分享到:
启德教育

提示:网站右上角在线笔记本可以保存文字信息(好的单词,短语,句子等等)

看电影学英语 Bedtime Stories 《睡前故事》

 
-Marty Bronson: I'm going to tell you a story now.
现在我要给你们讲一个故事。
But as any good storyteller knows, one must first be sure the audience is prepared.
storyteller: 讲故事的人 audience: 观众,听众 prepared: 准备好的
但任何一个好的讲故事人都知道,必须确保听众都准备好了。
Is everybody comfortably seated? Does anyone need to use the bathroom?
comfortably: 舒服地 seated: 就坐的 bathroom: 洗手间
是不是每个人都坐好了?有没有人要去洗手间?
Oh. You, sir, in the back? Well, hold it in. You ready? Here we go.
hold in: 坚持住
啊,你,那位坐在后排的先生?好吧,憋着。准备好了么,开始啰!
My name is Marty Bronson. I owned and operated the Sunny Vista Motel,
own: 拥有 operate: 操纵,掌握 motel: 汽车旅馆
我叫Marty Bronson 。我经营着Sunny Vista旅馆。
which I established on the corner of Sunset and LA Cienega Boulevards,
establish: 建立 
建立于SunsetLA Cienega Boulevards的路口,
in Los Angeles, California, in the year 1974.
1974年建立在CaliforniaLos Angeles
The motel was my labor of love, and I ran it with the help of my children: Wendy...
run: 经营 with the help of: ……帮助下
这家旅馆是我心血结晶。一起帮我经营的是我的两个孩子:Wendy…
Wendy, the key, please, for Mr. And Mrs. Dixon. Thank you.
Wendy,拿钥匙给Dixon夫妇。谢谢。
And Skeeter.
还有Skeeter
-Skeeter: May I help you with your bags, Mr. And Mrs. Dixon?
要我帮忙提行李么,Dixon先生,Dixon太太?
-Mrs. Dixon: Yes, please.
好的。
-Mr. Dixon: Why, thank you, young man. You, uh, need a hand?
谢谢,小伙子。你,嗯,要我帮忙么?
-Skeeter: No, no. I got it.
不,不用,我能行。
-Mr. Dixon: OK.
好吧。
-Marty Bronson: To my boy Skeeter, the motel was a wonderland.
wonderland: 仙境
对我的儿子Skeeter来说,这旅馆就是个幻想乐园。
-Wendy: Way too hyper.
hyper: 精力过旺的
未免太兴奋了吧!
-Skeeter: The galaxy's not big enough for the both of us.
galaxy: 银河 
对我们俩来说,银河系太小了。
-Marty Bronson: A magical place, full of new adventures for a six-year-old boy.
magical: 神奇的,有魔力的 adventure: 冒险
一个神奇的地方。对于一个6岁男孩来说充满了新鲜的历险。
Oh, Skeeter. Come here. Skeeter loved the old place as much as I did.
哦,Skeeter,过来。Skeeter和我一样热爱这幢老房子。
And he always tried to come up with ways to make it even better.
come up with: 想出,提出
他总是想尽办法,让这个地方看起来更好些。
-Skeeter: I've got a lot of ideas how to improve things around here.
improve: 提高,改善 
我想到很多主意来改善这里的环境。
I was thinking we could put an extra pair of socks in each room,
extra: 额外的 sock: 袜子
我想我们可以在每个房间里多放一双袜子。
because people always forget to pack enough socks when they go on a trip.
pack: 打包 trip: 短途旅行
因为人们旅行的时候总是不记得带足够的袜子。
-Marty Bronson: That's a good idea. Time for bed, I'm meeting with Mr. Nottingham.
这个主意不错。该睡觉了。我还要见Nottingham先生。
-Skeeter: Wait, Dad. I'm not even tired.
等等,爸爸,我还不困呢!
-Marty Bronson: Well, how about a bedtime story?
好吧,那么来个睡前故事?
-Skeeter: Yay!
好呀!
-Marty Bronson: Now, once upon a time, there was a little boy,
once upon a time: 从前
从前,有个小男孩,
and that little boy's name was Skeeter.
他的名字叫Skeeter
Well, I could tell a pretty fairy tale when the muse was with me.
fairy tale: 童话故事 muse: 灵感
当灵感迸发的时候,我总是能讲些不错的童话故事。
And making my little boy smile, now, that was truly magical.
还总能逗乐我的小家伙。现在看来,真的是很神奇。
Yeah, I was a pretty good dad and a pretty good host.
作为父亲和男主人,我干得相当不错。
But unfortunately, a pretty bad businessman.
unfortunately: 不幸的是 businessman: 商人
可是,作为一个商人,我实在糟糕透顶。
-Mr. Nottingham: Can't you read the writing on the wall, Bronson?
Bronson,你还看不出来吗?
This motel is sinking in red ink and I'm offering you the last lifeboat.
sink: 下沉 in red ink: 亏损,赤字 offer: 提供 lifeboat: 生命之船,救命稻草
这个旅馆已经亏得底朝天了,我是你的救命稻草。
-Marty Bronson: I don't know.
我不知道。
-Mr. Nottingham: I've seen the books, Martin.
我已经看过账本了,Martin
If you don't sell to me, you're going to go bankrupt.
bankrupt: 破产
如果不把旅馆卖给我,你就会破产。
-Marty Bronson: Yes, well, I... I'd always hoped this place would be a home for my children.
我知道,可是,我……我希望这个地方,永远都是两个孩子的家。
-Mr. Nottingham: How about this?
要不这样?
If your boy works hard and shows some smarts when he grows up,
smart: 聪明的 
如果你的儿子工作勤恳,而且长大之后又有天分,
I'll let him run this place.
我就会让他来经营这个地方。.
-Marty Bronson: You promise?
promise: 保证
你保证?
-Mr. Nottingham: Yes. Now sign the bloody papers. That's my boy, Bronson.
bloody: 该死的 paper: 纸,文件
没问题,现在签这该死的协议书吧。这就对了,Bronson
Trust me; I'm going to turn this place into the finest hotel in Los Angeles.
相信我,我会让这个地方成为Los Angeles最好的酒店。
It's going to be uptight and out of sight.
upright: 正直的,竖直的 out of sight: 令人目瞪口呆的
它会让所有人都目瞪口呆的。
-Marty Bronson: And just like that, our modest little Sunny Vista Motel...
modest: 谦虚的,适度的 
就这样,我们小小的Sunny Vista旅馆……
metamorphosized into the mighty Sunny Vista Nottingham.
metamorphosize: 变形,变化 mighty: 大的
摇身一变,成了宏伟的Sunny Vista Nottingham酒店。
And for the past 25 years, it has been lovingly maintained by my now grown-up son,
maintain: 维持,保养 grown-up: 长大了的   
而在25年里,它一直由我长大成人的儿子精心维护。
Skeeter Bronson, the handyman.
handyman: 手巧的人,能工巧匠
Skeeter Bronson, 酒店杂役。
Yes, though Mr. Nottingham's promise for Skeeter to run the place.
是的,虽然Nottingham先生曾许诺会让他来经营酒店,
It seems to have been forgotten...
现在他却貌是忘了这回事……
-Skeeter: Hi, ya, Pop.
嘿,老爸。
-Marty Bronson: My boy always works diligently with a hopeful heart, still waiting for his shot.
diligently: 勤奋地 hopeful: 充满希望的 shot: 机会
我的孩子却总是怀着期待勤奋工作。等待属于他的机会。
-Skeeter: Mrs. Dixon? Is there a problem with her room?
Dixon太太?她的房间有什么问题么?
-Aspen: Nothing you should bother your tiny mind about.
没什么,用不着劳烦你操心。
Mrs. Dixon has been taking the nip bottles of liquor out of her mini-bar,
nip: 拿,捏 liquor:  mini-bar: 小酒馆
Dixon太太从小酒吧里拿走小瓶装的酒,
and doesn't want to pay for it.
pay for: 付账
却不愿意付账。
-Mrs. Dixon: I never even touched that evil little refrigerator. I don't drink alcohol.
touch: 触摸 evil: 邪恶的 refrigerator: 冰箱
我根本没碰过那个作孽的小冰箱。我也不喝酒的。
-Skeeter: Of course. There's probably a mix-up.
mix-up: 混淆,混合
当然。可能有人搞错了。
-Mrs. Dixon: I saw who took it.
我看到谁拿了。
-Skeeter: OK.
是么。
-Mrs. Dixon: He had red hair and a beard.
beard: 胡子
他是红头发,留着胡子。
He was wearing a green suit with brass buttons. And he stands about ten inches tall.
穿着带铜扣的绿衣服。大概有25公分高。
-Skeeter: So we're talking about a leprechaun?
leprechaun: 魔法精灵,矮妖
这么说他是个小精灵?
-Mrs. Dixon: There you go.
没错。
-Skeeter: Oh, I didn't know your brother was in town.
哦,原来你弟弟来了。
So, um, here's what I think we should do. Put all the missing bottles on my tab.
tab: 账单
好吧,嗯,我觉得我们应该这样。把所有不见的酒都算在我帐上。
Next time you see any leprechauns, we'll tell Aspen. She's half-troll.
下次你再看到小精灵,就告诉Aspen。她是半人巨魔。
I think, trolls eat leprechauns, am I right?
我想,巨魔会吃精灵。对吧?
-Mrs. Dixon: She would.
没错。
-Marty Bronson: Today magic is in the air at the grand hotel,
今天,大酒店充满了魔法的气息。
and the winds of change are about to blow our story in a strange new direction.
change: 变化 blow:  strange: 奇怪的 direction: 方向
一股名叫改变的风会将我们的故事吹向一个全新的方向。
But what would you expect in a hotel,
不过你们觉得在这样一个酒店
founded by someone who loved a good story as much as I?
found: 建立 
由我这个爱讲故事的人所创立的酒店里,应该发生什么事呢?
-Kendall Duncan: Time is of the essence here, Skeeter.
essence: 本质,精髓
注意时间,Skeeter
-Skeeter: Oh, yeah, I know. I just don't want the big boss man to get electrocuted.
electrocuted: 通电致死的
嗯,明白。我只是不希望我们的大老板被电死。
-Kendall Duncan: Of course. You fixed it?
当然。搞定了?
-Skeeter: Let me see here. Yo, yo. Yo, yo.
我来试下。喂,喂,喂,喂。
Check, check. One, two. Come on. Yeah, yeah. Hear me in the back? Whoa, whoa.
check: 测试
测试,测试,一,二好,好,后面听得见么?喔,喔。
-Kendall Duncan: Skeeter.
Skeeter
-Skeeter: I say "Barry," you say "Nottingham." Barry.
我喊“Barry”,你们喊“Nottingham”Barry
-All: Nottingham.
Nottingham
-Skeeter: Barry.
Barry
-All: Nottingham.
Nottingham
 
-Skeeter: “Barry had a Nottingham.”
“Nottingham, Nottingham”
“Barry had a Nottingham”
“Whose beard was white as snow”
 
-Skeeter: Come on; give it up for the big man.
好啦,让大人物登场!
Got them warmed up for you, sir. It’s good to see you again.
warm up: 热场
为你暖暖场,先生。真高兴又见到你。
-Mr. Nottingham: Germs.
小心病菌。
-Skeeter: Germs?
病菌?
-Kendall Duncan: Uh, Skeeter, Mr. Nottingham has developed a fear, uh...
develop: 发展,养成 
嗯,SkeeterNottingham先生最近有些害怕,嗯……
Not a fear, an awareness... of germs and how dangerous they can be…
awareness: 意识 dangerous: 危险的
不是害怕,是一种意识……他意识到病菌的危险,
when not properly... feared, so...
properly: 适当地 
觉得应该对它们……敬畏,所以……
-Skeeter: You're properly doing the right thing. I didn't shower today.
你做对了,我今天还没洗过澡。嗯,那好吧,我现走了。
So, yeah, let me get out of here.Barry Nottingham, everybody.
Barry Nottingham登场!
-Mickey: He's brilliant, him. I love this guy.
brilliant: 聪明的
他很不错,我喜欢这个家伙。
-Mr. Nottingham: Welcome. As you know, I own 23 hotels from Berlin to Beijing.
欢迎。大家都知道,从BerlinBeijing我已经开了23家酒店。
But it's no secret that this one, the Sunny Vista Nottingham, is my favorite.
favorite: 最喜欢的
但是毫无疑问,Sunny Vista Nottingham酒店是我的最喜欢的。
However, this is a 20th-century hotel. We need something for the 21st century.
然而,这是一家20世纪的酒店。而我们需要迎接21世纪。
And so, we have decided to close this hotel,
所以,我决定将关闭这家酒店。
and to build a brand-new Sunny Vista Mega Nottingham.
brand-new: 全新的,崭新的
建一家全新的超级Sunny Vista Mega Nottingham酒店。
This will be the largest hotel on the West Coast.
它将成为西海岸最大的酒店。
-Violet: I simply don't understand what the fuss is about. It's just a big building.
understand: 理解明白 fuss: 大惊小怪,小题大做
真不明白有什么可大惊小怪的,只是栋大楼而已。
-Skeeter: Oh, no, no. This is like the future of the hotel business.
嗯,不,不,这听来像是酒店业的未来。
-Mr. Nottingham: And a top-secret theme that will blow your mind.
 top-secret: 机密 theme: 主题 
这酒店的主题现在还是机密,但一定会超乎你们的想象。
-Kendall Duncan: Yes!
太棒了!
-Mr. Nottingham: So I'm proud to announce the new hotel's general manager.
announce: 宣布 general manager: 总经理
我很荣幸地宣布新酒店的总经理。
He's been waiting on this for a long time.
他为了这个时刻已经等了很久,
We all know how hard he works, how intelligent he is, how much this hotel means to him.
intelligent: 有才能的,聪明的
他的努力和智慧我们有目共睹。而这个酒店对他而言也是意义重大。
Take a bow, Mr. Kendall Duncan! Take a bow, Kendall. God bless.
bow: 鞠躬
来答谢大家吧。Kendall Duncan先生。答谢大家吧,Kendall!祝福你。
-Mickey: Boo!
嘘!
-Man: A beautiful speech, sir. A beautiful speech.
精彩的演讲,先生。精彩的演讲。
-Mr. Nottingham: I'm so glad you could come. It's great to see you. Don't touch me.
很高兴你能来。见到你很高兴。别碰我。
-Violet: Well done, Daddy.
干得好,爸爸。
-Mr. Nottingham: Oh, oh, hello there. Do you know my daughter, Violet?
哦,哦,你好。你认识我的女儿Violet吗?
-Skeeter: Only by reputation, sir.
reputation: 名声
对她的名声略有耳闻。
-Mr. Nottingham: Excuse me?
你说什么?
-Skeeter: No, no, not that she has a reputation. I always heard she's very hot.
不,不,不是说她名声有问题。我常听人说她很热辣。
Not hot as in hot. Hot, I meant warm... warm-hearted.
不是指那个热辣,我是说热心……她有副热心肠。
And she likes to go out and have fun, festive times, in bars, with a lot of different guys, and...
have time: 玩得高兴,找乐子 festive: 节日的
听说她喜欢出去找些乐子,去泡吧。和很多不同的人……
-Kendall Duncan: That's the old Violet Nottingham before she met me.
那是从前的她,是在她认识我之前。
Now it's up to me to keep my pooky-bear out of the spotlight, and nightclubs and tabloids.
up to: 由……负责 spotlight: 镁光灯
现在由我来负责让小甜甜避开聚光灯。免得出现在夜店或者小报上,
Isn't that right, sir?
nightclub: 夜总会 tabloid: 兴奋剂,小报
对吧,先生?
-Mr. Nottingham: Violet's off to her private tennis lesson with Roger Federer.
private: 私人的 Roger Federer: 【费德勒,著名网球运动员,世界排名第一】
Violet最近开始上网球课。Roger Federer当她的私教。
-Skeeter: Oh. All right, good for you.
哦,是么。很不错。
-Violet: Bye, boys.
走了,再见!
-Skeeter: Got to say, uh... It’s gonna be hard for me to see the hotel move locations like this.
location: 地址,位置
我想说,嗯……对我来讲,看见酒店要搬迁有点难受。
-Mr. Nottingham: Well, I, I do hope you'll feel able to come and work with us there.
我,我,我很希望,能够和你一起工作。
Big as Kendall wants to make it, well, there's going to be a lot of light bulbs to change.
新酒店如果真像肯达尔设想的那么大,那么,会有很多灯泡要换的。
Someone touched me. Is there any sanitizer?
sanitizer: 消毒剂,杀毒剂
有人碰了我。有没有杀菌剂?
-Kendall Duncan: There is, sir. Come this way. I'll get you some.
有的,先生,这边。我会给你弄点儿。
-Mr. Nottingham: Can't be too careful, Kendall.
小心点总没错,Kendall
-Wendy: All right, everyone finished at the pottery table, bring their art to the kiln.
pottery: 陶瓷的 table: 桌子 art: 艺术 kiln: 干燥炉
好了,做完了造型的,就把陶土放到窑里去。
The man with the rescue donkey's leaving in five minutes,
rescue: 营救 donkey: 毛驴
骑着毛驴的那个家伙再过5分钟就会走哦!
if you haven't gotten a ride, hurry up.
还没有骑过的,赶快去吧。
-kids: Thank you, Principal Duva.
principal: 校长
谢谢,Duva校长。
-Wendy: Oh, I'm not a principal at this party. I'm a mom. Hey!
哦,在这个派对上我不是校长,我只是个母亲。嘿!
I notice no one's eating the gluten-free wheatgrass cake.
notice: 发现,注意到 gluten-free: 无麦麸的 wheatgrass: 麦草
我发现没有人吃无麦麸的麦草蛋糕。
Come on. Trust me, you just got to get past the smell.
来吧,相信我,你们不要看这气味就跑啊。
-Skeeter: What? The clown died?
clown: 小丑
怎么了?小丑死了?
-Kids: What's in that bag?
那个袋子里是什么?
-Skeeter: Oh, chocolate chip cookie.
哦,巧克力饼干。      
-Kids: Food! Food!
有吃的!吃的!
-Wendy: Slow it down, slow it down.
慢点,慢点!
-Skeeter: Hey, sissy.
嘿,老姐!
-Wendy: Why do you bring sugary, chemical-filled crud to my house every time you visit?
sugary: 含糖的 chemical-filled: 充满化学物质的 crud: 脏东西 
为什么你每次来我家都带着这种全是糖和化学物质的垃圾食品?
-Skeeter: What? Every time? You haven't invited me here in four years.
什么?每次?你已经4年没有请我来这里了。
-Wendy: What are you talking about? It hasn't been four years.
你说什么?没有4年那么长。
You were here for The Fourth of July barbecue when you punched my husband?
The Fourth of July: 七月四号,美国独立日 barbecue: 烧烤 punch: 殴打 
独立日烧烤那天你还来了。而且还打了我丈夫,记得?
