绝望主妇第八季第1集Desperate Housewives Season 8 Episode 1
Previously on Desperate Housewives...
绝望主妇前情提要...
-Chuck: I wanna get things right this time.
这次我是认真的。
-Aside: Bree's relationship with detective Vance
relationship: 关系 detective: 侦探
Bree和侦探Vance的关系
got serious.
serious: 认真的
开始认真了。
-Tom: What are we gonna say to people?
我们要怎么对大家说?
-Aside: Tom and Lynette decided to separate.
decide: 决定 separate: 分开
Tom和Lynette决定分居。
-Tom: We shouldn't tell anyone until we tell the kids.
kid: 孩子
我们得先告诉孩子们。
-Lynette: Oh, god. The kids.
老天,孩子们。
-Alejandro: Sit down. Ow!
坐下。啊哦!
-Aside: Gaby's stepfather returned to terrorize her again...
stepfather: 继父 return: 返回 terrorize: 胁迫
Gaby的继父又回来胁迫她...
-Alejandro: I remember those nights in your room, baby.
remember: 记得 night: 夜晚 room: 房间
宝贝,我还记得在你屋子里的那些夜晚。
-Gaby: No! Stop.
不要!住手。
-Aside: Until Carlos stopped him...
until: 直到
直到Carlos阻止了他...
-Gaby: Uhh! Aah!
啊!啊!
-Aside: Permanently.
permanently: 永久地
永久的。
-Lynette: Gaby?
Gaby亲爱的?
What happened?
发生什么事了?
-Carlos: I killed him.
kill: 杀
我把他杀了。
-Gaby: And now he's gonna go to jail because he was trying to protect me.
jail: 监狱 protect: 保护
他是为了保护我,现在却要去蹲监狱。
-Lynette: Calm down. We just need time to think.
calm down: 冷静
冷静。我们需要时间好好想想。
-Susan: We don't have time.
没时间了。
-Aside: Yes, there was the dinner party.
dinner: 晚餐 party: 宴会
没错,还有个晚宴呢。
-Lynette: Everybody's coming.
everybody: 每个人
大家都过来了。
Including your boyfriend the detective.
include: 包括 boyfriend: 男友
包括你那个侦探男朋友。
-Carlos: I killed the son of a bitch who hurt my wife.
hurt: 伤害 wife: 妻子
我杀了这个伤害我老婆的狗杂种。
If I have to go to prison, I will.
prison: 监狱
如果我因此坐牢,我愿意。
-Bree: That's not gonna happen.
我们不会让你去坐牢。
-Aside: Every hostess knows
hostess: 女主人
每个女主人都知道
There's work to be done after the guests leave a party.
guest: 客人
派对结束后总有一堆活要处理。
And only the best of friends
best: 最好的 friend: 朋友
也只有最好的朋友们
will stay long after the party's over...
会在派对结束后留下...
To help clean up the mess.
help: 帮助 clean up: 清理 mess: 杂乱
帮忙清理烂摊子。
They help with the heavy lifting...
heavy: 重的 lift: 搬,提
帮着搬重东西...
They work together to lighten the load.
together: 一起 lighten: 减轻 load: 负担
他们齐心分担重量。
They take on the most unpleasant tasks.
unpleasant: 令人不悦的 task: 任务
他们一起承担最令人讨厌的工作。
And, of course, there's no task more unpleasant...
当然,处理一个不受欢迎的客人...
Than getting rid of an unwanted guest.
get rid of: 摆脱 unwanted: 不受欢迎的 guest: 客人
没有比这更让人讨厌的工作了。
-Carlos: I should go move the car off the trail.
car: 车 trail: 轨道
我去把车开到旁边。
You gonna be okay?
你没事吧?
-Susan: Is this happening?
我没做梦吧?
-Lynette: Are we really doing this?
我们真的要这么做吗?
-Bree: Everyone stay focused.
focus: 集中
大家注意。
The hardest part is over.
hardest: 最难的 part: 部分
最艰难的部分已经过去了。
Now all we have to do is fill this in.
fill: 填埋
现在我们要做的就是把这个埋了。
-Gaby: Oh, my god.
老天呐。
I thought I got everything.
我以为我都检查过了。
No.
不。
-Susan: No, you missed the phone.
miss: 遗漏 phone: 手机
不,你漏了手机。
And if you missed that, what else did you miss?
如果你漏了手机,其他你还漏了什么?
-Bree: Susan, it's gonna be okay.
Susan,没事的。
-Susan: How is it going to be okay? Someone is calling the dead guy.
call: 打电话 dead: 死的
这怎么会没事呢?有人打电话给这个死人。
-Gaby: Home.
家。
-Susan: see?
看见了吧?
He has a home... With people who care about him,
care about: 关心
他是个有家的人... 有家人关心他,
people who are going to come looking for him,
他家人会找他,
leading them straight to us.
straight: 直接
然后就找到我们了。
-Bree: What do you want us to do?
你想怎样?
-Susan: It's not too late. We...
现在还不算晚,我们...
We could still go to the police.
police: 警察
我们还是可以去自首。
-Gaby: And send my husband back to prison?
husband: 丈夫 prison: 监狱
然后把我老公送回监狱?
This time for murder?
murder: 谋杀
这次是谋杀罪?
-Lynette: No, not necessarily. It was self-defense.
necessarily: 必要的 self-defense: 自卫
不,不用的。这是正当防卫。
He broke into your house. He threatened you.
break into: 闯入 threaten: 威胁
这个人闯入你家,威胁你。
We could explain that.
explain: 解释
我们可以解释的。
-Gaby: Yeah, then we can explain how we dumped him in a trunk,
dump: 丢弃 trunk: 卡车
是啊,然后解释我们怎么把他丢到柜子里,
ate some cheesecake, and buried him in the woods!
cheesecake: 乳酪蛋糕 bury: 卖 woods: 树林
吃了点干酪蛋糕,再把他在树林里埋了!
-Susan: We are going to get caught. People always get caught.
我们会被抓的。犯错误的人最终都被抓的。
We can't do this.
我们不能这样做。
We're not criminals. We drive carpool.
criminal: 罪犯 carpool: 拼车
我们不是罪犯。我们都拼车的。
-Bree: That's enough.
够了。
This is a very bad man.
这是个十足的坏人。
He attacked our friend, and her husband protected her,
attack: 攻击 husband: 丈夫 protect: 保护
他攻击了我们的朋友,她丈夫保护了她,
and now we are gonna protect them.
现在轮到我们保护他们。
That means we tell no one.
也就是说我们谁都不能说。
Not the police...
警察不能说...
Not our families.
family: 家人
家人不能说。
No one.
一个也不能说。
When we bury the body,
body: 尸体
我们埋了这个尸体,
we bury the secret forever.
secret: 秘密 forever: 永远
也就永远埋了这个秘密。
Susan?
Susan你呢?
-Aside: Yes, it's only the best of friends
只有最好的朋友们
who stay long after the party's over
party: 派对
会在派对结束后留下来
To help clean up the mess...
clean up: 清理
帮忙清理烂摊子...
Even when that mess may be bigger
即使这个烂摊子
than they bargained for.
比他们以为的还要烂。
It has been said that change doesn't happen overnight,
overnight: 过一夜
有句话说罗马不是一日建成的,
but over the course of month, it's amazing
但是给点时间会发现,
how much the ground can shift beneath us.
shift: 转换 beneath: 在…之下
大地在我们脚下有着令人惊讶的变化。
A woman who helped conceal a crime
conceal: 隐瞒 crime: 罪恶
一个帮着隐瞒罪行的女人
is now sleeping with a detective.
sleep: 睡 detective: 侦探
正在跟一个侦探同床共枕。
A man who used to look forward to bedtime...
look forward: 渴望 bedtime: 睡眠时间
一个曾经最渴望睡眠时间的男人...
is now finding himself dreading it.
