提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等) ![]()
-Man:This thing we can do, it only begins at reading minds.
begin at: 从…开始 mind: 想法,感觉,思维
我们能够做的起初只是读取心智
And then it becomes so much more.
然后会变得你无法想象。
-Man:Isaac Mendez. Everything he's ever painted has come true.
paint:油漆,绘画 come true:实现,成真
艾萨克·门德斯。他画的一切都变成了现实
-Bob:Have they given you a gun? Her name is Claire Bennet.
他们是不是给你了一把枪? 她名字是克莱尔·伯奈特
You remember her father, Noah?
你记得她父亲诺亚吗
-Suresh:You're saying we should kill him?
你是指我们有必要杀了他?
-Bob:I'm saying we should be prepared.
prepare:准备
我是指我们得有所准备
-Suresh:I have been working with Bennet to take down this company.
work with:和…合作 take down:记下,写下,拆卸【搞垮】 company:公司,友伴
我一直在和伯奈特合作想要搞垮组织
-Bob:Why are you telling me this now?
现在你为什么要告诉我?
-West:He found us. The man who abducted me. We've gotta get out of here.
abduct:诱拐,绑走 gotta:<美俚>=have got to 必须 get out of: 离开,摆脱,避免
他发现我们了,那个绑架过我的人我们得赶快逃
-Claire:That's what I've been trying to tell you. The guy in the glasses is my father.
那是我一直想告诉你的,戴眼镜的那个人是我爸爸
-Noah:It's not safe here any more. Pack your bags. We're moving.
not any more: 不再 pack包裹,收拾行李 move:搬家,迁移
这里不再安全,整理行装马上搬家
-Noah:What are you wearing?
wear:穿着,耗损
你穿的是什么?
-Claire:My uniform. I have a pep rally today.
uniform:制服 pep:使兴致勃勃,激励 rally:集会,示威运动 pep rally:赛前动员会
我的制服。我今天有个赛前动员会
Well, maybe I didn't make myself clear. We're leaving Costa Verde today.
make clear:解释
好吧,可能是我没有说清楚,我们今天就离开科斯塔佛得
-Claire:You made yourself plenty clear. I'm not leaving.
plenty:充足,够多 clear:清楚地,明确的
你已经说得很清楚了,但是我不走
Go change out of that outfit or I will…
change:改变 outfit:配备供应,装备 or:或者,不然
跟我把那身衣服换掉不然我就
-Claire:Or you'll what? Abduct me? Experiment on me? Erase my memory?
abduct:诱拐,绑走 experiment on:试用(用…做实验) erase:抹去,擦掉
不然怎么样?绑架我吗?在我身上做实验吗?抹去我的记忆?
That's what you did, isn't, dad?
你不就会那一套么,不是吗?爸爸?
And then you inject them with some sort of—
inject:注射 sort:种类,样子 some sort of:某种的,多少有些,仿佛
然后你再给他们注射一种...
-Noah:You are talking about things you don't understand.
talk about: 谈论
不懂的事情你不要乱说
-Claire:Actually, I do understand. You abducted West.
actually:实际上
事实上,我都懂,你绑架过韦斯特
-Noah:What?
你说什么?
-Claire:When he was like 12. When he saw you yesterday, I have never seen anyone so terrified.
terrified: 很害怕的,极度恐慌的,吓坏了的
大概在他12岁左右,他昨天发现你的时候,我从未见过一个人这么的害怕恐慌
-Lyle:What are you talking about, Claire? Dad does not abduct people.
abduct:诱拐,绑走
克莱尔 你在说些什么啊?爸爸不会绑架什么人的
-Claire:Dad is a bad guy, Lyle. He's a liar.
liar:说谎者
莱尔,爸爸不是好人,他在说谎
Don't listen to a word he says.
listen to:听,听从
不要相信他说的话
-Sandra:Claire!
克莱尔!
-Claire:Would you stop defending him?
defend:防护,辩护
你能不能别再帮他辩护了?
That's all you do. I mean, look at us! Moving, lying, changing our names.
你就只会帮他,我是说,看看我们吧?逃亡,说谎,改名换姓。
-Noah:All I want is for you to have a safe and normal life.
我想做的无非是想让你有个安全正常的生活
-Claire:This isn't about me. This is all about you and the things you've done.
all about: 关于…的一切,到处
这不是为了我,这都是为了你自己和你做过的那些事
-Noah:If you and your boyfriend hadn't showboated, none of—
showboat:炫耀,卖弄
如果你和你那男朋友不是炫耀那些…这都不会...
-Claire:Stop using that as an excuse.
excuse:借口,理由
别拿那个当借口
No matter what I do, this is never gonna end, is it, dad?We’re always running.
end:结束,终结 gonna: going to,将要
不管我怎么做,这事都不会有个了结,不是吗,爸爸? 我们永远在逃亡
-Noah:Do not walk out of that door!
walk out of:从…走出,从…退席
你敢走出那门!
-Claire:What are you gonna do... Tie me up?
tie:系,打结 tie up:扎帮,捆绑
你就会怎么做? 把我捆起来吗
-Noah:If I have to.
是你逼我的
-Sandra:Enough! Noah, put down the tape.
tape:胶带,带子 put down: 放下,平定,镇压
够了! 诺亚,把胶带放下。
Claire, go to school, say good-bye to your friends,
say good-bye to: 向…告别
克莱尔,到学校去跟你那些朋友道个别
Then come right home. We are leaving tonight. You got it?
再马上回家来,我们今晚就搬,明白了吗
-Claire:I hate you.
我恨你
-Priest:It's tradition that the eldest son speak... in honor of the deceased
tradition:传统,惯例 eldest:最老的,最年长的(最高级的) in honor of: 为了向…表示敬意 deceased: 死去了的,已亡故的
按照传统由长子向死者致悼词
-Ando:Hiro,are you okay?
阿宽 你还好吗
-Hiro:No.
不好
I came back too late. Now he's dead. We don't even know who killed him! It's all my fault.
fault:故障,过失,缺点
我回来得太晚了,现在他都不在了。我们甚至都不知道凶手是谁,都是我的错
-Ando:No, it's not, Hiro. Now go back up there, Honor your father.
go back:回去 honor:尊敬,授予荣誉
不,阿宽,不是你的错,回那边去吧 向你父亲致悼词
-Hiro:No. To eulogize him is to admit he is gone.
eulogize:称赞,颂扬【悼念】 admit:允许进入,承认
不,悼念他就等于承认他已过世
And I'm not ready to let him go. I must go back in time.
ready:准备好的,情愿的 be not ready to: 来不及
但我还不想让他就这么去了,我得回到过去
-Ando:Hiro, please...
阿宽 别...
