分享到:
启德教育

Season 1, Episode 6: Hiros

 

[CHEAPER SIX BETTER HALVES]

HALVES: , 一半

第六章:更好的另一半

 

-Suresh: Evolution is an imperfect and often violent process.

evolution: 进化  imperfect: 不完美的;有缺陷的  violent: 暴力的  process: 过程

进化并非完美无缺 有时甚至是个暴力的进程

A battle between what exists and what is yet to be born.

battle: 斗争,战争  exist: 存在  born: 诞生的,出生的

在现存的和将要诞生的物种之间 斗争总是不可避免

In the midst of these birth pains, morality loses its meaning.

midst: 中间  birth: 出生,产生  pain: 痛苦  morality: 道德

在痛苦的进化过程中道德也会变得毫无意义

The question of good and evil reduced to one simple choice: survive or perish.

evil: 邪恶  reduce: 概括[简化]  survive: 生存,幸存  perish: 丧生;消亡;死亡

善与恶的问题最终简化成一个选择生存还是毁灭

-Isaac: We have to save her.

我们一定要救她

 

[telephone ringing]

[Isaac Mendez& Peter Petrelli] [纽约市]

 

Ignore it. It's a wrong number.

ignore: 不管,不理

别管它,是打错电话的

Some Japanese guy keeps calling, leaving messages.

guy: (男)人,家伙

有个日本人总是打电话,留口信

-Hiro: Hello?

喂?

Mr. Isaac? Isaac Mendez?

Isaac先生?IsaacMendez吗?

-Peter: Who is this?

你是谁?

 

[中村弘&安东] [拉斯维加斯]

 

-Hiro: Uh...my name is Hiro Nakamura.

...我叫中村弘

-Peter: My name is Peter Petrelli.

我叫Peter Petrelli

I have a message for you.

message: 口信

我有消息要告诉你

-Hiro: What did he say?

他说什么?

-Ando: He has a message for you

他有消息要告诉你

-Hiro: What message

什么消息?

-Ando: What message

什么消息?

-Peter: Save the cheerleader; save the world

save: 拯救  cheerleader: 拉拉队队长

拯救拉拉队长,拯救世界

Save the cheerleader; save the world

拯救拉拉队长,拯救世界

-Hiro: Cheerleader

拉拉队长?

-Ando: What cheerleader? Where?

什么拉拉队长,在哪儿?

-Peter: What cheerleader? Where?

什么拉拉队长,在哪儿?

-Isaac: I don't know where she is.

我也不知道她在哪儿

-Peter: Yeah, but you painted these.

paint: 绘画

你不是都画出来了吗?

-Isaac: So did you.

你不是也画了吗?

-Peter: We don't know who she is. We don't know where she is.

我们不知道她是谁 也不知道她在哪儿

We just know that we need to save her.

我们只是知道要去救她

-Isaac: Tell him about the guy from the future.

告诉他那个来自未来的人

-Peter: He is the guy from the future.

他就是那个来自未来的人

A Hiro Nakamura from the future,

有个来自未来,自称叫中村弘的人

who speaks English and carries a sword stopped time to tell me that I have to save the cheerleader.

sword:

讲英语,身佩宝剑他停止住了时间然后告诉我我要去救那个拉拉队长

That's--that's all I know.

我就,我就知道这些

-Ando: You came from the future and...

你从未来赶来

told them to save the cheerleader.

告诉他要去救那个拉拉队长

And you had a sword

据说你还带着一把剑

-Hiro: I had a sword

我带着剑?

-Peter: Get to New York.

快来纽约吧

We'll find out where the cheerleader is.

我们会找到那个拉拉队长的

-Hiro: I had a sword

我还带着剑

-Isaac: Grab that side.

grab:

抓住那边

We must be missing something.

miss: 漏掉,错过

我们可能漏掉了什么

Some sign of where they are.

sign: 征兆,迹象

表明他们所在位置的信息

See, these paintings, they fit together like pages in a comic book

painting: 油画  fit: 安装  page: 页;张.  comic: 漫画

看这些画,它们放在一起很搭就像是一本漫画书

 

[coughing]

cough: 咳嗽

-Peter: There's a panel missing.

 panel: 油画板上的画;板面油画  missing: 消失的

少了一幅

What was right there?

那儿是什么?

-Isaac: Nothing.