现在却怎么也睡不着。
A woman who once told her husband everything
once: 曾经 husband: 丈夫
一个曾对丈夫没有秘密的女人
is now keeping a terrible secret.
terrible: 可怕的 secret: 秘密
现在却藏着一个可怕的秘密。
And a couple who have decided to separate
couple: 夫妻 decide: 决定 separate: 分局
一对准备分居的夫妻
is now going to great lengths to show
show: 表现
要在孩子们面前努力表现
that nothing has changed.
nothing: 没有事 change: 改变
什么事情都没发生。
-Tom: Crap! Crap! Crap! Crap!
糟糕!糟糕!糟糕!糟糕!
Aah! Son of a...
啊!你爷...
Hey, hey, hey, guys!
嘿,嘿,嘿,孩子们!
Got up early, so I figured, what the heck?
figure: 认为
起早了,所以我想,那就?
I'll go get your mom some coffee...the good stuff.
coffee: 咖啡 stuff: 东西
我就给你们妈妈带了杯咖啡... 好东西。
She deserves it.
deserve: 值得
她应得的。
-Lynette: She needs it, too. I didn't sleep last night.
她也需要。我昨晚没睡。
But you would know that. You were there.
你当然知道,你在场的嘛。
-Tom: Do not drink this.
drink: 喝
别喝。
It's been in my car for three days.
这个在我车里放了三天了。
-Parker: Where are your shoes, dad?
shoe: 鞋子
爸爸,你的鞋呢?
-Tom: It's casual friday.
casual: 便装 Friday: 周五
今天是便装周五。
Casual thursday.
Thursday: 周四
便装周四。
-Penny: Come on. We're gonna miss the bus.
miss: 错过
走吧。我们要赶校车了。
-Lynette: See ya later. I'll see ya at dinner.
dinner: 晚饭
回见,晚饭见。
-Lynette: Love you.
爱你们哦。
-Tom: God, I practically lost a toe out there.
practically: 几乎 lost: 丢失 toe: 脚趾
老天,我差点丢了个脚趾。
-Lynette: It wouldn't have happened if you hadn't overslept.
oversleep: 睡过头
你如果没睡过头就不会这样了。
-Tom: Yeah, well, you know, you took the good alarm clock
alarm clock: 闹钟
没错,你拿了好的闹钟。
along with the good pillow and the house.
pillow: 枕头 house: 房子
还有好的枕头和房子。
This is ridiculous. We have to tell the kids we've separated.
ridiculous: 可笑的
这太可笑了,我们得告诉孩子们我们分居了。
-Lynette: We will, but this weekend is Gaby's big barbecue,
weekend: 周末 barbecue: 烧烤
我们会的,但是这个周末有Gaby家的烧烤,
and I don't wanna ruin it for them.
ruin: 毁掉
我不想让他们扫兴。
-Tom: Yeah, and last weekend,
上周末,
You didn't wanna ruin the basketball tournament.
你说不想扫兴因为有篮球赛。
The weekend before that, Penny's birthday.
birthday: 生日
再上周 Penny的生日。
Come on, Lynette. Are you sure this is about the kids?
Lynette。你真的只是因为孩子们?
-Lynette: What else would it be?
else: 其他
其他还能有什么原因?
No, Tom, nothing's changed.
Tom,一切都没变。
We still need time away from each other.
我们仍然需要分开一段时间。
-Tom: Yeah, I agree. We got a lot of problems to work out,
agree: 同意 problem: 问题
我同意,我们之间有很多问题,
so why can't we tell the kids?
那为什么我们不能告诉孩子们?
-Lynette: I just think they deserve one more happy weekend
deserve: 值得 happy: 快乐
我只是觉得在这个家散了以前,
before we tear this family apart.
能让他们开心一天是一天。
-Tom: You know what? You're...
你知道吗?你真是...
-Lynette: Paige is up.
Paige醒了。
-Chuck: Mmm.
嗯。
Mmm. Mmm.
嗯。嗯。
Don't take this the wrong way,
wrong: 错误
别曲解我的意思,
but you could do this professionally.
professionally: 专业的
我觉得你很有一套。
-Bree: Coming from a man who's on a first-name basis
basis: 基础
从一个在美景镇跟一半妓女
with half the hookers in fairview,
Fairview: 美景
都熟悉的人嘴中说出来,
that's quite a compliment, detective.
quite: 非常 compliment: 赞美 detective: 侦探
这算是很大的赞美了,侦探先生。
-Chuck: Hey, I was thinking maybe this weekend,
weekend: 周末
嘿,我在想这个周末,
we could head up to that place in the mountains,
mountain: 山
我们可以去爬山,
just the two of us.
就我们两个。
-Bree: Oh, that sounds lovely, but Gaby is having
sound: 听起来 lovely: 可爱的
哦,真好,可是Gaby
her annual barbecue on saturday.
annual: 年度的 satruday: 周六
在周六要举行每年一度的烧烤。
-Chuck: Am I invited?
invite: 邀请
我被邀请了吗?
-Bree: Of course you are. Why wouldn't you be?
当然咯,你为什么会不被邀请?
-Chuck: Oh, I don't know. Maybe because your friends don't like me.
我不知道,或许因为你的朋友们不喜欢我。
-Bree: What? You are imagining things.
imagine: 想象
什么?你自己瞎想的。
-Chuck: It's true.
我说的是实话。
They don't talk to me. They don't make eye contact.
eye contact: 眼神接触
他们不跟我说话。他们甚至都不看我。
It's been that way for weeks,
自从上次晚宴后,
ever since the night of the dinner party.
since: 自从
已经这样好几个礼拜了。
Why...
为什么...
-Bree: Uh, why would you say that?
你为什么这么觉得?
-Chuck: Bree, I'm a cop. I got an eye for human behavior.
human: 人 behavior: 行为
Bree,我是个警察,我有双洞察事物的眼睛。
That was when everything changed.
能察觉事情的变化。
I just can't figure out why.
figure out: 想出
可我就是想不出原因。
I keep going over that night, hour by hour.
hour: 小时
我一直回想那晚,一幕又一幕。
-Bree: Well, stop... Going over that night,
那就,别... 再回想那晚,
because everything is fine.
因为一切都很正常啊。
The girls are just as crazy about you as I am.
girl: 女孩 crazy: 疯狂
那些女生只是跟我一样为你着迷。
-Chuck: I don't know. I'm not feeling it.
我不知道。我没感觉到。
-Bree: Well...
那...
Are you feeling this?
这你感觉到了吗?
-Chuck: Oh.
哦。
Bree, I know what's going on.
Bree,我知道怎么回事了。
You're trying to distract me with sex,
distract: 分散注意 sex: 性
你想用上床来分散我注意力,
and if that's the case...
case: 情况
如果是这样的话...
Mmm.
嗯。
Bring it on.
来吧。
-Juanita: Wake up! I made you waffles.
Waffle: 华夫饼
醒醒!我给你们做了华夫饼。
-Gaby: Come back when you learn how to make mimosas.
等你学会做mimosa了再来。
-Juanita: Come on! I left Celia alone with them.
Alone: 单独
起来嘛!Celia一个人在吃。
There won't be any left.
她会吃光的。
-Carlos: Damn it, Juanita! That's enough!
enough: 足够
该死的,Juanita!够了!
Get outta here now!
给我出去!
-Gaby: Carlos!
Carlos你怎么可以!
-Carlos: Juanita, honey, I'm sorry!
Juanita,宝贝,对不起!
-Gaby: Why have you been so short-tempered lately?
Short-tempered: 脾气不好的 lately: 最近
你最近怎么脾气那么急?
-Carlos: Gosh, I don't know.
天,我不知道。
Maybe I'm upset about my golf swing
upset: 难过,沮丧 golf: 高尔夫 swing: 挥动
可能是我高尔夫挥杆不好
or the economy...
economy: 经济
或者是经济...
Or maybe it's because I killed a guy.
maybe: 也许
又或许其实是因为我杀了一个人。
-Gaby: Look, I get it, okay?
听着,我明白,好吧?
But we have to move on with our lives.
但是我们得向前看。
-Carlos: Don't you think I want to?
你以为我不想吗?
I just can't stop thinking about this.
