提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
看LOST学英语 第五季11集:Whatever Happened, Happened
[Previously on Lost:]
previously:以前,先前,预先
《迷失》前情提要
-Cassidy:This is your daughter. Her name's Clementine.
这是你的女儿。她叫Clementine。
-Man: Those are fake necklaces.
fake:假的 necklace:项链
这些项链都是假的。
-Kate: I'll take the one on the end.
末尾那条我要了。
-Cassidy:Why'd you help me?
为什么帮我?
-Kate: Just one girl watching another girl's back, I guess.
大家都是女人。
-Kate: Why are you telling me this?
为什么告诉我?
-James: Just do it, freckles.
freckles:雀斑
听话,雀斑女。
-Kate: I think we should say he's mine.
我觉得我们该说他是我的。
-Jack: There's other ways to do this.
总有其他办法的。
-Kate: After everyone we've lost, I can't lose him, too.
lose:失去【 lost为lose过去分词】
我们失去了那么多人我不能再失去他了。
-Man: My client insists that we... handle the exchange of custody quietly. You are going to lose the boy.
client:客户 insist: 坚持,坚持认为(常与that连用) handle:处理 exchange:交换 custody:监护权 quietly:私下里,秘密地
我的客户坚持要求…我们秘密移交监护权,这个孩子不再是你的了。
-Jack: That’s Claire’s mother.
是Claire的妈妈。
Everything that Kate and I have done, it was for Aaron.
我和Kate做的一切都是为了Aaron。
-Littleton: Who’s... Aaron?
Aaron是谁?
-Benjamin: I'm Ben.
我是Ben。
-Sayid: It's nice to meet you, Ben.
见到你很高兴Ben。
-Benjamin: If I let you out... will you take me with you to your people?
let out:释放;放走;让…走出
如果我放了你…就带我去见你的人?
-Sayid: That's why I'm here. Jin?
这正是我的使命。Jin?
-Jin: What are you doing here?
你怎么在这里?
-Phil: Hello, Jin? Are you there? Jin? Can you hear me?
喂,Jin?你在吗?Jin?听见了吗?
-Jin: Hello?
喂?
-Phil: Jin? It’s Phil, man. Where have you been?
Jin? 我是Phil 你去哪了?
The hostile escaped. We're searching the east grid.
hostile:敌人 escape:逃跑 search:搜索 grid:格栏
人质逃跑了,我们在搜查东边。
-Jin: He's headed north.
head: 使朝…方向行进 north: 向北方
他朝北边去了。
-Phil: How the hell do you know that?
the hell: [表示惊讶、不满、厌恶等]见鬼,混蛋 hell: 地狱
你怎么知道?
-Jin: Because he attacked me.
attack:袭击
因为他袭击了我。
-Phil: What? Where are you? Jin? ! You still there? Jin? Jin!
什么?你在哪里?Jin?还在吗?Jin?Jin!
-Benjamin: Please help.
救命。
-Horce: Okay, everybody, listen up. We don't know yet if another attack is coming.
listen up:听好了
好了,大伙儿听着。不知是否会有下一轮攻击。
So everybody needs to be ready for your security assignments, okay?
be ready for:为…做好准备 security:保卫,安全 assignment:分配(或指定)的东西
请大家时刻准备认领各自的保卫工作。
Make sure you're in contact with your team leaders.
make sure: 弄明白(查明白) be in contact with:保持联系 contact: 接触,联系 leader: 领导者
确保与你的队长保持联系。
Lafleur's got search parties out, but the hostile's got a good jump on us.
search party:搜索救援组 hostile: 敌对分子 get the jump on:[俚语]抢在…之前,先发制人;对…占优势,胜过
Lafleur已经派人搜查但人质巧妙脱逃。
We're pretty sure he used this fire as a diversion in order to escape.
diversion:转移 in order to: 为了 escape: 逃脱
我们很确定火灾是声东击西他借机逃跑。
-Hugo: Is he talking about Sayid?
他说的是Sayid吗?
-Jack: If he was locked up, how could he start the fire?
lock up:关押
他被关起来了怎么放火?
-Horace: Who are you?
你是谁?
-Jack: Jack Shephard. I'm... I'm new.
Jack Shephard。我是…我新来的。
-Horace: Well, Jack, the way he started the fire is he had help, okay?
Jack他能放火是因为有人帮他,懂吗?
Somebody torched that van, and then that somebody let him out of his cell.
torch:(用火炬)点燃 van:货车 let out: 释放,放走 cell:牢房
有人点燃了面包车有人救他出了牢房。
And since the security cameras didn't pick up any hostiles crossing the perimeter,
since:由于 camera:摄像头 pick up: 捉到 cross: 横越,跨越 perimeter:边缘
由于监视摄像头没拍到有敌人穿越边界。
That means it was one of us.
意味着是内奸干的。
Baxter, I want a full report on cleanup A.S.A.P.
cleanup:清除 ASAP:as soon as possible尽快[其实口语中有时会采用这样的简写,还有FYI:=for your information: 供参考;SOB:=son of bitch,畜生,狗娘养的(骂人的文明说法)]
Baxter 你立即清点人员。
-Baxter: You got it, Horace.
马上办,Horace。
-Roger: Hey, you. Yeah, you. You're in the motor pool, right?
motor pool:车辆调配场
嘿,你。对,就是你。你是车辆调配组的,对吗?
-Kate: Uh, yeah.
是的。
-Roger: Do you mind running that winch for me?
run: (机器等)运转;开动;转动 winch:绞盘
帮忙转绞盘好吗?
You have no idea what I'm talking about, do you?
你完全不懂我在讲什么,是吧?
Okay, no worries. Just throw this lever. When I tell you to stop... just pull it up.
lever:杠杆 pull up: 把…向上拉
好,别担心。扳动这根杠杆我说停,你就拉起来。
All right. See? Simple. Don't do it till I'm ready.
simple: 简单的
好的,懂了? 很简单。等我口令。
-Kate: Okay.
