提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
看LOST学英语 第三季 2集:The Glass Ballerina
ballerina:芭蕾舞女演员
Previously on "Lost"...
previously:以前,先前,预先
《迷失》前情回顾……
-Sayid:I think Michael has been compromised.
compromise:妥协,让步
我认为Michael已经妥协了。
This camp Michael is leading you to...that is where they will set their trap.
camp:露营,帐棚 trap:圈套,陷阱
Michael带我们去的营地……是他们设下的圈套。
And I can go ashore undetected. How?
go ashore:上岸 ashore:在岸上 undetected:未被发现的,未被觉察的
我可以从岸边走不被发现……怎么走?
We will sail the boat and scout them.
sail:航行 scout:侦察,搜索
我们驾船去侦察他们的情况。
Is time they will know that we are coming.
是时候让他们知道我们来了。
-Juliet: Hi, Jack. I'm Juliet.
嘿,Jack。我叫Juliet。
-Jack: Where are my friends?
我的朋友在哪儿?
Tell me where my friends are!
告诉我他们在哪儿!
- Did you do this? Mr. Paik:
是不是你干的?
Sun. Did u break the ballerina?
ballerina:芭蕾舞女演员
Sun。水晶芭蕾舞女演员是不是你打碎的?
Then who did?
那是谁?
-Young Sun: The maid
maid:女仆,侍女
佣人。
-Mr. Paik: If u tell me the maid did this...
如果是佣人打碎的……
I will be forced to fire her
be forced to:被迫 force:强迫 fire:解雇
我只好解雇她了。
Do you understand? Sun
你明白吗?Sun
Who broke it?
谁打碎的?
-Young Sun: The maid did
佣人打碎的。
-Mr. Paik: Very well
很好。
-Jin:Sun open the door
Sun,开门。
-Sun: I’m ok. It’s just morning sickness
morning sickness:孕吐【孕妇怀孕初期的反应,孕妇晨吐】
我很好,只是(怀孕的)晨吐。
Jin-wait
Jin等等
My husband says it's time to leave.
husband:丈夫
我丈夫说该走了.
He doesn't think jack and the others are coming.
他认为Jack和其他人不会来了。
It's been over a day since we lit the fire.
light the fire:点火
我们生火后,都过了一天了。
They should be here by now
by now:到如今,至此
他们早该到了。
-Sayid: Jack knows we're out here.
Jack,知道我们在这里。
He's counting on our signal.
count on:依靠,指望 signal:信号,导火线
他指望着我们的信号呢。
Perhaps he's not able to see the smoke.
perhaps:也许,可能
可能他看不见烟。
If he's north of us, the mountains would block his view.
north of:在...以北 mountains:山脉;山区 block:阻塞 view:视野,风景,见解
如果他在我们北面,山脉会遮挡他的视线。
We need to sail forward along the coast, clear the mountains and start another signal fire.
forward:向前地 along the coast:沿着海岸 coast:海岸,海滨clear:通过;越过;离开 signal:用作信号的,用于发信号的
我们要沿着海岸前进,越过这座山,重新生火。
-Jin: No.
不行。
-Sayid: I told jack I would light a fire. I'm not abandoning him.
abandon:放弃
我跟Jack说过我会生火。我不会丢下他。
-Sun: Sayid says...
Sayid说……
-Jin: We're not sailing anywhere!
sail:航行
我们哪也不去!
-Jin: Sayid is not your husband
Sayid 不是你丈夫。
-Sun: My husband thinks we have to do as he says, because he's the only one who knows how to sail.
我丈夫说得按他说的做,因为只有他会驾船。
But he's wrong. I can help you sail the boat.
boat:船
但他错了。我可以帮你开船。
-Juliet: Are you feeling any better?
感觉好点了吗?
I made the soup myself, but I won't take it the wrong way if you don't like it.
soup:汤
我自己做的汤,但你不喜欢我也不会生气。
-Ben: You never made soup for me.
你从没做汤给我喝。
-Colleen: Am I interrupting something?
interrupt:打断,妨碍,插嘴
我打断你们了?
-Juliet: Would it really matter if you were?
really:真正地 matter:有重要性;有重大关系;要紧
真的打断你会在乎吗?
-Colleen: We have a situation. Brain radioed in.
situation:情况,境况radio: 用无线电进行通信(或广播)
我们有状况了。Brain发来无线电。
The Iraqi found the decoy village.