One week ago in New York City
一周前纽约
-Kaito:I do not take death threats idly.
death: 死亡 threat:威胁,恐吓 idly:懒散地,漫不经心地,无所事事地
我不会把死亡威胁当儿戏
- Angela: So you think one of us sent these?
sent:送,寄出
那你认为是自己人干的了?
- Kaito:Yes, for the pain we caused. The people we have killed.
pain:痛苦,伤害 cause:引起
没错,由于我们招致的痛苦害死的那些人
There is no end to our suffering.
suffering:苦楚,受难
这些罪过永远无法救赎
-Molly:Good morning.
早上好
-Matt:Morning!
早啊
- Matt:How'd you sleep?
睡得怎么样?
- Molly:On my pillow.
pillow:枕头
很香
-Matt:No nightmares, no nightmare man?
nightmare:噩梦
没做噩梦,没有夜魔人?
- Molly:No.
没有
-Matt:Good.
很好
- Molly:What were you looking at?
你在看什么?
-Matt:That's a puzzle.
puzzle:难题,迷惑
那是一个谜图。
People in that photo fit together somehow.
photo:照片 fit:适合,安装 somehow:不知怎么地,设法 fit together: 把零散的东西拼凑成…,组成一个整体
照片中的人之间有着某种联系
Some of them got hurt,
其中一些人遇害了
And I'm trying to find the rest so that no one else has to.
rest:剩余的,休息,余下的
我正试着找出其他的这样就不会再有人被害了
-Molly:I can find them for you.
我能帮你找到他们
-Matt:No. No, you won't. I made that mistake once.
once:一次,曾经 mistake: 错误 make mistake: 犯错
不行,不,你不会的。我错过一次
I'm never gonna ask you to do that again. Sit down, eat breakfast.
gonna: going to,将要 sit down: 坐下
再也不会让你重蹈覆辙,坐下来,吃你的早餐
I want you to be a normal little girl.
我想你做个正常的小女孩
-Molly:I'm not normal. I can find people.
我可不一般 我能找到别人
-Matt:All right, you wanna help? Come here.
all right: 好,行,正确的,可行的 wanna: want to,想要
好吧,你想帮忙是吗?到这里来
If you wanna help, help me put the nightmare man behind us, so we can get back to normal.
nightmare: 噩梦,梦魇 go back to: 回到…上来,回家,回去
你要是真想帮忙,就帮我把夜魔人的事忘得干干净净,那么我们就能都变得正常了
Okay? And just be a little girl. Go to school, have fun. And I'll be...an underpaid cop. Deal?
have fun: 玩得开心,过得快活 underpaid:所得报酬过低的 cop:警察 deal:交易,成交
好吗?当个小女孩多好啊到学校去,开心点,然后我做回我的普通警察,成交?
-Molly:But why can't we?
但我们为什么就不行呢?
-Matt:Just do it, okay? For me?
乖乖去做,好吗?就当是为我
-Molly:Okay, I’ll do it for you. Back to normal.
好吧,我会为你做的,回到正常生活
-Matt:Come back and finish your cereal.
cereal:谷类(的),麦片粥 come back: 回来
回来吃完你的麦片
-Bob:Welcome to Costa Verde.
欢迎来到科斯塔佛得
-Suresh: How we gonna do this?
gonna: going to,将要
我们要怎么做?
-Bob:Swiftly.
swiftly:迅速地,敏捷地
干净利落的做
We grab Claire, we take out her father.
grab:抓住,攫住 take out:清除,除掉,获得
我们抓到克莱尔,搞定她老爸
We get out.
get out: 走开,逃出
我们离开
-Suresh:When you say "take out," you mean kill?
你说的“搞定”是指干掉?
-Bob:It is a euphemism.
euphemism:婉言,委婉的说法
那是委婉的说法
-Suresh:Word choice aside, never agreed to take out anybody.
aside:在一边,另外 agree:同意,答应 agree to do: 同意做
不管你用什么说法,我不会去“搞定”任何人的
-Bob:You were loyal to Bennet. I get that.
loyal:忠诚的,忠心的
你还忠诚于伯奈特 我理解
The two of you were going to take down the company. But you made the right choice in tell
take down:记下,拆卸,搞垮
你们两个想要毁掉公司,你肯告诉我是正确的
-Suresh:I'm not choosing sides. This is about Claire's blood curing Niki.
blood:血,血液 curing:治疗
我不是要选边,只是要用克莱尔的血治疗妮其
I'm just trying to do the right thing, for everyone .
做正确的事请,为了大家
-Bob:That's what I like about you, Dr. Suresh.
这正是我敬重的地方, 苏雷什博士
Your moral compass always faces true north.
moral:道德上(的) compass:指南针,罗盘 true north: 真北,非地磁北【这里指正义,正直】
你总是刚直不阿的
Which is why you're going to get a new partner. One who can execute.
execute:执行,实行 partner: 同伴,搭档
所以你需要一个新搭档,她可以替你杀人
One whose compass faces north-northwest. I hope you’re using sunscreen.
sunscreen:防晒霜 north-northwest: 北西北【偏离真北的,即非正义的】
她的道德观没你那么牢靠,涂过防晒霜了吧
-Elle:Ugh. Overprotective much?
overprotective:过分保护的
管太多了吧?
-Bob:Dr. Suresh, I would like you to meet my daughter, Elle.
would like:愿意,想要
苏雷什博士,认识一下我女儿 艾儿
-Suresh:Your daughter? She's the executioner?
executioner:刽子手,死刑执行者
你女儿? 她是杀手?
-Elle:What's your super power, Punching bag?
punch:以拳重击 punching bag:沙袋,吊袋,攻击目标
你的超能力是什么? 打沙袋?
Have you been working on your sharp shooting?
sharp:突然地,急剧地 shooting:射击 work on: 继续工作,致力于,练习
练了快速射击没有?
-Bob:I don't want you to get too close to Bennet.
close to: 离…近
我可不想你离伯奈特太近
-Elle:Hey, fight club... Check this out.
fight:对抗,打架 club:俱乐部 check out: 核查,核对,核实
搭档,看看这招
-West:What's your deal?
deal:交易,协定
你什么意思?
-Claire:I figured this was your flight path to school.
figure:认为,料想 flight:航班,飞机的航程 flight path:航迹 path: 路途,路径
我猜你上学会飞过这里
-West:You don't have to pretend anymore, Claire. The jig is kinda up, spy girl.
pretend:假装 jig:鱼钩,阴谋诡计 kinda:有一点,有几分(=kind of) spy:侦探,间谍
你不用再装了,克莱尔,花招早都露馅了,奸细
-Claire:I'm not pretending. And I'm not a spy, I swear. I'm just…I'm just a cheerleader.
swear:发誓,承诺 cheerleader:拉拉队队长
我没装,我也不是奸细,我发誓,我只是...我只是拉拉队队长
-West:So this is all a big coincidence?
coincidence:同时发生的,巧合
这么说一切都是巧合了?