我只是没法不想这事。
No matter what I do,
不管我做什么补救,
it's this horrible thing that is always there.
horrible: 糟糕的
这件事已经发生了而且糟糕透了。
I need to talk to someone.
我需要找人倾诉。
-Gaby: I know a guy named Tom Collins. He's a great listener.
listener: 倾听者
我认识一个叫Tom Collins的人,他是个很好的倾听者。
-Carlos: I meant Father Dugan.
我是说神父Dugan。
-Gaby: Okay, are you crazy? You can't tell anyone.
crazy: 疯狂的
你疯了吗?你不能告诉任何人。
That's too risky.
risky: 冒险
太冒险了。
-Carlos: A priest can't share what you say in confession.
priest: 神父 confession: 忏悔
神父不能透露你的忏悔的。
-Gaby: Are you sure he's not just gonna make you feel guiltier?
guilt: 愧疚
你确定他不会让你觉得更愧疚吗?
I mean, that's their thing.
我是说,他们就是干这个的。
Fine. We'll go see the priest.
好吧。我们去见神父。
-Carlos: I have to.
我必须去。
I'm turning into a terrible husband, father.
turn into: 变成 terrible: 糟糕的 husband: 丈夫
我现在都变成了很糟糕的丈夫,父亲。
I need to get this off my conscience.
conscience: 内心
我需要把它倾诉出来。
It's tearing me apart.
tear apart: 撕裂
快把我逼疯了。
-Mike: Susan. What are you doing?
Susan,你在干什么啊?
-Susan: Oh. I was looking out the window,
window: 窗户
哦,我朝窗外望去,
and I noticed dust in the corner of each windowpane.
notice: 注意到 dust: 灰尘 corner: 角落
却发现每片玻璃角上都有灰尘。
It's been driving me nuts.
drive me nuts: 把我逼疯了
快把我逼疯了。
-Mike: Okay.
行了。
What's going on with you?
你怎么了?
-Susan: What do you mean?
你说什么?
-Mike: Well, there's a lot of weird stuff
weird: 奇怪的 stuff: 事情
呃,你在卧室会做很多
you like to do in the bedroom,
bedroom: 卧室
奇怪的事情,
but cleaning... not so much.
cleaning: 清洁
但是清洁... 可不多。
-Susan: Couldn't sleep.
睡不着。
-Mike: Yeah, that's been happening a lot lately.
happen: 发生 lately: 最近
对,最近经常如此。
You don't sleep. You don't eat.
sleep: 睡觉
你不睡觉。你不吃饭。
You never leave the house.
leave: 离开 house: 房子
你从不出门。
-Susan: That's not true. I'm substitute teaching today.
substitute: 代替
可不是。我今天去学校代班。
-Mike: And that's great, but...
那太好了,不过...
Did you have a fight with the girls?
fight: 争吵
你跟朋友们吵架了?
-Susan: What?
什么?
Why would you say that?
你怎么会这么说?
-Mike: Well, a month ago,
哦,一个月前
You were so excited to move back to the lane,
excite: 兴奋 lane: 街道
你还为搬回紫藤道而兴奋,
and now you never see 'em.
现在却不见朋友们了。
There's... No coffee, no poker,
coffee: 咖啡 poker: 扑克
而且... 不一起喝咖啡,不打牌,
no... Bitching about husbands over coffee and poker.
husband: 丈夫
不... 边喝咖啡边打牌边八卦你们的丈夫们。
-Susan: The girls and I are fine.
fine: 好
我和朋友们很好。
-Mike: Then what is it?
那究竟是什么?
Come on, Susan. It's me.
行了,Susan,是我。
You can tell me anything.
你对我无话不说。
-Susan: I'm going for a run.
我要去跑步。
-Mike: Susan.
Susan啊。
-Susan: Well, you said I should get out of the house more.
哦,你说我应该多到户外去。
-Renee: Hey.
嘿。
So what do we know about the new guy?
我们对新邻居知道些什么?
-Gaby: Definitely rich. Check out the car.
definite: 肯定 rich: 富有的
肯定有钱。看那车。
-Bree: Definitely single. Check out the fish.
single: 单身
肯定单身。看那鱼。
-Lynette: Rich and single...
单身又有钱...
I wonder what he looks like. You rarely get the trifecta.
wonder: 想知道 rarely: 很少 trifecta: 三重彩,三连胜
我想知道他长得怎样。很少有人处处完美。
-Renee: What's your guess?
guess: 猜
你猜呢?
Wonky eye? Rabbit teeth? Comb-over?
wonky: 弱的,小的 rabbit: 兔子 tooth: 牙
小眼睛?兔牙?娘们兮兮?
One normal eyebrow, one really big one?
normal: 正常的 eyebrow: 眉毛 really: 确实地
一边眉毛正常,一边大浓眉?
Baby hands?
baby: 婴儿 hand: 手
小嫩手?
I had it all on one guy. Did not end well.
我见过一个全有的家伙。可没经历什么好事。
-Gaby: Well, I actually saw our new neighbor this morning.
actually: 实际上 neighbor: 邻居
呃,我早晨见到我们的新邻居了。
-Lynette: Hmm.
嗯。
-Gaby: 6'1". 190.
身高6尺1 190磅。
He was wearing this great-looking pair of jeans.
wear: 穿 great-looking: 好看的 jean: 牛仔裤
穿着养眼的牛仔裤。
And let me just say,
恕我直言,
I can tell you one thing that isn't wonky.
告诉你们有一样东西可不小。
-Bree: Gaby.
Gaby啊。
-Gaby: Oh, come on. I'm married. I'm not dead.
married: 结婚的 dead: 死的
哦,得了。我是结婚了,可我还没死。
Can still imagine all the dirty things I'd do to him.
still: 仍然 imagine: 想象
还能想象到很多想跟他"做"的花样。
-Ben: Like what?
比如说?
-Gaby: Oh, god!
哦,天呐!
Oh! I didn't know you were...
哦!我不知道你就在...
Ah.
哈。
I'm Susan Delfino.
我是Susan Delfino。
Nice to meet you.
很高兴见到你。
-Ben: Ben faulkner.
我叫Ben faulkner
-Lynette: Hi.
嗨。
-Ben: Well, I'm actually 6'2",
呃,其实我有6尺2,
and I haven't been 190 since I played rugby,
rugby: 橄榄球
自从我开始打橄榄球以后就没有到过190磅了,
but, uh, thank you.
不过,呃,谢你美言。
Uh, and as for the jeans,
呃,说到这条牛仔裤,
you know, I could never figure out
figure out: 明白
其实,我就不明白
why they would cost 200 bucks. Now I know.
cost: 花费
为什么要200块这么贵。现在我明白了。
Ladies,
女士们,
excuse me.
借过。
-Lynette: Oh. Okay.
哦,好的。
-Ben: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Lynette: Welcome.
欢迎。
-Renee: Dibs.
我预定了。
-Bree: Look who's out.
看是谁出来了。
-Gaby: Hey, Susan!
嘿,Susan!
-Bree: Uh, would you like to join us for coffee?!
join: 加入
呃,你愿意来跟我们喝咖啡吗?
-Susan: Uh, sorry. I can't talk.
talk: 交谈
哦,抱歉,没时间谈了。
I'm subbing today! Can't be late!
sub: 代替
我今天代班!不能迟到!
-Bree: Is anyone talking to her?
有人跟她说话吗?
-Lynette: I tried. She's not returning my calls.
return: 回
我试了。她不接我电话。
-Gaby: Same here. She's obviously avoiding us.
obviously: 显然地 avoid: 回避
我也是,她显然是在回避我们。
I'm telling you, that is one loose cannon.
loose cannon: [美俚]我行我素的人
告诉你们,她一向我行我素。
-Bree: Well, we have got to get her back in the fold.
哦,我们必须把她拉回队伍。
This is too risky.
risky: 冒险
这太冒险了。
-Lynette: Says the woman who's dating a cop.
date: 约会 cop: 警察
出自一个跟警察约会的女人之口。
-Bree: Did it ever occur to you that it might be good to keep him close?
occur to: 想到 close: 亲近
你们想过跟他保持亲近可能会有好处吗?
