看 Heroes 学英语第三季 22集:Turn and Face the Strange
Previously on Heroes...
英雄前情提要...
-Matt: Daphne!
Daphne!
-Mohinder: This woman is dying. I need to get her to an emergency room. I can't do anything to help her here.
emergency: 突然事件,紧急情况 emergency room: 急诊室
这个女人快死了,我必须把她送进急诊室,在这里我救不了她。
-Jakob: I don't want you to help her.
我没想让你救她。
Got another assignment for you.
assignment: 任务
有其他任务交给你。
-Policemen: I want the perimeter locked down.A-team, rip apart the rectory.
perimeter: 周界,边缘 lock down: 锁定 rip apart: 撕破,冲破 rectory: 教区长的住宅
封锁四周。A组,冲破教区长管区。
-Noah: All clear.
警报解除。
-Angela: I slept, and I had a dream. I know what we have to do now. We need to go find Nathan and Claire. We need to bring this family together.
bring together: 使…聚在一起
我睡着了,还做了个梦。我知道现在我们必须要做什么了,我们必须找到Nathan和Claire,全家人团结在一起。
-Hiro: And they're coming for little Matt. We were sent to help.
他们是来找小Matt的,我们是来帮你的。
-Policeman: Janice Parkman, we have a warrant to bring you and your child in for questioning.
warrant: 授权状,许可证 question: (动词) 审问,询问
Janice Parkman,我们被授权来带你和你的孩子去做调查。
-Hiro: (Japanese) Toddler touch and go. You touched me and made my power go.
toddler: 幼儿,学走步的小孩
宝贝传送到安全的地方去。你一碰我就让我恢复了能力。
-Ando: Did you teleport us?
teleport: 远距传物,心灵运输
是你传送我们来的吗?
-Hiro: He didn’t touch and go all my powers.
触摸并没有让我的能力完全恢复。
Now we have to save Big Matt Parkman.
现在我们要去救大Matt Parkman。
-Sylar: We should pool our resources.
pool: 合伙经营,共享 resources: 资源
我们必须共享资源。
-Jakob: You desperately want to find Martin, so you can get that ability, don't you? Shape shifting. You're salivating.
desperately: 急切地 shift: 变动,更换 salivate: 流涎,垂涎
你那么急想找到Martin是为了拥有他的超能力,对不对?变形人。你垂涎已久了。
-Sylar: It'd be a lot easier for us to operate, If everybody thinks I'm dead.
operate: 操控
如果大家都认为我死了,我们的行动会容易的多。
-Jakob: No pulse. No body temp. Believe it. Sylar's dead.
pulse: 脉搏 temp: 温度
没有心跳,没有体温。相信吧,Sylar死了。
-Noah: Impressive work. I never did catch how you pulled it off.
catch: 领悟,了解 pull it off: 圆满完成
很惊人的工作。我仍不懂你是怎么杀了他的。
-Jakob: Four-inch pocket blade, replaced by a six-inch metal spike.
pocket: 小型的,袖珍的 blade: 刀,刀片 spike: 长钉
用一个6英寸的金属钉代替4英寸的小型刀片。
-Noah: Metal's a good choice. Last time it was glass, killed him just fine until it melted in the Primatech fire.
melt: 融化
金属是个不错的选择,上次是玻璃。本可以杀死他,但玻璃被Primatech的大火熔化了。
-Jakob: Oh, trust me. He won't be getting up again.
哦,相信我吧,这次他再也活不过来了。
-Noah: I've been chasing this one for a long time.
我已经追捕他很长时间了。
-Jakob: It's a funny thing. You're on the hunt all these years, and I show up, and bang, he's dead.
hunt: 狩猎,追捕 show up: 出现
那真是有趣,你这些年来一直追捕他,然后我出现了,砰的一声,他就死了。
Maybe you didn't really want to catch him.
也许你不是真的想抓他。
-Noah: Or maybe you're just better at this than me.
或者是你在这方面比我更强。
-Woman: Bennet, you have a visitor downstairs, says she's your wife.
Bennet,楼下有人想见你,她说她是你老婆。
-Noah: My wife is here?
我老婆来这了?
-Jakob: Send her up.
让她上来。
-Woman: You have reached a number that has been disconnected, and is no longer in service.
disconnected: 断了联络的 in service: 服务区
你所拨打的电话已断线,且已不在服务区。
-Hiro: (Japanese) Any luck?
有消息吗?
-Ando: Home, cell… All of Matt Parkman’s numbers are disconnected. I’ve left messages with everyone I could think of.
disconnect:断开【这里指电话打不通】
家里,电话… Matt Parkman所有电话都打不通,我已经给能想到的人都留了口信。
-Hiro: He’s somewhere on the east coast, we’ll find him and get him, we must. It’s our duty to unite the two Matt Parkmans.
unite: 联合,统一
他在东海岸的某个地方,我们必须找到他,让两个Matt Parkman团圆。这是我们的职责。
-Ando: What about the baby’s mother?
那孩子的妈妈怎么办?
-Hiro: First his father. Then we find his mother.
先找到他爸爸,然后找他妈妈。
-Ando: Diaper?
diaper: 尿布
要换尿布了?
-Hiro: Just changed him.
刚换过啊。
-Ando: Hungry?
饿了?
-Hiro: Just fed him.
刚喂过。
-Ando: What happened?
怎么了?
-Hiro: I don’t know. It just stopped.
我不知道,它突然停下来了。
-Ando: But it’s an brand new car!
但这是辆新车!
-Mohinder: I've arranged travel to India. If it's safe, I'll get what I can from the apartment and leave by ship from New York.
我已经安排好去印度了。如果安全,我会从那个房子里拿到我能拿的,然后从纽约坐船离开。-Matt: Avoid the airports. Smart.
避开机场,很明智。
-Mohinder: Washington's far too dangerous for us. You should come with me.
华盛顿对我们来说太危险了,你应该跟我一起去。
-Matt: I'm not going anywhere.