That your dad just happens to be the guy who abducted me?
happen:碰巧 guy:(男)人,家伙 abduct: 绑架,劫持
你老爸碰巧是那个绑架了我的人?
-Claire:Then why didn't you just tell me?
那你为什么不早点告诉我?
-West:I was selfish. You liked me. You were like me. And I thought... That if I told you... It would just mess everything up. And I guess it did.
selfish:自私的 mess up:弄糟,弄乱 mess: 弄乱,弄糟
我太自私了,你喜欢我,我们还都有超能力,我觉得...我要是告诉你了... 你肯定不会再喜欢我了,现在看来我没想错
-Claire:My family's leaving town.
我们要搬家了
-West:When?
什么时候
-Claire:Tonight . But I'm not going with them. I'm staying here because of you.
because of:因为
今晚。但我不会跟他们走的,为了你我会留下来
-West:I wanna believe you. But I don't.
wanna:=want to(仅用于口语)
我想相信你,但我做不到
I need to go figure things out.
figure out:计算出,解决,弄明白 figure: 计算,估计,料想
我得想想清楚
-Matt:Yes,
好的
I've been on hold waiting for a special agent—
hold:控制,把握 on hold: 暂缓,推迟,搁置,等电话 wait for: 等待,等候 special:特别的,专门的 agent:代理人,代理商,探员 special agent: 特别代理人,探员
我在等一位探员
No, some of that interdepartmental cooperation
interdepartmental:部际的(各部间的),局间的 cooperation:合作,协作
不,是关于部门合作
I've been hearing so much about on the news.
on the news: 在广播或是电视新闻中
我在新闻里听了不少
Yes, I'll hold…What are you doing? I was on hold with the FBI.
好的,我等着…你干什么? 我在等FBI的人
-Matt’s boss:Well, I want you to tell me. Why you're on hold with the FBI.
你告诉我,你为什么要找FBI
-Matt:Because I'm trying to get some information on the Kaito Nakamura case.
information:信息 try to: 设法 case: 案件
我需要一些中村海东案的信息
-Matt’s boss:The Kaito Nakamura case is closed.
close: 结束,关闭,终止
中村海东案已经结了
Angela Petrelli confessed, partner.
confess:承认,坦白,供认 partner:合作者,搭档
安吉拉·佩里招供了 伙计
-Matt:Yeah, but she didn't do it.
确实 但案子不是她做的
There's something bigger going on here.
go on:继续进行,发生
这里面有大文章
Don't know what it is, but these guys are involved in some kind of, uh, organization, like from back in the '70s.
involve:包含,使陷入,牵扯 be involved in: 涉及,专心 organization:机构,组织
我虽然不确定到底是什么,但这些人跟某个组织有牵连,可能从70年代就开始了
-Matt’s boss:Like a disco?
disco: 迪斯科【这里应该是指邪教一类的非法组织吧^_^】
邪教吗?
-Matt:No...no. Like a research facility.
research:研究 facility:设施,设备 research facility: 研究设备
不,不,类似某种研究机构
I was there yesterday.
我昨天去了
All these guys--Nakamura, Linderman, Arthur Petrelli, My dad, and this Adam Monroe guy.
所有这些人,中村,林达曼亚瑟·佩里,我爸爸,还有这个亚当·门罗。
-Matt’s boss:Your dad?
你爸爸?
-Matt:Yeah.
是的
-Matt’s boss:Let it go.
let go: 释放,放开,发射
别管了
You got real work to do.
real work: 正事,正经事
你要有正经事要做
-Matt:This is real work!
这就是正经事
And it's important. Lives could be at stake.
stake:木柱,赌注,利害关系 at stake:命在旦夕,危如累卵,危险
很重要的 一些人有生命危险了
-Matt’s boss:Your job could be at stake if you keep this up,
keep up:保持,继续
你要是再这样 你的工作就有危险了
Parkman. Now, I need you back on the planet earth. You got me?
planet:行星 earth: 世界,陆地,表面
帕克曼,我要求你给我本本分分的,听到没?
-Matt:No.
不
-Matt’s boss:Excuse me, detective?
detective:侦探
再说一遍 探员?
-Matt:Give me 24 hours.
给我24小时
Let me talk to Angela Petrelli again.
让我再见一次安吉拉·佩里
-Matt’s boss:Tell you what.
这样吧
You got 24 hours.
给你24小时
Talk to Angela Petrelli again.
再去见一次安吉拉·佩里
Then you're done.
就这样
-Matt:Thank you. Great idea.
谢谢,好主意
-Sandra:Is this him?
是他吗?
-Noah:He looks a lot younger there.
a lot:许多,很多 younger: 较年轻的
这张照片上他看起来小一些
Well, apparently, he can fly.
apparently:显然,似乎
很明显 他会飞
-Sandra:Did you really do what Claire said?
克莱尔说的是真的吗?
Abduct him when he was just a boy?
当他还是孩子的时候绑架了他?
-Noah:I thought we were doing good.
我想我们做的没错
Saving the world.
拯救世界
-Sandra:Honestly, I don't know why I'm not getting in the car with the kids and leaving you.
honestly:真诚地,公正地 get in: 进入,上车
老实说,我不知道为什么我没赶快带孩子们上车离开你
-Noah:Come here. I want to show you something.
过来,我想给你看些东西
Remember that painting I showed you?
painting: 油画,水彩画
记得上次给你看的画吗?
The death of Kaito Nakamura.
kind of: 稍微,有点儿
中村海东的死。
-Sandra:Kind of hard to forget a story. About a man who can paint the future.
很难忘记这个,会描绘未来的人
-Noah:Well, that was one of eight. I found the other seven yesterday.
the other: 其他的,另一个
这是八幅画之一, 昨天我找到了其他七幅画
-Sandra:That's Claire, isn't it? Is that...
那是克莱尔吗? 那是…
-Noah:Claire's right. It's all about me.
克莱尔是对的,这和我有关
-Sandra:And this man with the gun, is he gonna shoot you?
shoot:射击 gonna: going to,将要
这个举着枪的男人,他要向你开枪吗?
-Noah:Believe me, I've considered it.
consider:考虑,思考,认为
相信我 我深思熟虑过了
But Suresh is one of the good guys.
但是苏雷什是个好人
-Sandra:And you think West has something to do with it?
have something to do with: 与…有关
你认为韦斯特会做这些事吗?