好的。
-Roger: All right, crank her up. So they just stuck you in the motor pool when you got here?
crank:用曲柄启动或转动 stick in:努力工作
好,扳下去。你一来他们就分配你管车辆调配?
-Kate: Yeah, pretty much.
pretty much :差不多
对,差不多。
-Roger: Yeah, same thing happened to me.
我也差不多。
Wait, hold. Hold it there. That's good right there. That's good.
hold: 使保持某种状态
等等,停下。别动这里很好。好了。
I guess they couldn't sucker anybody into getting on that sub
sucker: [美国俚语]欺骗,愚弄 sub:潜艇
估计没人会登上那艘潜艇的。
If they told us we were gonna be grease monkeys and janitors.
grease monkey:汽车修理工 janitor:看门人
如果他们直说你们被派来做工人和看门的
-Kate: Well, you gotta start somewhere, right?
但总得从底层做起,对吗?
-Roger: Yeah. What's your name?
对。你叫什么名字?
-Kate: I'm Kate.
我叫Kate。
-Roger: Welcome aboard, Kate. I'm Roger. Roger Linus.
欢迎加入Kate我叫Roger…Roger Linus。
-Kate: It's nice to meet you, Roger.
见到你很高兴,Roger。
-Roger: That’s my kid. That's my kid!
那是我的孩子。那是我的孩子!
-Kate: Hi, handsome. Did you have a good sleep? Yeah, that's my boy.
嗨,帅哥。睡得好吗?对,这才是好孩子。
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
falling star:流星 pocket:口袋
抓住流星放进口袋
never let it fade away
fade away:消失 fade: 褪色,消失
永远闪光
catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
抓住流星,放进口袋
save it for a rainy day
save: 保存 rainy:下雨天
下雨天再看看
-Cassidy:Oh, my god!
噢,我的天!
-Kate: Hi, Cassidy.
你好,Cassidy。
-Cassidy:Oh, my god! I saw you on the news!
news: 新闻
我的天! 我在新闻里看见你了!
I told all my friends, “I know that woman!”
我跟我朋友们说:“我认识那女的!”
-Kate: This is Aaron.
这是Aaron。
-Cassidy:Hi, Aaron.
你好,Aaron。
-Kate: Say hi.
说“你好”。
-Cassidy: You survived a plane crash. It's amazing. I never thought I'd see you again.
survive:活下来 crash:坠毁
你从飞机坠毁事件中活过来了。太厉害了。我以为再也见不到你了。
What are you doing here?
你来这里干什么?
-Kate: Sawyer sent me.
send: 打发,派遣,差遣,派…前去
Sawyer让我来的。
-Cassidy: Sawyer. So that son of a bitch is still alive?
alive:活着
Sawyer。这么说那个贱人还活着?
-Kate: He was when I left.
至少我走的时候还是。
-Cassidy: And he asked you to come here and give me an envelope full of money?
envelope:信封
然后他让你来给我一信封的钱?
-Kate: Well, he told me where to find you, and...
他告诉我去哪找你,而且…
Said to take care of Clementine... his daughter?
take care of: 照顾
说要照顾好Clementine…他的女儿?
-Cassidy: Well, she's asleep in her crib right now. Want me to wake her up?
asleep: 睡着的 crib:摇篮 wake up: 叫醒,弄醒
她现在还在摇篮里睡觉呢?想让我叫醒她么?
-Kate: I, uh, shouldn't have bothered you. I could've sent it, and I probably should have.
should not have: 不该【但事实上已经做了】 bother:打扰 probably: 或许
哦,我不该来打扰你。我本可以把钱寄过来的,也许我该那么做。
-Cassidy: Why did you tell me all this? Why'd you trust me?
trust:相信
你为什么要告诉我这些?你为什么要相信我?
-Kate: Because I thought your daughter had a right to know that her father cared.
right: 权利 care: 关心,在意
因为我认为你女儿有权知道她父亲关心她。
-Cassidy: Why didn't he come back with the rest of you?
rest: 其余的
他为什么不跟你们一起回来?
-Kate: The helicopter that we were on was running out of gas,
helicopter:直升机 run out of:用完 gas:油
我们坐的直升机快没油了,
so he jumped so that we could make it to the boat.
so that:以便
于是他跳下去了,好让我们飞得到船上。
-Cassidy: What a coward.
coward:懦夫
真是个懦夫。
-Kate: He was trying to do the right thing.
他只是想帮我们。
-Cassidy: He was trying to get away from you. I told him he had a daughter.
get away from:逃离
他想离开你们。我告诉过他,他有个女儿。
He never so much as lifted a finger to try to call her.
so much as:甚至,连 lift:抬起 finger:指头
他连指头都懒得抬起打个电话给她
So now I'm supposed to think he's a hero because he told you to come here and help us?
be supposed to:应该 hero:英雄
现在因为他告诉你来帮我们,我就该把他当英雄看?
Hell, I bet this money's not even his, is it?
死去吧,我猜这钱都不是他的是不是?
-Kate: They gave us a settlement after the crash, and I didn't need it all…
settlement:赔偿金
他们给了我赔偿金我不需要那么多…
-Cassidy: You don't have to explain it, Kate.
你不用解释,Kate。
You got the same look on your face I did when he ditched me.
ditch:抛弃
你的表情和我当初被他抛弃时一模一样。
All I have for you is sympathy. Is it his?
sympathy: 同情
我真同情你。是他的么?
-Kate: What?
什么?
-Cassidy: Your son. Is it Sawyer's?
你儿子。是Sawyer的么?
-Kate: No. No, I was... pregnant before I met him.
pregnant: 怀孕的
不是,不是,我…在遇见他之前就怀孕了。
-Cassidy: That’s not your baby, is it?
那不是你孩子,是不是?
Kate, you just told me that you and your friends cooked a story for the whole world about what happened on that island.
cook: 筹划
Kate 你眼神告诉我你和你朋友编了个故事来糊弄全世界。
So you tell me the truth about that? Why are you lying to me about him?
lie: 撒谎
你刚才说的是真的?你为什么要替他撒谎?
-Kate: Because I have to.
因为我没办法。
-Kate: What happened?
发生了什么?
