看LOST学英语 第五季 15集: Follow The Leader
Previously on "lost"...
previously: 以前,先前
《迷失》前情提要
-John: Hello, Ben.
你好,Ben。
-Benjamin: You're alive.
alive:活着的
你还活着。
-John: Yes, I am
是的。
-Sun: Are you saying you know how to find them? How to find Jin?
你说你知道怎么找到他们吗?找到Jin?
-John: I have some ideas.
我有些主意。
-Sun: So you knew. This would happen to Locke if we brought him back here?
bring back: 带回来
这么说你是知道的。如果我们带他回来,这会发生在Locke身上。
-Benjamin: Dead is dead. You don't get come back from that.
come back: 回来【这里指起死回生】
死者已矣。你不可能让他们复活的。
-Daniel: The Dharma folks at the swan work site. They're gonna drill into the ground.
Dharma:达摩 folks:人们 swan:天鹅 site: 位置;地点 gonna: 将会[美俚]=going to drill:钻
在天鹅站的那些达摩组织的人。他们会钻到地下。
And accidentally tap into a massive pocket of energy,
accidentally: 偶然地, 意外地 tap into: 发掘;利用 massive:大而重的, 宽大的energy:能量
并且无意中触发一股巨大的能量。
And that will cause your plane-- oceanic 815-- To crash on this island.
cause:导致 crash:坠毁, 撞击 oceanic:海洋的
那会导致你们的飞机——大洋航班815号——坠毁在这岛上。
I think I can negate that energy. If I can, then that hatch will never be built,
negate:否定,取消 hatch:舱口
我想我可以中和掉那股能量。如果成功的话,那个船舱就不会建造。
And your plane will land just like it's supposed to.
land:登陆, 到达 suppose:假设, 以为 be supposed to: 本应该
然后你们的飞机会按原计划着陆。
-Kate: And just how exactly do you plan on destroying this energy?
exactly:确切地, 精确地, 恰好 destroy:毁坏, 消灭
那你具体是怎么计划破坏这股能量的呢?
-Daniel: I'm gonna detonate a hydrogen bomb.
detonate:引爆, 使爆炸, 使爆裂 hydrogen:氢 bomb:炸弹
我要引爆一颗氢弹。
-Daniel: Where's the bomb, Richard? Where is it?
Richard,炸弹在哪?在哪里?
The hydrogen bomb that I told your people to bury. Where is it?
bury:埋葬, 埋藏
我要你的人去埋起来的那颗氢弹,藏在哪里?
-Richard: Listen to me. Lower your gun, and we'll talk. okay?
听我说,把枪放下。我们好好谈,行吧?
Nobody has to get hurt here. Just put the gun down.
put down: 放下
没必要要伤人,把枪放下吧。
-Daniel: I'm gonna give you three seconds. One....
我会给你3秒钟考虑。1……
-Richard: Don't do this.
别这样。
-Kate: What's he doing down there? Jack, he's crazy.
crazy:发狂的
他在那干什么呢?Jack,他疯了。
-Jack: Is he? What if this is why we're here? What if this is our one chance.
chance:机会 what if: 如果
是吗?如果这正是我们在这里的原因会怎么样?如果这是我们唯一的机会。
To put things back the way they're supposed to be? No.
be supposed to:应该,被期望 put back: 还原
把事情还原成他们的本来面目?不。
-Kate: What the hell do you think you're doing?
hell: 地狱 the hell: 究竟;到底(用以强调)
你以为你想做什么呢?
-Jack: They shot him! I'm gonna go help.
shot: 射击, 射中(shoot 的过去式及过去分词)
他们开枪打了他,我要去帮忙。
-Kate: Yeah, they're gonna shoot you. We have to go, Jack. We have to go now. Jack!
是的,他们也会开枪打你的。我们必须得走了,Jack,我们得现在离开。Jack !
-Charles: Don't you move! Don't move. Just who the bloody hell might you be?
bloody: 流血【该死的(用以强调语气)】
不准动!不准动。你这个流血的家伙到底是谁?
-Charles: Eloise! What happened?
Eloise! 发生了什么事?
-Richard: This man walked into camp and put a gun to my head. And Eloise... reacted. Where'd you find them?
walk into: 走进 camp:营地 react:反抗
这人走进营地,用枪指着我的脑袋。然后Eloise反击了。你在哪发现他们?
-Charles: Crouched in the bushes... like rats.
crouch: 蜷着, 缩着 bush:矮树丛 rat:老鼠
蹲在草丛里面,像老鼠一样。
-Eloise: Did you two come here with this man?
你们是和这个人一起的吗?
-Jack: Yes.
是的。
-Eloise: Put them in my tent.
tent: 帐篷
把他们关进我的帐篷。
-Charles: Would you care to tell me, Eloise, Why the Dharma Initiative seems to have declared war on us?
initiative:组织 declare:宣告, 宣布 war:战争
你愿意告诉我吗?Eloise,为什么达摩组织似乎要对我们宣战呢?
-Eloise: These people aren't from the Dharma Initiative, Charles.
这些人不是来自达摩组织的,Charles。
-Charles: Then where the hell are they from?
那他们从哪里来。
(Thirty Years Later)
(三十年后)
-Woman: Richard, he's here.
Richard,他来了。
-John: I brought dinner.
我带来了晚餐。
-Richard: John?
John?
-John: Hello, Richard. It's been a while.
你好,Richard。好久不见。
-Richard: It's…it's been, uh, three years. What happened? What…where…where were you?
呃,已经有三年了吧。发生了什么事?你去了哪里?