-Skeeter: Yes. That was four years ago. I wanted to give him a wedgie,
wedgie: 拉紧
没错,那就是4年前的事情。我当时打算开个玩笑,想拉紧他的裤子。
but his underwear had holes in it. I knew he'd be your ex-husband. You should be happy.
underwear: 内裤 hole:
偏巧他的内裤破了。我就知道他会和你离婚的。你应该开心才对。
-Wendy: All right. Let's not start.
好吧,就此打住。
-Skeeter: How are the kids handling the old divorce anyways?
handle: 处理 divorce: 离婚  
孩子们怎么样?他们接受你们离婚的事实了么?
-Wendy: They're both kind of off right now. Bobbi's been really quiet.
他们俩现在都还有点失落。Bobbi如今话少了很多。
Why don't you go say hi? I'm gonna pay the donkey guy.
你为什么不过去打个招呼?我去给那个牵驴来的家伙付钱。
-Skeeter: Is that what stinks in here?
stink: 臭味
是什么那么臭?
-One kid: No, it's the cake.
不是,是蛋糕。
-Skeeter: What did she make, donkey cake? I smell manure.
manure: 肥料,粪便
她做了什么蛋糕,驴子蛋糕?我闻到了粪肥的味道。
Hey, you guys. Remember me? Uncle Skeeter.
嘿,你们还记得我么?Skeeter叔叔。
Man, you got big. Haven't seen you in a while. Happy birthday there, Bobbi.
哟,你长大了。很久没有见你了。生日快乐,Bobbi
-Patrick: I'm Patrick. She's Bobbi.
我是Patrick,她是Bobbi
-Skeeter: Oh, my bad. Got you a little something. Happy birthday, Bobbi.
啊,我的错。给你带了点东西哦。生日快乐,Bobbi
Here you go. Picked it up at the hotel. How's school going?
给你,是从酒店拿来的。学校怎么样?
-Wendy: Skeeter?
Skeeter
-Skeeter: Yeah. Getting called to the principal's office. Look at that.
嗯。看到没,校长叫我去她办公室啰!
Have fun with the gifts. And... Yes, yes.
希望你们喜欢这礼物,好吧……来了来了。
-Bobbi: Shampoo? And a soap?
shampoo: 洗发水 soap: 香皂
洗发水?和香皂?
-Patrick: Hanger and a towel.
hanger: 衣架 towel: 毛巾
衣架和毛巾?
-Wendy: Do not talk about school with them.
别和他们谈学校。
-Skeeter: What's going on with the school?
学校怎么了?
-Wendy: They're closing it down.
学校要关门了。
-Skeeter: No.
哦,不。
-Wendy: I'm getting laid off.
lay off: 解雇
我将被解雇。
-Skeeter: You? You're like the classic school principal.
classic: 古典的,传统的 principal: 校长
你?你可是最棒的校长。
I mean, you're, you're scary and bad with people. Children are nervous around you.
scary: 恐怖的
我是说,你样子很凶而且总是很严厉。孩子们在你身边总是很紧张。
That doesn't sound right, but, I'm just saying, what else could you do?
这听上去不太好,但是,我想说的是,你还能干什么呢?
Maybe, Cuban dictator? Or the bogeyman. You could be the bogeyman.
Cuban: 古巴 dictator: 独裁者,专政的人 bogeyman: 鬼怪
古巴独裁者?或者鬼怪,你会是个不错的鬼怪。
-Wendy: Anyway...
总之……
-Skeeter: What, what?
怎么,怎么了?
-Wendy: I've got some interviews set up in Arizona, which is kind of what I wanted to talk to you about.
interview: 面试
我在Arizona有个面试。我就是想和你说这事。
-Skeeter: Uh-oh.
啊噢!
-Wendy: I need you to watch the kids... for a week.
我想要你帮我带一个星期孩子。
-Skeeter: No! No, they don't even like me!
不,不,他们根本一点都不喜欢我!
-Wendy: It's not going to be difficult, Skeeter. My friend Jill is a teacher at my school.
不会太难的,SkeeterJill 是我学校的一个老师。
She'll bring the kids in with her and she watches them till dinnertime.
她会负责在晚饭前看着孩子们。
All you gotta do is the night shift.
shift: 轮班,轮流
你就在晚上替她就行。
-Skeeter: Why can't your stupid friend do that?
为什么你的笨蛋朋友不行?
-Wendy: She's got night school. Skeeter! My husband left me. I'm getting laid off.
她要上夜校,Skeeter!我的丈夫离开了我,而我又快被解雇了。
I, I have to move. I need your help.
我必须搬家,需要你帮忙。
-Skeeter: So you need me. This is good. I'll do it.
所以,你需要我,这倒是不错。好吧。
But you got to say, "Skeeter is the coolest. I am a nerd."
nerd: 书呆子,呆子
但是你必须说,“Skeeter最酷,我是个书呆子
-Wendy: "Skeeter's the coolest. I'm a nerd?"
“Skeeter最酷,我是个书呆子
-Skeeter: Yeah, you are! Whoa! OK. Hey, you guys.
对,你就是,喔!嘿,你们俩。
I'm going to hang out with you this week. All right? Maybe we can go... fishing.
hang out: 常去某处,呆在一起
这个星期我会和你们一起过,怎么样?或许我们可以去……钓鱼。
-Wendy: I'd rather you didn't. Patrick's not a strong swimmer.
最好不要。帕特里克不太会游泳。
-Skeeter: OK, we'll stay inside. How about, uh, we play some poker?
poker: 扑克
好吧,那我们就呆在室内。那么,我们打牌怎么样?
I can teach you that.
我来教你们。
-Wendy: Gambling? I don't think so.
gambling: 赌博
赌钱?不行。
-Skeeter: OK, how about we just take walks in the park and catalog plant species?
catalog: 分类 plant: 植物 species: 种类,物种
那么,要不我们去花园散步怎样?顺便给植物标个科目?
-Wendy: Now you're talking.
这听起来不错。
-Skeeter: I don't know anything about plants except you try to make cakes out of them!
可我完全不懂植物。只知道你用它们来做蛋糕!
He liked that one. I'm gonna end with a laugh. Give me some. Huh?
他喜欢这个笑话,我再来一个。嗯,来一个?
I wasn't gonna hit you. I was trying to do the fist thing.
我不是要打你。我只是用拳头来比一个
You don't know the fist thing? OK, I was just... That's what, uh, the children do.
你从来没做过?嗯,我只是……那是什么呢,嗯,孩子们玩的。
Hey, yeh, yeh.
嘿,耶,耶……
-Jill: Oh, this your truck, chief?
哦,这是你的卡车么?
-Skeeter: Yes, it is, ma'am.
是的。
-Jill: You realize you're taking up two parking spaces?
realize: 意识到 take up: 占据 parking space: 停车位
知不知道它占了两个车位?
-Skeeter: It's a big truck, ma'am.
这是辆大卡车,女士。
-Jill: It's not that big, sir. You could fit into one spot.
没那么大,你完全可以停在一个车位里。
I had to park all the way down the block.
你害得我只能停到下个街区。
-Skeeter: Well, next time park in that box. Plenty of room in there.
嗯,下次就停在那个盒子里好啦!地方大得很。
Anyway, here's the situation. This is not really my truck,
situation: 情况 
管它呢,情况是这样的,这不是我的车。
This is the hotel I work for's truck. So if I get a scratch on it, they take it out of my salary.
scratch: 刮痕,划痕 salary: 薪水
这是我工作的酒店的车。如果上面有了划痕,他们就从我工资里扣钱
So two parking spaces provides me with what I call "a cushion of protection."
cushion: 垫子 protection: 保护
所以,两个车位相当于给了我一个“安全靠垫”。
-Jill: Wait, a hotel? Oh, wait. You're Wendy's brother.
等下,酒店?你是Wendy的弟弟?
-Skeeter: Yeah.
是的。
-Jill: I'm Jill.
我是Jill
-Skeeter: Who's that?
谁?
-Jill: I'm her friend, the one helping take care of the kids. I'm the day shift.
take care of: 照顾 shift: 轮班
我是她朋友,帮她带孩子的人,我负责白天。
-Skeeter: OK, June. You plan on being this hostile the whole time?
plan on: 打算 hostile: 敌对的
啊,June,你打算这段时间一直那么对我?
-Jill: Jill. My name is Jill. Do you plan on keeping that haircut the rest of the time?
haircut: 发型
Jill,我叫Jill。你打算这段时间一直保持这个发型?
-Skeeter: Oh, haven't you heard? Goofy’s the new handsome.
goofy: 愚笨的 handsome: 英俊的
你没听过么?现在流行有点傻傻的头。
-Jill: That sounds good for the environment.
environment: 环境
这听起来对环保很好。
-Skeeter: Oh, we can't all have Priuses.
Priuses: 普锐斯【丰田的车款,以环保著名】
哦,不可能人人开Priuses
-Jill: How do you know I drive a Prius?
你怎么知道我开那车?
-Skeeter: Your whole aura reads Prius.
aura: 气味 
你浑身上下散发着Prius的气味。
Anyways, you're in my cushion of protection right now.
总之,你现在处于我的安全靠垫范围内。
I want to back up, so if you could just zing-zang up there, that would be helpful.
zing-zang: 曲折地走
我打算倒车,如果你能让开点儿,那就帮我大忙了。
-Jill: Yeah.
好吧。
-Skeeter: You might want some Cinnabons. You'll need it.
Cinnabon: 肉桂卷
你可能想吃些甜肉桂卷。你会要的。
-Kids: Food!
有吃的!
-Skeeter: Give it back! Somebody owes me six bucks!
还给我!有人欠我6块钱哦!
-Mickey: So why didn't you demand that he make you the big boss of the new hotel?
为什么你不叫他把新酒店的老板位子给你坐?
He promised your dad.
他答应了你父亲。
-Skeeter: I wanted to. It just wasn't the right time.
我也想,只是时机不对。
-Mickey: So listen. Let me tell you how it works.
听着。让我告诉你是怎么回事。
The big man’s giving this job to Kendall, because he’s dating his daughter.
老板把工作交给了Kendall因为他和老板的女儿谈恋爱。
That's the way it works in the business world, keep it in the family.
就是这样,肥水不流外人田。
He gets the girl, he gets the job, he gets everything.
他有了女人,就有了工作。然后就什么都有了。
-Skeeter: And I get nothing. Hello?
而我什么都没有。喂?
-Jill: Where are you? Still there?
你在哪?还在那?
-Skeeter: I'm still where? Who's this?
我还在哪?你是谁?
-Jill: Look, I've got to get to class. The kids are waiting for you, OK?
听着,我要去上课了。孩子们在等你,明白?
-Skeeter: Oh! Oh, yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I forgot. I'll be there in like 20 minutes.
哦,哦,对。对不起。我忘了。我20分钟后到。
I'm gonna baby-sit my nephew and niece tonight. Oh, God. Got any advice for me?
baby-sit: 照看小孩 nephew: 侄子 niece: 侄女
今晚我要照看我的侄子和侄女。啊,我的天。你有什么建议么?
-Mickey: Yes, I do. Sometimes I baby-sit my cousins, right?
嗯,有时候我也照顾我的表姐妹。
And what I do is I let them style me hair.
我就让她们给我弄发型。
Like put beads into it and braid it, make me look all real sexy.
bead: 珠子 braid: 辫子 sexy: 性感的
弄些珠子穿在我头发上。然后编成辫子,让我看起来非常性感。
Like Milli Vanilli, stuff like that. You should try that.
就好像Milli Vanilli合唱团那样,你应该试下。
-Skeeter: Braid my hair? That's a good idea. Can I have some French fries?
让他们给我编辫子?好主意。能给我些薯条么?
-Mickey: Of course you can. You're my best friend.
当然。你可是我最好的朋友。
Ah! Actually, I really like ketchup on my face because it's rejuvenating for the skin.
ketchup: 番茄酱 rejuvenate: 使……年轻
啊!其实我很喜欢脸上涂番茄酱。因为它让我皮肤变年轻。
So who's the real victim? You are. Mmm! Delicious.
victim: 受害者
所以谁是真正的受害者?你。啊!真好吃!
-Patrick: Do you think these signs will help?
你觉得这些标语能有用么?
-Jill: Well, miracles happen, you know?
miracle: 奇迹
嗯,奇迹会出现的。知道么?
-Bobbi: You mean like Dad coming back?
你是说爸爸会回来?
-Jill: Um...
……
-Skeeter: Hey! Sorry I'm late.
嘿!对不起我来迟了。
-Jill: So, um, their pajamas are on their beds,
pajama: 睡衣
他们的睡衣放在床上了,
And I will be back, um, at 8:30 to pick them up, OK?
嗯,明天我会来接他们上学 830左右好么?
-Skeeter: All right.
好的。
-Jill: Here is my cell phone number. And call me if there’s any emergency.
emergency: 紧急情况
这是我的手机号有急事的话就打电话给我。
-Skeeter: All right. Have fun at night school.
好,上夜校愉快。
-Jill: Bye, guys.
再见,小家伙们!
-Patrick: Bye.
再见。
-Skeeter: All packed up here. I got my, uh, toothbrush and, uh, and the toothpaste.
我都收拾好了。嗯,我的牙刷,嗯,牙膏。
Some clean underwear. Well, maybe not that clean. You guys want to watch TV?
干净的内裤。嗯,或许没有那么干净。你们想看电视么?
-Patrick: We don't have a TV.
我们家没电视。
-Jill: Hello?
喂?
-Skeeter: Emergency! They don't have a TV.
 急事!他们没电视。
-Jill: Wendy doesn't let them watch TV. You didn't know that?
Wendy不让他们看电视,你不知道?
-Skeeter: I don't know a lot of things about these kids.
他们很多事我都不知道。
I wasn't allowed over here. Their old man didn't like me.
他们不让我来,他们的爸爸不喜欢我。
-Jill: OK, listen, you don't need a TV. You can, um, play a game, do a puzzle.
puzzle: 难题,谜语
嗯,听着,你不需要电视。你们可以玩游戏,猜字谜。
I'm sure you can figure something out. OK?
figure out: 想出,找出
你总能想到办法的,对吧?
-Skeeter: Whoa, whoa, whoa! Should I let them braid my hair or something?
喔,喔,喔!我应该让他们给我编个辫子什么的?
Would they like that?
他们会喜欢么?
-Jill: I don't think anyone should touch that hair.
我看你那头发还是别让人碰了。
-Skeeter: Hey, what do you say we go... next door and toilet papers your neighbor's trees?
toilet: 厕所 neighbor: 邻居
嘿,你们觉得我们……用卫生纸去装饰邻居家的树怎么样?
No? OK, bedtime! OK, so you guys cool?
不想?好吧,那么上床去!好吧, 你们还有事么?
-Patrick: You have to read us a bedtime story.
你应该给我们讲个睡前故事。
-Skeeter: Yeah, all right. You have any? Whoa! What do you got here, anyways?
嗯,好吧,你们有么?呜!你们有什么故事?
"Rainbow Alligator Saves the Wetlands"? Mmm, no.
rainbow: 彩虹 alligator: 鳄鱼 wetland: 湿地
“彩虹鳄鱼拯救沼泽”?嗯,不好。
"The Organic Squirrel Gets a Bike Helmet"?
organic: 有活力的 squirrel: 松鼠 helmet: 头盔
“活力小松鼠得到自行车头盔”?
I'm not reading these communist books to you guys. Don't you got any real stories?
communist: 社会主义者
我才不给你们读这些社会主义者的书呢!你们难道没有什么真正的故事么?
-Patrick: Like what?
比如?
-Skeeter: Like what? Like, like cowboys? Or dragons? Or aliens? Or...
cowboy: 牛仔 dragon: 恐龙
比如?比如,比如牛仔?或者巨龙?或者外星人?或者
What the heck is on my head right now?
alien: 外星人 heck: [口语]见鬼
见鬼我头上是什么?
-Patrick: That's Bugsy, our guinea pig.
Bugsy, 我们的小豚鼠。
-Skeeter: Why do you call him Bugsy?
为什么那么叫它?
-Patrick: Because of his eyes.
因为它的眼睛。
-Skeeter: Let me see them. Wow! Those eyes would be big on a cow.
让我看下。喔!这眼睛长在牛身上也不算小啊。
Are those eyeballs or bowling balls? Can't keep my eyes off of them.
eyeball: 眼球 bowling ball: 保龄球
这到底是眼睛还是保龄球?看得我眼睛都移不开了。
Just get in there so I don't have to look at them anymore. Goodbye.
还是把它放进去,这样就不用看它了,再见。
Anyways, uh, you guys want me to, uh, make up a story for you?
make up: 编造
那么,嗯要不我给你们编个故事怎样?
Like, like my old man used to do for me? Maybe I could be good at this.
就像我爸爸过去给我讲的那样?或许我还挺会编故事呢。
All right, um... Here goes. Once upon a time, in a magical, faraway kingdom...
magical: 魔法的,神奇的 faraway: 遥远的 kingdom: 王国
好吧,嗯……开始吧!从前,在一个遥远又神奇的王国里……
there was a brave and noble knight. Strikingly handsome.
noble: 高贵的 knight: 骑士 strikingly: 吸引人地,尤其 handsome: 英俊的
有一位勇敢又高贵的骑士,他非常英俊。
who lived in a grand castle that weary travelers from near and far would come and visit.
castle: 城堡
住在一个巨大的城堡里,四面八方的旅行者们都千里迢迢地来参观这个城堡。
Now, this knight had been working his butt off for years.
butt: 烟头,笑柄
骑士就这样度过了好多年。
You'd think he'd be a shoo-in to rule the castle, right?
你们都认为他会就此掌管城堡,对吧?
-Patrick: Right.
对。
-Skeeter: Wrong. Actually, he wasn't even a knight at all.
错。其实,他甚至不能算是骑士。
-Mr. underappreciated: Oh, no.
underappreciated: 低估的
哦,不。
-Skeeter: He was, in fact, just a lowly peasant.
peasant: 农民
事实上,他只是一个下贱的农民。
And even though he was the son of the late, great Lord Marty...
尽管他是上一任伟大领主 Marty的儿子……
-Mr. underappreciated: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Skeeter: And knew everything there is to know about running a castle,
他对城堡的事务也是样样精通。
everyone just took him for granted. His name was Mr. Underappreciated.
但每个人都不把他当回事。他的名字叫做怀才不遇爵士。
-Patrick: What's "underdemeciated"?
什么是“坏菜补鱼”?
-Skeeter: Under de-what?
坏菜什么?
-Patrick: Underdemeciated.
坏菜补鱼。
-Skeeter: That's right, I forgot you were six. His name was Sir... Fix-A-Lot.
fix-a-lot: 勤修理的
对了,我忘了你只有6岁。他叫勤修理爵士。
But alas, the kingdom where Sir Fix-A-Lot lived
但是,哎呀,勤修理爵士居住的国度,
did not place much value on dedication or hard work, I guess.
value: 尊重,价值 dedication: 付出,贡献
并不怎么重视他的功劳和苦劳。
Because the superstar in all the land was Sir Butt-Kiss.
superstar: 超级明星 Sir Butt-Kiss: 马屁精先生【英语中有许多名词用连词符连接,构成形容词】
因为这里最闪耀的明星是马屁精爵士。
And he spent all his days kissing everybody's butt.
