看LOST学英语 第四季 4集: Eggtown
-John: These are the last two eggs.
这是最后的两个蛋了。
-Ben: From my own bookshelf?
bookshelf: 书架
从我书架上拿来的?
-John: Help you pass the time.
pass the time: 消磨时光
帮你打发一下时间。
-Ben: I've already read it.
这本我都看过了。
-John: You might catch something you missed the second time around.
catch: 抓住 miss: 错过
看第二遍可以让你温故知新。
-Ben: Why did you move me from the rec room down here?
rec room: 娱乐室,康健中心
你为什么要把我从娱乐室转到这里来?
-John: I wanted you under my own roof.
under one’s roof: 在家里【这里指在某人的掌控之下 under: 在..之下 roof: 屋顶】
我想让你呆在我眼皮底下。
-Ben: Where are you keeping your other prisoner? Miles, is it?
prisoner: 囚犯
你把其他人关在哪儿? Miles 是叫这个名字吧。
Oh, you don't want to share.
share: 分享
看来你不想告诉我。
-John: Actually, I was hoping you would share, Ben,
share: 分享
事实上,Ben,我倒是希望你能告诉我点什么,
Seeing as you claim to have a spy on his ship.
claim: 声称,断言 spy: 间谍
既然你都说了在船上有个内线。
-Ben: I feel for you, John. I really do.
feel for: 同情
John,我真同情你发自内心的同情你。
You keep hitting dead ends.
hit: 冲撞 dead end: 死胡同,死巷
你不断的碰壁,
You couldn't find the cabin.
cabin: 小木屋
找不到想要的答案,
You can't make contact with Jacob.
make contact with: 接触,和某人取得联系
你没法感受到Jacob。
You're so desperate to figure out what to do next,
desperate: 绝望的 figure out: 算出,想出
你如此绝望的想知道下一步该怎么做,
You're even asking me for help.
ask for help: 求助
你甚至现在都问到我头上来了。
So here we are, just like old times...
既然这样,还是像从前那样,
Except I'm locked in a different room.
except: 除了,除非 lock: 锁住
你把我换到另外的房间去,
And you're more lost than you ever were.
lost: 迷惑的,遗失的
不然你只有更郁闷的。
-John: I know what you're trying to do. It's not gonna work.
try to do: 试图 gonna=going to 将要
我知道你有什么企图。没用的。
-Ben: Excellent, John. You're evolving.
excellent: 优秀的 evolving: 进化的【这里是夸奖的话“你正在进化啊,你变得越来越聪明了啊”】
不错嘛,John,你变机灵了。
-John: Done with your breakfast?
早饭吃完了吧?
[outside the room]
-Kate: What's that all about?
那是怎么回事?
-Claire: Who knows? It's Locke.
谁知道呢,Locke就这样的。
-James: Morning, ladies.
女士们,早上好。
-Claire:Good morning.
早上好。
-Kate: Morning.
早安。
-James: Mmm, coffee smells good.
smell: 闻
咖啡闻起来很香啊。
-Claire:Well... why don't I go make you a cup?
好吧,我去给你倒一杯。
-James: Kinda weird, ain't it?
kinda=kind of: 有点儿 weird: 怪异的
感觉有点怪吧,不是吗?
Sitting on porches, drinking coffee out of mugs.
porch: 门廊 mug: 杯
悠闲的坐在前廊,一杯杯喝咖啡。
Anyway, I found some clothes about your size. Hung 'em in a closet.
size: 尺寸 hung: 悬挂 closet: 衣橱
我找到一些你可以穿的衣服,挂在一个衣橱里面的。
So after I kick out Hugo...
kick out: 开除,解雇;驱逐,撵走
那么在我赶走Hugo之后...
-Kate: I'm not moving in with you, James.
move in: 搬进
James,我不会跟你走的。
-James: Well... then why did you stay?
好吧,那你干嘛留下来?
-Kate: That's none of your business.
none of your business: 与…毫无关系
这不关你的事。
-James: Oh, you got a secret agenda, huh?
secret: 秘密的 agenda: 议事日程
你是不是有个什么秘密计划?
Well, if you're spying for Jack…
spy: 侦探【这里指“当某人侦探”】
要是Jack要你做内线的话...
-Kate: I'm not spying for anyone…
我没有替任何人做内线。
-James: So why don't you tell me?
那你干嘛不告诉我?
-Kate:Because I don't trust you.
trust: 信任
因为我不相信你。
-James: This is about the pregnancy thing.
pregnancy: 怀孕
看来是跟怀孕的事有关。
-Kate:James...
James...
-James:Yeah?
怎么了?
-Kate:Go home.
回去吧。
-James: Okay, fine. See you later, then.
好吧,那就待会见了。
-Duncan: You ready?
你准备好了吗?
-Kate:Is there a back entrance?
back entrance: 后门,后门入口
这里有后门吗?
-Duncan: Yeah, but you're going in the front door with your head held high, okay?
front door: 前门 hold high: 高举
是有,但是你要从前门。抬着头走进去,好吗?
-Kate:Yeah. okay. Let's do this.
好的,可以。开始面对吧。
-Reporters: Why'd you do it, Kate?
Kate,你为什么这么做?
-Duncan: Let us through.
through: 通过
请让个道。
Hey, folks, we're not making any statements or answering any questions right now. excuse us.
folk: 伙计 statement: 陈述 answer: 回答 question: 问题 right now: 现在
伙计们,现在我们不会发表任何意见或者回答任何问题,抱歉。
-Bailiff: The people against Katherine Anne Austen.
against: 反对【这里指起诉】
人民起诉Katherine Anne Austen
The honorable Arthur Galzethron presiding.
honorable: 可敬的 presiding: 主持的,主持会议的
主审法官Arthur Galzethron
The bailiff will read the counts.Will the defendant please rise?
bailiff: 法庭监守 count: 【法律】(起诉书上的)罪项,(被控告的)罪状 defendant: 被告 rise: 起立
法庭监守宣读诉状,被告请起立。
Katherine Anne Austen, you are charged with fraud, arson, assault on a federal officer, assault with a deadly weapon,
be charged with: 被控告 fraud: 欺骗,诈骗 arson: 纵火,纵火罪 assault: 袭击,突袭 federal officer: 联邦官员 deadly: 致命的,致死的 weapon: 武器
你被起诉诈骗纵火,袭击联邦官员,持械伤人,
grand larceny, grand theft auto and murder in the first degree.
grand: 重大的 larceny: 盗窃罪 theft: 偷窃 auto: =automobile汽车 murder: 谋杀 in the first degree: 一级
大窃盗罪(指所窃财物超过一定价值的盗窃),偷盗汽车,以及一级谋杀罪。
Miss Austen, how do you plead?
plead: 辩护,申诉
Austen女士,你怎么辩解?