-John: I'll explain on the way.
explain:解释 on the way: 在路上
我会在路上解释。
-Richard: On the way where?.
去哪里的路上?
-John: It's gonna be night soon .You and I have an errand to run, and we don't have a lot of time. What's wrong?
errand:差事 run an errand: 做差事;跑腿 a lot of: 许多
快要到晚上了。你和我有任务要执行。我们没有太多时间。怎么了?
-Richard: Something different about you.
你有些不一样。
-John: I have a purpose now.
purpose:目的, 意图
我现在有目标了。
-Richard: What's he doing here?
他在这干嘛呢?
-John: He helped me get back.
他帮我回到这里的?
-Sun: Why did Locke say these were his people? I thought they were yours.
为什么Locke说这些是他的手下?我以为是你的手下。
-Benjamin: When I left the island, John stepped in. He's the leader now.
step in:走进 leader:领导者
当我离开这岛的时候,John来了。他现在是这里的头。
-Sun: Who's that man he's talking to?
跟他说话的人是谁?
-Benjamin: His name is Richard Alpert. He's a kind of... Advisor. And he has had that job for a very very long time. Sun? What are you...
a kind of: 有种;有点儿 advisor:顾问【这里翻译隐喻成军师】
他叫Richard Alpert。他有点像……军师。而且他做那份差事很久很久了。Sun?你在……
-Sun: Were you here in 1977?
1977年的时候你在这里吗?
-Richard: Excuse me?
你说什么?
-Sun: These people... Jack Shephard, Kate Austen, Hugo Reyes. They were here with my
husband…Jin Kwon.
这些人……Jack Shephard,Kate Austen,Hugo Reyes。他们和我的丈夫在这里……Jin Kwon
Were you here? Do you remember them? A…any of them?
你在这里吗?你记得他们吗?随便是谁?
-Richard: Yes, I was here 30 years ago. And I do. I remember these people.
remember: 记得
是的,30年前我在这里。而且我确实记得这些人。
I remember meeting them very clearly, because... I watched them all die.
clearly:清楚地 die:死
我记得非常清楚和他们的见面,因为……我亲眼看着他们都死了。
-John: Drink of water?
要喝水吗?
-Sun: Do you think it's true? They're all dead?
你说这是真的吗?他们都死了吗?
-John: I don't think we went through all this for nothing, Sun.
go through: 经历 for thing: 毫无结果;白费
我认为我们回来不会一无所获的,Sun。
-Richard: I'm ready, John.
我准备好了,John。
-John: You still have that compass I gave you?
compass:指南针
我给你的指南针你还留着吗?
-Richard: A little rusty, but she can still find north.
rusty:锈的
有点生锈了,但还能找准方向。
-John: Ben, I'd appreciate it if you'd join us.
appreciate:感激,感谢 join: 加入;参加
Ben,你能跟我们一起走就好了。
-Benjamin: What, John, don't you trust me here with my former people? Afraid I'll stage a coup?
trust:信任,相信 former: 之前的 stage:策划(阴谋) coup:意外而成功的行动
怎么了?难道你对我和过去的下属在一起不放心吗?担心我搞突然袭击吗?
-John: I'm not afraid of anything you can do anymore, Ben.
be afraid of:害怕,担忧 not…anymore: 不再
你再耍什么花招我也无所畏惧,Ben。
-Benjamin: Well, in that case, I’d love to come.
in that case:如果是那样的话 ‘d love to:愿意 =would love to
这样的话,我愿意加入。
-John: Good. Stay here. We'll be back in a couple of hours. I'll see what I can find out.
a couple of:几个 find out: 查出;找出
很好。留在原地,我们几小时后回来。希望能有所发现。
But whatever happens, Sun, you have my word.
whatever: 无论什么 have one's word:保证
Sun,无论发生什么事,我向你保证。
If there's a way for you and Jin to be together again,
together:在一起
如果有办法能使你和Jin能够重聚,
If there's a way to save our people... I'll find it.
save:拯救,挽救
如果能够找到拯救我们的人的方法……我一定会找到。
-Jack: Take it easy on her.
take it easy: 轻松点;别紧张
别动她。
-Erik: Don't talk. Understand?
别废话。明白吗?
-Kate: Are you okay?
你还好吧?
-Jack: Yeah.
还好。
-Kate: You know, before we were caught... You said that we needed to put things back the way they were supposed to be. What did you mean by that?
我们被抓之前……你说我们需要把一切事物扳回原来的轨道。我不明白你的意思。
-Jack: If we can do what Faraday said... Our plane never crashes... Flight 815 lands in Los Angeles.
crash:撞毁 land…in:在…着陆
如果我们能按Faraday说的做……我们的飞机就不会坠落……815航班会在洛杉矶安然降落。
And everyone we lost since we got here... They'd all be alive.
alive:活着的
我们到这里以后所有死去的人,现在应该都还活着。
-Kate: And what about us? We just... Go on living our life. Because we've never met?
那我们俩呢?我们只是……依旧过着自己的生活。只因为我们素未谋面吗?
-Jack: All the misery that we've been through... We'd just wipe it clean, never happened.
misery:痛苦的事,不幸 have been through: 经历 wipe s.t clean: 一笔勾销
我们经历过的种种不幸……都会烟消云散,就像从未发生过。
-Kate: It was not all misery.
not all: 不全是(部分否定)
不全是不幸。
-Jack: Enough of it was.
那也够人受的。
-Eloise: The man I shot... What did he need the bomb for? I need you to tell me why he wanted the bomb.
bomb: 炸弹【这里指前面提到的氢弹】
击中的那个人……他要氢弹干什么?告诉我,他要那氢弹做什么?