- Noah:I don't know, but West is the reason why Claire won't leave town
我不知道,但是韦斯特是克莱尔不愿离开这里的原因
And I need to talk to him.
我需要和他谈谈
It's all falling apart.
fall apart:崩溃,散开,破碎
我都快要崩溃了
I really need you now.
我现在真的很需要你
-Sandra:I'm gonna... Take Lyle to school.
我得送莱尔去学校了
-Suresh:Hello.
你好
-Noah:Is Molly well enough to use her ability?
well enough: 很好,很健康,还好,还过得去
莫莉现在能使用她的能力了吗?
-Suresh:Why?
怎么了?
-Noah:I need to track down a boy, and I don't have time to run all over Costa Verde.
track down:搜捕到,追捕到 track: 跟踪,追踪 all over: 到处
我要找一个男孩,我没时间跑遍整个科斯塔佛得
His name is West Rosen.
他的名字是韦斯特·罗森
-Suresh:Are you okay? You sound—
你还好吗? 你听起来...
-Noah:Can you do it or not?
你能不能做到?
-Suresh:Yes, of course.
当然
-Noah:Mohinder...
莫欣德
-Suresh:Yeah?
什么?
-Noah:Just... Thank you.
只是...谢谢你
-Suresh:That was Bennet.
伯奈特打来的
-Bob:Does he know we're here?
他知道我们在这儿吗?
-Suresh:No.
他不知道
He just wanted some information.
他只是想知道
A location of a boy.
location:地点,位置,场所
一个男孩的位置
Maybe we can use this to our advantage.
advantage:优势,有利条件 to one’s advantage: 对某人有利
也许我们可以利用这一点
-Bob:How so?
怎样做呢?
-Suresh:We feed him a false location.
feed:饲养,靠…为生,向…提供 false: 伪装的,虚假的
我们给他错误的位置
We isolate him. We get him away from Claire.
isolate:隔离,独立,使孤立 get away from:离开,逃脱,逃离
我们孤立他 使他离开克莱尔
We don't have to kill him.
我们没必要杀了他
-Elle:Do you know what happens when you change your plans mid-stream?
mid-stream: 中流,河流正中
你知道中途改变计划会有什么后果吗?
-Suresh:No.
不
-Elle:Neither do I.
neither:两者都不
我也不知道
Because we don't do it.
因为我们不会这么做
-Suresh:Let me put it this way.
put it this way:这样做,这样说
让我试着那样做吧
We do it my way, or I blow the whistle right now.
blow: 吹响,吹奏 whistle: 汽笛,哨子,口哨 right now: 现在,即刻 blow the whistle:告发,指控
我们按我的计划去执行,不然我想现在就放出口风
Tell Bennet everything.
告诉伯奈特一切
-Noah:Bennet is dangerous.
伯奈特很危险
You saw what he did to his mentor in the Ukraine.
mentor:指导者
你也知道了他对住在乌克兰的导师做了什么
-Elle:Don't you think if push came to shove, He's do the same to you?
shove:推,猛推,猛挤 push: 推,拉,扯 push comes to shove: 逼得太紧,做得太过
你不认为如果逼的太紧他会对你做同样的事吗?
-Suresh:No. I don't.
不,我不这么认为
-Elle:He's adorable. Can I keep him?
adorable:可爱的,可崇拜的
他真可爱,我能留着他吗?
-Bob:Okay...we do it the doctor's way.
好的,我们按照教授说的做
-Kaito:I sought redemption by helping Hiro fulfill his destiny to save the world.
seek:寻找,搜索,探寻 redemption:补偿,偿还 fulfill:履行,完成 destiny:命运
为了拯救地球,我帮助中村完成他的使命,我一直在找赎罪的方法
How did you help your son?
你又为你儿子做了些什么?
I'm leaving for Japan tonight.
leave for: 出发去某地
我今晚就会回日本
I suggest you disappear asell.
suggest:建议,提出 disappear:消失
我劝你最好去避避风头
-Hiro:Father!
爸爸!
-Kaito:Hiro? You've returned!
阿宽? 你回来了!
Where have you been, Hiro
你去哪里了,阿宽?
-Hiro:Japan,1671
1671年的日本
The time of Takezo Kensei
宫本武藏的那个时代
-Kaito:You must tell everything
你得一字不露的告诉我
-Hiro:Later. Right now we must leave.
待会儿再说吧 我们现在得离开这里
You are going to die! Here! Tonight!
你将会死去! 这儿! 今晚!
-Kaito:How do you know this?
你是怎么知道的?
-Hiro:I've just come from your funeral.
funeral:葬礼
我刚刚从你的葬礼上来到这里
-Kaito:My funeral?
我的葬礼?
This is my fate then.
fate: 命运
这就是我的宿命
It doesn't have to be...
这不会...
We have the power of gods.
我们拥有神赐的力量
That does not mean we can play God.
这不意味着我们可以代替神的位置
-Hiro:No. You are being stubborn.
stubborn:顽固的,倔强的
不,你太顽固了
-Kaito:And you are letting your emotions influence your judgement.
emotion:情感,情绪 judgement:判断 influence: 影响
你现在是让冲动冲昏了头脑
-Hiro:You felt this way once.
以前有一次你就是这么想的
I was young, but I remember.
我虽然还小 但我记得
In fact...
In fact: 实际上,其实
事实上...
I will show you.
我会做给你看的
-Kaito:Where are we?
我们这是在哪
-Hiro:Aoyama Cemetery.
cemetery:公墓
青山公墓
-Kaito:When are we?
这是什么时候?
-Hiro:17 years ago.
17年前
Mother has just passed away.
pass away:过世,逝世
母亲刚过世
-Kaito:Why have you done this?
你为什么带我到这里来?
-Hiro:You need to understand my pain.
pain:痛苦
你得知道我为什么痛苦
The reason I need to save you.
还有我为什么要救你
Don't you remember your heartache when she died?
heartache:心痛,悲叹
你不记得她去世时你有多痛苦了么
-Kaito:It was the saddest day of my life.
saddest:最悲哀的
那是我有生以来最痛苦的一天
But it doesn't change anything.
但是那却什么也改变不了
Did you really think this was going to work?
觉得这样真的有用么?
-Hiro:You cannot die.
你不能死
-Kaito:You foolish boy.
foolish:愚蠢的
傻孩子
Take me back now.
把我送回去,现在
-Hiro:No!
不!
-Hiro:Sorry!
打扰了。
Oh, my god. You are...
天啊,你是...
-Younger Hiro:I'm Takezo Kensei.
我是剑圣
-Hiro:Yes. Yes. You are.
对,对,你是
-Younger Hiro:My mother died.
我母亲去世了
-Hiro:I know. I remember.