我哪也不去。
-Mohinder: Matt. Matt, I know how you feel about Daphne. And what they did to her was inhuman, but this is…
Inhuman: 无人性的,非人道的
Matt,Matt,我知道你对Daphne的感情,他们对她做的那些很没人性,但这是...
-Matt: What they did to Daphne was protocol. She died because she was different. I can't get over it, Mohinder. I can't get it out of my head.
protocol: 协议,规程 get over: 忘却,不在意
他们对Daphne做的,是协议制度。她是因为与众不同而死的。我不能摆脱这件事,Mohinder,我总是想着它。
-Mohinder: These agents, they're too powerful, we tried to stop them before.
这些人,他们势力太大了,我们之前试过阻止他们。
-Matt: We went after the wrong guy. Emile Danko, he's been pushing this whole thing.
trigger: 枪的扳机
我们追查错人了。Emile Danko,一直都是他操纵着所有事。
And that bastard killed Daphne just as sure as he pulled the trigger himself.
那个混蛋还杀死了Daphne,肯定是他亲自开枪的。
-Mohinder: So it's revenge. You just want to see him die?
所以这是报仇,你只想看到他死?
-Matt: I want him hurt. I want him to feel what he's done.
我要他痛不欲生,我要他承受他所做过的一切。
-Mohinder: Matt, please, let's just talk about this.
Matt求你了,让我们好好讨论一下。
-Matt: You've been a really good friend, Mohinder. Good-bye, Mohinder.
你真是我的好朋友,Mohinder。再见了,Mohinder。
-Noah: Sandra, what are you doing here?
Sandra,你来这干什么?
-Sandra: I am not gonna sit home any longer, Noah. Agents burst into our house, our daughter goes missing, and you ignore my phone calls.
gonna = going to burst into: 闯入,突然出现
我不要坐在家干等着,Noah。探员闯进了我们家,我们的女儿失踪了,你还有意不接我电话。
-Noah: That's not fair. I have returned all your calls.
这么说很不公平,我回了你的所有电话。
-Sandra: And told me nothing. I know when I'm being handled, Noah.
handle: 掌控,控制
我被控制了我会知道的,Noah。
-Noah: Claire is safe. You know how this works. The less you know the better.
Claire很安全,你知道怎么回事。你知道的越少越好。
-Sandra: That's not good enough. I can't believe a word you say, and I want to see my daughter.
那还不够。我不相信你说的任何一句话,我想见我的女儿。
I'm sorry. Am I interrupting your busy day?
interrupt: 打断,打扰
对不起,我打扰你的公事了吗?
-Noah: There's a body inside. They're telling me that it's Sylar, but I don't know. Something just doesn't feel right.
里面有个尸体,他们告诉我那是Sylar。但我不知道,我总觉得不对。
-Sandra: Will you listen to yourself? Claire has disappeared, and you are talking to me about Sylar.
你听到自己在说什么吗?Claire不见了,你却在跟我说Sylar。
-Jakob: You must be Mrs. Bennet. I've seen your picture.
你一定是Bennet夫人,我看过你的照片。
-Sandra: I'll bet you have, from the surveillance cameras watching my house?
bet: 打赌【表自己肯定】 surveillance: 监视,监督 surveillance camera: 监视器
我敢肯定你看过,从监控我家的摄像头里?
-Jakob: Nice meeting you.
见到你很高兴。
-Noah: Sandra. Please. Go back to Costa Verde.
Sandra,求你了,回Costa Verde去。
-Sandra: I am staying at the regency, and I am not leaving until you find her.
regency: 摄政统治区【这里指Noah的工作区】
我会一直待在统治区,直到你找到我们的女儿,否则我不会离开。
-Sylar: It was fun being you. Commanding the respect of others.
command: 命令,指挥
变成你真好玩,可以对所有的人颐指气使。
-Jakob: What the hell are you doing?
the hell: 地狱【这里是起强调作用】
你到底在干什么?
-Sylar: But you really ought to have that mole checked. You know the one I mean. I showed Bennet the body, should have seen his face.
mole: 黑痣
但你真的应该查查那个痣,你知道我指的是哪个。我给Bennet看了尸体,你应该看看他当时的表情。
-Jakob: Do you know how dangerous this is? This isn't a game. It's not about you finding some clever way to kill Noah Bennet.
你知不知道这有多危险?这不是儿戏,这不是让你想个聪明点的方法去杀Noah Bennet。
-Sylar: I'm not gonna kill him. I'm gonna destroy him.
gonna = going to
我不会杀他的,我只是要毁了他。
-Noah: This is Bennet.
我是Bennet。
-Angela: Noah, Angela.
Noah,我是Angela。
-Noah: I've been worried about you.
我在担心你呢。
-Angela: I've had a dream. Do you know about what happened at the place called Coyote Sands?
我做了个梦,你可知道在Coyote Sands这个地方曾发生过什么?
-Noah: I've heard whispers. Rumors. For 20 years, anyone I ever asked always told me the same thing.
whisper: 耳语,悄悄话 rumor: 流言蜚语
街谈巷议,有所耳闻。20年来我问过的每个人都告诉我同一句话。
-Angela: Which is?
是什么?
-Noah: That I should never ask again.
我永远不该再问了。
-Angela: Peter and I are headed there now. I spoke with Nathan. He and Claire will meet us. I need you with us. It's time everyone knew the truth.
我和Peter正要去那,我和Nathan说过了,他和Claire会在那见我们。我需要你和我们在一起,该是让所有人知道真相的时候了。
-Noah: Just have a few loose ends to tie up. They showed me a body, our old friend with a six-inch spike in his skull.
skull: 颅骨,脑壳
只是还有些事要处理。他们给我看了个尸体,我们老朋友的颅骨上有个6英寸的金属钉。
-Angela: Sylar?
是Sylar?
-Noah: So they tell me. There's only one way to be sure.
他们是这么告诉我的,只有一个办法能确定。
-Angela: No, leave it alone, Noah. Get out while you can.
leave it/sb. alone: 别管它/某人,让某人一个人待着
不,别管它,Noah。趁可以的时候快出来。
-Noah: Where'd they take the bodies?