-Kate: Not guilty.
not guilty: 无罪 guilty: 有罪的
我不认罪。
-Judge: Thus entered. I'll now hear argument on bail.
thus: 因此 enter: 进入,开始 argument: 辩论 on bail: 保释
鉴于以上情况,现在听取保释辩论。
-Melissa: Your honor, we are requesting that the defendant be remanded into custody for the duration of the trial.
honor: 尊敬 request: 要求 defendant: 被告 remand: 送还 custody: 拘留 duration: 持续 trial: 审判
法官大人,我们要求被告在候审期间不得保释出狱。
-Duncan: Your honor, my client's been free pending arraignment.
client: 委托人 pending: 未决定的,待决的 arraignment: 提审
法官大人,我的委托人可以随时被提审。
Now suddenly she's a flight risk?
suddenly: 突然 flight: 飞行,逃跑 risk: 风险 flight risk: 潜逃风险
现在怎么突然她就有了逃跑的可能了?
She's the very definition of a flight risk.
definition: 定义
她绝没有逃走的可能。
She has one of the most recognizable faces in America.
recognizable: 可认识的,可辨别的
全美国人民都认得出她这张脸。
Where is she going to run?
她还能跑到哪里去呢?
-Judge: Miss Austen, based on your prior history, I'm inclined to agree with the people.
based on: 以...为基础 prior: 较早的,在先的 be inclined to: 倾向于
Austen女士,基于你的前科,我倾向于民意。
You are hereby remanded into federal custody for the duration of your trial.
hereby: 因此 remand: 还押 federal: 联邦的 custody: 拘留,监禁 trial: 审判,审讯
你须得接受联邦关押候审
-Duncan: Your honor, my…
法官大人,我的..
-Judge: Bailiff, please take the defendant into custody.
defendant: 被告 custody: 拘留,监禁
法庭监守,请将被告带去关押。
-Duncan:Sorry.
抱歉。
-Jin: Al-bur... quer-que?
爱伯克奇(新墨西哥州第一大城市)?
-Sun:Too hot.
太热了。
-Jin: New york?
纽约?
-Sun:Too many people.
人太多了。
-Jin: More than Seoul?
比首尔人还多?
-Sun: What’s wrong with Seoul?
首尔有什么不好的了?
-Jin: We are going to leave this island any moment now.
leave: 离开 island: 岛 moment: 时刻
Sun,我们随时可以离开这个岛。
I learn English... for you...to live... in... America.
我是为了和你一起呆在美国才学英语的。
-Sun: I want...to raise my baby at home, in Korea.
raise: 抚养
我想要...让我的孩子在韩国自己家里长大。
-Jin: You mean our baby.
你是指我们的孩子。
-People: Hey, look! Jack! Jack! You're okay!
快看哪,Jack!你还好吧!
-Jack: Hey, man. This is, uh, Charlotte and Dan.
你们好啊。这两位是Charlotte和Dan。
Their helicopter already took Sayid and Desmond back to their freighter.
helicopter: 直升飞机 freighter: 货船
Sayid和Desmond已经坐直升飞机回到他们的船上去了。
They can make arrangements to get all of us off this island.
make arrangement: 做安排 get off: 离开
他们可以安排我们大家离开这个岛。
-Sun: Where's Kate?
Kate在哪里?
-Jack: She stayed with Locke.
stay with: 和某人呆在一起
她和Locke在一起。
-John: Hello, Kate.
Kate,你好。
-Kate: Is that blood?
blood: 血
那是血吗?
-John: I just... killed a chicken. What can I do for ya?
kill: 杀 chicken: 鸡 ya=you:只被用于口语
我刚杀了只鸡。我能为你做什么吗?
-Kate: I wanna talk to Miles. Where you keeping him?
wanna=want to:想要
我想和Miles谈谈,你把他关在哪儿了?
-John: Why do you need to talk to him?
你干嘛要跟他谈谈?
-Kate:Well, that's personal.
personal: 私人的,个人的
是我的一点私事。
-John:No.
不行。
-Kate: And what gives you the right to decide whether or not…
right: 权力 decide: 决定 whether or not: 是否
你凭什么说行或不行。
-John:You may think this is a democracy, Kate, because of the way Jack ran things.
democracy: 民主 because of: 因为 run: 运转,经营
可能你认为这里是民主管理的,也许Jack处理事情的方法让你有这种感觉。
But this is not a democracy.
但是在我这里没有什么民主。
-Kate:Then I guess that makes it a dictatorship.
dictatorship: 独裁政权
那我猜你是想独裁吧。
-John:If I was a dictator, I would just shoot you and go about my day.
dictator: 独裁者 shoot: 射击 go about: 着手
要是我是个独裁者我会一枪毙了你,然后该干嘛干嘛去。
Dinner's at 6:00 if you're hungry.
dinner: 晚饭 hungry: 饥饿的
饿了的话6点会开饭。
-Kate:Hey, Hurley! Wait. You bringing that to Miles?
Hurley,你好。等等。你是把那个给Miles吗?
-Hurley: Yeah.
是的。
-Kate:Yeah, Locke asked me to do it.
Locke让我来送。
-Hurley: Cool. That dude creeps me out.
cool: [俚语]极妙的,极好的,出色的 dude: 兄弟,家伙 creep: (由于恐惧、厌恶等)起鸡皮疙瘩;毛发直竖
好啊,那家伙让我不大爽。
-Kate: He's still in the rec room, right?
rec room: [美国口语]= recreation room [亦作rec hall]
他还是关在娱乐室对吗?
-Hurley: No, I moved him to the boathouse that..
boathouse: 船库
不,我把他转移到船库。
You just totally scooby-doo'd me, didn't you?
totally: 完全地 scooby-doo: [to get information out of someone by making them think that you are meant to have that information.通过故意想知道答案的方式问别人]
你是在故意套我的话吧?
-Kate:Sorry.
对不起。
-Hurley: You're not gonna let him go, are ya?
gonna=going to: 将要
你不会放他走的,对吧?
-Kate: No. No, I promise.
promise: 保证
不,不会,我保证。
-Hurley: Just don't tell Locke it was me.
不要告诉Locke我让你去的。
-Miles:So the Arab traded you, too, huh?
Arab: 阿拉伯人 trade: 交易,交换
那个阿拉伯人也把你换来了?
-Kate: Do you know who I am?
你知道我是谁吗?
-Miles:Excuse me?
什么意思?
-Kate:Do you know who I am? Do you know what I did?