他成天都在拍别人的马屁。
-Sir Butt-Kiss: And my lord, yes, of course I can get you front row house seats to The Lion King.
我的大人,没错,我当然可以给你狮子王最前排的内场座位。
-Skeeter: And Sir Fix-A-Lot had a best friend, Friar Fred, who was not right in the head.
勤修理爵士有一位最要好的朋友爱薯条修士,他的脑袋总有些问题。
-Friar Fred: She never! No! Not our queen, I won't have that.
她没有!不!不是我们的皇后, 我没有那个。
-Patrick: Were there any kids in the kingdom?
王国里有孩子么?
-Skeeter: Yes, yes. Of course. There were two young pages. Mistress Stinky and Master Smelly.
page: 侍从 mistress: 主妇,妇人 stinky: 臭的 smelly: 臭的
对,当然有。有两个小侍从,熏熏小妹和臭臭小弟。
-Patrick: Hey-oh! And don't forget... Jillian! The queen of the fairies!
queen: 女王 fairy: 仙子
哦!别忘了……还有Jillian!小精灵女王!
-Skeeter: Queen of the fairies? I mean, if she has to be there, let's just make her an angry raven.
raven: 乌鸦
小精灵女王?如果一定要有她,不如让她当只凶恶的乌鸦。
-Jillian: Parking spot!
车位!
-Bobbi: She should be a mermaid teacher.
mermaid: 美人鱼
她应该是个美人鱼老师。
-Patrick: Yeah. The best mermaid teacher in the world.
嗯,世界上最好的美人鱼老师。
-Jillian: Children, open your books to page 16.
孩子们,把你们的书翻到16页。
-Mistress Stinky: Yes, Miss Mermaid.
好的,美人鱼小姐。
-Jillian: Let's begin.
让我们开始吧。
-Skeeter: All right, she's a mermaid. Whatever you want. Anyways, back to the story.
好吧,她是美人鱼,随便你们。总之,回到故事中。
One day the king invited all his subjects to the castle.
invite: 邀请 subject: 臣民
一天国王邀请了所有的臣民来到城堡。
-The king: I bring glad tidings. For on this day I have chosen a champion who will run this castle
tidings: 消息 champion: 冠军,保卫 
我有个好消息要宣布。今天起我选择了一个勇士来管理这座城堡,
and be my closest advisor and best buddy. My new champion is... Sir Butt-Kiss!
adviser: 顾问 
并且担任我最亲近的顾问和最好的伙伴。新的勇士就是……马屁精爵士!
-Sir Butt-Kiss: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Skeeter: Poor Sir Fix-A-Lot had been passed over.
pass over: 忽视
可怜的勤修理爵士被忽视了。
So, Sir Fix-A-Lot moved into a giant shoe, got a bad case of athlete's face, dove into a moat...
dove: dive的过去式,跳 moat: 护城河
所以,勤修理爵士搬进了一只巨大的鞋子里,带着一副苦瓜脸,跳进了护城河……
-Mr. underappreciated: Ah, what the heck.
啊,见鬼!
-Skeeter: and got eaten by crocodiles. The end.
crocodile: 鳄鱼
被鳄鱼吃了。完了。
-Patrick: The end? That can't be the end.
完了?不能这样结尾。
-Skeeter: Why? Why not?
为什么?为什么不能?
-Patrick: It's not happy.
happy: 高兴的
不是个团圆的结局。
-Skeeter: There aren't happy endings in real life. Sooner you guys know that, the better.
现实中根本没有大团圆的结尾。你们越早知道越好。
-Bobbi: It's not fair!
这不公平!
-Skeeter: What? What's not fair?
什么?不公平?
-Bobbi: I mean, shouldn't Sir Fix-A-Lot at least get a shot to be champion?
shot: 机会 champion: 冠军
我是说,勤修理爵士连个竞争的机会都得不到?
-Skeeter: A shot? Hmm...
竞争?嗯……
-Bobbi: If Sir Fix-A-Lot is better than Sir Butt-Kiss, he should get a chance to prove it.
如果勤修理爵士比马屁精爵士更优秀,他应该得到机会去证明。
-Skeeter: OK. Yeah, yeah, Bobbi, good.
嗯,好,对,很好,Bobbi
-Bobbi: What the king really said was...
国王真正说的是……
-The king: On second thought, there is another worthy man in my kingdom,
second thought: 重新考虑 second: 第二次的 thought: 思考 worthy: 值得的
我又想了一下,我觉得我们国家还有个能干的家伙,
and it wouldn't be fair unless he got a shot, too. Sir Fix-A-Lot!
fair: 公正的 shot: 机会
他应该获得机会来比试才比较公平。勤修理爵士!
-Skeeter: And then the crowd went nuts.
于是大家都乐疯了。
-Sir Butt-Kiss: But, Sir, Fix-A-Lot is as common as muck.
muck: 垃圾
不,陛下,勤修理只是个贱民!
-Skeeter: And Friar Fred drop-kicked a booing goblin.
goblin: 小地精
而爱薯条修士把那个喝倒彩的小地精踢出了门。
And the mermaid teacher did one of those weird tail dolphin moves.
mermaid: 美人鱼 weird: 怪异的 tail: 尾巴 dolphin: 海豚
美人鱼老师像海豚一样摆尾。
And Stinky and Smelly did the fastest Irish jig ever. Whoo-hoo-hoo! Yeah. Right on.
熏熏和臭臭跳了个史上最快快步舞。呜呼呼!好,继续。
Prince Bugsy busted out some fancy moves. And then... and then...
bust: 玩耍 fancy: 好玩的
Bugsy王子也耍起了杂技。然后……然后……
-Patrick: It started raining gumballs.
gumball: 口香糖
开始下口香糖雨。
-Skeeter: Raining gumballs?
口香糖雨?
-Patrick: Why not? It's a bedtime story. Anything can happen.
为什么不?这是睡前故事,任何事都可能发生。
-Skeeter: Yeah, yeah. I guess in a story. I just wish it was like that in real life. I really do.
好,好这只是个故事。我真希望这能在现实生活中发生。
What was that?
那是什么?
-Patrick: Bugsy.
Bugsy
-Skeeter: Oh. He rings that bell when he's hungry?
ring: 铃声,摇铃 hungry: 饥饿的
哦。它饿的时候会拉铃?
-Patrick: No, when he needs to go to sleep.
不,他睡前会拉铃。
-Skeeter: OK. As you wish, your Highness.
好吧,如你所愿,殿下。
All right, you guys, have a good sleep. You, too, uh, weird eyes.
好吧,你们好好睡吧。你也是,怪眼睛的家伙。
Well, I don't have much to work with, but I will make us,
好吧,我的原料不算多,但我会给你们做一顿,
a delicious breakfast that I know you will enjoy.
delicious: 美味的
你们喜欢的早餐。
Yes, some banana on the rice cake, and then what do we call this? Wheat germ.
wheat: 小麦 germ: 细菌,微生物
在米糕上放一些香蕉。然后是……这玩意叫什么呢?小麦芽菌?
I was told germs are bad for you, but here goes. I like it.
我听说细菌对我们不好。但还是加点吧,我喜欢。
A rice cake-banana-wheat germ sandwich. And what do we got? This is terrible.
terrible: 可怕的,恐怖的
香蕉小麦芽米糕三明治。那么,这种西怎么样?真难吃!
Doesn't your, your mother have taste buds?
bud: 花蕾
你们的妈妈没长味蕾么?
What are we doing here? We got nothing to use in this house.
我们在这儿干嘛?这房子里没什么可调味的。
Hang on. A little flavor. It's good because, now we don't have to brush our teeth.
hang on: 等一下 flavor: 调料
等一下!加点料。优点在于,我们可以不用刷牙了。
There you go. At least we got a little mint going on. Guys want one? Hang on. Hello!
mint: 薄荷
就这样,至少我们有了点薄荷味。你们要来点么?等一下。喂!
-Aspen: Bronson?
Bronson
The television set in Mr. Nottingham's room is broken and it needs to be fixed right away.
fix: 修理 right away: 马上
Nottingham先生房间里的电视坏了,而且现在就需要修理。
-Skeeter: I have a situation here. I'm watching my nephew and my niece.
situation: 状况 
我这里出了点状况,我在照顾我的侄子和侄女。
-Aspen: I'm sorry. Are you having difficulty hearing me?
对不起,你是不是没听清楚?
Mr. Nottingham wants to watch television now!
Nottingham先生现在就想看电视!
-Skeeter: I hear you. I speak trollinese, don't worry.
我听到了。我在用巨魔的语言和你说话。别担心。
There's a leprechaun behind you. Gotcha. Thanks a lot, gentlemen. OK.
leprechaun: 魔法精灵
有个小精灵在你背后哦!骗到你啦!谢谢,先生。
-Bobbi: Wow.
喔!
-Skeeter: It's pretty, huh?
很漂亮,对吧?
-Patrick: Whoa! I got to go fix my boss' television set, but I need somebody to watch you two.
喔啊!我要去给我的老板修电视,但我会找人照看你们。
-Journalists: Violet! Right here. Give a smile.
Violet!看这里,笑一下。
-Skeeter: Hang on. Violet! Skeeter Bronson, the handyman from the other day.
handyman: 能工巧匠
等下。Violet!我是Skeeter Bronson,那天的杂役。
-Violet: Oh, right. Yes.
嗯,没错。
-Skeeter: Listen, uh, I got some kids with me right now.
听我说,嗯,我这有两个孩子。
My nephew and niece. But, I gotta fix your father's TV. Could you watch them a few minutes?
我的侄子和侄女。但是我现在要去给你老爸修电视。你能帮我照看一会儿么?
-Violet: Huh?
啊?
-Skeeter: Yeah, yeah. All right, I'm going.
好了,好了,我马上就过去。
-Mr. Nottingham: Come in.
进来。
-Skeeter: Mr. Nottingham, sir?
Nottingham先生?
-Mr. Nottingham: Uh, the telly won't turn on.
嗯,电视开不了了。
-Skeeter: It won't? Well, let me just take a... tallyho at it, OK? I'll just flip this light on.
flip: 掷投
开不了?好,我来看下什么问题,,好么?让我放点光进来。
-Mr. Nottingham: No, no, no, no! Absolutely not! I'm fighting a cold here.
不,不,不,不!千万别!我正在和感冒作斗争。
I must stay in the dark whenever possible. Do you realize?
possible: 可能的 realize: 意识到
我必须尽可能呆在暗处。你知不知道?
germs can reproduce 80 percent faster in bright light?
reproduce: 繁殖 bright: 明亮的
病菌在光亮的地方繁殖速度会提高80%
-Skeeter: Oh, OK. Here we go, nice and dark again. The germs are confused.
confused: 困惑的
好,好,就这样。又暗了。这样病菌就给搞糊涂了。
-Mr. Nottingham: Come towards me.
过来我这里。
-Skeeter: OK. It's got to be around here somewhere.
好吧,你应该就在这附近了。
-Mr. Nottingham: For heaven's sake.
看在老天的份上!
-Skeeter: I'm so sorry, sir. I just can't see a thing.
对不起,先生,我看不清楚。
-Mr. Nottingham: To your left, there.
往左边走。
-Skeeter: Oh! There's the TV. So how's the, uh, new hotel coming, sir?
哦!电视在这儿。那么,新酒店怎么样了?
-Mr. Nottingham: Oh, very well. Still dealing with the city on building permits and whatnot.
deal with: 处理 permit: 许可
哦,很好。还在向规划部门申请建筑许可证。
-Skeeter: Uh-huh.
嗯,啊。
-Mr. Nottingham: I can't tell you the secret theme. It's so good, we don't want anyone to steal it.
theme: 主题
我不能告诉你秘密主题。它真是太好了,我们不希望有人剽窃。
-Skeeter: I hear you, sir
明白了,先生。
-Mr. Nottingham: OK, I'll tell you. Come along, sit down. Please.
好,还是告诉你吧。过来坐下。
-Skeeter: Great.
很好。
-Mr. Nottingham: Ready? Rock and roll. Vintage vinyl. Music memorabilia in the lobby.
memorabilia: 纪念品,值得纪念的事 lobby: 大厅
准备好了?摇滚。Vintage vinyl。在前厅里放上和音乐有关的纪念品。
-Skeeter: Oh, OK. Like, uh, like the Hard Rock?
啊,好,就像Hard Rock酒店那样?
-Mr. Nottingham: The What What?
什么什么?
-Skeeter: The Hard Rock Hotel. They've been using that theme for, like, years.
Hard Rock酒店。他们用那个主题已经很多年了。
-Mr. Nottingham: Get Kendall Duncan up here straightaway, please.
straightaway: 直接地
快去把Kendall Duncan叫过来!
-Violet: What a perfect little powder puff. Thank you. So, Patrick, truth or dare?
powder:  puff: 粉扑 truth: 真实,真相 dare: 大胆的
多么可爱的粉扑。谢谢。那么,Patrick,来玩真心话还是大冒险?
-Patrick: Truth?
真心话?
-Violet: How old were you the first time you kissed a girl?
你第一次吻女孩的时候是几岁?
-Bobbi: Patrick never kissed a girl.
他没吻过。
-Patrick: Girls are bis-crusting. Except for Trisha Sparks.
女孩就像饼干皮一样没劲,除了Trisha Sparks
-Violet: Ooh, is that a girl in your class, you little Romeo?
哦,你这个小罗密欧,她是你同班同学?
-Jill: Hey, guys.
嘿,小家伙们。
-Patrick: Hi, Aunt Jill, did you get the note we left you?
嗨,吉尔阿姨。你看到我们给你的便条了?
-Jill: Yes, I did. And, uh, now we have to get you guys ready for school. So, come on.
是的。好了,现在我们要准备上学了,好么?
-Violet: Hi.
嗨。
-Jill: Hi. Oh, hey. You're, uh...
嗨。嗯,你是……
-Violet: Uh-huh. Here's your fat mouse.
嗯,这是你的胖老鼠。
-Jill: It's a guinea pig, but...
是豚鼠,不过……
-Violet: And you, young man... I want to hear all about this little Trisha Sparks next time I see you.
你,小伙子……下次再见一定要听你说说这个Trisha Sparks的事情。
-Jill: Trisha Sparks is two years older than you.
她比你大两岁。
-Patrick: She's hot.
但是她很靓。
-Mr. Nottingham: I'm very disappointed in you, Kendall. We almost made an apocalyptic mistake.
disappointed: 失望的  apocalyptic: 预示灾祸的,灾难性的 mistake: 错误
我对你非常失望,Kendall。我们差点犯了个巨大的错误。
This rock and roll idea of yours is old hat.
你这个摇滚主题已经老掉牙了。
-Kendall Duncan: Well, sir, I had every intention of putting our own spin on it.
intention: 打算 spin: 旋转,疾驰
先生,我已经竭尽全力在其中加入新意了。
-Mr. Nottingham: Do you know what, Skeeter?
你知道么,Skeeter
I'm starting to get a fuzzy recollection of something I said to your father.
fuzzy: 模糊的 recollection: 回忆
我模模糊糊地想起了一些话,一些我对你父亲说过的话。
In fact, I am going to give you a shot.
事实上,我打算给你一次机会。
If you can come up with a better theme than Kendall does,
come up with: 想出,提出
如果你能想出比Kendall更好的主意,
I'll let you run the new place instead.
我就让你来经营新酒店。
-Kendall Duncan: Oh, sir. Don't you think this is perhaps a little too much of a cruel joke
cruel: 残酷的
哦,先生,难道您不觉得对一个开这样的玩笑有点太残酷了……
to be playing on somebody as... well, the, the maintenance guy?
maintenance: 维持,保持
对一个勤杂工……
-Mr. Nottingham: No, I don't.
不,我不觉得。
-Kendall Duncan: No.
不是。
-Mr. Nottingham: Mr. Bronson has been working for this company for 25 years.
Bronson先生在这儿工作了25年。
I'm beginning to think I may have seriously underdemeciated him.
我开始觉得我非常严重地“嘀咕”了他。
-Kendall Duncan: I'm sorry. "Underdemeciated"?
抱歉,“嘀咕”?
-Mr. Nottingham: Precisely. You can both present your ideas at my birthday party this weekend.
present: 展示 birthday: 生日
没错,你们俩可以在周末我的生日聚会上展示你们的点子。
Thank you, Kendall. That is all. Mr. Bronson, the television, if you would.
谢谢,Kendall,就这些。Bronson先生,电视机。如果你能修的话。
Oh, and do watch out for the germ vaporizer.
vaporizer: 喷雾器
噢,小心杀菌喷雾器。
-Skeeter: The best day of my life!
我这辈子最棒的一天!
 
-Skeeter: “Amadeus Amadeus
Amadeus Oh! Amadeus Yeah, yeah, yeah!
Amadeus Amadeus Amadeus
Ooh, rock me Amadeus
Amadeus Amadeus.”
 
Whoa. I like your car, pal.
喔,我喜欢你的车,老兄。
-Ferrari driver: Hey, thanks, champ. You know what they say.
嘿,多谢,冠军。你知道别人怎么说吗?
You want to be the best, you got to drive the best.
最棒的人就该开最棒的。
-Skeeter: Hey, uh, not to get personal, but what's a sweet ride like that cost, anyways?
personal: 私人的 cost: 花费,花钱
嘿,呃,不是针对你个人,这么拉风的车多少钱?
-Ferrari driver: You know what? Actually it's surprisingly affordable.
surprisingly: 令人惊奇地 affordable: 可承受的,支付得起的
你知道吗?其实你是买得起的。
-Skeeter: Yeah?
是吗?
-Ferrari driver: If you saved every paycheck you earn for the rest of your life
paycheck: 薪金
如果你把下半辈子挣的钱都攒下来,
and then multiply it by ten, you could probably buy my muffler. Ah-ooga!
multiply: 乘以 muffler: 围巾,手套,消声器
然后再乘以十倍估计就能买个消声器。啊-喔!
-Skeeter: Oh, you wanna drag race, do you? You win! Good job. What? This is spooky.
drag: 拖,拽 race: 比赛 spooky: 幽灵般的
噢,你想来比比?你赢了!干得好。怎么了?这可太妖了!
-Man: You've got to be kidding me! Look at this. I'm losing all my candy.
你在耍我吧!看看,我的糖全没了。
How can you not see a 50-foot trailer? Come on.
trailer: 拖车
50英尺长的拖车你都没看见?
-Aspen: So you have to compete for your job with Skeeter Bronson. You'll annihilate him.
compete: 竞争 annihilate: 消减,废止
那么你要和Skeeter Bronson争这份工作了,你会灭了他的。
-Kendall Duncan: Oh, I know. It's just a little degrading, that's all. Thanks for being there.
degrading: 有失身份的
噢,我知道。只是有点掉面子罢了。谢谢支持。
-Aspen: I'll be there as long as there's a there to be at. Oh, hello, children.