他们把尸体带到哪里去了?
-Woman: Crematorium. Barbecue day.
crematorium: 火葬场 barbecue day: 烧烤日【这里是幽默的说法,指sylar被送去火化】
拉去火葬场了。烧烤的日子。
-Angela: No, leave it... are you listening to me? Leave it alone. Leave. Noah, Noah. Noah? Noah!
不,别管它... 你有没有听我说?别管它。离开。Noah,Noah,Noah?Noah!
-Landlord: Someone's gonna have to pay for that.
Pay for: 付款,赔偿
必须有人赔偿那个东西。
-Mohinder: Who took my papers? My father's work?
谁拿走了我的资料?我父亲的研究?
-Landlord: They said they were from Homeland Security.
give’em = give them 【这里念出来会吞掉“th”这个音】
那些人声称他们是国土安全局的。
Also told me that if you or the big guy showed up, I should give'em a call.
他们还说,如果你或你父亲出现我应该告诉他们。
-Mohinder: I'd advise against it. Might have to implicate you. I checked the building before I came up.
implicate: 使牵连与,牵涉
我建议你不要,可能会牵连你。我进来前检查过这栋楼,没有人在监视。
No one's watching. These guys must have got what they wanted.
这些人一定已经找到他们想要的了。
-Landlord: First the feds, now you. I don't need this in my life.
the feds: 吃皇粮的,吃税的
先是联邦探员,现在是你,我不想你们打搅我的生活。
-Mohinder: Don't worry. I'll be gone tomorrow.
别担心,我明天就走。
-Landlord: I don't believe this. Oh, and your crazy old man, he left some stuff in storage downstairs.
in storage: 储藏
我不相信。噢,还有你那疯爸爸,在楼下的储藏室留了点东西。
Do me a favor. When you go, take them with you.
帮个忙,你走的时候把它们带走。
-Mohinder: Show me.
带我去看看。
-Ando: This will never work. Who’s going to pick up two Japanese guys and a baby?
这样行不通啊!谁会愿意载两个日本人和一个婴儿?
-Hiro: Don’t be so negative. Someone will stop. Told you! Come on!
别这么悲观嘛,会有人停车的。说了吧!来!
-Ando: Are you Japanese?
你也是日本人?
-Driver: Oh, don't go getting all foreign on me. Y'all are from the mother ship, huh? Uh, habla a little ingles?
habla a little ingles: (西班牙语)你会说英语吗?
噢,别对我说外语。你们是从补给船来的吧?呃,会说英语吗?
-Hiro: See, I am Hiro. This is Ando. And this is baby Matt Parkman.
你看,我是Hiro。这是Ando,这是宝宝Matt Parkman。
-Driver: Well, climb aboard, amigos. Name's Sam Douglas from Lubbock, Texas. Car trouble, huh?
amigo: (西班牙语)朋友
好,上来吧,朋友们。我是德克萨斯州Lubbock的Sam Douglas。你们的车坏了吧?
-Hiro: Yes, we are trying to get to the east coast to find the baby's father.
是,我们想到东海岸去找孩子的爸爸。
-Driver: Yeah, I got me a buddy mechanic in the next town. He can get you all fixed up.
mechanic: 技工 fix up: 搞定,安排好
我在临近的小镇认识一个机修工,他可以帮你们修好车。
-Ando: Oh, that's fantastic. Thank you.
哦,那太好了!谢谢。
-Driver: No problemo. Yeah. Well, let's rodeo. Hey, everything shut down. Ignition, electrical. even my CB went out.
problemo: 问题,难题(非正规体,属口语) let’s rodeo: (牛仔用语)出发 ignition: 发火装置 CB: central battery 中央电池组
没事,好啦,我们出发啦~嘿,所有设备都关闭了。引擎,电力连我的电池都没电了。
-Ando: Touch and go baby. When he’s happy, he makes things go. When he’s unhappy…
"一摸就开"宝宝,他高兴的时候可以让所有东西都运转。他不高兴的时候...
-Hiro: He makes things stop.
他可以让所有东西停下来。
-Matt: Something's not right. That's it, Emile. Feel it. Feel it.
感觉有点不对,就是那样,Emile感觉一下。感觉一下。
It's a hell of a thing not knowing who you can trust. That's it. Feel it.不知道谁可以相信是很糟糕的事情。是的,感觉一下。
The person closest to you is in danger. Go to them. Make sure they're okay.
你最亲近的人有危险,去看看他们,确定他们很安全。
-Noah: Wait. Stop. Don't move that body.
等等,停下。不要动那个尸体。
-A policeman: Mr. Bennet, can I help you?
Bennet先生,需要帮忙吗?
- Noah: Draw your weapons.
拿出枪来。
-The policeman: Sir?
先生?
-Noah: Get a beat on the back of his head. Do it.
瞄准他的后脑,照我说的做。
-The policeman: Mr. Bennet.
Bennet先生?
-Noah: Quiet… Okay, I need this sent to Strathmore Labs. I need a DNA analysis. This is an A1 priority. You got it?
lab: [laboratory的缩写] 实验室 priority: 优先权
安静…好,给我把这个送到Strathmore实验室,我要DNA分析报告。这是加急任务,听到没?
-The policeman: Sure. You want us to go ahead and cremate the body?
cremate: 火葬
听到了,你需要我们继续焚化尸体吗?
-Noah: No.
不需要。
-The policeman: I have a signed order to cremate the body. Mr. Bennet.
order: 命令
但我有一个书面命令,要求焚化这具尸体,Bennet先生。
-Noah: Who are you?
你是谁?
-Jakob: Alena. Is everything all right?
Alena,一切还好吗?
-Matt: Sandra, hi, come on in.
Sandra,嗨,进来。
-Sandra: So this is your new home.
这是你的新房子?
-Noah: Well, you said it couldn't wait, so I assume you want to know about Claire.
恩,既然你说了你不能等,我想你想知道有关Claire的事情。
-Sandra: No, Claire's fine. She called about a half an hour ago. I just need you to sign these.
