生活大爆炸 第五季第5集 The Big Bang Theory Season 5 Episode 7
-Sheldon: And reverse the spin on the antiproton...
reverse: 反转,倒转 spin: 旋转,自旋 antiproton: 反质子,负质子
反转反质子的旋转方向...
and gamma becomes alpha...
γ变成了α...
multiplied by a matrix of negative I comma zero...
multiply: 乘,使相乘 matrix: (数学用语)矩阵 negative: 负的 comma: 逗号
乘以一个(i ,0)的负矩阵...
and there we have it.
然后就得出结论
Conclusive proof that I am absolutely worthless
conclusive: 最后的,确定性的 proof: 证明,验证 absolutely: 绝对地,完全地 worthless: 无价值的,无用的
完全证明了我在九点以后
after 9:00.
就变废材了
-Ghost: Sheldon...
Sheldon啊...
Sheldon...
Sheldon啊...
-Sheldon: Hmm.
嗯
All right, all right.
好吧,好吧
I see what's going on.
我知道是怎么回事
A little pre-Halloween hijinkery.
pre-: …之前 Halloween: 万圣节 hijinkery: (high jinks的变形)胡闹,狂欢作乐
一个万圣节小把戏的预演
A ghostly moan,
ghostly: 幽灵般的,可怕的 moan: 呻吟,悲叹
幽灵的呻吟声
a rattling of chains,
ratting: 咔嗒咔嗒的,格格作响的 chain: 链条
格格作响的铁链声
a witch's cackle.
witch: 巫婆,女巫 cackle: 尖笑,格格的笑
女巫的怪笑声
The trifecta of haunted house clichés.
trifecta: (赛马赌博的)三连胜式 haunt: 出没,萦绕 haunted: 闹鬼的 haunted house: 鬼屋,凶宅 clichés: 陈腐的,老一套的
鬼屋里的老三样
Instead of "Eek," I say, "Yawn."
instead of: 而不是 eek: 呀(表突然的惊恐) yawn: 哈欠
我可不会被吓到,我都快打瞌睡了
-Ghost: Sheldon...
Sheldon啊...
-Sheldon: Oh, the walls are dripping blood,
drip: 滴下,漏下,溢出 blood: 血液
哦,墙壁在滴血
which looks nothing like a phenolphthalein indicator
look: 看起来 phenolphthalein: 酚酞 indicator: 指示剂
看起来真是一点都不像是酚酞
exposed to a sodium carbonate solution.
expose: 显示 sodium: 钠 carbonate: 碳酸盐,碳酸根 solution: 溶液
在碳酸钠溶液中的颜色
See you in hell Sheldon.
hell: 地狱,阴间
地狱见,Sheldon
The most frightening thing about that is the missing comma.
frightening: 可怕的,令人恐惧的 missing: 缺少的,漏掉的
这句话最恐怖的就是少了逗号
Ah.
啊
Okay, all right.
好吧,好吧
That one was clever.
这个还算不错
Skeleton with phosphorous on a zip line.
skeleton: 骨架,骨骼 phosphorous: 含磷的,发磷光的 zip line: 绳索
用吊索牵引着发磷光的骨头架子
Come on out, merry pranksters.
merry: 嬉戏作乐的 prankster: 恶作剧的人,开玩笑的人
出来吧,捣蛋鬼们
Take a bow.
bow: 鞠躬 take a bow: 谢幕
谢幕了
-Rajesh: You should've seen your face.
你真该看看你刚才的表情
-Sheldon: Yes, there's nothing quite like
是啊,根本就没有那种
the slightly widened eyes of mildly startled.
slightly: 些微地,轻微地 widen: 放宽,【睁大,瞪大】 mildly: 轻微地 startle: 惊愕,惊恐
被吓到了睁大眼睛的惊恐表情
-Howard: Come on, admit it. We got you, Sheldon.
come on: 算了吧,得了吧 admit: 承认
得了吧,承认吧,我们吓到你了,Sheldon
-Sheldon: Please, fright depends on an element of surprise.
depend: 依赖,取决于 element: 元素,要素 surprise: 惊讶,诧异
拜托,受惊是要建立在意外的基础上
The simple fact is,
而事实是
because I am much smarter than you,
smart: 聪明的,精明的
因为我比你们聪明得多
and able to anticipate your actions, it is highly unlikely
able to: 能够,可以 anticipate: 预见,预估 highly: 非常,相当 unlikely: 不可能
而且能够预估你们的行为,所以
that you two rubes could ever surprise me.
rube: 乡巴佬,土包子
你们两个乡巴佬想吓到我是基本不可能的
-Rajesh: He's probably right.
