Season 1, Episode 9: Seven Minutes to Midnight
[CHAPTER NINE homecoming]
homecoming: [美国英语](一年一度的)校友返校节
第九章:返校节
-Suresh: We are, if anything, creatures of habit... drawn to the safety and comfort of the familiar.
creature: 生物 safety: 安全 平安 comfort: 舒适 familiar: 熟悉的
无论如何,我们是 一种具有习性的生物...习惯于远离危险,适应自己所熟悉的
-Zach: So do they actually believe that pudding is a vegetable?
actually: 确实,真正地 believe: 相信 pudding: 布丁 vegetable: 蔬菜
难道他们真的认为布丁是一种蔬菜吗?
-Suresh: But what happens when the familiar becomes unsafe?
unsafe: 危险的
但是当我们极力躲藏的恐惧找到我们时
When the fear that we have been desperately trying to avoid finds us where we live?
fear: 恐怖,害怕 desperately: 拼命地 avoid: 避开,避免
那些我们曾经熟悉的 变得不再安全时又会怎样呢?
-Zach: Something wrong
出什么事了?
-Claire: Jackie just killed my appetite.
kill: 破坏 appetite: 胃口
看到Jackie就倒胃口
-Zach: Oh, look, the principal's gonna post the homecoming queen announcement.
principal: 校长 gonna=going to: 将要 post: 张贴 queen: 女王 announcement: 通告,公告
看,校长要去张贴返校节女皇的公告了
-Claire: Whoopee.
哦!
Well, aren't you gonna go see if you won?
难道你不准备去看看你是否获胜吗?
-Claire: What's the point?
point: 作用,意图
有什么意义吗?
-Zach: You're a finalist, Claire. Go.
finalist: 决赛选手
你可是决赛选手啊,Claire,去吧
Good luck.
祝你好运
-Jackie: Kinda nervy for someone in your position to be running for homecoming queen.
kinda=kind of: 有一点,有几分 nervy: 有勇气的 position: 位置,状态
你这样的人还去竞选返校节女皇 真是勇气可嘉啊
-Claire: My position?
我这样的人?
-Jackie: You know. Pariah?
pariah: 贱民
你知道,小贱人!
You hospitalized the MVP, annihilating any hope of us actually winning the game.
hospitalize: 使住院 mvp: most valuable player,最佳运动员 annihilate: (彻底)消灭
你把我们最棒的队员送进了医院 毁掉了我们赢得比赛的最后希望
You're not deluded enough to think you're actually gonna win?
delude: 欺骗,哄骗
你不会还有错觉觉得自己能赢吧?
-Claire: No delusions. It's a popularity contest, and you've made it very clear
delusion: delude的名词 欺骗,迷惑,受骗 popularity: 名气;名望 contest: 比赛
不会有了 这是一项人气比赛
that I am no longer popular.
popular: 受欢迎的
你已经说得很清楚了 我不再受欢迎了
-Jackie: It's more than a popularity contest.
这不仅仅只是人气比赛
Being selected homecoming queen is about serving your school.
select: 选择 serve: 为…服务
被选为返校节女皇意味着要为学校服务
God, Claire.
上帝啊,Claire
I didn't think you were that shallow.
shallow: 肤浅的
我真没想到你这么浅薄
-President: Congratulations, ladies
恭喜你们
Make me proud.
proud: 骄傲的,自豪的
你们让我感到骄傲
-Girl: Oh, my God, don't spaz out.
spaz: [俚](被人蔑视的)笨家伙,怪人
哦,天啊,别太生气了
-Jackie: What?
怎么了?
Homecoming queen Claire
“返校节女皇:Claire”
I can't believe it.
真是难以置信
-Claire: I won?
我赢了?
(students chanting)
chant: 吟咏;吟诵
Claire! Claire! Claire!
Claire!Claire!Claire!
-Jackie: Shut up, you freaks!
freak: 怪人
闭嘴,该死的
-Students: Claire! Claire! Claire!
Claire!Claire!Claire!
-Nathan: You didn't tell Peter about me buying this painting, did you?
painting: 油画
你没有告诉Peter我买了这幅画吧?
-Simone: You asked me not to.
你不是让我别告诉他吗?
[NY City]
[西蒙•德沃&Nathan•Petrelli] [纽约市]
-Nathan: I don't get it what is it?
get: 理解
我不明白,这到底是什么?
-Simone: It's one of a series, the work of Isaac Mendez, a rising artist.
series: 连续,系列 work: 作品 rising: 有前途的 artist: 艺术家
是一位新人画家Isaac Mendez系列作品中的一幅
Peter believes Isaac can paint the future.
Peter觉得Isaac能够画出未来
-Nathan: Is it supposed to be Peter?
这会不会是Peter呢?
-Simone: I'm not sure.
我不敢肯定
But Peter thinks he needs to be there to save a cheerleader.
save: 拯救 cheerleader: 拉拉队员
但是Peter觉得他应该到那儿 去救那个拉拉队长
-Nathan:
韦尔斯联合高中
-Simone: Yeah.
是
Peter thinks if he saves a cheerleader...
Peter觉得如果他能救那个拉拉队长...
He’ll save the world.
他就能拯救这个世界
-Nathan: Right.
是啊
Is that the only copy?
copy: 副本,复制品
这幅画没有副本吧?
-Simone: Yeah.
没有
Why?
怎么了?
-Nathan: Peter's got all these... ideas in his head.
Peter的脑子里总是萦绕着这些念头
Delusions of grandeur
delusion: 错觉 grandeur: 宏伟,伟大
一些关于伟大的错觉
He thinks he's supposed to make a difference.
他觉得自己注定要与众不同
-Simone: What are you doing?
你要干什么?
No! No!
不!不!
No!
不!
-Nathan: Saving his life.
life: 生命
我这是在救他
What?
什么?
You believe it?
难道你也相信这个?
Save the cheerleader, save the world?
拯救拉拉队长,拯救世界
-Simone: I'm not sure what to believe anymore.
我不确定到底该相信什么
-Nathan: I am.
我确定
[Jessica•桑德斯] [内华达州沙漠中某处]
-Man: Nice!