不,Claire没事,她半小时前打了电话。我只想你签一下这个文件。
-Noah: What is it?
这是什么?
-Sandra: It would be easier if you just sign.
你只签一下就好。
-Noah: Divorce? This is the real reason you came all the way to Washington?
divorce: [名词/动词] 离婚 serve: 送达(命令等)
离婚?这是你大老远来华盛顿的真正原因?
Was to serve me? What does it say?
就是想给我这个?它说了什么?
-Sandra: That you have perpetually lied to me, brought loaded guns into the home, endangered the lives of our children.
perpetually: 永久地
你一直在对我撒谎,把上膛的枪拿到家里,将孩子们置于危险之中。
-Noah: Sandra.
Sandra。
-Sandra: I already changed the locks, Noah. Just sign the damn papers.
damn: 该死的
我已经换了锁了,Noah。只要签这些破文件就好。
-Noah: No, Sandra, don't throw away 22 years of marriage.
不,Sandra。不要抛弃我们22年的婚姻。
-Sandra: Marriage? Is that what you call this? This isn't a marriage. It's an arrangement.
arrangement: 安排 cover: 掩护
婚姻?你管这叫婚姻?这不是婚姻。
It's cover so you can go around shooting at people.
只是一种安排,是让你到外面去打打杀杀的幌子。
-Noah: Look, I'll be done with my work here soon. I will come back to California.
听着,我这里的工作马上就结束了,我马上就回加利福尼亚。
-Sandra: Don't insult me with promises.
insult: 侮辱
别再用承诺侮辱我了。
-Noah: We will go to counseling.
counseling: (对个人,社会及心理问题的)咨询服务
我们可以去看看心理咨询。
-Sandra: It's too late.
太晚了。
-Noah: We owe it to Lyle and to Claire...
我们得尊重Lyle和Claire...
-Sandra: You're not listening.
你没在听我说。
-Noah: to try to hold this family together.
有责任要把这个家庭凝聚在一起。
-Sandra: It's too late. I don't love you anymore! You're a liar and a betrayer.
betrayer: 背叛者
太晚了,我不爱你了!你是个骗子,是个背叛者。
You say you care about your family. You don't. It's over,
你说你关心你的家,但你不关心。
Noah. I don't love you. I don't trust you. I don't even respect you, and when that's gone..
.结束了,Noah。我不爱你了,我不相信你了,我甚至都不尊重你了。什么都没有了...
-The driver: Look, I'm sorry for all y'all's troubles, but what say we try moving your magic baby the hell away from my truck?
Y’all’s = all of your magic: 神奇的 load: 货物 deliver: 运送
听着,我很抱歉你们遇到了麻烦。但是,可不可以让这个魔力宝宝离我的货车远一点?
Well, I still got a load to deliver.
我还要送货呢。
-Ando: Thank you for the ride.
谢谢你载我们。
-The driver: Good luck to yous.
Yous = you [不正规口语]
祝你们好运。
-Ando: Come on, baby Matt Parkman. Please.
看这里,宝宝Matt Parkman。来嘛。
-Hiro: I make a funny face for you.
funny face: 鬼脸
我做鬼脸给你看。
-Ando: Come on, baby Matt. Look at Uncle Ando.
看啊,宝宝Matt,看Ando叔叔。
-Hiro: Ando, don’t move.
Ando 别动。
-Ando: It worked. I can’t stay like this all the way to New York!
这办法有用,但我不能回纽约一路上都保持这个姿势啊!
-Hiro: Sure you can.
你当然可以。
-Alena: I’m so glad to see you, Jakob.
见到你我真高兴,Jakob。
-Jakob: In English, Alena. You promised you'd practice.
说英语,Alena。你说过你会练习的。
-Alena: For you, Jakob. But only you. Do you really have to leave so soon?
是为了你,Jakob,只为了你。你真的这么快就要走了吗?
-Jakob: I told you. This was all last minute. I have to fly back to Chicago tonight.
告诉过你的,每一分钟都很珍贵(这是件急事),我今天晚上必须飞回芝加哥。
-Alena: I know, I know. "a mix-up at the warehouse."
Mix-up: 混乱,杂乱 Warehouse: 仓库
我知道,我知道,"混乱的仓库"。
-Jakob: Car's here. I gotta go. Hey. Give me a smile. I'll be back in Washington before you know it.
gotta = have got to 必须,得
车来了,我要走了。嗨,笑一个。我会悄悄回华盛顿的。
-Alena: Who are you? How did you get in here?
你是谁?你是怎么进来的?
-Matt: The door... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. This was a bad idea.
门…对不起,对不起,这是个坏主意。
-Alena: I don't believe it. They sent you to me, didn't they?
我简直不敢相信。是他们派你来的吧?
-Matt: Sent me?
派我来?
-Alena: The escort service. They gave you my address, right? I told them I was finished. No more. But they never listen.
escort:护卫,护送 escort service: 【这里指妓院】安保服务
妓院的人。他们给你的地址,对吗?我告诉过他们已经结束了,不再需要了,但他们从来不听。
-Matt: So the guy who was just here was a client?
client: 客户
那刚才来这的家伙只是一个客户?
-Alena: Mr. Prodasa.
Prodasa先生。
-Matt: Mr. Prodasa?
Prodasa先生?
-Alena: How do you know about Jakob?
你怎么知道Jakob的?
-Matt: Jakob and I work together. He asked me to meet him here.
Jakob和我在一起工作,他让我来这见他。
-Alena: You're from his work.
你是他工作上的朋友?
-Matt: Yeah.
是的。
-Alena: I've never met any of his friends. But now that I have you, I insist. Please, sit.
我从未见过他的任何朋友,但现在我想强调,我见到你了。请坐吧。
-Nigel: Strathmore labs. This is Nigel.
Strathmore实验室,我是Nigel。
-Noah: This is Noah Bennet. I'm awaiting results of a DNA sample I sent earlier today.