也许他是对的
-Howard: We can't beat him. He's just too smart.
beat: 打败
我们搞不过他,他太聪明了
-Sheldon: Gentlemen.
先生们
Ah~~~
啊~~~
-Howard: Who had money on "faints"?
faint: 晕厥,昏倒
谁赌他“晕倒”?
-Rajesh: I had "pee his pants."
pee: 撒尿 pants: 裤子
我押了"尿裤子"
-Leonard: Hang on.
hang on: 稍等片刻
等下
Looks like everyone's a winner.
looks like: 好像,貌似 winner: 胜利者,赢家
貌似我们都猜对了
“Our whole universe was in a hot, dense state
whole: 整体,全部 universe: 宇宙 hot: 热的 dense: 稠密的 state: 状态
“宇宙一度又烫又稠密
Then nearly 14 billion years ago expansion started... Wait!
nearly: 差不多 billion: 十亿 ago: …以前 expansion: 膨胀,爆炸 start: 开始
140亿年前终于爆了炸... 等着瞧!
The Earth began to cool
begin: 开始 cool: 变凉
地球开始降温
The autotrophs began to drool, Neanderthals developed tools
autortroph: 自养生物 drool: 胡说,起哄 Neanderthal: 穴居人 develop: 发明 tool: 工具
自养生物来起哄,穴居人发明工具
We built the Wall We built the pyramids
build: 建造,建筑 the Wall: 长城 pyramid: 金字塔
我们建长城,我们建金字塔
Math, Science, History, unraveling the mystery
math: 数学 science: 科学 history: 历史 unravel: 解开 mystery: 奥秘,神秘
数学、自然科学。历史,揭开神秘
That all started with a big bang
start with: 从…开始 bang: 巨响,重击 big bang: 宇宙大爆炸
一切由大爆炸开始
Bang!”
砰!”
-Leonard: Oh. Watch out, Sheldon.
watch out: 小心,注意
哦,小心点,Sheldon
This little boy Casper is a g-g-g-ghost!
ghost: 鬼,幽灵
这个小男孩Casper是一个鬼鬼鬼!
-Sheldon: Droll.
droll: 滑稽的,好笑的
真可笑
-Howard: Not as droll as a grown man
grown: 长大的,成年的
那也没有一个成年人
passed out in a puddle of his own urine.
pass out: 昏倒,失去知觉 puddle: 水坑 urine: 尿液
晕倒在他自己的尿液中可笑
-Leonard: That was pretty droll.
pretty: 相当地,很
那真好笑
With a hint of ammonia.
a hint of: 一点点,少许 ammonia: 氨水
还有一点氨水的味道呢
-Sheldon: Yes, enjoy your japes, gentlemen.
enjoy: 感受,享受 jape: 嘲弄,玩笑
尽管笑吧,先生们
You think you've poked fun at a milquetoast academic.
poke: 戳,刺 poke fun at: 作弄,嘲笑 milquetoast: 胆小者,意志薄弱的人 academic: 学者
你觉得你嘲笑了一个胆怯的学者
Well, you've forgotten one thing:
只是,你们忘了一件事:
I am also a son of the Lone Star state.
the Lone Star state: 孤星之州(德克萨斯州的别称)
我还是孤星之州的子民
I'm Texas through and through.
through: 从头至尾 through and through: 完全的,彻头彻尾的
一个彻头彻尾的德州人
And we know how to settle scores down there.
score: 成绩,分数 settle scores: 算总账,报仇
我们知道该怎么复仇
If you doubt me, ask Mexico.
doubt: 怀疑,不信
如果你怀疑我的话,问问墨西哥(德州宣布处死墨西哥籍杀人犯)
-Stuart: Hot girl, nine o'clock.
hot: 惹火的 hot girl: 惹火女郎
有辣妹,九点钟方向
Don't everybody look at once!
at once: 同时,一起
不要同时回头!
-Rajesh: What is she doing in a comic book store?
comic: 漫画
她在漫画书店干嘛?
-Stuart: I don't know, she might be lost.
lost: 迷路的,走失的
我不知道,也许是迷路了
Doesn't matter. Watch and learn.
matter: 有关系,要紧
那个无关紧要,跟我学着点
Hi.
你好
-Alice: Hi.
你好
-Stuart: Um... it... it... it...
呃…这... 这...
Shut up.
shut up: 闭嘴
什么都不要说
-Alice: Are you getting this Next Men?
你是要买这期Next Men吗?
-Leonard: Uh, yeah. It's issue number 21.
issue: 发行,出版
哦,是的,这是21期的
First appearance of Hellboy.
appearance: 出现,露面 Hellboy: 地狱男爵
地狱男爵第一次出现的那期
-Alice: I know. I've been looking for it for years.
look for: 寻找
我知道,我找这个好多年了
-Leonard: Sorry.