你知道我是什么人吗?你知道我做过什么吗?
-Miles:What did you do?
你做过什么?
-Kate:Answer the question.
answer: 回答
回答我的问题。
-Miles: Okay. I'll tell you what you want to know, but you gotta do something for me first.
gotta=have got to 必须
好吧。我会给你想要的答案,但你得先为我做点事情。
-Kate:I'm not letting you go.
我不会放你走的。
-Miles:I don't want to be let go. I am exactly where I want to be.
exactly: 恰好的,正是
我不想被放走,这就是我想来的地方。
What I want... Is one minute...of someone's time.
我要的是...和一个人待上一会儿。
You bring him to me, and I will tell you everything I know about you.
bring: 带来
你把他带给我,我就告诉你所有关于你的事情。
-Kate:Who?
谁?
-Miles:Who do you think?
你觉得是谁呢?
-Duncan:You okay?
你还好吧?
-Kate:Yeah, I'm fine.
我还好。
-Duncan: Listen, the D.A.'s decided to try this case herself, which means they're gonna do the full court press,
D.A.: district attorney地方检察官 case: 案子 full court press: 全场紧逼【篮球用语,形容“全力以赴”】 full: 全部 court: 法院 press: 压力
听着,地区检察官要亲自做这个案子,这就意味着他们会全力以赴。
And we need to start talking about cutting a deal.
cut a deal: [美国口语]达成协议,做交易
我们就得想法庭外调解。
-Kate:What kind of deal?
怎么个调解?
-Duncan:Honestly, my best guess,I'd say she'll take a 15-year sentence, and you serve seven.
honestly: 坦诚的,真诚的 take a sentence: 判刑 serve: 服务
老实说,据我最乐观的估计可能她会判你个15年。你服刑到第7年可以申请假释。
-Kate:No way.
没门。
-Duncan: If you go to trial, Kate, You're looking at 20 years on each count,
trial: 审判 count: 数,数量【这里指每项罪名】
Kate,如果你的案子庭审的话,每项罪名都会让你关上个20年。
not to mention a life sentence on the murder charge.
not to mention: 更不用说 life sentence: 无期徒刑 murder charge: 谋杀罪
更别说你那项谋杀罪名就得判个终身监禁。
-Kate: No.
不行。
-Duncan:Kate, you confessed to your mother that you killed your father, and now she's their star witness.
confess to: 承认,坦白 star witness: 主要证人
Kate,你都向你妈亲口供认是你杀害了你父亲,现在她成了有力的人证。
So you tell me…what am I supposed to do?
be supposed to do: 应该,理应做某事
那你来告诉我,我该怎么办?
How am I supposed to win this thing?
win: 赢得
我要怎么才能赢这场官司?
-Kate: Put me on the stand.
stand:【这里指被告台】
带我上法庭吧。
-Duncan: And take a chance with the D. A. crossing you? No.
take a chance: 冒险,投机 cross: 在胸前划十字【这里指宽容对待】
然后期望地区检察官放你一马?不可能的。
Way I see it, we've got one shot at this.
one shot: 一次通过
依我之见,我们可以博一把。
-Kate:What's that?
是什么?
-Duncan: We make it about character, not about what you did or didn't do, but about who you are.
character: 性格,人物
我们在身份上做文章,不去纠结于你做过或没做过这些,而在于你是什么人。
-Kate: What do you mean, who I am?
什么意思,我是什么人?
-Duncan:I want him in the courtroom.
courtroom: 法庭,审判室
我想让他出席法庭。
-Kate: Absolutely not.
absolutely: 绝对的,完全的
绝对不行。
-Duncan: We need him, Kate. It'll generate tremendous sympathy.
generate: 产生 tremendous: 巨大的 sympathy: 同情
Kate,我们需要他去,这会带来极大的同情关注。
-Kate:Duncan, listen to me. you are not bringing him in here.
Duncan,听我说,你不能把他带过去。
All right, you wanna make this about me, about my character? Fine.But you are not using my son.
use: 利用,把…当工具使用
好吧,你想这么做这案子,关于我的身份,可以,但你就是不能利用我儿子。
-Charlotte: Maybe we should try a number other than the boat, like... 9-1-1.
other than: 不同于,除了
或许我们还可以试着打一打除了那船以外的号码,比如说911。
-Sun: What's wrong?
怎么回事?
-Jack: Nothing.
没事。
We're just having some trouble getting ahold of their boat.
get ahold of: 找到,找着…,与…联系(或接触) ahold: 迎风行驶;抓
就是跟那船的联系出了点问题。
-Sun: You haven't heard from sayid? You said they left yesterday.
hear from: 收到…的信
你还没有Sayid的消息吗?你说他们昨天就走了。
-Jack:And I'm sure they're fine.
be sure: 确定
我确定他们应该没事。
-Sun:What if Locke was right? What if these people are here to hurt us?
what if: 如果...怎么办 hurt: 伤害某人
万一Locke是对的呢?万一这些人真的是来伤害我们的?
-Jack:Locke has no idea what he's doing.
have no idea: 不知道,不了解
Locke做事情没理智的。
-Sun: Then why is Kate with him?
那为什么Kate留在他那边?
-Kate: You sure he's got Ben in his basement?
basement: 地下室
你确定他把Ben关在地下室吗?
-Claire: Uh-huh. I saw Rousseau take him in there last night.
last night: 昨晚
恩,我看到Rousseau昨晚把他带过去的。
-Kate: Does Locke ever go out?
go out: 出去
Locke出去过吗?
-Kate: No. He's been in there cooking all day. He invited us all over for dinner.
invite: 邀请
没有,他整天在里面烧菜弄饭。他邀请我们大家去晚餐。
Oh, can you get Aaron for me?
你能帮我带一下Aaron吗
Um...Just pick him up and rock him a little bit.
pick up: 拾起,捡起 rock: 摇摆 a little bit: 一点儿
就是把他抱起来,轻轻的摇摇拍拍。
-Kate: Yeah, I'm just... not very good with babies.
good: 有技巧的,成功的
我有点不大擅长和婴儿打交道。
I wouldn't want him to get more upset.
upset: 失落的,沮丧的
我不想把他弄得更不舒服。
-Claire:Here, I got him. Ohh. It's okay. Here we go, muffin.
muffin: 松饼
好吧,我来抱他。没事的。小宝贝,到这儿来。
Yeah. there we go.
对了,抱住你了。
-Kate: You're so good with him.
你真会带他。
-Claire:What? Just the last thing I ever thought I'd be good at is being a mum.
the last thing: 最不可能的事情 be good at: 擅长
是吗?我从没想过自己能够当个好妈妈。
You know, you should try it sometime.