太棒了
-Jessica: What's the range on this?
range: 射程
射程是多少?
-Man: The Kinsella 320Z, been known to pierce body armor at 400 yards.
pierce: 穿透 armor: 护甲 yard: 码
金赛拉320Z式 可以击穿400码外的防弹衣
Military grade
military: 军用的,军事的 grade: 等级
军用级别
-Jessica: That'll work.
work: 有效
那就好
-Man: Don't want to see his eyes, huh?
是不是不想看到他的眼睛?
Must really hate the guy
hate: 憎恨 guy: (男)人,家伙
你一定很恨他吧
-Jessica: You have no idea.
你不明白
He took my son.
他带走了我的儿子
-Man: Damn
damn: 该死的
该死
You call the cops?
cop: 警察
你叫警察了?
-Jessica: Cops can't stop him.
警察拦不住他的
But I can, as long as he doesn't see it coming.
但是我可以,只要是他看不到这个
How much?
多少钱
-Man: Two large
large: 【一千】[a thousand dollars—from Urban Dictionary]
两千
-Jessica: We're going hunting.
我们要去打猎了!
-D.L.: So how long do you plan on keeping this up?
你到底要这样到什么时候?
[Micah•桑德斯 & D.L.霍金斯] [内华达州 12号高速公路某处]
-Micah: Till you turn around.
直到你调头为止
-D.L.: I told you, we can't go back!
我告诉过你了,我们不能回去!
-Micah: And I told you Mom needs me.
那我也告诉你了,妈妈需要我
-D.L.: It's not safe with her.
跟她在一起不安全
Look... I still love her.
听着...我仍然爱着她
No matter what she does, a part of me always will.
不管她做什么,我都不会变的
But your mom has changed.
但是你妈妈已经变了
The good news is that it's gonna be you and me from here on out.
幸运的是从今以后我们两个在一起了
Partners
partner: 同伴,搭档
我们是搭档!
-Micah: You mean, like Batman and Robin?
batman: 蝙蝠侠 Robin: 罗宾,和蝙蝠侠一样对付罪恶,是市中血气方刚的热心青年,常和蝙蝠侠一起行动
你是说,就像蝙蝠侠与罗宾?
-D.L.: Yeah. Like Batman and Robin.
是的,就像蝙蝠侠与罗宾
Only... I ain't wearing no tights.
wear: 穿着 tights: 紧身衣
只不过,我不会穿紧身衣
You could wear tights.
你可以穿
I'm not wearing tights.
我可不想穿
Need to hit the head?
hit: 到达 head: [美国英语]厕所
要去上厕所吗?
-Micah: Nah, I'm good.
不,我不用
-D.L.: Micah!
Micah!
-Nirad: Did you ever consider that these dreams
consider: 考虑 dream: 梦
你有没有考虑过那些梦?
[Mohinder•沙瑞西,印度 钦奈]
that you've been having, are just that, dreams?
那些只不过你是做的梦而已!
-Suresh: It's impossible.
impossible: 不可能的
这不可能
They were talking about my sister Shanti, a sister I never knew I had!
他们说的是我的姐姐Shanti 一个我从未谋面的姐姐!
-Nirad: As children, we absorb powerful archetypes that we bury in our subconscious.
absorb: 吸收(思想,文化等) powerful: 强大的,有影响的 archetype: 原始模型
bury: 掩藏 subconscious: 潜意识
孩童时期,我们会把一些印象深刻的原型 深藏于潜意识中
Your parents were obviously still grieving over your sister.
obviously: 显然地 grieve: 感到悲痛,伤心
显然你父母还在为你姐姐的事情难过
Freud would tell you the same thing.
弗洛伊德也会这么说的
-Suresh: What about the boy?
那个男孩怎么解释?
-Nirad: The one with the soccer ball
那个总抱着足球的男孩?
-Suresh: Yes, how do you explain his picture being hidden in my father's desk, hun?
explain: 解释 hidden: hide的过去分词,隐藏
对,你怎么解释 藏在我父亲书桌里的那个男孩的照片
He was one of them, right here in Chennai.
他肯定是他们中的一个 一定在钦奈地区
Sanjog Iyer, my father identified the genetic marker.
identify: 认出,坚定 genetic: 遗传的 marker: 标志; 标记
Sanjog Iyer,我父亲鉴别了对他的遗传标记
It says the boy can enter your dreams, alter your perceptions, uh, a kind of spirit guide.
enter: 进入 alter: 改变 perception: 观念,看法 spirit: 精神,心灵 guide: 向导, 导游
这个男孩可以进入你的梦境,改变你的感觉 也就是,就是一种精神导引
-Nirad: You must have seen that file before.
file: 文件
你肯定见过这份文件
-Suresh: I have never seen this file before and I have had thousands of dreams in my life.
我从未见过 我也做过成千上万个梦
These were different, they were--they were real.
但是这些梦是不同的 它们是真实的
We have to find this boy.
我们要找到这个男孩
-Peter: Hey, what was so important you had me meet you over here?
嘿,有什么要紧的事把我约到这里来?
-Simone: That painting you wanted, Nathan bought it from Linderman, had it shipped here.
ship: 运送
你想要的那幅画Nathan从 Linderman那里买来了,然后运到了这里
-Peter: It's here... can I see it?
这里...我能看看吗?
-Simone: There.
就在那儿
-Peter: I-I don't understand.
我,我不明白
-Simone: He said it was to protect you, that you're gonna get yourself killed.
protect: 保护
他说是为了保护你,否则会害了你的
[whispering]
whisper: 低声说话
-Peter: Okay, wait a minute.
好的,等一下
You saw this painting, all right.
你看见这幅画了,是不是
You can describe it to me.
describe: 描述
你可以向我描述一下
-Simone: You really believe this, don't you?
你真的相信这些,是不是?
Save the cheerleader, save the world.
拯救拉拉队长,拯救世界
-Peter: For reasons I can't begin to understand...
其实我也不怎么明白
there are people that are counting on me to do this.
为什么会有人指望我这么做
I don't know if I can, but I have to try.