-James: What the hell are you doing here?
你在这里做什么?
-Kate: That was Ben. That kid who was shot was Ben. Was it Sayid? Did he shoot him?
shoot:开枪
是Ben。被枪击的孩子是Ben。是Sayid干的么?是他开的枪?
-James: Here's what you need to do, Kate keep your mouth shut and stop asking questions.
shut: 关闭的,合拢的
听着Kate,闭上嘴,别问问题了。
'Cause putting any attention on yourself is the last thing I need right now.
attention:注意
我可不希望你成为焦点。
Now scram. I don't want you around here.
scram:走开
走吧,你不该待在这里。
-Kate: I just wanna know what's going on.
我只想知道发生什么了
-Horace: Lafleur. What... what, uh... what's she doing here?
Lafleur。怎么…怎么她在这儿?
-James: This is, uh...
这是…
-Kate: I'm Kate. Kate. She's new over at the motor pool.
我叫Kate。Kate她是新来的,在汽车调配场工作。
I was seeing if she saw anything suspicious, but she didn't, so...
suspicious:可疑的
我正问她看见什么可疑的,没但是她没看见。所以…
you can run along, thanks.
你可以走了,谢谢。
-Horace: Have you checked out the hostile's cell yet?
check out: 检验,检查 hostile:敌人 cell:牢房
你查关敌人的牢房了么?
-James: I was a little busy trying to keep the town from burning down, Horace.
keep from: 阻止,防止 burn down: 烧毁
我忙着救火去了,Horace。
-Horace: Okay. Well, then let's do it. He didn't break out. Somebody let him out.
break out: 突然逃跑,(使)脱逃,逃出(监狱),(使)逃走
那么,现在去看看吧。他不是越狱,有人放走他的。
-James: These are janitor's keys.
janitor:看门人
这是看门人的钥匙。
-Horace: We've only got three janitors. There's Roger, Willie and, uh, that new guy.
只有三个看门人。有Roger Willie 还有…那个新来的。
I just met him. His name's jack.
我刚见过他。他叫Jack。
-James: Yeah. I just brought him in from the sub. I'll go talk to him.
sub:潜艇
对,那天是我把他从潜艇接来的我跟他谈谈去。
Miles, you wanna come with me?
Miles 跟我一块去?
-Miles: Yeah, sure, boss.
boss:上司
没问题,老大。
-James: All right, I want you to find Jack and Hurley and Kate as quick as you can.
你马上去找Jack Hurley还有Kate
Put 'em in a house and sit on 'em.
‘em:[口]=them
集中在一个屋里,看好他们。
-Miles: What for?
为什么?
-James: 'Cause I don't want 'em talking to anybody else.
因为我不想让他们跟其他人说话。
Things are starting to spin out of control here.
spin out of control:【失去控制 spin out: [美国俚语](车辆)打滑失控】
这儿有点乱套了。
-Miles: All right, I got it.
好的,没问题。
-James: All right, go.
好的,去吧。
-Roger: Who did this? Do you know who did this to my son?
谁干的?你知道是谁伤害我儿子的么?
-James: Not yet, but we're working on it. How's he doing?
还没,我们正在查,他怎样了?
-Roger: I don't know. Juliet told me to wait out here.
不知道。Juliet让我在外面等。
-James: Let me see if I can get an update for ya.
ya:=you: 你
我去看看能不能给你最新情况。
-Roger: Thanks, Jim.
多谢Jim。
-James: Roger?
Roger?
-Roger: Yeah?
嗯?
-James: You happen to have your keys with you?
happen to:发生在…身上
你带着钥匙么?
-Roger: Yeah. Why? What do you need? I must 've left them at... at the house.
嗯,怎么了?你要干嘛用?我肯定是忘在家里了。
-Roger: It's all right. Don't worry about it.
没事,别多想了。
-Juliet: More gauze.
gauze:纱布。
再来点纱布。
-Nurse: Here's some gauze.
给你纱布。
-Juliet: Yeah, right here. yeah.
这里,对。
If we can't stop the hemorrhaging, we're just gonna have to pack the whole tract.
hemorrhage:出血 pack: 【医学】(用裹布)包裹 tract:【解剖学、动物学】道;系统;(神经纤维的)一束
要是不能阻止出血,只能先全包扎起来。
-Nurse: Okay.
好。
-James: Where's the doctor?
医生在哪?
-Juliet: At the looking glass station till Friday.
station:站
在窥镜站,周五才能回来。
-James: How is he doing?
他怎么样了?
-Juliet: Not well. Hook him. He's still bleeding in there somewhere, and I can't fix it.
hook:挂住 bleed:出血 fix:[美俚]处理
不乐观。扶着。还有地方在出血,我止不住。
-James: It's all right.
没事。
-Juliet: No, it's not all right.
不,有事。
Someone needs to get in there who can find the damage that bullet did and fix it.
damage:损坏 bullet:子弹
需要能找到出血点的人来修复。
He needs a real surgeon.
surgeon:外科医生
他需要一个真正的外科大夫。
-Jack: You’re telling us we're under house arrest?
under house arrest:在软禁中 arrest:监禁
你说我们被软禁了?
-Miles: No, you're all free to leave whenever you want... but I'll shoot you in the leg.
be free to: 随意(任意,不受拘束)
不,你们愿去哪儿去哪儿…但我会朝你们腿开枪。
-Jack: And whose idea was this?
这是谁的主意?
-Miles: Who do you think?
你觉得呢?
-Kate: Sawyer's just doing his job, Jack.
Sawyer只不过在尽本分而已 Jack。
-Miles: What the hell are you doing, tubby?
tubby:矮胖的
你这是干嘛,肥猪?
-Hugo: Checking to see if I'm disappearing.
disappear:消失
看我消失了没有。
-Miles: What?
什么?
-Hugo: “Back to the future,” man.
