是现在?这都意味着什么?

 

-Sandra Bennet: Hello.

你好

-Matt Parkman: Is this a hospital? Am I hurt?

hurt: 伤害,(使)疼痛

这儿是医院吗?我受伤了吗?

-Sandra Bennet: You're fine.

你很好

-Matt Parkman: I was at a bar ... having a beer.

bar: 酒吧

我记得我在一个酒吧里喝酒

-Sandra Bennet: We had to drug you. I'm sorry about that.

drug: 下药

我们不得不给你下了药很抱歉这么对你

-Matt Parkman: What? What's going on?

什么?怎么回事?

-Sandra Bennet: Please don't get excited, Matt. We're trying to test your resting rate.

excited: 动的  resting: 【生理】不积极分裂的,休眠的  rate: 比率

别太激动了 我们正在检测你身体的代谢指数

-Matt Parkman: Let me out of here.

放开我

-Sandra Bennet: just ... relax…

relax: 放松

只需要放松就好

-Matt Parkman: What are you, FBI? Huh? What, are you CIA?

CIA= Central Intelligence Agency: 美国中央情报局

你是联邦调查局,还是中央情报局的?

-Sandra Bennet: I'm not part of any organization that has initials.

organization: 组织  initial: [复数](姓名或组织名称等的)首字母

我不隶属于任何机关和组织

-Matt Parkman:  Listen to me. Whoever you think I am …

whoever: 无论是谁

听我说 你可能觉得我是你要找的人

Believe me, I'm not him. I'm not -- I'm not anyone.

believe: 相信

但是其实不是,我谁也不是

-Sandra Bennet: No, that's not true. You're someone. You're someone very special.

special: 特别的,独特的

不,你是。你是个很特殊的人

-Matt Parkman: Who are you people?

你到底是谁?

-Sandra Bennet: Trying to hear my thoughts, Matt? Not with my friend here. He's special too.

thought: 想法

你试图听到我的思想吗? 这儿还有一个朋友,他也很特殊

-Matt Parkman: I am st -- I am an LAPD -- Uhh! I'm a cop!

LAPD= Los Angeles Police Department: 洛杉矶警察 (部门)  cop: 警察

我是洛杉矶警察局的,我是警察

-Sandra Bennet: Everything you see ... by tomorrow, it won't matter.

matter: 有关系

不管你看到了什么 到明天就都无所谓了

-Matt Parkman: who’s Clair?

Clair是谁?

-Sandra Bennet: You're further along than we thought.

我们还没得到想要的

(to the Haitian) Go deep. Then clean him out.

deep: 深入的

继续深入,然后除掉他

-Matt Parkman: What does that mean? What

你们什么意思?什么

 

HIRO & ANDO

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA

-Ando: did you call the comic book writer?

comic: 连环图画

你给漫画书作者打电话了吗?

-Hiro:(日语) I left messages in Japanese

嗯,我用日语给他留言了

I need to learn how to say...

我得学会用英语说...

you're going to die in 5 weeks, then NY will explode in English

explode: 爆炸

"你五星期后就会死掉, 纽约还会发生核爆炸"

-Ando: You’re going to die in five weeks and NY will explode.

你五星期后就会死掉 纽约还会发生核爆炸

I'll teach you how to say it phonetically

phonetically: 按照发音地,语音学上

我教你怎么说吧

come on, I'm feeling lucky.

走吧,我觉得我的运气来了

 

Niki & Micah Sanders

 

-Sakamoto: I think it's best if Micah waited outside.

我想我们最好单独谈一下

Mr. Linderman is willing to forget your debt in exchange for...a favor.

willing: 愿意的,情愿的  debt: 债务  exchange: 交换  favor: 帮忙

Linderman先生可以一笔勾销你的债务 不过需要你...帮个忙

-Niki: What kind of a favor?

帮什么忙?

-Sakamoto: There's a man arriving this afternoon from New York.

今天下午会有个政客从纽约来

a politician who… wants some help from Mr. Linderman.

politician: 政治家,政客

他希望Linderman先生能够资助他

We're looking for a little insurance on our investment.

insurance: 保险,保险费  investment: 投资

不过我们需要确保我们的投资

-Niki: And you want me to...

那你是要我...

I'm not a whore.

whore: 妓女

我可不是妓女

-Sakamoto: I think we've established what you are.

establish: 确定

我想我们都清楚你是什么人

 

Chapter 4 "collision"

chapter: 章,回  collision: 碰撞;冲突

 

-Coroner: Jane Doe.

