看越狱学英语第四季 2集:Breaking and Entering
[Los Angeles. California]
-Understrapper: They ran the projection you asked for, general.
understrapper: 手下,下属 projection: 预测,设想 asked for: 要求 general: 将军
他们做了您要的预测评估,将军。
-General: You’re clear. Go ahead.
go ahead: 前进,进行
可以了,说吧。
[Chicago, Illinois]
-Wyatt: There's been a complication. Burrows and Scofield have been transferred to...
complication: 困难, 难题 transfer to: 转入
有点麻烦,Burrows和Scofield已经被转到...
-General:I read the newspapers. You don't have to tell me what's in the headlines.
newspaper: 报纸 headlines: (报纸或杂志)标题
我看报纸了,用不着你再给我念头条。
-Wyatt: The exact penitentiary where they're being held is undisclosed.But you canguarantee it'll be federal. Supermax.
exact: 准确的 penitentiary: 监狱(美) held:(hold的过去分词)扣留 undisclosed: 未泄露的 guarantee: 保证 federal: 联邦的 supermax: 最高戒备的
他们被关在哪个监狱现在还不知道。但可以肯定是联邦监狱,最高戒备的……
-General: No more updates. Call me when they're dead.
updates: 补充资料,更新材料
不用再报告了,他们死了再给我打电话。
[An air station in Los Angeles]
-Don Self: Welcome to Los Angeles.
欢迎来到洛杉矶!
It turns out, men who have escaped not one, but two penitentiaries, are considered a bitof a flight risk.
turn out: 证明 escape: 逃脱 penitentiary: 拘留所 consider: 认为 a bit of: 一点
a flight risk: 逃跑风险 flight: 逃跑 risk: 风险
诸位都已经不只越狱过一次,而是两次了。为防止你们不安分
So we need to know where you are and what you're doing at all times.
at all times: 在任何时候
所以我们要时刻知道你们的一举一动。
These are GPS ankle monitors. Now step up, take one and put it on.
GPS: Global Positioning System 全球卫星定位系统 ankle: 行走 monitor: 监视器 step up: 走近 put on: 戴上
这是GPS定位器。都过来拿一个,戴上。
- Lincoln: I ain't wearing that.
ain’t=am not 不是 wear: 穿
我可不戴。
-Don Self: Let's make this clear: I'm your ally, but more importantly, I'm your boss.
make clear: 解释,弄清楚 ally: 同盟者
咱们把话说清楚: 我是与你们一伙,但更重要的是,我是你们的老板。
Which means if this fails-- it’s my ass on the line as much, if not more, than yours?
ass: 屁股 on the line: 冒极大的险
就是说如果搞砸了,得我兜着,我麻烦比你们大。
So from this point on, if I ask you to do something, you do it. If I ask you to say something,you say it.
from this point on: 从现在开始
所以,我要你们干什么,你们就乖乖照做!我让你们说什么,就乖乖地说!
And if I ask you to put on a monitor-- you put on a monitor.
我让你们把定位器带上,就痛快给我戴上!
[All people pot the monitor on and got into the car. They arrived at a building.]
-Don Self: As far as the general public is concerned, you’re being contained in a supermax facility somewhere in the United States.
as far as: 直到……为止general: 将军 public: 某一部分特定的人 concern: 关心contain: 控制 supermax facility: 最高戒备级别的监狱 facility: 设施
现在将军那里仍然以为你们都被关在国内一座最高戒备级别的监狱里。
So to avoid any messy explanations and stay off the company's radar--you need to keepyour heads down and your ears open.
messy: 麻烦的 explanation: 解释 stay off: 远离 radar: 雷达
keep one’s head down and one’s ears open 保持低调,提高警惕
所以废话少说,要避开"公司"的眼线耳目。你们得保持低调,提高警惕,
We’ve provided cell phones, clothing, and toiletries--all the basic necessities to get youup and running.
provide: 提供 toiletry 梳妆用具 necessity 必需品 basic: 基本的 up and running:运行良好地
这里有衣服、手机、化妆品以及你们行动必需品。
- Roland Glenn: Hey, uh, you-you patted these guys down before you let them in, right?
'Cause I can't be getting shanked or shivved.
pat: 【愿意为轻拍,这里pat down可以做搜身解释】 let in: 让某人进来 ‘cause=because
shank: 小腿 shiv:〈美俚〉(尤指用作武器的)刀,开门闸刀,剃刀
【这里 be getting shanked or shivved 可以解释为被人用刀捅】
因为我可不想被刀子什么的捅了。
-Lincoln: Who's this?
他是谁?
- Don Self: This is Roland Glenn. He'll be assisting you.
assist: 协助
他是Roland Glenn。他会给你们援助。
- Michael: We've already got our team.
我们已经有团队了。
-Don Self: No, Scofield, see, this is my team, and Roland's working off a sentence justlike the rest of you.
work off: 抵消, 以干活抵偿 sentence: 刑罚 rest: 剩下的
不,Scofield 这是我的团队,而且Roland将与你们一样工作。
In fact, with the amount of security that's gonna be around Scylla, Roland's expertise willbe a necessity. So, if no more questions, let's get to work on finding Scylla.
amount: 总效果 security: 安全措施 gonna=going to 将要 expertise: 专业技术 necessity: 必要的东西 work on 致力于
实际上,从锡拉名单周围密布的安全措施看,Roland的专业技术是必须的。如果没问题的话,加紧干吧,找到锡拉名单。
-Michael: What about that second step? What about the break-in?
step: 步骤 break-in: 闯入
然后怎么办?要怎么潜入?
-Don Self: You let me worry about step two, okay? You just worry about finding Scylla.
worry about: 担心 okay=OK
那是我的事,你只管找锡拉名单
-Mahone: I've got an idea where to start.
我有主意了。
-Don Self: That's excellent, Alexander. See, there's a man who's thinking. All right, let's letthese men get to work. Good luck, to all of us.
excellent: 极好的
好极了,Alexander。看看,还是有人会动脑的好,开始干吧,祝咱们所有人好运!
-Roland: Yeah, since I was here first I think I'll just go ahead and grab that S.S. Bedroom,if that's cool.
go head: 去 grab: 抢占 S.S. Bedroom: 高级卧室 if that’s cool: 如果没意见的话
既然我是第一个到的,如果大家没有意见,那个最舒服的房间就归我了。
-Michael: Sara.
Sara。
-Sara: yeah?
什么?
-Michael: You take the bunk.
bunk: 铺位
你睡下铺
-Lincoln: You know, when this is, when this is all done-- you and me, we're gonna settleup.
settle up: 了结某事 gonna: <美> 将要(=going to)
你清楚,这一切结束后,我们会做个了结的。
-Michael: All right, obviously, there's a lot of history in this room. That’s a given.
obviously: 明显地 history : 历史恩怨 That’s a given: 这是肯定的
好吧,这间屋里的人过节都不少。这是肯定的。
But it we're gonna pull this off, it's gonna take all of us.
但如果还互相耿耿于怀,会把我们都拖下水的。
We got to work together. So if anyone has a problem, get it out now. You want to clear theair with someone...now's the time.
clear the air with sb. : 和某人做个了结
我们得同心协力,如果谁还做不到,就现在解决要和谁去算旧账...就趁现在吧。
All right. Let's get to work.
好,开始干吧!