Sample: 样品
我是Noah Bennet,我在等待一份DNA样本的结果,今天早些时候送过去的。
-Nigel: Yes, Mr. Bennet, I was just emailing you now. DNA matches one James Martin of Arlington, Virginia.
是的,Bennet先生,我刚给您发了邮件。DNA和弗吉尼亚州,阿林顿的James Martin匹配。
-Noah: Martin. Thank you. Sylar's a shape-shifter.
Martin,谢谢你。Sylar会易容术了。
-Matt: Have you been seeing Jakob a while now?
你现在跟Jakob约会吗?
-Alena: Almost a year. Jakob and I met through the... Oh.
快一年了,Jakob和我通过...
-Matt: He ever talks to you about his work?
他有没有跟你谈过他的工作?
-Alena: A bit. School books. He says his company sells all over the world. It sounds boring, actually.
一点点,学生教材。他说他的公司在全世界经营那个。事实上,这听起来很无聊。
-Matt: Yeah. Well, his sales calls do keep him on the move.
是啊,生意让他马不停蹄。
-Alena: That and his family.
还有他的家人。
-Matt: He talks to you about his family?
他跟你说过他的家庭?
-Alena: His wife, two boys, yes. He told me about them right away.
他的妻子,两个男孩,是的。他很爽快就告诉我了。
He's going home to Chicago to be with them, but he promised once his children are grown that we...
他要回芝加哥去和他们在一起。但他答应一旦他的孩子长大,我们就...
-Matt: You were gonna be together, yeah.
你们会在一起,是的。
-Alena: After what I have been through, it is a miracle, to have someone like Jakob come into your life. He loves me.
Miracle:奇迹
在我经历了这一切后,这是个奇迹了。让像Jakob这样的人进入我的生活。他爱我。
-Matt: You know what? The sick thing is... He probably does, but he does not deserve you.
你知道吗?恶心的是...他可能爱你,但他不值得你爱。
Whatever you think he is, It's a lie, Alena, a lie. And you need to get away from him now, while you still can.
无论你认为他是什么样的人,都是假的, Alena,假的。你现在就要离开他,趁你还可以的时候。
-Alena: No, you are scaring me. Who are you, really?
不,你在吓我。你到底是谁?
-Matt: You want me to tell you all about Jakob? I'm gonna show you.
你要我告你Jakob的一切吗?我会展示给你看的。
-Hiro: Hello, Dr. Suresh? This is Hiro Nakamura.
你好,Suresh博士?我是Hiro Nakamura。
-Mohinder: Yes, I know. My very angry landlord said you've been calling all day.
是的,我知道。我那生气的房东说你整天打电话。
-Hiro: Yes, it is important that we find Matt Parkman. Do you know where he is?
是的,找到Matt Parkman很重要。你知道他在哪吗?
-Mohinder: Still in Washington, I'm afraid. I did what I could.
committed: 效忠的。忠于…的 destructive:消极的,毁灭性的
恐怕他还在华盛顿呢。我尽力了。
But... Hiro, Matt's changed. He's committed himself to a very destructive course.
但... Hiro,Matt变了。他迫使自己走上了一条毁灭之路。
-Hiro: What? We must save him.
什么?我们必须救他。
-Mohinder: Believe me, I tried. It's difficult to dissuade a man who's decided he has nothing to live for. I'll tell you the place where Matt was last headed.
dissuade:劝阻,劝诫
相信我吧,我试过了。很难劝阻一个生无可恋之人。我告诉你Matt最后出现的地方吧。
-Ando: He knows where he is?
他知道Matt在哪儿?
-Hiro: Thank you, Dr. Suresh. Matt could be in danger. We must hurry. Ando, make the face.
谢谢了,Suresh博士。Matt处境可能很危险,我们要赶快了。Ando 做鬼脸。
-Claire: What's it called again?
那地方叫什么呢?
-Nathan: Coyote Sands.
Coyote Sands。
-Claire: Here it is.
在这儿。
-Nathan: Looks like a million miles from nowhere.
看起来像是千里之外的无名之地。
-Claire: Why do we have to meet her there?
我们为什么要去那见她呢?
-Nathan: I have no idea. When your grandmother has a dream, it's a good idea to pay attention.
我不知道。一旦你奶奶做了梦,我们最好就要注意一下。
-Mohinder: It appears my father was looking for information on an abandoned government project in the 1960s.
看起来,在六十年代我父亲在废弃的政府计划中寻找信息。
Focusing on an "operation Icarus". Files are heavily redacted, but it mentions medical research and a place called Coyote Sands..
注意到"伊卡洛斯行动"档案被严重地涂抹过了。但它提到了医疗调查和一个叫Coyote Sands的地方。
abandoned: 被放弃的 Icarus:【希神】伊卡洛斯(传说中的建筑师和雕刻家代达罗斯Daedalus之子, 他用蜡和羽毛造成翼翅逃出克里特Crete岛时, 因过分飞近太阳, 蜡翼受热后融化, 坠海而死, 古代多作为绘画题材。)
My father was there
我父亲在那儿。
-Sandra: There's cash in my purse.
purse:女式包
我包里有现金。
-Noah: I'm not here for your money.
我不是为你的钱而来。
-Sandra: Noah.
Noah。
-Noah: You say another word you die...
再说一句话,你就死定了...
-Sandra: Noah, what are you doing?
Noah你在做什么?
-Noah: Divorce papers? Nice. Did you really think I wouldn't notice that your signature doesn't match?
signature:签名 match:配对,符合
离婚文件?干的漂亮。你真的以为我不会注意到你的签名不一样吗?
-Sandra: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Noah: Sandra never even left California, did she?
sandra从未离开过加利福尼亚,是吗?
-Sandra: Noah, it's me. It's Sandra.
Noah,是我。我是Sandra。
-Noah: Shut up. I know who you are.
闭嘴。我知道你是谁。
-Sandra: Your mother's name is Anita. We honeymooned in Puerto Vallarta.
honeymoon:(动词)度蜜月
你妈妈的名字叫Anita。我们在巴亚尔塔港度的蜜月。
-Noah: You've done your homework.