“回到未来”伙计。
We came back in time to the island and changed stuff.
stuff:东西
我们回到了过去,改变了过去。
So if little Ben dies, he'll never grow up to be big Ben,
grow up: 长大,成长
如果小Ben死了他就不会长大成大Ben
Who’s the one who made us come back here in the first place.
in the first place: 起初,首先
是大Ben一开始把我们逼回来的。
Which means we can't be here. And therefore, dude?
therefore:因此 dude:伙计
所以我们不可能在这儿。所以,伙计?
We don't exist.
exist: 存在
我们不存在。
-Miles: You're an idiot.
idiot:笨蛋
你是个笨蛋。
-Hugo: Am I?
是么?
-Miles: Yeah. It doesn't work like that. You can't change anything.
你是。不是那样的。什么都改变不了。
You're maniac Iraqi buddy shot Linus. That is what always happened.
maniac:疯子 Iraqi:伊拉克
那个疯伊拉克人开枪打了Linus。这件事是肯定发生过的。
It's just... we never experienced how it all turns out.
experience:经历 turn out: 成为,变成
只是我们没经历过其间的那段历史。
-Hugo: This is really confusing.
confusing:难以理解
什么乱七八糟的。
-Miles: Yeah, well, get used to it. But the good news is that Linus didn't die,
get used to:习惯于
习惯习惯吧。好消息是 Linus没死。
so that means the kid can't either. He'll be fine.
either:也
所以那孩子也死不了。他不会有事的。
-Kate: Didn't look like he was gonna be fine. What if you're wrong?
看起来可不像那样。要是你错了呢?
-Miles: Well, if I'm wrong, then I guess we all stop existing,
exist:存在
要是我错了,估计我们就不存在了吧。
And none of it matters anyway then, does it?
none: 一点也不
那什么也无所谓了,对吧?
-James: Doc, I need you to come with me.
doc:医生
医生,跟我来。
-Jack: Come with you where?
去哪儿?
-James: Juliet said the kid's losing blood, and we ain't got none to put back in him.
blood:血 ain’t:[口]=am not , are not, is not
Juliet说孩子失血过多我们血液储备不够
So we need you to show us where he sprung a leak.
spring:裂开 leak:漏洞
所以你要去找出血点。
-Jack: No.
不。
-James: What?
什么?
-Jack: No, I'm not coming with you.
不,我不跟你去。
-James: If you don't come with me, Jack, that kid's gonna die.
要是你不跟我来Jack,他会死的。
-James: Then he dies.
死就死。
-Kate: What are you doing?
你干什么?
-Jack: Making some sandwiches. I figured everybody'd be getting hungry by now.
sandwich:三明治 figure:估计 hungry: 饥饿的
做三明治。我估计大家现在都饿了吧。
-Kate: He’s just a boy, Jack. You can’t just let him die.
他只是个孩子。Jack,你不能见死不救。
-Jack: You heard Miles. We can't change what's already happened.
Miles的话你也听见了,已经发生的事情无法改变。
This has nothing to do with me.
这跟我没关系。
-Kate: Unless you're the one who's supposed to save him.
unless:除非 be supposed to:应该
要是本来该你去救他,这就有关系了。
-Jack: 30 years from now, that boy's gonna be a man that locks me in a cage because he needs surgery.
lock:关押 cage:笼子 surgery:外科手术
30年后这孩子会把我关进笼子里,就因为他需要我来做手术。
And then you're gonna come in and you're gonna beg me to operate on him
beg to:请求 operate on:给…做手术
然后你会进来,求我给他做手术。
Because he's threatening to murder Sawyer. I've already done this once.
threat:威胁 murder:谋杀
因为他威胁要杀Sawyer。我已经做过一次了。
I've already saved Benjamin Linus, and I did it for you, Kate.
我已经救过Benjamin Linus一次我是为你才这么做的 Kate
I don't need to do it again.
我不需要再重来一遍。
-Kate: This is our fault. We brought Sayid back. We caused this.
fault:错误 cause:引起
这都是我们的错。我们把Sayid带回来的,都是我们引起的。
-Jack: You know, when we were here before, I spent all of my time trying to fix things.
上次我们在这儿的时候我一直在挽救。
But... did you ever think that maybe the island just wants to fix things itself?
但是…你想过么也许小岛想自己修复?
And maybe I was just... getting in the way?
get in the way:阻碍(妨碍)
而我却... 挡了道?
-Kate: You know, I don't like the new you. I liked the old you,
我不喜欢现在的你。我曾喜欢以前的你
who wouldn't just sit around and wait for things to happen.
sit around:坐着没事干
不会坐视不管听天由命。
-Jack: You didn't like the old me, Kate.
你不曾喜欢过以前的我,Kate。
-Miles: Where are you going?
你去哪儿?
-Juliet: Just relax. You're okay.
relax:放松
放松,你没事。
-Nurse: I'm sorry. Juliet? One of the new people is here.
打扰下,Juliet?有个新人过来了。
She heard Ben needed blood, says she's a universal donor.
universal donor:万能供血者 universal:通用的 donor:捐赠者
她听说我们需要血液,说她是个万能供血者。
-Juliet: This might hurt for a second. Good. Very brave.
brave:勇敢
可能会疼一阵子。好的,非常勇敢。
So James told me that Jack wouldn't help, but he didn't say why.
James告诉我Jack不肯帮忙,但是他没说原因。
-Kate: If I understood why Jack does what he does, I sure as hell wouldn't be sitting here.
understand:理解 as hell: [口语]很,非常,极其
要是我理解Jack为什么那么做,我就不会来了。
-Juliet: Off island, did something happen with you two?
happen:发生
来岛前,你们俩之间发生过一些事?
-Kate: We were engaged. Does that count?
engage: 订婚 count:认为,视为
我们订过婚。这算么?
-Roger: What's going on?
怎么样了?
-Juliet: Roger, I asked you to wait outside.
outside:外面
Roger,我让你在外面等的。
-Roger: No, what's going on with my kid?
不,我孩子怎么样了?
-Juliet: Kate is giving us some fresh blood so we can transfuse Ben.
fresh:新鲜 transfuse:输血
Kate正在献血,我们可以给Ben输血。
-Roger: Well, I'm not waiting outside.
