提示:网站右上角“在线笔记本”可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)
看 Ugly Betty 学英语第四季 1集:The Butterfly Effect: Part 1
[Previously on Ugly Betty]
《丑女贝蒂》前情提要
-Daniel: You're our newest features editor.
feature: 专题节目 editor: 编辑
你是我们新的专栏编辑
-Betty: Aah! Oh, my god!
噢,天哪
-Hartley: Cal and I have been talking,
卡尔跟我谈过了
And we decided we need to reevaluate your role in the company.
reevaluate: 重新评估 role: 角色
我们觉得有必要重新评估你在公司的角色
-Wilhelmina: Connor Owens.
康纳
-Hunter: You want him alive?
你想他活着么
-Wilhelmina: As long as I get the money, I really don't care.
as long as: 一旦
一旦我拿到钱 我才不管了
What are you doing here?
你在这里干吗
-Molly: I'm sick. It's cancer.
sick: 生病的 cancer: 癌症
我病了 是癌症
-Daniel: The only thing I care about is the time we have left.
care about: 在乎
我只在乎我们还能在一起的时间
-Betty: I'm moving in with Matt.
move in: 搬入
我要搬去跟马特住在一起
-Henry: Do you love him?
你爱他吗
-Betty: I do.
是的
-Henry: I guess this is good-bye.
good-bye: 告别
我想这次是我们的告别
-Betty: What are you saying?
你说什么
-Matt: We're over.
over: 结束
我们结束了
-Betty: you're just walking away? I'm never gonna see you again?
walk away: 离开 gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
你就这么一走了之 我们不能再见
-Matt: My dad offered me a job at "Mode" And I'm gonna take it. I'm your new boss.
offer: 提供 boss: 上司
我爸给我在《风尚》安排工作我要上任了 是你的新上司
-Betty: They were, like, gnarly monster teeth, like... Like Gollum
gnarly: 多瘤的 monster: 怪物 Gollum: 环王里的古鲁姆
他们就象长瘤的怪物牙齿就象指环王里的古鲁姆
Or someone from the deep backwoods of England.
backwoods: 偏僻的森林地区
或者某个英格兰的黑森林里的人
-Dad: You're just nervous about your first day as a features editor.
nervous: 紧张 features editor: 专题编辑
你只是紧张你第一天上班 作为专题编辑
-Hilda: That's true. I read a book about dreams
没错 我读过关于梦境的书
That says teeth dreams means you have anxiety...
anxiety: 焦虑
书上说梦见牙齿意味着你焦虑
Or menopause, but I don't think that's the case here.
menopause: 更年期
或是更年期 我不认为你是这个情况
When are those things coming off anyway?
come off: 脱离
什么时候那些东西可以拿掉了
-Betty: Soon. The dentist scheduled me for a few months now.
dentist: 牙医 schedule: 安排
快了 正牙医生安排我几个月后拿
-Hilda: Ay, it's about freaking time.
freaking: 变得极度兴奋
可以好好疯玩一下了
-Betty: Hey, Hilda, do you think you could trim my bangs?
trim: 修剪 bangs: 刘海
希尔达 你可以帮我修一下刘海吗
-Hilda: I kinda can’t see.
kinda: 有一点
我看不见
-Betty: Maybe, but I'm kinda liking the look.
也许,但是我有一点喜欢那个打扮
-Hilda: I kinda can't see.
我看不见
-Justin: Good morning.
早上好
-Hilda: Hi! Justin, my little man.
贾斯廷,我的男子汉
-Dad: First day of school.
第一天上学
-Hilda: Justin, what did you dream about last night?
贾斯廷 昨晚做了什么梦
-Justin: That Susan Boyle was force-feeding me
force-feed: 硬塞
苏珊·波义尔【英国达人选手】硬塞了我满嘴
Grilled cheese sandwiches and then morphed into a cat.
Grilled: 烤的 cheese: 奶酪 sandwiches: 三明治 morph: 改变
烤奶酪三明治 然后她变成一只猫
-Hilda: See? Anxiety dream.
anxiety: 焦虑的
瞧 焦虑的梦
-Dad: Hey, nice shirt. Let me see. Zegna?
衬衣不错 我看看 杰尼亚的吗
-Justin: Gucci, but you're getting better at this.
古驰 不过你越来越懂行了
Thanks, mom.
谢谢妈
-Hilda: please. I figure we gotta break out the labels for your first day of high school.
figure: 认为 gotta: 必须(等于have got to) break out: 爆发 label: 品牌
别客气 上高中第一天我们要高调一点
We can't afford college now, but at least you'll be styling.
afford: 供得起 styling: 时髦
现在还没钱上大学 但至少你很潮
Oh! Oh! Speaking of styling,
说到潮
Betty, straight from Edinburgh!
straight: 直接的
贝蒂 从爱丁堡直邮过来的
Yeah, Christina asked me to wait to give this to you until today.
对 克里斯蒂娜交代我等到今天再给你打开
-Betty: Oh! Christina.
克里斯蒂娜
I know.
是啊
A pantsuit? It's great.
pantsuit: 套装
套装 太棒了
But it just...It's not really me.
但是这个 这不是我的风格
Guys, I gotta go.
gotta: 必须(等于have got to)
我得走了 大家伙儿们
-Hilda: Wait. Wait. First-day photo up. Come on. Come on.
等等 第一天的美照 快来 快来
Come on. Squeeze together, freshman and freshwoman.
squeeze: 挤 freshman: 新手
快来 挤在一起 新人男和新人女
All right, ready?
好了吗
Everybody say "first day"!
大家说 第一天
-Justin/Betty: First day!
第一天
-Host: News flash: Wilhelmina Slater is on the outs.
news: 新闻 flash: 闪光 on the outs: 出局
闪点新闻 威廉敏娜·斯莱特出局了
Meade's savior, Cal Hartley, is continuing to throw his metaphorical muscle behind ClaireMeade,
savior: 救世主 metaphorical: 隐喻性的 muscle: 肌肉
米德集团的救星 卡尔·哈特利 继续用他的强有力的肌肉支持克莱尔·米德
Who is now de facto boss at the publishing powerhouse.
facto: 事实上的 publish: 出版 publishing: 出版 powerhouse: 动力室
该女已是出版界的真正老大
And it's no secret that Claire is a Slater hater.
secret: 秘密 hater: 怀恨
人尽皆知克莱尔对斯莱特恨之入骨
Any claim to the company now gone with faux baby Meade
claim to: 要求 faux: (法)假的
其公司股权随着伪米德宝宝一起灰飞烟灭
It might be time for Wilhelmina to dust off her resume?
dust off: 抹去灰尘 resume: 简历
威廉敏娜是时候重新投简历了
And figure out what color her parachute is.
figure out: 算出 parachute: 降落伞
定下她的降落伞该是什么颜色的了
In the meantime, hottie widower Daniel Meade Is apparently in Tibet.
meantime: 同时 hottie:【口】=hot-water bottle可人儿 widower: 鳏夫 apparently: 显然 Tibet: 西藏
同时 热辣鳏夫丹尼尔·米德显然是去了西藏
Is Daniel now a Dalai?
可以称丹尼尔为达赖了吗
Our sources say He may be there spreading his late wife's ashes.
sources: 线人 spread: 撒播 ashes: 骨灰
我们的线人称他准备在那里撒了他亡妻的骨灰
A moment of silence for molly.
a moment of silence: 默哀
为莫莉默哀一下
Moment over.
默哀结束
Daniel, get back here and get back on the market, pronto.
pronto: 很快地
丹尼尔 快回来重操旧业
Page six is a little lighter without you.
light: 清淡的
第六页娱乐版没有你就有点萧条了
-Wilhelmina: You have got to stop doing that.
你别再这么干了
I only have so much glassware.
glassware: 玻璃器皿
我的玻璃杯都不够摔了
Hide.
hide: 隐藏
躲起来
-Marc: Morning. I come bearing dry-cleaning!
bearing: 举止 dry-cleaning: 干洗
早上好 我把干洗衣服拿来了
With extra plastic for the landfills, just how you like it.
plastic: 塑料的 landfill: 垃圾堆
还带了几个垃圾袋来如你所愿
-Wilhelmina: Marc, you could have brought those to the office.