我知道,我记得
-Younger Hiro:Why does my father paint the grave?
grave:坟墓
我父亲为什么要在墓碑上写字?
-Hiro:It is tradition.
tradition:传统,惯例
这是传统
The names of husband and wife are carved into stone.
carve:雕刻,切 stone:石头,石制的
丈夫和妻子的名字要一同刻上墓碑
Your father paints his own name red as a promise... to join your mother.
promise: 承诺,诺言 join: 参加,加入,连接
你父亲把自己的名字涂上红色 这是一种承诺陪伴你的母亲
It will stay that way until he does.
在他完成这个承诺之前会一直保持着这个样子
-Younger Hiro:My father's going to die, too?
我的父亲也快要死了?
-Hiro:Not for a long time.
不久之后
-Younger Hiro:No! I must stop it. I'm a hero!
不,我必须阻止它发生,我是英雄
- Hiro:Some things even Takezo Kensei cannot change.
有些事情,是连剑圣也无法改变的
We cannot play God
我们不能对神明不敬
But I must honor him... listen to him.
honor: 尊敬,给以荣誉 listen to: 听某人说话,听从
但是我必须尊敬他...听他的话
Learn from his lessons, strength... responsibility... and justice...
learn from: 向…学习,从…获得 strength: 力量 responsibility: 责任,责任感 justice: 公正,公平
向他学习,力量,责任...和公正...
-Younger Hiro: Justice? How?
公正? 怎样才能做到
-Kaito:Hiro,
阿宽
Come here!
过来
-Hiro:You were right, father.
你是对的 父亲
I was being childish. I'm sorry.
childish:孩子气的,幼稚的
我太孩子气了,对不起
I'll take you back.
我会把你送回去
-Kaito:Let's pay our respects, first
pay: 付给,给予 respect: 尊重
我们先拜拜神明吧
-West:Remember me?
还记得我吗?
Then you know I don't have super strength.
那个时候你不知道我有超能力
I can't hold on forever.
hold on: 等一等,抓紧不放,坚持
我支撑不了多久
-Noah:What do you want?
你想要什么?
-West:Answers!
答案!
-Noah:We took you to study your abilities!
我们把你抓来是想研究你的能力
-West:I don't care about any of that!
care about:关心,关注,介意,在乎,感兴趣,喜欢
我才不在乎这些呢
Claire! Is she working with you?
克莱尔! 她和你一起工作吗?
Or for you?
或是为你工作?
Did she ever really care about me?
她真的有喜欢过我吗?
-Noah:Claire never even mentioned you existed!
mention:提起,谈起 exist:存在
克莱尔都没提到过你
You hear me?
你听清楚了吗?
She lied to me!
lie to: 对…撒谎
她对我撒了谎
So I'm guessing you're pretty important to her.
pretty:相当地 important:重要的
我想你对她来说很重要
You listen to me very carefully.
listen to: 听(某人)说话,听从
你给我仔细听清楚
I am taking Claire. We are leaving town.
我要带走克莱尔 我们要离开这个镇
And you are gonna convince her that's the right thing to do.
gonna: going to,将要 convince: 使相信,使明白
你得让她相信这样做才是对的
-Noah:Hello.
喂。
-Suresh:I just spoke to Molly.
我刚刚和莫莉通过话
She's located West. He's in Costa Verde.
locate:找出,定位,位于
她锁定了韦斯特的位置 他在科斯塔佛得
Corner of Verbena and Palm.
Verbena和Palm的拐角处
-Noah:Right now?
现在?
Are you sure?
你确定吗?
-Suresh:Molly's ability has pinpoint accuracy.
pinpoint:极小之物,精确 accuracy:准确性,精确度 pinpoint accuracy:高精确性
莫莉的能力一向很准
But I can't guarantee that he'll be there forever.
guarantee:保证,担保
但我不敢保证他一直在那里
You should get there quickly.
你应该尽快赶到那
-Noah:Okay.
好的
I'll head right over.
right over: 立即,马上
我马上到
-West:What's going on?
到底怎么了?
-Noah:Claire's in danger.
in danger:在危险中
克莱尔有危险
I need your help.
我需要你的帮助
-Coach:Bring it on in!
bring on: 使发作,使发展,使进步
再来点激情!
Hey, we missed you this morning.
miss: 未看见,错过
今天早上没找到你
Is everything okay?
一切都还好吗
-Claire:Yeah, everything's great.
对 一切都很好
-Coach:Good.
那就好
Come here.
过来这儿
This is Mr. Bishop from the state board of education.
state:州,国家的,正式的 board:董事会 education:教育,培养 board of education:学校董事会
这位是来自州校董事会的毕舍普先生
He needs to talk to you about the Debbie incident.
incident:事件
他想和你谈谈关于上次黛比的事
-Bob:Please...call me Bob.
叫我鲍勃好了
-Claire:Am I in trouble?
in trouble: 处于困境中,处于不幸中,在监禁中
我有麻烦了?
-Bob:No, no, no.
不,没有
Just wanna ask you a couple questions.
Wanna: want to,想要 a couple:几个,一些
只是想问你几个问题
May we walk?
我们走走?
-Claire:Yeah, sure.
好的
-Bob:We take underage drinking very seriously.
underage:未成年的 drinking:喝,喝酒 seriously:认真地,严肃地
我们处理未成年酗酒是非常严厉的
-Claire:Of course.
这是当然
-Bob:You haven't seen any other incidents of drinking, hazing?
hazing:受辱,被欺负
你有没有见过其他类似的由于酗酒引起的事,比如说喝酒闹事
-Claire:No, sir, none.
没有先生,从来没有
-Bob:You wouldn't lie to me, would you?
你不会骗我吧,对吗?
-Claire:No, sir.
不会,先生
-Bob:Because an incident like this can ruin a girl's life.
ruin:毁灭,破坏
因为像这样的事可能毁掉一个女孩的前途
You wouldn't wanna do that, would you,
你不希望如此,是吧
Miss Bennet?
伯奈特女士
-Claire:What did you just call me?
你刚才叫我什么
-Suresh:Have you killed many people?
你杀过很多人吗
-Elle:How is that any of your business?
business: 事物,本分,关心的事
这关你什么事
-Suresh:I guess it's not.
不关我的事
Bennet.
伯奈特
Let me talk to him first.
让我和他先谈谈
Alone.
单独的
-Elle:You sure?
你确定?
-Suresh:I am.
对
He trusts me.
trust:信任
他信任我
-Noah:What are you doing here?
你在这里做什么
-Suresh:I'm sorry I lied to you.
我很抱歉骗了你
I only have a second. You have to listen to me.
我没多少时间了,你必须得听我的
-Noah:Are they forcing you to do this?
force:强迫 force sb. to do: 强迫某人做某事
是他们强迫你这样做的吗
Do they have Molly?