什么也没有

This is everything I painted last night.

我昨晚画的都在这里

But there's a piece about that size.

piece:   size: 尺寸,大笑

但有一幅和那块尺寸差不多的

I painted it weeks ago.

是我几个星期之前画的

Simone has it.

不过在Simone那里

-Peter: Simone.

Simone

She took a bunch of my paintings to sell.

她拿了几幅画去卖

It's with them.

那就是其中一幅

-Peter: What was it of?

上面画了什么?

-Isaac: I don't remember. I was high.

high: (被毒品)麻醉了的,兴奋的

我不记得了,我当时正亢奋呢

-Peter: Then we need to get it back.

我们要把它拿回来

-Isaac: Tell her a guy from the future said you needed it.

告诉她一个来自未来的家伙告诉你 你需要它?

I'm sure she'll love that.

她听了肯定会很高兴

-Ms Bennett: DeeDee wants to breed Mr. Muggles with her poodle.

 breed: 使(动物)交配  poodle: 卷毛小狗

迪迪想把她的狮子狗和Muggles先生交配

Ugh! A poodle, for God's sake

 sake: 缘故

啊,一个狮子狗,天啊。

[Claire& Sandra.本奈特] [敖德萨,德克萨斯州]

They call it a Pomapoo or a Pomeranian.

pomapoo: 【狗】[a breed of dog a pomeranian and poodlefrom Urban Dictionary]  Pomeranian: 波美拉尼亚犬,松鼠犬

哦!狮子狗,我的天啊!

Mr. Muggles doesn't want anything to do...

它们的后代好像叫“波拿普” 或者是“波利尼”

[Claire's fingers sizzling]

 finger: 手指  sizzle: 咝咝地响;烧灼

不过Muggles先生好像不太喜欢

with a breed that has "poo" in its name.

poo: 拉大便

名字里带“波”字的小狗

 [baby voice]

 "No, I don't," says Mr. Muggles.

Muggles先生说:“不,我可不想!”

Whew! Honey, I think we left those cupcakes in too long.

whew: 哎呀!唷!  honey: 宝贝  cupcake: [](波纹)纸托蛋糕

噢!亲爱的 我们的蛋糕好像烤得时间太长了

Smells like something's burning

smell: 嗅;闻  burn: 燃烧  burning: 燃烧的,烧着的

闻起来好像烤焦了一样

-Claire: They look okay.

没事,看上去挺好的

-Ms Bennett: I thought Mr. Muggles doesn't like poodles, anyway.

anyway: 不管怎样

Muggles先生肯定也不喜欢狮子狗

Not after what happened at the dog

park: 公园.

至少爱犬公园那事之后肯定是不喜欢

I thought that big dog was gonna chew your hand off.

gonna=going to: 将会  chew:

我还以为那只大狗要把你的手咬掉呢

Which would’ve put an end to your cheerleading career

cheerleading: 带领拉拉队  career: 生涯,职业

那可能会葬送你的拉拉队长的工作

-Claire: It looked worse than it was.

没有看起来那么严重

And my cheerleading career is scissor-kicking off the field as we speak.

scissor-kick: 剪步踢

再说拉拉队长的工作也只不过是 在比赛场地边上做些剪式踢腿的动作罢了

At least I'm playing my part in the bake sale.

part: 本分,职责  bake: ,   sale: 出售, 销售

至少现在我还能为烤蛋糕尽份力

Cupcake

cupcake: 杯形蛋糕

来块蛋糕吗?

Only a dollar for a very good cause

cause: 原因, 起因

只要一美元,很合算的哦

-Bennett: Not right now, Claire Bear.

我现在不想要,Claire

-Ms Bennett: You've been on the phone for an hour.

你已经打了一个小时的电话

Who you been talking to?

跟谁聊呢?

Yeah, about that

是,是关于...

-Bennett: You know how you've been wanting to meet your biological parents?

biological: 生物学的

你不是很想见你的亲生父母吗?

-Claire: Yeah?

什么?

-Bennett: I just got off the phone with them.

我刚跟他们通完电话

Turns out they want to meet you too, tomorrow.

他们也很想见你,就在明天

-Ms Bennett: Wait just a minute.

稍等

What about school?

那学校怎么办?

We can't just drop everything for these people.

我们不能什么事都迁就他们吧?

Who do they think they are?

他们以为自己是谁啊?