你知道,有时你得试着去做。
Hey, Aaron. Come on, sweetie.
Aaron,别哭了,亲爱的。
-Bailiff: Please rise. Court is now in session. Please be seated.
court: 法庭 session: 会议 be seated: 就座
请起身现在开庭,请就座。
-Duncan: Don't fire me, okay?
fire: 解雇
不要解雇我,好吗?
-Kate: What?
什么?
-Duncan: We got killed in the opening. I had to do this.
opening: 开始
一开始你就败仗阵来,我必须这样做。
-Judge: Does the defense have a witness?
witness: 目击者,证人
被告有证人没有?
-Duncan: Yes, we do, your honor.
your honor: 对法官和某些高级官员的尊称
是的,有,法官大人。
-Duncan: The defense calls Dr. Jack Shephard to the witness stand.
witness stand: 证人席
被告传召Jack Shephard医生到证人席。
-Melissa: Your honor, I'd like to renew my objection to this witness on the basis of relevance.
renew: 恢复,复始 objection: 反对 on the basis of: 以...为基础 relevance: 关联
法官大人,基于他们的关系我重申反对传唤这位证人。
-Judge: And I'm going to renew my overruling of your objection.
overrule: 否决,驳回
反对无效。
You are to be aware that this witness did not meet the defendant until after the alleged crimes she is being charged with.
aware: 知道的,意识到的 witness: 证人 alleged: 被指称的 crime: 犯罪 be charged with: 被控告
你们知道,该证人在被告被控告有罪后才认识的。
He's to be viewed as a character witness only.
view: 看,考虑
他只能视为被告的品德信誉见证人。
Proceed.
proceed: 继续前行
请继续。
-Bailiff: Please raise your right hand.
raise: 举起
请举起右手。
Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, And nothing but the truth so help you god?
swear to: 发誓 nothing but: 只有,仅仅
你能向上帝发誓你所说的话全部是事实吗?
-Jack: Yes.
是的。
-Duncan: Dr. Shephard... Could you please tell the ladies and gentlemen of the jury…
jury: 陪审团
你能告诉陪审团
If there are any of you who don't read newspapers or the internet or watch television...
internet: 网络
你们之中谁没有读过报纸上过网或看过电视...
How you met the defendant?
defendant: 被告
你是怎样认识被告的?
-Jack: Um... On september 22, 2004,
在2004年9月22日。
Kate...Uh...Miss Austen and I were both passengers on oceanic flight 815, which crash-landed on an island in the south pacific.
passenger: 乘客 oceanic: 海洋的 crash-land: 紧急着陆 the South Pacific: 南太平洋 pacific: 太平洋
我和Austen小姐是坠毁在南太平洋一个岛上大洋815航班的乘客。
-Duncan: Were you aware that Miss Austen was a fugitive being transported by a United States marshal on that flight to Los Angeles for trial?
aware: 意识到 fugitive: 逃亡者 transport: 运输 marshal: 执行官 flight: 航班 Los Angeles: 洛杉矶 trial: 审讯
你知道Austen小姐是一名逃亡者吗?知道她由一名美国执行官押送乘座飞机到洛杉矶接受审讯吗?
-Jack: I did learn that eventually, yes.
eventually: 最后,终于
是的,我知道。
-Duncan: From the U.S. marshal?
marshal: 执行官
是从美国执行官那得知的吗?
-Jack: No, the marshal died in the crash. Uh, I never spoke to him.
crash: 迫降
不是,执行官在坠毁中死了。我从来没有和他说过话。
Miss Austen told me.
Austen告诉我的。
-Duncan:Did you ever ask her if she was guilty?
你是否问过她她到底有罪没有?
-Jack: No. Never.
没有。
-Duncan: Well, it seems like a reasonable question. Why not?
seem: 像是 reasonable: 合理的
似乎还是个合情理的问题,为什么?
-Jack: I just assumed that there'd been some kind of mistake.
assume: 推想,认为 kind of: 有点儿 mistake: 错误
我觉得肯定是有一些误会。
-Duncan: And why would you think that?
你为什么这样认为?
-Jack: Only eight of us survived the crash.
survive: 生存,生还
飞机坠毁后只有我们八人生还。
We landed in the water. I was hurt pretty badly.
land: 登陆 hurt: 受伤 pretty: 非常 badly: 严重
我们掉在水里,我伤得很重。
In fact, if it weren't for her, I would have never made it to the shore.
in fact: 实际上 shore: 岸
事实上,要不是她的话我肯定上不了岸。
She took care of me. she took care of all of us.
take care of: 照顾,照料
她照顾我,照顾我们所有人。
She gave us first aid,water, found food, made shelter.
first aid: 急救 shelter: 庇护所
她给我们急救给我们找水和食物,建庇护所。
She tried to save the other two, but they didn't…
她试图救另外两个,但是他们没有...
-Kate:Stop.
别说了。
-Judge: Miss Austen, please sit down.
sit down: 坐下
Austen女士,请坐下。
-Kate:This has nothing to do with... with anything.
have nothing to do with: 与...无关
这和...和这些事没关系。
This is my trial,and I don't want him to say anything else.
trial: 审判
这是我的审判,我不想他说与此无关的事。
-Duncan:It's fine. I have no more questions, your honor.
好了,我没有问题了,法官大人。
-Judge:Miss dunbrook, Your witness.
Dunbrook女士到你发问。
-Melissa: That was very moving, Dr. Shephard.
moving: 震惊的,感人的
这真让人感动,Shephard医生。
I only have one question for you… Do you love the defendant?
defendant: 被告
我只问你一个问题,你爱被告吗?
-Duncan: Objection.
objection: 反对
反对。
-Judge: You opened this door, Mr. Forrester. I'm going to allow it.
allow: 允许
Forrester,是你开了先河。我允许问这个问题。
-Melissa:Dr. Shephard? Do you love Miss austen?
Shephard医生你爱Austen女士吗?
-Jack: No. Not anymore.
anymore: 不爱,再也不
不爱,不再爱了。
-Hurley: So... what do you want to watch…Xanadu or "Satan's doom"?
Xanadu: 世外桃源【仙那度(Xanadu)是蒙古极盛时期,马可波罗在忽必烈大汗身边亲眼目睹的神秘桃花源,现形容“世外桃源,风景引人入胜的地方”】 Satan: 撒旦 doom: 命运
那么,你想看什么世外桃源或撒旦死亡记?
-Sawyer: I'm reading. Turn that thing down, damn it.
turn down: 关小,调低 damn: 该死的,可恶的
我在看书。把那玩意儿关小点,妈的。
-Hurley: Sorry.
抱歉。
-Kate: Hey. can I come in?
