看电影学英语 Bride Wars 《结婚大作战》
“I found I found”
“我发现,我发现”
“So many things”
“如此多的事”
“I dreamed of Dreamed of, dreamed of”
“我梦到,梦到”
“You fell in love with me”
“你爱上了我”
“But I couldn't think but I couldn't think”
“但我却无法想象,无法想象”
“Of how it could be”
“美梦如何能成真”
“And I finally found him”
“我终于找到了我的他”
“And I'm takin' the long way out!”
“艰辛困苦我也会努力”
“Cause it's gonna be It's gonna be”
“因为这将成为,这将成为”
“Somethin' special to me”
“我生命中特殊的一笔”
“Somethin' special to me Yeah, yeah”
“我生命中特殊的一笔”
“Days go by and we're still laughing”
“时间流逝,欢乐永驻”
“He's all mine”
“他完全属于我”
“And I'm never alone”
“我永不孤独”
“Days go by and we're still happy”
“时光流逝,欢乐永驻”
“He's all mine alone”
“他完全属于我”
“He's something special to me”
“对我而言他如此特别”
“He's something special to me”
“对我而言他如此特别”
“He's something special to me”
“对我而言他如此特别”
“Yeah, yeah”
“耶,耶”
“And I finally found him”
“我终于找到了我的他”
“And I'm takin' the long way out”
“艰辛困苦我也会努力”
“'Cause it's gonna be It's gonna be”
“因为这将成为,这将成为”
“Somethin' special to me”
“我生命中特殊的一笔”
“Somethin' special to me Yeah, yeah”
“我生命中特殊的一笔”
“Days go by and we're still happy”
“时光流逝,欢乐永驻”
“He's all mine alone”
“他完全属于我”
-Narrator: It all began at the Plaza Hotel.
plaza: 广场,市场
一切都从广场酒店开始,
Twenty years ago in the month of June.
发生在二十年前的六月,
Two mothers brought their daughters, Liv and Emma here to the Palm Court for tea.
两个母亲带着各自的女儿Liv和Emma,到棕榈阁来喝下午茶。
On that afternoon, there was a wedding.
那天下午有一场婚礼。
There was something blue, something borrowed.
有蓝色的东西,有借来的东西(美国婚礼习俗:有新,有旧,有借,有蓝)
And something completely magical.
completely: 完全地 magical: 魔术的
还有绝对的神奇之事。
And two little girls from New Jersey held in their hands a new dream
hold in hands: 抱着期望
这两个来自新泽西的女孩,从此心中有了个新的梦想,
that one day they would find that one person who would stand by them no matter what.
no matter what: 无论什么
那就是有一天她们会找到命定之人,不管发生什么他都会站在她这一边,
and when they did, they too would have June weddings at the Plaza.
而找到以后,她们也要在广场酒店成为六月新娘。
-Liv: Thank you.
谢谢你。
And, yes, Your Honor, I will take this lofty man to be my husband.
Your Honor: 阁下 lofty: 高尚的
是的,阁下,我愿意让这高尚的人成为我的丈夫。
-Emma: I always knew my wedding would be the happiest day of my life.
我一直都知道新婚之日是我一生中最快乐的一天,
Now I will dance with you until we have six babies and a house.
我们来跳舞,直到我们有了6个孩子和1座房子。
Do you think they let pets inside the Plaza?
你觉得广场酒店能让宠物进吗?
-Liv: Well, it's not like we're getting married until we're 16 at least.
至少我们16岁以前都不会结婚的。
-Emma: Next time, can I play the bride?
bride: 新娘
下次能让我扮新娘吗?
-Liv: Emma, you know, I always play the bride.
Emma,向来是我扮新娘的。
[Music]
“This will be an everlasting love”
“这会成为永存不灭的爱”
“This will be...”
“这将会......”
-Liv: Not too shabby. Caviar cocktail hour.
shabby: 寒酸 caviar: 鱼子酱 cocktail: 鸡尾酒
还算过得去,鱼子酱,鸡尾酒。
-Emma: Cigar roller, white glove service.
cigar: 雪茄烟white glove: 白手套
有雪茄供应,还有高级服务生。
-Liv: Celadon cymbidium orchids.
celadon: 青瓷 cymbidium: 兰花 orchids: 兰花
青色兰花装饰。
-Emma: Great deejay.
deejay: 播放音乐的人
音乐也很棒。
So we both admit it's beautiful.
admit: 承认
那么我们一致同意这漂亮。
-Liv: Um, yeah.
是啊!
-Emma: But? Do you think it's the work of Marion St. Claire?
work: 成果
但是,你觉得这是Marion St. Claire的策划吗?
-Liv: Oh. Marion's a visionary.
visionary: 幻想家
Marion真是个梦幻家。
If it had been my wedding…
要是我的婚礼的话……
-Emma: Oh, just say it.
你就说出来吧。
-Both: It ain't June. And it ain't the Plaza.
ain't: =are not, am not
现在不是六月,这也不是广场酒店。
-Liv: It's the elephant in the room.
the elephant in the room: 众所周知却故意被某方忽略不提的问题
那真是致命伤啊。
-Emma: Yeah. And here you are.
是啊。你在这啊。
-Fletcher: Oh, look. A duck made out of ice. Isn't this great? Know what else is great?
快看,用冰雕的鸭子,很棒是吧?知道还有什么很棒吗?
-Emma: Going home early and watching your backed-up TiVo?
backed-up: 备用 TiVo: 硬盘数字录像机
早点回家看你的后备录像?
-Fletcher: Am I that predictable?
predictable: 可预测的
我这么容易被看穿?
-Daniel: How about one more dance?
再跳一只舞吧?
And I'll give you my piece of the cake, if you let me lead.
lead: 领导;指挥
如果你让我领舞,我就把我那份蛋糕给你。
-Liv: Very funny.
很好笑。
-Daniel: Come on. Come on.
来吧,来吧!
-Liv: You know I always lead.
你知道向来是我领舞的。
-Bride: Hey. Oh. Hi, girls.
嘿,嗨,姑娘们!
Are you ready to catch this bouquet?
bouquet: 花束
你们准备好接这束花了吗?
-Emma: Gotta go.
我得走了。
-Bride: I'm so happy all of you are here.
我非常高兴你们都这在。
-Emma: On the other hand, always funny.
另一方面来说,总是很有趣。
-Liv: I know. They take it so seriously.
seriously: 严肃地,认真地
我知道,男人们总是那么当回事。
-Bride: My work friends, sort of. My college buds, oh, my God
我工作上的朋友们,算是吧,我大学时代的姐妹,我的天!
Emma Allan, is that the same dress you wore to.
Emma Allan,你穿的是几亿年前穿去参加。
The Delta Gamma “Kegs for a Cause'' semiformal, like, a bazillion years ago?
semiformal: 半正式的 bazillion: [口语]许多,大量
Delta Gamma 友爱会“ Kegs for a Cause ”酒会的那件吗?
-Emma: Yeah.
是啊。
-Liv: What's your point? Because it's a classic.
point: 目的 classic: 古典的
你想说什么?这可是件经典礼服!
If a dress works, you work it hard.
如果一件衣服穿起来好看,那是你下了功夫。
-Bride: See, that is sweet. And loyal.
loyal: 忠诚的
看,这多体贴以及忠诚。
Girlfriends sticking up for each other.
女朋友们帮对方说话,撑腰。
I like that, a lot. Keep that.
我很喜欢,保持下去。
Anyway, are you guys ready to catch this?
好了,你们准备好接这个了吗?
-All: Yeah!
是!
-Bride: Just think about it, feel it, catch it- One, two, three!
想着它,感觉它,然后接到它。一,二,三!
-Narrator: I would have seen the signs if I'd been there.
sign: 迹象,征兆
如果我要在场,早就看出苗头了。
It's all right there. Look at Emma's eyes. Like a hunter's.
一清二楚,看看Emma的眼神,猎人般凌厉。
And Liv's hand. How would you like that clasped around your throat?
clasp: 紧扣 throat: 喉咙
看看Liv的手,你想让这样的手扣住你的喉咙吗?
Not that either of them can imagine hurting each other at this point.
either: 随便任一个 imagine: 想象
那时候她们根本无法想象会伤害对方。
Why should they? They've been inseparable for 20 years.
inseparable: 形影不离的
她们怎么会呢?两人已经形影不离了20年。
-Liv: Okay, slow down. Why can't we run with iPods?
好了,慢点。为什么我们不能听着iPod跑?
-Emma: We can't run with iPods because iPods...
我们不能听着iPod跑是因为,
are for people who can't be alone with their own thoughts.
iPod是给那些无法沉思的人用的。
I'm literally running circles around you. Do you know that?
literally: 实际上,准确地
我完全是在绕着你跑,你知道吗?
-Liv: Do you know how many things I can think about at once?
你知道我能同时想多少件事吗?
You know what a multitasker I am.
multitasker: 身兼数职者
你知道我是多进程的。
-Emma: You're not enjoying my conversation? Is that what you're saying?
你不想跟我说话?你就是这意思吗?
I'm hurt. I am very hurt, Liv.
我伤心了,伤得很重,Liv。
-Liv: I gotta go.
gotta: =have got to
我得走了。
-Emma: All right. Have a good day.
好的,祝你愉快。
-Liv: Love you.
爱你。
-Emma: Call me. Tell me how the meeting goes.
给我打电话,告诉我会开得如何。
-Liv: Watch this power walk.
你看着点。
-Colleague: Hey, did you get the changes to the brief?
你收到简报的改动了吗?
-Liv: Read and highlighted in the cab.
highlight: 强调 cab: 出租汽车
看完了,在出租里把重点都标出来了。
-Colleague: Great.
很好!
-Liv: Purse.
钱包。
It's like the whole city is made out of lint.
lint: 绷带用麻布,线头
整个城市好像都是用棉线编的。
It's an aggressive approach, exploiting the weaknesses of our plaintiffs case.
aggressive: 主动地;积极地 approach: 方法 exploit: 开发,利用 plaintiffs: 原告
找出原告申述的弱点,是积极主动的一招。
And I think judicially we'll find favor.
judicially: 依法判决地 favor: 有利的
我想从审判上来看这对我方有利。
Particularly if we pull justice Givens.
particularly: 特别地,独特地 justice: 司法 givens: 假设
尤其是如果我们提请司法假设的话。
-Boss: Thank you, Liv.
谢谢,Liv。
Our best associate, Mr. Simmons.
associate: 合伙人
这是我们最好的律师Simmons先生。
-Mr. Simmons: Maybe your approach is too aggressive.
也许你的办法太主动了。
I mean, if we pound them.
pound: 猛烈攻击
如果我们攻击了他们,
As you suggest, they'll hardly be in the mood to settle.
settle: 和解;解决
像你建议的那样,他们就很难愿意和解了。
-Liv: Mr. Simmons, you don't…You don't know me, but I…I know you.
Simmons先生,你,你不了解我,但我,我了解你。
All you need to know is how badly you want to win...
你只用知道自己有多想赢就可以了。
because we won't be settling.
因为我们是不会和解的。
-Mr. Simmons: You're right. She's perfect.
你说得对,她非常出色。
-Robert: Oh, Ms. Allan?
Allan女士?
-Emma: Hey, Robert. What's up?
嘿,Robert,什么事?
-Robert: I think Ms. Delgado is looking for you.
我想Delgado女士在找你。
-Emma: Is she? W-Was she nearby?
是吗?她在附近吗?
-Robert: She…She's in her room.
她在她的房间。
-Emma: She's…
她在……
-Ms.Delgado: Emma, there you are.
Emma,你在这啊。
-Emma: I Oh, God, Deb. Hi.
哦,上帝,Deb,嗨!
-Ms.Delgado: I know. Isn't it gorgeous?
gorgeous: 华丽的
我知道,很漂亮吧?
God, I feel so blessed to have this body.
上帝,有这样的身材我真是觉得幸运。
-Emma: You know, I am so late
我要迟到了。
-Ms.Delgado: No, no, no. Listen. You gotta help me out here.
不,不,不,听着,你得帮我的忙。
You know the debate team?
debate: 辩论
你知道辩论队的事吧?
-Emma: Yeah.
是。
-Ms.Delgado: I cannot go to the state finals.
finals: 决赛
州决赛我去不了。
I mean, children talking about their little problems.
那些孩子们讨论他们那些小破事。
Ugh! You gotta do it for me.
你得代我去。
-Emma: Yeah, Deb, I'm already doing your late bus patrol...
patrol: 巡查
Deb,我已经在帮你值晚班车的班。
and pep squad and your after-school detention.
pep squad: 啦啦队 detention: 延迟
做啦啦队,还有留堂的工作了。
You're the debate team adviser. I don't think that I should…
你才是辩论队的指导老师,我觉得不该由我……
-Ms.Delgado: I know. I do so much.
我知道,我做的事太多了。
I wish I could just do the bare minimum.
bare: 极少的 minimum: 最低限度
我真希望只用做最低标准量就好了。
I so admire you for that.
admire: 羡慕,钦佩
真是羡慕你啊。
-Emma: Thank you.
谢谢你。
-Ms.Delgado: Anyway, all right, look. Here's how we'll work it out.
总之,听着,我们这样吧。
I'll do the debate team.
辩论队我负责。
-Emma: Okay, good.
好,很好。
-Ms.Delgado: Uh-huh. If you take my Tuesday study halls for the rest of the year. Okay?
但是我负责的周二学习时间今年都由你来管,好吗?
-Emma: Yeah, that's…No.
行,那...不。
-Ms.Delgado: All right. You owe me, girl.
好了,你欠我的,姑娘。
Get out of the hallway, kids!
hallway: 走廊,门厅
从走廊里滚出去,小孩。
-Emma: You know why she does this?