Claire Bennet Odessa, Texas

-Coroner: Roughly 16 years of age.

roughly: 粗略地,大致上

16岁左右

pulled out of red river creek at approximately 4 A.M. this morning.

creek: 小溪  approximately: 大约  A.M.= ante meridiem: 上午,由午夜至中午

今早四点左右在红河支流中被发现

She was naked and she was dragged, likely in an attempt to hide the body.

naked: 裸体的  drag: 拖拉  likely: 很可能  attempt: 试图  hide: 隐藏

裸体,尸体有被拖动, 被藏匿过的迹象

Secondary injuries are post-mortem.

secondary: 第二的;次要的  injury: 受伤处;损害  post-mortem: 死后

post-: 前缀,在之后 

轻微伤是死后造成的

Base of skull was punctured by a broken tree branch.

base: 基底  skull: 头骨  puncture: 刺;刺穿  branch: 分枝;树枝

一截断树枝刺入其后脑根部

appears to be victim of homicide. Possibly accidental.

appear: 看来好像  victim: 受害者  homicide: 谋杀  possibly: 可能地

accidental: 意外的;偶然的

貌似是谋杀,但不排除意外身亡的可能

-Clair: Oh, my...god.

哦,我的天啊

-Coroner: I love you too. Bye.

我也爱你,再见。

 

sync: fisherchen

sync: 电影,电视

Isaas Mendez lower Manhattan

Nathan Petrelli mid-town Manhattan [Nathan Petrelli] [曼哈顿中城]

 

-Nathan’s assistant: Internal polling shows a three-point bump from last night's speech.

internal: 内部的  polling: 投票  bump: 上升  speech: 演说

投票结果显示昨晚演讲后 你的支持率上升了三点。

Now, I say we roll the dice and hold off before we get into bed with Linderman.

roll: [美国英语](骰子)  dice: 骰子 

现在我们应该靠我们的运气, 尽量避免和Linderman打交道

-Nathan: I can handle Linderman.

handle: 处理;应付

Linderman不是问题

He may have owned my father, but he doesn't own me.

own: 控制;支配

他能搞定得了我爸爸 但想对付我,没门

-Nathan’s assistant: Look, man, I don't know about this. It just makes me nervous.

nervous: 紧张的

听着,这个我不清楚 我只是有些担心

-Nathan: It's your job to be nervous. It's my job to get elected.

elected: 当选的,选任的

那是你的事,我要做的就是赢得选战

In order to do that, I need money.

只有有了钱才能赢选

Linderman's $2 million, we can turn eight points into three and make it a horserace.

horserace: 赛马,跑马

Linderman200万美金 能让我们变被动为主动

-Mohinder: Mr. Petrelli!

Petrelli先生!

Excuse me, Mr. Petrelli!

打扰一下,Petrelli先生!

Mr. Petrelli, I must speak with you.

Petrelli先生,我得和您谈谈

-Nathan: Find out about this guy. (TO Mohinder) Thanks for your vote.

guy: (男)人  vote: 投票

查查这人。谢谢你的投票

-Mohinder: Your life may be in danger!

你现在有生命危险!

-Bodyguard: Back him up.

退后!

-Mohinder: I believe someone is targeting you.

target: 做为目标

有人要对你下手!

-Nathan: Can you be a little bit more specific? 12% of the electorate strongly opposes me.

specific: 具体的,明确的  electorate: 选民  strongly: 强烈地  oppose: 反对

你能说清楚点吗? 12%的选民都反对我呢!

-Mohinder: Does the name Sylar mean anything to you?

Sylar这个人你总听说过吧?

-Nathan: I'm sorry, I didn't get your name.

对不起,你叫什么名字?

-Mohinder: Suresh. Dr. Suresh.

Suresh, Suresh博士

-Nathan: Get rid of him.

rid: 脱离

把他带走

-Nathan’s assistant: Sir, I'm gonna take down your information.

先生,我需要记下你的个人信息

-Mohinder: Have you noticed any changes to your physiology?

notice: 注意  change: 变化  physiology: 生理机能

你注意到自己身体上的变化了吗?

something outside the norm, perhaps?

norm: 标准;规范  perhaps: 也许 

是不是有些什么不对劲的?

An ability you didn't have before, mind-reading, spontaneous regeneration.

ability: 能力  spontaneous: 自发的  regeneration: 再生;重建

一些你原来没有的能力 读心术或者是身体组织的自发再生

Please, it's very important that you listen to me.

求你了,我跟你说的这些非常重要

-Nathan: Keep an eye on this guy. I don't want this nut job following me to Vegas.

nut: 怪人;傻子  job: [俚语]人;女人

盯着他点 我可不想让他跟我到拉斯维加斯去。

-Nathan’s assistant: Oh, not a problem. Have a safe trip.

trip: 旅行

没问题,一路平安!

-Nathan: Right.

好的

-Nathan’s assistant: Get him out of here. I don't want to see his face again.

赶他走,我不想再见到这个人了

 

Peter Petrelli & Simone Deveaux lower east side, Manhattan

lower: 低的,河流较下游的

-Peter: Last night...Before we kissed, you, uh...made a toast.

toast: 祝酒词

昨天晚上,我们接吻前,你.. 说了祝酒词

-Simone: To love. May we stay away from it when it's no good for us.

to: 致敬;祝贺

敬爱情,希望我们在爱情无益的时候远离它。

-Peter: I was meaning to ask...