-Jack: I don't think you'd believe me if I did.
believe:相信
我说了你也不会信。
-Eloise: When I was 17 years old, I took a young man to the bomb.
我17岁时,我带一个年轻人去找炸弹。
He proceeded to tell me that if we buried it underground,
proceed:继续下去 underground:地下
接着他告诉我,如果我们把它给埋了,
Then things would work out splendidly.
work out: 成功地发展 splendidly:壮观地,华丽地
将会是一大壮举。
When I asked him how he could be so sure... He said that he was from the future.
我问他我为什么如此肯定……他说他来自未来。
And then he disappeared, right in front of my bloody eyes.
disappear:消失 in front of: 在…前面
说完就消失了,就在我眼前消失得无影无踪。
Ten minutes ago, I shot that man in the back. And before he... died... He told me that he...
十分钟前,我击中了那人的背部。他临死前……告诉我
He said he was my son. Explain to me... And you have my word I will believe you.
explain:解释 have one’s word:保证
他说是我儿子。告诉我详情……我保证我会深信不疑。
How is this my handwriting if I don't remember writing it?
handwriting:书法,字迹
这怎么会是我的笔记,我却一点没印象。
-Jack: Because you haven't written it yet. I know this is hard to understand, But...
因为你还没动笔。我知道这很难理解。但……
What you just did...It was an accident, And I think that there's a way for you to take it all back.
take back: 取回来
你刚才做的事……是场意外。有办法可以挽回这一切。
-Eloise: What?
什么?
-Jack: Your son came back here. Because he had figured out a way to change things.
figure out:计算出,解决
你儿子回到这里。是因为他找到了破解之法。
He doesn't have to be dead. You don't have to have killed him.
他不必死。你也没必要杀了他。
If we do what's written in that journal... None of this will have happened.
journal:日记,日志
如果我们按照那篇日志上记载的做……这一切就不会发生。
-Eloise: Does he know what he's talking about?
他是不是不知所云?
-Kate: He thinks he does.
他自认为头脑清楚。
-Eloise: All right then, I'll take you to the bomb. Just... One small issue, however.
small issue: 小问题
那好吧,我带你去找炸弹。只是……可我得先说清楚。
We secured it over 20 years ago underground. But since that time, It appears that someone's built an entire village over it.
secure:使安全 appear:出现 entire:全部的,整个 village:村庄
20多年前我们把炸弹埋在地下。可那时起,有人在那里建造了整个村庄。
-Jack: The Dharma Initiative?
达摩组织吗?
-Eloise: However... It appears that you two have been passing yourselves off as members,
pass off: (以某种方式)发展并完成
但是……看来你们俩也是他们的成员,
So...I suppose coming and going will be relatively simple.
suppose:猜想,料想 relatively:相对地
我想你们的行动会相对容易一些。
-Jack: Ah, it might be a little bit more complicated than that.
a little bit: 一点 complicated:复杂的
没你想像中那么简单。
-Stuart: That woman… where is she now?
那女人……现在在哪里?
-James: Call my lawyer.
叫我的律师。
-Horace: Stuart! What the hell are you doing?
Stuart!你到底在干什么?
-Stuart: I'm getting answers. Where is she?!
我在逼供。她在哪里?
-Horace: Hey. hey! Stop! Damn it, stop. That is an order. I’m still in charge here.
be in charge: 负责
住手!该死,住手。我命令你,现在还是我说了算。
-Stuart: No, you were in charge, Horace. But if we're gonna protect our people.
be in charge: 负责;主管 protect: 保护
不,以前是你说了算,Horace。可我们要想保护自己人
And all the work we're doing here, You don't have the stomach for what happens next.
have the stomach for:对…有胃口
和我们付出的所有艰辛劳动。接下来的事你是应付不过来的。
-Stuart: Phil. Okay, Jim, last chance. You tell me where she is...
Phil。Jim,给你最后一次机会。你告诉我她在哪?
Or so help me god, I will kill you. You ready to talk now?
看在上帝份上,不然我就宰了你。现在准备招出来吗?
-James: Nope.
nope: 不(否定的答复) [美俚](=no)
不。
-Stuart: Believe me, I'm gettin' tired of this too, Jim. So why don't you tell me
get tired of: 厌倦
相信我,Jim我也厌倦了这样。招了吧。
Where your girlfriend took the boy? Shebring him to the hostiles?
hostile:敌人
你女朋友带那孩子去了哪?把他带去投奔敌人了吗?
You know where they are?
你知道他们在那里吗?
-Juliet: Stop! Please!
住手。求你了!
-Stuart: You want me to stop? Then tell me what I want to know!
你想让我住手吗?那就回答我的问题。
-Juliet: Stuart, please. We have known each other for three years.
each other:互相,彼此
Stuart,求你了。我们认识有3年了。
We are not bad people! We are not here to hurt you!
我们不是坏人,我们不是来伤害你的!
-James: Juliet... Don't. Whatever you tell 'em, they ain't gonna believe you.
'em: 他们[口]=them ain't:[口]= are not
Juliet……不要。不管你说什么,他们都不会相信的。
It's only gonna get more people hurt.
只会伤及无辜。
-Horace: What are we doing, man? Beating him is pointless. Okay? He's not gonna talk.
pointless:无意义的
我们在干什么?打他没用,好吗?他不会招的。
-Phil: I can make him talk.
我能敲开他的嘴。
-James: Son of a bitch!
son of a bitch: [俚]狗娘养的
混蛋!
-Horace: Easy. Easy.