马克 你可以把它们带到办公室
-Marc: I know, but you've been so in and out lately, I didn't know
知道 但你最近有时去有时不去 我不知道
If you were gonna be in today,
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
你今天去不去
And so I just thought I would
所以我想就
-Wilhelmina: Too many words, Marc.
话太多小马
I'll see you at the office.
我们办公室见
-Marc: Wait. Can I use your bathroom?
bathroom: 洗手间
等下 我能用你的洗手间吗
-Wilhelmina: No, Marc, you can't use my bathroom.
小马 不行
No one uses my bathroom, not even me.
没人可以用 连我也不行
-Marc: What was that?
那是什么
-Wilhelmina: Housekeeper.
housekeeper: 女管家
清洁工
-Marc: But I thought we had her deported.
deport: 驱逐出境
但我们已经把她驱逐出境了
Willie, what's going on? You're being weird.
weird: 奇怪
威威 怎么了 你很奇怪
And what was that stuff in the news today? Is that true?
stuff: 东西
今天的新闻说了什么 是真的吗
-Wilhelmina: Marc, how many times have we planted damaging rumors in the news forself-serving reasons?
plant: 种植 damage: 损害 rumors: 谣传 self-serving: 自私自利的
小马 我们干过很多次为了自保而制造的骇人听闻的谣传了
Don't you worry your silky little curls?
silky: 丝般柔滑的 curls: 卷发
别担心你丝般柔滑的小卷发了
-Marc: But I got a message from Claire and Hartley.
我帮克莱尔和哈特利带句话
-Wilhelmina: Fine
好
-Marc: But what if they, you know, and then you have to... Mm?
但如果他们那样 然后你得那样
-Wilhelmina: Now not enough words, Marc.
话太少了 小马
-Marc: What if they fire you? What happens to us?
如果他们炒了你 我们怎么办
-Wilhelmina: We will blow up that bridge when we get to it.
blow up: 使爆炸 bridge: 桥
船到桥头自然直 实在不行就把桥炸了
Now if you will excuse me...
excuse: 打扰
现在别来烦我了
-Betty: I am an attractive, intelligent, confident...
attractive: 迷人的 intelligent: 聪明的 confident: 自信的
我是个迷人的 聪明的 自信的
Associate features editor.
associate: 副的 feature: 专题 editor: 编辑
副专题编辑
-Guard: Step forward.
step forward: 迈进来
进来
-Woman: Here you go.
给
-Betty: I get my own credit card?
credit card: 信用卡
我有公司的信用卡了
-Woman: Yeah, if you're an editor here, you get one.
对是这里的编辑的话 就有
It's one of the many perks of your new position.
perk: 额外津贴 position: 工作
这是你新工作的各类津贴之一
But don't get too excited. They put a $100 cap on lunches.
cap: (费用的)最高限度
别太高兴的太早午餐消费上限100美元
-Betty: Oh, per week?
per: 每一
每周吗
-Woman: Per lunch, honey.
每餐 亲爱的
Oh, and if you're here past normal work hours,
normal: 正常的
如果你加班的话
Of course you have access to the Meade town cars,
have access to: 使用
就可以坐公司的豪华轿车
As well as the gym and steam room.
gym: 健身 steam room: 蒸汽房
还可以去健身房和蒸汽房
And your new ID Badge. Nice picture.
ID: 身份证 badge: 证章
这是你的身份卡 照片不错
-Betty: It really is. Thank you.
是挺不错的 谢谢
I know Mode is a fashion magazine, and that's great.
fashion: 时尚
我知道《风尚》是时尚杂志 这点很好
I just think that we could also be telling stories that matter, you know, touching people'slives?
touch: 感动
我只是认为我们还可以登一些真正有意义的故事感动我们的读者
-Woman: Yeah, I just like the pictures of the shoes.
对 我就喜欢看鞋子的照片
-Betty: Yeah. No, the shoes are...The shoes are great.
是的 鞋子 鞋子很好
I have plenty of those kinds of ideas, too.
plenty of: 许多
我也有大把这样的主意
-Woman: You know,
知道吗
I remember checking you in three years ago
我记得三年前接待你来报道
When you first started working here, and I thought,
那时你才来工作 当时我想
God, I'll be processing that girl's exit paperwork within a month.
process: 处理 exit: 退出 paperwork: 文书工作
老天 我会在一个月内办理她的离职手续
Congratulations. Enjoy your new office.
恭喜你 好好享受新办公室
-Mee-gan: Betty, hi.
贝蒂 你好
We've never technically met.
technically: 专门地
我们其实没正式见过
I'm Mee-gan. Not Meg-Gan or May-Gan. Mee-Gan.
我是米根 不是梅根或者美根 米根
-Betty: I know. I've read everything you've done for "Mode."
我知道 我读过你给《风尚》写的所有文章
I think your features are amazing
features: 专题 amazing: 令人惊异的
我认为你的专题很好
-Mee-gan: That stuff has to go.
gonna: (美)将要(等于going to)
那些东西得搬走
Super cute, but it's policy
super: 超级 cute: 可爱 policy: 政策
非常可爱 但规定是
Editor decor has to be fashion-related.
decor: 装饰 fashion-related: 与时尚有关的
编辑们的办公陈设必须是时尚的
-Betty: Oh. Okay. Yeah. Um, are we sharing?
share: 共享
好 好 我们是共用办公室吗
'cause I thought she said that this was my office.
'cause: =because因为
因为我听她说 这是我的办公室
-Mee-gan: That's adorable.
adorable: 可爱
真可爱
You thought an associate editor would get her own office.
associate editor: 副编辑
你认为副编辑有自己的办公室吗
I just want to eat you up.
eat up: 吃光
你可爱得我恨不得一口吃了你
-Betty: Um, well, this will be fun.
这会很有意思的
We'll be office mates.
mate: 同事
我们会是同事了
-Mee-gan: Yeah. It's more fun not to be.
是吗 不是同事的话 我更开心
I had my own office, which took four years to get.
我曾有自己的办公室 四年才得到的
But I just had to give it to our new boss.
但现在得让给我们的新老板了
I think you might know him.
你可能认识他
-Matt: I'm Matt Hartley, your new managing editor.
managing editor: 执行主编
我是马特·哈特利 执行主编
-Mee-gan: Actually, that's my seat.
actually: 实际上
那其实是我的座位
-Betty: Oh, sorry.
对不起
-Matt: Some of you I know, some of you I don't, and some of you I thought I knew butapparently, I didn't.
apparently: 显然地
有些人我认识,有些人我不认识有些人我以为认识 但其实不认识
My role is to be a conduit between you guys and the editors-in-chief.
role: 角色 conduit: 导管 editors-in-chief: 主编
我的角色是你们与主编之间的桥梁
That means any ideas you guys have for articles or spreads come through me,
articles: 文章 spread: 发行
任何关于文章或发行的主意都要告诉我
Because it's all about communication, people.
communication: 沟通
沟通就是一切 各位
Some of you may have to work on that.
有些人得在这放面下功夫
All right, we're starting work on our global fashion issue.
global: 全球的 fashion: 时尚 issue: 发行
好 我们现在开始策划全球时尚号
Betty, why don't you start us off?
start off: 开始
贝蒂 你开个头怎么样
You're good with beginnings, not so good with endings.
beginning: 开头 ending: 结尾
开头你很在行 但收尾很不好
-Betty: Okay, um, global?
好 全球吗
Uh, well, I've been quite interested in the situation in sub-Saharan Africa.
be interested in: 对…感兴趣 sub-Saharan: 撒哈拉沙漠以南的
我一直都很关心撒哈拉以南的非洲的情况
Uh, malaria is devastating the continent.
malaria: 疟疾 devastate: 摧毁 continent: 大陆
疟疾正在那片大陆肆虐
The awareness in the United States is practically zero
awareness: 认识 practically: 几乎
美国对此却充耳不闻
-Matt: Uh, malaria?
疟疾吗
-Betty: Um, yep.
对
-Matt: Is there a fashion angle?
angle: 角度
有时尚角度吗
-Betty: Yes. I think that there would be a very interesting side story with African fashion
有 我觉得非洲时尚的文章
-Mee-gan: Betty's on to something.