-Bennett: I didn't say yes. Nobody's dropping anything.

drop: 放下

我也没有马上答应  否则没有什么迁就不迁就的

Unless Claire wants us to

除非Claire要求

This doesn't have to happen now.

不是说一定要现在见面

You don't have to do this.

你不必这么做

Not unless... you're absolutely ready.

unless: 除非  absolutely: 完全地

除非 你已经完全准备好了

-Claire: I'm ready.

我准备好了

 

[gasps]

gasp: 喘气

[MicahNiki•桑德斯] [拉斯维加斯]

[faint chatter over police radio]

faint: 微弱的  chatter: 喋喋不休, 唠叨

 

-DL: You look beautiful, Nik.

你真美,Nik

-Niki: D.L.

D.L.

How the hell did you get in here?

hell: 地狱

你怎么进来的?

 

[whispering]

 whisper: 低声说

 

The police are right outside.

警察就在外面

If I scream, they will be in here in two seconds.

 scream: 尖叫

如果我呼救的话 他们马上就能冲进来

-DL: Then I hope you don't scream

那就别呼救

You're not wearing your wedding ring.

wedding: 结婚,婚礼  ring: 戒指

你没带结婚戒指

-Niki: I think that you better leave.

你最好还是走吧

You being here

你不该来的

Come on, that's not a good idea.

这可不是好主意

Micah doesn't need this.

Micah也不需要这个

-DL: Micah needs his father.

Micah需要他的父亲

And I need my wife.

我也需要我的妻子

This is still my home.

这里也还是我的家

 

[knocking on door]

 

I'm not going anywhere.

我哪儿也不去

You can either believe me or not.

信不信我由你

I'm going to check on our boy.

我要去看看我们的孩子

-Deputy: Open the door, ma'am.

ma'am : (对妇女的尊称)夫人

开门,夫人

-DL: I'll let you get the door.

你去开门

-Deputy: Ma'am, please open the door.

夫人,请开门

Ma'am, we thought we heard something inside the house.

inside: 在或到里面

夫人,我们好像听到屋里有声音

Is everything all right?

没事吧?

-Niki: I was, uh...

我,嗯...

I was just talking with my son.

我在和我儿子说话

-Deputy: Well, if you need anything, we'll be out here till tomorrow morning, okay?

那好,有什么需要就叫我们 我们会一直呆到明天早上的,好吗?

Is something wrong?

怎么了?

If you want us to come inside, just nod your head.

nod: 点头

如果你需要我们进去 点一下头就行

-Niki: I'm fine.

我没事

You know, God, it's just been a really long night.

只是,这漫漫长夜实在是难熬

-Deputy: Then we'll let you get back to bed, okay?

那你就快点回去睡觉吧

Just remember, we're here if you need us.

记着,如果需要帮助 我们就在这儿

-Niki: Thank you.

谢谢

-Deputy: You're welcome.

不客气

Good night. Good night.

晚安

-Niki: Okay.

好了

So tell me what happened.

告诉我到底怎么回事

-DL: I planned the job--

plan: 计划  plan: 犯罪行为(尤指偷盗);损人的事

我策划了个行动

-Niki: I know that you planned the job.

这我知道

Baby, it's gonna solve all out problems.

 solve: 解决

“宝贝儿,这次完事就一劳永逸了”

-DL: It was $2 million.

200万美金啊

Enough to get us out of Vegas

足够让我们离开拉斯维加斯了

-Niki: The money that you stole from Linderman.

stole: steal的过去式,偷窃

但那是从Linderman那偷的钱

-DL: And if we ran with Linderman's money,

如果我们拿着Linderman的钱跑了

he wouldn't just kill me.

他不仅会杀了我

He'd kill you, Micah.

他还会杀了你和Micah

So I stepped out.

step: 步行,行走

所以我就退出了

Only someone stepped in after me.

然后有人又插手进来

Someone who knew the plan someone who killed my crew

crew: 一队(或一班、一组)工作人员

那人知道我的计划,还杀了我的手下

-Niki: Oh, and they just made off with all the money?

哦,然后他们卷走了所有的钱?

You have no idea who that is.

你也不知道这个人是谁

-DL: I know it was a woman.

我只知道是个女人

-Niki: A woman

一个女人?