Iraqi:伊拉克人 decoy:诱惑物,诱饵
伊拉克人发现了做圈套的村庄。
-Ben: Good. It's what we wanted.
好。这是我们想要的。
-Colleen: Brian followed him back to the shore.
shore:岸;海岸
Brian跟着他回了海滩。
-Colleen: Ben, they have a sailboat.
sailboat:风船
Ben,他们有条船。
-Ben: How?
怎么会?
-Colleen: I have no idea.
我不知道。
-Juliet: So they have a boat.
那么他们有条船。
Sailing in circles will keep them busy.
in circles:兜圈子(毫无进展) circle:圆圈
绕着岛兜圈可以让他们忙上一阵。
-Colleen:They could find us. Ben?
他们会发现我们的, Ben。
-Ben: I'm thinking.
我在想。
How quickly can you put together a team?
quickly:快地 put together: 合在一起,组织 team: 队,组
你组织一支队伍要多久?
-Colleen: Within the hour.
within:…之内
一小时内可以搞定
-Ben: Then don't waste time talking to us.
waste:浪费
那就不要在这里浪费时间跟我们讲话了。
-Ben: Hey, Collen. I want that boat.
嘿,Collen。我要那条船。
-Kate: Nice alarm clock.
alarm clock:闹钟
不错的闹钟。
-Sawyer: I've woken up to worse.
wake up:醒来 worse:更糟
我醒来觉得更糟了。
You want half a fish biscuit? What's this?
biscuit:饼干
还有一半鱼饼干你要不要?这是什么?
-Pickett: Lunch. We is gonna need you to keep up your strength.
lunch:午餐 gonna:<美> 将要(=going to) keep up:保持 strength:力量,力气
午饭。我们要你们留点力气。
-Sawyer: Is that right?
是吗?
-Colleen: Danny, wait.
Danny, 等等。
-Pickett: Hold up.
hold up:延续,持续,维持 hold:把握,控制
等等。
-Colleen: They have a boat.
他们有条船。
-Colleen: Ben wants us to take the galaga and retrieve...
retrieve:取回,恢复,补偿
Ben想要我们把它夺过来,取回……
-Pickett: Okay. Be careful out there.
好的。小心。
What are you looking at?
look at:看
你看什么看?
-Jin: Huh? I have to adjust the sails
adjust:调整,使...适于 sails:航行,航程
嗯?我要调整航向。
-Sun: I am sorry, Jin
抱歉,Jin。
I shouldn't have disagreed with you
disagree with:与...有分歧,不一致
我不该不同意你的意见。
Not in front of Sayid.
in front of:在…前面,在…面前
至少不该在Sayid面前。
-Jin: You shouldn't have disagree with me.
你不该不同意我的意见,无论在谁的面前。
-Jin: Sun, why did you even come with us?
come with:随同…而来
Sun,你为什么要跟着我们出海?
-Sun: You know why I came
你知道为什么?
I didn't want to be without you
without:没有
我不想离开你。
-Jae: What's wrong?
有什么问题?
-Sun: What's wrong is I'm married.
married:已婚的
问题就是我已经结婚了。
-Jae: Right. That.
没错。那个。
-Sun: Jae, I can't, I can't, I’m sorry…
Jae,我不能,我不能,抱歉……
-Jae: Sun, wait
Sun,等等。
-Sun:Jae, it's beautiful, but I can't wear this.
Jae,真美,但我不能戴。
-Sun: Jin will ask where it came from
come from:来自
Jin,会问它从哪儿来的。
-Jae: I don't want to share you anymore.
share:共享,共有 anymore:而今再也,再也(不)
我再不想与别人分享你了。
Your English is excellent now.
excellent:极好的,优秀的
你的英语已经很好了。
We can go to America... Does anyone know you're…
我们可以去美国……有没有人知道你……
-Sun: No
没。
-Jae: What are you doing here?
你在这儿干什么?
Get out of my, sir
get out of:滚出
出去,先生。
I’m sorry, I didn't realize
realize:了解,觉;领悟
抱歉,我没有意识到...
-Mr. Paik: Get dressed
get dressed:穿衣服 dress:穿着
穿上衣服
All right, here’s the jig.
jig:<矿物学>跳汰机;筛选机
这是矿筛。
See these rocks here?
rock:岩石
看见这里的石头没?