只要有需要我会一直支持你的。噢,你好啊,孩子们。
-Jill: We're looking for Skeeter Bronson.
我们在找Skeeter Bronson
-Aspen: Oh, Mr. Bronson. Yes, you'll find him in room 109.
噢,Bronson先生。当然,你可以去109房找他。
-Jill: OK.
好的。
-Aspen: Please, this way.
请这边走。
-Aspen: Oh, my God! Did you see that thing?
噢,老天!你看到那个东西没?
-Kendall Duncan: Those eyes. They were, they were staring into my, my very soul.
stare: 盯着 soul: 灵魂
那双眼睛好像,好像能看到我的内心。
-Bobbi: Hey, Uncle Skeeter!
嘿,Skeeter叔叔!
-Skeeter: Hey! Just who I wanted to see.
嘿!正想见你们。
-Jill: Hey, chief, here's Bugsy.
嗨,老大,这是Bugsy
-Skeeter: Got him.
给我。
-Jill: Why do they have to stay here?
他们为什么要在这儿?
-Skeeter: Because I'm on call tonight, Jennifer.
Jennifer,因为我今晚值班。
-Jill: It's Jill, actually, Scooter.
事实上,我叫JillScooter
-Skeeter: It is? OK, yeah...
是吗?好的……
-Jill: You did not just do that.
你刚刚不应该这么做。
-Skeeter: I did. Watch. I'm gonna do it again. So, guys, anything weird happen to you today?
weird: 诡异的
我就这么做,等着,再来一遍。那么,小家伙们,今天出过什么怪事吗?
-Patrick: I had a substitute teacher with an eye patch.
substitute: 代理,隶属于 patch: 掩饰
来了个戴眼罩的代课老师。
-Skeeter: Uh... that's a little weird. I'm talking like big-time weird.
呃……那是有点怪。我是说特别怪的事。
Maybe coincidence weird, uh... as in gumball weird?
coincidence: 巧合 gumball: 香糖
比如奇特的巧合,呃……比如怪怪的口香糖?
-Bobbi: We're not allowed to chew gum.
我们不准吃口香糖。
-Skeeter: Of course you're not. You guys want to go to sleep?
当然不能,你们想去睡觉吗?
-Patrick: It's only 5:30.
530
-Bobbi: And we haven't had dinner.
我们还没吃晚饭。
-Skeeter: Hmm. OK. Room service!
service: 服务
嗯,好吧。客房服务!
-Mickey: So you've never been skateboarding? You've never played video games?
skateboard: 滑板
那么你们从来没有玩过滑板?从来没有打过游戏机?
-Bobbi: Mom says they rot your brain.
rot: 腐烂
妈妈说那会让脑子坏掉的。
-Mickey: That's not true. I've been playing video games my whole life, and look at me.
那不对,我打了一辈子游戏机。看看我。
Yeah, maybe she's got a point. You. You've never eaten bacon?
bacon: 熏肉
对,也许她说得有道理。你,你从来没有吃过熏肉?
-Patrick: What's bacon?
什么是熏肉?
-Mickey: Bacon is the juicy, fatty part of the pig right adjacent to the rear.
juicy: 多汁的 fatty: 肥美的 adjacent: 临近的 rear: 后面
熏肉是猪身上最肥最美的部分,靠近屁股那块。
But delicious and tasty, not how I just made it sound.
delicious: 可口的
但是很好吃很可口,我这可不是吹牛哦!
-Skeeter: And this is the first hamburger you've ever eaten?
你们这是第一次吃汉堡包?
What's the verdict? What do you think?
什么感觉?你怎么想?
-Bobbi: Life-changing.
生命改变了。
-Patrick: Mom's gonna kill us.
妈妈会杀了我们。
-Skeeter: No, she isn't. First of all, she's never gonna find out about this.
不,她不会。首先,她绝对不会发现的。
And second of all, she used to eat plenty of hamburgers.
然后,她自己也吃过一堆汉堡包。
when we were growing up in this very room.
就在这个我们从小长大的地方。
-Bobbi and Patrick: She did?
她吃过?
-Mickey: Looks like Bugsy's eaten a lot of burgers in the last ten minutes.
Bugsy好像在十分钟里吃了一堆汉堡。
-Skeeter: Wow!
哇!
-Mickey: He keeps going like that; we could make bacon out of Bugsy.
它要是再这么吃下去,我们就可以用Bugsy做熏肉了。
-Skeeter: He's kidding, Bugsy. Take it easy. OK. Let's get you carnivores to bed.
carnivore: 肉食动物
他开玩笑的,Bugsy,别紧张。好了,让我带你们两个食肉动物去睡觉吧。
I got a, a new story I want to lay on you. What do you think of cowboys and Indians?
lay on: 提供 cowboy: 牛仔 Indian: 印第安人(的)
我有一个……新故事要讲给你们听。你们觉得牛仔和印第安人的故事怎么样?
-Mickey: Oh, yes, tonight's the night! I just like cowboys and Indians because of the conflict.
conflict: 冲突
噢,好,今晚一定很精彩!我喜欢牛仔和印第安人的故事,因为会打起来。
-Skeeter: OK, once upon a time in the Old West, before room service was even invented...
invent: 发明
从前在美国西部那时还没有客房服务……
...there was a farm hand named Jeremiah Skeets.
有一个牛仔叫Jeremiah Skeets
He was looking to get ahead in the world, but was having a problem.
他正要闯荡江湖,但是却出了点问题。
with his current mode of transportation.
transportation: 交通工具
他的交通工具有点毛病。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Uh, that was my horse. That wasn't me, everybody.
呃,是我的马放的,不是我。
-Skeeter: Someone once told Jeremiah that if he wanted to be the best,
有人曾经告诉Jeremiah说如果他想成为最棒的,
he'd have to ride the best.
他就该骑最棒的马。
-Jeremiah Skeets: You mind showing me your finest horse?
你介意给我看看你最好的马吗?
-Ferrari guy: My ancestors believe horse spirit come down from mountain during time of fire, wind.
Ferrari: 法拉利 ancestor: 祖先 spirit: 精神
我的祖先们相信马的灵魂。在火与风的时代从山中走来。
Many brave warrior walk trail of moon bear...
许多勇敢的战士沿着月光踏上了……
-Jeremiah Skeets: OK. Look, I just want to see your finest horse, not a whole thing there.
好吧,听着,我只想看你最好的马,而不是听你说故事。
-Ferrari guy: Sorry. I can do it.
对不起,可以。
-Jeremiah Skeets: All right.
好。
-Ferrari guy: Screaming Rooster, bring out Ferrari.
screaming: 尖叫的 rooster: 公鸡,雄鸡
尖叫的雄鸡,把Ferrari牵来。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Ferrari. Oh, my. Oh, my, oh, my! Look at that.
Ferrari。噢,老天!噢,老天,噢,老天!看看它。
(Whinnies like a racing engine)Whoa!
哇!
-Jeremiah Skeets: I would get automatic respect riding such a beautiful animal,
automatic: 自动的 respect: 方面 beautiful: 漂亮的,美丽的 animal: 动物
如果骑上这么漂亮的马,我一定能让人刮目相看。
but I'm afraid that's just a bit out of my price range.
price: 价格 range: 范围
但恐怕我有点负担不起。
-Ferrari guy: Tell you what, white bread. I'll give you Ferrari... for free!
告诉你,白人小子。我会把Ferrari送给你……免费!
-Skeeter: Boo-yah! The end. I love it.
-呀!完了,我喜欢。
-Mickey: Brilliant story. So he got the Ferrari for free. I love that. I love that.
brilliant: 聪明的,好的 Ferrari: 法拉利
非常好的故事!那么他免费得了Ferrari。我喜欢,我喜欢。
-Patrick: A guy getting a free horse? That's not a good story.
一个家伙得到了白送的马?这不是个好故事。
-Mickey: Where's the arc? There's no arc. I've not learned anything.
arc: 弧,曲折 learn: 学习
曲折呢?没有曲折,我什么也没学到。
Also, you've got a moral obligation to them. What are they gonna walk away from that with?
moral: 道德上的 obligation: 义务,责任
你需要对他们进行道德教育。这种故事能让他们学到什么?
-Skeeter: I didn't know we were doing an After School Special.
我还不知道我们在做课后特别辅导。
-Bobbi: Why can't he do something a real gentleman would do, like save a damsel in distress?
gentleman: 绅士 damsel: 千金,小姐 distress: 困境
为什么他不能像个真正的绅士那样,比如说解救落难的千金小姐?
-Skeeter: Not a bad idea, munchkin. OK. So, uh... let's continue.
主意不错,小东西。好吧,那么,呃……继续讲。
-Bobbi: Jeremiah was out for a ride when...
Jeremiah正在骑马的时候……
-A damsel: Oh, please, don't!
噢,请不要!
-Men: Give us that jewelry.
jewelry: 珠宝
把首饰给我们。
-A damsel: You want my pearls? Help! Please!
你要首饰?救命!救命!
-Jeremiah Skeets: Yah! Yah! Yah! Whoo!
耶!耶!耶!哇!
-A damsel: Oh, my necklace? Here, take it.
噢,项链?给,拿去。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Come on, boy!
快跑!
-A damsel: Here.
给你们!
-Men: What else you got, sweetie?
宝贝,你还有什么?
-A damsel: Help! Help!
救命!救命!
-Jeremiah Skeets: Leave the lady alone! Care for a lift, ma'am? Yeah.
放开这位女士!搭您一程,女士?
-A damsel: Oh! Nice horse.
噢!真是好马!
-Jeremiah Skeets: Oh, what, this old thing?
噢,什么,这个老家伙?
Now, any of you gentlemen want to give the nice lady her stuff back?
你们这些人愿意把漂亮女士的东西还回来吗?
-Men: Not a chance…
不可能……
-Jeremiah Skeets: Not a chance, huh? Because I beg to differ!
没机会?恕我不同意!
-A damsel: My hero..
我的英雄。
-Jeremiah Skeets: I like that
我喜欢这个称呼。
-Skeeter: So Jeremiah spirited Miss Davenport away to safety, when she says...
于是JeremiahDavenport小姐脱了险,她说……
-A damsel: Shall we go drink champagne in a nearby hot tub?
champagne: 香槟酒 hot tub: 热浴,浴盆
我们去附近的浴盆喝香槟怎么样?
-Patrick: Hot tub?
浴盆?
-Skeeter: Mmm. Uh, yeah. No.
嗯。呃,是啊,呃……不是。
I was saying that because I wanted to see if you two were paying attention.
pay attention: 注意
我之所以那么说是要看看你们俩有没有在听。
What happened was Jeremiah dropped Miss Davenport off in the nearest town, safe and sound.
drop off: 送往,拜访 safe and sound: 安然无恙的
JeremiahDavenport小姐,毫发无伤地送到最近的镇子。
-A damsel: How ever can I thank you, sir?
先生,我该怎么谢你呢?
-Jeremiah Skeets: Ah, no thanks necessary, ma'am.
啊,没必要谢我,女士。
-A damsel: But I do insist on expressing my gratitude in some manner.
insist on: 坚持 express: 表达 gratitude: 谢意,感激
但我坚持要表达一下我的谢意。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Fair enough. I'll take... $100 million.
也好,那我就要……1亿美金。
-Skeeter: The end. Let's hope it works.
讲完了,希望这故事有用。
-Mickey: Very well written, brilliantly constructed.
construct: 构思,结构
讲得好,构思巧妙。
-Bobbi: Jeremiah wouldn't take money for doing a good deed.
Jeremiah不能因为做好事而收钱。
-Skeeter: Uh... I know Jeremiah a lot better than you guys.
呃……我比你们更了解Jeremiah
And believe me; he'd be all over that. He loves money.
而且相信我,他很高兴,他爱钱。
-Mickey: Mmm! I don't want that. Go back, rewrite. Rewrite.
嗯!我不喜欢。再来,重新讲,重新讲。
-Patrick: Gentlemen don't get paid.
绅士都是不要钱的。
-Skeeter: Will you just... Who's telling the story here?
你能不能……到底是谁讲故事?
-Bobbi: It should really end more like this.
应该是这样的结尾。
-A damsel: Well, I must give you some token of my appreciation.
token: 表征,记号 appreciation: 谢意,赞赏
我必须给你一些东西来表达我的谢意。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Oh, no.
噢,不用了。
-A damsel: Perhaps... a kiss?
那么……一个吻?
-Jeremiah Skeets: Touchdown.
touchdown: 触地得分
就要这个。
-Patrick: Then an angry dwarf kicks him.
dwarf: 小矮人 kick:
然后一个生气的小矮人踢了他。
-Jeremiah Skeets: Ow! What the heck did you do that for?
噢!你他妈为什么踢我?
-An angry dwarf: Because I'm angry.
因为我很生气!
-Dwarfs: Go! Let's go!
走!我们走!
-Jeremiah Skeets: I didn't do nothing to you!
我又没对你做什么!
-Patrick: The end.
完了。
-Skeeter: You know what? Laugh as much as you want. I'll take a Ferrari
你们知道吗?尽管笑吧,我会要Ferrari的。
and a kiss any day of the week.
还要每天一个香吻。
-Mickey: I'd just like to kiss a Ferrari.
我只想吻Ferrari
-Skeeter: All right. Good night.
好吧,晚安了。
-Patrick: Good night, Uncle Skeeter.
晚安,Skeeter叔叔。
-Skeeter: Good night, home slice.
晚安,好朋友。
-Bobbi: Thanks for the stories.
谢谢你的故事。
-Skeeter: You came up with all the good parts, Bobbi. Good night, y'all.
Bobbi,最精彩的部分都是你讲的。大家晚安。
-Mickey: You too there, Bugsy.
Bugsy,晚安。
And then braids look fantastic. They've taken years off you.
braid: 辫子 fantastic: 奇妙的
你的辫子真帅,一定花了不少时间吧。
-Skeeter: You mind sleeping over? I'm gonna duck out a few hours.
 duck out: 出去,溜达
你介意在这儿睡吗?我要出去几个小时。
-Mickey: Oh, yeah, yeah. Mmm. By the way, um, I am, uh, legally obliged to tell you,
legally: 合法地 obliged: 应该,有义务
噢,好,好嗯,但是,嗯……我,嗯,有责任告诉你,
that I suffer from... sleep panic disorder.
suffer from: 遭受 panic: 痛苦的 disorder: 杂乱
我有……睡眠惊恐症。
-Skeeter: OK, what's, uh, sleep panic disorder?
哦,什么是睡眠惊恐症?
-Mickey: Believe me, you don't want to know.
相信我,你不会想知道的。
-Skeeter: What am I thinking? Why would anyone give me a free Ferrari?
我在想什么?怎么会有人白送给我一辆Ferrari
I must be losing my mind.
我一定是疯了。
-Ferrari guy: Much power of the horse underneath that hood. Hello.
underneath: 下面 hood: 帽子
那辆车的马力一定很强劲。你好。
-Skeeter: Are you the guy I'm supposed to see?
你是我要见的人吗?
-Ferrari guy: I'm here, aren't I?
我就在这里,不是吗?
-Skeeter: So... am I about to get a cherry red Ferrari?
cherry: 樱桃红的
那么……我可以得到这辆樱桃红的Ferrari
-Ferrari guy: I don't see why not.
我看不出来有什么不可以。
-Skeeter: For... free?
不要钱?
-Ferrari guy: Sounds good to... me!
听起来很棒!
-Skeeter: What do I do now? Eat a gumball or something?
gumball: 口香糖
我现在该做什么?嚼口香糖还是别的什么?
-Ferrari guy: Yes.
是的。
-Skeeter: Fell out of the sky, right?
从天上掉下来的,对吧?
-Ferrari guy: Yeah. Shh!
当然。嘘!
-Skeeter: Oh! Shh.
噢!嘘!
-Ferrari guy: I won't tell nobody. Now, close your eyes and count to three.
我不会告诉别人的。现在,闭上你的眼睛,然后数到三。
-Skeeter: OK.
好的。
-Ferrari guy: Then it's all gonna happen.
然后一切都会实现。
-Skeeter: No.
不是吧。
-Ferrari guy: Yeah.
是啊。
-Skeeter: One, two...
一,二……
-Ferrari guy: Yeah.
耶。
-Skeeter: Three. Ferrari! Hey! My wallet!
三。Ferrari!嘿!我的钱包!
-Ferrari guy: Not anymore!
不归你了!
-Violet: Excuse me. Hi, boys. OK, thank you. Thanks, guys. Sorry. I'm just trying to find my car.
请让一下,嗨,小伙子们。好,谢谢。谢谢你们。抱歉,我要找我的车。
-Skeeter: Good thing my wallet only had three dollars in it. And my Derek Jeter baseball card!
好消息是钱包里只有三块钱。还有明星Derek Jeter的棒球卡!
-Violet: Guys, guys, stop, please. You've had enough, now. Thank you. Stop!
伙计,伙计,够了,够了!你们已经照够了,谢谢。够了!
-Men: Come on, man!
干嘛,老兄!
-Skeeter: Care for a lift, ma'am?
搭您一程,女士?
-Violet: Skeeter? Skeeter Bronson?
SkeeterSkeeter Bronson
-Skeeter: Yes, ma'am. What do you say you boys give the pretty lady back the pictures you took?
是的,小姐。你们这些家伙把照片都还给这位漂亮女士?
Sure about that, now? Because I beg to differ.
确定?因为恕我不同意了。
-Men: Guy's got a gun!
他有枪!
-Skeeter: I'm just happy they didn't make me use this thing.
我真高兴他们还没让我用上这个。
-Violet: My hero.
我的英雄!
-Skeeter: Really?
真的吗?
-Violet: That was brilliant, Skeeter.
Skeeter,你太聪明了。
-Skeeter: I don't know what happened. Something came over me.
我都不知道发生了什么。然后我就想到了。
It felt good. It felt really good.
感觉很好,感觉真的很好。
-Violet: How am I ever going to thank you?
我该怎么感谢你呢?
-Skeeter: Hmm. No thanks is necessary, ma'am?
嗯。没必要谢我,女士?
-Violet: Oh, am I in the presence of a gentleman?
噢,难道我遇到了一个绅士?
-Skeeter: At your service, ma'am.
愿意为您效劳,小姐。
-Violet: Well, I must show my appreciation in some form. Ow!
 appreciation: 感激,谢意
呃,我必须表示下我的感谢。嗷!
-An angry dwarf: Consider yourself big people-bashed, sucker.
你就当是被大个子打了吧,臭小子。
-Skeeter: I knew you were gonna show up.
show up: 出现
我就知道你会出现。
-An angry dwarf: Get in the Gremlin, Jimmy, before Sasquatch calls the cops.
Jimmy,进来小鬼。小心Sasquatch叫警察。
Yeah, bcause that's how we do what we do, right? That's what you get, buddy.
耶,我们就是这么干的,不是吗?老兄,这是你应得的。
Oh! Oh! Oh! Let's go! Yeah! Pull me in. Let's get out of here. Pull me in! Big people stink!
stink: 臭的
噢!噢!噢!我们走!耶!拉我进去。我们离开这儿,拉我进来!大个子真臭。
-Skeeter: OK, well, you don't see that every day.