-DL: There's a guy in North Vegas, cleans money.

clean: 弄干净

在拉斯维加斯北边,有个人专门替人洗钱

Heard he just cleaned somebody $2 million,

听说最近他刚替人洗了200万美金

so I'm gonna pay him a visit tomorrow

所以我决定明天去找他

and see if I can't squeeze a name out of him.

squeeze: 巧取,设法得到

看看能不能问出到底那人是谁

Baby...

宝贝儿...

Baby, don't worry.

宝贝儿,别担心

-Claire: How am I supposed to ask someone if they're a freak when they're probably just gonna lie about it like I do?

 freak: 怪人  probably: 也许,大概  lie: 说谎

如果他们像我一样撒谎 问他们是否具有超能力又有什么意义呢?

-Zack: Why don't you just ask them what happens when they cut themselves?

你为何不问问他们如果他们割伤自己会怎么样?

Or you could just cut them and find out.

或者你把他们割伤看看会怎么样

-Claire: Uh-huh.

Probably just think I was all bitter-because they gave me away.

bitter: 充满仇恨的,使人痛苦的

他们会认为我这么粗暴 是因为他们抛弃了我

-Zack: You're a little bitchy sometimes, but I don't think you're all that bitter.

bitchy: 恶毒的 

你有时候是有点恶毒 但你并不粗暴

About the adoption thing, I mean.

adoption: 收养

我只是说收养这件事

-Claire: I'm not.

我不是

I mean, I'm curious about it.

curious: 好奇的

我是说,对这事我很好奇

And it's a little weird and maybe a little sad, but I'm not mad.

weird: 古怪的  sad: 悲哀的  mad: 恼火的

这有点奇怪,也许有点悲凉但是我并不生气

I mean, I love my parents.

我是说,我爱我的父母

-Zack: What if your biological parents raised you, though?

biological: 生物学的  raise: 抚养  though: 不过,可是

如果你亲生父母养大你又会怎样呢?

It'd be an entirely different scenario.

entirely: 完全地  scenario: 事态,局面

那肯定会和现在完全不一样

-Claire: What if they can do what I can do?

如果他们和我拥有相同的超能力呢?

What if they're like me?

like: , 一样

如果他们和我一样呢?

-Zack: Well, I hope they're not.

我希望他们不是

No offense, but I like--

offense: 冒犯

恕我冒犯,但我喜欢…

I like that you're the freak.

喜欢你有超能力

-It makes you more... special or whatever.

special: 特别的

那让你更…更特别

-Claire: Are you flirting with me?

flirt: 挑逗

你在挑逗我?

-Zack: No believe me, no

没有啦,相信我

Um, look, do you plan on coming out to your parents? I mean, the ones who raised you?

你有没有打算告诉你父母?我是说你养父母

 

[chuckles]

 chuckle: 低声笑

 

-Claire: No.

没有啦

My dad would unspool.

unspool: 【伤脑筋】[To lose one's mind as a result of a major emotional shockfrom Urban Dictionary]

我爸爸会伤脑筋的

He's a really simple guy.

他的思维很简单

-He'd never be able to wrap his mind around something like that.

wrap: 缠绕,环绕  mind: 思想,想法

他是个直肠子没那么多弯弯绕

It would break him.

break: 挫败, 压倒, 削弱

那会让他伤心的

 

[sing-song voice]

 

-Zack: He's gonna find out.

他早晚会发现的

 

[Hiro imitating sword fighting]

imitate: 模仿  sword:   fight: 战斗

-Ando: What happens if we get to New York and it explodes?

explode: 爆炸

到了纽约,要是那儿爆炸了怎么办?

-Hiro: If I get to New York it won't explode that's the idea, it's the heroic journey

heroic: 英雄的  journey: 旅行

如果我到了纽约,就不会爆炸了 所以这才是英雄之旅啊

-Ando: It's your heroic journey

这是你的英雄之旅吧

-Hiro: It's our heroic journey

不是,是我们的英雄之旅

You don't have to have superpowers to be a hero

superpower: 超能力  hero: 英雄

即使没有超能力,也一样能够成为英雄

-Ando: So why didn't "future you" come to see us why did he go to some Peter guy in New York that we have never met?

 future: 未来的,将来的 

为什么“未来的你”不来见我们呢?为什么他会去见那个素不相识的 在纽约的Peter呢?