你知道她为什么要那么做吗?
-Liv: You're the best teacher at that school.
你是那学校最好的老师。
-Emma: No, I…
不,我……
-Liv: She's trying to overwork you, so you crack under pressure.
overwork: 过度操劳 crack: 崩溃
她想让你超负荷工作,你就会因担子太重垮掉了。
Middle school's a jungle.
jungle: 丛林,密林
中学就跟丛林一样。
-Emma: I don't know. I think she's kind of sad.
我不知道,我觉得她有点可悲。
I mean, she's been divorced, like, three times.
divorce: 离婚
她离过婚,离了好像有三次。
-Liv: She's way ahead of us.
ahead: 领先
她领先我们好多啊。
I mean, where are our divorces?
我们还不知道什么时候能离婚呢?
I gotta get married first.
我得先结婚。
God, I hate Daniel!
上帝,我恨Daniel!
No, Kevin. I'm dealing with a crisis.
crisis: 危机,紧急时刻
不,Kevin,我有麻烦要处理。
-Emma: What's your crisis?
你有什么麻烦?
-Liv: Uh, that's code for "I don't want to talk to you."
code: 密码
这话的意思就是“我不想跟你说话”。
-Emma: Oh, I see. Well, then thank you for putting me through.
我明白了,谢谢你能接我的电话。
-Liv: See? I told you those jeans would look great on you.
看?我就说你穿这裤子会好看。
-Emma: They aren't too tight?
不会太紧吗?
-Liv: No, no. Not at all. But this…
不,不,完全不会,但是……
I mean, Emma, yellow. Not your color.
Emma,黄色不适合你。
Okay? Seriously. Oh, but you know what? Try this.
懂吗?说真的,不过,试试这个吧。
Because…You know what? Keep it.
因为……你知道吗?给你吧。
It never hung right on me anyway.
hung: 吊,挂
我怎么穿都觉得不合适。
-Emma: Of course it doesn't hang right on you.
你穿当然不合适。
It's... my size, and it's new.
这是我的号,还是新的。
This is the Dolce blouse I told you about last week.
blouse: 女装衬衫
是我上周跟你提过的Dolce上衣。
Liv, I can't.
Liv,我不能。
-Liv: Hey, hey. It was on sale.
on sale: 廉价出售,打折
嘿,嘿,打折时买的。
I practically made money on it.
practically: 几乎,实际上,事实上
我这完全是赚了。
-Emma: Liv, it's too much.
Liv,这太贵了。
-Liv: Emma, Emma. Emma. Just say thank you. Just…
Emma,Emma,Emma,说谢谢就行了。
-Emma:Thank you. It's beautiful. I love it.
谢谢你,很漂亮,我很喜欢。
-Liv: Good.
很好!
Now this…Emma's stuff. Emma's stuff. Let's get rid of it at one point.
stuff: 物品 get rid of: 处理掉
好,Emma的东西,Emma的东西,找时间处理掉吧。
You moved out, like, a hundred years ago. Okay.
你八百年前就搬出去了。
Daniel's sweater? Cardigan? You wanna try that?
cardigan: 开襟羊毛衫
Danie的毛衣?想试试吗?
-Emma: Yeah, love it.
好,我很喜欢。
-Liv: Tiffany box.
Tiffany的盒子。
-Emma: You're getting engaged?
engage: 订婚
你要订婚了?
-Liv: I'm getting engaged.
我要订婚了。
I'm getting engaged!
我要订婚了!
-Emma: You're getting engaged!
你要订婚了!
Oh, my God!
我的上帝!
-Liv: Oh, my God! Emma.
我的上帝!Emma。
-Emma: No! Stop it. No. Liv!
不,别这样,不,Liv!
-Liv: I have to look.
我必须看。
-Emma: Stop it! No! No!
别这样,别,别!
-Liv:No, no!
不!不!
You can't stop me.
你不能阻止我。
-Emma: I'm sorry. But he should see your face when you first see the ring.
ring: 戒指
很抱歉,但是应该让他看到你第一次见到戒指时的表情。
-Liv: Good call.
说得对!
You always think of others, Emma.
你总是替别人着想,Emma。
It never occurs to me like that.
occur: 发生
我从来没想过这些。
I mean, sometimes it does.
我是说,有时候会。
-Emma: I'm really happy for you.
我真替你高兴!
Promise me you won't tell anyone until after he proposes.
propose: 求婚
答应我在他求婚前你谁也不会告诉。
-Liv: Oh, God. I would never. I'd be out of my mind.
天,我当然不会,我又没疯。
-Liv: I'm engaged!
我订婚了。
Can we get four tequila shots?
tequila: 龙舌兰酒 shots : [美国口语](烈性酒的)一口,一份,一杯
上四杯龙舌兰,好吗?
-Emma: No. No.
不,不。
No, no, no. None for me.
不,不,不,我不要。
-Liv: Oh, right.
行啊。
-Emma: I'm fine.
这个就行。
-Liv: Acapulco, 2006 Emma and Fletcher on a break.
break: 停止,分开
2006年的Acapulco,Emma和Fletcher闹分手。
-Friend A: “Never talk about that weekend again.”
永远不要再跟我提那个周末。
-Friend B: “'m so lonely and confused, and very thirsty.”
confused: 困惑的,烦恼的 thirsty: 渴望,热望
我孤独郁闷,还很饥渴。
-Emma: Okay, okay, okay. Make it stop. Please.
好了,好了,拜托别说了。
-Friend A: All right, a toast.
toast: 敬酒
好了,祝酒。
To Liv, Congratulations to an amazing friend.
致Liv,祝贺我们这位出色的朋友。
And condolences to Emma, Liv's maid of honor.
condolence: 哀悼 maid: 伴娘
同时哀悼Emma,Liv的伴娘。
She will surely be the most nightmarish bride ever.
nightmarish: 恶梦似的
她肯定会是有史以来最难熬的伴娘。
-Emma: It is my burden and mine alone.
burden: 重担
这是我的职责,而且只能是我的。
-Liv: I'll be repaying the favor very soon. Cheers.
repay: 偿还 favor: 恩惠
我很快就会报复回来的,干杯!
-Friend A: Drink up.
干杯!
-Nate: What did I rush down here for?
rush: 冲,奔
让我急冲冲赶来是为了什么?
-Liv: Nate! I'm getting married.
Nate,我要结婚了。
-Nate: Get out.
少来。
-Liv: Yeah.
真的。
-Nate: Oh, my God. Sister's gettin' married here.
哦,上帝!我妹妹要结婚了。
Where's-Where's the groom?
groom: 新郎
新郎在哪?
-Emma: Oh. Oh. He's not here.
他不在这。
-Liv: Well, he hasn't actually popped the question yet.
pop: 提出
事实上他还没求婚呢。
-Nate: A toast. To Daniel... who in his own world is just working late.
敬Daniel,在他的认知里,他不过是在加班。
But I guess in Liv's world has just proposed.
但在Liv看来他刚刚求了婚。
So God bless him for wanting to spend his life with my sister in any world.
上帝保佑他,因为他想和我妹妹共渡余生。
-Emma: To Liv.
敬Liv。
-All: We love ya.
我们爱你。
-Nate: He's a lucky guy.
他是个幸运的男人。
-Emma: Yep. The biggest day of a girl's life.
是啊,女孩一生中的大日子!
-Liv: I'm gonna be right back.
我马上就回来。
-Nate: Damn. Should I?
该死,我该去吗?
-Emma: I got it.
我去吧。
-Liv: I mean, they didn't get to see me graduate law school…
graduate: 毕业
他们都没看到我从法学院毕业。
or read Nate's first story in New York magazine.
也没读到Nate第一篇发表在纽约杂志的文章。
So I can't share this with 'em.
share: 分享
这次我也不能与他们分享。
-Emma: I wish your parents could be here too.
我也希望你的父母能在这。
-Liv: Whatever. It's fine. I'm fine.
管他的,没关系,我没事。
-Emma: Liv, you're only human.
Liv,你是个人。
You don't have to have it together every minute of every day.
你不需要每时每刻都冷静自持。
-Liv: Former chubby girls. We're made of steel.
former: 之前的 chubby: 胖乎乎的 steel: 钢铁
曾经的胖姑娘,我们都是钢铁打造的。
And Splenda. We survive.
survive: 生存
还有Splenda,我们是熬过来的。
-Emma: Well, first of all, you weren't fat.
首先,你并不胖。
But, yes, you do survive.
但是,是的,你是熬过来的。
-Liv: Thanks, Em.
谢谢,mma。
-Emma: You're welcome, Liv.
不客气,Liv。
-Liv: You're gonna be the best maid of honor.
你会是最棒的伴娘。
-Emma: Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
-Liv: What do we do first?
我们先做什么?
-Emma: First- Oh! I was thinking.
首先,我想。
It might be a good idea to actually get the proposal.
让人先把婚求了才对吧。
-Liv: See? It's that head for details.
看,这就是心思细密的人。
-Emma: Yeah, right? I know.
是吧?我就知道。
[Television]
...people watching this performance at home with a huge question mark.
performance: 表演
...人们在家里带着无数疑问欣赏这次表演。
-Emma: Hey, babe? I don't think they sent us any fortune cookies.
fortune: 幸运的 cookies: 饼干
嘿,宝贝?我想他们没送幸运饼干来。
-Fletcher: No, they sent 'em. I got them right here.
em: [口语] = them
他们送了,就在我这呢。
-Emma: Oh, good. Okay. Here we are.
哦,好的,好了,给你。
-Fletcher: This guy's gotta go. I'm sorry. I know you like him.
这家伙该走人了,我很抱歉,我知道你喜欢他。
He's very pitchy.
pitchy: 外行
他真是荒腔走掉。
-Emma: You know, Fletch, that is actually a real thing.
Fletch,那词是有意义的。
Pitchy. It's not just code for someone you don't like.
荒腔走调,不只是用来形容某个人是惹你讨厌的。
-Fletcher: Oh, okay. You're pitchy.
好吧,你真荒腔走调。
Oh, uh, that one's mine. Please.
那个是我的,给我。
-Emma: You're really calling dibs on fortune cookies now?
dibs: 权利
你现在对幸运饼干都要宣布所有权了?
-Fletcher: Yeah. It's on the right side.
是的,这个是在右边的。
-Emma: it's fine. Yours is the left.
好吧,没关系,你的是左边的。
But if your fortune's better than mine, I'm claiming it.
claim: 要求
但要是你的幸运语比我的好,那可要归我。
-Fletcher: I don't think it will be.
我想不会。
-Emma: Okay. Are you ready? One.
好了,准备好了吗?一。
-Fletcher: Two.
二。
-Emma: Three. What's this?
三。这是什么?
-Fletcher: I put a lot of thought into where I was gonna do this...
我想了很久我该在哪里做,
and, uh, I wanna do it here.
最后我决定在这。
This is our home...
这是我们的家,
and if I'm 99 years old and we're doing exactly this in our home.
如果我99岁的时候,我们还在家里做同样的事。
TV and gettin' Chinese food, that'll be good enough for me.
看电视,吃中餐外卖,那对我来说就够好了。
So, Emma Allan?
那么,Emma Allan?
Will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗?
-Emma: Yes. Yes.
是的!是的!
-Liv: It didn't happen tonight. But I'm not worried, 'cause I'm sure Daniel's…
今晚没成,但我不担心,因为我肯定Daniel……
-Emma: I-I'm engaged.
我订婚了。
Fletcher just proposed, like, two minutes ago.
两分钟前,Fletcher刚向我求婚了。
I'm engaged.
我订婚了!
-Liv: Color?
颜色?
-Emma: Colorless.
无色。
-Liv: Cut?
切割?
-Emma: Brilliant.
brilliant: 闪耀的,闪亮的
明亮式。
-Liv: Clarity?
clarity: 清晰度
净度?
-Emma: Slightly included.
略有内含物。
-Liv: Carat?
carat: 克拉
克拉?
-Emma: Almost, maybe just under.
快1克了,也许稍小些。
More than he could afford, I'm sure.
afford: 承受
我肯定超出他的承受能力了。
-Friend A: Engaged? Wow!
订婚了?
Liv's engaged. You're engaged.
Liv订婚了,你也订婚了。
That's…That's…
太……太……
C-Can I call you back?
我过会给你打过去?
-Friend B: What do you mean Emma's engaged?
你说Emma订婚了是什么意思?
No. Of course I'm happy. Why wouldn't I be happy?
不,我当然高兴,我怎么会不高兴呢?
I think it's great. Yeah.
我觉得这很好,是的。
No, you don't have to come here. I'm fine.
不,你不必过来,我没事。
I'm not gonna eat anything. Okay.
我什么都不会吃的,好的。
-Friend C: And I have the perfect wedding present.
我有个很棒的结婚礼物。
You are going to live with Emma and Fletcher.
你要和Emma还有Fletcher一起住了。
You're irritating me.
irritate: 激怒
你这是在气我。
-Emma: I can't believe it.
难以置信。
It's so weird having this on my finger. I mean, hey, look.
手指上带着这东西感觉真是奇怪,看啊。
It even sparkles in the rain.
sparkle: 闪亮
在雨中都是亮闪闪的。
-Liv: Blinding. Ouch.
blinding: 刺眼的
炫目啊,哎哟。
-Emma: So I’m thinking about getting DJ Humble to spin at my party.
spin: [口语]放(唱片)
我在考虑婚礼上要请Humble当DJ。
I don't know though. Is that weird?
但我还没想好,会奇怪吗?
-Liv: You should go for it.
我觉得你该请。
-Emma: I'm not really a big band kind of girl.
我其实不是很喜欢乐团。
-Liv: Whatever. It's your wedding.
管他呢,这是你的婚礼。
-Emma: Oh. My mom can't fly up until the wedding.