抱歉
-Alice: Hey, if I pretended to hit on you,
pretend: 假装,装作 hit on: 调情,勾引
嘿,如果我假装勾搭你
could I distract you enough to sneak it away?
distract: 转移,分心 sneak: 暗中进行,偷偷取得
你会不会分心,让我把书顺走?
-Leonard: Yes, but you'd be using your superpowers for evil.
superpower: 超能力 evil: 邪恶的
可以,但是那样你就属于滥用你的超能力了
-Alice: Damn, I'm forbidden by my Kryptonian father to do so.
damn: 该死的 forbid: 禁止,不准 Kryptonian: 氪星球
可恶,我的氪星爸爸也不允许我这么做
I'm Alice.
我叫Alice
-Leonard: Leonard.
我叫Leonard
-Alice: You're very cute, Leonard.
cute: 可爱的
你很可爱,Leonard
-Leonard: Thanks. You, too. You know, go ahead and take it.
谢谢,你也是,这个给你,拿走吧
-Alice: No, no. No, no, I... I did evil.
不,不,不,不,我滥用我的超能力了
Would you be open to a trade?
be open to: 愿接受的 trade: 交易
你能和我做一笔交易吗?
-Leonard: Uh, yeah, yeah, sure, I guess.
I guess: 我想,我认为
呃,好,好,当然,我想
-Alice: Okay. Here.
好,来
This is my number.
这是我的号码
Call me.
打我电话
-Leonard: Sorry, palm's a little sweaty.
palm: 手掌 sweaty: 出汗的
抱歉,我的手心有点湿
What's that word?
这个词是啥?
-Alice: Alice.
Alice
-Leonard: Oh, right, your name.
哦,对了,你的名字
That makes more sense than "penis".
sense: 合理的 penis: 阴茎
那比“小弟弟”说得通
-Alice: Later.
再见
-Howard: Did we just see you pick up a girl in a comic book store?
pick up: 获得,【追求】 pick up a girl: 把妹
我们是不是目睹了你在漫画店里钓到了一个女孩?
-Stuart: 'Cause if you did, you get your picture up there
如果是的话,我要把你的照片
on the Wall of Heroes.
hero: 英雄
挂到墙上的英雄榜上
-Leonard: No, I don't think I picked her up.
不,我没觉得我钓她了
Besides, I have a girlfriend.
besides: 此外,而且
而且我有女朋友
-Stuart: Doesn't matter. This is the closest anyone's ever come.
come: 达到
无所谓,这是至今最接近的了
You're going on the wall, my friend.
你一定要上榜的,朋友
-Sheldon: Be sure to check the mail.
check: 检查,查看 mail: 邮箱
记得要查看信箱
-Leonard: How many times are you gonna tell me? What's with you?
gonna: (等于going to)将要
你要跟我说多少次?你怎么了?
-Sheldon: Nothing. It's not suspicious that I'm fixating.
suspicious: 可疑的 fixate: 注视
没什么,我专注一件事没什么可疑的
It's consistent with my personality.
consistent: 始终如一的 personality: 个性,性格
我一直就这性格
-Leonard: Right.
也是
-Penny: Hey, guys.
嘿,两位
-Leonard: More Halloween candy?
candy: 糖果
又买万圣节糖果了?
Didn't you just buy a bunch of it yesterday?
a bunch of: 一堆
你不是昨天才买了一堆吗?
-Penny: Oh. Yeah. That's gone.
哦,是啊,都没了
It's a rough month when Halloween and PMS
rough: 艰苦的,难熬的 PMS: pre-monstrual syndrome: 月经前不快症状
万圣节和月经一起来
hit at the same time.
hit: 打,击
这个月可不好过
-Sheldon: Leonard doesn't have time to chat, he has to get the mail.
chat: 聊天,闲谈 mail: 邮件,信件
Leonard没时间聊天,他要拿信件
-Leonard: Will you relax? I'll get it in a minute.
relax: 放松 in a minute: 立即,马上
你别急行不行?我马上就拿
-Leonard: How was work?
上班怎么样?
-Sheldon: Open the mail!
开信箱啊!
-Leonard: Excuse me.
稍等
A couple of circulars, nothing important.
a couple of: 两三个,几个 circular: 传单
就是几张传单,没什么重要的
-Penny: What's with him?
what’s with: 是怎么回事
他怎么了?
-Leonard: Hang on.
等等
You might be from Texas, but I'm from New Jersey.