我只是想问问你...

-Simone: I wasn't talking about you. Clearly

clearly: 明显地

我当时并不是在说你,很明显

-Peter: I know. It's just... You and Isaac

我知道。不过,你和Isaac

There's coffee in the kitchen.

coffee: 咖啡  kitchen: 厨房

厨房里有咖啡。

-Nathan: You think this is one big joke, don't you, Pete?

joke: 玩笑

你觉得这是一个天大的玩笑 对吗,Peter

Your buddy, Suresh, He came by my campaign office this morning made a big scene.

buddy: 伙计, 同伴, 老兄  campaign: (政治, 竞选)运动  scene: 当众出丑,(尤指)在公共场所吵架

你朋友Suresh 他今天早上跑到我的竞选总部来了,跟我大吵大嚷。

He's talking about mind-reading and spontaneous regeneration.

说什么读心术,还有身体组织的自发再生。

-Peter: Chandra Suresh.

Chandra Suresh

-Nathan: Yeah.

是的

-Peter: How'd he find you?

他怎么找到你的?

-Nathan: You tell me.

你说呢?

-Peter: What, do you think I called him?

什么,你觉得是我给他打的电话?

-Nathan: Don't insult me. I've got trained professionals to do that.

insult: 侮辱,辱骂  trained: 受过训练的  professional: 职业的;专业的

别耍我了,你这一套骗不了我的。

-Simone: hey, where's your mugs?

mug: 马克杯,一种杯子

嘿,你的杯子放到哪儿了?

-Peter: Hey, uh...it's, uh...

...它们就放在...

They're in the cabinet with the water stain that looks like Abraham Lincoln.

cabinet: 橱柜  stain: 污点 

它们就放在那个壁橱里 看上去和出土文物一样。

-Nathan: Look...here's some money, all right? Take it.

听着,这儿有些钱

You want answers, go find 'em. It's on me.

on: [口语]支付

拿着这些钱 去找你想要的答案

I need you to disappear for a while, okay? You're becoming a liability.

disappear: 消失  liability: 不利条件,碍事的人

我需要你消失一段时间 你现在对我的竞选不利。

-Simone: I'm sorry. I'm opening a new show at the gallery, and a lot of crazy stuff to deal with.

show: 展览,展示  gallery: 画廊  crazy: 疯狂的  stuff: 东西 

不好意思 今天我画廊有个新开的展览,我还有许多事情要处理。

-Peter: Is it Isaac's paintings?

painting: (一张)

Isaac的作品吗?

-Simone: It's Isaac's paintings. It's Isaac.

没错,是Isaac的,是Isaac

It's his whole "I can paint the future" thing.

paint: 绘画

都是他画的未来。

-Peter: What if he can? Paint the future. I mean...strange things, right?

strange: 奇怪的 

要是他真可以呢? 我的意思是...画未来。很奇怪,对吗?

-Simone: No, that's about as strange as it gets.

实在是太奇怪了

-Peter: Ah, no, take it. You can bring it back tonight.

不用,你拿着吧 你可以晚上再拿回来。

-Simone: Uh, Peter, I...uh, I don't know what this is. I mean us.

嗯,Peter,我...嗯,我不知道这究竟算什么,我是说我们之间

I just got out of a two-year relationship that was very...destructive.

relationship: 男女关系  destructive: 破坏性的

我刚结束了一段糟糕的 持续了两年的感情

And here I am sleeping with the guy who is taking care of my dying father.

dying: 垂死的

而现在我在和一个 照顾我病危的父亲的人上床。

And it's a little confusing.

confusing: 使人困惑的;使人不解的

我有些困惑。

-Peter: I don't wanna be the rebound guy.

wanna=want to:   rebound: 弹回  guy: 家伙;人

我可不想作个临时替代品。

-Simone: I just need time to catch my breath before you take it away again, okay?

breath: 气息,呼吸

我只是需要一点时间来适应,好吗?

-Peter: Okay.

好的

-Clair’s mom: Claire! Breakfast!

Clair 吃早饭了!

to Sandra BennetWould you please tell your daughter to drag her fanny out of bed.

fanny: [美国口语]屁股,臀部

能不能叫你女儿快点起床啊?

-Sandra Bennet: Claire, drag your fanny out of bed! Claire!

Clair,快点起来吧! Clair

-Clair: Dad, I'm not deaf.

deaf: 聋的

我没聋,爸爸。

-Sandra Bennet: Your mother's making waffles. Were you out all night?

waffle: 华夫饼干

你妈做了华夫饼干。你是不是整晚都在外面?

-Clair: No.

没有

-Sandra Bennet: Were you with the quarterback?

quarterback: (美式足球中的) 四分卫

你是不是和那个四分卫在一起?