If there's ever an investigation,
investigation: 调查
如果展开了调查,
I will be the first to know.
我将会第一个知道。
I'm doing this for us.
我这是为我们做的。
-Lynette: He's that good in the sack?
他床上有那么棒吗?
-Bree: You have no idea.
idea: 想法
你想象不到。
-Susan: And when you finish your worksheets on ladybugs,
finish: 完成 worksheet: 作业 ladybug: 瓢虫
等你们完成瓢虫的作业以后,
we will go outside and see if we can find some.
outside: 外面
我们就出去看能不能找到一些。
-Woman: Susan, how's it going?
Susan,怎么样?
-Susan: Good.
不错。
It's nice to be back.
回来真好。
To be honest,
honest: 诚实的
说实话,
I've been feeling a little down lately.
down: 情绪低落的
最近我情绪低落。
This is just what I needed.
正需要这样。
-Juanita: Mrs. Delfino?
Delfino夫人?
Cupcake's not moving.
cupcake: 蛋糕 move: 移动
蛋糕不动了。
-Susan: She's probably sleeping, honey.
probably: 也许 sleep: 睡觉
她应该是睡着了,亲爱的。
-Juanita: No, I poked her with my pencil a couple times.
poke: 戳 pencil: 铅笔 a couple: 几个
不是,我用铅笔戳了它几下。
She is d-e-a dead.
她死... 掉... 了。
-Susan: Uh... It's okay, kids. I know what to do.
呃... 没事,孩子们,我知道怎么办。
Oh, my god. What do I do?
哦,天呐,我该怎么办?
-Woman: There's a little spot in the garden
spot: 地点 garden: 花园
花园里有个小花池
where we bury the class pets.
bury: 埋葬 class: 班级 pet: 宠物
是我们埋葬班级宠物的地方。
Have a little funeral. Say a few words.
little: 小的 funeral: 葬礼
简单的葬礼。讲几句话。
Just don't mention god.
mention: 提到
别提上帝。
Amanda's parents are atheists, lawyers, and major douches.
parents: 父母 atheist: 无神论者 lawyer: 律师 douche: 冲洗
Amanda的父母是无神论者,律师。
-Carlos: Bless me, father, for I have sinned.
bless: 宽恕 father: 神父 sin: 罪恶
请况恕我,神父,对于我的罪恶。
It's been a while since my last confession.
confession: 忏悔
离我上次忏悔已经有很长时间了。
-Father: Continue, my son.
continue: 继续
继续,孩子。
My son. I'm sorry.
孩子。抱歉。
It's just you're, like, a thousand years older than me.
thousand: 一千
只是你,好像,比我大个一千岁左右。
-Carlos: Who are you and where's father Dugan?
你是谁,Dugan神父哪去了?
-Father: Leaving on sabbatical. Fun for him and fun for me.
sabbatical: 休假 fun: 有趣
休假去了,这段时间对我俩来说都很有意思。
This is my first week of confessions.
这是我第一周听忏悔。
-Carlos: It is?
是吧?
-Father: Yeah, and, man, the things i've heard.
是,而且,伙计,我听说,
There was a lady yesterday who...
lady: 女士
昨天有位女士...
No, no, no, I can't say it.
不,不对,不行,我不能说。
-Carlos: I think I'll come back.
我想我会回来的。
-Gaby: Unh-unh. No. You're not going anywhere.
anywhere: 任何地方
啊哈。不。你哪也不能去。
-Carlos: I told you to wait in the car.
wait: 等待
我让你在车里等着。
-Gaby: Don't snap at me. That's why we're here.
别吼我。我们就这为这个来的。
You keep saying you wanna talk to someone, so talk to this guy.
你总说你要找人倾诉,就跟他说吧。
He seems perfectly... Enthusiastic.
perfectly: 非常 enthusiastic: 有热情的
他看起来... 蛮有兴趣听的。
-Carlos: He's 12 years old. This will blow his collar off.
blow: 吹 collar: 领子
他才12,这会让他惊慌失措的。
-Father: Oh, man, this must be awesome.
awesome: 令人难忘的
哦,伙计,这事肯定特带劲。
I'm so bummed I can't tweet anymore.
bum: 不合格的
我太失望了,不能再这样了。
-Carlos: Sorry. If it's not father Dugan, I'm not doing this.
抱歉。如果不是Dugan神父,我不会说的。
-Gaby: No...
不…
-Carlos: Let's go.
咱们走。
-Father: Nuts.
疯子们。
I was really hoping this would be a good one.
hope: 希望
真希望这个不会让我失望。
-Gaby: I made out with two chicks once in college.
chick: 小姐 college: 学校
上学的时候我曾经跟两个小姐乱搞过
-Father: This job rocks!
job: 工作
这工作太棒了!
-Juanita: Uh...
呃...
I don't know if you've ever buried anything before,
anything: 任何东西 bury: 埋
不知道你埋没埋过东西,
but you have to dig a hole.
dig: 挖 hole: 洞
不过你必须先挖个坑。
-Susan: Right. Of course.
对。当然。
I knew that.
我知道。
It's funny the way life works out sometimes, isn't it?
funny: 有趣的
生命有的时候确实很有意思,对吧?
I mean, I wasn't even supposed to be here today.
suppose to: 应该
我是说,本来我今天都不该来。
Once again, in the wrong place at the wrong time.
wrong: 错误的 place: 地点
又一次,在错误的时间出现在了错误的地点。
Now I have to carry this around with me
carry: 背负
现在我不得不终生
for the rest of my life.
the rest of: 剩余的
背负着这个事情了。
-Juanita: Don't be sad, Mrs. Delfino.
sad: 难过
别太悲伤了,Delfino夫人。
Cupcake was kind of a bad hamster.
hamster: 仓鼠
蛋糕这只仓鼠不乖。
She had three babies and ate them.
baby: 幼崽 eat: 吃
她生了三只幼崽却都吃掉了。
-Susan: But does that mean she deserved to die?
deserve to: 理应
但那就意味着她该死吗?
We don't get to make that call, Juanita.
make the call: 决定
这不应该是由我们来做决定的,Juanita。
We're not God.
我们不是上帝。
That's right, Amanda. I said it.
是,Amanda,我说了。
What have I done?
我都做了什么?
-Juanita: It's not your fault.
fault: 错
不是你的错。
-Susan: I know it's not my fault,
我知道不是我的错,
But try telling that to cupcake's family
family: 家庭
可是蛋糕的家人来找她的时候,
when they show up looking for her.
show up: 出现
我怎么说。
There.
走你。
We're done.
完事了。
Now let's all slap on a happy face
happy face: 笑脸
现在我们都装出一副笑脸,
and pretend like this never happened.
pretend: 假装 never: 从未
假装什么都没发生过。
-Gaby: Can I come in?
我能进来吗?
-Susan: I'm really not feeling like drinking right now.
really: 真的 feel like: 想要 drink: 喝酒
我现在不想喝酒。
-Gaby: Great. Mmm.
很好,嗯。
So... were you two close?
close: 熟悉
那么... 你俩熟吗?
-Susan: Pardon?
什么?
-Gaby: You and cupcake.
你跟蛋糕。
Juanita told me what happened.
Juanita告诉我发生什么了。
I assume you two had a long history,
assume: 猜测 history: 历史
我猜你俩肯定相识已久,
went to college together, backpacked through europe.
backpack: 徒步旅行 Europe: 欧洲
大学同学,还相伴徒步穿越过欧洲。
-Susan: It just sort of hit me in a weird way.
sort of: 某种程度上的 hit: 打击 weird: 奇怪
只是这件事对我打击不小。
-Gaby: I'm worried about you.
worry about: 担心
我在担心你。
First, you stop talking to your friends.