冷静,冷静。
-James: You're a dead man, Phil. I'm gonna kill you.
Phil,你死定了。我要杀了你
-Man: Mr. Radzinsky? There's still no sign of Miles or Jin. But the recruits from last week...
sign:征兆,迹象 recruit:新兵,新会员
Radzinsky先生,还是没有Miles和Jin的消息。但上星期新来的人……
I got their sub's manifest from Amy. There were three last-minute add-ons.
sub: 潜水艇=submarine manifest:运货单【船员名单】 add-on: 附加;添加(的人)
我从Amy那里找到了潜艇运载名单。有三个人最后才临时加进来。
They were the two people that shot at you…Shephard and austen…
其中两人是枪击你的……Shephard和Austen……
And one guy we can't track down. He's gotta be a part of this
track down:追踪至捕获 gotta: 必须[俚](=(have) got to)
还有一人尚未查出。他一定也参与了这事。
-Horace: Who the hell is Hugo Reyes?
Hugo Reyes是谁?
-Phil: He's the fat guy.
那个胖子。
-Hugo: So what's the rescue plan?
rescue:拯救,营救
营救计划是怎样的
-Miles: Rescue plan? We’re heading to the beach.
head to: 朝…方向走 beach:海滩
营救计划?我们正向海滩走
Why do you think we sent you for food?
不然你以为为什么派你去拿食物?
-Hugo: But they got Sawyer and Juliet.
但Sawyer和Juliet他们。
-Miles: And there are 30 of them, and they all have guns.
他们有30人,都有枪。
The only people we can rescue is our ourselves, so let's go.
我们只能自救,走吧。
-Hugo: We gotta do something. I mean, Sawyer would never leave us behind.
leave behind: 不管;丢下
我们不能坐视不管。Sawyer不会抛弃我们的。
-Miles: Dr. Chang? What are you doing here?
张博士,你在这做什么?
-Dr. Chang: I could ask you the same question.
我也想问你们这个问题。
-Hugo: But we asked you first.
我们先问的。
-Dr. Chang: Your friend Faraday said that you were from the future.
你们的朋友Faraday。你们来自未来。
I need to know if he was telling the truth.
truth:事实
我想知道他说的是否属实。
-Hugo: Dude, that's ridiculous.
dude:伙计,家伙 ridiculous:荒诞,荒谬
伙计,这太荒谬了。
-Dr. Chang: What year were you born? What year?
born:出生
你生于哪年。哪年?
-Hugo: Uh... 1931?
嗯……1931年。
-Dr. Chang: You're 46?
你46了吗?
-Hugo: Yeah. Yes, I am.
是啊。是的
-Dr. Chang: So you fought in the Korean War?
fought: 打仗(fight过去分词) Korean War:朝鲜战争
那你朝鲜战争中参战了吗?
-Hugo: There's no such thing.
没这回事。
-Dr. Chang: Who's the president of the United States?
president:总统
谁是美国总统?
-Hugo: All right, dude, we're from the future. Sorry.
dude: 伙计;老兄
好吧,伙计,我们是来自未来。抱歉。
-Dr. Chang: It's true then? You are my son?
那就是真的了吗?你是我儿子?
-Miles: Yeah, it's true.
是啊。
-Dr. Chang: Your friend…the physicist…He also told me to evacuate everyone I could off the
island.
physicist:物理学家 evacuate:撤离 off: 离开
你朋友……那个物理学家……他让我撤离岛上的所有人。
He said there was going to be a massive accident at the Swan. Now is that true?
massive:巨大的 accident: 意外;事故
他说天鹅站会有场巨大的事故。这是真的吗?
-Miles: He's been right about everything so far. If Faraday said get people off the island... I'd do it.
so far:目前为止
目前为止他都是正确的。如果Faraday要岛上所有人撤离,我会照做。
-Dr. Chang: Well, then let's hope he knows what he's doing.
那就但愿他头脑清醒。
-Charles: Tell me something. Why is it that this man looks... familiar to me?
familiar:熟悉的
告诉我吧。为什么这人看起来……如此眼熟?
-Eloise: Richard... You and Erik are coming with me.
Richard……你和Erik跟我走。
-Charles: Going with you where?
跟你去哪里?
-Eloise: You can untie them.
untie:解开 给他松绑。
-Richard: And...
还有……
-Eloise: Would you mind giving us a moment? I'm taking them to the bomb.
不介意让我们独处一会吧?我带他们去找炸弹。
-Charles: What? Are you insane? I'm worried about you. Not in your condition.
insane:疯狂的 condition:状况,情况 in one’s condition: 处于良好状态
什么?你疯了吗?我很担心你。你现在状态不好。
-Eloise: I mean it.
我得这么做。
-Jack: Who is he?
他是谁?
-Richard: The man you're asking about, Jack, is Charles Widmore.
你问的那个人,Jack,那是Charles Widmore。
He and Eloise are... Well, let's just say love can be complicated.
complicated:复杂的
他和Eloise是……爱情真复杂。
-Eloise: All right. Let’s move out.
move out:出发
好的,我们走吧。
-Richard: So, John... You, uh, you ready to tell me. Where you've been the last three years?
John……你打算告诉我。这三年你都去哪里了?
-John: You really don't know?
你真的不知道吗?
-Richard: Well, I know that on the day that Ben here turned the wheel.
wheel:轮,轮状物
我只知道当Ben转动了转轮
That you and I were sitting on a log. There was a bright light, there was a loud noise,
log:原木,木材 bright:明亮的 light:光线 noise:噪音
你和我就站在一个木板上,有强烈的白光和噪音,
And then you just... you disappeared.
disappear:消失
然后你就……就消失了。
-John: Well, Richard, you're just about to see where I disappeared too.
be about to: 打算;将会
Richard你马上就可以看到我也消失过的地方
And after we're finished with that, I'd like you to take me to see Jacob.