-Clair: Yeah. Yeah, it was just a bunch of us.

bunch: 一群;一束

是的。是啊,不过我们有一群人呢

It was stupid. I'm sorry.

stupid: 愚蠢的

我知道这么做不对,对不起

-Clair’s mom: honey, you're gonna miss your plane.

honey: 宝贝  gonna=going to: 将会  miss: 错过

亲爱的,你要赶不上飞机了

-Sandra Bennet: I'll be there in a second. I'm very disappointed in you.

disappointed: 失望的

我马上就来。我对你很失望

-Clair: Nothing happened. We played poker. I'm sorry.

poker: 扑克

什么事也没有发生。我们打了打扑克,对不起

-Sandra Bennet: I love you, Claire. I just want you to be honest with me.

honest: 诚实的

我爱你,Clair 我希望你能对我说实话

You can tell me anything. You know that.

你可以告诉我任何事情的,你知道的

-Clair: I know. I love you too.

我知道,我也爱你

-Sandra Bennet: Don't think you're getting away with this staying out all night thing.

你整晚不回家,这事还没完呢

It's gonna be a throw-down when I get home.

throw-down: 推到,推翻  【对抗】「a fightfrom Double-Tongued Dictionary

等我回来了再处理这事。

-Clair: What?

怎么了?

-Clair’s brother: Mom said to tell you the waffles are ready.

妈妈让我告诉你饼干烤好了

-Clair: I'll be there in a sec.

我马上就来

-Clair’s mom: Claire. Waffles!

Clair,饼干好了

 

-Mohinder: I feel like such an ass. I've never been so humiliated in my life.

ass: 蠢人  humiliate: 羞辱

我觉得自己像是个蠢货 我还从来没有这么被羞辱过

-Eden: Well, what did you expect, him to invite you in for tea?

expect: 期待,料想  invite: 邀请

那你想怎么样? 难道让他请你喝杯茶吗?

Oh, this came for you while you were gone.

这是你不在时送来的包裹。

-Mohinder: It's my father's ashes.

ash: [复数]骨灰

是我父亲的骨灰

You know, I haven't shed a single tear since my father's death.

single: (用于否定句)连一个也(没有)  shed: 使流出  since: 自从  death: 死亡

我还没为我父亲的死而掉过一滴眼泪

Not even when I claimed his body.

even: 甚至  claim: (根据权利)要求;认领

甚至在我认领尸体的时候也没有

They showed me three John Does before they finally found him. My father was misfiled.

finally: 最后,最终  misfile: 归错档案

在给我看了三具尸体后 他们才找到我爸爸的。他的档案归错了档。

-Eden: I'm really, really sorry.

真的很抱歉。

-Mohinder: And what have I been trying to prove?

prove: 证明

我又一直在试图证明什么呢?

I've used these theories-- the map, this Sylar, all of it—

theory: 理论

我用了他的理论,地图,还有Sylar 所有的这一切

just to validate a relationship that ended a long time ago.

validate: 确认  relationship: 亲属关系  end: 终结

只是为了确认一个早已消失了的亲情关系

I have no business being here.

business: 事务

我没有待在这的必要了

-Eden: You're just gonna give up?

gonna: <美口>going to,将会

你难道要放弃吗?

-Mohinder: I'm going home. To Madras, to scatter my father's ashes...

scatter: 撒;散播

我要回家,回马德拉斯,去撒他的骨灰

and go back to my life and stop trying to live his.

然后回到我自己而不是他的生活中去

-Peter: I'm looking for Chandra Suresh.

我找Chandra Suresh

-Eden: He doesn't live here anymore.

他不住这里了

-Peter: The guys at the Petrelli campaign gave me this address.

guy: (男)人,家伙  campaign: 竞选运动  address: 地址

Peter Petrelli竞选总部的人给我这个地址

They said he came by this morning? You Chandra Suresh?

他们说他今早去过那里。你是Chandra Suresh?

-Mohinder: No. That was my father.

不是,他是我父亲。

-Peter: Yeah, um...your father wrote a book about people with...abilities.

ability: 天资,专门技能

是吗,嗯...你父亲写了一本书 关于某些具有特殊能力的人

I--I think I may be one of them.

我,我想,我可能是其中之一

 

-Hiro: (in Japanese) that's enough, let's go

够了,我们走吧

-Ando: (in Japanese) go away .I’m concentrating

concentrate: 集中;专心

到一边去,我无法集中精神了

-Hiro: (in Japanese) where are your chips?

chip: (玩扑克牌用的)筹码

你的筹码呢?

-Ando: (in Japanese) on 26 black

押在黑26上了

-Hiro: (in Japanese) that's it? that's all of our money?! what happened?

这就是我们所有的钱了? 我们的钱都哪去了?