-Mahone: Whistler's assignment was to drop off this, this, this data card--Th-this 'Scylla' to a company executive.
assignment: 任务 drop off: 传送 data card: 数据卡 executive: 主管
Whistler的任务就是把这张数据卡就是'锡拉名单' 传给公司高层。
Someone he referred to as "the cardholder.” And his job was to-to protect it. To... keep itsafe. Now, I didn't see who he was, but I got a look at his driver.
refer to: 暗指 cardholder: 持卡人protect: 保护
他把那些人叫"持卡人"。他的工作就是看好这张卡,保卫它的安全。我不知道他是谁,但我见过他的司机。
-Lincoln: His driver? You want to sketch this guy's face and match it up to 10 millionpeople in Los Angeles? Well, that's just great.
sketch: 素描 match up: 使…吻合起来
他的司机?你要画一幅他的画像,然后从洛城的1千万人里把他找出来?
-Mahone: I saw more than just the guy's face.
我不只知道他长什么样
All the drivers were hanging around, talking shop, but this guy, he was standing byhimself.
hang around: 四处走动
其他司机们都在四处鬼混,谈论自己的事情,但这家伙和他寸步不离。
Legs apart, hands behind his back, at rest-- he's former military.
legs apart: 两腿分开 former military : 退伍军人 military: 军人
两腿分立,双手背后,他在稍息,他是个退伍兵。
His car rides a little lower than the rest of 'em.
‘em=them
他的车要比其他车低些。
Probably signifies private security.
signify: 意味着 private: 私人的 security: 安全
可能意味着这是最高保卫级别。
Weighed down by bulletproof siding.
weigh: 重压 bulletproof: 防弹的 siding: 板壁
车体被防弹护板压低了。
His suit, his suit--you don't buy a suit like that on a cop's salary or pulling weekend gigs as a driver.
suit: 西服 cop: 司机 cop: 警察 salary: 工资 pull weekend gig: 周末兼职 gig: 临时性工作
至于他的西装,一个警察或周末兼职的司机,是绝对买不起的。
That means he's full-time. He's highly paid.
full-time: 全职
这说明他是专职,而且薪水丰厚。
You ask our friend Mr. Self to run tax records on the 45- to 55-year-old white males in LosAngeles drawing a military pension,
run: 调查 tax record: 缴税记录 male: 男性 pension: 养老金,退休金
让你的朋友Self先生查查洛杉矶所有45-55岁的领退伍金的人的缴税记录,
and taking six figures from a private security company,
six figures: 六位数
而且又在私人保安公司,领着六位数的薪水。
And you narrow your field from 10 million till about 50.And then I can pick the guy outfrom there. Find the driver, you find the cardholder.
narrow: 缩小 field: 范围 pick out: 挑出 cardholder: 持卡人
大概就可以,把范围从1千万人缩小到50人,我就能把他认出来找到这个司机,就找到了"持卡人"。
[MEXICAN DESERT 60...]
-Sancho: We haven't eaten or drank anything for days. Oh, I don't want to die out here.
die out: 死亡
我们几天都没吃没喝了,哦,我可不想死在这儿。
-T-bag: We ain't gonna die, Sancho. We ain't gonna die.
ain’t=are not gonna=going to
我们不会死的,胖子。我们不会死的……
-Sancho: Okay.
好吧。
-T-bag: We just gotta find what's called a compass cactus.
gotta=going to compass: 罗盘 cactus: 仙人掌
我们只需找到那种所谓"罗盘仙人掌",
Due to the fact it always leans toward the south.
due to: 由于 lean: 倾斜
那东西总是朝南长,
Inside there's delicious fruit,what’ll fill our bellies.
delicious: 美味的 belly: 肚子,腹部
里边生有美味的果实,可以填饱肚子。
Plus, we find out which way is south, we're gonna find out which way is north.Omprende?
plus: 并且 omprende: (美俚)懂了吗
再说,找到了南,就找到北了,懂吗?
Tell you what. Why don't we, uh, rest here for a while, huh?Travel at night when it'scooler.
for a while: 一会儿
我说,咱们干嘛不在这儿歇会儿? 等夜里凉快点再走
-Sancho: That sounds good. What are we gonna do when we get there? To San Diego.
听起来不错。我们到了那里之后干吗,去圣迭戈?
-T-bag: You mean after Michael pays for the vile he's transgressed upon me? I’m stilltrying to figure that out.
pay for: 补偿 vile: 可恶的行径 transgress: 做坏事 figure out: 指明
你是指Michael为他,对我的所作所为付出代价之后?我还在努力想解决方法……
-Mahone:Nice to work with homeland. The FBI would take days to gather this Intel.
homeland: 祖国【这里也可借指情报局】 FBI: the Federal Bureau of Investigation(美国)联邦调查局 gather: 收集 intel: (军非正式)军事情报,情报
为安全局工作的感觉真好!联邦调查局要花几天,才能收集到这些信息。
-Roland:Well, the FBI should ‘a hired me 'cause I could've gotten whatever info youwanted in 25 minutes tops.
should’a=should 【后面的a只是语气词】 hire: 雇佣 ‘cause=because could’ve=could have whatever: 任何东西 info=information 信息 in 25 minutes tops: 最多25分钟
FBI应该雇我,我能在25分钟内,得到你想得到的任何信息。
- Sucre: You some kind of hacker?
hacker: 黑客
你是黑客?
-Roland: I design silicon lithography for personal gain.
design: 设计,发明 silicon: 硅 lithography: 平版印刷技术 personal: 私人的
gain: 利益
芯片蚀刻技术是我发明的,为谋取私利。
-Michael: He's an identity thief.
identity: 身份 thief: 小偷
他是有案底的小偷。
-Lincoln: He's a douche. Hey, why don't you sit in the corner and we'll get you when weneed you.
douche: 多嘴的家伙corner: 角落
他是个傻鸟。嗨!你为什么不坐到角落去,我们需要你时会叫你的。
-Mahone: This is him. That's the driver. Now what?
【这里what后面省略了一些词,全文应该是what shall we do,接下来该怎么办】
这就是他,那个司机。现在怎么样?
-Michael: Well, he takes us to the cardholder, and the cardholder takes us to Scylla.
cardholder: 持卡人
他带我们去找持卡人,持卡人会带我们去找锡拉名单。
-Mahone: You could have left me there, in jail.
jail: 监狱
你本可以把我丢在那儿的,监狱里。
-Michael: Could have or should have?
本可以还是本应该?
-Mahone: Maybe both.
也许两者都是
-Michael: Are you thanking me, Alex?
那你在感谢我么,Alex?
-Mahone: I don't know.
我不知道。
-Michael:Don't bother. You're here because we needed you. Not because we wantedyou.
bother: 受困扰
别纠结了,你在这儿是因为我们需要你,而不是因为我们想你来。
-Michael: What's that, private security? It’s like a fortress. Slow down. Slow down.
private: 私人的 security: 保安 fortress: 堡垒 slow down: 放慢速度
那是什么?私家保安?这儿象座堡垒。放慢速度,放慢……
-Lincoln: This thing we gotta get, it's in there?
gotta: <美俚> (=have got to) 必须
我们要找的东西是在这里面么?
-Michael: Motion sensors, alarm systems, armed guards.
motion sensor: 运动感应器 alarm system: 警报系统 armed: 全副武装的 guard: 守卫
运动感应器,警报系统,全副武装的警卫……
-Mahone: In and out of that place without anybody knowing.