首先,你不再和朋友们说话。
Now you're wigging out at a rat funeral.
wig out: 激动,发狂 rat: 老鼠 funeral: 葬礼
现在你又在耗子的葬礼上失去理智。
You're making me nervous.
nervous: 紧张
你让我紧张了。
-Susan: Well, I'm sorry I'm not handling accessory to murder
handle: 处理 accessory: 同谋的 murder: 谋杀
哦,抱歉我对谋杀同谋罪
as well as the rest of you.
不像你们那样适应。
-Gaby: Susan, I'm begging you.
beg: 乞求
Susan,求你了。
This is my husband's life we're talking about.
husband: 丈夫
我们谈的是我丈夫的性命。
If anything were to happen to him,
happen: 发生
如果他出什么事,
think of what would happen to me and my girls.
想想我跟我的女儿们会出什么事。
I know you're having a hard time,
hard: 艰难的
我知道你最近不好过,
but please hold it together.
hold: 保持,坚持
但请团结一点。
-Susan: I'm trying.
我在试。
-Gaby: Try harder.
再努力些。
-Chuck: Bree?
Bree啊?
Do I smell...
smell: 闻到
我闻到...
-Bree: Yes, white chocolate macadamia nut... your favorite.
white: 白 chocolate: 巧克力 macadamia: 澳洲坚果 nut: 坚果 favorite: 最喜欢的东西
对。白巧克力澳洲坚果... 你的最爱。
-Chuck: Oh!
哦!
Now you're my favorite. Mwah.
现在你是我的最爱,睦啊。
-Bree: Hmm.
嗯。
How was your day?
你今天过得怎样?
-Chuck: Terrific. I found a dead body.
dead body: 死尸
棒极了。我发现了一具死尸。
Oh, I'm... I'm sorry.
哦,对不起... 对不起。
You don't wanna hear about this.
你不爱听这些。
-Bree: No, I do. Your work is fascinating.
fascinating: 吸引人的
不,我爱听。你的工作太有意思了。
So, um, where exactly did you find this body?
exactly: 具体的
那么,嗯,你具体在哪发现的这具尸体?
-Chuck: Warehouse out by the docks.
warehouse: 仓库 dock: 码头
港区旁的仓库里。
So now I'm a big hero because I cracked a case
hero: 英雄 crack: 解决,侦破 case: 案件
所以现在大家把我当大英雄,因为我解决了
those poor bastards in New Haven p.d.
poor: 可怜的
那些纽黑文警局的可怜虫
have been working on for months.
头疼了几个月的案子。
-Bree: Oh, good for you.
哦,真为你高兴。
-Chuck: Mm. I got lucky.
lucky: 幸运的
嗯,运气好而已。
All I did was spot a sedan with Connecticut plates,
spot: 注意到 sedan: 轿车
我只是注意到一台康乃狄克州车牌的轿车,
a bunch of tickets on the windshield,
bunch of: 一堆 windshield: 挡风玻璃
挡风玻璃前面有一叠罚单,
and I asked myself, "who owns that car?"
own: 拥有
然后我就问自己“那车是谁的呢?”
-Bree: The dead man had a car.
死者有一台车。
-Vance: Exactly. The killers did everything right,
killer: 凶手
完全正确。凶手安排好了每一件事,
but they forgot to get rid of the victim's ride.
forget: 忘记 victim: 受害者 ride: 坐骑
但是他们忘了处理受害人的坐骑了。
-Bree: What idiots.
idiot: 傻瓜
多愚蠢啊。
Mm-hmm.
嗯嗯。
So you kept his keys,
你留着他的钥匙,
but it never occurred to you he might have a car.
却从来没想过他可能会有一台车。
-Gaby: I just threw all his stuff in our safe.
throw: 扔 stuff: 东西
我只是把他的东西全都丢进保险箱。
I didn't spend a lot of time thinking about it.
我没花太多时间去想。
-Bree: There it is.
是那台。
-Gaby: Okay, what's our plan?
plan: 计划
好吧,我们要怎么做?
-Bree: Drop it off in a bad part of town,
drop off: 丢弃
把车丢到镇上哪个破角落去,
and let social decay... take its course.
social: 社会的 decay: 腐烂
然后顺其自然... 让它腐烂。
-Gaby: Oh, God, do you have to tidy up?
tidy up: 清理
哦,上帝,你还要把它收拾干净?
Get in. If anybody catches us in this car, we're dead.
catch: 抓到
上车。要是有人抓到我们在这车里,我们就死定了。
-Bree: Oh, no, it's a stick.
stick: 操纵杆
哦,不,这是手动档。
I can't drive a stick. Can you?
我不会开手动档的车。你会吗?
-Gaby: I did once in high school.
我高中的时候开过一次。
It's easy. Just one extra pedal.
extra: 额外的 pedal: 脚踏板
很容易的,只是多了一个踏板。
Oh.
哦。
It was easier when I was drunk.
还是我喝醉的时候开起来比较容易。
Oh, my god.
哦,我的天。
What should I do? Should I gun it?
gun: 加大油门
我该怎么做?加速吗?
-Bree: Gun it? You can't even drive it.
加速?你还没开起来呢。
-Chuck: I thought that was you.
我就知道是你们。
-Bree: Chuck. Look, Gaby, it's Chuck.
Chuck。Gaby,这是 Chuck。
-Gaby: Mm.
嗯。
-Chuck: I... I saw you were struggling.
struggle: 挣扎
我... 我看你们开得很艰难啊。
Whose car is this?
这是谁的车子?
-Gaby: My aunt's.
aunt: 姑姑
我姑姑。
-Bree: My friend's.
我朋友。
Her aunt and my friend.
她姑姑也就是我朋友。
-Gaby: Aunt Shirley.
Shirley姑姑。
She, uh, came over to my place last night for book club, and...
book club: 读书会
她,呃,昨晚来我家参加读书会,然后...
-Bree: She had too much to drink.
她喝多了。
-Gaby: Classic Shirley.
classic: 典型的
Shirley的经典做派。
So we told her we'd bring her car back today.
所以我们告诉她今天我们会把她的车开回去。
-Bree: In fact, she's waiting for us, so we should scoot.
scoot: 快走
她等着呢,得赶快。
-Gaby: Yeah.
是啊。
-Chuck: No way.
不行。
I'll drive.
我来开。
-Bree: What?
什么?
-Chuck: The way you guys are going, you're gonna kill someone.
你们这样开车,会当马路杀手的。
Go, Bob. I'll meet you back at the station.
station: 警局
你走吧,Bob。我们回头在局里见。
-Gaby: Oh, no, Bob, Bob, don't go! Bob? Oh.
哦,不,Bob啊,Bob 别走!Bob?哦。
Well...
呃...
Okay, a road trip in this neat old car
trip: 旅行 neat: 整洁的
好吧,坐着这台整洁的老爷车,
with your cop boyfriend. Fun.
cop: 警察
跟你的警察男友来一趟汽车旅行吧,真有意思。
-Chuck: So where does Shirley live?
Shirley住在哪里?
-Gaby: Yeah, Bree, where does she live?
是啊,Bree 她住哪里?
-Bree: Why are you asking me? She's your aunt.
为什么问我呢?她可是你姑姑。
-Gaby: Just keep driving. I'll tell you when to turn.
turn: 转弯
你就开吧。该转弯的时候我会告诉你的。
-Chuck: Huh. That's interesting.
interesting: 有趣
呵。真有趣。
-Bree: No, it's not.
不,一点也不。
I mean... what is?
我是说... 什么东西?
-Chuck: Oklahoma City Redhawks. Is your aunt a fan?
俄克拉荷马市红鹰队。你姑姑是球迷吗?
-Gaby: Oh, yeah, Shirley loves that... uh... sport.
sport: 运动
哦,是啊,Shirley喜欢那个... 呃... 运动。
-Chuck: And... men's cologne?
cologne: 古龙水
还有... 男士古龙水?
-Bree: She's a lesbian.
lesbian: 女同性恋
她是同性恋。
-Gaby: Yeah. She could've been married, but, no, she's a lesbian.