我不知道我行不行,但我得去试试
-Simone: This doesn't make any sense.
sense: 意义,价值
这根本就没有意义
I probably shouldn't be showing you this.
probably: 可能,大概
也许我不应该给你看这个的
It's a digital image, it came with the painting.
digital: 数字的 image: 图像
这是数码照片,跟原画一起运来的
Is that you, Peter?
那是不是你,Peter?
[whispering]
-Peter: I...I don't know.
我不知道
Maybe
有可能
-Simone: If it's you, then you're gonna die
如果是你,你就要死了
at 8:12 tonight
今晚的8:12
Don't go, Peter.
不要去,Peter
[whispering]
-Peter: I have to.
我必须要去
-Simone:
韦尔斯联合高中位于 德克萨斯州的奥德赛市
I took the liberty and made a phone call.
liberty: 自由
我擅自做主打了个电话
Homecoming is tonight.
他们那儿今晚有返校节
-Peter: Thank you.
谢谢你
Thank you.
谢谢
-Simone: Look, I don't know if this is gonna happen.
听着,我不知道这是否会发生
Just come back, okay?
但你一定要回来,好吗?
-Peter: I will.
我会的
[cell phone ringing]
[speaking Japanese]
-Ando: Hiro? Hiro!
中村?中村!
-Peter: Hi, this is Peter Petrelli, is this Hiro Nakamura?
嘿,我是Peter Petrelli 你是中村弘吗?
-Ando: No. Ah, he will be right back.
不是,他一会儿回来
-Peter: Who is this?
那你是谁?
-Ando: I'm his friend, Ando.
我是他的朋友,安东
-Peter: Ando, right.
安东,好的
Okay, this is very important.
好的,这很重要
You and Hiro need to get to
你和中村要赶去德克萨斯州的奥德赛市
as soon as you can--
越快越好,到韦尔斯联合高中去
Okay, that's where the cheerleader is.
那个拉拉队长就在那儿
-Ando: We are in
我们已经到德克萨斯了
midland: 中部地区 burnt: 烧过的,烧烤的 toast: 烤面包片,土司 café: 咖啡馆
在中部某处的一家咖啡店里
It's outside the airport.
airport: 机场
就在机场附近
-Peter: You are? That's great!
你们已经到了,那太好了
Listen, I'm gonna get on a flight, tell Hiro that I'll be there before he knows it.
flight: 飞行,航班
听着,我要去赶飞机 告诉中村我很快就到
-Ando: Yes, okay.
好的
I will tell him.
我会的
Good-bye, Peter Petrelli.
再见,Peter Petrelli
-Women: It's gonna be okay, honey.
别难过了,亲爱的
-Bennett: It's useless.
useless: 无用的
这没用的
How is that supposed to help me find Sylar?
这怎么能帮我找到Sylar呢?
-
vend: 出售
他可不是个自动售货机
You can't just put the drugs in, pull a lever, and expect a clear response.
drug: 毒品 lever: 操作杆 expect: 期待 response: 反应,响应
你不能指望着给他毒品后 马上就能得到明确的回应
I mean, he's a person.
我是说,他是个人
-Bennett: Your emotions are impairing your judgment.
emotion: 情感 impair: 损害,削弱 judgment: 判断
你的情感正在影响你的判断
-
可能吧,但我绝不是唯一的一个
-Bennett: When he wakes up, have him paint another.
paint: 绘画
等他醒了之后,再让他画一幅
-
不!
-
emotional: 感情用事的;不理智的
你是不是觉得我在感情用事?
-Bennett: Do you have any idea what we're up against?
你知道我们现在在对付的是什么吗?
Come here.
过来
-
哦,我的天啊
-Bennett: Sylar wants to do that to my Claire.
Sylar也会对我的Claire这么做的
I will do whatever I have to do to stop it.
whatever: 无论什么
我会尽我所能去阻止他
-
Isaac帮不了我们
It was a mistake to do that to him.
mistake: 错误
那么对他是个错误
-Bennett: Go to the high school.
那就去学校
Use the paintings as a guide.
painting: 油画 guide: 向导,指导
利用那些画作为向导
Wait for Sylar.
等Sylar出现
You'll have help.
你肯定能帮上忙
When the time is right, neutralize him.
neutralize: [军事]压制(火力)
时机一到就制服他
I'll keep Claire safe
我要在家里保护Claire
-
homecoming: [美国英语](一年一度的)校友返校节
那可是返校节啊
-Bennett: Find Sylar, take him out.
找到Sylar,然后除掉他
I’d let me worry about Claire.
Claire就交给我好了
-Girl: Congratulations, Claire
恭喜你,Claire
-Claire: Thanks so much!
谢谢
I don't know that girl.
我不认识那个女孩啊
-Boy: Holla to the queen!
holla: 大声叫 queen: 女王,王后
为我们的女皇欢呼啊!
[giggling]
giggle: 咯咯地笑
-Claire: Holla back!
多谢啦
Everybody who wasn't my friend is now my friend, and everybody who was my friend, isn't.
我和那些原来不是朋友的成了朋友 而原来的那些却不再是朋友了
-Zach: Well, it's not a popularity contest,
popularity: 名气,名望 contest: 比赛
哦,这不是一个人气竞赛
It’s an unpopularity contest 'cause you rocked the freak vote.
unpopularity: 无名望,失人心 rock: 摇动 freak: 怪人 vote: 投票
这是一项不受欢迎度竞赛 你动摇了一部分人的投票决心
-Claire: I what?
什么意思?
-Zach: Look, everybody who's like Jackie voted for Jackie, and everybody who isn't voted for you
也就是说,凡是喜欢Jackie的人都投了她 而不喜欢她的人都投给了你
And in this school, the unpopular vastly outnumber the popular.
unpopular: 不受欢迎的 vastly: 广大地,许多 outnumber: 数量上超过
显然在这个学校里不受欢迎的 比受欢迎的要多得多
Made for a good campaign strategy
campaign: 竞选运动 strategy: 策略
只要准备一个好的竞选策略
-Claire: You campaigned for me?
你为我拉选票了?
Why?
为什么?