我不要在外面等。
-Juliet: You know…
你知道…
-Kate: He could stay with me, and you could check on Ben,
他可以和我一起,你可以去看看Ben。
And…and Roger here could keep me company, make sure I don't pass out.
keep company:陪伴某人 make sure:确保 pass out:昏厥
Roger可以给我作伴,确保我不会晕过去。
-Juliet: Okay. Roger, have a seat.
好吧,Roger坐吧。
-Roger: Thanks. Sure. He stole my keys.
谢谢,不客气。他偷了我的钥匙。
-Kate: Sorry?
什么?
-Roger: Lafleur asked me where my keys were.
Lafleur问我我的钥匙在哪儿。
That bastard doesn't ask any questions he doesn't know the answers to...
bastard:混蛋
那个逃跑的混蛋没问我任何问题。他不知道钥匙在哪里…
which means my son stole my keys so he could bust that animal out of jail.
bust:打破,打开 jail:监狱
也就是说我儿子偷了我的钥匙,放那个畜牲出去。
-Kate: Why…why would he do that?
他…他为什么会那么做?
-Roger: Because of me. You got kids?
因为我。你有孩子么?
-Kate: No.
没有。
-Roger: I thought I was gonna be the greatest father ever. You know?
我还以为我会是世界上最好的父亲。
I guess it didn't work out that way.
work out: 发展
事与愿违哪。
-Kate: What about his mother? Is she still around?
around:在周围
他母亲呢?还在他身边么?
-Roger: No, she's dead. She died the day he was born.
不,她过世了。他出生的那天死的。
-Kate: I'm sorry.
抱歉。
-Roger: Yeah, me, too. I tried to do what I thought she'd want me to do, but...
嗯。我也是。我尽力填补母亲的空缺,不过…
I guess a boy just needs his mother. What’s going on?
guess:猜想
男孩子还是需要母亲。怎么了?
He's going into hypoxic shock.
hypoxic:缺氧 shock:休克
他要缺氧休克了。
-Roger: What does that mean? What's the matter with him?
什么意思?他怎么了?
-Juliet: He needs more oxygen. Roger, get out of here!
oxygen:氧气
他需要氧气。Roger出去!
What?
什么?
-Juliet: Get him out of here!
把他弄出去!
-Roger: Wait! What… what is…
等等! 什么…
-nurse: Please, Roger, just wait outside.
拜托,Roger到外面等。
-Roger: Wait a minute.
等等。
-Hugo: Let me get this straight. All this already happened.
get straight:了解,搞通
是不是这样。这一切都已经发生过。
-Miles: Yes.
是的。
-Hugo: So this conversation we're having right now... we already had it.
conversation:谈话
所以,这次谈话…已经发生过。
-Miles: Yes!
对!
-Hugo: Then what am I gonna say next?
那接下来我要说什么?
-Miles: I don't know.
我不知道。
-Hugo: Then your theory is wrong!
theory:理论
那你的理论错了!
-Miles: For the thousandth time, you dingbat, the conversation already happened,
dingbat:[美国、澳大利亚、新西兰俚语]怪人;傻瓜,笨蛋
说了多少次了,你个傻蛋,这次谈话已经发生了。
but not for you and me. For you and me, it's happening right now.
但对你我还没。对你我是正在发生。
-Hugo: Okay, answer me this. If all this already happened to me, then...
你说说这个。要是这已经发生过le…
Why don't I remember any of it?
为什么我什么都不记得?
-Miles: Because once Ben turned that wheel, time isn't a straight line for us anymore.
wheel:轮子 straight line:直线
因为一旦Ben转动了那个轮子。时间对我们来说就不是一条直线了。
Our experiences in the past and the future occurred before these experiences right now.
experience:经历 occur:发生
我们过去和未来的历史,发生在现在这一刻之前。
-Hugo: Say that again.
再说一遍。
-Miles: Shoot me. Please. Please?
开枪打我,打我啊。
-Hugo: I can't shoot you. Because if you die in 1977,
我不能打你。要是你1977年就死了,
then you'll never come back to the island on the freighter 30 years from now.
freighter:货船
就不能30年之后再坐货船回岛上了。
-Miles: I can die because I've already come to the island on the freighter.
我可以死!因为我已经坐货船回到岛上了。
Any of us can die because this is our present.
我们所有人都可以死,因为对我们来说这才是现在。
-Hugo: But you said Ben couldn't die because he still has to grow up and become the leader of the others.
leader:领袖
但是你说Ben不能死,因为他要长大成为其他人的领袖。
-Miles: Because this is his past.
因为这是他的过去。
-Hugo: But when we first captured Ben, and Sayid, like tortured him,
capture:俘获 torture:拷供
但是我们一开始抓住Ben的时候,Sayid对他严刑逼供。
then why wouldn't he remember getting shot by that same guy when he was a kid?
他为什么不记得小时候被他伤过?
-Hugo: I hadn't thought of that.
我没想到这个。
-Roger: How is he?
他怎么样了?
-Juliet: He's stable.
stable:稳定的
稳定下来了。
-Roger: Is he gonna be okay?
他会好起来吗?
-Juliet: He's got some fresh blood running through him, which is a good thing.
我们给他输了新鲜血液,对他来说是件好事。
Roger, I need you to go out to the medical station.
medical station:医疗救护站
Roger,拜托你去一趟医疗站。
There are some supplies there that we don't have here.
supplies:供给品
那里有咱们这儿没有的供给品。
-Roger: Hey, I just wanna say, I... I wanna say thanks.
我想说…我…我想说声谢谢。
I know that you're doing everything you can... to save him, and...
我知道你正尽一切所能…去救他…
All right, I'm…I'm gonna go, okay?
好了,我得走了。
-Kate: Is he any better?
他好点没?
-Juliet: He is stable now. But I can't, um... I can't fix it.
现在是稳定了。可我没法…治愈他。
-Kate: What about the sub? I mean, can we take him somewhere?
sub:潜水艇
那潜水艇呢?我是说,要不带他出去?
-Juliet: No. It's gone. It won't be back for a couple of months.
a couple of: 两个,几个
不行,它离开了。2个月之内是不会回来的。
-Kate: But he can't die, right?