That's where you two come in.
这就你们派用场的地方了
You're gonna chop 'em loose, and you're gonna haul 'em outta here.
gonna:<美> 将要(=going to) chop:剁碎,砍,切 loose:松弛地,零散 haul:拖,改变方向 outta: [口] out of
把它们敲碎,你把它们运走。
-Kate: You expect me to work in this dress?
expect:预期,盼望,期待 dress:连衣裙,套裙【女人常穿的外衣,一般与裙子相连】
你让我穿着这条裙子干活?
-Pickett: It's up to you.
up to you:由你决定
随你。
You can take it off if you want.
take off:脱掉
不喜欢可以脱了。
-Sawyer: How dare you?
dare:敢,胆敢
你竟敢这样讲话?
-Pickett: Now if you need anything, you raise your hand.
raise your hand:举手
有什么事情就举手。
You get ten minutes for lunch.
午饭有10分钟时间。
-Sawyer: I got a question, boss
我有个问题,老大。
-Pickett: No questions.
不准。
-Sawyer: She got to ask a question.
她问了一个问题 (我为什么不可以?)。
-Pickett: If you try to run off, you will be shocked.
run off:跑掉,迅速离开 shock:使...受电击
要是想逃跑,会被电击。
-Sawyer: Shot?
shot:射击
枪击?
Don't we even get a warning?
warning:警告,预告,通知
连警告都不给?
-Pickett: Shocked. I said shocked.
电击,我说了电击
If you talk to each other, you’re gonna be shocked.
互相讲话,会被电击。
You touch each other, you’re gonna be shocked.
touch:接触,触及
互相触摸,会被电击。
If you're slacking, you're gonna get shocked.
slack:松懈的,懈怠的,疏忽的
干活怠工,会被电击。
Matter of fact, you do anything at all that pisses me off, you’re gonna get shocked.
pissed off:[俚语]生气的,厌烦的,恼火的 piss: 尿,小便
事实上,只要做了任何让我觉得不爽的事,都会被电击。
Okay? Let's get to work.
知道吗?干活吧。
-Kate: I'm not doing anything until I see Jack.
没见到Jack前,我什么也不干。
-Pickett: Now that was a quarter charge.
quarter:四分之一 charge:费用
这才是个小小警告哦(四分之一的量)。
You got any more questions?
还有问题么?
soon as you're able to walk, wheelbarrow's right over there.
wheelbarrow:独轮手推车
等会你就能走路,手推车就在那边。
-Jin: You wanted to see me, sir?
你要见我,先生?
-Mr. Paik: Come in. Please sit down.
进来。请坐。
we have a problem.
我们遇到了个问题。
This man has been stealing from me.
steal:偷
有个人从我这里偷了东西。
I need you to put an end to it.
put an end to:结束(终止,废除,除去)
我要你解决他。
-Jin: What did he steal?
Steal:偷窃
他偷了什么?
-Mr. Paik: That's not important
important:重要的
那不重要。
-Jin: Of course. I’ll deliver a message
deliver:递送,表达 message:消息,信息
当然。我会给他“递话”的。
-Mr. Paik: A message won't suffice.
suffice:足够
递话是不够的。
I need you to put an end to it.
我要你解决了他。
-Jin: I cannot do that.
我不能这样做。
-Mr. Paik: Of course you can.
你当然可以。
-Jin: Sir it's not my job to…
先生,我的工作不是……
-Mr. Paik: Your job is what I say it is.
我说你的工作是什么就是什么。
-Jin: Then I can't work for you anymore.
那我就不能再为你工作了。
I quit.
quit:离开,辞职,停止
我辞职。
-Mr. Paik: You don't get to quit
我不允许你辞职。
This man has shamed me
shame:使羞愧
这个人令我蒙了羞。
you married my daughter, Jin
你娶了我的女儿, Jin。
that makes you my son.
所以你就是我儿子了。
my shame is your shame.
令我蒙羞就是令你蒙羞。
I need you to restore our family's honor.
restore:回复,恢复,归还 honor:荣誉,头衔,信用
我需要你来恢复我们家族的荣誉。
-Sun: Why should there be a dock all the way out here?
dock:码头
为什么这里会有个码头?