你可是做足了功课啊。
-Sandra: You sleep on your left side. Your joints ache when...
joint: 关节 ache: 疼痛
你喜欢朝左睡你关节疼...
-Noah: You can mind-read now?
你现在会读心术了?
-Sandra: What?
什么?
-Noah: Who did you kill? Matt Parkman?
你杀了谁?Matt Parkman吗?
-Sandra: I didn't kill anyone.
我谁也没杀。
-Noah: Danko's in on it, isn't he? He was going after James Martin. Did he feed you his catch?
Danko参与了,是吗?是他去追捕James Martin的,他透露给你消息的吗?
-Sandra: Noah.
Noah。
-Noah: Answer me.
回答我。
-Noah: Is Danko in on it?
Danko参与了吗?
-Sandra: I don't know what you're talking about! Noah! Please, the kids. Don't do this.
我不知道你在说什么!Noah!拜托,看在孩子的份上,不要这样。
-Noah: Where's your phone? Where is it?
你手机在哪?在哪?
-Sandra: What? In my coat pocket.
什么?在我的口袋里。
-Noah: Hello.
喂。
-Lyle: Dad.
爸。
-Noah: Lyle, what do you need?
Lyle你要干嘛?
-Lyle: Um, I'm supposed to give Muggles some kind of pill while mom's away.
I forgot where she keeps the pills.
嗯,我应该在妈妈不在的时候给Muggles一些药的,但我忘了她把药放哪了。
-Noah: Where are Muggles' pills?
Muggles的药在哪?
-Sandra: I don't know. Top shelf of the refrigerator on the left. Not the green bottle, the brown one.
我不知道,冰箱顶部隔板的左边。不是绿色的那个瓶子,棕色的。
-Noah: Top shelf of the fridge on the left.
冰箱顶部隔板的左边。
-Lyle: The green bottle or the brown one?
是绿色的瓶子还是棕色的?
-Noah: Brown.
棕色的。
-Sandra: Get out.
出去。
-Noah: Sylar's a shape-shifter.
Sylar会易容术。
-Sandra: Leave.
走。
-Noah: He came to me as you. You filed for divorce, you'd changed the locks.
他变成你来找我,你签了离婚协议,你还换了门锁。
-Sandra: Probably a good idea.
也许是个好主意。
-Noah: No, no, Sandra, don't you understand? This is exactly what he wants.
不,不要Sandra,难道你不明白吗?这正是他想要的结果。
-Noah: Get out!
出去!
-Sandra: You gotta believe me.
你得相信我。
-Sandra: I do believe you, Noah. But it doesn't matter. It's too late. I really want you to leave. Now.
我确实相信你Noah。但是都不重要了,太迟了。我真的想让你离开,就现在。
-Jakob: Alena. What are you doing here?
Alena你来这儿干嘛?
-Alena: I don't understand. You live here?
我不明白,你住在这儿?
-Jakob: Damn it, Alena, I'm not gonna ask you again. How did you find me?
该死,Alena,我不会再问你第二遍。你怎么找到我的?
-Matt: I brought her here.
我带她来这儿的。
-Jakob: Parkman. What the hell did you do to her?
Parkman,你对她做了什么?
-Matt: Inside. Both of you. Ah-ah-ah-ah. Don't even think about it. Even if this place is bugged, your soldiers won't get here in time.
bug: 装窃听器
你们俩都进屋去。啊啊啊啊,想都别想。即使这地方装了窃听器,你手下一时半会儿也赶不过来的。
-Jakob: So this is what you've been reduced to? What kind of garbage did you push into her head to get her to come along?
Reduce to: 迫使,使处于
这就是你想要的?你往她大脑里灌了什么垃圾?让她一路找来?
-Matt: It didn't take much, Danko.
没灌多少,Danko。
-Alena: Danko? Why does he call you that? And this place, you said you lived in Chicago with your family.
Danko?为什么他叫你这个?还有这地方,你说过你和你的家人住在芝加哥的。
-Jakob: Stop, Alena. Don't listen to him. He'll work you. Make you believe things that aren't real.
别说了,Alena。不要听他的,他在控制你。让你相信一些并非真实的事。
-Matt: What's the matter, emile? What are you worried?
Red carpet: 红地毯
那又如何,Emile?怎么了?
She's not gonna roll out the red carpet when she finds out what her boyfriend really does for a living?
你担心她发现她男朋友到底是做什么事来谋生的时候会取消婚约么?
-Jakob: Oh, shove the psychobabble, Parkman. You have no idea who I am.
Shove: 猛推【这里指闭嘴,不要说】 psychobabble: 心理呓语
噢,你少用你的心理劝说术Parkman。你根本就不知道我是谁。
-Matt: I used to be a cop. I was surrounded by basket cases like you.
surround: 包围 basket case: 完全没有希望的人 Fantasy: 幻想
我曾经是个警察,我周围很多像你一样不健全的人。
Your job's a nightmare, so you seek out anything to ease the pain.
你的工作就是噩梦,所以你需要点别的东西来减少痛苦。
Nothing relationships, fantasies of a normal life. Trust me, I've been there.
那不是真的感情。幻想过正常的生活。相信我我也有过。
-Jakob: Go to hell.
去死吧你。
-Matt: Your boyfriend kills people for a living.
你的男朋友靠杀人来谋生。
-Alena: Jakob, tell me you are not this person.
Jakob,告诉我你不是这种人。
-Matt: Go ahead, Danko. Tell her.
说吧,Danko。告诉她。
-Jakob: My name isn't Jakob. There is no family in Chicago. No house. I'm a soldier. I hunt people for the government. Son of a bitch.
我不叫Jakob,没有什么家人在芝加哥,没有房子。我是一个士兵,我为政府杀人。操你妈的。
-Matt: Tell her what you did to the woman I loved. All of it.
告诉她你对我爱的女人做了什么。所有事。
-Jakob: The woman, Millbrook... Daphne... She was a threat.
那个女人,Millbrook...Daphne...她是个威胁。
-Alena: You killed her?
你杀了她?