可他不会死的,对吧?
-Juliet: He is going to die. He is in a medical situation that is not resolvable.
situation:情况 resolvable:可解决的
他快死了。他的情况几乎无可逆转了。
-Kate: Okay, well, we can't just sit here and do nothing.
那咱们总不能在这坐以待毙啊。
I mean, there's got to be someone who can help him. We have entire...
entire:整个
一定有人能救他的。我们有整个…
What?
怎么了?
-Juliet: Maybe there's something they can do.
或许他们能帮上忙。
-Kate: “They”?
“他们”?
-Juliet: The others.
其他人。
-Juliet: You got him?
抱稳了?
-Kate: Yeah.
嗯。
-Juliet: Ready?
准备好了?
-Kate: One, two, three, go.
一二三,起。
-Juliet: Okay, let’s go. I'm coming with you.
好了,咱们走。我和你一起去。
-Kate: No, no, no, no. If something goes wrong or we get caught,
不不不。万一出了差错,咱们不幸被捕
It doesn't matter for me, but you've got a whole life here.
对我而言是无所谓。但对你来说,这里是你生活的全部。
And besides, if Sawyer knew that I got you involved in this, he'd kill me.
besides:还有 involve in:使陷入
还有,万一Sawyer知道我把你也牵扯进来,他会杀了我的。
-Juliet: How are you gonna manage?
manage: 设法对付;应付
你自己能办到吗?
-Kate: I'll manage don't worry.
我能行,别担心。
-Juliet: Kate, Sawyer’s gonna find out Ben’s gone, and when he does,
Kate Sawyer肯定会发现Ben不见了,
I have to tell him what happened. But I'll give you as much of a head start as I can.
head start: 先起动的优势;占先;领先(或有利)的开端
到那时我就得和盘托出了。但我会尽量为你多争取些时间。
Good luck.
luck:运气
祝你好运。
-Benjamin: There’s someone... someone here in Los Angeles. Let me take you to them.
有个人…就在洛杉矶有个人…让我带你们去见他们。
-Sun: Who?
谁?
-Benjamin: The same person that's gonna show us how to get back the island.
就是那个将要告诉我们回岛方法的人。
-Kate: Is that what this is about? You knew about this.
原来如此啊?你早就知道了。
-Jack: No, I was so…
不是,我…
-Kate: And that is why you were pretending to care about Aaron, to convince me to go back there?
pretend:假装 convince:说服
所以你假装关心Aaron,就是为了说服我回去?
-Jack: I wasn't pretending anything.
我没有假装什么。
-Kate: This is insane. You guys are crazy.
insane:疯狂的 guy:家伙 crazy:疯狂的
简直疯了,你们这群疯子。
-Jack: Kate
Kate…
-Kate: Jack, don't!
Jack不要!
-Aaron: Mommy, I'm thirsty. I need some milk.
thirsty:口渴
妈妈,我渴了。我想喝牛奶。
-Kate: Do you want chocolate milk or regular milk?
chocolate:巧克力 regular:正常的
你想喝巧克力味的还是原味的?
-Aaron: Juice box.
juice:果汁
果汁。
-Kate: You don't want milk anymore?
又不想喝牛奶了?
-Aaron: Juice box.
果汁。
-Kate: Excuse me. Where are you juice boxes?
请问一下。果汁在哪里?
-Man A: Aisle 5.
aisle:通道
5号过道。
-Kate: Thank you very much. Aaron? Um, excuse me. Have you seen my son?
非常感谢。Aaron? 不好意思,你有没有看到我儿子?
-Man A: I'm sorry?
什么?
-Kate: A little 3year old blond? Aaron? Aaron? Aaron? Aaron!
blond:淡黄色的
一个三岁的金发男孩。Aaron? Aaron?Aaron?Aaron!
Excuse me. I've lost my son. He's 3.He's a little blond boy.
劳驾,我找不到我儿子了。男孩,三岁,留着一头金发。
-Man B: Don't worry, ma'am. I'll make an announcement.
announcement:通知
别着急,夫人,我去广播一下。
-Kate: No, no, no. You have to seal off the store. You... Aaron? Hey,
seal off: 封锁,封闭
不不,你得封锁这个商店。你…Aaron? 嘿。
-Woman: Is this your mommy? Honey, is this your mommy? I found him in the fruit section.
fruit:水果 section:区
这是你妈妈吗?宝贝儿,这是你妈妈吗?我在水果摊前看到他的。
I…he looked lost I was getting ready to make an announcement.
我…他好像迷路了,我正想去找人广播。
-Kate: Thank you. Thank you very much. It’s okay, honey. Mommy's got you. Mommy's got you.
谢谢你,太感谢了。没事了,宝贝,妈妈来了。妈妈找到你了。
-Benjamin: Tell... tell my...
告诉…告诉我…
-Kate: Try not to talk, okay?
尽量别说话,好吗?
-Benjamin: Tell my dad I'm sorry I stole his keys.
steal:偷窃
告诉我爸爸,我很抱歉偷了他的钥匙。
-Kate: I know you gotta stop me... but I can't just let that kid die.
我知道你想阻止我…但我不会看着这孩子死的。
-James: Damn it, freckles. I ain't here to stop you. I'm here to help you.
freckles:雀斑
靠,雀斑女,我不是来阻止你的。我来帮你。
-Clementine: Hi, auntie Kate!
嗨,Kate阿姨!
-Kate: Hi, Clementine. Is your mommy home?
嗨,Clementine。你妈妈在家吗?
-Clementine: Sure. I'll go get her.
当然,我去叫她。
-Cassidy: They’re going back? To the island?
他们要回去?回岛上去?
Why in god's name would they wanna do that?
我的天,他们干嘛要这么做?
-Kate: I don't know. Jack says that we weren't supposed to leave.