You think all this school spirit stuff is stupid.
spirit: 精神 stuff: 东西 stupid: 愚蠢的
你不是觉得这些所谓的 学校精神都很愚蠢吗?
-Zach: I never said it was stupid.
我从没说过这很愚蠢
I said it's beneath you.
beneath: 低于, 不如, 在…之下
我是说你不值得这样去做
But obviously it's important, so whatever.
obviously: 显然地
但显然对你来说很重要
Now you have a little piece of your old life back, okay?
你现在有点找回原来的生活了,好吗?
Just don't start acting like a bitch again.
act: 行动,扮演 bitch: 婊子,泼妇
求你别再像个婊子一样了
Look, I got this off of the Internet.
internet: 因特网
看,这是我从网上找到的
It supposedly has this really big chapter on spontaneous regeneration,
supposedly: 据称;大概,可能 chapter: 章,节 spontaneous: 自发的,自动的 regeneration: 再生
上面有一大章是讲组织自我重生的
So I thought it might enlighten you on the whole Miracle-Gro of it all.
enlighten: 启发,启蒙 miracle: 奇迹
所以我觉得这些能帮你理解你的“再生奇迹”
What's with you?
你这是怎么了?
-Claire: You're being so nice.
你怎么变得这么好了
I've never been this nice to you.
我从没有对你这么好过啊
I mean, I've been nice, but I could be nicer.
我是说,我对你挺好 但我可以对你更好些的
-Zach: Then why don't you?
那你为什么不对我更好些呢?
-Jackie: Congratulations, Claire.
恭喜你,Claire!
Mmm, is the gay boy your date?
gay: [美国俚语]同性恋的
嗯,你在和这个同性恋约会啊?
You should tell him, only one of you gets to wear the tiara.
tiara: (罗马教皇的)三重冕,宝冠
你应该告诉他 你们当中只有一个人可以戴加冕皇冠的
-Claire: What? That is so unfair!
unfair: 不公平的
什么,这太不公平了
-Ms. Bennett: Hon?
hon=honey: 亲爱的,宝贝
亲爱的?
-Bennett: I've already made up my mind.
我已经决定了
-Claire: You are being completely unreasonable.
completely: 完全地 unreasonable: 不讲理的
你真是太不讲道理了
Do you have any idea what it means for me to miss this game?
miss: 错过
你知道错过这场比赛 对我意味着什么吗?
-Bennett: You'll survive.
survive: 经受得住
你会熬过来的
-Claire: But Dad!
但是爸爸!
-Bennett: No, you listen, and you listen good.
不,你听着,好好的听着
As long as you live under my roof, you will do as I say.
roof: 屋顶
只要你还生活在我的屋檐下 你就要照我说的去做
You may not agree, but don't think for a moment that that matters.
matter: 事情
你或许不能接受 但是不要再想那些事情了
You are not leaving this house tonight.
你今晚不准离开这房子
Is that clear?
明白?
-Claire:
crystal: 水晶;石英玻璃盖片
臭眼镜
-Ms. Bennett: She's gonna hate you for a long time on this one.
hate: 憎恨
她会因此恨你很长时间的
-Bennett: Let's hope so.
希望如此
-D.L: Micah!
Micah
[yelling]
yell: 大叫
What were you thinking?
你到底在想什么?
Do you know how scared I was?
scared: 害怕的,惊恐的
你知道我有多担心你么?
-Micah: Now you know how it felt when you left us!
现在知道你离开后我们的感受了吧?
-D.L: Micah, what am I supposed to do here?
Micah,你想要我怎么做?
-Micah: Go back! She needs us!
回去!她需要我们!
-D.L: We've discussed this.
discuss: 讨论
我们已经谈过这个问题了
Your mom--
你妈妈...
-Micah: Dad, I know she's different, okay?
爸爸,我知道她和以前不同了
I see it too.
我也看到了
Something happened to her when you left.
你走后,她身上发生了一些事情
It got really bad.
非常不好的事情
Then, sometimes she'd show up instead of Mom.
然后,有些时候 她会以妈妈的样子出现
-D.L: She
她?
-Micah: Jessica.
Jessica
Dad, Mom--Mom's sick
sick: 有病的
爸爸,妈妈病了
She can't help herself.
她很无助
She can't control it.
control: 控制
她控制不了
-D.L: Micah.
Micah
Does your mom know about Jessica?
你妈妈知道Jessica的事么?
-Micah: No, I don't think so.
我觉得她不知道
Dad, we can't just leave her.
爸爸,我们不能就这样扔下她
If you still love her, you'll help her.
如果你仍爱着她,你就应该帮她
-D.L: You're right.
你说的没错
-Suresh: Do you know this boy?
你认识这个男孩么?
-Nirad: You're wasting my afternoon because of a ridiculous dream.
ridiculous: 荒谬的
就因为这样一个荒谬可笑的梦 你浪费了我一下午的时间
-Suresh: No one said you had to come.
没人要你必须来这里
-Nirad: And who's gonna keep you from getting killed?
那么谁来救你呢?
This is a dangerous neighborhood.
neighborhood: 地区,附近
这一带很危险
One look at your fancy shoes and we'll both be running for our lives.
fancy: 精美的,高档的
一旦有人看上了你漂亮的鞋子 我们就得逃命
-Suresh: Have you seen this boy?
你见过这个男孩么?
-Nirad: Come now, Mohinder.
别这样了,Mohinder
Let's stop this nonsense.
nonsense: 无意义的事
别再做傻事了
Go back to the university, talk about this like rational people.
rational: 理性的
回大学去吧 理性一点的讨论这个问题
-Suresh: I am not leaving until I find him.
在找到他之前,我是不会回去的
-Man: I know this boy.
我认识这个男孩
-Nirad: For 500 rupees, I can tell you where he is.
rupee: 卢比(印度、巴基斯坦等国的货币)
给我500卢比,我就告诉你他在哪
This man is a crook, give him nothing.
crook: [俚]无赖, 骗子
这个人是个骗子,别给他
What are you doing?
你在干吗?
-Suresh: Where?
哪里?
You came to me in my dream last night.