而当我们把事情完成,我要你带我去见Jacob。
-Benjamin: That's... not how it works, John.
John,这不符合规矩。
-John: Is that true, Richard? Is this gonna be a problem?
真的吗,Richard?会有什么问题吗?
-Richard: You just got back, John. There's no reason to rush into…
rush into: 仓促行事
你刚回来而已,John。没必要那么着急就……
-John: I am the leader now. Right?
leader:领导者
我现在是你们的带头人吧?
-Richard: Yes, John. That's right.
是的没错,John。
-John: Good. Then I would like you to take me to Jacob. Can you do that?
好,那我要你带我去见Jacob。你能带我去吗?
-Richard: yeah, of course.
当然。
-John: Fantastic. Let's keep moving. We're almost to the plane.
fantastic:极好的
非常好。我们继续走,快要到飞机那里了。
-Benjamin: What plane?
什么飞机?
-John: It's a Beechcraft…used to smuggle heroin. Flew out of Nigeria, crashed here.
craft:飞机【Beechcraft比奇飞机由霍克.比奇公司生产,主要向军方提供飞机】 smuggle:走私 heroin:海洛因 Nigeria:尼日利亚 crash:撞毁
一架比奇飞机……来走私海洛因的。从尼日利亚起飞,在这里失事。
All right, Richard, listen very carefully. Because you're only gonna have about three minutes
现在,你仔细听好了,Richard。因为你只有大概三分钟的时间,
To get this right.
get s.t right: 把…弄好;把…做好
把事情做好。
-Richard: Get what right?
把什么做好?
-John: A man's about to walk out of the jungle. He's been shot in the leg. You'll need this to get the bullet out.
be about to:将要 jungle:丛林 bullet:子弹
一个男的将要走出丛林。但是他的脚被射伤了。你需要这些把子弹取出来。
-Richard: Uh, I’m sorry, John. I’m not--
我没听懂,John。
-John: Now just listen. This is the important part. You're gonna need to tell him
important:重要的
你现在仔细听好,这是最重要的一点。你一定要告诉他
That he has to bring everyone who left back to the island.
他必须让所有离开岛的人回到岛上。
And when he asks how to do that... You tell him he's gonna have to die.
当他问该怎么办的时候……你告诉他他必须死去。
-Benjamin: Who is that man, John?
那个男的是谁,John?
-John: Me.
我。
-John: Aah. Richard? Richard... What is happening?
啊。Richard? Richard……到底发生了什么事?
-Richard: What's happening is that you're bleeding to death.
就是你会流血致死。
-John: Okay, here.
好的,这里。
-Richard: I need to get the bullet out.
bleed:流血
发生了什么就是你会失血过多死去。我需要你把子弹取出来。
-John: How did you know there was a bullet in my leg, Richard?
你怎么知道有子弹在我腿里,Richard?
-Richard: Because you told me there was, John.
是你告诉我的,John。
-John: No, no. no, i didn't.
不,不,不,我没有。
-Richard: Well... You will.
是的……你将会告诉我的。
-Benjamin: This must be quite the out-of-body experience.
experience:经历
这种灵魂出窍的感觉很好吧。
-John: Something like that.
感觉可以。
-Benjamin: Your timing was impeccable, John. How did you know when to be here?
timing: 特定时间;时机 impeccable:无懈可击的
你计算的天衣无缝,John。你是怎么知道该什么时候出现在这里的?
-John: The island told me. Didn't it ever tell you things?
这个岛告诉我的。它从未告诉过你什么吧?
-Benjamin: No, John. And clearly it hasn't told you where Jacob is,
很明显它没告诉你Jacob在哪里啊,John。
Or you wouldn't need Richard to show you.
否则你也不需要Richard告诉你。
-John: You’ve never seen him
你从未见过他。
-Benjamin: What?
什么?
-John: Jacob. You’ve never seen him, have you?
Jacob,你从未见过他?
-Benjamin: What just happened? Where did you go?
刚才发生了什么?你去了哪里?
-John: To give Richard his compass back.
compass:指南针
去把指南针还给Richard。
-Richard: You want the bullet?
你要这个子弹吗?
-John: Keep it. Everything go all right?
你留着吧。一切还好吧?
-Richard: Well, you seemed pretty convinced, Especially when I said you were gonna die.
convinced:确信的,深信的 especially:特别,尤其
你的话还是挺有说服力的,尤其是当我说你将会死去的时候。
I'm certainly glad that didn't have to happen.
certainly:确定地
让我欣慰的是这并没有发生。
-John: Actually, Richard, it did. We better get back to camp.
actually:事实上 camp:营地
事实上,Richard,已经发生了。我们还是回到营地吧。
-Dr. Chang: You need to evacuate the island of all nonessential personnel,
evacuate:撤离 nonessential:非本质的 personnel:人员
你需要撤离这个岛上所有的人,所有无关的人员。
And you need to do it... What the hell is going on here?
你需要去……这里发生了什么?
-Stuart: Aren't you supposed to be at the swan right now, Chang?
张博士,你不是应该在天鹅站吗?