莫莉是不是在他们手中
-Suresh:Nobody is forcing me to do anything.
没人逼我这样做
I'm here to ask you to give us Claire.
我来这是请你把克莱尔交给我们
We need her blood.
我们需要她的血液
-Noah:You've gone native.
native:本地的,本土的,质朴的
你还那么天真吗
Are you kidding me?
kid:开玩笑,嘲弄
开什么玩笑
-Suresh:She'll be returned to you safe, unharmed.
unharmed:没有受伤(无恙的)的
她会被安全的送到你身边,毫发无伤
You have my word.
word: 誓言,诺言 have one’s word: 保证
我向你保证
-Noah:No offence, Mohinder,
offence:冒犯,无礼 no offense:请勿见怪,别介意
没有冒犯的意思,莫欣德
But your word isn't what it used to be.
used to: 过去一向,过去时常
你的誓言已经不值钱了
-Suresh:Claire is very important to the work we're doing.
克莱尔对我们现在的工作非常重要
She can save lives.
她能救很多人的命
-Noah: “the work we're doing”
“我们的工作”
You sound like me ten years ago. That is what they do.
sound like: 听起来像
你听起来像十年前的我,这才是他们所做的
They indoctrinate you.
indoctrinate:灌输思想,教导,灌输
他们在给你灌输思想
I couldn't have been more clear about this
clear about: 明白
我对这个再清楚不过了
When you agreed to go in.
agree to:同意 go in:进入,参加
当你答应加入时候我就知道了
-Suresh:They're not who you think they are.
他们已经和以前不同了
-Noah:They are not getting Claire.
他们不会得到克莱尔
-Suresh:I have to do what I think is right.
我必须得做我认为是正确的
Start driving.
drive:骑,驾驶,开车
开车
Please.
请
-Claire:Dad!
爸爸
Mom?!
妈妈
Lyle!
莱尔
-Sandra:Claire?
克莱尔
-Claire:Mom!
妈妈
This guy showed up at my school.
show up:揭露,露面
有个人在我学校里出现
He knew our real name.
real name: 实名
他知道我们的真名
-Sandra:What?
什么
-Claire:Dad was right.
爸爸是对的
I messed up, and they found us.
mess:将…弄糟 mess up: 弄乱,弄糟
是我搞杂了,他们现在发现我们了
We gotta go.
gotta: have got to,不得不
我们得离开
-Sandra:Go where?
去哪
-Claire:What is this?
这是什么
-Sandra:That's why your father's being acting so strangely-- he thinks that's
act:行动,扮演 strangely:奇妙地,不可思议地,怪异地
这就是为什么你爸爸最近都奇奇怪怪的
Gonna happen.
gonna: going to,将要 happen: 发生
他认为这可能会发生
-Bob:Isaac mendez...
艾萨克·门德斯...
He was a very talented artist, and incredibly accurate.
talented:有才能的(多才的) artist:艺术家,美术家 incredibly:难以置信地 accurate:准确的,精确的
他是个天才艺术家,并且难以置信的准确
Good to see you again, Sandra.
很高兴再次看到你,桑德拉
-Claire:You know him?
你认识他
-Sandra:Yeah.
对
He was the regional sales manager of Primatech paper.
regional:地区的,局部的 sales manager: 营业销售主任
他是Primatech纸业公司的区域销售经理
-Noah:So who's your partner?
partner: 搭档,同伴
谁和你一起搭档的
-Suresh:Excuse me?
什么?
-Noah:Company policy .
policy:政策,方针
公司的政策
One of them, one of us.
他们一个人,我们一个人
Who's yours?
你的呢?
Elle, huh?
是艾儿?
-Suresh:You know her?
你认识她?
-Noah:Oh, yeah.
是的
-Elle:Hey, you.
好久不见
-Noah:You lie to me, betray me.
betray:出卖,背叛
你骗了我,还背叛我
You come after my daughter.
come after: 跟着…来,跟在…后面
还要来找我的女儿
How did you think it was gonna end?
你认为会以什么结果收场
-West:Mr. Butler...
巴特勒先生
What are you doing?
你这是干什么
-Noah:No one's taking my little girl.
没人能带走我女儿
-Noah:Sandra! Claire!
桑德拉,克莱尔
-Sandra:Uhh! He took Claire.
他把克莱尔带走了
Your old boss Bob.
你原来的老板鲍勃
What the hell is going on?
the hell: 究竟,到底 hell: 地狱
到底出什么事了?
-Bob:It's okay.
没事的
We're gonna get her back.
gonna: going to,将要
我们要把她找回来
-Sandra:How, Noah?
怎么找啊,诺亚
-Noah:I've got collateral.
collateral:并行的,附属担保品,担保品,抵押品,人质
我有人质
-Sandra:What do you mean, collateral?
人质?什么意思,人质。
Hi, Mrs. Butler.
你好,巴特勒夫人
-West:It's good to, uh... see you again.
很高兴...又见到你
-Noah:Did you pack Mr. Muggles' doggy bath?
pack:包装,收拾行李 doggy:像狗一样的,小犬小狗 bath:洗澡,浴缸
你收拾了Muggle先生的狗澡盆了吗?
-Noah:I need to speak to your father.
我要和你父亲谈谈
-Elle:What do you think,this is my first day?
你在想什么?这是我头一次碰到吗?
-Noah:Stings like a bitch, doesn't it?
bitch:(贬)泼妇 sting: 感到剧痛,刺伤
一定很疼是吧
I know all about your ability, Elle.
all about: 关于…的一切
我知道你有什么能力,艾儿
-Elle:You don't know anything about me.
你知道个屁
-Noah:I was there.
我就在场
When your father first brought you in, you were a normal girl.
bring in:引入,把…拿进来,收养 normal:正常的,正规的
你父亲收养你的时候,那时你还是个正常的女孩儿
Unicorns and rainbows.
unicorn:(传说中的)独角兽 rainbow:彩虹
迷恋着独角兽的故事和彩虹
And then they started the testing.
testing:测试
后来,他们开始了试验
The human brain isn't built to take that much electricity.
human brain:人脑 electricity:电,电击量
一个正常人根本无法承受的
You poor girl.
可怜的孩子
-Elle:My father would never let that happen.
我父亲绝不会那样做
-Noah:Your father was leading the charge.
lead:领导,引导 charge:管理,照管
你父亲是主谋
-Elle:I don't remember any of that.
我什么也不记得
-Noah:No memories, huh?
不记得了,是吗?
Kind of like someone took them away?
take away:拿走(减去,解除) kind of: 稍微,有点儿
就像有人把它取走了一样是吗?