我妈妈要到婚礼那天才能来。
She's too busy with work. But who cares. I've got you, right?
她工作太忙了,但是谁在乎呢,我有你,对吗?
-Liv: Yeah. I'm so psyched.
psyched: 作好精神准备
是啊,我太激动了。
-Emma: So would you come with me to meet her?
那你跟我一起去见她吗?
-Liv: I'm sorry. What? Meet who?
抱歉,什么?见谁?
-Emma: Marion St. Claire.
Marion St. Claire。
Haven't you been listening? I've got an appointment with her on Friday.
appointment: 约会
你没听我说话吗?我跟她约了周五见。
-Liv: You already made an appointment?
你已经约好了?
-Emma: Yeah.
是的。
-Liv: You just got engaged last night.
你昨晚才刚订婚啊!
-Emma: I know. But technically, I'm already behind.
technically: 技术上的
我知道,但是理论上讲,我已经晚了。
You gotta book early if you want the Plaza.
如果想在广场酒店办,早就得预约好。
-Liv: The Plaza? I can't believe this.
广场酒店?我简直不敢相信。
-Emma: What…What's the matter? Why are you mad?
怎么了?你为什么生气了?
-Liv: I'm not mad. No, not at you.
我不是生气,不,我不是对你生气。
I just don't know what's taking Daniel so long.
我只是不明白Daniel还在磨蹭什么。
-Emma: Oh, God. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have…
噢,天啊,我很抱歉,我不应该……
We don't have to talk about this. Let's just drop it.
drop: 放下
我们不用说这个,别提了。
-Liv: Don't worry about me. Worry about Daniel.
别担心我,担心Daniel吧!
He's gonna be dead soon.
他很快就要死翘翘了。
-Emma: Why? What?
为什么?什么?
-Liv: Call you later.
回头给你电话。
-Emma: What are you go…
你要干什么?
Liv, you let him do this his own way.
Liv,让他按自己的方式来。
-Liv: Excuse me. Excuse me.
借过,借过。
Excuse me!
借过!
Honey!
宝贝!
Will you just marry me, already?
你能娶我吗?
-Fat Man: Yeah. Okay.
好,可以!
-Liv: Isn't that what you want? 'Cause it's what I want...
这不就是你想要的吗?这是我想要的。
and I just wanna know if you want to marry me.
如果你想娶我的话我想知道。
Don't you wanna get married?
你不是想结婚吗?
-Daniel: Honey, can we talk about this later?
宝贝,我们回头再谈这个好吗?
-Liv: Oh, you changed your mind? I saw the Tiffany box in the closet.
你改主意了?我看到了柜子里的蒂凡尼的盒子。
Right? Oh, my God. It's not a ring?
对吧?噢,上帝啊,那不是戒指?
If it's a key chain I'm gonna kill myself... and I'm taking you down with me.
chain: 链子
那要是钥匙链的话我就杀了自己,还要拖你垫背。
Is that you want?
那是你想要做的吗?
Would you want, would you want married?
你想要,想要结婚吗?
-Daniel: You know what I will tell you?
你知道我想说什么吗?
I have never met a more obnoxious, complicated, overbearing.
obnoxious: 讨厌的 complicated: 复杂的,难懂的 overbearing: 骄傲自大的
我这辈子从没碰到过比你更讨厌,更难懂,更自大。
Gorgeous, smart, sexy woman in my life.
更漂亮,更聪明,更性感的女人。
And, if you had just waited until tonight…
而且,要是你能等到今晚,
then you wouldn't be the woman I fell in love with...
那你就不是我爱上的那个女人了。
Because she doesn't know how to wait.
因为我爱的人不知道什么叫等待。
Will you hold that for a second?
你能帮我拿一下吗?
-Fat Man: Yeah.
好的。
-Daniel: Which is fine, as long as I get to spend the rest of my life...
不过没关系,只要我能与她共度余生,
trying to catch up with her. Liv?
努力跟上她的脚步。Liv?
-Liv: Hmm?
嗯?
-Daniel: Will you marry me?
你愿意嫁给我吗?
-Liv: Are you proposing?
你是在求婚?
-Daniel: Mmm.
嗯。
-Liv: Really? Honey, it's so out of nowhere.
真的?宝贝,这真是太突然了!
-Daniel: Liv, shut up. Yes or no?
Liv,,闭嘴,愿意还是不愿意?
-Liv: Yes!Yes!
愿意!愿意!
-Daniel: Babe.
宝贝。
-Liv: Yes.
是的。
-Daniel: This is not how I planned it.
这跟我计划的不一样。
-Liv: Are you kidding?
你在开玩笑吗?
-Colleague A: I love "Bring Your Hot Girlfriend to Work'' day.
我爱死“带火辣女友上班”了。
-Colleague B: Totally.
绝对的!
-Narrator: And that is the journey that brought these two young brides to my townhouse on that particular afternoon.
journey: 旅程 particular: 特别的,特殊的
那两个年轻新娘就是如此,才在那个特殊的下午来到了我家。
-Liv: No, no, no. Don't do that. Not now. Not now. Let's go.
不,不,不,别这么做,别在现在,我们走。
-Emma: Okay. I'm good.
好了,我没事了。
-Narrator: I'm Marion St. Claire.
我是Marion St. Claire。
The most sought-after wedding planner in Manhattan.
sought-after: 广受欢迎的
曼哈顿最吃香的婚礼策划人。
-Liv:Hi. We're Marion's 1:00
嗨,我们跟Marion约了一点。
We're both getting married, and we're both each other's maid of honor.
我们都要结婚了,要给对方互当伴娘。
-Woman: No way. That's incredible.
incredible: 令人吃惊的
不可能吧,太惊人了。
Ms. St. Claire will see you now.
St. Claire女士能见你们了。
-Liv:Hi. I'm Liv Lerner.
嗨,我是Liv Lerner。
-Emma: Hi, Ms. St. Claire. Wow.
嗨,St. Claire夫人。
-Liv: This is Emma Allan.
这是Emma Allan。
-Emma: What an honor.
很荣幸。
-Liv: We've been best friends for a long time.
我们是多年密友。
-Emma: I can't believe this.
我简直无法相信。
-Marion St. Claire: Sit.
坐下。
-Emma: Okay.
好的。
-Liv: Got it.
明白。
-Marion: A wedding marks the first day of the rest of your life.
婚礼代表着你余生的第一天。
You have been dead until now.
在这之前你们都是死亡的。
W-Were you aware of that?
你们意识到了吗?
You're dead right now.
你们现在就是死亡状态。
-Emma: I understand.
我明白。
-Marion: Thank you. Angela, for example, will die dead.
谢谢。举个例,Angela,会以死亡的状态死去的。
Now I've read the brief that she put together on you.
brief: 摘要
我看过了她写的关于你们的简介。
June weddings at the Plaza.
在广场酒店的六月婚礼?
-Emma: So it's not even a remote possibility?
remote: 细小的
那么是完全没有可能了?
-Marion: If you'd gone elsewhere, not a chance.
如果你们去别的地方,完全没机会。
But you've come to me.
但是你们找到了我。
Call me dream catcher. I'll answer.
叫我梦想实现者,我会答应的。
-Liv: Ooh. Dream catcher.
梦想实现者。
I happen to have... three openings at the Plaza in June.
opening: 空缺的场地
我刚好有六月份三个在广场酒店的空缺。
Two the first Saturday... and one the last Saturday.
两个是六月的第一个周六,还有一个是六月的最后一个周六。
That would be the 6th and the 27th.
也就是6号和27号。
-Liv: Oh! My parents' anniversary is the 6th. That's so meant to be.
anniversary: 周年纪念日
我父母的纪念日就是6号,真是上天注定!
-Emma: Oh, my gosh! Well, then I'll take the 27th.
我的天,那我就选27号的。
-Marion: Great. Um, you'll wanna discuss this with your grooms.
太好了!你们需要跟新郎讨论一下吧。
-Both: No.
不用。
-Marion: All right then.
那好。
Just sign and... date these. Okay.
在这签名,定好日子。好的。
-Emma: This feels pretty good right now, I gotta say.
现在感觉真是好啊。
-Marion: Now, uh, we should discuss themes.
theme: 主题
现在我们要讨论一下主题。
-Emma: Uh, elegant minimalism. Classic traditionalism with romantic textures.
elegant: 优雅的 minimalism: 简约主义 traditionalism: 传统主义 texture: 特质
简约大方,经典传统,同时有浪漫气氛.
-Liv: And trendy infusion.
trendy: 流行的 infusion: 混入物
又有时尚元素。
-Marion: I'm impressed.
impressed: 印象深刻的,了不起的
让我印象深刻。
-Emma: Really? Well, we love you so much.
真的?我们非常喜欢你。
-Liv: She means…She means "Thank you."
她是想说,想说,谢谢你。
-Woman: Your 1:15 is here, Ms. St. Claire.
预约1点15的人到了,St. Claire夫人。
-Emma: Thank you... so much.
非常感谢你们。
-Marion: I have packets for you up front.
packet: 包
我这有给你们的东西
-Emma: Bride to bride, there's only one June opening left at the Plaza.
都是新娘才对你说,广场酒店的六月婚礼还有一个空位。
-Bride: Oh, my God. Thank you. You are so sweet.
上帝,谢谢你,你真是体贴。
Ms. St. Claire, first off, I'm obsessed with you.
obsessed: 着迷的
St. Claire女士,首先,我对您很着迷。
Uh, it's an honor and a privilege.
privilege: 特权
很荣幸。
-Marion: Sit.
坐下。
-Bride: Sure.
当然。
-Both: June. At the Plaza.
六月!在广场酒店!
-Narrator: Look at them-So blissfully unaware of the implications of their wedding date.
blissfully: 幸福的 unaware: 无意识的 implication: 暗示
看看她们,天真地对她们婚礼日期的影响毫不知情。
You see, at this point, June was a mere three and a half months away.
你看当时,六月不过是三个半月之遥。
A blink of an eye, in wedding time.
blink: 眨眼
在婚礼纪年中,不过是转瞬之间。
[Music]
“Got my dreams, got my life, got my love”
“有婚礼,有生活,有爱”
“Got my friends. Got the sunshine above”
“有朋友,有阳光”
“Why am I making this hard on myself?”
“我为什么还要对自己这么严厉”
“When there's so many beautiful reasons I have to be”
“当这有这么多的理由让我感到”
“Happy”
“幸福”
“Yeah”
“耶”
-Emma: Oh, my God. Oh, my God. Miss Wang!
我的天,我的天,Miss Wang!
Ohh. Lace bodice.
蕾丝,紧身。
Basque waist, 10-layer tulle.
waist: 腰身 -layer: 层 tulle: 薄纱
Basque收腰,10层薄纱。
-Liv: You should try it on.
你应该试试这件。
-Emma: No. No, no. I'm wearing my mom's dress.
不,不,不,我要穿我妈妈的婚纱。
-Liv: Emma, are you sure?
Emma,你确定吗?
Your mom's dress is beautiful,
你妈妈的裙子是漂亮。
but is…is it your dream or hers?
但这是你的梦想还是你妈妈的?
-Emma: It's mine. It's mine. I wanna surprise her.
是我的,是我的,我是想给她惊喜。
-Liv: But it is your day.
但这是你的大日子。
Can't you just send her a big box of chocolates on Mother's Day... and get the dress you want?
你就不能在母亲节给她送一大盒巧克力。然后穿你想穿的裙子?
-Emma: I It's really pretty.
这真的非常漂亮。
And I do love strapless.
strapless: 无吊带的
而且我确实喜欢露肩的。
-Liv: Me too.
我也是。
-Emma: I feel like I'm cheating on my mom's dress.
cheat: 欺骗
我觉得我背叛了我妈妈的婚纱。
I can't. I can't. I've very comfortable with my decision.
comfortable: 舒服的,愉快的
我不能,不能,我对我的当时的决定很满意。
I'm just gonna put it back. Put it back.
我要把它挂回去,挂回去。
-Liv: Okay.
好吧。
-Emma: But I mean, if you like it... you should try it on.
但是要是你喜欢的话,你应该试试。
-Liv: No. You saw it first.
不,是你先看到的。
-Emma: Please. That's a terrible reason.
拜托,这理由可不怎么样。
We're gonna try this on, okay?
我们要试试这件,行吗?
-Liv: No, uh, I'm gonna... try it on.
不,我要,试穿一下。
-Emma: It's stunning. It's perfect.
stunning: 极好的
这迷人了,真是完美。
-Liv: I know. Right?
我知道,对吗?
I should probably keep looking.
我也许该再看看。
-Emma: Do you think there is something better than Vera Wang?
你觉得会有比Vera Wang的更好的吗?
I'm sorry. Do they keep that next to the something that is better than chocolate?
对不起,不是有人把这称作比巧克力更好的东西?
Liv, get the dress.
Liv,要了这婚纱。
-Liv: What if you change your mind?
要是你改变主意了呢?
-Saleswoman: Just be very careful about any pre-wedding weight gain.
小心婚礼前不要发胖了。
You don't alter a Vera to fit you; you alter yourself to fit Vera.
alter: 改变
不能调整Vera来适应你,只有你调整来适应Vera。
-Liv: Weight gain. Please. Yeah. Right. Me lose control?
发胖,拜托,是啊,我会失去控制?
You see these eyes? You know what that is?
看到这双眼神了吗?你知道这是什么吗?
Focus. That's right.
坚定,对了。
Well, it's contacts, and focus.
是交流,还有坚定。
You know, I'll take it.
这件我要了。
-Saleswoman: Perfect.
很好!
I'll get you more champagne.
champagne: 香槟
我再给你们拿些香槟来。
-Both: Marion.
Marion.