We're supposed to break ground in less than 20 hours.
less than: 少于
我们应该在20个小时内把井打通。
-Dr. Chang: We're under imminent threat. If we start drilling,
imminent:即将来临的 threat:威胁 drill:钻
我们受到了威胁,如果我们开始钻井。
There's a high probability of a cataclysmic accident.
probability:可能性 cataclysmic:灾变
将很有可能会发生灾难性的事件。
-Stuart: We are drilling and on schedule.
on schedule: 按计划
我们按照计划继续钻井。
-Dr. Chang: Horace, you're in charge.
Horace你来负责这里。
-Stuart: He's not in charge anymore. This is my decision, and it's been made. We keep working.
in charge:主管,看管 decision:决定
他再也不是负责人了。这是我的决定。我说的算。我们继续钻井。
-James: Put us on the sub. He's right. It ain't safe. Put the women and children on the sub.
sub:潜艇=submarine ain't: 不是[口]= is not
把我们带到潜水艇去。他是对的,这里不安全了。把妇女孩子带到潜水艇
And get 'em the hell out of here. And if you put me and Juliet on the sub with 'em...
'em: 他们[口]=them
让他们离开这里。如果你把我和Juliet带到潜水艇。
We'll tell you anything you wanna know. You okay with that, sweetheart?
sweetheart: 亲爱的
我们会告诉你一切。这样可以了吧,亲爱的?
-Juliet: Absolutely.
absolutely:完全地,绝对地
是的。
-Stuart: You want on that sub, Jim? Draw me a map.
Jim,你也进潜水艇吧。画个地图给我。
I wanna know exactly where the hostiles are.
wanna: 想<美俚>=want to hostile:敌人
我要知道敌人的具体位置。
-Eloise: You two know how to swim?
你们两个会游泳吗?
-Kate: Why don't we just go around it?
我们就在上面看看不行吗?
-Eloise: No, dear, we need to go in.
不,亲爱的,我们要下去。
We have to swim under the pond to get to the tunnels.
pond:池塘 tunnel:隧道
潜到水底进入隧道。
-Kate: I'm not going.
我不去。
-Jack: What?
什么?
-Kate: I'm gonna go back and find everyone else. I...
我要回去找其他人。我……
I can't go any further with you Jack. Not this time.
我这次不能再跟你走,Jack。
-Jack: Kate, you can't go back there now. They know about us.
Kate,你现在不能回去,他们认识我们。
They... they tried to kill us.
try to:设法
他们……他们会杀了我们的。
-Kate: And what are you trying to do? Bye, Jack.
那你打算怎么办?再见,Jack。
-Erik: You're not going anywhere.
哪都别去。
-Jack: No, you don't need to do that.
不,别这样。
-Eloise: We're not in the habit of telling our secrets to strangers, then just letting them saunter off
in habit of:有…的习惯 secret: 秘密 stranger:陌生人 saunter:漫步,闲逛
我们没有跟陌生人说出秘密,然后让他们随便就走的习惯。
-Kate: You know, I don't care about your secrets I just wanna leave.
我才不关这些,我要走了。
-Jack: Look, just put the gun…
把枪放下……
-Erik: Step away! Hey! I said stop!
退后!嘿!我说了别动!
-Jack: If she wants to leave, she can leave!
如果她想走,就让她走!
-Richard: What are we doing here, Eloise? That man just killed one of our own people,
我们在干什么,Eloise?那个人刚刚杀了一个我们的人。
And you're acting like it doesn't matter.
可是你却好像什么都没发生一样。
-Eloise: If these people are right about what they're about to do, Richard, it won't matter.
如果他们说的那些事都是真的。Richard,就没事了。
-Richard: And what are they about to do?
be about to:将要,正打算
他们要干什么?
-Sayid: So you're telling me. You're going to erase the last three years of our lives?
erase:清除,抹除
告诉我,你要把我们过去三年的生活都删除?
-Jack: We can change things, Sayid.
我们可以改变这些事,Sayid。
-Sayid: I don't know if you're. But I've already changed things.
我不知道你们能不能。可是我已经改变了一些事了。
I killed Benjamin Linus, And we're all still here.
我杀了Benjamin Linus,可是我们现在还在这。
-Kate: It's because you didn't kill him. Sawyer and me took him to the others.
那是因为你没杀他。Sawyer和我把他交给其他人了。
So that they could save him.
他们可以救他。
-Sayid: Why did you do that?
你为什么这么做?
-Kate: Why did I do that?
我为什么这么做?
Since when did shooting kids and blowing up hydrogen bombs become okay?
blow up: 爆炸 hydrogen bomb: 氢弹
向孩子开枪、投氢弹难道就对了嘛?
-Jack: The three of us disappeared off that plan and ended up here,
end up: 结果是
我们的三个人放弃了那个计划,就在这里,
Ended up now, because this is our chance to change things
现在就放下,因为只有这样我们才有机会改变。
-Kate: And if you're wrong, then everyone on the island dies. Do you understand that?
可是如果你们错了,岛上的所有人都会死。你明白吗?
-Jack: I'm not wrong, Kate. This is it. This is why we're here. This is our destiny.
destiny:命运
我不会错的Kate,这就是我在这的原因。这是我们的命运。
-Kate: Do you know who you sound like?
知道你说话的语气像谁吗?
Because he was crazy, too, Jack. You said so yourself.
因为他也疯了,Jack。你是这样说的。
-Jack: Well, maybe I was wrong.
好吧,或许是我错了。
-Kate: No, you were right.
不,你是对的。
-Kate: I'm going back to find the rest of our people,
我要回去找他们,
Because if I can't stop you, then maybe they can.