贝蒂说到点子上了
Malaria comes from mosquitoes.
mosquitoes: 蚊子
疟疾来源于蚊子
So what if we do an accessories piece on insect jewelry?
accessories: 饰品 insect: 昆虫 jewelry: 首饰
我们可以做一篇有关昆虫首饰的文章
-Betty: Uh, yeah. No, that's not what I was gonna say.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
不 那不是我要说的
-Matt: B-b-b-b-betty. Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh.
贝贝贝蒂嘘
-Mee-gan: Insect jewelry had its heyday in the '60s,
heyday: 全盛期
昆虫首饰在六十年代很红
But lately I've been noticing a fashion trend
lately: 最近 trend: 趋势
但最近我注意到一个时尚潮流
Back toward bugs and gross things, but pretty.
bug: 昆虫 gross: 粗野的 pretty: 漂亮的
回归到昆虫和一些恶心的东西 但很漂亮
-Matt: I like it, Megan. Run with it.
好点子 米根 你去做
Who's next?
下一个
-Classmate: Oh, what's up, Fergie?
怎么了 菲姬【黑眼豆豆女主唱】
-Justin: Hi.
你好
-Classmate: That's a real pretty, cute shirt you got on.
cute: 可爱的
你的衬衣很漂亮很可爱
Who makes it?
谁做的
-Justin: Uh, it's Gucci.
是古驰的
-Classmate: Gucci.
古驰
Gucci. Oh!
古驰
Oh, man. Next time, don't be so clumsy.
clumsy: 迟钝
下次 别那么迟钝
-Matt: great. I guess everyone has their assignments.
assignment: 任务
很好,我想大家都分配到工作了
-Betty: I don't.
-Matt: I'm really excited to be here. Go, team.
很高兴与大家共事 加油
-Betty: Matt.
马特
Matt, can we talk?
马特 我们谈谈
-Matt: I'm really busy.
我忙的很
-Betty: I know, which is why I've been calling you,
我知道 所以我就给你打电话
But you haven't answered any of my calls.
你一次也不接
I just there are some things that we need to talk about.
我要 有些事我们必须得谈谈
Hi, Marc. I haven't seen you all day.
小马 一整天都没见你
-Marc: Oh, I really have to take this. Hello?
我得接这通电话 喂
Uh-huh. Uh-huh. Really?
真的吗
-Betty: Amanda?
阿曼达
-Amanda: Oh, Betty, hey.
哦 贝蒂
I was just taking inventory.
inventory: 库存
我正在清算库存呢
Since Christina's been gone,
自从克里斯蒂娜走了之后
you never know who's gonna come down here steal things
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) come down: 下来 steal: 偷
都不知道会不会有人下来偷东西
Not me.
不是我
-Betty: Oh, I'm just happy to see a friendly face.
friendly: 友好的
真高兴看见你这么友好
-Amanda: And I can finally congratulate you on your big promotion.
congratulate on: 恭喜 promotion: 提升
我也终于可以恭喜你升职了
-Betty: Oh, Amanda, thank you.
哦 阿曼达 谢谢你
-Amanda: The first Latina supreme court justice...
supreme: 最高的 court: 法院 justice: 司法决议
这是首次拉丁区最高法院的公正决议
Tell me, Betty, how does that feel?
告诉我 贝蒂 你是什么感觉
How do your people feel?
你的人民是怎么想的
-Betty: Amanda, I'm not judge Sotomayor.
judge: 法官
阿曼达 我不是圣托梅尔法官
-Amanda: Bueno. But just promise me
bueno: 好的
随便 不过答应我
You will not overturn Roe v. Wade.
overturn: 翻案 Roe v. Wade: 在1973年Roe案件的判决中,最高法院确认妇女决定是否继续怀孕的权利受到宪法上个人自主权和隐私权规定的保护。通过将宪法上的最高级别的保护-“严格审查”-赋予选择权,Roe案件的判决第一次将妇女的生育权与其他基本权利并列,如言论自由和宗教自由。
你不会为女性有权堕胎一案翻案
-Betty: Hey, you want to grab some lunch?
grab: 抓
你想跟我一起吃午饭吗
-Amanda: Sorry, I can't. Marc totally hates you for taking his job,
对不起 我不能 马克对你抢他工作这事耿耿于怀
And I still have to figure out how you and I can be friends.
figure out: 相出
而我还在考虑今后怎么跟你做朋友
-Marc: Mandy?
曼迪
-Amanda: Get away from me, you bloated troll.
bloated: 傲慢的 troll: 巨魔
离我远点 你这个得意的邋遢鬼
-Marc: Hi, Betty.
嗨 贝蒂
I've been meaning to tell you-Cute outfit.
cute: 可爱的 outfit: 套装
我特地来告诉你 外套不错
-Wilhelmina: Already enjoying the perks, I see.
perk: 待遇
看得出来 你已经在享受待遇了
-Betty: Hello, Wilhelmina.
你好 威廉敏娜
It's been a... A rough day.
rough: 艰苦的
这真是 难受的一天
-Wilhelmina: I hope you're not expecting a pep talk.
pep: 激励
我希望你不是想让我鼓励你吧
-Betty: No. No. God, no.
不 不 上帝啊 不
-Wilhelmina: Good.
很好
-Betty: Being an editor—
editor: 编辑
当好一个编辑
It's more complicated than I imagined.
complicated: 复杂的 imagine: 想象
比我想象中难多了
-Wilhelmina: We're really gonna do this?
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
我们真的要谈这些吗
Wake up and smell the aromatherapy, Betty.
wake up: 醒来 aromatherapy: 香料按摩
醒醒吧 闻闻这香料的气息 贝蒂
Being an assistant is boot camp.
assistant: 助理 boot camp: [美口]海军训练新兵之营地
当助理不过是新兵训练营
Being an editor is war.
当编辑可是真枪实仗
You have your allies, you have your enemies
ally: 同盟者
你有同伴 你也有敌人
Often times you can't tell which is which.
通常你分不清孰敌孰友
-Betty: It just sort of feels like
我只是感觉
I have more enemies than allies right now.
我的敌人比同伴还多
-Wilhelmina: Mm, yes, you do.
是的 没错
Oh, and by the way-- Malaria, really?
malaria: 疟疾
哦 对了 那个疟疾的提案 是真的吗
Like I would ever put disease-ridden poor people in the pages of this magazine.
disease-ridden: 全是疾病的
我决不会把得了病的穷人登载在这本杂志上的
-Betty: How did you know about that?
你怎么知道的
-Wilhelmina: I know everything.
我什么都知道
-Betty: Well... How does one survive?
survive: 生存
怎样才能在这里生存下来
-Wilhelmina: You look out for yourself.
小心照看好自己
If it means screwing over everyone else?
screw over: 搞垮
如果这意味着搞垮其他所有人
So be it.
也在所不惜
-Betty: What if you're not that kind of a person?
如果我不是那样的人呢
-Wilhelmina: Well, then you change or you'll be eaten alive.
那你只好改变自己了否则你就会被别人击垮
-Hilda: Ahh. Are you saying that muffins are your secret weapon?
muffin: 松饼 weapon: 武器
你是说松饼是你的秘密武器吗
-Man: Mm-hmm. Food can be very effective.
effective: 起作用的
对啊 送食物总是屡试不爽的
The more I have at my campaign rallies, the higher the spike in my polls.
campaign: 活动 rally: 集合 spike: 长钉【引申为稳定】 polls: 投票
我交到的同伴越多我的工作就会越顺利
-Hilda: Yeah, but this is "mode." Those people don't exactly eat.
没错 但这是在《风尚》啊 那些人都不怎么吃东西
-Betty: Which is why I’m making nonfat, sugar-free?
nonfat: 无脂 sugar-free: 无糖
这就是为什么我做了无脂无糖
Low-carb blueberry muffins high in antioxidants.
carb: 含碳的 blueberry: 蓝莓 muffin: 松饼 antioxidant: 抗氧化剂
低碳水化合物并富含抗氧化剂的蓝莓松饼
It's just to break the ice.
break the ice: 打破僵局
这只是为了打破僵局
-Dad: You should break the ice with something
打破僵局也应该加点
That you couldn't actually use to break ice.
actually: 实际上
你不能用于打破僵局的调料啊
Ay, mija, try some butter.
butter: 黄油
加点黄油啊
-Betty: No, dad. No butter.