-Marion: A terrible mistake has been made...
发生了一个可怕的错误。
One I assure you has never happened before... in the House of St. Claire.
我敢跟你们保证这在St. Claire从来没发生过。
Your weddings have been booked on the same day.
book: 预定
你们的婚礼被定在了同一天。
-Liv: Can you say that again? I'm sorry. What?
你能再说一遍吗?对不起,什么?
-Marion: Your weddings have been scheduled for the same date.
schedule: 安排
你们的婚礼被预约在了同一天。
-Emma: Mother "F."
操你娘!
-Liv: Are you insane?
insane:精神错乱的
你疯了吗?
The Plaza is our lifelong dream.
广场酒店是我们这辈子的梦想!
-Marion: Angela... mixed up the dates.
mix up: 混淆
Angela弄混了日子。
You are now both set to be married June 6...
你们现在都要在6月6号结婚。
and the other bride on June 27.
而另一个新娘是在6月27号。
The next available date at the Plaza is June 15
available: 有空的
下一个空缺是在6月15号。
-Emma: Perfect. I'll take it.
太好了,我要了!
-Marion: Three years from now.
三年之后。
-Liv: This is no…
这没……
-Emma: No, I can't…
不,我不能……
-Liv: It's no problem. Hold on. It's no problem.
这没问题,等等,这没问题。
Because I'll negotiate it. I negotiate for a living.
negotiate: 商谈
因为我能协调好,我就是以协调为生的。
I'll get the other bride to switch her dates with you.
switch: 交换
我会让另一个新娘跟你换日子的。
-Emma: Trust me.
相信我。
You can't say no to that face.
对这张脸你说不了“不”。
-Marion: Yes, well, our confidentiality agreement.
confidentiality: 保密
是啊,但是我们的保密协议。
Means that I cannot tell you who she is...
让我没法告诉你她是谁。
So which one of you will choose a different venue?
venue: 地点
那么你们谁愿意换个地方?
-Bride: I'm leaving right now, Ms. St. Claire.
我现在就走,St. Claire女士。
-Marion: Word to the wise, dear…and also to you…
word to the wise: 明白人用不着细说
我奉劝你一句,亲爱的。
Do not use me as a reference.
别说在我这工作过。
-Emma: Hello, Angela.
你好,Angela。
-Liv: just...tell us where the other bride is...
快,告诉我们那个新娘在那。
And nobody's gonna get hurt.
那样大家都没事。
-Emma: Hi.
嗨!
-Liv: Hello, Stacy.
你好,Stacy。
-Stacy: How are you?
你好吗?
-Emma: It's Emma and Liv.
我们是Emma和Liv。
You look gorgeous.
你看起来真漂亮。
-Liv: Did you lose weight?
是不是瘦了?
-Stacy: You want me to change the date of my wedding?
你想让我改结婚的日期?
-Liv: Yeah.
是啊。
-Stacy: No.
不。
-Emma: You take the 6th, give me the 27th.
你6号结,把27号让给我。
She can be your wedding buddy.
buddy: 伙伴
她就成了你同日结婚的新娘伴儿了。
-Liv: I'm a ball. Really. I am.
我很棒的,真的。
-Stacy: Don't touch me.
别碰我。
-Liv: Let's talk numbers.
我们谈谈价钱吧。
Every wedding has a price, hon. What's yours?
每个婚礼都有价,宝贝,你的是多少?
-Stacy: You can't buy me. So again, no.
你别想买通我,所以还是那句话,不!
No, no, no. A thousand times, no.
不,不,不,一千遍也是:不!
Good luck, ladies.
祝你们好运,女士们。
There's something wrong with you.
你肯定有病。
-Emma: You're not leaving until you change your…
你不改主意就别想走。
-Stacy: She's crazy
她疯了!
-Liv: just change your date.
改日期就好。
-Stacy: She's crazy! Somebody call Security.
security: 保安人员
她疯了,谁叫一下保安?
-Liv: You won't even change your date!
你改日期都不愿意。
-Stacy: You're crazy!
你疯了!
-Liv: It's unnecessary for you to touch me so hard.
你没必要用那么大的劲。
-Emma: Technically, she pushed me too.
她也推了我呢!
-Security: Come on. Have a nice day.
好了,祝你们愉快!
-Liv: Whatever.
管他的!
-Emma: We could sue. We could sue.
sue: 起诉
我们可以起诉,可以起诉。
You're a lawyer. We could sue 'em all.
你是律师,我们可以告他们所有人。
We could sue the Plaza.
我们可以告广场酒店。
We could sue Marion. We could sue Angela.
可以告Marion,可以告Angela。
-Liv: What's the point? None of them are gonna make it right.
有什么用呢?他们谁也没法改变。
No. It's up to us. I want you at my wedding.
不,这全靠我们自己,我希望我的婚礼上有你。
And whichever way this works out...
不管用什么方法实现。
One of us will just have to be married on a different day.
我们中有一个换日子出嫁就行了。
-Emma: Absolutely. I mean, you know, I want you at my wedding.
当然,你知道,我也希望我的婚礼上有你。
Obviously. If we can't think of any other way out of this...
当然,如果我们找不到方法解决的话。
One of us will simply have to be flexible.
flexible: 灵活的
只要有个一人能灵活点就好。
-Liv: Yeah. One of us will just have to change venues.
venue: 发生地点,现场
是啊,我们中有一个换地方就行。
-Emma: Right. One of us could.
对,我们中的一个。
Probably, um, not.
也许不该是。
The one of us who's been saving up for a decade...
decade: 十年
存了几十年钱就为了这天的那个。
because she makes a pittance compared to the other one of us, but…
pittance: 微薄的报酬
因为跟另一个比起来,她赚的不过是蝇头小利。
-Liv: True. I mean, or it would be...
是啊,也许是的。
If the other one of us wasn't so desperate to get married at the Plaza...
desperate: 不顾一切的
如果另一个不是想在广场酒店结婚想到要死的话。
Because the Plaza, practically, is the only happy memory she has of her childhood.
因为对她来说广场酒店是她童年唯一的美好回忆。
So, oops. That's…
所以,这……
-Emma: Right. One of us will have to move her date.
是啊,得有一个人换日子。
-Liv: Yep. One of us will.
是的,得有一个人那么做。
-Emma: And until one of us decides, we shouldn't make any concrete plans.
concrete: 具体的
在我们决定下来之前,我们不要把计划定死。
-Liv: Agreed. There's some time before we lock things in.
lock: 锁定
同意,在把事情都定下了前还有段时间。
Let's just not do anything.
我们什么都不要做。
-Emma: Right.
对。
-Liv: until one of us moves her date.
直到有一个人换结婚日期。
-Emma: Okay. So, um- Talk to you soon. One of us should…Call the other one.
行,那么回头再说,我们中的有一个该给另一个打电话。
-Liv: One of us hasn't called me yet, but you know what?
某人还没给我打电话,但是你知道吗?
She's gonna move her date.
她会换日子的。
She always was the bendy one, even as a kid, remember?
bendy: 易弯曲的
妥协的总是她,还是孩子时就是,记得吗?
-Nate: Yeah, she didn't sound too bendy to me.
是啊,在我听来她可不会轻易妥协。
I called Fletch, and she picked up.
我给Fletch打电话,但她接了。
He's doin' my taxes tomorrow night.
他明天晚上要帮我报税。
-Liv: You can't get all buddy-buddy with him. Not now.
你不能跟他称兄道弟,现在不行。
Anyway, Daniel can do your taxes. He's "financer."
总之,Daniel可以帮你报税,他是搞金融的。
-Daniel: It's a hedge fund, babe. We don't do a lot of tax prep.
hedge fund: 对冲基金,是流行于美国的一种私人投资管理体制下的有限合伙企业,是一种形式最简单、费用最低、最隐秘灵活的私人投资管理方式。
我做的是对冲基金,我们不怎么弄税。
-Liv: Whatever. You do our taxes.
管那么多,我们的税都是你在弄。
-Nate: Fletch has been my accountant for six years. I'm going.
accountant: 会计,会计师
Fletch给我当了6年会计了,我要去。
You're being ridiculous. Just have a double wedding.
ridiculous: 可笑的
你太无理取闹了,举行双人婚礼不就行了。
-Liv: What are we, 41 -year-old twin sisters?
当我们什么人啊,41岁的老双胞胎?
-Daniel: Babe! Double wedding.
宝贝,双人婚礼!
-Fletch: A double wedding. I think that's a great idea.
双人婚礼,我觉得这点子很棒。
It would be a hell of a party.
那该多热闹啊!
-Emma: You know, uh, no.
不。
I've shared everything my whole life with Liv.
这辈子我什么事都跟Liv分享。
I'd kinda like my own day just…just once.
我只是希望那天完全属于自己,就一次。
-Fletch: I know, bug. Is this everything? This is all your gas receipts.
receipt: 收据
我知道,虫虫。这就是全部了?煤气收据都在这。
-Nate: Threw it all in the shoe box. I don't know.
都是随手往鞋盒里扔的,我也不清楚。
-Emma: It's my dream too. To get married at the Plaza.
在广场酒店结婚也是我的梦想。
I have been saving since I was 16.
我从16岁起就开始存钱了。
I just need a few more days to. Let it go.
我只是需要几天时间,去放弃。
I'll find a new dream. Liv's reasons are better than mine.
我会找到新的梦想的,Liv有比我更好的理由。
-Fletch: It's like American Idol, all right?
American Idol: 美国偶像,美国真人秀电视节目
这就像《美国偶像》明白吗?
Liv is the Simon. Ugh. God.
Liv就是Simon,啊,天。
I mean, no offense. But you're the Paula.
offense: 冒犯
无意冒犯,但是你就是Paula。
Even when they can't sing, you compliment their outfit.
compliment: 赞扬 outfit: 服装
就算选手唱得很烂,你也会称赞他们的服装
It's nice.
善解人意。
-Emma: Well, but everyone listens to Simon.
但是人人都听Simon。
-Fletch: I wouldn't marry Simon. I'd marry me some Paula.
我不会娶Simon,我会给自己找个Paula。
-Liv: That's nice.
这个不错。
-Daniel: Just pick one. I'm fine with any of'em.
随便选一个吧,我哪个都行。
-Liv: See? That's why I need a maid of honor. You don't care.
看?知道我为什么需要伴娘了吧,你根本不在乎。
-Daniel: I…Hey, you wanna have her back in the game?
我,嘿,你想让她回来?
You know what you're gonna have to do, and the sooner the better.
你知道你该怎么做,越快越好。
We need to give our guests some notice.
我们好通知客人们。
-Liv: Exactly.
正是。
Which is why save-the-dates are so key, but you don't care.
save-the-date: 预留时间,参加喜宴 key: 重要的
这就是为什么日期通知帖那么重要,但是你却毫不在乎。
-Daniel: It's not that I don't care.
我不是不在乎。
-Liv: Well, get your phone then.
那你还接电话。
-Daniel: Hello?
你好?
-Liv: Men.
男人。
-Daniel: Yo, Fletch. No, nothin' much. Just lookin' at save-the-dates or invites.
Fletch,不,没什么事,在挑日期通知帖和请柬。
Are we still on for tomorrow?
我们明天还是按原计划?
-Fletch: Yeah, totally.
是,当然。
Any sign of progress on your end? Is Liv softening at all?
progress: 进步 soften: 变缓和
你那么有什么进展吗?Liv有没有丝毫动摇?
-Daniel: No way. And there's no way she's gonna blink first.
blink: 漠视或不顾
没可能,想让她先妥协是没可能的。
They haven't spoken for a week.
她俩都一周没讲过话了。
That's a century in girl years.
按女人纪年那都是一个世纪了。
What is it about weddings that makes 'em so worked up?
worked up: 神经紧张(兴奋,气愤)
婚礼是哪点让她们怎么起劲的?
-Fletch: I know. I have no idea.
是啊,我也摸不着头脑。
It's, like, the wrong time to let the guy know that you're crazy.
这就是在最不合适的时候让男人知道你很疯狂。
You know what I mean? It's not how I'd play it.
你明白我的意思吗?我不会那么干的。
Oh, you know what? She's here now.
你知道吗?她回来了。
I'll see you tomorrow?
我们明天见?
-Daniel: All right.
好的!
-Emma: Hey.
嘿。
-Fletch: Hi, sweetie.
嗨,甜心。
Hi. How was pep squad?
嗨,啦啦队怎么样?
-Emma: I hate pep squad.
我恨啦啦队。
I particularly hate peppy teenage girls...
particularly: 特别地,尤其
我尤其恨啦啦队的小女生。
who insist everyone be aggressive. B.E. aggressive.
insist: 坚持 aggressive: 有进取心的,活跃有为的
她们坚持人人要充满激情,定要激情。
It's, like, there are no other pathways in life besides aggression, you know?
pathway: 路径
就好像生活里除了激情就没别的了。
I'm gonna call Liv.
我要给Liv打电话。
-Fletch: Really?
真的?
-Emma: Yeah.
是的。
Amie and Marissa are throwing us that joint shower...
throw: 丢 shower:(为新娘或分娩等妇女举行的)送礼会
Amie和Marissa要给我们搞个联合单身派对。
and it'd be good to have all this behind us by then. Right?
而且让这些事都过去挺好的,对吗?
-Fletch: You sure?
你确定?
-Emma: Yeah.
是的。
-Fletch: Yeah. I agree. I was just talkin' to Daniel. She's on her cell.
是,我同意,我刚跟Daniel通过话,她带着手机呢。
You should call her. They're out doin' their save-the-dates or whatever.
你该打给她,他们在外面弄日期通知帖什么的。
-Emma: What?
什么?
-Fletch: You should hit her up.
hit up: 请求
你该联系她。
-Emma: You have to know your "date" date to send out your save-the-dates.