昨晚,在我梦中你来找过我
-Boy: I don't come to anyone.
我没找过任何人
They come to me.
他们来找我
-Suresh: Why?
为什么?
Why do they come to you?
为什么他们来找你
-Boy: They have questions that need answers.
他们有问题想问我
-Suresh: I'm not sure that I have a question.
我不知道我是否有问题
[laughing]
-Boy: Yes, you do.
是的,你有
-Suresh: I have two paths in front of me.
path: 路线,小路
我面前有2条路
I need to know which one to take.
我想知道我该怎么选择
Which one is my destiny.
destiny: 命运
选哪一条路才是我的命运
-Boy: You already have the answer you seek.
seek: 寻求
你自己已经有答案了
-Suresh: What is it?
是什么?
What's my answer?
我的答案是什么?
-Ando: Hiro.
宏
Excuse me.
请问
When was this picture taken?
这张照片是什么时候照的?
Oh, that was Charlie's birthday.
哦,是在Charlie生日上
About six months ago.
大约6个月前
Do you know him?
你认识他?
-Women: Hiro Sure
宏?是的
He and Charlie were tight.
tight: 关系紧密的,友好相待的
他和Charlie很要好的
-Ando: Please, where is he now?
请告诉我,他现在在哪?
-Women: I have no idea, darling.
darling: 亲爱的
我不知道,亲爱的
He popped out of her life weeks ago.
pop: 突然出现
他几周前就离开她了
-Claire: What's going on?
Zach,你在干吗?
-Zach: I'm here to rescue you.
rescue: 营救
我是来救你的
Let's go.
走吧
-Claire: I'm grounded.
grounded: 【禁足】[to be restricted to your home—from Urban Dictionary]
我被监禁了
-Zach: No one grounds the queen, come on.
没人可以监禁女皇的,快来吧
-Claire: Yeah, tell that to my dad.
是啊,和我爸爸说去
-Zach: You only get to be homecoming queen once.
你只能当一次返校节女皇
You know what?
你知道吗?
You've already cemented your victory in the eyes of the student body by punching Jackie.
cement: 巩固 victory: 胜利 punch: 用拳猛击
在你揍Jackie后,就坚固了你的胜利
Plus, if you back out now, she becomes the queen.
plus: 外加,且有
如果你现在退出,那么她将成为女皇
-Claire: My dad would pitch a fit.
pitch: 投;掷 fit: (感情等的)激发,突发
我爸爸会抓狂的
-Zach: So, big deal
能有什么大不了呢?
What? He grounds you more.
无非是他继续监禁你
He double grounds you.
double: 两倍的;加倍的
他加倍监禁你
Come on, you deserve this.
deserve: 应该得到
来吧,你应该成为返校节女皇的
-Claire: I do deserve this.
我的确应该
And tonight, you can be my date to the dance.
date: 约会对象
今晚你可以成为我的舞伴
-Zach: Me?
我?
-Claire: Sure, why not?
当然啊,有什么问题么?
-Zach: Uh… For a million different reasons
有太多的问题了
-Claire: Is it about what Jackie said?
是和Jackie所说的有关么?
Because I don't care--
care: 在乎
因为我不在乎...
-Zach: I don't care about that, you think I care about that?
我不在乎那些 你觉得我会在乎么?
She can call me whatever she wants.
她想怎么说我都可以
I'm not gonna be embarrassed by it.
embarrassed: 尴尬的
我不会因此而感到尴尬
I know who I am.
我知道我是什么样的人
I like who I am.
我喜欢我现在的样子
I like who you are.
我也喜欢你现在的样子
I just...I just wish that you liked who you are.
我只是希望你也喜欢你现在的样子
-Claire: I'm finally realizing who my friends really are.
realize: 认识到
我终于知道谁才是我真正的朋友
And that maybe being different isn't the end of the world.
那可能是有些与众不同 但没什么大不了的,又不是世界末日
That's just who I am.
那才是真正的我
-Zach: Exactly, you gotta embrace your inner freak.
exactly: 非常对,一点没错 gotta=have got to: 必须 embrace: (欣然)接受 inner: 秘密的
freak: 怪事
没错,你应该为你奇怪的能力感到高兴
[giggling]
giggle: 咯咯地笑
Because the only thing that you'll regret is denying who you really are.
regret: 后悔 deny: 否认
因为唯一让你懊悔的事情就是否认自我
-Peter: Ando?
安东?
Hello I'm Peter Petrelli.
你好,我是Peter Petrelli
How are you?
你好吗?
So sorry it took forever.
forever: 极长久地
很抱歉让你等了这么久
I-I couldn't get a flight, and then taxis in this town...
taxi: 出租车
我没赶上飞机,城里的出租车...
We still have time.
我们还有时间
Where's--where's Hiro?
宏在哪?
-Ando: Hiro traveled back in time to rescue Charlie.
宏返回过去去救Charlie了
I told him it wasn't a good idea,
我告诉过他,这样不好
Peter Petrelli might call, but he insisted.
insist: 坚持
Peter Petrelli可能会打电话的 但是他仍然坚持那么做
-Peter: What happened to her?
她怎么了?
-Ando: She was killed.
她被杀了
We were sitting right here.
我们当时就坐在这
It happened so fast.
事情发生的太快了
Next thing we know, she was dead and the killer was gone in a flash.
之后我们就发现她死了 而凶手却闪电般的消失的无影无踪
Like, Okage.
就像...
Uh...boogeyman
boogeyman=bogeyman: 恶巫;可怕的人,妖怪
嗯...邪恶的巫师一样
Hiro says maybe it is the same man that is going to attack the cheerleader.
attack: 攻击,袭击 cheerleader: 拉拉队长
宏说可能袭击拉拉队长的也是那个人
I told Hiro do over, is too risky.
risky: 危险的
我告诉过宏改变已经发生的事情太危险了
But Hiro says man who is too afraid to use power, does not deserve to have power.
power: 能力 deserve: 应该获得
但是宏说如果因为惧怕 那就根本不配拥有这种超能力
-Peter: I know when, and I know where the cheerleader gets attacked.