不 爸爸 不要黄油
-Dad: Well, at least add some walnuts, for flavor.
add: 增加 walnut: 核桃 flavor: 味道
好吧 至少加点核桃吧 这样味道好
-Betty: Fine. Look, I don't even care if they actually eat them.
actually: 实际上
好吧 听着 我无所谓他们吃不吃
I just need to get in there and make some allies.
我只需要把松饼带过去 交些朋友
-Hilda: I think you should put rat poison In Matt's muffins and be done with it.
rat: 老鼠 poison: 毒药 muffin: 松饼
我觉得 你应该把老鼠药放在马特的松饼里 这样你俩就算彻底完了
-Betty: Hilda. I'm the one who hurt him.
希尔达 是我伤害了他
He needs time,
他需要时间
And I just need to be patient.
patient: 耐心
我只要再耐心等等
-Hilda: Are you saying that you want to get back with him?
你是说你想挽回吗
-Man: A few weeks ago, they were moving in together.
几周前 他们都准备同居了
Those feelings don't just go away.
feeling: 感觉
感觉犹存
-Betty: What? He's got to forgive me sometime. Dad.
forgive: 原谅
对啊 他一定会原谅我的 爸爸
-Hilda: Justin! Hey, sweetie!
贾斯廷 嗨 宝贝
-Man: Nice Queensboro high sweatshirt.
sweatshirt: 运动衫
外套不错啊
-Dad: Yeah! Hey, Mr. School spirit.
spirit: 灵魂
是啊 我们这位学校的灵魂人物
-Hilda: All right.
是啊
-Justin: Yay! Thanks.
谢谢
-Hilda: Wait. Oh, oh, oh! Wait. Justin.
等等 哦 等等 贾斯廷
What happened at school? Was it great?
学校怎么样啊 好玩吗
Come on. You're not even gonna tell us a little something?
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
拜托 你就不能透露一点给我们吗
-Justin: You know, I'm kind of beat,
beat: 筋疲力尽的
我有点累了
So could we talk about it tomorrow morning?
我们能明天早上再说吗
-Hilda: Oh. Sure. Yeah.
当然 好的
-Justin: Yeah. Okay.
好的 没问题
-Hilda: All right.
好啊
Yeah.
好的
-Cal: Now I realize that the three of us have not always been the best of... friends.
realize: 意识
现在我意识到我们三个人不能继续做挚友了
-Wilhelmina: Well, I suppose I shouldn't have tried to blackmail Claire.
blackmail: 要挟
我可能的确不应该要挟克莱尔
But in my defense, it's hardly the worst thing
defense: 防御措施
但是站在我的角度 这绝对不是
I've done to the woman.
我对女人做过的最坏的事情
Though she really is less of a woman at this point
虽然她也算不上真正的女人
Than something you use to scare crows or children.
scare: 恐吓 crow: 乌鸦
鉴于你可以用她去吓跑乌鸦或者小孩
-Cal: Uh, there's something we need to tell you, Wilhelmina.
我们需要谈谈 威廉敏娜
-Claire: But you're not making it any easier.
但你也不会好过
-Wilhelmina: Enough with the dramatic windups.
dramatic: 戏剧的 windup: 结束
这样的开场白已经够了
I know you want to fire me, so go ahead and do it.
fire: 解雇
我知道你们想解雇我 直说就好了
But if you expect me to grovel or apologize,
grovel: 曲膝 apologize: 道歉
但如果你希望我屈就道歉
I think you ought to know by now,
ought to: 应该
我想你应该知道
You're talking to the wrong woman.
你找错人了
Good luck. Finding someone else that can do what I do.
祝你好运 找个能胜任我这份工作的人
-Cal: Claire?
克莱尔
-Claire: We want you to stay.
我们想让你留下
-Wilhelmina: I'm sorry.
你们说什么
All those face-lifts must have affected your speech.
face-lift: 作整形手术 affect: 影响 speech: 讲话
你做了整形之后 说话都不清楚了
What did you say?
你说什么了
-Claire: We want you to stay on as editor-in-chief of "mode," Reporting to me, of course.
editor-in-chief : 主编 report: 汇报
我们想让你继续当《风尚》的主编当然 要向我汇报工作
You seem surprised,
你看上去很惊讶
Yet your eyebrows haven't moved at all.
eyebrow: 眉毛
但你的眉毛并没有上扬啊
-Wilhelmina: Well, this is unexpected.
unexpected: 出乎意料的
这确实出乎我的意料
-Claire: You were right.
你是对的
It was very hard to find someone who can do what you do.
很难找到人能胜任你的工作
-Wilhelmina: Well, I'm sorry for the insults, Claire.
insult: 侮辱
对不起 冒犯你了 克莱尔
You know old habits.
habit: 习惯
你知道的 老习惯了
-Claire: Of course, and for what it's worth,
当然 这是值得的
I had a really good one for you about v.d.
我有个很好的整形所要介绍给你
-Wilhelmina: You'll have to tell me sometime.
下次你得好好跟我聊聊
-Claire: I look forward to it.
look forward to: 期待
期待不已
-Workmate: Mmm! Que rico.
松饼啊
-Betty: Would you like a muffin to brighten your day?
brighten: 点亮
想来个松饼放松一下吗
Low fat, low sugar, high antioxidants.
antioxidant: 抗氧化剂
低脂低糖 高抗氧化剂
Low fat, low sugar, low-everything muffin.
低脂低糖 什么都低的松饼
I'll save you one.
我给你留一个
-Workmate: Mmm! Que rico.
松饼啊
-Justin: Hey, Marc.
马克
-Marc: Oh, hi. Betty's waddling around here somewhere.
waddle: 摇摆蹒跚
你好 贝蒂就在这附近
Last I saw, she was tossing carbs around the office with wild abandon.
toss: 投掷 carbs: 碳水化合物 abandon: 狂热
我刚才见到她的时候 她办公室分发碳水化合物见人就发
-Justin: Actually, I was sort of looking for you.
sort of: 稍稍
实际上 我是来找你的
-Mee-gan: Look, I'll take any insect jewelry you've got.
insect: 昆虫 jewelry: 珠宝
听着 你所有昆虫形状的珠宝 我都要了
Literally everything I've found so far is strictly craft fair.
literally: 照字面地 strictly: 严格地 craft: 工艺品 fair: 展览会
所有东西都必须是考究的工艺品
Thanks.
多谢
-Betty: Hi. Brought you a muffin-- Made it myself.
muffin: 松饼
你好 给你个松饼 我自己做的
-Mee-gan: I'll just save it for later, hmm?
我等会再吃
-Betty: Megan, I just want you to know
米根 我只是想告诉你
That if you need any help at all on your article,
如果你在写作上有任何困难
I'm here for you.
我都会帮助你的
Research, calls, anything-- Name it, I'm your girl.
research: 调研
调研啊 电话啊 任何事情 说一声 我就来帮你
-Mee-gan: Oh, my god. That's so sweet.
哦 天啊 你真是太好了
-Betty: Matt. Matt, I made you a muffin,
马特 马特 我给你做了松饼
And I was thinking maybe we could talk,
我想我们能不能谈谈
You know, about us.
关于我们俩的
-Matt: Betty, not at work.
贝蒂 现在是工作时间
-Betty: Was that my nephew?
nephew: 外甥
那不是我的外甥吗
-Marc: Sorry. I have to take this. Hello?
抱歉 我得接这个电话 你好
-Betty: Hi, Marc. It's Betty.
喂 马克 我是贝蒂
-Marc: That's a muffin.
那是个松饼
You can't call a tape dispenser with a muffin.
tape dispenser: 胶带座
你不能用松饼给透明胶带打电话
-Betty: Yes, you can. I just did, and you answered.
我当然可以 我这不是打通了吗 你都接了
-Marc: Bee boos beep! We're sorry.
Bee boos beep: 【电话忙音】
(电话忙音) 很抱歉
Your call has been disconnected.
disconnect: 断开
您拨叫的号码链接不上
-Betty: Marc, I know you hate me,
马克 我知道你恨我
But can't you just answer one simple question? I...
simple: 简单的
但你就不能回答我一个简单的问题吗 我...
-Marc: Walnuts.
walnuts: 核桃
这里面有核桃
-Hilda: Justin was talking to Marc? About what?
贾斯廷去找小马说话 说什么
-Betty: I don't know why Justin was here talking to Marc.