你必须定下日子才能发日期通知贴。
We were both gonna wait and she…she…
我们本都该等着,她却……
I ca…I can't believe it.
我简直无法相信。
-Fletch: You can't believe this? Really? It's Liv.
你无法相信?真的?那可是Liv。
She's always thinking about number one.
她总把自己放在第一位。
-Emma: No. Not this time. No. No, no, no, no, no.
不,这次不行,不,不行,不行。
I am a bride too. Okay?
我也是新娘,好吗?
I'm number one too.
我也是第一位。
-Fletch: I…You are my number one. I know. That's how I feel.
我,你是我的第一位,我明白,这就是我的想法。
Bug, what are you doing?
虫虫,你在干什么?
-Emma: Subjec.
主题。
-Fletch: Listen. Listen. No, no, no, no, no.
听着,听着,不,不要。
-Emma: Emergency. This is not spam.
emergency: 紧急情况 spam: 电子垃圾
紧急情况,这不是封垃圾邮件。
I'm getting married, June 6.
我将在6月6号举行婚礼。
-Fletch: You don't have to slam on the keys.
slam: 猛击 keys: 键盘
你用不着那么大劲敲键盘。
-Emma: The Plaza Hotel. Be there. X-O-X-O-X-O-X-O. Emma.
在广场酒店,请务必到场,亲亲抱抱,Emma。
Address book. B.C.C. everyone.
B.C.C.: blind carbon copy 信件或文件的复写本或副本
通讯录,抄送所有人。
Oops. Not you, Liv.
噢。除了你,Liv。
And send.
发送。
-Friend A: Emergen-C-C-C. "Thys' is "nit' spam.
紧急急急,这不是垃圾邮件。
I'm get married. June 6th.
我将在6月6号举行婚礼。
-Friend B: K.j.A.? "Kuh-jaw"? Emma.
K.j.A.?“Kuh-jaw”? Emma。
What is "kuh-jaw, Emma"?
KJA,,Emma是什么意思?
-Friend C: Great. Emma's wedding's gonna be better than ours was.
太好了,Emma的婚礼会比我们的好。
Glen, maybe her marriage will be better too.
Glen,也许她的婚姻也会更好。
Not filled with loneliness and sadness.
不会充满了孤独与悲哀。
-Friend A: I hope you can appreciate the positions Amie and I are in.
appreciate: 充分意识到 position: 位置;状态
希望你能考虑到我和Amie的立场,
We're not taking sides.
我们不想偏袒哪方。
-Liv: Relax. We're not making any plans until we figure this out.
放松,在想出解决办法前,我们不会做任何计划的。
-Friend A: You're so cool about it.
你还真是冷静啊。
-Friend B: Yeah.
是啊。
-Liv: How else am I gonna be?
不然我还能怎么样?
-Friend B: I mean…Without taking sides though, I have to say...
不是偏袒谁,但是我必须得说……
Emma's save-the-date e-mail was a smidge tacky.
smidge: 一点的 tacky低级趣味的
Emma的日期通知邮件也简短得有点傻了吧。
I mean, "June 6 at the Plaza," smiley face?
就一句 "6月6号在广场酒店" 外加一个笑脸?
What's next, hearts over her is?
下次会是什么,桃心眼睛?
-Friend A: Come on, really. What was she thinking?
她是怎么想的啊?
-Liv: I know, right?
我知道,是吧?
-Friend B: That was so tacky.
太傻了。
-Liv: It's shocking. .
晴天霹雳。
-Emma: Hi. Hi, Heidi
嗨,嗨,Heidi。
Oh, Elizabeth, I love my ring.
噢,Elizabeth,我爱死我的戒指了。
-Heidi: Oh, my gosh
我的天。
-Liv: Emma? You sent out your save-the-dates?
Emma,你已经发了日期通知帖了?
-Emma: Yeah, I did, actually.
是啊,我确实发了。
Surprised?
很吃惊吧?
-Liv: So one of us... is not moving her date?
那么我们中的某个人是不打算改日子了?
-Emma: Well, you amaze me, Liv. You really do.
amaze: 使吃惊
你让我吃惊,Liv,真的。
You…You never ask me what I want.
你从不问我想要什么。
You just figure you know best, end of story.
你总自以自己的想法是对的就行了。
Emma, wear this. Emma, say that.
Emma 穿这个,Emma,那么说。
Well, Emma's pretty frickin' tired of it.
frickin: 简直是
Emma已经受够了。
Don't think I didn't notice how totally freaked out...
freak out: 吓坏了
不要以为我没注意到你有多么愤怒。
you were because I had the nerve to get engaged before you did.
nerve: 勇气,精神
就因为我胆敢比你先订婚。
-Liv: Okay, wait. First of all, Daniel bought that ring in December.
好了,给我等等,首先,Daniel 12月就买了戒指了。
Okay? So officially, I was first.
officially: 正式地,官方地
好吗?所以这么算,我在先。
-Emma: Oh, pathetic. Pathetic!
pathetic: 可怜的
噢,可悲,可悲!
-Liv: Second, people always make you do things you don't wanna do.
第二,总有人让你做你不喜欢的事。
Emma, it's like you don't have a spine. Oh, wait. That's right.
spine: 脊柱
Emma,就好像你是个软骨头。等等,对了。
You don't have a spine.
你就是个软骨头。
-Emma: No one could accuse you of being soft, Liv.
accuse: 责备
是没人能说你软弱,Liv。
You grabbed the first date in June Marion offered without even asking me first.
grab: 抢去 offer: 提供
你上来就抢了Marion给出的6月的头个空缺,都没先问问我。
-Liv: At least I'm not so terrified of being alone... that I people…please my way through life.
至少我没有因为惧怕落单而一辈子都只知道讨人欢心。
Emma, you settle.
settle: 安定下来
Emma,你总是将就。
-Emma: Are you saying that I'm settling with Fletcher?
你的意思说我找Fletcher是将就?
-Liv: I wasn't thinking about Fletcher.
我指的可不是Fletcher。
You came up with that one on your own.
came up with: 提出,想出
这可是你自己说的。
-Emma: Move your date, Liv.
改日子,Liv。
-Liv: You move your date, Emma.
你改日子吧,Emma。
-Emma: It's done. You lose.
已成定局了,你输了。
-Liv: Your wedding better watch it.
你的婚礼最好小心点。
-Emma: What did you just say?
你说什么?
-Liv: I said your wedding should be very scared right now.
scared: 害怕的
我说你的婚礼现在应该感到害怕了。
If I were your wedding, I'd sleep with one eye open.
如果我是你的婚礼我睡觉都不敢闭上眼睛。
-Emma: Why don't you just save your threats for Daniel?
threat: 威胁
你干嘛不留着你的威胁给Daniel听?
After all, isn't that how you got a proposal out of him?
proposal: 求婚,建议,提议
你不就是这样才让他求的婚?
-Friend C: That's how I did it.
我就是这么搞定的。
-Liv: Your wedding can suck it.
suck: <俚>糟糕,太烂了
操你的婚礼。
-Emma: What did you just say? My wedding can suck it?
你说什么?操我的婚礼?
-Liv: I said your wedding can suck it.
我说操你的婚礼。
-Emma: Your wedding can s…be…
你的婚礼会……
I mean, yours can be, um…
我要说,你的会……
Can…Can be, uh…
会……会是……
not that…
不是这个……
-Liv: Please.
拜托。
Bye, ladies.
再见,女士们。
-Emma: Hey, Liv.
嘿,Liv。
-Liv: Yes.
什么?
-Emma: Your wedding will be huge.
huge: 巨型的
你的婚礼会是个巨型的。
Just like your ass at prom.
ass: 屁股 prom: [美国口语](中学生或大学生学年结束时举行的)班级舞会
就跟毕业舞会时你的屁股似的。
-Liv: We're done.
我们玩完了。
[Subtitles]
5.00, Saturday, June 6.
6月6号,周六,5点。
-Emma: Done.
定好了。
-Liv: Done.
好了。
-Marion: Good.
很好。
Now we just have to find you another maid of honor, uh, and fast.
现在我们只要尽快给你重找一个伴娘就行了。
You'll be spending more time with her than with the groom.
你和她呆在一起的时间会比跟新郎的都长。
-Liv: My friends won't take sides.
我的朋友不想偏袒任何一方。
-Marion: Who says it has to be a friend?
谁说必须是朋友了?
-Liv: No! No! Not just a bridesmaid.
bridesmaid: 伴娘
不,不,不,不是女傧相。
-Worker: This spot okay?
spot: 地点
这位置行吗?
-Liv: Yeah. Maid of honor. Maid of honor.
是的,是伴娘,伴娘。
Yeah. We were so close in law school.
是啊,我们在法学院的时候那么要好。
-Emma: That study group was nuts.
nuts: [美国俚语]狂热的,忙乱的
那个兴趣组真是太傻了。
Oh, sweetie, you are my second cousin's best friend.
cousin: 堂(或表)兄弟(姐妹)
噢,甜心,你是我二堂姐最好的朋友。
Of course you were at the very top of my maid of honor list.
你当然是我伴娘的首选。
Honestly, Carla? Caitlin?
honestly: 真诚地,坦率地
真的,Carla?Caitlin?
-Liv: Erin, no. I did not sleep with him.
Erin,不,我没跟他上过床。
All right, okay. I did, actually.
好吧,我是跟他睡过。
Once. Twice.
一次,就两次。
What difference does it make? He was a loser, and he was lousy in…
lousy: 差劲的
这有什么影响?他是个废物,很差。
You did? Really? I didn't hear that.
是吗?真的?我没听说。
Two kids? Wow. You guys must have had really cute kids.
生了两个孩子?你们的孩子肯定很可爱。
Uh, yeah. Tell him I say hi, and…
是啊,替我跟他问好。
Actually, I'm hopping into a cab, so I'm gonna give you a call a little later.
hop into: 跳上
我正上出租呢,回头再给你打电话。
Kevin?
Kevin?
-Kevin: Yeah?
什么?
-Liv: I'd like to promote you.
promote: 升职
我想给你升职。
To mister of honor.
mister: [口语]称…为先生
升成男伴娘。
-Kevin: Do I get… Is…Is it, like, a pay thing?
我有,这,这,给钱的吗?
-Liv: No. just- It's just an honor.
不,就是种荣誉。
-Deb: Uh, have a classmate read your draft. I think that's a great idea.
classmate: 同班同学 draft: 草稿
让你的同学读读你的稿子,我觉得这主意很好,
Because by letting a classmate read your draft.
因为通过让同学读你的稿子。
Oh, thank God. All right. You guys finish the rest of this.
感谢上帝,好了,你们把剩下的完成了。
Just read it yourselves.
自己读就行。
Did you get my note?
你看到我留的条了吗?
-Emma: Yeah.
是的。
-Deb: Can you take my late bus patrol today?
patrol: 巡视,巡查
你今天能帮我做晚班车的巡视吗?
-Emma: Sure. Deb?
当然!Deb?
-Deb: Yeah? Yeah?
什么?什么?
-Emma: I know we're not exactly friends…
我知道我们算不上朋友……
-Deb: We're not?
不算吗?
Then why am I always doing you favors?
do sb favor: 帮助某人
那我为什么老要帮你的忙?
-Emma: You never do me…
你从来没……
Never mind.
没什么。
How'd you like to be my maid of honor?
maid of honor: 女傧相
你愿意当我的伴娘吗?
-Deb: Do I get to pick out my own dress?
pick out: 挑选出
我能自己选礼服吗?
I tend to draw the eye, so it's gotta be good.
tend to:有……的倾向 draw: 吸引 gotta: <美俚> =have got to
我想引入注意,所以衣服必须好。
-Emma:Absolutely.
absolutely: 当然,绝对地
当然。
I mean, you know, I might make some suggestions, but…
suggestion: 建议
也许我会给些建议,但是……
-Deb: Oh, you know, I'm really swamped though. I'd need a lot of help.
swamp: 忙得不可开交
但是我现在事真的很多很需要帮忙。
-Emma: What do you think the bride is for?
bride: 新娘
你以为新娘是干什么用的?
To make the maid of honor's life easier, right?
就是为了让伴娘更轻松的,对吗?
I mean, come on. Please.
好吧,拜托了。
-Deb:Aw. All right. Since you begged…
beg: 请求
好吧,既然你都求我了。
-Emma:Okay.
好的。
-Deb:I'll be your maid of honor.
我会给你当伴娘的。
-Emma: It's gonna be great.
会很棒的。
It's gonna be great.
会很棒的。
-Deb: Hey, can I make a suggestion?
我能提个建议吗?
Have you ever heard of "pee-not gree-gio''?
你们听说过“皮诺基欧”吗?
It's this really nice white wine.
是种很好的白葡萄酒。
It's very elegant.
elegant: 优雅的,讲究的
非常有品位。
-Marion:Now, your music is…
你的乐队……
-Emma:Yes.
是的。
-Marion: Still pending, and, sadly, D.J. Humble is no longer available on that date.
pending: 未决定的 available: 可用的,有效的
还没定下来,很遗憾D.J. Humble那天没空。
-Emma:Oh? But he and I had a deal… in principle.
in principle: 原则上
但是他跟我说好了啊……算是吧。
-Marion: Yes, well, one of my other brides outbid you.
bride: 新娘 outbid: 出价多于(他人)
我这的另一个新娘开了更高的价。
I can't give you her name, of course.
当然,我不能告诉你她的名字。
-Deb:That bitch!
那个贱人。
Not you.
不是你。
No, a different one.
不,是另一个。
A person.
一个人。
God, she's scary.
scary: 可怕的
天,她真可怕。
-Emma:You don't think that Liv…
你不是觉得Liv……
-Deb:Yeah, I do.