好吧,呃,你不会每天都遇到这种事的。
-Violet: Indeed. And on that strange note, I bid you good night.
strange: 奇怪的 bid: 给,命令,祝福
当然,尽管有点奇怪,但还是祝你晚安。
-Skeeter: Yes, yes. Oh! Oh! All right, so that's how I'm getting it.
当然,当然。噢!噢!好吧,这就是我应得的。
-Violet: Getting what?
应得什么?
-Skeeter: This is just... I shouldn't. I, I couldn't. You know what? I can. I'm gonna take it.
这个……我不能……我,我不能,你知道吗?我可以,我要拿走这个了。
-Violet: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Skeeter: I'm talking about a very generous girl,
generous: 大方的,慷慨的
我在说一个慷慨大方的女孩儿,
who wants to give her rescuer a cherry red Ferrari... for free! This is sick!
rescuer: 拯救者 cherry: 樱桃红的
要白白送给她的护花使者一辆……樱桃红的法拉利!真是太尴尬了!
-Violet: Well, uh, good luck with that. I'm just going to go.
呃,祝你好运,我要走了。
-Skeeter: What do you mean? Do you have another one at your house?
什么意思?你家有另外一辆车吗?
Am I, am I supposed to follow you or something? So seriously, no, no Ferrari?
我,我应该跟着你还是?是认真的,没有,没有Ferrari了?
-Skeeter: Where's the $100 million, at least?! Boo!
at least: 至少 boo: 嘘声,用嘘声表示不满\蔑视或反对
至少,还有1亿美金吧?!卟!
-TV: Hey, hey, hey! Get your own champion vehicle.
champion: 冠军 vehicle: 交通工具,车辆
嘿,嘿,嘿!得到你们的冠军车。
-Skeeter: Yeah.
进来。
-Jill: Hi.
嗨。
-Both: Hey, Aunt Jill.
嘿,Jill阿姨。
-Jill: Hey, guys. How did last night go?
嘿,伙计们,昨晚过的怎么样?
-Skeeter: An angry dwarf kicked me in the leg, and I didn't get a free Ferrari. So there you go.
dwarf: 矮子,侏儒 kick:  there you go: 这下你会懂了
一个生气的小矮人踢了我的腿,我也没得到白送的法拉利。就是这些。
-Jill: Oh. How sad.
噢,真惨。
-Bobbi: He's talking about our bedtime story.
bedtime: 就寝时间
他在说我们的睡前故事。
-Jill: Oh.
噢。
-Patrick: Uncle Skeeter said Jeremiah would get a new horse and a kiss,
Skeeter叔叔说,Jeremiah会得到一匹新马和一个吻,
but I said the dwarf would kick him.
但是我说小矮人会踢他的。
-Skeeter: You said it. Maybe that's how it works. The kids control the stories.
work: 奏效 control: 控制
是你说的。也许就是这样。孩子决定故事。
And there are the wind chimes. You know what that means.
wind chimes: 风铃 
然后铃声一响,你知道那是什么意思。
-Jill: What what means?
什么意思?
-Skeeter: Huh? Nothing. Don't worry about it.
呃?没什么,别担心。
-Jill: I won't. OK, guys. Um, what is Bugsy doing?
guy: 人,家伙
我不担心。好的,伙计们。呃,Bugsy在干嘛?
-Bobbi: Working off the hamburgers he ate last night.
work off: 渐渐消除,清除 hamburgers: 汉堡包
消耗它昨天吃的汉堡包。
-Skeeter: Yes, I gave Bugsy some hamburgers,
是,我给了Bugsy一些汉堡,
but I gave the children that wheat germ stuff, because that's what they love.
wheat germ: 麦芽 stuff: 材料,原料,东西
但是我给孩子们吃的麦芽片,因为他们喜欢吃。
-Jill: I guess it's, uh, Bugsy watching the TV then too?
guess: 猜测,推测,猜想 
我猜,呃,Bugsy还看了电视的?
-Skeeter: Yeah, I flipped that on and, look, he's glued to it.
flip on: 在频道之间来回切换 flip: 掷,弹,轻击 glue to:老看着某物 glue: 粘,粘住
是啊,我刚打开它就盯上了。
-Mickey: I'm innocent!
innocent: 无罪的,无辜的
我是无辜的!
-Jill: What was that?
怎么回事?
-Skeeter: Uh... that was the sleep panic disorder, I believe.
panic: 恐慌,惊惶 disorder: 杂乱,混乱
我猜,那是睡眠惊恐症。
-Jill: Why don't we, uh, get out of here before the next attack?
attack: 疾病发作
为什么我们不在他下一次发作前离开这儿呢。
-Skeeter: Whoa, whoa, whoa. Give your uncle a kiss. I'm a relative, I deserve it.
relative: 亲戚,亲属 deserve: 应该得到
喔,喔,喔过来给叔叔一个吻。我是你们的亲戚,我应得的。
Right there. Oh, that felt nice. How about one more for the road?
one more: 再一个,又一个
就这里。噢,感觉很美。再来一个怎么样?
-Jill: No.
不要。
-Skeeter: Come on, baby!
来嘛,宝贝!
-Patrick: Don't worry, we'll be back tonight.
别担心,晚上我们会回来的。
-Skeeter: Yeah, no, I'm not worried. You're coming back,
当然,不,我不担心。你们要回来,
we got a big story tonight! About some hotel theme ideas! Yeah!
theme: 题目,主题
我们晚上还要讲故事!关于酒店的故事!耶!
-Bobbi:  Maybe we won't come back.
也许我们不会回来了。
-Skeeter:  What?
什么?
-Kendall: Skeeter?
Skeeter
-Skeeter: Sir Butt-Kiss. Sir... Kendall.
马屁精爵士,Kendall…先生。
-Kendall: I understand that you feel a need to prepare for our little... showdown.
showdown: 摊牌,决战
我明白你需要准备,我们之间小小的对决。
-Skeeter: Yeah.
是。
-Kendall: That does not excuse you from maintenance responsibilities.
excuse: 借口,理由 maintenance: 维修 responsibility: 责任,职责
但那不能成为你怠工的借口。
-Skeeter: Oh, no. Check.
check: 检查,核对,打勾,标上钩形记号
,不是,记住了。
-Kendall: Lights are out in the spa.
SPA的灯坏了。
-Skeeter: Check.
记住了。
-Kendall: The south service elevator is slow. Let me try that cheesecake.
service elevator: <>员工或送货人使用的电梯 cheesecake: 酪饼
南面的送货电梯变慢了。让我尝尝这个酪饼。
Oh, another thing. I heard about your big hero act with my girlfriend last night.
act: 行为
噢,还有。我听说了,你昨晚帮我女朋友解围的英雄事迹。
-Skeeter: This paparazzo was...
paparazzi: 专门追逐名人偷拍照片的摄影者
那些狗仔队
-Kendall: I know what it is you're trying to do, and it's not gonna work.
gonna: <> 将要(=going to)
我知道你想要干什么,但不会有用的。
You have to find another way to cozy up to the old man because I'm here to tell you,
cozy up: 奉承,拼命巴结,向讨好 cozy: 舒适的 
你得另外想办法巴结那个老头,但是我要告诉你,
Violet Nottingham is not gonna date a gum-scraping handyman.
date: 约会 scrape: 刮掉,擦掉 handyman: 杂工
Violet Nottingham是不会跟一个刮口香糖的勤杂工约会的。
-Skeeter: Hey, Kendall. Two things. First off, you got something right there.
first off: 首先(起先,开始时)
嘿,Kendall。两件事,第一,你这儿粘了点东西。
Yeah, now, use your hands. That's disturbing to see. Good.
disturbing: 烦人的 
对,对,用手擦,真难看。好的。
Secondly, when I get the job at the new hotel,
第二,等我得到新酒店的那份工作,
I was actually considering keeping you on, so watch your tone with me.
actually: 实际上 consider: 考虑 tone: 音调,语气
我会考虑留用你的,所以请注意你跟我说话的口气。
-Kendall: Your brief little trip to the land of make-believe is just about over, my friend. OK?
land of make-believe: 幻想的国度
你这段小小的白日梦也该醒了,伙计,明白吗?
We all know your failed father ran this hotel into the ground, and thankfully,
to the ground: 彻底地,把烧成灰 thankfully: 谢天谢地
我们都知道,你那个失败的爸爸把酒店办得一团糟,谢天谢地,
you will not get the chance to make the same mistake all over again.
all over again: 再一次,重新
你不会有机会再犯同样的错误了。
May want to pick that up.
也许你能把蛋糕捡起来。
-Kendall: It's Duncan.
我是Duncan
-Aspen: Lover, hello.
亲爱的,你好。
-Kendall: I'm looking for the hotel site.
我在找酒店的地址。
-Aspen: I gave you the address, macho bunny.
macho: 男子的,男子气的 bunny: 小兔子
我给你地址了,兔子大丈夫。
-Kendall: The address you gave me is no good. There's a school here.
你给我的地址不对,这里有个学校。
-Aspen: Oh, what school?
,什么学校?
-Kendall: Webster Elementary School.
Elementary School: 小学 elementary: 初级的,基本的
Webster小学。
-Aspen: Oh, then you're in the right place.
噢,那你走对了
-Kendall: Is that so?
是吗?
-Aspen: This school is being shut down.
shut down: 停工,关闭 shut: 关闭的,合拢的
学校就要关门了。
-Kendall: Uh-huh.
呃哈。
-Aspen: The old man pulled a few strings at the board of education.
pull: ,,操纵  strings: 绳子 board of education: 学校董事会 board: 董事会
老家伙暗中操纵了学校董事会。
-Kendall: Really?
是吗?
-Aspen: We start demolition immediately.
demolition: 拆除,拆毁
我们很快就要把那里炸了。
-Kendall: That is very exciting news.
真是令人兴奋的消息。
-Aspen: Oh, Pinky.
噢,小粉红
-Skeeter: Hello!
喂!
-Wendy: Skeeter? Hey, it's Wendy.
Skeeter?嘿,是Wendy啊。
-Skeeter: Hey, sissy.
嘿,姐姐。
-Wendy: Hey. How's it going? Are the kids OK?
嘿,怎么样?孩子们还好吗?
-Skeeter: Oh, yeah. We're having a blast.
have a blast: 【玩的很尽兴】 blast: 爆破
噢,耶,我们玩的很爽。
That was impressive, Bobbi, but Uncle Skeeter can jump over the couch the long way.
impressive: 令人印象深刻的 couch: 长椅
那让人印象很深刻,Bobbi,很不错。不过Skeeter叔叔能从长椅的一头跳到另一头。
-Wendy: Skeeter, can I talk to them?
Skeeter,我能跟他们说话吗?
-Skeeter: No, I'm taking them camping.
camping: 野营,露营
不行,我在带他们野营。
-Wendy: No?
不行?
-Skeeter: Have fun in Arizona. Bye!
祝你在亚利桑那过得愉快,再见!
-Wendy: Camping? No, Skeeter, they could get poison ivy!
poison: 有毒的 ivy: 常春藤
野营?不,Skeeter,他们可能被毒藤缠上!
-Skeeter: Let's go. Quietly.
我们走,悄悄地。
-Patrick: Where are we going?
我们去哪儿?
-Skeeter: Someplace special fools.
special: 特别的,专门的
有趣的地方,傻瓜。
-Bugsy: Whoo-hoo!
-唔!
-Skeeter: Now march, march, march, march...
现在齐步走,齐步走,齐步走
“I don't know but it's been said”
“Bugsy's eyes pop out of his head”
 “March, march, march...”
(Giggling)   
giggle: 吃吃地笑
-Bugsy: Whoo-hoo!
-喔!
-Skeeter: March, let's go.
齐步走,我们走
-Kids: Whoa! Cool!
喔!酷!
-Skeeter: We're going to have ourselves a camp-out.
camp-out: 野营,露营生活
我们开始野营吧。
-Jill: You guys, look what he's done! Isn't this cool?
看看,他都干了什么!是不是很酷?
-Skeeter: See? See how nice I am?
看到了?我有多好?
-Jill: Yeah. Whoa, OK, just be careful around the fire.
是啊。喔,小心火。
-Skeeter: Hey, Jill. Shh. Don't want everyone to hear we're here.
嘿,Jill,嘘,不想让别人知道我们在这儿吧。
-Patrick: I heard about marshmallows. Saw them in magazines.
marshmallows: 棉花糖
我听说过棉花糖,在杂志上看到过。
I never imagined they would be this good.
真没想到有这么棒。
-Skeeter: Let's just hope your mother doesn't find out I gave you any.
希望你们的妈妈不会发现我给你们吃了这个。
-Patrick: I won't tell her.
我不会告诉她的。
-Skeeter: I'm not talking about you. She's the weak link.
weak link: 薄弱环节
我不是说你。她才会打小报告。
-Jill: I think I can let this one slide.
slide:
我想我可以当作没看见。
-Skeeter: Ahh! The mermaid's being cool. Look at that.
mermaid: 美人鱼
啊!美人鱼变酷了,看看。
-Jill: The what?
什么?
-Skeeter: The nothing. You know, when we were younger and your mom and I were out on the roof,
roof: 屋顶
没什么。小时候,我和你们妈妈在屋顶上,
my dad would always tell us to look at the stars and see if you could make something out of them.
我们的爸爸总是会叫我们看星星。看看我们能发现什么。
All right, like, uh... Right over there. Right over there. Look, look.
呃,比如,呃那边,那边,看,看。
To me, that looks like a camel. You see the humps? Huh? The tongue hanging out?
camel: 骆驼 humps: 驼背 tongue: 舌头
我觉得,那像是骆驼。你们看见驼峰没?呃?舌头吐出来了?
-Bobbi: Oh, yeah. I see that.
噢,是啊,我看到了。
-Patrick: Hey, look over there! It's a pyramid.
pyramid: 金字塔
嘿,看那里!是个金字塔。
-Skeeter: Yeah! Hey, good one, Patrick.
耶!嘿,干得好,Patrick
-Jill: Look, right next to the moon. Right, right beside it. It looks exactly like Bugsy.
beside: ...旁边 exactly: 正好地
看,月亮右边,右边,月亮的右边。看起来像Bugsy
-Skeeter: Oh, my God!
噢,老天!
(Laughing)
-Skeeter: Don't worry, Bugsy. Your eyes are still bigger.
Bugsy,别担心。还是你的眼睛比较大。
-Bobbi: Uncle Skeeter?
Skeeter叔叔?
-Skeeter: Yes, good-looking.
good-looking: 好看的,漂亮的
呃,小美女。
-Bobbi: Do you think my father will come back?
你觉得我爸爸会回来吗?
-Skeeter: Um... Well, that's a tough one. He must be going through some...
tough: 棘手的
嗯,这不好回答。他肯定是因为
mental malfunction to not want to be with you two guys every second of the day.
go through: 经历,通过 mental: 心理的,精神的 malfunction: 故障
精神出了问题才不想天天陪着你们俩。
But, uh, I do know this. You're always going to have your mother.
但是,呃,我知道,你们一定会有妈妈在身边的。
You're always gonna have this girl to hang out with. And me, I ain't ever going anywhere.
hang out:: ...出去玩
这个姑娘也会一直陪你们玩。还有我,我不会离开你们的。
OK? I'm like the stink on your feet. I'll always be around.
ain't: =are not, am not stink: 臭味,臭气
好吗?我就像你们的臭脚丫,一直会跟着你们。
-Jill: OK. You guys made me late. I hope you're happy.
好吧,你们让我迟到了。希望你们过得开心。
-Skeeter: Well, thank you. Have fun at night school.
night school:夜校
呃,谢谢你,祝你在夜校过得愉快。
-Jill: See you tomorrow.
明天见。
-Skeeter: All right, we got rid of her, so let's get to business.
get rid of: 摆脱 get to business: 开始干正事(言归正传)
好了,我们摆脱她了,开始干正事吧。
Put the s'mores down. Story time. All right, guys. Tonight's story's gonna be extra special.
s'more: Hershey巧克力牌子的一种棉花糖名称 extra: 特别地
把东西放下,讲故事时间。好吧,伙计们,今晚的故事会很特别。
It's called... ...The Great Hotel Idea Story. Yeah!
叫做……伟大的酒店创意故事。耶!
-Patrick: What?
什么?
-Bobbi: Boring.
无聊。
-Skeeter: Come on, guys, I really need you to do this. It's gonna help my life a lot. Please?
嘿,伙计们,我需要你们一起来参与。会帮我大忙的,呵?
All right, you know what? We still got one more night. Let's have a fun story.
好吧,知道吗?我们还有一晚,那先讲有趣的故事吧。
-Patrick: How about some Evel Knievel stuff? Racing, jumping, flying...
Evel Knievel: 【埃维尔·克尼维尔,上世纪70年代叱咤一时的“世界头号飞车超人”】
讲讲极速赛车的故事怎么样?赛车,跳跃,飞翔
-Bobbi: Or maybe something like romantic?
romantic: 浪漫的
或者是爱情故事?
-Skeeter: I have a good idea. Let's combine the action and the romance and make a romance story.
combine: 结合,联合 action: 动作 romance: 冒险故事,浪漫史
我有个好主意。我们把动作片和爱情片并在一起,讲一个动作爱情故事。
-Both: Yeah.  
耶。
-Skeeter: Let us begin. The greatest of all the heroes in ancient Greece was, of course, Skeetacus.
ancient: 古老的 Greece: 希腊
开始了。古希腊最伟大的英雄当然是,Skeetacus
He was truly amazing yet totally underrated and had been ignored for years.
underrate: 估计过低 ignore: 不顾,不理,忽视
他真的很厉害,然而却完全被低估了,被埋没了好多年。
Finally Skeetacus had his chance to show his skills in the grand arena.
arena: 竞技场
终于Skeetacus找到了机会,在巨型竞技场展示他的本领。
If he could impress the daughter of the emperor, he knew he would one day rule the land.
emperor: 皇帝 rule: 统治,支配
如果他能征服皇帝的女儿,他知道有一天他就能当上皇帝。
-Crowd: Skeetacus, Skeetacus! Go on, Skeetacus!
SkeetacusSkeetacus!加油,Skeetacus
-Emperor: That's pretty fancy chariot work.
fancy: 精美的,新奇的 chariot: 二轮战车
他的车技很漂亮。
-Man: For a peasant.
peasant: 农民
也就是农民水平。
-Skeetacus: I see London, I see France. I see my golden underpants .Whoo!
underpants: 内衣裤
我看见了伦敦,我看见了法兰西。我看见了我的黄金内裤。喔!
-King: Oh, wh... what is he doing?
呃,他他在干嘛?
-Crowd: Whoa!
喔!
-Skeeter: Bring on the elephants!
elephant: 大象
把大象带进来!
-Crowd: Whoa. Ooh.
喔。喔。
-King: All right.
好吧。
-Skeeter: You know how Hercules supposedly founded the Olympics?