我不知道为什么贾斯廷要找小马
Marc's throat closed up before he could tell me.
throat: 喉咙 close up: 关闭【这里指嗓子卡住】
他在告诉我之前 喉咙卡住了
-Hilda: Convenient.
convenient: 方便的
这招不错
-Betty: No, not convenient.
他不是故意的
He was allergic to the walnuts Papi put in my muffins.
allergic: 过敏
他对爸爸放在松饼里的核桃过敏
-Hilda: And he didn't say anything to you before?
喉咙卡住之前 他什么都没说吗
I thought you were gonna win him over.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) win over: 取得胜利
我认为你想赢他
-Betty: it didn't work.
没有用的
No one liked my muffins,
没人喜欢我的松饼
I don't know why Justin was here, and I'm sorry. Good-bye.
我也不知道贾斯廷为什么会在这 抱歉 拜拜
-Claire: I miss him, too.
我也很想他
-Betty: Hi.
你好
-Claire: I.
你好
How are you doing, Betty?
近况如何 贝蒂
-Betty: I'm fine.
我很好
-Claire: Mm, yes, starting a new job working for your ex-boyfriend.
ex-boyfriend: 前男友
对啊 开始了新工作上司是前男友
I can see how that would leave you... Fine.
我理解你为什么会感觉良好
-Betty: Well, I will be fine.
我会好的
I just need to... Find some allies.
allies: 伙伴
就是少了 伙伴
-Claire: And how's that going?
那你找到了吗
-Betty: Put Marc in the hospital.
小马被我放倒了 进了医院
-Claire: That was you?
原来是你干的
-Betty: Not on purpose.
on purpose: 故意
我不是故意的
-Claire: What about Matt?
那马特呢
-Betty: He's just been so cold.
他对我好冷漠
It makes me wonder if he ever really had feelings for me to begin with.
我都怀疑 他对我曾经是否真的
-Claire: He wouldn't be here if he didn't.
如果他没有对你动心的话他不会在这
Trust me.
trust: 信任
相信我
I know a thing or two about Hartleys.
我很了解哈特利家的男人
-Betty: Well, he doesn't want to talk to me about it,
他连谈都不愿意和我谈一下
So it really doesn't make a difference.
make a difference: 有关系
我想是没戏了
-Claire: Those feelings are still there.
他感觉犹存 深埋心底
You just have to find a way to bring them out.
bring out: 唤醒
你只需要想法把他唤醒
-Matt: What are you doing?
你这是干嘛
-Betty: Jogging in the park.
jog: 跑步
在公园跑步
-Matt: you're wearing heels.
heels: 高跟鞋
你穿着高跟鞋
-Betty: Yeah, I gotta get to work later,
gotta: 必须(等于have got to)
是的,我稍后要去上班
And my new boss hates it when I'm late.
迟到的话 新老板就不高兴了
Matt, you don't want to talk about us when we're at work.
马特 工作的时候你不想谈我们的事
We're not at work.
我们现在没在工作
-Matt: There's nothing to talk about.
没有什么可谈的
-Betty: I know you're hurt,
hurt: 伤心
我知道你很伤心
you're the one who took the job as my boss at "Mode."
但你接下了《风尚》工作 当我的老板
-Matt: So?
那又怎样
-Betty: So tell me that had nothing to do with me.
have nothing to do with: 与…无关
究竟是否与我有关
-Matt: Look, what do you want?
你想要我怎么样
You want me to tell you I took the job
你想听我说 我接下工作 是因为
Because I still have feelings for you? Because I don't.
feeling: 感觉
我还对你有感觉吗 我对你没感觉了
Wait, wait, wait. What are you doing?
打住 打住 你这是干什么
-Betty: I don't know.
我不知道
-Matt: You kissed me.
你亲了我
-Betty: Because you said you don't have feelings for me.
因为你说你对我没感觉了
-Matt: I don't.
真的没了
-Betty: I don't believe you.
我不信
Matt, I think you are doing this to hurt me,
马特 我想你这么做是为了报复我
All because of some stupid moment that meant nothing.
stupid: 愚蠢的
就因为一件毫无意义的蠢事
I don't know how else to apologize for what happened with Henry.
apologize for: 道歉
为亨利的那件事我都不知道要怎样道歉了
-Matt: Look, I can't do this. Please.
我没心思听你讲
-Hilda: What were you doing at "Mode" the other day?
你那天去《风尚》做什么
-Justin: Who told you that?
谁告诉你的
-Hilda: I ran into Naomi Campbell on Roosevelt Boulevard.
Roosevelt Boulevard: 罗斯福大道
我在罗斯福大道遇见纳奥米·坎贝尔(超级名模)
She said she saw you there.
她说在《风尚》看见你
So...
那么
What were you talking to Marc about?
你去和小马说什么事
-Justin: I spilled low fat dressing on my new shirt.
spill: 流出 low fat: 低脂 dressing: 调味品
我把低脂调味料弄在新衬衣上了
It was ruined. I didn't want to tell you
ruin: 毁坏
衣服毁了 我不想告诉你
Because you spent so much money on it,
因为衣服太贵了
So Marc got me another one.
小马帮我弄了件新的
-Hilda: Honey, you could have told me that.
宝贝 你可以给我说的
Anyway, it wasn't that expensive.
而且那衣服也不是那么贵
It was an irregular,
irregular: 次品
是次品
So there was something wrong with the stitching.
stitching: 缝合
缝纫有点问题
-Justin: Yeah, I saw that, but I still liked it.
我也发现了 但是还是很喜欢
-Hilda: You.
你啊
Such a good kid.
真是个乖儿子
-Wilhelmina: Marc! What happened to you yesterday?
小马 你昨天怎么了
-Marc: I'm sorry. I had an allergic reaction,
allergic reaction: 过敏反应
抱歉 吃松饼过敏了
And I had to go to the emergency room.
emergency room: 急救室
去了急救室
I would have told you about it, but my throat closed shut.
throat: 喉咙 shut: 卡住的
本来想告诉你的 但是喉咙卡住了
-Wilhelmina: Well, in the future, do it on your own time.
下次发病的话 休息时间再去急救
I need to hydrate.
hydrate: 水合物
我要补水
-Marc: So I've been too scared to ask,
scared: 害怕
我想问又不敢问
But how did the meeting go with Hartley and the hag?
hag: 老太婆
你跟哈特利和那个老太婆的会议怎么样
-Wilhelmina: They want to keep me on.
他们想留下我
-Marc: Well, that's the best news I've heard in days...
这是这几天最好的消息了
After, "you're going to live."
除了医生说 "你死不了"
-Wilhelmina: Oh, please. Daniel can't run this magazine by himself.
run: 经营
那当然 丹尼尔一个人哪能经营这本杂志
They're just buying time till they can lure
lure: 引诱
他们只是争取时间 直到他们能挖到
The only other person in the world that can do what I do -- Isabelle Besset, French "Elle."
这世界上唯一一个能与我匹敌的人伊莎贝尔·贝赛特 法国版Elle主编
I checked. They've been trading calls.
check: 检查 trade: 交换
我查过了 他们在互相通话
-Marc: That's not good news.
这可不妙
What are we going to do?
那我们怎么办
-Wilhelmina: Oh, I don't know.
我不知道
Oh, stop spritzing. I don't always have a plan, you know.
spritz: 喷
别喷了 我不是总有法子的
-Marc: Hello?
喂
-Wilhelmina: Marc.
小马
I don't want you answering my cell phone anymore.
cell phone: 手机
以后不用你帮我接手机电话了
-Marc: It was just a call from your apartment.
apartment: 公寓
是你公寓的电话
-Wilhelmina: Yes. And I would like my privacy respected...
privacy: 隐私
是的 我希望你尊重我的隐私
Starting now.
从现在开始
-Marc: She's keeping secrets from me.
secret: 秘密
她对我有秘密
-Mandy: Who?
谁
-Marc: Wilhelmina.
威廉敏娜
-Mandy: Oh, I'm sorry. I wasn't really listening.
对不起,我没有在听
-Marc: She obviously has someone in that apartment that she doesn't want me to knowabout.
obviously: 显然 apartment: 公寓
她公寓里肯定藏着其他人有事情她不想让我知道
Maybe it's a guy she's having a torrid affair with.
torrid: 热情的 affair:(尤指关系不长久的)风流韵事
也许只是个她热恋的男人
Now she tells me she's being pushed out of "mode,"
push out: 排挤出
她说现在她要被排挤出《风尚》了
And she doesn't have a plan.
她还没想到办法
She expect me believe that
她希望我相信这个
-Mandy: maybe she's running away with the guy she's having a torrid affair with.
run away: 私奔
可能和那个她热恋的男人远走高飞了
-Marc: Maybe I can join them.
join: 加入
我也想和他们一起去
The only person she ever felt that way about...
唯一让她那么想的人
Oh, my lady gaga.
gaga: 疯疯癫癫的
天啊 我的芙蓉姐姐
Mandy, you're brilliant.
brilliant: 有才气的
曼迪 你太天才了
-Mandy: You take that back. I'm beautiful.
收回你的话 我是美丽姐姐
-Marc: It's Connor.
那是康纳
She's hiding him...
hide: 隐藏
她在公寓里
In her apartment.
藏的人是他
And he's already asked her to run away with him once.
他以前就曾要她随之远走高飞
And now she has no reason to stay.
现在她一定去意已决
What if she actually does it this time?
actually: 实际上
要是她这次真的走了怎么办
If she's out... Then I'm out.
如果她出去了,那我也出去
-Mandy: Who?
谁
-Marc: Wilhelmina.
威廉敏娜
-Mandy: I'm sorry. I told you, I wasn't really listening.
真抱歉 我说过的 我没在听
Start from the beginning.
从头说
-Betty: Daniel! Oh, my god!
丹尼尔 天啊
I was just thinking about calling you.
我正想要给你打电话
Are you back? Are you okay?
你怎么样 怎么样
-Daniel: Sort of. I'm having a bit of an issue here at the airport.
sort of: 稍稍 a bit of: 有点 issue: 问题 airport: 机场
还行 我在机场出了点小问题
-Betty: So you may be on some terrorist watch list for now,
terrorist: 恐怖分子 list: 名单
现在你可能只是暂时在恐怖分子监控名单上
But they're not gonna press charges.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) press charge: 指控
但他们是不会指控的
-Daniel: Press charges.
指控
I should press charges. Betty, they lost my wife.
我应该提出指控 他们把我妻子弄丢了
-Betty: Daniel, weren't you gonna spread her ashes at the Jokhang Temple?
spread: 撒 ashes: 骨灰 temple: 庙
丹尼尔你不是要把她的骨灰洒在大昭寺的吗
-Daniel: I did, but I decided to keep some of the ashes.
我是洒了但我决定留一点
But then they made me check the urn, and they lost her.
urn: 骨灰瓮
但他们让我再检查一下骨灰瓮结果他们把它弄丢了
They lost half my wife.
他们把我半个妻子弄丢了
-Betty: But they found her. You have the urn. It's okay.
但他们找到了 你拿到了骨灰瓮 没事了
Daniel, I know you want to stay at Molly's apartment, but...
apartment: 公寓
丹尼尔 我知道你想要住在莫莉的公寓
Is that really the best idea?
但这样好吗
-Daniel: Look, it's fine.
没事的
My apartment's on the market. I need a place to stay.
我的公寓正在出售 我得有个地方待
Besides, I have to go through her things anyway.
而且我还要整理她的东西
-Betty: All right. If you think it's okay.
好吧 如果你觉得没事的话
-Daniel: Enough about me.
那样就够了
I want to hear about how things have been going.
我想听听最近发生了什么
How's life as an editor?
editor: 编辑
做编辑的日子怎么样
-Betty: Great. Really great. Good. It's good.
很好 非常好
-Daniel: You are a bad liar.
liar: 撒谎
你一向撒不来谎
-Betty: I know.
我知道的
But I'm not gonna complain about my problems to you.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) complain: 抱怨
但我不会向你抱怨的 那是我的问题
-Daniel: Betty, trust me.
贝蒂 相信我
It's a relief to hear about somebody else's problems.
relief: 解脱
听听别人的麻烦也是一种解脱
-Betty: So he barely speaks to me-- Thank you--and then my pitch
barely: 几乎不 pitch: 音高
他基本都不和我说话 谢谢 然后
Gets turned into something completely different, which he decides to give to Megan.Wait.
turn into: 变成 completely: 完全
我的提议变得面目全非他还把这个交给米根去做
-Daniel: I can't believe that spoiled little bastard
spoiled: 被宠坏的 bastard: 混蛋
真不敢相信这个娇生惯养的混蛋
Gave it to Megan.
交给米根处理
Did you talk to Wilhelmina or my mom?
你和威廉敏娜或是我妈妈说了吗
-Betty: No. No. I don't have to do that.
不 我没必要这么做
And it's not just matt, Daniel.
而且不只是马特 丹尼尔
It's like everybody hates me.
好像人人都讨厌我
-Daniel: Oh, you can turn that around.
turn around: 逆转
你会扭转局面的
Maybe it's gonna be like your first year at "mode."
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
这可能就像你在《风尚》的第一年
Used to make fun of you?
make fun of: 开玩笑
大家经常嘲笑你
They even started that blog about you
blog: 博客
他们甚至开了个关于你的博客
-Betty: What blog?
什么博客
-Daniel: You know, the one about your outfits.
outfits: 一套衣服
你知道的 关于你的衣服打扮的那个
The one where they took pictures of you every day?
他们把你每天的照片传上去的那个
You have to know about this.
你得看看那个博客
Oh, boy.
天啊
-Betty: Oh, my god.
我的天
They've been doing this since my first day at "mode"
我在《风尚》的第一天他们就做了这个
And nobody told me?
而且没人告诉我
-Daniel: Betty, I just kinda thought you knew.
kinda: =kind of有点
贝蒂 我还以为你知道的
-Betty: Well, I love that outfit.
我喜欢这身打扮
-Daniel: Yeah, I-I love that one, too.
我也喜欢这个
-Betty: Uh, okay, maybe that one was a mistake.
穿这个确实是个错误
-Daniel: You know what? Don't worry about it.
别担心了
You survived that. You're gonna survive this.
survive: 从…中坚持过来 gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
以前的你都挺过来了 这次的你也能
-Betty: How?
怎么挺
-Daniel: Well, doing what you always do.
该干啥就干啥
Focus on your work; show them you're a team player.
focus on: 关注
聚精会神 让他们瞧瞧你的团队意识
-Betty: I am. I tried to help Megan
我是这么做的 我想要帮米根
Find a take on her insect jewelry piece.
insect: 昆虫 jewelry: 珠宝
给她的昆虫首饰材料找点素材
She didn't like any of my ideas. I love that belt.
belt: 腰带
她不喜欢我的想法 我喜欢这条腰带
-Daniel: Insect jewelry?
昆虫首饰
So Molly found this in some antique shop a while back.
antique: 古董 a while back: 前阵子
莫莉以前在一间古董店里找到的
Turns out it's worth a lot of money.
好象这个很值钱
-Betty: Olivia?
奥莉维亚
-Daniel: Yeah, it's, uh, Olivia Guillemette.
是奥莉维亚.吉尔麦特
She was big in the ‘60s; she's kind of a recluse now.
recluse: 隐居者
她在60年代很有名 现在隐居了
But I bet a resourceful writer/editor
bet: 打赌 resourceful: 足智多谋的
应该是个足智多谋的作家或是编辑
-Betty: Thank you, Daniel.
谢谢,Daniel
I'm really glad you're back. I missed you.
真高兴你回来的 想死你了
-Daniel: I missed you, too, Betty.
我也想你 贝蒂
-Betty: Did you really have to bookmark that blog?
bookmark: 收藏夹 blog: 博客
你真的把那个博客加到收藏夹了吗
-Marc: No, that's so cool. I can't believe it.
不 那很棒 真不敢相信
Well, the doctors overseas are always better.
oversea: 国外
国外的医生总是更好
Willie, how come you didn't tell me that your daughter was back in town?
威威 你的女儿回来了你怎么能不告诉我呢
How much do we love Nico's new nose?
nose: 鼻子
你觉得妮可做的新鼻子怎么样
Hon-honestly, it took my breath away.
说实话 简直让我难以呼吸(双关)
-Betty: Are you Olivia?
你是奥莉维亚吗
-Olivia: Shh. You're just in time.