你老家是德州的,我可是新泽西的
-Leonard: Check it out.
check it out: 你看,来看看
看
Jim Lee drew this of me two years ago
draw: 画,绘制
两年前在漫画展上
at Comic-Con.
comic: 漫画,动漫 Comic-Con: 漫画展,动漫展
Jim Lee给我画的肖像
-Alice: What are you wearing?
wear: 穿戴,穿着
你穿的是什么?
-Leonard: Well, you know, it's Comic-Con.
那啥,你知道嘛,就是漫画展
I'm Lion-O from ThunderCats.
我扮的是霹雳猫动画里的霹雳猫
-Alice: Wow, you must have gotten so laid.
哇,那肯定很多女的送上门吧
-Leonard: No. But Jessica Alba did rub my furry belly.
rub: 擦,摩 furry: 毛皮的,毛茸茸的 belly: 肚子,腹部
没,不过Jessica Alba (性感女影星)还真摸了我毛毛的肚子
Alice: Want to see a comic I draw?
想看看我画的漫画吗?
-Leonard: You're kidding. You have your own book?
kidding: 开玩笑 own: 自己的
不是吧,你自己画漫画?
-Alice: Yeah. It's kinda based on my life.
kinda: (等于kind of):有一点,有几分 base on: 基于,以…为基础
是啊,根据我自身经历画的
-Leonard: Cool.
酷
Oh, look.
哦,看这
That's you having sex with a guy
guy: 家伙,男人
你在和一个穿着楚巴卡(猩猩外形的星球大战人物)
in the top half of a Chewbacca costume.
the top half: 上半身
上衣的男人做爱
Comic Con?
漫画展的时候?
-Alice: You'd think, but no.
正常推测,但不是
-Leonard: You're very talented. This is really good.
talented: 有才能的
你太有才了,画得很好
Did you do...
你是不是...
-Alice: So, can I trade you my comic for the Hellboy?
trade for: 以…换得
那个,我能用我的漫画和你换地狱男爵吗?
-Leonard: You can have my car.
换我的车都行
-Sheldon: Oh, dear.
噢,天哪
Oh, dear...
噢,天哪...
Oh, dear, oh, dear.
噢,天哪,噢,天哪
Oh, dear... oh, dear.
噢,天哪... 噢,天哪
Oh, dear. Oh, dear.
噢,天哪,噢,天哪
Purell, Purell, Purell, Purell.
Purell: 普瑞来(洗手液品牌)
洗手液,洗手液,洗手液,洗手液
-Rajesh: Good morning, Sheldon.
早上好,Sheldon
-Sheldon: It is, isn't it?
是很好,不是吗?
Oh, bother.
bother: 烦人,糟糕
噢,真糟糕
Isn't that just always the way?
always: 总是,常常
总是这样
You go to staple something, and you're out of staples.
staple: 订住,订书钉
想要用订书机,就没有订书钉了
Gosh, I wish I'd known that earlier today
gosh: 天啊,唉,糟糕
真是的,早知道这样的话,之前我去文具店的时候
when I was at Staples.
就应该买点了
-Rajesh: You have a thing of paper clips right there.
clip: 曲别针,回形针
你那不是有回形针嘛
-Sheldon: No, no, I need something more permanent to join these papers.
permanent: 永久的,牢固的
不,不,我要能把这些纸牢固订起来的东西
Say, don't you keep staples in your top desk drawer?
drawer: 抽屉
对了,你最上面那个抽屉里不是有订书钉吗?
-Rajesh: I don't know. Maybe.
不知道,也许吧
-Sheldon: Be a lamb and check.
lamb: 小羊羔 be a lamb: 乖
乖,看看嘛
-Rajesh: All right.
好吧
Who do we have here?
看看这是谁?
-Sheldon: It's a snake. A terrifying snake.
snake: 蛇 terrifying: 可怕的
是蛇啊,可怕的蛇啊
-Rajesh: Oh, did some bad man put us in a drawer?
噢,哪个坏蛋把你扔在抽屉里了?
-Sheldon: Stop talking like that.
别那样说话
You've been rendered speechless by fear.
render: 致使 speechless: 说不出话的 fear: 害怕,惊恐
你应该被吓得说不出话来
-Rajesh: Let's go to the biology lab and find you some nice yummy mice.
biology: 生物 lab: 实验室 yummy: 好吃的,美味的 mice: (mouse的复数)老鼠
我们去生物实验室给你找些可口的老鼠吧
-Sheldon: I tried to scare an Indian with a snake.
Indian: 印度人
我竟然想用蛇来吓印度人
Come on, Cooper. You're better than this.
拜托,Cooper,你可没这么笨
-Penny: It's open.
门开着
-Leonard: Hey, you got a minute?
get a minute: 有空吗
嘿,有时间吗?
-Penny: Yeah, sure, come on in.
有啊,进来吧
-Leonard: Thanks.