-Matt: No, it's worse than that. He had a choice, and he let her die.
不,比那可狠多了。他有机会救她,但是却眼睁睁看着她死。
-Alena: You were everything to me, Jakob. Why did you lie?
你是我的一切,Jakob。为什么要撒谎?
-Jakob: Because I knew you couldn't possibly love someone who did these things.
因为我知道你不可能爱上一个做过这些事的人的。
-Matt: You really care about her, don't you? This is the only way... That you're gonna truly understand... What you did to me.
你真的在乎她,不是吗?这是唯一的办法...能让你真正理解...你对我的所作所为。
-Jakob: Go ahead, Parkman. But if you think killing her is gonna make a difference, or change how I feel about the program, forget it.
make a difference: 紧要,发生影响
随便Parkman。但是如果你认为杀了她能补救回什么,或者改变我对这项计划看法的话就别想了。
Whatever you do, nothing's ever gonna be more important to me than putting you and your friends down.
不论你做什么对我来说什么也不会比把你和你的朋友们扳倒更重要了。
-Alena: My god, Jakob.
上帝啊,Jakob。
-Matt: I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. This is what he's done to us. In his world there's no room for mercy...
mercy:怜悯
对不起,真是十分抱歉。这就是他对我们所做的,在他的世界里根本就没有怜悯...
-Alena: Jakob, no!
Jakob不!
-Matt: Go ahead. Finish it.
开枪吧,结束这一切。
-Hiro: Whoa. Close one.
哇,真险啊。
-Jakob: Parkman! Alena.
Parkman!Alena。
-Alena: Monster. Stay away from me.
魔鬼。离我远点。
-Jakob: What is it, Bennet?
什么东西,Bennet?
-Noah: Guess again.
再猜一遍。
I went to Bennet's apartment and told his doorman that I forgot my key.
doorman: 门卫,门房我去了Bennet家,告诉他的门卫说我忘带钥匙了。
Bennet's old Primatech files. Looks like he's been holding out on you.
Bennet的一些旧档案
看起来他对你一直有隐瞒啊。
-Jakob: I'm not surprised.
没什么好惊讶的。
-Noah: No? Are you surprised now? If I were Sylar, I wouldn't need this now, would I?
under one’s nose: 在某人眼皮底下
是吗?那你现在惊讶吗?如果我是Sylar我就不需要这么做了,不是吗?
Gun.I knew he couldn't have gotten to James Martin alone. Not right under your nose.
枪拿来。我就知道他自己一个人不可能抓到James Martin。至少不是在你的眼皮下。
-Jakob: What do you want?
你想要什么?
-Noah: How dumb are you?
怎么变笨了?
How did you think it was gonna end?
你觉得这会如何结束?
Who did you think would be left standing the minute Sylar got bored? You?
你觉得当Sylar玩腻了的时候谁能活着全身而退?是你吗?
-Jakob: What do you want?
你想要什么?
-Noah: I want Sylar on a platter. Then maybe I'll overlook this pathetic little cry for help.
platter: 肉盘,鱼盘
把Sylar交给我,然后我可能会忘掉这可悲的求助。
-Jakob: He's been going on assignment as agent Donner, leader of Team Six.
他一直在以Donner探员六队领导者的身份执行一个任务。
-Noah: They've been racking up a lot of wins lately. Where are they now?
rack up: 获胜,击倒
他们最近胜仗不少啊。他们现在人在那儿?
-Jakob: On a mission. They should be back in an hour.
mission:任务
执行任务。应该一小时之后就回来了。
-Noah: I'll wait. And so will you.
我等着。你也是。
-Matt: I know you meant well, Hiro, but I didn't ask to be rescued.
我知道你的好意,Hiro。可我没请求你来救我。
-Hiro: Dr. Suresh told us about your plan.
warrior: 战士 righteous: 正义的
Suresh博士跟我们说了你的计划。
It is one thing to defend yourself, but a true warrior knows the difference between a righteous battle and...
保护你自己只是一件事,但一个真正的战士知道区别公正的决斗和...
-Matt: What, retribution? See, that's where you're wrong.
retribution: 惩罚,报应
什么,报复?看到了吧,这就是你们错的地方。
It's the only thing that the other side understands.
我们的对手明白的也只有这一点。
-Hiro: But that is why we are better than them. That is why we had to save you.
但这就是我们比他们要强的原因,也就是我们救你的原因。
-Ando: Matt! Finally.
Matt!你终于来了。
-Matt: What's going on?
怎么了?
-Ando: I cannot make the face anymore.
我不用再做鬼脸了。
-Matt: What's with the kid?
这孩子是怎么回事?
-Hiro: Matt Parkman, meet Matt Parkman. He is your son.
Matt Parkman来见见Matt Parkman。他是你的儿子。
-Matt: Wait. My son?
等等。我的儿子?
-Ando: We rescued him from government agents in California.
我们在加利福尼亚从政府探员那里救下了他。
-Hiro: He has a power like us. This is why you can't give up. A boy needs his father.
他和我们一样有超能力,这就是你不能放弃的原因。小孩需要父亲。
-Matt: Oh. I have a son. Hey. I have a son.
哦,我有了一个儿子。嘿,我有儿子了。
-Donner: Outstanding. Great work. Wade. Good job.
太好了,你做的太好了。Wade,做得好。
-Noah: Agent Donner.
Donner探员。
-Donner: Yes, sir.
是,长官。
-Noah: A word, please?
能和你说点事吗?
-Donner: I do something wrong?
我做错什么了吗?
-Noah: Just wanted to say congrats. You guys have really been on a roll lately.
congrats = congratulations on a roll: 连续获胜,势如破竹
只是想祝贺你。你们最近正意气风发啊。
-Donner: Thank you, sir.
谢谢,长官。
-Noah: This man is not Donner. He's Sylar. He has shape-shifting abilities. Get a lock on the back of his head.
这个不是Donner,他是Sylar,他有变形人的能力。瞄准他的后脑勺。
-Donner: Whoa, whoa, guys. It's just me.