-Jin: Others.
是那些人。
-Sayid: The dock's decaying.
decay:使腐烂,使腐败,使腐朽
这码头已经衰败了。
It's overgrown.
overgrown:(草等)丛生的,成长过快的
周围杂草丛生。
It looks like it hasn't been used in quite some time.
some time:相当一段时间
看起来已经好久没人用过了。
Whoever built it, they’re not here now.
建它的人现在不在这里。
Let’s bring the boat in.
我们把船靠过去吧。
We'll tie to the dock and build a fire on the beach.
on the beach:在海滩上 beach:海滩
我们把船停靠在码头, 然后在海边生火。
The visibility's excellent, and jack will be able to see us from miles around.
visibility:能见度 excellent:极好的,优秀的
这里的可视性很高, Jack在几里之外都可以看见。
-Jin: Safe?
安全吗?
-Sayid: Yes, Jin. Of course it's safe.
是的,Jin。当然安全。
-Pickett: Get back to work.
get back to:回到,溯到
继续干活。
-Sawyer: Whatever you say, boss.
听你的, 老板
-Alex: Psst! Careful.
psst [pst] int. 为引起人的注意时所发的声音
喂!小心。
Don't let them see you talking to me.
不要让他们看到你在和我讲话。
Are they keeping you in the cages?
cage:笼子
他们把你关在笼子里吗?
Did you see another guy in there with you?
guy:(男)人,家伙
你在那里还见到别人了吗?
About my age, named Karl?
age:年龄
和我差不多大, 名叫Karl?
-Kate: No. It's just Sawyer and me.
没有。只有Sawyer和我。
-Alex: You're not even supposed to be in that cage.
be supposed to:应该
你根本都不该被关在那个笼子里。
-Kate: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
Who are you?
你是谁?
-Alex: Where'd you get that dress?
你从哪搞到的这件衣服?
-Kate: They gave it to me.
他们给我的。
-Alex: It's mine. You can keep it.
它是我的。你留着吧。
It looks better on you anyway.
anyway:无论怎样
穿在你身上还好看些。
-Kate: Wait.
等等。
-Sawyer: Having fun yet, freckles?
fun:乐趣,笑,有趣的人或事物 freckles:雀斑
觉得好玩吗,雀斑女?
-Kate: Quit staring at my ass.
quit:停止 ass:臀部
别再盯着我屁股看了。
-Sawyer: Give me something else to stare at.
那给我找些别的看。
-Pickett: Shut up.
shut up:<口语>(使)住口,(使)闭嘴 shut: 关上,闭上
闭嘴。
-Sawyer: Yes, sir, boss.
是的,老板。
-Sayid: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Sun: What else can I do?
还需要我做些什么?。
-Sayid: Help your husband.
husband:丈夫
帮帮你丈夫。
We need as much wood as we can find.
as much as:差不多,尽…那么多
我们需要尽可能多的木头。
-Sun: We're building quite a large fire.
large:巨大的
我们要生一个很大的火堆。
-Sayid: We have to make sure Jack will see the smoke.
make sure:确定 smoke:烟
我们要确保Jack能看到烟。
-Sun: Why are you lying to me, Sayid?
lie:说谎
你为什么要骗我, Sayid?
-Sayid: And what would you know about lying, Sun?
你对欺骗这回事知道多少,Sun?
-Sun: You're putting our lives in danger.
put in danger:处于危险之中 danger:危险
你使我们陷入危险的境地。
-Sayid: I'm fairly certain our friends have been captured.
fairly:相当地 certain:肯定的,无疑的,必然发生的 capture:抓取,获得,迷住
我相当肯定我们的朋友被抓了。
There are tracks all over the dock.
track:小路,,踪迹 dock:码头
码头附近到处都是脚印。
They're fresh, as recent as yesterday.
fresh:新鲜的,无经验的
都是新的,昨天才留下的。
-Sun: You said this dock was abandoned.
abandon:放弃,遗弃
你说这个码头被废弃了。
That would be part of the lying you mentioned.
mention:提到,谈到
那是你刚才提到的我的谎言的一部分。
You're not building this fire for our people.
你生火不是为了引起我们的人的注意。
-Sun: You’re building it for the others.