-Ando: (in Japanese) shhh! I need to focus

focus: 集中;注视

嘘,让我集中精神

-Hiro: (in Japanese) get it back! get it back, now!

把钱拿回来,拿回来!

-Server: Sir, no more bets! Step back, please.

bet: 赌注  

先生,停止下注了,请退后!

-Ando: I haven't lost it. 26 is going to win. you'll see

lose: 丢失;输 

我还没有输, 26能赢的,你看着吧

-Server: winner by 26.

winner: 赢家

26点赢

-Ando: I won. did you see? I won?

赢了,赢了! 看见了吗?我赢了!

-Hiro: ok, let's leave now

嗯,那我们走吧

-Ando: Thank you.

谢谢。

(in Japanese) now? Are you kidding? I'm on a roll!

kid: 开玩笑  roll: [美国俚语]一捆(或一卷)钞票

现在?!开什么玩笑?我手气正旺呢!

-Hiro: (in Japanese) no, you're not

不是的

-Ando: (in Japanese) but it just won, big

但是我赢了啊,而且是一大笔

-Hiro: (in Japanese) I did it. I stopped time, moved the ballyou won because of me.

move: 移动

我把时间停止,移动了铁球 所以你才赢了。

it's horrible, I’m a terrible person. But it was our last dollar.

horrible: 可怕的;令人毛骨悚然的  terrible: 极坏的,低劣的

你能明白的吧 太可怕了,我是个可耻的人。但是那是我们最后的钱 不这么做不行啊

-Ando: (in Japanese) it's genius, do it again

genius: 天才

你真是天才啊,再来一次。

-Hiro: (in Japanese) no! it's cheating

cheat: 欺骗;欺诈

不行,这是作弊

-Ando: (in Japanese) Is Peter Parker cheating when he sells pictures of spider-man?

spider-man: 蜘蛛侠  spider: 蜘蛛

彼得帕克在卖蜘蛛侠的照片的时候 难道没有作假吗?

-Hiro: (in Japanese) no

有啊

-Ando: (in Japanese) all heroes have a system. This is our system.

hero: 英雄  system: 系统;体制

每个英雄都有自己的做事准则 而这是我们的做法。

-Hiro: (in Japanese) Let it ride!

开始吧!

 

-Tina: so...you still looking in the mirror seeing a you that, ain't you?

mirror: 镜子  ain’t: <美口>aren’t  still: 还;仍然

你现在还能看到镜子中的另一个自己吗?

-Niki: Yep.

yep: []

-Tina: Hell, I can relate. It's called getting old.

hell: 地狱;见鬼  relate: 理解,认同

我能理解,那是说明你老了。

A little Botox would do us both some good.

Botox: 肉毒杆菌毒素

去做整容除皱就没事了

-Niki: I've been blacking out. Okay, I wake up...and...

black: 变黑

我的记忆丢失了一部分,我醒过来...然后...

things aren't...like they were.

周围就变了

-Tina: Like the time you woke up with a couple of dead thugs in your garage?

thug: 暴徒;恶棍  garage: 车库

就象那次醒来后发现几具尸体 躺在车库里?

If you think you had something to do with that...

你认为是你干的?

-Niki: one of them was torn in half, I mean—

tear: 撕破;撕裂

其中一个被截成两段

-Tina: okay, then obviously it wasn't you.

obviously: 显然地

那明显不是你干的

-Niki: But what if it was? I'm having these...violent dreams.

violent: 暴力的

万一是呢?我经常做这种...充满暴力的梦

I mean, really violent, where I am tearing people apart.

我是说非常暴力,梦到我把人肢解。

But it's not me. It's someone else...in me, with me.

但那不是我,是存在我体内的另一个人,另一个我。

-Tina: You know what I think?

知道我怎么想吗?

-Niki: What?

什么?

-Tina: I think you saw something.

我认为你看到了什么

I think you saw something so horrible that it broke a part of you.

horrible: 可怕的,恐怖的  break: 毁坏;搅乱

看到了一些很可怕的事情,然后让你产生了幻觉

I mean, what happened in that garage—

我指发生在车库里的事

-Micah: Mom? Wanna play scrabble?

scrabble: 一种拼字游戏

妈妈,玩拼字游戏吗?

-Niki: Oh, I do. I really do. But I can't right now.

哦,好啊!我真的很想玩,但现在不行。

-Micah: This is our game night.

但今晚轮到玩游戏了。

-Niki: I know. And I'm sorry.

我知道,我很抱歉。

But why don't you ask Tina? She reads those romance novels.

romance: 浪漫故事,爱情故事  novel: 小说

你叫Tina一起玩吧!她看过很多爱情小说。

I bet she has an excellent vocabulary.

bet: 敢断定,敢说  excellent: 极好的  vocabulary: 词汇量

她的词汇量肯定很大。

-Tina: You know what? I do have an excellent vocabulary.