嘿,我能进来吗?
-Sawyer:Sure. I believe you know my roommate.
roommate: 室友
当然可以。我敢肯定你认识我的室友。
-Kate: Hi, Hurley.
你好,Hurley。
-Hurley: Hey, Kate.
你好,Kate。
-Sawyer:Got somethin' in your eye, hugo?
你眼睛进东西了吗?Hugo。
Why don't we talk in the kitchen?
kitchen: 厨房
我们不如到厨房谈吧。
I know it's in a box, but, uh... It's pretty damn good wine.
pretty: 非常 damn: 该死的 wine: 酒 test: 试验
我知道尽管是在盒子里,但是真的是他妈的好酒。
I tested it. So how's the life at Casa de Claire?
casa: 房屋
我尝过了。和Claire住在一起感觉怎样?
Baby Aaron keeping you up all night?
Aaron是不是吵得你整夜睡不着?
-Kate: No. no, he's a good sleeper.
sleeper: 熟睡者
不,他睡得很熟。
-Sawyer: Good for you. You are terrible at this, freckles.
terrible: 可怕的,糟糕的 freckle: 雀斑,斑点
那很好啊。你真行不擅长这个,雀斑女。
-Kate: Terrible at what?
不擅长什么?
-Sawyer:You already said you didn't stay behind for me.
stay behind: 仍留在原地
你说过你不是为我而留下来的,
So at least be woman enough to tell me you wanna use me for somethin'.
at least: 至少
至少你得够女人味来告诉我你要利用我做什么。
-Kate: I wanna use you for something.
我想你帮我。
-Sawyer:See? Wasn't that hard. For what?
瞧,没那么难吧?干什么?
-Kate: For Ben. I want you to help me bust him out.
bust out: 逃出,脱逃,摆脱
把Ben弄出来。我想你帮我把Ben弄出来。
-Sawyer:Wanna play some backgammon?
backgammon: 西洋双陆棋戏
想玩玩西洋双陆棋吗?
-John: You're on.
be on: 参与,参加
好啊。
-John:Do you think I know what I'm doing?
你觉得我知不知道我的所做所为?
Huh? Do you..regret following me out here,or are ya worried about what we should do next?
regret: 后悔 follow: 跟随 worry about: 担心
你...后悔跟我一起到这儿?还是担心我们下一步该怎么走?
-Sawyer: All I know is I'd be a lot more worried if I was sitting on that beach.
a lot more: 更多的 beach: 海滩
我只知道如果我在那岸边的话我会更担心。
-John: And the rest of the group…what are they saying?
剩下的那些人,他们在谈论什么?
-Sawyer:I think they're saying, "baa." That's the nice thing about sheep.
我想他们在谈论羊叫声。关于绵羊的,这是件好事。
They're predictable. But I ain't so sure about Kate.
predictable: 可预言的 ain't:=am not
他们是这样预言的。但是我不敢肯定Kate也这样想。
-John:What do you mean?
什么意思?
-Sawyer: I need your word you ain't gonna do nothing to her.
我要你发誓你不会伤害她。
-John: Why would I do anything to her?
我为什么要伤害她?
-Sawyer: Just give me your word, John.
你向我保证,John。
You know what? Forget it.
forget it: 算了吧,不放在心上
你知道吗?算了。
-John:No, no. no. all right. You have my word.
you have my word: 我保证
不,好吧。我向你保证。
-Sawyer:She came to me about an hour ago, said she wanted my help busting Ben out of your basement.
basement: 地下室
一个小时前她找到我,要我帮助她把Ben从地下室弄出来。
-John:Why?
为什么?
-Sawyer:She talked to that guy... Bruce Lee from the freighter…the guy you got locked up.
freighter: 货船 Bruce Lee: 李小龙【Sawyer指Miles是亚洲人】 lock up: 监禁,禁闭
她和那家伙谈过了...就是从货船来的Bruce Lee,你关着的那个。
He told her to bring Ben down to him for a chat.
chat: 聊天
他叫她把Ben带去和他谈谈。
-John: No, that's impossible. She doesn't even know where Miles is.
不,不可能。她连Miles在哪都不知道。
-Sawyer: What? The boathouse down by the dock? If hugo knows, everybody knows.
boathouse: 船库 dock: 船坞
什么?他在去船坞的船库里,只要Hugo知道,大家都会知道。
-John:Are you sure about this?
你确定吗?
-Sawyer:Yeah, I'm sure. Whoa, whoa, whoa. Where you going with that?
whoa: 惊叹声
是的,我确定。你带那玩意儿要上哪去?
-John: Whatever Miles has to say to Ben, He can say to me.
whatever: 无论什么
不管Miles要对Ben说什么,他都可以和我说。
-Sawyer:Son of a bitch.
son of a bitch: 坏蛋,他妈的
婊子养的。
-Kate: Come on. You got one minute. go.
快点。一分钟,快点。
-Miles: How about some privacy?
privacy: 隐私,秘密
能不能单独谈?
-Kate: Fifty...five seconds.
55秒。
-Miles:You know who I am?
你知道我是谁吗?
-Ben: Yes.
对。
-Miles: You know who I work for?
work for: 为...效力
你知道我为谁工作?
-Ben:Yes.
对。
-Miles:Then you know he's put a lot of time and energy into finding you. So now I found you,
energy: 精力,能力
那么你也知道他花了很多时间和精力来找你。现在我找到你了。
And I can tell him exactly where you are. Or I can lie and tell him you were already dead.
And I'd be willing to do that for $3.2 million.
exactly: 精确地 lie: 说谎
我可以告诉他你到底在哪儿,或者我可以撒谎说你已经死了,如果你愿给我320万。
-Ben:You've arranged this meeting so you could blackmail me?
arrange: 安排 blackmail: 敲诈,勒索
你安排这次会面就是为了敲诈我吗?
-Miles:It's extortion, if you wanna get technical.
extortion: 敲诈,勒索 get technical:【变的技术性一点,technical: 技术性的】
如果你认为是敲诈,那就是吧。
-Ben: 3.2? Well, why not 3.3 or 3.4?
320万,为什么不说330万或340万?
What makes you think I have access to that kind of money?
have access to: 可以到达,可以使用
是什么让你觉得我有那么多钱?
-Miles:Do not treat me like I'm one of them, like I don't know who you are and what you can do.
treat: 对待
不要以为我是他们中一员,不要认为我不知道你是谁和你的能力。
-Ben: Your friend Charlotte has seen me. She knows I'm alive.
alive: 活着的
你的朋友Charlotte来见过我,她知道我还活着。
-Miles: I'll take care of Charlotte.