-Hiro: "future me" was afraid of causing a rift in the space-time continuum

cause: 引起,导致  rift: 裂缝  continuum: 连续性,连续体

“未来的我”不想弄出个空间断裂带来吧

-Ando: You are talking out of your ass you don’t know how any of this works

ass: 屁股  work: 运作, 运转

瞎说什么呢你也不知道究竟怎么回事吧

-Hiro: I know exactly how this...

exactly: 确切地,准确地

我当然知道的...

stop!

快停车!

-Ando: It is the high roller you cheated

roller: 【大富豪】[a person in charge of a rolling millfrom Dictionary.com]  cheat: 作弊,欺诈

那是你诈的那个大豪客

-Hiro: I cheated?

我诈的?

-Ando: ha ya ku quick! teleport us somewhere

teleport: 心灵传动,瞬间移动

快点 快点,快点,快把我们传送到别的地方去

-Roller: It's okay. I just want to talk to you.

没事的,我只想和你们谈谈

-Ando: I told you. We no cheat.

我告诉你了,我们没作弊

Japanese people very lucky

日本人总是运气好

-Roller: I know you cheated.

我知道你们作弊了

I just don't know how.

只是不知道怎样做到的

Now it's time for a little payback.

payback: 偿还

现在是你们还债的时候了

-Hiro: Huh?

嗯?

-Ms. Bennett: Claire, honey, your guests are here.

guest: 客人

Claire,亲爱的,客人们来了

-Lisa: Hi, I'm Lisa.

,我是Lisa

Hi.

Nice to meet you Sandra

很高兴见到你  Sandra

-Hank: Nice to meet you. Hi, I'm Hank.

很高兴见到你 我是Hank

-Bennett: Hi, Hank. Sandra.

 ,Hank - Sandra

Nice to meet you

很高兴见到你

-Zack: You sure you don't want me to shove 'em into something on the way out? Ha ha.

shove: 推,猛推

你真的不需要我 帮你看看他们是不是有超能力? 哈哈

-D.L: So how are we gonna do this?

我们怎样做?

-Niki: We don't.

什么都不做

-D.L: You're couching me?

couch: 使躺下

你让我睡沙发?

-Niki: What do you think, D.L.?

你说呢,D.L.

You think you can just strut back in here like nothing's ever happened?

strut: 趾高气扬地走

你以为你能这样大摇大摆地回来 就像什么都没发生过?

Do you have any idea

你知不知道

what I've been through the last six months?

过去六个月我是怎样熬过来的?

-D.L: No.

不知道

-Niki: No, you don't.

你当然不知道

-D.L: I didn't want to leave you.

我不想离开你

-Niki: But you did. It was going fine.

但你还是离开了 本来一切都很好

We were making it

make: ,

我们也在赚钱

-D.L: Oh, 30 grand a year doing construction.

grand: 一千美元  construction: 建筑业

哦,做建筑工程那一年3万块钱?

-Niki: That wasn't enough for you?

你觉得还不够花吗?

-D.L: No, Nik, it wasn't enough for me-because that business doesn't fly when you have a family.

business: 生意  fly: 具有说服力,令人信服

不够,Niki 对一个家庭来说远远不够

-Niki: When you left, I became another person.

你离开以后,我就变了

-D.L: I don't care that you took off your clothes on the Internet.

care: 在乎,介意  internet: 因特网

我不在乎你在网上搞色情服务

I'm not mad about it.

mad: 生气的

我不生气

Look, you did what you had to do.

当时你只能这么做

-Niki: Look, you can stay here tonight.

你今晚可以待在这

But you need to leave in the morning.

但是明早必须要走

-D.L: If that's what you want.

如果你真想要我走的话

-Niki: Come to bed

到床上去睡吧

-Hiro: We’ve won enough.

我们已经赢的够多的了

We need to leave, our mission awaits

mission: 任务  await: (人、事物)等待着

我们得走了,还有任务呢

-Ando: We still owe him more; we can’t leave yet

owe:

我们还欠他们好些钱呢 走不了的

Give them good cards, but not too good

card: 纸牌

给他们点好牌,但是也别太好了

-man: Hey, Japanese guy, you in or not

日本人,到底玩不玩?

-Ando: I'm in.

来了

-Ernie: So what's your system, huh, pal?

system: 方法, 做法  pal: [口语]伙伴

你有什么本事,老兄?