知道吗?我的确有很大的词汇量。

And those novels are the only romance I'm getting these days.

那些小说是我最近经历的唯一浪漫的东西。

I will take that game, and I will challenge you, little man. You are on.

challenge: 挑战

我来和你这小伙子比赛。来吧

-Micah: Why can't you just work at home, like usual?

usual: 通常的

为什么你不能像以前一样 在家里工作?

-Niki: Because this job is different.

这次工作不一样

-Micah: You've been different.

你变了。

-Niki: I know I have. Come here. I'm so sorry.

我是变了。过来,对不起

It has not been fair to you. But you have been a trouper.

fair: 公平的  trouper: 忠于职守者;做事负责的人

这对你不公平,你一直都很乖

But I have things under control now. And...

control: 控制

我现在能控制局面。还有...

I'm just gonna do this one thing, and it's gonna solve a lot of problems for us.

solve: 解决

办完这件事 其他的问题就都解决了。

Then you won't be able to get rid of me.

那时就别想摆脱我了。

-Micah: Fine, but it's safer over the internet.

internet: 因特网

好吧 但网上工作更安全。

-Niki: What?

什么?

-Micah: I mean...what you do. I mean, in the garage. It's just acting. None of it's for real.

acting: 表演  garage: 车库

我是说... 你在车库里的工作,那只是作戏,不是真的。

they sent a limo.

send: 派遣  limo: 豪华轿车

他们派了辆豪华轿车来。

 

-Eden: Either he's a crap house rat, as in "crazy as." Or...he's one of them.

crap: 蹩脚货,垃圾  rat: 老鼠  crazy: 疯狂的

他要不就是疯子,要不...就是他们中的一员

-Mohinder: All he's really telling me is that he can't do anything, Crap house rat.

但他说了他什么都不会做,应该是疯子

-Eden: Don't you want to at least follow the smoke and see if there's a fire?

follow: 跟随  smoke:   fire:

你难道不想顺藤摸瓜吗?

(to Peter) it was a pleasure to meet you. Good luck with the whole flying thing.

pleasure: 高兴的事,乐事

幸会!祝你飞行成功

-Peter: Thanks.

谢谢

-Mohinder: So...when you're with your brother, you can fly, and when you're with the artist

artist: 艺术家

那么...你哥哥在场时你能飞, 和那个画家一起….

-Peter: Isaac, yeah.

他叫Isaac,是的

Um, I only met him once but after, I...I drew the future.

draw:   once: 一次  future: 未来

我只见过他一次,但之后...我画了未来

-Mohinder: And now you don't do either.

either: 两个中的任意一个

但是现在你两样哪个都做不到?

-Peter: Maybe I can only do things when I'm around other people who can...do things.

或许只有在... 有能力的人在场时我才行。

Did that sound as lame as I think it did?

sound: 听起来  lame: 理由不充足的,站不住脚的

这样很没说服力,对吧?

-Mohinder: It sounds like you should be talking to my father.

我觉得你应该找我父亲谈。

This was his research, not mine.

这是他的研究,不是我的。

-Peter: Where is he? How do I get a hold of him?

他在哪儿? 怎样能找到他?

-Mohinder: He's on the table.

他就在桌子上。

-Peter: I...I'm sorry.

...我很遗憾

But...you believe that this is possible. You have to, I mean...

...你要相信这是可能的 你必须相信...

you believed it this morning. What if I prove it to you?

prove: 证明

你今早还相信的,如果我能证明给你看的话?

-Mohinder: Then prove it.

那就证明给我看

-Peter: We'll go see Nathan. When I'm around him, I can fly.

我们去见Nathan,在他旁边我就能飞

I've done it before, twice.

我成功过,两次

-Mohinder: Fine. Let's go see your brother.

那好,我们去见你哥哥

-Peter: Wait, um...he's in Vegas.

等等,嗯...他在拉斯维加斯

-Mohinder: Of course he is.

当然了。

-Peter: Then...I'll take you to Isaac's.

那么...我带你去见Isaac

But it's...it's complicated.

complicated: 复杂的

但有点...事情有些复杂

-Mohinder: Complicated how?

有多复杂?

 

 

-Simone: Isaac.

Isaac

-Isaac: Paintings are by the door.

画放在门旁边了。

-Simone: I thought I was buying the new pieces.

我以为我是来买新作的。

-Isaac: I need the new pieces.

我需要新作品。

-Simone: Because they tell you what's gonna happen in the future?

因为那些告诉你未来发生的事?

-Isaac: How much for the old paintings?

旧作能卖多少钱?

-Simone: To tell you the truth, Isaac, I don't know if I could sell those.

truth: 事实

说实话,Isaac 我不确定我能卖掉它们。

-Isaac: So you only like the ones I painted when I was high. Interesting.

paint: 绘画  high: 兴高采烈的;兴奋的

你只要我兴奋时画的作品?有趣

You won't give me an advance?

advance: 预支

不能预支吗?