我会搞定Charlotte。
You just worry about getting me the money. You have two days.
worry about: 担心
你就只管担心给我凑钱吧,你有两天时间。
-Ben:My present situation is a little bit restricted. Can that be amended?
present: 现在 situation: 情况 a little bit: 有点儿 restricted: 受限制的 amend: 修正,改善
我目前的情形有点糟糕,可不可以再缓点?
-Miles: Okay. One week, in cash.
in cash: 用现金
好。一星期,我要现金。
-Kate: Time's up.
时间到了。
-Miles: Don't even think about…
想都别想
-Kate: I said time's up!
我说时间到了。
-Miles:Ooh, this is hot.
你这样让我激动。
-Kate: You got your meeting. Now I want my answer.
你已见到他了,现在我要我的答案。
-Miles: We got your name when you called the freighter.
freighter: 货船
当你呼叫货船时我们就知道你的名字了
Of course, we know about you and everybody else on the 815 manifest.
manifest: 旅客名单
当然,我们知道你的一切,而且其他人的名字也在815名单上。
-Kate: Then prove it.
prove: 证明
证明它。
-Miles:Your name is Katherine Anne Austen.
你叫Katherine Anne Austen
You're wanted for murder, fraud, arson,
murder: 谋杀 fraud: 欺诈 arson: 纵火
因谋杀欺诈纵火罪而被逮捕。
A whole bunch of other stuff I can't remember.
whole bunch of: 一大堆,一大群 remember: 记住
其他事我也记不清了。
You're a fugitive, got caught in Australia, And the feds are bringing you back.
fugitive: 逃亡者 fed: 联邦 bring…back: 带回
你是个逃亡者,在澳大利亚被抓,联邦调查人员把你逮捕归案。
So, yeah, we know. If I were you, I'd stay right here on the island.
right here: 就在这里
是的。我们都知道。如果我是你,我就会呆在这岛上。
Who knows? Maybe you didn't survive the crash.
survive: 生还 crash: 迫降,坠毁
这样谁也不知道,别人可能以为你在坠毁中死了。
-Kate:Come on.
走吧。
-John: Go back to your house, Kate.
快回去,Kate。
-Kate: John, this has nothing to do with you…
have nothing to do with 和...毫无关系
John,这和你没关系。
-John: Go back to your house, Kate!
滚回去,Kate!
-Claire: Hey. You okay?
你还好吗?
-Kate:I couldn't sleep.
sleep: 睡觉,睡着
我睡不着。
-Claire: Yeah. The beds take a little getting used to.
get used to: 习惯于
我们是要花点时间去习惯睡这床。
-Kate:I didn't wake Aaron, did I?
wake: 吵醒
我没吵醒Aaron吧?
-Claire:No, Aaron was born on this island. He can sleep through anything.
没有,Aaron是在这岛上出生的,他不管怎样也能睡着。
John? What are you doing?
你来做有事吗?
-John: I'd like a... a moment alone with Kate. Would you excuse us, please, Claire?
alone: 单独的
我想和Kate单独呆会儿,可以吗?Claire。
-Kate:It's okay. John…
没事。John,我...
-John:I don't need to know why you did what you did. Kate, I just need to know what they said to each other.
我不想知道你为什么这样做,Kate,我只想知道他们说了什么。
-Kate:Miles told Ben that he would lie to the people he works for on the boat,
work for: 为...效力
Miles告诉Ben他会向他船上的老板撒谎。
Tell them that ben was dead, for $3.2 million.
只要拿到320万,他就告诉他们Ben已经死了。
Hmm. Listen, John, I'm sorry. I asked you where he was…
John,我很抱歉,我问过你他在哪。
-John:You're not welcome here anymore. I want you gone by morning.
welcome: 受欢迎的 anymore: 不再,再也不
你不能再呆在这儿了,我希望你明早就走。
-Duncan: I worked it out so you two can have a few minutes of privacy.
privacy: 隐私,秘密
我想你们俩该单独谈谈。
-Kate: I don't need any privacy.
我不想和她谈。
-Duncan: You need to talk to her, Kate. I'll be outside.
outside: 在外面
你应该和她谈谈,Kate。我会在外面。
-Mom: Hello, Katherine. Was it true, what he said? Dr. shepherd…that you're a hero.
hero: 英雄
你好,Katherine,Shephard医生说的是真的吗?他说你是个英雄。
Why won't you talk to me?
你为什么不理我?
-Kate: Because, mom, the last time I tried to talk to you, when you got sick, when I risked my life to see you,
get sick: 生病 risk one’s life: 冒生命危险
因为,妈妈上次你病了,我试着和你交谈,我冒险去看你,
you screamed for help and called the police.
scream: 尖叫 call the police: 报警
你却大叫救命还打电话给警察。
-Mom: Please. I don't want to fight with you, Katherine
fight with: 与...吵架
求你了。我不想和你吵,Katherine。
-Kate: Why are you here?
你为什么来这?
-Mom:Because... I...It all changed when I thought you were dead.
因为...我... 我那时以为你已经死了,一切都变了。
My doctors have given me six months to live for the last four years.
在过去四年里医生说我只能活六个月。
I don't know how long I'm going to last.
last: 延续,持续
我不知道自己还能活多久。
I came here to tell you that I... I don't want to testify against you.
testify: 证明,作证
我来是想告诉你 我...我不想做对你不利的证言。
-Kate:Then don't.
那就不要。
-Mom:I want to see my grandson.
grandson: 外孙
我想见见我孙子。
-Kate:You came here to make a deal?
make a deal: 做一笔交易
你来这和我谈条件?
-Mom:I just wanna meet him.
我只是想见见他。
-Kate:I don't want you anywhere near him.
anywhere near: 一点儿,压根
我不想你接近他。
We're finished. We're finished!
我们说完了。我们说完了!
-Sawyer: Oh, hey, freckles. You okay?
freckle: 雀斑
嘿,雀斑女,你还好吧?
Look, I'm sorry I couldn't do nothing.
对不起,我不能坐视不管。
I wanted him to think that you fooled me, too.
fool: 愚弄,欺骗
我想让他觉得你也耍了我。
No sense in him not trusting both of us.
sense: 理由 trust: 信任
他不相信我们俩。
-Kate:He wants me gone by tomorrow.
他让我在明天前离开。
-Sawyer:What, he... banished you?
banish: 驱逐
什么?他...赶你走?
Well, I un…sh you. You can stay right... Here.
呃,我不会赶你走,你可以呆在...这儿。
This is my house. Okay, me and Montezuma's house.
这是我的屋子,好吧,是我和Montezuma的房间。
You're gonna be all right. I'll keep you safe.
safe: 安全的
你一定会没事的。我会保护你。
-Charlotte: Time. Okay, tell me. What do you remember?