进出那个地方而不被任何人所知。
-Lincoln:You better have one hell of a plan, Michael.
one hell of a plan: 极好的 hell: 地狱
你最好有个万全计划,Michael。
-Bellick: So, basically, there's no freaking way to break in to the place.
basically: 基本上 freak: 奇异的 break in: 闯进
基本上是根本进不去的。
-Michael: Not quickly. Not without being seen.
quickly: 快
要又快又隐蔽是不可能。
-Bellick: What about the neighbors, uh, somewhere we can be staged from, you know, gounder and up?
neighbor: 邻居 somewhere: 某些地方 stage: 逐渐实现
那些邻居什么的,找一家挖地道上去?
-Michael: Closest neighbor is here, across the street. And even that would take weeks.
closest: 最近的 across: 穿过
最近的邻居在这里,街对面,而且即使那样也要耗上好几周。
-Mahone: The government's story about us being held in a supermax will only last solong.
story: 讲述 supermax : 高级戒备区 government: 政府
政府说我们被关在高级戒备区,这消息也只能撑那么久。
-Bellick: What does that mean? I mean, then what if somebody finds out we're not.
find out: 发现
什么意思?那有人发现我们不是的话怎么办?
-Lincoln:What if we don't have to be in the house?If the card-- this Scylla-- is soimportant,maybe the guy is carrying it on him.
have to: 不得不 important: 重要的 maybe: 可能
如果我们不必在房间里待着又如何?如果这卡,这个锡拉名单,是如此重要,也许这个家伙把它随身携带。
-Sara: Well, according to public records, the owner of the estate's name is Stuart Tuxhorn,
and he's a CEO of a company called Spectroleum.
according to: 根据 record: 记录 estate: 房产 CEO: Chief Executive Officer 执行总裁, 首席执行官
根据公共记录,这个房产的户名叫Stuart Tuxhorn。他是一个名叫Spectroleum公司的CEO。
-Mahone: Heavy hitter like that's gonna have security 24-7.
hitter: 成功人士 security: 保安
这种重量级人物,肯定有24小时的贴身保安。
-Sara: And we gotta get this thing without anyone knowing it's gone, right?
So even if he's got it on him, how do we get it off him?
gotta=have got to 必须 get off 拿下
我们要得到这东西,但不能让人发现它不见了,对吗?所以即使他随身携带,我们怎么拿到手?
-Roland: You don't steal the card. You copy it. Oh, now you're interested in what I gottasay, right?
steal: 偷 copy 拷贝 be interested in 对…感兴趣
你不用偷,拷贝就行了。现在你们想听我说话了对吧?
-Sucre: Copying it will make it harder. Not only do you have to steal it, you have to return it,genius.
return: 归还 genius: 天才【这里有讽刺的意味】
拷贝会让事情更复杂,不仅你要偷到手,还要还回去,天才。
-Roland:Only if you don't got me, hombre.
only if: 要是没有…的话 hombre: 男人
那是你们没有我的帮助的话,男人。
-Lincoln: What's that?
那是什么?
-Roland: This is the reason I got busted.
reason: 原因 bust: 逮捕
这就是我被逮捕的原因。
-Bellick: Oh, you stole the cell phone?
cell phone: 手机
哦,你偷了这部手机?
-Roland: Oh, yeah, yeah, no, I'm lookin' at federal time 'cause I stole a cell phone--seriously?
lookin’=looking federal: 联邦的 seriously: 动真格地
是啊,我要被判长期监禁,就因为偷了部手机。真的呀?
I invented this so that I don't have to steal. It looks like a cell phone but it's really like adigital black hole.
invent: 发明 digital: 数码的 black hole: 黑洞
我发明了这个东西,所以我不必去偷。它看上去象手机,但实际上它是一个数码黑洞无线硬驱。
Wireless hard drive that swallows up any electronic data within ten feet of it.
wireless: 用无线电波传送的 hard drive: 硬盘机 swallow: 吞噬 electronic: 电子的
data: 数据 within: 在……内 feet:英尺
可吞噬任何离它十英尺内的电子数据。
-Michael: Like what?
比如?
-Roland: Like the account info of anyone at Starbucks with a latte and a laptop.
account: 账户 Starbucks: 星巴克【星巴克咖啡公司成立于1971年,是世界领先的特种咖啡的零售商,烘焙者和星巴克品牌拥有者。】 latte: 拿铁咖啡 laptop: 笔记本
比如任意一个在星巴克,喝拿铁敲本本的人的帐户信息。
Like the pin number of any credit card used at a gas pump.
pin number: 密钥 credit card: 信用卡 gas: 加油 pump: 汽油加油泵
比如在加油站刷过的任何信用卡的密钥。
I can walk out of here and get the identities and financial statements of ten people in tenminutes, on a slow day, with one hand on my junk.
identity: 身份证明 financial: 财政上的 statement: 结算单,报表 slow: 轻松的
junk: 破烂物
我可以走出这里,在十分钟内拿到,十个人的身份证和财务决算。在一个悠闲的日子里,一只手拿着一副舢板。
-Michael: And the information embedded in Scylla?
embedded: 内含的
包括锡拉名单里的信息?
-Roland: If we can get close enough...it's ours.
如果我们能离得足够近的话...它就是我们的了。
-General: Is this number... acceptable to you?
acceptable: 能接受的
这个数字...,对你来说是可以接受的吗?
-Stuart: 10,000 people? Yes.
一万人? 可以。
-General: Good. Now that you're on board, we can issue the op-order today.
on board: 合作的 issue: 发布 op-order: 操作指令
很好。现在你和我在一条船上了,我们可以在今天发布操作指令了。
-Sucre: He's on his way.
他来了……
-Michael: All right, hold on. Sara, it's me.
hold on: 稍等
好的,等等……Sara,是我。
-Sara: Everybody's on.
所有人准备。
-Roland: Now, while I'm monitoring the device, I’m not gonna be able to see exactly whatdata's being copied.
monitor: 监听 device: 设备 gonna: <美> 将要(=going to) exactly: 具体的 be able to 有能力
我操作这个设备时看不到具体是什么数据被拷贝,
But, like downloading quality porn from the internet, progress bar's gonna tell me whenit's time to rock and roll.
download: 下载 quality: 高质量的 porn: 色情作品 progress: 进程 bar: 条
rock: 摇滚 roll: 摇摆
但是,就像从网上下载高清色情片进度条可以告诉我,什么时候该庆祝狂欢。
-Mahone: How long do they need to stay in range?
range: 范围之内
他们需要在指定范围内待多久?
-Roland: Encrypted data like this is gonna take at least two minutes.
encrypt: 加密 at least: 最少
像这样编码的数据至少要待上两分钟。
-Lincoln: Here he comes.
他来了。
-Michael: Sucre, you're on.
Sucre,该你上了。
-Bellick: Good luck!
祝你好运!
-The guard: Easy. Sir, would you mind stepping away from the vehicle?
mind: 介意 step: 离开 away from 远离 vehicle: 车辆
别发火,先生。你介意离这辆车远一点吗?
-Michael: Talk to me, Roland.
和我说话,Roland。
-Roland: I got nothing, man. Last time I had this little action, I was dry humping my waythrough fifth grade.
action: 行动 dry: 变干 hump: 【美国俚语、粗俗语】性交 fifth grade: 五年级
我上次干这个,是在五年级靠自摸过日子的时候。
-The guard: Calm down. Sir... sir...step away from the vehicle!
calm down 冷静
冷静一下,先生……先生……请离这车远点!
-Sucre: Okay, bro, just relax-- we don't have to get all excited
bro=brother relax: 放松一点 get excited: 变得激动
别介,兄弟,放松点,我们不必要激动到这个份儿上。
-The guard: You speak English now.
你现在开始说英语了。
-Sucre: Only a little, but, uh...
只会一点点,但是,呃……
-Michael: How about now?
现在怎么样了?
-Roland: Nada.
nada=nothing
什么都没有。
-Mahone: Try to get closer to them.
再试着靠近他们一点。
-Michael: If he was any closer, he'd be in the car.
如果他再靠近一点,他就在车里了。
-The guard: I get your little act, Pedro. Hit the brakes, let the rich guy pay for damage youdon't intend to fix.
little act: 小把戏 pedro: 彼得牌戏(一种纸牌戏)【这里指混混】 hit: 碰撞 brake: 刹车 pay for: 赔偿 damage: 损失 intend: 打算 fix: 修理
我知道你的小把戏了,混混。踩刹车,让富人给你的损失买单,这样你就不用花钱去修理了。
-Tuxhorn: Just give the man some money so we can leave.
给那个人一些钱,快走吧。
-The guard: Congratulations.
恭喜你!
-Michael: He was there-- I think Tuxhorn was in the car. So did we get it or not?
他在那儿,我想Tuxhorn应该在车里,我们得到了数据没有?
-Sara: nope,nothing.
nope=nothing
什么都没有……
-Jasper: Can I help you? So how did you find me?
我能帮什么忙吗?你是怎么找到我的?
-Don: I never lost you. The, uh, the new nose threw me a bit, but...
throw: 震撼 a bit: 有点
我从来没有跟丢过你。那个,呃,你的新鼻子把我雷到了,但是……
-Jasper: What do you want, Don? I got customers.
customer: 顾客
你到底想要什么,Don?我还有顾客等着呢。
-Don: Look, back in the days, when you worked with the company...
work with: 合作
听着,以前你和公司同流合污的时候...
-Jasper: Well, for the company. I did economic forecasts of their operations. I mean, I wasn't one of the guys...
economic: 经济上的 forecast: 预测 operation: 运作
是为公司效力。我只是对他们的行动进行经济预测。我是说,我不是那些人...
-Don: But you had access.
access: 通信证
但是你有通信证。
-Jasper: Come on-- the last time I helped you, the only thing I got out of it was plasticsurgery and a $100,000 pay cut.
come on: 得了吧 plastic: 整形的 surgery: 外科手术 cut: 减少
得了吧上次我帮助你,我的下场就是整形手术,薪水少了10万块。
You know, so either you buy one of these exceptional family cars, with above averagegas mileage, or you leave me the hell alone.
exceptional: 特殊的 average: 平均 gas: 汽油 mileage: 里程 the hell: 【表示惊讶、不满、厌恶等】见鬼,混蛋
所以,要么你买一辆大马力的顶级豪华车,要么你就滚蛋。
-Don: I know about Scylla. And I'm going after it.
go after: 追查
我知道Scylla,并且我正在追查。
-Jasper: You know, I knew you were crazy. I didn't know you were stupid, too.
crazy: 疯狂的 stupid: 愚蠢的
我知道你是个疯子,我不知道你还很傻。
-Don: Well, let's just say I was able to get my hands on it. It’s my understanding that Scyllacould only be used if it's plugged into a decoder box that's hidden in one of the company facilities. Am I right?
understanding 理解 plug into: 插进 plug: 插入 decoder: 解码器 hid: 隐藏 facility: 设备
我只能说我有能力插手这件事。我是这样理解的,锡拉只有被插进解码器里才有用,而这个解码器就在公司里,对吗?
-Jasper: You know, I wish I could help, but I can’t.
你知道吗,我真的想帮忙,但是我不能……
-Don: No, you are helping, Jasper. Just a matter of whether you do it before or after Ishame you in front of your coworkers here.
a matter of: 关于…的问题 whether: 是否 shame: 羞辱 coworker: 同事
不,你正在帮忙,Jasper。问题在于,是在我在你同事面前揭穿你之前或者之后,
Tell me where the company keeps the box, Jasper.
告诉我解码器在哪,Jasper。
-Jasper: Could be anywhere; I don't know.
可能在任何地方,我不知道。
-Don: Somebody does. Right? Somebody that you might have access to.
access to: 接近
有人知道,不是吗? 那些你能联系到的人。
-Jasper: You know, if you go down this road, your government job won't protect you.
go down: 继续 protect: 保护
听着,如果你继续查下去,你的政府工作也保护不了你了。
-Don: Then I better not get caught, right?
那我就得注意别被逮到了?
-Sancho: If I don't find something to eat soon, I don't know what I'm gonna do.
We're not gonna make it.
gonna: <美> 将要(=going to)
如果我再不吃东西,我就不知道我要干什么了,我们死定了。
-T-bag: No, we got to, we got to just keep talking, Sancho.
不,我们现在要继续说话,胖子。
Keep our brains focused on something other than our empty bellies and our dry mouths,okay?
brain: 大脑 focus on: 集中 empty: 空的 belly: 腹部 mouth: 嘴巴
让我们的注意力集中在别处,而不是我们的空肚子和嘴巴,好吗?
Come on. Let's start with, uh, your-your favorite color. Hell you doing?
favorite: 最喜欢的
来吧,从你最喜欢的颜色开始说起……你要干什么?
-Sancho: I'm hungry, Teddy. Why should the both of us die out here when one of us couldhelp the other one survive?
hungry: 饿了 die out: 死亡 survive: 存活下来
我饿了,泰迪。既然我们其中一个可以救另一个,为什么两个都要死?
-T-bag: You don't want to do this. Please.
别这么做……
-Sancho: I'll make it quick. I promise!
promise: 保证
我会很快的,我保证!
-T-bag:Sancho. Sancho! Why'd you have to go and do something so...?
Sancho,Sancho!为什么你要...
-Lincoln: So Tuxhorn doesn't keep the card on him. It must be in there. Look, there's noway we're getting in that house without being seen.
Tuxhorn没把卡带在身上,肯定是在里面了。听着,我们不可能进那间房子不被察觉。
-Michael: I know.
我知道。
-Lincoln: Well, if the card's in there, how we gonna copy it?
如果卡在里面我们怎么复制?
-Michael: We're not. She’s gonna do it for us. What you reading?
我们不复制,她会帮我们做。你在看什么?
-Sara: All that avails is flight." hat's homer. Hat’s from the Odyssey.
avail: 利益 flight: 飞行 homer: 荷马的 hat’s= that is
“没法打败她有力量可以征服她",只能逃之夭夭" 是希腊诗人荷马说的,《奥德赛》里面的句子。
-Michael: Is this from my father's folder?
folder: 抽屉
在我爸爸抽屉里找到的?
-Sara: Yeah. And it explains why Scylla sounded so familiar.
explain: 解释 sound: 听起来 familiar: 熟悉的
是的,难怪Scylla听起来这么耳熟。
If I'm not mistaken, it's from that chapter in the book where Odysseus is told he has toconfront a monster known as Scylla.
mistake: 错误 chapter: 章节 confront: 面对 monster: 恶魔
如果没错的话 Scylla出自书中章节,奥德修斯被告知要和一个叫Scylla的怪物决斗。
-Michael:Wonder why he wrote this down.
wonder: 奇怪 write down: 写下
他为什么要写这些?
-Sara: I could be wrong, but I believe Odysseus is told that in order to continue on his path,to pass Scylla, it'll require the sacrifice of six of his men.
believe: 相信 in order to: 为了 continue: 继续 path: 征途 pass: 击败 require: 要求 sacrifice: 牺牲
也许我猜错了,但是我认为奥德修斯被告知要打败Scylla 他就要牺牲六个人,
His only other alternative is to abandon his path. And he chooses to make the sacrifice.
alternative: 选择 abandon: 放弃 path: 路径 choose: 选择
他的唯一选择就是放弃决斗,但是他选择牺牲。
-Michael:Well, that's a hell of a choice. One I'm not sure I'm comfortable making. Sara,um, about tomorrow-- the plan, the housekeeper... if you're not up to it...
a hell of: 恶劣的 choice: 选择 comfortable: 合适的 housekeeper: 女管家 be up to: 参加
真是要命的选择啊!一个我不想做出的选择。Sara,有关明天...,那个计划,那个看门的...
如果你不想去...
-Sara:No, no, I am.
不,不,我想去。
[CHICAGO, ILLINOIS]
-Wyatt: Tell me, is Claudia Mauricio a good roommate? A good person? I hope she feelsthe same about you.
roommate: 室友
告诉我,Claudia Mauricio这个室友怎么样?好人?我希望她也这么看你……
-Claudia: Oh, Shelby, you wouldn't believe the traffic on the...
traffic: 交通
Shelby,你没看见街上的车堵得...
-Wyatt: You'll want to be quiet now, Claudia.
quite: 安静
安静点,Claudia。
There are levels of clearance at the department of corrections that are simply notavailable, even for friends as connected as mine.
level: 级别 clearance: 参与机密工作的许可 department: 部门 correction: 改造所 simply: 仅仅 available: 可利用的 connected:有关系的
教管所有些人员的安全等级实在太高了,即使我那些关系网众多的朋友也搞不到信息。
So, listen carefully, if you even remotely value your friend's life.
carefully: 仔细地 remotely: 极小地
仔细听好了,如果你有一点点在乎你朋友的性命
You're going to use your security code to access the records for prisoner transfers andtell me where they sent Michael Scofield and Lincoln Burrows.
security: 安全 code: 密码 access: 进入 record: 记录 prisoner: 犯人 transfer: 转移
你就用你的安全等级获取罪犯转狱的记录,然后告诉我他们把,Michael Scofield和Lincoln Burrows送哪了。
-Sara: Can I take that for you?
我帮你拿?
-Charwoman: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Sara: Sure.That's a great bag. Can I ask you where you got it?
不客气。包不错啊!我可以知道你是从哪买的吗?
-Charwoman:It was a gift from my boss, so I don't really know; sorry.
gift: 礼物 boss: 老板 really: 实在
是我老板给我的,我真的不知道,不好意思。
-Sara: Sure.
没事。
-Charwoman: Thanks.
谢谢!
-Sara: There you go. I, uh... I can never find a good bag. I'm a teacher, and I have booksand grading materials and...
grade: 评分 material: 材料 invest: 发明 wagon: 房车
给你。我...我就是买不到好包,我是个老师,有好多书和评分材料啊…
I should probably go ahead and just invest in a wagon one of these days.
probably: 大概 go ahead: 进行 invest: 买 wagon: 手推车
我真该去买辆房车。
-Charwoman: Yeah, that's why I love this bag. It has so many pockets.
pocket: 袋子
是的,所以我特别喜欢这个包,小口袋很多。
-Sara: Do you mind if I take a look?
mind: 介意
你介意我看一下吗?
-Charwoman: Oh, no.
噢,不介意。
-Sara: Thanks.
谢谢。
-T-bag: Ah, thank god, thank god.
啊,天哪,天哪。
-Travelers: You all right, mister?
mister: 先生
你还好吧,先生?
-T-bag: Yeah, my damn truck blew a gasket a few miles back. I've been, uh, hoofing itever since.
damn: 该死的 truck: 卡车,货车 blow a gasket: 漏油 mile: 英里 hoof: 步行
没事,我的卡车在几里以外漏油了。我一直步行到这。
-Travelers: Where you headed?
head: 前往
你上哪?
-T-bag: San Diego.
圣迭戈。
-Travelers: Hell, we can give you a ride, if you'd like. Hey, what's wrong, man? Eat somebad Mexican?
ride: 便车 Mexican: 墨西哥菜
我们可以载你一程,如果你愿意的话。嘿,哥们儿,怎么了?墨西哥菜吃坏肚子了?
-T-bag: Something like that.
差不多。
-Lincoln: Same as yesterday, right on schedule. I hope to hell she's still got that thing inher purse.
schedule: 日程表 hope: 希望 purse: 包
和昨天一样,准时下班。最好那东西还在她包里。
-Charwoman: Tuxhorn residence.
residence: 住所
Tuxhorn住所
-Michael: Hello, I'm from the alarm company. We've been receiving some, uh, strangesignals from your property.
receive: 收到 signal: 信号 property: 房子
你好!我是警报器公司的,我们这里收到了一些,来自您府上的异常信号
We'd like you to check the windows, please. Make sure all the contacts are still active.
check: 检查 contact: 连线 active: 运作的
你好!我是警报器公司的,我们这里收到了一些,来自您府上的异常信号请您检查一下窗户确认一下接触是否正常。
-Charwoman: All the windows?
所有窗户吗?
-Michael: Yes, ma'am. Every room in the house.
是的,女士,府内每一间房的窗户。
-Charwoman: Okay, hold on.
hold on: 等一等
好的,稍等。
-Michael: Does she still have the bag?
她仍然拿着袋子吗?
-Lincoln: Yeah.
是的。
-Roland: She's got it. I’m picking up all kinds of gak from the house, man.
pick up: 收集 gak: 数码产品
她还带着那个,我正在收集屋内所有,数码产品的信号。
Small stuff, maybe a digital camera, an mp3 player. Nothing of the size of what we'relooking for, though.
stuff: 材料 digital: 数码的 camera: 相机 player: 播放机 size: 规格
各种小东西,也许是数码相机,或者是MP3播放器。目前还没找到我们,要找的那么大的东西。
-Lincoln: Keep her moving.
让她移动。
-Michael: So far, so good, ma'am. Uh, please move on to the next room. How we doing?
so far: 目前为止
到目前为止一切正常,女士,请您到下一个房间。怎么样了?
-Roland: Still don't have it.
还没有信号。
-Lincoln:If the card's in there, it'd be in some kind of...a safe. Office.
card: 卡 safe: 安全的 office: 办公室
如果那卡真在房里,就应该被放在...一个安全的...有保护的办公室里。
-Michael: Ma'am, our system is showing that thealfunction is coming from a room that's designated as, uh, an office or a den.
system: 系统 thealfunction: 信号 designated: 指定的 den: 密室
女士我们的系统显示讯号来自…一间设计为办公室或密室的房间中
-Charwoman: You mean the library? Mister doesn't like me going in there.
library: 书房
你是说书房吗?先生不是很喜欢我到那里去。
-Michael: Well, I think he'd like it even less if you went home without properly setting thealarm first, don't you think?
properly: 正确地 set: 放置
如果他知道你没有把报警器设置好就先回家了,他会更不高兴的,对吧?
-Charwoman: All right, I'll check.
check: 检查
好吧,我去看看。
-Roland: We got something.
找到了。
-Lincoln: The card?
是卡吗?
-Roland: Oh, yeah. File's so big it can't be anything else. Now you just gotta keep herthere for two minutes while it finishes the burn.
file: 文件 anything else: 任何其他的东西 finish: 完成 burn: 复制
没错,文件量很大,不可能是别的东西。现在,让她在房里待够两分钟,就可以完成复制了。
-Lincoln: Stall her, we need two minutes.
stall: 拖住
拖住她,需要两分钟。
-Michael: Ma'am, I think we found the source of our problem--if you could just stay at thatparticular window and hold it closed while we reset the system that should do it. Talk tome, Roland.
source: 源头 problem: 问题 particular: 特殊的 reset: 重启
女士,看来我们找到问题所在了...如果您可以站在那扇窗户前...紧紧推住它,我们要重新启动系统,就可以解决这个问题了。怎么样了 Roland?
-Roland: It's almost there, almost, almost. Come on, come on, come on, come on. Come on. Come on, come on, come on, come on. Come on. Come on. Got it.
就快好了,就快了,快点,快点,快点,快点,快点,快点...快点儿!搞定!
-Lincoln: Got it。
搞定了。
-Michael: All right, ma'am, thank you so much for your help.
好了,女士,非常感谢您的帮助!
-Lincoln:All we need to do now, man, is just...whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, she's headingback inside.
inside: 里面
现在我们只需要...喂喂喂她又进去了...
-Michael:What for?
为什么?
-Lincoln: I don't know. Oh, no. No, we're good. She's out.
不知道,不会吧...好,没事了,她出来了。
-Mahone: Hey, stop it! Wait here. I actually had to slow down not to catch you.
actually: 实际上 slow down: 减速 catch: 抓住
嘿,站住!在这等着,我要不是故意跑慢点儿,就差点儿追上你了。
-Bellick: I think I pulled a groin.
pull: 拉 groin: 腹沟股
我腹股沟好像拉伤了...
-Mahone: It's not in the bag. It's not here.
包里没有,不在了。
-Bellick: How could it not be in here?
怎么可能不在包里?
-Mahone: The device, it's not here-- give me it. Son of a bitch.
device: 设备 bitch: 妓女【son of bitch 是一句骂人的话,相当于狗娘养的,语气词】
那装置不在这里,快给我。真见鬼!
-Wyatt: Twenty-six...Twenty-seven...Twenty-eight
26...27... 28...
-Operator: Go ahead.
说。
-Wyatt: Before Burrows and Scofield were allegedly transferred to Arlington, someoneposted their bail. I need to know who.
allegedly: 依其申述 transfer to: 转入 post: 支付 bail: 保释金
Burrows和Scofield被转到阿林顿之前有人把他们保释出去了。查查是谁干的。
-Operator: I'm showing a Bruce Bennett, former aid to governor Frank Tancredi.
former :前任的 aid: 助手 governor: 州长
是Bruce Bennett,Frank Tancredi州长的前助理。
-Sucre: You think it fell out?
fall out: 掉出去
你觉得是掉出去了?
-Bellick: We looked everywhere.
我们全都找遍了。
-Lincoln: You think we got the thing copied?
那我们把资料拷贝到了吗?
-Roland: Like I said, I can't read the content without downloading the device, but...unlessthis Tuxhorn’s got, like, a 50,000-hour TiVo, then, yeah, I think we got it.
content: 内容 download: 下载 device: 设备 unless: 除非 TiVo: 电视录像
我说了,下载不到设备的话,是读不出文件内容的。不过...除非Tuxhorn的人有容量能装5万小时时长的录像机。至少我们已经拷贝上了。
-Mahone:Doesn't matter if we got it if we can't find it.
matter: 有关系
就算拷贝上了,没到我们手里也白搭。
-Sucre: Where the hell is it?
the hell: 到底,究竟
到底丢哪儿了?
-Michael: It's still inside the house. That's why the maid went back inside. She must havefound it, assumed it belonged to her boss, and then she left it behind.
still: 仍然 maid: 女佣 assume: 猜想 belong: 属于 leave behind: 留下
还在那房子里,所以女佣才又回去了一次,她看到了那东西,以为是她主人的,所以就把那东西放回去了。
-Roland: Well, then guess what, fellas, it's game over. You know how many months it tookme to make that thing, Michael?
guess: 猜想 fella=fellow 伙计
好,这下玩完了。你以为那东西才花我几个月的时间而已吗,Michael?
What, you just think I can whip up another e in a couple seconds?
whip up: 快速做完 whip: 驱使 couple: 数个
你以为我能一眨眼,再给你变出来一个?
-Mahone: Losing it is not the problem. If they find it, that's the problem.
丢了那东西还不算麻烦,要让他们发现了,才是真麻烦。
-Lincoln:If they find out someone was after that card, we're done
after: 查找 done: 玩完
要是他们发现我们正找这卡,我们就彻底玩完了。
-Bellick: What do you mean, done? What does that mean? Does that mean we're gonnago back to prison? Are they gonna kill us? What the hell does that mean?
prison: 监狱 gonna=going to the hell: 到底
什么叫玩完了? 什么意思?我们又会被扔到监狱里?他们会杀了我们?到底是什么意思?
-Michael: It means we're going in to get it. Maybe if we had a few days, we could figureout a way to pull this off, but I gather we don't have that kind of time.
figure out: 找出 pull off: 胜利完成 gather: 推测
意思是,我们必须进屋把它拿回来。要是再给我们几天也许能有办法,把那东西取出来。不过,我估计也没多余的时间吧。
-Don: Yeah, you gather right.
gather: 推断
没错,你估计对了。
-Michael: Look, if you want us to get that device out of there, you gotta throw us a bone,give us some extra help.
throw: 扔 bone: 小恩小惠 extra: 额外的
你要是想让我们把设备取出来,必须给我们点儿帮助额外的帮助。
-Don: What you're asking for requires involving additional people, which, given the covertnature of this operation, I cannot do.
ask for: 要求 require: 要求 involve: 涉及到 additional: 额外的 covert: 秘密的 nature: 性质 operation: 行动
你的要求需要增加人手,考虑到这任务的秘密性,我不能这么做。
-Michael: Then you're asking for the impossible.
impossible: 不可能的事
那你就是要求我们做不可能的任务了。
-Don: No, what I'm asking for is competence, okay? I'm not the one who put the entiremission in the hands of a damn maid.
competence: 能力 entire: 全部的 mission: 任务
不,我的要求完全在能力范围之内,不是我把任务的成败押在,一个该死的女佣身上的。Look, if the company finds that copy of Scylla before we do, that's it, Michael, that's ballgame.
ball game: 情况,形势
听着,要是让公司抢先,拿到锡拉名单的备份。那就没戏了,Michael。
They're gonna find out who was behind it, and they're going to ghost us. All of us. Areyou okay?
gonna: 美> 将要(=going to) ghost: 谋杀
他们定会追查主谋,而且一定会把我们全都宰了,一个不留…你没事吧?
-Michael: Yeah. I'm fine.
是的,我很好。
-Don: Look, I didn't choose you to do this because I had you in custody. I chose you to dothis because I believed you could pull it off.
choose: 选择 custody: 拘禁 pull off: 完成,赢得
听着,我不是因为你被捕了才找你办这事的,是因为我相信你有这个能力。
-Michael: Yeah, well, a lot of people have believed in me in the last few months, agent self.Not all of them are alive today.
believe in: 信任 agent:探员 alive: 活着的
Self探员,过去几个月里,有不少人相信了我,可如今活着的没几个了。
-Don: Can you get me back the device or not?
get back: 拿回
你能不能给我拿回那设备?
-Lincoln: All right, this is what we got. The housekeeper saw the device as she wasleaving the house. Then she disappears back inside for 15 seconds.
housekeeper: 管家 disappear: 消失
目前的状况是这样的,管家出门时看到了那设备,之后她进去了15秒钟。
-Sara: So, we know, wherever it is, it's somewhere close to the door.
wherever: 无论哪里
所以,这东西估计就放在离门不远处。
-Lincoln: So, 15 seconds, that's all we have to buy ourselves.
buy ourselves: 为我们节省出
所以,是15秒,我们只需要15秒。
-Mahone: Listen, I'm not sure how close we're gonna get to this house, let alone inside ofit, but let's say that we do.
sure: 确定 let alone: 更不用说 say: 假设
听着,我不确定我们能离那房子多近,先别说别的,假设我们进去了…
-Sucre: The alarm they got installed in this house is triggered 1.2 seconds after brokencontact in any door or window.
alarm: 警报 install: 装置 trigger: 引发 contact: 触点
如果我们打破任何一扇门或窗,那么1.2秒内房内安装的警报器就会启动…
-Bellick: Which would immediately send the private security guards with their 47 gunsrushing into the property.
immediately: 立即 send: 派遣 private: 私人的 security: 安全 guard: 警卫 gun: 枪 rush into: 冲入 property: 房子
立即会让私人保镖们端着他们的47把枪冲进来
-Sara: And after 30 seconds, the alarm company will dispatch vehicles to the property.Three to four, depending on availability.
company: 公司 dispatch: 派遣 vehicle: 车辆 depending on: 根据 availability: 可能性
30秒后,安保公司会派出车辆去那房子,视具体情况,大概三到四辆车,
After confirmation of a break-in, they'll dispatch additional vehicles to seal off any and allexits from the property.
confirmation: 确认 break-in: 非法闯入 additional: 额外的 seal: 封锁 exit: 出口
确认是非法侵入的话,还会增派车辆,堵截住所的每一个出口。
-Mahone: I don't know about this, Michael.
别的我不清楚 Michael。
-Bellick: It's getting pretty clear why they hired a bunch of cons to do this job. It's notbecause they wanted it off the books.
pretty: 相当 hire: 雇佣 a bunch of: 一大堆 con: 罪犯
现在很明显他们为什么要找一帮罪犯来干这些事了。他们不仅想要置身度外。
It's because we're expiable. Who's gonna care if a bunch of crooks wind up dead? It'ssuicide.
expiable: 不值钱的 crook: 罪犯 wind up: 最后结局 suicide: 自杀
同时我们是毫无价值的。谁会在乎一帮罪犯被杀呢?这是自杀行为。
-Sara: I'm gonna keep looking and see what I can find.
我继续想想其他办法。
-Michael:The quote from the Odyssey.
quote: 名言
引自奥德赛。
-Lincoln: What about it?
是什么?
-Michael: I can't shake that line. All that avails is flight. What if flight is our only option,Linc?
shake: 理解 avail: 有效的 flight: 逃离 option: 选择
“三十六计,走为上计”如果逃跑是我们唯一的选择,该怎么办呢?
What if our father-- after everything he discovered about the company-- what...what ifthat's what he finally realized?
discover: 发现 realize: 认清
在爸爸调查了公司那么久之后,如果这是他最后的选择呢?
-Lincoln: You know, uh, the one thing I remember most about dad was the back of hishead.
back of head: 后脑勺
爸爸留给我唯一的印象,就是他的背影,
Always walking out the front door.
他总是从前门走出去,
Always running from something. Mom, us, himself.
run from: 逃避
总是在逃避一些事情,妈妈、我们、甚至是他自己
But the one thing he never ran away from was his belief that the company needed to betaken down. And we got an opportunity to do that.
belief: 信念 take down: 推倒 opportunity: 机会
但有一件事,他从未逃避,也是他的信念那就是公司必须被消灭,现在我们终于有机会了。
-Michael: Then this is our fight, not theirs.
fight: 斗争
所以这是咱俩的战斗,不是他们的。
-Lincoln: Man, this...this ain't Fox River. These guys chose to be here. Remember that. They got a choice.
ain’t=is not
听着...这里不是在Fox River,这是他们自愿的。记住,这是他们自己的选择。
-Mahone: Almost.
差不多了。
-Sucre: Ready?Go.
准备好了吗?行动。
-Mahone: Go,come on.
走,快点。
-Guard one: Where's it coming from?
哪儿的警报?
-Guard two: It's across the street.
街对面吧。
-Michael: Come on. Go.
快,走。
-Guard: Just something across the street. We got a team checking it out now. You can goback inside, sir.
across:对面 check out: 检查
街对面的问题,派了一队人去查了。您可以进屋去了,先生。
-Tuxhorn: Must be out of town.
那家人也许出城去了
-Son: Daddy, is everything okay?
爸爸,没事吧?
-Michael: Alex...
Alex…
-Tuxhorn: Thanks, Jim.
谢谢,Jim。
-Michael: Alex!Let's go. Go!
Alex,让我们走吧,走!
-Wyatt: Don't turn around, unless you'd like to experience a great deal of pain over aneven greater length of time.
turn around: 转身 experience: 经历 a great deal: 大量的 pain: 痛苦 length: 长度
别转身!否则要么让你体验一下短痛的刺激,要么让你享受一下长痛的滋味。
-Bruce: You-you know, just-just take whatever you want here.
whatever: 任何东西
听我说... 想要什么你随便拿...
-Wyatt: The only thing I want from you, Bruce, is the answer to a simple question: Whereare Michael Scofield and Lincoln burrows?
simple:简单的 question: 问题
Bruce,我唯一想从你这儿得到的...只是一个简单的答案,Michael Scofield和Lincoln Burrows在哪儿?
-Bruce: I only know what-what I read in the papers and...
paper: 报纸
我只知道报纸上写的,而且…
-Wyatt: Three days ago, there were 105 inmates in the supermax wing of the U.S.Penitentiary in Livingston, Texas, where the brothers were allegedly sent.
inmate: 囚犯 supermax wing: 最高级别安全措施的监狱 penitentiary: 监狱
3天前,共有105名犯人,在德州利文斯顿监狱的最高级别安全区,就是那对兄弟应被送去的地方,
There are still 105 inmates there, and no one has been released during that time.Someone is playing a shell game, Bruce. I'm just trying to find out whom.
release: 释放 a shell game: 小把戏
现在那里还是有105名犯人,期间没有人被释放,有人在玩把戏,Bruce。我想知道是谁。
-Bruce: I have no criminal jurisdiction over...
criminal jurisdiction: 刑事管辖权 criminal: 刑事的 jurisdiction: 管辖权
我没有刑事管辖权…
-Wyatt: I know you bailed them out. I know you've been in contact with Sara Tancredi.
bail: 保释 in contact with: 和……联系
我知道你把他们保释了出去,我知道你联系过Sara Tancredi。
-Bruce: I swear to you, I-I have no idea where they are.
swear: 发誓 have no idea: 不知道
我向你发誓,我不知道他们在哪儿。
-Wyatt: I guess we'll see about that.
guess: 猜想
我们走着瞧…
-Travelers: Good luck, Teddy.
祝你好运,Teddy。
-T-bag: Who needs luck when you got friends like you fellas, huh? Hey, you mind if I takethis old newspaper of yours with me?
fellas=fellows
有你们这些家伙做朋友,谁还需要好运气?介意我带走你们的旧报纸吗?
-Travelers: No problem. Sorry to hear about your friend, dude.
dude: 〈俚〉男人
拿吧,你朋友的事,我们很遗憾……
-T-bag: It’s all right. He had a full life.
full: 充实的
没事,他有充实的一生。
-Travelers: Later, Teddy.
later: 以后见
以后见,Teddy。
[SanDiego.PC Line.B12.36-24-36 Pacific Coach Lines]
SanDiego: 圣地亚哥 Pacific: 太平洋
-T-bag: There you go. Thirty-six, twenty-four, thirty-six.
开始吧。36,24,36.
[Los Angeles]
-Roland: Did you get it?
你们拿到了吗?
-Michael: Let's make sure we got what we wanted. Linc!
make sure: 确定
看看是不是我们想要的。Linc!
-Lincoln: yeah?
嗯?
-Michael: Don't let that thing out of your sight.
sight: 视线
别让那东西离开你的视线。
-Lincoln: All right.
好的。
-Sucre: We're halfway there. All we got to do is that little B and E, and- we're out of here.
halfway: 半路
我们成功一半了,现在只需要弄开门,进去,然后就离开。
-Michael: Reminds me, I need to get a hold of Self, see when we can get started.
remind: 提醒 get a hold: 和某人取得联系
提醒我,我需要联系Self,看看什么时候能开始行动。
-Sucre: So what are you gonna do when all this is over?
gonna=going to
一切都结束以后,你有什么打算?
-Michael: That's a good question.
问得好。
-Roland: Brother, whatever this Scylla thing is, it is a monster of a code.
monster: 庞大的 code: 数码
老兄,不管锡拉是什么,它一定由庞大的密码组组成。
-Michael: Sara, I was gonna come down here and ask if you wanted to talk some moreabout what happened in Panama,
come down: 下来
Sara,我来这儿是想问问你,想不想再谈谈巴拿马发生的事,
but, um, I think I already know what you're gonna say.
already: 已经
但我想我已经知道你会说什么了。
-Sara: How's that?
为什么?
-Michael: Because you're a little like me. Because you're gonna say you're fine, that youcan handle it.
handle: 处理
为我们有相似之处,因为你一定会说,你没事儿你能处理得了,
So, um, I'll just leave it at this. I'm here. Whenever you want to talk, I'm here.
因所以...这么说吧,我就在这儿,不管什么时候你想谈谈,我都在你身边。
-Sara: Thank you.
谢谢,
You know that the only thing that kept me alive when I was being held was the thought ofbeing with you.
alive: 活着 hold: 支撑 thought: 信念
知道吗?当我被抓的时候,唯一支撑我活下去的,就是想到能和你在一起。
But I also knew that if anything happened to me, you were gonna blame yourself,
blame: 责怪
但我也知道,如果我发生了什么,你一定会很自责,
And you would spend the rest of your life punning yourself for it, and...I can't bear thethought of that.
rest: 剩下的 pun=punish 惩罚 bear: 忍受
并用余生来惩罚自己,而且…我受不了这样想。
So can we make a deal right now that we're even, and just wipe the slate clean and noguilt and no responsibility?
make a deal: 达成协议 wipe: 消除 slate: 不好的记忆 guilt: 负罪感 responsibility: 责任
我们达成个协议吧,我们互不相欠,以前的事一笔勾销没有内疚,没有责任,好吗?
If we're gonna be together, I don't want it to be out of a sense of obligation. Or-or eventhat we should be, because of what we've been through. I-I...I just want to start over.
sense: 感觉 obligation: 义务 through: 经历 start over: 重新开始
如果我们要在一起,我不想是因为义务或我们应该在一起,就因为我们经历了很多我...我想重新开始。
-Michael: Start over. Okay. But, uh, does that mean I have to divorce my wife?
divorce: 与…离婚
重新开始…好吧,但这是不是意味着,我得和我妻子离婚?
-Sara: Because you're still married to a Russian stripper.
be married to: 和……结婚 stripper: 脱衣舞女
因为你还娶了个俄国脱衣舞娘。
-Michael: Well, "a": I've been a little busy, and "b": I'm pretty sure she was Czech.
busy: 忙的 pretty: 相当 Czech: 捷克人
好吧,首先,我很忙,其次,她是捷克人。
-Lincoln: Hey, Michael.
嘿,Michael。
-Michael: What's wrong?
什么事?
-Lincoln: Whatever it is, it ain't it.
ain’t=is not
不管那是什么,总之我们拿错了。
-Michael: I don't understand. I thought you said we copied the card.
understand: 明白 copy: 复制
我不明白,你不是说我们复制了卡吗?
-Roland: No, we did. But according to the encryption code... okay, how do I make thisclear? If-if Scylla was like a pizza, all we got's a slice.
according to: 根据 encryption: 编密码 pizza: 披萨饼 got’s= got is slice: 一角
的确是复制了,但是根据编码…,好吧怎么说呢?如果锡拉是个披萨,我们只拿到了一角。
-Michael: So where's the rest of the data?
rest: 剩下的
那么,其他的数据在哪儿?
-Roland: 'I don’t know.' I don't know. I mean...I mean, I don't know how we didn't see thiscoming. I mean, it-it makes perfect sense.
perfect: 完美的 sense: 感觉
我不知道,我不知道我是说...我们为什么没想到呢,这东西设计地合情合理。
-Mahone: It's like the nuclear launch codes. You don't give all that information to just oneperson.
nuclear: 原子能的 launch: 发射 information: 信息
就像原子弹发射的密码,你不能把所有信息都交给一个人。
-Sucre: How many do you give it to?
那应该给几个人?
-Sara: Okay, that quote your father held onto-in the Odyssey, Scylla is a six-headedmonster that requires a sacrifice of six soldiers in order to pass.
quote: 引言 hold onto: 坚持 six-headed: 六个头的monster: 怪物 soldiers: 战士
sacrifice: 牺牲
你父亲引用的那部分--在奥德赛中,锡拉是个6头的妖怪,要6名武士做祭品才能通过。
-Michael: So Scylla isn't one card, it's six.
所以锡拉不是一张卡,是6张
-Lincoln: What does that mean? How we gonna find five more of these things? Michael!Michael!
这什么意思?我们怎么找到剩下的5份?Michael! Michael!
-Wyatt: I'm busy. I don't care what she looks like. Three tablespoons of water, one ofhoney.
tablespoon: 一大汤匙的量 honey: 蜂蜜
我很忙,我不管她现在怎么样,总之,3大勺水,一勺蜂蜜,
Nothing more. If she knows something about anything that's going on, I'm going to find it.
别的不给,如果她真的知道什么,我一定要问出来。
-Man: Rise and shine, bitch. Breakfast.
rise: 抬头 shine: 打起精神
抬起头来,婊子,早餐来了。
-Lincoln: Michael? You all right?
Michael?你没事儿吧?
-Michael: Yeah, I'm fine.
嗯,没事儿。
-Lincoln: All this security makes you wonder what the company's hiding.
security: 安全措施 wonder: 猜想 hiding: 隐藏
所有这些安全措施,让人不禁怀疑公司到底想隐藏什么。
-Michael: Only way to know for sure is to find those five other cards, see for ourselves.
only: 唯一的 for ourselves: 我们自己来
想知道的唯一办法就是,找到剩下的5张卡我们亲自来看。
-Lincoln: Think we'll have enough time?
enough: 足够的
我们时间够吗?
-Michael: Yeah. We'll, uh... we'll be fine.
够,我们...我们会没事的。
词汇解析:VIC 校对:Vivian



评 论