Why do you think I never let the company anywhere near Claire?
你知道我为什么不让公司接近克莱尔呢
I didn't want her to become you.
我不想让她变得像你一样
Now I need to talk to your father to arrange a trade. Claire for you.
arrange:安排,准备 trade:交易,生意
现在我需要和你父亲谈一笔交易,用你换回克莱尔
-Elle:What if he doesn't wanna make a deal?
what if:如果…那会怎么样 make a deal:定个协议
如果他不同意呢
You'd be surprised what a father would do for his daughter.
那你将会看到一个父亲为女儿做的事是多么惊人
-Bob:Elle, where are you?
艾儿,你在哪儿
-Noah:You touch my daughter and I'll kill yours.
touch:接触,触及
你要是敢动我女儿一根汗毛 我就杀了你女儿
And then I'll kill you.
再杀了你
-Bob:Noah?
诺亚?
-Noah:We'll be at the Imperial Beach parking lot in two hours.
parking lot:停车场 imperial: 英国的,帝国的 beach: 海岸,海滩 lot: 场所,地点
我们两小时后在帝国海岸停车场见面
-Bob:Well, looks like you and I are going to the beach.
beach:海滩
看来我们俩得去趟海边了
-Claire:I'll do whatever you want, okay?
我会按你说的做,好吗
Just promise me you'll leave my dad alone.
promise:诺言,约定,希望 leave alone: 不管,不理,不干涉
只要你答应我别伤害我父亲
-Bob:I wish it were that easy.
wish:希望,愿望
要有那么简单就好了
Unfortunately, he's got my daughter.
unfortunately:不幸地
不幸的是 他也抓了我女儿
-Claire:Let me talk to him. He'll listen to me.
让我和他谈,他会听我的
-Bob:He's not big on the listening.
big on: 热衷于
他不会听任何人的
And once he sets his mind, it's stuck.
once:一次,曾经,一旦 set:设置,集合 mind:思想,主意 be stuck:受骗,被困住,被接纳 stuck: 不能动,不能继续做某事 set one’s mind: 决定,下定决心
一旦他决定的事,谁也改变不了
Which is why we gave you to him in the first place.
in the first place: 首先,从一开始
这就是为什么当年我们把你交给了他抚养
We thought he would be loyal to the end.
to the end: 到底,始终,到最后
我们觉得他会忠诚到底
Turns out we were right.
turn out:证明是,结果是,原来是
看上去我们是对的
It's too bad, really.
真的太糟了
You'd be an excellent addition to the team, Claire.
excellent:极好的,优秀的 addition:增加,增加的人或事物
你是最不可思议的一个,克莱尔
You, your blood.
你的血液
You can help a lot of people.
能拯救很多人
-Claire:Good. Take my blood.
take blood: 采血
好啊,那就抽我的血啊
Take as much as you want,
as much as: 差不多,和…一样多
要多少抽多少
But leave my dad alone.
但别伤害我父亲
No one has to die.
没有人必须得死
-Noah:Thanks for your help, West .
谢谢你的帮忙,韦斯特
Now go on home to your family.
现在回家去
-West:No way!
no way: 绝不
我不回去
I'm going with you.
我要和你一块儿去
-Noah:No, it's too dangerous.
dangerous:危险的
不行,太危险了
-West:Exactly, and I'm the quickest way to get Claire out of there.
我知道,我能带克莱尔以最快的速度离开那儿
-Noah:All right.
好吧
You can wait for me in the car, okay?
wait for: 等待,等候
在车里等我,好吗
-Sandra:They say girls tend to find boys just like their dads.
tend to:倾向于,常常
有人说女孩儿会喜欢上类似她们父亲的男孩儿
-Noah:Because he can fly?
就因为他会飞?
No, her real dad.
不,我说的是她真正的父亲
You.
你
All he cares about is protecting her.
他也是一心想保护她
-Noah:If anything happens...
如果出了什么事儿…
-Sandra:Nothing' is gonna happen,
不会有事的
Except you bringing Claire back.
except: 除了…之外 bring back: 带回某人或某物
你会把克莱尔带回来的
-Hiro:I suppose this is... Goodbye
suppose: 假定,猜想,以为
我想这是永别了
-Kaito:I've never... time traveled before.
我从未时间穿梭过
I'm proud of you, son.
be proud of: 自豪,高兴
儿子,我为你骄傲
-Hiro:Goodbye father.
别了,父亲
Please give my love to mother.
请代我向母亲致爱意
-Kaito:Of all of them... I never expected it would be you.
所有人里面我最没有想到的就是你
-Ando: Kaito! Kaito! Kaito!
海东! 海东! 海东!
-Hiro:You were right, Ando.
安藤 , 你是对的
I can’t save him.
我救不了他
But I can learn who killed him.
learn:获悉,得悉
但是我可以知道是谁下的毒手
Takezo Kensei
宫本武藏
-Ando: It can't be.
这怎么可能
-Angela:If you visit me one more time, detective Parkman, I'll expect you to make an honest woman out of me.
detective:侦探 honest: 诚实的
如果你再来看我一次的话。Parkman侦探,我想你就把我变成一个诚实的女人了
-Matt:That is the plan actually.
actually:实际上
实际上这里有个计划
- Angela:Are you going to try to read my mind again?
你又想读我的思想么
I knew your father when he could do it.
在你父亲那样做的时候我就认识他了
I'm even less impressed with you.
impress:使…有印象,影响 impress with: 把…印在…上,因…获得好印象
我甚至对你都有一些印象
-Matt:Those marks that you have all over you,
mark:疤痕,印记特征 all over: 到处
你身上的那些伤痕
My father made you do that to yourself, didn't he?
是我父亲强迫你给自己做的,是吗
Did you know him, when his mind reading became something more?
你是否认识他,当他具有了除读取人心智的其他的能力的时候?
When pull became push, and then he realized
pull:拉,拖 push:推,挤,强迫 realize:察觉,领悟
当从思维的取出变成放入,他开始发现
He could put a thought into anyone's head?
他还能将思想加进别人脑子里
- Angela:Don't do this.
别这样
-Matt:You are gonna answer
gonna:=going to,将要
那你就如实回答
Every question I have truthfully.
truthfully:如实地,深信不疑地
我的问题
For once.
就一次
Who really killed Kaito Nakamura?
到底是谁杀了中村海东?
- Angela:It was Adam.
是亚当
-Matt:Adam? Monroe?
亚当? 梦露?
Your son told me that you and your friends locked him up 30 years ago.
lock up:上锁(封锁,监禁),将…锁住,关押 lock: 上锁
你儿子告诉我说你和你朋友30年前就囚禁他了
Why?
为什么?
- Angela:He was dangerous.