我不能阻止你,他们也许可以。
-Broadcast: The submarine departs in 30 minutes.
submarine:潜艇 depart:离开
潜艇将在30分钟内离开。
All evacuees, please proceed to the dock.
evacuee:被疏散者 proceed to:去往,进 dock:码头
所有撤离人员,请马上到码头上来。
-Annie: Come now, Charlotte. Stay with me.
快点,Charlotte,跟我来。
-Lara: This is ridiculous. I can help you.
ridiculous:荒谬的,可笑的
这太可笑了,我可以帮你。
-Dr. Chang: No, Lara, you can't. Just go over there. I want you to leave now!
不,Lara,你帮不了我,离开这。我要你现在马上离开!
-Hugo: Why is he yelling at her, dude?
yell at: 对…吼叫
为什么他对她喊,老兄?
-Miles: It's the only way he can get her to leave.
这是他让她走的唯一方法。
-Hugo: Sorry, man.
对不起,伙计。
-Jin Kwon: We'd better get going.
我们最好马上走。
-Miles: Wait! Whoa! Whoa! Wait…wait a second. It's Jim and Juliet.
等等!等一会。是Jim和Juliet。
Why the hell are they... Putting them on the sub?
为什么那些人……要把他们放到潜艇上?
-Hugo: Don't worry. It’s gonna be okay. Sawyer always has a plan, right?
别担心,没事的。Sawyer会有办法的,对吗?
-James: We'll buy Microsoft.
我们会买下微软。
-Juliet: Excuse me?
什么?
-James: Then we'll bet the cowboys in the '78 super bowl.
cowboy:牛仔【这里the cowboys特指小牛队】 super:超级 bowl:碗,钵
这样我们就能在78届超级杯赛上下注小牛队。
We're gonna be rich. Look, I’m sorry. I should've listened to you
我们会变的很富有。对不起。我应该听你的。
When you wanted to get on this sub three years ago.
三年前让你上这艘潜艇
-Juliet: I'm glad you talked me out of it.
很高兴你现在对我说这些。
-Nemo: Come on, lafleur. Get in.
快点,Lafleur,进去。
-James: Ladies first. Good riddance.
good riddance:可喜的摆脱
女士优先。终于解脱了。
-Jack: If I don't see you the other side, I won't blame you.
blame:指责,责怪
如果在那边我没见到你,我不会怪你的。
-Eloise: Now take a deep breath and follow Richard under.
take a deep breath: 深呼吸
深吸一口气,跟上Richard。
There's an opening in the bottom of the rocks at the far side.
bottom:底部
在石头下面有一个入口。
-Jack: That was a lot further than I thought it was. Where are we?
比我想的远多了。我们在哪?
-Richard: The tunnels.
隧道。
-Jack: You wanna tell me how we're gonna get a bomb out of here?
我们怎么把炸弹带出这里?
-Richard: The same way we brought it in.
怎么带进来的就怎么带出去。
-Jack: I assume you don't mean through the pool.
assume:猜想
你不会是指通过池塘带出去吧。
-Richard: It's a 12-foot long, 40,000-pound hydrogen bomb.
hydrogen bomb:氢弹
这可是12英尺长,40000磅的氢弹。
No, not through the pool.
不,不是从池塘。
-Jack: I didn't think you'd come.
没想到你也来了。
-Sayid: Well, if this works, you might just save us all.
work: 奏效
如果这样有用的话,我们都会得救的。
And if it doesn't? At least you'll put us out of our misery.
misery:痛苦
如果没有用呢?至少你让我们从痛苦中解脱出来。
-Eloise: All right. Let’s get started.
好了,我们开始吧。
-Richard: I'll have a tent prepared for you, John.
tent:帐篷 prepare:准备
我给你准备了一个帐篷,John。
We'll get going first thing in the morning.
我们明早第一件事就去那。
-John: I thought we could leave right now.
我想我们现在就可以出发。
-Richard: Now?
现在。
-John: I'm eager.
eager:热切的
我很性急。
-Richard: We can do whatever you want, but maybe the two of us should go to my tent and talk about.
我们可以听你吩咐,也许我们该去我帐篷里面讨论一下。
-John: Is this everyone?
所有人都在这里吗?
-Richard: Well, there's another group at the temple, but…
temple:庙
神庙那里还有另一组人,但……
-John: Well, if you don't mind, I would like to talk to everyone here now.
如果你不介意,我现在想和每个人都谈谈。
-Richard: Of course. Be my guest.
be my guest:请自便 guest:客人
当然可以。随便。
-John: Hello, everyone. My name is John Locke. I've been told that... For some time,
大家好。我叫John Locke。有人告诉我……有段时间,
You all have been accepting orders from a man named Jacob.
accept: 接受 order:命令
你们要听从一个叫Jacob的人。
And yet, oddly enough, It seems that no one has actually seen him.
oddly:稀奇的是,奇怪的是
是的,非常奇怪似乎没人真正见过他。
Now I'm sure there are very good reasons Why his existence and whereabouts are secret.
existence:存在 whereabouts:在什么地方,下落
现在我肯定对于为什么他的存在和他到底在哪?都是秘密,这都有合理原因。
I just don't know what they are. And to be honest with all of you,
而我不知道原因到底是什么。老实跟你们说,
If there's a man telling us what to do, I want to know who he is.
如果有人要命令我们该做什么,我要知道他是谁。
-Sun: This man…Jacob? Can he tell us how to bring Jin and the rest of our people back here?
那个人……Jacob?他能告诉我们如何把Jin和我们其他人带回这里吗?
-John: Absolutely. Richard has agreed to show us where we need to go.
absolutely:绝对地
绝对可以。Richard已经答应告诉我们该去哪里。
So I'm gonna go and see Jacob right now. And I'd like all of you to come with me.