是为了引起那些人的注意。
-Sayid: I suspect that when they see the smoke, they'll send a scout party to investigate.
suspect:怀疑,猜想 send:打发,派…前去(请人等) scout:童子军,侦察员 investigate:调查,研究
我推测当他们看到烟后他们会派一组人来调查。
By then it will be night.
by then:到那时
那时应该已经到晚上了。
When they arrive, I 'll ambush them.
arrive:到达 ambush:埋伏突袭
当他们来了,我会伏击他们。
I'll take two of them hostage, and I'll kill the rest.
hostage:人质 rest:其余的
我会把两人作为人质,而杀掉其余的。
-Sun: Two?
两人?
-Sayid: One to make the other cooperate.
cooperate:合作,协力
一个来说服另一个和我们合作。
-Sun: What do you need me to do?
你需要我做什么?
-Sayid: I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to lie to Jin for another 20 minutes.
很抱歉,但我需要你继续欺骗Jin20分钟。
-Sun: Why?
为什么?
-Sayid: Because once the fire is lit, it will be too late to go back.
lit:light的过去,照亮,点着
因为一旦火生起来了,要回去就已经来不及了。
-Sun: You're home
你回来了。
-Jin: How was your day?
今天过得怎样?
-Sun: Fine.
不错。
-Jin: I saw your father today.
我今天见到你父亲了。
-Sun: Oh?
哦?
-Jin: He called me "son" for the first time
他第一次叫我“儿子”。
-Sun: Why did he do that?
为什么?
-Jin: He wants me to deliver a message
deliver:传递 message:消息
他要我去“递个话”。
-Sun: Are u going to do it?
你会去吗?
-Jin: I have to
have to:必须
我必须去。
-Sun: No, Jin. You don't.
不,Jin。你不是必须照做。
-Jin: You think it's that simple?
simple:简单的,简朴的
你以为这么简单吗?
-Sun: We... can start a new life
我们……可以开始新生活。
we'll go away
我们离开这里。
-Jin: A new life? If we run away, your father would..
run away:潜逃
新生活?如果我们逃走,你父亲会……
-Sun: He won't know where we are.
他不会知道我们在哪的。
And you won't have to do this anymore
你也不必再做这些事了。
You won't have to.
你不必再做了。
-Jin: I do this for you, Sun.
我做这些是为了你,Sun。
I do this because your father expects it.
expect:预期,盼望
我做这些是因为你父亲要我这么做。
I do this because that's what it takes to be married to you
be married to:和...结婚
我做这些是因为这是和你结婚的代价。
-Sun: and what does it take to be married to you, Jin?
那跟你结婚的代价是什么呢,Jin?
where are u going?
你去哪儿?
-Jin: to deliver the message, gun.
去“递话”,枪。
-Sayid: I don't think I understand.
understand:理解,了解
我不懂他的意思。
What is it?
他说什么?
-Sun: He knows what we're doing. He knows it's a trap.
trap:圈套,陷阱
他知道我们在做什么。他知道这是个陷阱。
he says he understands English better than I think he does.
他说他懂的英语比我想象的要多。
He knows I betrayed him.
betray:出卖,背叛
他知道我背叛了他。
-Jin: Gun.
枪。
-Sayid: Can you handle one of these?
handle:操作
你会用它吗?
It's an automatic.
automatic:自动的
是自动手枪。
I think you'll be safer on the boat.
我认为你在船上会安全一些。
Sun... If by chance they get past us, there's another gun..
by chance:偶然,碰巧 chance:偶然发上 get past:越过
Sun……如果他们越过了我们这道防线。
It's inside the blue tarp beneath the galley counter.
inside:在……里面 tarp:油布,帆布 beneath:在……之下 galley:厨房(长方形炉)
在船上灶台底下的蓝帆布里还有一把枪。
-Sun: If they get past you, that means my husband is dead...
mean:意思是
如果他们越过了你们就意味着我丈夫死了……
and I won't care anymore.
care:关心,照顾 anymore:不再
我就不再在乎了。
-Sayid: As I said, the gun is inside the tarp.
inside:在…里面
再说一遍,枪在帆布里面。
-Sawyer: Hey, hey! Hey!
嘿,嘿!嘿!
Back off!
back off:后退
退后!
-Juliet: James. Put the gun down...
put down:放下
James。把枪放下。
Right now. Put the gun down.
现在。把枪放下。
-Jae: Wait.