我知道拉拉队长是何时何地被袭击的
I have to stop him.
我必须去阻止他
-Ando: Is this you?
是你么?
-Peter: Maybe.
或许吧
-Ando: You have a power, right?
你也有超能力,对吗?
-Peter: Sort of.
有一些吧
Super strength
super: 超级的 strength: 力量
超级力量?
-Ando: You bend time and space like Hiro!
bend: 使弯曲
你可以象宏那样扭曲时空
-Peter: No, I...I kind of absorb the abilities of others.
absorb: 吸收 ability: 能力
不,我能吸取其他人的能力
But only when they're close
close: 靠近的
但是他们必须在我身边才可以
Truthfully, when I'm by myself, I don't...
truthfully: 事实上
事实上,如果只是我一个人,我...
I'm not really anything.
我什么能力也没有
I've got less than an hour.
我还有不到1小时的时间
Okay, it happens at 8:12, I have to go.
事情会在8:12发生 我必须走了
Coming?
你来吗?
-Ando: No.
不
I will wait for Hiro.
我要等宏
Without him, I'm not really anything either.
没有他,我也一文不值
Maybe you should wait too.
或许你也应该等他
-Peter: There's no time.
没时间了
I have to save the cheerleader.
我必须去救拉拉队长
-Ando: But, Peter!
但是,Peter
You die.
你会死的
-Bennett: Where is she? She's gone!
她在哪? 她已经走了
-Ms. Bennett: Oh, right.
哦,对了
I saw her and Zach skip out across the lawn ten minutes ago.
skip: [美国口语]匆匆离去;逃离 lawn: 草坪
10分钟前,我看到她和Zach偷偷穿过草坪
She must have climbed out her window.
climb: 爬
她一定是从窗户爬出去的
-Bennett: Why didn't you try to stop her?
为什么你不阻止她?
-Ms. Bennett: Because she's a good girl, and she deserves this.
因为她是个好女孩 她应该参加返校节的
You are being way too harsh.
harsh: 严厉的
而且你也太过分了
-Bennett: You don't know what you've done.
你不知道你到底做了些什么
If you hear from her, call me immediately!
immediately: 立刻
如果你有她的消息,马上通知我
-Nirad: You're wasting your time.
waste: 浪费
你在浪费时间
Freud would tell you the boy is merely a manifestation of your subconscious.
merely: 只不过,仅仅 manifestation: 表现形式,表示 subconscious: 潜意识
弗洛伊德会告诉你 那个男孩只不过是你潜意识的表现
[laughing]
-Suresh: Nirad?
Nirad?
Haven't we already had this conversation?
conversation: 谈话
我们不是已经谈过这个了么?
No, wait!
嘿,等等
-Nirad: You're wasting your time.
你在浪费时间
Freud would tell you that the boy's merely a manifestation of your subconscious.
merely: 只不过,只是 manifestation: 表现
弗洛伊德会告诉你 那个男孩只不过是你潜意识的表现
-Chandra Suresh: It was more than a dream, it was real.
more: 仅仅,只是
那不仅仅是梦,是真的
This boy can give me the answers I seek.
seek: 寻找
这个男孩可以给我答案
-Nirad: I'm your friend, Chandra, but you sound like a madman.
madman: 疯子
我是你的朋友,Chandra 但是你看上去像个疯子
-Chandra Suresh: Well, all great thinkers were said to be madmen in their time-- Darwin, Einstein, Gandhi.
thinker: 思想家
所有伟大的思想家在他们的年代 都被看成疯子,达尔文,爱因斯坦,甘地
-Nirad:
ridicule: 嘲笑,嘲弄 university: 大学 biology: 生物
达尔文可没被他的大学生物学同事嘲笑
-Chandra Suresh: They weren't even listening.
他们根本不听他说
-Nirad: You're the one who's not listening!
你才是那个不愿意听的人
You think you're actually gonna find these people?
你觉得你会找到这些人么?
Levitation, spontaneous regeneration
levitation: 悬浮,漂浮 spontaneous: 自发的,自动的 regeneration: 再生
飞人?不死人?
Chandra, I know that Shanti's death drove you to find answers, but it is time to let go.
drive: 激励,驱使
Chandra,我知道Shanti的死让你去寻找答案 但是,是时候释怀了
If you persist on espousing this insanity in your writing and in your classroom,
persist: 坚持, 固执 espouse: 支持,提倡 insanity: 蠢事,疯狂 writing: 著作,作品
如果你仍然坚持在你的著作 和课堂上宣扬你疯狂的理论
they will strip you of your tenure.
strip: 剥夺 tenure: [美国英语](大学教学的)终身职位
他们会解雇你的
-Chandra Suresh: So be it.
那解雇我吧
-Suresh: I just finished reading.
finish: 完成
我刚刚读完
It's fantastic, Father.
fantastic: 极好的,极出色的
棒极了,爸爸
To think that today, all around us, the evolutionary process continues so dramatically!
evolutionary: 进化的,演化的 process: 过程 continue: 延续 dramatically: 戏剧性地
想想现在,我们周围的一切 进化过程延续的是多么的戏剧性!
-Chandra Suresh: Who told you to read this?
谁让你看这个的?
-Suresh: No one, I saw it on your desk, so I picked it up.
没人让我看 我看它放在你桌上,就拿起来看了
-Chandra Suresh: You invaded my privacy, Mohinder.
invade: 侵犯 privacy: 隐私
你侵犯了我的隐私,Mohinder
This was not for you to read.
这不适合你读
-Suresh: Well, I'm sorry, but I think it's extraordinary and I want to help.
extraordinary: 非凡的,不寻常的
对不起,但我觉得这个太非凡了 我想帮帮忙
By using the Human Genome Project, we can locate these people.
human: 人,人类 genome: 基因组 project: 计划,项目 locate: 找出
利用人类基因组计划 我们能够找到这些人
-Chandra Suresh: Not "we"!
不是“我们”!
You can't be part of this.
你不能参与
-Suresh: Why not?
为什么不呢?
Because I don't want you to be!
因为我不想你参加!
-Suresh: I don't understand.