谢谢
-Penny: Want some mac and cheese?
cheese: 芝士,奶酪 mac and cheese: 芝士通心粉
要不要来点芝士通心粉?
-Leonard: No. Lactose. Gas.
lactose: 乳糖
不了,有乳糖,会放屁
-Penny: Glass of wine?
来杯酒?
-Leonard: No. Sulfites. Migraines.
sulfites: 亚硝酸盐 migraine: 偏头疼
不了,有亚硫酸盐,会头疼
-Penny: Okay, well, I'd offer you Halloween candy,
Halloween: 万圣节 candy: 糖果
那好吧,本来可以给你吃点万圣节糖果的
but that's gone.
但是吃完了
So, what's up?
对了,什么事?
-Leonard: Okay, we used to go out, right?
好吧,我们恋爱过,对吧?
-Penny: Oh, my God, that's where I know you from.
know: 认识
哦,天哪,我就是那时候认识你的
-Leonard: I'm dealing with a situation and it's kind of about my love life,
deal with: 处理,涉及 situation: 境遇,情况 kind of: 有点儿,有几分
我遇到个情况,和我的感情生活有关
so I know that might be weird for us to talk about,
weird: 奇怪的,古怪的
我知道我们谈这个可能有点奇怪
but in this area, as you know, all my other friends
area: 方面,领域
但是这方面,你也知道,我其他的朋友
are just so stupid.
stupid: 愚蠢的,笨拙的
都是菜鸟
-Penny: All right, what's going on?
好吧,怎么啦?
-Leonard: So, you're okay talking about this?
谈这个你不介意吧?
-Penny: Yes.
不介意
-Leonard: You're sure it's not weird.
sure: 肯定,确定
你确定这不奇怪
-Penny: It's okay.
没事
-Leonard: You know what, if you ever want to talk to me about a problem
跟你说,如果你想和我谈论
in your life with a guy, then I would be fine with that.
fine: 没问题,可以
你和别的男人的问题,我可以接受
-Penny: Okay, good, because there's this one guy I used to date
date: 约会,【谈恋爱】
好啊,很好,因为这有个我以前谈过的男人
who's about to be force-fed wine and cheese
force-feed: 强行喂食
如果他再不讲重点的话
if he doesn't get to the point.
point: 重点,要害 get to the point: 言归正传
我就逼他喝酒吃奶酪
-Leonard: Okay, uh...
好吧,嗯...
here it is.
是这样
Is it cheating if a guy has a girlfriend...
cheating: 欺骗
如果一个男人有了女友的话,你看这样算不算出轨...
-Penny: Yeah, probably.
算,几乎肯定
-Leonard: Come on.
别这样好吧
-Penny: I'm sorry, go ahead.
go ahead: 继续
抱歉,你继续
-Leonard: I met this girl, and she's great.
我遇见了一个女孩,她很棒
we have a lot in common.
in common: 共同的,
我们有很多相同之处
-Penny: Did you guys do it?
你们做了没?
-Leonard: No. We just made out a little.
a little: 稍稍
没,只稍微亲热了一下
-Penny: Oh, look at you, you bad boy.
哦,看看你,你个坏孩子
Did you tell her about Priya?
你跟她提到Priya没?
-Leonard: Well, I was gonna, but there were too many
gonna: (等于going to)将要
呃,我本来要说的,但当时嘴里
tongues in my mouth.
tongue: 舌头 mouth: 嘴
有不止一条舌头
-Penny: That's gross.
gross: 恶心的
真恶心
-Leonard: Here's the thing, I... I'm not one of those guys
是这样的,我... 我不是那种
who sneaks around and sleeps with more than one woman.
sneak: 鬼鬼祟祟,偷偷摸摸
到处偷偷地和很多女人上床的男人
-Penny: Well, good for you.
good for you: 能这样不错
呃,那就好
-Leonard: The problem is, I want to be one of those guys.
但问题是,我想成为这样的人
-Penny: So sleep with the new girl and lie to Priya.
lie to: 对…撒谎
那就瞒着Priya 去和新女孩上床
-Leonard: Oh, that's not who I am.
哦,我不是那样的人
-Penny: All right, then break it off with the new girl.
break it off: 分手,吹了
好吧,那就和新女孩分手
-Leonard: Now, let's not do anything rash.
rash: 匆忙的
慢点,先别这么急
She's really hot.
hot: 惹火的,性感的
她真的很性感哎
-Penny: If you like this girl so much,
你要是这么喜欢这个女孩
why don't you just end things with Priya?
end things: 分开,分手
何不跟Priya分手算了呢?
-Leonard: Priya and I are in love.