Some ancient Oriental voodoo

ancient: 古代的  oriental: 东方的  voodoo: 巫术

东方古代巫术?

-Ando: No system. Japanese people very lucky

没什么,只是日本人的运气比较好

-Ernie: Japanese people better run out of luck soon.

luck: 运气

那最好你们的好运气马上就没了

I'm starting to think I'm getting hustled.

hustle: 欺骗

因为我开始觉得被骗了

-Roller: Easy, Ernie

冷静点,Ernie

It's a friendly game. No one's getting hustled.

friendly: 友谊的  game: 赌博

这是友谊赛,没人使诈

-Ando: No hustle. Only good fortune.

fortune: 运气

不使诈,只靠运气

-Ernie: Well, let's go.

开始吧

I'm in for $400.

我押400美元

-Ando: I will bet...$1,000.

bet: 押注

我押1000美元

-Hiro: Sorry. Beg pardon.

beg: 请求  pardon: 宽恕, 原谅

不好意思

-Ando: We must use bathroom.

bathroom: 卫生间

我们得去趟洗手间

-Man: Now

现在?

We're in the middle of a hand.

hand: 牌戏的一盘

我们玩到一半了

-Ando: Sorry. Must go now

不好意思,现在必须去

Too much beer

beer: 啤酒

喝太多啤酒了

-Ernie: You guys go to the bathroom together?

你们俩要一起去?

Yes. It is how we roll.

roll: 进行,开始行动

是的,我们就这样

-Hiro: I donot need to pee

pee: 小便;撒尿

我不想小便啊

-Ando: they are going to kill us

他们要杀了我们

-Hiro: what?

你在说什么啊?

-Ando: The man with the scary face has a gun under table point at me

scary: 吓人的  gun:  

那个脸很吓人的男的 桌子下面用枪指着我呢

-Hiro: A gun?

枪?

What should we do?

我们该怎么办?

-Ando: We? NO. You you need to get us out of here now

我们?应该是你 你得快点带我们离开这里

-Hiro: what is that?

什么声音?

-Ando: what are you doing?

你在干什么?

-Hiro: I need to stop it

我要阻止它

I could not save them

我没能救他们

I just hid in here

hid: hide的过去式,隐藏

我只是藏在这里

A hero does not hide

英雄是不会藏头缩尾的

-Ando: He does if wants to live

如果英雄想活下去的话,他会的

We need to get out of here before whoever did this comes back

whoever: 无论谁

我们还是在做这事的人回来之前 快点离开这里吧

ha ya ku

快点

-DL: Your hair is getting so long.

你头发真长啊

-Niki: It's a mess.

mess: 混乱

很乱

-DL: I like it.

我喜欢这样

Reminds me of when we first met.

让我想起了我们第一次见面的时候

 

[exhales]

exhale: 呼(气)

 

-Niki: God, we were kids.

kid: 小孩

天啊,我们那时还是孩子

-DL: It was fly.

时间过得真快

 

[laughter]

laughter: 笑声

 

Oh, you should get some sleep.

你得睡点觉

You didn't get much last night.

你昨夜没睡多久

-Niki: I slept as much as you did.

我和你睡得一样多

-DL: Uh-uh. I heard you getting up.

我听见你起来了

Trying to be all quiet

想尽量不发出声音

-Niki: I did?

我有吗?

When?

什么时候?

-DL: What's wrong, baby?

怎么了,宝贝?

-Niki: Um...

嗯…

-Micah: Dad?

爸爸?

 

[laughs]

 

-DL: Oh! I missed you.

miss: 想念

我太想你了

-Micah: I missed you, too.

我也想你

 

[摩西德&Eden] [布鲁克林]

 

- Eden: I guess the flying Petrelli didn't fly.