是啊,她本来可以是已婚的,但是,不行了,她是同性恋了。
-Chuck: So, this, um, aunt or... friend,
所以,这位,嗯,姑姑还是... 朋友,
who's a men's cologne-wearing lesbian...
这位搽男士古龙水的女同性恋...
she also likes to chew tobacco?
chew: 嚼 tobacco: 烟叶
还喜欢嚼烟叶?
'Cause I never met a woman who likes to chew...
我从没见过女人喜欢嚼这个的...
ever.
从没。
-Gaby: I chew tobacco.
我就嚼烟叶的。
And I'm a woman.
而我就是女人。
Yeah.
是的。
Mmm.
嗯。
Mmm.
嗯。
All that's missing is a glass of Chardonnay.
a glass of: 一杯
还差一杯Chardonnay酒就完美了。
-Bree: I keep telling her to quit. "do you want mouth cancer?"
quit: 戒掉 mouth: 嘴 cancer: 癌症
我一直在劝她戒掉,我跟她说:“你想得口腔癌吗?”
I say, but she won't listen.
但她总是不听。
-Chuck: You okay?
你没事吧?
-Gaby: Yeah. Ugh!
没事,呃!
No. Pull over. Now.
pull over: 开到路边
不行了。靠边。马上。
Sorry! Shirley likes plain. I prefer chocolate.
plain: 原味 prefer: 更喜欢 chocolate: 巧克力
抱歉!Shirley喜欢原始口味的,我更喜欢巧克力味的。
-Chuck: Oh!
哦!
Ooh.
哦。
-Robber: Get out.
下车。
-Bree: What?
什么?
-Robber: I'm taking your car.
我要抢你的车。
-Bree: Oh, my god. I could kiss you!
哦,天啊。我真想吻你!
-Robber: What? What are you... just get out!
什么?你说什么... 快下去!
-Bree: Shh! Keep your voice down.
voice: 声音 down: 降低
嘘!小声点。
That man over there is a cop.
那边那男人是警察。
-Robber: A cop?
警察?
-Bree: No! Get back in here.
不!回来坐好。
When you start something, young man, you see it through.
young: 年轻的
做事要有始有终,年轻人。
Buckle up!
系好安全带!
-Chuck: Hey, what happened?
嘿,发生什么事了?
-Bree: Shirley. Just happened to be walking by.
happen to: 碰巧 walk by: 路过
是Shirley。她刚好路过这里。
Isn't that a stroke of luck?
真走运,不是吗?
So do you think your friend Bob could give us a ride home?
ride: 搭车
你朋友Bob可以送我们回家吗?
-Chuck: Sure. I'll... I'll call him.
当然可以。我... 我给他打电话。
-Gaby: So how's that dating a cop while covering up a murder
date: 约会 cover up: 掩盖 murder: 谋杀
在掩盖一场凶杀的同时跟一个警察恋爱
working out for you?
你感觉怎么样?
-Renee: Don't distract them. They have an important job to do.
distract: 使分心 important: 重要的
别让它们分心。它们要去完成重要的任务。
I'm gonna go see the new neighbor.
neighbor: 邻居
我要去见见那位新邻居。
You know, give him a ride on the ol' welcome wagon.
welcome: 欢迎 wagon: 货车
你懂的,去向他表示对新居民的欢迎。
-Lynette: Wow, that was fast.
哇,这么快。
I didn't know you two had even talked.
我都不知道你们聊过天了。
-Renee: We haven't.
还没呢。
-Lynette: So what makes you think he's gonna be interested?
那你凭什么认为他会对你感兴趣?
-Renee: Hear that, ladies? Watch and learn.
听见了吗,女士们?看着,好好学吧。
I will show you some of my secrets.
show: 展示 secret: 秘密
我来教你一些秘诀。
Hi. I'm gonna save us some time.
嗨。我想节约一下彼此的时间。
Look, I'm single. You're single.
single: 单身
你瞧,我单身。你单身。
I'm hot. You're hot. Assuming you're not gay,
hot: 火辣的 assume: 推测 gay: 同性恋
我很辣。你很帅。估计你不是同性恋。
and those shoes tell me you're not,
shoes: 鞋子
那双鞋子说明你不是了,
we could do that thing where we flirt for a few weeks.
flirt: 调情
我们可以直接从已经恋爱好几星期的阶段开始。
You can stare at my ass getting the mail,
stare: 盯着 ass: 臀部 mail: 邮件
你可以在我出来取信的时候盯着我臀部看,
and I do get my mail four times a day.
我的确每天会取4次信。
Or you... could invite me in for... coffee...
invite: 邀请 coffee: 咖啡
你也... 可以邀请我进去喝一杯... 咖啡...
right now.
就是现在。
-Ben: Thanks for the offer, but, uh, I'm good.
offer: 提议
谢谢你的提议,不过,呃,不必了。
-Renee: Excuse me.
不好意思。
Um, when I said "coffee,"
嗯,我说"咖啡"
you did know I meant sex, right?
其实你懂我的意思是性爱,对吧?
-Ben: Oh, you were subtle, but, uh, yeah. I got it.
subtle: 隐晦的
哦,你很隐晦,不过,呃,是的,我懂。
-Lynette: Wow. You should write a book.
哇,你真该写本教科书。
Otherwise, when you die, your secrets will die with you.
otherwise: 否则
否则当你死的时候,你的秘诀也会跟着入土了。
-Gaby: Father Dugan!
Dugan神父!
I'm so glad I caught you.
真高兴我找到你了。
I don't know if you remember me.
remember: 记得
不知道你是否还记得我。
-Father: Gabrielle Solis. I assume you've come to apologize
apologize: 道歉
记得,Gabrielle Solis,我猜你的来意是
for taking a phone call during my Easter sermon?
phone call: 电话 Easter: 复活节 sermon: 布道
为在我复活节布道时接电话的事道歉?
-Gaby: Oh! I'm sorry, Father. But, you know,
哦!我很抱歉,神父。可是,你知道的,
if you don't confirm those spa appointments, you lose 'em.
confirm: 确认 spa: 水疗 appointment: 预约
你要是不去确认那些水疗的预约,就会被取消掉的。
-Father: Yeah.
是啊。
-Gaby: Um, anyway, I came here about Carlos.
嗯,不管怎样,我是为了Carlos来找你的。
He's in trouble, and he needs your help.
in trouble: 处在困境
他正处在困境,需要你的帮助。
-Father: Well, I'd love to help Carlos. He's a good man.
嗯,我愿意帮助Carlos,他是个好人。
But I'm afraid you're too late.
afraid: 恐怕
但是恐怕你来得太晚了。
-Gaby: What? You were the one who kept blabbing in that sermon
什么?你一直在布道的时候喋喋不休说什么,
how it's never too late to confess your sins.
confess: 忏悔 sin: 罪恶
忏悔罪恶永远都不会太迟的。
See?
瞧?
I can listen and take calls.
我能一边接电话一边听布道的。
-Father: It's true. God waits until the heart is ready.
true: 对 until: 直到 heart: 心 ready: 准备好的
没错。上帝会一直等到你有勇气来忏悔。
But the airlines are a little stricter,
airline: 飞机 stricter: 严格的,精确的
但是飞机航班没有那么多耐性,
and I'm not going overseas in a middle seat.
oversea: 海外 middle: 中间 seat: 座位
而且我不想坐中间座位长途飞行。
So if you'll excuse me.
excuse: 原谅
如果你不介意的话,我先失陪了。
-Driver: You getting on, too, Miss?
你也要上车吗,小姐?
-Gaby: Uh, yes, but I couldn't... manage my bag.
呃,是的,不过我... 拿不动我的包。
Be a dear and grab it for me?
grab: 拿
可以麻烦你帮我拿来吗?
-Father: Hey.
嘿。
What are you doing?
你在做什么?
-Gaby: Taking you to the airport...
airport: 机场
绕个小弯...
with one quick detour.
detour: 绕道
送你去飞机场。
-Driver: Hey! Hey, hey, hey! Stop it! Stop it!
嘿!嘿,嘿!停车!停车!