Hercules: 【希腊神话中战神赫拉克勒斯】 supposedly: 想来(恐怕,按照推测)
你知道英雄Hercules是怎么创立奥林匹克运动会的吗?
Well, Skeetacus invented the X Games.
呃,Skeetacus发明了X项目。
-Kid: He's never gonna make it!
他不会成功的!
-Audience: Now that's first class.
first class: 最佳的,一流的
真是一流。
-Skeetacus: Hey!
嘿!
-King: Bravo!
bravo:棒极了
好极了!
-Skeetacus: Can you dig it?
dig: [美国俚语]领会,理解,懂,明白
你们服气了吗?
-Crowd chants: Skeetacus!
Skeetacus
-Skeeter: How we doing so far, huh?
so far: 到目前为止
讲得怎么样,呃?
-Patrick: This is the best story yet.
这是我听过的最好的故事。
-Bobbi: Can we get to the romance now?
我们可以讲爱情故事了吗?
-Skeeter: Well, shorty, you tell me? Does Skeetacus get the girl he was after?
shorty: 矮个子,小东西 be after: 寻找,追求
嗯,小东西,你来告诉我?Skeetacus得到他追求的姑娘了吗?
-Bobbi: In these stories, the hero always gets the fairest maiden in the land.
fairest: 最美的 maiden: 少女
在这种故事里,英雄总是会得到天下最漂亮的少女。
-Skeeter: Yes! You said it! OK, so it's gonna happen! Uh, right. So, what? They're thirsty?
没错!你说对了!好的,那么就一定会发生了!呃,好,然后呢?他们很渴吗?
They go off for drinks? A little wine and cheese action? Yes?
cheese: 乳酪,奶酪 action: 情节
他们要去喝几杯吗?喝点小酒,吃点点心?呃?
-Bobbi: Yeah, they can go to an old tavern. And guess who's there?
tavern: 酒馆,客栈
当然,他们去了一个老酒馆,猜猜谁在那里?
-Skeeter: Led Zeppelin. Say Led Zeppelin, please.
齐柏林飞艇乐队。拜托你说齐柏林飞艇乐队。
-Patrick: No. All the girls that were mean to Skeetacus growing up.
mean: 刻薄的
不是,是所有小时候,欺负Skeetacus的女孩们。
-Skeeter: What? Nobody was mean to Skeetacus growing up. He was like the coolest guy in school.
什么?没人敢在小时候欺负Skeetacus。他是学校里最酷的家伙。
-Bobbi: That's not what Mom said.
妈妈不是那样说的。
-Patrick: All right, everybody was mean to Skeetacus. He had problems.
好吧,每个人都欺负Skeetacus。他以前过得挺惨,
All right, tell your story.
好吧,继续讲。
-Girls: Oh, my God...
哦,老天
-Bobbi: They see he's now with the fairest maiden in all the land, and they are really jealous.
jealous: 妒忌的
她们看见他现在跟最漂亮的少女在一起,她们都很嫉妒。
-Patrick: So jealous they don't know what to do.
so…that: 以致于【此处省略了that
太嫉妒了却不知道该做什么,
They just start nervously doing the hokey-pokey.
hokey-pokey: 一种多人参与的游戏
她们只好紧张地玩转圈游戏。
-All: “ Put your right hand in”
“You put your right hand out”
“ You put your right hand in”
“ And you shake it all about”
-Skeeter: OK.
好吧。
-Bobbi: So then, Skeetacus takes his date out to the beach.
date: 约会对象 beach: 海滩
然后呢,Skeetacus带着他的女朋友去了海滩。
-Patrick: All of a sudden, a big hairy guy washes up onshore, passed out.
all of a sudden: 突然 hairy: 多毛的 onshore: 在岸上 pass out:: 昏倒,失去知觉
突然,一个全身是毛的大块头被冲到了岸边,晕了过去。
-Skeeter: Why a hairy guy? I don't get it.
为什么是个全身长毛的家伙?我不明白。
-Patrick: Just 'cause he had something stuck in his throat, and he wasn't breathing.
stuck:被卡住 throat: 喉咙
因为有东西卡在他喉咙里了,他不能呼吸。
-Man: Thanks.
谢谢。
-Skeetacus: He's OK.
他好了。
-Bobbi: And then it starts pouring, so they run into a magical cave.
pour: 倾泻,骤雨 magical: 神奇的 cave: 山洞,岩洞
然后开始下大雨,于是他们跑到了一个神奇的山洞里。
-Skeeter: Caves are nice.
山洞不错。
-Patrick: And Abe Lincoln's there.
亚伯拉罕·林肯在那儿。 
-Skeeter: Abe Lincoln? What, is this a joke to you? What the heck's the matter with you?
heck: hell的委婉语,见鬼
亚伯拉罕·林肯?什么,那是个笑话吗?见鬼,你有毛病么?
Oh, I'm sorry. I, I didn't mean to yell. The Abe Lincoln thing, that's, that's a good idea.
mean: 意欲,想要 yell: 大叫
哦,抱歉。我,我不是故意嚷嚷的。亚伯拉罕·林肯,是,是个不错的主意。
It's just that, uh... Does Skeetacus get a kiss? Don't you think he should?
只是,呃…Skeetacus得到吻了吗?难道你们不觉得他该得?
It's... been a long time for him. His lips are very dry from not using them.
他已经等了很久了。他的嘴唇老是不用,都干了。
Bugsy, you with me? We’ll see.
Bugsy,你同意吗?我们走着瞧吧。
-Violet: Hello?
你好?
-Skeeter: Mmm. Hey, is this the fairest maiden in the land?
嗯。嘿,是天下最漂亮的少女吗?
-Violet: Mr. Skeeter Bronson, is that you?
Skeeter Bronson先生,是你吗?
-Skeeter: Yes, it is. Sorry about that Ferrari confusion the other night.
confusion: 混乱,混淆 the other night: 前两天的夜里,不久前的某个夜里
是的,很抱歉那天法拉利的误会。
I'm here at the beach right now and I had a hunch you might be here too.
hunch: 预感 
我正在海滩,我预感你也会来这儿。
What do you say we get a little lunch?
你看我们去吃点午餐怎么样?
-Violet: That sounds so delightful. But I can't. I'm afraid I'm on my way to Vegas for the day.
delightful: 令人愉快的,可喜的 Vegas: Las Vegas【拉斯维加斯,美国赌城】
听起来很不错,但恐怕不行,我正在去Vegas的路上。
-Skeeter: Vegas? Uh, no one talked about Vegas.
Vegas?呃,没人说起过Vegas
-Violet: Don't tell Kendall. He thinks I'm in the library.
不要告诉Kendall,他以为我在图书馆。
-Skeeter: Yeah, no. But, but, uh, princess, I, I really thought we were gonna hang out today.
hang out:: 一起出去玩
好吧,不,但是,但是,呃,公主。我,我真的以为今天我们会一起过。
-Violet: Oh, well. I will see you at Daddy's birthday party. Bye, Skeeter.
噢,呃,在爸爸的生日聚会上见吧。再见,Skeeter
-Skeeter: Hmm. So our date's gonna be tomorrow? I can live with that.
live with: 接受;学会适应
嗯。那么约会在明天了?我可以等等。
-Jill: Hey! Look out! Look out!
嘿!小心!小心!
(Shouting)
(Groans)
-Jill: Sorry. Are you OK? Hey! I'm so sorry!
对不起,你还好吗?嘿!对不起!
-Skeeter: What is it about the cushion of protection you don't like?
cushion: 垫子 protection: 保护
你不喜欢这样的肉垫吗?
Aren't you supposed to be in school?
你不是应该在学校吗?
-Jill: I'm supposed to be looking for a job now,
我现在应该开始找工作了。
but for some reason I felt like coming to the beach today.
feel like: 想要
但是不知道为什么,我感觉今天应该来海滩。
-Skeeter: Huh.
呃。
-Jill: Um, are you hungry?
呃,你饿了吗?
-Skeeter: Yes, I'm always hungry when I'm in pain.
in pain: 在痛苦中
当然,我受伤的时候总是会饿。
-Jill: Good. Because I'm buying.
好啊,我来请你。
-Skeeter: I'll let you buy me lunch. Somebody stole my wallet, so how was I gonna pay?
我会让你请我吃午饭的,因为有人偷了我的钱包。我还能拿什么付钱?
-Jill: Of course you got your wallet stolen.
get sth done: 使……完成/让某人做某事
你的钱包当然被人偷了。
-Skeeter: I don't know what that means.
什么意思?
-Jill: You. It's always something with you.
你呀,你总是会搞出点事来的。
-Skeeter: Huh?
呃?
-Jill: You're wearing my hat. Gonna wear that all day?
你戴着我的帽子。要戴一整天吗?
-Skeeter: I'm wearing nobody's hat. I'm wearing your hat! Oh!
我没有戴任何人的帽子。我戴了你的帽子!噢!
-Jill: I'll take it back. Thanks. This is perfect for your free lunch.
perfect: 完美的
给我吧,谢谢。在这里吃免费午餐很不错啊。
-Girls: Oh, my gosh. You guys, you guys, you guys. Over there.
噢,老天。姐妹们,姐妹们,姐妹们,看那边。
-One girl: Is that... is that Skeeter Bronson?
那不是那不是Skeeter Bronson吗?
-Another girl: Stop it.
不是吧。
-Girl: Oh, my God.
噢,老天。
-Donna: Oh, my God. Skeeter. Hey! Do you remember me? It's Donna Hynde from high school.
噢,老天。Skeeter。嘿!你还记得我吗?我是高中里的Donna Hynde
-Skeeter: Yeah, I do. Thought I was going to run into you shortly. And here you are.
run into sb: 碰到某人 shortly: 立刻,马上
当然,我记得。我还想很快就会遇到你了,结果你就在这儿。
-Donna: Yeah. Wow, this is so weird. Uh... We were just planning our high school reunion.
weird: 怪异的 reunion: 团圆,重聚
是啊,喔,这真是太奇怪了,呃我们正打算重新联系高中同学。
-Another girl: We were totally just talking about you. It's so weird.
totally: 完全地
我们刚刚还在说起你,真是太奇怪了。
-Skeeter: I was just talking about you guys too.
我刚才也正在谈论你们。
-Another girl: Sure, he was.
当然了。
-Skeeter: Mind pretending to be my girlfriend for a second?
pretend: 假装,伪称 for a second: 一会儿
介意给我当一会儿女朋友吗?
-Jill: Yeah, I don't feel comfortable doing that.
呃,我感觉那么做不好。
-Skeeter: I'll, uh, convert my truck to biodiesel.
convert: 转换,变化 biodiesel: 生物柴油
呃,我以后给卡车加生物柴油。
-Jill: OK, I'll do it.
好吧,我同意。
-Skeeter: Ding-dong. Uh, this is my girlfriend, guys. This is Jill.
叮咚。啊,这是我的女朋友,伙计们,这是Jill
-Jill: Hello.
你们好。
-Girl: She's your girlfriend?
她是你女朋友?
-Skeeter: Yeah. Yeah.
是啊,是啊。
-Jill: Yes, I am.
是的,我是。
-Skeeter: Right?
是吗?
-Jill: Yup.
当然。
-Skeeter: She thinks I'm...
她觉得我
-Jill: You want me to...Oh. Uh... romantic.
你希望我噢,呃很浪漫。
-Skeeter: She likes how romantic I can be. And, uh, "great kisser," she likes to say.
她喜欢我浪漫的样子。还有,呃,她总说我很会接吻
-Jill: Oh, yeah. That's... a little too much.
噢,是啊有点过了。
-Skeeter: Oh. Sorry.
噢,抱歉。
-One girl: Wow, you are really pretty.
喔,你真漂亮。
-Skeeter: I mean, she's all right. Thanks. I've seen hotter, but she's pretty cool.
我是说,她还好。谢谢。我见过更靓的,但是她很酷。
-The girl: So super skinny.
skinny: 皮包骨头的
好瘦啊。
-Skeeter: Skinnier than you. But... Yeah.
比你瘦,但是
-The other girl: Whatever.
随便。
-Donna: I feel really awful saying this out loud.
awful: 可怕的 
真的觉得说出来挺难为情的。
We were really terrible to Skeeter in high school. Awful. So mean.
但我们在高中的时候对Skeeter太坏了,太差了,总是欺负他。
-Jill: My Skeeter?
我的Skeeter
-Skeeter: They were.
的确是。
-Jill: You had a hard time in high school?
你高中过得很糟糕?
-One girl: Look at you now. You turned out pretty... cute.
看看你现在的样子,变得这么可爱。
-Girls: Yeah!
是啊!
-Skeeter: You know... the pimples went away, and, uh, these came to play. You want to touch them?
pimple: 粉刺,疙瘩 
要知道小痘痘不长了,呃,肌肉开始发达了。你想摸摸?
-Jill: Oh, that's OK. Later, later.
噢,不用了。等会儿吧,等会儿吧。
-Skeeter: They're here for you. Ding-dong.
是你的,叮咚。
-The blue dress girl: “You put your right hand in”
“把你右手伸进来”
-All: “You put your right hand out”
“You put your right hand in”
“And you shake it all about “
“And you turn yourself around”
“That's what it's all about”
-Skeeter: OK. I think we should leave.
好吧。我想我们该走了。
-Jill: Yes.
没错。
-Skeeter: All right. Bye-bye.
好吧,拜拜。
-All: What's happening?
到底怎么了?
-Jill: Hey, so I spoke to Wendy. She's excited to see the kids tomorrow.
嘿,我跟Wendy打过电话了。她很高兴明天就能见到孩子们。
This is the longest she's been away from them.
她从没离开他们这么久。
-Skeeter: That's right. This is my last night with the kids.
没错,这也是我跟孩子们的最后一晚。
-Jill: You know, they're gonna be devastated.
devastated: 悲痛欲绝的
要知道,他们会很伤心的。
They worship you and those amazing bedtime stories you've been telling them.
worship: 崇拜
他们很崇拜你。还有那些你讲给他们的精彩故事。
-Skeeter: Oh, well, they say all the good parts. I promise.
噢,最精彩的部分是他们讲的,我保证。
-Jill: Oh, my gosh. Is he unconscious?
unconscious: 失去知觉的
噢,老天,他还醒着吗?
-Skeeter: Yeah, yeah.
当然,当然。
-Man: Boom! Oh. Thanks!
卟!噢。谢谢!
-Jill: Whoa!
喔!
-Skeeter: Yeah?
看到了?
-Jill: Check out Mr. Smooth.
你好能干。
-Skeeter: Well, you know, I do what I do.
呃,我做我该做的。
(Laughing)
-Skeeter: Think we should get out of this rain?
get out of: 逃开
我们是不是应该躲躲雨?
-Jill: What rain? Oh, shoot! Where did that come from?
shoot: 噢,惨了!
什么雨?噢,呸!哪儿来的这是?
-Skeeter: I don't know! Isn't it amazing?
我不知道!是不是很神奇?
-Jill: Let's get out of this!
我们离开这儿!
-Skeeter: Let's go! Let's get out! Move it! I can read the future. Good God. So...
跑!跑!快跑!我可以预测未来。很好啊,那么
-Jill: So... The big presentation's tomorrow, right?
presentation: 陈述,介绍
那么你明天要做正式演讲,对吧?
I know you're not nervous or anything, but, um... good luck on it anyway.
anyway: 无论如何
我知道你不紧张或是,但是,呃无论怎样,祝你好运。
-Skeeter: Thank you.
谢谢。
-Jill: Yep.
耶。
-Skeeter: Actually, you can come if you want. It's like a party.
事实上,如果你想的话可以一起来那其实是个聚会。
You know, Wendy's gonna be watching the kids, and we could have fun.
Wendy会照看孩子的,我们可以玩一会儿。
You can meet me there.
你可以去那儿找我。
-Jill: Yeah. That would, uh... I could do that. I could meet you, um... ...after night school or something.
好,呃我可以。我可以去找你,呃……等我上完夜校后。
-Skeeter: It's you?
是你?
-Jill: It's me what?
是我什么?
-Skeeter: You're the fairest maiden in the land?
你是天下最漂亮的少女?
-Jill: "Fair" as in "doesn't cheat at checkers"?
cheat: 作弊 checkers: 西洋棋
你是说我跳棋下得最漂亮?
-Skeeter: No, fairest as in... "beautifulest". Wait, wait. Something weird is gonna happen.
不是,我是说你……“最美丽”。等等,有怪事要发生了。
-Jill: Oh. No, yeah, we don't... This is a mistake.
噢。不是,呃,我们不是这是个错误。
-Skeeter: No, no, no, not between us. I mean like, some... No! No, no! Oh, here comes Abe! No!
不是,不是,不是我们之间我是说不要!不要!不要!噢,亚伯拉罕来了!不要!
-Skeeter: Ah! Look.
啊!看。
-Jill: Wow, a penny.
喔,一分钱。
-Skeeter: No, no, no. This is the weird thing I was talking about. Abe Lincoln.
不,不,不。这就是我说的怪事。亚伯拉罕·林肯。
-Jill: Yeah. Yeah.
是啊,是啊。
-Skeeter: No, no, no, no. Abe's not gonna interrupt this time.
interrupt: 妨碍,打扰
不,不,不,不。林肯不会打断我们的。
That was it. It's supposed to end better than this. Stick around.
stick around: 在附近逗留或等待
应该有个比这好的结尾。等一下。
I'm telling ya, you're gonna be missing out. Nice imagination, Patrick.
我跟你说,你会错过的。Patrick,想象力真好。
-Mickey: Skeeter?
Skeeter
-Skeeter: Yo.
呃。
-Mickey: We've got a little bit of a shaving situation in there.
shave: 修面,刮胡子
小家伙们在刮脸。
-Skeeter: Oh, no, no, no. I took the razor blades out. Don't worry.
razor: 剃刀 blade: 刀片
噢,不,不,不。我把刀片拿出来了。
Their father ain't around; I figured someone has to teach them how to shave.
figure: 认为,领会到
别担心,他们的爸爸不在,我想总得有人教他们怎么刮脸吧。
-Bobbi: I'm Princess Leia.
我是莱亚公主。
-Mickey: Uh-huh. So, are you ready for the big showdown tomorrow night?
showdown: 比拼
嗯呃。那么,明晚的比赛你都准备好了?
-Skeeter: Oh, yeah. What I'm going to do is tell them a bedtime story tonight.
噢,当然。我要做的是,今晚给他们讲个故事。
I'll have me win in the story. Then I'll win for real. Do you dig?
然后在故事里让我取胜,然后我就真的会赢,懂了吗?
-Mickey: Oh, right. Yeah, yeah, I understand. So it's like, um, positive visualization.
positive: 积极的,正面的 visualization: 形象化,视觉化
噢,对,没错,没错,我懂。这就叫,呃,正面想象。
I read a book on that once. Read the back cover, at least. I can't read.
cover: 封面
我在书上读到过。至少,看过封皮。我不认字。
Shut up, Bugsy! I've got opposable thumbs. How do you feel about that?
opposable: 可相对的,与其他手指相对的 thumbs: 手指
Bugsy,闭嘴!我有对生的大拇指。你有吗?