那么我现在就要去见Jacob。而且我希望大家都和我一起去。
-Richard: I'm starting to think John Locke is gonna be trouble.
trouble:麻烦
开始觉得John Locke会是个麻烦。
-Benjamin: Why do you think I tried to kill him?
你凭什么认为我会杀他呢?
-Nemo: We're shovin' off in two minutes. Appreciate it if you didn't cause us any trouble.
shove off:开船,离开 shovin’:=shoving appreciate:感激
我们两分钟后离开。如果你们不给我们带来麻烦的话我会很感激的。
-James: Wouldn't think of it, Nemo.
Nemo,我们不会的。
-Juliet: What are we gonna do on we get to Ann Arbor?
我们到了安娜堡市后该干什么呢?
-James: We ain't going to Ann Arbor.
ain’t: are not的缩写
我们不去安娜堡市。
-Juliet: What do you mean? .
你是什么意思?
-James: These guys ain't cops. They got no authority over us back in the real world.
ain’t: is not的缩写 cops:警察 authority:权利
这些人又不是警察。他们在现实世界没有权利管我们。
So once we dock wherever we dock... We're free.
dock:码头
所以不管我们在哪里上了岸……我们就自由了。
-Juliet: "Real world." I don't even know what that means anymore.
现实世界。我甚至不记得那是什么意思了。
-James: Hey, come here. Whatever happens, I got your back, remember?
过来。无论发生什么事,我会支持你的记得吗?
-Juliet: I love you.
我爱你。
-James: I love you back.
我也爱你。
-Phil: Hold on! Don't close the hatch! Horace wants her off the island, too.
hold on:等一等 hatch:舱口
等一等,别关了船舱。Horace也想要她离开这岛。
We'll let Ann Arbor deal with them. Actually caught her coming back into town.
deal with: 处理,对待 actually:实际上
我们到了安娜堡市再对付他们。在她回来的时候捉到他的。
Cuffher over there with the others.
cuff: 给…上手铐
把他和其他人铐在一起。
-Kate: Hey!
嗨!
-James: Hey!
嗨!
-Man: Clear the bridge. All personnel lay below on the double.
personnel:人员 on the double:赶紧
收起登船梯。全体船员下仓,快点。
-Phil: We're away. Engineering, take your stations.
engineering:工程
我们离开了。机房,准备。
-Man: Boat is clear for sea. All men to your stations. Prepare to dive.
be clear for: 为…清除障碍 dive:潜水
潜艇可以航行。全体船员就位,准备下潜。
Clear the bridge. All hands below.
all hands: 全体船员
登船梯收起,所有船员下舱。
-Phil: Stand by main vents. Diving position. Stand by on ballast tanks.
stand by:准备 vent:孔 dive:潜水 position:状态 ballast tank:压载箱
主排水口准备。下潜中。下压货仓准备。
-Man: Ship has been cleared for dive. Repeat, ship has been cleared for dive.
潜艇可以下潜。重复,潜艇可以潜水。
Stand by for dive. Ship to dive. Clear engines two and three. Test two and three.
engine:发动机
准备潜水。潜艇下潜。二三号发动机正常,检查二号和三号。
-Sayid: Jack. I'm sure it's occurred to you.
occur to:发生在
Jack,我相信这在你身上发生了。
That this woman's motivation In helping us detonate a hydrogen bomb.
motivation:动机 hydrogen bomb:氢弹
但这女人帮我们引爆氢弹的动机。
Is only to annihilate the Dharma Initiative.
annihilate:消灭
只是想消灭达摩组织。
-Jack: Yes, but I still trust her.-
是的,但我还是相信她。
-Sayid: Why?
为什么?
-Jack: Because 30 years from now, she's the one who’s gonna tell us how to get back to the island.
因为30年后,就是她告诉我们如何回到这岛上的。
-Sayid: And that makes you trust her?
因为这个你就相信她?
-Eloise: Well…Now what?
呃……现在怎么办?
-John: Beautiful day, isn't it?
美好的一天,不是吗?
-Benjamin: Yes... so far. Richard had some concerns
concern:忧虑,担心
是的……目前为止。Richard有些顾虑。
-John: Concerns about what?
顾虑什么?
-Benjamin: This pilgrimage to Jacob makes him uncomfortable.
pilgrimage:朝圣 uncomfortable:不安的
这样像带着帮朝圣的人去见Jacob让他很不安。
He's expressed... Reservations about whether or not
express:表示 reservation:保留意见
他表示……对你自己知道与否自己到底在做什么
You know what the hell you're doing.
持保留意见
-John: I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, Ben.
attention:注意
谢谢你告诉我这个,Ben。
-Benjamin: I know we've had our differences in the past, John,
difference:分歧
我知道我们过去有分歧,John。
But I'm here to follow you now.
但是现在我是你的手下。
So if you need Jacob to help you reunite your people,
reunite:重新联合,重聚
那么如果你要Jacob帮你重组你的手下。
Then I'll do whatever…
我会做任何……
-John: I'm not interested in being reunited with my people.
be interested in: 对…感兴趣
我对让我们的人重聚没有兴趣。
-Benjamin: What do you mean? You told sun…
什么意思?你告诉Sun……
-Benjamin: I know what I told her, but that's not why we're going to Jacob.
我知道我告诉了她什么,但那不是我们要去找Jacob的原因。
-Benjamin: Then why are we going to Jacob?
那为什么我们要去找Jacob?
-John: So I can kill him.
因为那样我可以杀了他。
词汇解释:UnaYu 校对:Anny



评 论