嘘 你来的正好
Come in quickly or you'll miss it.
quickly: 很快地
快进来 不然就看不到了
Hurry up. Quick. Come on.
hurry up: 赶快
快点 快 进来
-Marc: Uh, Willie, I have to ask you a question.
威姐 我得问你个问题
Are you mad at me?
mad at: 生气
你生我的气了吗
-Wilhelmina: No more than usual.
和平常差不多
-Marc: Oh, I just don't understand
我就是不明白
Why you felt you had to hide Nico from me.
hide: 隐藏
你为什么不想让我看到妮可呢
I need to know that you still trust me.
我想知道 你是否还信任我
-Wilhelmina: Don't we have an agreement not to discuss your needs?
agreement: 协议
我们不是有过协议的吗 不讨论你的需要
-Marc: Yes, of course. It's just...
是的 当然 只不过
You'd not believe some of the scenarios I came up with
scenario: 情节 come up with: 提出
你肯定不知道我的原本猜测
About whom you were hiding here.
你藏了什么人
At one point, I even thought it was Connor.
我一度以为是康纳
-Wilhelmina: Well, there is something that I haven't told you.
确实有些事我没告诉你
Uh, and it's not about Nico. It's about Connor.
而且不是妮可的事 是关于康纳的
-Marc: I knew it.
我就知道
-Wilhelmina: I knew you knew it.
我知道你知道了
I hired a bounty hunter to track him down
hire: 雇佣 bounty: 赏金 track down: 追捕
我雇了一个赏金猎人去追捕他
So I could take back the money he stole from Meade In order to use it to buy out Hartley.
in order to: 为了
这样我就能拿回他从米德偷的钱好买下哈特利的股份
-Marc: But Hartley's got his snout all up in Claire's spanx.
snout: 鼻子
但哈特利完全是绕着克莱尔打转
He's not gonna sell his shares of Meade to you.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to) shares: 股份
他不可能把米德的股份卖给你
-Wilhelmina: Well, he won't know it's me. I'll use an intermediary.
intermediary: 中间人
他不会知道是我 我会找中间人
Oh, Marc...
马克
You think this is my first extortion/secret takeover?
extortion: 敲诈 takeover: 收购
你以为我是第一次敲诈或是秘密收购吗
Please.
拜托
-Marc: Right. Of course.
是啊 没错
-Wilhelmina: So I'm--I'm sorry I left you out of it; sometimes I feel I need to protect youfrom these things.
真抱歉我不让你知道但有时候 我想让你远离这种事
-Marc: Oh, well, thank you.
好吧 谢谢你
But--but no more secrets, right?
但不会再有秘密了是吧
-Wilhelmina: No more secrets. Promise.
没有秘密了我保证
-Marc: Okay.
好吧
-Wilhelmina: Well, now that Marc knows you're back,
现在马克知道了你回来了
People are gonna start to find out.
gonna:(美)将要(等于going to)
人们也会知道的
We have to act like everything is normal. You understand?
normal: 平常的
我们得装做什么都没发生 明白吗
Sweetheart?
sweetheart: 爱人
宝贝
-Nico: I'm scared.
scared: 害怕的
我好害怕
-Wilhelmina: What are you doing here?
你怎么在这儿
-Nico: I think I'm in trouble.
我想我有大麻烦了
-Wilhelmina: Don't worry.
别担心
I will take care of everything.
我会料理好一切的
-Betty: I've never seen a butterfly come out of its cocoon before.
butterfly: 蝴蝶 cocoon: 茧
我以前从来没见过一只蝴蝶破茧而出
-Olivia: Everyone talks about the miracle of birth.
miracle: 奇迹
人人都说生命是个奇迹
I think rebirth is even more of a miracle.
rebirth: 重生
我认为重生更像是个奇迹
-Betty: Mm. It looks like he's struggling.
struggle: 挣扎
看起来他在挣扎
-Olivia: Oh, he can handle it.
handle: 处理
他能行的
I suspect that caterpillars stay in their cocoons
caterpillar: 【昆】毛毛虫
我猜毛虫在蛹里面待的时间
A little longer than they really need to.
比他需要的要长些
It's gotta be scary
gotta: 必须(等于have got to)
惊天地 泣鬼神
To change into a whole new thing.
他一定很害怕
-Betty: He's so beautiful.
真漂亮
But the caterpillar is just... gone.
但那个毛虫 就不再有了
-Olivia: Oh, he's still in there.
他依然存在
Other people see the wings and colors.
wing: 翅膀
有些人看到是翅膀缤纷的色彩
I'll always see the caterpillar.
caterpillar: 毛虫
我看到的始终是那只毛毛虫
-Betty: thank you so much for letting me see that. That's amazing.
amazing: 惊奇的事
谢谢你让我看到了那么美妙的事
-Olivia: Mm. I think so, too.
我也觉得
That's why I invited everybody to watch.
所以我请所有人都来看
-Betty: Everybody?
所有人
Mm-hmm.
是呀
-Betty: Oh.
噢
-Olivia: Unfortunately, I have now got to get everybody back into their house.
unfortunately: 不幸地
不幸的是我现在要请"所有人" 回到它们的房子里去
I'll need some help.
我需要有人帮我
-Betty: So anyway, the reason I came was to talk to you about a-a feature that "mode"magazine.
feature: 专题 magazine: 杂志
无论如何 我来是想和你谈谈
关于风尚杂志的一个专栏
-Olivia: Careful.
小心
You don't want to tip over the tarantulas.
tip over: 使翻倒 tarantula: 狼蛛
你不会想把手伸到狼蛛嘴边吧
-Betty: Ugh. You are correct.
呃 你说的没错
I thought that we could focus the feature on your insect jewelry.
focus: 关注 feature: 专栏 insect: 昆虫 jewelry: 珠宝
我觉得我们做一期专题是关于你制作的昆虫珠宝
-Olivia: Shh!
嘘
It's on your shoulder.
shoulder: 肩膀
在你肩膀上有一只
-Betty: A tarantula?
tarantula: 狼蛛
狼蛛吗
-Olivia: A butterfly.
butterfly: 蝴蝶
蝴蝶
Hold very still.
千万别动
I think they're attracted by the color of your clothes.
attract: 吸引
我觉得是你衣服的颜色把它们吸引住了
-Betty: Really?
真的吗
This is kind of tame for me.
tame: 驯服的
我有点受宠若惊了
-Olivia: Mm. All right. Very still.
好了 尽量不要动
Oh, now... You follow me...
现在 你跟我来
Back to the butterfly house.
回到蝴蝶室
Careful.
小心
There you go.
就是这样
Now shake.
现在摇一摇
-Betty: We did it.
我们做到了
-Olivia: They like you.
它们喜欢你
Now what did you want to talk about?
现在 你想谈什么呢
-Betty: These are for you.
这些是给你的
And here you go.
还有这个
-Mee-gan: Oh, my god. Olivia?
我的天哪 奥莉维亚
I thought she was dead.
我以为她已经死了
-Betty: Nope, she's alive, and a very fascinating woman who would make a wonderfulsubject for your feature.
nope: 【口语】【表示否定的回答】不,不是(=no) wonderful: 完美的 subject: 主题 feature: 专栏
没有 她还活着 而且光彩照人还会为你的专题制作完美的首饰
-Mee-gan: What do you want?
你想要什么
-Betty: Nothing.
没什么
-Mee-gan: Are you trying to steal my story?
你想要偷走我的创意吗
-Betty: No, I was trying to help. Take it or leave it.
没有 我只是想要帮忙 要不要随你
Shoot.
shoot: 【口语】呸!胡说
该死的
-Matt: Here.
给
-Betty: Thank you.
谢谢
-Matt: Betty.
贝蒂
Those muffins you made were really good.
muffin: 松饼
你做的松饼真的很好吃
-Hilda: Hello!
你好啊
Hi. There you are.
嗨 你还好吗
-Marc: Ah! Betty's younger sister.
啊 贝蒂的小妹妹
-Hilda: Oh, oh. Well, thank you for the part of that
噢 好吧 谢谢你那么说
That complimented me,
compliment: 恭维
过奖 过奖
But watch it for the part
但是小心点
That slammed my sister. Yeah?
slam: 贬低
你同时也贬低了我妹妹 明白吗
Listen, I came here to thank you for helping Justin out with the shirt yesterday.