我不知道。Jack说我们不该离开。
-Cassidy: Well, Jack sounds like a piece of work. You look exhausted. Drink this.
a piece of work: 【原意是“一项工作”,也可表达“讨厌的家伙”之意】 exhausted:疲惫的
Jack麻烦事儿特多。你看上去累坏了,把这个喝了。
Curl up on my bed. Take a nap. I'll watch your fella.
curl up:蜷曲 nap:小睡 fella:小家伙
去我床上躺躺,小睡一会儿,我来照看你的小宝贝
-Kate: I lost him.
我把他丢了。
-Cassidy: What?
什么?
-Kate: I don't know what happened. We were in the supermarket,
supermarket:超市
我不知道是怎么了。我们本来在超市里,
and I turned around for one second, and he was gone.
turn around: 转身
我只是把视线转开了一秒钟,他就不见了。
And, you know, the crazy thing is, is that... as scared as I was... I wasn't surprised.
crazy:疯狂的 scared:害怕 surprised:惊讶
还有,最荒谬的是…虽然当时我很害怕…但我并不感到惊讶。
All I could think was it's about time. Why would I feel that way?
我想到的是是时候了,我怎么会那么想?
I mean, why would I expect him to be taken?
expect:期望
我怎么会等着他被带走?
-Cassidy: Because you took him, Kate.
因为你带走了他,Kate。
-Kate: No, I... Claire was gone. I mean, she left him. I had to take him. He needed me.
不,我…Claire不在了。她扔下他。我必须要带上他。他需要我。
-Cassidy: You needed him. Sawyer broke your heart. How else were you supposed to fix it?
be supposed to:应该
是你需要他。Sawyer伤了你心。孩子正好是个补偿。
-James: Figure out how you were gonna carry him out there by yourself?
想到如何独自扛走他了吗?
-Kate: Well, he line's just right over there, right? The others are on the other side.
边界就是那条了,其他人就在那边。
-James: Well, they ain't right on the her side. We better get moving.
他们不会总是在那边的。我们快走吧。
-Kate: Why are you doing this? Why are you helping me?
你为什么要这么做?为什么帮我?
-James: When I found out Ben was gone, and Juliet told me what you were up to,
up to: 正在做
当我发现Ben走了,Juliet告诉我你的目的后,
I asked that exact damn question... why are you helping Ben? And she said...
exact:准确的 damn: 该死的,可恶的
我问了同样的问题…你为什么要帮Ben?她说…
No matter what he's gonna grow up to be, it's wrong to let a kid die.
no matter:无论 grow up:长大
无论他长大后是怎么样,我们也不能让孩子死去。
So... that's why I'm doing this. I'm doing it for her.
所以…我就来了。为了她。
-Juliet: Where's Jack?
Jack呢?
-Miles: Uh, he…he's in the shower. I think.
shower:洗澡
在洗澡吧。
-Hugo: Is he in trouble?
trouble:麻烦
他有麻烦了?
-Juliet: I just need to talk to him. You two mind giving us some privacy?
privacy:隐私
只是想和他谈谈。你们方便出去一下吗?
-Miles: Hey, ask me more questions about time travel.
travel:旅行
继续问我关于时间穿梭的事吧。
-Juliet: I needed you.
我要你帮忙。
-Jack: I'm sorry?
什么?
-Juliet: That kid was bleeding out. You're a surgeon, and I needed you.
surgeon:外科医生
那孩子血流不止。你是外科医生,我要你帮忙。
-Jack: That kid is Ben.
那孩子是Ben。
-Juliet: That's not Ben yet. He's just a kid.
Ben还没成为Ben呢。他只是个孩子。
-Jack: Juliet, I’m sorry. I can't help you.
Juliet抱歉。帮不了你。
-Juliet: I'm not asking for your help, Jack. You made it pretty clear you weren't interested.
我不是来向你求助的,Jack。很明显你并不在意。
It's up to Sawyer and Kate now.
be up to: 由某人决定
那只能看Sawyer和Kate运气如何了。
-Jack: What?
什么?
-Juliet: She's trying to save him, and I sent James after her to help
save:拯救
她正在救他,我让James去帮忙了。
Because they actually care.
actually:确实
因为他们真的在意。
-Jack: I came back here because I care, Juliet.
我回来是因为我在乎,Juliet。
I came back here because I was trying to save you.
我回来是因为我要救你。
-Juliet: We didn't need saving! We've been fine for three years.
我们不需要你救!我们3年来生活的很好。
You came back here for you.
你是为了自己而回来的
At least do me the courtesy of telling me why.
at least:至少 courtesy:好意
你起码得回答我为什么。
-Jack: I came back... because I was supposed to.
我回来…是因为我本该如此。
-Juliet: Supposed to do what?
本该什么?
-Jack: I don't know yet.
我还不知道。
-Juliet: Well, you'd better figure it out.
figure out:明白
最好快弄清楚。
-Kate: You know, I can take him for a while.
我也可以抱他一下的。
-James: Sure you can.
当然。
-Kate: You know, his father said that you think Ben broke Sayid out.
break out: 突然逃跑,(使)脱逃,逃出(监狱),(使)逃走
他爸爸说你认为是Ben放了Sayid。
-James: Kid'll do almost anything if he's pissed off enough at his folks.
be pissed of:发怒 piss: [美国俚语]抱怨 folk:父母
孩子对亲人不满时什么事都做得出。
-Kate: Is that why you asked me to take care of your daughter?
那就是为什么你要我照顾好你女儿?
-James: Did you?
照顾好了吗?
-Kate: Of course I did. Go ahead and tip his head back.
tip:使倾斜
当然。把他头抬起来。
-James: What's she like?
她长什么样?
-Kate: Clementine?
Clementine?
-James: Yeah. Clementine.
嗯。Clementine。
-Kate: Oh, she's beautiful. Looks just like you when she smiles.
她漂亮极了。笑起来的时候像你。
She's growing up fast. Already has a little attitude.
attitude: [美国俚语、口语]敌视态度,不友好态度
她成长的很快。已经有点叛逆了。
-James: I bet you and Cassidy had a lot to talk about.
bet:肯定
我想你和Cassidy肯定有的聊了。
-Kate: She had an interesting theory on why you jumped off the chopper.
theory:见解 chopper:[美俚]直升机
她对你跳下直升机的事别有见解。
-James: Yeah? What's that?