-Skeeter: You children ready? Because here comes our last story.
准备好了? 因为这是最后一个故事。
The fate of the entire universe hung in the balance,
fate: 命运 entire: 全部的,整个的 universe: 宇宙 hang: 悬挂
全宇宙的命运悬而未决,
as the Supreme Galactic Council met to determine
supreme: 最高的 Council: 理事会,委员会
银河最高议会召开会议决定由谁统治。
who would control the new planet in the vast Nottinghamian star system.
vast: 广阔的,巨大的
巨大的Nottingham米亚星系的新行星
Most in attendance expected Supreme Leader Barracto to rule
attendance: 出席
出席会议的人大多以为最高领袖Barracto会委派
in favor of General Kendallo, the evil governor of Hotelium.
in favor of: 赞成(支持,有利于,较大)  governor: 统治者,管理者
酒店星的邪恶总督Kendallo将军来统治,
But there was a wild card in the mix...
但是候选者中还有一个难以预料的人
Skeeto Bronsonnian and his sidekick, Mickey Doo Quicky Doo. They all watched with excitement.
sidekick: 伙伴
Skeeto Bronsonnian还有他的搭档Mickey Doo Quicky Doo。大家都在激动地注视比赛。
Lieutenant Jilli and her two young cadets, Aspenoff, and even the great Captain Bugzoid.
Lieutenant: 中尉,助理人员,副官 
Jilli上尉和两个年轻的军校生Aspenoff,还有伟大的舰长Bugzoid
-Patrick: Hey, since it's outer space, Skeeto should talk like a goofy alien.
since: 既然,因为 goofy: 愚笨的,傻瓜的 alien: 外国人
嘿,既然是外太空的故事Skeeto应该像外星乡巴佬一样讲话。
-Skeeter: What?
什么?
(Gibberish)
gibberish: 急促而不清楚的话,乱语
-Mickey: That's disgusting. I'm not going to translate that.
disgusting: 恶心的 
这太下流了,我不想翻译。
-Barracto: Silence! The leader of the new planet shall be determined the old-fashioned way: A zero-gravity fight.
gravity: 重力
肃静!为了决定新行星的领导人,我们要采用老办法:零重力决斗。
-Skeeter: OK, now we get to the part the crowd came to see. Skeeto defeating Kendallo, right?
好,观众们要看的好戏来了。Skeeto打败Kendallo,对吧?
-Patrick: I think we need to see them battle first. Kendallo makes the first move.
battle: ...斗争 move: 动作
我们想先看他们大打一场。Kendallo先下手。
-Both: Skeeto!
Skeeto
-Skeeter: But the kids really want to see Skeeto kick his butt, right?
kick:  butt: 屁股
可是孩子们其实想看Skeeto踢他的屁股,对吧?
-Barracto: Wet willy.
掏耳朵啊。
(Laughs)
-Violet: Boring!
没劲!
-Barracto: Uh, bring out the booger monster!
booger: 鼻屎 monster: 怪物
把鼻屎怪兽放出来!
-Skeeter: Oh, I think I'm gonna be sick.
sick: 恶心
哦,我都想吐了。
All right, have the booger monster smack Kendallo around.
smack: 揍,掴
好吧,就让鼻屎怪兽狠揍Kendallo
-Bobbi: No, I think he should kiss him.
不,我觉得Kendallo应该亲他。
-Skeeter: Would you get to Skeeto winning already?
现在可以让Skeeto赢了吧?
-Patrick: OK.
好吧。
-Barracto: Arise, Skeeto, sharif of Nottinghamia.
平身,SkeetoNottingham的圣祖后裔。
-Skeeter: And that is the perfect ending to our last story. Thank you, children.
这就是最后一个故事的完美结局。孩子们,谢谢你们。
-Patrick: Oh, that's not the ending.
哦,这不是结局。
-Bobbi: Yeah. That would be too obvious.
obvious: 明显的,显而易见的
对,这结局太平常了。
-Skeeter: What do you mean?
你们什么意思?
-Patrick: Somebody threw a fireball at Skeeto and Skeeto got incinerated.
incinerated: 焚化,烧成灰 
有人朝Skeeto扔了一个火球,Skeeto被烧成了灰。
-Bobbi: The end.
完了。
-Skeeter: “incinerated"?
“烧成了灰?”
(Groans)
-Skeeter: You mean "incinerated"? No! No, no! He can't catch on fire.
你说“烧成了灰?”不!不,不!他不能着火。
-Mickey: Yeah. I'm Captain Skeeto. I'm on fire!
对,我是Skeeto舰长。我着火了!
-Skeeter: No, no, no. The story can't end like that. What happened to a nice, happy ending?
不,不,不。故事不能这样结束。不是说要大团圆结局吗?
-Bobbi: You said happy endings don't really happen. We want our story to be real.
你说过大团圆结局不会真的发生。我们想让我们的故事真实一点。
-Skeeter: Oh, I was just saying that. I was stupid.
哦,我那是说着玩的。我真蠢。
(Yawns)
yawn:打哈欠
-Skeeter: No, no, no, no, no. So, what? We're really going to have me on fire?
不,不,不,不。怎么了?你们真要让我烧死啊?
Hey! Don't fall asleep, or the story will lock. Stop it! Wake up! Wake up. Wake up. Wake up.
lock: 上锁,锁定
喂!别睡啊,不然故事就讲不下去了,别这样!醒醒!醒醒,醒醒,醒醒。
-Kendall: I can't believe Skeeter didn't tell you.
真没想到,Skeeter居然没告诉你。
And I'm sure it's just a coincidence that the new hotel is going up right here where the,
coincidence: 巧合
我肯定这只是巧合,新酒店就打算盖在这里,就在学校所在的地方。
where the school is. Well, I'm pretty sure... Excuse me. Yeah.
哦,我很肯定不好意思,喂
-Aspen: Everything's ready for the presentation.
演示准备已经全部就绪。
-Kendall: Good.
很好。
-Aspen: Ten-four, rubber duck.
ten-four: [俚语,民用波段用语]电讯收到 rubber duck: 橡皮小鸭
收到,橡皮鸭。
-Kendall: Got it. Great.
知道了,太好了
“Oh, uh”
“Fire”
“Oh, oh, oh I'm on fire”
“Is this burning?”
“Burn, baby, burn”
 
-Skeeter: OK. The good news is, you're going to win the competition.
competition: 比赛,竞争
好吧,好消息是这场比赛你会赢。
The bad news is, you're probably gonna catch on fire,
坏消息是,你也许会着火。
but not if you take a few precautions. Oven mitts, smoke alarm. Yeah.
precautions: 预防,留心,警戒 
不过要是你做点准备,就没事了。烤箱手套,烟雾报警器。好。
"Flame-resistant Christmas tree spray." Yeah. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, this will work.
oven: 微波炉 mitt: 手套 alarm: 报警器 resistant: 抵抗的,反抗的 
 “圣诞树防火喷剂,好的。好,好,好,这应该有用。
-Salesman: Excuse me, sir? Those are actually for Christmas trees.
不好意思,先生?这是用在圣诞树上的。
-Skeeter: I know. 'Tis the season.
我知道,现在正是时候。
-Salesman: Ow! God!
哦,天哪!
-Skeeter: I'm so sorry.
真对不起。
-Salesman: It burns!
好辣!
-Skeeter: Here, let me make it up to you. Ow!
你看,这样我们就扯平了。啊!
-Salesman: It's for trees! It's for trees!
这是用在树上的!这是用在树上的!
-Skeeter: You're right! That hurts! I'm sorry about that!
你说得对!太痛了!真对不起!
-Aspen: Antibacterial wipes anybody? Aloha. Aloha.
bacterial:细菌 wipes: 擦拭布,湿纸巾
抗菌纸巾,谁要?阿罗哈,阿罗哈。
-Barry: Thank you so much.
太谢谢了。
-Skeeter: Whoa! Steady. Steady.
哇!稳住,稳住。
-Woman: Kona coffee ice cream.
夏威夷科纳咖啡冰激淋。
-Skeeter: Yeah? What's the catch? You're gonna light it on fire? 'Cause I'm on to you, honey.
catch: 陷阱 
哦?你要玩什么花样?你要把它点着吗?我早看穿你了,宝贝。
-Woman: No fire. It would melt. Just take the ice cream and a chill pill.
melt: 融化 chill: 寒冷的 pill: 药片
不能点火,那样会化掉的。吃冰激淋吧,凉快一下。
-Man: Ah!
啊!
-Crowd: Boo!
哟!
- Mickey: Skeeter.
Skeeter
-Skeeter: Yes.
嗯。
-Mickey: That wasn't very nice.
这可不太好。
-Skeeter: What wasn't?
什么不太好?
-Mickey: You pushed that man in the pool.
你把那人推到池子里去了。
-Skeeter: No, he jumped in. Hey, you see Jill around?
不,他自己跳进去的。嘿,你看见吉尔没有?
-Mickey: No, I ain't, I ain't seen Jill tonight, mate.
没有,老弟,今晚我没看见Jill
-Violet: Ooh! I am cold.
哦!我好冷
-Mickey: I'll get you a towel.
towel: 毛巾
我给你拿毛巾。
-Mickey: I've got your towel
毛巾来了。
-Violet: Oh, blimey.
blimey: 啊呀
哦,哎呀。
-Mickey: I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I love you.
对不起,对不起。我爱你。
-Violet: You brought me a grilled cheese sandwich once.
grill: 烧,烤
你以前给我带过烤干酪三明治。
-Mickey: Yeah. I did, yes. It was Monterey Jack. It's a good cheese.
对,我带过。是蒙特雷杰克干酪,很不错。
-Skeeter: Ow!
啊!
-Mickey: Skeeter, are you all right?
Skeeter,你没事吧?
-Skeeter: A bee stung my tongue!
stung: sting的过去式形式,蛰伤,刺伤
蜜蜂蜇了我的舌头!
-Aspen: The meeting for the exciting new hotel will take place in the living room.
激动人心的新酒店创意演示会将在客厅召开。
So I don't think you're going to want to miss this.
大家肯定都不想错过。
-Skeeter: No, it's swelling up!
swell: 膨胀
不,舌头肿起来了!
-Mickey: Can I sit there, please, mate?
老兄,我坐这里可以吗?
-Barry: Yes, of course. Don't touch me.
当然可以。别碰我。
-Mickey: Sorry.
对不起。
-Kendall: Before we begin, I would just like to say, personally, happy birthday.
personally: 亲自地,个人地
在我们开始前,我要以个人名义,祝您生日快乐。
-All: Happy birthday.
生日快乐。
-Violet: Happy birthday, Daddy.
生日快乐,爸爸。
-Barry: Thank you, Kendall. Yes, now, as you can see,
谢谢你,Kendall。现在,你们都看到了,
I've invited some of the staff to sit in to see how your ideas would play with the "regular folk."
staff: 职员
请了一些工作人员参加,看看你们的点子对普通大众有什么效果。
No offense.
no offense: 请勿见怪,无意冒犯
我没有冒犯的意思。
-Kendall: None taken, Barry. None taken.
none taken: 【我才不管呢】
我没觉得,Barry,没觉得。
-Barry: So, gentlemen, which of you would like to go first?
那么,先生们,你们谁先来?
-Kendall: Fair enough. Mr. Nottingham, you were absolutely right
fair: 公平
也好。Nottingham先生,你说得完全正确,
when you said the rock and roll theme was old hat. Gone.
old hat: 陈旧的,老式的
摇滚主题已经老掉牙了。
Your insight, sir, has inspired me to, to dig deeper,
insight: 洞察力 inspire: 激发灵感
先生,您的高瞻远瞩激发了我的灵感,促使我深入思考
to find the commonality at the heart of the American experience.
commonality: 公共(普通,老百姓)
终于想到了美国人民共有的核心体验,
I speak, of course... of the musical theater. And, more specifically... ...Broadway!
specifically: 特定的,明确的
当然了,我说的就是音乐剧院。再具体一点,就是百老汇!
Hit it.
开始。
 
“Oh, when you first pull up”
“To the grand front door”
“There isn't just a bellhop There's an overture”
“At the Nottingham Broadway Mega Resort”
“Oh there's a pool for the Sharks”
“A pool for the Jets”
“And you can bring Cats 'cause we take pets”
“At the Nottingham Broadway”
“Mega Resort “
 
-Barry: Original, impressive, well done. Thank you, Kendall.
original: 原创的
很新颖,很感人,不错。谢谢你,Kendall
-Kendall: Thank you, sir.
谢谢你,先生。
-Mickey: Uh, sorry about that. I was, uh, just resting my eyes.
哦,抱歉。我刚才在闭目养神。
-Barry: Skeeter. You're up. Are you all right, Skeeter?
Skeeter,该你了。你没事吧,Skeeter
-Skeeter: A bee bit my tongue.
马乏扎拉瓦大厦他。
-Barry: I'm sorry?
你说啥?
-Skeeter: A bee... stung my tongue.
sting: 蛰伤,刺伤
马乏扎拉瓦大厦他
-Mickey: "A bee stung my tongue."
“蜜蜂蜇了我的舌头”
-Barry: Oh, you understand him? Oh. How did a bee sting your tongue?
哦,你听得懂他的话?蜜蜂怎么会蜇了你的舌头?
-Skeeter: Uh... I was eating ice cream, and suddenly a bee...
...我那时在吃冰淇淋突然一只蜜蜂...
-Mickey: Uh, it was on an ice cream, and he licked it.
lick:
蜜蜂停在冰激凌上,他舔了一下。
-Barry: Hmm. Can you translate Skeeter's presentation for us?
唔,你能帮我们翻译Skeeter的演示吗?
-Skeeter: Mmm!
嗯!
-Mickey: Uh... Yes! Yes, I can do that.
行!我能干。
-Skeeter: Thank you. Ready?
谢谢准备好了吗?
-Mickey: I'm ready. OK.
我准备好了。
-Skeeter: Ready?
来吧?
-Mickey: "I spent the last week in the hotel, the hotel where I live..."
“上星期我住在酒店里在我住的那个酒店
With my niece and nephew.
niece: 侄女 nephew: 侄子
和我的外甥外甥女一起度过"
"With my niece and my nephew."
“和我侄女侄子在一起”
"To a kid, everything about a hotel is strange and wonderful."
“在孩子眼里,酒店的一切都很新鲜、很好玩”
"Sleeping in a different bed."
“睡在不一样的床上”
"Hanging out in the lobby."
lobby: 大厅,门廊
“在大厅里闲逛”
"Jumping up and down on the alligator."
alligator: 鳄鱼【此处alligatorelevator发音相似,所以翻译成与“电梯”发音相似的“电椅”】
“在电椅里跳上跳下”
"Riding up and down in the elevator."
“在电梯里上上下下”
-All: Ah!
哦!
-Mickey: Sorry. Yeah, I see now that an alligator wouldn't be in that context.
context: 上下文,语境
对不起,我现在想明白了,这段话里不应该有电椅。
"Some hotels try to make it seem as much like home as possible."
as…as possible: 尽可能……
“有些酒店竭尽所能想让自己的环境像家里一样”
"But they're missing the point."
“可是他们忘记了”
"If you wanted to stay in a place like home, then why not stay at home?"
“如果你想呆在和家里一样的地方为什么不干脆呆在家里呢?”
"Our guests should experience an escape from the everyday."
escape: 逃离
“我们的宾客应该体验到从日常生活解脱的感觉”
"And that's what I'd like to capture in our new hotel."
capture: 获得,俘获
“这就是我想让新酒店体现的东西”
"What every kid knows and what every adult has forgotten."
adult: 成人
“每个孩子都知道但是每个大人都忘了的东西”
"Like my father said to me, your fun is only limited by your imagination."
limit: 限制
“我爸爸对我说过想象力的界限就是乐趣的界限”
That was beautiful.
太漂亮了。
-Skeeter: Yeah? All right. Settle down.
是吗?好的,冷静点。
-Mickey: Just the way it built.
就是应该这么造。
-Kendall: And that's it? I'm sorry. I don't understand it.
这就完了?不好意思,我没明白。
-Barry: That... was... brilliant! Congratulations, my boy.
brilliant: 有才气的,杰出的
真是绝了!恭喜你,小伙子。
You've just won the keys to the kingdom. Boogie, don't do that. Germs.
你赢得了这个王国的钥匙。Boogie,别这样,有病菌。
-Woman: Congratulations. Great job. Keep icing that tongue.
恭喜你,太棒了,拿冰给舌头消肿吧。
-Skeeter: All right.
好的。
-Man: Congratulations, Skeeter.
祝贺你,Skeeter
-Another man: Congratulations. That was great.
恭喜你,太棒了
-Skeeter: Yeah?
是吗?
- Man: That's just terrific.
terrific: 极好的,很棒的
真是妙极了。
-Kendall: Congratulations, Skeeter.
祝贺你,Skeeter
-Skeeter: All right, Kendall. Yeah. No hard feelings, pal.
pal: 朋友,伙伴
好的,Kendall,我们别伤了和气,朋友。
-Kendall: Of course not. You deserve it. You're a better man than me. You have an iron will.
deserve: 值得,应得 iron: 刚强的
当然不会,这是你应得的,你比我强。你有铁石心肠。
-Skeeter: Yeah. That's what they say.
对,他们也是这么说的。
-Kendall: I would not have the guts to tear down the school my niece and nephew attend.
gut: 勇气 tear down: 拆除,拆毁 
换了我就没胆子,把自己侄女和侄儿的学校拆掉。
-Skeeter: What?
什么?
-Kendall: You do know that's the site for the new hotel?
你知道新酒店会盖在哪里吧?
-Skeeter: What are you talking about?
你在说什么?
-Barry: Good show, old son.
讲得好,老小子
-Kendall: Oh, sir.
哦,先生。
-Barry: That bee sting language was really working for you on a sympathetic level.
sympathetic: 同情的,共鸣的
被蜜蜂蜇了以后,你的说话腔调很让人同情。
-Skeeter: Good, I'm glad. I wanted to talk to you about the location that we're building the hotel.
location: 地点,位置
我很高兴,我想和你谈谈建造新酒店的地点。
 
-All: “ Happy birthday to you”
“Happy birthday to you”
“Happy birthday”
 
-Barry: Bronson, you're fired!
fire: 解雇
Bronson,你被炒了!
-Skeeter: Fired? Oh... That's how it connects.
connect: 连接
炒了?哦原来是这个意思。
-Teacher: Yes?
唔?
-Skeeter: Do you know where Jill Hastings' class is?
你知道Jill Hastings的班级在哪儿吗?
-Teacher: It's right over there.
就在那里。
-Skeeter: Why won't you answer my calls?
为什么你不接我的电话?
-Jill: Because I know it's you calling.
因为我知道是你打来的
-Skeeter: You got to believe me, Jill. I had no idea...
你要相信我,Jill,我根本不知道
-Jill: Don't destroy the sliver of respect I have for you by making lame excuses.
sliver: 裂片,细片 lame: 跛的,蹩脚的
别用蹩脚的借口蒙我,否则我对你的最后一点尊重都会消失。
Just go away and stay away.