我不明白
-Chandra Suresh:
scientific: 科学的 wish: 愿望 affection: 感情
达尔文说科学家应该无情无欲 有一颗石头般的心
That's me, Mohinder.
我就是这样,Mohinder
-Suresh: It's not you.
你不是
Go home.
回家吧
-Boy: You have your answer.
你已经有答案了
-Suresh: You were trying to protect me.
protect: 保护
你在试图保护我
Heart of stone
石头一般的心
Why did you have a heart of stone?
为何你有一颗石头般的心?
Heart of stone
石头一般的心
My sister
我的姐姐
You found them.
你找到他们了
-Claire: Ooh, sorry!
哦,对不起
That was my fault.
fault: 过错
是我的错
I wasn't looking where I was going.
我没看着路
-Peter: Hey, do you...do you know this girl, Jackie Wilcox?
你认识Jackie Wilcox吗?
-Claire: Uh, yeah, half-time show starts in about five minutes.
half-time: 中场休息时间 show: 演出
嗯,中场演出5分钟后开始
She'll be out on the field.
field: 活动场;舞台
她会上场的
-Peter: She's a cheerleader.
她是拉拉队长
-Claire: Are you a reporter or something?
reporter: 记者
你是个记者还是什么?
-Peter: Alumni
alumni: (男)校友
校友
I'm just curious.
curious: 好奇的
我只是好奇
-Claire: You know, between you and me, she's not that special.
special: 特别的
说实话,她不那么特别
Just your average teenage girl
average: 平常的 teenage: 青少年
就是个普通的姑娘
-Peter: She rushed into a fire and saved a man's life sounds kinda special to me.
rush: 猛冲 kinda=kind of: 有点儿
她冲进大火救了一个人的命 对我来说有点特别
-Claire: Yeah, you're right.
你说得对
I'm jealous.
jealous: 妒忌的
我妒忌
She's our town hero.
hero: 英雄
她是我们镇上的英雄
Me? I don't win too many popularity contests.
popularity: 名气 contest: 比赛
而我呢?我可没什么人气
-Peter: Hey, it gets better!
嘿!会好起来的
-Claire: What?
什么?
-Peter: Life after high school.
高中后的生活
It gets a lot better.
会好很多的
-Jackie: Half-time, girls!
半场了,姑娘们!
Come on, pump it up!
pump: 打气
快点!快去加油!
Whoo!
喔!
Will the nerviness never cease.
nerviness: 厚颜的,有勇气 cease: 停止
你怎么总是这么厚颜无耻
I thought you were grounded.
我以为你被监禁了
-Claire: It didn't take.
没有这回事
How's your eye?
你的眼怎么样?
-Jackie: Nothing I can't cover up.
我能拿粉遮住的
There's something I wanna say to you,
有件事我要和你说
captain to captain.
captain: 队长
是队长与队长之间的
-Claire: Say it.
说吧
-Jackie: I think you're a menace.
menace: 威胁, 胁迫
我认为你是个威胁
And I'm not just talking about you punching me over your boyfriend, the girlfriend.
punch: 用拳重击
我不是说你在你男朋友面前打我
I'm talking about you in general.
我是说总体方面
We used to be BFF's.
bff: best friends forever的缩写 永远的好朋友
我们曾是“永远的好朋友”
What happened?
到底是怎么了?
-Claire: Maybe I've gained some perspective.
gain: 获得 perspective: 观点,看法
也许我看开了
I'm tired of trying to be someone I'm not.
我厌烦这样不“自我”了
-Jackie: Well, you've been trying to be me since second grade.
grade: 年级
从二年级起你就想成为我这样
-Claire: And now you're trying to be me.
现在是你想成为我
-Jackie: How do you figure?
figure: 认为
你怎么这么想?
-Claire: Your little heroic act of pulling the guy out of the burning train car... wasn't your heroic act, it was mine.
heroic: 英雄的,英勇的 act: 行为 guy: (男)人,家伙 burning: 燃烧的
你把人从燃烧的车里拉出来 那个小小的英雄事迹 不是你做的,而是我做的
-Jackie: No, it wasn't.
不,不是你
-Claire: I have it on tape.
tape: 录像带,磁带
我都录下来了
You know, a good friend of mine once said it's more important to be honest with yourself and happy than popular.
honest: 诚实的
我的一个好朋友说诚实快乐 比出名重要的多
I think he got it right.
我想他是对的
-Jackie: Really
真的?
Sounds like a loser to me.
loser: 失败者
对我来说听着像个衰人
-Claire: Public schools suck.
suck: 【烂】[Not good. Bad—from Urban Dictionary—from Urban Dictionary]
公立学校真烂
Did you hear that?
你听见了吗?
-Jackie: Hear what?
听见什么?
-Claire: Hello?
有人吗?
-Jackie: Stop it, you're freaking me out!
停下,你把我吓坏了!
-Claire: I thought I heard something.
我想我听见了什么
-Jackie: You're imagining it. Let's go!
imagine: 想象
是你想象的,我们走吧!
-Claire: Whoa, whoa, whoa.
喔,喔,喔
-Jackie: What is your problem?
你有什么毛病?
-Claire: Don't go that way.
别走那边
-Jackie: What the hell?
hell: 地狱
到底怎么回事?
-Claire: Jackie, something's not right.
Jackie,有点不对劲
No, duh!
不
-Jackie: We're missing the coronation.
miss: 错过 coronation: 加冕礼
我们要错过加冕仪式了
Believe me, if you don't want to go out there and get that homecoming crown,
believe: 相信 crown: 皇冠;加冕
相信我,如果你不想出去加冕的话
I'm more than happy--
我会很高兴…
Aah!
啊!
-Claire: No!
不!
No! No!
不!不!
-Jackie: Aah!
啊!
-Bennett: Claire!
Claire!
-Jackie: Aah! Aah!
啊!啊!
Run! Go!
快跑
-Peter: Are you ok
你没事吧?
run
快走!
Keep going! Run!
一直走!快!
[whispering]
whisper: 低声说话
-Bennett: Oh, my God.
哦,我的天
Claire.