什么?
-Kate: She thought you were worried about what would happen if you didn’t.
她认为你会担心不跳下来会发生什么。
-James: You and me would've never worked out, Kate.
work out:产生结果
我们俩永远没可能的,Kate。
I wasn't any more fit to be your boyfriend than I am to be that little girl's father.
fit to:相配
我做不了你男友,就像我做不了那孩子她爸一样。
-Kate: You seem to be doing all right with Juliet.
seem:好像
你和Juliet似乎发展得不错。
-James: Yeah. I've done a lot of growing up the past three years.
是。过去3年来我成长不少。
-Man: Hands up! Do not move. I said don't move. This is a violation of the truce. You're over the line.
violation:违反 truce:休战
举起手来!不许动,不许动。这违反了休战协定,你们过界了。
-James: We know. This kid's been shot. That's both of our problems.
我知道。这孩子中枪了。我们双方都有责任
So unless you want to go to war, you're gonna take us to Richard Alpert,
unless:除非
你是要开战还是带我们去找Richard Alpert,
and you're gonna do it now.
快决定。
-Kate: Mrs. Littleton, um, I’m Kate Austen.
Littleton夫人,我是Kate Austen。
-Littleton: I know who you are. Come in.
我知道你是谁。进来吧。
-Kate: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Littleton: Your friend Dr. Shephard came here last night,
你朋友Shephard医生昨晚来过。
going on and on about some person named Aaron.
一直在说一个叫Aaron的人。
When I asked him who that was, he ran out of here like the room was on fire.
我问他那是谁,他发疯似的跑了出去。
-Kate: He's your grandson. And your daughter Claire... is alive.
grandson:外孙 alive:活着
那是你外孙。而你女儿Claire…还活着。
-Littleton: What are you talking about? Claire died in the plane crash.
你说什么?Claire在坠机中身亡了。
-Kate: No, she survived. When we crashed, your daughter was eight months pregnant,
survive:幸存 crash:坠毁 pregnant:怀孕的
不,她活下来了。我们坠机时,你女儿已经怀孕8个月…
and... she's the one who gave birth on the island, not me.
give birth: 生孩子
在岛上生产的是她,而不是我。
We lied. There were other survivors, too. We just left them behind.
survivor: 幸存者 leave behind: 把…丢在后面
我们说谎了。还有其他的幸存者,我们弃他们而去。
-Littleton: Why? Why would you leave her there?
为什么?你们为什么要抛下她?
-Kate: Because she disappeared, and she left the baby behind.
disappear:消失
因为她消失了,还扔下了婴儿。
We looked everywhere, but... that's when I started taking care of Aaron.
take care of: 照顾
我们到处都找过,但是…我从那时开始照料Aaron。
And when we were rescued, we didn't …we had to decide what to do with him.
rescue:营救 decide:决定
当我们被援救,我们没有…我们得决定他的将来。
And I knew that she had wanted him to be adopted, but I couldn’t.
adopt:领养
我知道她希望送他去领养,但我无法放手。
I had to protect him, so I said he was mine.
protect:保护
我得保护他,所以声称是我的孩子。
-Littleton: Why did you lie? Why didn't you come to me in the first place?
你为啥撒谎?你为什么不早点找我?
-Kate: Because I needed him. I'm sorry.
因为我需要他。对不起。
You’re gonna see that he's so sweet and kind and good.
你看看他有多么乖巧可爱。
-Littleton: Where is he?
他在哪里?
-Kate: Um, I checked in two doors down. He's asleep.
我在隔壁的隔壁开了间房。他在睡觉。
I know that this is a lot for you to handle. But...
handle:应付
我知道一时很难接受。但…
When you're ready, he's waiting for you.
当你准备好,他在等着见你。
I told him that you're his grandmother,
grandmother:祖母
我告诉他,你是他姥姥。
that you'll take care of him while I'm gone and that I'll be back soon.
我离开时你会照顾他我很快会回来
-Littleton: Where are you going? I'm going back to find your daughter.
你要去哪里?我回去找你的女儿。
-Kate: Bye-bye, baby.
拜拜,宝贝。
-James: Don't worry. We got 'em right where we want 'em.
别担心,他们正带我们去该去的地方。
-Man: Shut up and keep moving.
shut up:闭嘴
闭嘴,走你的路。
-James: What's it look like I'm doing?
这不是在走嘛?
-Richard: Hello there, James.
你好啊,James。
-James: Where the hell did you come from?
你从哪冒出来的?
-Richard: You asked my people to bring you to me. Here I am. Is that Benjamin Linus?
你叫我的人带你来见我。我就来了。这就是Benjamin Linus?
-James: You two know each other?
each other:彼此
你们互相认识?
-Richard: What happened to him?
他怎么了?
-Kate: He was shot.
他中枪了。
-Richard: And who might you be?
你又是谁?
-James: She's with me.
她跟我一起的。
-Richard: And why are you here?
那你为啥在这里?
-Kate: 'Cause we need you to save his life. Can you?
我们需要你救他一命。你可以做到吗?
-Richard: If I take him, he's not ever gonna be the same again.
若我带走他,他将永远改变。
-Kate: What do you mean by that?
什么意思?
-Richard: What I mean is that... he'll forget this ever happened, and that...
我的意思是…他会失忆,然后…
His innocence will be gone. He will always be one of us. You still want me to take him?
innocence:单纯
他将不再单纯。他将永远成为我们一员。你还想我带走他吗?
-Kate: Yes.
是的。
-Man: Richard... you shouldn't do this without asking Ellie. And if Charles finds out
Richard…没问过Ellie前,你不该行动。要是Charles得知… .
-Richard: Let him find out. I don't answer to either of them.
就让他知道。我从不听他们指挥。
-Kate: Wh…where are you taking him?
你要把他带到哪里?
-James: Come on.
走吧。
-John: Hello, Ben. Welcome back to the land of the living.
the land of the living:人世(现世)
你好,Ben欢迎回到人间。
词汇解析:UnaYu 校对:Cici



评 论