是,我是那么想的。
-Emma: No. No. She knew how much that meant to me.
不,不,她知道那对我意味着什么。
It's too cruel. It's too mean-spirited.
mean-spirited: 卑鄙的,自私的 mean: 卑鄙,自私 spirited: 精力充沛的
这太残忍了,她真是刻薄。
-Deb:Too in character?
太符合她的性格了。
Hang on. Wait.
hang on: 等等
等等。
Didn't you tell me she's wearing a Vera Wang?
Vera Wang:著名华裔设计师
你是不是跟我说过她的婚纱是Vera Wang的?
-Emma: Yes.
是的。
-Deb: I read those run really tight...
我听说那牌子的很紧身。
and she's kind of an ex-heifer.
heifer: 小母牛
而她曾经胖得跟牛似的。
-Emma: No. No, she's…
不,不,她……
She's… Little bit.
她是有点。
-Liv:That is good. Excellent.
太好吃了,非常棒。
-Marion:Is that like cream cheese?
cream cheese: 奶油奶酪
这是奶油奶酪吗?
-Liv: It is cream cheese.
就是奶油奶酪。
Like a hint.
真是润滑。
Has Emma chosen her cake yet?
Emma选了蛋糕了吗?
-Marion: Let's keep to our own work, shall we?
keep to: 坚持,保持
还是关心我们的事吧,好吗?
Now, as for the flowers, Eufloria has put in a bid.
put in: 提出 bid: 出价
选花吧,Eufloria开了个价。
-Liv: We just can't have the same cake, that's all.
我们的蛋糕不能一样。
And I have to have the seven-tiered, white chocolate-curl torte,
tiered: 层列式 curl: 弯曲 torte: 德国大蛋糕
我的蛋糕必须是七层的,白巧克力花边的德国奶油蛋糕。
enrobed in marzipan with edible pearls and flourishes.
enrobed:穿 marzipan: 杏仁蛋白软糖 edible: 可食用的 pearl: 珍珠 flourishes: 装饰
用杏仁碎和可食用珍珠点缀。
-Marion: Well, you're safe.
那你放心。
Emma has chosen a less extravagant cake.
extravagant: 奢侈的,浪费的
Emma选的蛋糕可没这么奢华。
And she's always saying that she doesn't need to impress people with how much she can spend.
impress: 使……有印象
她总是说她不需要通过大手大脚花钱来让人印象深刻。
I'm just going to check my ice sculptor Rolodex.
check: 核对 sculptor: 雕刻家
我跟我的冰雕师Rolodex确认一下。
-Liv:Right.
好的。
Oh, my God.
我的天。
That was a dig at me.
dig at sb: 挖苦某人
她这是在中伤我。
Emma thinks I'm showing off?
show off: 炫耀
Emma觉得我是在炫富?
I never thought she resented how much money I made, but I guess I was wrong.
resent: 愤恨,憎恶,怨恨
我从没想过我挣钱多让她不爽了,看来我是错了。
-Kevin: Really? I didn't get that from what she…
真的?我可没看出来她……
-Liv: Marion's eating it up.
eat up: 盲目相信
Marion相信她说的。
She likes Emma best.
她更喜欢Emma。
Emma always gets the sympathy vote.
sympathy vote: 同情票 sympathy: 同情 vote: 投票
Emma总能获得同情票。
I never get the sympathy vote, do I?
我从来都不会得到同情票,不是吗?
- Kevin:Well, maybe it's asking a little bit too much of people…
也许这么要求人有点太过分……
-Liv:I was worried about her cake.
我还担心她的蛋糕。
It could be two Ding-Dongs and a Yodel for all I care.
Yodel: 岳得尔歌【巧克力奶油蛋糕】[a chocolate twinkie—from City Dictionary]
搞不好就是两块蜂蜜蛋糕加一个巧克力派。
What's that?What's that?
那是什么?那是什么?
- Kevin: Don't…
别……
-Liv:Dance lessons?
舞蹈课?
Damn, she's competitive.
competitive: 竞争的,有竞争性的
该死,她还真是争强好胜。
Their dance is totally gonna be better than ours.
他们舞跳得肯定会比我们好。
Let me see Canary Song again. Dandelion. Canary.
canary: 金丝雀 dandelion: 蒲公英
再让我看看金丝雀黄,蒲公英黄,金丝雀黄。
Isn't there something in between?
就没有介于两者之间的颜色吗?
-Kevin:Sort of like a burnt Canary.
sort of: 某种程度上地,有几分地
像是深金丝雀黄?
-Liv:Video montage of their lives?
montage: 剪辑
他们成长过程的视频剪辑?
Really?
是吗?
It's gotta be Fletcher's idea.
这肯定是Fletcher的主意。
That's just…
那只是……
It's gonna be, like, pictures of them as babies.
肯定会有他们小时候的照片。
You know, Emma with one tooth...
只有一颗牙的Emma……
and Fletcher in his little superhero outfits. It's tacky.
outfits: 衣服 tacky: 俗气的
穿着超人服的Fletcher,太俗了。
-Kevin: Can I help you?
有什么事?
-Delivery Guy:Yeah.
是。
Delivery for Liv Lerner.
delivery: 递送
Liv Lerner的快递。
-Liv: That's chocolate.
是巧克力。
I'll take that.
我收下了。
Mmm. Looks good.
看起来不错。
Liv, you deserve this and more.
deserve: 应该获得
Liv这是你应得的。
Isn't Daniel the sweetest?
Daniel真是太体贴了。
I'll just have one.
我就吃一颗。
- Kevin: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Liv: Just one.
就一颗。
-Emma: W-Was she up there?
她在上面吗?
-Delivery Guy:Yeah.
是的。
-Emma:Oh. And it's impossible to go get them back?
没办法拿回来了?
-Delivery Guy: No, no, no, no.
不,不,不行。
She ate half the box already, lady. Forty-five dollars.
她已经吃了半盒了,女士。 45块。
-Emma: Yes. Okay.
好的。
That is the agreed upon.
agreed upon: 商定,同意
这是事先说好的。
But just so you know…
但是你要知道……
if you heard what was actually going on, you would totally side with me.
side with: 支持,站在……一边
要是你知道是怎么回事,你觉得会站在我这边的。
-Delivery Guy: You gonna tip me?
tip: 给小费
你不给小费?
-Emma: I thought that was including tip...
我以为已经包括小费了……
but anyway, I'll give it to you because I'm the Paula.
anyway: 不管怎样
但我还是会再给小费,因为我是Paula。
-Kevin: You know, I've been thinking.
我想了很久。
If you really want to mess with Emma's first dance…
mess with: 搞糟
如果你真想搞砸Emma的第一支舞……
There are ways.
也不是没有办法。
-Liv: Tell me more.
继续说。
-Fletcher:I don't know, baby.
我不知道,宝贝。
Dance class?
舞蹈课?
Come on. We know how to dance.
得了,我们会跳舞。
It's a slow dance.
就是只慢舞。
It's like we did in college.
我们在大学时跳的那种。
-Emma:It's a waltz.
waltz: 华尔兹
那是华尔兹。
It's a little more precise than just holding each other up.
precise: 精确的,准确的
不是牵个手就行了的。
And besides, Marion says that our first dance introduces our couple style to the world.
couple: 夫妇
而且Marion说第一支舞也向大家展示了我们的夫妻风格。
-Fletcher: Oh, well, naturally...
自然。
I'm incredibly concerned with our couple style.
incredibly: 难以置信地 concern with: 在乎,关心
我是很在乎我们的夫妻风格的。
-Ricky Coo: Space
空间。
I am Ricky Coo... the Doctor of Dance.
我是Ricky Coo……舞蹈博士。
I bring you motion.
我教你们动作。
I bring you rhythm.
rhythm: 节奏,韵律
教你们旋律。
I bring you sex.
还教你们性感。
Please, get on your feet, and let's dance
请准备好,我们跳舞吧。
Y'all ready for this?
你们准备好了吗?
Dance.
跳起来。
Dance.
跳起来。
Dance.
跳起来。
-Emma: Maybe Marion shouldn't be recommending Ricky Coo, Doctor of Dance so much.
reconmmend: 推荐
也许Marion不该这么大力推荐舞蹈博士Ricky Coo。
-Fletcher: Yeah. I don't know about Ricky.
是啊,我不看好Ricky。
-Dance Instructor: Good for you. Doing warm-ups.
warm up: 作准备活动
很好,你们做热身了。
Yeah, I got your voice mail saying you wanted to push the lesson from 1 .00 to 4.00.
我听到你们的语音留言了说想把课从1点推迟到4点。
How long have you been here?
你们来了多久了?
-Emma: Oh, my God.
我的天。
-Fletcher: What?
什么?
-Emma: Liv.
是Liv。
Uh, just give us a second.
请给我们几分钟。
-Fletcher: I mean, who does that?
谁会干出这种事?
She's finally gone completely crazy. Not that I'm surprised at all.
她现在是彻底疯了,不过我也不觉得惊讶就是了。
I mean, she's always been nuts.
be nuts: 疯疯癫癫的
她一直疯疯癫癫的。
-Emma: I know. And messing with our couple style?
我知道,给我们的夫妻风格捣乱?
There is no way I'm letting her get away with that.
get away with: 侥幸逃过
这次我绝不会放过她。
-Fletcher: Good.
很好。
You know who I feel sorry for is Daniel.
我真为Daniel感到遗憾。
He's not even gonna be able to control his own wife.
他以后连自己的生活都不能掌控了。
-Emma: What?
什么?
-Fletcher: No, I'm just saying… It's Liv. Because she never thinks about…
我是说,那可是Liv,她从不考虑……
-Emma: And?
所以?
-Fletcher: I'm going inside.
我要进去了。
-Emma: What?
什么嘛?
-Marion: The final month before the big day is a litmus test for couples
litmus test: 决定性的考验 litmus: 石蕊
婚礼前的最后一个月最能考验新人。
of how they work together, solve problems, communicate.
考验他们的合作能力,解决问题,沟通的能力。
The early, happy glow is over, and the nerves begin to set in.
glow: 热情 set in: 开始,来临
初期的甜蜜过去了,紧张开始进驻。
With some couples, it brings out the fundamental conflicts in their relationship.
fundamental: 基本的,根本的 conflict: 矛盾,冲突
对某些新人来说,这会引发他们交往中最本质的矛盾。
With other couples, the lucky ones.
对另外的新人,幸运的那些,
It highlights the essential harmony of their partnership.
highlight: 强调 essential: 必要的,重要的,本质的 harmony: 和谐 partnership: 合伙关系
这反而彰显出他们关系的和谐。
Of course, even the luckiest bride needs something to take the edge off.
take sth off: 使某物减弱 edge: 趋势
当然,即使是最幸运的新娘也需要点东西来缓解紧张。
-Liv: Ooh, for me! A jolly Walrus cookie bouquet. Is Daniel a keeper or what?
jolly: 愉快的 bouquet: 花束
给我的,欢乐曲奇饼干篮,Daniel真是个饲养员。
-Kevin: I'd just be careful. Miss Wang is a stern mistress.
stern: 严格的 mistress: 女能人,女强人
要我的话可会小心点,王小姐可是很严格的。
-Liv: Video montage… If there's gonna be live pictures and, like, video footage…
footage: 片断
视频剪辑,就是图片幻灯,录像带什么的……
-Kevin: I know. It's, like, verging on being a digital short.
verge on: 趋向,接近 digital: 数字的
我知道,像是视频短片那种。
-Liv: I don't know how they're gonna cut me out of the footage.
footage: 影片镜头
我不知道他们打算怎么把我切出去。
I'm in everything.
每张上都有我。
-Kevin: Oh, this came for you via messenger.
via: 经由 messenger: 邮差
这是邮差送来给你的。
-Liv: I can't wait to get into this one.
我都等不及吃这个了。
-Kevin: Mr. Simmons called again asking for the update on the agreement.
update: 更新
Mr. Simmons又打电话来要合同的更新了。
-Liv: Rutherford Press? That's my hometown.
press: 快报
Rutherford快报?那是我老家。
-Kevin: I'm just gonna take this.
我把这个拿走。
Suppose I should just tell them you're dealing with a crisis?
deal with: 处理 crisis: 危机
我该告诉他们你在处理麻烦?
-Liv: Oh, my God.
我的天。
They still print engagement announcements.
print:印制 engagement: 婚约 announcement: 告示
他们还在刊登订婚启事啊。
I'm sort of like a celebrity back there, probably.
celebrity:名人
也许我在老家也算是名人。
You know, it's like, local girl makes good. Such sweet people.
像是赚大钱的本地女孩,真是可爱的人。
What the?
什么?
-Kevin: That's not you. Is it?
那不是你,是吗?
Emma looks gorgeous.
gorgeous: 华丽的
Emma看起来真漂亮。
But not on the inside, which is…
但她的心灵不美。
-Liv: Kevin.
Kevin。
It's the best she can do, huh?
她就能做到这样了?
So lame. She wants to play dirty? I can play dirty.
lame: 差劲的
真差劲,她想玩阴的?我也可以。
-kevin: You can play dirty. I've seen you do it.
dirty: 肮脏的
你会玩阴的,我见你玩过。
-Liv: I went to law school, people.
我念的可是法学院。
-Woman: I'm starting to think that 30 is the cutoff.
cutoff: 中断
我开始觉得30岁是分水岭。
Because it's the last time men want to date women their age.
因为那是男人们还愿跟同龄女性约会的最大年纪。
A 30-year-old guy will date a 30-year-old girl.
30岁的男人会跟30岁的女人约会。
But a 35-year-old guy wants someone 30.
但是35岁的男人还是会找30的。
A 40-year-old guy wants someone 30, too, or 28.