Priya和我很恩爱啊
I think we could get married someday.
get married: 结婚 someday: 总有一天,有朝一日
我觉得我们有一天会结婚的
-Penny: Leonard, you're looking for a way to sleep with both women
Leonard,你是想找到一个方法,可以同时和两个女人上床
and have everybody be happy about it.
还让所有人都没意见
-Leonard: Now we're getting somewhere.
get somewhere: 使有所成就,使有些结果
你总算听明白了
-Penny: What does your gut tell you?
gut: 内脏,【内心深处】
问问你的内心深处,是怎么想的?
-Leonard: Go ask Penny; she'll know what to do.
去问Penny吧,她知道该怎么做
-Sheldon: Hello, Howard.
你好,Howard
I've realized that you scaring me was all in jest.
realize: 意识到,认识到 scare: 惊吓 in jest: 开玩笑的,不认真的
我认识到你吓唬我都是开玩笑的
Allow me to say, job well done.
well done: 做得好
请容我说,你做得很好
Perfect.
太棒了
-Leonard: What are you doing?
你在做什么?
-Sheldon: Science. You wouldn't understand.
科学研究,你懂不了的
-Leonard: Hey, well, see you. I'm going out.
嘿,好吧,回见,我出去了
-Sheldon: I thought you were leaving the apartment.
apartment: 公寓
我以为你要出去了
-Leonard: Yeah, me too. I can't make up my mind.
make up one’s mind: 下定决心
我也以为是的,可我下不了决心
-Sheldon: Are you concerned because the world is filled with
concern: 忧虑,担心 be filled with: 被充满
你是不是害怕世界上到处都是
big dogs and bullies?
bully: 恶霸,欺凌弱小者
恶狗和暴徒?
-Leonard: No. I'm having a moral crisis.
moral: 道德上的 crisis: 危机
不是,我遇到了一个道德危机
-Sheldon: Well, if it's of any help, I've read
好吧,如果需要帮助的话,我倒是读过
all the great moral philosophers,
philosopher:哲学家
所有道德哲学大师的著作
including Dr. Seuss.
包括苏斯博士(美国儿童文学作家与画家)
-Leonard: Oh, what the hell.
hell: 地狱 what the hell: 管他的
哦,管他呢
I'm supposed to go see that girl
be supposed to: 原本
我正要去和漫画店遇到的
from the comic book store, Alice, but I don't know
那个女孩Alice见面,但我不知道
if I should, because I'm going out with Priya,
go out with: 和某人约会,【和某人交往】
该不该去,因为我正在和Priya交往
but she's in India.
但她远在印度
-Sheldon: All right. So the topic at hand is sexual fidelity.
topic: 话题,主题 at hand: 眼前,近旁 sexual: 性的 fidelity: 忠诚
好吧,现在的话题就是性的忠诚
Probably won't be relying on Seuss here.
rely on: 信赖,依靠
估计苏斯是派不上用场了
Although One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
虽然那本“一条鱼,两条鱼,红色的鱼,蓝色的鱼”(苏斯的儿童书)
might be surprisingly applicable.
surprisingly: 惊人地,出人意料地 applicable: 可适用的
倒是格外适用
Go on.
你继续
-Leonard: Well...
呃...
they say at the end of your life,
at the end of: 在尽头,在结束时
人们常说,在生命的最后时刻
you regret the stuff you didn't do
regret: 遗憾,后悔 stuff: 事情
比起你做过的事,那些你没做的事
more than the stuff that you did,
更让你后悔莫及
and I'm pretty sure Alice is the stuff I want to do.
pretty: 很,非常
而我很确定 Alice就是那种我想做的
-Sheldon: You know, the German philosopher,
你知道,德国哲学家
Friedrich Nietzsche, believed that morality
morality: 道德
弗里德里希·尼采认为,道德标准
is just a fiction used by the herd of inferior human beings
fiction: 谎言,虚构 herd: 群体 inferior: 下等的,劣等的
只是广大的劣等人群用来牵制少数的优等人类
to hold back the few superior men.
hold back: 抑制,阻止 superior: 高等的,优等的
而虚构出来的
-Leonard: That actually does help.
actually: 事实上
这话我爱听
-Sheldon: It's worth noting that he died of syphilis.
be worth: 值得 it’s worth noting: 值得注意的是 syphilis: 梅毒
值得注意的是,他自己死于梅毒
-Leonard: Screw it, I'm going.
screw: 拧,旋 screw it: 不管了
管他呢,我要走了
-Sheldon: On your way home,
回家的时候
will you pick up some orange juice?
pick up: 拾得,【顺便买点】 juice: 果汁
能不能买点橙汁?
-Leonard: Do you mind? I'm questioning
do you mind: (口语)请你…好不好 question: 质疑,怀疑
饶了我行吧?我正对
a lot of things in my life right now.