-Simone: That depends on what you're gonna do with the money.

那要看你怎么花这些钱了

-Isaac: I need painting supplies.

supply: 供给;补给品

我需要绘画材料

-Simone: I take you're not talking about oils and canvas?

oil: 油画颜料  canvas: 油画布

我猜你要的不是颜料和画布。

-Isaac: It was raining last night. What'd you do, Simone? in the rain?

昨晚下大雨,那时你在做什么,Simone?在雨中?

-Simone: You followed me?

follow: 跟踪

你跟踪我?

-Isaac: I drew this seven weeks ago.

这是我7周前画的。

I drew him there...and here, before I'd ever met the guy.

在遇见他之前,我就在这里还有那里都画了他

Are you in love with him? Looks like you're in love with him.

你爱他吗?看上去是的

-Simone: I don't know how I feel about him.

feel: 感觉

我不知道我对他是什么感觉

And I don't know how I feel about you.

也不知道对你是什么感觉

-Isaac: So here we are, not knowing how we feel about each other.

我们都不知道对对方的感觉

And this entire city's gonna go...Unless I stop it.

entire: 整个的  unless: 除非

然后这整个城市就...嘣!除非由我来阻止这一切

-Simone: You think you can save us all by shooting up?

save: 拯救 

你认为你的出现就能拯救我们?

-Isaac: I can save everybody. I'm gonna be a hero.

hero: 英雄

我能拯救所有人,我会成为英雄。

 

-Clair: Look, you can't say anything. I'm fine.

听着,你不能说出去 我没事

-Zach: He was drunk. It was an accident.

drunk: 醉了的  accident: 意外

他醉了,那是场意外。

Which part was an accident-- the rape or the murder?

rape: 强奸  murder: 谋杀

哪方面是意外?强奸还是谋杀?

-Clair: It didn't happen.

没那回事。

-Zach: Yeah, because he killed you before he had the chance.

chance: 机会

没错,他还没来得及强奸你 就杀了你

-Clair: I'm alive!

alive: 活着的

我还活着!

-Zach: Yeah, now, but you were on the autopsy table.

autopsy: 验尸,尸体解剖

现在是 刚才你可还在解剖台上呢。

Look, you said you had a hole in your head.

hole:

你说你的头破了个洞

Okay, maybe when they pulled out whatever was in there, it's when you, like, rebooted or whatever.

whatever: 不论什么  reboot: [计算机]重新启动

或许他们拔出那东西后 你就,好像重新启动了

-Clair: I'm not a hard drive.

drive: 驱动器

我可不是硬盘!

-Zach: No, you're little Miss miracle grow.

miracle: 奇迹  grow: 增加;增长

没错,你是连发奇迹小姐

-Clair: Don't ever call me that again.

别这样叫我

-Zach: You've gotta tell somebody about Brody.

gotta=have got to: 必须

你必须揭发Brody

-Clair: No, I don't!

不行!

And even if I wanted to, which I don't, I don't have a mark on me.

mark: 标记;痕迹

就算我想 我身上没一点痕迹能证明。

-Zach: But you know what happened. And he knows what happened.

但你知道事情真相,他也知道

-Clair: All he knows is that he was drunk, and I'm not dead.

他只知道 他醉了,我也没死。

-Schoolmate: What happened to you last night?

昨晚发生了什么事?

-Clair: I was hoping you'd tell me. I had way too much to drink.

way: 非常,远远地;过于

我还指望你来告诉我呢!我当时喝多了

-Brody: I--I gotta go to the bathroom.

bathroom: 卫生间

我要去洗手间

-Schoolmate: Must have a bladder the size of a pea, 'cause he just went.

bladder: 膀胱  size: 大小,尺寸  pea: 豌豆  ‘cause: <美口>because: 因为

膀胱够小的,他刚去过的。

 

-Someone: all right, here we go.

好了,开始吧

-Ando: full house. I win again! Thank you.

我又赢了!谢谢

-Nathan’s assistant: You're meeting Miss Sakamoto tomorrow at 11 A.M.

明天11点会见坂本小姐。

-Nathan: No Linderman?

不是Linderman

-Nathan’s assistant: Uh, he's, quote, "otherwise occupied.

quote: 引述,复述  otherwise: 另外,在其他方面  occupied: 忙的  occupy: 占用(时间、空间等)

呃,他说他很忙。

-Nathan: Occupied? What is he, a porta-potty?

porta-potty: 流动厕所  porta=portable: 轻便的,可移动的  potty: 便盆;尿壶

很忙...他以为他是什么东西?

Don't let Sakamoto geisha you. Get him in the room.

geisha: <日本>艺妓

别被坂本迷惑了,让他出席。

-Nathan’s assistant: Okay, I will.