你还是走吧,别理我。
-Patrick: Uncle Skeeter? Do you want to incinerate our school cause we incinerated you in the story?
incinerate: 烧成灰
Skeeter叔叔?因为我们在故事里把你烧成了灰,你就想把我们的学校烧掉吗?
-Skeeter: No, I wouldn't do that.
不,我不会这么做的
-Bobbi: We thought you were supposed to be the good guy.
我们以前都把你当好人。
-Skeeter: So did I.
我也这么想。
-Skeeter: "Skeeto defeats Kendallo." Not really.
Skeeto打败Kendallo”其实没有。
-Skeeter: Yeah?
哦?
-Windy: Hey.
嘿。
-Skeeter: Oh, hey. Welcome back. So, you mad at me, too?
mad: 发疯的,生气的
哦,欢迎回来。你也在生我的气吗?
-Wendy: Not as mad as Jill, but, uh, mad, yes.
没有Jill那么生气,不过确实在生气。
-Skeeter: I didn't know the new hotel was going up there.
我不知道新酒店会盖在那儿。
-Wendy: I figured that.
figure: 认识到,觉得
我料到了。
-Skeeter: Then what are you mad at? I gave the kids junk food?
junk food: 垃圾食品
那你为什么生气?因为我给孩子吃垃圾食品?
-Wendy: No, I figured you'd do that too.
不,这我也料到了。
I'm mad because you told my kids that in real life there are no happy endings.
real life: 实际生活中的
我生气是因为你对孩子们说现实生活里没有大团圆的结局。
-Skeeter: Well, look around you, Wendy. Do you see any happy endings here?
哦,Wendy,你瞧瞧周围,你在这儿看见什么大团圆的结局吗?
-Wendy: I don't know. You and Dad always had so much fun in this room.
我不知道,你和爸爸在这个房间里总是笑得很开心。
For whatever reason, I didn't. I was always the cynic, the, the sourpuss.
whatever: 不管怎样的 cynic: 愤世嫉俗者 sourpuss: 牢骚满腹的人
不知为什么,我就不行。我总是挖苦你们,说点酸不啦叽的话。
-Skeeter: The black cloud. The energy drainer. The... dead fish.
drainer: 去水板,排水器
你是乌云,是泼冷水专家。是死鱼。
-Wendy: Yes, all of those things. But when I left Bobbi and Patrick with you,
对,都是这种玩意。可是在我把BobbiPatrick交给你的时候,
I guess I just was hoping you'd rub off on them. Get them to be lighter. Have fun. Enjoy themselves.
rub off: 擦掉
我只希望你能感染他们,让他们变得开朗一点,找到乐趣,玩得开心。
I thought Dad would like that. Anyway, um, I got a job in Arizona.
我想爸爸也希望这样。对了,我在亚利桑那找到了工作,
Teaching, not principaling.
principal: 校长
是当老师,不是当校长。
-Skeeter: That's cool.
很好啊。
-Wendy: Yeah, well, maybe you can come visit when we get settled.
是啊,等我们安顿好,也许你可以来看我们。
I know by then the kids will really want to see you.
by then: 到那时候
我知道,到那时孩子们肯定很想见到你。
-Skeeter: All right. Love you.
好的,爱你。
-Wendy: Love you.
爱你。
-Marty: And so Skeeter sat on his bed, filled with regret,
fill: 充满
于是Skeeter懊悔地坐在床上,
wondering how to put the pieces of his life together after one magical week.
wonder: 疑惑
他不知道在过了大悲大喜的一星期后该怎么收拾残局。
-Skeeter: Great ending, huh?
这结局很妙吧?
-Marty: That was your ending, son?
这是你的结局吗,儿子?
I thought this was just a sad part, and you were about to make it better.
be about to: 将要做
我觉得这只是低潮部分。你会力挽狂澜的。
-Skeeter: What? How could I make it any better?
什么?我该怎么力挽狂澜?
-Marty: Well, in the stories I told you, just when things looked bleakest,
bleak: 萧瑟的,严寒的,阴郁
在我给你讲的故事里,每到看似山穷水尽的时候,
the hero would do something unexpected and courageous to beat the bad guy,
courageous: 勇敢的 
英雄都会鼓起勇气,干下出人意料的壮举,打败坏蛋,
save the day, and get the girl!
扭转乾坤,抱回佳人!
-Skeeter: Yeah. How can I do that?
对啊,我该怎么做?
-Marty: It's your story, not mine. But you better get moving. Go get 'em, son.
这是你的故事,不是我的。不过你最好行动起来。去吧,儿子。
-Jill: Mr. Nottingham! Mr. Nottingham? I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment.
Nottingham先生!Nottingham先生?我能和你谈一谈吗?
My name is Jill Hastings. I'm a teacher at Webster Elementary.
我叫Jill Hastings,我是Webster小学的老师。
-All chanting: Save our school! Save our school! Save our school!
救救我们的学校!救救我们的学校!救救我们的学校!
Save our school! Save our school! Save our school!
救救我们的学校!救救我们的学校!救救我们的学校!
-Man: My men are in position. We are ready for the demolition.
in position: 到位 demolition: 爆破
我的人都到位了,我们可以爆破了
-Kendall: Excellent. Mr. Nottingham said he'd call if he had a problem getting the variance,
variance: 不一致,变化
好极了。Nottingham先生说过,如果在领许可的时候出了麻烦,他会电话通知我们。
so if we don't hear from him in the next 20 minutes, I say we just... blow it all up.
所以,要是20分钟内没接到他的电话,我们就把这里炸平。
-Barry: Madam, the war is over. You lost. I'm sorry.
小姐,战争已经结束了。你输了,我很抱歉。
-Jill: This isn't a war, Mr. Nottingham. We're talking about children.
这不是战争,Nottingham先生,我们的事关系到孩子们。
There must be other possible sites for your hotel complex that would not result in the displacement...
result in: 导致 displacement: 换置,转位,移动
你的大酒店准能选择其他地址的。没必要搬迁
-Skeeter: Hey, hey! Barry, Jill. How you doing? We're just wrapping up here. Donna, you remember Jill, right?
wrap up: 完成,结束(业务协定,会议等)
嘿,嘿!BarryJill,你们好吗?我们这里刚刚谈妥。Donna,你记得Jill,对吗?
-Donna: Of course! Oh, my God. That jacket is so cute!
当然了!哦,天哪这件夹克真漂亮!
-Jill: Uh, thank you.
哦,谢谢。
-Barry: Bronson, what are you doing here?
Bronson,你在这里干什么?
-Skeeter: What am I doing here? Yeah, what am I doing here?
我在这里干什么?对啊,我在这里干什么?
-Donna: Oh, uh, well, Mr. Bronson, as a concerned citizen,
concerned: 关心的 citizen: 市民
哦,Bronson先生是关心公务的公民,
wanted to bring points to my attention before I made any hasty decisions about the property.
hasty: 轻率的,急忙的
他提醒我注意一些事情,免得我匆忙做出有关物业的决定。
And they are points that are going to take me years to analyze.
analyze: 分析
为了查清这些事情,我可能要花几年时间。
-Barry: Years?
几年?
-Donna: Years.
几年。
-Barry: Bronson, are you playing hardball with me?
hardball:,强硬方式,强硬手段
Bronson,你跟我来硬的?
-Skeeter: I am, sir. Because your application for variance has been... denied.
application: 申请 deny: 否决
正是,先生。因为你的特许申请已经被驳回了。
-Barry: Denied?
驳回了?
-Skeeter: Yes. But the good news is Donna and I found you another piece of property
property: 财产,地产
对,不过还有条好消息。Donna和我给你另外找了一块地皮,
right on the beach in Santa Monica that is uptight and out of sight.
就在圣莫尼卡海滩上,那里的条件好得没话说。
-Barry: Beachfront was my first choice, but it's not for sale.
海滨本来是我的第一选择,可是那里不肯卖。
-Skeeter: It is now.
现在可以卖了。
-Donna: It is! Isn't that fabulous?
fabulous: 难以置信的
没错!这还不够好吗?
-Barry: Really?
真的?
-Skeeter: Friends?
朋友?
-Barry: Oh, oh. Yeah, well, germs.
哦,哦,病菌。
-Skeeter: Let's get past that. Come here. Come here. No, no, no, no, no.
别管病菌了,来吧,来吧。不,不,不,不,不。
I'm touching you, and it's OK. Look at that.
我在碰你,这没啥,你瞧。
-Barry: Aw...
-Skeeter: Ooh. You're enjoying it. Good. Bring me closer.
哦,你很喜欢这样很好,再近一点。
-Donna: That is so sweet. And creepy.
creepy: 毛骨悚然的
真是太温馨了,也太恶心了。
-Kendall: Attention, please, ladies and gentlemen.
请注意,女士们,先生们。
We are working with highly-sensitive, dangerous radio-controlled explosives.
sensitive: 敏感的,仪器灵敏的 explosive: 炸药
我们使用的是高度敏感、危险的电子遥控炸药。
-All: Boo!
嘘!
-Kendall: And so to avoid any tragic misfires, I would ask that you all turn off your cell phones.
avoid: 避免 tragic: 悲剧的 
所以为了避免走火的悲剧,我想请你们把手机都关掉。
All of you please. Turn your cell phones off.
请大家都把手机关掉。
-Jill: Did you really just fix everything?
你真的把所有事情都搞定了?
-Skeeter: Not everything. Yes?
还有一样。嗯?
-Barry: We appear to have a situation.
我们好像遇到麻烦了。
I can't reach Kendall on his cell phone to halt the demolition which will begin in... 13 minutes.
halt: 使...停止 
我想让Kendall停止爆破,可是他的手机打不通,离爆破时间还有…13分钟。
-Patrick: This sign we made is awesome!
awesome: 精彩
我们做的这个标语真是棒极了!
-Bobbi: We need a window where those construction guys can see it.
construction: 建设,建造
我们该把它挂在窗户上让这些建筑工人都看见。
Then they'll change their minds.
那样他们就会改主意了。
-Patrick: Bobbi, I found one.
Bobbi, 我找到一个。
-Jill: That's my Prius! OK. Where's your truck?
那是我的Prius!哦,你的卡车在哪?
-Skeeter: My truck? I had to give it back to the hotel.
我的卡车?我把车还给酒店了。
-Jill: What do you mean you gave it back to the hotel?
你说什么?把车还给酒店了?
-Skeeter: Come here! Come here!
过来!过来!
-Skeeter: Sorry! It's for a good cause!
cause: 原因,事业
对不起!这是为了做好事!
-Jill: Have you ever driven a motorcycle?
你骑过摩托车吗?
-Skeeter: No!
没有!
-Jill: Oh, my God!
哦,天哪!
-Jill: No, no, no, no!
不,不,不,不!
-Skeeter: Ooh! Yah! Booya!
哦呀!
-Wendy: Have you seen Bobbi? Patrick? Bobbi! Patrick!
你看见Bobbi吗?Patrick呢?BobbiPatrick
-Jill: What are you going to do?
你打算怎样?
-Skeeter: I'll take that back.
我收回了。
-Man: No fair!
不公平!
-Kendall: Hey, people, that's 60 seconds! Whoo-hoo!
各位,还有60秒!
-Wendy: Wait! Wait a minute! I can't find my children! They might be in there!
等等!等一下!我找不到我的孩子了!他们可能在里面!
-Kendall: Nice try. We cleared the building hours ago. OK? Everything is fine.
你这招不错。我们一小时前就清过场了,明白吗?一切就绪了。
-Wendy: No! Let me through!
不!让我过去!
-Man: Hey, we got to check the rooms before we start making booms.
boom: 爆破
喂,我们起爆前应该检查一下房间。
-Kendall: We've checked it already! Do it myself.
我们已经查过了!我自己来
(Screams)
-Both: Uncle Skeeter!
Skeeter叔叔!
-Skeeter: Hey! Get out of there!
快出去!
-Kendall: Five... - No!
… - 不!
-Skeeter: Grab the bar!
grab: 抓住
抓住横杠!
-Kendall: Four... Three... Two... One!
一!
-Skeeter: The king has issued a proclamation. The hotel moves away.
issue: 颁布
国王陛下有旨,酒店另选新址,
The school will stay. Long live Webster Elementary!
proclamation: 宣言,公布,文告
学校予以保留。Webster小学万岁!
-Bobbi: Mom!
妈妈!
-Patrick: Mom!
妈妈!
-Wendy: Bobbi! Patrick!
BobbiPatrick
-Wendy: Oh!
哦!
-Skeeter: Hey, hey, hey. You guys underdemeciated me.
嘿,嘿,嘿。我是坏菜补鱼啊。
Come here! I just got to know you guys. You think I'm gonna let you slip away from me now?
slip: 溜走
过来!这下我算认识你们了。你们说,我还会让你们溜走吗?
-Bobbi: I knew you were the good guy.
我知道你是好人。
-Skeeter: Yeah.
是啊。
-Trisha: Uh, Patrick, hi. I'm Trisha Sparks.
这个,Patrick,你好,我是Trisha Sparks
I just wanted you to know that... thanks for saving the school.
我只想对你说谢谢你救了学校。
-Skeeter: Western. Go Western.
西部好汉,学西部好汉。
-Patrick: No thanks necessary, ma'am.
女士,你没必要谢我。
-Skeeter: That's my boy. That's my boy.
好样的,好样的。
-Trisha: There must be some way for me to show my appreciation.
appreciation: 感激
肯定有什么办法让我表达谢意。
-Skeeter: Oh-ho-ho! Get it. Ooh! Hoo-hoo-hoo!
噢呵呵!上吧。哦!呵呵呵!
-Wendy: Hey, isn't she a little old for you?
嘿,你不觉得她大了点吗?
-Patrick: She's hot.
她很靓。
-Skeeter: So is she. What do you think?
她也是,你说呢?
If Master Stinky's getting a kiss, shouldn't, shouldn't I get a little mermaid action?
如果臭臭大师能得到一个吻,我是不是也该让小美人鱼亲一下呢?
-Jill: Come on, already.
来吧。
-Skeeter: Ooh!
哦!
-Marty: Now look what my boy has done.
瞧瞧我儿子干的好事。
Turned his back on the world of luxury hotel management to start a small family business.
turn back on: 不理睬
他不肯当豪华酒店的经理,却开了一家夫妻小店。
And bless his heart; he even named it after me.
luxury: 奢侈的 management: 管理 
他还挺有孝心,用我的名字给小店命名。
-Jill: Hey, speaking of s'mores, it looks like Bugsy ate them all. We're completely out of marshmallows.
说到棉花糖,好像Bugsy都吃完了。棉花糖都没了。
-Skeeter: Oh, all right. Let me handle that. Room service!
handle: 解决
好吧,我来解决。客房服务员!
-Kendall: Yes, sir?
是,先生。
-Skeeter: Hi, Kendall. Uh, Bugsy's out of marshmallows.
嗨,KendallBugsy把棉花糖吃完了,
If you could just go get him some, that would be great.
你能再给他拿一点就好了。
-Kendall: Right on it, sir. Anything else?
马上就拿来,先生,还有什么吩咐?
-Skeeter: Uh, not from you, Kendall, but, uh... Housekeeping?
哦,不是叫你的,Kendall…房屋清扫员?
-Skeeter: Hey, Aspen.
嘿,Aspen
Could you just make sure that Bugsy's cage is clean before he checks out in the morning?
check out: 退房手续【与check in相对】
你把Bugsy的笼子打扫干净好吗?免得他早上起来发火。
His marshmallows don't agree with him, there's gonna be a mess.
mess: 乱七八糟
他的棉花糖吃得不如意,弄得一团糟。
-Skeeter: All right. OK, bye, guys.
好吧。再见了,朋友们。
-Marty: I think Bugsy is trying to tell us that our tale has reached its end.
我想Bugsy是想告诉我们,我们的故事讲完了。
But before I go, let me tell you what our heroes and villains are doing now.
villain: 恶棍,坏人
不过在告别之前,让我告诉你们我们的英雄和坏蛋们如今在干什么。
My old friend, Barry Nottingham, overcame his fear of germs to such a degree that
overcome: 克服 degree: 等级,程度
我的老朋友Barry Nottingham,成功地克服了他的病菌恐惧症,
he decided to leave the hotel business and enter the field of medicine.
最后他居然决定离开酒店业改行当医生,
He is currently the school nurse at Webster Elementary.
如今他是韦伯斯特小学的校医。
Violet now runs the hotel empire, along with her husband, Mickey,
empire: 帝国
Violet现在掌管着酒店帝国,她的帮手是她丈夫Mickey
the former room service waiter who is now the ninth-richest person in the world.
former: 以前的
原先的客房服务生,现在是世界第九大富豪。
And Skeeter and Jill? After the double wedding of the century, they lived... well,
SkeeterJill呢?在百年未遇的双重婚礼以后,他们从此幸福地生活在一起,
happily ever after, running Marty's Motel and spending a lot of time with my grandkids,
经营着Marty汽车旅馆,经常和我的孙儿们一起玩,
whose adventures have just begun.
adventure: 冒险,奇遇
他们的冒险刚刚开始。
Though, not everyone is quite so excited. But that is a whole other story.
但并不是每个人都很开心,不过那是另一个故事了。
The end
 
Journey: Don't Stop Believin']
 Don't stop believing
 Hold on to that feeling
 Streetlight people
 Oh-oh-whoa
 Don't stop believing
 Hold on
 Streetlight people
 Oh-oh-whoa
 Just a small town girl
 Livin' in a lonely world
 She took the midnight train
 Goin' anywhere
 Just a city boy
 Born and raised in south Detroit
 He took the midnight train
 Goin' anywhere
 A singer in a smoky room
 A smell of wine and cheap perfume
 For a smile they can share the night
 It goes on and on and on and on
 Strangers waiting
 Up and down the boulevard
 Their shadows
 Searching in the night
 Streetlight people
 Living just to find emotion
 Hiding
 Somewhere in the night
 Working hard to get my fill
 Everybody wants a thrill
 Paying anything to roll the dice
 Just one more time
 Some will win
 Some will lose
 Some were born to sing the blues
 Oh the movie never ends
 It goes on and on and on and on
 Strangers waiting
 Up and down the boulevard
 Their shadows
 Searching in the night
 Streetlight people
 Living just to find emotion
 Hiding
 Somewhere in the night
 Don't stop believing
 Hold on to that feeling
 Streetlight people
 Oh-oh-whoa
 Don't stop believing
 Hold on
Streetlight people
 Oh-oh-whoa
 
词汇解析:Bella Zhang     校对:Ashley
推荐词典:
  • Notes
看电影学英语,尽在爱酷英语
www.iCoolEN.com 爱酷英语
  • 评 论
  • 超口爱阿拉蕾
    超口爱阿拉蕾's picture
  • 好快啊 我都看不明白 没有更初级一点的吗
  • Mon, 03/22/2010 - 17:01
沪ICP备09017921号
淘宝黄钻店