他很危险
-Matt:Dangerous how? Like a bomb?
bomb:炸弹
有多危险? 像颗炸弹吗?
- Angela:No, worse.
worse:更坏的,更差的
不,更严重
We thought he was just able to heal.
heal:愈合 be able to: 能,会
我们刚开始只是认为他只是能自愈
Cellular regeneration.
cellular:细胞的 regeneration:再生,重生
细胞再生之类的
-Matt:Like Claire, your granddaughter.
granddaughter:孙女,外孙女
就像你孙女克莱尔似的
- Angela:What we didn't know is that if your cells continually regenerate,
cell:细胞 continually:不断的,持续的 regenerate:再生
我们不知道的是如果细胞持续不停的再生
After a while, you stop growing old.
after a while: 不久,过一会儿
过段日子 你就会长生不老
-Matt:What's old?
多少算老?
- Angela:400 years.
400岁
-Matt:Do you know where Adam is now?
你知道亚当现在在哪吗?
- Angela:All I know is that he wants revenge
revenge:报仇,报复
我只知道他满心想复仇
For locking him up, and he's not gonna rest until all of us are dead.
gonna: going to,将要 rest: 休息,停止
就因为我们囚禁了他,除非我们都死了,他不会停手的
-Matt:All of you are, except for you, Bob,
except:除了…之外 except for: 除了…之外
你们全部的人是指,除了你,鲍勃
My dad and this woman in the photo.
我父亲,还有照片中的这个女人
Who is this woman?
这女子是谁?
- Angela:Please...don't do this.
求你了,别再问了
-Matt:I need you to tell me the truth.
tell the truth: 说实话 truth: 真相
我需要你说实话
- Angela:The truth... the truth... is that our generation mortgaged our souls to protect yours.
generation:代,一代 mortgage:抵押 soul:心灵,灵魂 protect:保护,全力保护
实话,实话就是…我们这一代人出卖了自己的灵魂来保护你们这代人
Show a little respect for that.
respect:尊敬,尊重
所以放尊敬些
Get over your daddy issues and leave us be!
get over:传送,做完,克服(困难等),解决(问题等) issues:问题,争点
带上关于你父亲的问题,别来烦我们!
-Matt:That's all I want. Believe me.
相信我,这也是我所期望的
But Adam is still out there, and this woman is on his list.
但是亚当依然逍遥法外,而这名女子上了他的黑名单
Tell me the truth.
说实话
Who is she?
她是谁?
- Angela:All she wants is to be left alone.
leave alone: 不打扰,不插手,不管,不理
她只希望能够免受打搅
I made her a promise.
make a promise: 允诺
我向她保证过
If you take this secret from me, you’re not just like your father...
secret: 秘密
如果你得到了关于她的秘密,你就不仅是像你父亲
You are him.
你就是他了
-Noah:What kind of car do you drive?
你驾驶什么车?
-West:Excuse me?
你说什么?
-Noah:I know you can fly, but you're still a teenager.
我知道你能飞,但你还是小年青
You do have a car, right?
你应该有辆车吧?
-West:Yeah, it's a piece of crap SUV.
SUV:越野车简称 crap: 废物 a piece of: 一块【一辆】
是的,是辆破越野车
-Noah:I drove a '52 Citroen when I was your age.
Citroen: 雪铁龙
我像你这么大的时候 开雪铁龙52
-West:Oh, those things are awesome.
awesome:引起敬畏的,可怕的,棒极了
那车可不简单
-Noah:Now once we get Claire, you fly her out immediately.
immediately:立即,一…就 fly over: 突然冲出,乘飞机去遥远的地方
我们一接到克莱尔,你马上带她飞离这里
No matter what else happens.
no matter what: 无论如何,不管怎样
不管发生什么情况
You understand me?
你明白吗?
-West:Yes, sir.
明白
-Bob:It doesn't have to be this way, Noah.
诺亚,你完全不必这样
-Claire:Dad, the painting!
painting:水彩画,油画
老爸,那幅画!
-West:Aah!
阿
-Noah:Claire!
克莱尔!
-Bob:Elle!
艾儿!
-Noah:No matter what I do... we'll always be running.
不管我怎么做,我们始终在不停的逃亡
But if you die, Bob... the company dies with you.
die with: 伴有…而死,随着某人的死而消失,丧失
但是如果你鲍勃死了的话,组织就随你而消亡了
-Suresh:Please, don't do this.
求你了,别开枪
-Claire:Dad!
爸爸!
-Claire:The last thing I really said to my dad...
我和我爸说的最后一句话是
Was "I hate you."
hate: 厌恶,憎恨
我恨你
-West:You didn't mean it.
这不是你的本意
-Claire:No, I did.
不,我确实这么做了
I keep playing it over and over.
over and over: 再三,反复
我一直当耳边风,掉以轻心
How I'll never get a chance to take it back.
chance:机会 take back:拿回(退回,接受),收回
再也没有机会挽回了
Holy.
holy: 神圣的,纯洁的,虔诚的
上帝啊
-Hiro:I refuse to eulogize my father.
refuse:不愿,拒绝 eulogize:称赞,颂扬
我拒绝对父亲的颂扬仪式
To eulogize him is to admit he is gone.
admit:允许进入,承认
是因为这样做就等于承认他的离去
My father is not dead...
家父并没有离去...
Kaito Nakamura taught me right from wrong.
中村海东先生教会了我识别是非
What it means to be a hero
mean:意味着 hero:英雄
成为英雄的意义
So long as the lessons live on through me
so long as: 只要 live on: 继续存在,继续活着,住在…上
还有那些永远铭记在心的教诲
He will never die...
他永远活在我们心头...
My father taught me to understand that certain things are in God's hands.
家父让我认识到命运都是天注定的
But for everything else god has given us the gift of choice
但是天下诸事老天都赐予了我们选择的权利
My father gave me the tools to fight the battles ahead.
tool: 工具,用具,本领,功夫 fight: 战斗,争斗 battle: 战斗,战役 ahead: 在…面前
家父传给了我与命运斗争的本领
Every hand I extend in kindness is his hand.
extend: 给予,提供,发出 kindness: 亲切,仁慈
每一次善意的出手相助
And every blow that I strike for justice is his fist.
strike: 罢工,攻击,袭击 strike for: 为争取…而罢工 justice: 正义,公正 fist: 拳头 blow: 爆炸
每一次为了正义的挥拳相争
So long as the lessons he taught stay with me.
都像他对我的教诲一样永世难忘
And so long as he lives on in my heart.
他在我心中永垂不朽
Then my father is never truly dead.
truly: 真正地
如此 , 家父从未真正离去过
词汇解析:Sara 校对:Jamie


评 论