Claire
-Peter: Hey, hey, hey! Run!
嘿!快跑!
[gasping]
gasp: 喘气
Run!
跑!
-Claire: Aah...
啊…
Who is it?
这是谁?
-Peter: Go, to the stadium, okay?
stadium: 露天大型运动[体育]场
到体育场去,明白?
Find people, find lights.
light: 光亮,灯
找到人群,找到光亮
He doesn't want to be seen.
他不想被看见
-Claire: What about you? Don't worry about me.
你呢?别担心我
-Peter: Just go!
快走!
Go!
走!
-Claire: No...
不…
[heavy breathing]
breathe: 呼吸
You...
你…
How did you--
你怎么…
[gravelly voice]
gravelly: (声音)粗重而沙哑的,刺耳的
-Peter: Where is he?
他呢?
-Claire: I don't know.
我不知道
He ran away before I got here.
在我到这之前他跑了
-Peter: Police.
叫警察
Go get some help, okay?
快去求救
Okay. I'll be back.
嗯,我马上回来
-Claire: Hey.
嘿
What's your name?
你叫什么名字?
-Peter: Peter.
Peter
-Claire: I'm Claire.
我叫Claire
-Peter: Are you the one?
你是那个人吗?
By saving you, did I save the world?
save: 拯救
通过拯救你,我拯救了世界吗?
-Claire: I don't know.
我不知道
I'm just a cheerleader.
cheerleader: 拉拉队长
我只是个拉拉队长
-Bennett: Claire!
Claire!
-Claire: Dad.
爸爸
It's okay.
没事了
You're okay.
你没事了
-Claire: Dad, it was terrible, Jackie, she--
terrible: 可怕的
爸爸,太可怕了 Jackie,她…
-Bennett: I know, I know.
我知道,我知道
-Claire: We have to go back.
我们得回去
We--we have to go back, Peter--
我们得回去,Peter…
No, no, no. He saved my life!
不,不,不,他救了我的命!
-Bennett: No, no, no, he'll be fine.
不,不,不,他会没事的
-Claire: But we can't leave him.
但我们不能丢下他
We can't leave him.
我们不能丢下他
He almost died, but then he...
他差点就死了,但他…
He...we have to go back!
我们得回去
We have to go back!
我们得回去!
-Bennett: The police'll take care of everything.
警察会处理的
Look at you.
看看你
You're lucky to be alive.
alive: 活着的
你能活着很幸运
-Claire: It's not luck, Dad.
不是幸运,爸爸
I have something I have to tell you.
我有件事要告诉你
-
hurt: 伤害
你不想伤害我
We just need to talk.
我们需要谈谈
You can tell me all about yourself.
你什么都可以和我说
But first, go to sleep.
但是先睡觉
[echoing voice]
echoing: 回声[波]现象 voice: 声音
You need to sleep.
你需要睡觉
-Police: That's the guy!
就是这个人!
He's the one in the overcoat the janitor saw.
overcoat: 大衣 janitor: 看门人,守卫
他就是那个穿大衣的人
Put your hands on your head!
把手举起来!
What the hell? Look at all that blood.
blood: 血,血迹
怎么回事?看看那摊血
-Peter: It's not what you think, guys!
guy: (男)人,家伙
不是你们想像的那样!
-Police: All right, hands up.
好吧,手举起来
What are you do--
你们要…
-Peter: It's not me!
不是我干的!
He's getting away!
他逃走了!
-Police: Let's go! Stand up!
快走吧!站起来!
-Mohinder's mother: Mira called.
Mira打来电话了
She said you turned down her job offer.
offer: 给予,提供
她说你拒绝了她的工作邀请
You're going back to
你要回纽约?
-Suresh: He did it, you know.
他就是这样做的
He discovered them.
discover: 发现
他发现了他们
His theory, it was right.
theory: 理论
他的理论是对的
-Mohinder's mother: And that is good news, yes?
这是好消息吧?
-Suresh: Why didn't he tell me?
他为何不告诉我?
-Mohinder's mother: We wanted you to live your own life.
他想要你过自己的生活
So now that you know about them, what will you do?
既然你知道他们的事了 你要怎么办?
-Suresh: Find them.
找到他们
Tell them who they are, if they don't already know.
告诉他们是什么人 如果他们还不知道的话
Warn them of the dangers they face.
warn: 警告 danger: 警告 face: 面临
警告他们将要遇到的危险
-Mohinder's mother: And who will protect you?
protect: 保护
谁来保护你?
-D.L.: Next stop, Vegas.
stop: 车站
下一站,拉斯维加斯
-Micah: Dad, we don't need to go back to Vegas.
爸爸,我们不需要回拉斯维加斯
-D.L.: Why not?
为什么?
-Micah: I called Mom.
我打电话给妈妈了
I told her where we are. She's on her way.
我告诉她我们在哪,她在路上
-D.L.: Micah, get in the car.
Micah,上车
Now, come on!
快点!
-Micah: Dad, what's wrong?
爸爸,怎么了?
-Suresh: We are all, at our cores, the sum of our fears.
core: 核心,心脏 sum: 总数 fear: 恐惧
所有的恐惧都藏在我们的心中
To embrace destiny, we must, inevitably, face those fears and conquer them.
embrace: 信奉,皈依 destiny: 命运 inevitably: 不可避免地 conquer: 征服
为了信奉命运 最终我们都必须面对并战胜恐惧
Whether they come from the familiar...
familiar: 熟悉的
不管他们是熟悉的…
Or the unknown
unknown: 未知的
还是未知的
-Hiro: My name is Hiro Nakamura!
我叫中村弘
I'm here to save your life!
我是来救你的!
-Charlie: Hey, Charlie!
嘿,Charlie!
-Sheriff: Charlie!
Charlie!
[六个月前]
Come over and blow out the candles!
candle: 蜡烛
快来吹蜡烛!
-Charlie: Hold that thought, okay?
hold: 保持 thought: 想法
等一下,好吗?
I gotta go make a wish
gotta=have got to: 必须 wish: 愿望
我要去许个愿
词汇解析:Frank 校对:Vivian



评 论