我生活中的很多事情进行质疑
-Sheldon: Is one of those things your fondness for orange juice?
fondness: 喜好,嗜好
你对橙汁的喜爱也遭到质疑了吗?
-Leonard: No.
没有
-Sheldon: Great. Tropicana, no pulp.
pulp: 果肉
很好,纯果乐,不带果肉的
-Howard: Hey, Sheldon.
嘿,Sheldon
-Mrs. Wolowitz: Who is it!
是谁啊!
-Sheldon: It's me, Sheldon, Mrs. Wolowitz.
是我,Sheldon,Wolowitz太太
-Howard: That's not my mom, it's Bernadette.
那不是我妈,是Bernadette
-Sheldon: Really? That's very unsettling.
unsettling: 使人不安的
不会吧?听着挺瘆人的
-Bernadette: Hi, Sheldon.
你好,Sheldon
-Sheldon: Hi.
你好
-Howard: What's up?
怎么了?
-Sheldon: It just occurred to me that I never formally congratulated you
occur to: 想起,想到 formally: 正式地 congratulate: 祝贺,恭喜
我突然想起来,对于你即将到来的婚礼,我还没有正式地
on your pending nuptials.
pending: 行将发生的 nuptial: 婚礼
祝贺过你呢
So I hopped on the first bus
hop: 跳跃 hop on: 跳上
所以我跳上了见到的第一辆巴士
and hightailed it down here to shake your hand.
hightail: 迅速逃走 shake one’s hand: 和某人握手
然后跳下车一路奔过来和你握个手
Put'er there, you old so-and-so.
so-and-so: 讨厌鬼,某某人
手伸过来吧,你个老坏蛋
-Howard: Well, I... I'm gonna see you at work in... 12 hours.
呃,再过... 再过12小时一上班我就会见到你了
Don't you think it could have waited until then?
你不觉得可以等到那时再说嘛?
-Sheldon: Holy smoke, why didn't I think of that?
holy: 神圣的,圣洁的
老天啊,我怎么就没想到?
You're a better man than I, Howard Wolowitz.
你比我还聪明,Howard Wolowitz
You put'er there, you son of a gun!
son of a gun: 坏蛋,王八蛋
手伸过来吧,你个小混蛋!
-Howard: Whatever.
好吧好吧
My... oh...
我的... 哦...
it's...
是...
-Bernadette: Oh, my God, Howard!
哦,天呐,Howard1
What did you do?
你做了什么啊?
-Sheldon: It was a harmless Halloween prank. Look.
harmless: 无害的 prank: 恶作剧,玩笑
只是个万圣节的无害恶作剧,你看
-Bernadette: Howard has a heart condition! You know that!
condition: 情况,条件 heart condition: 心脏问题
Howard有心脏病的!你知道的!
-Sheldon: Well, I thought he made that up.
make up: 编造
呃,我以为他瞎说的呢
I-Isn't hypochondria a common idiosyncrasy of Jewish people?
hypochondria: 抑郁症,臆想病 idiosyncrasy: 特质 Jewish: 犹太人的
犹太人不都是以喜欢怀疑自己有病而著称的吗?
-Bernadette: This is adrenaline... we're gonna have
adrenaline: 肾上腺素
这是肾上腺素,我们需要
to inject it into his heart.
inject: 注射
把它注入他的心脏
-Sheldon: We are?
我们?
-Bernadette: You are. I'm not strong enough
enough: 足够的,充足的
你来,我没有那么大的力气
to get it through his chest plate,
chest: 胸 chest plate: 护胸
刺穿他的护胸
and we've only got one shot.
shot: 发射,射击 one shot: 一击即中,一次通过
而且我们只有一次机会
-Sheldon: Oh, no! I can't!
哦,不,我做不到!
-Bernadette: Hurry!
快!
We're running out of time!
run of: 用完,耗尽
没时间了!
-Sheldon: Okay.
好吧
-Bernadette: Just do it!
just do it: 就这么做吧
快扎!
-Sheldon: Oh, God!
哦,天呐!
One... two...
一... 二...
three!
三!
-Howard: Trick or treat, bubbeleh.
trick: 恶作剧,诡计 treat: 请客,款待
不给糖就捣蛋,小鬼
-Sheldon: What?
什么?
No. You mean this was all a ruse?
不是吧,我又被你们耍了?
Oh, how could I be so stu...
哦,我怎么会这么笨...
-Leonard: Damn it, I can't.
该死,不行
I can't do this.
我不能这么做
-Alice: Uh, is it my tongue stud?
tongue: 舌头 stud: 大头钉
呃,是因为我的舌钉吗?