我猜那个飞人Petrelli 根本不会飞翔

-Suresh: We were on the train together,

我们当时一起在地铁里

Then suddenly he started carrying on about a mysterious traveler who stopped time and told him to save a cheerleader.

suddenly: 突然  mysterious: 神秘的  traveler: 旅客  save: 拯救 

突然他就举止失常说什么 一个神秘的旅客把时间停止告诉他去救一个拉拉队长

It was all very fascinating.

fascinating: 迷人的

一切都太神奇了

I should write a paper on the experience.

paper: 论文  experience: 经历

我应该为这次经历写篇文章

-Eden: Maybe you provoked him with sarcasm.

provoke: 惹怒  sarcasm: 讽刺

也许是你的挖苦刺激了他

-Suresh: I Peter Petrelli went from steady as a clam

steady: 平稳的,冷静的  clam: 沉默寡言的人

Peter Petrelli一眨眼的时间

to, as you say, crap-house rat in a blink.

crap: 废话  rat: 老鼠  blink: 眨眼

就由稳若泰山变的疯狂无比

No provocation whatsoever.

provocation: 激怒  whatsoever: 无论什么

反正我没有刺激他

- Eden: Except maybe from a time traveler

也许是受了那个时空穿梭者的刺激吧

-Suresh: You'd like that, wouldn't you?

你喜欢那样,是吧?

- Eden: Yeah, well, so would you.

是啊,你也一样吧

-Suresh: Did I tell you that the man who paints the future is a heroin addict?

heroin: 海洛因  addict: 瘾的人

我有没有告诉你 那个能画未来的人是瘾君子?

- Eden: Did you see any of the paintings?

painting: 油画

你见过那些画吗?

-Suresh: I didn't see him.

我没见过他

After what I witnessed on the train,

witness: 目击

在目睹了地铁上发生的事情之后

I doubt he even exists.

doubt: 怀疑  exist: 存在

我都怀疑他是否真的存在

-Eden: Now what?

现在怎么办?

You just take Papa Suresh back to India? Just get on a plane and that's it.

plane: 飞机

打算坐上飞机 带你爸爸的骨灰回印度?

-Suresh: Yes, that's exactly it.

exactly: 准确地,确切地

确实是这样

- Eden: And what about Mohinder?

Mohinder怎么办?

-Suresh: We were no good for each other anyway.

anyway: 总之,无论如何

总之我们在一块没什么好处

Thank you, Eden.

谢谢你,Eden

For all that you've done. For both me and my father.

谢谢你对我和我父亲做的一切

- Eden: You're welcome.

不用谢

You know, you can go back and scatter those ashes, but you're always gonna wonder if maybe there was something to what your father was doing if you just looked again.

scatter:   ash: 骨灰  wonder: 想知道

你可以回去撒掉那些骨灰 但是如果你回头看看 就总想知道 你父亲的研究是不是和什么有关联

-Suresh: Will I?

是吗?

- Eden: Oh, yeah.

是啊

You're not done here.

你在这的使命还没完成呢

That's why I'm not even gonna say good-bye.

所以我不会和你说再见的

-Suresh: Good-bye, Eden.

再见,Eden

-Eden: See you later.

一会见

-Like I said... see you later.

就像我说的...一会见

-D.L.: You're still reading these, huh?

你还在看这些东西?

Remember all those comics my granddad used to have.

granddad: 爷爷

让我想起我爷爷以前的那些漫画

Tales From the Crypt.

tale: 故事,传说  crypt: 【魔界】[Place for the deadfrom Urban Dictionary]

《魔界奇谭》

Vault of Doom

vault: 墓穴  doom: 毁灭,灾难

《毁灭之屋》

Ooh! 9th Wonders!

wonders: 奇迹

哦!《第9奇迹》

Told you not to read them, but you had to do it anyway.

告诉过你不要看这个 可你还是看

Scared you silly

scared: 害怕的  silly: [口语]笨蛋,傻瓜

可怕的小傻瓜

[deep growl]

growl: 咆哮;发低沉的怒声

I am Luru the Invincible!

invincible: 不可战胜的

我是Luru,无敌战士!

[laughter]

laughter: 笑声

I'm sorry for not being around.

对不起,我没能一直陪在你们身边

How's your mom?

你妈妈怎么样?

How's she doing?

她还好吗?

-Micah: Okay.

还好

-D.L.: You're looking after her, right?

你在照顾她,对吗?

'Cause you're the man of the house when I'm not around

因为我不在时你就是家里的男子汉

-Micah: I know. I'm trying.

我知道,我在尽力

 

 [exhales]

 exhale: 呼气

Dad...how'd you get out of jail?

jail: 监狱

爸爸,你怎么从牢里出来的?

-D.L.: Between you and me

这可是我们之间的秘密啊…

I walked out.

我走出来的

-Micah: Out of prison? How'd you do it?

走出监狱?你怎么办到的?