-Father: Are you crazy? I can't miss my plane.
crazy: 疯的 miss: 错过 plane: 飞机
你疯了吗?我不能错过航班的。
-Gaby: Well, I'm sorry if I'm trying to get you to do God's work
很对不起,我拉你去做神的工作,
instead of going on your dream vacation to...
instead of: 代替 dream: 梦想 vacation: 假日
破坏了你的梦想假日,害你不能去...
-Father: Rwanda, where i'll be digging wells... for lepers.
dig: 挖 well: 水井 leper: 麻风病人
卢旺达,我要去那里给麻风病人... 挖水井。
-Gaby: Well, your little friends are gonna have to wait.
呃,你那些小朋友们得等等了。
Well, where did you come from?
呃,你们是从哪里冒出来的?
-Man: We're headed off on our honeymoon.
honeymoon: 蜜月
我们要去度蜜月。
-Woman: And we can't have any detours.
我们不能绕弯道。
They say you have to get to the airport three hours early
听说坐国际班机你得提前三个小时
for international flights.
international: 国际的 flight: 航班
到机场等候的。
-Gaby: Oh, honey, relax. Since we caught Bin Laden,
relax: 放松
哦,亲爱的,放松点。本拉登被抓以后
you can stroll on the plane anytime you want.
stroll: 闲逛,漫步
你任何时候都可以慢悠悠地登机。
-Carlos: It's just, I've done something, Father,
我做了一件事,神父。
and I'm afraid that it's... unforgivable.
unforgivable: 不可饶恕
而且我担心那件事... 是不可饶恕的。
-Father: God can forgive us for anything.
上帝会饶恕我们做的任何事情。
-Carlos: Really? Anything?
真的吗?任何事?
-Father: Yes.
是的。
If we're willing to show that we are truly repentant.
repentant: 悔改的
只要我们愿意表达自己真心的悔改之意。
-Carlos: How?
怎么表达?
-Father: Well, it's not by what we say.
呃,不是通过语言。
It's by what we do.
而是通过行为。
For instance, if we were talking about a crime...
for instance: 比如 crime: 犯罪
比如说,如果一个人犯了罪...
then confessing to the authorities
confess: 认罪 authority: 机构
那么向当局自首,
would prove the intentions of our heart.
prove: 证明 intention: 心意
就能证明自己的心思意念。
-Carlos: That...
那...
is not an option.
option: 选择
是不可行的。
There are other people involved... innocent people.
involve: 牵涉 innocent: 无辜的
还有其他人牵连在内... 无辜的人。
-Father: You can't ask to be absolved
absolve: 赦免
对一项你有意隐瞒的罪,
for a sin that you intend to keep hidden.
intend to: 意图 hide: 隐瞒
你是不能请求上帝宽恕的。
-Carlos: You should go.
你该走了。
You're gonna miss your flight.
不然就要错过航班了。
-Father: I don't wanna leave you, Carlos,
在确定你没事之前,Carlos,
not till I'm sure that you're gonna be okay.
我不想离开你。
-Carlos: Father Dugan, I don't see any way
Dugan神父,我完全不认为
that I am ever going to be okay.
我有可能好起来。
-Gaby: Hey.
嘿。
-Carlos: Hey.
嘿。
-Gaby: I wish I could make you stop thinking about this.
真希望我能让你不再烦恼这件事。
-Carlos: Yeah, me, too.
嗯,我也希望。
I don't even know what I was looking for.
我甚至不知道自己在寻找什么。
There is no absolution for this thing.
absolution: 赦免,免罪
这事不可饶恕,
I just have to live with it.
我只能活在它的阴影下。
-Gaby: Every noise I'd hear at night, it was him.
noise: 声音
夜里听到的每个声音,我都觉得是他。
Every dark alley I passed, he was waiting for me.
dark: 黑暗的 alley: 小巷
走过的每条黑暗的小巷,我都觉得他在埋伏。
When I'd lie in bed,
每当我躺在床上,
I was afraid he'd come find me.
都害怕他会找到我。
He was in my dreams... And in my nightmares.
nightmare: 梦魇
他在我梦里... 是我的梦魇。
I couldn't escape him.
escape: 逃脱
无法摆脱。
And that's what I had to live with...
那是我不得不承受的...
Until now.
直到现在。
For the first time, I'm not scared.
scare: 害怕
第一次,我不再害怕。
You did that for me.
是你为我做的。
-Carlos: Yeah...
是...
By taking a man's life.
通过杀了个人。
-Gaby: Yes, you may have taken a life, but you also saved one.
save: 救
是,你是杀了个人,但你也救了我。
So if it's absolution you're looking for...
所以如果你在寻觅宽恕的话...
I give it to you.
我给你宽恕。
-Tom: Hey, is everything okay with the kids?
嘿,孩子们没事吧?
-Lynette: Yeah, yeah, the... The kids are fine. I just...
是,是,孩子... 孩子们没事,我只是...
-Tom: What? Did something happen?
怎么了?出什么事了?
-Lynette: I really... Need you right now.
我现在... 很需要你。
-Tom: Okay.
好吧。
Morning.
早上好。
-Lynette: Morning.
早上好。
Oh, my god. Oh, my god.
哦,天呐。哦,天呐。
Crap, crap, crap.
该死,该死,该死。
-Tom: Ah.
啊。
-Lynette: Ohh! Ugh! Ugh!
哦!啊!啊!
-Tom: Honey.
亲爱的。
-Lynette: Ooh. No, I'm okay. Okay, go.
我没事,快走。
-Tom: Shh, shh, shh, shh.
嘘,嘘,嘘,嘘。
-Lynette: They're still asleep.
asleep: 睡着的
他们还睡着呢。
Thank god.
谢天谢地。
-Tom: I'll start the coffee.
coffee: 咖啡
我来煮咖啡。
-Lynette: Okay, you read my mind.
好的,你真了解我。
-Tom: So last night...
昨晚那次...
-Lynette: Yeah.
是。
-Tom: We should talk about it.
我们该谈谈。
-Lynette: Uh-huh.
嗯哈。
-Tom: I mean...
我是说...
If you wanna get back together...
如果你想复合...
I'm open to that.
我没问题。
But we have some serious problems
serious: 严肃的,正经的
但我们之间的问题,
that are gonna require serious work.
require: 需要
还需要正经解决。
-Lynette: Oh, god.
哦,天呐。
Last night...
昨晚...
Uh...
呃...
Was...
只是...
Not about getting back together.
together: 一起
不是为了复合。
-Tom: Then what the hell was it about?
那到底是为什么?
-Lynette: I...
我...
I had a nightmare.
nightmare: 噩梦
我做噩梦了。
-Tom: Well... A... a nightmare? Are you kidding me?
kidding: 开玩笑
呃... 做... 做噩梦?你耍我呢?
-Lynette: You've gotta understand.
understand: 理解
你要理解。
I'm having a lot of nightmares.
我总做恶梦。
This is such a scary time, and I really need you.
scary: 可怕的
这段时间太可怕了,而我真的需要你。
That's...that's why I didn't want to tell the kids.
所以... 所以我没跟孩子们说。
Having you across the street makes me feel safe.
across: 对面
你在街对面住着让我有安全感。
-Tom: You're unbelievable.
unbelievable: 难以置信
你简直不可理喻。
You know what you do when you're scared, Lynette?
你知道害怕的时候该干什么吗,Lynette?
You buy a night-light.
night-light: 夜灯
你该买个夜灯。
You don't go have sex with the guy
而不应该去跟那个
you are supposed to be separated from!
be suppose to: 应该 separate: 分开
本该分开的男人做爱!
-Penny: I want french toast.
French toast: 法式烤面包
我要面包。
-Tom: Kids...
孩子们...
There's something your mom and I need to tell you.
妈妈爸爸要跟你们说一些事情。
-Lynette: Yeah.
对。
Why don't we sit down?
我们怎么不坐下?
-Mike: Hey, I, uh, I know it's a barbecue,
barbecue: 烧烤
嘿,我,呃,我知道只是个烧烤聚会,
but isn't that a little casual?
casual: 随意
但你是不是不太在意?