听着 我来是想谢谢你昨天帮贾斯廷那衬衫的事
-Marc: Oh.
没什么
-Hilda: Yeah, but I want to pay you for it, all right?
但是我想把钱还给你 行吧
-Marc: Okay. It was $400.
行 一共400刀
-Hilda: What?
什么
-Marc: It was free.
free: 免费的
是不要钱的
I called the design house, told them it was a Jonas.
我打电话给设计师说是乔纳斯兄弟中的一个
They sent one right over. Keep your money.
他们马上就送了一件过来 把钱收起来吧
-Hilda: Oh... That's good, because, you know,
噢 那很好嘛 你知道
This check bond is so hard.
check: 支票 bond: 结合
钱夹太紧了 太难拿钱出来了
Anyway, thank you so much for helping Justin out.
不管怎么说还是要谢谢你帮贾斯廷解围
-Marc: Oh, yeah.
噢 没什么
Well, it's hard for a kid when he gets pushed around like that.
kid: 孩子 push: 推
毕竟他也不容易 还是个孩子还要受人欺负
-Hilda: Yeah. Wait. What did you say?
是呀 等一下 你说什么
-Marc: Wait. What did you say?
等一下 你刚说什么
-Hilda: Someone's pushing my son around?
有人欺负我儿子
-Marc: No. No.
不是 不是
Okay, obviously, he didn't want you to know about it,
obviously: 显然
好吧 很明显他不想让你知道
So you have to pretend like I didn't tell you.
pretend: 假装
所以你要假装我没有告诉你
-Hilda: I'm not pretending anything.
我才不会假装
If someone is pushing my son around, I need to know.
如果有人欺负我儿子 我必须知道
Why--why did he lie to me?
为什么他要骗我
-Marc: Uh, well, because you're his mother.
呃 因为你是他妈妈
And I speak from experience-- It is really hard for a boy to admit something like that to hismother.
experience: 经验 admit: 承认
以我的经验来说男生要向妈妈承认这种事是挺困难的
-Hilda: No, not Justin.
贾斯廷不会
We are like this.
我们的关系是像这样
-Marc: Clearly.
看得出来
-Hilda: the next time he comes to you with something like this,
听着 下次他再跟你说有人欺负他
I would appreciate it if you sent him right home to me.
appreciate: 感激
我希望你能把他直接送回家交给我
-Marc: But...
但是
-Hilda: I'm not asking.
这不是请求
-Marc: Okay. But--mm
好的 但是
-Justin: Thanks for inviting me to have lunch with you.
invite: 邀请
谢谢你请我跟你一起吃中饭
It feels so good to have someone to talk to.
真高兴有人聊天
-Betty: Trust me. I feel the same way.
相信我 我也这么觉得
-Justin: It's been a rough week.
rough: 艰苦的
这个礼拜太痛苦了
Remember last year when everyone was like, Change, yay. Obama. Change?
我还记得去年所有人都说变革 万岁 奥巴马 变革
This year, change sucks.
sucks: 差劲
今年 变得烂透了
-Betty: Justin, I am so sorry that high school's been rough.
贾斯廷 我知道你的高中生活不好过
Trust me. I know exactly what that feels like.
exactly: 正是
相信我 我绝对明白那是什么滋味
I wish I could do something to help.
我希望我能做点什么
-Justin: Are you kidding? You're already doing it.
kidding: 开玩笑
你开玩笑吗 你已经做了
I saw Heidi Klum on the way in.
我进来的时候看到了海蒂·克拉姆
-Betty: Oh, actually, that was Monica—
actually: 实际上
那个其实是莫妮卡
-Justin: Don't ruin my moment. It was Heidi Klum.
ruin: 破坏
别毁了我的兴致 那个是海蒂·克拉姆
-Betty: Heidi looks amazing.
amazing: 好极了
海蒂看起美极了
Can you believe she's had three children?
你能相信她已经有三个孩子了吗
-Justin: I know.
我知道
-Mee-gan: Hey. Some of us are eating over there.
嘿 我们几个人坐在那边
Come join if you want.
要不要一起
-Justin: Is that Meg-an?
那个是梅根吗
-Betty: Mee-gan, yeah.
是米根 没错
But I'm having lunch with you.
但是我会和你一起吃午餐的
-Justin: Are you kidding? You're so stupid.
stupid: 愚蠢的
你在开玩笑吗 还是你太蠢了
Why would you not go eat with them?
为什么不去和她们一起吃
They're the popular table,
她们才是受欢迎的那群人
And you won't get a second invite.
invite: 邀请
而且你不会收到第二次邀请了
-Betty: Justin, I am not abandoning you.
abandon: 抛弃
贾斯廷 我不会抛弃你的
-Justin: Well, then I'm abandoning you. Bye.
那我抛弃你好了 拜拜
Hey, Marc. What are you up to?
嗨 马克 你干吗去
-Marc: Is she still here?
她还在这里吗
Is this a... test?
这不是一个考验吗
-Justin: What are you talking about?
你在说什么
I want to see if you want to go grab lunch or something.
我只是想问你要不要去吃点午饭什么的
-Marc: Well, first of all, I had fries last night,
fries: 炸薯条
首先 我昨天晚上吃的薯条
So there'll be no lunch today,
所以我今天不能吃午饭了
And 2nd, tu mama just scared the "hey-soos" out of me.
scared: 害怕的
第二 你妈妈刚刚吓得我魂都没了
-Justin: My mother? What are you talking about?
我妈 你在说什么
-Marc: She was just here, and she was very clear about me not talking to you.
她刚来过了 还命令我不能再和你说话了
So I'm sorry.
很抱歉
You probably shouldn't come around anymore.
probably: 可能
也许你不应该再来这边转了
Hasta luego.
Hasta luego: (西班牙语)迟些见
再见咯
-Mee-gan: When you first showed up, I didn't think I would like you.
第一次见你的时候 我没觉得我会喜欢你
-Betty: yeah, I could kinda tell.
我大概能猜到
-Mee-gan: I just thought you'd gotten the job as a courtesy
courtesy: 好意
我以为你得到这份工作是特殊照顾
Because you were Daniel's assistant,
assistant: 助理
因为你是丹尼尔的助理
Not because you were talented.
talented: 有才华的
而不是因为你有才华
-Betty: Oh. Wow. Okay.
噢 好吧
-Mee-gan: Look, I take the title "editor" pretty seriously,
title: 标题 editor: 编辑 pretty: 非常的 seriously: 认真的
我对待编辑这份工作很认真
But I can see, you do, too.
但是我看得出来你也是
-Betty: Hmm. Thanks, Megan.
谢谢 米根
-Amanda: Hey, skinny bitches... and Betty.
skinny: 紧身的 bitch: 泼妇
嗨 小腰精们 还有贝蒂
Emergency meeting in the conference room,
emergency: 紧急的 conference: 会议
在会议室召开紧急会议
Fire in the hole, chippity chop chop chop--All departments.
fire in the hole: 小心手雷(反恐精英中扔手雷时的音效)chop: 急速的 department: 部门
动作麻利 行动起来 快快快 所有部门
-Betty: Wait. Amanda, what?
等一下 阿曼达 什么事
-Amanda: Daniel's back.
丹尼尔回来了
-Daniel: Hello, everybody.
大家好
Thank you so much for cutting your lunches short.
谢谢你们提前结束午餐时间
I appreciate all the hard work
appreciate: 感激
我很感激你们在我不在的时候
You’ve been doing while I've been gone,
也努力工作
But I'm back now, and unfortunately,
unfortunately: 不幸的
现在我回来了不幸的是
There are some things going on that I just don't like.
你们一些做事的方法我不喜欢
First of all, the feature piece on insect jewelry—
feature: 专题 insect: 昆虫 jewelry: 珠宝
首先 昆虫珠宝的专题
It was a pitch started from Betty.
pitch: 主意
最先是贝蒂的主意
It was taken away from her and given to Megan.
take away from: 带走
但是却被交给了米根
I know you're new here, Matt,
我知道你是刚来的 马特
But that's not the way we do things.
但是我们不是这样做事情
So effective immediately, the story goes back to Betty.
effective: 有效的 immediately: 立刻的
所以专题还给贝蒂做 即刻生效
Sorry, Megan.
抱歉 米根
词汇解析:Lemontree 校对:Fanny



评 论