-D.L.: Ain't no jail can hold your old man

Ain't : []=am not , are not, is not  hold: 监禁

监狱是关不住你老爸的

-Micah: Why not?

为什么?

-D.L.: 'Cause I got a secret.

因为我有秘密武器

-Micah: Like Superman?

superman: 超人

就像超人一样?

-D.L.: Yeah.

是的

Just like Superman.

就像超人一样

-Micah: Got a bunch more comics. Want to see?

bunch: 一束,一串  comic: 连环漫画

我还有不少漫画,想看吗?

-D.L.: Big Daddy, go get 'em.

想看啊,去拿吧

-Niki: It's gonna crush him when you run again.

crush: 压垮,击溃

你要是再走他会很伤心的

-D.L.: There won't be any more running.

我不会再走了

Not after today.

从今以后再不会了

-Niki: This is not just gonna go away.

这一切不会就这样结束的

-D.L.:  It will when I get that woman's name.

会的,只要知道那女人的名字就会

I guess I could hunker down in your backseat, and you could give me a lift.

guess: 想,认为  hunker: 蹲下  backseat: 后座  lift: 搭便车

我想我可以藏在你的车后座,你可以载我一程

Every cop in Vegas is looking for me.

cop: 警察

整个拉斯维加斯的警察都在找我

-Niki: So you want me to take that risk.

risk: 冒险,风险

那你是要我冒险了

-D.L.: I want you to hear that I was set up from the horse's mouth.

我要你知道事实上 我被陷害了

I know you, Nik.

我了解你,Niki

You're starting to believe me because I'm standing here staring you in the face.

stare: 盯着

你开始相信我了 因为我现在就站在你面前看着你

But once I'm out of your sight, you're gonna start to wonder.

once: 一旦  wonder: 怀疑

但是一旦我离开你的视线 你就又会开始怀疑

And I don't ever want you to wonder about me again.

我不想让你再怀疑我

-Lisa: She has your mouth and your nose, doesn't she?

她的嘴和鼻子像你,是吧

-Hank: Yeah, it looks like it, doesn't it?

是啊,看着真像

-Claire: I wonder what else of yours I have.

wonder: 想知道

我想知道我还有你们哪些特征

-Ms. Bennett: Can I get anybody anything to drink?

你们想要喝点什么吗?

Lemonade, just made a pitcher from scratch.

lemonade : 柠檬汁  pitcher: 大水罐  scratch: 刮,擦

有我们自己榨的柠檬汁

We have sodas, iced tea.

sodas: 碳酸饮料  iced: 冰冷的

还有汽水,冰茶

We have cupcakes, don't we, Claire?

cupcake: 纸杯蛋糕

我们还做了蛋糕,是吧,Claire

Just made 'em last night

昨晚做的

The two of us sort of a thing we do.

我们两个,做了些蛋糕

-Claire: Mom

妈妈

-Lisa: I would love some lemonade, thank you.

我就喝柠檬汁吧,谢谢

-Hank: Me too.

我也是

-Ms. Bennett: Claire?

Claire

-Claire: Yes, please.

我也要

-Ms. Bennett: Three lemonades coming right up.

三份柠檬汁,马上就好

-Hunk: So, what can we tell you about ourselves?

想知道我们什么情况呢?

-Niki: I don't see a welcome mat.

mat: 垫子

门口连擦鞋垫都没有

-D.L.: It's all right. I know these guys.

guy: (男)人,家伙

没什么,我认识这些家伙

We used to get stuff done for Linderman.

stuff: 东西

我们以前是一起帮Linderman做事的

-Niki: Wasn't that locked?

lock: 锁住

不是锁住了吗?

-D.L.: Guess not. Come on.

我看没有,进来吧

-Niki: Maybe they moved.

move: 搬家

也许他们搬走了

-D.L.: They didn't move.

没搬走

Go back to the car.

回到车上去

Go back to the car now.

快回到车上去

Come on, let's get out of here.

快点,我们得离开这

Come on, come on. Come on!

快点,快点,快点!

-Niki: No!

不!

-Hank: Oh, uh, we're not together anymore.

我们已经分手了

As high school sweethearts, we didn't even make it to graduation.

sweetheart: 爱人,恋人  graduation: 毕业

我们在学校的时候彼此相爱 但是还没到毕业就分手了

Once Lisa got pregnant, it was over.

once: (就)  pregnant: 怀孕  over: 结束的