40岁的男人也想找30的或是28的。
It's a terrible planet.
这真是个糟糕的星球。
-Liv: I know. You know what I was wondering?
我知道。你知道我在想什么吗?
What are the real reasons behind Emma and Fletcher having to tie the knot?
tie the knot:: 结婚 knot: 打结
Emma和Fletcher结婚背后真正的原因是什么?
Why can't they change their date? Think about it.
为什么他们不能改日子?想想吧。
-Woman: She's pregnant! Emma's pregnant!
pregnant: 怀孕
她怀孕了!艾玛怀孕了!
-Liv: Oh, no.
噢,不。
Oh, no!
噢,不!
-Daniel: Liv?
Liv?
Are you all right? What the hell is going on?
你还好吧?到底出什么事了?
Look, let me in
让我进去。
-Liv: I gained five pounds. Five pounds. It might as well be 50!
我重了5磅,5磅。就这样到了50。
The dress doesn't fit! And if the dress doesn't fit...
婚纱不合身了!如果婚纱不合身……
My wedding's gonna be a big black hole in the history of the Plaza!
The Plaza: 广场大酒店
我的婚礼会成为广场酒店史上最大的笑话。
-Daniel:Well, "A" it's our wedding, hon.
首先,是我们的婚礼,宝贝。
And "B"... so what? Let it out.
其次,那又怎么样? 改改。
-Liv: You don't alter Vera Wang to fit you.
alter: 改变
你不能调整Vera Wang来适应你。
You alter yourself to fit Vera.
你得调整自己去适应Vera Wang。
What do boys learn in school?
你们男人在学校都学什么了啊?
-Daniel: Sorry.
对不起。
It's not the end of the world.
又不是世界末日。
Really. What-What-What can I do to make you feel better?
真的,我做什么能让你感觉好点?
-Liv: It's what you can stop doing. This is all your fault.
是你可以不再做什么,都是你的错。
It's sweet of you to send me those treats, but I…
treat: 款待
你很贴心,送我那些糖果,但我……
-Daniel: What treats?
什么糖果?
-Liv: You know, the treats. The Truffle-opolis.
truffle: 松露
就那些糖啊,松露巧克力。
The truffle tray.
tray: 浅塑料盒
整盒的。
The jolly Walrus cookie bouquet?
bouquet: 花束,酒香
欢乐曲奇饼干篮?
International Butter Club?
国际黄油俱乐部?
-Daniel: The… Honey… I didn't send you any of that.
宝贝,我没送过你这些。
-Liv: Oh, my God, Emma!
我的天,Emma!
She's trying to make me fat so I can't fit into my dress!
她想让我变胖,然后就穿不下婚纱了。
What is that? What is that?
这算什么?这算什么?
-Daniel: The International Butter Club?
国际黄油俱乐部?
You mean, you've actually been sitting around eating sticks of butter from different lands?
你真闲坐着狂吃各国黄油了?
-Marion: The final week before the wedding is do-or-die.
do-or-die: 生死关头的,决一死战的
婚礼前的一周是背水一战的时候。
I expect my brides to be flawless.
flawless:无暇的,完美的
我希望我的新娘们都完美无暇。
Perfect hair, skin, nails, everything.
nail: 指甲
完美的发型,皮肤,美甲,一切都是。
-Liv: Hello there. I need to get to the back really fast.
你好,我需要进去一小会。
Really, really fast, because I left something there yesterday.
真的,真的就一会,我昨天掉了点东西在这。
It's very important that I…
非常重要,我……
-Receptionist:I so don't care.
我完全不在乎。
Go on back.
进去吧。
-Clerk: Miss Allan.
Miss Allan。
-Emma: Oh, hi.
嗨。
-Clerk: Hi. Bit of Honey today? That's the one I loaded.
嗨。今天来点蜜色?我加的就是那种。
-Emma: Yes, but, uh, just a pre-wedding glow.
glow: 兴高采烈,色彩鲜艳
好的,但要带点婚前的神采奕奕。
-Clerk: Sure thing.
没问题。
-Emma: Okay, thanks.
好的,谢谢。
[Music]
“I wish you well”
“祝你健康。”
“I hope you survive”
survive: 生存,生还
“希望你能挺住。”
“I hope you live on, baby.”
“我希望你能活下去,宝贝。”
“So I can watch you cry.”
“这样我就能看到你哭泣。”
“'Cause I know in time you'll see.”
因为我知道你终会明白。
“What you did to me.”
“你对我做了什么。”
“And you'll come running back.”
“到时你就会跑着回来。”
“I'm gonna rain on your parade.”
rain on your parade: 游行时下雨,扫兴 parade: 游行,行进
“我会给你来场雨。”
“Oh, I won't take it again.”
“这次我决不罢休。”
“And I'll keep raining, raining, raining.”
“我会让雨一直下,一直下。”
“Over you.”
“淋湿你。”
-Deb: What happened to you? You look like a traffic cone.
cone: 锥形交通路标
你出什么事了?看起来跟交通路锥似的。
Will it fade?
颜色会褪吗?
-Emma: Sort of. This is three loofahs.
sort of: 一定程度上的 loofah: 丝瓜络,一种沐浴用品
会吧,这可是喷了三层的。
Is it that bad? Fletch said he didn't think it was that bad.
有那么糟吗?Fletch说他不觉得很糟糕。
-Deb: Oh, well, honey, "Filch" is your fiance.
fiance: 未婚夫
宝贝"Filch"是你的未婚夫。
He probably told you you had nice hair too.
他说不定还说你头发好看呢。
-Liv: This wedding stuff is not a walk in the park.
stuff: 材料,东西
办婚礼可不像在公园散步。
-Hair Stylist: For sure.
当然。
-Liv: I'm surprised. I don't know.
我很惊讶,我不知道。
I'm surprised I haven't been, you know, sent into my therapist's office.
therapist: 心理医生
我很惊讶我还没去看过心理医生。
-Hair Stylist: That's what I've heard. T-U-F-F.
tuff: 痛苦的,一流的 [used to describe an extremity of extreme awesomeness —fromUrban Dictionary]
我也是这么听说的,很痛苦。
-Liv: You should have heard me on the phone the other day talking to the guy who messed up my centerpieces.
centerpiece: 放在餐桌中央的装饰品
你也许那天听到我打电话了跟那个搞砸了我的餐桌装饰的人。
-Hair Stylist: Oh, gosh.
天啊。
-Liv: It was unbelievable. It's like one thing after another, every single time.
真是难以置信,一波未平,一波又起。
-Hair Stylist: It snowballs.
就像滚雪球。
-Liv: Listen, can I get a little bit more lowlight?
lowlight: 染发用的暗色
能给我染点暗色吗?
-Hair Stylist: Yeah, especially right here.
行,特别是这。
Hold that thought, sweetie. I'm gonna get your color.
稍等片刻,我去给你拿染发剂。
-Liv: Just make sure it's not so…Like, more gold base.
base: 基底
要保证不要太……要金色基调的。
[Music]
“I'm gonna rain on your parade”
“我要给你来场雨。”
“No, I won't take it again”
“不,这次我决不罢休。”
“And I'll keep raining, raining, raining over you”
“我会让雨一直下,一直下,淋湿你。”
-Liv: Maybe I should take up chanting.
take up: 开始从事 chanting: 唱经
也许我该去唱经。
I think it's kind of…might be necessary at this time of my life.
我觉得到了我这个年纪有那个必要了。
-Hair Stylist:Oh, my God!
哦,我的天。
-Liv: Oh, my God. Is it good?
我的天,是很好?
Great!
太棒了!
I get to do noth…
我什么也……
-Hair Stylist: Okay. I…I don't know what happened. Um…
我不知道是怎么回事。
I gotta let it sit for a day or two.
我让它保持一天。
Maybe I'll try to strip it down to white.
strip: 剥去,脱去
然后也许给漂成白色。
-Liv: My hair's blue!
我的头发蓝了!
It's blue! I have blue hair!
蓝了!我的头发是蓝的!
I'm getting married in a week.
我一周后就结婚了。
-Hair Stylist: Congratulations.
恭喜。
-Liv: In a week! A week!
一周后!一周!
Come on. I know you're in here.
出来吧,我知道你在这。
Ah, here's your video montage.
你的视频剪辑。
Oh, yeah.
很好。
Absolutely.
绝对的。
-Emma: Fletch?
Fletch?
-Fletch: Bug? Do you have something you need to tell me?
bug: 小虫,臭虫
虫虫?你是不是有什么要跟我交代的?
Are we about to have a little orange baby?
about to: 即将
我们是不是会有个橙色的小宝宝?
Apparently we're registered at Babies "R" Us.
register: 注册,登记
显然我们已经在“宝宝就是我们”注册了。
Isn't that nice?
很不错对吧?
-Emma: Marissa. Where are you? I can barely hear you.
Marissa,你在哪?我听不清。
-Bachelorette: I can't believe you told Emma.
真不敢相信,你竟然告诉Emma了。
Whatever.
管他呢。
You guys, don't get too attached to the dancers.
可别对那些跳舞的产生感情。
They're paid to be nice to you.
他们对你们好都是为了钱。
-Hot Girl: New York and Japan.
纽约,日本。
-Bachelorettes: Hello, bride!
你好,新娘!
-DJ: All right, all right. Now a little birdie has just told me
好了,好了,刚才有只小鸟告诉我。
that we have a bride-to-be in the house tonight.
bride-to-be: 待嫁新娘
今晚我们这有位准新娘。
-Bachelorettes: Over here!
在这!
-DJ: But she has been a very bad bride.
但是她可是个不乖的新娘。
Officer” Not-Your-Husband “is here to arrest you.
arrest:逮捕
“不是你老公”警官要来逮捕你了。
-Additional Voice: I'm a model, You know what I mean
我是个模特,你知道我什么意思。
And I do my little turn on the catwalk.
catwalk: T台
我在T台上,潇洒转身。
-Officer: You're under arrest for being too sexy.
你被捕了,罪名是太性感。
Time to be frisked.
frisk: 娱乐
欢乐时间到了。
-Bachelorettes: Oh, my goodness!
我的神啊。
-Liv: Great!
太好了!
-Emma: We got two brides in the house tonight!
这今晚有两位新娘!
-DJ: Whoa. Whoa, whoa. Hold up
等等。
We have two brides in the house tonight.
今晚这有两位新娘。
-Liv: Emma, this party is invitation only.
Emma,这派对不欢迎没被邀请的人。
-Emma: I'm getting married too, baby!
get married: 结婚
我也要结婚了,宝贝!
-DJ: Well, I'll invite you right up there.
我要请你上来。
DJ Jazzes invites bride number two up on stage.
DJ Jazzes邀请2号新娘上台。
-Emma: Why not?
为什么不呢?
-DJ: Come on up here, girl. We want to see the way you move.
上来吧,姑娘,我们想看看你的舞步。
That's what I'm talking about .Work it out, girl!
这就是我想要的。加油,姑娘。
-Liv: You can't even let me have my own bachelorette party?
bachelorette: 单身女子
你连单身派对都不让我开?
-Emma: Much the way you couldn't let me have DJ Humble. That was low, Liv.
你还不是不让我得到DJ Humble,真是低级,Liv。
By the way, did you hear? I'm not pregnant, okay?
顺便说一句,你听说了吗?我没怀孕,好吗?
-DJ: I say it's time for a dance-off. Dance-off!
我看,斗舞的时间到了。斗舞!
-Bachelorettes: Dance-off! Dance-off! Dance-off! Dance-off!
斗舞!斗舞!斗舞!斗舞!
[Music]
“You say I'm so crazy.”
“你说我如此疯狂。”
“Coming home intoxicated.”
intoxicated: 醉酒的
“醉醺醺地回家。”
“I say I just want to love you.”
“我说我只是想爱你。”
-Bachelorettes: Come on, Liv.
拜托,Liv。
[Music]
“I just wanna love you, baby.”
“我只是爱你,宝贝。”
-Bachelorettes: Aw, come on, Liv.
拜托,Liv。
-DJ: Come on, bride number one.
拜托,1号新娘。
I know y'all can do better than that.
我知道你能跳得更好。
-Bachelorettes: Sprockets!
sprockets: 链齿
机械舞!
-DJ: Break it down .Now the sexiest bride takes first prize.
跳起来吧,最性感的新娘将获得头奖。
Let's see it.
让我们看看。
We gonna get this party started, y'all.
让我们开始狂欢吧。
Show down.
秀起来。
Space!
空间!
Check out bride number two.
check out: 结帐离开,<口>看看
看看2号新娘的。
[Music]:
“They be watching while we wiggle around. Look at them drooling”
wiggle: 摆动 drool: 痴迷地看
“他们看着我们摆动身体,看看他们有多饥渴。”
“They aren't used to this sound. I keep them moving.”
be used to: 习惯
“他们不习惯这声音,我让他们停不下来。”
“All my ladies put your hands in the air. It's all right now.”
“我的姑娘们把手举起了。现在可以了。”
“We gon' keep you up on your feet the whole night now.”
“我们会让你整晚舞不停。”
“Rop them bottles. Yeah, drink that up, man.”
drink up: 喝光。
“给他们拿酒,一口喝光。”
“Got you feeling crazy. Well, that was the plan.”
“让你感觉疯狂,那就是我们的打算。”
“They was waiting for me. Wasn't ready for this.”
“他们在等着我,还没准备好。”
“He got the game sewed up. No, I'm talkin' bout Swiss.”
sew up: 确保……成功 Swiss: 瑞士人
“他创造了这游戏。不,我指的不是瑞士人。”
“Why would you try.”
“你为什么不试试。”
“We got them shaking everything from the hood to Dubai”
“让一切都摇起来,从社区到迪拜。”
-DJ: Bride number two, you are the sexiest bride of the night, baby.