-Susan: Yeah, um,
是,嗯,
I don't think I'm gonna go this year.
我今年不想去了。
Why don't you go without me?
你自己去好吗?
-Mike: Hey, do I need to be worried?
嘿,要我担心吗?
-Susan: I told you. I'm fine.
跟你说了。我没事。
-Mike: I don't mean worried about you.
我不是担心你。
I mean worried about us.
worry about: 担心
我是担心咱俩。
I thought this was some problem between you and your friends,
problem: 问题
我本以为是你跟你朋友之间的问题,
but... The way you've been shutting me out,
shut out: 排除,关在外面
可... 你这样疏远我,
I'm starting to think you've got a problem with me.
我开始认为是你对我有意见了。
-Susan: How could you say that?
你怎么能这么说?
No matter what I'm going through,
不管我遇到什么,
I would never let anything come between us.
between: 之间
我都不会让咱俩之间产生任何隔阂的。
-Mike: Yeah, I'm sure Tom and Lynette felt the same way.
是,我肯定Tom和Lynette也是这么想的。
Look where they ended up.
end up: 结果
你看他们最后怎么样了。
Well, I'm headed over there without you.
好吧,我自己去。
-Susan: No. I'm going with you.
不,我跟你一起去。
You're right.
你说对了。
I do have a problem with the girls.
problem: 问题
我是和朋友们之间有点问题。
It's about time I went over there and straightened it out.
straighten: 挑明
我是时候该过去跟他们把话挑明了。
-Gaby: No! No way. You are not bringing Mike in on this.
不!不行。你不能告诉Mike。
-Susan: He's not gonna tell anyone. We can trust him.
trust: 信任
他不会对任何人说的。我们可以相信他。
-Gaby: Oh, just like I could trust you
哦,就像我们同意保守秘密的时候
when we agreed to keep this between us?
相信你那样?
-Bree: Susan, we all empathize with your position,
empathize: 同情 position: 处境
Susan 我们都理解你的处境,
but I don't think it's smart to tell Mike.
smart: 明智的
但我不认为告诉Mike是个好主意。
-Susan: Well, he knows something is up.
呃,他知道有事情发生了。
It's affecting our marriage.
affect: 影响 marriage: 婚姻
这正在影响我们的婚姻。
-Gaby: You know what's gonna affect my marriage?
你知道什么会影响我的婚姻吗?
When my husband goes to prison.
husband: 丈夫 prison: 监狱
我丈夫会进监狱的。
-Lynette: I think we should let her tell him.
我觉得我们应该让她说。
-Gaby: I can't believe this.
believe: 相信
难以置信。
-Bree: We all made a pact that night.
pact: 契约,约定
那晚我们都商量好了。
I don't remember anybody bringing up
remember: 记得 bring up: 提起
我不记得有人提过会有
these extra conditions.
extra: 额外的 condition: 情况
特殊情况的。
-Lynette: Well, you weren't exactly asking anyone's opinion that night,
exactly: 确切的 opinion: 意见
呃,那晚你也并没有询问过别人的意见,
were you, Bree?
你有吗,Bree?
-Bree: What is that supposed to mean?
mean: 意思
你这话什么意思?
-Lynette: It means you elected yourself chairman
elect: 选举 chairman: 主席
就是说你自立为
of the... dead guy committee
committee: 委员会
为... 死尸善后处理委员会主席,
and started making decisions for everyone.
decision: 决定
然后开始为大家做决定。
Like you always do.
像你一贯的作风。
-Gaby: Well, somebody had to, Susan,
哦,必须有人要这样做,Susan,
and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be you.
而且肯定他妈的不能是你。
-Susan: I'm done talking about this.
我不谈这个了。
The only reason I came to this barbecue
barbecue: 烧烤
我过来的唯一原因是
was to let you know that I am telling Mike.
来让你们知道我要去告诉Mike。
-Gaby: The hell you are.
去你妈的。
-Susan: Aah!
啊!
-Lynette: Oh, my god!
哦,天呐!
Gaby! Gaby!
Gaby!Gaby啊!
-Mike: Trade Manning? What, are you out of your mind?
换走Manning(印第安纳波利斯小马橄榄球队明星四分卫)?什么,你疯了吗?
-Chuck: Think for a minute. When is his stock ever gonna be higher?
stock: 资本
仔细想想。他还有什么升值的可能吗?
-Susan: Let me go!
放开我!
-Chuck: You could get a great player.
player: 选手
可以换到很棒的人。
-Mike: Yeah, maybe a great quarterback, like, I don't know. Manning?
quarterback: 四分卫
对,没准能换来一个好四分卫呢,比如,还有谁,还是Manning吧?
-Susan: Ow! Get off me!
喔!下去!
-Bree: Girls, people can hear us!
姑娘们,他们能听见我们!
-Gaby: Ow! I told you we couldn't trust her!
哦!我早跟你说我们不能相信她!
-Susan: I can't see.
我看不见了。
-Bree: Lynette! Aah!
Lynette!啊!
-Lynette: Oh! I got it!
哦!我抓住了!
-Mike: What the hell's going on?
这到底是怎么了?
-Susan: Uh, well...
哦,呃...
I... Lost my earring, and the girls here were
lost: 丢掉 earring: 耳环
我... 耳环掉了,这些好心的姑娘们
kind enough to help me look for it.
正帮我找呢。
-Bree: Oh! There it is!
哦!在那呢!
Oh!
哦!
-Lynette: I went food shopping yesterday.
shopping: 购物
昨天我去买食品。
I kept having to put things back.
却不停地把拿到的东西放回去。
I'd take a couple of cans of peaches.
can: 罐头 peach: 桃子
我拿了几罐桃子罐头。
And then I'd remember that Tom
然后想起来只有Tom
was the only one who liked them, put them back.
爱吃,所以又放回去了。
Sweet pickles... Tom.
sweet: 甜 pickle: 泡菜
甜泡菜... 也是Tom的。
Put them back.
也要放回去。
-Bree: I am so sorry.
真抱歉。
With everything that's been going on,
发生的那一切的时候,
I haven't been there for you.
没能陪在你身边。
-Gaby: I guess we've all been guilty of that.
guilty: 愧疚
我觉得我们都有责任。
I'm sorry, Susan.
对不起,Susan。
-Susan: This is so damn hard.
这太难了。
-Lynette: You know, the good thing
其实,也有好处。
about Mike and Tom not knowing is they can't be implicated.
implicate: 牵连其中
Mike和Tom不知道所以就不会受牵连。
If something were to happen,
如果将来会发生什么的话,
at least they'd be okay.
at least: 至少
至少他们不会有事。
-Susan: We are never gonna be able to tell anybody about this, are we?
我们再也不可能对任何人说了,是吗?
-Bree: No.
对。
Are you gonna be able to live with that?
你能承受得了吗?
-Susan: I'm gonna try.
我会尽力的。
-Aside: It's only the best of friends
只有最亲近的朋友
who stay long after the party's over
party: 聚会
才会在聚会结束后留下
To help clean up...
帮忙善后...
To cleanse the pain of a guilty conscience...
cleanse: 使…洁净 pain: 痛苦 conscience: 良心
处理良心发现的痛苦...
To pick up the pieces...
pick up: 捡起 piece: 片
重拾破裂的...
of a broken marriage...
broken: 破裂的
婚姻碎片...
To sweep away the loneliness of keeping a secret.
sweep away: 清除 loneliness: 孤独 secret: 秘密
扫清保守秘密的孤独。
Yes...
对...
It's good to have friends who help clean up our messes.
mess: 混乱
有朋友帮忙善后是件好事。
But every housewife knows
housewife: 家庭主妇
但所有的家庭主妇都知道,
that as soon as one mess is taken care of...
as soon as: 一…就…
一件事情处理完后...
Another one appears.
appear: 发生
很快又有另一件事情发生。
And we may find ourselves...
而我们可能会发现自己...
Right back where we started.
又回到了起点。



评 论