时间到,好了,告诉我你都记得什么牌?
Okay,uh,queen of diamonds.
queen: 女王 diamond: 方块牌
好,呃,方块Q。
Then we... six...of...clubs. sorry. And we have the red 10 of...
club: 在扑克中指梅花
然后,我们有...梅花...的...六,不好意思我们还有十个...
Hearts, maybe?
heart: 心
红心,对吧?
-Charlotte: It's two out of three. It's not bad. It's progress.
progress: 进步
对了两个,还不错,有进步。
Three cards,Charlotte. Is that progress? hey.
就三张牌,Charlotte,算是进步吗?
-Jack: Been calling your boat all day. Why isn't anyone answering?
answer: 应答,接电话
呼叫了一天了,你的船上怎么没人应答?
-Charlotte: We're here. How should we know?
我们俩在这,我们怎么知道?
If they're not answering, then they're probably…
如果没人应答,那他们可能已经...
-Jack: Now are you telling me there is only one line on that boat?
line: 线路
你不会是想告诉我,你的船上只有一条通信线路吧?
-Charlotte: There is another number that we're only supposed to use in emergencies.
be supposed to: 应该应当 emergency: 紧急情况,突发事件
还有一个通信号码是为紧急情况准备的。
-Jack:It's an emergency.
这就是紧急情况。
Put it on speaker.
speaker: 扬声器
打开扬声器。
-Regina: Yeah?
喂?
-Charlotte: Regina, it's Charlotte.
Regina,我是Charlotte。
-Regina:Why are you calling me on this number?
你怎么用这个号打过来?
-Charlotte: Minkowski wasn't answering.
Minkowski没接。
The people on the island want to talk to their friends, Make sure they're all right.
make sure: 确保
岛上的人想和他们的朋友通话从而确定他们安全。
-Regina:What...friends?
什么...朋友?
-Charlotte:They left last night. Frank took 'em up in the helicopter.
helicopter: 直升飞机
他们昨晚离开了这里,Frank开着直升机接走了他们。
-Regina:What do you mean, they took off? I thought the helicopter was with you.
take off: 起飞
什么意思?开直升机接他们?我以为直升机一直在你们那。
-John: Morning.
早安
-Miles: Listen, I don't know what you think you're doing, but you're wasting your time.
waste: 浪费
听着,我不知道你在干嘛。你只是在浪费你的时间。
-John: Open your mouth. Wide. Don't talk. Bite down. Bite down.
wide: 宽阔的【这里指“把嘴巴张大点”】 bite down: 咬下去
张嘴,大一点,别出声,咬住,咬住。
I realize that when I tied you up in here the other day, I made the mistake of failing to introduce myself.
the other day: 前几天 tie…up: 绑起来 make a mistake: 犯错误 fall to do: 未能做某事 introduce: 介绍
我觉得我那天把你捆起来的时候没能好好介绍自己。
My name is John Locke, and I'm responsible for the well-being of this island.
responsible: 有责任的,负责的 well-being: 幸福,安宁
我叫John Locke维护这个岛的安宁。
Eventually, Miles, you're gonna tell me who you are
eventually: 最终,最后
最终,Miles,你会告诉我你是谁。
And you're gonna tell me about the people on the boat
还会告诉我船上那些人的情况。
And you're gonna tell me why you're so interested in Ben.
be interested in: 对...感兴趣
还有你们为什么对Ben那么感兴趣。
In the meantime, however, You're gonna keep your mouth shut.
in the meantime: 同时 shut: 闭上
但是现在你的把嘴闭紧。
I learned something yesterday. No use having rules if there's no punishment for breaking them
rule: 规则 punishment: 惩罚 break: 违背,破坏
昨天我学到,如果没有惩罚规矩就没用。
You'll be fine if you bite down on the trigger.
bite down: 咬下去 trigger: 触发器,扳机
你咬住触发器就不会有事。
Enjoy your breakfast.
享受你的早餐吧。
-Kate: Wait a minute. Wait a minute. Just…slow down. slow.
slow down: 放慢点
等等,等会,慢点,慢一些。
-Sawyer: Oh, come on. It's not like we ain't never done it before.
来吧。又不是没这么干过。
Yeah,I'm cool we didn't go all the way last night.
all the way: 自始至终
昨晚我们没离开可真好。
I get it. You were sad.
I get it: 我懂了 sad: 悲伤的
知道了,你很难过。
But, I mean, how can you resist after that whole, I'll keep you safe thing?
resist: 抵抗,抗拒
但我想说你又怎么能抗拒那句让我保护你呢?
-Kate:No. Sawyer... just...
不是,Sawyer...只是...
-Sawyer: What?
只是什么?
-Kate:What? what'd I say? Just... forget it.
forget it: 算了吧
什么?我说什么了?只是...算了。
-Sawyer: Oh, right. You still think you might be pregnant.
pregnant: 怀孕的
好吧。你仍然觉得你可能怀孕了。
-Kate:I'm not worried. And I'm not pregnant.
worried: 烦扰的,忧心忡忡的
我不担心,而且我没怀孕。
-Sawyer: Are you sure?
你确定?
-Kate:Yeah, I'm sure.
是的,是真的。
-Sawyer: Ha ha! I mean... Whoo!Whoo!
哈哈!我是说...太棒了!
-Kate:Would it have been the worst thing in the world?
the worst thing: 糟糕透顶的事情
如果那样会是最糟的吗?
-Sawyer: Yes! Yes, it would've been the worst thing in the world.
会啊!当然,那将是世界上最糟糕的事。
What would we have done with a baby?
我们有了孩子该怎么办?
-Kate:I'm going back to the beach.
go back: 回去 beach: 海滩
我要回海滩去。
-Sawyer: Beach? What, you're leaving because of this?
because of: 因为,由于
海滩?怎么?因为这个你就要走?
That's that? You crawl up in my bed one second, the next, you're just…
crawl up: 爬上
就这样了?你跟我上床,紧接着你就要…
-Kate: Good bye.
再见
-Sawyer: Don't make this about me, Kate.
别拿我出气,Kate。
You didn't want a baby any more than I did.
any more than: 至多
你并不是比我更想要个孩子。
You're just looking for some excuse to split,
look for: 寻找 excuse: 借口 split: 分离,分开
你不过是想找个理由离开。
and now you got one.