2号新娘,你是今晚最性感的新娘,宝贝。
Give it up for bride number two, y'all
让我们给2号新娘鼓掌。
Sorry, bride number one. Can't win them all, girl.
对不起,1号新娘,你赢不了。
-Liv: It's weird, losing. I gotta say. I'm not loving it.
weird: 奇怪
失败的感觉真奇怪,我可不喜欢。
-Bachelorette A: No, but you were both so good.
是啊,但是你们俩都很棒。
-Bachelorette B: Yeah, you really got up there, and you tried.
是啊,你上台了,也努力了。
-Liv: Forget it. It's my bachelorette party, right?
忘了吧,这是我的单身派对,对吗?
-Bachelorette B: Yes.
是的。
-Bachelorette A: Good girl. Here you go.
好姑娘,给你。
-Liv: It's like you read my mind.
你好像会读心术。
Oh, my God!
我的天!
Oh, my God!
我的天!
Taxi! Taxi.
出租!出租!
Kevin. Kevin. I need coffee.
Kevin, Kevin,我需要咖啡。
Excuse me. I need coffee. I need three Advil.
Advil: 布洛芬
借过,我需要咖啡,三片头疼药。
Yeah. Four waters.
对,四杯水。
Get a splash of that Kahlua next to wherever that paralegal is.
a splash of: 一点,一块 splash: 飞溅 Kahlua: 咖啡酒 paralegal: 律师的专职助手
一点咖啡酒,你得看看谁是那个指定的律师。
Hey, Elana.
嘿,Elana。
-Elana: Good morning.
早上好。
-Liv: You work too hard.I'm gonna treat you to lunch.
你工作很努力,我要请你吃午饭。
-Elana: Okay.
好的。
-Liv: Where are you, Kev?
你在哪?Kev?
Are you in the office?
在办公室吗?
-Kevin: I hear you coming. Liv?
我听到你过来了。Liv?
Liv, blue! Hair!
Liv,蓝色的!头发!
-Liv: Hey, Advil.
嘿,药。
-Kevin: You have blue hair!
你的头发是蓝的!
-Liv: Oh, my God. I totally forgot.
天啊,我完全忘了。
I was supposed to get it dyed back at 7.00.
be supposed to: 应该 dye: 染色
我本该7点去染回来的。
-Kevin: I think it's very… It's gonna be… They're gonna love it.
我觉得这很……会很……他们会喜欢的。
-Liv: I got it. I'm gonna figure it out.
figure out: 解决
我知道了,我会想办法的。
If we could all refer to the briefs I've drawn up.
brief: 简报 refer to: 参考 draw up: 拟定
请大家读读我起草的简报。
I've highlighted a few main points.
highlight: 强调
我标出了几个重点。
Our discovery process in depositions and document requests…
deposition: 证词 document: 文档,文件
我们在证词还有文档请求方面的进展。
maybe you guys could share that one has yielded significant results.
yield: 产生(效果,收益等) significant: 重要的
你们也许会同意这取得了明显的效果。
-Colleague A: W-W-Wait. Okay. I am looking at the brief dated two weeks ago.
brief: 摘要,简报
等等,我看的是两周前的简报。
Where is the latest version?
version: 版本
最新版本在哪?
-Liv: I could have sworn that I updated these.
swear: 发誓
我发誓我修改过了。
Just a second.
稍等片刻。
Goddamn it!
该死!
-Colleague A: Your hair.
你的头发。
Yes, my hair. My hair... is blue!
是的,我的头发,我的头发是蓝色的!
My hair is blue. My wedding's in a week,
我的头发是蓝的。我的婚礼还有一个礼拜了。
and I'm paying my maid of honor.
我还得付钱请伴娘。
Okay? Or rather Mr. Colson is.
or rather: 确切地说
好吗?确切地说是Mr. Colson付的钱。
And, yes, maybe I misplaced the brief.
misplace: 错放
是的,也许我是把简报弄丢了。
And, yes, maybe my best friend in the world forever hates me!
是的,也许我世上最好的朋友会永远恨我!
Hates me!
恨我!
Oh, my God.
我的天。
I'm gonna be a bald bride.
bald: 秃头的
我会成为秃头新娘。
It's so not ideal.
太不完美了。
-Colleague B: This is who's representing us?
represent: 代表
这就是代表我们的人?
-Colleague C: Not anymore. Miss Lerner's off the case. I'm taking over.
take over: 接受,接管
不再是了,Lerner小姐不负责这案子了,我会接手。
-Liv: No, now look, calm down. I'm gonna get it dyed back.
不,听着,冷静,我会染回来的。
-Colleague C: Miss Lerner. You are excused.
excuse: 解除职务,借口
Lerner小姐,没你的事了。
-Liv: I'm not this girl.
这不是我。
I just don't screw up. I just don't get demoted.
screw up: 弄错 demote: 使降职
我不会搞砸,不会被解职。
It's like I don't have anybody. I feel so alone.
感觉没人支持我,我觉得好孤单。
-Daniel: Hey.
嘿。
Babe, I'm right here.
宝贝,我就在这。
You miss your friend, especially now.
你想你的朋友,特别是现在。
She'd know just what to say.
她知道该说什么。
-Liv: I'm mad at her too.
我也生她的气。
She went for the hair. Girlfriends don't do that.
这头发是她弄的。是朋友就不会这么做的。
-Daniel: You'll fix it. And if you can't, I love it.
能补救回来的,就算不能,我也爱它。
I do. You're like this very tall, very hot Smurf.
Smurf: 蓝精灵
真的。你就像个超高,超火辣的蓝精灵。
-Liv: Oh, honey.
甜心。
It's not just about the hair.
不只是头发。
I'm mad because maybe she's right.
我生气是因为也许她说得对。
And it's exhausting having to try to be perfect all the time.
exhausting: 精疲力尽的
要时刻保持完美让人精疲力尽。
That's how I held it together ever since I was a kid.
我从孩子起就是这么过来的。
I figured nothing…nothing bad would happen again if I was just one step ahead of everything and everybody, all the time.
figure: 认为
我以为如果我能总是领先所有人,所有事一步就不会再有坏事发生了。
-Daniel: Life isn't perfect, hon.
生活不是完美的,甜心。
It's messy.
messy: 糟糕的
就是一团糟。
-Liv: You're right.
你是对的。
I mean, I was gonna be perfect for you...
我本打算为了你而完美……
but now that you say it's impossible…Hey.
但既然你都说了是不可能的……
-Daniel: No, you don't. No, you don't have to be perfect.
不,你不用,你不用做最完美的。
I've always wanted a human wife.
我想要的就是个活生生的妻子。
Yeah, the other ones are just...too hard to inflate.
inflate: 使膨胀
其他的都太难伺候了。
-Emma: Hey.
嘿。
-Fletcher:Hey.
嘿。
Almost back to normal, huh?
差不多正常了,哈?
-Emma: I know, right?
我知道,是吧?
I have, like, one layer of skin left, but that should be okay for our wedding.
layer: 单层的
大概还有一层残留,但是举行婚礼应该可以了。
So, oops, sorry, Liv.
oops: 噢,哎呀,表示惊讶
抱歉了,Liv。
I wish I had pictures. You know?
有照片就好了,知道吗?
It's like I was up there, and there's this spotlight, and when I hit that rope…
spotlight: 聚光灯 rope: 绳子
我在台上,打着聚光灯,当我跳上那绳子时……
Oh, my God!
哦,我的天!
-Fletcher: Hey! Enough, enough, enough!
嘿!够了,够了!
I've heard this story 10,000 times, Emma.
这故事我都听了成千上万遍了,Emma。
You've been acting a little wild lately. Okay?
你最近有点太疯狂了,知道吗?
And I'm tired of it. So knock it off.
be tired of: 厌烦 knock it off: 少来这一套
我已经厌烦了。别再这样了。
Lately you've been very mad and tense and excited.
tense: 紧张的
最近你总是怒气冲冲,神经质,还莫名兴奋。
You know what? I just don't know how to deal with this.
你知道吗?我不知道该怎么应对。
And quite frankly, you have me questioning whether or not...
frankly: 老实说 question: 质疑
说老实话,你让我开始怀疑。
this is something about to do with the wedding or if this is permanent.
permanent: 持久的
这只是因为婚礼还是你会长期这样。
-Emma: Um, well, Fletcher, it is kind of permanent. You know?
Fletcher,这算是长期的,知道吗?
It is possible that I might be mad or tense or excited more than once in the next 40 years.
在未来40年里,有可能我会不只一次生气,神经质或者莫名紧张。
-Fletcher:Is it? Really? You know what? You're doing it right now.
是吗?真的?你知道吗?你现在就已经开始了。
-Emma: What?
什么?
-Fletcher: You're being, not, I mean, not bitchy, but…
bitchy: 犯贱的,恶毒的
虽然还算不上下贱,但是……
I said "not bitchy." But you're right there in that neighborhood.
我说的是“算不上下贱”,但是你也快了。
You should have the cab,like, take a U-turn, drop you off at Pleasant and Nice, where we met.
cab: 出租车
你应该叫辆出租,来个大调头,然后再礼貌且善良地下车,我们是在那认识的。
-Emma:Are you upset because of this thing with Liv, or because I'm having feelings?
你不高兴是因为我和Liv的事,还是因为我有情绪?
-Fletcher:Totally.
正是。
-Emma: Because it's kind of hard to read you.
因为要搞清楚你的意思有点难。
-Fletcher:My God! That's totally it. I'm upset because you have feelings. You nailed it.
nail: 揭露
我的天,正是如此,我不高兴是因为你有情绪,你说对了。
-Emma: Okay. So in other words, then don't have so many feelings, but if I do, don't show them.
好吧,那换句话说,我不能有情绪。即使有也不能表现出来。
I shouldn't have so many…
我不能有……
-Fletcher: Oh, God! I can't even talk to you right now!
天啊,我都没法跟你沟通了!
-Emma: You haven't tried yet.
你都没尝试一下。
Do you realize… Do you know how hard this is for me?
你没意识到,你知道这对我最近有多难过?
-Fletcher:I don't even know who you are.
我甚至都不知道你是谁了。
-Emma: You have not even tried to ask me about how I'm feeling.
你都没试图问过我的感受。
I'm so confused.
confused: 困惑,茫然
我自己也茫然失措。
-Fletcher: I don't even know who you are.
我甚至都不知道你是谁了。
All right? I don't want to talk.
行了吗?我不想谈了。
It's a tense time. We're fine. Whatever. I was gonna go to the gym.
现在是非常时期。我们没事。我是打算去健身馆。
Bye.
再见。
[Music]
“The blank pages of my diary.”
“我日记中空白页。”
“That I haven't touched since you left me.”
“至从你走后我就没再触碰。”
-Liv:Emma?
Emma?
[Music]
“The closed blinds in my home.”
blinds: 百叶窗
“我家中紧闭的百叶窗。”
-Liv: Emma! Emma!
Emma! Emma!
[Music]
“See no light of day.”
“没有丝毫光亮。”
“Dust gathers on my stereo.”
“音响上落满灰尘。”
“'Cause I can't bear to hear the radio.”
“因为我不敢打开收音机。”
“The piano sits in a shady space.”
shady: 灰暗的
“钢琴放在灰暗的角落。”
“With a picture of your face.”
“上面放着你的照片。”
“Coffee stains on your favorite book.”
stain: 斑点
“你最爱的书上留着咖啡印。”
-Kevin:Liv Lerner's office.
Liv Lerner办公室。
-Emma: Hey, Kevin. It's Emma. Is Liv there?
嘿,Kevin,我是Emma,Liv在吗?
-Kevin:I'm sorry, can you hold on? Just a minute, I…Sorry.
很抱歉,能稍等一下吗?就一分钟,抱歉。
[Music]
“It’s my worst nightmare. I'm "cubicle-ized."”
cubicle: 寝室,小卧室
“这真是我的噩梦,我被赶到小屋里去了。”
-Kevin: I'm sorry, Liv's dealing with a crisis right now. Can we return?
抱歉,Liv正在处理麻烦,能回头给你回电话吗?
-Emma: Fine. That's…
没关系。那……
Yeah. Okay, I get it. Bye.
是啊,好,我明白了。再见。
-Kevin: Hey!
嘿!
[Music]
“I'm scared to face another day”
“我害怕面对新的一天。”
-Kevin: I'm sorry. Who is this?
对不起。请问你是?
Hello?
你好?
[Music]
“'Cause the fear in me just won't go away.”
“因为我内心的恐惧不会消退。”
“In an instant,you were gone.”
instant: 瞬间,片刻
“转眼之间,你就消失了。”
“And I'm scared.”
“让我恐惧非常。”
-Nathan: Hey!
嘿!
-Emma: Hi!
嗨!
How are you?
你好吗?
-Nathan: Long time, huh?
好久不见了,哈?
-Emma: I know. It's my fault. I've been really busy.
我知道,都是我的错,我最近很忙。
-Nathan: Oh, yeah. Right. Busy.
是啊,很忙。
Nothing to do with the fact that I'm the brother of your archenemy.
archenemy: 主要敌人
不是因为我是你死敌的哥哥。
I mean, best friend.
我是说,好友的哥哥。
Hey! I have to rent a tux.
tux: 男晚礼服
嘿!我要去租礼服。
You're coming with me. Come on.
你跟我一起去吧。来吧。
-Emma: Um, okay.
好吧。
-Nathan: Come on.
来吧。
-Emma: I'm a little surprised.
我有点吃惊。
I would have thought a big magazine writer would have his own tux.
我以为大杂志的作者会有自己的礼服。
-Nathan: How you doing, Em? Hmm? How you feeling?
你最近如何,Em?感觉如何?
-Emma:
