提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
看 Lie to me 学英语第二季 9集
-Host: Some of the best of the pokers in the world have arrived.
poker: 扑克手,玩扑克的人
几个当世最强的扑克选手已经到了
to battle for the 2009 Poker World Championship chip rate.
battle for: 争夺 championship: 竞标赛,冠军称号 chip rate: 【殊荣,价值很高的筹码】
来争夺2009年扑克冠军的殊荣
Let's meet your host
这位是今天的主持人
the most powerful man of Las Vegas strip, the owner of Nouveau Royale Hotel Casino,
strip: 脱衣舞
拉斯维加斯脱衣舞俱乐部巨头新皇家酒店赌场的主人
Hugh Ellis How are you?
Hugh Ellis你好吗?
Let's meet the players.
下面选手出场
First up is the lovely Poppy Wells.
首先上场的是可爱的Poppy Wells
Poppy brings a sizeable chip stack and quite a view to the Final Table.
sizeable: 相当大的 chip: 筹码 stack: 一堆 final table: 决赛桌上
Poppy带了可观的一大堆筹码而她本人也是决赛桌上的一道景观
And here comes the Russian playboy Vas Belanov!
这位是俄罗斯玩家Vas Belanov
-Jake: I appreciate your help, Mr. Tostevin.
appreciate: 感激,感谢
谢谢你的帮助 Tostevin先生
-Tostevin: Hey, I get paid for my services, kid.
嘿我收你钱了孩子
No thanks required. Get a good night's sleep.
不需要感谢,睡个好觉
The hard work starts tomorrow, ok?
明天还有艰巨的任务好吗?
-Host: In his sixth Final Table appearance,
appearance: 出现,露面
下面这位第六次出现在决赛桌
It is my honor to introduce to you,
honor: 荣幸
我很荣幸地向大家介绍
from Springfield, Massachusetts, poker legend Mason Brock.
legend: 传奇
来自马萨诸塞州Springfield的扑克传奇Mason Brock
-Tostevin: Shut up!
闭嘴!
-Killer: What are you doing here?
你在这儿干吗?
-Tostevin: What do you mean, what am I doing here?
什么意思我在这儿干吗?
You have no right to ask me what I'm doing here.
right: 权力
你没权力问我这个问题
-Killer: It’s none of your business.
跟你没关系
-Host: After a nail-biter showdown with Ricky Nguyen
nail-biter: 【紧张激烈的比赛】 showdown: 摊牌
Ricky Nguyen以一击令人窒息的翻牌
to make it to this Final Table,
赢得了决赛桌的一席
here comes the rock star of the South American poker scene, Amadeo Valdez.
rock: 摇滚 scene: 场
这位是南美扑克现场摇滚明星:Amadeo Valdez
-Tostevin: Get out of here!
滚开!
-Host: And last, but definitely not least,
definitely: 绝对的
最后但绝非最差
the lone amateur to make it to the Final Table,
amateur: 业余选手
决赛桌上唯一的业余选手
the Golden Boy from Evergreen Park, Illinois.
来自伊利诺伊州长Evergreen公园的金童
Where's that, you ask? No one knows.
也许你要问他在呢? 没人知道
This kid came out of nowhere to sweep through the early rounds
come out of nowhere: 【没有来处,凭空出来】 sweep through: 横扫、迅速蔓延 early rounds:【前几轮】
这孩子凭空而出席卷牌桌
In a merge as chip leader.
merge: 合并
完全一副筹码大王的姿态
It's been 3 months since he conquered over 6,000 players
conquer: 战胜,克服
他3个月中战胜了6000名选手
to make it to this, the Final Table of the 2009 poker world championship.
一路杀到2009年扑克牌世界大奖赛的决胜桌
Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
Jake Hartman!
Jake Hartman
-Amadeo: Where's the hell the kid?
hell: 该死,见鬼(表示惊奇、愤怒、失望等)
那孩子到底在哪儿
-Lightman: Missing.
失踪了
And you lot are the prime suspects in his disappearance.
prime: 首要的 suspect: 嫌疑犯 disappearance: 消失
而你们这些人是最大的嫌疑犯
-Mason: I'll be damned. Never thought I'd live to see it.
damned: 被诅咒的
见鬼想不到亲眼见到了
-Poppy: See what?
见到什么?
-Mason: The day they let Cal Lightman back in Vegas.
Cal Lightman被允许回到维加斯了
-Hugh: If you don't cooperate fully with Dr. Lightman,
cooperate with: 配合
如果你们不充分配合Lightman博士
you won't be at the Final Table when we go live in 32 hours.
live: 直播
32小时后直播时你们就不可能坐在决赛桌旁
You got it? They're all yours.
明白吗? 他们都交给你了
-Lightman: Professional liars.
professional: 职业的 liar: 说谎者
职业说谎家
That's a treat.
这样吧
I think I'll start with Jake first, actually.
我想首先从Jake开始
I'd like to see his room,
我想看一下他的房间
meet the missis.
missis: 妻子
见见女主人
-Hugh: Cal, there is a time pressure here,
pressure: 压力,压迫
Cal 现在时间很紧
and if anyone from the Final Table is involved,
involved: 涉及到,卷入到
如果涉及到决赛桌上的人
folks are gonna say the championship is rigged.
folk: 人们 gonna=going to rigged: 作弊的
人们会认为比赛存在作弊行为
I could lose the whole thing to another casino.
casino: 赌场
我的全部家当都要输给另一家赌场
Worst case, I lose my gaming license.
license: 执照
最坏的情况是我会被吊销赌场执照
-Lightman: Oh, we can't have that, can we?
哦不会那样好吗?
-Hugh: Here's the deal.
就这样定了
You find Jake, get him to the Final Table,
找到Jake 把他带到决赛桌来
there's a half a million bonus in it for you.
bonus: 奖金
你会得到50万奖金.
-Lightman: Why is he so important to you, again?
再问一下为什么对你那么重要?
-Hugh: I just told you.
我刚告诉你了
-Ben: So what's the history with these two?
这两个人有什么前科?
-Foster: Ellis had Lightman banned from Vegas.
ban: 禁止
Ellis和Lightman被禁止进入维加斯
-Ben: The entire city?
entire: 整个的,全部的
整个城市?
-Foster: Cal won a lot of money from some very important customers.
customer: 顾客
Cal赢了一些重要客户很多钱
His scientific abilities weren't considered sporting.
ability: 能力
他的科技能力被判不符合竞技规范
-Ben: Well, you ban somebody from an entire city, that's personal.
嗯个人被禁止进入整个城市
-Foster: Well, there may have been a situation with Ellis' girlfriend at the time.
situation: 困难处境
嗯那段时间对 Ellis的女朋友是个挑战
Vegas doesn't bring out the best in Cal.
bring out: 显示出
维加斯没有带给Cal最好的一面
Ben, keep an eye on him while we're here
keep an eye on sb.: 留意…
Ben 注意看着他点
and don't let him gamble, ok?
gamble: 赌博
不要让他赌好吗?
-Ben: Why? So he won't win?
为什么? 那样他就不会赢了?
-Foster: He wins at poker, but it's no fun for him.
poker: 扑克
他可以应扑克但他没兴致
-Ben: What's his game?
那他玩什么?
-Foster: Roulette. Unpredictable, purely driven by chance,
roulette: 转盘赌 unpredictable: 不可预测的 purely: 单纯的,纯粹的 by chance: 偶然,意外的
轮盘赌不可预测纯粹随机
and the worst odds in the casino.
odd: 胜算,几率 casino: 赌场
赌场中胜率最小的
-Lightman: God, I miss this.
天呐我真想来一把
-Lightman: Think I’ll put a bet on...
我会赌那个...
-Hugh: I did not bring you here to indulge your bad habits,
indulge: 放纵,满足
我带你来不是纵容你的坏习惯的
and you will be stopped if you try to leave my property.
property: 财产
如果你想动我的财产会被制止的
-Lightman: What, you don't want your buddies to find out?
buddy: 伙伴,朋友
什么不想找到你的人了?
-Hugh: It's Vegas. They already know.
在维加斯
But it's better for the both of us if you keep a low profile.
keep a low profile: 保持低姿态
如果你能保持低调对我们都好
-Ben: That's my cue. I'll see you suckers later.
cue: 信号,暗示 sucker: 容易上当的人,傻瓜
下一曲是我的再见傻瓜
-Foster: No, no, where are you going?
别别你去哪儿?
-Ben: Hey, a free private plane ride to Vegas.
private: 私人的,私有的
嘿私人飞机到维加斯
My mama aren't raised no fool.
raise: 养育
我妈生的又不是傻瓜
And as far as I can tell,
在我看来
there's no crime here, so...
crime: 案件,犯罪
这里根本什么罪案...
-Lightman: Hey, I brought you here to work.
我是带你来工作的
-Ben: Yeah, I'll work when there's something for me to do.
是的有活干的时候我会工作的
But until then, right now I'm feeling lucky, ok?
但现在我觉得真走运好吗?
-Lightman: Hey, I'm not done with you yet.
嘿你还没干完活呢
Say it... "But I'm done with you." Say it loud.
loud: 大声的
说... "我干完活了" 大声说
-Ben: But I'm done with you.
我干完活了
-Lightman: Good. Now, take this.
好拿着
Put it all on double zero on the roulette, will you?
roulette: 转盘赌
轮盘赌全押在双零(一个下注点)上好吗?
-Ben: All of it?
全押
-Lightman: Yeah, All of it.
是的全押
-Ben: The whole thing.
全部
-Lightman: Yeah. Don't let Foster find out? All right?
find out: 发现
不要让Foster发现,好吗?
-Ben: All right.
好的
-Lightman: Do you believe that guy?
guy: 家伙,朋友,人
你相信那家伙吗?
-Hugh: Let's go, Lightman.
走吧 Lightman
-Lightman: Your husband is a star.
star: 明星
你丈夫是个明星
-Macey: Jake would never just leave us.
Jake不会抛下我们
He loves us. Please find him.
他爱我们请找到他
-Lightman: I think you should just call the police.
我觉得你可以报警
-Hugh: If you think that's necessary, Cal,
如果你觉得有必要 Cal
but I think you're more than qualified to find him yourself.
qualified: 有资格的,合格的,能胜任的
但我认为你完全有能力自己找到他
-Lightman: This one told you not to, didn't he?
这人不让你报警是吗?
-Hugh: Macey just didn't think it was necessary once I hired you.
hire: 雇用
Macey认为没必要因为我雇了你
-Lightman: Well, here's the thing.
嗯情况是这样
Mr. Ellis here doesn't want the police involved
involved: 涉及到,卷入到
Ellis先生不想让警察介入
because you're husband's a commodity,
commodity: 商品
出于对你先生利益的保护
One he's put a lot of effort into packaging.
package: 包装
一个他寄予很大希望的人
He wants him back at the Final Table,
final table: 决赛桌
他希望他回到决赛桌
but without the bad publicity.
publicity: 宣传,宣扬
但不要扩大影响
-Hugh: He said the police wouldn't take me seriously.
take …seriously: 认真对待…
他说警察不会拿我的话当真
People wander off in Vegas all the time, He said.
off in: 进进出出
他说人们一直在维加斯进进出出
-Lightman: You know, well, that bit's true... too.
嗯这确实是事实
I just wanted us all to be clear on our motives here. All right?
motive: 动机
我只是想让我们都明白各自的动机,好吗?
-Lightman: Yeah?
嗯?
-Foster: There's a young man missing.
一个年轻人失踪了
Let's focus on that and not on Ellis
focus on: 专注于…
我们专注这个吧不要紧盯Ellis
or anything from the past, ok?
或者过去什么事好吗?
-Lightman: One job is Vegas isn't going to turn me back into an inveterate gambler.
inveterate: 积习的,成癖的 gambler: 赌徒
有件事是维加斯没把我变成一个赌徒
-Foster: Of course not. But you have to understand the pull that this town has on you.
pull: 牵引力
当然没有但你要明白这座城市对你有巨大的吸引力
-Lightman: Things change.
世事变了
-Foster: But people don't.
但人没变
-Lightman: You're smothering. There's no smothering in Vegas.
smothering: 过多的给予
你太溺爱了维加斯没有溺爱
-Lightman: Tell me about the last time you saw your husband.
告诉我你最后见到你丈夫的时间
-Macey: 2 nights ago.
2天前
He'd been running practice hands for hours,
running: 连续的
他练了几个小时的手
and I was going to bed,
我要上床睡觉了
and he said he had to run to the lobby and meet one of the other players.
lobby: 大厅
他说他要到大厅去见一个选手
That's it.
就这样
-Lightman: I think you're right. I don't think your husband would leave on his own.
on his own: 自己
我想你是对的我也不认为你丈夫会自己离开
-Macey: He loves us so much, me and the baby.
他非常爱我们我和孩子
-Lightman: Also, he loves this.
同时他也爱这个
-Lightman: You four are some of the best liars in the world, right?
liar: 说谎者
好吧你们四个是世界上最会撒谎的人对吧?
Well, you have to be, otherwise you wouldn't be sitting at this table,
otherwise: 否则
嗯你们肯定是否则你们也不会坐在这里
Would you?
对吧?
I've got to tell you up front,
front: 在前面
我事先要告诉你们
It's not gonna be a fair fight.
fair: 公平
这不会是一场公平的斗争
I mean, you can dodge all you like, but come down to it,
dodge: 躲闪,避开 come down to: 沦落到…
你们可以掩饰但终究会露馅的
I'm gonna win.
gonna= going to
而最终胜利的人是我
Just ask Mason what it's like to tangle with me.
tangle with: 争吵,有纠葛
问问Mason就知道跟我纠缠会是什么结果
-Mason: It used to be a hell of a lot more fun in the old days, Cal.
hell: 地狱
过去的日子就像是充满乐趣的地狱 Cal
In my experience, a young guy like this,
以我的经验一个像这样的年轻小伙子
about to win a couple of million bucks,
a couple of: 几个 buck: 钱
将要赢得几百万大钞
either finding himself in God or losing himself in a woman.
要么把自己送去见上帝要么栽在女人手里
Search the Bunny Ranch.
Bunny Ranch: 兔女郎山庄(合法妓院) bunny: 小兔子 ranch: 牧场
去搜搜兔女郎山庄(合法妓院)
-Ben: The old-timer's got a point there.
old-timer: 老前辈
老家伙说的有理
-Lightman: I'll be right back.
我马上回来
-Ben: Here. You are a winner, my friend.
给你你赢了我的朋友
-Lightman: Nice work. It was Double Zero, right?
好极了是双零对吧?
-Ben: Nah, I wasn't feeling that. I put it on 14, my mother's birthday.
不我感觉不是我押在14上面是我妈妈的生日
-Lightman: I told you to put it all on Double Zero.
我让你压在双零上的
-Ben: So you'd rather lose with your number than win with mine?
would rather… than…: 宁愿…也不…
这么说你宁可用你的号码去输也不愿意用我的号码去赢?
-Lightman: eah. Something like that, yeah.
是的差不多是这样对
-Ben: That makes no sense.
make sense: 有道理,说得通
这根本没道理
-Lightman: Yeah?
那又怎么样?
Go back, do it again.
回去再押一回
Go on, buzz off.
buzz off: 匆忙离去,快去
继续快去
-Ben:The.
且...
-Lightman: Right. Uh...
好吧呃...
Well, let's, uh, start with you, Mason.
那么让我们呃从你开始 Mason.
What did you do to the kid?
你对那个孩子做了什么?
-Mason: The kid's no threat to me. Why would I do anything to him?
threat: 威胁
那个孩子对我没什么威胁我为什么要对他做什么?
-Lightman: Well, an empty chair at the table
这个赌桌旁边空一个座位
earns you an extra 500 grand,
extra: 额外的,附加的 grand: 一千美元
你就可以多赢50万
plus a better shot at the other half million.
shot: 十拿九稳的赌注
再加上另外50万可以下个好赌注
-Vas: Everyone here wins or loses millions every day. No big deal.
big deal: 大事
这里的每个人每天都输赢上百万没什么大不了
-Amadeo: Vas thinks he's unbeatable.
unbeatable: 不可战胜的
Vas认为他自己不可战胜
-Vas: I am. - How many investors do you have, hmm?
investor: 投资者
我是不可战胜你有几个投注人嗯?
-Amadeo: I don't need money from other people to back me.
back: 支持,下赌注
我不需要别人的钱来支持我
That's why I'm the best.
我不需要别人的钱来支持我
-Mason: Yeah, even after 5 Vodka tonics?
vodka: 伏特加 tonics: 补药
是的甚至在喝了5瓶伏特加酒药之后?
-Lightman: All right, what does it say about you lot
好吧关于你们的很多传言
that an Illinois farm boy
那个伊利诺斯州的农场男孩
can come out here with no experience,
初来乍到毫无经验
no investors, no craft,
craft: 手艺
没有投资人没什么技能
and slaughter you?
slaughter: 屠杀,消灭
slaughter: 屠杀,消灭
却横扫了你们?
-Torres: So I'm leaving work early,
这样我可以早点下班了
maybe get a pedicure on the way home.
pedicure: 修指甲
也许回家路上再去做个指甲
-Loker: It's good we're not in Vegas.
太好了我们不在拉斯维加斯
-Torres: Oh, I can catch up on my reading.
catch up: 赶上
哦我可以赶上我的阅读进度
-Loker: I have a date tonight.
date: 约会
我今晚有约会
-Torres: Oh.
哦
-Loker: A third date.
第三次约会
-Doug: Come on.
行了
-Loker: Sorry, Doug.
对不起 Doug
-Torres: With a girl?
跟一个女孩?
A human girl?
human: 人类,人类的
一个人类女孩?
-Loker: Oh, ha ha. You're so... not funny.
哦哈哈你真... 没意思
Foster's sent us a video file to score.
video: 视频的 file: 文件 score: 评价
Foster发给我们一个视频文件来分析
-Torres: Oh, one file shouldn't take too long.
哦一个文件不会花太长时间
-Loker: Oh, no.
哦不
-Torres: I hope your date's patient.
patient: 耐心的
我希望你的女孩有耐心
-Loker: No.
她没有
-Lightman: You feeling a little guilty there, Poppy?
guilty: 内疚的,有罪恶感的
你感觉有点内疚 Poppy?
-Poppy: Am I feeling guilty? Or sad?
我会觉得内疚? 或者悲哀?
They're quite similar, aren't they?
similar: 相似的
这两者很接近是吗?
Jake is my friend. Shouldn't I be feeling sad that he's missing?
Jake是我的朋友他失踪我感到难过难道不应该吗?
-Lightman: What happened to him?
他怎么了?
-Poppy: Do you miss Vegas?
你怀念维加斯吗?
-Lightman: No. Well... Yeah... no, I lied. Yeah. Yeah, just a little bit.
不这个... 是... 不我撒谎了是的是的有那么一点
Don't tell anyone, right?
别告诉任何人好吗?
-Poppy: You can trust me.
trust: 相信,信任
你可以信任我
-Lightman: Tell me the truth.
告诉我事实
-Poppy: Can't you see the truth?
你看不出事实吗?
You can't, can you?
你看不出你能吗?
You can't read me and you like that.
你解读不出我而且你喜欢这样
You like my poker face, Dr. Lightman?
poker face: 面无表情的人,一本正经的表情
你喜欢我深藏不露的表情对吗 Lightman博士?
Ok, the truth.
好吧,事实是
Jake's had 3 months to imagine playing at the Final Table
imagine: 想象
Jake有三个月的时间去想象他自己参加决赛局
and everything it means. His whole life is gonna change.
gonna= going to
和所有的一切意味着什么他的一生会因此而改变
He just wanted to talk to somebody,
他只是想跟别人谈谈
somebody's who's gonna tell him it's all gonna be ok.
一个可以告诉他这一切都会很好的人
-Lightman: He trusted you.
他信任了你
-Poppy: So I met him at a little place down the strip,
strip: 脱衣舞俱乐部
所以我跟他在脱衣舞酒吧旁边的一个小地方见了面
made him feel better for half an hour, and left.
让他感觉好受了半个小时然后我就走了
-Lightman: How many times in the last 3 months
在过去的三个月里你多少次
did you manipulate his confidence in the guise of being his friend?
manipulate: 操纵,操控 guise: 假装,伪装
假装作为一个朋友操控他恢复自信心?
-Poppy: I wouldn't manipulate Jake.
我没有操控Jake
-Lightman: Whoa. Excellent. That's righteous indignation.
righteous: 正义的 indignation: 愤怒
哇很好那是真正的义愤填膺
It's also total nonsense.
total: 完全 nonsense: 荒谬的
这也根本没有道理
I think you worked him.
我想你做了他的工作
I think you'd do everything you could
我想你尽了一切可能
to convince him that winning
convince: 说服,劝说
去说服他这场胜利
was more of a curse than a blessing
curse: 诅咒 bless: 祝福,福音
更像是一个诅咒而不是上天的眷顾
to get an advantage at the Final Table.
advantage: 优势
以致让你自己能够在决赛局中可以占上风
I mean, it's brilliant, as far as strategies go.
brilliant: 聪明的 strategy: 战略
我的意思是很聪明就像一个战略一样
-Poppy: Maybe I shouldn't have told you.
也许我不应该告诉你
-Lightman: Well, you had to. You needed me to trust you, right,
这个你必须告诉我你需要我来信任你对吧
so you shared a half-truth.
share: 分享
所以你跟我说了一半实话
-Foster: Cal. A call just came in to the production phone.
production: 成品
Cal刚刚有个电话录了下来
Go ahead, Bob. Play it back.
play back: 回放
放出来 Bob 倒回去
-Phone call: We have Jake Hartman.
我们手上有Jake Hartman
We will return him for $2 million.
拿2百万来换他回去
This is a very small amount of money compared to what the casino earns.
amount: 数量 compared to: 和…相比
跟在赌场里可以赢到的钱来比这笔钱数量很少
We'd advise that you not tell the police.
我们建议你们不要报警
We will call back in 3 hours.
三个小时后我们再通话
-Ben: Mrs. Hartman, kidnapping makes this a federal case,
kidnap: 绑架 federal: 联邦的
Hartman太太绑架案够得上联邦调查案件了
and I've got the Las Vegas FBI field office running at full speed.
run at full speed: 以最快速度
我已经让拉斯维加斯方面的FBI全力以赴
-Macey: Why would anyone take my husband?
为什么有人要绑架我丈夫?
-Foster: Well, most likely it's someone who knows
这个好像有人已经知道
hat Mr. Ellis is willing to pay
Ellis先生愿意花钱
to have Jake at the Final Table.
让Jake回到决赛局
-Macey: Mr. Ellis is going to pay2 million dollars?
Ellis先生打算花2百万美元?
-Foster: The money is being bagged as we speak.
我们说话的时候钱应该已经用袋子装好了
And I'll be analyzing the ransom call.
analyze: 分析 ransom: 勒索赎金
我会分析这个敲诈电话
We're gonna figure out who did this.
figure out: 找出,认出
我们会找出是谁干的
-Ben: We're gonna do everything we can to get your husband back.
我们会尽全力把你的丈夫解救出来
-Macey: Where's Dr. Lightman?
Lightman博士在哪里?
-Lightman: Why $2 million, eh?
为什么要2百万嗯?
I mean, Ellis is willing to pay it, but $2 million?
willing to: 愿意
我的意思是 Ellis愿意出钱但是要200万?
Is that rage, Mr. Valdez?
rage: 愤怒
那是愤怒吗 Valdez先生?
-Amadeo: No.
不
-Lightman: But you're upset, aren't you,
upset: 不高兴的
但是你很生气是吗?
That Ellis is willing to drop 2 million to get the kid back?
drop: 扔
那个Ellis愿意白扔200万去把那个孩子换回来?
Is that it?
是那样吗?
-Amadeo: How long is this gonna take?
这还要花多长时间?
Me and my boys, we have a club opening to get to.
我和我的伙计们我们有个俱乐部的开业仪式要去参加
-Mason: All this guy cares about is cash and parties.
cash: 现金
这些伙计们只关心现金和酒会
No respect for the game.
并不尊重这个游戏
-Amadeo: That's not true.
这不对
I also care about fame.
fame: 名誉
我还关心名誉
And girls. And, of course, Vodka.
vodka: 伏特加
女人还有当然伏特加
-Lightman: Go lose some money. Go on, buzz off.
buzz off: 匆匆离去,快去,滚开
去输钱吧去吧快去
-Vas: Hello, beautiful lady.
你好漂亮的女士
-Amadeo: It'll never happen, Vas.
这不可能的 Vas
She's too good for you.
你配不上她
-Poppy: The way she walks, she's too good for anyone.
她走路的样子配得上任何人
-Lightman: That's not nice, Poppy.
那样不好 Poppy
-Poppy: Nice isn't fun.
好不代表好玩
-Loker: Oh! Look at that.
噢! 看呀
That's what we call a macro-expression.
macro-expression: 巨大的表情,宏观的表情
我们称之为宏表达式
She may as well stick her tongue down his throat.
stick down: 放下去,粘着 tongue: 舌头 throat: 喉咙
她不妨把舌头伸进他喉咙里
-Torres: No, she wants something from him.
不她要从他身上得到点什么
-Loker: Well, maybe she's just attracted to him.
attract: 吸引
呃也许她只是要吸引他了
-Torres: You are such an innocent, Loker.
innocent: 天真的
你太天真了 Loker
Tell me, this girl that you're dating,
跟我说说你约会的这个女孩子
where do you take her?
你准备带她去哪?
-Loker: Uh, tonight, Luigi's.
呃今晚 Luigi's
Last week, Meridiana,
上周 Meridiana
the week before that...
再上一周...
-Torres: No, no, no, no. You're doing this all wrong.
不不不不 你做的不对
How do you not know this?
你怎么会不知道?
-Loker: Ok, I know a lot... About dating.
好吧我知道很多... 有关约会的事情
-Torres: You think you are getting lucky tonight, don't you?
你觉得你今晚会有桃花运是吗?
Well, you are not.
呃你没有
100 bucks says she's dating you for the 5-star food.
buck: 美元 5-star: 五星级的
赌100美金她是因为五星级的食物才和你约会的
-Loker: Ok. If we're gonna bet,
bet: 打赌
好的如果要赌
I want your office for one week.
我要你办公室一周时间
-Torres: Well, in that case, I want your ant farm.
ant: 蚂蚁
呃那样的话我要你的蚂蚁农场
-Loker: It's a bet.
一言为定
-Lightman: I'm letting Amadeo go.
我要放Amadeo走
-Foster: No, no, don't do that.
不不别那么做
The ransom call is loaded with syntactical anomalies.
ransom: 勒索赎金 load with: 充满着… syntactical: 句法的 anomaly: 异常现象
恐吓电话里充满了句法异常
I'd expect more use of idiom for one thing,
idiom: 习语
我以为会出现更多习语
and it seems almost edited.
edit: 编辑
而看起来几乎是编辑过的
I think the person we're looking for's
look for: 寻找
我认为我们要找的那个人的
first language isn't English.
first language: 母语
母语不是英语
-Lightman: Well, I'm getting nothing from him.
呃我从他身上套不出任何东西
-Foster: Well, what are you getting from her, other than lust?
lust: 性欲,欲望
呃你从她身上得到欲望之外还得到了什么?
-Lightman: Excuse me?
对不起?
Well, she's still a suspect.
suspect: 嫌疑犯
呃她还是嫌疑人
-Foster: She's the female equivalent of roulette.
female: 女性的 equivalent: 等价物 roulette: 转盘赌
她是女性的轮盘赌
And you like the view.
你很喜欢那样的风景
-Lightman: It's a very nice view.
很好看的风景
You're smothering again.
smother: 窒息
你又在窒息了
Amadeo, wake up, wake up.
Amadeo 醒醒醒醒
You can go.
你可以走了
-Mason: Are you seriously keeping me here?
seriously: 认真的
你真的要留我在这?
-Lightman: Yes. You should consider that a compliment, Mason.
compliment: 赞美
是的你该当成赞美 Mason
-Amadeo: Adios, Amigos.
adios: (西班牙语)再见 amigo: 朋友
再见朋友
-Vas: Adios.
再见
Well, I'm happy to stay near Ms. Foster.
呃我很高兴待在Foster小姐旁边
-Lightman: Yeah, I'll bet you are.
是啊我猜也是
-Hugh: The kidnappers just called with the ransom drop.
kidnapper: 绑架者 ransom: 赎金 drop: 投放处
绑匪刚打电话说了交赎金的地点
-Ben: All right, let's go.
好出发
-Ben: Ok, that's our guy coming out with the ransom money.
好的出来拿着赎金的那个是自己人
All right, the bag is in place.
好的包放好了
Let me get a ready from everybody.
我想听到大家都说准备好了
-ManA: Ready.
准备好了
-ManB: Ready.
准备好了
-ManC: Ready.
准备好了
-Ben: All right, listen up. The kidnappers will know
好的听着绑匪知道
that there's surveillance cameras covering this whole area.
surveillance: 监视 area: 区域
监控探头可以覆盖整个区域
They'll have a strategy.
strategy: 策略
他们会有个计策
Keep your eyes open. Stay focused.
focus: 专注
睁大你的眼睛时刻注意
Oh, hey, before I forget...
噢嘿差点忘了...
You're a big winner.
你是个大赢家
Congratulations.
祝贺你
-Lightman: Double Zero, right?
双零,对吗
-Ben: Yeah, Double Zero.
是的,双零
-Lightman: Hey. What number did you bet on?
bet on: 下注
嘿,你押了什么数字?
-Ben: 23.Hey, it's Michael Jordan and Lebron James' number.
23。嘿迈克尔乔丹和勒布朗詹姆斯都是这个号码(两人均是NBA球星)
What do you want me to do?
你想要我怎么做?
-Lightman: I told you double zero. Here.
我跟你说双零给
-Ben: Listen, do you not get that I'm Mr. Lucky?
听着你没看出来我是幸运先生吗?
Do you want to lose?
你想要输?
You do not walk up to a roulette table
roulette: 转盘赌
你不该走到轮盘赌的桌子
and just bet it on double zero.
然后只押双零
You gotta feel it out.
你要感觉到才行
-Lightman: Nonsense.
nonsense: 荒诞之谈
胡说
-Ben: Yeah, well, this stack of money in my hand
stack: 堆
是的呃我手中的这包钱
says otherwise. Hold up.
other: 其他方面 hold up: 等一下
不是这么说的等等
What are Amadeo's boys doing here?
Amadeo的人在这儿干嘛?
-Lightman: Hailing a taxi?
hail: 打信号招呼(车、船)
叫车?
-Ben: Oh, listen up. I did some digging.
dig: 挖掘,研究
噢听着我做了些研究
The day before Jake disappeared, Amadeo switched rooms.
switch: 替换、转换
Jake失踪前一天 Amadeo换了房间
His new room is right next to Jake's.
他新的房间就在Jake隔壁
-Lightman: Amadeo's not involved in this.
involved: 被卷入的,有牵连的
Amadeo与此事无关
-Ben: Well, it looks like you just got played, doc.
呃看上去你被耍了博士
These have gotta be the dumbest kidnappers.
dumb: 蠢的,笨的
这些应该是最蠢的绑匪了
Move in, move in.
move in: 行动
行动行动
Get out of the cab! Freeze! FBI!
cab: 出租车 freeze: 站住不动
从车里出来! 别动! FBI!
Put your hands on the roof.
把你的手放在车顶
Turn around!
转过来!
Put your hands on the roof!
把你的手放在车顶!
-Ben: Amadeo Valdez! Open up! Open up! Put your hands up!
Amadeo Valdez!开门!开门!把手举起来!
Put your hands where I can see them!
把你的手放在我能看见的地方!
Put your damn hands up.
把你该死的手举起来
-Amadeo: What is this?
这是怎么了?
-Ben: You know what the hell this is.
hell: 见鬼了(表达愤怒、惊奇、失望等)
你该知道到底怎么了
Cuff him!
cuff: 给…带上手铐
铐起来!
-Amadeo: Why are you doing this?
你为什么这么做?
-Foster: Lightman.
Lightman.
-Lightman: What?
怎么了
-Foster: He's meticulous.
meticulous: 小心翼翼的
他很小心翼翼
Footage of the other players.
footage: 连续镜头,片段
其他选手的片段
-Lightman: He's been studying them.
他一直在研究他们
-Ben: Fixing onto us to pick up the ransom?
fix onto: 盯着 ransom: 赎金
盯着我们好去拿赎金?
You're not too swift.
swift: 敏捷的
你动作不是太快
Who's in the next room?
谁在隔壁房间?
-Ben: Jake. I told you that already.
Jake 我告诉过你
-Lightman: No, no, no. No. Not that one. That one.
不不不不不是那间那间
You know what my favorite poker phrase is?
phrase: 短语
你知道我最喜欢的打牌用语是什么吗?
-Ben: I don't know. All in? Open limp?
我不知道全下? 坐庄?
The nuts?
牌太好?
-Lightman: On tilt. It's so expressive.
输急了很有表现力
You want a pull. It's Amadeo's.
pull: 【来点(酒)】
你要喝一口吗是Amadeo的
-Mason: I don't drink.
我不喝酒
-Lightman: Yeah, you do.
是啊你喝
-Mason: Only an amateur lets frustration interfere with his game theory.
amateur: 也许选手 frustration: 挫折 interfere: 干扰 game theory: 博弈论
只有业余的人才会让挫败感扰乱自己的博弈理论
-Lightman: You think? Here. Have a drink. I insist.
insist: 坚持
你认为呢? 给喝一口我坚持
-Ben: That's right. It's water.
对了是水
Oldest trick in the book.
trick: 诡计、花招
书本里最老的骗局
But Amadeo sold you, didn't he?
但Amadeo出卖了你不是吗?
-Lightman: He's a liar.
他是个骗子
-Ben: Yeah.
是的
-Lightman: He's a fantastic liar, actually.
fantastic: 非常出色的 actually: 事实上
他实际上是位很了不起的骗子
When you thought he was partying next door,
当你觉得他在隔壁开派对的时候
he was wearing noise-reduction headphones,
noise-reduction: 减小噪音 headphones: 耳机
他正带着消音耳机
mapping out a strategy for every possible hand.
map out: 筹划
制定每一把可能的出牌策略
-Ben: Amadeo knows every play at that Final Table inside and out.
inside and out: 彻底的
Amadeo对决赛桌的每个人知根知底
-Lightman: But you're the one he considers a threat.
但他觉得你是个威胁
-Mason: Guess I'm flattered.
flattered: 感到荣幸的,过分夸奖的
我想过奖了
-Lightman: Fake drinking, constant talk of partying.
fake: 假的 constant: 不断地
假装喝酒不断谈论着派对
Changing his room to torture you with hideous music.
torture: 折磨 hideous: 可怕的
改变他的房间用讨厌的音乐折磨你
It's all calculated to drive you nuts.
calculate: 计算、计划 drive sb. nuts: 【使某人发疯】
这都是计划让你发疯的
He wanted your tilt at the Final Table.
tilt: 倾斜【失误】
他想让你在决赛桌上发挥失常
But you tilted ahead of schedule, didn't you?
schedule: 时间表
但你提前行动了是吗?
-Loker: So has Lightman broken down the old man yet?
break down: 制服
Lightman有没有搞定那老头?
-Foster: No, but he will.
没有但会搞定的
-Loker: Well, maybe I can be the hero of the day, then.
呃那我也许可以成为今天的英雄
This... was taken earlier this afternoon.
这... 是早前在今天下午录下的
Watch Mason's hands.
注意Mason的手
Now you see the cell phone, now you don't.
现在你看得到手机又看不到了
and now you do again. Ta-da.
现在又看到了嗒哒
-Ben: We've got it all on video, Mason.
我们都录下来了 Mason
You palmed Amadeo's cell phone
palm: 将…藏于掌中
你偷走Amadeo的手机
and texted his boys to pick up the ransom bag.
text: 给…发短信
给他的手下发短信让他们取赎金
-Mason: I'm not making it to the Final Table, am I?
我进不了决赛了是不是?
-Lightman: No. Afraid not.
不恐怕不行
-Mason: Come on, it was a prank.
prank: 恶作剧
拜托就是个恶作剧
I messed with Amadeo, he messed with me.
mess with: 干扰
我耍Amadeo 他也耍我
-Ben: You faked a kidnapping
fake: 伪造
你伪造了绑架
to give yourself a leg up to win $8.5 million.
give a leg: 助一臂之力
以助自己一臂之力好赢得850万美金
That's not a prank. That’s a crime.
这不是恶作剧这是犯罪
-Lightman: It wasn't about the money, though, was it?
你不是为那些钱是不是?
You didn't think that Amadeo deserved to sit at the Final Table with you.
deserve to: 值得
你不认为Amadeo有资格和你在决赛局一决高下
-Mason: He's a punk. He doesn't take the game seriously.
punk: 废物,年轻无知的人
他就是个混混不把游戏当回事
Well, that's what I thought, anyway.
呃不过这只是我的想法
He played this old gambler but good, didn't he?
gambler: 赌博
他赌博的手法很老但是很管用不是吗?
-Ben: Who did you get to make the ransom calls?
你让谁打恐吓电话的?
-Mason: Some drunken tourist.
drunken: 喝醉的 tourist: 游客
某个喝醉的游客
Gave him 1,000 bucks. People will do anything for the almighty dollar in this town.
buck: 钱 almighty: 万能的
给他1千块这里人们为了钱什么都愿意做
-Lightman: I got a question for you.
我有个问题
It's a yes-or-no question.
你就回答是不是
Did you have anything to do with Jake's disappearance?
你和Jake失踪有没有关系?
-Mason: No. 40 years ago that boy was me.
没有 40年前我也是他这样
Hell, even I'm rooting for him.
root for: 为…加油、支持
见鬼我甚至全力支持他
-Ben: Let's go, Mason. Come on.
我们走吧 Mason 快点
-Foster: Not to be smothering, But are you ok?
不是给你压力可你没事吧?
-Lightman: Yeah. Why wouldn't I be?
没事我为什么不呢?
-Foster: Well, you've known Mason a long time.
呃你认识Mason很久了
-Lightman: No, I knew him a long time ago.
不很久以前我认识他
That's a completely different thing.
completely: 完全的
这是两回事
I mean, he took a gamble and he lost. His choice.
我是说他鲁莽行事输掉了他的选择
-Foster: Speaking of gambles... She's Roulette. Stay away.
roulette: 转盘赌
说到赌博...她是转盘赌,离远点
-Lightman: You enjoying the show?
看了场好戏?
-Poppy: Very much.
是啊
Word is Ellis is having you followed
据说Ellis跟踪你
because he doesn't want you fleecing his big customers.
fleece: 欺诈
以防你敲他的大客户的竹杠
You really that good at harpooning whales?
harpoon whale: 捕鲸 harpoon: 用鱼叉叉
你这么擅长钓大鱼吗?
-Lightman: I used to be.
曾经是
-Poppy: Hmm, we should play sometime.
嗯我们哪天应该一起玩玩
-Lightman: My guess is we already are.
我猜我们已经在玩了
-Poppy: If your friend Foster as suspicious as you?
suspicious: 多疑的
你朋友Foster和你一样多疑吗?
-Lightman: More so.
更多疑
-Poppy: She doesn't like me.
她不喜欢我
-Lightman: Not at all.
一点也不喜欢
She fears women like you
她害怕你这样的女人
bring out the worst in me.
bring out: 带出
带出我最坏的一面
-Poppy: Promise?
你保证?
-Poppy: What is it?
那是什么
-Lightman: I'm not quite sure.
我也不确定
Fancy a field trip?
fancy: 想要… field trip: 实地考察
想出去遛一圈吗?
-Poppy: Is your bodyguard still out there?
bodyguard: 保镖
你的保镖还在外面吗?
-Lightman: Hey, how you doing? You all right?
嗨你好吗? 没事吧?
Yep. All right.
对,好吧
Rudy! Rudy! Do you still keep your ladies down at the bar at the Nouveau Royale?
Rudy! Rudy!你的女郎们还在Nouveau Royale楼下酒吧吗?
You do? How many you got?
还在? 你有几个?
I'll take 3.
我要3个
Yeah. You send them up to, um, the 28th floor. Yeah.
对你叫她们上来来呃第28层楼,对
There's a guy there. He's in a gray suit
这里有个人穿灰色套装
and he's a meathead.
meathead: 笨蛋、傻瓜
是个笨蛋
And just tell him that, um, he's getting married tomorrow.
就告他他明天要结婚了
Yeah. How long?
好,多久
Yeah, 15 minutes. 15 minutes, yeah.
好,15分钟,15分钟,好的
That's good. All right. Yeah, we'll talk.
行好的我们再说
All right, put it on my account.
account: 账户
好吧算我账上
-Poppy: What are we gonna do for 15 minutes?
那这15分钟我们干吗?
-Poppy: You only take me to the best places.
你只带我去最好的地方
-Lightman: Yeah.
对
-Poppy: The note with this address on it...
地址写在这里的那张便条...
do you think it came from Jake?
你觉得是Jake写的吗?
-Lightman: I don't know. Do you?
我不知道,你呢
-Poppy: Can we ever just have a normal conversation?
normal: 正常的 conversation: 对话
我们说话能正常点吗?
Oh, god. What is that smell? Oh, my god.
哦天啊什么味啊? 哦我的天
-Foster: You got the note early this morning?
你今早拿到便条的?
-Lightman: Yep.
对
-Foster: In your room?
在你房间?
-Lightman: Uh-huh.
恩
-Foster: And then you got some prostitutes
prostitute: 妓女
然后你让些妓女
to cause a distraction so you could sneak out of the hotel?
distraction: 注意力分散 sneak out: 偷偷溜出
来转移视线你好偷溜出宾馆?
-Lightman: Kind of ingenious, don't you think?
ingenious: 机灵的
很有才你不觉得吗?
-Ben: Foster, why can't you take it easy? We're in Vegas.
take it easy: 轻松点
Foster 别那么当回事了我们是在拉斯维加斯
-Foster: I just think it's a bad idea to antagonize Ellis. Among other bad ideas.
antagonize: 是…敌对
我只是觉得招惹Ellis不明智尤其还有其他的不智之举
-Poppy: I was happy to help.
我很乐意帮忙
-Lightman: She was.
她确实是
-Hugh: Dr. Foster, thank you for the call.
Foster博士,谢谢你的电话
-Foster: Sure.
没事
-Lightman: How was it with the ladies? Was it good?
和那些女人处得怎么样? 很好吧?
-Hugh: Is it Jake?
是Jake吗?
-Poppy: Abe.
是Abe
-Lightman: It's Abe Tostevin.
是Abe Tostevin
He was one of the best poker coaches in the country back in the day.
coach: 教练 back in the day: 曾经
他曾是国内顶级扑克教练之一
-Foster: So what happened?
他怎么了
-Lightman: He died.
他死了
-Hugh: Abe had a knack for pissing people off.
knack: 诀窍,本领 piss…off: 使…讨厌
Abe擅长激怒别人
A few years ago Vegas became untenable.
untenable: 不能维持的
几年前拉斯维加斯撑不住了
-Poppy: He worked with most of the greats until he nosedived.
nosedive: (名声)低落,(情况)突然变坏
他与很多大师共事直到那次一蹶不振
-Ben: The question is, what's the connection between Jake and Abe?
问题是 Jake和Abe有什么关系?
-Foster: Well, maybe he was coaching Jake.
coach: 指导
呃或许他教过Jake
-Hugh: Abe wouldn't show his face near the championship.
championship: 竞标赛
Abe不会参与和锦标赛有关的事的
-Ben: Well, in addition to Jake Hartman being a missing person,
in addition to: 除…之外
呃 Jake Hartman除了是个失踪人口
he's now also a murder suspect.
murder: 谋杀 suspect: 嫌疑犯
还是谋杀嫌疑人了
-Foster: You cared about him.
你在乎他
-Poppy: He gave me the only advice I ever needed.
他给了我唯一需要的建议
T-O-T-T. Tatas on the table. Won me a lot of pots.
totas: 散步 pot: 大笔现金
T-O-T-T 桌上要放松为我赢了很多钱
-Loker: Ok, now, look at the contraction of the orbicularis oculi pars lateralis.
contraction: 收缩 orbicularis oculi: 眼轮匝肌 lateralis: 【外侧的】
好的现在看看面部眼轮匝肌外部的收缩
With the smile, there,
这里的微笑
that's classic action unit 6.
是典型的第6运动单元
She's so into me.
她对我很着迷
-Torres: But, looking for someone better to talk to.
可是寻找更好的人交谈
That's bad.
这可不妙
-Loker: All right. Come here.
好吧看这里
I'll show you something that'll blow your mind.
blow one’s mind: 【吹醒…的头脑】
给你看个东西你就相信了
Oops! The lip lick.
lick: 舔
哎呀!舔嘴唇
The universal signal
universal: 全球的 signal: 信号
全球通用的信号
for " I want you. "
表明" 我想要你 "
Case closed. I win.
结案了我赢了
-Torres: Loker, I'm gonna let you in on one of the true rules of womanhood.
womanhood: 女人
Loker 告诉你女人世界的一个真正法则
-Loker: Cool.
酷
-Torres: If a guy's boring you,
bore: 使…无聊
如果一个男人让你觉得无聊
like you want to stick a fork in your eye boring,
stick: 刺,戳 fork: 叉子
无聊到让你想往眼睛里戳叉子了
a good lip lick can rattle him enough
lick: 舔 rattle: 唤醒,使…振作
舔嘴唇足以使他激动到
to change the conversation topic.
换个话题
-Loker: No. I was going on about the herd mentality in the Kenyan elk population.
herd mentality: 从众心理 Kenyan: 肯尼亚 elk: 麋鹿 population: 群
不我当时正在喋喋不休地说肯尼亚麋鹿群的从众心理
I'm not getting your office for a week, am I?
我没机会霸占你的办公室一星期对吗?
-Torres: Nope.
没有
-Loker: Ingrid's not dating me, she is dating my restaurant choices.
Ingrid看上的不是我而是五星饭店
-Torres: Yep.
是
-Loker: Oh, well.
哦,好吧
Treat them well.
好好待他们
-Lightman: Abe Tostevin is dead.
Abe Tostevin死了
-Amadeo: I thought that this was about Jake.
我以为这是关于Jake
-Lightman: Yeah, it is.
对没错
How'd you feel about Abe being back in town?
你如何看待Jake回来?
-Vas: I felt nothing. I didn't know.
我没看法,我不知道
-Amadeo: I met him once in Monte Carlo.
我在Monte Carlo(位于摩洛哥)见过他一次
You mean drunk?
你说喝酒?
-Lightman: You ever see Abe and Jake together?
你曾见过Abe和Jake在一起?
-Poppy: No. But I saw Abe 2 days ago. We had lunch together.
没,但我两天前见到过Abe,我们一起吃午饭。
-Lightman: Well, you could have told me about that earlier.
好吧你应该早点告诉我的
-Poppy: You didn't ask before.
你之前没问
-Lightman: Anything else you're keeping from me?
还有其他隐瞒我的吗?
-Vas: Your partner makes me light in the head.
你的同伴让我头晕目眩
Well, I have to begin my pregame ritual, so...
pregame: 赛前的 ritual: 仪式
好吧我必须去准备赛前仪式了所以...
Why don't you come and have blueberry pancakes with me?
blueberry: 蓝莓 pancake: 薄煎饼
为什么不来跟我一起吃蓝莓煎饼呢?
-Ben: You're not going anywhere. Sit down.
你哪儿也别去坐下
-Vas: That's a bit naughty, isn't it?
naughty: 淘气、不适当
这样有点不讲理不是吗?
-Lightman: Hitting on Foster here while your girlfriend's sitting right there.
hit on: (泡)女孩子
当着你女朋友的面勾引Foster
You two are, uh, you're, you know, sleeping together, are you?
你们两个呃你们上床了对吗?
-Poppy: Occasionally, but it doesn't mean anything.
occasionally: 偶尔
偶尔但这什么也不代表
-Vas: She sleeps with everyone.
她跟每个人上床
-Bob: This gets better and better.
越来越有意思了
-Lightman: This is not a sideshow, Bob.
sideshow: 穿插表演【杂耍】
这不是杂耍 Bob
Move on. Oh, I get it. I get it. You guys...
忙你的去喔我明白了我明白了你们...
You are the best liars in the world.
你们是世界上最出色的说谎者
Congratulations. Terrific.
terrific: 极好的
恭喜好极了
I'm bowled over.
bowl over: 击倒
我被打败了
Someone tell me something.
来个人告诉我
-Amadeo: Vas and I, we have a 10 grand prop bet
grand: 一千美金 prop: 支持
Vas和我我们赌一万美元
on whether he can get your partner into bed.
看他能否跟你的同伴上床
-Vas: Which is now off?
现在结束了
-Lightman: Arrest Poppy.
arrest: 逮捕
逮捕Poppy
-Ben: For what?
为什么
-Lightman: Murder.
谋杀
-Poppy: You're joking. He's joking.
joking: 开玩笑
你在开玩笑他在开玩笑
-Foster: Can I talk to you?
能和你谈谈吗?
-Lightman: She's a murderer. Arrest her.
murderer: 杀人犯
她是杀人犯逮捕她
-Ben: You sure this isn't one of your Double Zero bets?
你确信这不是你的一个双零赌注?
-Lightman: Reynolds.
Reynolds
-Ben: All right, come on, stand up. Put your hands behind your back.
好吧来吧站起来手背过去
You're under arrest for the murder of Abe Tostevin.
你因涉嫌谋杀Abe Tostevin被捕
-Ben: You know, you probably want to call a lawyer about this.
lawyer: 律师
你也许想找律师
Of course, you won’t be able to make bail till Monday.
bail: 保释
当然你周一之前不能获得保释
-Lightman: After the Final Table.
那会错过决胜局
-Poppy: Cal, I know you're mad at me, but don't do this.
be mad at: 对…恼火
Cal 我知道你对我不满但别这么做
-Lightman: Mad? What, should I be mad?
不满? 不满什么?
-Ben: I know I'd be mad.
我知道我已经疯了
-Poppy: Are you gonna stop this?
别这样了好吗?
-Foster: You started it. You're gonna have to stop it.
你开始的应该由你来结束
-Poppy: Fine. Fine.
好吧好吧
Jake wanted Macey to know he was OK,
Jake想要Macey知道他很好
but he didn't think it was safe to call her,
但他觉得打电话给她不安全
so he called my cell.
所以他打给了我
-Lightman: Truth at last. When?
终于说实话了什么时候?
-Poppy: An hour before we got together.
我们一起前一个小时
So I stopped a guy in the casino,
casino:赌场
所以我在赌场里叫住了一个人
told him to take that note to the front desk.
front desk: 前台
告诉他把纸条送到前台
-Lightman: To be delivered in the morning
deliver: 送达、传送
在你和我在一起的那个早晨送过去
when you planned to be with me, above suspicion, right?
suspicion: 怀疑
你好摆脱怀疑对吗?
-Poppy: I was gonna tell you all about it after the championship was over.
我本打算在冠军赛结束之后告诉你一切
-Foster: How thoughtful.
thoughtful: 体贴的
真是考虑周到
-Ben: Why is Jake hiding? What's he so afraid of?
hide: 躲藏
Jake为什么要躲藏? 他害怕什么?
-Poppy: No idea.
不知道
-Lightman: You seemed genuinely surprised when you saw Abe's body.
genuinely: 诚实的,真正的
看到Abe的尸体时你看起来的确很惊讶
-Poppy: Jake just said he saw something awful.
awful: 可怕的
Jake只是说他看到了一些可怕的东西
That's it. I didn't know it was Abe.
就这样我不知道是Abe
-Ben: If Jake called from wherever he's holed up,
hole up: 躲藏
不论Jake在哪里打电话
a trace will lead us right to him.
trace: 轨迹
我们都能跟踪到他
-Lightman: You let Jake's wife carry on thinking
你让Jake的妻子不停担心
he was, what, dead or worse.
他死了或者更糟
You really are a hawk with a bunny rabbit, aren't you?
hawk: 凶狠的人 bunny: 小兔子,可爱女郎
这样对待一个兔女郎真残忍不是么?
-Poppy: The Golden Boy missing from the Final Table...
那个金童从决胜局消失了...
That's worth at least an extra $400,000.
这至少值40万美金
I studied the numbers and made my decision,
我考虑了那个数字然后做了决定
same as always.
一如既往
-Macey: Jake? It's me, baby. Let me in.
Jake? 是我亲爱的让我进来
-Jake: What are you doing?
你在干什么?
-Macey: It's all right now.
现在没事了
-Lightman: Hey. All right?
嘿还好吧?
-Jake: I just wanted it to be over.
我只想了结它
-Ben: Which part, the fame or the fortune?
fame: 名气 fortune: 运气
那个部分名气还是运气?
-Jake: As soon as I made the Final Table, my life changed.
我进入决胜局之后生活改变了
-Ben: Yeah, knowing you were about to win
没错我知道你有可能赢
at least $1.5 million, that really sucks.
suck: 差劲
至少150万美元这真糟糕
-Jake: I didn't know who to trust. Everyone's different.
我不知道该信谁每个人都变了
-Lightman: Is that you talking or is that Poppy?
是你说的还是Poppy说的?
-Jake: I just want our old life back.
我只是想找回我们以前的生活
I don't even know this Abe guy.
我甚至不认识这个Abe
-Ben: Yeah, but you knew where to find his body.
是的但你知道在哪儿能找到他的尸体
-Jake: I stumbled across it.
stumble across: 偶然发现
我是偶然发现的
-Ben: Also you stumbled across the trunk of his car?
trunk: 汽车车尾的行李箱
你还偶然发现了他的车?
-Lightman: You know we found the murderer, right?
你知道我们找到了凶手是吗?
-Jake: You did?
你找到了?
-Lightman: Yeah. No, I lied.
是的不,我说谎了
When I lie, sometimes I do this.
我撒谎时有时我这样做
You... when you lie, you do this.
你... 你撒谎时你这样做
I think Poppy got close enough to you to figure that out.
figure out: 发现
我想Poppy和你足够亲近能发现这点
The others, I don't know, maybe.
其他人我不知道也许
That little move, the right cards in your hand,
那个小动作 靠你手里的一副好牌
you could make, what? 8 and a half million?
你可以赢多少? 850万?
That's why Abe was here.
所以Abe才来的
To coach you, help you win.
coach: 训练
来训练你帮助你赢
-Jake: Look, I don't care what you think you know.
看看吧我不在乎你以为你知道的东西
I'm not risking my family's safety.
risk: 冒险
我不会拿我家人的安全去冒险
And I don't know anybody named Abe.
并且我不认识什么叫Abe的人
-Amadeo: Stay tuned for more of the poker world championship...
stay tuned: 继续收看
请继续关注更多有关扑克牌世界大奖赛...
-Director: All right, cut.
好了切断
-Lightman: Excuse me. Do it again.
借过再来一遍
-Poppy: If you wanted me in handcuffs,
handcuffs: 手铐
如果你想让我带手铐
You could have just asked.
直接和我说么
-Lightman: We found Jake. He was hiding out.
我们找到了Jake,他躲了起来
He saw Abe's murder. He just got scared.
scared: 害怕的
他目睹了Abe被谋杀,他很害怕
-Poppy: So, who did it?
那么谁干的?
-Lightman: What do you care?
你关心什么?
It's nothing to you, right?
这与你无关对吗?
It turns out Jake doesn't know who did it.
turn out: 结果发现
结果Jake不知道是谁干的
He just freaked out. He...
freak out: 吓坏了的
他只是吓呆了他...
His wife wants him to play the Final Table, though.
他的妻子想让他参加决胜局可是
But I don't think he'll budge.
budge: 服从
但我不认为他会照做
-Poppy: I'd say too bad, but...
太糟糕了但...
-Director: Poppy, you're up.
Poppy 该你了
-Poppy: Stay tuned for more of the poker world championship.
请继续关注扑克牌世界大奖赛的更多消息
-Ben: What if she doesn't take the bait?
bait: 诱饵
如果她不上当怎么办?
-Lightman: She will.
她会的
-Foster: Maybe there's time for Ben to run to the casino while we wait.
casino: 赌场
也许在我们等待的时候应该让Ben去趟赌场
you up or down? You think I didn't know?
那么你们两个打的那个赌你赢了还是输了? 你以为我不知道?
-Ben: Gillian, you really gotta learn to embrace this town.
embrace: 拥抱【接受】
Gillian 你真得学学如何融入这里
-Lightman: It was just a couple of bets for old times' sake.
sake: 理由
不过为了怀旧赌一睹
-Foster: Mm-hmm. Vas.
嗯是Vas
-Poppy: It was you, wasn't it?
是你对吧?
-Vas: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Poppy: We had a deal.
我们说好的
You and me, first and second place at the Final Table.
你和我分列决胜局前两名
-Vas: The deal stands.
stand: 保持效用
是啊依然有效
-Poppy: Not if you killed Abe.
在你杀Abe之前
I told you he didn't know about us.
我告诉过你他不知道我们的事
-Vas: The bastard could read you like a book.
bastard: 私生子【混蛋】
那混蛋简直是你肚里的蛔虫
Why do you think he asked you to lunch, huh? Old times' sake? 旧情面?
不然你觉得他为什么约你吃中饭?
-Poppy: He cared about me.
他是关心我
-Vas: He was coaching another player. He wanted information.
他在训练另一个选手想从你这儿得到些资料
Are you really that stupid?
你真蠢到这地步?
-Poppy: Are you? You just kill a man because you think maybe he knows something?
你呢?就因为你觉得他可能知道些什么就杀了他?
-Vas: Yeah. Going to cost me $15 million.
没错他没准儿会让我损失1500万
-Poppy: You really did it? You killed him?
真是你?你杀了他?
-Vas: Not me. One of my investors from Moscow.
investor: 投资者 Moscow: 莫斯科
不是我是我的一个莫斯科老板
-Poppy: I'm calling the police.
我要报警
-Ben: We're good.
进展不错
-Foster: Cal.
Cal.
-Lightman: She's in trouble.
她有麻烦了
-Ben: Hold it right there, Vas! Stop! You hold it right there!
坚持住 Vas!站住!你给我站住!
Have you had enough? Have you had enough? Get this guy out of here.
够了没有?够了没有?把他带走
-Foster: So how did you know she'd go there?
那么你怎么知道她会去那儿?
-Lightman: It was in her own best interest.
为了她自身利益
Some people don't change.
有些人就是本性难改
-Foster: So you knew she had information the whole time
你一开始就知道她掌握内情
and you still slept with her?
还和她上床?
-Lightman: That's not why I slept with her. You all right?
不是因为这个你没事吧?
-Foster: Don't Cal.
别 Cal
-Hugh: We're live in 2 hours. Perfection, people.
live: 直播 perfection: 完善
两小时后开始直播加紧伙计们
-Lightman: Oi! Ellis. I want double.
喂!Ellis我要加倍
My bonus for bringing Jake back to the Final Table, double it.
把Jake带回到决胜局的奖励我要加倍
-Hugh: He says he's not showing up.
show up: 出现
他说他不会来
-Lightman: Oh, he'll show up.
噢他会的
Abe was killed by the Russian and his mafia investors.
Russian: 俄国人 mafia: 黑手党 investor: 投资人
Abe被那个俄国佬和他的黑手党老板杀了
-Hugh: Why?
为什么?
-Lightman: 'Cause he was coaching Jake.
因为Abe在训练Jake
You already knew that, didn't you?
你早就知道对不对?
That's why you brought him back to town.
所以才把他带来这里
-Hugh: I paid for his ticket out.
是我给他的入场券买的单
-Lightman: Yeah. Yeah. And you paid for mine, too.
对没错我的也是你买单的
Yet here I am, 'cause you need me.
不过我还在这儿因为你需要我
-Hugh: Well, I didn't need Abe.
好吧我不需要Abe
-Lightman: What, you didn't want him to coach Jake,
怎么你不想要他指导Jake
just give him that little extra edge?
extra: 额外的 edge: (优越的)条件
只是给他那么一点儿额外好处?
-Hugh: I don't get involved on that level.
involved: 涉及到 level: 层级
我可没涉及到那一步
-Lightman: Because the integrity of the championship is paramount.
integrity: 整体性,完整性 paramount: 最重要的
因为保证冠军赛的整体性才是首要的
-Hugh: Yes, it is.
对没错
-Lightman: Oh. Right.
哦对
Golden Boy from Evergreen Park, Illinois, wins the tournament.
tournament: 锦标赛
如果来自伊利诺斯州Evergreen公园的金童赢得了比赛
Next year, every hayseed in America
hayseed: 乡巴佬
那么明天所有美国的乡巴佬
is going to be plopping down 20 grand to enter.
plop: 放下 grand: 一千美金
都能省了两万块入场费了
-Hugh: I didn't bring Abe back to Vegas.
不是我把Abe带回拉斯维加斯的
-Lightman: See, you hired me as a lie expert, and then you lied to me.
hire: 雇用 expert: 专家
瞧瞧你雇我来当测谎专家可你却对我说谎
Double it.
我要加倍
-Torres: Medium triple latte.
medium: 中等的 triple: 三倍的 latte: 拿铁
中杯的三倍加奶拿铁
-Loker: Thanks.
谢谢
-Torres: How long you been watching that?
看多久了?
-Loker: Mm. Not long.
恩,不太久
-Torres: I lied. She likes you.
我说谎了,她喜欢你
-Loker: Nice try. But I saw the lip lick.
lip: 嘴唇 lick: 舔
想法不错可我看到了抿唇
The, uh, true rule of womanhood.
womanhood: 女人
呃就是那个女人世界的法则
-Torres: Yeah, uh... Loker, there's no such thing as true rule of womanhood.
对呃... Loker 根本没有什么女人世界的真正法则
I made it up. You were doing that really super-annoying smug guy thing. I was pissed.
make up: 编造 super-annoying: 超级讨厌的 smug: 自以为是的 pissed: 愤怒的
我瞎编的你总是自以为是超级令人讨厌所以我恼火了
And I wanted the ant farm.
而且我想要那个蚂蚁工坊
-Loker: I am smug? Well, how do I know you're telling the truth now?
我自以为是? 好吧那我怎么知道你现在没骗我
-Torres: Not only is she laughing,
她不光是对你笑
she's looking right into your eyes.
而且盯着你的眼睛
-Loker: She's being polite.
那只不过是出于礼貌
-Torres: This isn't being polite.
不只这样
Her pupils were dilated.
pupil: 瞳孔 dilated: 扩大的
还有瞳孔扩张
-Loker: Well, she did... touch my knee at one point.
呃她确实... 碰到了我膝盖的某个部分
So you think I should... call her and...
那么你觉得我该... 打给她...
-Torres: Definitely.
definitely: 当然
当然
-Host: Crazy things happen in the desert,
desert: 沙漠
沙漠中总有疯狂的事情发生
and we've seen our fair share,
fair: 公平的
而这疯狂也延续到了我们身上
with our Final Table already cut down from 5 players to just 3.
决胜局人数从五人减至三人
Let's get started and introduce them to you.
开始吧下面给大家介绍
It's not easy being leader,
当个领导人可不简单
and that's true of our current chip leader,
current: 当前的 chip: 【核心的】
我们目前的大老板正是如此
the lone amateur at this Final Table.
amateur: 业余的
决胜局唯一的业余选手
The Golden Boy from Evergreen Park, Illinois.
伊利诺斯州Evergreen公园的金童
Where's that, you ask? No one knows.
那是哪里你问我? 谁知道呢
This kid came out of nowhere to sweep through the early rounds...
sweep through: 横扫
这个无名小卒却闯过了层层选拔...
-Foster: Hey, Ben.
嘿 Ben
-Ben: Hey. Hey, wow. You... Huh. Wow.
嘿嘿哇你...你哇
-Foster: You look great.
看起来美极了
-Ben: Yeah, you, too. I mean...
是啊你也是我是说...
the dress, the shoes, the whole thing. Lovely.
礼服鞋子全身上下都美极了
-Foster: I thought I should embrace the Vegas.
embrace: 拥抱
我想我该融入拉斯维加斯
-Host: Ladies and gentlemen, Jake Hartman!
女士们先生们 Jake Hartman!
-Foster: Hey, excuse me...
嘿让我...
-Ben: No. No, no, no, no, no.
不 不 不 不行
I'm not letting you spend your last night here,
我可不会让你在这儿的最后一晚只是站在这儿
looking like that, watching other people play poker. Forget about it.
站在一边看着别人玩牌休想
-Foster: I'm not interested in gambling.
gamble: 赌博
我不喜欢赌博
-Ben: Do you really think that that's all this town has to offer?
你真认为这里只有赌博?
Just wait and see. I'm gonna blow your mind.
blow one’ s mind: 给…脑子吹风
等着瞧吧我会给你洗洗脑的
I'm gonna go get the car and I'll meet you out front.
我去拿车在前门等你
First-class service for you all the way.
first-class: 一流的
全程为您一流的服务
Just for you.
只为你
-Host: Ladies and gentlemen,
女士们先生们
the 23rd poker world championship...
第二十三届扑克牌大奖赛...
Shuffle up and deal!
shuffle: 洗牌
洗牌开始!
-Lightman: How you doing', Gordie?
好吗 Gordie?
-Gordie: Living the life, Dr. Lightman.
凑合 Lightman博士
I'm told you got a one-night pass to the casino.
casino: 赌场
听说你获得赌场一夜通行证
One million dollars compliments of Mr. Ellis.
compliment: 恭维【奖励】
Ellis先生给你的100万奖励
-Lightman: All of it on Double Zero.
全部下注双零
Hi, Foster.
嗨 Foster
词汇解析:Yolanda



评 论