现在你找到了一个。
Well,that's all right,freckles.
freckle: 雀斑,斑点
那么好吧,雀斑女。
I ain't gonna hold it against ya. I'm just gonna sit right here in my comfy bed,
hold against: 因…对(某人)抱成见,因…而歧视(某人) right here: 就在这里 comfy=comfortable: 舒适的,舒服的
我不跟你吵,我只会呆在我舒适的床上,
because in about a week, you'll find some reason to get pissed at Jack and bounce right back to me.
reason: 理由 pissed: 愤怒的 bounce: 弹跳
因为只消大概一周,你就会找个理由和Jack闹翻,然后回到我身边。
-Melissa: Good. all right. Go back to the hospital,
好吧。回医院去。
Find out which doctor she's visiting. I want you to find out where she
find out: 找出,查明
查出她的医生是谁,我想让你查出她在哪
-Judge: Miss Dunbrook. Are the people ready to proceed?
proceed: 继续前行
Dunbrook小姐,可以继续了吗?
-Melissa: May we approach the bench, your honor?
approach: 接近,靠近 the bench: 法官席
法官大人,我们想近前谈话。
-Judge:Oh. please.
好吧。
-Melissa:Unfortunately, your honor, our chief witness, Diane Jansen, the mother of the defendant, is unable to testify because of medical reasons.
unfortunately: 不幸的 chief: 主要的 witness: 目击者 defendant: 被告 testify: 作证 medical: 医疗的
不幸的是,法官大人,我们的主要证人Diane Jansen被告的母亲由于某些健康原因不能出庭作证。
-Judge:How long will you need?
你需要多长时间?
-Melissa:I can't say right now.
right now: 马上,立刻
现在我还说不准。
-Judge: What I'll do is grant a recess for lunch, but be prepared to proceed with your case after we return.
grant: 同意,授予 recess: 休息 be prepared to: 准备好 case: 案件 return: 返回
我将休庭至午饭时,但在我们开庭时请你准备好继续你的案子。
This court is now in recess. All rise.
in recess: 暂停,休息
现在休庭,起立。
-Melissa: We have to talk.
我们得谈谈。
My key witness spoke to her daughter yesterday, and now she's got cold feet.
key witness: 关键证人 get cold feet: 失去勇气,临阵退缩
我的主要证人昨天和她的女儿交谈而现在她却退却了
-Duncan:Quit posturing, and let's get to it.
quit: 停止 posture: 作…姿势
装的挺像,那我们就商量商量。
What are you offering?
offer: 提供
你的提议是什么?
-Melissa:Four years in.
四年监禁。
-Duncan:No jail time.
jail: 监狱
不能有监禁。
Kate Austen is a worldwide hero who saved five other peoples' lives after a plane crash.
worldwide: 世界范围的 crash: 迫降
Kate Austen是全世界的英雄,她在坠机事件中救了五条命。
And nearly starved to death on a deserted island,
starve to death: 饿死 deserted: 荒凉的,荒芜的
在一个废弃的岛上差点饿死。
And after all that, you put this woman on trial for rescuing her mother from an abusive husband.
on trial: 受审 rescue: 解救 abusive: 虐待的
而在这些之后,你把她告上法庭,仅因为她想把她妈妈从施虐狂丈夫手中救出。
If you think that jury is gonna give her actual time, then... you must have a hell of a closing, Melissa.
jury: 陪审团 actual time: 实际时间【这里指“如果给Kate判处实际的刑罚”】 hell: 地狱
如果你认为陪审团会给她监禁,你一定会下地狱的,Melissa。
-Melissa:Mm. All right. Time served, plus ten years' probation
probation: 缓刑 plus: 加上
好吧。监禁时间不变,加上十年缓刑期。
And agreement that she does not leave the State.
agreement: 协议
而且必须保证她不能离开美国。
-Duncan: What does that matter? She can go anywhere…
那有什么关系?她能去任何地...
-Kate: I'll take it.
我接受。
-Duncan: No. wait, Kate…
不,等等,Kate
-Kate: Give me something to sign, and I'll sign it, and then I walk out the back door.
sign: 签字 back door: 后门
给我个协议,我会签,然后我走出后门。
I just... I just want this to be over.
我只是...我只是想这一切结束。
-Melissa: I can do that. Ten years' probation, and you stay put.
probation: 缓刑 stay put: [美口]呆在原处
好吧。十年缓刑,你呆在这。
-Kate: I have a child. I'm not going anywhere.
我有个小孩,我哪都不会去。
-Kate: Hey. How did you know I'd be here?
你怎么知道我会来这?
-Jake: Uh, your... your lawyer gave me the heads-up. He owed me one.
heads-up: [美国口语]机敏的,随机应变的,灵活机动的 owe: 欠
你的律师给了我提示。他欠我的。
-Kate: Thank you... for saying what you did.
谢谢...你说了你做的。
-Jake:You're welcome.
不客气。
-Kate: You know, Jack, I've heard you say that story so many times, I'm starting to think you believe it.
believe: 相信
你知道,Jack,我已经听过你说那个故事好多遍了,我觉得你开始相信了。
-Jake: I just…I just wanted to tell you that what I said in there... I didn't mean it.
mean: 打算,意欲
我只想-我只想告诉你,我在那所说的...都不是我的本意。
-Kate: You wanna follow me? Come by for a visit?
come by: 串门
你能跟我来?顺便来我家做客吗?
-Jake:Uh... I... I actually have to get over to the hospital, But, um, maybe you and I could grab some coffee together or something?
get over: 恢复 grab: 抓取【这里指喝咖啡】
我..我其实得去医院,不过你我也许可以一起喝杯咖啡?
-Kate: I know why you don't wanna see the baby, Jack.
我知道你为什么不想看到孩子,Jack。
But until you do, until you want to... There's no... you and me going for coffee.
但直到你想直到你想见...就不会有...你我去喝咖啡之类的话了
But, um... Come and see us.If at any time you change your mind,
at any time: 在任何时候 change one’s mind: 改变主意
但是...如果你改变主意,过来看看我们。
-Jake:Yeah. Okay.
好。好吧。
-Kate: Bye.
再见。
-Jake:Bye.
再见。
-Kate: Hello?
有人吗?
-Nanny: Kate! I'm so glad you're back. Mmm. he missed you so much.
miss: 想念
Kate!很高兴你回来,他特别想你。
-Kate: Did you keep him away from the TV?
keep sb. away from: 使某人远离...
你有没有管着他别看电视?
-Nanny: Absolutely. I just put him down for a nap.
nap: 午睡
当然。我刚把他放下打盹。
-Kate: Hey, buddy. Hey.Hey.
buddy: 伙伴
嘿,小家伙。
-Aaron: Hi, mommy.
嗨,妈咪。
-Kate: Hi, Aaron.
嗨,Aaron。
词汇解析:Sophia Wang 校对:Cici



评 论