'Cause if that freaks you out,
Freak sb out: 把某人吓到
如果这个就吓到你了
you're in for a real surprise later on.
real: 真正的,实在的 surprise: 惊奇,差异 later on: 稍后,随后
那待会儿你可真要做好心理准备了
-Leonard: No, no, no.
不,不,不
I... I can't do this.
我,我不能这么做
Believe me, I really want to.
相信我,我真的很想
-Alice: But...?
但是...?
-Leonard: But I kind of have a girlfriend.
kind of:
但是我是有女朋友的
-Alice: Are you kidding?
kidding: 开玩笑
你开什么玩笑呢?
-Leonard: You're cool with you and me just being friends, right?
cool: 冷静的,平静的
你不介意我们当普通朋友吧,对吧?
-Alice: I don't believe this.
这太难以置信了
-Leonard: Wait, I don't... Which part?
等等,你说的是... 哪部分?
-Alice: I'm so stupid.
stupid: 傻的,愚蠢的
我太傻了
I thought for once I'd met a good guy,
我以为这次碰上了个好人
but you're just another jackass.
jackass: 愚蠢的人,公驴,【混蛋】
但是你也是个混蛋
-Leonard: Oh, no, no, you have it wrong.
噢,不,不,你误会了
No. I... I was going
不,我…我差一点就
to be a jackass, but I stopped myself.
stop: 停止,中止
成混蛋了,但是我控制住了自己
I stayed
stay: 保持,坚持
我还是
a good guy, so...
一个好人,所以...
I'm gonna pass on the sex.
pass: 经过,跳过,略过
做爱那部分就算了吧
But you should know, that's not
但是你得知道,那不是
a comment on your hotness but on my goodness.
comment: 意见,评论 hotness: 惹火,性感
因为你不性感,而是因为我太好了
That's kind of my superpower.
这可以说是我的超能力
I'm, like, Captain Good Guy.
captain: 队长,首领
我,就像是,好人队长
It's okay.
没关系
Did the right thing.
你这么做是对的
You idiot!
idiot: 笨蛋,白痴,傻瓜
你个白痴!
-Leonard: Hey, Priya.
嘿,Priya
-Priya: Hey, sweetheart. How's it going?
嘿,甜心,还好吗?
-Leonard: Uh, not so good.
啊,不太好
We have to talk.
我们得谈谈
-Priya: Oh, sounds serious.
sound: 听起来 serious: 严肃的,严重的
喔,很严肃啊
What's up?
怎么了?
-Leonard: Okay, uh...
好吧,唔...
here it is.
是这样
I met this girl and I kissed her,
我邂逅了一个女孩还亲了她
and I feel terrible about it.
terrible: 糟糕的,令人讨厌的
我对此感觉很糟糕
But it's done, it's never gonna happen again.
gonna: (等于going to)将要 again: 再一次,又一次
但是这些都过去了,以后再也不会发生了
And I am so, so sorry.
我非常,非常抱歉
-Priya: Leonard, relax.
relax: 放松,松弛
Leonard,放轻松
It's okay.
没关系的
-Leonard: It is?
真的?
Yeah, these things happen.
真的,这种事情很正常
They happen to everybody.
人人都会遇到
-Leonard: Oh, my God, you are amazing.
amazing: 令人惊异的
喔,我的天啊,你太好了
I mean, I don't deserve you.
deserve: 应受,应得,【配得上】
我是说,我配不上你
Wh... what do you mean "everybody"?
你说的“人人都会”是什么意思?
-Priya: Leonard, I didn't know if I should tell you,
Leonard,我不知道应不应该告诉你
but I kind of cheated on you, too.
cheat: 欺骗
但是我也算出轨了
-Leonard: Kind of?
什么叫也算?
-Priya: A couple of weeks ago,
couple: 几个,若干
几个星期前
I slept with my ex-boyfriend.
我跟我的前男友上床了
So, I guess we both messed up a little.
guess: (口语)想,认为 mess: 把事情弄糟
所以,我想我们都犯了点小错
-Leonard: No, no, I messed up a little.
不,不,是我错了一点点
You messed up a lot.
你错大了
-Priya: Well, it's not a competition.
competition: 比赛,竞赛
呃,这又不是比赛
-Leonard: Oh... yeah, it is, and you won.
win: 胜利,获胜
喔... 是,这是比赛,而且你赢了
I... I... I'm sorry, I have to go.
我...我…抱歉,我得挂了
I don't believe this.
真是难以置信
-Sheldon: Bazinga, punk. Now we're even.
bazinga: 逗你玩,你中招了 punk: 废物,小阿飞,年轻无知的人 even: 相等的,平等的
中招吧,小子,现在我们扯平了
词汇解析:Xenia



评 论