等等。
-Jin: Do you know who I am?
你知道我是谁吗?
Do u know why I’m here?
你知道为什么我在这里吗?
-Jae: I’m sorry.
对不起。
-Jin: Then you know what I have to do
那你知道。我必须得做什么。
-Jae: I’m sorry. I’m sorry
对不起。对不起。
-Jin: You will leave this country. Do you understand me?
country:国家
你要离开这个国家。你懂我的意思吗?
You will leave and never come back.
你要离开。再也不回来。
Start a new life.
去过新生活。
And if I hear you're returned
return:返回,回来
如果我听说你回来,
if you have any contact at all I will finish this.
contact:接触,联系
或者你还有任何联络的话,我就会结束这一切。
Am I clear?You don't exist
exist:存在
听明白了没有?你要彻底消失。
-Sayid: I don't think they're coming.
我想他们不来了吧。
-Sun: I want you to let me off this boat.
你让我下船吧。
-Colleen: I can't do that.
不行。
-Sun: Why not?
为什么不?
-Colleen: That's not my decision to make.
decision:决定,决心
这可不是我说了算的。
you do realize there are five of my friends up there.
你知道上面可有我的五个朋友哦。
-Sun: Lower your voice..
lower:放低 voice:声音
小声一点……
-Colleen: Okay.
好吧。
-Sun: Stop. I'll shoot.
shoot:射击
站住。我要开枪了。
-Colleen: No, you won't, Sun. I know you, Sun-hwa Kwon.
你不会的,Sun。我了解你 Sun-hwa Kwon。
And I know you're not a killer.
killer:杀人者
我知道你不是个杀手。
Despite what you may think, I am not the enemy.
despite:不管,尽管 enemy:敌人
你可能不信,但我不是你的敌人。
We are not the enemy.
我们不是敌人。
But if you shoot me... that's exactly what we'll become.
exactly:恰好地,正好地,精确地,正是
但如果你开枪打我……我们就会变成敌人了。
-Sun: Stop. I will. I'll shoot you.
站住。我会的。我会开枪打你的。
-Jin:Sun! No! No
Sun!不!不。
-Mr. Paik: You shouldn't be here.
你不该在这里。
-Sun: Father. What are you doing here?
父亲。你来这里干什么?
-Mr. Paik: I do business with the young man's father.
business:商业,生意
我和这位年轻人的父亲有生意往来。
I’m told he jumped from a balcony
jump:从…跳下来 balcony:阳台
听说他从阳台上跳了下来。
He must have felt great shame.
shame:羞愧
他肯定觉得很羞愧。
Now go home to your husband.
现在赶快回家,去你丈夫身边。
-Sun: Father, will you ever tell Jin?
父亲,你会告诉Jin (你看到的事)吗?
-Mr. Paik: It is not my place to tell him.
place:职务
这事不该由我来跟他说。
-Jin:I don't know what I’d do without you.
我真不知道没有你我该怎么办。
-Sayid: Both of you.
你们两个。
I'm sorry I dragged you into this.
drag:拖,拖累
很抱歉把你们拖了进来。
And please communicate to your husband, the next time, I will listen to him.
communicate to:传达(传播,传递)
请跟你丈夫沟通一下 告诉他下回我会听他的。
We should go. We have a long walk ahead of us.
ahead of:在…前面
我们该走了。前面还有很长的路等着我们去走。
-Kate: You okay?
你还好吧?
-Sawyer: Never better.
从没这么好。
-Kate: What the hell were you thinking?
hell:该死
你到底是怎么想的?
-Sawyer: I couldn't help myself.
could not help:不得不,禁不住
我情不自禁啊。
You just looked so damn cute swinging that pickax.
damn:非常地 cute:可爱的,聪明的 swing:摇摆,使…旋转,动摇 pickax:镐,锄子
你挥舞锄子的时候看起来还真可爱。
Chain gang looks good on you, freckles.
chain gang:<主美>以铁链锁住一群做苦工的囚犯 freckles:雀斑
监狱服很适合你啊,、雀斑女。
-Kate: Sawyer.
Sawyer。
-Sawyer: Two of those guards got some real fight in them.
guards:守卫,看守 real fight:真正的战争 fight:打架,战斗
那群看卫里有两个是真正能打的。
Rest of them, I ain't that much worried about.
其他的我才不担心呢。
That heavyset guy packs a hell of a punch.
heavyset:体格魁梧的 guy:男人,家伙 pack:[俚语]用手猛击…一拳 a hell of:极端的,相当大的,很大程度的 punch:殴打
那最重量级的家伙一拳下来还真狠。
Shaggy-haired kid's got some sort of martial arts training, but I think I could take him if I had to.
shaggy:毛发蓬松的 kid:小孩 some sort of:某种的,仿佛,多少有些 martial art:武术,攻击
头发乱糟遭的小鬼似乎练过武术,不过如果真有必要,我应该可以搞定他。
Oh, and F.Y.I.,. Those zapper things got a safety on them.
F.Y.I:=for your information仅供参考 zapper:微波灭虫器,除草器,遥控器 safety:保险的装置,安全
哦,还有那些电击玩意上有保险装置。
-Kate: Did you see the look on their faces when you got a hold of that rifle?
look:看,神色,样子 hold:把握,控制 rifle: 步枪
他们看你拿到来复枪时的表情,你注意到没有?
-Sawyer: I'm guessing most of these boys never seen any real action.
guess:猜测,推测 real:真正的 action:行动,行为
我估计这群孩子里的绝大多数都没见过真枪实战。
But that blonde who had a gun to your head…
blonde:金发女郎
但那个拿枪指着你头的金发女郎。
she would shot you, no problem.
她可以开枪打你,没问题。
-Kate: Why'd she call you James?
她为什么叫你James?
-Sawyer: Because that's my name.
因为那就是我的名字。
I noticed something else, too.
notice:注意,留心
我还注意到其他一些事。
You taste like strawberries.
strawberry:草莓
你尝起来就像草莓。
-Kate: You taste like fish biscuits. so what do we do now?
biscuits:饼干
你尝起来像鱼饼干。那我们现在该怎么办?
-Sawyer:Well, shortcake...
shortcake:脆饼的一种
甜饼(类似“甜心”的昵称呼)……
Now we wait for these bastards to make a mistake.
bastard:卑鄙的人,讨厌鬼,坏蛋【粗俗语,用于亲昵的开玩笑场合】make a mistake:犯错误
我们现在就等这些杂种犯错。
Sooner or later, they’re gonna let their guard down.
sooner or later:迟早 gonna:<美> 将要(=going to) let…down:降低,放下
迟早他们会放松警惕的。
And when they do, we're gonna be there to put them in their place.
他们一放松,我们就出去教训他们。
-Ben: Hello, Jack.
你好,Jack。
You know what's crazy, Jack?
crazy:疯狂的
你知道什么是不可思议的吗,Jack?
A week ago, you and I were in exactly the opposite situation.
exactly:恰好地,正好地 opposite:相反的 situation:形势,局面
就在一个星期之前,我们的角色正好和现在互换。
I was the one locked up, and you were the one coming in for visits.
lock up:上锁 visit:拜访,访问
我是被关着的那个,你是进来探望我的那位。
And I know that you were angry that I lied to you about who I was, but...
我知道你很生气,关于我的身分我撒了谎,但是……
hell, do you blame me?
blame:责备
你能怪我吗?
I mean, let’s face it.
mean:意思是 face:面对【面对事实】
我的意思是我们实际点。
If I'd have told you I was one of those people that you and your friends have been calling "others" all this time,
如果我告诉你我就是你和你朋友一直称为others的那群人的一员。
It would've been right back to-Sayid and his...fists.
fist:拳头
我肯定就直接回到-Sayid和他的拳头待遇了。
Wouldn't it?
不是吗?
-Jack: What do you want from me?
你想我怎么样?
-Ben: I want for you to change your, uh...
change:改变
我想你改变一下你的态……
Perspective.
perspective:远景,看法
你的观点。
And the first step in doing that would be for me to be decent enough to introduce myself honestly, so...
decent:有分寸的,得体的 introduce:介绍 honestly:真诚地,公正地
要这么做第一步就是我自己也得开诚布公,先老老实实介绍一下我自己。
Hi. My name is Benjamin Linus, and I've lived on this island all my life.
live on:住在 island:岛
你好。我叫Benjamin Linus 我一辈子都住在这个岛上。
You're not gonna shake?
shake:握手
你不跟我握手?
Bring it in, please.
请送进来。
-Jack: Where are Kate and Sawyer?
Kate和Sawyer在哪里?
-Ben: They're fine, and they're close.
close:接近
他们很好,就在附近。
That's all I'm able to tell you right now.
be able to:能够
我现在只能告诉你这么多。
-Jack: You can tell me anything you want.
随你怎么说都行。
-Ben: Fair enough. It's all I want to tell you.
fair:公平
好吧这样讲也算公平。我想跟你说的全部内容就是这个。
I'm gonna make this really simple, Jack
我会简明扼要Jack。
If you cooperate, we send you home.
cooperate:合作,协力 send:送,传,寄
如果你合作,我们就送你回家。
-Jack: Cooperate with what?
cooperate with:与…合作
跟什么合作?
-Ben: When the time is right, I'll tell you.
等到时机成熟了,我会告诉你的。
-Jack: You tell me now.
现在你就告诉我。
-Ben: Patience, Jack. Patience.
patience:耐心
多点耐心Jack。耐心。
-Jack: Home? Is that where you sent Walt and Michael?
家?就是你送Walt 和Michael去的地方?
-Ben: Yes.
是的。
-Jack: If you could leave this island, why would you still be here?
island:岛,岛屿 still:仍然
如果能离开这个岛,你们为什么还在这里?
-Ben: Yes, Jack. Why would we be here?
说得没错Jack。我们为什么要在这里?
-Jack: You're lying.
lying:撒谎
你在撒谎。
You're stuck here just like we are.
be stuck:被困住
你们跟我们一样困在这里动不了。
You don’t have any.
你们没有。
-Ben: Your flight crashed on September 22,2004.
flight:飞行,航班 crash:撞碎,猛使…破碎
你们的航班是2004年9月22号坠毁的。
Today is November 29th.
November:十一月
今天是11月29号。
That means you've been on our island for 69 days.
也就是说你们在我们岛上已经待了69天。
And, yes, we do have contact with the outside world, Jack.
contact with:和…联系 outside world:外界
还有,没错,我们的确和外面的世界有联系Jack。
That's how we know that during those 69 days, your fellow Americans reelected George W. Bush,
fellow:朋友,家伙 reelect:重选,改选
这就是我们如何知道在过去的69天里,美国人又选了George W. Bush当总统。
Christopher reeve has passed away, Boston Red Sox won the world series.
pass away:逝世 sox:短袜 won:win的过去式,赢得 world series:世界棒球大赛
Christopher Reeve(超人扮演者)去世了,Boston Red Sox队赢了棒球世界杯。
What?
什么?
-Jack: If you wanted me to believe this, you probably should've picked somebody else besides the Red Sox.
believe:相信 probably:大概,或许 pick:摘,挑选 somebody:某人 besides:除了
如果你要我相信这个,你不应该选Red Sox队。
-Ben: No, they were down three games to none against the yankees in the league championship,
none:都不 against:反对,防御 yankees:美国佬 league:联盟,社团 championship:冠军赛
不他们对纽约队先输了三局。
and then they won eight straight.
straight:直接
然后连赢了八局。
-Jack: Sure, sure. Of course they did.
当然,当然。他们当然赢了。
Back to Foulke.
回到Foulke这里(Keith Foulke,著名棒球球员)。
Red sox fans have longed to hear it.
fans:粉丝,迷 longed to:渴望
Red Sox的球迷等这个好消息很久了。
The Boston red sox are world champions!
Boston Red Sox终于是世界冠军了!
a clean sweep of the St.Louis Cardinals,
a clean sweep:彻底扫除 sweep:扫除,席卷,范围
横扫St. Louis Cardinals队。
And the red sox celebrate in the middle of the diamond here at Busch stadium.
celebrate:庆祝 diamond:钻石 stadium:体育场
Red Sox队就在Busch体育场的钻石中心庆祝!
-Ben:That's home, Jack, right there on the other side of that glass.
on the other side of:在…的另一面
那就是家Jack 就在玻璃的那一边。
And if you listen to me, if you trust me.
trust:委托,信任
如果你听我的,如果你相信我。
if you do what I tell you when the time comes, I'll take you there.
并按照我的话去做时机成熟了,我就带你回去。
I will take you home.
我会带你回家。
词汇解析:Fanny 校对:Una Yu



评 论