喔,喔,喔,我就是我。
-Noah: Tell 'em, Danko.
tell’em = tell them
告诉他们Danko.
-Jakob: I have no idea what you're talking about.
我压根不知道你在说什么。
-Noah: Agent Danko has betrayed you. He and Sylar are working against you.
Danko探员背叛了你们,他和Sylar在背地里攻击你们。
-Donner: Guys, this is a huge mistake.
各位,这是个极大的错误。
-Jakob: Put the gun down, Bennet.
Bennet把枪放下。
-Noah: This is Sylar. He's killed a dozen agents, and Danko is protecting him. Everybody, stand down.
这是Sylar。他杀死了无数的探员,是Danko在保护他。各位,都站好了。
-Jakob: Look, you're under a lot of stress.
听着,你现在压力很大。
-Donner: Yeah, because of the divorce and everything.
是啊,都是因为离婚之类的事。
-Noah: How would you know a thing like that? Everybody, freeze. This is Sylar, and I can prove it. He's gonna heal. You watch. Now get up.Get up. Get up. Get up!
你怎么会知道这些事?所有人不许动。这是Sylar 我可以证明的,他的伤口会愈合。大家看,现在起来。起来。起来。起来!
-Jakob: He's dead. Sylar was never even in the building. You just killed an innocent man.
innocent: 无辜的
他死了。Sylar自始至终就没有出现在这栋楼里,你刚刚杀了一个无辜的人。
-Noah: Nobody move. Put your weapons on the ground right now. Weapons down, or I will blow his head off.
weapon: 武器 Blow: 打击
大家都不要动。立刻把武器丢到地上。丢掉武器,否则我把他的头打爆。
-Jakob: Get him! I didn't have a lot of options. I had to direct him somewhere. It seemed the safest choice.
option: 选择
抓住他!我没有多少选择,我必须给他点线索。这看起来是最安全的选择了。
-Sylar: You almost got me killed. You could have said I was agent Foster.
你差点让我死掉。你完全可以说我是Foster探员。
-Jakob: Except if Bennet shot Foster, Foster would be dead. I didn't know you could bleed like that.
不过如果Bennet开枪打了Foster Foster就死了。我都不知道你可以流血流成这样。
-Sylar: I squeezed out a little extra. For show.
squeeze: 挤,搾
我额外挤出了很多。为了表演。
-Noah: Sandra, just called to say... I don't know what.
Sandra,我打电话想说…我不知道。
I love you. I miss you. I miss my family.
我爱你,我想你,我想我们的家。
All my old numbers are burned. I can't leave you this one.
我所有的旧电话号码都销毁了,连这个也不能留了。
I'll call again when it's safe.
等到安全的时候,我会再打给你的。
-Jakob: Alena, it's me.
Alena,是我。
I know how you must feel betrayed, angry.
我知道你一定感觉被背叛了,很生气。
But what I said before,it's not true. You mean so much to me.
但就像我之前说的那都不是真的。你对我来说太重要了。
The way I am with you, it's not a lie. Jakob Prodasa is the man I want to be.
我和你一起不是个谎言,Jakob Prodasa是我想成为的人。
I can't do it without you. I'm begging you. Please.
我不能没有你,我在恳求你。拜托。
Give me a chance to prove myself.
给我个机会证明我自己。
-Peter: I still don't understand what we're doing out here, Mom.
妈,我还是不明白我们在这里干嘛。
-Angela: This is the place, Peter. This is where our story really begins.
就是这里了,Peter。这就是我们故事的真正起点。
-Peter: Yeah? Why did you call him here?
是吗?你为什么叫他过来?
-Angela: This family has to come together. Whatever has happened, Nathan is still your brother.
这个家庭必须团结起来。不管发生了什么,Nathan始终是你的哥哥。
-Peter: Yeah, well, I have a hard time believing that.
是啊,好,我对此质疑。
-Claire: Peter.
Peter。
-Nathan: Claire, it's all right. Let him vent.
vent: 出气,发泄
Claire,没关系,让他发泄吧。
-Peter: Enough. There's been too much misery in this place.
misery: 苦难,痛苦
够了,这里发生的不幸太多了。
-Nathan: What happened here, ma? Why'd you call us together?
妈,发生了什么?你为什么把我们都叫到一起?
-Angela: I never wanted you to see this. Any of you.
我一直都不想让你们看到这些,你们中任何一个。
But I realize now that was a mistake, and to prepare for the future, you have to understand the past.
但我现在知道这是个错误,为了迎接未来,你们必须了解过去。
You want the answers? Then you'll have to dig.
你们想要答案吗?那就挖吧。
[Narration] It is our nature to protect our children, for each generation to pass on their cautionary tales to the next. So it is with the myth of Icarus. The legend of a boy who fashioned wings from feathers and wax, daring to fly into the heavens. His father was fearful and warned Icarus to be careful, begging him not to tempt fate by flying too close to the sun.
But in the end, the boy couldn't resist. His waxen wings melted from the sun's rays. And he plunged...to his death.
cautionary: 警戒的,劝告的 myth: 神话 fashion: 造,做 wax: 腊 waxen: 蜡做的,腊制的 ray: 光线,射线 plunge: 投入,插入
[独白] 保护自己的孩子是我们的天性,让每一代把他们的训诫言传下去,就和伊卡洛斯的神话一样。那个有着美丽翅膀男孩的传奇,凭着蜡翼,勇敢冲向天堂。他的父亲很害怕,告诫Icarus要小心。祈求他不要飞的太近,拿生命冒险去冲向太阳。但是最后,男孩没有办法抵制诱惑,由于强烈的太阳光,他蜡做的羽翼融化了。然后他跳向了...自己的死亡。
-Nathan: I need a light.
我需要灯。
-Peter: Find something? Mom. You know who that was?
找到了什么?妈,你这到这是谁么?
-Angla: I knew... All of them.
我知道,他们全部。
-Nathan: All of them? Exactly how many are here, Mom?
全部?妈,这里到底有多少?
-Angela: Keep digging.
继续挖。



评 论