好的,我会的。

-Niki: Oh, my god. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, my fault.

fault: 过失

哦,天哪!我很抱歉!非常抱歉,是我的错

-Nathan: Are you all right?

你没事吧?

-Niki: Yeah, so much for Celine Dion

不过我的Celine Dion看上去可不怎么好

-Nathan: Just the one ticket?

只有一张票?

-Niki: Yeah. I'm, um...here for a conference, and...

conference: 会议

是啊,我...我是来开会的,嗯...

I don't really like the people that I work with, so...

我不喜欢我的同事,所以...

-Nathan: so you're traveling alone, is that it?

travel: 旅行  alone: 单独地

所以你是一个人,是吗?

 

-Peter: I've only met him the once, but...

我只见过他一次,但...

maybe I ought to do the talking to start with.

我是不是应该先介绍他一下

He's, heh, he's kind of a heroin addict.

heroin: 海洛因  addict: 上瘾者

他,他好像是个瘾君子

-Mohinder: Heroin addict? You neglected to mention that.

neglect: 忽略;疏忽  mention: 提到;提及

瘾君子?你可没提到这个。

-Peter: Hey, just suspend the skepticism, at least until you meet him.

suspend: 使搁置,使悬而不决  skepticism: 怀疑态度;怀疑论  until: 直到

嘿,至少在见到他之前 先别质疑他的为人

-Mohinder: The default scientific position is skepticism.

default: 假设值;默认(值)  scientific: 科学的  position: 位置;状态

科学理论的前提就是质疑

-Peter: Your father managed to get around it.

manage: 设法做到

这点上你父亲做的就很好

I don't know, he took a pretty big leap, gotta respect that.

pretty: 相当地  leap: 跳跃;进步  respect: 尊重

我不知道 他取得了很大的突破,值得尊敬

-Mohinder: I did more than respect it. I believed him. I had to. I was his son.

不仅如此,我还相信了他。我必须相信他 因为我是他儿子

-Peter: Can't be only one reason why you believed him.

一定还有其他理由让你相信他。

-Mohinder: Look at what's happening to our planet.

planet: 星球

看看这世界

overpopulation, global warming, drought, famine, terrorism.

overpopulation: 人口过剩  global: 全球的  drought: 干旱  famine: 饥荒 

terrorism: 恐怖主义

人口泛滥,全球温室效应 干旱,饥荒,恐怖主义

Deep down, we all sense something's not right.

deep: 深的  sense: 感觉

我们都隐约感觉到这中间的问题。

My father always talked about how an entire species will go extinct,

species: 物种;种类  extinct: 灭绝的

父亲经常提起一个物种灭绝的过程

While others, no more unique or complex, will change and adapt in extraordinary ways.

unique: 独特的,独一无二的  complex: 复杂的  adapt: 使适应 

extraordinary: 特别的,非凡的

而相类似的物种会 发生相应的改变来适应周遭环境

He had a romantic take on evolution.

romantic: 浪漫的  take: [口语]见解,看法  evolution: 进化

他对进化有种浪漫的想法.

-Peter: And you don't? You're both geneticists.

geneticist: 基因学家

你没有?你们都是基因学家。

-Mohinder: That is also evolution. We're all just variations of the last model.

variation: 变种;变异  model: 模型,原型

那也是进化,我们都是物种的变种。

-Peter: Yeah, cheap knockoffs of our fathers.

cheap: 廉价的  knockoff: [美国俚语](尤指贵重物品的)复制品,仿制品

是啊,都是我们先辈的仿制品。

 

(Isaac’s Apartment)

 apartment: 公寓

-Peter: Isaac. Hey, it's peter Petrelli.

Isaac我是Peter Petrelli

I'm a friend of Simone's. Isaac? Isaac.

Simone的朋友,IsaacIsaac

 

-Clair: Oh, hi, Lori.

哦,嘿,Lori

-Lori: Hey, I saw you go off with Brody Mitchum last night at the bonfire.

bonfire: 篝火;营火

,昨晚篝火会上 我见你和Brody一起离开

-Clair: So?

那又怎么样呢?

-Lori: So...what happened?

发生了什么事没?

-Clair: Nothing, nothing happened.

没什么啊!什么都没发生

-Lori: I went off with Brody Mitchum once. Nothing" happened to me too.

我和Brody也这么做过,什么都没发生

 

-Hiro: (in Japanese) all of this is wrong.

一切都太不应该了

We shouldn't be using my powers for personal gain.

power: 力量,能力  personal: 个人的;私人的  gain: 获益,利益

我的能力不是为你牟利的

we're supposed to be saving the world.

我们应该拯救世界。

-Ando: (in Japanese) we will. But there's no law against looking good while we do it, is there?

 law: 法律 

我们会的,法律上没说我们不能穿漂亮点去啊

You said you wanted a costume, now you have one

costume: 服装

你不是想要服装吗?  现在你有了

(in English) You make a big mistake!

你大错特错了